Speaker 1: With election time approaching, political ads will be inserted into the episode, along with other ads that frankly I'm not going to like and you aren't going to like, so please ignore them, skip by them, whatever you have to do. I don't enduse any of the ads that are inserted, but it is another way for me to gener rate income, so I appreciate you guys putting up with them. If you don't want to deal with them, go to the pekanyonashow dot com. You can subscribe to your Patreon. You can subscribe through substack, which is my preferred one because with both of those you get an RSS feed. Only Patreon and only substack give you an RSS feed. There's also all links to my website, gum road and subscribe star where you will get the audio files so that you can download and listen to or you can stream in most cases through those locations as well. So if you want to avoid the ads, consider supporting the show. If not, just know none of these ads get any endorsement from me. Skip by them, do what you need to do. I appreciate all of you. Head on over to the pekanyonashow dot com. You can get the show early and ad free over there. If not, here's the show. I want to welcome everyone back to the Pekingyona Show. Kurt from Anelopillos Back. Are you doing to a Kurt?
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm doing great. Hi? Everyone, happy to be back.
Speaker 1: Well, we are going to talk about, uh, talk about another book that Antelope Hill has published. It is I will I always struggle to pronounce it, Il duche Massimo Volume One's enough, Yeah, yeah, Il duce Massimo Volume one Selected speeches and writings of Mussolini from his beginnings to the first attempted assassination December nineteen oh one October nineteen eleven. Big picture, what do you get out of this out of these speeches and writings.
Speaker 2: Well, the big thing that most people know about Mussolini but aren't really familiar with is that he of course came out of the Italian Socialist Party, and he wasn't just sort of a participant in that. He was he was a big name. He was someone who was headlining a lot of their publications. He was a well known speaker, writer, propagandist, agitator, and he knew his stuff. He was very familiar with all of the sort of classic socialist writings. He comments a lot on Marx and Angles, of course, but also other maybe slightly lesser known but still prominent European socialists, as well as on a lot of other philosophers. So that's what I think is really interesting about this book is that we're really going back to the formation of Mussolany's political and philosophical and economic thinking, and and so you're getting the Mussolini from before fascism was even really an idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he really seems to you know, the first question I had when I'm like, okay, so what is a young Mussolini from his beginnings? You know, how much is he influenced by Marx? Obviously, so from the speeches and the writings, what do you how do you see his Marxist priors, let's just call it that.
Speaker 2: Well, I think he appears as someone who definitely is a Marxist. Would would probably describe himself as a maybe, if not a Marxist, at least a follower of Marx, someone who highly valued Marx's ideas. He's very much not a sort of doctrinaire of any one sort of school of social He describes himself as a couple of different things. A syndicalist is one of the terms he uses to describe himself, which basically means he he believes in a revolution through the power of trade unions and that sort of organization, rather than through parliaments and parties, which is kind of interesting because that obviously changes later. But he in his commentary on Marx, he definitely rejects the people who who want to throw out Marx entirely, while at the same time saying, yes, obviously Marx wasn't right about literally everything, so he's somewhere in that sort of middle ground of socialists in this time period.
Speaker 1: I think it's interesting when you look at some of the people who can consider themselves to be syndicalists. A lot of them, the paths they took or the people that they inspired tended to be more on the right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is interesting. The biggest name I think is George Sorell was a French syndicalist. He's at least the one that I find the most interesting, even though Mussolini comments on him. Not a whole lot, but he does excerpt a few of his writings and reprints them in one of the newspapers that he's that he is writing for at the time, Currell basically the sort of TLDR for those who don't know much about him. He is a revolutionary socialist of the syndicalist variety. As we've said, he sort of really believes in the power of revolutionary violence, of the general strikes, the rule of the proletariat, and he makes a few different major contributions to socialists thinking. One of the big ones is the power of of the myth as it's as it's put the base, which is basically referring to the power of violence as a sort of energizing force, something around which a myth us can be built that will strengthen the social classes. And he even refers to this as the violent contest in the classes as hopefully also reforming the bourgeois classes as well, which is kind of interesting.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: It's so it's he's definitely a class warfare rather than a class cooperation guy. But he does think that through this the rest of society beyond gets the proletariat wall so be improved. Where I think you're you're seeing kind of an early step into a sort of fascist thinking, and he ends up, interestingly enough, becoming like an integralist later on and saying essentially that the socialism has failed and gravitates more towards the sort of French integralists like Charles Morat.
Speaker 1: The let's let's stay on Cirell for a while, because I think Sorell is really important, and there's you know, we'll get back to Mussolini, of course, but it seems like Sorell when you look at fascism and you look at even national socialism in Germany. People like to bring up Nietzsche as an inspiration, and obvious he was, but it seems to me that probably Sorel Sorell is unsung there and that there was probably in practice there was more inspiration from Sorel than Nietzsche. Do you agree with that or am I wrown?
