Speaker 1: All right, ready for the Minnesota good bye. Let's see what we got here in the email. Don't say my name. I will just I just sent a message with random topics, but I forgot to mention how awkward is it to turn down a date? I will say this is from a woman. By the way, I won't say your name today mine of my own business. A man complimented me on my physical appearance, and I asked if I would go to dinner with him sometime. First. I'm thirty five, I got a thirteen year old and a six year old that've been happily single for over eight years. God's choice. I'm opinionated, and I don't know how to date as I'm a busy mom with shit to do. OI. I thanked him and acknowledged and respected his efforts to ask me out. I'd explain my life is too busy, which it is, but it was also not. I was not physically attracted him at all. The guy was bummed, and I felt bad. Have any of you ever been randomly asked out and turned it down? Was it weird? Awkward? Do you regret it anyone.
Speaker 2: Randomly? I mean, yeah, I've been randomly asked out quite a bit, but I mean I shouldn't say quite a bit that sounds conceited. I have, but yeah, I just turned down the people who I don't know who they are and I'm not interested.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: Mine are always like old coworkers that ask me out because I have to talk to them because they're my coworkers. So they assume, oh, she's being nice to me, so she must be interested in me and I'm not, and they'll like corner me in a place that I can't leave and they'll be like, hey, you know, if you ever wanted to, we could totally go and get coffee sometime.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, well, I'll have to look at my planner.
Speaker 1: I honestly think that guys need to be aware of whether you get any kind of a signal. I would never go up to somebody and say, she said I was minding my own business and a man complimented me on my physical appearance and then asked if I would go to dinner sometime. Now, to me, I think guys need to be aware. You can't just go up to somebody that you think is hot and say, hey, you're really beautiful, would you like to go to dinner sometime, because I don't think the answer is unless he's really attractive. Also, and I think guys are really bad estimators of how attractive they are, just like guys are bad estimators of how good they are in bed. Every guy thinks that he's a great lover, a great driver, and he's funny. And most guys are none of the above maybe one of the three. And I'm a guy, I'm none of the above. I'm kind of funny. That's really all I got.
Speaker 3: That's kind of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I think that guys need to look at a woman and go, Wow, she's beautiful, and then think am I going to be attractive to her? If you look at couples, they usually are about equally attractive, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then also like even if even if you think, oh, she's attractive and I'm attractive walking up and being like, Hi, you're beautiful, would you like to go on a date with me, it just puts her in such an awkward position, Yeah, because what if she doesn't want to. And I'm the kind of person that I'm not going to lie and say like, oh, I have a boyfriend, because it because then they respect that I have a boyfriend. They don't respect me, and so it's just an awkward situation and I never really know what to say. So I'm always like huhuh, oh, okay, maybe.
Speaker 1: I yeah, there's there's something else is gonna say about that one, but I think that fuck, I totally drew blank. I forgot what I was gonna say. Jenny, do you have anything to add to this one?
Speaker 2: No, just the frustration that Bailey just brought up about the fact that, like someone will consistently pursue you and you can say no, no, no, and finally you say I have a boyfriend, and then they're like, oh okay. And that's really frustrating as a woman that like they don't respect you saying no yeah, and then you say you have a boyfriend, and then they're like, oh okay, yeah, I respect it. This man is in your life, then okay.
Speaker 1: Side note, I work with the twins on some events with the wives and girlfriends what lives they live, but there's maybe two attractive players and very few who are single. With the way my single life is going, I fantasize about dating a retired baseball player who's busy with his life, and I can continue with mine when he's in town, hang out, dinner, shag, maybe throw in and I love you to keep him and keep him hooked. Wouldn't mind going out to a few out of state games either.
Speaker 4: Okay, that sounds random, infect that sounds so nice. Yeah, if you had Yeah, because if you had a man who was gone for some of the time so you can still live your own life. But then when he's there, you you know, have a great time and he's probably a hot baseball player.
