Speaker 1: And nine.
Speaker 2: Ignition Ship five.
Speaker 1: Four three two one zero.
Speaker 3: All engine running.
Speaker 1: It's Wednesday. You know what that means. It's time for Ignition with the ae W fan hob podcast team. This is Kelson.
Speaker 4: And returning from Parts unknown. It's me, It's me, It's the vibe. That's right, Shades, the Vibe back co hosting, back to the glory days.
Speaker 1: It's not a better year. It has to bet a year since you co hosted the podcast with it.
Speaker 5: Remember when the last word?
Speaker 3: But I remember him doing it.
Speaker 5: I don't when.
Speaker 4: God, Well, it's just me and Kelson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, February or January of twenty twenty three. We started this podcast and it used to be just being you and then it grew. Oh well, I digress, Shades. What do you want to talk about first?
Speaker 4: Well, let's start with one of the pet topics du jour of the Internet wrestling community right now, and that is WWE reportedly per Fightful I believe, looking to counter program the next aw pay per view with a premium live event of their own. How do we feel about that?
Speaker 6: Petty butchery again, eddichery petty butchery on Triple Ah's part, he cannot help himself.
Speaker 1: Well, let me stop there. Let me stop you there, Jess, because you just said something that's very interesting. Is it on Triple H or is it on t KO?
Speaker 3: It's t K O think but go ahead, yess.
Speaker 6: I would I would like equal blame. I mean, I'm pretty sure Triple H isn't arguing like no, don't counter program please, no, don't stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'm sure they're not dragging them by uh the neck with one of Hangman had in page's uh chains to the arena to produce the show. Yeah, what about? Um K, what do you think about it? It's funny.
Speaker 5: Today I was on one of my wrestling pages and I saw a very funny response someone posted by the reason why they're doing this and that it's because they want Tony Kahn to steff up his game.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: I think it's just funny to me. But they're doing it, but it's not because of that, because as we all know, there ain't no party like an aw pay review party, and they're usually better than WWE, but usually I think it's strategic and they're trying to do something, but they're gonna get blown out of water because you can't. It's really hard to be an AW pay per view. I can think of a small, maybe handful that hads fallen flat, and that's within a six year period. So they're just trying to stir the pot, right, and it's working.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean I could understand that they were trying to stir the pot, but you can't plain a show on like WrestleMania Night one and Night two and then try to stir the pot based on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go aheads.
Speaker 4: So I have a perspective. Number one, I think it You know, TKO and Nick Con and Triple H can talk all they want about not seeing aw's competition, Well, they didn't see aw's competition, they wouldn't be doing this. So in that respect, it's a little bit of a acknowledgment of ae w's prominence and how they've really, for you know, forged a niche for themselves in the wrestling world. But also, I think a byproduct of what's happening here is by putting these things up head to head all the time like this, what t KO is inadvertently doing is they are polarizing the wrestling audience. So I think pretty soon you're not gonna have a lot of crossover fans between WWE and a w it's you're you're gonna either watch one or the other, and I don't know that that's necessarily a good thing. I have my own reasons that I don't watch WWE, but I think polarizing the audience is only going to lead to things like more toxicity in the wrestling, chatter in the community, and you know, it's gonna create maybe some awkward city situations between friends who work at different companies. But either way, I don't see this as a winning move for TKO long term because they're not going to take away from aw's audience. That's not going to happen.
Speaker 1: Oh they're no. I mean when you consider also that with the practices that TQO and I amn't going to say TKO not WWE, even though the booking has been kind of weird from WWE, that's that's them. That's on them. That's what they've done. That's what they always do. You know, they use pay per view events to promote the other the next pay per view event. They just did that at SummerSlam, you know, with their main event at SummerSlam. But anyway, what I'm saying here is, look, AW has already put up their posters online and announces of all of the pay per views from now until the end of the year. Correct, Yes, they've got it the right right on those posters. Do you know any did you notice anything that's consistent on all those posters except for forbidden door.
Speaker 4: To take place on Saturday because of the NFL season.
Speaker 1: I think there's one on Sunday. I think there is one on Sunday. But the one thing that I've noticed that's consistent about aw's announcement posters is they have the dates on them, but they don't have any times. No times. Why because they know Tony Kahan is sitting back in his chair drinking his coffee weirdly, and because he does drink coffee weirdly. I'm sorry to wit he holds it. I just like put that down anyway, Dery. He's expecting a counterprogramming. But see, here's the thing. WWE can't counterprogram their main roster pay per views or ples in the middle of a day. Their advertisers will not stand for it. It would take an act of God probably to get the advertisers to agree to put a ple on during the day. So if a if WWE announces a Ple for the same night as All Out on September twentieth. All AW has to do is changed is put the time as three pm when the WW when's going to start at six thirty, and AW is just going to run right into the beginning of it like it did with Saturday, the night's main event, and correct me if I'm wrong. And I don't know if this is possible, because I honestly don't watch rewatch anything on Peacock. But if you were to watch a wwepl the next day on Peacock, can you fast forward through the commercials?
