Speaker 1: Some health insurance providers in Ireland waste your time, leaving you waiting to be seen by a doctor at Level Health. We're fed up with all the waiting around. It's about time you had twenty four to seven instant access to doctors. Level Health. It's about time twenty four to seven instant access to doctors included on Plans A to E insurance provided by Aviva Insurance Ireland Dark Level Health Ireland Limited, trading as Level Health, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Speaker 2: Joining us right now is the great legal scholar Alan Dershowitz and Professor Dershowitz. I have to play you this sound from Zorn Mamdannie on Thursday night, just hours after he celebrated the Knicks victory. While he's still wearing a Next jersey under his jacket. He has this to say, and it sounds like it's right out of Der Schermer in nineteen thirty eight.
Speaker 3: Listen to this.
Speaker 4: Alan ways with misleading.
Speaker 5: And bad faith attacks about Claire, Brad and Darry those who would rather spend far more on political contributions than they would ever be made to paying taxes, an apac for whom the only thing more frightening than democracy being allowed to run its course is an Ado genocide Netnahu's.
Speaker 2: Wars, and before that, Professor Deshowitzi referred to them as monsters. Josh Gottheimer the only democrat I think right now who is an elected Democrat who was castigated Zorroon Mamdani for this old blood libel stuff. I mean, this is even for Mom Donni. This was a step further than he's done before, well, a.
Speaker 3: Steparate he has done before publicly, but privately, he probably espouses all the Gerbels des Sturma anti Semitic tropes that we've heard about for so many years. Remember, APEC is not an Israeli organization. It is an American organization comprised largely of American Jews who are citizens of this country. And he's calling them monsters. He's not calling Israelis monsters. That would be bad enough. He's calling his fellow American citizens monsters. Look, Mamdani is a urulent anti Semite Jew hater and a man who gets twenty thirty percent of the Jewish vote, who has people like Brad Lander, who's a self hating Jew hater, and who he endorses against Goldman, who's a moderate centrist sometimes critical of Israel Democratic politician. Mamdani is a nineteen thirty two Nazi Clhone. Remember in thirty two, the Nazis weren't calling for the death of Jews. They were just saying, maybe there are too many Jews here and too many Jews there, too much influence, too much power, and so what we're hearing is a similar approach from Mandami to what Nazis were saying in nineteen thirty two. Mandami is one of the most dangerous people in America today because he has a following. As I've always said, if Hitler ever came to America, he wouldn't be you know, have that mustache. He wouldn't be a German. He'd be an American guy who who people like. And Mandami is, you know, somewhat charming. And what I said when he got elected is people were afraid he would ruin New York City. My great fear was he would not ruin New York City, that he would do a good job in helping the economy of Europe the way Hitler did in nineteen thirty two. Hitler helped Germany between nineteen thirty two and nineteen thirty four. And only after he then got a lot of people on his side because he was good for the economy did he then begin to really focus on the anti Jewish laws, ultimately leading to Crystal Knochen and to the Holocaust.
Speaker 2: Well, have good news for you. I think he hasn't helped the economy here in New York. As for Ernando, Mateo is with us. He's been very hostile to the business owners. I mean, thank goodness for that, right, I mean, I mean, I'm not really thanking him for that.
Speaker 3: But don't worry re elected today. If he were running again today, he would be re elected. His true colors have not shown, just like Hitler's true callers did not shine. And so what I worry about is that he is. You know, the other day, his true colors came out when he called Apex an American Jewish organization monsters. So but his true colors rarely come out. He charmed Donald Trump in the White House. I mean, he has this ability to charm people, just the way Hitler charmed Chamberlain. Hitler charmed Joseph Kennedy. Hitler charmed so many people, And I'm afraid Mandami has that same talent, which makes him even more dangerous.
