Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Just because there's so much we don't even get to, Like, we didn't even get to anything that we were.
Speaker 2: Supposed to talk about. Yeah we did. We talked about cooking for like four seconds, all right?
Speaker 3: Do you want to cook for longer than that? Nobody wants to cook for longer than that. Now, the only thing I would watch that I would want to learn from my parents cooking was the fun stuff like a lemon merangue pie or BlackBerry jelly something like. That's the stuff I would want to learn to cook. The other stuff now, No, I know how okay, I just I don't have a lot of wild blackberries around the house.
Speaker 1: So you've never brought in a lemon merangue pie you've created? Do you do the like the merangue on top of the whole bit?
Speaker 2: Where else am I going to put the merangue?
Speaker 1: I just don't see you doing the whole thing with the eggs and the beating and the meranguing of them.
Speaker 2: Why not? I don't know. That's one of my favorite pies all time favorite pies.
Speaker 1: Right, there's a difference that I'm making the pie and.
Speaker 2: You're right, But I have made them. I have made ring pies. Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a knock on you that I don't see you making a merangue.
Speaker 3: Okay, I haven't shown you enough of me. I haven't shown you all of the different aspects of who I am.
Speaker 2: I don't need to know enough or all of the things. What else is going on? Yeah, time for what's happening.
Speaker 1: I prefer to think of you with a sight out in the fields like it, BJS. Well, I'm not in the kitchen with an apron making a merangue.
Speaker 3: I think I know where You're getting a couple of quick court things to get through. New York Attorney General Letitia James, who has said that Donald Trump Donald Trump is not above the law, it was hit with her own federal criminal referral for instances of alleged mortgage fraud yesterday. She's also in the preliminary stages of looking into whether President Trump's tariff pause may have included some insider trading violations. The Attorney General Pambondi has announced the legal action against Maine for refusing to ban transgender athletes from participating in women's in girls' sports, said that this underscores the importance of Title MIND, which is the federal law that prohibits discrimination based on sex and educational institutions.
Speaker 1: The Dow is down about two percent, NASDAC down, Foreign change SMP five hundred down about three percent, this after the chairman of the Federal Reserve says he expects inflation to rise and economic growth to slow due to tariffs.
Speaker 2: He was speaking at the Economic.
Speaker 1: Club of Chicago, Jerome Powell, saying he may find himself or the Fed may find themselves in a tough situation where their goals to control inflation and support growth in the economy are intention He says, if that's going to happen, the Central Bank would have to see how far the economy is from both goals and how much time they both would need when making interest rate decisions. So since his comments, that now has been down over seven hundred points. Right now, it's down eight fifty two something like that.
Speaker 3: Remember this story about this guy in Connecticut held captive by his father and his stepmother.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thirty two years old.
Speaker 3: In fact, he just turned thirty two given limited food for twenty years before he was rescued. In the last couple of weeks, he has put out a statement. He said, please call me S. This is not the name given to me by my parents when I was born. I'm choosing a new name for myself, and I will use that name as I reclaim control over my life and my future. My name is my choice, and it is the first of many choices I will make for myself now that I am free. The man said, I am a survivor more than twenty years of captivity in domestics, thirty two and he's.
Speaker 2: Just turned thirty two.
Speaker 3: Thanked his medical staff because they gave him what amounted to his first ever birthday party.
Speaker 1: I can't wait till he's on the cover of People magazine and I get to read all the details.
Speaker 2: It doesn't sound like he's going to do much publicity.
Speaker 1: Is I would put money on it right now. You want to make a bed over a pizza or.
Speaker 2: Something, a lemon meranue pie perhaps, or a lemon Meringe pie. But I don't make the lemon ran pie.
Speaker 1: I'm out in the field with my sythe I doubt it. Thousands of dollars where of props have been stolen from a dance team Define Dance Space in Riverside, just hours before taking the stage at a dance competition. They're carefully crafted props had been stolen. It sounds like an inside job from some other dancer, doesn't it. Who else would steal dance It.
Speaker 2: Had a U haul in it.
Speaker 3: Stadium steps, platforms, walls, railings, all of them custom built by one of the former students fathers used in performances for the last several years.
Speaker 1: Ooh, snack wraps are coming back to McDonald's. It's so once popular menu item snack wraps. The snack wrap crispy and grilled chicken, both offerings barbecue and honey mustard options. Apparently this is one of the things that disappeared, but now they're coming back. It's kind of like the buttermilk crispy tenders that were introduced in twenty seventeen but removed from menus in twenty twenty. We don't know what month the snack wraps are coming back. Oh no, these are pulled in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: On the edge of my seat, toilet. See what's your order at McDonald's, would you say straight up?