Speaker 5: I I don't watch that WW so I don't know that question.
Speaker 1: Well, what I understand this is that if you can fast forward through the commercials, which I don't see why you wouldn't be able to if you have the right subscription plan anyway, because I really don't know how it works, because I get Peacock through my Internet provider for free. It's part of the package. But anyway, what I'm saying here is people are going to watch All Out like they watched All In and whatever I saw it written all over this all over the internet. I'm going to watch all Out or All In. I'm sorry, and then I'm gonna watch Saturday night's main event and and uh, well, what was it? The Great American Bash tomorrow the next day, and then they can fast forward through the commercials. That that can't make the advertisers very happy that their commercials are getting fast forward through.
Speaker 4: No, And I think the worst part of it all is so reportedly the big main event that they're going to put up against the AW Show is John Cena versus Brock Lesnar for the millionth time. And I'm like, these guys are almost fifty years old. At each of them they are like and then they're not like Christian Cage at fifty. Okay, Christian Cage is still very good, you know, serviceable in the ring. Okay, these these guys are badly functional. Is so I don't see, you know, I don't I don't know what the draw is like the nobody who, nobody who's like a big AW fan is gonna go, oh well, I've got to go see CNN Lesnar for the millionth time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I t I only agree with you, shades. Look, both Cena and Lesner are forty eight right now, and they will be forty eight on September twentieth at the as yet to be named wwepl.
Speaker 6: A.
Speaker 1: W simply just has to put their younger, more athletic, more meaningful wrestlers, and more meaningful matches at all out.
Speaker 6: Yeah and.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 6: Oh okay. I didn't want to talk over anybody. I didn't see the match myself, so this is hearsay. But just to give a little bit of a devil his due, I heard that the Cody Sina match until the ending was actually very good, Like Meltzer gave it five stars. What does it take for Meltzer to give five stars to a Sina match?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not buying it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna say this to you. I watched the Cody versus seeing a match, I believe it was it uh money in the bank, and they literally just danced around each other for most of the match. I mean they didn't touch each other.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: So I was like, okay, are we going to do a line dance or are we going to wrestle? You know? But here's the thing. When you're the other thing you have to consider is that when all out comes out, you're going to have a match card of at least probably ten matches. But the pl for WWE on that night is going to probably only have like five matches, because that's what WWE does. And when one of those matches are two forty eight, forty eight year old part timers going at it for as Shade said the billionth time, Yeah, Nick, it takes away from it, you know. And so now you've you're down the four matches. Because I agree with whoever said that. I don't think anybody is gonna be switched switching over from all In. I don't think even if the even if WWE put on the best match possible, I do not think that anybody that's watching All out is going to switch over to w W E pol E because it's kind of like what Shade says, it's neither or thing, you know. But but they're especially not gonna switch over to see a completely get for two forty eight year old part timers. Russell again, Well, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Let's let's move on to a former WWE talent who well he might be a former he might. Yeah, I'm not sure we're not getting worked, but let's talk about Killer Cross. Uh does he have a place in ae W.
Speaker 3: I don't know anymore. Yeah, to go ahead, Jess.
Speaker 6: I was going to I was fully prepared to come into this podcast advocating for him because his promos really are second to none. He's excellent on the mic, he's got a great presentation. And then my husband, bless him, asked me what is what is a Killer Cross's finisher? And I could not answer that question, and then it just pretty much changed my entire perspective, like maybe I should rethink this.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you a question, Jess and MK and Shades. If Killer Cross were to come to AW, where does he belong? Is he an upper card wrestler? Is he a mid carter? You know? Is he somebody would go after the AW World Championship or TT Championship or the trios or god forbid the FTW if they ever bring it back.
Speaker 5: Uh, I think it needs to go with start out as a tag team in the working way way up.
Speaker 3: If he comes. I haven't seen him wrestling a long time.
Speaker 5: I just think he has a great persona and maybe putting him with someone who's a little on a darker side, not the uh you know, uh that's probably sounded weird, but uh, just someone who he can match his energy and cover for his wrestling skills.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: With a name like Killer Cross, you're not gonna put him with uh, you know, Orange Cassidy. You know that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 5: Garrison, No, but uh.
Speaker 1: Are people who are.
Speaker 3: Here's Chris Garrison.
Speaker 5: But uh, you know, I just I don't know enough about his wrestling skills anymore. I haven't I don't pay attention.
Speaker 1: To w W.
Speaker 5: I guess I should go look him up. I'm gonna fight for him a little bit. But if we pass on them, oh well we're stacked anyway. But I wouldn't mind if we're gonna reever rebuild a Ring of Honor to put him on there.
