Speaker 1: Hello everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. It is Monday, June one, eleven forty seven pm. Big show today, I mean, not really that big, but you know, we get a lot of big happenings At the twenty twenty six World Series of Poker. We got Scott Clements Scottie Baby winning his fourth WSP Gold bracelet that is in combination with the one and only Phil Helmuth mister seventeen Gold Bracelets, himself falling short of number eighteen. And I do have some audio to play later on from mister White Magic. Dimitar Danchev wins the twenty five K Heads Up Championship for what became his second Dobysip Gold bracelet. Philip Chun scooped up his first piece of Dibsipy hardware in the Mini Mystery Millions top in a field of twenty thousand, four hundred and eighty eight. Fun little nugget coming up later from Chun. As always, please leave us five stars, Please give us a review a positive one, share the podcast, do all that good stuff. I really want you guys to get your questions in your takes into podcast at PokerGO dot com. We'd love to do some sort of mailbag type of episode if we can get you know, I don't know a dozen or so of those in you know something that I can kind of form a whole segment around. So if you got something, fire it on over podcast at PokerGO dot com. As always, do need to remind you guys about the happenings over on poker Go itself. Right now, a new season of High Stakes Poker is stream It is season sixteen of poker's most iconic cash game. It features Kevin Hart, Jennifer Tilly's in the mix, Alan Keating, Andrew Roebol, Sam Keekey's doing some work out there, Doug Polk also. Doug Polk even dresses up like Sammy Farha. At one point, Carrie Katz makes his High Stakes Poker debut. So a lot of big things happening in season sixteen of High six Poker. You can watch it by heading on over to pokerg dot com or you can download the app. Make sure to use promo code HSP sixteen so that you can get thirty dollars off your first year of a new annual plan that works for both the new subscribers, and for anyone who's a current subscriber who wants to upgrade. So if you're a monthly or quarterly subscriber and you want to upgrade, be sure to use that promo code. And then for those of you who want to dabble in some online poker yourself, then I would highly encourage you to check out a free version of online poker, play poker Go. You can find it at playpokergo dot com. But if you go to play poker dot com slash podcast during the summer, then you can claim a free one hundred k in gold that'll allow you to get off to a nice boosted start over everyone else. I think they give you twenty five thousand or maybe five thousand gold to start. I forget, maybe it's like five thousand. Then you verify an email, you get up to twenty five. Well, it doesn't matter. You can get a free hundred k if you go to play pokerg dot com slash podcast. I'm gonna be playing in there pretty much every single day. I'll you know, I get in there for let's say twenty to thirty minutes. You know, I don't have a ton of time during the World Series of Poker, but I do hop in there pretty regularly. Just look for Poker Go Donnie. It has my face as the avatar. Yeah, I'm that freaking cool. So get in there. Let's have some fun. Let's play some big pots. They have high stakes poker themed tables. They have no gamble, no future themed sit and goes, so a lot of fun mix it up on Play Poker Go. First big news of the day we got Scott Clements picking up his fourth WSP Gold Bracelet, proving yet again just how good of an Omaha player he is. He wins the ten thousand dollars buy in Omaha High Low Championship, taking home four hundred and fifty thousand dollars, not his largest ever live tournament score, but his largest WSP scorp ever for Clements first live tournament cash since October twenty twenty five, so it's been a minute for mister Clements. Now in this very event, he had some interesting results. He's come close to winning the bracelet in the ten k Omaha eight Championship before. Back in two thousand and nine, Clements got second in this event when Daniel Allah he won it. Now in twenty fifteen, he got fourth. Coincidentally, Daniel Olahi also won it that year. That's kind of crazy. Clements's other bracelets to include. His