Speaker 1: Phoning in.
Speaker 2: We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 1: Peace Peace, Clippers Talk on Aaron on Demand, the Clippers Show of Record, your chance to react to everything Clippers Clippers news happens. Let me guess it's about Kawhi. Here we are and now here.
Speaker 3: He is the host of your LA Clippers free and postgame.
Speaker 1: At follow Adam a Adam mosleg.
Speaker 2: Clippers leg ballgame forty four to twenty two with eleven twenty eight left in the second quarter and somehow lose it. They lost a twenty two point lead to the Indiana Pacers and fall one nineteen to one twelve. Hear it into its home. Welcome back. I'm out a moslind This is Clippers Talk on a five to seventy LA's Sports eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy eight sixty six ninety eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. I don't know if you categorize this as their worst loss in the season or losing by twenty five to the Lakers on Tuesday, but this is definitely the worst week of the season so far for the Clippers, worst week ever. This is a low point of the season, because it looked like they were responding to everything. Coach lew had said postgame after the loss of the Lakers Tuesday night, when they were up by twenty two, was it fools gold? All those threes falling for them? A lot of them were open. The ball movement was ball movement was there? I liked what I was seeing, obviously. In the first quarter, the Clippers almost tied an NBA record for threes made in a quarter in a game they lost. They went ten to fifteen from three in the first quarter. The record is eleven made threes in a quarter, held by the Boston Celtics, as they did that against the Clippers in Boston this season, where they just couldn't miss anything. That take over fifty three is a game. Of course, that's the team that has the record for most threes in a quarter. But the Clippers are right there, ten to fifteen, they're up forty two to twenty two. They get up forty four to twenty two in the second and at one point they're down by second. They're down by seven, I should say, in the second quarter. That is a twenty nine point turnaround. How does that happen? You ask, Well, it takes a lot of turnovers and a lot of extra possessions and easy buckets going the other way against you, self inflicted wounds, miss cues, poor judgment, calls, I lack of focus, that is, I mean historically bad. At one point, after the Clippers led by twenty two in the second quarter, they're down by I think it ended up being six at sixty four to fifty eight. So a twenty eight point turnaround because there was a three pointer that was corrected to a two pointer. A twenty eight point turnaround in eleven minutes. In eleven minutes, a twenty eight point turnaround from up twenty two to down six six straight turnovers around the three minute mark of the second Who had them? Who's responsible? Zoo had one? Derek Jones junior, Amir Coffee, James Harden, Derek Jones junior, Norman Powell. So it's an array of guys, a potpourri of turnovers. But the underlying problem there, underlying problem is they don't have enough ball handlers. Hopefully Bogie can help them in that area, and they just don't handle the press well. And I've been saying this for a while, and this is why I say a win is never a win. When the Golden State Warriors turned them over twelve times in a fourth quarter a month ago, whenever it was in a game, the Clippers still won because they were leading by so much. They can withstand turning the ball over twelve times in the fourth quarter to still win that game. Here at into it on one o two to ninety two, I said, look out, yeah, they may have won the ball game. That is a bad win. Why because you just gave red meat to the rest of the league that says we can't handle the press. You get into our airspace, We're gonna hand you the basketball in a silver platter. I said it then, and it's been happy tonight. This was your disaster class or disaster piece of just absolute unseerious basketball. When it came to turnovers by this Clippers team, they got a problem, they got a flaw. Now, I've also been saying, hey, Kawhi gets back to playing regular minutes, that's gonna help out the turnovers. And they have been down. They were, I want to say a week ago when Kawhi was about ten games in, the Clippers, in games that he played, were only turning it over thirteen times per game, which is much better than the almost seventeen times per game they're at on the year. But tonight Kawhi played thirty four almost thirty four minutes, his season high, and they still had nineteen turnovers, and they had some of the worst turnovers you will see. The second unit looked bad to start the second quarter. Remember Kawi said that that second group with himself, has to be better. They weren't. Hey, there are so many issues in a ball game where you lead by twenty two and give it away to point two. I don't know if I got enough time. I'm taking it till the top of the hour, though, but I'm telling you it's a real issue the Clippers and turnovers. I think it's fatigue. I think it's high usage for certain players, older guys, because it takes juice and explosiveness sometimes to break the press. Sometimes it's not just passing. It's obviously having your defender making you turn multiple times in the backcourt. And you was standing that not turning the ball over. If they're gonna pick you up ninety four feet, they're gonna try to turn you and you just have to have the stamina, the energy the on ball use to get through it, and the Clippers don't. Kauhi had some bad turnovers. He had five of them, a couple that looked I think two in the fourth quarter, even though he had eleven of his nineteen points there. And I wouldn't say he had a great game by any stretch, just because he had a good fourth quarter shooting wise, and he did get to thirty four minutes, which was encouraging, but he had some bad turnovers that looked to be