Speaker 3: But I don't know what the plan for that is.
Speaker 1: I had not thought about that. That is a really good point, you know. To be honest with you, I'm gonna say this. You know, if any of these x WU guys and women want to come into uh the be all elite, put them in ring of honor, make them earn it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, I mean not.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm not talking about everybody. I'm talking about people that you would get. I don't want to disrespect them, but say you're they're not gonna get main card money. You know I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: You're not going to get the Adam Copeland treatment. Is that what you're telling you?
Speaker 1: I mean, you're not gonna get paid like all this money like Mercedes Monet, you know, and stuff like that. You're you're gonna get, you know, Bargaet basement. You know, you just got fired. We're gonna hire you and give you a shot money and if you do well, then we'll renegotiate kind of money. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: That's actually an idea.
Speaker 4: Here's what I think Killer Cross needs to do. I don't know if AAW is the best spot for him right now because it's a very loaded roster. And conversely, I don't know the Ring of Honor is going to be great for his career. What I would do if I were kill Across as I would go on bended knee back to New Japan Pro Wrestling, beg for another shot, because I guess he food bard his last one the time he was there. If he could get in with New Japan and do like a one to two year run there, I think they would be receptive to his gimmick. And secondly, it would give him the opportunity to wrestle on an aw show at a forbidden door pay per view, And I think that would be a good gateway, just kind of like Osprey, but to a lesser degree, that would be a good in with the AWR audience. It's like, Oh, this guy's tearing up New Japan, just like all these other guys who tore up New Japan, like Zach Saber Junior, like you know, Jay Whye, like Osprey, you know, and so, but I don't I don't want to say if he came in to AW right now, his ceiling, his absolute ceiling for me, would be the T and T title, agreed like, and so I think he could do better than that potentially. But all of this might really not matter because again I'm not sure he's actually not on the roster for WWEY right now, but it's a talking point people are kind of I did see a post from Tom Green, not that Tom Green, but the one who does wrestling videos. Yeah, and he said, uh, he basically to the extent of what if this is all just some sort of social experiment, like what if there's what if the rest name Killer Cross doesn't even exist and we're just like trying to Will him into being and it's kind of like it's like Killer Cross. Yeah, wait, who's Killer Cross again? Like you know, it's there's about there.
Speaker 5: You But are you gonna waste the work on Killer Cross? I mean, our truth is loved by everybody. Are you gonna waste the work on someone who?
Speaker 4: Well, I will say this for him. He does have a lot of grassroots support among the WWB fan base. That is true. That is a lot.
Speaker 1: That is very true. Although I did read a report shade that I think it was on Twitter or x if you want to call it, call it that. I just can't. I have a target hard time with that. But anyway, I did read where there wasn't any we want Cross chance at RAW on Monday night.
Speaker 6: I did hear they were confiscating signs though I.
Speaker 1: Did hear that too, So that's interesting.
Speaker 4: Well, let's let's move on to some wrestlers who were actually on the a W roster. Hell yeah, let's talk about let's go to the very top of the card. We've got uh AW World Champion I'm sorry AW Men's World Champion, Hangman, Adam Paige and CMLL World Champion m jf on a collision course. What do you guys think AW needs to do to really push this feud forward into something we haven't seen before.
Speaker 6: I know, I've been thinking about this since I saw that saw it was going to be a topic on today's show. What I think is they really need need to lean into the simple fact that Hangman Page and MGF are two of the most complex characters on the roster. I think like deep emotional storytelling has pretty much made Hangman Page. That's his bread and butter, alongside with being a kick ass wrestler. But he is totally such a masterful story that it's gotten everyone behind him despite burning someone's house down, and they and if they just lean into that, like keep like they've already got like the bedrock of a great story that they started telling a couple months ago with hangm in well, yeah, with Hangman being forgiven by the fans and MGF actually being jealous because deep down he wants loved by the fans too, but they won't let it give him a pass on anything. Just yeah, go with that. I'm really excited to see what they do.
Speaker 3: With Okay, yeah, I can see that.
Speaker 1: Have they announced for sure MJF versus Hangman Antam Paige for Forbidden Door. I don't think they have yet, have they No, I don't think they have. Do you think that they should do that match Afterbidden Door?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: I don't either.
Speaker 4: No, I don't either.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 6: I was just gonna say I think that's an all out thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really do.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Kelson, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: No, I was just gonna say, as Shade said, MGF is the CMLL World Men's World Champion. It's actually the lightweight champion because I don't think CMO has heavyweights, so her world championship is literally called the World Lightweight Championship. He's defending that championship Friday night in Arena Mexico against Zendikin Junior. And I don't know if you saw the graphic for the card for that shoe, but it's it's hysterical. I'm sorry, but CMOL needs to get somebody that I don't know if they were trolling or what, because MJF on the graphics is a full body picture of m JFF and Xandikin Jr. On the graphic on the match card, and MGF looks like your typical bored Jewish American. I just do not know a better way to put it. I'm sorry if it offended somebody, but it is hysterical and Xandikin looks like his head was chopped off, moved to his right shoulder and pasted back on. It's hysterical.