first one came in two thousand and six he won the three k Omaha High Low Split Tournament for three hundred and one thousand dollars. Then in two thousand and seven he won a fifteen hundred dollars Buying Plo tournament for one hundred and ninety four k. Big gap between his second and third race. So the next one came in twenty nineteen when he won the fifteen hundred dollars Dealer's Choice for one hundred and forty five thousand dollars. Clements is first on the WSP all time moneyless for Omaha High Low. I do not think that this four hundred and fifty thousand dollars score is yet included into those stats, so he's only going to extend that lead. If I remember correctly, I think Elliot Lezra is in second, so Clement's going to widen that gap a little bit. There a very stacked final table in this one. This was a seven handed tournament. You had Dylan Wiseman finishing in second place. You had Todd Brunson finishing in third place. James Ops got fourth, Nam Lee fifth, Bryan Bambrick in sixth. Bryan Bambrick won this tournament last year, was trying to go back to back. So first place last year, sixth places this year, that's pretty freaking incredible. And then you got Phil Helmuth, mister gold bracelets himself has seventeen of them, was in line to get number eighteen. He was making his record extending seventy six WSP final table. Ultimately fell shorts. Not really the blow up that we were hoping for. You know, it kind of looked like maybe there might be a blow up.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I was right there when he busted out, Phil help me did the whole stand up thing. You know, it kind of looked like, okay, it's coming, like the blow up's coming. But ultimately he kind of collected himself. He was gracious in defeat. He shook everyone's hand and he said good luck. He moved on, but we did grab him right afterward. I heard him say that he didn't deserve that one, so I wanted to ask him about it right afterwards, and I had Antonio breakout. Mike cameraman right next to me and h you know, we turn the camera on. We stopped Phil and I mean, as you can expect, it was freaking gold.
Speaker 2: Deserve is a really bad word because I'm rich, I'm famous, have everything, But I watch everybody play so poorly for so long. It was just stunning. I mean they just got away with murder against me. It's like, but you know what, like I mean, like from a from a poker perspective, I did not deserve to go. They were like, I don't want to talk about who were but there was there's some really bad play there and uh, and they just don't understand the game. It reminds me of no limit hold them when I'd finished fourth or fifth and I'd watch everybody play bad. Not to say that there's a couple of guys playing really good in there, but like it's just and then I get all on one time all day. I flopped top two and they got check raises me with like a low draw and a flush straw, like I mean, we're getting it all in regardless, and then what he just turns a flush like I mean, Dylan's just running out of his mind. Good And so yeah, I don't deserve to be out. From a poker perspective.
Speaker 1: Does a finish like that seventh place only make you hungerer going forward?
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't. I guess I didn't realize how that they still play that, that they that they don't understand olmaher about her, Like it's I've been watching for two days of all these pros misplaying the game, and it's you know, and I don't know, maybe I thought it was my time. I mean, like I always thought it when omaher about her, And now I have a second, a fifth, a third, like a lot of close finishes, and it just feels like but I mean, the good thing is like if there's anybody talking about how good I am at poker, you know, I mean against this field, I was just I'm supposed to do better, and it's just like there's nothing I can do. Like I mean, like I think they beat Asis four times in a row and it's hard to do that, you know, And and so yeah, I deserve better from a poker perspective, but I am rich and famous, so yeah, and I don't know, I mean, maybe I'll just win the next turnament out of the box. I'm really grooved. And but I mean I'm just just a little stunned. Come on, it just it's just not supposed to.
