Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. I am a brain expert. I've seen over one hundred thousand patients. I've been doing this for twenty five years. I'm a functional neurologist. Now that's different than a typical medical neurologist. So a typical neurologist, if you have anxiety, they're gonna give you some anti anxiety pill or xanax to chill you out. But the problem is those medications are gonna chill everything out. They're gonna shut off the things that need to be active. Because medicine doesn't just go exactly to the overactive place that's creating the anxiety. It goes everywhere in your body and shuts off these neurotransmitters, so you don't function at optimal levels. Worse if you're a female, because the research is done on men, and females may not process these pills exactly how men do. But if we just look at the philosophy. It's like most doctors will give you a pill to try and hide the symptoms, put a band aid over it, cover it up so you don't experience those and a lot of patients will like that and they say, Okay, I don't have as much anxiety, and then they depend on it and it becomes addictive and the brain needs it, just like if you were an alcoholic or a drug addict, or a gambling addict, or a cell phone addict, or a Facebook addict or a TikTok Instagram addict. Yeah, it's true. These internet and social media things are just as addictive as cocaine and heroin. Don't think it's any different. This is just the addictions in twenty twenty five, all right. So we still have some of the old addictions, like the drugs and the alcohol, but now there's new one prescription pills, technology, the internet, all that stuff, all right, So what we want to do is not cover up symptoms with pills. And even if it's a natural pill. Right, so they might give you Valerian root, right, So, Valerian root is given by a lot of doctors or natural healthcare providers to reduce anxiety. But again you're covering up symptoms. So if you have anxiety, do you want to just take Valerian root, do you want to just take exatax or which is harder work. Get to the root cause of the problem. Rewire your brain in a process called neuroplasticity, so that you naturally, holistically and integratively reduce the anxiety as to pose to keep on taking the pills. That's why I'm a functional neurologist, because I'm changing the function of your nervous system so you don't express symptoms. Let's say you have difficulty with sleep insomnia, sleep deprivation, or you wake up all groggy, or you wake up in the middle of night because you got a pee, or you toss and turn and your mind's racing, or you wake up early three or four o'clock and you can't get back to bed. I've heard it all, I've seen it all, all right, So this is sleep deprivation. You should not remember your dreams. If you remember your dreams, that means you're waking up during your deep sleep cycle. You should wake up not knowing anything about what happened that entire night. You s'uld be like, WHOA, how long was I out? Where am I? What day is it? You want to be really out, that deep deep sleep. No tossing and turning, no getting up to go to the bathroom, no mind raising, no getting comfortable. You are out. All right, that's a good deep sleep. Now what do most doctors do. Well, there's a couple of options. They might say, okay, let's do a sleep study. Then you do a sleep study where you stay overnight, they check your brain waves and then they say, okay, you're not getting good delta. So your brain has different brain waves. The delta brain wave is when you're sleeping, The alpha is when you're up, The beta is when you gotta really think and focus, and the theta that's when you're just kind of daydreaming in la la land. All right, So you have all these different brain waves, just like your heart has different waves, and I'll give you a way that we can measure that. Just stick around for the end, all right. But getting back to the sleep deprivation, right, So they do this sleep study, they find out you do have sleep deprivation, and they'll diagnose you with sleep apnea. If you have sleep apnea, then what they give you is called a seapap, and a seapap is this machine that attaches to this mask that you have to wear at night. So most people they don't want to have to wear this mask at night to get to breathe better to improve their sleeping. Right, So that's covering up the symptoms. So I'm not breathing right when I sleep. Let me wear this mask to do my breathing for me. But then you'll never fix the problem. Right, even if we do the natural way, what do people naturally take in the holistic world and the herbalist and the acupuncturists and the chiropractice and all the doctors that practice in natural health care. Melatonin? Right, So they'll give melatonin because that's supposed to be the hormone that helps you to sleep. But what's the problem. What if your cortosol levels are too high, then the melatonin won't work. Now, let's say the melatonin does work. Is that even good because the brain says, oh, okay, you're taking this melatonin synthetically. Now I don't have to produce it on its own. Then you have to rely on taking melatonin your entire life. We're going to get to the root cause of why you're not sleeping. Not just taking a pill to get you to sleep. You want your own brain to do