Speaker 1: And now all of a sudden, she's amazing.
Speaker 2: Clay Travis at buck Sexton today at noon on fifty five KRC the Talk Station, five.
Speaker 3: O five.
Speaker 1: Fifty five k r C the Talk Station. Friday Eve.
Speaker 4: Said, okay, well the vacation.
Speaker 1: You're fighting. Oh yeah, I suppose that may be the operative phrase or the upcoming administration. See Elon Musk and RFK Junior making comments about which direction they're going to go. I'm positive about that. Happy Friday. Brian Thomas right here, Joe Strekker in there where he belongs, Executive producer Joe Strecker, and coming up at seven oh five beginning of the guests on the morning show, Alex Chreantefilo. We'll be talking about, well, the post election post mortem. Got Trump, you got Bernie Marinham, you got the Supreme Court here in Ohio. You've got no unissue one. That's all good. And then, of course, since he was formerly chairman of the Hamilton County Republican Party, we're gonna have to address what the hell's going on here in Hamilton County. And I'm still blown away by that. It's you know, fine, everybody's got some issues in terms of the election. The left is boohooing and sobbing and crying and having break nervous breakdowns and need their safe space and their legos to play with whatever man. We've also got our concerns here in Hamilton Counties. A lot of people talking about that yesterday listening to lunch. Oh by the way, thanks to Ron's were his great time. Yesterday's quite a few people never seen before the first listener to launch, a lot of friendly faces and familiar faces, and everyone was in a very celebratory mood, which just so nice considering I had no idea what it was going to wake up to yesterday morning, and uh well do wine. Also, we're gonna be talking about that with Alex trance Field, who in the Hell's dowine going to a point for their replacement for jd Vance and a lot of people are coming out of the woodwork to talk about that. We're gonna hear about that from Alex Trantherfield again at seven oh five Donovan and Neo Americans for Prosperity and you got to thank AFP and AFP Action and I will thank every single one of the listeners who took up the challenge and donated a little bit of their time or a lot of their time to go door knocking. I had some folks that listened to lunch yesterday talking about how many doors they knocked on. It's like, yeah, that's great. Every little bit counts. They're given that guy in Pennsylvania tremendous credit for getting the Amish out to vote, and a by the bunch of other folks who otherwise might not have even gone out to vote for Well. Moving Pennsylvania over to the Red so afp action here in Ohio was just really, really profoundly important in doing that. I'm anxious to find out if Donovan ended up meeting the goal of one million doors knocked. Of course, you can give him a lot of credit for Bernie Marino's election here in the state of Ohio. So that was great. Donovan will be well doing a victory lab at seven thirty year in the Morning show. I'm really looking forward to eight oh five. I do dearly love Steve Gooden coming on the program talking about matters legal and quite you know, I've been out of practice for now. This is my eighteenth year in radio, so I haven't been in a courtroom in that long. Thankfully. I guess if I was in a courtroom, it will be because I was on trial or involved in some sort of civil or criminal litigation. And I don't want to be involved in either of those, although I do keep my license up. Steve Gooden comes on the program and gives a very thorough and thoughtful analysis about certain cases that are going on. What's going to happen to the president? Trump lawsuits, got a little bit of information about that. We could talk about it in advance. It looks like they're not going to go really anywhere, which would be the right thing to do. Some people are saying that's justice denied. He needs to be tried. But Steve Gooden and his legal analysis at eight o five. And finally it's Thursday slash Friday Eve Jay Ratliff joins the program every Thursday at eight thirty our iHeartMedia aviation expert. Trump elected and the airline stocks soared. Wait a minute, for all the wrong reasons. MTSB releasing there's six hundred page report on Alaska Airlines, the door plug flight. Six hundred page report on a door plug flight. Anyhow, hub delays. We'll also get to that. Maybe a couple other topics like the stock market going through the roof. And you know what the reason for that, It's because Trump won the popular vote. In addition to the electoral college stability, no law fair related to the election and the aftermath of the election. Actually, yesterday I was a little worried about the Senate or the House makeup because a lot of them hadn't been called yet, and I think even as of this morning, some of them haven't been called, but they're leaning Republican. Republicans already have control of the House. It's just a question of maybe a few more seats and whether they have a greater control or where it is right now. But I was a little worried because they hadn't crossed that majority threshold at some point yesterday and I thought, you know, some of these races, if you looked at the counts, they were within less of one percent between the Democratic candidate and the Republican candidate. And I thought, oh lord, here we go. There's going to be Shenanigans and people are going to be, you know, accused of turning in ballots laid There'll be litigation over ballots and weren't countered. And I'm not saying that's not going to happen. But because Trump won so overwhelmingly and again by more than four million people in the popular vote, what are you going to go out and protest? And that's an important thing to contemplate if you are in a world where the political landscape isn't fully revealed to you, like, for example, that most of Americans don't want guys in women's locker rooms. Most Americans believe in economy with lower taxes and the lower regulation, the idea of pursuing all energy sources because it's good for America and American's economy, freedom's liberties, you know, the whole thing. The Trump campaign ran on a secure border. If you're of the mind and you know police departments and being port of law enforcement. But if you surrounded yourself in this echo chamber and everyone around you is saying that no, America doesn't want that. They're all on the side of us, on the left hand side of the ledger. They're all in favor of this big government control, micromanagement, open borders, blah blah blah blah blah. Then you start to believe it, and you know you'll be on the street protesting something like that, and screaming and occupying and wailing and gnashing your teeth and accusing you of being a racist, homophobe, bigot, go on down the entire list of insults they were casting it, folks, and you wake up to the reality that you were wrong, that America doesn't feel that way, that America does have some concerns about its future and its direction, and you find yourself on the losing side of that that political discussion. That we aren't fascists, that we aren't racist, that we aren't xenophobes or homophobes, We're just interested in our own best interest, in the interest of all Americans, which is the campaign that Trump ran. In spite of what everyone was saying he was or saying or interpreting his words.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 1: Really quite open and came across as the populous guy that you know, people elected him to be. Now we'll see if he delivers. But you wake up the next day and yeah, you want to, you know, get yourself in a fetal position, and oh my god, well that's because everything everyone had been telling you, your left wing media, your college professors, your your websites that focus only on woke ideology and woke principles, the idea that you know, every single American is so much in favor of guys being a women's bathrooms that anybody who says anything to the contrary is transphobic. That's what you've been told, and that's what you believed that where America was. You wake up and find out no, huge swaths of Black Americans, most notably black men and Hispanic folks, who are perceived by the left is to be lockstep and with a Democrat party massive quantities of Jewish folks. Trump broke forty percent barrier with the Jewish vote in New York forty six rather forty six percent in New York the Jewish vote. You know, the Democrats always talk about being black folks being you know, lockstep Democrats. Same thing kind for the Jewish vote. I mean, I've got a lot of Jewish friends. I always joke with them about that. What is with you, guys, I can always voted for Democrats is your best interest. But look what Trump did. He wrote it a massive chunk of support from the Jewish vote in New York City, of all places in New York State. The when you reflect on this and you wake up the next day. And I'm not saying there won't be protests or problems. I do believe there will be organized protests among the illegal immigrants who are in this country because now they face the risk of deportation. And I see apparently as they're expecting a huge influx or at least rush for the border now between now and January when Trump gets sworn in, seeing the window of opportunity and the door being closed, that's to be expected. But I think if there any protests or concerns on the street, it's primarily going to be come from those who are probably going to be facing deportation. But beyond that, you're screaming or protesting in the face of what amounts to be a bipartisan shift over to not Donald Trump, the man, Donald Trump, the principles and the campaign upon which he ran, which again more populist, looking after the interests of the American people. Look at all the blue collar workers, look at all the union folks. He's fighting against the green agenda because it undermines so many people's jobs and livelihoods. It's fueled purely upon government handouts to hand selected companies and individuals. Tax incentives, fuel and fund this so called green revolution that many people like me are skeptical about. So Russian out in the streets, I think reveals you for the fool and so you're probably not going to be doing that, given that the vast majority of Americans obviously came down on the different side of the political ledger. They believe in the police, they believe in law and order, they believe in a secure border, they believe in perhaps spending less. And that's why I'm hopeful for Elon Musk and I'm hopeful Rfk Junior steps in, and I'm hopeful that we hear one day. Agriculture Secretary Thomas Massey. I came home yesterday after listener lunch. He said Thomas Massey's name has been floated for agricultural secretary, and I said, really, that would be awesome. So immediately texted Congressman Massey and Mary, his assistant, and I also posted it on Facebook. Let's make this happen. Secretary of Agriculture, Thomas Massey, will hang on, brid just looked up, saw you on the phone. Will hold on. I'll take your call in just a second. It's five seventeen right now, fifty five care see de Talk station Fred sans Nam, here's your Channel nine first warning weather forecasts. Got mostly cloudy start of the day, It'll be partly cloudy later on seventy for the high. A few clouds over night, down to sixty one. Tomorrow, mostly sunny day with the highest sixty four over night forty two with partly cloude sky. As it says, I'm mostly sunny on Saturday. It's like showers at night, but we have a high sixty three during the day. All right, now, my disappearing temperature fifty seven degrees fifty five K City Talk station. That is five twenty one five on three seven four nine to fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three taco with nine five fifty. Hey, well, thanks for holding over the break. It's good to hear back from me. Welcome to the program. How you doing there, Brian, I'm doing pretty good this college.
Speaker 5: To congratulate y'all, y'all victory, because I'm a man, and we're not going to go tear up to the Capitol because we lost. But another thing, But another thing. We know who I know my grandfather was right, and my father was right. Eighty nine percent of the white man. Sixty five percent of the Latinos and sixty five percent of the white women voted for this man. Eighty over eighty percent of total combined black people voted for this woman. Not because because we all believe in everything that they believe in, like some of the stuff you just mentioned, you know, not because of that, because we know how evil and wrong this man was, and he called people trash and garbage. I go to Springfield to fish, I got friends up there. I do a lot, and I know how many lives these people told. But it shows as long as you white in this America, because if you know this, I don't use the word white, but now I am. I'm going to my people. I'm getting out. I'm getting away from this totally.
Speaker 1: All of them get in what way, will well?
Speaker 5: Because I know we were betrayed, you fighting a war with another army.
Speaker 1: And because almost ninety.
Speaker 5: Percent of total white men voted so and you're telling me that all of those those were Democrats too, everybody, every white man, every white woman, every Latino man. That's what they wanted.
Speaker 1: Y'ave got what I wanted.
Speaker 5: And like the brothers we all been talking, it was a total buying effort with the black people. So I give my people props for that, for us coming and trying to come together and just trying to weather the storm. But now y'all done put us behind the gun. Lately, y'all have dehumanized us with names, and I'm not letting it slide. Y'all all going to jail, and that's what you're gonna do. All of u's gonna be on the street because y'all will put this monster in the White House. So you know, I'm just letting you know. I'm a good man. I'm an HVACT technician and electrician. I fished a lot of people's heat and furnaces for free because they were short on money, whatever. But all them days is gone with me now, all them days because that's what my daddy and my granddaddy did not last because they were second class citizens when they were born. And now I see what they saw. Just as long as you a white man with tyranny. They are not doing what's right, these white people. So y'all go ahead, celebrate your victory, but we're not gonna cheer up the capitol. We're gonna act like black and strong men and women and lived through this, like y'all took our grandfathers and the Tulsa all of that, all of it killing young black people because they spoke to a white woman, or this thing that happened up here to Blady delivering the package that blowed the white by this old white man. The brother down there in Florida shot for walking in the door with his gun. I've been watching all the murders, so y'all go ahead, so Trump can partner all these police that do and all this undervalue on our property. Everything. Y'all are so of the harblest people in the world.
Speaker 1: And my grandfather told me that.
Speaker 5: But I tried to work with y'all, and y'all still get is wrong. So that's all of y'all at me. That's just not one. That's just not Republicans.
Speaker 6: That's all of y'all.
Speaker 5: I don't know what my people are gonna do, because when y'all want y'all racism, y'all gonna have it. And like y'all, like he said, he called a black woman in garbage, he called he lied about eating dogs and cats, and I'm glad so I look like a Haitien until you hear me talk.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: So there you go.
Speaker 5: Now, y'all have a nice day, and I will never call your show we did because I never I never, ever, ever, And it ain't the fact that the Democrats lost.
Speaker 1: We were portrayed.
Speaker 5: That's what's bad about it.
Speaker 1: Well, isn't it possible that the betray I mean a lot of people are looking for the reasons why the Democrats performed so poorly. Don't you feel like your party betrayed you with maybe selecting Tomlin Harris?
Speaker 5: I do, I do, I do, I do. I'm not saying Kamala should have been the one. We should have got the guy from California. Now that the governor or whatever. I wrote the letter to Trump to let him know because we're trying to figure out how we can move to California. We're getting hell out of the way at state study. I'm sorry, that's upset.
Speaker 1: I am very upset. Well, and I wish you were, yeah, because.
Speaker 5: We were portrayed. It was run with these white Democrats and they voted and the women they just had a black go down there and let it down.
Speaker 8: Because you couldn't get prenatal help.
Speaker 5: But that's okay, that's okay.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you It's one thing considering, you know, I just want to look at you. You're you're a contractor. Did you do I mean I quite seriously about this and be objective. Did you suffer or struggle or did you do poorly under the Trump administration? I mean, were you struggling with your business or did you do all right? I'm just wondering.
Speaker 5: There's certain areas I won't go to because there's certain people to live in those areas, y'all base, the Nazis that he about to let out of the Federal Preententiary, the Nazis, and certain neighborhoods I will not go to. I mainly service the neighborhoods of mine.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Did your business do okay? Whether you choose to go in any neighborhood or not. I'm wondering how you did economically under the Trump administration?
Speaker 5: Oh I did poorly?
Speaker 3: What before I got a job I lost?
Speaker 1: I had?
Speaker 5: I was I was a company man for me saying I didn't like I worked for a company which is falling right now, and I do you more. It's Christians. I was the maintenance man for them for twenty seven years. Twenty seven years I worked for that company.
Speaker 1: Twenty seven years I had.
Speaker 5: And they brought a smart businessman in there and bought that too.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well you know they bought that too.
Speaker 1: He was just one.
Speaker 5: No, no, let me send it and be for me saying I didn't like Trump out in Eaton, Ohio when they were having a Trump riley in the dining room talking about black people, and I said something about it. I lost my job, So there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right, Yeah, that's right. We can all be maybe critical about the Frish's business model. And I obviously wasn't there. I don't know the circumstances job.
Speaker 5: There twenty seven years. You want me to seeing you a picture of my awards.
Speaker 1: Plaques that I got to see them, No, I believing.
Speaker 5: To see them. So you know, ain't nobody gonna tell me about nothing no more? Because I know black people are by their self. Y'all America, This America has spoken to me. The last time I'm going to visit all my forefather's graves.
Speaker 1: Talk to the chill.
Speaker 5: We don't have our family meetings. So you know, you people, y'all have y'all America, but we ain't going nowhere nowhere, And I don't know what the black people are gonna do, but we cannot depend on any other race, any other race to do right, y'all put a man in there. I had to not hire a boy one time because you had too many felonies.
Speaker 8: But you could be the president.
Speaker 5: Oh that's why all that was fabricated against him. How do I know how many brothers? Oh, my god, it is so much I can do. I can go with here. I'm just gonna let it go, Let it go and raise my family because you know, because this is probably gonna affect me because I gave y'all too much, so people are gonna know me no, you know, because I don't like your ways and you're not gonna change my mind. Well, like I say, my father and my grandfather were second class citizens when they were born. I'll probably be one one I got. So y'all have a nice day and you take it easy. And like I say, congratulations on your America, because we know we ain't part of this country and y'all proved it to us. And believe me, I am coming out of the dark of the shot because I ain't no fella, and I never been in jail, and my father, my whole family, and believe me, my mama's side of the family. The name is known, which I will not mention, but believe me, I am going to make sure people understand what happened with this. We were portrayed by all white people, all of them, all of them and the Latino and didn't know because we're like I say, it's okay to call my race garbage. Y'all have a night.