Speaker 2: That sounds nice, And it's nice if you're into, like your partner sleeping with other people.
Speaker 3: Sure, that's a bold statement, Jenny, No.
Speaker 1: It's true. I know. I've known of NFL players that they bang somebody different in every town that they were in. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Not Joe Mauer. Joe Mauer would never he drinks milk.
Speaker 2: I've been told from sources close to athletes that even the good ones, even the quote religion just ones, are out paying well, you know, I mean.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is is they're very fit. We are attracted to fit people, we just are, that's our biology. We are attracted to guys who have like a certain percentage of body fat and women who have this and whatever. And then there are people who they what do they call them, jock sniffers, Jenny.
Speaker 2: Well, jersey chaser, jersey chasers, puck sluts.
Speaker 3: I don't like that one. What is it that was for hockey players? Puck slut?
Speaker 1: Puck sluts? Okay, And there are definitely people who are you know, and if you're it's like you're a rock star and you go out and there are women who want no strings sex, like right now in the back of your tour bus and you're a hotel room. They only want twenty minutes of your time. I mean, there's gonna be people who find that difficult to pass up. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like most women though that are trying to sleep with an athlete aren't actually looking for no string sex. I don't really get pregnant and then like lock that person in for child sea years. But also so like I'm not even I want to also say that like, shame on these women who do these things too, because I think that's really shitty. Also, when you know that an athlete's married, like that sucks. And you know it's always like women sliding into these guys dms or like hanging out at the places they know athletes are going to be hanging out at it's always I don't know so anyways, I just don't think that dabbling in dating a professional athlete is the best for you if you want someone who's loyal.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Next one from Sarah Dave, Ryan Crew. Holy. There are a lot of Sarah's out there, and I think most of us are in our thirties. Oftentimes, when another Sarah's message gets read, I'm like, hey, is that me number two? I've yet to hear a parent call out to their young Sarah these days. Is this name on the outs like Cindy, Jennifer or Judy? Yeah? I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know that a lot of people are naming their baby Sarah anymore, or in the last fifteen years or so.
Speaker 3: I know so many Sarah's. I think most of my best friends are named Sarah. I'm actually I even want to, like know how many.
Speaker 4: Sarahs do I have in my phone because it's probably an insane amount Sarah's and Andy's and Ryan's. I know so many one, two, three, four, five, six, I have six Sarah's in my phone.
Speaker 1: Wow. Maybe you're around the age where that was a very popular name, big name a different topic. Check your bank statements. I've been getting fake Apple and Amazon transactions on iPhones. This setting, you can see your purchase history. And Apple has set unauthorized deposits in my daughter's account, yet when I check her account, there's nothing to prove it. Strange. Okay, Uh. Finally, I listen to the episode of financial Tips. Keeps reminding me. I get nervous about money, but I know I need to do all of these suggestions. Next one, pretty privilege. Someone suggested that I didn't recognize that I have pretty privilege, but I rarely received outward gestures like Internet influencers seem to get or like the story of hot local girls. Men rarely say hi to me. Yet I'm told I'm pretty from clients and friends, So I don't know. I think that's the best kind of pretty woman is the one who is either not aware or she is aware and doesn't use it for you know, evil, evil, or favors or whatever. And trust me, I've known all kinds of women for my entire life, and one of my favorites was she was six foot no five foot eleven, blonde, brilliant, super athletic, and she really struggled with being pretty. She's like, guys hit on me all the time. They all want to have sex. Every time a guy shows any interest in me, I think all you want to do is have sex with me. And I'm like, yeah, probably Initially you're right, And she is in and out of relationships of not bad guys, but relationships that turn bad, and so it's kind of a blessing and a curse. But I think that it's like in the one D song, Yeah you don't know you're beautiful, that's what makes you beautiful. And I think that you I think that we become aware of about how attractive we are by the time we're about fourteen or fifteen. I become I became aware of the fact that I was unattractive in junior high when a couple of girls were talking in pottery class and said I looked like a monkey. Now, yeah, so that let me know. And then one time I was walking down the stairs between classes at Air Academy High School and a girl looked at me and went woof, woof. No, she didn't know, seriously she did.
