Speaker 1: Get it. Good morning, This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Gee r rying.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, sirs, here we go. Rob Ryan Show checking in on this tap Tuesday. That's the Instagram feature today. Busy morning, as we always are busy around here.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to another four hours of pain.
Speaker 1: Slow Fast andrew first winner of the Fresh hutter Met Head to Head of the Year twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Slow Fast Andrews trying to make it win number two or does it become the first one pump chump of the year. Well, we'll see Saint Vincent tickets coming your wing in homeroom.
Speaker 1: I've got some I got a fun fact.
Speaker 2: Flashback should be easy.
Speaker 3: We're just slashing back to yesterday, unlike yesterday's winter had to go all the way back to Friday, December twentieth to recall that information. This is a walk in the park. Boster Jam tickets. You got a four pack with pit passes for you coming your way. At seven twenty. We're gonna play Don't be a Pig. That game was suggested to me by several of you yesterday. We're gonna play Don't be a Pig at eight twenty. That's how you're gonna win your Buzzfest tickets Depth Tones Mars Volted tickets early in the nine o'clock.
Speaker 1: We're closer to them around nine ten, Pierce the Veil tickets on know the show. We got sunny skies today.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a little warmer, highs up to fifteen, but we still have that cold weather advisory, and I know that's what Alex is starting with this cold weather.
Speaker 1: It's a second day here in Houston.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good morning, ride, good morning home room. The cold air we did get yesterday is gonna stick around. It looks like we do have another freeze on its way this morning.
Speaker 1: It looks like things aren't gonna really warm up until the weekend.
Speaker 4: Urkott has issued another winter weather watch all across the state, So you know, bring your pets, plants sold people, bring them all indoors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, be safe out there.
Speaker 4: And it doesn't look like most of us are gonna get ice until maybe Friday, so still just be safe out there on the roads.
Speaker 3: And Urcan has really gone out of their way this time to say, hey, I think we're good guys, which is good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and some more news.
Speaker 4: President Joe Biden was in New Orleans yesterday to meet with the families of those killed in the New New Year's attack.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: He and First Lady Joe Biden visited a memorial near the site and attended a prayer service with the grieving families. Still more information coming out all about all that stuff. We were just looking at that this morning. When people leave the house, they run through a similar checklist. I don't know if you like me, but uh, you know, phone, wallet, keys, Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to do?
Speaker 1: Is I tap my butt?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my right hand, I gotta feel my wallet, my left hand, I gotta feel my key's my left, No, my left.
Speaker 1: When I touched my left butt cheek, that's gotta be my phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, money in my right front pocket, chapstick in my right, my left front pocket, some phone.
Speaker 4: Left, keys, right whilet back. Okay, usually so yeah, But then some people also they checked for their spare underwear.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 4: According to a study, half of Americans came a spare pair of underwear with them for emergencies, and seventy percent of those people that carry spear underwear say that it's come in handy at least one time for them.
Speaker 1: I mean, if I'm on a vacation. Yeah, I take a thousand pair of underwear, but like not the everware.
Speaker 2: Sure, and I didn't believe it.
Speaker 3: So this what you're saying is half of people carry spare underwear. I don't believe it. So I put it to our audience this morning. Do you have access to back up underwear after leaving your house? I'm trying to be very specific here, maybe in your car, in your bag, or in your work or at work. Okay, eighty three percent of our audience says no, sixteen percent says.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they always have spare underwear. You like fifties a little high.
Speaker 3: I thought that's why I said I gotta take this. I had another poll question already scheduled for today. There's no way half of our audience has a spare pair of underwear.
Speaker 1: It'll be interesting to monitor that poll as we go throughout the day.
Speaker 4: And some celebrity news, it looks like Zindaia and Tom Holland are engaged. People notice Zandaia wearing a dime d ring at the Golden Globes on Sunday night. Then it came out the holiday and proposed to her between Christmas and New Year's Eve at one of Zandaia's family homes. We've got a blog page, its own blog page today if you want to go check out that ring.
Speaker 1: It's five carrots. For those of you wondering, it's about the size you gave your wife's not not quite but close.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty close, just slightly a little like a couple more carrots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the best story. Yeah, this day cool.
Speaker 4: A thirty six year old single mom had a really good Christmas, all danks to post Malone. Apparently Posty left her a twenty thousand dollars tip at the bar she was working out on Christmas Eve. It sucks you gotta work Christmas Eve. I'm sure it was slow, just like she said, it was a really slow.
Speaker 2: Night, nothing really going on.
Speaker 1: Then this is Malone and Shaboozie walk in, Yes with their crew.
Speaker 2: Pretty crazy.
Speaker 4: They hung out until about two am, playing songs in the jukebox and just kind of hanging out. And then Renee Brown's the name of the bartender. She said that Posty went to go pay his tab, but his friends in some of the regulars at the bar they were there, had already just taken care of it.
Speaker 1: This is here at the Railyard yeah, the Railyard is the and.
Speaker 3: It was after the Christmas football game. You know, post Malone was a part of the halftime, so she charged him a dollar because she was like, she.
Speaker 1: Wasn't going to charge the man. I think that.
Speaker 4: Just give me a give me a tab to pay. I'd like to tip you, yep. And then twenty grand, twenty thousand dollars. That's awesome, pretty cool move by Post. He definitely the best story today. But those are Houston's headlines, not Alex for sports.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what you got, well, thanks Alex and Rod. Rockets are back in action tonight.
Speaker 4: They're gonna play the Wizards on the road, trying to get back to back wins.
Speaker 2: Here Tip Bob is at six.
Speaker 4: You can listen to that game over on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 2: And that is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: Here we go, guys, Here we go to me and the Twins. Chili standing by. He wants to take your first phone call.
Speaker 3: Today seven one, three two.
Speaker 1: Yes, in case you're wondering, I had Kinkke yesterday, but yeah, bring piece.
Speaker 2: They didn't bring any in for the day.
Speaker 1: I didn't think you guys would eat it.
Speaker 2: I would eat it.
Speaker 1: Okay, first phone call, what do you want to talk about? Seven? One three two one two five nine four five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now. This is the Rod Riot Show, twenty four to five Buzz white stripes in seven nation.
Speaker 3: Army, wakey, wakey, wakey, wrap your snaky, keep your snaky wrapped up. We got that cold weather advisory still going on.
Speaker 1: Thirty two.
Speaker 3: There's just a slight breeze outside which makes it feel colder, like that's the wind shill.
Speaker 4: What would you say it feels like temperature is because I don't ever believe those.
Speaker 1: Twenty eight, twenty eight, yeah, twenty eight. It's just like it's just like a fifteen degree wind, and.
Speaker 4: It anytimes says feels like I just imagine whoever made that graphic or is telling you that's.
Speaker 1: Just what they riffed on.
Speaker 3: I think there probably is some sort of algorithm for that. I don't think they're just throwing darts at a board.
Speaker 1: I know what it feels like, Rod. I think they go to school, tell me how I feel if they learn some sort of a simple, some sort of a Yeah, it's called temperature, not what it feels like, well, we're gonna.
Speaker 3: See Sunny's guys today. No rain to worry about. You were talking about possibly some rain. I think it's gonna warm up and then we're gonna get a little rain later. So I don't think we're gonna deal with any icy conditions around here, which is good.
Speaker 1: Hide today of around fifty. Okay, I just meet I just told my friend Jessica, this is not why I moved down south. This is not why I get back home. I mentioned the Chili too. I'm like, this is why I moved down here. I don't want this. I don't want this nonsense. You brought that weather back with you. Yeah, that's what I just got a cuetoff. Okay, guys, we're gonna be very very busy today.
Speaker 3: Your opportunity to win Buzzfest tickets is coming at eight twenty.
Speaker 1: We're gonna play Don't be a pig. We'll do an.
Speaker 3: Example round of it. I don't know how we're gonna do it with just the three of us. It'd be great because I need three players.
Speaker 1: Me and Chili should get a team up on the last gest Okay maybe so yeah, maybe like phone a friend.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna play don't be a pig at eight twenty. Buzzfast is going down May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion. Tickets are on sale now at ticket Master locations. Slow Fast Andrew. Was he the no the show question yesterday?
Speaker 1: Yes? He was. Wow, what an honor?
Speaker 3: I mean, that'll be in the board game when this when this show's over and there's a board game of the Rod Ryan Show, It's like, what slow fast player?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah?
Speaker 3: On the fresh out of Bad Head to Head was also in the same day, A know the show question. His name is Andrew. He's going for one number two today? Is he gonna be the first one pump jump.
Speaker 1: Of the year? I know he doesn't want that. It depends.
Speaker 3: You don't know if if the Slow Andrew or Fast Andrew is is showing up this morning. Okay, sometimes the same guy shows up in the same game, like yesterday.
Speaker 1: I got some more fun facts for you today. Monster Jam.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be giving away Monster Jam tickets probably every day this month to different shows. We got three different Monster Jams coming up. I got a four pack and pit passes for the Saturday Feb One show at Energy Stadium. Tickets are on sale now at ticket Master locations can also get Ticketmaster locations for your Pierce the Veil tickets.
Speaker 1: They're playing the Woodlands. I've got tickets for you.
Speaker 3: I know the show now. The Deftones tickets are playing The Deftones. Tickets are at the Toyota Center box office or Toyota Center dot com. Deftones Mars Bowl to March sixteenth. They got tickets for you. At nine ten, I got an apology email from Kirk. No apology necessary. Kirk yesterday won the Texas Hammer Game, he said, Brother Rod, yesterday I won Buzfest tickets on the Texas Hammer Game. I went back to listen to the podcast. It sounded like I was so disinterested. I want to apologize.
Speaker 1: Because I was. I was so stoked, But I drive.
Speaker 3: Trucks for a living, and at the time I was playing, I'm listening, I'm dropping, I'm hooking up to a trailer, and I want you to think that I wasn't ecstatic.
Speaker 1: I am so looking forward.
Speaker 3: To going to Buzzfest with you guys, because Busfest is finally back.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 3: That's Kirk Gunther. He didmember. He got it on the second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 3: Yesterday at seven twenty ish, and it was the audio Slave song, and he knew it.
Speaker 1: He knew it. He said he's a big audio Slave fan. The second your second guest, right, But he didn't sound excited about winning Buzzfest tickets. It sounds like he was all business. You don't have who apology was. These guys are working, and this guy's driving, this guy's a man. Is a man? Okay, he's dropping and hooking up a trailer. What am I doing? That's pretty I.
Speaker 3: Don't even know what it means. So don't worry about it. You're working, you're taking the.
Speaker 1: Affair with hands. I'm sorry, I was interested in the buzz Fest. Yeah, like Adam the cop.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I was taking out a hog while I was on the show the other day.
Speaker 1: All right, we got some phones ringing here, it's for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 3: Well, first phone call looks like it's going to Christina. Good morning, Christina, Good morning.
Speaker 1: How are you all doing doing great? Well? Can I still say Happy New Year? This week?
Speaker 7: Absolutely happy? You'll been off last week so it kind of threw me off a little bit.
Speaker 3: And you and I haven't talked, so I haven't told you happy New Year yet, right, Christina, exactly.
Speaker 7: Exactly, and I call all the time when I can get through. I actually just got back in town yesterday. I was listening to y'all and iHeart out in the Prio country and I'm heading to the gym listening to y'all.
Speaker 1: Oh, is the gym a part of some sort of a New Year's thing? Are you just kind of a gym rat early morning?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 7: If I can get up in the morning, I go, unfortunately to being a December. I twisted my ankle really bad, so I kind of got out of the routine, but pulled myself this month getting back at it.
Speaker 1: What are you doing today? I mean, do you have a routine?
Speaker 7: Probably arms in the cardio, nothing too crazy. I did a lot of stuff when I was out in the whole country, went golfing, and I walked around my aunt Uncle's property. My ankle's kind of mad at me right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, see a lot of girls on that squad rack. They like working on those fannies right now.
Speaker 7: Right, yeah, I was at the gym last Monday square.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, listen, I appreciate you being up early with us. Thanks for of course, long time listener.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much. You said that you're calling all the time. Tell me about and just I'm throwing it out there. You don't have to fresh out of bed head to head. Do you play that game? Have you played?
Speaker 7: I've played years ago. It was like a one pump chump lost And every time I try to call now I can never get through. I actually have better call on that's first caller than that game.
Speaker 1: Come on, it's tough. It's tough.
Speaker 7: Everybody keeps moving here.
Speaker 2: Did you hear those Chicks a popular radio show?
Speaker 3: But Chicks kicked ass last year out of bed head. Let's keep that momentum going in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: All right? Oh?
Speaker 8: Absolutely.
Speaker 7: When I play on the radio when somebody else is playing, I do really well.
Speaker 1: Oh no, everybody's a champion. Everybody. Everybody that is not on the air with us wins every day. Have you heard that?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, have a great workout. Thanks for start your day with us.
Speaker 7: Go Texans and go Bills.
Speaker 2: I like both of those.
Speaker 1: I like both of those.
Speaker 3: I got a lot of investment here in the AFC. Right now, all right, I gotta take a short break. Wet we come back in a rect check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up.
Speaker 1: For the press out of bed.
Speaker 9: Rock and al soon. Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: Sure is good morning everybody. No rain today, which is great news.
Speaker 3: Sun will be out highs of around fifty. That doesn't change that we have a cold weather advisory.
Speaker 1: Going on right now and it is thirty three.
Speaker 3: Outside, feels like around twenty eighth out there. I'm embarrassed that we have a link up for Zendaya is engaged, but it's trending.
Speaker 1: It's everywhere it was talking about. It's all over the place.
Speaker 3: I know you already covered that in Houston's headlines, but and we don't do a lot of entertainment news here, but everybody.
Speaker 1: Was losing their mind because she had an engagement ring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Golden Globes the other day. What else is trending though, anything worthy of substance.