Speaker 1: Well, the garbage comment came from President Biden against Trump supporters. It didn't come from Donald Trump against any particular group of people. And you know, I hear your anger. Well I don't quite understand it, but you know, here's what I'm going to say. And you can't paint me with the broadbrush because I hope everyone prospers. I don't know what's going to happen to the Trump presidency. I know we lived through four years before. There wasn't anarchy necessarily except from Antifa. But the economy did well. Black unemployment was at the most historic lows that this country has ever seen. He dedicated a lot of time and energy. Historically black colleges got the benefit he had these community prosper zones that helped benefit the black communities that had been overlooked by countless administrations. So you know, I hear the anger in your voice. I don't. I mean, I'm not in a position to understand it, given that I didn't grow up as a black man or share your history. But honestly, I'm willing to step back and say, you know what, I hope will that you end up and your business does and prospers and thrives, and that Donald Trump's administration allows that to happen. Whether you like the guy or not, I'm hoping it works out well for you. And I'm sorry you're so angry. And I'm sorry you're not going to be listening in the morning shore anymore, because I always welcome to your point of view. Will anyhow, hang in there, brother, I really really hope things settle down for you, it all works out. But then again, that's what I feel for the entire country. Five thirty one fifty five Care see the talk station. Mark's on the line. Mark, hang on a minute. I'll get your call in just a moment. Here it is your nine first morning one of the forecast two days going to be mostly claudy for the start. Be partly cloudy later today with the highest seventy overnight low sixty one with a few clouds. Sunny tomorrow with the highest sixty four, down to forty two overnight with partly cloudy sky is sixty three. The high on Saturday, mostly sunny, and they're talking about showers, but you gotta wait for overnight for that fifty seven degrees. Right now, fifty five care ce de talk station. It is five thirty four fifty five care See Talk station. Let's go straight to the phones. Mark's been on holiday. Mark welcome in the morning, showing a very happy Friday Eve to you.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Brian. I want to respond to Will there. I feel sorry for that guy because he obviously is a closed minded individual that is in an ego chamber. I'm sure he didn't have a problem with the white vote that put Barack Obama into office two times, and how the black vote historically has always overwhelmingly gone for a Democrat, whoever it was run. And when you look at the Trump support, especially this election, it was probably one of the most diverse groups of people that voted for him, and you could see that in his rallies and everything else, this whole Nazi thing. I hadn't been in a lot of neighborhoods throughout this city and actually the tri State, and I've never really ever come across any Nazis. Maybe they hide. I just don't understand the demonization that these people are willing to buy into. And I listened some clips from yesterday on the TV of the you know, the same old people that are responding the you know, Joy Behars and the Goldberg and Nancy Pelosi and and this this mantra that they keep hammering, and these people that buy this stuff and listen to it and believe it. I mean, what does he think is going to happen after January? I mean, are you kidding me? I mean, we weathered eight years of Barack Obama, and I can guarantee you when he first came on the scene, I was like, finally some fresh blood, you know, a younger guy that's going to run for office. But it didn't take me long to dive into his his ideology and understand that he was going to be a disaster for this country, which he was. We're still paying the damage that he created in the healthcare industry, and the health insurance industry not to mention this whole green thing, and on and on and on. I could go on for hours about this. But this guy's going to sit here and rant and rave on radio about how we betrayed him. And I got news for him. The Democrats have betrayed a lot of people, not just one race. The Democrats have betrayed They've betrayed this country. And you have a group of people that are wanting to put this country back to where government's smaller, the power is back to the states and some issues. And this guy is going to lose his mind and act like all of a sudden, I don't know what he's thinking, and you're gonna move to California. Good luck with that, go. I mean, I worked with a diverse group of people. And I sat down yesterday while I was having my oil changes my truck at a local shop here and a fella came in, black guy, and we were both tired because we had both stayed up watch an election of the election results, and we struck up a conversation and he says, you know what, he goes, I'm so glad that Donald Trump got elected, he said, because when Donald Trump was in office. I did better, he said, I had more money in my pocket. Yeah, the grocery store was cheaper. He says, Kamala wasn't ready. And he said because she's not a smart individual. That came out of his mouth and.
Speaker 8: He said, you, she'll never be ready.
Speaker 3: I mean, so this guy just wow, Well, he get out of your echo chamber and understand that that's not that's not even remotely close to reality.
Speaker 1: And you know what I understand Will's emotion. Politics is filled with emotion. I mean you can see it in full view on all of the you know, far left wing newscasts yesterday, and people you know, struggling and trying to cope with the reality of Donald Trump after you know, years and years and years of the drum beat that he's just a terrible, terrible, terrible human being. And I'll acknowledge the man isn't perfect. I'll acknowledge the man has said some things that I'd find personally offensive. But that's why I was hoping that Will might reflect on the four years when Donald Trump was president. The world didn't end. People were locked up in concentration camps. There weren't firing squads, you know, concentration camps. He got to look to the FDR administration for that. You know, the internment of the Japanese population merely because they were old Japanese, probably one of the most racist events in the nation's history after slavery. But that I was hoping that maybe he might reflect that his business at least didn't die or it was prosperous. Then I'm not familiar enough with Will's background. I really knew anything about it. I just found out he worked for Frishes for the first time. So, but you know, his anger can be understood if you look through the lens of left wing politics. But I personally don't believe that left wing politics benefits any particular class of human beings. It is dictatorial control and it merely results in, you know, large groups of people being hooked up to an ambilical court of government and then be incapable of getting away from that. My hope is that all people, by freeing up the economy and smalling and reducing the size of government, benefits everyone, as it seems to do when the economy is rolling along and percolating quite nicely. So anyhow, just sadding about Will's anger and help the settles down and maybe continues to listen to the morning show down the road. We can have further conversations. Feel free to call five one three, seven four nine fifty five eight hundred eighty two three talk found five fifty on AT and T phones. Another black gentleman that was that listener lunch yesterday, Mississippi. James will get your call right out of the gate if you don't mind holding on before you head down the road back to Mississippi for the season. Stick around at your right back. iHeartRadio is your NOPE channel, and I'm telling us today is going to be mostly cloudy to start with partly cloudy later today with the highest seventy overnight lows sixty one, few clouds, got sixty four for the high, with mostly sunny skies tomorrow, partly clouding down to forty two overnight and sixty three for the high on Saturday, mostly sunny fifty seven degrees. Right now, Time for right traffic up day.
Speaker 10: First one from the UCL Tramphic Center bun Cancer Screening Saved lives if you're fifty year older and hal a history of smoking called the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center at five one three five eight four long. That's five one three five eight four l U n G. Starting off with problems this morning on the highways northbound. Seventy five ramped on West Pound two seventy five crews are working with an injury accident above Sharonville. Also have our report of a wreck on river near Anderson Ferry, chucking ramon fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five forty two come out at five forty three fIF five KRCD talk station. Thanks everybody to make the listener launch yesterday. Ron threws a wonderful time. I love the food, and I loved having a cocktail, and and I beat cribbage. Mike. That makes what my third victory over the past two years. Mike, Hell, it's what Mississippi James has to say. Hey, Mississippi James, great scene Union Bride at listener lunch yesterday. It was always a pleasure. And I understand you're getting ready to roll back down south before the wintertime.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, I am. And this morning I'm calling in with the two parts. Okay, I get to wheel on the soucond part, but the first part. The guy we sat at a table with yesterday, he was a history teacher out of Kentucky, and I was revealing to him some of my experience in Mississippi. You know, I was born in the year fifty seven, so were teenagers through the sixties. And we talked and the man had so much knowledge and we just resonate in jail so well. And you know, he even paid for lunch. Oh wow, man, last night last night I was got to thinking I would love to continue to talk to him. He said he was an early morning listener to your show. He never called. That was his first lunch. And I would love to put out an appeal if he could contact me, you know, leave a number with Joe or whatever, just to make that connection. And I would love to continue to comosate with him. But when I thought about it last night, I said, we did not exchange numbers.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's a shame, but I'm glad you made a nice connection. And you know what, that's one of the things that I've learned at listener lunches. You know, it's an inviting place. You just sit down with really anybody that shows up, and you're gonna have a nice experience. You aren't necessarily agree with everybody, but you're gonna be welcomed and you're gonna have a nice conversation. Nobody's gonna be breathing down your neck or screaming at your yelling at you. So I'm so happy that that happened to you, James. And if you're out there, history teacher, email just Trecker and give me your email address. We'll see if we can't hook you up with Mississippi James. Go ahead, Misissippi James. I know you're not done, okay.
Speaker 5: And when I learned that the United States of America is one of the greatest experience that ever happened coming out of the American Civil War, or not Civil War, but the Revolution. And you know, they wanted they came up with the three branches of government to keep kings out and to be for the peoples. And that's been a good experience. And it's a pendulum that do swing and when it swing to your advantage or you're so happy, but when it swings away from you, you ready to tear the whole system down. So you got to learn how to be balanced and take the bitter with the sweet. You know, it's not always going to be one way. It's like you had two callers. The one was talking about Trump and the other was talking about Obama. Okay, I'm in the middle of both of them. You realize politics, Yeah, it controls your life, but it's a man and made entity and it's gonna be manipulated. And that's what you know. The different Party is about getting stuff to the advantage and sometime that penning them swing away from you sometime and swinging towards you. So you have to be stable in your life and understand your spirituality and to find that common ground that we can you know, keep going, yes, because it's bigger than us. It's bigger than us, you know, as you look at the universe, we like a grain of sand on the beach as a metaphor, I like the.
Speaker 1: You true, that's so true. You know, well I always appreciate that pendulum point. And you've made that quite a few times over the years you've been calling up, and that is so true. We've had very I mean, go back to Woodrow Wilson, far alive. You go to the far right, the rightest of right. You can figure out it. I don't know, pick your poison in terms of who's been the most conservative, but you know, we've we've had all kinds, and the nation has survived, it's evolved, it's largely in for the most part, gotten better. And I am certain that Will's grandfather struggled mightily under Jim Crow and Mississippi. James, you probably remember a lot of that too when you grew up in Mississippi as a young man. We got past that, thank god. We you know, this set the stage for a beautiful, you know, expanding role for every human being in this country. That's why I personally believe in freedom and liberty. I don't want a government taking away my freedoms and my rights. And that's how we all live, thrive, and survive. But regardless of whatever happens, regardless of who's president, we're going to have to deal with it. It's like Monday, Monday, Brian James always says, and you know that Nathan and Ed used to say before, the market tends to deal with whatever it's served. Conservative administration, a restrictive, you know, left administration, regulatory, deregulatory. The market always manages to roll with the punches and deal with the pendulum swings that James is talking about, Mississippi. James, if we don't speak before you head down the road. I wish you and you're a better half, the safest of travels. And you know you can always feel free to call in from Mississippi because I got a big kick out of hearing from folks calling him from out of state and awesome seeing yesterday. I'm glad you made friends. It's five forty eight. We'll see if we can't figure out who that was and hook you guys back up again. Five forty eight, fifty five K site talk station and Peter Shabrie Kellowimsom Hills. He's a great real estate agent and he has the number one real estate team in Cincinnati. And that's a good reason. Peter, I think, has gone out and cherry picked every best agent out there to join his team. And you're gonna get a wonderful five star experience when you're working with a Schubrin group of Kelowiams seven Hills. They offer programs nobody's offering. I get a kick out of the love it or leave it if they're your buyer's agent, and you can be a buyer's or seller's agent, but if they're you a buyer's agent, you get you in a house. You seem to be happy with it, but if anytime during the first year you don't like it, you're like, wait a second, I made a mistake. Why am I here? They'll sell it for you for free, this sort of little backed up guarantee. Right now, I can't imagine that would happen. Because being a team that gives you great value, they're gonna keep you out of problems that you might have. When you're looking at a given house, they see things that you might not see. They can point out things that you might not understand or be thinking about, so you know, buyers agents are great to have them there. And of course as a seller's agent, they're going to maximize the return on your home. They know exactly what you need to do get to get the most money when you're selling your house. Find them online, go to seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com Call them up. Of course, it's five one three seven zero eight three thousand.
Speaker 11: Fifty five krc.
Speaker 1: A BBN stay connected. Cloudy to start with partly cloudy, later highest seventy overy night low sixty one with a few clown hons. We've got a sixty four for the highway sunny skies tomorrow forty two overnight, fifty and sixty three for the high on Saturday, which will be a mostly sunny day. Fifty six right now traffic time.
Speaker 10: From the UCUP Train Center Lung cancer screening save lives if you're fifty year older and have a history of smoking, calling University of Cincinnati Cancer Center and five one three five eight four l U n G. That's five one three five eight four long highway traffic that's not bad at all, with one exception. Northbound seventy five is ramp to westbound two seventy five cruiser currently working with an injury accident sethbound seventy one. That's under fifteen minutes blue ash through town. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five ifty three, straight to the phone. He's got a couple of callers online and see we can't can both end? Jim, you're first, welcome to the show. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I just want to talk about Trump. You know, nobody likes Trump as far as a moral but let's look at it at the Bible way. What did God use use David? And David was an adulterous Killberschief Moses was a killer. And I really believe this country's got more people of faith.
Speaker 1: In it than anybody in the world.
Speaker 12: And that's why we've been blessed. And here's the deal. I think when he almost got shot in Butler, I don't care what anybody says, that was a God take. And if God wants you in there, there's nothing you can do. And I really believe.
Speaker 5: That that's his mission.
Speaker 1: Nobody likes him, nobody.
Speaker 12: Likes his morals, but when he was in there, his policy has worked, and I do feel safer.
Speaker 8: Harris.
Speaker 12: I don't think was strong enough to deal with Putin.
Speaker 7: Oh, he's going to go talk to Prudin's.
Speaker 12: You have to be friends with your enemies. What are you going to let him do? You got to go to China and talk to the guy in China and Iran?
Speaker 5: What happened?
Speaker 12: They settled down when Trump got in there. I think I feel safer with Trump than Harris.
Speaker 1: Okay, And we are all filled with feelings and emotions today, and I'm the kind of guy's going to sit back and find out what happen happens. I don't know what Trump's going to do over the next four years. I don't know who's going to have in his cabinet. I can hope, I can pray. I can believe God has something to do with it, or I can believe that God lets us steer our own path and learn from our mistakes, or choose not to learn from them, as the case may be. I do know Kamala Harris didn't run on anything other than Trump was an evil, awful, vile human being, Nazi, fascist, etc. Joe Biden helped the Kamala Harris campaign by calling half of America and actually even more than half, garbage. So you know, a lot of anger and ask animosity. So but I'm the first person to today. I'm not going to speculate what is going to happen. I can be hopeful that what is going to happen is going to go more of the direction I want, which is freedom, liberty, small government, and maybe a more fiscally responsible government. That's all I'm hoping for. A country that can sustain its own spending, a country that can defend itself, a country that maybe perhaps won't be engaged in so many global conflicts. That's what I hope for. I don't know what we're going to get, but knowing that Donald Trump ran on specific policies, knowing that he is promising has promised to do certain things assuming he can, like shutting the border down like he has previously done. I take more comfort in that than a Kamala Harris campaign, which ran on dodging what she used to believe in and run on and simply waging a warfare of name calling against the Trump administration, as justified as some of those names may have been, given that Donald Trump is not the perfect human being that many think he might be. So fingers crossed, folks, let's try to be positive across the board. Five fifty six, coming up on fifty seven, Hank, I'm sorry I didn't have time to get your call, but we will get it. If you want to hang around, we'll be right back. There we go again, another news updates. We're going to get all the facts.
Speaker 13: An ear full of information.
Speaker 1: At the top of the hour, I'm going to break it down fast. Fifty five cars the talk station. You're about it.
Speaker 14: Understand the ignorance tick on the.
Speaker 7: Campuses, talk about it.
Speaker 1: They're just getting away with all this.