Speaker 1: Just big Mac, quick gas, go around. You're going to Mickey D's. What is your order? Your computer broke? You broke it? I said, well, I'm very surprising.
Speaker 2: Now Elmer's got my thing turned out? Okay? So what would you get? Big Mac, big ol fries and a coke? Is that a specific value meal number? Maybe? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Probably, Elmer? If you were going to McDonald's, what would you have?
Speaker 2: I get a McChicken and a mcdouble and I put them together to make a mcgang bang. Go on.
Speaker 1: I don't think it gets better than that. I don't think anything anyone says is going to be better than.
Speaker 2: A mcgang bang? What would do?
Speaker 3: I feel like that's the reason I think to offer that might overshadow that.
Speaker 4: I get the two cheeseburger combo plane with a large coke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the combo, Oh, the como. Got it?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: When you pull up to the window, Elmer or the speaker, do you say, I'm here for the gang bang?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: That because it was made popular in the major emotion picture uh with Will Ferrell and Luke.
Speaker 2: Old school Luke what's his last name? Wilson?
Speaker 1: Well, Luke Wilson. I'm here for the gang bang when the new people jump out of the closet.
Speaker 2: We can't keep saying it.
Speaker 1: Oh, really, well, it's just a it's a McChicken, and is it a big mac mcdouble a mcdouble. It's just a McChicken in a mcdouble. Gary, you have to explain it to me.
Speaker 2: You open in the middle, then you slide the McChicken in. Yeah you do, Yeah, you do? All right? Coming up next, Terror in the Skies. Don't you want to know my order? Nope? Remark is in the.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: He's such a nice guy, isn't he just handing out money wherever he goes. Well, we've got a young girl providing some in flight drama, which brings us to Terror in the Sky's flight is zero niner.
Speaker 2: You are a day off, Roger, Get off my plane, Roger, Roger, what's our victor?
Speaker 6: Victor? Enough is enough?
Speaker 5: I have had it with these munkey pipe snakes on this money. It's Gary and Shannon's Terror in the Skies on KFI.
Speaker 2: Fourteen hour flight. What's the longest flight you've been on? You think about that time hours. Yeah.
Speaker 3: In this case, mom and her daughter on a fourteen hour caughtter airline.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, with the child awful.
Speaker 1: I could barely handle being with myself on a fourteen hour flight.
Speaker 3: A young girl, this the the baby in this case, stabbed a random adult passenger in the leg with a metal fork.
Speaker 1: Kids can get kind of stabby, like if you give them utensils and they're figuring it out and what does this do?
Speaker 2: And what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think on another person, Oh, they're playing with.
Speaker 2: Them, Well, then don't let them play with them. Wow, fun ruiner zero fun pants over.
Speaker 3: There now when mom took a nap because it is a fourteen hour flight and that's probably not unexpected. The woman filming this is actually sitting probably window seat. The guy who gets stabbed is sitting aisle seed. A woman filming captures the moment that an attendant, I guess it's just a woman, sorry that was stabbed, tries to flag down the attendant to diffuse the situation.
Speaker 1: Now, I would diffuse the situation. Little girl comes up to me on a flight and stabs me with her fork, I will diffuse said situation.
Speaker 2: I'm not flying.
Speaker 1: Flagging down the flight attendant I'm grabbing the utensil from the child and alerting the parent right away, or at least anybody right away who's near the child.
Speaker 2: Your kid just stabbed me with its fork.
Speaker 3: The sister who says to the flight attendant, she's over here stabbing people with forks.
Speaker 2: You just randomly stabbed me with a fork.
Speaker 1: Listen, if you're a toddler and you're listening to the show, you get one stab, one stab, because you're just figuring it out.
Speaker 2: Can't stab multiple people, one stab.
Speaker 3: The hostess then grabs the fork to flight attendant, grabs the fork from the child's hand, and another.
Speaker 2: Called the flight attendant a hostess.
Speaker 3: That's what it's written right there. That's a weird term. The aggrieved passenger, the one with now four holes in her leg, stands up, grabs a sandal like a little slide on in preparation to hit the girl, and says.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna f her up. I'm going to smack the s out of her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I get it. I get it right. I f up that kid too. If she kept stabbing people, you get one stab.