Speaker 1: So what I'm still saying is also Joy Taylor, that whole lawsuit with Fox Sports one and all of that, with the Shannon Sharp and Skip Bayless. That just keeps popping up on everything I see right now? Is it a hairdresser?
Speaker 9: Is a hairdresser.
Speaker 1: Accused some people.
Speaker 4: Of sexually harassing her and then accused Joy Taylor of sleeping with people to further her career.
Speaker 1: These are all accusations. But that just like yesterday the recap people on TikTok, they're like, so, this is what's going down with the Joy Taylor situation.
Speaker 2: That's all my feed was.
Speaker 1: Well, I said, still is that this morning right now?
Speaker 3: And I didn't know who she was. That's why you put her on looking at girls yesterday?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: What else?
Speaker 1: And then I don't know, this is for you.
Speaker 4: Let's do the Canada's trending because it's your boy, your boy, Justin Trude geou stepped down.
Speaker 1: It's true, Joe, it's French. What did we have a fifth cousin on yesterday?
Speaker 2: On the show, we had Alex Trudeau, right, yeah, she.
Speaker 3: Married into the Trudeau family and she said her ex husband was a fifth cousin with Justin Trudeau, the Trudeau family.
Speaker 2: He stepped down. I don't know why he stepped down.
Speaker 1: I don't really care.
Speaker 2: It's Canada's politics.
Speaker 1: Well, because the tails wagging the dog up there, I don't know what that means. I don't even know what that means. He's lost asball wagging the dog something like that. But yeah, that's what's trending on not even by device. There is.
Speaker 3: Not only a poll question up today because I don't believe this.
Speaker 1: I don't believe this.
Speaker 3: Whole people bring in spare underwear with them every day. There's a looking at dude's blog page.
Speaker 1: Okay, looking at dude, look at us ladies. We care right out of the gate, day two on the year.
Speaker 3: A little uh, little candy for the ladies out there, and then at least looked at blonde page will be there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll come, it'll That's what's trending last good more than everybody.
Speaker 8: Slow fast Andrew your first winner of twenty twenty five, making me you're fresh out of bed head to head one day champion did not make it in the hall in twenty twenty four, so I might as well go on a four day where join me on Tuesday as I make it win number two.
Speaker 3: Bitches, son of a bitch, God Monster jam tickets yesterday, Chilly said, you know he's supposed to get a T shirt.
Speaker 1: I might give them the tickets.
Speaker 3: My mistake. You're playing for Jerry Cantre tickets today. If you want to take on Slow Fast Andrew. Call now seven, one, three, two.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four ninety four or five the Buzz Syncibus Stellar rod Ryan Show on this tat Tuesday, cold weather advisory.
Speaker 3: No precipitation out there, that's good. Pipes are already wrapped from yesterday.
Speaker 1: That's good. We're not even below freezing. That's great. It's thirty three.
Speaker 3: Outside right now, feels a little colder with the wind high today of around fifty.
Speaker 1: Let's play game and now each.
Speaker 6: Time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge listeners to New York corners.
Speaker 3: Sometimes he's slow, sometimes he's fast. Seems like he's fast more than he's slow. But Andrew, good morning. First winter on the year.
Speaker 1: You stole a pair of Monster Jam tickets from me, got me in trouble. Oh, we appreciate it. That's my fault. That's good, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bring the troops down and say hi to us out there at the first Monster Jam today. You're playing for Jerry Cantrell tickets. Slow Fast, Andrew. People were asking.
Speaker 1: Because you didn't mention it yesterday, and I didn't ask Hall of Fame how many times.
Speaker 5: After this week?
Speaker 1: Hopefully won never in the Hall of Fame, like, no, sir.
Speaker 3: He's infamous, right, he's infamous. He's no Hall of Fame, but everybody knows who he is.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: You're taking on Killer Cody, Killer Cody. Good morning, Good morning, Killer Cody.
Speaker 1: You've been in the Hall of Fame my finalists last year, right, I haven't been in the Hall of Fame last year. How far did you go in the tournament? The last game you played in the last game of the year, got cot speeding against Adam, against the cop and you're back on already.
Speaker 2: He took down Birdman.
Speaker 1: Second game, the second game of the year, I.
Speaker 5: Said, Birdman and double a seven.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right, well, Killer Cody. Did you hear a slow fast Andrew?
Speaker 5: He was?
Speaker 1: He was a killer in the tournament. That's okay, Slow fast does all right, guys.
Speaker 3: Jerry Cantrell tickets on the chopping block. Slow fast does not want to be the first one pump chump Killer Cody played played two days ago in the tournament. Here comes your questions. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer, Andrew and Cody, Alex, I need you listening carefully, please, What is the name of the toy cowboy, Cody, what's the correct answer? Slow Andrew on that one. It's really a perfect name. He is a perfectly competitor, Andrew, Andrew and Cody out how your name?
Speaker 1: Fast? When you think you know the answer?
Speaker 2: What is the color of an emerald? Cody?
Speaker 1: Andrew? Killer Cody Green? Yeah, yeah, I meant good job. It was a good game for Cody.
Speaker 2: You got plenty of time to get back.
Speaker 5: And Andrew.
Speaker 1: Don't worry any time.
Speaker 2: A lot of you you know what.
Speaker 1: Andrew doesn't care. He's like, you know what, I got a parent, take us in monster jam. I can take the whole family. I don't care what he's doing anymore. He's good, all right, Andrew, first one pump Jumper. You're adding to your trivia questions? Oh yes, sir, you know the show question yesterday. Now you're the first one pump Chump, first winner. We had a lot of titles already. It's only the second show. I'm twenty twenty five, Andrew.
Speaker 2: Good to have you on.
Speaker 1: Thanks all right, Killer Cody, you want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 9: Good dabty ball the right the show Honey ninety four or five.
Speaker 3: The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz Lincoln Park, The Emptiness Machine, Rob Ryan's show, your brother Rod and the Twins getting it done.
Speaker 1: You got a cold weather advisory for your tattooesday. We'll have some sunny skies today. Don't have to worry about any rain. We'll see highs up around fifty. Still sitting at thirty three. I mean, meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
Speaker 6: A fresh out of bed head to Head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 1: He's back.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning everybody. Killer Cody is back on the scene.
Speaker 5: Last year was my first trip to the fresh out of bed head to Head Hall of Fame, and I rode the brackets to the last game of the year. But I have unfinished business because I didn't win in all. So now I'm in your fresh out of bed head to Head one day Champion. I'm four games away from getting back in the hall. Join me on Wednesday when I'll make a win number two.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's still warm from last year and he was playing lights out. You talked about some of the people that were left in his trail of dead was Double O seven.
Speaker 1: And bird Man I think I mean man, and then he got back in out jelly skilled dude, it's skill. What's he doing? What's he painting your truck or something? Hey? Man, some side deal going on?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I know what it was? What he bring you rice Chrispy Treats.
Speaker 2: Nah, he knows I'm diabetic. Okay, the diabetes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the diabetes I know. But still that's your weakness.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, that's true, true truth.
Speaker 1: It should be everybody's weakness. Yeah. How did he get through?
Speaker 2: I mean he offered me some kin cake on like somebody else. That's what it was.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well really uh wow. I can't believe he's back. But I said it. I said, it doesn't matter what happened last year boom when we turned the calendar. Yeah, no, thirty days, know nothing. It's just like, okay, let's play New year.
Speaker 2: Knew me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Adam did not bring it up. Adam's Adam the coop. Everybody knows one. Last year he beat Killer Cody. It still gets brought up to me every year. Let the guy that won play the first game.
Speaker 1: Of the year. I'm like, we've never done that before, We've never done that before.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think what sport I get it you get to play if you win the Super Bowl. I think maybe they're getting that you get to play that Thursday night game, opening game.
Speaker 1: It's an opening kickoff game. But it's just week one. Yes, I mean it's a prime time spot, you get.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to think where people get that from. But we've never done that before, so and Adam did not ask. Adam's trying to get in.
Speaker 4: He I mean, like in boxing, you know, the champ gets to keep fighting as the champ.
Speaker 2: But yeah, okay, all right, this is a different thing. It's a tournament, it is.
Speaker 1: It's a completely different thing. All right, here we go. It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart and everybody's fu to the day. Here's the fun facts for you today. The first script for ET was a horror movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Steven Spielberg decided that he liked it better as a family movie. The horror script that was supposed to be ET was rewritten and that became Poldergeist Poltergeist really yeah, which those two.
Speaker 1: Movies are completely different.
Speaker 4: When they go in the house and eat with all the masks and all the suits on, like that was kind of scared.
Speaker 1: That was scary. If you were a little kid, that was that was pretty scary looking. Et was kind of scary in the beginning. Just he looked weird. He did, he did, and Drew Barrymore was scared. Yeah, she saw him.
Speaker 3: The dog that played Toto in The Wizard of Oz was a female Karen Terrier. The owner of the barrier named it Terry. That's not your fun fact though, It's just a really weak fact. You have a terrier named Terry. That's the best you could do. That dog, that same dog that was in The Wizard of Oz made twenty three total movie appearances, including three that were playing in theaters at the same time while The Wizard of Oz was in theaters that that dog was in it.
Speaker 1: That dog was also in a movie called The Women and Bad Little Angel. That is fun. WHOA.
Speaker 3: I would never put my kids or my kid I only have one in the entertainment industry.
Speaker 1: It ruins them. Yeah, but boy, if you want to use voodoo in your movie, I will sub that dog out everywhere.
Speaker 2: Did they only have like two dog actors in?
Speaker 1: I know, it seems like it. It's like once you're in, you're in.
Speaker 2: That Lassie air Bud was in More movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know that that particular dog receiver.
Speaker 3: Pups the three most valuable film industries in the world the United States, Hollywood, India, Bollywood, and seriously Nigeria also known as Nollywood.
Speaker 2: Oh that's neat.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that I need.
Speaker 2: It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart, bunny. Everybody's it's the funk that to the day. Oh, you guys are gonna look so smart. We really are.
Speaker 3: Saint Vincent is playing the White Elk Music Hall on April eighth. Tickets are available at Ticketmaster. You don't need Ticketmaster, it's your fun fact. You need us to get you in for free.
Speaker 1: What super famous smart guy is a fantastic dancer.
Speaker 3: Won a gold medal at a dance meet in nineteen eighty five doing the Latin ballroom for the University of Texas dance team. Okay, I guess that Latin ballroom I think is a type of dance.
Speaker 1: So yeah, U t what guy real smart? Seven? One three, two and two, five nine four five. It's now time for rockout, win your stock out with Captain Cash, also a fantastic dancer, Helen.
Speaker 2: I haven't say it very light on his feet.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, he's got those he's got like those hockey legs, so that it's a bigger guy. But I'm surprised how light he is and how nimble, very nimble. He's spry hill, very nimble, very nimble. You got it. Good morning, Hell, how many do on Wall Street? Yesterday it was a mixedale Wall Street.
Speaker 10: The Dow was down twenty five points. Kick off this morning at forty two thousand, seven hundred and six NASDAC up two hundred and forty three. We're going to kick off this morning at nineteen thousand, eight hundred and sixty four benchmarting your treasury. That's a four points sixty four percent, and oil stands at seventy four dollars for It's a barrel to the most active big navider, Amazon and Microsoft, Big Bet, Proctor and Gambel, Honeywell and Hay. On the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers for the US trade deficit for November right now. Futures, Hey, they're on the epside, hang on to This will be a positive opening right here on Wall Street. That's it. I'm out here. This is Hal and man Neags director with Ram James. Were you play the Rod Ryan Show from Raymony James and say Filippa and Augusta and don't forget to always rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 11: Viman's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and Associates. Income Ever, NYC, as IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance trans mention. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell. Any security referred to your program is we're educational and informational services on kists and does are based on movement, as reported.
Speaker 1: By Young and ninety four to five The Buzz Welcome back in rod Ryan Show. Casey's up in home room, Casey. Good morning, Bay, Good morning brother Ron. Good to have you on board this morning.
Speaker 3: Looking for a real smart dude that we found out is also a really good dancer and actually won a gold medal for the University of Texas dance team in eighty five.
Speaker 2: You're there.
Speaker 1: You're talking about that punk that killed Pluto.
Speaker 2: It's not a planet you're talking about. Neo the graphic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is he the one that said that Pluto's not a planet? Is he kind of credited with that? I believe so it's always going to be a planet. If I have to do it on a test, it is a planet. What do you call the things that are hanging up in the classroom? The mobiles, mobiles, the mobiles, their mobiles, mobiles, solar systems. Yeah, there was a plant. I know what you're talking. Okay, all right, we had to memorize it in school. It's still a planet. Casey, congratulations. Uh, you are the winners who are correct.
Speaker 3: Saint Vincent April eight, White Oak Music Hall. Everyone else can go to ticket rap dot com and get your tickets.
Speaker 1: Man, go check her out. You're gonna love it. All right, we'll do appreciate it. Thank you, Appreciate you, Casey. Happy New Year, Hey, Alexa.
Speaker 7: Play ninety four point five of The Buzz on Iheartrates Station from iHeartRadio The.
Speaker 1: Ron Bryant Show every morning six to ten on ninety four five The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 3: It's highly suspect and my name is Human, turns out the coolest guitar and seems like the most coveted guitar and guitarist this year was the highly suspect one and it was broke.
Speaker 1: It was the one by far the most every other one was playable. Was every other one you could use?
Speaker 3: I mean you wouldn't want to, And to be honest with you, the nicest the the nicest guitar of all of the guitars because a lot of times it's a Fender Squire.
Speaker 10: One.
Speaker 3: It was sent to us from Disturbed and it was one of their like really nice guitars. Yeah, the Disturbed guitar probably was the nicest one out of.
Speaker 1: All of them.