it right. There's medicines that can knock you out right. They have most popular one that is ambient. People take this drug and it just knocks them out. The problem is and then wake up and they're all groggy me and crash the car, especially if it's a female like we were talking about before you know you're cooking, leave the fire on. You know, who knows what can happen when this drug is still in you. Things are very strong, so you want to take the natural stuff to melatonin. You don't want to take that strong medication like the ambient who have sleeping pills. You don't want to take Nike will Cough medicine to knock you out. Your body needs to do certain things when you're sleeping. When you take the medicine, it shuts off all your systems. Some of your systems are detoxing yourself, so that's at the night is when you detox yourself. You might have to get rid of heavy metals or mold exposure, or your immune system has to work, which fights viruses or bacteria or allergies, parasites, or your digestive system has to work to absorb the nutrients and break it down. Get ready to eliminate the bad stuff through your bowel movements. When you wake up, your bladder's got to work and kidneys to absorb the water you drank. Fill throughout the bad stuff. Get it ready in the bladder for when you wake up in the morning. You shouldn't have to wake up in the middle of the night to pee. That mean your systems aren't working properly. You're not sleeping properly, right, So we always want to get to the root cause. Why do you have anxiety? Why do you have difficulties sleep? And that's what I do as a functional wologist. Get to the root cause of the problem. That's the most important thing to do. And we could do a complete neurological evaluation figure out why you do have anxiety. Maybe it's your overactive frontal cortex. Maybe it's your underactive autonomic nervous system. Maybe your sympathetics are putting you in this fight or flight mode. Maybe your brain has inflammation, maybe you have autoimmune disease. Could be a million things going on, but we got to get to the root cause. Then if we fix the root cause, then the anxiety will reduce naturally sleeping difficulties. You got to get to the root cause. Could be simple stuff eating too late that stimulates cortisol. Maybe you're watching TV too late, maybe you're watching the news. It could be something easy to change. Sometimes it has to do with the brain. Maybe you're not getting those delta brain waves. Maybe you're not in that what we call the rest and digest so you might have digestive problems and sleeping difficulties. We always got to get to the root cause right. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Don't wait for stuff to get real bad and then try and cover it up with pills. Anytime you're having symptoms, those are your bodies telling you, hey, there's something abnormal going on. Go to an expert. Go to an expert in the brain that can help you out. Because when you go to the brain expert, they can figure out why do you have the anxiety, why do you have the difficulties sleeping? And I prefer a functional neurologist. The functional neurologist, you know, doesn't just give you write a prescription or pell but teaches you how to rewire your own brain through a process called neuroplasticity so you can function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power more when we come back from the break.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add can cut, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplin is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact the Doctor Kamplin, you can call his team at two O one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplandc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now, we're seeing a lot of patience with long COVID called the COVID longhaulers. All right, so COVID happened in twenty twenty, maybe even a little bit before that, five years ago. It's a long time and people are still affected five years ago and they come to me. They say, Doc, my memory has not been the same since long COVID. Where they say, Doc, I still haven't got my smell back since I got COVID in twenty twenty. Doc, my energy is low. I can't lose the weight that I gained. I've been getting all these heart palpitations and high blood pressure ever since I got COVID. I'm getting dizzyness and headaches. I get brain fog, and I can't think, and I'm anxious and I'm depressed. I can't sleep, I can't digest food, can't breathe, I have this cough happens, I get these skin problems. We've seen it all all since COVID, and many of them have also been the same exact symptoms, but even more such as like chemical sensitivities and allergies and weird smells and tonightis and all other stuff too comes from the vaccine side effects of the COVID shot. Even young people who you know, their hearts stop functioning properly the second day, start exercising, Females with their cycle being awkward, and elderly getting their period again, and younger people stop getting their period, people not being able to get pregnant, men getting rectile dysfunction and prostate inflammation, all these crazy things. So it's been a crazy five years, starting from COVID then continuing with many of the side effects from the vaccines as well. So we get a lot of patience with