Speaker 4: I've just I've just posted it in the chat.
Speaker 3: I had a look it.
Speaker 1: I tell me, tell me what I'm telling lies.
Speaker 4: I mean, come on, it looks like an AI version of m JF. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's the prompt post a w former aw World champion MGF looking pissed off and board at the same time, and then post uh the challenger Zendikin Jr. Deformed. This is awful because look, you know, people have been saying that it's gonna maybe be even MGF and Mystico at Forbidden Door. I don't even think that's gonna happen, because Arena Mexico was having their ninety second anniversary show after Forbidden Door, like a week or ten days after that. I think that's where that's gotta happen, because.
Speaker 4: NJF cannot drop that belt to anyone else but Mystico, and he can't drop it anywhere else but Arena Mexico.
Speaker 1: I agree. I agree with you. If go ahead, what if.
Speaker 5: Hangman beat MJF for that belt because CNLL loved Hangman and wanted to do some programs with him, and and there after that big Arena show, they loved him.
Speaker 3: So what if he took that belt.
Speaker 5: From him and made him look, you know, and then added that little spice, and then he could be a double champ. I don't mind him being a double champ because it won't be because CML doesn't do that many shows, but just use that spice a little bit to piss off MJF.
Speaker 4: And I think you would torpedo that the the MJF Mystico program if you did that, because that thing is really.
Speaker 5: In my opinion, I don't want to say we've already seen it.
Speaker 6: But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know, one thing that they can do is have the Mystico and MGF match at the ninety second anniversary show of CMLL and then run it back a rematch at the next aw pay per view, where again Mystico will win how Misco win. Tutor. Look, you can say as much as you want about the character of MGF, but I think one thing that he has proven beyond the shadow of a doubt as he is a professional and he puts people over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, but you can't get over more than that entrance theme let alone. Uh, Mostiko himself, he's an amazing wrestler and he deserves to be put over.
Speaker 3: I wish he would do more stuff in AW.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean just chime in. So as far as MJF and Hangman go, I think the important thing will be not to rush things because you are talking about and I hate to use this example because we talked about WW so much, but you're basically talking about the Sena and Orton of this generation of AW. This is gonna This has the potential to be an ongoing, pretty much forever rivalry between two of the freaking cornerstones of AW. And that's what you want. You want that you want. You want these these these major characters who have historical significance to the company, to have this tension and to have these stories with each other. So that's why I agree they shouldn't meet it forbidden door. Maybe they shouldn't even meet it all out. I don't know, but all I know is I just don't want to see him rush it. And I think that's probably my best advice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that there's something that's going to be a long term thing. I really do think that mister Cohen MGF is more interesting than MGF hang Manana page right now. I really do, because it's got the story behind it. They've not only done this in Mexico, they've done it in the United States, and they've done it in different promotions. So, by the way, I missed moder earlier, I just want to correct myself before I totally forget At Buddy of the Bank, it was Cody Rhodes against Randy Orton, not John Cena, where I spoke earlier about it and they danced around and didn't really touch each other. I just want to make that correct. Go ahead, Shades Well, I was.
Speaker 4: Just saying, I really I think my respect level for MJF has gone up with the way that he is willing to go to CMLLL shows, to go to like MLW shows, to go to these smaller promotions to further these storylines on the grand scheme of things like would you would you do you do you see any other? Do you see WWE talent going to you know an MLW show for an angle? No an angle no, and so I really I think you know a lot of the things that AW is doing, like and I'll talk about Mercedes Monet also, it's going to these bringing like recognition and a little bit of notoriety to these other promotions and maybe you would never even have thought about. I'm like, oh, that's a there's a there's a Polish indie. Oh my gosh, you know all Mercedes Monet is their champion now, like and so you know, speaking of Mercedes Monette and women's wrestlers, I think that's a good way to dovetail into our next topic, which could get a little spicy. I know I have a not obvious answer for this, but I'll start. I'll throw it out to you guys first, who so far is the best women's wrestler of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: I have a one that may be a little underrated, but I'll let somebody else go ahead. They want to, oh, go ahead, I'm gonna say Megan Vain. She's not a champion, but she's acting like one. She puts on great matches, she's done great with Penelope Forward, and she looks like a freaking star. I'm waiting to see what pulled out of her more than just tagging with the penelope forward.
Speaker 3: So that's my.
Speaker 1: Choice, that's your choice. Yeah, any you have like a secondary, like more mainstream chorice, like a choice that would be more expected, more expected, Yeah, you know, like the names like that at the top of the cards, of the top of the top tiers, and the different promotions.