Speaker 4: I mean I got called dog face all throughout middle school in high school, so I feel you as a boy.
Speaker 3: People would think I was a boy.
Speaker 1: They thought you were a boy. It was the hair, though you had terrible bangs. Probably could all right, thank you Sarah in Cheska, and I'm going to send you a staff writer sticker, so thank you. This next email is in response to the woman who was complaining about Disney adults in Japan. Remember this a couple of days ago. Lexi says, I got a response to the woman who email on Monday about going to Disneyland at Disney in Japan. My response is, sit down, Oh, you just got back from a two week vacation in Japan, something the majority of the population will never get to do. And you have the adudacity the bitch about adults being at Disney because your spoiled kids have to wait in line. Guess what the adults had to wait in line too. It's an all ages attraction and the adults that are at Disney are probably living out a dream that their parents couldn't afford to give them as a child. God forbid. We let people enjoy things. Basically, Bailey's response to that email was spot on. What did you say?
Speaker 3: That's what Bailey said.
Speaker 4: I just said, yeah, like it's a way that you can relive your childhood and you know, experience magic, and adults.
Speaker 3: Don't really get that opportunity a lot of the times.
Speaker 1: So okay, I.
Speaker 2: Love when you read emails in your old bitchy voice. And then now you're going to piss off the woman who wrote in about the Disney adults.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm not trying to. I tried to put some color into the ear.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just sent that email and probably was just casually sitting down at their desk like okay, like this is my thought, but Dave's like.
Speaker 1: Sitsh shit down. She goes on to say, yes, I am bitter that I can't afford to do things I want to do, but even if I could, this lady still would have irritated me. Just had to get that off my chest. Love y'all from Lexi. That's a really good point. I mean, you talk about like a first world problem. The lines are too long at Tokyo Disneyland. My diamond shoes are too tight, my diamond shoes. But at the same time I get it. It's like, you know, if I go to Disney and I got to wait behind a bunch of Disney adults and be like, Dad, if we got rid of all the Disney adults here, there'd be.
Speaker 3: No lines, there'd be no one there.
Speaker 1: You know what occurred to me when in Yellowstone Park, which I was pleasantly surprised to see that it's busy, but not so crowded that it ruins the experience.
Speaker 2: M h.
Speaker 1: And we went just before tourism season, like exactly a week ago, and it was busy but not so terrible. And I'm like, God, all these fucking tourists and they're fucking camp We're one of them. And then I realized we are no different than everybody else there from Texas or Milwaukee or what. We're no different than anybody else. Yeah, we're the same going to see Old Faithful and going to Mammoth Hot Springs. We're pissing everybody off for being here.
Speaker 4: Just like that, everyone's just looking to have a good time. Like that emailer said, like, God forbid, people have a good time.
Speaker 3: God forbid, we just got it.
Speaker 2: In National parks, you just got to get away from your car because most people that visit National parks don't leave more than like two hundred meters from their car, Like go into the park, go into a hike, go yeah, seymore like, don't stop at just the viewpoints, like get in there, and then you can avoid crowds to an extent that way as well.