Speaker 11: Rather than know in fact.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krc It is six h five here, fifty five KRCV talks to me. I'm a happy Friday eve to get one hour from now. I'm gonna looking forward to having Alex Trant to feel on head of the Ohio Republican Party talk about the positives from the election the bad like well, at least from my political perspective, Hamilton County, I don't know what the hell's going on here. At least I became, most notably with Melissa Powers. I don't care what political stripe you are. You compare the record of Connie Pilloch in her background to what Melissa Powers accomplished in her background. There's really no choice in that matter. Connie Pilics seems to be demonstrably unqualified for the job. So I'm not quite sure which direction is Hamilton County is going. But we'll get Alex's reaction to that and the other races and got Dwine trying to figure out who is going to take over jad Vans's seat. There are so many people standing at the dable perhaps asking for that job. Vive Gramaswami is one of them. Yeah, I don't mind that suggestion at all. Jane Timkin Matt Dolan, Frank LeRose, Dave Yost, Attorney General Dave Yost, among others, Robert Sprague, David Joyce or Dave Joyce, Mike Carey, and those are the names at least have been floated. I saw there was a report from WCPO and they had actually talked to Governor DeWine and some of the other folks on the list. We'll see what Alex has to say about that one as well, doing a post election recap. Thanks to Donald and Neil and everbody in Americans for Prosperity, as well as all the listeners and folks who donated their time to do some door knock on behalf of Bernie Marino. Donovan's going to join the program and do a post mortem recap. That'll be at seven thirty. Steve in our legal expert, putting me aside, he is certainly an expert. I certainly don't consider myself to be one Trumps president. Now what happens to the lawsuits? And finally I are a media aviation expert. Jay Ratliff joins the show at eight thirty. Airline stocks apparently went through the roof, along with literally every other stock on the planet Wall Street looking forward to positive news in terms of the future. We got US stocks rows at least in terms of capitalization yesterday one point six y two trillion dollars. That was the fifth best one day showing ever. And regardless of what political stripe you are, that should be room for celebration right there. If you are invested in the market, if you have a four to one k, if you are looking out for your future and trying to put some money away and enjoy the time value of money and the idea of compounding interest, yesterday was a good day to be invested in the market. And so if all those businesses do really well, it's going to raise all shed You know that chips raised with the tide, and everyone should benefit from that. I don't believe in the whole idea of viewing it is trickled down economics. Beyond that, Jay Ratliffe on airline stocks. And then we got the NTSB releasing their six hundred page report on the door plug blowout flight. What the hell happened there? Jayl will enlighten us.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: The other thing about this, of course, beyond evading her prior record, Kamala Harrison ran very very very very hard, as did most Democrats on the idea of women's rights and abortion. Of course, that was generating a lot of activity on the part of Democrats feeling that somehow, in some way there would be a federal abortion ban under a Trump administration. I know Kamala Harris at one point probably said she would promise a federal enshrining of abortion, which in neither case could that possibly happen under the Dobbs decision. How many times do I have to say it, but look at what happened on Tuesday. Apparently Republicans no threat to women's asserting their right to an abortion. Look across the board, with the exception of Florida. Now let's start with Arizona. For example, Arizona went Trump fifty two to Harris's forty six. Arizona also passed Proposition one thirty nine. It provides a right to an abortion in the state before the point of fetal viability. It passed sixty one to thirty eight. That means a lot of Trump supporters, voters for Trump went and voted for the right to an abortion. Moving over to Colorado. Now, Colorado, of course went Harris fifty four to forty three substantially, but a lot of folks voted for the right to an abortion. It went sixty one to thirty eight. Again, a lot of Trump supporters were in there voting for this right. That one created a right to an abortion in the state constitution, allowing use of public funds for an abortion as well. Pasted again by large majority, sixty one to thirty eight. Maryland, of course a blue state, not shocking. Now they have the right to an abortion as well. It passed seventy four to about twenty six. That one establishes the right to reproductive freedom. Defines define to include quote, the ability to make and effectuate decisions to prevent, continue, or end one's own pregnancy. Meaning I think that's pretty much an unlimited right to an abortion. So months one through nine, at least as I interpreted the boiled down language, over to Missouri. See I was trying to find Missouri. I'm a map here right to an abortion. It passed fifty one to forty eight. Right to reproductive freedom defined as the right to make and carry out decisions about all matters relating to reproductive healthcare, including prenatal care, childbirth, postpartum care, control, abortion, miscarriage care and respectful birthing conditions, whatever that's supposed to mean. It sounds like unlimited access. Missouri's got it. Montana, passed fifty seven to forty two, provides the right to make and carry out decisions about one's own pregnancy, including the right to an abortion. Nebraska. Let's see, I'm trying to find it. I've like got my map up here. Nebraska right to an Abortion establishes the right to abortion until fetal viability. That one, let's see, still a question mark, at least on mine was. It was kind of neck and neck with a few more percentage points against. I'm sorry, it was ninety four percent of the expected votes at the time I pronted up the information, so I can't definitively state which is where that one went over in Nebraska. Nebraska that went sixty percent Trump to thirty eight and a half percent. Harris. The Abortion Amendment, which said of prohibits abortions after the first trimester unless necessitated by a medical emergency or the pregnancy as a result of sexual assault or incests. So it's exceptions after the first trimester. That passed fifty five to forty four in Nevada provides a state constitutional right to an abortion, provided for the state regular to regulate abortion after fetal viability, except where medically indicated to protect the life or health of the pregnant patient. That passed sixty three to thirty six percent. New York, of course, had passed, no one would expect anything different sixty one point I'm about sixty two percent to thirty eight establishes that people cannot be denied the right based on their ethnicity, national origin, age or disability, sex including sexual orientation, gender identity, jenner expression, pregnancy, pregnancy outcomes, and reproductive healthcare, and autonomy, a whole slow of rights. In that amendment passed fully South Dakota, they had the right to an abortion, and that one did not pass state constitution right to an abortion in South Dakota using a trimester framework, that's where they attempted to enshrine Roe v. Wade by way of legislation. Fifty nine percent said no, forty percent said yes on that. So I guess the draw The takeaway on that, at least for me, is you have a lot of states that went full on Trump and then when it came down to the issue of abortion, people made their own choices, and even voters for Trump went and enshrined that with a couple notable exceptions. So yeah, just that was the issue that the Harris campaign ran on primarily. And you see, since the state's issue, no one in federal government can take it away from you, No Trump figure and no federal authority can say no, no, no, no, no, or wrong. That's those days are over, and when the battle is waged within the states, you can see the outcome. As I've been pointing out for a long time, wherever you are on the issue of abortion, the polling typically reflects exactly what you saw on Tuesday in these various ballot initiatives. Let's see what Jay's got this morning. Jay, thanks for calling the Morning Show and a very happy Thursday slash Friday.
Speaker 5: Eve Hey, good morning, Brian.
Speaker 8: Hey.
Speaker 15: The question I would have and I'm not telling you how to do your job.
Speaker 5: Who am I? But if I had some time with Alex Tranpapala.
Speaker 15: I'd be asking him, can we not get somebody to back fill jd Vance, somebody who's proven, like a Jim Jordan or a Warren Davidson. Why do we have to go back to these retread candidates like Matt Dolan, Jane Timkin. We have already seen these candidates. We have already soundly rejected them we as Ohio voters, and if they install them in office, then we are doing We as Republicans are being inflicted with the same tactics that the Democrat Party had when they were inflicted with Kamala Harris. Somebody who couldn't get voted, couldn't get in on her own, was soundly rejected, And we're going to let some party boss like Mike DeWine pick somebody who's his buddy and put them in office, a person who couldn't get elected on their own. So thereby silencing the voice of the Ohio voters and amplifying the voice of the Rhino up there in the Governor's office who is there at the will and because of the influence and power and money of the Ohio Republican Party that back the Wine during the primary versus Jim Rinecy.
Speaker 5: So why not give one of these.
Speaker 15: Guys Warren Davidson or Jim Jordan if they want the job, assuming they want a job, But why wouldn't we.
Speaker 5: Offer it up to them first?
Speaker 15: People that are you know, have a high approval level, well proven year over year.
Speaker 5: Why wouldn't we go there first? Would be what I would ask Alex Tranthafila.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, and we are going to have that. I am going to have that conversation with him when he's showing the program coming up after this top of the Earn News. But it's DeWine's decision, and you know Dwine, I know Diwine. I think figured the Wine's going to do whatever the hell Diwine wants, regardless of what good counsel he might get in his ear But I like vv Gramma Swimming. He's on the list, and why not Vivike Gramma Swimming give him a shot.
Speaker 15: Here's the problem I have with viveg was that love everything he says, every word of it. But then I found out that he took Soros money, like two hundred thousand bucks when he was one for his masters, and he said, all I did, that's true, but I was broke. I was a poor college kid. They went back and researchers didn't say, you had a couple million dollars in the bank when you took that two hundred thousand dollars. So first of all, you took Soros money.
Speaker 5: If you would have just.
Speaker 15: Admitted it, that's one thing, but then you lie about it.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I can trust you.
Speaker 1: I don't recall that. But honestly, you know, the fool is the one that's not looking out for his own best interests. And even if I had two million in the bank, if some idiot like Sorous is willing to hand me two hundred grand, that doesn't make me a Soros political supporter. It doesn't turn me into a left winger. I don't think you can describe Viva Gramma Swimmy as a left winger. Or if he did take the money, and I won't argue the point, it didn't have any way of transforming him politically. So that would be George Soros wasting his money by supporting Viva Gramma Swimmy's educational career so he could go out and fight against what Sourus is all about.
Speaker 5: So or or scenario two is he has compromised that he did.
Speaker 8: He did, but he will do George Soros's backing.
Speaker 1: He's well, okay, you're you're entitled to the concern. That doesn't concern me. I can't out with ste Vic I'd be laughing about it, aha, idiot Soros six eighteen fifty five care seat talk station five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three talk bound five fifty on AT and T phones. I'm sorry, I got to kick out of that Affordable Imaging Services. I got my CTU two CT scans, sorry, the one before the last one I got. I went to affordable imaging services. That's what I'm telling you to do, because I saved heat loads of money. A hospital imaging department costs it just thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars, and that money's going to come out of your pocket on some level insurance or no, you're usually responsible for a sizable chunk of it. So why would you pay the hospital imaging department even a fraction of a five thousand dollars CT scan or eleven thousand dollars as the case. Maybe when you can go to affordable imaging services and get a CT scan for as low as four hundred and fifty dollars, which includes the board certified radiologist report. Every scan is going to need a radiologist report. Whether you go to the hospital imaging department or not. Affordable imaging services includes the scan or the report in the price of the image. Echo cardigrams could cost you a couple grand at a hospital, four hundred and ninety five bucks at affordable ultrasound average costs more than two thousand dollars at the hospital two hundred and fifty bucks at affordable imaging services. Yes, the overhead is extremely low, but they have the same equipment that the hospitals are using. They've been at this more than forty years. And my own personal experience with affordable imaging, my doctor got the image, got the report, totally happy with it. I didn't get any criticism or like, no, this isn't good or no it worked. I save a lot of money. I'm happy about it. Five one three seven, five three eight thousand. You can go where you want. It's your medical care, so consider saving heatloads of money. Five one three seven, five three eight thousand. Learn more online at Affordable medimaging dot com.
Speaker 11: Fifty five krc hi.
Speaker 1: I'm mark record. That is time for the nine first morning one. The forecasts mostly cloudy start of the day, partly cloudy later today highest seventy over nine sixty one. A few clouds. Got a mostly sunny day tomorrow the highest sixty four down to forty two. Overnight partly cloudy, and on Saturday, mostly sunny skies of the highest sixty three fifty five degrees Right now fifty five krc You talk station traffic time.
Speaker 10: From the UCL Tramphic Center Lung cancer screening saved vibes if you're fifty year older and have a history of smoking, calling University of Centinati Cancer Center at five one three five eight four long.
Speaker 1: That's five eight four l U n G.
Speaker 10: Highway traffic looking good at the moment. I'm not seeing any major problems to add any extra time to your Thursday morning commute northbound seventy five no delay through the cut inbound seventy four or less than ten minutes between two seventy five at the Coal Rings split to the seventy five ramps chuck Ingramont fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, I'm struggling with a bit of a I don't know if it's a cold or a scratching throat or what's going on with me this morning, So I hope you forgive me for the tone of voice and the occasional having to use the cough button or when I can't get to it quickly enough, the occasional cough in the microphone, which is embarrassing for me, but hope you excuse me for that. Speaking of funds, I went three seven four, nine hundred eighty two to three talk with fifty on AT and T phones. I'm gonna havesk the local stories coming up. Remember Alex Chantefilo with an election recap after the top of the UR news. And yes, I will ask him about JD Vance's replacements on the topics the conversation. He knows the topic is coming. We'll see what he has to say about that. And as the VV last caller, uh I just got an email. Uh VV came out to an Eminem song, so I think that shows a glimpse into his character. Can't trust an Eminem fan. And it was followed by a very loud the big smiley face with the squinty eye. So I don't know what I guess. I just want to know which song was it? Was it Purple Pills by any chance, in which case he may have a point six twenty five fifty five cares. He talks to people draw conclusions about me based on my musical taste, and you can feel free to do that. I don't know if it necessarily is the right thing to do. I'm on record, if I had to get rid of the bands that I love based on their politics, I probably would have to get rid of half of my my favorite music selections. Well, I'll tell you what, though, if you've got pain and you're tired of living with pain, chronic pain, thee pain, joint pain. I remember my dad struggled so mightily with pain, and he was like salivating. He could not wait for the day when he had surgery for the hip knee replacement kind of thing. And you know, and I don't know if you ese kinetics could have helped them, but it was or would have been an option, and you at least have this option now in the Greater Cincinnati area. Getting the relief from the pain without going under the knife. Your body heals itself these healing properties. QC Kinetic takes them, concentrates them in the joints where you have pain, will help you heal and restore those achy areas. Treatment again available now in Cincinnati through QC Kinetics, which is the nation's leader and these regenerative therapies the result moving again without pain. They've treated thousands of patients with incredible success relief from arthritis injury without surgery, downtime, steroids or pain pills. So, if you got pain on your knees and shoulders, find out if you are a candidate for these new treatments, these restorative treatments to do so. It's a free consultation which I always enjoy the concept. Schedule your free consultation with QC Kinetics. Call them up the five one three eight four seven zero zero one to nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine one more five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five. Case the talk station, turn out your radio. Here's a Sean Hannity Morning Minute. I can tell you this.
Speaker 16: If you go back to where we were four years ago in terms of the real clear politics average national average, Joe Biden was up seven point five percent. Today, Donald Trump is up zero point four percent. That is a seven point nine percent swing. Biden was up three point two percent. In the battlegrounds, a number has been going down and Donald Trump is now up one point zero That is a swing of four point two percentage points, which is massive in the political world. Does that manifest itself into voting No, Anecdotally, I can make a case both ways. Twenty twenty two is supposed to be a red wave year that never materialized. If you don't want another disappointment or an expectation not met, then you have to do your part.
Speaker 14: Check out to Sean Hannity radio show later today.
Speaker 1: Right here.
Speaker 17: Hey, everyone, the twenty twenty four election is on our doorstep, and Kamala Harris and Tim Walls are knocking on your door. They're pushing for higher taxes and even taxes on unrealized gains. Could you imagine that paying taxes on something you never took profits on? What would that do to the economy? Will they come for your retirement savings? Will they come for your house? Who knows? But don't wait to find out. Learn how you could protect and diversify everything you've worked for with the top rated precious metals company gold Co. Gold Co has over six thousand and five star reviews, a bunch of awards, and has helped people just like you purchase over two and a half billion dollars in gold and silver. Call eight Boy five eight point five gold to get your free twenty twenty four gold and silver kit plus up to a ten percent instant match on bonus silver for qualified accounts. Learn how precious metals like gold and silver could help you. Call eight by five eight one five gold. That's eighty five eight one five gold.
Speaker 1: Paid for by gold Co. If you are buying a cloudy start mostly and then partly body later part of the day, seventy for the high over naglos sixty one with a few clouds sixty four with sunny sky for the most part tomorrow down to forty two overnight high sixty three on Saturday, mostly sunny fifty six degrees. Right now, let's hear about traffic conditions.
Speaker 10: From the UCL Tramphic Center Lung Cancer Screening Save vives. If you're fifty or older and have a history of smoking, call the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center at five one three five eight four long that's five eight four l U n G. Highway traffic looking good at the moment. I'm not seeing any major problems to add any extra time to your Thursday morning commute northbound seventy five no delay through the cut inbound seventy four or less than ten minutes between two seventy five at the coal rings split to the seventy five ramps which King Vermont fifty five k see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty on a Friday Eve and a very happy one too. One hour from now Donovan and Neil with a recap. Prior to that, Alex Trantefilo and Jay Raytler for eight thirty. The meantime over to the Phone's got a few callers online, beginning in the order in which they received, meaning Pete, you're up first, Pete, welcome to the show, and happy Friday Eve.
Speaker 7: Thanks Brian boy, you sure had some interesting callers this morning. I wanted to jump back to Will. I'm really sorry that he is so bitter and so upset about what's going on, but he's I think he's really missing far. He didn't understand that the Democratic Party has been the party of segregation. That slavery, as horrific as it is, was prolific all around the world and still is to some extent. But the United States was the first country on Earth to outlaws slavery. And I think it's like one hundred and sixty some thousand white people died to free the slaves and Donald Trump is the only living president or former president whose ancestors didn't own slaves. And like, right now there's a bunch of black podcasters that are really informative and really are starting to get it, and I mean there's so much I think it.
Speaker 1: Will would go back and.