Speaker 1: Come down like this. He's rich, he's famous, he's got everything in life. I mean, just an absolutely ridiculous interview of course, and what you guys didn't get out of that interview, so so right beforehand, and if you go to the poker go social media accounts, whether you go on Twitter, whether you go on Instagram, you'll see that we have some video footage to go along with the interview. And at one point after his bust out, he stops to sign an empty bag of Eminem's, like an eminem rapper, like somebody gave it to him, they asked him to sign it. He sat down, he signed it. Then that's when he got up and he hopped into that short, short interview with us. I mean, it's just it's absolutely always gold. When you speak to Phil Helmuth, you can just tell it's gonna be it's gonna be a fun summer. If he's making final tables and he's going deep like this. But ultimately, you know, falling short there. But you know, two days now, where we had Scott sever finished in third place, Nick Schulman finished in second place. That was both in the fifteen hundred dollars Badugie event. Both of them were going for bracelet number eight Here we have Phil Helmuth in line to get bracelet number eighteen. He ultimately finishes in seventh place at what was an incredibly stacked final table. As I mentioned, you know, Ryan Pambrick was going for back to back titles in this event. You got Dylan Wiseman finishing in second place, Todd Brunson trying to do it, he finished in third. So I mean, this has been a pretty sick two days of poker, and if it keeps up like this throughout the summer, we are in for a real treat as poker fans. Dimitar Danchev over in the twenty five k Heads Up Championship. He tops a field of one hundred and twenty eight entries to win eight hundred thousand dollars his second career gold bracelet. This tournament is the one where they they doubled the starting fights and then therefore they doubled the price bowl and they doubled the number of entries. So pretty sick to see one hundred and twenty eight entries ponied up for the twenty five K Heads Up Championship. Now, of course some of those were re entries because you could play both starting fights. If you busted one A, you can play one B. But still, you know, getting one hundred and twenty eight entries for a twenty five K buying heads up tournament is pretty awesome. Dan Chev tops them all. I mentioned it was his second career gold braser. The other one that he won his first career gold brace that came back in twenty twenty two. It wasn't online one, but he won the ten K Heads Up on Online Championship as part of the w SIP series on GG poker. In that tournament, dan Chev won three hundred and twenty seven thousand dollars. So I guess dan Chev is just the sickest heads up player in the world. To go through a ten K heads Up online tournament win a bracelet, and then to go through this one hundred and twenty eight entry field twenty five K by and live tournament, those are two pretty pretty sick bracelet wins for your first two bracelets. Along the way from start to finish, Dantev went through Ian Bromfield, Christopher win Killian Desnos Florian, pesh Abao, Ding Ryot, and Kai and then finally Nikita, who's nets off. This was a PGT qualifying event. Dan Chev took home four hundred and eighty PGT points to go along with the eight hundred thousand dollars first place prize and the WSP gold bracelets. The Mini Mystery Millions tournament wrapped up. Talked about this one on the last episode of the podcast. But twenty thousand, four hundred and eighty eight entries just a giant feel five hundred and fifty dollars bye, and you had people winning million dollar bounties, two hundred and fifty K bounties, one hundred K bounties. I talked about all those bounty winners on the last episode. The million dollar boundy winner was Andrew Shelton. But here we are focusing on the winner of the entire tournament, Philip Chun. He topped all twenty four hundred and eighty eight of those entries to win four hundred and thousand dollars. He advanced from the final starting flight the day one e flight, and he also never got a gold chest trophy, sorry, not a trophy, but never pulled a gold chest which you know would have allowed him to pull one of those big bounties. Little nugget, you know, if you if you look up the winner photo of Philip Chun, he has a chip Leader Coaching patch on. So that's interesting because a couple of days ago we had Daniel Gebba winning the five Kay Nolan at Holdham for what was his first career gold bracelet. He won five hundred thousand dollars there. He's also part of that chip Leader Coaching crew. Philip Chuhn is also part of the chip Leader Coaching crew. Believe he is a student. I was reading the Poker News recap article about Chun's win and they had a nice little nugget in there a quote from Chun talking about his involvement with chip Leader Coaching, specifically with Kristin fox and so listen to this. Chun said, I texted Kristin Kristin Foxen at three am last night once we finished so meaning going into the final table, and arranged to speak to her before play got underway. We talked for about an hour and everything that she told me put things into perspective. It didn't overwhelm me. It just allowed me to tackle today the way I wanted, and honestly, I would not be here holding the bracelet if it wasn't for Kristin as my coach. That is pretty damn cool. I mean, on one side of things, it's cool that it worked out this way. On the other side of things, it's awesome that he texted Kristen Fox and at three am she responded in a way that allowed them to meet up for an hour before play the next day. Second to that, it's pretty damn ef and cool to have Kristen fox and as your coach and she's given you this much, you know, time of day. I mean, that is awesome, so really cool of Kristin there. I know