Speaker 4: Well, let's go to professor, to John katsteinis, let's go to the bigger problem. And it all started with John Solomon this morning. And Jake, you're you know, you know that, your your statistics and you know everything. And the problem with Democratic Party started in two thousand and eight when President Obama became president. The Democratic Party has gone from eighty percent under Bill Clinton, etc. From eighty percent loving America down to twenty nine percent. What the heck is going on?
Speaker 3: I agree with you. Look, I sell for Obama. He was my student. I knew him when he was at Harvard. He's charming. I liked him. I voted him the first time. He invited me to the Oval office. Repeatedly he invited me to the dinner in which he gave the former president of Israel, Shriman Perez the Middle of Freedom. You know all of that. And then came his second term and his true colors came out. He called the hotel the Western Wall, which is like the Vatican, like you know, the Mormon Center, the holiest place of Judaism. He called it illegally occupied territory and did some terrible terrible things in his last days. But I agree with you. I think he was the beginning of the end. Look. I wrote a column the other day in which I Joe Biden may have been the last pro Israel Democratic candidate in American history. The Democratic Party has become a vicious anti Israel party, with exceptions, as you say, Gottheimer and a Fetterman and a few others, but even the moderates, the Josh Shapiros, the others are turning against Israel in a lot of different ways because today it's good politics to be anti Israel. And I think you're absolutely right. I think Obama is the one who caused that change. Clinton was really the last strongly pro Israel president, and he still says, most recently that the Palestinians deserve what they've gotten. They could have had a state nineteen in two thousand and two thousand and one, they were offered ninety six percent of the West Bank, the entire Gaza strip, and four percent of what is now Israel, and they turned it down. And as Clinton said, you don't get that offer again once you've turned it down. And so what happened after that is they turned to violence. They turned to Lyon. But they have mastered public relations and they have become the most dominant force on college campuses today. Today, anti Israel, pro Palestinianism is the dominant force on college and university campuses now.
Speaker 4: It all happened in two thousand and eight when President Obama became president and the next thing he did, I mean, he went from we were talking about it. He went from a community organizer, the state senator to the United States senator to president in two and a half three years. Cannot really happen, or where's that help? Where's the help behind the scenes. I just I'm only asking, not your professional opinion, your gut feeling.
Speaker 3: My gut feeling is you're absolutely right that Obama was the beginning of the end for support for Israel among Democrats. And now he's become an architect building his museum.
Speaker 4: Did somebody create did somebody if you know him that long of a period of time, Yeah, did somebody create Barack Obama?
Speaker 3: Who knows? Who knows? Remember the same thing was happening all over Europe. People were moving away from Israel. Spain has become one of the worst anti Israel places. Look, I was watching soaka yesterday, I had to decide whether to root for Iran or Belgium. That would be easy. I couldn't root for Belgium. Belgium has become a viciously anti Semitic place. They now want to ban Kosia slaughter, they want to ban circumcision of Jewish children. You know, they have become a vicious anti Semitic. Europe is turning into what it was in the nineteen thirties. And that's why Israel must maintain its own strength, its own independence. You know, we who support Israel and America should be trying our best within the Republican Party to keep the Republican Party strong for Israel. And you know there's a problem there too with Tucker Carlson, but it's very important. But Israel has to maintain its own independence militarily and in every way, because it can't count on the support of third countries, of other countries. It's just not true. It can't count on the kindness of strangers. Jews made that mistake early on in their history by counting on others. And then they built Israel and they have the strongest navy, the strongest army, the strongest nuclear program. They don't admit the nuclear program, but they have it and they have to defend themselves, and they're doing a great job. But they shouldn't compromise their security to please anybody in the Democrat or Republican party.
Speaker 6: Judge Alan, good to talk to you. I'll tell you there's another trend that concerns me greatly, and that's the trend of the left wing Democrats. They call it court reform. Fundamentally, what they want to do is they want to pack the Supreme Court of the United States.
Speaker 3: By that, they don't deny that, they say they want to pack. They want four justices shortly as soon as they get elected to office, and they will shift the majority they want. And what's the danger.