Speaker 3: But the dude, I don't remember his name, but he was in Manhattan. I think he's in New York and he won the guitar. He's from he year his mom came to pick it up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well he heard the Raymundo, the biggest highest Aspect fan of all time, was eyeing it up.
Speaker 1: I was like, hey, he's not picking it up.
Speaker 2: Let me know.
Speaker 1: He's like, no, no, no, I've got people on it on their way. Tarvis was fun last year for sure. Good mornings already, Yes it's that Tuesday though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so number one blog page number two is looking at girls, number three, four, five, and six or other blog pages, and then number seven is the looking at dudes sons last.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's dead last.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're wondering why I don't do a Looking at Dude's blog page every day. It's dead last. It's the least looked at. There's block pagers and I looked at it twelve times and that's the twelve Yeah. But there's blog pages from yesterday that have more hits today than the Looking at Dude's blog page. Trive blog pages from last year, cold weather advisory Today sunny, though later pies up around fifty. Alex has more in Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Good morning Rod, Good morning everyone, and the cold air we got yesterday is sticking around. It looks like we've got another freeze on the way this morning, and it looks like things aren't really gonna start warming up until the weekend. It doesn't look we're gonna have too much ice until maybe later in the week. But Ercott has issued another winter weather watch all across the state, so be safe out there, everybody. Congress officially certified President elect Donald Trump's election victory during a session that was presided over by Vice President Kamala Harris, who Trump beat in November's election. The whole ritual went off without incident on like four years prior.
Speaker 3: So Mike Pence was in the white wherever they do this in Congress Congress, and Mike Pence was reading off the different states. The vice president that's their job on that day, right, Kamala Harris had to do it because she's the vice president and she was reading her numbers.
Speaker 1: Do you see what I'm saying?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 2: Which does?
Speaker 1: I was thinking about that too, because like that would have been like Gore probably had to do that to Bush.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so she was reading her numbers, and everybody, including JD. Vans, every time they announced the state that Trump won, they're all hooping and hollering.
Speaker 1: And she's got to keep her composure. Yeah, you's gotta.
Speaker 3: It's one thing that the vice president's doing it, but when it's your numbers, right, it was different. So I just saw a little bit of it. You know, she kept her composure and stuff. You can tell she was pretty.
Speaker 1: She's very professional about it. And those fists were clenched and.
Speaker 2: Some lighter news.
Speaker 1: Donuts are a popular breakfast choice, so a pop tarts, But what about pop Tart donuts. Krispy Kreme has just added three pop Tart inspired donuts too. There man, you can get frosted, strawberry, chocolate, fudge, and brown sugar cinnamon donuts that all come with many versions of those pop tarts on top. Why are you doing this to me? Because it made me hungry too? Why are you doing this to anybody?
Speaker 4: I saw it and it made me hungry, so then I have to therefore make everyone else hungry.
Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Alex, I'm skinny. I'm gonna talk about donuts and pop tarts in the new year. I don't know. Pop Tarts has done some great branding Bowl season. You see the pop Tart bowl that rocked. That was the coolest trophy. That was the coolest trophy, coolest bowl. Maybe. Uh.
Speaker 4: These are all going to be available in Krispy Kreme stores for a limited time, and we'll also be selling half dozen boxes in grocery stores. In some other entertainment news, a Texas rapper goes by the name of Too Low.
Speaker 1: I don't I was not familiar with his work, But does Chili know these guys? Chili, do you know who too Low is?
Speaker 3: Because the guy that's hosting the podcast, which I have comments on all of this. The guy that's hosting the podcast is wearing an oiler's cap. It's a podcast with a video. It looks pretty low fi, meaning low budget. Yeah, Chili, are you familiar with these names?
Speaker 2: I am as familiar ass to him as you are to him.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, so we don't know it appears it looks local.
Speaker 4: Well, he made headlines because he accidentally shot himself during a podcast.
Speaker 1: Now, gun guys and gun gals are gonna lose their mind when they see this video.
Speaker 4: It's a real Plexico Burist situation, if you understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So, no, Holster, Nope, I don't know this stuff. Okay, I'm saying, reached into his pocket. Yeah, gun was in his pocket. He's wearing a pair of Jeens safety clearly not on. Yes, and then I know what he was grabbing for.
Speaker 4: But he pulled the old Plexico barus and bam, shot himself riding the leg.
Speaker 1: Well, the gun goes off. We have the video. You got audio? Yeah, I got audio. Look at what we can play. Let's play this audio. In the middle of a conversation, the guys talking and and.
Speaker 3: The dude in the oilers hat. He's was like, hey, who got shot? Like he listen, he does not react.
Speaker 2: He was very chilling.
Speaker 1: Nobody stood up and freaked out. Listen, choices we got in life, those were your choices? Who who?
Speaker 2: Somebody got shot?
Speaker 1: Oh? How good?
Speaker 10: Dead?
Speaker 1: What on want with my da? I cannot believe how mellow they are. If I like, gonna make a joke shot myself during the show, when you were just like, all right, anyways, rod Ryan Show nine from five buzz like, that's pretty much what he went into. Profess, It's exactly what they did.
Speaker 2: He's a professional.
Speaker 1: He's a pro. He's definitely a pro. But nobody hurt. Nobody got hit. He didn't shoot himself in the leg either. It just must have hit.
Speaker 2: Okay, so go watch this video.
Speaker 3: I would like to hear from gun enthusiasts because I know what you're already going to say, but I do want to hear your thoughts on this video.
Speaker 4: Yeah, alright, it was crazy and guests Kelly roll back in the news. He is now the proud owner of a donkey. He and his wife Bunny XO, who we're still talking about now have a farm that they're trying to fill out, and they had just gotten three miniature cows, and I guess for Bunny and Jelly Roll's kids. Jelly Roll was just jealous that he didn't get a farm animal everybody else did. Jellyroll, you're paying for all that, dude, just by yourself. Another miniature cow. So Bunny surprised him with his very own donkey that he is now named Grizz. He is a donkey father.
Speaker 3: Now you know this is going to get back to Tessa absolutely, and she's gonna say, those idiots gave me so much crap about mentioning Bunny XO and now they're talking about Bunny XO, I.
Speaker 4: Need to turn on our little friendship lamp that she's got happy when she hears that. So yeah, jelly Roll still the news, and now he owns a donkey.
Speaker 1: So congratulations with jelly Roll, and congratulations to Bunny XO as well. Another nuse. She's still in this. What's going on in sports Alex In sports, Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna play the Wizards on the road. Tip off was at six o'clock and you can listen to that game over on Our Sister station Sports Talk seven ninety That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 9: Houston's rocking alternatives The.
Speaker 11: Rod Rost the Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz The.
Speaker 1: Buzz Foo Fighters Learn to Fly. Welcome to the seventh spot.
Speaker 3: If you're carrying over from home room, thank you for just joining us. Wakey Waki, keep your snaky wrapped.
Speaker 1: It's still cold. Got a cold weather advisory. What you got? Thirty two Put on the glasses Rod thirty three, thirty three. Sonny pies up around fifty today.
Speaker 3: The video that everyone's talking about right now because alex I mentioned it in Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: He's a Houston guy.
Speaker 3: He was born here because the story obviously just has a Texas rapper, but Toulo was.
Speaker 1: Born here in Houston. It says, I had to go look this up. He's in the news.
Speaker 3: He accidentally fired his gun in the middle of a podcast interview.
Speaker 1: He reached into his pocket, and I know you guys have holsters and special and safeties and things you know that are bandoliers, well, but you have things that prevent this sort of activity. He just reached into his pocket for no reason, like he wasn't being threatened. Nobody was like attacking the set or anything for some reason. He was just yeah, he was reaching into his pocket. He thought that's where his gun was, and he fired his weapon. The gun went off, No one got hurt.
Speaker 3: The calmness of the host of the podcast, who's wearing an old oiler's hat, is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: So he's he's he is a Houston rapper. That's like, that's streetcrets just through the roof, right, just like a gunshot.
Speaker 3: Well, you know how you get the super Bowl bump when you play the super Bowl, your your Spotify and all of your album sales, everything goes through the roof. Like does that does this guy get like the accidental firing of a of a gun?
Speaker 1: Does he get a bump? I feel like I have to have someone shoot a guy on my podcast this week. Do you want to hear Too Low music? After hearing Cam Moore? I don't know what this means, he says.
Speaker 3: Not only did he almost shoot himself, he exposed the switch on the back of his glock.
Speaker 1: Lol, silly goose.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough, James so much stupid In one video, Rod too Low probably a fitting name. His IQ is apparently too low to own or possess a firearm. Yeah, holsters exist for a reason, including ones that fit in your pocket. Cooper's four rolls of gun handling exist for a reason. Why is he fat fingering it sitting there in a chair so much? WTF in one video? Yeah, anyone that's semi interested in the guns is checking.
Speaker 1: This video out. And the face the guy makes though when the gun goes off with he's the kid, Yeah he has that face. But again, watch the host. Yeah, he's who got shot. But nobody stands up and goes what's going on? What's going on? There's not a lot of like activity and scurrying around.
Speaker 4: Do you think that's the first time a gun's been fired in the studio, because it doesn't seem like it the way he react not.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think it's the.
Speaker 3: First time that a gun has been fired in that studio. It's just not the first time that those guys have heard a gun go off that they didn't know where it came from. Yeah, because Chili knows, he'll laugh. I've been with Chili at a late event.
Speaker 1: That's the first story you ever told me about Chilly When I'm at Chill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm there he's taking He's got me at some strip joint at three in the morning, and I go out to my I go out to the parking lot and I hear pop pop pop.
Speaker 1: It doesn't sound like guns in a movie.
Speaker 2: It was fireworks food.
Speaker 1: And this is the same example.
Speaker 3: You you know, if I'm not around guns all that much, so I'm a you know, I know what John Wick sounds like, you know, and those are awesome sounding guns, but in real life, they're more like pop pop pop, and that's what I heard.
Speaker 1: And then Chilly's like, hit the deck, fool, Like, what was that?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: I thought those are those little snapcapper things that people throw on the groundworks.
Speaker 1: This gun just goes pop and I'm sure it's loud there. I'm sure it's loud, but it's just it's not like a movie gun. And these guys have been around it before because nobody stands up. Everyone's just like, oh boy, you know who got who? Oh boy? Who got hit this time? Yeah?
Speaker 12: One of the like it was a good thing that nobody was sending next to that guy or in front of him, because you can see the bullet, the bullet, you can see the hole going through his the bullet going through his pants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you see the fire, you know what I mean, the flash, the flash that comes out of the gun. You see that through the pants. So he must have shot the floor. But you know, you don't know if that ricocheted or you're looking around at everybody?
Speaker 1: Is everybody? Okay? What happened with classical Boris? The gun went in the nightclub.
Speaker 4: He was wearing sweatpants and I don't know if it was tucked on his waistband or it was his pocket, but just fiddling around and it went off and shot him in the leg.
Speaker 1: It's amazing, like the loose gun hostage. I know it's not. I know it's not most people, But I'm just saying when we see stories like this, just I know an idiot me. I know, you need some kind of a holster.
Speaker 3: You need some kind of a safety measure, not a loose gun. Yeah, and this guy probably didn't have the safety. Again, he's just playing with his gun in his pants.
Speaker 2: Well, glocks, they'll have safety.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait a minute, Chili, you got knowledge.
Speaker 2: Most of the glocks that I know don't.
Speaker 12: They don't have a safety like their safety, Their safeties in the in the trigger. So it's got a little button in the trigger, so you know, you say that he's gonna go.
Speaker 1: Off, Okay, gotta be careful.
Speaker 2: So that's why I mean, you gotta.
Speaker 12: I don't know, man, I know enough about guns, yeah, to respect them that I know that it can hurt me and it can hurt other people. I own guns, but you know, I'm also very careful with it and lock them up and everything.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't. You know, It's it's crazy. You hear all those stories on the news and everything, and you know.
Speaker 1: Jeez, I didn't know any of this. I just know about your love gun. I hear about that.
Speaker 2: As a BB gun right there.
Speaker 1: All right, This video it's got its own lead because there was you know, I was gonna put it on three Things.
Speaker 3: You Must see, and I said, no, you must must must see this video. So that's got its own blow page on links and guests. So make sure you go and you check that out. Let me take a short break. Gun people want to chime in like all morning long. Now, yeah, let's ditch that because I want to just I'm gonna mention it just because I got a captive audience. Chilli, do you have a link up for people that might be interested in coming down here to play Read my Lips on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's up there right now on links and Guests.
Speaker 12: You can sign up for your chance to play against Alex or myself and read my Lips.
Speaker 2: Simple instructions.
Speaker 12: Just make sure you're available to be at the station by seven forty five.
Speaker 2: Am this Thursday. We have never, ever, ever, first time you.
Speaker 1: Offered listeners to play Read my Lips.
Speaker 3: But because we're down, we're down a man, a one man, we're down a person on the show that we are gonna let you come in and play.
Speaker 2: All right, I will talk more about it.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to get something. If you will.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you're walking out of here. If you lose, you're walking out here with what you came with. Yeah yeah, kick and you got to buy his breakfast.
Speaker 1: All right. That's on Lincsin Guests. I'll talk more about it.
Speaker 9: Rock and Alternative Fairs to The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four and five The Buzz. Just like the man said, good morning rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 3: On this ten Tuesday, guys are looking at all the stuff that we have on LinkedIn guests, I feel like most of you were back at work yesterday like us, but most of the kids weren't, so I don't know if parents took an extra day.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: It seems like there's a little bit more traffic today. I see a lot of the website is getting more hits. I'm getting more emails, seems to be more calls this morning. Sunny's guys later. Highs up around fifty. It's about thirty three outside right now. So that cold weather advisory it's on.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got Monster Gym tickets coming up for you. But first let's find out what's trending with alex Well.
Speaker 4: Texas rapper too Low is currently trending after Houston guy.