Speaker 7: Find out the truth. He might be able to have a better perspective on what's going on. Yeah, and feel bad that he's so upset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was. I'm still feeling bad that he was so upset about it, because you know, he obviously is a Democrat, and he's called before and he expressed, you know, opposition and disagreement with some of the points that I'm making and expressed his own I haven't had Will's life experience. I don't know what he has gone through in his life. And it may be that he has been surrounded by people who are If I could use an FCC non compliant word right here, I would, but we'll just say outright jerks, racists, for example. He may have had experiences with people like that. Maybe he was surrounded by a bunch of outright races, people who hated him merely because he was a black man. I don't know, but I am. You know, I'm old enough and I've been around the block enough to know that not everybody's like that. I don't know anyone who even holds that position. Black, white, you know, my friends of different ethnicities and races and creeds. I don't know a single human being who feels that way about someone based on the color of their skin. I know people who hate, for example, a black person because they're a jerk, or they hate a white person because their experience with them draws them to the conclusion that they're a jerk and they don't want to hang out with them anymore. Hates a hard word, but y'all know, it just depends. It's like the content of character, boiled down thing. Someone who hates you merely because or despises you merely because the color of your skin, there's your outright racist. Thankfully, in my experience, in my life, I haven't run into that many of them, and in my modern sense and this day and age it's twenty twenty four, don't know a single one, And I don't personally believe our society is culturally racist. He has a different conclusion about that, But then again, that's the drum beat from the left. They want to perpetuate that myth. I think it's a myth. He doesn't, But I don't believe the country is racist. And you can note the progress throughout our country's history more and more moving to freedom, liberty, welcoming everybody into the tenth that is America to enjoy these freedoms and liberties that only we enjoy. So yeah, it was disappointing, But you know, he's entitled to his opinion, and of course I hope he analyzes it and thinks about it in a thoughtful way. Who knows, said he won't listen to the show anymore. Patrick, you're next, Welcome to the show. Thanks for indulging me while I got that out of my system. Patrick.
Speaker 18: Oh, hey, Brian, Sorry, I didn't hear the phone click on here, so I apologize about that. Sorry, Hey, I just had some post election political humor. So when I started looking at the election results, I decided to invest in the airlines because of I knew all the liberals who were going to be leaving the country when Donald Trump got elected. So would that be considered insider trading or knowledge?
Speaker 1: No, that's like conspiracy theory. You're just a pattern observer, so you know everybody was in. Everybody had access to that information. Patrick, you just exercise your option to trade on it. That's funny because Jay Ratliffe will be talking about airline stocks, which apparently like apparently across the board, everything else is jump through the roof yesterday. So I'll wait around for Jay rat if on that topic. Get eight thirty, Bobby, you'll be next. You just have to hang on at six thirty five. Right now at fifty five K see detalk station. An opportunity for me to mention Zimmer. Zimmer Heating and air conditioning more than seventy five years. You got three generations of wonderful folks that Zimmer are taking great care of you, keeping your HVAC systems running top notch. Get on a maintenance program. They've got those and it's a very I think are arguably a very low annual expense. So come over, check everything out, make sure it's clean, running efficiently. I know modern systems sometimes need software upgrades, and I know they can do that. They service a variety of different units and they are an authorized carrier of carrier. How's that carrier? The folks that have been at air conditioning and if you need a new air conditioning unit and I know we're getting late in the summer but still running at my house, just call Zimmer and you'll get a cool carrier comfort rebates. He means up to twenty one hundred dollars on those outstanding units. And think about your furnace. You can have the folks at Zimmer come out and give your furnace a thorough check out to make sure it's getting You're ready to hit the ground running in the wintertime and they're the leaders in twenty four hour days, seven day week emergency service. To learn more about Zimmer all the things that they can do for you and your home, as well as schedule appointment, head on over to the website that's go Zimmer dot com. Go Zimmer dot com, fifty five KRCT. You're nine first morning. By the forecast, two days going to be cloudy for the start, partly cloudy later with the highest seventies sixty one over night with a few clouds sixty four mostly Sunday skies tomorrow down to forty two overnight. Excuse me, Saturday is going to go to sixty three for the high with mostly sunny skies fifty six degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic update.
Speaker 10: From the UC Triumphings Centermum Cancer Screening saved vibes if you're fifty.
Speaker 1: Or older and have a history of smoking.
Speaker 10: Car the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center at five one three five eight four long. That's five one three five eight four wun g northbound four seventy one, beginning to fill in to cross the bridge. Add a couple of extra minutes. In bound seventy four. Continues to look good past Montana northbound seventy five, no delay in the cut. Chuck Ingramont fifty five KRS deep Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Six point forty Here I fifty about KRSD talks station Happy FRIDAYEF I get to the funds. Going back to Viva grammars me as a possible UH person to replace jd Vance. I like the guy, and I think he'd be excellent in that role. One of the callers said, well, he took Soro's money, which means he's going to own an obligation. Who said, no, I would take the money if I was in that position. It is going to change me politically. The money actually was a merit scholarship that he won, and it came from the polling Daisy Soros Fellowship for New Americans. Now that was the older brother of George Soro. Not that his politics are different, I don't know.
Speaker 19: But.
Speaker 1: And yeah, viva grammars from me. Actually was asked about this and he said basically what I just said. I'd either had read this before and forgot it, or he just has the same position that I had. My defense, that is, if someone gives you a merit scholarship at the age of twenty four, you take it. You take it. Said. I didn't say I didn't have the money. He said, at a time when I had a lot less money than now, fifty thousand dollars was still useful. Amen. The fool is the one who's not looking out for his own best interest to say they sen, I'm doing okay, my wife's doing okay, and we've been preparing for our future for a long time. But honestly, if you want to hand me over a scholarship, Brian Thomas right here saying I'll take it, I don't care if you're a far left winger, if you expect that money to buy me off and turn me into one you're the fool in that situation. Ip Be welcome to the show. Well, it's good to have you back on. Bobby.
Speaker 20: Hey, my brother, I didn't know. I didn't hear the clique, faith, flag, family and firearms, My brother, when you've got those who always have freedom, I guarantee you.
Speaker 1: That that's for sure. What's on your mind today.
Speaker 20: Well, people have to understand we're in the midst of a cultural revolution.
Speaker 5: You and uncle change the ideology of people.
Speaker 20: Look at the Ada, Calip counties in Ohio, for example, Cincinnati blood red, that's what they are. They're blood red, but they're blue in colored.
Speaker 1: Oh you mean common red as in the old way of referring to communists.
Speaker 20: Well, sure, Marxist communists, socialists, any way you want to put it. They're anarchists. But anybody in that area who do you think went ahead sent Melissa Powers to the curb and put Greg landsm and mister Lilli Marshamallo who in there in the first congressional district. It wasn't people in the outlying areas. It was Cincinnati. So they had nobody to blame but themselves on all their issues and all their problems. And I don't know why anybody would support them.
Speaker 1: Tell me why, well, I mean, from my little l libertarian perspective, I have no idea why someone would support a person like Greg Lansman. From my attorney litigation standpoint perspective, I have no idea why someone would even consider Connie Pillach on the left or right hand side, considering she's got zero experience for the job. I mean, she's not even qualified for the job. It just comes down to party politics, brother, you know, and houseman, Well, what.
Speaker 20: Was that appeasement? Everybody wants to be you know, I'll reach across the aisle and all that be hug and all this other stuff. It's not going to work. It's not going to work. People didn't understand the difference between a friend and a foe, and an adversary and an enemy. It's coming down to this eventually, people need to go ahead.
Speaker 1: Wake up. Well, uninformed people would break off into that argument, Bobby, and there are a lot of uninformed people who might you know, break off and believe in that argument. I just wish people were more informed on candidates' qualifications for the job, that they are more informed on specifics of policy positions. You know, Greg Lansman had a record that he could run on or run away from, as the case may be. I think Orlando Sonza was certainly a better option given his background, his qualification CPA prosecutor eminently qualified for the role, and of course Connie Pillag's zero experience for the job at all. Missile powers eminently qualified and miss of power is not overly political. She just ran the prosecutor's office as an office to fight crime, to prosecute people who had committed crime. That's what they're supposed to do, not necessarily supposed to go out and engage in political rallies all the time. And I don't know that she's the type of person that did that. Did she enjoy a Republican endorsement? Yes, did she attend Republican events in an effort to get real or to get elected. Of course she did because she was endorsed by the Republican Party and she was running against someone again and didn't have the qualifications. And if you sat everybody down in Hamilton County and showed them the record and pointed out the disparity and the distinction between the two, and if you were able just for a moment to look at matters objectively and vote based upon who you thought was going to do a better job. Then we'd be in a different position right now, Melissa Powers would have been elected. This is not people don't don't have people don't dedicate enough time to that type of research. I'm just thoroughly convinced of that, and I get it. I mean, I sit in front of listen and read all of this stuff all day long, talk about a four hours on the radio, go home and spend about four plus hours, you know, preparing for tomorrow's show, Get up two hours in front of show and learn even more and read even more in advance of the show. So I'm surrounded by this all the time, so I'm always paying attention. But that does not mean I expect the rest of the world to. But if they did, I think the outcome would be different. Six forty six fifty five KCD talk station. Steve and Micro on the phone, problems to take your calls in just a minute. I first one to mention cover sincey because you be like Jeff, my listener friend. Jeff takes my advice all the time, which I certainly appreciate. And he took my advice and called Cover sincey now he is the owner of a business. He's got a small business, and he decided to take me up on the challenge just get in touch with Cover since he and find out if there's a better way. And the better way led him to an improvement of his company's bottom line by more than fifty thousand dollars and his employees being happier about the better medical coverage that they are getting for less money. Now, it sounds like an impossible scenario. I recognize that and acknowledge it all the time. But I've been working with John Rowman and the team from Cover since he and speaking on their behalf for a while time, and I know that this kind of thing happens every single day. There is no open enrollment when you're working with Covers. Since you call them up, you say, help me out here, is there anything you can do better for me? And since they work with more than two hundred insurance companies and have access to thousands of insurance plans, they can put together a package of coverage that'll get your dollar one coverage that'll be less money across the board, better medical insurance experience, saving yourself money. You'll be very happy and the worst. The best thing you can maybe you can have it, is that there's nothing that can be done. You're in the best possible place, and they'll tell you that, and that won't cost you a dime. There's no obligation. Just get in touch with them. Five one three eight hundred twenty two fifty five five to one three eight hundred call or start the process by filling a format up the website coversincy dot com fifty five KRC the talk station. If you're a businessman, General nine says we have cloud this morning, partly cloudy skuys. Later today I have seventy over night lowis sixty one with a few clowns. Sixty four is mostly sunny skies tomorrow down to forty two over night sixty three for the high mostly sunny Saturday, fifty six degrees. Now it's time for traffic.
Speaker 10: From the UCF Tramfic Center, mung Cancer screening saved vibes if you're fifty year older and have a history of smoking. Carbee University of sends in any cancer center and five one three five eight four long that's five one three five to eight four wun g northbound fourth seventy one, beginning to fill in to cross the bridge, add a couple of extra minutes. In bound seventy four continues to look good. Pasts Montana northbound seventy five no delay in the cut. Chuck Ingramont fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six fifty one fifty five kr se the talk station Alex Chiontafila after the top of the R News. Looking forward to that election post mortem or recap, however you want to characterize it. If post depending on which side of political ledger you're on, post morton for Hamilton County, recap for the nation and the state. Let's see what Mike Scott to say. Mike, thanks for calling this morning. Steve, hang on to get your call next. Hi, Brian, real quick.
Speaker 21: Donald Trump went in the presidency yesterday thirty announced it tots in the down jams uh big cooins at record highest seventy four thousand dollars. He just got elected and then happened. And I don't even want to imagine if Kamala Harris would have won, what would have happened.
Speaker 1: Well, I think in some I don't I mean, listen, you know, I don't play a stock market analyst on radio, and I certainly don't report to be one, but some of the points, and that's what was a predicate for some of my comments this morning. The market surge was as a consequence of how overwhelming the victory was. There was no question marks, There was not going to be any lawfare, There isn't going to be any dangling Chad litigation. It went on rug on for weeks and weeks, which throws in market uncertainty. I think if Kamala Harris had won overwhelmingly, the market, like it always does, will react accordingly and can deal with whatever political party is in office. We hear about that all the time with money Monday, and they have been for years. So the markets, it's capable of adjusting to any administration and you can still make money, even probably not as much in a left wing administration. But I think they expect regulations to be reduced. Obviously, the idea of drilling and pursuing our natural resources is going to be more open and probably more likely now maybe the price of energy will go down accordingly, which will lower business expenses for everybody. There's a whole multitude of reasons for why the market would have gone up when you think about what might be under a Trump presidency or a Trump administration. But when you take out the uncertainty part, when you know that there's not going to be this drawn out, you know concern that is certainly going to give people a lot of sense of security and optimism as well. So don't discount that component of it. Steve, Thanks for holding there, and welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, good morning. Haven't talked to you in a couple of weeks. I am three years older than you. I retired in April at sixty two and immediately started working part time, so three days a week I work, getting up very early in the morning, so I did not check, but I didn't stay up watching the election returns. I woke up in the morning like you and checked it. I expected the usual slap in the face because most of the times I'm disappointed with the election results. I was very happy with what I saw. I like what Mississippi James said, the pendulum back and forth. Life is too short. If he had lost, life goes on. I'm not going to get angry about it. Yeah, one life to live, enjoy it. But what I did yesterday because I was off yesterday. I actually had the race and I was flipping around on the TV and I don't watch a lot of news on TV. And I'll make this real quick. I know we're getting close to the break, but I watched a little bit of Fox, a little bit of CNN, a little bit of MSNBC. They're not the problem you have too far right, too far left. CNN's not as bad as I thought they were going to be. I mean, they're you know, they're leaning left, but they're kind of middle of the road. But I was watching. The problem is news is on twenty four hours a day and people watch it all day. That's the problem with all of them. But the funniest thing on CNN is that you've heard you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows from Bob Dylan. Well, sometimes if it's raining outside, you don't need the weather man. Just look outside the window. But they had a map of the United States, and I mean, this is an over generalization, but the New England states on the east coast are blue. Everything's red except Illinois. And then you've got you know, the west coast states are blue. Everything else is red, and they're trying to figure out what happened, and it's like, is it possible the Democrat party is out of touch with the working class and we've become a party of the coastal elites.
Speaker 13: And they were like, well, no, I don't how I just turn around behind you, look at the map. Yes, the answer is right behind you. The answer is yes. And somehow you don't connect with working class people. It doesn't matter what color they are. But you know, it's it's basic stuff. People want to be able to afford things. They don't want fifteen million people coming into the country because then we've all got we've got the same number of doctors and teachers.
Speaker 6: So that's a problem. So it's like, just some common sense. But enjoy your day. Life is short, enjoy it.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that point very much, Steve. And the other thing is, you know, the many, many minorities excuse me again, who went over in spite of you know, holding their nose type of vote, went over and supported Trump, including many within the Hispanic community, did so because their neighborhoods were being ruined and overwhelmed resources soaked up by illegal immigrants. In the unchecked a flow of immigrants across the southern border, and you only have the Biden Harris administration to blame for that. Why would you want to reward that? Hold your nose. Vote for Donald Trump, and maybe we'll get the border secure in my neighborhood. We'll have the resources that used to have before the fifty thousand people showed up, you know, increasing the population of any given neighborhood by you know, doubling. So yeah, there's that. And then I firmly believe they did themselves no favors with the woke ideology. I don't know a single human being who really cares one way or another whether you're gay or straight or anything. But when it comes to men being in the women's locker rooms and men, you know, boxing women or competing in women's sports, it just isn't It's a bridge too far. And they embrace that completely and called you names if you didn't embrace it yourself. That's not a winning strategy. Six fifty seven, Ox strout to fuel after the top of the our News. I hope you can stick around when.
Speaker 2: You want to know, when you need to know, when you have to know, you can be in the know right here.
Speaker 1: On fifty five KRS the Talk station.
Speaker 4: This reap.
Speaker 16: Every American deserves to have their voice heard.
Speaker 1: Your voice was heard, is your voice hear?
Speaker 3: Here's what I'm thinking he needs to do right away?
Speaker 1: What do you think? I think we can finally start to turn things around for New Years talking about the future. Fifty five KRC the Talk Station. It's seven oh six here fifty five KRC Detalk Station. A very very happy Friday eve to you, extra special day with a recap on the election, generally speaking, Welcome back to the fifty five KRCE Morning Show. It's also a pleasure to have him on the show. Head of the Ohio Republican Party, Alex Triantafilo. Alex, welcome back, my friend, Brian.