these complaints and no one believes them, and it's sad, and they're sent to all these doctors and do all these tests and nobody's able to find anything. And it's good, right, So we don't want you having strokes and tumors and big stuff, right, So it's good that they're not finding these major things, but it's affecting the function of their lives, the quality of their lives. Some of them even have to quit their jobs, drop out of school, get out of relationships, move out of other places. I mean, people's lives have been turned up and down and around as a result of long COVID. And the scary part is they don't even know, oh, what's gonna happen, But you guys do because you're listening to this show. And my patience when they come to see me, you know, they come to see me and they say, hey, Doc, you know I haven't had my smell back since COVID twenty twenty. I let them know that's not good. Loss of smell is one of the earliest signs of severe neurological disorders such as Parkinson's, dementia, Alzheimer's, so forty years later they can develop. So you can get a twenty year old, a thirty year old, forty year old losing their smell, and then at sixty seventy eighty losing their memory getting the tremor. I havn't balanced problems, so long COVID is just starting. This is early COVID. Unless you fix the problem. You have to fix the problem. So COVID comes from that. What the coronavirus right now? How does the coronavirus affect your brain? The coronavirus is gonna affect your brain if you have a leaky gut. Right. So if you guys remember back in twenty twenty, they were saying, oh, you know, don't touch your mouth. Right, So let's say you touch somebody with covid, then you touch your mouth. Now you swallow the saliva. Now the virus is in your stomach. If you have good immune system, your stomach is gonna release acid, and that acid is gonna kill the virus. They're gonna have your white blood cells they're called impocytes. These limphocytes fight viruses. They're gonna kill the virus. Your first immune system is your gut. Now, if your gut doesn't have enough stomach acid because you've taken an acids, you've taken rolaids or tumbs. Now you've depleted your gut of healthy stomach acid. All these people who have gurd acid reflux, right, they're given these an acids. You don't want to take an acids because you need stomach acid. It's one of the most important things. Now, if you've taken any of these an acids, now coronavirus is more likely to take over because you've decreased the stomach acids, which would normally kill that virus. By taking medicine, it makes you weaker. Think about that. If you get a fever, your body's heating up to kill the virus. If you take a medicine to bring down your fever, now the virus can thrive. So you got rid of that stomach acid, you decreased your fever. Take an antibiotics, which kills all the good bacteria. Your gut microbiome stinks. Now you got long covid, your body can never kill it. You gotta get your systems working. How come some people get COVID and not get sick, and other people get COVID and they still having the repercussions. It's because there was a weakness to begin with. So you got to get your body not only better as a result of what it did. Right, So, let's say you had this COVID and let's say COVID attack the rain. Now you got to do brain exercises to strengthen that area. It's not rocket science. Right. If you strain the muscle, you got to exercise it to get it better. Right. If your vision's not good, you gotta do eye exercises to improve your vision. If your memory is bad as a result of COVID, then guess what you gotta do? Memory exercises, Brain exercises. All right. You know, an easy thing you can do like a brain exercise is where you do the cross cross. So you take your right hand, tap your left leg, touch your left hand, touch your right leg, and you cross over and you go to a beat like a metronome. And every day you do a new category and in thirty seconds you want to get fifteen of each category. So let's say on Monday you do different colors. On Tuesday you do different animals. On Wednesday you do different presidents. On Thursdays you do world cities. On Thursday you do things in the kitchen. On Friday you do things at a wedding. On Saturday you do things in outer space, and on Sunday you do things you would see at a school. So every day you do different categories. As you're doing this cross crawl exercise where you're tapping your opposite leg. That's making your brain work and you gotta, you know, coordinate, and you gotta remember, and you gotta speak, and you gotta use your frontal cortex. If you're losing your smell. You gotta do smell exercises. You know, you literally take a strong smell peppermint or something and you start smelling it, and then you try rosemary, and then you try winter green and tea tree oil, and you know, these really strong ones, and then you try and do it further away. So just like you can exercise your eyes by doing eye exercises, you can exercise your nose and your smell by doing smell exercises. You could exercise your memory by doing memory exercises. You could improve your posture by doing posture exercises. Always get to the root cause. So with the long haulers, we got to fix the problem. If it's their brain, we got to do brain problems. If it's their