Speaker 1: I just discussed him.
Speaker 4: He fired during a podcast accidentally, and that's a pretty viral clip right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, discussing. But yeah, you check that out. It's got a ton blog page today. A lot of people go on the Weaponer's Rod Ryan Show page, a lot of people calling in.
Speaker 3: I mean, I knew that this was going to be a pretty big topic and people were going to want to check out this video. I see, I see why it's trending data. It says brother Rod Chili's right. Glocks don't have safeties. I love glocks. I own a few best guns. Ever, that idiot doesn't no gun safety and too index it absolutely no respect for guns.
Speaker 1: That's why it went off. Guns don't go off unless the trigger is pulled. What an idiot.
Speaker 3: Happy New Year, Dana, Thank you Dana. I mean Chris Jacob. Everybody, Chris says, brother Rod my sig does not have a safety. Should be in a holster when carrying. He had a customer once who claimed to be a gun guy showing his son in his new firearm and shot himself on the leg. You gotta be careful. And everybody's using the word respect. Everyone's using the word respect. It's funny everyone has the exact same kind of take on this.
Speaker 1: I knew it. I knew it was going to be something that people wanted to say. That video is definitely trending now. We're talking about it so much on the world famous Rod Ryans Show page at buzz dot com. What else spare underwear also trending today? I knew it.
Speaker 4: The poll we got on the at Rod Ryan Show on X half of Americans say they carry spare underwear with them. Rod Ryan Show listeners eighty two percent do not carry spare underwear with him.
Speaker 2: I thought that was a little high.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying people don't carry spare underwear. And if you go on on a trip, absolutely right, But this is just quadruple what you need.
Speaker 3: But this is a daily thing. Do you have and I worded it is, do you have access to a pair of backup underwear? Maybe it's in your purse, maybe you keep a pair in your car or some bag or at work?
Speaker 1: Right do you?
Speaker 3: But on the rag every day? Do you have access to a backup pair of underwear? Seventeen percent of our audience says yes.
Speaker 1: Though I mean you gotta be prepared, so different different strokes for different folks.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you can go vote on that poll on our X at Rod Ryan Show if you have it yet. And finally, in trending, WWE on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Is trending because it was the first night at WWE raw was exclusively on Netflix. It's not free anymore, I get. I mean, if you have Netflix, it's free. No, it's not. Netflix is a bay. Yeah, I know. It was at the Intuit Dome in LA which is the New Clippers Arena.
Speaker 4: So WWE on Netflix trending, and that's what's going on, all right, that's what's trending on ninety five the bus.
Speaker 1: Well we talk about Roast and four Rod. You don't know anything we know. I know that it's on Netflix. Listen, guns in wrestling, I'm a nuts and superheroes and Mandalorian I know it all.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, mas, Jimmy. Now I know a couple of things about Monster Jam. I do not a lot, but I know a few things about Monster Jam. I know we got three shows coming up. I got a four pack of tickets with pit passes for the Saturday February one show at NRG Stadium.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be down in the pits.
Speaker 3: Me and the Twins will be down there with our brand new truck, all three Monster Jams, all of us will be down there.
Speaker 1: Come on down.
Speaker 3: We'll we'll shake the babies and kiss the hands and all of that stuff, and we'll take the pictures and.
Speaker 1: Sign anything that you want. So just be prepared to come down to the pit and hang out with us a little bit. All right.
Speaker 3: So for February one, that's the Saturday night show. We're gonna get you there in the afternoon to come down to the pits. Four pack seven, one, three, two, two, five.
Speaker 1: Nine, five, The Rod Ryan Show, five I Pooped?
Speaker 3: What the Buzz ninety four or five bus link win eighty two and I miss you rod Ryan shump on this tattooesday. The meme still hits for me every single time. It's kind of like the woman screaming on the left panel and the cat on the right panel.
Speaker 1: I still kind of chuckle at that.
Speaker 3: It's years now, But Sydney Sweeney from the clip from Euphoria and she's crying in the mirror. There was a scene in the show you oh yeah, So she's in the mirror, she's crying, and then it's you know, my girlfriend listening to me in the shower singing blink onin eighty two and she's like in the mirror and she's crying and the guy singing the Yed part.
Speaker 1: There's that one.
Speaker 3: There's one where the dude singing creed. There's one where the guy I think is uh singing limp biscuit.
Speaker 1: There's the Borat one where me practicing my Borat impression. My WAF is so funny because I watched Euphoria, I'm embarrassed, Like I was embarrassed, and I watched you watching it and telling me how it made you cringe made me not watch it. Yeah, having a daughter and watching Euphoria, I'll share something with you too, now, all right, so let me wrap this one up.
Speaker 3: So Euphoria, I don't know if it's ever coming back, because you were talking about Zendaia.
Speaker 1: She's so huge now Sidney Sweeney blew up too.
Speaker 3: And Sidney Sweeney those are the two it girls, and those are the two biggest names in Euphoria. And even the dude played Elvis in the Priscilla movie and then he was in that saltburn h some guys too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're all from Euphoria.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's coming back or not.
Speaker 13: But it was so.
Speaker 3: Alarming to watch because I have a daughter, I'm like, oh my god. I watched the first episode of land Man last night. Billy Bob Thornton, Uh, really good Texas Oil and Gas.
Speaker 1: I learned a lot.
Speaker 3: I know that they're taking some liberties, and I know not everything is factual, but he it deals like that with the mineral rights underneath the land, and you know you might own a ranch on top.
Speaker 1: But then somebody could buy the mineral rights underneath you. My friend a Hustle did that.
Speaker 3: He has a daughter in there, and she said some things that my jaw hit the This is after watching Euphoria Billy. Bob Thornton's daughter said a few things and I just said, no, never, I'm not made me so uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Daughters him talking to her about her boyfriend. Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a big high school guy that was recruited. You know, there's a big like college star. Yeah, Oh my god. He she's sharing some things with her father. They said, if London ever shares.
Speaker 1: With meuse myself and gonna throw up. Having a daughter ruins you in that way.
Speaker 3: Everything else is great, Alex, but watching some of that stuff it ruins you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, lamb Man. Seems like it's gonna be pretty good though. Yeah. Became highly recommended by my neighbor. I know I was talking about it before the end of the year too.
Speaker 3: Let's go over to the phones here, Good morning, Rob Ryan's showy do?
Speaker 1: Hi? Who's this this is Shay?
Speaker 8: How's it going right?
Speaker 1: Great man? Your caller number ten. It looks like you're gonna get the Monster Jam tickets four pack w pit passes Saturday, February one, Energy Stadium. Shay you down for that. That's awesome, man.
Speaker 8: The kids are gonna be super excited.
Speaker 1: Haven't been in a while?
Speaker 3: Okay, good so yeah, bring the family down. Come say hi everybody like those kids.
Speaker 1: They walk right past me, they go, they blow right past Alex, they go right over to Chile. Are you Chili Brown out.
Speaker 2: To be Chili Brown?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chili Brown would be down there, absolutely, all right, awesome. Yeah, it's a big, big deal. All right, Shae, congratulations, dude, We'll see you guys.
Speaker 1: Donitts. Thank you, Shae. Have an awesome day.
Speaker 3: Day two and another apology email. Oh wow, no, this is the second apology email today. The winner of Monster Jam tickets yes or no, The Winter of Buzs the winner of Buzzfest tickets yesterday.
Speaker 1: I apologize for not sounding excited. I'm like, bro, you were great.
Speaker 3: He was in the middle of hooking up a semi truck to something. This is funny though, I remember this guy, Oscar. Oscar is the guy that plays uh read my lips and he leaves with the Bisinnanches. He always signs off with bis natches and his Victories. Hey, brother, Rod, I wanted to apologize for being the nut job at Kroger. I know he's heard me say nutjob before on the air. That's why I'm laughing that he typed that out. I know I used the term nutjob. I wasn't talking about Oscar though.
Speaker 1: Rod.
Speaker 3: I wanted to apologize for being that nut job at Kroger on Saturday, screaming your name in the parking lot.
Speaker 1: I was just so starstruck by actually seeing you. I always wanted to meet you and wanted to come.
Speaker 3: Over and ask for a selfie, but I had a pregnant wife and two toddlers in the car, so I just wanted to say Hi.
Speaker 1: Love the show.
Speaker 3: I beat Slow Fast Andrew last year, so I'm going to call in to try to beat him. Well that was early this morning, Oscar, he's out of the way already. I'm walking into Kroger and somebody is screaming nutjob like across.
Speaker 1: I mean, Row is over and I thought he was gonna come over. I'm like, listen, if you see us out, I'm speaking for alex and Chile. Now, yes, get the picture, Come say hi to us if you see us out. If we're sitting there.
Speaker 3: If we're at the dinner table already and we're with our wives or girlfriends or whatever family, maybe wait till afterwards. But other than that, I know, I speak for everybody. Come get the picture and say hi. Yeah right, it makes me, It makes us look cool. Yeah, it makes us look cool. And then my friends don't believe that people listen to our show.
Speaker 4: Are like, yeah, oh that's great. Like the twentieth anniversary probably like, oh, people really do listen to You're like, yeah, man, it's been twenty years. Yeah, I'm picking between what tuna fish to buy.
Speaker 1: You say hi, Yeah, I'm not busy. That's that's all of us. So when we had l in the hospital room next to us and I was like you're uh, you're Alex.
Speaker 2: I was like, what's up in the hospital.
Speaker 1: He literally like he had a son born the same day that my daughter was born, and that's why they were in the recovery room right next to us. That is awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 3: I speak for all of us. Just come over and say hi. Although he said that he had the wife and all those little kids that he was worried about. So oscar next time, hopefully, we'll get a pick together, all right.
Speaker 9: The Rod Ryan Show ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Buzz, My Buffalo Boys, Google Dolls and Iris. Chad m c says he feels like he's in Buffalo right now.
Speaker 1: It is Buffalo like weather. Although it was seventeen yesterday right after I left.
Speaker 3: I was in Buffalo for the holidays, right after I left, talking to my sister yesterday four inches. My kid's like, yes now now two days after we leave. Yeah, it came down like right after we left. Because this this cold.
Speaker 1: Front that we're receiving that we that we're in the middle of right now. I mean Dallas way colder than we are.
Speaker 3: Normally that happens too, but I mean that goes all the way up, all the way up to Buffalo. They got, I mean this cold snamp. I mean you saw that weather wiener.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, today from Virginia d Kansas.
Speaker 3: Weather wiener that Alex was talking about yesterday, the ACI weather diagram that was one of the big links yesterday on links and yes.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so we got some cold weather, not too bad. It's above freezing, about thirty three, sunny later no rain today, hies up of around.
Speaker 3: Fifty Chile has a link up on Links and Guests today, it says, would you like to play Read my Lips? We have never offered up you guys an opportunity to come down to the studio and play.
Speaker 1: This isn't something that you can call in. It's not a radio game like do we normally do where you call in and you just kind of play along on you know, on your phone.
Speaker 3: You got to be here and we're given we're gonna try it out. If you act a fool, I'll shut it down.
Speaker 1: But you can.
Speaker 3: But you can sign up to come down because because Tessa's not here, we need three people to kind of execute the game, plus me hosting. So if you want to sign up, just follow the directions.
Speaker 1: You just if you sign up.
Speaker 3: You have to be available, because again that's acting a fool signing up and then saying, oh, I couldn't get there in time, or I couldn't make it down, or I signed up. You chose me, but then my boss decided to not give me the time off of work or whatever. But you could be in studio with us Thursday morning, playing either Alex or Chili. I guess we're gonna do a coin flip as to who you're going to play. All right, it's a one and done situation. If you win, you'll get a great prize.
Speaker 1: But that's it.
Speaker 3: It's a one and done and then we'll have it. We can do this for a couple of weeks now, if you don't act up.
Speaker 2: If you behave yes, we'll keep going.
Speaker 1: All right. Go to the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot.
Speaker 9: Com The Rod Ryan Morning Show six The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Alex and Chili were slow dancing during that. Yeah, it was great, it's nice. It's good to be around show nice. I thought, maybe I'll get you guys some roller skates. It's like a couple skate odds going around, you know, like you couldn't be out there by yourself, but you two could go out there and say that Note four five and the Buzz good morning everybody. Because it's not one, it's two emails.
Speaker 3: So if I say, like usually you get an email about something, there's another one hundred people that believe that. Now I have two emails. Does that mean there's two hundred people at least. These two emails kind of say the same thing to like, Rod, you're a fool. If you don't play the gun game today with this gun video that we have, which is now it's now battling. It's battling against the tattooesday Instagram feature. So many people are looking at it. I know I wanted to play Don't Be a Pig. I sold today's show as we were going to play Don't Be a Pig. I don't think we have would that ruin anyone's day? If I switched to the gun game and we get a bunch of gls on doing the gun sound to win the Buzzfest ticket.
Speaker 2: We have kind of like not had that female voice.
Speaker 1: So I feel like, yeah, this is actually perfect.
Speaker 3: And I feel like the video of the local rapper that his gun went off during the podcast, if we get him on the show, if you haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if he wants to call in, great, somebody does. Truly doesn't even know this guy. Do you think I give Bobby Jokes to shoot a gun tomorrow on the podcast.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's a good idea. I don't think we should go viral. Yeah, you would go viral for I think we're gonna switch to the gun game. You have to at a twenty I feel like it's the right thing to do. I don't want to be I think one guy said you're a fool if you don't.
Speaker 1: Play the gun game today. I want to be a fool who wants to be foolish.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be a fool.
Speaker 1: Cold weather advisory. We'll find out more, Alex says Houston's headlines. Yeah, good morning everyone. The cold air we got yesterday, it's sticking around today.
Speaker 4: We've got another freeze on the way this morning, and it looks like things aren't really gonna start warming up until the weekend, doesn't.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna get a lot of ice, at least.