Speaker 8: Always good to be with you, especially post election, sir.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm glad we can be in at least a celebratory mood on a national scale and a statewide scale, not so much in Hamilton County. We'll get to that later, but let's talk about Ohio to start with. Of course, obviously Trump just way ahead in Ohio in terms of the number of votes, but Bernie Marina got him in office thanks to the hard work for a lot of folks including door knockers, Americans for Prosperity, and riding the co tales of a successful Trump presidency, no question about it.
Speaker 8: Look, briand we had a banner night in Ohio, and you know, I have been in charge of the Ohio Republican Party for nearly two years, and I know what happened here in my hometown. But you know, I cannot not just thank Ohioans really, and really at Hamilton County in southwest Ohio plays a big role in delivering a lot of votes for big, big wins across the board. So what we do sometimes is Republican does not stop and evaluate our own success. We had a wildly successful night across the state of Ohio on the Tuesday, and we're thrilled Bernie Marino being first among that list.
Speaker 1: I mean, we many have tried.
Speaker 8: To take out Sharon Brown. We've had a campaign after campaign in my life really since the mid two thousands to try to take out a career far left wing Democrat, and finally the Ohio Republican Party in Bernie Marino was successful and getting that done. So we're wildly happy and you know, just very very proud of Bernie. Bernie is an extraordinary candidate. I said it to you many times and your listeners. I've set it across Ohio as a campaigned with Bernie on his bus and everywhere. This is a special guy, Brian.
Speaker 5: He really is.
Speaker 8: He's wildly intelligent, he is hard working, his heart is in the right place. He's got a business background. He'll be a strong conservative voice for our values in DC. So I couldn't be more happy with the win, the Bernie Marino victory over forever politician Shared brown Man.
Speaker 1: I'm certainly glad that Kamala Harris ran as dismal a campaign as she did, because you know, coattails are very, very important, and Kamala Harris just didn't bring an a game. I don't know that she was capable of it, but I don't know how you can get elected a higher office by just running a campaign based upon simply calling your opponent names.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was a frustration I had throughout this campaign, and really it's a frustration I have today in modern American po politics. Look, Brian, Donald Trump ran a campaign of ideas, and again, the pundits in the press will never say that because they hate him so much. But when Donald Trump just for instance, does build a wall. He's talking about an issue immigration. He's telling you I want to steal the southern border with a physical wall. Now he simplifies it in that way. When Donald Trump says drill, baby, drill, he says, I want to produce more American energy to make the cost of goods stuper Brian. Those are policy proposals. Let's have a good state are discussion. If you're a Democrat and you think that a wall doesn't work, let's at least debate that instead. The Democrats said, he's a Nazi, he's a threat to democracy, he's a bad human being. Well guess what. He just won one of the most outstanding victories really in the history of modern American politics. He stands poison to win the popular vote, something we do not see because states like California New York end up seeing low Republican turnout because they know they can't win those states.
Speaker 1: In the electoral college.
Speaker 8: So you know, we're about to have one of the great victories in modern American politics. Because the Democrats refused to talk about issues. So Kamala Harris was a bad Tannic because she kept playing the same Democratic playbook, which is to demonize one human being rather than discuss the kitchen table issues that Americans care about the most. America has dealt with a shrinking middle class, higher prices for everything, a southern border that makes it feel like we barely have a country left. So you know we have for that reason. You know, we have Donald Trump going back to the White House. You know we're gonna have a Senate majority. I'm crossing my fingers. We have a House majority. And in Ohio, you know, we again had big wins for state Supreme Court and especially on Issue one, which you may ask about. But yeah, film good today as Republicans.
Speaker 1: Well, it looks like we already got the House based upon the polling I've seen this more of the numbers I've seen this morning, at least in terms of who they've declared the winners. So I think it's across the board sweep. See here. Yeah, I do want to gravitate over to Issue one because I'm real quick. On the Democrats side of the ledger, I get the impression that, you know, while a lot of Democrats and a lot of traditional Democrats, did you know whether they or not they held their nose or actually embraced Trump. They voted for him, which is unusual. Large chunks of the Black population, large chunks of the Jewish population, large chunks of the Hispanic population. I got the impression, and I think the numbers tell a tale. A lot of Democrats just sat it out. They didn't show up. They weren't convinced Kamalo was the right person for the job. But they didn't mean they were going to go out and vote for Trump.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, the Democrats definitely have a turnout problem. And you know, I have a party leader. You know, I'm not going to be a candidate ever in my life.
Speaker 1: I will tell you that.
Speaker 8: As a party leader, I know that turning out your vote is the number one obligation of the political parties. And you know, our machine was just better. Our machine is better, certainly better at Ohio, better even at him the county. Believe or not that we're just outnumbered there by people who believe otherwise. But you know, the turnout machine by the Republicans is just far superior. And you know, Kamala Harris energized no one. You know, she was a bad candidate in their primary for president, which is why she never really faced the Democratic voters. And then by time, they you know, kind of fixed the process for her to be the nominee without you know, a single Democrat casting a vote in the primary. There was just no energy there. And you know, again on Kamala, we know this, Brian. I mean, everybody talked about one of the reasons Biden held on as long as he did is because they knew they just didn't have a good candidate. And look, I'm not into bashing candids after they lose, but Kamala Harris is a far left wing liberal. She's not in the mainstream of American politics. So you know, it was a mismatch from the beginning, and Democrats just weren't excited about her.
Speaker 1: Well, and the other change in this election and it was a radical shift from the traditional norms. Republicans got out early and voted. They negated the normal advantage Democrats have when they walk into the polling place.
Speaker 8: This is on election day, one more time part of the operator in the machine. I mean, I you know, again, my my Hamilton County would rather knew this when I was here.
Speaker 1: And then I went to Ohio and I walked into a.
Speaker 8: Room full of Ohio as a Republican activist Brian and I say it's okay, and the room responds to vote that way. I mean, it became a little bit although a little hokey, a little corny, it works in politics. But you know, I went around Ohio and we've said it's okay to vote that way and mean to get out.
Speaker 1: And vote early.
Speaker 8: We were blown away by the early vote numbers. Now, to be fair, a lot of those early voters were going to be with us anyway. By locking them in and turning them out early. You know, it's all part of the job of the Republican machine, the of the you know, of the operator class of which I am a part of, and that is to turn people out.
Speaker 1: And we were thrilled.
Speaker 8: To see that early vote and to see Republicans embrace it. It worked for us.
Speaker 1: It certainly did, and I appreciate your efforts in that regard and appreciate everybody who got out and voted early. Now moving over to Issue one, I really thought I would wake up in the morning and see that issue won. It actually passed, given the millions and millions of out of state and foreign money to float into the state to try to convince us that that was the right thing to do, enshrining jerrymandering in a group of unelected officials. Lo and behold that didn't work. That was amazing.
Speaker 8: You know, I put us on my social media, on my Facebook this morning because I'm just sharing of a lot of our party faithful. This is maybe the most rewarding win of my time in politics. And it's not my win. It's a win for the Republicans, led really by Bob Paducciic, my predecessor, and by a lot of people in the state House. We were a big part of it, the Ohio GOP. But again it was a team effort.
Speaker 1: Brian.
Speaker 8: I actually sent a message to my executive director about twenty minutes ago, and I might have used the explictis, but I said we won by eight I hadn't really looked ultimately at the result because you know, it was a very late night Tuesday. I'm trying to get over some kind of a head cold thing here. But anyway, I didn't really closely look. I knew we won, but we won that by eight percentage points. Issue one, here's why you just at it once Ohioan's understood it. The far left believes that Americans are stupid.
Speaker 5: They just do it.
Speaker 8: They think that they can just pass things by the American people and they're not paying attention. Once people got involved, they realized this was not citizens led. This was forty million dollars an out of state left wing special interest dollars pouring into Ohio. They got a former you know, former justice of the Supreme Court Frankly to be a bit of a stooge for that. Yeah, say, oh, this is citizen led. It not. It wasn't anything like that. This was an effort to strip you, the voter, of your rights in the process of doing important public business. Had our press been honest, you would have known about it sooner. But once Ohioan's understood it, they blew it away. Winning that issue by eight percentage points was amazing. You know, I can tell you we did seventy thousand yard signs, bus tours. We had a grassroots effort, kind of unprecedented for the party. We got our yard signs, then we had them out in about three days and about eighty of Ohio's eighty eight counties, so you know, it was it was a wonderful, wonderful win. It's important for Ohiolands. You want to be able to elect the people that do public business. You don't want far left special interest groups stripping you of your rights. So Issue one was an outstanding result for Ohio. And by the way, Hamilton County was strong in Issue one. Southwest Ohio was strong and Issue one, and they continue to play an important role in what's happening here statewide.
Speaker 1: All right, let's pause weble bring Alex Trounce FeelA back to talk about Hamilton County. Also, maybe chime in on the across the board victory of the Supreme Court race seven sixteen fifty five K see the talk station. Why don't boost your festivities this season? Get a hassle free holiday loan from Memory Federal Credit Union. You can spread cheer, enjoy with the cash you can get with this loan. You can need money for gifts, travel, home improvements you need travel for, or money for anything that makes you happy. Get money for anything it doesn't make you happy. The point being if members get one point eighty five percent off the holiday loan while it lasts to offer ends December thirty first Emory Federal Credit Union, it's a better way to bank, and their loan rates are always outstanding and this is one point eighty five percent. They're already low rate. So for more information to apply for a personal loan. To learn more about banking with Emory, either contact any Emory Federal Credit Union location branch or apply online at Emory FCU dot org EMORYFCU dot org again. Offer ends December thirty first, and certain restrictions apply. And I'm a less number four zero one zero eight seven federally insured NCUA Equal Housing lender.
Speaker 22: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: For a financial point. Quick weather here, Cloud's the most part today, seventy for the high overnight lowes sixty one sun and sixty four. Tomorrow clouds and forty two overnight and sixty three and are mostly sunny skies on Saturday fifty five. Now time for traffic.
Speaker 10: From the ucltram Thingk Center. Lung cancer screening saved vives. If you're fifty year older and have a history of smoking, call the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center at five one three five eight four long that's five eight four o un g starting to load up on the highways.
Speaker 1: Had a couple of.
Speaker 10: Extramen in seveth bend seventy five through Lockman in northbound seventy five between Buttermilk and Kyle's northbound four seventy one. That's running heavy from Grand into town Ingram on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: The talk station seven nineteen comed up in seven twenty Ryan Thomas here with the head of the Ohio Republican Party, Alex Charnceipila, doing a little analysis city election. Not much need to be said. I think it's considering pretty much a clean sweep Republican side on Ohio generally. It doesn't come as a surprise to me that all three open Supreme Court seats went Republican.
Speaker 8: Well, that's right, and again we were deliberate and selecting three wonderful canates for those races, two of them from right here in southwest Ohio. Megan Shannan, you know, perhaps one of the best judges ever to serve here in Hamilton County, now elevated to the state's highest court, My good and dear friend, Justice Joe Leaders, who's the longest serving prosecutor in Hamilton County history. And then there's a great guy named Dan Hawkins who's a judge up in Franklin County in Columbus, who is a former prosecutor as well. You're very briefly on those guys. We selected guys with prosecute guys and women in Megan Chanta and with prosecutorial experience going you know, going into the the to the bench. And you know, again you and I are lawyers, and we know there's a significant side of that part of that work that's civil in nature. But when the general public looks at their judges, they want judges to keep them safe. And we knew politically that we had judges and had a history of trying to keep you in our community safe and that was going to work. So we had three great candidates, all three one pretty comfortably statewide. All three worked very very hard. So you get excited about big wins fur three justices, and that makes our court, by the way, here in Ohio fix Republicans to only one Democrats. So again the Republican Party continues to.
Speaker 5: Dominate in Ohio.
Speaker 1: Well, and I know you set me up intentionally with the comment prosecutorial experience. As we pivot over to Hamilton County, where a demonstrably unqualified person is now the ham or will now be the Hamlin County prosecutor.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's that you know again, Jennifer, my wife and I were in Columbus, have been largely out of the region for most of the month. We you know, we were watching with one eye, you know, back home, because Hamilin County certainly matters, I know, to your listeners and to people in southwest Ohio, and this race matters. It's a reality that, you know, the bigger urban centers continue to be a challenge for Republicans once you get outside of Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati, of course, you know, it's much safer, better, cleaner schools, or better everything is about, you know, better where Republicans are. But the fact of the matter is that was a tough, tough race, and I'm very proud of my friend Melissa Power. She ran a strong, strong campaign, Brian, you know, almost two point five million dollars ultimately raised. I mean, for anybody who knows the inside workings of politics, that's that's just hard work. That's that's getting people to commit to invest in you. That's very, very hard. Melissa made this very close. If you look carefully at the results here in Hamilton County, no other Republican got really close to winning. You know, a case with a partisan label on it like that race. No one got that close, and you know, it's a shame, It's a shame. Most of powers was by far the better candidate. We've seen this in American politics, you know, where people just put out their jerseys and qualifications hardly matter, and that's kind of what happened here. So you know, that's just a tough one. There's there's no no looking back on that. Feel terrible for Hamilton County and I hope to God that you know, the guard rails that we have in place, you know, a good police officers and you know a few of our good judges will hold that office accountable and make sure that they're doing what they're supposed to do, and that is to oppose publics do to help us keep public order, public safety. And again worried about that one did not like that result one bit.
Speaker 1: Well, and things change out in California after they experience their woke view of policing and the judiciary, they obviously went the opposite direction. I guess I've been saying, well, last one out, bring the flag, as the Republican Party kind of written off Hamilton County completely at this JUNC. Sure are you still going to keep fighting there, Alex, Oh.
Speaker 8: God, no, no, you cannot write it off. And there's something very important for people to know. First of all, my experience of statewide will tell you that there is a thriving Republican party in Columbus, and there's a thriving Republican party in Cleveland, and there is a thriving Republican party here in Hamilton County. There are races outside of these, right there are township trustee races. And you know, there are eight big townships here in Hamilton County that comprise a large segment of the population a lot. And if you live there del High and Anderson and Green, you have Republicans governing you there. And that's better. Believe me, you're better to live in Green Township than you are in the City of Cincinnati. Your taxes are lower, your police force is well funded, you've got good school systems. So those are all Republicans and they governed, and your Republican Party is very active in those races. Also, Brian, this is important. Hamilton County sent one hundred and sixty eight thousand votes plus one hundred and sixty eight thousand votes Q ohioans to elect Donald Trump. Just by by contrast, Butler County, a great, strong Republican county, sent one hundred and twelve thousand votes to the state. So Ohio or Hamilton County will play a key role in keeping Ohio a red red state. So there shouldn't be any thought that you shutter the doors in the Hamilton County Republican Party. That's Frankly, that's crazy talk. You must keep a strong Republican organization in every county in Ohio to help us continue to win Ohio for Republicans and keep common sense conservative governance in place around the state. So any idea that one race, you know, look, there's not a Republican prosecutor in Franklin County. That's Columbus. There's not a Republican prosecutor in Cleveland, in Tuyahoga County. They continue to do the important work of electing Republicans, not on these super high profile races, but all the way across the bard from Ohio, all the way down to your local townships to compete in judge ships, state representative races. You know, we've got Mike Odoso and Cindy Abrams. Yeah, Bill Blessing and other important Republicans here, so by not enough. Should we stop functioning here at Hanilby County?
Speaker 1: Continue to be a cheerleader. That's great. And finally, abso brief worder, I would expect no less from you, Alex, and a brief word or two. Dwine's going to have an opportunity to replace Sadie Vans's seat, and my listeners are sadly disappointed by the earliest indication, which was going to be Matt Dolan. There's a bunch of rhinos on the list. I will call them that. You don't have to agree with me, because I know how you have to protect across the board of the Republican name. But is Dwine going to listen to anyone? Will he get like they do with judges, Central Committee recommendations and consider them. Will he consider someone perhaps out a little more outside the box than he is typically inclined to do as a more moderate Republican Alex, Yeah, this is.
Speaker 8: The governor's decision one hundred percent. And you know, I honestly don't know if he'll convene any kind of a process that certainly wouldn't include the Central Committee in order I expect it to. He is statutorally obligated to make this decision, and he will. So you know, we'll see what the governor does. Look, I have high confidence in the governor. You may not share that, but I have high confidence in the governor to wine. I think he's an intelligent man. I think he's going to carefully weigh all the considerations.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 8: Listen, my laying in this and I'll say this publicly, and I'll say.