fatigue. Both teams at one point look gassed. After a frenetic pace in the first half, it caught up with them and it was a slower game in the second half. Nobody was having a forty two point quarter like the Clippers did in the first quarter, like the Pacers did in the second quarter. The Clippers, guys, they went just about five minutes scoreless in that second quarter after a U Banks tippin, who was good tonight. If you're looking for a bright spot, I thought Drew Eubanks played well. I liked his hustle. He ended up a zero in the net rating, which you would take in a game like this, but it's single game net rating. It doesn't mean that much. I just thought it test said, he played hard, he had a dunk. I think in the open court, he ran the court well, and he has much more of a motor than Mobamba, and that's all I'm looking for. I think he's better than Obamba. I know a lot of you are concerned with Kawhi Leonard and saying some wild stuff like he should retire. Kawhi has washed all these things. I've just heard this stuff so much before. And then Kawhi hits the gas and he looks like a top five player in the league again. The start of last season it was better than this, of course, but it wasn't great. It was the game against the Kings where he kind of snapped out of it where he had that dunk on JaVale McGee, where he started playing quicker faster, was making quicker decisions out there. And then he went on that stretch where he had the all time efficiency record over a thirty game stretch where he was shooting fifty seven, fifty one ninety two, shooting splits. But I've seen a similar Kawhi that we saw when he came back from the ACL where he's really picking his spots. He's not being overly aggressive and maybe that's all it is, because I'm seeing him long on some of these jumpers. If he was short on everything, I'd say he has no lift. I'm seeing him long on a lot of these and a lot of the shots he was missing through the first three quarters, there were the same shots that fell on the fourth. Like he had a quick move we went past Siakam for a floater in the fourth. Early on, he had some quick moves. He had some times out there where he looked slow, obviously, or he was stuck in quicksand like, I think this is game thirteen for him. I know that, and this is part of the process, the ramp up, because remember they were saying it first, he's in preseason mode. Now I will say this, in a game where he plays almost thirty four minutes, he probably needs to get closer to twenty shots. He was at sixteen, but he took a lot in the fourth quarter, and I would have loved seeing him be more aggressive in the second and third quarters when Indiana was making their move. This is a great comment. They need to trade everyone, get picks and rebuild. The trade deadline was today, Junior Adam Richard. The trade deadline was has passed. We'll take you a quick time out for my sanity. Eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. This guy's just getting a straight mute. That's such a ridiculous comment at Clippers Talk on YouTube. Maybe it's a troll. I don't know who's real, who's not. It's the internet. Clippers lose a twenty two point lead and fall one nineteen to one twelve. Hearing into a dome to the Indiana Pacers. I'm out of Maslin. And if you're listening to Clippers talk here on a five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network, best fans and best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 3: Take us with you wherever you are on the IHEARTRADIOP Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at the Indiana Pacers' Twitter account, x account, whatever you want to call it. After the Clippers blow a twenty two point lead and lose one nineteen to one to twelve. Here to the Pacers, add into a dome, Welcome back in. I'm out a MASLM. This is Clippers Talk and you're looking at these turnovers during this timeframe of this night team point turnaround. As La Murray said, this clip should inspire every team the Clippers play. They are never out of a game. These are soft turnovers and the most elementary of basketball plays. It's the same stuff I saw with the twelve turnovers they had against the Warriors in that fourth quarter. I go back to that game. I think the twelve turnovers in that fourth quarter and a game they won by ten against Golden State here and into a dome, gave teams the blue book. That was the red meat, that was ding ding ding red flag. Uh oh, Clippers can't handle the press. This is a real issue. But everybody said it wins a win. Adam, what's the problem. Do you think team just walk into the locker room win or loss and say, well, we're gonna hit the men in black memory eraser mechanism thing and they just forget about all the context and how they won or how they lost. I'm telling you, a win is not a win, a loss is not a loss. It matters how you play out there. It matters to build good habits. It matters what you put on tape for teams to watch, because they're going to expose your flaws and the Clippers they were putting out bad tape, and that eventually leads to a loss like this and maybe the loss of the Raptors too. Other teams are picking them up full court selectively, not all game. But when they ramp up that full court pressure, the Clippers can't handle it. I'm telling you that's the issue. I'm looking for postgame quotes from coach lou but that is a real issue. So I never want to hear. A win's a win, A loss is a loss. Again, doesn't matter how you lose, you get, blow it down you no, it all matters. It all goes into what happens next. And this is as disappointing of a week with the loss of the Lakers and now tonight's loss up by twenty two as you can have. So hopefully the Clippers respond. I just I can't say enough about how unbelievably bad these turnovers are. Just watch the tape. Maybe that's encouraging because it should be correctable or fixable, but I don't know because it keeps happening. So are they gonna get the message? Is anybody gonna be