Speaker 4: In the Houston area, but up north that's gonna be way worse for sure.
Speaker 1: Arcot has issued another winter weather warning or weather watch across the state.
Speaker 4: So you know, bring your plants in, you pet, your old people, your pets, everybody be safe out there, Okay, And just because the roads don't look bad doesn't mean that people don't drive crazy. Just because it's cold. It's like when it rains, people forget how to drive. So be safe out there.
Speaker 1: The cold is like a full moon. It absolutely it makes people a little nutty. Yeah, it's cold, so I have to drive differently.
Speaker 4: President Joe Biden was in New Orleans yesterday to meet the families of those killed in the New Year's attack. He and First Lady Jill Biden visited a memorial near the site and attended a prayer service with the grieving families.
Speaker 1: And we're still just continuously getting more and more information about like how that all went down, as as the days progress.
Speaker 4: In some lighter news, when most people leave their house, they run through this similar checklist that I do. That you got your phone, your wallet, your keys. But do you also check to make sure you've got your spare pair of underwear? Because I don't. But according to a study, half of Americans carry Sperry underwear with them for their emergency. Seventy percent of those people that say they carry Spear underwear say.
Speaker 1: It's coming handy at least once. Rod could not believe this, so we did our own poll on x at Rod Ryan Show, and right now, eighty four percent of people say that they do not carry a spare pair of underwear. I do not. I thought it was high. You said no, no, I don't. I mean I get like if you take your gym bag to work.
Speaker 4: That's an easy way to like throw in a spare pair, if you just got it in the trunk, that's an easy way to have a spare pair. But like we're talking about on the reg though, you going with your briefcase, you have some mondays in there.
Speaker 3: Or in your bottom desk drawer if you just what case. What's it like having an office?
Speaker 1: I bet John Ham did that in Madmen. Yeah, Draper probably had a bunch oh yeah, fair shirts. He was crushing his broad's chili. You have an extra pair of underwear in maybe your your bag over there you bring out oh here it is hi chili.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't bring it to work or anything. But if I'm traveling, yeah, you always got to take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is not traveling a two day trip. You take one hundred pairs on it.
Speaker 3: Just because this is just on the Bog's saying that they might sk themselves at any time.
Speaker 2: I mean there's certain conditions you'ple have. You know, you have ibs.
Speaker 4: Maybe he's it crones that you also you never know, So like I absolutely understand the situations where you would be like, hey, this is this is a good It's probably not a bad ad the guy, the guy that did your job in New Orleans.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, Spinado. He was the sports guy, great man. He had two separate sets of clothes in his gym bag. In his bag every day. He didn't it was gonna work out guy either. He had separate sets of clothes. He thought he was going to soil everything he was wearing. And he had a separate set of clothes. And sometimes too, I look it was he was like O C D about it.
Speaker 4: In college, sometimes I would take a second shirt in my backpack because if it was hot outside and i'd walk from my apartment to class, I would sweat through the shirt because it would be really hot.
Speaker 1: But I never really used it. It was just like in case I got a backup shirt. I'm thinking this. This is the type of thing where you hear it, you never thought about doing it yourself, but then all of a sudden, it's smart. It's not a bad idea. I bring the same bag to work every day. Why not throw a pair of panties in the bottom of it. No one's going to it, don't take a lot of room.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and I'm gonna do that too, so he Casey, I'll just see me stand up and I don't come back.
Speaker 1: You know what? All right, but I'll go vote on that poll on X at Rod Ryan Show if you haven't yet.
Speaker 4: In some celebrity news, it looks like Zindaia and Tom Holland are engaged. People noticed Zindaia wearing a diamond ring at the Golden Globes on Sunday night, and then it came out that Holland had proposed to her between Christmas and New Year's Eve at Zendaia's family home, one of her family homes she has multiple. We've got our own blog page on that if you want to go check out the ring. It's five carrots.
Speaker 1: A little out of my price range personally, but good for them they got that movie money. I don't know what that stuff costs even here. I mean, that's a that's a two million dollar ring. I don't know. When I bought that, I felt like I was speaking French. It was just like, what, yeah, that sounds about right, diamond guy?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 3: Did the guy ask you what your budget was? You don't have to say, I'm just saying, did he ask you, like, what's your budget?
Speaker 1: He did? And then he tried to upsel me a bunch. Yeah, to a couple of different places, but I found a good spot, found good spot.
Speaker 4: A thirty six year old single mom had a really, really good Christmas, all thanks to post Malone. Apparently post Malone left her a twenty thousand dollars tip at the bar that she was working at on Christmas Eve. She was at the rail Yard and Texans played the Ravens in Houston on Chris Miss So he was there.
Speaker 1: He was getting ready to do his show and he said Shaboozy was there too. Yeah. So she said it was a really slow night. She had a couple of regulars there. I mean, it's Christmas Eve, not a ton of people at the bar usually, but posty Christmas night?
Speaker 10: Was it?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 1: I thought it was Christmas Eve?
Speaker 2: Was it the night before Christmas Eve?
Speaker 1: So she had a good Christmas?
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, So she said she's just hanging out there.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of regulars and then Shahboozy post Malone and some of their people came in, which is kind of created wait both of you guys, yeah, wild at the rail Yard. So she said that they were listening to music on the juke box. They were hanging out, just kind of just doing whatever, and then Renee Brown's the name of the bartender. She said that post went to go pay his tab, but some of the regulars and his friends had already taken care of it.
Speaker 2: So he was like, well, hey, I'd like to leave you a tip.
Speaker 1: You've been waiting on me all night, and she gave him a one dollar tab. He paid that, and then he gave her a twenty thousand dollars tip on the end of that, which is pretty insane awesome move by posting. She posted the receipt. So this is a legit local story.
Speaker 4: I always love it because you see anytime a celebrity or anybody of some type of note goes out and like leaves a bad tip, you see that. It's the first thing you see it, and then you're like, this person's a bad tipper. But it's cool when you see the other reverse and not that that's necessary, but that's insane that you gus. I'm just really drop twenty k real fast.
Speaker 3: I need post malone, like you guys like Snoop on everything. I need more post malone on things.
Speaker 1: You know, I could see if he balanced out Snoop a little bit, I'll be cool. With that. Yeah, I need a Cowboys Fano. So I'm kind of aginstant. He was a cool move. He needs to be integrated into more things. Yeah, yeah, he's he's likable, but he.
Speaker 4: Has like it, doesn't He like own Canes Now he owns a part of Canes. I think so he's taken over too. But you can go check out all of this on the music blog page to day.
Speaker 1: And basketball Rockets are back in action tonight.
Speaker 4: They're gonna play the Wizards on the road Tip Office at six o'clock and you can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Are we playing the gun game next hour? Sure are, buddy, Okay. I don't want to be a fool. We have to, Yeah, don't. If anybody causes fools, they're wrong. We're playing now. You know how to get me to do something? Threaten me with being foolish.
Speaker 13: The rod Ryan Morning Show six, The Bus ninety four five, The Buzz High Point a show, Peeps came, The Elephant, Ain't No Rest for the Wicked.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan's Show tat Tuesday, although the rapper accidentally shooting his gun in the middle of a podcast.
Speaker 1: By the end of the show, that might be our number one link tattoo those day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it might be our number one link too. Low is the is the rapper that Alex is talking about? Is a Houston guy accidentally fired off his gun in the middle of a podcast interview. You know, it'd be one thing if we had the audio of it. But these guys are videoing their podcast.
Speaker 1: Of course they are.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I have the whole thing for you. It's it's right there, Chili put it up on links and guests. It's got its own link today, which is leading me to believe why we need to play.
Speaker 1: The gun game now.
Speaker 3: So all right, we'll talk about that in a minute. Cold weather advisory, just like my man Alex had talked about. It's about thirty three outside right now. It's gonna warm up though, sunny skies later on highs of around fifty.
Speaker 1: I'll take that. I'll take that. The thirty business is not the business that I'm in anymore. I'm just not in that business. No, I'm out of business with that. I am.
Speaker 3: Somebody was asking does she have to pay? And I'm talking about post Malone leaving.
Speaker 2: It was the rail yard.
Speaker 3: Post Malone was in town because he was a part of Beyonce's halftime show for the Texans on Christmas, and Shaboozie was a part of that halftime show and they went out.
Speaker 1: To the rail yard.
Speaker 3: They're partying, and they left a twenty thousand dollars tip for the waitress.
Speaker 1: I think she's got to pay taxes on that.
Speaker 3: I know Trump has talked about getting rid of taxes on tips, but that's not an effect yet.
Speaker 1: Got that she's got to pay taxes on that twenty grand. That's okay, it's a lot of money. I think she's I'm pretty sure she gotta pay. It was not an Olympic here, so well, I don't know where you come up.
Speaker 3: With some of these things. I know I know where you come up with them. You come up with them during the past, the Gravy podcast. I know that's where they come from. But I don't know if there's any is.
Speaker 1: The word validity.
Speaker 2: I'm only paying them every four year.
Speaker 1: Problem, that's it. You're just paying taxes every four years, and there's an Olympics, the summer Olympics. I pay. Yeah, that's the kind of advice we don't need to be given out right, it didn't Well, you're right, did not work out? Well? Did I tell you there's a Looking at Dudes blog page?
Speaker 2: Did is anybody looked at those dudes?
Speaker 3: No, nobody has looked at it. Ashley with and Eye looked at it and that was it. Nobody else has looked at Looking at Dudes. Now Chili has it as the number one link today, so it's not hard to Like, you said, I can sell it. You say, if I can sell it, some sweaty workout shops from Chris Hemsworth. He's a pretty hunky guy.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: Okay, I knew he was jacked. I didn't know he was that jacked. Okay, speaking of workouts, Mark Wahlberg knew he was jacked. That guy doesn't take a day off. Ever, It's almost obnoxious how he talks about being up at three in the morning, which probably.
Speaker 1: People say that about me. You guys know, he posts that schedule that he has all the time, and it's like, where in your schedule does it say post your schedule and talk about your schedule, because you're doing that and I don't see that pencil then Anyway, dude's up at three o'clock of course he's got handlers. He's not.
Speaker 3: They never show him filling the tub and putting the ice in there. There's a minion doing that for him.
Speaker 1: That's okay, he's still doing it. He's putting in the work. Okay. Minions aren't lifting the weights he's lifting. Okay.
Speaker 3: The guy never takes a day off. Mark Wahlberg, no shirt looks great, Okay. Buster Rhymes getting pretty jacked again. Yeah, yeah, he got fat for a while. I remember that Buster Rhymes is working out.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now I got Jeremy Renner's birthday. This is all I'm looking at, dudes, all right, Jeremy runners back. Johnny Depp is on this page. The guy that's in Nosferatu, Nicholas Holt. He's got the fake Wiener.
Speaker 1: The movie. Yeah, I guess so. Nicholas Cage is having a birthday today. He's a weirdo. Will Smith is on there. I gotta look at it. Dude's blog page, and nobody gives a f why I don't do it every day. I was told that I was a fool.
Speaker 3: If I'm not riding the heels of the accidental gun shot by the local rapper video, I'm a fool if I don't play the gun Game today, I don't want to be a fool. I sold it today in my little promo. I heard your promo yesterday too. My kid was listening to our radio or our station on her radio. Oh still, yeah, nice, and I heard your promo. Come on, I think you were talking about read my lips.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, join us.
Speaker 3: On Tuesday, slow fast. Andrew's gonna try to make it win number two. What a waste that was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't win.
Speaker 6: Not the best.
Speaker 1: I said, we're gonna play. Don't be a pig at a twenty call me a liar. We're gonna play the gun game. We're gonna all right, we're gonna play. Well, we're not fools, which is really the most important thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me hear you gon.
Speaker 1: So this is for the gals. This is for the girls. We don't have that Tesla clip. Even if Tessa was here, I would just make her do it live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that clip.
Speaker 1: We should eat Sophia to coming into it. That clip. Oh my god, that's brilliant. Well, wrangler, Wrangler in the break. I'm gonna bring Sophia in here from the front desk. That's perfect.
Speaker 3: Oh my God, it's gonna be so great. It's gonna be so great. I know it is, so even if people have asked for that Tessa clip, it was on a sound machine and the other building right never left.
Speaker 1: Then we transferred stuff over, but they were like, we actually didn't transfer everything over, so sorry. Now, all right, what do you need to know?
Speaker 3: You need to know that we're gonna take a break and we're gonna come back and we're gonna again reset the table. We're gonna line up some of the girls, ladies that are listening to the show, and we're gonna play the gun Game to win Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 1: All right, don't go anywhere.
Speaker 13: The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six am, the buzz that's who we are.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, everybody. We've got a cold weather advisory, sunny skies later highs of around fifty. We're going to play the gun game coming up. But first eight twenty one, this is our What's Trending segment? And two people sent me this, and then I saw the Enron egg was trending. Have you seen it anywhere? I saw something about it. I have not seen this visa. The people that bought the Enron domain or whatever it is.
Speaker 3: If there was any question before whether or not they were trolling us. If you don't know, Enron dot Com was purchased.
Speaker 1: It took out some local billboards here, but we're back and they're selling merch. But wow, this was a video that just came out on TikTok.
Speaker 2: We have harnessed the power of the atom.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 14: The Enron Egg, the world's first micro nuclear reactor for residential suburban use this little device.
Speaker 1: It looks like a pterodactyl egg and it's supposed to be able to power your everything for ten years.
Speaker 3: And you can buy it from Enron, so you can go camping with this thing everything. It's an egg that will power a UNI. Purchasing on it, if it was real, would be amazing. Enron is trolling us. The people behind en Ron we kind of knew that already, but I saw that.
Speaker 1: Was something that was trending. What else, well, Tattooesday is also trading nice.
Speaker 4: This is from Los Magnificoce submitted today's Tattoosday.