Speaker 1: It to the governor.
Speaker 8: My laying in this is winning Republican seats in Ohio. And I just want to win that Senate seat. For whoever gets a.
Speaker 1: Jd.
Speaker 8: Vance was so good as a United States Senator from Ohio that he was selected to be the next Vice President of the United States. I just want to win that seat, and that's going to be my singular focus.
Speaker 1: Let's find a great.
Speaker 8: Candidate that can win, and I'll entrust the governor to do his job.
Speaker 1: All right, get someone to fire up the base critical in that Alex Chranzpilo, thank you for the time you spend my listeners of me today. I appreciate your thoughtful analysis. I'll look forward to talking with you again down the road and congratulations, your hard work paid off clearly here in Ohio.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much. Take care of now brod.
Speaker 1: You two seven twenty seven fifty five Kercity Talk station. Save money, Get your car into Foreign Exchange, get it fixed with a full warranty on parts of the service by an ASC certified Master technician, and don't pay as much money as you would pay at the dealer. That is the point of Foreign Exchange. Been going there for years. I've saved all kinds of money. And while they do, they do service all imported autobiles, whether they're from Europe or Asia, traditional European Asian manufacturers. Honestly, I don't even know where they manufacture Tesla's, but welcome to EV's. They are now fully trained to service your Tesla EV. So take it to Foreign Exchange and save money over Elon Musk's dealership. Westchester is where I go the Foreign Exchange location in west Chester. That's the Tylersville exit off of seventy five. Head east off the exit two streets hanging right on Kinglin. Just there the other day with my wife's car, and I sure know I save money on that, considering it was parts in labor on a German guard Ford Exchange online for an X dot com form theletter X dot com. Tell brianson I when you call it five one three six four four twenty six twenty six six four four twenty six, twenty.
Speaker 11: Six fifty five KRC.
Speaker 23: If you're a business owner, driving sales is a priority and the formula for marketing success.
Speaker 11: It's reach times, response.
Speaker 23: Rate equals results, and no platform reaches the customers your business needs.
Speaker 11: Like radio.
Speaker 23: At iHeartMedia, we provide unmatched reach throughout radio stations, podcasts, and digital streaming platforms. Maximize your results. My driving response from our massive audience. Visit iheartadvertising dot com. Don't wait, holiday shopping has already started. That's Iheartadvertising dot com.
Speaker 22: Well, we started smapdoor projects to finish before the nasty weather gets here. Gary Salvin here to remind you. At schuelof Tool Rental has the right equipment to help you get things done.
Speaker 1: If you need a.
Speaker 22: Stump grinder, overseat or lawn air raider or mini letters, shoel Off's the place to go. They can help your project run smoother and faster, plus save you time and money, So give them a call. Five one three nine six one eleven twenty tour. Visit the website at schooloff dash tool dot com, Open Monday through Friday, seven thirty to five and Saturdays from eight to four.
Speaker 24: Hey bo amen, we have another extra special guest coming up I think do you want to reveal who will be on our show? Yes, we will be joined by Glinda from the upcoming Wicket film, The One the Only Ariana Grande who is in the studio with us.
Speaker 1: Do not miss this episode. You'll be changed for good.
Speaker 24: Listen to Lost Culture Rests on America's number one podcast network iHeart open your free iHeart app and search Lost Culture Restats and start listening.
Speaker 25: Dale Donovan here for my favorite cause. Goodwill Auto Auction just one car. Your car can help provide rehabilitation, training, employment services to individuals in need. Every vehicle donated to Ohio Valley Goodwill is resold through Goodwill's Auto Auction and one hundred percent of the revenue generated goes to provide funding for Goodwill services. You may be eligible for tax deduction and always a free toe and Goodwill handles all the paperwork.
Speaker 1: Call six one two fifty nine eighty to donate.
Speaker 25: To your local Goodwill or visit their website at goodwillcars dot com.
Speaker 1: Quick Chann, I have first one of weather forecasts. Got clouds to day with the highest seventy few clouds every night down to sixty one. Tomorrow mostly sun with the highest sixty four few clouds every night down to forty two. Saturday is going to be in mostly sunny day going up to sixty three fifty five degrees. Right now, time for traffic update.
Speaker 10: Chuck from the UCL Tramphans Center Bung cancer screening saved BYES if you're fifty year older and have a history of smoking. Called the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center at five one three five eight four one. That's five one three five eight four. L u n G sapbound seventy one getting a bit heavier approaching fifer stapbound seventy five continues to run an extra five in and out of Lachlan in Bend seventy four.
Speaker 1: That's not bad.
Speaker 10: At Montana Ingram on fifty five kr C, the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty to fifty five care talk station of course on the heels Alex Tranfilo giving us the positive spin on the outcome of the election, which of course we deserve. We have many, many, many thanks to pass out among so many hardworking folks out in the front lines that helped secure that overwhelming victory, including Bernie Marino and what are the guys behind the scenes it was doing all the coordination and helping facilitate you and me and everyone else getting to the front doors of folks and interacting. Welcome back from Americans for prosperity, Donovan and Neil. Congratulations Donovan on the hard work, and a much appreciation for my audience.
Speaker 14: Brian, thank you and thanks so many of your audience who helped helped make that all happen.
Speaker 1: Much appreciated. Well, I guess the first question because it's I'm sitting on the edge of my seat when we know it worked. Whatever number of doors you had knocked on, you were going to try to get to a million doors in the state of Ohio over the course of the run up to the election. Were able to make it with your AFP action dot com work.
Speaker 14: Yes, and in fact, our total we took, we took a full assessment of all the doors, the dials, the work that folks put in over two million voter contacts Wow reached here in the state of Ohio that helps, you know, us have that impact to make that lift happen and have the ultimately have that successful result. We were we were all thrilled to see happen Tuesday evening.
Speaker 1: Well, certainly appreciate the effort of everyone who did the door knocking and the hard work. Now what again, I'll go clearly success. I even say cottails of Donald Trump. You can say whatever you want, people's disappointment or are disdain for shared brown whatever, But obviously the interaction worked well, and I loved how you kept reporting and kept giving my listeners updates on how positive the connection was. Regardless of whose door you're knocking on that you had good experiences with the run of the everyday vote, or whether they were Republicans or Democrats. You never know when you're gonna knock on a door. But the enthusiasm that you generated among my audience and me for getting people to do that because of the experience that people were having, It's like, you mean, I don't have to worry about being yelled at or getting my head bitten off, And the answer is no. That was a wonderful message you got out and I think it was very effective and it was positive.
Speaker 14: Well yeah, you know, I think, you know, folks feel like the political environment is so heated.
Speaker 1: In a lot of ways.
Speaker 14: It is, but I think that some of the work that we do right and having the canvas in con the conversations we have while canvassing Ohio into Ohio and vot a voter it actually is, is really refreshing. And I think for a lot of our volunteers, the folks who worked with us throughout the cycle, they actually I think came away with a renewed positivity about the future of our country, right because they realized, Hey, I go knock on someone's door, you know, blue Ash, talk to them about what they're concerned about. Oftentimes as we'd hear about concerns about the economy and talk kind of help cast a positive vision if they support the candidate that we're out there supporting in this case, you know, Bernie Moreno, right, and you know, you begin I think to rebuild some of the divide that we have right now just by.
Speaker 1: Having that civil dialogue and.
Speaker 14: Interaction after interaction, right, million voter doors that we talk to right, go to those doors, million doors. You know, I can only think of one or two scenarios. Brian I'll be candid about it. One or two scenarios where I had someone call me and say, hey, uh, that wasn't a very fun conversation I had, And I say, well, hey, look, not everyone's going to be great. But you think about that, right out of all the conversations we've had so much positivity, you might agree to disagree.
Speaker 1: In some cases.
Speaker 14: Yeah, the never the fire rhetoric or the kinds of horror stories you might think about. Given how fraud our political environment is, canvas saying, getting out talking to folks, it makes a difference. It makes an impact, especially when you're casting a positive vision like we do through the work that we accomplished by endorsing candidates like Bernie me right now.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's one of the reasons I bring that aspect. The reality of your interactions with people from across the political spectrum overall with a couple of Aulliers was generally positive or at least civil. You can see what that does because it's real life experience and you have basically what ten percent of the state's population that you talk to. Illustrates perhaps the narrative that we've been sold online that there isn't anything with this stark anger yelling division within the American population is the nonsensical or wrong position or doesn't really reflect the reality of what's going on in America.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I don't think it does reflect what's really going on in America. I mean, even down to the Monday afternoon when I was out there talking to voters, there were a number of folks who were just fed up with the TV ads, fed up with the mail and all the other things that they see that are just filled with negativity. But the conversations were still healthy, the conversations were still impactful, and they actually I believe Brian made the difference, right, because when you have a human being and you can look them in the eyes and I can talk about why I'm supporting Bernie Moreno, and I can hear from them about the concerns, you know, this particular voter might have about the future of our country. We break through the noise, we break through the slick, sometimes deceptive advertising, and we can actually talk, as Ohioan's about what we care about. And that's I mean, that's game changing, right, Like you see.
Speaker 1: On election Day, it is. And of course afpaction dot Com is will help help change that game and involved in all this work. What's good? What goes on from this point forward? Since the election's over, it's in the bag. What's what does AFP? And I know you're doing work throughout the year, and you can always use help in the form of financial contributions, and I encourage my listeners to do just that AFP Action Dot. But what does AFP Action do now that the race is over moving forward this year?
Speaker 14: Well, now I go back and we put I put on that C four hat for a for Americans for Prosperity Ohio. It's a state director for them, and we go to Columbus and we start getting work done. In the lame duck session. There's a lot of really bad policy and a few pieces of good policy maybe and come back next week or here in the coming weeks and talk through.
Speaker 8: Some of that.
Speaker 14: But we've got that coming up. So you know, legislators are going to go back to their jobs and what a what a what a good elected officials like to do, find creative ways to spend our hard earned tax dollars to keep We're going to remind them, listen, folks, you can't paignt on promises of reigning in the spending, cutting taxes, empowering families, uh, getting the cronies out of energy, and we're going to keep.
Speaker 1: Honest on that. So that's that's what's coming up both.
Speaker 14: From the State House to the White House and Capitol Hill. There's a lot of work to be done to now get the policy enacted, that positivision we talk about at the doors, get that positive vision enacted, and keep these folks on us once they're in their position of power.
Speaker 1: Well, Americans for prosper to be taking any role in trying to convince Governor Mike Dwine to put in and replace jd Vance's seat with someone who actually, uh maybe reflects more the conservative values of the Republican Party and keep them away from appointing or rheow. I'm sure we'll we'll weigh in and have our voice heard there.
Speaker 14: Right, We've got so many activists with such an invested interest in the future of this country that making sure that we, you know, whoever replace Jade Vance with as he goes to the White House, we get somebody who matches our values just like Bernie Marino does. We've got a great opportunity now with two concept two conservative centers representing the state of Ohio at the same time.
Speaker 1: Does Donovan O'Neill himself not representing anybody but Donovan O'Neill have a preference for that. I think there are a lot of good candidates.
Speaker 5: I get asked this question a long time read.
Speaker 14: I think there's we've got a lot of great public servants here in the state of Ohio. And look at Frank Rose, who ran a great primary, or this year, you've got folks like Lieutenant Governor Houstead. You've got there's a number of folks right out there who I think will put there hat in the ring or be considered. And we've got some good We've got some good opportunities right future ahead.
Speaker 1: Sound a lot like Alex Charancefila treading that delicate line between supporting any of the above on behalf of the conservative side of the ledger and actually suggesting someone that you would personally want in the role. I get it done, and then I'm not going to give you any more of a hard time on that. I kind of was hoping VV GRAMDMA Swimming would get the job because I like that guy. I've talked to him, interviewed him, and he's brilliant. So anyhow, Donald and Neil.
Speaker 14: Here he articularly, it's a great vision for the conservative movement. You've heard him on the you heard him on the presidential debate stage. I again another we're blast with an abundance of riches.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, Until we talk again, donald' neil, thanks again for hard work, Thanks for rallying the troops and getting into the front doors. And congratulations on meeting the goals, not only just the number of doors, but successfully getting Bernie Morino elected. Until we talk again, keep up the great work, Donovan, thanks for everything. Brain My pleasure seven forty one, forty two actually fifty five care CD talk station, chimney care fireplace and stove. Take care of the safety. You keep your mind. You've got plenty of time between now and the frozen tunder when you're gonna want to put the fireplace in full use. Whatever kind of firebox you got free standing stoves, of course, included in that the self feeding wood waste pellet stoves or inserts wood burners. Gas stoves also or fireplaces also need to be inspected. You get ventilation issues, got carbon monoxide potential. You also have the typical any kind of chimney system issues like water damage, tuck pointing, maybe the lining's been damaged, or if you have a wood burner, maybe the lining's cracked because of a prior chimney fire. You probably wouldn't even know you had one. Well, that's what an inspection is all about. And the certified folks the Chimneycare Fireplace has still have been doing this since nineteen eighty eight. They enjoyed a plus with the Better Business Bureau and they literally can handle anything related to any type of firebox, chimney or free standing stove. They also have a massive selection of the fourgoing showrooms located a four to thirteen Ward's Corner Road. That's where I got my fireplace and serve, replacing the old one which was dangerous, and I really appreciate the inspection I got on that one because it could have been a real problem for me if I had not had the had the inspection. Take care of your safety. Get in touch with the Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove, have them check it all out. They'll fix anything that needs to be fixed, and of course can install the free standing stoves or inserts, what have you. Go ahead and get it done. Now you got time five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred online Chimneycare co dot Com.
Speaker 11: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Is your nine first warning weather forecast. Got mostly cloudy skies today mostly to partly cloudy. It's little change over the time seventy for the high anyway over night low sixty one with a few clowns sixty four to the high tomorrow with mostly sunny sky down to forty two overnight high sixty three on Saturday, and again mostly sunny. Right now it's fifty four degrees. It's time for a traffic update from Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 10: From the UCL Tranthic Centerm on cancer screening save lives if you're fifty or older and have a history of smoking. Called the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center at five one three five eight four long that's five eight four l u n G. Southbound seventy one continues to build over a fifteen minute delay now above Field Turtle often on down to Red Bank northbound four to seventy one.
Speaker 1: That's getting heavy.
Speaker 10: Out of Southgate northbound seventy five break light start at turf Way and continue into the Cut southbound seventy five, heaviest in and out of Auckland, Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC need Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty eighty, talks at five one, seight two three, Talk Found five fifty on eight and t F on a Top of the R News, a return of our legal expert Steve Gooden from Port Right. He is going to be talking about what happens now with the various Trump lawsuits, and that a very interesting discussion that should be I love when Steve comes on the program. Brilliant man is he? Jay Ratliff, I heard media aviation expert, also brilliant, also hilarious and fun. And I love closing out the show on a Friday Eve with Jay Ratliff. I hope you enjoyed as much as I do. We will hear from him on a variety of topics, including like every other stock out there, Lord Almighty, the will Pay markets went through the roof yesterday, I think, the fifth largest game in a single day at the aftermath of the Trump election, which, as I started out the morning show observing, I do believe. And I'll skip Jay's position on this as well, because he's an astute Trader. I think the jump had a lot to do with the fact that it is really large. I don't know if there's going to be some contested races out there. I know some of the House race haven't been called yet, but it looks right now that the Republicans have locked in the House as well. Maybe not as big as a majority as could have been, but still a majority, but that the popular vote also went Republican by a very large amount. Now you can cast the blame on Democrats sitting at home. You can cast the blame on a lot of people that traditionally vote Democrat coming over the Republican side and ignoring the name calling exercises that we were going through. Maybe the immigration situation was a problem for a lot of folks that otherwise normally would have voted Democrat. But the popular vote. Democrats love to scream about the popular vote going to the Dems, and of course the electoral college going to the Republicans. We need to get rid of the electoral college, blah blah blah blah blah. So with a four million plus popular vote victory, that takes the wind out of the sales of the unrest component or largely I'm not saying there won't be some unrest, but at least removes the uncertainty associated with that. I mean, I go back to two thousand and think about how long did we argue over dangling chads and hanging chads?
Speaker 5: And what was that?
Speaker 1: Joe?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: I know, I was just gonna get the rest of my sentence out before I went to the phones. I see that he's there. Let's go ahead and get What does that say, Tyson? Is that Tyson?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: We got it, says pant Tyson. I don't know what that means, Joe. Anyway, Welcome to the Morning Show. What is your name again, sir, I'm sorry, no.