heart right, we got to get that vagus nerve working which controls it. If it's their gut, we might get the like I said, the acid or the bacteria, the gut microbiome. We might have to work on the valves so the illeoseecual valve opens you don't get sebo. You might have to work on the stomach. With the gastritis, you might have to work on the intestines and the peristalsis contractions we might have to work. You know, it all depends, right, So if it's your lungs, we might have to do breathing exercises. We always got to get to the root cause if you're having skin problems, we might have to change your diet, you know, you know, if we might need if you're having respiratory issues, you might have to do hyperbaric oxygen. You know, if you're having mood problems, anxiety and depression, you might have to do neuro feedback. So you gotta heal the damaged areas, and you gotta get yourself better than even before. So you might have to boost your immune system. You might have to increase your energy levels. You might have to start eating healthy or working out, going to bed earlier, getting more sunline, breaking up with a bad relationship, quitting a bad job, reducing your stress. So there might have to be other stuff you need to do in addition. So when we have these long haulers, it's a lot of stuff. You might need laser therapy, you might need oxygen, neuro feedback, you might need neuroplasticity, you might need nutritional you might need respiratory postural, you might need alignment. You might need chemical sensit to me. You might need to get a water filter, you might need to you know, change the electromagnetic frequencies you're exposed to. You might have to change your environment. It's a lot, a lot of work, but that's what you have to do to get better. So if you want a doctor that's gonna get to the goo call and you're ready to work for it, then wear the place for you. If you just want to pill or supplement or an herb or an injection or an IV gluthioner be twelve or O zone. Right, that's not what we do, but we actually fix the root cause of a problem so you function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun. At the same time, listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at kaplinbrainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Kaplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. A lot of my patients want to know how can I increase energy? They've lost their energy in life. They're always tired. Well, guess what makes you more tired is more sleep? Interesting? Right, So if you're sleeping, you know, nine, ten, eleven, twelve hours, that's actually gonna make you more tired. If you take all these naps during the day, it's gonna make you more tired. You got to create energy. You got to create it. Your body has the energy inside you, but it needs to manifest. It shouldn't be fake energy. That's what most people do. It's fake energy. What's fake energy? Caffeine?
Speaker 4: Coffee, soda, Red Bull energy drinks, juice, smoothie.
Speaker 2: Right energy Bar, This is fake energy. It's not real. You have to make it on your own, all right. And it starts with the good night rest. Good night rest is seven to eight hours. It's eight hours during the winter, it's seven hours during the summer. Right. The reason why we sleep more in the winter is just the laws of the sun. That's it. You know. Just if it's darker earlier, you go to bed earlier. It's not simple. Health is not complicated. It's not rocket science. The world is already made for you. The sun tells you when to go to bed. Stop staying up all night in the dark with all your lights on, and all your computers are on, your cellphones on, and your TVs on, computers on, all these blue lights, got lights on top of you. You got lamps going on the brains. I whoo, I'm up. Follow the laws of the sun. The sun gives you energy. Get up when the sun starts to rise, and get your butt outside. You want more energy, Go outside as the sun rises, and you will literally you can feel the energy. I'll do that, and I'll put I'll raise my hand up with my palms open pointed towards the sun, and you literally get free energy from the sun, not fake energy, and pay Starbucks billions of dollars with their hot coffee in their toxic cup where the hot fluid makes these toxic chemicals seep into the coffee that you're drinking every day, and you're giving them billions of dollars. When you go into a Starbucks, you're getting radiated from all the people on their Wi Fi, working on the computers, chit chatting at the coffee shop. It's a lot of electromagnetic frequency, it's a lot of toxic chemicals, and it's fake energy. When you're bringing this fake energy, then it says I don't need to use it on my own and then it doesn't want to produce its own energy, all right, So make sure that you get real energy through the sun, through the air. What gives you energy in the air oxygen. So go outside where there's lots of trees. One tree gives enough oxygen for five people, right, So go out in the woods, Go out in the forest, go out in the jungle, go in the park. Do some breathing exercise where you inhale for four seconds, hold your breath for seven seconds, and exhale for eight seconds. Do that minimum three times three times a day. When you inhale, breathe through your diaphragm, push your belly down and