Speaker 5: A very good promo, and she's a very good wrestler. Okay, she's doing her thing Ring of Honor, but I want to see her eventually get away.
Speaker 3: From Ring of Honor.
Speaker 6: I think I'm going to have to go with maybe this is the obvious choice, but Tony Storm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a pretty good choice. I think that's a I think that's a safe choice. Is there any particular reason, Jess though, why you're gonna say why you're saying Tony.
Speaker 6: Storm, Well, not only is she talented in the ring, she took a gimmick. And I think I mentioned this like last week of the week before. I don't know if anybody could have possibly gotten or expected this gimmick to get as much mileage as she has with it. Like at this point, I can't really imagine her doing anything else, like, oh, she's an old tiny alm star that's gonna last like a couple of months. No, she's amazing at it. It's great, she's entertaining, she's engaging.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think. I don't think you're to get any arguments about that.
Speaker 3: Believe me a little bit.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: What about you, Kelson? Who's your best women's wrestler.
Speaker 1: For twenty twenty five? She actually, as I'm saying this, two days ago, she lost her first singles match in over a year. But I'm going to say Saya Kamatani. I do believe that she has a couple of things working for her that other wrestlers do not. Number one is that her presentation is just fantastic and she's a great wrestler on top of that. But more importantly, she's the hardest working wrestler I've I mean, I think since I believe she's wrestled well over fifty matches this year, no other wrestler in Megan Baye Tony Storm have even come close to that. So I appreciate the work rate and every one of her matches is great. And if you haven't seen it, I believe, start and put it up on their YouTube channel. From April twenty seventh. I believe it was the career versus career match, Saya Kamatani versus tam Nakano. You talk about a perfect match, from the entrances to the match itself to the ending. It was the main event of the pay per view. The way to pay per view ended was stunning. Go watch it.
Speaker 4: What about you, Shades, Well, I'm gonna come out of left field a little bit, but maybe not quite so far out of left field. For my money, the best women's or so far this year it's Techla because she has made an immediate impact in aw she I'm gonna tell you, I get on Blue Sky, I get on social media, people are posting about here, They're doing artwork about her. Techla has connected with this audience in a way that few, certainly few women coming in from outside have And I think she has the potential to go as far as they want to take her. And if she were the one to beat Tony Storm, I wouldn't shed a tear at all. I think I think the sky is the limit for Tecla. Now, I don't think she'll be the one to do that, but you know they I think Julia and sky Blue being with her is great, but ultimately, Tecla is the star like she's she is the hot you know, the hot stuff in the women's division right now, and I don't think that's going to change anytime soon.
Speaker 1: Page did you? Did you watch Tecla before she came to AW No?
Speaker 4: I hadn't. That's why. That's why I'm saying Techla now because her arrival and the way that she's been presented and the way that she's sort of just taken this division by the Horns makes me think, Man, I need to go back and watch Techla stuff. I need to go see more of her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, watch her last match and I do believe it's also on YouTube. Techla's match. Last match. Oh, I can't remember who was against was against somebody in Consonant Cosmic Angels. I can't remember who it was, so you curs. I can't remember. But anyway, that was a big stipulation match aades. It was really entertaining watch her battles with NAT's a ploy star, like I mean, she's Techla in in Ardam was her, she was the toxic Spider. But when she came back to stardom in early twenty twenty four. She presented herself as the idol killer and her goal was to basically destroy all these girls, which is using her words here, these girls with the cute, little, fake little voices that tried to make all the perverts like them. That was her goal and that's what she went after and that's what she did. And of course she ended up getting into a battle with Tero Ocatta, who's the president, that's Startom's Tony Kahan, and kicked the shit out of him and got herself fired, and that's how she ended up in aw. I mean, it's a really interesting story. The only thing about you will find difficult on shades is when you watch Tekla in stardom. She was clearly not a top star and start she was a mid carter and so she went out on her back put it that way. So, yeah, she was not and and do yourself a favor watch her promos because that's where she really shined because she did them in English. And she is one of the most foul mouth human beings I've ever heard of my life. They nobody, there is no way that that's one of the things that you know, look at all these startup girls are very cute and adorable and stuff. But they are foul mouthed. I mean they get away with more bad language by far than WWE and AW ever did combine w WCW two. I mean, there was one basically press conference. I've talked about it before. Look it up. It's Tecla and NAT's a poy where they just stood in front of each other and said f you to each other over and over again. That was it. That was the whole promo. So they just stood there face to face and just said f you for about forty five seconds back and forth to each other. That was it. And Juliet Carrie saying we're in the background just like squirming was It was great. Yeah, but tech, that's an interesting choice. Anybody else have other you know, other people they want to bring up, is like maybe uh secondary, you know, people that should have recognition and could possibly be like anybody.