Speaker 1: You're so right because we went. When we went to Old Faithful, we could see guysers steaming in the distance. And most people go up and they watch Old Faithful erupt and they go to the gift shop. They get back in their car and they go exactly. We took about a mild hike north, probably past twenty or thirty more geysers. There was one geyser we went to that was so beautiful and there was literally no one around. There was no one else on this path. And we're really glad we did it. It was Carson's idea, and I'm like, Carson, I'm really glad that you came with this idea, because you're right. Everybody goes to Mammoth Hot Springs and everybody goes to Old Faithful and Tower Falls. But take the trails that go away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do something that's not the you know, well beaten path.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was totally cool, And I believe we have one more Minnesota Goodbye email. Let me just pull up with the right folder here. I'm not gonna say my age, but I've been listening since the school bus in nineteen ninety five. Nice school bus is where you learn all about life war the roses. We would beg our bus driver to drive slower so we could hear the end. Now my three boys have grown twenty, eighteen and thirteen. With you on the way to school daily, we would often take the long way to the school drop off line to hear the rest, or we catch up on the podcast after school. We also like to talk about Dave said this, or is Jenny on vacation I didn't hear today? Thanks for making a smile and to find a way to connect all these years. I've recently noticed that when I hear my own voice on the radio or a video voicemail, I actually feel bad for my family and employees that have to listen to me drone on daily. Does the sound of her voice bother you when you hear it back? Or do you have any moments you have seen or heard back played in video that may just say Wow, that must that was an embarrassing thing I'd said or did. Why would I say that? Would appreciate A staff writer sticker that is from Dana in Dresser, Wisconsin. The first time I heard my voice on a recorder was when my brother got a recorder for Christmas when I was a kid, and I heard my voice, and I'm like, God, I sound so stupid. That is that me? Hear our voice differently, And we don't often hear our voice, you know, we do all the time and recordings and videos and whatever. So I'm absolutely one hundred pins percent used to it. But our voice sounds way different to us inside our head. I was like, nasally, and I sound that to me. Oh my, oh gosh, So you sound just fine, Dave.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think I sound weird at all. I don't get in my head about that. I don't like rewatching video of me anytime I do anything because I don't want to look at myself.
Speaker 3: But I don't mind listening. I don't it's just my voice. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm very used to my voice at this point. Can I just play something real quick? Just like I would never say this about you, Dave. I love you, but I would never like think in my head like, oh, you have such a sexy voice. But there's one thing I heard of you recently that I was like, oh, Dave has like a sexy voice, so let me play this.
Speaker 4: David.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I just lay in a bed and I just wanted to call you to say good night.
Speaker 4: Shut up.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to.
Speaker 4: Night to you.
Speaker 3: Sweet dreams obviously tight.
Speaker 2: I just feel like your voice sounded so much deeper than I feel like I hear every single day, and it sounds a little sexier. Maybe you should be a phone sex operator.
Speaker 1: As she bent over the copy machine to put in a new stack of paper, I slid up behind her and gently. I don't even know what to do. It's been I don't know what. Well, it's been so long since I've had sex. I don't even remember what armpit the vagina is under.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it depends on the woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So here I am feeling around under the armpit and I'm like, oh, that's wet. That must be the Oh that's not it.
Speaker 3: That's not it.
Speaker 1: And I'm to the other arm pit and that one's Harry. Well, then I get to the other one and that one's Harry and I'm like, oh, well.
Speaker 3: The one and well that has the hair underneath it.
Speaker 1: Well, there I am thrusting away at her armpit and she's like, Okay, do you have any idea what you're doing. I said, yeah, I'm making sweet sweet love to you.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe you start a comedy phone sex line, because that.
Speaker 1: Could be a bit I think that. I think that when I talk normally, like when I talk to vont and I just energized my voice a little bit more when I'm on the radio and I talk more up here. But maybe I should, you know, reach for the lower register.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe, And I would sound good on the current you know what I mean. You probably would like here's the latest front. Our audio recorder kind of cut off the last thirty seconds or forty seconds of that. But basically I would sound good on the current and period period. And there's more, but we'll maybe tell the story tomorrow more.
Speaker 3: We're going to do a sexy voice contest.
Speaker 1: We are going to do sexy voice contest. And remember we're going to tell about Liz Tradinic. Yes, yeah, on the show tomorrow. So who is Liz Tradinic? You don't know, But I will tell you the story of Liz Urdenic tomorrow on the Dave Ryan Shows. Minnesota. Goodbye,