Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome, Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. It's time now for our community connection right here on Kay one, the one you trust, and you know we do this every year. It's the Toy Run. Ladies, introduce yourselves. Hello.
Speaker 2: I'm Amber Renolds, so it's a Barnosow Motorcycle Toy Run.
Speaker 3: And I'm Elizabeth.
Speaker 1: Hey, and you know something, you two have been here every year since I've been here. That's been since seven years going on now, and I can always count on company for Thanksgiving. So thank you for coming in and having fun with us today. Thank you. We enjoyed sharing it with you. Yeah, I'm musing, Rental. We got a little fun coming up, don't we yep.
Speaker 2: On the seventh of December, first Saturday in December every year, it is time for the Barnislow Motorcycle Toy Run.
Speaker 1: And it goes right past the radio station here on Frank Phillips. But where do we start.
Speaker 2: It starts in the parking lot by Arby's, in between Arby's and Kohles, and the parade will take off at two o'clock and it will go straight down Frank Phillips and end up at the Salvation Army.
Speaker 1: My goodness sakes, Now, what do we need to do besides having maybe a motorcycle a toy? Right? Yeah, yeah, that's kind of important. You know.
Speaker 2: We asked that every rider bring at least one toy and all ages, anything from infant to teenager is appreciated. And you donate a toy right in the parade and we give your free meal a the end.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's right, you do. It's always a good one too. Now I don't ride a motorcycle anymore, can I still donate a toy? Yes?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Anybody can bring a toy by when you want us to come by. Santa normally comes to the parking lot about noon, and so we hang out and everything and gather between noon and two and take off. Then.
Speaker 1: Okay, so noon and too, bring the branded toy and for boys or girls, and make sure we get it on Santa sleigh. You guys think care of that and point us in the right direction. We do, and uh and then zoom off we go down the Salvation.
Speaker 2: Army yep, and the parade route. There's, uh, you know, plenty of good spots along the way. Check out all the bikes that go by. It's a wonderful sound.
Speaker 1: It is so fun, it really is. And we have the best road because we get out there on the little balcony out here at the radio station kind of waving everybody as they go by. It's quite. It's quite the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I do the official count. Just a few businesses, right, you got the clicker, I got the clicker. I'm counting bikes and riders.
Speaker 1: Now, young lady, We've got some sponsors, don't wait. Yes, oh, and we do this every year. We need be the hard job because here's this big long list and she smiles right through it. Who's helping us out?
Speaker 3: So this year's sponsors, we have no Limit Power Sports, g H Masonry, ogles V, Assembly of God, Loney, Lonny Holsure, far Barsville Yard Greetings, Bartlesville, Marble and Tile, Lenape Smoke Shop, Back Roads, Bar and Grill, CNM Collision Repair Center, The Salvation Army, Imaging Concepts, Burrsville Police Reserves, Barzell Cycle Sports, Coachworks, Paint and Body, Green Country Trader and Pond Accounts by Jana, Carolyn's Doghouse, Evans Nursery, Kitty Kirk Corner childcare, early learning center, better homes in gardens, real estate, Paul's Recker, the radio station, Super six Haircuts, Truot's break in Alignment, Cole's Rental and U Haul, in memory of Cotton, Humble Roads, a Biker Church and Priesthood, Rainey's custom Butchering, Magical Universe Getaways, and in memory of Crash Turnbull Wowe.
Speaker 1: That sponsor list keeps getting bigger and bigger, and the number of motorcyclists keeps getting larger and larger. This is thirty seven years in the making, isn't.
Speaker 2: It It is?
Speaker 1: My aunt started this.
Speaker 2: Every year she would go to area toy runs and she figured that, you know, Bartotoll is big enough to support one of their own, so she did it herself.
Speaker 1: And that's how it got started out.
Speaker 2: That's how it got start.
Speaker 1: Like it, it's good enough for over there when we do it over there, watch me now and then look at us. My goodness sinks. We fill up a few city blocks from beginning to end with our motorcycles on our toy run. And it's really, like I said, folks, if you haven't seen it, come on out Saturday and take a look at it. And better yet, be a part of it. If you can't ride, I just donate a toy because they're so needed this year.
Speaker 2: Times are hard, they are, they are, and we have for the past quite a few years the toys that the Salvation Army is lacking. After they get their angels back from the angel trees, we have been able to complete out their lists so that every kid gets, you know, something for Christmas that has applied to the Salvation Army.
Speaker 1: My goodness sakes, you must have tons of volunteers.
Speaker 2: No, actually, this is mostly a family affair. Oh really, all the Salvation Army really helps us out reserves and and things like that. But my aunt started it, and when she decided to kind of retire, my sister, myself and my cousin's kid, the three of us run it and family helps an awful lot on that day. And you know, this one's been helping pretty much since she's been able to walk.
Speaker 1: And oh yeah, the same thing since you were in elementary school, because I remember you coming in here when.
Speaker 2: You just.
Speaker 1: Now she full grown.
Speaker 2: So my goodness sakes, but yeah, my sister does the administration stuff. I take care of the t shirts, sell them that day. I do the count and my cousin's kid, kate Lee takes care of the kitchen and the meal.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is something. This is awesome. And you know, on behalf of everybody in town, thank you, oh, because you know this is this is something a lot of folks look forward to every year. I know Salvation Army does, but you know, even folks like us who just see a good thing being done, this kind of worms. Everybody's hard.
Speaker 2: It does, it does. And our bikers that participate, you know, they they look forward to it every year. They never miss And the community. I have watched the community grow and grow that comes out to watch the parade go by, and I know that, you know, especially little kids, it's it's it's almost as fun as as the regular Christmas parade. They enjoy it just as much.
Speaker 1: This is fun. So it's coming up next Saturday, next Saturday, This Saturday, but next Saturday, folks round noonish, get out there in the parking lot and break Philips little bar between the Army's and the cools U haul there and then right around noon as she will be there, start bringing your toys and bring your bring your your your toy, your motorcycle. If you're going to be riding, bring that too, because you're gonna need it, because it's a motorcycle toy run exactly. But if you don't write, you can always donate and have fun. Sanna's gonna be there and everything.
Speaker 2: Yep, Sanna's gonna be there. We will have shirts for sale there twenty dollars. This is last year.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: And the sponsors are on the back and it's money from the T shirt sales also goes to fulfilling the extra needs of the Salvation Army.
Speaker 1: That's great. Do you have a Facebook page in case folk may be a missed a few things, Yeah, we do.
Speaker 2: It's a Bartlesviille motorcycle toy run on Facebook.
Speaker 1: Easy to find, yep, pretty easy to find.
Speaker 2: And we do want to point out that you know, it is motorcycles only, so unfortunately anything with four wheels is not allowed.
Speaker 1: But we thank you for you know your donation.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely again, anybody is welcome to bring buy a toy. You can have a chat with Sanna and and you know, pictures.
Speaker 1: Take pictures absolutely, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can share those on our on our Facebook page. We would appreciate that, you know, because we go around and take pictures as well. But we got a lot of other stuff we're doing too.
Speaker 1: You know, folks on the parade route too, they take them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, you know I'm taking them those advantages along the parade route that everybody involved in the toy run itself. We don't get to see that, you know, because I'm the only person pretty much that gets to see the parade. But I'm so busy counting I can't take pictures.
Speaker 1: You know. She has to get a little band aid on her thumb because she sprains that little joint there on hitting the clicker. Yeah. Well, my husband does help me out. Yeah, best one.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, he he counts the bikes and I count the riders, So I do have the faster thumb because you know, you got two riders sometimes, gotcha.
Speaker 1: I want to thank you very much, both of you for being here today.