Speaker 1: He sends in some good stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's Jennifer Macon and good choice, good choice, Top two on the air for me and my yearly rankings.
Speaker 1: Sure to stay two, but top two.
Speaker 4: Go check out today's Tattooday at the World Famish, rod Rydean showpage at the Block at the Buzz dot com. And Travis Scott is also trending WWE on Netflix. It was the first time raw was ever on Netflix, and that'll be the same way going forward. But Travis Scott came out with Jay Usso and he was holding his belt and smoking a blunt the whole time.
Speaker 1: He is walking down perfect walking him out to the rink. So that was pretty cool. So Travis Scott is trending, and that is what's trending on Night to the Buzz.
Speaker 3: All right, I got Buzzfest tickets to give away, all right, do me fair, I'll set up the game.
Speaker 1: Okay, go get her. Just drag Sofia. Sophia, if you've ever won anything from us, She's at the front desk. I got her all sat up over here. He's gonna go get Sofia. We're going to see if you can get an example for you.
Speaker 3: The gun game has been around on The rod Ryan Show forever, going all the way back to when Teresa was on. And I just made a bold statement I said, when we're little dudes, we all played guns and we all made the gun noise, and you know, you were shooting at each other with our fingers and everything else. And I said, you know, it's just a different thing. You know, girls didn't really play it as much. Not saying that one girl played guns. My sister played with us, but not on the rag. Okay, we did it every day. And I just said, it's something that guys are just a little bit better at, you know, than ladies at, you know, making.
Speaker 1: A gun noise.
Speaker 2: So oh, here she is, Sophia.
Speaker 1: I was just telling everybody that beautiful smile that you see when you come into iHeart Houston is Sophia at the front desk. Sofia an extra. You know where that microphone is? Get up there, Come on, you know right where that microphone is. It used to be pink.
Speaker 3: All right, Sophia's worked here longer than me. How long you've been like it was a Clark shuttle before I Heart. Get on that microphone.
Speaker 1: You know how to do this? Okay, how long you been here?
Speaker 2: This year's twenty five year?
Speaker 1: Twenty five?
Speaker 3: Yeah damn, okay, all right, I'm putting you on the spot. Sorry, but you know we don't have a chicken here, so I need a check.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 1: This was Alex's suggestion.
Speaker 3: If I if we were to run around with our fingers sticking out and our thumb in the air, and we were to play guns.
Speaker 1: If we were running, I'm playing guns. Okay, what would your gun sound like? You can point a finger at me. I won't be offended. What does your gun sound like?
Speaker 5: Go?
Speaker 1: Give you a little more, Give me a little more.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's got a range. You know what I'm wrong? Girls are better other than us. Yeah, in that case, absolutely, Thank you, Sophia the best. Yeah, okay, thank you, good because I thought I was coming in here to read my lips. Do that after the show? Thank you.
Speaker 2: I need uh chilie. I can take four of those, I can I can take four of those.
Speaker 1: That would be awesome if we can get four gals on the phone. Seven. That was right, good suggestion? Seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's the gun game. It's four gals. Oh we have this. This is from this is from an old movie.
Speaker 2: Let me hear your guns, my guns.
Speaker 1: I want to hear what this sound like.
Speaker 9: Let me hear them ya.
Speaker 1: Ya yah yah yeah.
Speaker 3: Seven, one, three, two and two five nine four five. If you want to play the gun game, we got room for four of you on the show today.
Speaker 9: They're Ryan Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 1: Experience Adventure Actually into the Cosmic.
Speaker 3: On the twenty four five The buzz Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Make us some last minute preparations and you know what the beauty of radio Okay, being able to pivot when you need to. I think most people were expecting us to be playing Don't be a Pig right around now to win those Buzzfest tickets. But with the with the popularity of this, uh this viral video now, and I'm talking crazy viral video, a Houston rapper by the name of Too Low is in the news accidentally firing his gun in the middle of a podcast interview. You can watch the video on links and Guests where he's reaching into his pocket and it goes off.
Speaker 1: Luckily no one got hurt. Someone gets hit.
Speaker 3: We're not playing the game, yeah, Now, this is just we're showcasing just lack of respect for firearms here and this idiot with this gun going off. It's got gun owners absolutely outraged. This morning, because they said this should never ever ever happen with any kind of gun safety. It's like, this is day one stuff that you'll learn class one, day one. This is the kind of stuff that you learn what not to do. So it was suggested that maybe we do the gun game today. I love the gun game. I absolutely think it's hysterical. It's been going on for years. I forgot that Chad mc great listener, grabs some audio from the show and put together a die hard clip using gun clips from the show, and in there he uses Tessa's famous clip I found, I heard Dina and there might have been a couple of din of pew pews in there, but this is this is a little bit of what Tessa had done in the past.
Speaker 1: Violent, very violent, violent, extremely vo Listen. I don't care what kind of gun you use. It's all kinds. You know. We've got four people, four gals that want to come on and play the game today.
Speaker 2: That's what a gun sounds like.
Speaker 3: Whatever kind of gun that you want to use. Now, Chillie, can you hear them when they're on the air with us? Yes, okay, because I'm gonna need you to judge. All right, You're gonna you're gonna help judge this thing, all right. Uh, first up is going to be Hunter.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hunter, morning Rode. I mean with a name like that, I mean, do I just give you the tickets? That would be amazing. But I want to play it for Square.
Speaker 3: Okay, you want to play? All right, farre and Square the gun game. I don't know what you girls are doing today on the show. I'm just gonna say, I just want to hear your gun. That's it, you're ready, Hunter, I want to hear your gun. Go it's a good gun. That's a good gun. That's a good gun. Hunter, all right, hang on the phone for me.
Speaker 1: This is gonna be tough, man, This is gonna be tough, all right. Contested number two. There's four of them, we have four these. Crystal, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Hey Crystal.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good?
Speaker 2: How are you doing?
Speaker 1: Great? Happy New Year? Do you shoot a gun in real life?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 14: I do not?
Speaker 1: You do not? Okay? Did you ever play guns when you're a little kid? I'm sure yeah everybody did. I just remember my sister, I remember Sue Ryan sucking at it. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Girl?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they just weren't good at it, Crystal, show me how great it is. To show me how great your gun is.
Speaker 2: Crystal.
Speaker 3: I want to hear your gun go. Come on, it sounded like one of those Jetsons cars. Crystal.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Hang on, Hey, that makes sure score this correctly? Okay, Chilli, you're hearing this.
Speaker 2: Sadly?
Speaker 1: Whoa Okay? Next up is Sam?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: Sam?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 1: I Sam?
Speaker 9: How are you doing well in yourself?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I forgot how great this game is. I absolutely, I absolutely forgot how great the gun game is.
Speaker 1: Sam.
Speaker 2: Where are you from housing?
Speaker 1: Okay? You got a gun lined up for us? Sure? Do you know what kind of gun it is?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do a machine gun?
Speaker 1: Okay? Maybe the Jetson's car again, probably Sam. I want to hear your gun go. I love that.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 1: This game is awesome, Sam, great job. Hang on, don't don't go anywhere, Chili, line up ten more walk out the next just for just for Karen is gonna close it out, Karen, Good morning, Good morning, Good morning, Karen. How are you? Oh?
Speaker 3: I'm so glad we switched games today. I don't remember laughing this hard during Don't be a pig. I don't laugh that hard.
Speaker 1: Not a fool at all. Rode Karen, where are you from?
Speaker 8: Clover Reliefs?
Speaker 4: East Side?
Speaker 2: Oh, that could be dangerous.
Speaker 1: Don't let them down, Chili east side, Karen, Karen, let me hear your gun.
Speaker 4: Go.
Speaker 1: Wide variety. The bell is for all four of you. Yea is for all for Karen, great gun today, hang on the phone for me. We have our work cut out for us. We have our work cut out for us here. Oh my goodness, Chilli, I'm glad you're here because you're the gun guy on the show. You're the gun guy on the show.
Speaker 3: We heard from Hunter Crystal Sam, and then Karen closed it out. I'm gonna throw it out there to the twins. Does anyone have Crystal as their winner today?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: I did not, nor do I not for lack of effort. Though that was the one that sounded like the Jetson's car. Was fine. I enjoyed that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounded like the Predator gun.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 1: It was quick and I would have liked to hear a little bit more. I'm thinking that if we play the Jetsons game, we had a winner's go to that we got a winner.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, does my god her name's Hunter? Which is her name is Hunter? She went first. Okay, she had a couple of examples. I mean that that wonderful example from Sophia. Yeah, gosh, how are you gonna top that? Does anybody have Hunter as their winner?
Speaker 5: I do not.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 2: I got her in second place.
Speaker 1: I also had it in second place. Hunter has been eliminated. Okay, it's coming down to Sam and Karen.
Speaker 9: Chili.
Speaker 1: Who do you have as your winner? Between Sam and Karen?
Speaker 2: I have Sam as the winner?
Speaker 1: Do you now? Yes?
Speaker 12: She was really going at it. She understood and it was like one of those shots like Adam the cop. You know it hit its mark.
Speaker 1: It was memorable. Yeah, okay, it's a vote for Sam Alex. Who do you have as your winner? Like my twin, I also went with Sam. She knew the assignment delivered nothing against Karen Hunter at Crystal, but Sam was my caer win it. I hate Sam, Ay you're the winner? Hate you? I too had you on as my winner.
Speaker 3: It was a great gun. It was a wonderful gun. Can I get a little bit more? Can I get a little more of that gun?
Speaker 1: I can't?
Speaker 2: I got go get mustpur underwear hat.
Speaker 3: That just one you buzzed ticket, Sam, congratulations fantastic.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you guys, all of you. I think all of you did a wonderful job today. Wow, that's fun by.
Speaker 2: We don't need your attitude. We have one of our own, The rod Ryan Show, one of us.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five buzz good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Blur song two gun game. Always forget how good it is. I forget how good it is I play it. It's an underutilized game on the show. It absolutely is underutilized. And Jeff summed it up perfectly too, because Jeff said it, he set it up. He's like, listen, this is.
Speaker 3: Just like how we enjoyed the bad auditions during American Idol. You got the good singers. Okay, everybody knows that. That's okay, that's great. You know who somebody's gonna win. But they spend weeks, you know, And there was a William Hummy was the first guy, the she Bang guy. It's the auditions of the people that are not great singing. The ratings are just as good for when it comes down to when the good singers are on.
Speaker 4: A lot of times I would watch those and then I would not watch the actual singers.
Speaker 1: It's like I've already like you guys are good.
Speaker 3: Stamp of approval as with an eye says good shift, good job shifting to the gun game. Yeah, so we'll get to I know a lot of people requested that we played Don't Be a Pig because they like to play along with that, but we had to make the shift. The video is it's almost our number one video. It's almost our number one link today. The Tattooesday is so good, but the number two link right now even better. I think it's even doing better than looking at Girls. It's the Houston rapper too Low accidentally fired off his gun. I got the video of him in the podcast during a podcast his gun went off. Nobody was hurt, and that's why we were able to kind of laugh and play a game about it. So that's make sure you go and you check that out on links and guests for context why we switched up the game today.
Speaker 13: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: US ninety four or five, The Buzz Sublime and feel like that Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Captoonish Day, the Cold Weather Advisory, Sun's coming Out, Sun is Out looks like the sun's out, signs out, guns out today.
Speaker 1: The sun's out guns out for sure. What a great hour, What an awesome hour, high today of around fifty.
Speaker 3: I know Alex wants to talk a little bit more about this cold snap that's happening right now. One final time, Alex with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, the cold air we got yesterday is sticking around.
Speaker 4: It looks like we've got another freeze on the way this morning, and it does look like things won't really warm up until the weekend. The freeze warning is kind of done for the morning, but it's still gonna be cold, and Airkot has issued another winter weather watch all across the state.
Speaker 1: Just remember my.
Speaker 2: Wedgon gets colder.
Speaker 4: People's you know, your tires are gonna have the little like, hey, you've got low low tire.
Speaker 1: Actually gonna have that. People gonna be freaking out just because it's cold on the road. Be safe, okay, just be safe out there.
Speaker 4: Congress officially certified President elect Donald Trump's election victory during a session that was presided by over Vice President Kamala Harris, who Trump beat in November's election. The old ritual went off without an incident, unlike four years prior in some fluff news. Donuts are a popular breakfast choice. So are pop tarts. But what about pop tart donuts?
Speaker 2: Rod that's intriguing?
Speaker 1: Is it you get into it too great? Tastes that tastes great together? Or is it too much? It might be too much, but I would try it.
Speaker 4: Krispy Kreme has just added three pop tart inspired donuts to its menu. You can get frosted strawberry, chocolate fudge, and brown sugar cinnamon, three of the most popular flavors.
Speaker 3: Brown sugar cinnamon. Got has me in on this, Yes, that's my favorite pop tart. I would also do the frosted strawberry. That's kind of like the og one. But they all come with many versions of pop tarts on the top. They're gonna be available at Krispy Kreme stores for a limited.
Speaker 1: Time and will also be selling him in a half dozen boxes and certain grocery stores a Texas wrapper.
Speaker 2: We've been talking about this all all morning.
Speaker 4: It feels like text rapper that goes by the name of too Low made headlines after we accidentally fired a gun during a podcast. He was apparently reaching in his pocket, which had his gun in it. And at one point during that podcast it went off. We do have the audio if you want to play back and just listen to the podcast host, because I feel like he's doing a gym out.
Speaker 1: Of the impression. Yeah, but just their lack of freaking out that a gun just went off.
Speaker 3: If if I'm hosting a podcast and my guests the gun goes off, I'm standing up.
Speaker 1: The podcast is probably done. Yeah, and these guys listen to the host.
Speaker 2: And choices we got in life, those were your choices?
Speaker 1: Who shot who?
Speaker 2: Somebody got shot?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: How good?