Speaker 6: Well, once upon a time, my choice would have been, like, I mean, I haven't seen her work lately because I don't watch WWE pretty much at all anymore, but I would have said, Oscar, once upon a time I loved her, I still do.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, you know what when you look at the uh Greatness of Wrestling Subreddit, it's very very clear that the favorite of at least to me, it's clear that the favorite to get the Greatest Wrestling Subreddit on w w e's roster is EO Sky as far as the best women's wrestler on the on their roster. So what about Mercedes Monette? How do you rank her in that in this conversation? Did she there's top five? You know? But you know, it's difficult to talk about Starry because I'm a big starting fan. But whenever you have this conversation, and we had this conversation at the great Nest Wrestling Subreddit, and people agreed that Saya Kamatani is tops. But if there's one wrestler that could possibly topple her, it would be Sire. And that's somebody else that you should look into Shades if you're if you want to get into UH to just start him, look up Seria and Saya Kamatani and Starlight. But they have phenomenal wrestlers in And I forget who it was, but there was somebody at our discord that said, oh no, it was somebody who was a moderator at the Greatness Arrestling subreddit that was talking Max. He used to talk, you know, used to podcast with us here every once in a while. He's really gotten in the start and he's totally addicted. He's like, you, you know these girls can go and they can't. So what do we want to talk about next? You know what this was? MK? You know, I'll let MK announce this next one because this one was actually his idea. So and he's start bringing this up a few times, So go ahead, MK.
Speaker 5: I have look, I think they I think AW has been around long enough and a lot of people AW is gaining speed. A lot of ww ants are tired of the product and they want to catch up. Well, there's no way to catch up unless you go through long when did you know? You catch up through all the old stuff? And pay per views are on there and that's great, but people don't want to take that time. WW knows something right with videos or they used to. I haven't watched it a long time, but they need to do some type of documentary or something that basically shows what they've been through, who started and stuff like that. I know you can't have Cody Roads in there anymore, but you could have them talk about the Greatest Matches and stuff like that and show you show quick clips or or something for people to get a feel of what aw is.
Speaker 2: In a nutshell, they are, I, well, it's not a documentary, but I coming out this sometimes fall I know because I just looked at it today, because I'm.
Speaker 6: Planning on pre ordering it. Is this book is All Elite, which is a book, and I'm sure they'll have it audiobook form as well.
Speaker 4: I think a good thing. What my suggestion would be, I think they should take some of their major stories and sort of condense them and do YouTube videos. Like you could have the story of Hangman Page and swer of Strickland and have it be sort of a documentary style YouTube video, and or the story of MJF and Adam Cole, or the story of the Elite, and you know what I'm saying, take these sort of really formational stories, right, Sorry, go ahead, but just do a separate video for each of them so people can be like, oh, I want to know why you know, people that there's all this like stuff between Hayman and Swerve. Oh, I can go watch and see how this all happened. Right, So people can sort of pick and choose what they're into you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well you know shades. It's interesting you said that because you know there is a video about this timeline, the entire timeline of Hangman Adam Pagents. We're strictly and the only problem is that this is where your point is excellent is that it's not condensed. It's the full thing. So you're looking at like what three three and a half hours or something like that. I've seen videos today aw done on YouTube. Then you pretty much got to take a day off to watch.
Speaker 4: See. What I would do is I would take some highlights from it, and I always have somebody like Excalibur and Taz and Tony about his shit, sit down and do you like these interviews and have them interject and it's like they'll there'll be a thing and then Excalibur will say, you know, we couldn't believe what we were seeing when he was house.
Speaker 1: I love that idea. I love it.
Speaker 5: There used to be a guy on YouTube if I remember if as like Tranquilo Club or something like that.
Speaker 3: Who.
Speaker 5: Who did video like short maybe ten to fifteen minute videos of stuff like that connecting thing and stuff like that, and.
Speaker 3: He did a great job.
Speaker 5: But if you have to Shake's point, if you had some like Jim Ross, who's great at M reviewing and he's losing a step in commentary, he could tell a story because he's been there almost from day one, I believe, And.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, just have him interject some comments like these are two men who despised each other, like and just you know, these little outside sort of comments to sort of and.
Speaker 1: Then show a video showing why they despised each other exactly, instead of showing an entire match and entire promos, you don't, you can do cliff notes versions. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 4: And then if people want to watch the whole match, they can, you know, they can get on Max and they can go back to that pay per view and they can watch the whole match.
Speaker 1: Put a link on the video saying this is where you can go watch this match. This is where you can go watch that match. Why not it's online.