out. That's called diaphramatic breathing. You don't want to breathe through your shoulders, through your neck through there's accessory muscles of respiration. Work on your posture, and the more your shoulders roll forward, the harder it is for you to breathe. You can do that. Try this like, roll your shoulders in, tuck your chin down, take a breath. Now lift your chin up, bring your shoulders back, take a big breath, and you can feel a big difference. You're gonna get more oxygen and more energy, and there's if you're not getting it, you could do a hyperbaric oxygen chamber. We do that at CAPL and brain and body hyperbaric oxygen chambers one hundred percent oxygen. The normal air in the atmosphere is only about twenty percent oxygen. We also have oxygen concentrators which filters out some of the bad stuff such as the nitrogen or the carbon dioxide, and it makes it forty percent oxygen. In the hyperbaric oxygen chamber, it's one hundred percent oxygen. Plus there's a pressure at one point five that squeezes the oxygen into all the cells, into the lungs, gets you breathing better, into your brain, gets you thinking better. Into your heart, make your heart function better, in to your gut, kills off the bacteria, the viruses. The hyperbaric oxygen chaper suffocates if you have COVID long hauler, if you have chronic lime disease, epstein bar virus, herpes virus E Coli, H. Pylori, yeast infections, mold exposures, all this suffocates it. The hyperbaric oxygen chamber. All right, to stick around to the end and I'll tell you how to get a free hyperbaric oxygen chamber session at one of our offices. But this is one hundred percent oxygen at one point five atmospheric pressure. Now they're putting it in hospitals. You know, this has been known for decades. Professional absolute athletes have do it, and really rich people know about it and they do it. But now the everyday person knows about it. So you know, if you really want to increase your energy, that's one of the best ways to do it. All right, So get Sunlite, get your oxygen. Now you got to get your food, all right. That's where you get at itergy from his food. That's why we eat. It's for energy. Don't drink for energy. Don't do caffeine, soda, coffee, tea, Red Bull, energy drinks when I say prime, whatever those things are. Don't drink for energy. The only thing you should be drinking is water. Okay. Water is the only thing that you should be drinking. And the more energy that you could get from water would be with salt. So you need the minerals. That's why the athletes drink the gatorade because that's going to get them the minerals. However, it's crazy that they still with drink gatorade knowing what we know now that the food dye is toxic, the sugar is toxic, the artificial sweeteners are toxic, you know, and they barely have minerals in there. The most minerals will get from Celtic salt, Celtic Sea salt or the pink Kimmalayan salt. Those both have about eighty six minerals. Okay, so those are the way to get salt. You just put a pinch with each glass of water. That will give you the most energy not coffee. That's fake energy. Water is real energy, Sunlight is real energy, Oxygen is real energy, and food is real energy. Those are your four real energies. To get all the energy from food, you must eat each color the rainbow and try and do it every meal. Something that's red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. The foods that are gonna drain you of energy the white foods, sugar, dairy, flour, all the grains, cream, cheese, yogurt, sour cream, creamy sauces, cheese, ice cream, cookies, cake, oatmeal, cereals, rice, potatoes, you know, all that stuff, bagels, muffins, bread, pasta, all that stuff without color. Stay away from it. That's gonna drain you of energy. That's fake energy. It gives you a little old sugar high, but that's it. It's not real energy. Real energy comes from fat. Ooh, the brain likes fat, and fat doesn't make you fat. Walnuts great fat, they're gonna give you energy. Gia seeds, Oh, those are good fat. Some omega three some Some of the fish right, small fish because they have less radiation, less mercury, Salmon, mackerel, herring, small sardines. Eat the small fish, good, healthy, fat. You get those fish oils. That's good. Olives, eat olives, great fat. Avocado the superfood. It's the best fat. And you get the green and the yellow with the avocado. Get your color in there. So many good healthy fats. Get some coconut oil, all right, lots of healthy fat. Get some good healthy eggs. Get your yellow. Make sure paschu raise not just cage free, cage free as a scam, all right. You want free roaming. You want to fedg genetically modified corn on a vegetarian diet, no hormones, no antibiotics, no steroids, organic, humanly raised. You know, if you know the local farmers, even better, go to Amish country if you want. You know they're doing it right. So just you know, be aware of what you eat. That's how you get your energy through those four things, the sun, the air, water and food. It's that simple. Stop doing all the caffeine and get your energy from drinks. This way you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases that this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Kaplin, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now. We're seeing a lot of