Speaker 3: Now, why I get I have not been on an airplane that has actual metal utensils. Maybe I'm flying the wrong places, but I can't think of any time I've had metal utensils on a plane in the last twenty years.
Speaker 1: The chargers have metal utensils, different security system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what's the worst scene?
Speaker 1: I the worst that could happen has almost happened repeatedly.
Speaker 2: I mean, I sit next to Matt. You gonna stab Matt in the fat?
Speaker 6: Hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you ever listen to that guy yeappen for a cross country flight?
Speaker 2: I have not? Actually, well makes you a little stabby?
Speaker 3: Once said where is the parent? One commenter who lets their kid just randomly bother people. Some parents don't understand that not everyone thinks their child is cute. The woman in an explanation video, the one that was recording, said her mama didn't do nothing at this point. We feel like the mom was probably tired and definitely wanted someone else to watch your kids. If you are at that point where you're falling asleep on an airplane, don't you put your kid on the outside of the plane.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're you're s that there making good choices with their children. Well, clearly putting your kid on a fourteen hour flights not a great.
Speaker 2: Joice exactly from go. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Somebody said that maybe they just want she was tired and wanted someone else to watch the kids, which I get it, totally get it. But again, don't let your kid have massive surgery or plastic surgery.
Speaker 2: Don't do that. Something horrible has gone wrong.
Speaker 1: Okay, what you watch in Wednesday? Oh, Deborah alerted me to this. One of our sex characters has gone mainstream and she is a fantastic actress. I saw her in our show. We saw her in our show, our show, our show, Dying for Sex. Although we were kind of the first ones, you were the first one to bring it to my attention, and then everybody started talking about it. Yeah, it's pretty popular. Yeah, great show. By the way, it's on Hulu with Michelle Williams. It's not about sex overwhelmingly, it's about life and decisions and how to spend your time and all those things. It's very well done. I did too, and so did one of my best friends. She said the same thing. She cried the last episode. So Dying for Sex that's on Hulu. There's a character in that show who really shines. Like she's a bit player in this series, but she shines you're like, Wow, who is that? And I remember watching this and going is she somebody? And I'm just an old person and I don't know who she is, and she's an up and comer or whatever. And then I started watching Hacks and she appears in Hacks as well as the new assistant that Debra pointed out to me as well. So anyway, Hacks is what's happening. John Ham's new show, Friends and Neighbors is what I'm also watching. The bitch of it is is those shows don't come out till Thursday and Friday, just like the old days. So I'm in the desert. They got you hooked reading Gary and Shannon will continue in just a moment.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM. Six forty.
Speaker 3: Stories that we are following today, a lot of court action for the administration. We were telling you that the judge who originally oversaw the illealalien deportation to l Salvador is now saying that the administration can be held in contempt because they didn't turn the planes around when he told them to, and he's given them a week to file documents to try to prove against that California is going to be suing Trump over tariffs in an aggressive move to end the stranglehold on global commerce. Governor Newsom and Attorney General Bonta announced the suit today, making it the first challenge from a US state against the signature foreign policy tariffs.
Speaker 4: But it.
Speaker 3: Says at least the lawsuit says that Trump doesn't have the authority to levy tariffs under the law. This is very similar to a case that was filed by a group of bigs businesses just a couple of days ago. I'm speaking of, by the way, that guy, remember the Maryland guy that was deported to l Salvador as part of that group and is now in that prison, and some people are saying he shouldn't have been deported in the first place. Senator Chris van Holland of Maryland is now in El Salvador trying to get the release of Kilmar Abrego Garcia. They said he was mistakenly deported and they want to get him back.
Speaker 1: Well, you're talking about love on the spectrum with various people today. Apparently Tanner's mom has one scene that made her uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: That's where we kick off. What you watch on Wednesday program is brought to you in living color, but you're watching in that love television. They win their kids USA television. Matt, You've been watching too many of those live television shows.
Speaker 1: So Tanner is one of the personalities on the Netflix series Love on the Spectrum. If you're new to it, it follows It follows young adults who are all the various points on the autism spectrum and they want to find love. And it is unfiltered raw, just such a nice way to see people fall in love without any pretense or anything except for the desire to feel and give love. Tanner's one of the guys, and at one point they go to a goat farm.
Speaker 3: Tanner's the guy if you've seen it, big bright eyes, all the time, big smile all the time, lives with a couple of other guys and loves animals, and he talked about all the animals.
Speaker 2: That he loves.