Kristen, you know she's she's regularly in the poker studio playing the PGT events. I have spoken with her many times. If you guys remember when she made that run in the w SIP main event. We talked with her several times along the way. She's always been super nice, super friendly, super personable, you know. But kudos to her here for going out of her way it seems to help Philip chun out and then awesome, awesome, awesome that it paid out. So that's that's a really really cool story there elsewhere around the World Series of Poker. Now, I just refreshed the page here on the six hundred dollars Deep Stack tournament that is down to heads up play. Still no winner. These guys are still battling right now, so we're not gonna hit on that one until the next pod to see who won. We'll just leave it at that, but they are heads up over in the six hundred dollars Deep Stack. You got eight players left. In the fifteen hundred dollars nolanmit Duce to seven single draw. Among those eight players, friend of the pod David O dB Baker, Baker is in line to get what is what his fifth WSOP Gold bracelet. Dylan Smith is also among the final eight. Stephen Hubbard is in there as well pair Hillebrand. So some really tough players in this tournamentmember This tournament had a I think it was like a twenty three two percent increase over the year before, so a really good turnout in the fifteen hundred dollars Nolan Duce to seven single draw the GG millions, that's the ten k buy in high Roller event two starting flights. Ultimately I believe a four day tournament. You started with five hundred big blinds deep unlimited rantry you can enter into Tuesday. Max late Redge allows you to come in with twenty five big blinds. They got I believe, two hundred and eight entries on Day one B. Combine that with the one hundred and ninety four that they got on Day one E, so you're sitting at four hundred and two total entries. I talked about it on the last episode. I'll mention it again right here with this is a tournament where I expect a ton of Max late Redge people to hop on in, because when you can hop on in to a big, big prize pool like this ten K events with twenty five big blinds, you know that's definitely going to be pretty advantageous to you. I would imagine there was a bunch of people that probably said, you know what, I'll play the fifteen hundred dollars six Max today. Depending on how things go, you know, I'll blast in that put a couple of bulletin. If I bag, great, awesome. If not, backup plan is Max late Redge for the twenty five or for the yeah, getting the twenty five big blinds that you get you know, and if you do go through and you mean if you threw on you know, three bullets, well you spent forty five hundred dollars versus spending ten k. And then there's even a chance that you can bust early on in day two of the fifteen hundred dollars six max and then get on over to that ten KGG millions and still MAXI late redge over there. So I do expect you know, quite a bit of people to come over to that GG millions when when that that clock hits zero for the for the registration period to get on in. But we'll talk about that on the next episode. We allot me to tell you guys about PLO Mastermind because it is the biggest PLO summer on record, and include it in it being a big summer. Check out PLO Mastermind's big summer sale now through July fourteenth. You can save twenty percent on six month memberships over at PLO Mastermind, or you can take twenty percent off all courses. Just head on over to plomastermind dot com slash poker go choose your plan or choose your course and start learning how to win with POLO Mastermind. It's time to stop guessing and start winning. In that fifteen hundred dollars six Max no limit tournament, it drew eighteen hundred and forty entries, down a bit from last year first place this year three hundred and forty six thousand dollars. You also had another fifteen hundred dollars tournament kicking off. That was the fifteen hundred dollars Mixed Omaha event. Now this this one was up a little bit from last year, twelve eighty seven entries in the field this year first place. There is two hundred and sixty five thousand dollars coming up on Tuesday, June second, we're gonna have a six hundred dollars PLO deep stack kicking off. That one should be big. It should also be a shit show, but in a good way. Of course. You have the seven hundred dollars seventeen hundred dollars. I kind of wish seven hundred, but the seventeen hundred dollars U Circuit Championship. That is a I know it says US Circuit Championship, but it is a w SP raclet event. It's branded as such. To hopefully shed a little bit more light on the DOUBSIP circuit, those WASIP circuit main events that happen around the US. They all have the main events, I should say, they all have the seventeen hundred dollars buying for those main events. So this is basically that. But in DISIP Gold Bracelet Form Nolan Holden Tournament, I will be in the field for that one. I am bringing three bullets. That is the maximum that you can bring. I sold I think ten percent on poker Steak. So if you guys got into the action on poker Steak, you know one, I very much appreciate it. And two let's go win some freaking money baby. And you also have the big, the bad ten thousand dollars buying and no limit Duced to seven Championship aka the Nick Schulman Invitational. He won that event last year. He topped Darren Olias member. They battled forever in that heads up match, and absolute battle between those two took forever. We did a great interview last year with Nick Shulman. I'm guessing, I mean, he's got to be back in the field. This is his tournament, so he's going to be back in there. I'm all all the heavy hitters. That's one of the coolest tournaments of the summer every single summer, so you know, stay tuned for updates on that couple.