Speaker 6: Please please explain to our listeners why are such a dangerous phenomena if they politicize the Supreme Court.
Speaker 3: That way, Because then the next people who'll come in will add four more justices and then we'll at four more justices and you'll have to move the Supreme Court to Metz Stadium. You know, there's no end to this. If anybody can add justices for political, partisan purposes, then the Supreme Court ceases to be a political becomes a legislative body, it becomes a legislative body. And by the way, before I forget, I got a lovely picture this morning of Sid with the President Herzog of Israel together and you know both, and I heard suck and said, are good friends of mine. So I was thrilled, and I posted the picture, and I know Sid it's having a great time. I spoke to him the other day, and I'm hoping he's having an influence in Israel because people there respect him and listen to him. You know, the person who's lost a lot of respect in Israel, unfortunately recently, has been Donald Trump because in dvance, because there's a fear among some that their interests in protecting Israel have diminished. I hope that's not true. I still think we have a chance of making the deal better than it is in the MoU. The MoU itself is very vague and very ambiguous. But if the deal itself is a lot stronger, it could end up being better than the Obama deal. If it ends up being no better than the Obama deal, then you know, it's a big loss and a great danger. And by the way, Israel should not accept orders from the United States to leave Lebanon. Absolutely, Lebanon if Lebanon's if Hasbola stops firing. But you know, even Vice President Advance when he condemned Israel for firing on Hesbilah, he forgot to mention that Hesbilah has been firing on Israel and keeping people out of their homes, out of their schools, out of their hospitals. Basically, Hesbala's occupied the north of Israel. You can occupy a country without sending troops. If you send drones and rockets and make everybody leave their homes, that's a form of occupation. So you know, Hesbela is occupying part of Israel, and Israel is occupying part of Hesbellah militarily, that's a standoff, and there's nothing wrong with Israel maintaining security control over the areas from which the drones are sent. That's typical military action, and that's exactly what the United States would do in the comparable situation.
Speaker 4: Professor, you're one hundred and ten percent. Israel has to do what's good for Israel, and I agree about Lebanon. You cannot allow those terrorists to be in Lebanon. It's not good for the Lebanese people. It's not good for the Israeli people. The United States. Ronald Trump has to do what's best for the United States of America, and what's best for the United States of America right now is to make sure that November goes in the right direction. Otherwise the whole world loses.
Speaker 3: Look, the United States and Israel have so much in common. I have a book coming out for July fourth. It's actually going to be published this week. It's called Founding Fathers and One Jewish Mother, A Jewish Mother Being Golden a Year, and it compares the founding of Americason Hamilton, Madison, Washington with the founders of Israel Bengorian and Hertzel, and it shows the amazing comparisons between the two countries. And it uses my own document.
Speaker 4: Well, we love to give you a book. We'd love to give you WABC would love to give you a book party and bring all your friends.
Speaker 3: That'd be great. I don't have very any friends on Martha's Vineyard.
Speaker 2: But yes you do, Yes you do, Alan.
Speaker 7: This is Fernando Matale. This is Fernando Matale. He's no, you have many friends at Martha's Vineyard, including Jim Ferraro, who you know is your good friend and he is he is my son in law, and you know that he loves you.
Speaker 2: And him and Professor Durcierwiz. You're warming my heart because your book is exactly I wrote a speech for the then Israeli Consul General Asasamir for July fourth, twenty twenty two, with exactly that doing these parallels between our founding fathers and their founding fathers and mothers. He didn't read it, he wouldn't do it. So thank god you wrote the book.
Speaker 8: Thanks for listening to Sit In Friends in the Morning. You can hear sit in Friends in the Morning weekday mornings at six. If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at WABC radio dot com and deload the WABC Radio app that subscribe but on all major podcasts platforms. Plus, follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder what the heck
Speaker 3: Is going on here.