Speaker 3: Always very positive, very positive, very loving to his family. His sister and his mom play pretty prominent roles in him looking for love.
Speaker 2: So in that season.
Speaker 3: Three, Tanner goes on this blind date with Cheyenne at the goat farm and they talked about their love of animals.
Speaker 2: The ones that they liked.
Speaker 3: It's hard to watch at times because of the awkward pauses that exist between between these people, and neither of them really know how to fill the space when it becomes awkward like that.
Speaker 2: And you're kind of like you and me at an event, why.
Speaker 3: I suppose, but we at least have the excuse of we're done. I mean, we did a lot of talking. Nobody knows that though that's probably true. Right when we were told, it looks like we really don't want to be there, because well that's different. But ultimately, in this date on Love on the Spectrum, Tanner realizes it's not a love connection because he's looking for somebody who's outgoing and who is talkative, and Cheyenne was just very reserved and was very soft spoken, lovely person, just not not what he was looking for. Mom Nicky says to me the date was very uncomfortable. She said, I felt bad for both of them. I think she Cheyenne had a bit of stage fright and didn't know what to say. He felt like it was his responsibility to carry the conversation but didn't know how to draw her out. And she said that a lot of times when your autistic anxiety is always there, and he was really struggling, Well.
Speaker 2: You're anxious already in a dating.
Speaker 1: A first date environment, no matter who you are, and for your kid or whatever, and then you put autism on top of it.
Speaker 2: And listen.
Speaker 3: If you have not seen this show, it's I can't recommend it more. It's love on the spectrum. There's three seasons. My wife and I just finished the third season. It's just and we set it over and over again. It's just such a beautiful look at humans want relationships. That's what we're built for. You can't ignore it. And these people know, despite their the challenges that they've got neurologically speaking, they know they want to be with someone and they try to overcome their challenges. And I was mentioning this off the air when Justin was in here. One of the greatest parts of the show is watching their families take joy in the fact that these kids, because a lot of them, they described, you know, I didn't know if my kid was ever going to come out of it. I didn't know if my kid was ever going to speak. I didn't know if my kid was ever going to be in a relationship with anybody. I didn't know if my kid was ever going to live on their own, and all of those things come when they happened for these.
Speaker 2: Families, you know, the very emotional. It's really good.
Speaker 3: So what are you watching right now? So we just started Friends in Neighbors? Is that right, John Ham?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love a John hamm vehicle and that's what it is. Make no mistake. Oh yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 3: John Ham as a guy who early in the first episode is told he doesn't have anything. The big financial firm that he was working for fired him. So all of everything is tied up in his wealth for him, his identity, his family, his ex wife, his kids.
Speaker 2: Like, it's all around wealth.
Speaker 1: You know what hole in my heart it fills at least sixty percent is the mad Men hole. It's really not very different from his mad Men guy that he plays kind of. I mean, I've only watched the first two episodes. That's all that's out there right now. But he comes across as that guy, like that New York business guy. In this case, he's a money guy, but where you know, he's not a great dude, but you love him anyway. You know those lovable characters that are not that are flawed. That's him in this.
Speaker 3: As well, a little trip from Corvin Burnston also as his boss, which I thought was kind of a funny. Didn't even recognize him until late into that first episode.
Speaker 2: That's on Apple TV.
Speaker 3: The thing is, like you said earlier, it's one of those shows that's gonna come out once a week, and kids, we know that that's the way it used to be done. But man, it can be a drag to have to try to wait for those things. I got a couple other shows we'll talk about we come back.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Doing what you watch on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Hi, guys, So you're talking about love on the Spectrum, and I have the spect have an adult son who's autistic.
Speaker 2: I haven't watched that, and I don't know, and I don't if.
Speaker 6: Emotionally I'm ready for it because I watched my son's struggle and I know.
Speaker 2: He'd love to be in love. So anyway, that's sort of my take.
Speaker 6: Thanks for talking about it, though, because I may watch it now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I that's a very good perspective to have because there are families where they don't get that well.
Speaker 2: And that's happy and who knows.
Speaker 1: I mean, even though there some of them are finding love, that's just the beginning, you know what I mean. Like there's one couple that's been together for three years or something, and so there's like kind of talk about them getting married. But that look like there's another guy whose family's going to make him like a kind of like a mother in law unit out back where he can live because you're always going to you know, they even if they're living alone, they're going to need some kind of care or supervision or help or whatever it is, depending upon where in the spectrum they are. But yeah, I mean it's all it's not all smooth sailing once they find love.