Speaker 4: It also would drive people to Max, which would up your subscriber. I'd say, I knew. Somebody comes in and they watch a condensed Hangman versus Swerve timeline and then like, man, I've got to see that Texas Death match. And so then they get Max. They go subscribe so they can go watch that pay per view where they had their Texas death match. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I like the idea of the Cliff does think because most people are into instant gratification, they don't want to spend four hours watching something that they can watch in three and a half minutes. Makes sense.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess we'll open it up for potpourri. Now, anybody have anything they want to throw into the box?
Speaker 1: Anyone? Not this time? Not this time? Well I will go if you know. I brought this up earlier. But look a w when they do their pay per views, basically the only advertisement that they have is DraftKings. Am I right? Or am I wrong? I mean they have a DraftKings commercial on every pay per view that takes about thirty five seconds, you know, and that's about it. And that's it, you know. But afterward, after they do the pay per view, what they're doing the media scrum, why not put whatever Tony Khan is drinking, whether it's Starbucks, Tim Horton's Dunkin Donuts or you know, Jack Daniels. I don't know what the hell he has in that cup, but he presents it like it's if you look at it. He holds the cup in the same way every time, like it's got a brand on it. Can you imagine how much money that AW could probably make just on branding on Tony Khan's coffee cup or whatever he's drinking.
Speaker 4: I think one of the things that works against AW is because they are so violent, and because they have such graphic matches. Sometimes I think it probably makes some sponsors inert, like queasy to be associated with it. I'll just be very honest with you.
Speaker 1: Jack Daniels. Put Jack Daniels on it. They can't complain.
Speaker 4: There you go, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: He could be drinking coffee. They don't have to know, Jack Daniels.
Speaker 6: It's for the sickos.
Speaker 1: You've never seen Tony Kahan without a cap. He just did a He just did an interview for My Mom's Basement that was like an hour long, and he held that freaking cup the entire video. I watched the whole damn thing. I was like, put the sucker down. He was holding it up, and he's not just holding it in his hand, He's holding it up like at chin level. Who does that? Well, Tony Kahn, He's a walking billboard with nothing on it.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: I'll uh, I'll just bring up something really quick. Today or Tuesday, when we're recording this, the news broke that at AW has re signed Daddy Magic Matt Minard to a long term deal. And I cannot tell you how good I think that is. Because Matt Minard, He's never gonna be a main event wrestler, he's never gonna hold a title, but he is a guy you can plug into so many different spots. He can work in the ring, he could be a manager, he can do commentary, he can do backstage segments, he's on commercials. Like this is a guy that no matter where you put him, he gives maximum effort and the fans like him. And I think you, honestly, I'm gonna bring a comparison. Daddy Magic could be like the ur truth of ww or AW, like he can buy you know, and like he's just a guy that like you don't want too much of him, but you bring him out every once in a while and you let him do his thing, or you put him backstage and let him talk to people, or you let him manage Daniel Garcia and people eat it up. I think I am. I could not be happier that he is staying with aw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my nipples are hard. I don't know about anybody else's, but I will say this shades if they use him on commentary. He's great on commentary, except for when he's doing a Daniel Garcia match because I agree. Look, he should come out to the to the announcer's table wearing one Julia Hart's old cheerleader outfits because that's all he does. Come on, Danny, Come on, Danny, my nipples are hard. Come on, Danny. You know that's all he does is is cheer on. Danny doesn't really do commentary, and it great. I'm not gonna lie to he. It greats on me. It does.
Speaker 6: Is ianje ever coming back? I know he cool hand and his partner.
Speaker 1: He actually did return for a brief period of time. I know that Ruby Soho is training, and I think because she's training, maybe Angelo Parker is maybe doing some baby watching. I'm dad duty, but I believe Angela Parker has had a couple of matches in the last couple of months.
Speaker 6: Oh very cool. I like him too.
Speaker 3: I like him a little satty magic, but that's just me.
Speaker 4: I would love to see two point oh get a run. I'm not. I'm not even joking, like even if it's just ring of honor, Like I think number one, their theme song is so damn good and also like they're just like I think there's there's just untapped potential there. But I mean, obviously I don't think they're gonna be like going against the Hurt Syndicate or anything like.
Speaker 1: That, right but right, Look, I posted the the Matt Monard re signing a long term deal on the aw fan hub sabreddit, and I was shocked at the responses. I really didn't think. I didn't think there would be negative responses, but we got a lot of responses to that, and people were like, we're picked fans at two point oh. We like Matt Man. I didn't think that he was as well liked as he actually is, so that was kind of surprising to me.
Speaker 4: I think he throws all of himself into his Daddy Magic character, and people appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Boy, he certainly does. I mean, he's a very uh uh you know, you know, you cut diamonds with those things, and it is me he gives.
Speaker 4: You sometimes all you got to do sometimes that you gotta do is just be willing to commit to the bit and and you can get over.
Speaker 1: So yeah, anybody else with a pot pourri, I guess I have something worth mentioning.