patience with mood disorders, a lot of anxiety, a lot of depression, a lot of people just aren't happy. And if you think about it, this should be the happiest time in your life. You know, this is like the safest time, you know, you go even just like a hundred years ago, a crazy world. Now, like everything is so easy. It's so easy to get food. You know what America is like unlimited food here. It's crazy how much food there is. It's like a it's like a one of those cruise ships. It's like just food after food. Everywhere you go, there's food, food, food. Americans love to eat. Gotta stop eating so much. Go to bed hungry every night. You don't want to go to bed on a full stomach. That's the worst thing. You don't want any food in your stomach when you're going to bed. You know hard it is to digest food when you're lying down. We need gravity. And remember what we said, we eat for energy. So why gonna eat at night to go to sleep. It's gonna interrupt your deep sleep, right, So stop eating food at night. That is not good for your brain function. Right now, with mood disorders, a lot of they have sleeping troubles, right So one of the things we have to do is stop eating at night and stop using electronics at night. That stimulates cortisol, which is the stress hormone. So if we're too stressed out. The more electronics are use the worse. So stop using the cell phone, stop watching TV, stop going on the computer and iPad, on YouTube and Facebook, Instagram and TikTok and snapchat and oh my god, there's so much that's not good for your brain. In fact, it's the exact opposite. When you're on Instagram, that's gonna make you more depressed and more anxious. See these people on Facebook. They're posting all their fancy vacations and their fancy meals and their beautiful friends, and they're taking pictures when they're in these fancy dresses and all their makeup and where everything's perfect and everybody's smiling, and it's like, Wow, everybody's life is great, but mine wrong, wrong, wrong. Nobody's posting their dramas, their stresses, their anxiety, their depression. They don't post when they wake up in the morning and their hair is all messed up. They don't post, you know, how they you know, lost it and yelled at their kid. They don't post how they messed up the big thing at work. The post when they got promoted, right, you know, But no one wants to tell you all the bad stuff. That's going on. The embarrassing stuff. Right. So people, you know, gain twenty pounds, they don't post that picture. It's when they lose twenty pounds they post that picture. Right. You know, they take a picture of the car. They don't take it when it's the most dirty. They take it when it's the most clean. The simple stuff. But everybody thinks their life is better when you're on social media. So for food disorders, social media is really bad because if you post something and then nobody likes it, oh boy, you get more anxiety, more depression. If you use your cell phone and you send somebody text message and they don't respond, the worse your brain is. They don't respond in a minute, you get a little depressed. If they don't respond in an hour, you get more depressed. If they don't respond in a day, get really depressed. If they don't respond in two or three days, you're through the roof. It's like a drug. It's like waiting for the drug dealer to call you with the next shipment. When you're an addict, you lose it, get angry, you lose it. This technology is like a drug. So the worse your mood disorder, the more you have to stay from the electronics. And that's not even talking about the electromagnetic frequencies which cause brain inflammation. So don't hold your phone next to your brain. Don't hold your Bluetooth device in your ear next to your brain. Don't have your computer on your lap, don't have your cell phone in your back pocket. If your man, you're rating your prostate, don't have it in your front pocket. Your female, you're rating your ovaries. Man, you're overrating your testicles. You want. Radiation causes tumors, cancer, mood disorders, so stop radiating your brain. Another thing that's important for mood disorders is progression, especially depression. Right, so if you have depression, you got to make progression. You have to make progression in your health, whether it's you know, lifting more weights, running a longer distance, increasing your speed, you know, improving your pickleball skills or your basketball or tennis, or getting good at your dance class, or you know, your zoomba, whatever you want to do. You know, just orange theory, I like, you know, just pick something that you like but that you can improve upon. Maybe it's you want to lose a few pounds, make some progression. Maybe it's you want to do a a few more push ups, you know, do ten push ups and eleven push ups and twelve push ups. You know, make some sort of progression. Maybe you want to stress and reach your toes. It's got to be progression. Maybe you want to drink more water, go to bed earlier, eat healthier food. But some progression is necessary. Maybe you want to be more educated, so you can progress in education. You can progression religion and spirituality. You can progress in relationships. You know, you can presu progress financially economically or investment wise, or job promotions, or