Speaker 3: It's just and I think that's I mean, that's one of the things if if we could put her heart at ease, it's that they're not all great stories, and there are not. It's not all to rub it in anybody's face necessarily, right, but you can I mean, just hearing it in your voice.
Speaker 2: She would love to be able to see that.
Speaker 3: And when you do see that in someone else's family, it's really something that's great.
Speaker 2: Not that it's easy to watch.
Speaker 1: But I can also understand that she's seen her son struggle. So when we're watching somebody that we don't know struggle, it's different. It's almost like it's it's I don't want to say entertainment, but it is.
Speaker 2: But that's her real life.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Of course, like King one of my watching I called last thing on this for the movie Ccario on Netflix. Well they just released the second part of that movie called Cacario Day of the Soldier equally as good, definitely worth.
Speaker 2: A watch day of.
Speaker 3: Written again by Taylor Sheridan. So if you're a Taylor Sheridan fan, this one was directed by Stefano Salima. The first one was I believe it was gosh, oh denis.
Speaker 6: Hi, guys, I'm late to the message.
Speaker 5: But what you watch.
Speaker 6: On Wednesday, we watched the movie Unhinged with Russell Crowe. Very good, gripping and kind of gets you on the edge of your seat. Anyway, it was fun to watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is it's a few years old, now five years old. It's a road rage. It's a road rage.
Speaker 2: It is right.
Speaker 3: It's one of those very tense movies that is never I don't even know. I wouldn't say suspenseful because it's not like you don't I mean, you don't know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I feel like it hits a little too close to home for me, for La, for any I become very unhinged off and drive.
Speaker 2: Very very strange.
Speaker 3: You watched the you watch the White Lotus. Do you know Amy lou Wood the actress?
Speaker 2: Is she the one with one with the teeth?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, do you know who that is? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So Amy lou Uh Well, White Lotus did a spoof. Sorry, Saturday Night Live did a spoof of White Lotus. They called it the White Potus. It was a whole Trump joke, all this sort of thing. But they had one of their cast members in this case, Sarah Sherman, wear fake teeth so she looked like Amy lou Wood.
Speaker 2: Okay, and somebody took she took offense to this. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Here's the problem with that on its face is I didn't know who this is actress was? She was great in that show. Although the show was awful this season, what a waste of time. Still upset with how lame it was, but her teeth got so much wonderful press through this entire season about how refreshing it is to have someone with natural teeth that in a world is specifically la where everyone's teeth are perfect and white and fixed and all of it. How nice it is to see somebody embrace their real teeth. And that was written up ad nauseum. So for her to take a fence, or anyone to take a fence over an SNL skit about her imperfectly perfect teeth is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: So she said something that had nothing to do with the teeth, which was I thought was weird because well, she she wrote on Instagram something about, you know, I like SNL.
Speaker 2: I liked it a couple of weeks ago. It was really funny.
Speaker 3: I don't know what she's talking about, but she said, I don't mind caricature.
Speaker 2: I understand that's what SNL is.
Speaker 3: But the rest of the skit was punching up, and I was the only one punched down on not Sarah's fault and not hating on her Sarah. The cast member that played her, just hating on the concept. Walter Goggins. By the way, the guy also has some chompers was played by John Hamm In the skit. Walter Goggins said he loved it. He said it was amazing.
Speaker 1: Into the snl Oh, my God, make fun of us all day long.
Speaker 3: That's a pretty hard thing to complain about, that you got so famous that, yes, exactly, Night Live did something about you.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: We have a trio of trailers on the on the website go to kf I Am six forty dot com slash Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 2: A couple of them.
Speaker 3: Number one is the Mission Impossible eight, the latest trailer that has come out. See Tom, Tom Hanks, see Tom Cruise.
Speaker 2: They're both Tom's What do you know? Tom, I've got in trouble for Parkerson do all all of his crazy stuff. One of them is Nana's.
Speaker 3: A film inspired by Staten Islands and restaurant called Nana's House. This is going to be a Netflix comedy by Stephen Schabowski. And then the John Krasinsky Natalie Portman Search for Immortality. This I think Natalie Portman and John Krasinsky in a National Treasure movie, although this one is international and there's no Nick Cage. But this one's also directed by Guy Ritchie, which would be fun.
Speaker 1: So John Cobalt Show coming up next. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Stay drive everybody.
Speaker 3: Blessings, you've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.