Speaker 6: Okay, I may be late to the party here. It's new to me because it just came across my feed today at work. Adam Blomcia it has his own channel now, after pretty much getting blacklisted from every other wrestling news channel, he just like decided to make his own with Blackjack and Hookers.
Speaker 4: I guess I don't know who that is, Oh my god, Adam Blompier. Okay. So Adam Blompier started with What Culture, okay, and he and all those like some of the original sort of him and Adam Pacitti and you know, couple of King Ross and a couple of other guys. They all left and started Cult to Hollic. Well, shortly after they started Cult to Hollic, it came out that Adam Blompier was soliciting nudes from like fans, and so he got fired from Cult to Hollick. And he stayed gone for a little while, and then he came back. Who was he doing it with, Jess? I think it was wrestle Talk that's right. And I don't know why did he get the boot from Wrestle Talk.
Speaker 6: I think something of a similar nature came up, Honestly, I can't. It was a while ago. I can't remember the details that I'm pretty sure it was another thing involving, you know, creeping on a.
Speaker 1: Girl goes it's like the bits man of broadcasters.
Speaker 4: No, it's yeah, he has this sort of accusation levied against him. So I'm trying to not I don't want to dwell too long on it. But the sad thing is, I kind of he's entertaining, but like, I don't want to continue. I don't want to give him views if he's going to be like using whatever status he gets to try to like creep on women, you know, especially I mean, I don't know if any of these accusations were involved underage women, but like girls, I guess let's just call him with their underage girls. But uh, you know, there's always that possibility. But so Adam Blancier back in, I guess you just can't. You just can't get rid of some people. They're like cockroaches.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, well we'll speaking of accusations, Joey Ryan tried to get back and wrestling, and he got booted quickly, so oh god, that was fast.
Speaker 4: They actually started another promotion started. Uh, they were going to run a show the same night called f JR for f Joey Ryan basically, and uh, I almost wish they hadn't pulled him from the show, just because I think the f JR show would have been so much more well attended than his show. And I would have loved to have seen that.
Speaker 1: It's weird. It's just weird.
Speaker 4: I meant, making his return and we've got Joey Ryan. I'm just waiting for Marty Scroll to come out of the would work at some point.
Speaker 1: I look at it. I mean, look when the brock Westerner came out, I mean iheard ww fans were, you know, very vocal in their disappointment. They really were. And it wasn't because he's old and that he's a part timer. It's because it's embarrassing now to somebody that's created you know, you know, I agree, it's it's getting hard to watch w W E A. To MJ's point when he was talking about AW making documentaries or documentary documentary or documentaries to help new fans, I'm seeing it all over the internet where hey, I'm a WW fan and I want to get into AW. What can I do exactly?
Speaker 4: You know, multiple posts on Reddit, I've seen multiple social media posts to that effect. So I think AW needs to really think about what they can do to capitalize on this and this sentiment right now, because the iron is hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean when you look at it, last week got all nearly one hundred thousand more viewers than the week before. It was the second highest total this this year. Sure it's not. And we're only talking about TV, not Max included. And I don't want to get into the MAX thing because people they a while ago back at I think it was February, maybe it was early March, they came out that and said that the average viewer viewership on MAX is about five hundred k, give or take all. Right, well, keep in mind that that was five hundred k. That's great, But you can't just say, oh, AW did seven hundred on TV at five hundred k to that they did one point two million. That is not how it works. That is not Sometimes it will go up, sometimes it will go down. But you can't just add a number that you made up in your head or go in February twenty twenty five and apply it for August twenty twenty five. That is not how it works.
Speaker 4: No, but I think it probably is reasonable to conclude that between cable and streaming, AW probably hovers somewhere between eight hundred and fifty to nine hundred thousand every week. I would say that's probably a reasonable conservative number.
Speaker 1: You know, I think you're right, and I think that I you know, I respect that decision. I mean that I respect that number that you said. But you said I think it's reasonable. You didn't say I know it is. There are people that say, I know that they made they got one point too, because they get seven hundred thousand on TV and they automatically add the five hundred k for Max. That's not all.
Speaker 4: Everyone's suddenly an expert on you know, television ratings and everything you know on the internet.
Speaker 1: So everybody's a meltzer.
Speaker 4: Well, now that we've really covered everything, I think that's about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we'll be back tomorrow night after Dynamite, right after Dynamite in the AET channel on Discord for our AW Dynamite review. Also make sure you do the live chat with us on the AW fan hubsub reddit had on the wrestling Hub discord. The links will be in the description of this podcast. Thank you guys for coming.
Speaker 4: This is Kelson and this just shades the vibe. Good night Eddie Kingston. Please shave your beard.
Speaker 1: Got that beard? Oh my god, I just see Chicken. I don't know why I see Chicken just stuck to his beard all the time in my mind. Uh yeah, good night everybody.