Speaker 5: Worries, Brian, It's Tyson Butlers.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, It's wonderful to have you on the program. Tyson.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry for the confusion. Welcome, no worries. I appreciate you and thanks for getting me on. So I'm I'm a precinct executive and a ward chair here in Anderson Township for the Republican Party. Really proud of the efforts that we had on the grassroots this last cycle, and still a lot of work to be done. And yesterday I was on my way to work, which I will tell you I'm a real estate agent, real estate professional, and the director of revenue for.
Speaker 5: The Peter Subret Group.
Speaker 9: So thank you again for for always being having our backs.
Speaker 1: He's a great guy. I think the world of Peters. He's the man. He's really awesome.
Speaker 9: But I was on my way into work and Chris Mitherman was speaking about, you know, what things the Republican Party can change and how that affects, you know, Cincinnati local politics, and he he did bring up something that I thought was needed to really be addressed, and I felt where he might still have an opportunity to learn about what this grassroots coalition is all about, and I wanted to address that, so I thank you for the opportunity. He was talking about what President Trump can do in regards to having less rhetoric, right, being more quote unquote political and more of a leader in that way, I guess in his eyes. Then he also brought up Nikki Hayley, which I thought was just really off base, and so I just wanted to the opportunity to say, look, this grassroots coalition that's been built is sick and tired of politicians that have been in office that are sending us out to endless wars like that is a real thing. Yeah, from the pulse down here on the grassroots, people want to know that their politicians can get held accountable, and they also want to know that essentially they'll be left alone and we can go through on devices and we're smart and we can get things done at the grassroots level. I thought that it was an important piece to say fat right there, and I know that's he's your friends, So I mean no disrespect in this. It's just the fact that that kind of still shows that he doesn't quite understand what this is about.
Speaker 1: Well, don't read me too much into that specific Nikki Haley comment that he's going to want to, you know, go with the neocon war monitoring types. I think the point was that Trump should at least appear welcoming to all aspects of the Republican Party, not that he would embrace them, but to just like getting poor people into the tent more minorities, You're welcome, Let's see what we can do for you. Let's see if we can't get jobs for everybody. You know, policies that affect everybody for the benefit across the board, and you know, maybe have a positive conversation with Nicki Haley about why it's important that we don't get into endless wars and and and and and waste countless lives and billions and billions and billions of dollars. It all makes sense, at least. The appearance of an open door was across positively across the board. And I didn't read really anything more into that than just that very point. But I certainly appreciate what you're saying.
Speaker 9: I will say, and I appreciate your point as well. I will say, just the counter back on that is that that once again is not the majority thought process for the people at the ground, and I would, I would honestly say that there a lot of people are a lot more well versed in regards to the lies and the policies and the money interests that go into the neo con class, and they understand what that is, and they're gonna they're shaking it off with a huge stick. I can't tell you how many doors we knocked about that as well.
Speaker 1: Understood, understood. And you know, being a weed dweller that you are, Tyson, you may have your thumb on the pulse or your finger on the pulse of that attitude and perception, which may be more pervasive than a lot of other people perceive it to be. Again a perception from a ten thousand foot standpoint, when you're not elite weed dweller. I think it looks good when someone says I've got an open door. That doesn't mean they're going to go down any particular path, but it just looks good. It's good politically. Appreciate the conversation. Fifty seven fifty five KRS talk station More conversation Steve Gooden returns our legal expert after the news ever changing world.
Speaker 19: There's one constant you can depend on. Fifty five KRC the talk station as the top end, bottom of the hour, on the way to work and all day in fold check in throughout the day.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station Ato six if at you five krs de talk station. Very happy Friday Eve to you, of course it being Friday e bottom of the RJ Ratler for in the meantime though happy and have on in Welcome back. Always enjoy the conversation with Steve Gooden, our legal expert. He's at the law firm Reporter right and he specializes in complex business litigation, commercial real estate transactions, employment related disputes. He was a former state and federal prosecutor, so he's got the background to talk about things like what happens now. Donald Trump is president elect to be sworn in, assuming everything goes swimmingly in January, but he's got a whole bunch of pending lawsuits out there. Welcome back, Steve Gooden. It's always great heaving you on my show. Great being here. Good morning, Gouten Morgan. Now we got criminal, we got civil, we got state law claims, we've got federal claims. My understanding is that the presidential pardon power could eradicate federal claims, but not state claims. But first off, let's just start with the proposition, can a president pardon himself? I don't see Joe Biden pardoning Donald Trump. Honestly, it could happen, but it could happen, But.
Speaker 26: In all likelihood, most constitutional scholars degree a president could pardon himself, but I doubt it's going to come to that in the federal cases. Now, again we're depending upon the Justice Department actually abiding by its own internal rules. But they do have a standing policy that you are not to prosecute a sitting president. There were some press reports late yesterday to Jack Smith, who is the special prosecutor, and indeed he's very special, has been.
Speaker 1: Bound to be.
Speaker 26: It has been instructed to start to wrap up the District of Columbia and Florida cases, the two big federal cases against Donald Trump, because of that policy.
Speaker 1: But I don't even know that the pardon will.
Speaker 26: Matter ultimately, because Trump when he comes into office, absolutely could fire the special counsel. He can appoint his an attorney general who can fire him, and I think his appointments under fire.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 26: It's going up to the US Supreme Court thanks to Judge Cannon down in Florida questioning whether Jack Smith actually was properly appointed.
Speaker 1: I would actually, as a lawyer.
Speaker 26: And as someone who watches these things, I'd love for Trump to let that play out because it might actually present prevent future Jack Smith's whom being improperly appointed in doing these highly politicized lawfair type prosecutions.
Speaker 1: But Trump can fire him.
Speaker 26: The January sixth case will go away, the Florida case will go away. There's not even a trial date set in either one of them. There's nothing meaningful going to happen before he has sworn in. So either the DOJ, if they're following their own rules, will fold their tents up with Jacksmith and go home. If not, Trump can fire him. Or the third option is he could just let the appeal play out and let the Supreme Court potentially say that he was improperly appointed, which.
Speaker 1: Then they would rule that way. I you too, I agree completely. Let's pust for one on that, because even if the court ruled in a way that you and I don't agree with, that these special prosecutors are okay. Trump could then fire him if you wanted. That option doesn't disappear merely because the outcome of the court case.
Speaker 26: I think that's correct. I'm knowing a little bit about how the DOJ thinks and works and what goes on in these prosecutors officers. My thought would be that they will fold up and close down the investigation in an effort to moot the appeal to at least preserve the idea of future jack Smith's being appointed. I don't think they want that the Supreme Court to make that definitive ruling either. I think that's a hammer that they think they have and what they perceive to be government misconduct. So if I were the DOJ putting, if I were in the other hat or wearing the Merrick Garland's hat, I would think about telling Jack Smith close this down, because and then we'll go to the Supreme Court to say the issue is moot. There's no need to decide this to at least preserve that special council kind of concept. But I think the best thing for the general public would be would be to let.
Speaker 1: It go forward and let the court rule. I agree, because and you can correct me if I'm wrong. But knowing how the mainstream needy attends to boil things down, and given their propensity to like Donald Trump and things that he does, if he exercises the option to fire him, that rings at his a sort of an air of Richard Nixon about it in certain ways, and I think parallels might be drawn on that.
Speaker 26: Oh absolutely, they would beat him up for months on this, and I don't think the general public cares. And I think that's one of the most important things to note about all of these cases is that these prosecutions have been going on for over two years and they didn't slow down Trump at all politically. In fact, they seem to have helped him. I think it made a more sympathetic to voters. I've seen it again and again in some of the statements people make. Look, everybody knows about lawfair. You don't have to be president to be to have suffered lawfair. Everybody knows someone who's gone through a long protracted divorce or custody battle, or non compete battle with their former employer, or some terrible thing like that. I mean, lawfair is just a feature of our society now. It doesn't matter how wealthy you are, and how wealthy you are. I think it really did Kim sympathetic to a lot of voters. There is no republic support that I can tell, except in the very far left kind of legal world, to pursue these things. There is no tax payer benefit, there is no interest. The facts are out in the public. People have made their political judgments, so there's really no reason to go forward with these at all in terms of like a bettering society. But still, you're right, the media and others will beat up on him if he actually does fire Jacksmith. They think it would be much better for just the good of the order if either the court were to throw it out or if they were to just fold up their tent and go away.
Speaker 1: Well, and you're right, the indications right now are that they will be folding up their tent letting it go away. Now, as for New York law, for example, falsifying business records, he've been convicted of that schedule to be sentenced on these class ethelonies. I know he can he can appeal that. I think there were trumped up charges. That was a bit of lawfare. But what do you see happening in that Since it's New York law, right.
Speaker 26: He cannot pardon himself there, and that is that the Special Council was not implicated that as a local prosecutor named Dalvin Bragg, an elected prosecutor and probably demassed ridiculously and transparently political of all of these when they all smell that way, but this one was uniquely bad. This is the so called hush money or Stormy Daniel's case where he was convicted. Now the judge is going to decide on November twelve whether or not to dismiss the convictions on the grounds that the US based upon the recent US Supreme Court case that kind of lays out this new standard for presidential immunity. I think he's unlikely to dismiss it because I think even under that decision, that decision really is more honed in on the January sixth fact pattern and dealing with official acts in office. And I think most of the things that are alleged here occurred outside of the office, although there were something that spilled over into his presidency for sure.
Speaker 1: But I think, you know, that's a jump ball at best.
Speaker 26: So but if the judge doesn't throw it out, then Trump will be entitled to a lengthy criminal appeals process through the New York appellate courts.
Speaker 1: And if for some reason he loses all of.
Speaker 26: Those and a judge does try to impose a senatece and this we're talking about, this would be a couple of years away. Trump could seek an injunction from the US Supreme Court under I think pretty well established case laws. I don't think he's going to jail. If there's a couple of ways that this could fall apart, I think it could fall apart on appeal, because again they basically made this charge up, and healered this charge specifically for Donald Trump. No one has ever been prosecuted under this theory under New York state law, it is sort of this merger of a federal election law case with a local state record stamper in case, it was clearly meant to be a tax law and basically corporate compliance type of prosecutions. Here, they sort of made this up. And I think if the appellate courts are doing their job, they may find that there was some prosecutorial misconduct in coming up with the charges. But and all that being said, odd to him going to.
Speaker 1: Jail, hero about mill and that's the one that the left screamed out loud about the thirty four felonies that that particular case.
Speaker 19: And.
Speaker 1: That's exactly Yeah, that didn't buy it. Well, the public didn't buy it, and maybe that's because they understood how convoluted the legal theory was to get to that point. You and I understand it completely, but you know, you don't practice law, you don't understand. I mean, it was just absolutely outright ridiculous. But nonetheless it, you know, did provide a wonderful campaign point for Kamala Harris, who had very few convicted fellon, convicted fella and convicted fellaon. I think that's going to be overturned on appeal for a variety of reasons. And I guess we'll just have to play wait and play that one out now. Over in Georgia, we got election interference allegations by Georgia District Attorney Fannie Willis. What's this one gonna what's gonna happen in this one?
Speaker 26: Well, that one seemed to be dying, kind of collapsing under its own weight even before the election that results came in. So you know, there has been a motion, there was emotion pending in the appellate course to disqualify Fanny Willis, who was the prosecutor. And if you recall there was a bit of scandal around that where if she had appointed her former boyfriend to actually handle the case, he had built the county somewhere upwards of a quarter million dollars to run the case, and was had a secret relationship with her and was taking money that he was getting from his prosecutor special prosecutor fees to take her on really elaborate vacations. There's been a motion to disqualify her. The trial court judge said no, they're appealing that. And it looks as though that there's a legitimate chance that she is disqualified. If she is disqualified, then someone else within the state court system would have to pick the case up. And I think most observers in Georgia politics, especially after Trump just won Georgia, feel that if she is disqualified, that no one's going to take the case up. And even if they did, we would have a similar series of appellate actions impossible US Supreme Court interventions, just like we couldn't see in New York if for some reason that case isn't tossed on appeal. So that one seemed to have been falling apart based upon her own conflict of interest and her own kind of personal scandal and how that had.
Speaker 1: Impacted her handling at the case.
Speaker 26: And again that's another case that I truly it is basically the same same theory as Jack Smith's primary case after the District of Columbia. Purely political you know she's bringing it, you know, did appear to be brought purely for political.
Speaker 1: Purpose, a me too lawsuit for political purposes under state law. Right now, Finally, what I considered to be the most absolutely ridiculous case ever, the financial statement case, and the where a bank who was not injured or harmed and was fully repaid and had no problem. I would argue, not even a justiciable controversy. The financial statement fraud case in New York under New York Attorney Letitia James. That one is pending on appeal presently correct. That's correct. Yeah, And I think that one.
Speaker 26: I'm with you that that that to me is the most like kind of Orwellian scary thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The trial, it's Kopa, it's the trial, yeah Copka. Yeah, you're right. I think that's more specific, yeah, Kopka. Yeah.
Speaker 26: In the great Yeah Kopta book, where you go to trial and you're not sure what you're on trial for, right, And there's a sense there was a true sense that they were sort of making this one up as they went along. It was like the civil version of the hush money case. But he's facing you know, the Trump Organization, which is really this kind of series of LLCs that that he operates as one entity in New York that holds all of his real estate interests and other interests. You know, he's facing a four hundred and fifty million dollars fine essentially, or like a discouragement of what they claim to be ill gotten gains, and that he was able to post a bond, he was able to stay that judgment. That one's tougher for him because, based upon the nineteen ninety seven PAULA. Jones litigation, the Supreme Court held that a sitting president cannot used presidential immunity to stop a pending civil suit. And there's an argument that Trump this is in part the against the Trump organization and not Trump the person, So that lawsuit will probably continue in some way. But again I like his chances on appeal.
Speaker 1: Again, this is a.
Speaker 26: Event that's where they were using a very novel and untested legal theory in a what was a clearly very politically charged environment. I mean, Trump did have the misfortune of having organized most of his business interests under New York state law in a state where he was deeply unpopular, and have headquarters in the Manhattan area where which is as deep blue as he gets. So again, we have elected judges and elected elected an attorney general in New York State. In this case, Letisia James who brought the case, you know, taking this nasty shot and getting this crazy judgment. But that one he's not going to be able to shut that one down when he gets sworn in.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, you know that, you know that sophisticated parties. This was an arms length transaction between sophisticated parties. You know what's your house worth, Steve?
Speaker 12: Do you know?
Speaker 1: No, you know about what it's worth when you sell it. If you're working with a bank and you were valuing your property and using it for collateral or whatever, the bank is in a position to evaluate it on its own, and they in fact did that, and they adjusted the value accordingly. They loaned them the loan, and he paid it back with the interest that was agreed upon. Again, there was no harm, no fail here that this even just well again, I guess it just boils down to the fact that they really hated Trump so much they're going to go after him for whatever reason they could come up with. It's absurd.
Speaker 26: Their essential theory was that he got a better interest rate on loans that he had long repaid based upon this statements.
Speaker 1: And look, everybody, every developer I've ever.
Speaker 26: Worked with in my law practice puffs and puffs about the value of their building. There of the building and so forth, and it's on the other side to do their due diligence, you know, if and investigate that. That's just the nature of the game. Everybody heads into their banking relationship as a developer or in their personal real estate deals trying to put their best case forward as to why they should get the loan and get the best rate possible.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that to be fraud. I mean, that's just our system. So yeah, exactly exactly.
Speaker 26: I mean there's people who argue whether or not you know that you know, they're they're they're half finished basement it could be a home office or you know, or they're the half bathroom with no tile as a functioning fourth bathroom. I mean, those things happen all the time. And the idea that that could be the basis of some sort of a uh you know, and they're really trying to do that. They also tried to do bring the corporate death penalty against the Trump organization and dissolve the corporations and tell me couldn't do business in New York for a number of years. So when it was an effort to absolutely destroy him financially, and again that's one of those things I think from general public began to just see it as as as a as law fair, as something that just shouldn't, you know, shouldn't be done. It didn't hurt him at all politically. I think it helped him politically because it made him more sympathetic. Again, everybody knows somebody who has gone through some sort of unfair legal proceeding like this, just the stakes were much higher for him.