you know, more clients, more income, whatever it is. It could be related to your work. Progression you can you know, you could progress in your charity and your volunteering. Just make some sort of progression. With anxiety, it's more about distraction, all right. So if you're feeling stressed, change the atmosphere, change the conversation, leave the house, doing new tasks, go to a different room, turn on some music, do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight. Just do something out of that per area you are. Don't be like, all right, calm down, everything's gonna be okay. That won't work. But we got to figure out where does this mood disorder come from, not hide it by taking you know, antidepressants or anti anxiety pills. But let's see where's the imbalance. There's three tests that would really help us determine the root cause of any neurological disorder, but especially these mood disorders. And then we're gonna give you a special deal, so stick around to the end. The three tests. One is called a qt EEG brain mapping. That's where you wear a cap and it's got electrodes attached to it and measures all your different brain waves. It tells us which areas are working well and which areas aren't working well. If you have sleep problem, anxiety, depression, difficulty with focus, motivation, organization planning, if you have tonitis, floaters in the eyes, if you have light sensitivity, sound sensitivity, weird smells, balance problems, headaches, dizzyness, It tells us if you have troubles with sleeve with troubles with energy, troubles with digestion. It tells us you have a thyroid issue. If you have psetocholine, dopamine, neural transmitters, heavy metal poisoning, concussion. It breaks everything down This test is amazing. There's no radiation, there's no small tube, there's no contrast fluid. It's super safe, super quick. It's normally six hundred dollars. First seven people to call, text or email can get it for twenty one. That's test number one. Test number two is called a VNG video and nostography, where you wear goggles that have infrared cameras and they measure your movements to the left and to the right and up and down and fast and slow and darken and light and with head positions and turns, and basically you can say which areas of the brain are underactive and which areas of the brain are overactive. If it's underactive, you're gonna have brain fog, and you know, uh, weight gain and low motivation and depression and fatigue and everything's slow and oh it's so hard and weak and difficult. Now it also tells us which parts of the brain are overactive. You got heart palpitations and anxiety and panic and stress, and you worry all the time and have rumination on the negative aspects of life, and you have difficulty with sleeping, and uh, it's always worry, and the brain get angry and aggressive and get in samnia. You can't sleep, and you know you get high blood pressure and so that's over active. All right, This picks up that as well. That's the VNG. And again no radiation, no small tube, no contrast flu with no risk, super easy, super quick. That's called video, and this dimography. It's normally six hundred dollars. First seven people can get this test for only twenty one dollars. And the third test is a one on one with me where I check out your memory, your balance, your coordination. I look at your posture, listen to your heart and your lungs and your gut. We go over the VNG, we go over the q EEG, go over your blood work, any pass tests. I give you a diagnosis, treatment, recommendations of prognosis. Spend about forty five minutes with you. Right, it's normally six hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call a text email you could get the one on one with me for only twenty one dollars. So you can pick and choose, or you could do all three. Just let us know. The number is six four six two two one six seven three eight. The email is info at Kaplinbrainbody dot com. Say like all three tests for twenty one dollars each because you listen to the radio show. If you're interested in more information, go to our website kaplindc dot com. You can find out about our offices in New York, New Jersey. We also do a lot of virtual visits. If you're interested in that, you could buy my book Boost your Brain Power, a guide to improving your memory and focus. And then you can also go on social media. We're on Facebook, Kaplinbrand Andbody, Instagram Kaplin Brain Body. We're at TikTok. Doctor Eric Kaplan hope you learned a lot. If you miss the shows and the pass, just go onto the website or the app and go into the archives, put on my name and the show Boost your brain Power, and you could listen to all the old shows so you will function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan and you're listening to Boost your Brain Power. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 3: Don't miss Boost your brain Power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength. By following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience, join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero, or email info at Kaplan, brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Kaplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 1: The proceeding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.