Speaker 1: Old dirty dead?
Speaker 2: What on one with my d Shady?
Speaker 3: That's the host. Nobody got on. No one got out of the chair, No one did nothing. Everyone just sit there and like, okay, let's which one of us got shot. There's like a Good Fellas when Spider gets shot in the foot and they just go back to playing poker. What what's going on? This happens your boy Josh Tree brought him all about h Tom Rapp. I've never heard of this guy.
Speaker 2: I asked around.
Speaker 1: Nobody here at work has heard of him. We've all seen the video.
Speaker 3: I got one guy that says Mark says Mark, and Dickinson says too Low is the younger brother of local rap legend Scarface. I went to school with Too Low. His real name is Cedric Love your Show. He sounds like he knows what he's talking. Yeah, Scarface, I've heard that. Yeah, I've heard of Scarface as well. Okay, so the videos.
Speaker 4: See that video. You gotta go watch it. It's if you haven't watched already, what are you doing? Go watch it.
Speaker 1: It's probably the best video we got out there today. In music news sort of, Jelly Roll is now the proud owner of a donkey. He and his wife Bunny XO, have a farm that they're trying to fill out, and they had just gotten three miniature cows. But jelly Roll was jealous that everyone in his family got a farm animal but him, so they got the nature cas for Bunny XO and his kids.
Speaker 4: The next day, Bunny surprised him with his very own donkey. He is now named the Donkey. Grizz and the tour happier than they've ever been together.
Speaker 1: Now you're continuing with the Bunny XO. I didn't think I would be, but I am.
Speaker 4: Yes, jelly Roll is a donkey owner, and I think he would have just named it Eddie after.
Speaker 1: Eddie murh The.
Speaker 3: Best story on the music blog page is the first one post Malone locally left a waitress here twenty thousand dollars saying when he was in town for the Beyonce halftime show.
Speaker 1: That's the headline story. This is the second one.
Speaker 3: There's some other great music stories that are on there too. Make sure you hit us up on links and guests.
Speaker 1: Alex. What's going on in sports?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: Well, in sports, the Rockets are gonna be back in action tonight. They're gonna take on the Wizards up in Washington, d C.
Speaker 1: Tip Off is gonna be at six o'clock and you can listen to that game over on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 13: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 3: Show ninety four, The Buzz Collective, Soul and Shine, rod Ryan's Show Tap Tuesday, our second show of the year with you and our second day with this this cold weather advisory, You gotta be careful out there.
Speaker 2: It's just cold.
Speaker 1: It's just cold. What else to say, Sonny?
Speaker 3: Your advice high of fifty, Yeah, I mean, nobody gives you the late breaking weather.
Speaker 1: Like we do here. It's just cold, it sucks. Just good sign you'll feel it. It's fifty though. You nice later. There is a link up on links and Guests.
Speaker 3: A few of you are clicking on it, and it says, if you would like to come down to the studio and play Read my Lips on Thursday morning, we're giving you the first time ever opportunity. Reading my lip has been going on a long time on this show, since the Dina, since the Dina days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: One of you that signs up and promises that you will be here on Thursday morning, we'll come in and play against either Alex or Chili. We'll flip a coin once you get here and we'll figure out who you're going to play. And I don't know what the prize is going to be.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but if you win, you win. If you don't, you're walking, You're walking, kicking you out. That's on Lincoln Guests.
Speaker 3: Let me just show you we have thirty four percent more traffic on LinkedIn guests today. It's a big day, the tat Tuesday. To be honest with you, he's going to be mad. I haven't looked at what I heard it's great. Number two is the rapper shooting his gun in the middle of the podcast. Number three is today's looking at Girls. You know Natalie Goldbiss, she's not really super hot golfer. Yes, she's having a birthday today. Pam Anderson, Nicki Glazier, lots of stuff, I'm looking at girls.
Speaker 1: Those are your top three links.
Speaker 3: Number four link that means the most visited link today is MILF Monday from yesterday. Looking at Girls from yesterday is the next link. Then today's music blog page with the post Malone story, which is a great local story.
Speaker 1: I mean it's perfect.
Speaker 3: I mean it's post Malone in Houston, single mom waitress Christmas twenty thousand dollars tip Shaboozi. My favorite song still Christmas Eve and Houston. I mean it's a Christmas miracle.
Speaker 1: It's a great story.
Speaker 3: Jennifer Coolidge has her own death Stiffler's Mom, She's got her own link.
Speaker 1: Wow, the winter storm graphic too, graphic from yesterday. That's the next link. Next link, then Looking at Dudes.
Speaker 3: Okay, so there's four links from yesterday that are doing better than the Looking at Dude's link today.
Speaker 1: That's on average, what I would have imagined it would be why never dude looking at dudes. It takes a lot of time to curate that stuff too. It's a good link if you're into that.
Speaker 3: I think you guys are missing out on what is on the Crazy Criminal blog page today.
Speaker 1: I really think so. The headline story is clearly the headline story.
Speaker 3: This guy, Kenneth Gibbs, got arrested now originally initially locked up for theft, possession of meth, and violating parole one two three. He's got three strikes, three separate things that gets him locked up.
Speaker 1: Well, he wants to bring a few things with him. Why wouldn't you, Well, but you can't bring stuff in your pockets. This guy, I see where he's going. The load that he is smuggling inside his rectum you brought him.
Speaker 3: He treated that thing like a three car garage. I got a list of what they found in his no go hole. All right, what we got, I mean, this is a lot of junk in the trunk, and it's quite a list. Two vape canisters, four syringes, one vape cartridge, three batteries, a cigarette lighter, and point six to four.
Speaker 1: Grams of weed. That a whole drug for a little bit everything but a partridge in a pear tree in this guy's butthole, you got bust. So it's impressive though he was able to fit that much, but you're very impressive. Impressive, unbelievable, how spectacular, all of that, all of that. So now you've got to add all of those things on top of the three things that he's originally getting locked up for.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, like it's not illegal to have a vape cartridge. I don't know what's in the vape cartrie to blow clouds.
Speaker 1: Dude, Yeah, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: So you got that guy headlining, they're looking at girls block page and of course you know, mugshots and all of that good stuff. All right, then you got one of one of my favorite things, you know, growing up in Buffalo and listening to the race, listening the morning radio, and you'd hear people on the air like, hey man, I'm over here, I'm on Hurtle Avenue and I'm stuck and blah blah blah, and then a guy would.
Speaker 1: Call him the station, I'm around the corner. I'm coming to dig that guy out.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get him out, and they would do it live on the air, and they're pushing the guy out.
Speaker 1: And getting him out of the snow.
Speaker 3: A guy helped a stranger who was stuck in the snow and then stole his car. Not like the stories that were on the air that I grew up like loving cancels each other out, but loving the brotherhood. You know when it just like when hurricanes hit and all the great people come together, it also brings out awful people.
Speaker 1: Same thing with the snow. It brings out awful people. But I also wanted a gift for sake.
Speaker 3: Jennifer Phillips sent me something she said, dumb criminals were arrested.
Speaker 1: Dumb criminals.
Speaker 3: They were arrested twice on the same day from Brenham, and she's got the mugshot.
Speaker 1: And everything else.
Speaker 3: So I got some of I'm telling you, this is not a this is not a blog page that you want to miss out on. Yeah, I'm just saying that you want to keep scrolling on this one. That's the crazy criminal blog page today. So I don't always feature that one talk about it. I just kind of put it up and then let you guys look on your own.
Speaker 1: Two times in the same day, though, that's it. That's another one. That's impressive. Local bron you really got to try to break local ones twice in a day. Thank you for always like looking out for us and sending us those kinds of stories. I love sharing those.
Speaker 3: I got tickets to the Depth Tones Mars Volta, March sixteenth, Toyota Center.
Speaker 2: Tickets are on sale now.
Speaker 3: If you would like a free pair, call us seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 11: Hot, Houston's alternative and home of The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, well we are back here. Let's go over to the phones. Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good.
Speaker 2: Morning Hello, who's this hey?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 4: List mcgirl?
Speaker 1: How me Gael? The gun Game's over and it was only girls that were playing. What are you calling about? Ah, I'll calling for the gun game?
Speaker 9: What's going on?
Speaker 1: The gun game was an hour ago. I got Depthtones tickets. Let's do it.
Speaker 8: I'll take that pone tickets.
Speaker 1: All right, you got them, Let's go.
Speaker 3: Dude, Deptones Mars Volta, March sixteenth, Toyota Center.
Speaker 2: You're in.
Speaker 1: N man, Hell yeah, hell yeah, Miguel my man. Congratulations, all right, thank you, Michael.
Speaker 10: Have you know you to you.
Speaker 1: Everyone else, Uh, Toyota Center does their own thing. You go to Toyota Center dot com to get your tickets for shows that are there online. It's Alix Online ninety four five The Muzz.
Speaker 4: All right, what you do with today's AOL is called supervision, and you're gonna see if you in fact have super.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't. You don't, well, I mean I wear glasses, clearly definitely does supervision.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but maybe I'm just like a Clark kenk I could be it, you know, just wearing faux glasses.
Speaker 4: You try it with your glasses. Maybe you have supervision with your glasses. So you're looking at nine different squares and you're trying to decide which one is the different colored square. And they are all tricky similar, They're all very similar if you can get all of these correct, and they are all different colors. So if you're colorblind, that kind of sucks. You definitely don't have supervision. It's pretty rude of you, and I didn't do it.
Speaker 1: Intentionally, but you'll figure it out. We'll go checking at seef have supervision today at the world famous rod Ryan Show page Thebuzz dot com A rod Ryan Shows ninety four or five the buzz bad omens and just pretend rod Ryan Show tap Tuesday.
Speaker 3: We can play another game tomorrow before we can just maybe pick up where we left off. We can play Don't Be a Pig tomorrow on the show because then Thursday we're gonna do Read my Lips, which I did want to ask Chili about that cold still cold outside. Okay, we're gonna see highs of around fifty the sun's coming out.
Speaker 1: Struggle whether I should put on the music want.
Speaker 3: I don't want to freak people out because it's not time to read my way time, so I'll do.
Speaker 1: It's not time to read my lips.
Speaker 3: But we are going to play Arthursday. I didn't even think of the possibility of nobody wanting to come down and play. They can't believe.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was my brain child to in the interim before we you know, until we get a co host in here to offer up you, the listener of The rod Ryan Show, an interactive experience like no other, to come down to the radio station on Thursday and take on one of the twins and read my lips.
Speaker 1: We have never let listeners play this game before.
Speaker 5: Chile.
Speaker 1: I did not talk to him in the break. Are the emails going to you?
Speaker 2: They're going to the rod Ryan Show account?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, GI have access to that account.
Speaker 2: Oh yes I do. I'm looking at it right now.
Speaker 1: Do we have we have a rod Ryan Show? We have it?
Speaker 2: So far, we're at twenty seven listeners.
Speaker 1: Twenty seven people said they wanted to come down and play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's people.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 3: I didn't even think what if nobody wants like you're not guaranteed to win anything, and you're playing against seasoned veterans.
Speaker 1: They were just super fun to hang out read lip experts.
Speaker 3: All right, so people, are when are we going to Are we gonna announce before the show's end?
Speaker 1: Does it say on your little application? What do I need to know, Chillie? Because I need you to tell me what to do. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 12: It's just my idea, the idea, So I gotta reread your idea.
Speaker 3: I don't think I had like when we were going to tell when we were going to announce who is going to be the person, not that we were.
Speaker 12: Going to do it on Wednesday. But they do need to have like a permission if they can make it stuff for work.
Speaker 3: I guess yeah, I wanted to give I just wanted to make sure that the person had enough time to talk to their boss or whoever it is they need to ask off of.
Speaker 2: You know, so coming late, do you want to you want to do it today or tomorrow? You really call it?
Speaker 1: I'm thinking that's while I'm singing. It's just really hard with this meaning.
Speaker 2: I think we could do it today, so that way they have a day to ask for it chili and they'll be here.
Speaker 1: I'm going to back your play on that. Yeah, so about your play on that. It's not too late to sign up. But when we're closing out the show, let's announce. Let's announce the person.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do that from now on. It'll be on Tuesday when we announced it.
Speaker 1: Did they send a picture? Are you just sending in pictures? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And the ones that are not sending pictures, I'm just scrolling bright past.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because they don't follow the directions.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the biggest thing. If you ever sign up for anything with this show specifically, I can't speak for anyone else.
Speaker 3: If we notice that you leave something out, I just assume that you're going to forget to come that day you need.
Speaker 1: To move past.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just you gotta make sure show us that you know you can follow the simple instructions that Chili laid.
Speaker 1: Out for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean in their caveman style. So I mean, I mean, what do you care?
Speaker 1: What do you asking for this name and phone number in a picture? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know I have a first name.
Speaker 12: That hard Yeah, first name their age phone number and attach a picture.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: I don't like to give that information out.
Speaker 3: We're not asking you to solve the goodwill hunting math problem on the board.
Speaker 2: I got to be able to get a hold of you, tell you hey, come over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 3: I think this was worth the time to take. We could have done I think so we could have could have done this wall song was playing.
Speaker 12: This great idea of yours might have raised your mistake of your first mistake for twenty five.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks, so you're back at zeer room mistakes.
Speaker 1: I appreciate adjusting my crown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and have you done you one hundred push ups today?
Speaker 3: Seventy five? Okay, okay, seventy five. I did twenty five in the six, in the seven and in the eighth, so I still got to do. My goal is to knock them out before ten o'clock hits.
Speaker 1: So I got twenty five. I'm going to go do that right now.
Speaker 2: All right, good, good for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got theory of a dead Man, and I'm going to go do my last set of push ups.
Speaker 11: You're listening to The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four to.
Speaker 1: Five BUS ninety four or five the buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, and that was it.