convinced if they win? By twenty against Utah that the Clippers are fine. Now, No, here's coach lou postgame. This is interesting, he said, quote, I didn't mind tonight's game. You're not gonna win every game. Just things we can learn. He said, the Clippers had the right intent, but were hurt by careless turnovers and mental mistakes. I mean they were up by twenty two. See, might have the right intent. Then there were some good things. But here's James Harden postgame. He doesn't think there's any specific themes for the Clippers during this losing streak. He said, Nope, it's a long season. It's the NBA, all right. Well, I hope the guys, if they're not gonna dwell on it too much, can somehow spin this into a winning streak coming up before the All Star break, because we're almost there. They do have three days coming off coming up, which I don't know if guys are looking ahead to those three days off or not. But at this point, with some of the stuff I've seen, I think it's worth thinking about. I think it's worth thinking about whether they let up a tons because Kawhi is back. We all know this is one of eighty two, but it's not one. We said that last game. Now it's two. It's the Raptors game. They've lost three in a row in different ways.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 2: Not handling ball pressure well, teams playing faster that does give them issues. Even though look, Indiana came out playing fast, the Clippers were by twenty two. So I don't even know. It's a little bit difficult to decipher the theme or the pattern or the trend exactly what's going on. But overall, the Clippers have had a turnover issue this year. It's been their achilles heel that has consistently been there, and tonight was their disaster piece. It's not just they only had nineteen turnovers, and I say only because they've had more than that this season at times, but thirty two points off of nineteen turnovers, the amount of easy layups and dunks that the Pacers got in key moments too late in the game where they outscored the Clippers nineteen to seven. The last three to eleven of the ball game, there were some pretty bad, inexcusable possessions. You look at the nineteen to three run, the last two point fifty seven of the second quarter, and then the nineteen to seven run the last three to eleven of the ballgames. They're getting outscored thirty eight to ten there in what a little over six minutes of play. That's tough to overcome. Quick time out, will come back, more Clippers talk. They lose a twenty two point lead and fall one, nineteen to one twelve to the Indiana Pacers. Looking for more postgame quotes from the players and coach Lou after this one. I'm out of maslind and you're listening to AMPI seventy Ola scores the.
Speaker 1: Clippers.
Speaker 3: You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball. Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: There was a nineteen point turnaround in this ball game in less than three minutes late in the second quarter because the Clippers had six straight turnovers. Welcome back into Clippers sock. I'm out a Maslin eight six six ninety eighty seven two five seventy eight six six ninety seven two five to seventy. My question Clipper Nation is are these things fixable and correctable? It looks like Bogie's coming in. Well, Don Bogdanovich, who's another ball handler who can create for himself. He can play on off ball. That's a big need for this team, especially because you make a trade like that, so you're missing ball handlers and KPJ and Terrence Man. He probably wouldn't have played much to night anyways. But one of the guys coming in from this trade, or the guy coming in from this trade, you know, one of them is somebody that can help in this area. My question is are these things fixable and correctable with this Clippers team? Is what's happening? Do they have it within them on this roster when Bogey is here to fix it or these fatal flaws? Is this just a problem that they might not be able to overcome. That's worrisome. Let's hear from Nick, who's leaving the game. Nick, you got thirty seconds here on Clippers stock just so we can get everybody in. Nick, what's up?
Speaker 4: Hey? Thank you, Adam. I gotta tell you man, in my opinion, I have good news tonight. The good news, in my opinion is that championships are not given out at the beginning of February. Yes, we're struggling right now and we've not put together very many good defensive games in a row. However, there's still time to get it right, and if we start playing well in March, I think that we're gonna be fine. What do you think, Adam Nick?
Speaker 2: I appreciate the phone call. I mean, I agree with you. I don't like overreacting too much. It's not so much that the Clippers lost two games in a row, three games in a row. Now, it's the way they've been losing in this one flaw that's been going on consistently all season long, which is the turnovers. I admit I felt like, you get Kawhi back and if he's playing thirty five minutes a night, and granted he's not there yet, consistently he played almost thirty four tonight. I've said all along, Kawhi can fix this. Just having Kawhi out there is another ball handling. He brings the ball up a ton that will alleviate some of the burden on James Hard but tonight obviously goes against that. I just worry that this team has developed bad habits when it comes to these turnovers because they started pretty early in the season they aren't stopping. Their defense has been so good throughout most of the year they've gotten away with it, but now the defense isn't playing as well. They give up one hundred and nineteen points tonight. I'll check the defensive rating in a little bit to see if they're still second in the league. But over the last six games coming into this one, they've been twenty first defensively. We'll take one more phone call before we break, Jose and Downey, you're on Clippers South without a maasam quickly, Jose, Adam.