Speaker 1: Find him online Porter Right wri ght porter right dot com, Steve Good and help you out with your business litigation and economic issues and of course offering sound sage legal advice here on the morning show. Steve God bless you. I appreciate you doing this for us. Look forward to talking with you again real soon, my friend. Anytime, Brian, you take care you do the same A twenty two right now at the five K City talk station. Get in touch with fast and proroofing. I can strongly encourage you to do that. The work is just absolutely gorgeous. I'm going to take go to Fast Fast and fastenproroofing dot com and check out some of the work that they have done that is just craftsman level work, folks. The metal work, for example, the copperwork they've done, box gutters, handmade hands soldered the roofing work that they've done. You want to get rid of your shingle roof and go with a metal roof, they got a step by step or an overview of how that process works. Yes, they do metal ruse, they do Adobe tile, of course, shingle ruse. If you need a roof replacement, they'll upgrade you for free to the certainty landmark pro fifty years shingle. I mean there are twenty five year shingles out there. You get to fifty with working with Fast and Pro. I call that peace of mind. They're locally owned and operative, been around for far more than twenty years a plus with a better business bureau. And let me underscore how important it is to work with an honest roofing company. And there are not a lot of them out there. Even Fast and Pro acknowledge that there are others that are honest out there. But you want an honest assessment, I guarantee you're going to get one from the honest professionals at Fast and Pro Roofing. They're doing fine. They do not need to liberate cash from you and do work for you that you really don't need to do. So don't worry about that happening with fast and Pro Roofing, So call them with confidence and it's a free roof inspection and of course you'll get a quote for free if any work really truly needs to be done. A plus again with a Better Business Bureau five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five Again check out the gorgeous work and all the other projects they do a lot of exterior projects. Go to Fastenproroofing dot.
Speaker 13: Com fifty five KRC Local twelve tonight at six different prices for different people.
Speaker 1: Retailers track your every move and Didy Official of the Year by the Kentucky League of City. So put a feather in your cap Tech Friday day of Hatter. What a great thing to behold that. We'll talk to him tomorrow at six thirty and like we do every Thursday, at this time, we will talk to iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay Ratliff. I love talking to him on a Thursday. Put a smile on my face as we closed out the show. Welcome back, my friend. Pleasant, good morning, good morning, very pleasant, good morning. And of course the eure you trade. This is what you do day trade fun. You can find Jay Ratliff and learn his teaching methodologies if you so choose. It's obviously worked out quite well for Jay. But your reaction to the market just blowing up yesterday and I and I just tell you, I am not a market analyst. I don't play one on radio, and I don't profess to know a whole lot about it. I think one of the reasons the market performed so well yesterday was because Trump won not just the electoral college, but an overwhelming margin in the popular vote, thus suggesting that there was going to be a smooth error transition. This wasn't going to be a dangling chad or a lot of litigation kind of wait around and find out what the outcome is over a course of weeks. Your reaction or thoughts on that, Yeah, I mean, it.
Speaker 27: Was definitely an election with an exclamation point behind it. I think it was a very clear, resounding message. And I remember back in twenty sixteen, and I remember, look, I've been trading stock since the nineties, so I've gone through several presidential elections, and when it was announced that Trump could look like he it was going to win twenty sixteen. I remember the Dow futures tanked.
Speaker 5: I mean it was it was.
Speaker 27: It was world news from like ten o'clock at night till one unt ter two o'clock in the morning. How the Dow futures were down ten fifteen percent. It was going to be the worst ever. My gosh, the world's coming to an end. Because somehow Donald Trump got elected as president. And by that morning at seven o'clock, the Dow futures were only down two hundred and forty points, and then that first day of trading it actually ended up two hundred and fifty points. It was the most unbelievable twelve hours of market reaction I'd ever seen, and that was because the market's understood, wait a minute, this is a businessman that's taking over as commander in chief. He has an understanding of business related issues and that's going to help businesses across the country. So it was obvious what he did during those four years. So now that he's been re elected, the thought process is, okay, he's going to make all of that happen again. This is a man that understands that you can light the fuse to this economy in such a way that it can help solve a lot of the ailments that we have with regards to, you know, things that are ongoing within this economy and for a lot of people who did not vote for him that are trashing him on Facebook, people that are in the service industry. Brian, I am certain that these men and women of principle will give back every bit of taxes they do not have to pay on over time and or tips, because there's no way they'll accept that money because it comes from Trump. Do you do you think I'm correct there that these principled men and women will stand on those principles saying I'm not going to accept this money because it comes from President Trump.
Speaker 1: I think you're in the right ballfield. Der Above, you've.
Speaker 27: Been listening to you, brother, But look and I'll tell you it's going to be interesting because today we find out from the Fed what they're going to be doing as far as the interest rate cuts, and I think we'll probably some are looking for a half point. I think it probably a quarter point. But whatever it is is the Fed really has a challenge now because when Donald Trump ignites this economy, and he's going to do that just like JFK did when he reduced taxes and did things to stimulate small businesses all those years ago. The FED is going to have our time adjusting because they're gonna have to. They're going to have to keep up with what's about to happen. And I am very very excited, a because we didn't go the far far far far far radical left, but more so because now as a business type of country that we have, men and women that want to start their own business can do so easier. People that want to enjoy the benefits of owning a small business can And even though a lot of times people say it's all tax cuts to the billionaires, no it's not. It's a matter of allowing men and women who are hard working that are trying to create a better life for themselves to create something through a small business. Yeah, I'd like to teach people how to trade stocks, but there's some people that want to start a small business doing all.
Speaker 1: Kinds of things.
Speaker 8: Brian.
Speaker 27: That's going to be easier now, and that's going to be something that's going to benefit this country in ways that could extend for the next decade.
Speaker 1: Well. And I think that optimism is backed up by I presume he's going to be part of the cabinet, Elon Musk being there, who could be who's more successful in the world in terms of businessmen than Elon Musk And with him there in the cabinet and making helping make decisions. And you know, I'm sure acting as a consultant beyond just cutting government, which is the primary role he's supposed to be taking on. I think that that's like, that's like extra knowledge and information and knowledge base to tap into little benefit everybody as well.
Speaker 27: But you're you know, you're a very smart individual, and Brian, you understand the best way to do your job is to bring in people that are smarter than you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 27: Now, for a lot of people that are very insecure as business leaders, they can't do that because they don't like people are not as smart as are smarter.
Speaker 5: Than they are.
Speaker 8: They want to be the top dog.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 27: Me, when I was in management all those years in the airline industry, I loved having a bunch of people a who didn't agree with me and b that were smarter than me because it was that collaboration of opposing ideas where some incredible ideas came from that Nobody saw coming because people work together. And I tell you, Donald Trump is very smart. His ego obviously is out of check in a lot of ways, but he is not afraid to have people around him that are smarter than he is. Now whether or not he abides by that advice or not has yet to be seen, but he's proven that he's done that in the past, and I'm very excited to see what's going to happen here because there's a lot of people in politics that get very threatened on both sides of the aisle when people who know more than they do offer an opinion. I don't think that's going to be the case here because look, Donald Trump can take people at a roast making jokes at him in front of his face. He'll laugh it off because he's he's able to do that. It's unfortunate that, you know, Harris decided not to be at that particular dinner that they had for charity in Washington, DC, because I think that that reflects the type of leadership that we need, because, look, bringing all the smart people you can because we've got some challenges. You and I've talked about this national debt that goes up at trillion dollars every hundred days. Donald Trump in his first administration, let that national debt get out of check. He's got to make sure that problem isn't repeated this time because right now the national debt and trying to fix social security is going to be a big issue. But you know what I'm excited about. He's going to be our president during the two hundred and fiftieth birthday of this country.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean another talk about a party patriotism. Amen to that. We'll bring him back. Let's pause, We'll bring Jay Rother back to talk about airline stock specifically. Yesterday eight forty in a fifty five ker c detalk station, Brian Thomas with iHeartMedia aviation expert j ratlove' boweing stocks. Just one more thing. I just have to let you know, because it's just hilarious. There's a Canadian airline. I'd never heard of it, honestly, west Jet. They did a very very brief ad campaign one way flights to Canada this after the election. The other day. They apparently ran that only in California about five markets for just a few hours. But I just thought that was hilarious.
Speaker 27: Oh, I love west Jet. They are the low discount carrier. You can kind of call them the Southwest Airlines of Canada. But you need to look at YouTube for their April First jokes on cargo kids, because every April April Fools, they would come out with a commercial that was just funny. And this was to parents who travel with young kids. Don't worry, we've got the perfect thing. We're gonna throw them underneath with the luggage. You sit up front and have a good time. These people have a lot of fun. And I did not know about that one, but I will look that one up. That's great to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought over aviation news. I always checked the sites before you come on, because there's always one out there I want to throw at you. I did get tickled by that one. I was Brian.
Speaker 27: If you do go to YouTube on West Jet, look up their Christmas video for many years ago.
Speaker 1: Oh is that the one where they bought packages or Christmas presents for me? Yeah? I did watch that line. I didn't know that. Okay, So they're fun in games all the time, all right.
Speaker 27: Unbelievably. See if I was to go back to work for the industry, and I never would, that's the kind of airline.
Speaker 1: I want to work for day Ratliff heading to Canada. All right, why did Airlong stock store and it says here for all the wrong reasons. Anyway, market went on fire yesterday. This was part of it. So what's the story.
Speaker 27: Well, you know you've heard me say on more than one occasion I'm not a fan of Biden administration at all. But you've also heard me say many many times that I do give the Biden administration credit for going after the airline industry. Yeah, they've done that more than any other administration I've seen for the last twenty five years. Now, the airlines are finally being held accountable, thank you. They're finally being forced to deliver something painfully so called customers service.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that.
Speaker 27: But when it became clear, Brian that Trump was going to be our next president, airline stocks took off because, in part, investors saw a future where the airline industry would be under less scrutiny, uh uh pressure, less oversight perhaps, And to me, obviously that's not a good thing, because finally the airline industry has been forced to adopt some customer service measures that before they would. They went kicking and screaming, dragging in that direction, and the Biden administration says, look, you're going to treat customers this way, or you're going to face some serious penalties. And they recognized a few years ago they really meant business and airlines had to do it. So when I saw airline stocks taking off yesterday and I loved seeing stocks go up, I thought, uh oh.
Speaker 1: And when I.
Speaker 27: Started digging into why that was one of the driving factors, and I thought, good lord, no, I don't want to take a step back here. But Donald Trump as a business owner his first time around, he was very accommodating to the airline industry. And Boeing is one of the entities here that needs more oversight than anybody. They've got fifteen billion dollars in defense contracts. So a lax environment is the last thing I want airlines or Boeing to be a part of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I guess that illustrates the problem I have with the whole scenario. It is so heavily regulated and controlled by the federal government and obviously subject of fines and sanctions and penalties from the federal government. No other business is subject to that level of scrutiny. Or very few. If you're out here in the real world and you're trying to compete, you damn well better provide a quality product or your competitors are going to put you out of business. And that model alone just apparently isn't sufficient enough for Boeing, even though they're flying people and our lives depend upon the quality of their products.
Speaker 27: Right, if we had competition, your analogy would as always be spot on. But when you've got Airbus and Boeing represent ninety percent plus of the aircraft that are manufactured with Bombardier in the Canada, you've got Embry Air in It's South America, and Comack coming out of China, which is a new aircraft manufacturer, and I really hope that they pick up because I like what they're doing. There's very little competition, and Airbus has like nine thousand plus order back orders of airplanes, so it's not like they can jump in and say, hey, we'll take all this Boeing business from people that are ticked off at Boeing because they can't. So if you're like Southwest and to meet these other airlines, you're married to Boeing because that's the bulk of your fleet. You just have to hope that they're going to turn things around and maybe give you a nice, healthy discount on future orders those kinds of things. But it's the NTSB just released their six hundred page report on the Last Airlines flight twelve eighty one where the door plug went out, six hundred pages. These guys are the all stars. These men and women are the the NTSB that after every accident near accident, they go to the FAA saying, here's our twenty thirty or forty recommendations from this incident on how we can make aviation safer now. Normally the FAAO look at that, go yawn and skip it. Sometimes they'll take one or two of those and implement those ideas. But these are the men and women. That's the reason that we have the safest there ever of commercial jet travel now. But one of the things that they indicated in this six hundred page report was how the lack of proper oversight of Boeing and the suppliers of Boeing contributed to that situation. And Brian, how many planes have you and I've been on that have been full that have had an empty window seat?
Speaker 12: Very few?
Speaker 27: I'm in a middle seat and I look over in this road there's an empty middle and window seat. I'm like, ding ding ding flight attendant, please, may I move?
Speaker 8: May I move?
Speaker 27: Nobody did on that flight, and that's the one where the door blew out. Had somebody been sitting at that window or middle seat, they'd have been gone because it was that is of decompression so bad that it the secured cockpit door wide open and everything went flying in the cockpit.
Speaker 8: So you're talking.
Speaker 27: About a horrific situation. And again because a lack of oversight, and we cannot allow Boeing off the hook.
Speaker 1: That is truly miraculous that someone wasn't there.
Speaker 27: It is, and it just it's one of the reasons that I was so thankful that we dodged a bullet. We learned something critical. But Brian we knew this was coming now, not to this extent, because it was two weeks before that. Boeing came out and issued an email to airlines saying, look for those airlines that have this kind of aircraft. We've had reports from some airline mechanics that have gone in to do work that when they were looking at specific parts of the rudder control system that's what helps the pilots to fly, the rudder control systems. Yes, you may notice some missing or untightened hardware. In other words, there's missing bolts and unsecured hardware where things haven't been tightened on some of the rudder control systems. This was the last two weeks of December, and I got that thinking, oh my god, what And then of course it was like, here we go again, the same crap that we had with the Boeing Max problems. Yeah, where they were rushing airplanes through lack of oversight. All we promised to do better five years ago. No we're not. We're going to do doing the same stuff over and over. That memo scared me to death. And I spent the first couple of weeks at the beginning of this year talking about how this is a concern, and I was on boom there goes the door plug on a door that didn't even have some of the bolts even threaded, let alone tightened. So you know, Boeing has got to get to the point where they're going to really be held accountable. But there's no place for any airline to go to that is an alternative to Boeing because that industry is just not competitive enough for us to do anything.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 27: It's one thing here in the United States to say there's some competition. Yes, thank god for the low cost carriers, because that's why we have the lowest fares in the history of aviation. In fact, someone sent me last week a copy of a nineteen sixty two airline ticket from the West Coast to Saint.
Speaker 1: Louis and back.
Speaker 27: It was one hundred and I think eighteen dollars round trip, and in today's dollars that would be twelve hundred and forty two dollars. So the thought is, wait a minute, In nineteen sixty two dollars it would cost you to go from the West Coast to Saint Louis and back twelve hundred dollars is the cheapest coach fair. We now can do that for three hundred, two hundred dollars something like that. So you know, it's a very cheap way to fly or to be transported these days. But the problem is these airlines have got to be held accountable. And I tell you I've got some real concerns moving forward. I hope they're unfounded. But one of the things that I can hope for is that Boeing will be given the proper you know, oversight, Because remember when we had the Boeing Max issues all those years ago, airlines around the world were grounding those airplanes because we didn't know what was happening. We had aviation A listen to this country coast to coast, big names that are a lot smarter than I am that were saying, oh, these planes are okay, blah blah. And I was on every national show I could be on, including Fox, for two weeks screaming against those airplanes had to be grounded simply because we did not know what was going on. The FAA did not ground those airplanes. The airlines that flew those Boeing Max airplanes, American, United Southwest, refused to do so. It took President Trump to step in and say ground those airplanes, and thank god he did. But far too often the airlines tell the government what they're going to do, not the other way around. And I don't want to go back to that.
Speaker 1: Well, we want to have to face some major catastrophe with massive casualties. Jay Ratlers did something.
Speaker 27: We could have seen coming, and that's when all those stupid politicians are going to pull a hamstring, run into the podium to say what they're going to do about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you'll and you'll be going back read listen to the podcast from the last four years on the fifty five Case Morning Show. I told you so, Eddie at the conversation, I do not. I don't want to have it either. Jay, somebody's gonna listen to you. We always end up on hub delays. What's it like flying out there today, Jay, rattling up?
Speaker 27: You're around Savannah. I got a lot of rain here. But other than that, Denver's gonna be the big issue. They've got some weather related snow and some things in or slowing things down, you know. Other than that, we're keeping an eye on this disturbance in the golf of Mexico that could impact later Houston. But as up today, if you're flying, avoid Denver and you're gonna have a good day.
Speaker 1: As always, enjoy you being on the Morning show. Look forward to next Thursday. As I always tell you, it's true and best of health. Love to you and your better half, my friend. Enjoy your weekend. On top of it, you too, my friend.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: It is eight fifty one here fifty five Kr. See the Talks Station.
Speaker 10: Our nation's problems have been building