Speaker 3: In the middle of that song, it's three minutes and forty seven seconds, I knocked out my final twenty five pushups and that's it.
Speaker 1: One hundred for the day. I'm done, nice, one hundred for the day. I'll done. Oh my titties, you'll get past that soon, buddy, my t t Just the beginning. There's four, just the beginning.
Speaker 3: Listen, if anyone out there, if you have some sort of New Year's resolution and you're doing it, or those of you, we found out that there's about twenty percent of our audience is doing dry January your January seventh. Man, I don't care what it is that you're doing, if it's something that's going to be good for you, you have everyone on this show's support. You know, as long as it's good for you. I don't you doing reckless things. Okay, I don't want your boot in black tow heroin every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ideally don't pick that.
Speaker 3: That's like, that's I'm not going to support that as your resolution. But anything that's good for you, I'm gonna support you on this. That was yesterday's poll question. Today I read what you read. The headline was half of Americans carry spare underwear for emergencies. And this was all ages, and they said it was even more for gen Zers. They said it went up to sixty percent of gen zers.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about bringing clothes unless you have a gym bag packed and in your car every day.
Speaker 3: I would say that that counts. That does count because you have a spare pair of underwear every single day. But it says half of Americans carry a spare pair of underwear, a spare underwear for emergencies. When I see a survey like this, I just I don't believe it. I said, I only care about the people that listen to the Rod Ryan Show. It's not true, but you're my favorites.
Speaker 1: My I worded it I tried to word it.
Speaker 3: That it was very specific. It's not just once in a while I'd bring my gym clothes with me and I have underwear. On do you have underwear?
Speaker 1: Do you have access to back up underwear after you leave your house?
Speaker 3: I thought that was pretty all encompassing, that maybe you keep a pair in your car, maybe in the trunk, in a bag that you carry all the time, maybe.
Speaker 1: In the bottom drawer your desk at work.
Speaker 3: Six seventeen percent of our audience, yes, has a backup pair of underwear in case the worst happens. Okay, it's like eighty three percent of our audience that does not. According to this, it says half. I knew that was outrageous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know it.
Speaker 3: I knew it was absolutely There's no way that that was going to be the case. So you guys are awesome. Unless we're just better than everyone, I don't know, we don't mess our pants up every day.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can't fault anybody that does do this, because it's like, yeah, ideally, if the worst happens, you'd like a backup, but like just just having the undies, like deparding on what the situation is, it could be you know, you might have to have a backup pair of pants.
Speaker 9: It's the least.
Speaker 1: Cumbersome piece of clothing that I could carry in a bag, said socks. Socks, your two pair one pair of underwear. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just feel like I could easily. I use the same bag every day. Why wouldn't I now throw a pair of underwear in there? Because something's gonna happen though.
Speaker 2: Spare pocket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not calling people that do this right now, not calling them out on it. No judgment thrown at all, But I'm thinking thinking of joining cees. What do you know about it?
Speaker 4: Seamer Electronics Show, Yeah, that goes on in Vegas, and it's where they have like, hey, check out this flying car we made.
Speaker 1: It's not you can't ever buy it, but look at this. Well, that's where all the drones were, That's where the first go pros were, probably where the first can opener was. Electric can opener was.
Speaker 2: A regular.
Speaker 3: The Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas starts today.
Speaker 1: It is I am kind of I'm interested in tech from afar.
Speaker 3: It's like when I see somebody with a ton of tattoos all over their chest and everything, I think it's cool.
Speaker 1: I'm not getting that at the time. I think it's cool, these gadgets and stuff. I think it's pretty neat. And you wonder, okay, what is going to get from the prototype two in our homes? Okay, I bet you.
Speaker 3: The roomba started out at the cees and somebody said, that's insane.
Speaker 1: There's no way the little robot's going to be cruising.
Speaker 3: Around my house and vacuuming in the middle of the night, right, which I still never pulled the trigger on one.
Speaker 1: We have one. Yeah, we like it all the time. Okay, you have to program it. I would in charge of that. That's a woman's job.
Speaker 3: Well, now they got a robot vacuum that picks up dirty socks. It's just like a roomba, but it's got an arm on top and it picks up the stuff that you tossed on the floor. I don't think it can handle like a wet towel, so they ain't gonna be good for my kid. My kid drives herself off from a shower or a bath, drives herself off boom towel on the ground right there. Every time she knows I'm going to say it, she knows I'm going to say pick it up. She doesn't care.
Speaker 1: As soon as she's done drying.
Speaker 4: It's on the floor, on the wood floor, on the office. The boss that gets fired starts his own thing. He's picking up his kid's toys with the vacuum and he calls it suck it.
Speaker 1: And then the military buys it.
Speaker 2: He begets very rich.
Speaker 4: But it's basically that, Okay, you just walk around it. You'd shop back. That sucks up whatever is on the floor.
Speaker 1: Robo Rock has made this thing. It's a prototype right now.
Speaker 3: No word on the pricing, but it can pick up small items that weigh less than eleven ounces.
Speaker 1: There's electric roller blades.
Speaker 3: I have an electric skateboard and I almost died because the breaking mechanism on it is way too sensitive.
Speaker 1: I'm the one that I got and my ex wife bought it for me, so I think she wanted to be killed. Oh sheo sabotaged. Yeah, so it's number one.
Speaker 3: You have to really because you have like a it's a thumb throttle and you're standing on it and you kind of go from nothing to going anyway.
Speaker 1: You don't have a thing in your hand, you're on it. Yeah, I thought it was like the hubverboards where you just I have the one wheel, right, I thought the one wheels is just I have a one wheel. I have an electronic skateboard, an electric I have a motorized ski controller. Right, No, that's all your weight, right right, right, all right now on the same page, I have an electric skateboard and the throttle. If you don't have that thing down just right, if you hit it too fast.
Speaker 3: Boom, you're off it. The thing's flying right and it's just going without you. You hit the brakes too hard, that thing's gonna stop and you go flying. They have electric roller blades at CES this year. That's go and the battery pack is around your waist like a belt, and you control your speed with a.
Speaker 1: Remote in your hand. So it's only a matter of time that they did that. So relive in the nineties, but nineties and you know, the twenty twenties. At the same time there is they're debuting an electric salt spoon today. Food doesn't need One of those went on sale in Japan last year, and it is to trick. There's a weak current of electricity that hits your tongue and it tricks yourself to make things taste saltier than they really are, so that you're not eating the salt. The spoon is one.
Speaker 3: Hundred and twenty five dollars and again kill it hits your tongue and all of a sudden, everything tastes just a.
Speaker 1: Little saltier, and eventually I'll just tastes like nothing. That's wild. There's a stringless guitar. There's a table.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, there's the memo that it's It's like a side table and it's got like a Pixar lamp on top of it. And it's an AI robot. Yeah, it's like it's like one of those those Boston dogs. Nope, it's just it's like furniture that walks around your house. Let's put it right next to our bed where it can just stomp on our head in the middle of the night. Come on, guys, don't do this. Not everything's great. There's a tiny robot that blows on your drink to cool it down. Now I thought these were just called I thought they were called fans. But it's a robot. It's called the fu Fu. It looks like a cat. It hangs on the side of your coffee mug. You can also hang it off of your bowl of soup, and they still have.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 2: Dude, I'm so busy right now.
Speaker 1: So this tea is a little too hot for me, so you hang your fu fu off the side of it. And this cat which i'm a it's just a little fan in its head and it's just and it blows and it cools down your your beverage. We should verbal trademark, so no can to this now, but we should make one where when you leave that on your cup or your bowl too long and it gets too cold, we should make one where it just goes and it warms it up, it up, so then it's it's back at what you wanted it to be. You've yours. You've used this verbal trademark. Before I say verbal trademark, I've said like I can run this back. It's like he's illegally leely binder.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: No, it is verbally trademarked. It's it's mine now, all right, Well.
Speaker 3: I'll keep looking to see if there's any more interesting things. Sees starts today in Las Vegas. I know that our friend Raoul, you see him out all the contest. Raoul's heading out there. I saw him on his Facebook post, all right, well stuff.
Speaker 2: Know the show.
Speaker 1: We're giving away Pierce the Veil tickets. Will have a question for you on the Flip Houston.
Speaker 9: And The Rod Ryan Morning Show six Am.
Speaker 3: The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz. Welcome back Rob Ryan's Show, nine fifty All right, right on time.
Speaker 15: La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. It's time to know the show. We've got tickets to go see Pierce the Veil on there. I can't hear you. Tour Sleeping with Sirens and beech Weather also on the bill June twelfth. Woodland's Pavilion tickets are on sale now ticket Master locations. This is not the show. Alex has a question you. He just jumped right in. He said, dude, don't worry about it. I got a question. All right, I'm using your favorite person, Bunny xo. Oh geez, Jelly Roll's wife. Jelly Roll got a an animal.
Speaker 4: His family got miniature cows, and he was jealous that he did not get an animal for his farm. So bunny xo surprised him with what animal that he named grizz.
Speaker 1: And if you call seven one three, two five.
Speaker 3: If your caller ten you have the correct answer, We'll hook you up with those tickets.
Speaker 1: All right, good luck. We are always just a few thanks away. The Cold Doctor.
Speaker 6: Tell your smart device to play ninety four or five The Buzz on I.
Speaker 3: Heart Radio ninety four five The Buzz Offspring, The kids aren't all right? Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Getting ready to wrap up this Tattooesday edition.
Speaker 1: He's now time for Know This Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 2: L La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 11: La la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: Oh, there goes Alex Nice. I'm trying to fall some time. Good morning.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 14: Hi?
Speaker 1: Jeremiah?
Speaker 10: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing awesome this morning.
Speaker 1: Good to have you on Know the Show. Alex, thank you. You have a question for Jeremiah, I do What animal did Jelly Roll get for his farm from his wife? Rod's favorite bunny? XO? He got a donkey? He did get a donkey?
Speaker 2: What chunken?
Speaker 1: Somebody ring?
Speaker 3: You gotta take a call, bro, No, sir, okay, let me at least tell you what you've won. I'm gonna give you tickets to Pierce the Veil, Sleeping with Sirens, Beach Weather, June twelfth, Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 1: You got him, dude, Oh my god, thank you so much, Thank you, Jeremiah. I'm so happy. I'm so happy for you. H am dude.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Jeremiah. Happy New Year to you man, Thank you for listening, Thanks for hanging in there with us. Thanks bro, hang on, hang on, Jeremiah.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, there was a story there was a real donkey that inspired Donkey on Shrek. The animator.
Speaker 3: Went out and used to hang out with this particular donkey to get the mannerisms and stuff.
Speaker 1: That donkey just passed away. Terrible names, but it was like, yeah, it was the animator and what they created before Eddie Murphy put the voice to it. It was a real donkey who they used for Shrek. Chris Farley. Yeah, Chris Farley.
Speaker 3: Ears fun fact you know this, They said they had three quarters of the of the vocals done for Shrek when Farley passed away and they couldn't redo it.
Speaker 1: And then that's how Mike Myers got the gig worked out for him. Geez, I can't even imagine.
Speaker 3: I mean, that would have just put Chris Farley on another level. The money that Mike Myers made off of Shrek is crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's insane, and it just would have Chris Farley should be Farley should be here today, no doubt. That's it. We gotta go, guys.
Speaker 3: The gun game was fantastic. Thank you to Sophia for coming in and joining us and helping us ouize. Yeah, Sofia was really really funny today. She's at the front desk. If you ever win anything, say hi to Sofia when you're picking up your prize. She'll be at the front desk. Eighty two percent of you, guys don't have backup underwear.
Speaker 1: I knew it. I knew it. I thought maybe as high as twenty percent of you. One in five nut jobs we're carrying around an extra spare pair of underwear, But not even like seventeen percent of you.
Speaker 3: Slow Fast Andrew first one Pump Chump of the Year, fresh out of bed Head to head Challenge. We'll play again tomorrow at six twenty. And I believe we have a killer in there right now. Yeah, so we have a killer in there. Could this guy run the table?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Very likely?
Speaker 2: Maybe very likely.
Speaker 1: Monster Jam tickets at eight twenty.
Speaker 3: Buzzfest tickets tomorrow, Deptones tickets, Pierce the Veil, more, more everything.
Speaker 1: Hey, Chillie, did you want to pull a name? Do you have somebody or read my lips that's going to join us?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 3: This is I just want to give people a day in advance, somebody that can join us in studio on Thursday for read my lips.
Speaker 15: Yes, let me get hurt again. So it was to her, Yeah, it was her interesting Lindsey else and sell moo. Okay, Lindsay and Selmo. I will contact her and get all that squared away. And then also for the Jerry Cantrail tickets that you put on on the page.
Speaker 3: Did anybody find that I put an Easter egg on the website today? Yeah, way at the bottom, way at the bottom of the crazy Criminal blog page. I said, are you still scrolling?
Speaker 12: Because if you are, I got three people, three people, and Carlosto was the winner.
Speaker 1: You never know.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I put a little Easter egg in there and I give you guys as opportunity to win some tickets.
Speaker 12: That is starting until after you started talking about the criminals page and then they and that's when they ran into it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because there's a lot. The criminal blog page is really really good today.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you guys.
Speaker 3: It was a really big day on the website today. Let me just one final check to see I don't think Tattooesday got no Tattooesday number one link number two was the rapper shooting this gun in the middle of a podcast. All right, thank you guys for all the weblove and thank you guys for sticking with us. Man, I really really appreciate it. So we're back tomorrow. We could do Don't Be a Pig tomorrow. We'll play at seven twenty unless something else happens and we have to change the game. But I'm gonna write it down. We're gonna do Don't Be a Pig tomorrow for some great tickets.
Speaker 1: And that's it. Jeremy's up next. Pick your tickets with him at the one o'clock hour. We are on a twenty hour break. Have an awesome Tattooesday, everybody.
Speaker 5: A.
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 6: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.