Speaker 5: I feel like to They said they were gonna play with grid, heart and focus, and where has that been that we?
Speaker 2: Did they have it when they were up twenty two? Jose tell me that, yeah they did.
Speaker 5: But then then when you're when the game is going bad, that's when it should show.
Speaker 1: Up the most.
Speaker 2: That's a great point, right to to.
Speaker 5: Calm everybody down. And I'm even surprised to hear you say about like they can't handle the double team and when the shooting at them on the half court, because a team with hard and you would think they'd be able to do that. But I mean, one of the things that I saw highlighted that I really didn't like was that easy switch every time that Kawhi was on. I can't an Ebaka on seak and thank you and they would just let the switch happen easily.
Speaker 2: I get it. I get that part of it, Jose. But a lot of teams do that now, and it's because the shooting. It's like, if you don't switch, you're gonna end up leaving a guy open. But I go what you're saying. I think it's a really good point what Jose just said. There. Appreciate the phone call, Jose. It's like, Okay, when things got tight, when things got tough, were the Clippers at their best? No, it looked like they were gonna pull through and win this game. Up five late, and then there's a nineteen to seven run that goes against him and more turnovers. They had regain control of the ballgame after beating down double digits. I believe early in the fourth quarter, I want to say they were down let's see one fourteen to one oh five. They were down by nine. That was too late in the fourth quarter, but up five, they were in control. It felt like that I thought the Clippers were gonna salvage this game. At the three thirty one mark. Derek Jones Junior, I think at a tip in it's one oh five to one hundred and Siakam hits a three. I was a big shot. Then there's the timeout. Then Norm either stepped out of bounds. Someonere calling it a block or at least on the game log, I thought he stepped out of bounds and that was a turnover. Haliburton hits a three. So now the Clippers are down one oh six to one oh five. They were just up by five, and then it beats the Zubats has a bad pass. I think looking for DJ Halliburton. Run out, easy bucket. Now they're down three. We'll take a quick time out. We'll come back. We'll close things out. Clippers led by twenty two and they lose this one, one nineteen to one twelve, the day of the trade deadline to the Indiana Pacers. I'm out a Masland. This is a five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network, Best fans in best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 3: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio ap.
Speaker 1: Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 2: Fourth loss in their last six games, six loss in their last ten. Now, in a contest where they were up by twenty two on the Indiana Pacers, they fall one nineteen to one twelve. Welcome back into Clippers stock. I'm at a masland. It's frustrating. Calibernation. I'm with you. I don't like what I'm seeing either. And yeah, I have some concerns about Kawhi. I'm not going to he's lost, he's done after thirteen games. I'm not doing that. I have some concerns. It could just be he's tired because he's only played thirteen games, so he could be getting his second win hopefully. You know, it takes a certain amount of games to get into NBA shape. The good news is he played thirty four minutes almost tonight, so his ministerstriction has been lessened, maybe it's been lifted. And he did have eleven of his nineteen and the fourth. If you're looking for positives, it is that. And Drew Eubanks played well. I like what he brought. I saw a hustle, I saw energy. I saw somebody who I said, can he just be like a slightly better version of Daniel Tice. He had a tipping off a done miss in the second quarter. Really nice play. He could run, he can beat his man down the floor, he can get back on defense. He has a motor, but Outside of that, these are difficult times. Now. Hopefully Bogie well, Don Bogdanovic is playing on Saturday, and that's another plus because he's been one of my favorites in the NBA, and I think a change of scenery is gonna be big for him. Everybody's talking about he's thirty two and he's played only twenty four games. He's had some little nagging injuries this season, and he hasn't shot it well those sample sized, low volume, and I think just being in a winning environment after being with Atlanta for so long, I think the rejuvenation station is gonna work. Wonders on Bogie, I'm expecting that before we get out of here. I do want to thank the Clippers organization, Ralph Lawler, Ryan Seaman, Noah Ego, Carlo Jimenez on the call, big Brother, Jake Warner, our head engineer here, statistician, Chris Taylor back in the bank, Daniel West, our producer. Appreciate you, Daniel until tomorrow, where I got Ricky g coming on from Twitter at noon on Clippers Talk Live. Look for that, you know, coach, I'm out of Maza. We'll talk to you then.
Speaker 3: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the LA Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season, long after every game.
Speaker 1: The volume is truly impressive
Speaker 3: And make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions Clippers Talk Maybe,