Speaker 3: Shout outs here, Attention, attention, good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to the poker radio audience near and far. It is now time for a brand spanking, spiffy and new shout out to some of our most loyal listeners who likely got a bit too lucky on the way to the spotlight. You're listening to the number one poker show in the land, and it's time for a new edition of the Poker Go Podcast Community cards.
Speaker 1: Got my guy Sean, who I met a couple of years ago. Didn't remember his name, but he reintroduced himself again, So shout out to you, Sean. Appreciate you for saying hello again. And then I have a quick funny story from a guy who shall main unnamed. But I saw him the other day. I see him again today. He stops me. He started. He starts telling me kind of random stories, like he's telling me about how he fell in love with poker through Moneymaker, Like he he starts bringing up Scott Lazarre. He's like this guy with the Queen ten. He was so crazy. I was like, oh, you mean Scott Lazar. He's like, yah, yeh, Scotlazarre. You saw that too. I was like, yeah, of course I saw that. We all saw it. You know, call I'll give you a gamble, which is wild shit. Then all of a sudden he goes you know, I've never told anyone this story before, and he just goes into this whole story about like a hooker and a massage parlor at the rio and like this whole thing, and I'm just like, he's like, you remember the hooker bar. I was like, well, yeah, I know where the hooker bar is. I was like, I think, but I think every Catino has a hooker bar, which is basically He's like, how does it becoming to be the hooker bar? I said, well, I think it's just the bar where all the hookers go to try and pick up guys. Like that's just how it becomes, you know. It's it's not on No one officially calls it the hooker bar. It's just called that by by the patrons who frequent that and see it quite often. He's telling me just this whole crazy story about this hooker and how he's like he's he's hooking up with her, but like she's in really good shape. So while they're doing stuff, he's complimenting her on like how her abs look. And then somehow, while they're also doing stuff, they're they're talking about her diet, like I like, she's telling him like I don't eat this, I don't eat that, I don't need this other thing, but I eat this, this and this so I can keep looking good and I do all this work. And I'm just like what I'm like. Part of me was like, you definitely have told this story before, because why would you just tell what is essentially a stranger me this random story standing in the middle of the Paris hallway right The other side of me is like, why are you telling me this story? But it was about a ten to fifteen minute story all about this, I mean, just absolutely blew my mind. But you know, love the guy. I don't know if he listens to this podcast. I know that he listens to or he used to listen to the Poker News podcast when I was on, because he can't the first time I met him, he came up to me and he said, I miss rich t Ryan shout out producer Rich, and I said, well, Rich hasn't been on the podcast in like fucking twelve years, so I don't know what you're talking about anyway. Just I love everyone at the World's Series of Poker. You know, we got the crazy Josh and Tristan story from a couple of nights ago. We got a great film help You interview, you know, where he's talking about how I'm rich and famous and all this sort of stuff earlier in this episode, and now we got this guy telling him about his sexual escapades around Las Vegas. So it's just it's absolutely bananas, but I love it. But that's that, and that's the podcast. So we're gonna get out of here. It's a little bit after midnight. I'm gonna try and get some sleep again. I am playing tomorrow. Hopefully I make a run on this thing and we kick off our summer, right, Wish me luck. If you have pieces of me, let's go. Hopefully I'm giving you a bunch of money back, and yeah, hopefully the next podcast is me. You know, well after bagging and I'm talking about my day. But alright, guys, my name is Donny Peters. It's been a pleasure as always, please do not forget get some questions in podcasts at PokerGO dot com. I really want to do like a bit of a mailbag episode. I said it earlier, I'm saying it again, so please make it happen out there, and I will talk to you guys for next time.
Speaker 2: Je Express