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not sure, because they're different sorts of contributions. Nietzsche obviously is not programmatic, he doesn't or or systematic Niche is really at sort of the maybe subconscious level and inspiration for all of this, and including for Cerell himself. But crell Is Sorell is a huge contributor to this sort of radical revolutionary attitude and the way that violence is understood as in the end a social tonic or amenable to creating positive social change, and it's very much against the sort of parliamentarism. One of the things that you see as a common thread throughout all of Mussolani's inspirations is an anti parliamentarism. That's really the ultimate bad guy.
Speaker 1: And we will come back to Mussolanium. I just want to stay on this for a while because you mentioned Currell and the general strike. How relevant do you think a general strike is today? Or is or things just too automated at this point?
Speaker 2: That's a good question. I would have to say, I haven't thought about it too much, although the thought did a heard to me as I was reading this, whether or not such a thing as even possible at this point. My first instinct is that I don't think it is. I don't think that the laboring class in certainly in America, has the requisite level of of of political consciousness for such a thing. And in many ways, it's it's gone backwards. It's it's that that genie has been put back in the lamp through all sorts of means, just stay propaganda and essentially the victory of the reactionary liberal so called democratic classes in the us. Possibly in Europe, it's still possible, but we of course run up against the fact that all of the the so called socialists of today have just completely changed their positions. They have just decided that their constituency are freaks and degenerates and foreigners, which has completely cut the legs out from under any kind of labor organizing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I mean, I've I've had these thoughts a lot, you know, from reading Sorell, and I think you're right. There's really the only way you're going to have that is if you have a coherent culture. And there is no coherent culture there, there is no culture on a mass scale. So yeah, it's everything keeps coming back to localism. But all right, moving on with the text. So, from what I got from reading reading this early views or anti statist, he sees economic transformation suppressing current property relations proletarians or the or the main actors or the sole actor. And then but he also seems to when he starts turning away from Marx, I think he just sees Marx. It seems like he sees Marx as an economist concerned solely with labor and material conditions. And I think that basically what Mussolini starts to see is is this do you think this is? When he starts to, you know, just start looking at the Italian people as the Italian people, and the yeah, it would be kind of it would be difficult to take a coherent culture and seeks to durascinated as such.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's his stance on nationalism as such really in the beginning is doctrinaire Marxist. He's very much against the idea of nationalism. He views patriotic appeals as basically being a tool of the bourgeois to fool the proletariat into fighting the wars for them, and so on and so forth. I'm not really sure where the turn towards a sort of Italian nationalism comes in. He has positive feelings about some figures in the history of Italian nationalism, like Mazzini, who is one of the leaders of the Resourcialmento, but they're sort of limited. He he's equivocal about his praise for these people. On Mazzini, for example, he notes, of course, in comparing him to Marx, that Mazzini really is not an economist, and he doesn't value Mazzini as an economist. Mazzini is a liberal. Basically, he's a liberal Republican who wanted to set up these sort of social democratic mechanisms that are completely against doctrine our socialism. But at the same time praises him as as a man, as sort of as a political agitator. But I'm not quite sure where the ultimate verdict would fall on these people. As far as Mussolany is concerned. It seems to me like in this period he's he sees them as well intentioned people with perhaps some noble virtues, but ultimately I don't think he sees himself as following in their footsteps.
Speaker 1: Well, one figure that probably people who don't know, you know who ever read the early history of Mussolini and you know, once again, thanks for putting that out there. One figure that he was really inspired by was Vilfredo Perretto, actually going to his lectures and doing commentary on his work, and it seemed like he he described Parretto's ideas as like a healthy positivism. Is that what you get from the reading?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I would. I would tend to agree with that. Parretto's sort of analysis of the way that democratic states actually function is I think something that naturally would have appeal to a socialist who who believes their worldview to be scientific right, or values a sort of scientific worldview. And Parretto is used by Mussolini in a couple different ways here. Firstly by breaking down the sort of idea of social majorities. Vil Fredo Pereto, for those who don't know, was actually am I correct on this? He began as more of an economist and then moved into more political science. You are correct, yes, okay, And so he applies a more systematic, analytical, sort of economics based framework to analysis of politics. And basically he's saying that democracy is fake, and he can prove it mathematically that there is essentially never any such thing as a majority in politics, that the idea of majoritarian rule itself is sort of a fiction. Everything is always run by an organized minority, something that I think a lot of people on our side of things today will will take for granted that that's essentially true. But he's sort of the founder of that principle and the one who did the most had demonstrated scientifically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he uh Parretto. When Leslin he writes in nineteen oh four that Parretto is basically likening the sovereign right of majorities to the divine right of princes and the Parreto also see it says, you know, like I think you mentioned, and like moral majorities or even intellectual majorities, that those have to be looked upon with suspicion, with suspicion, because there is you're at least at this time, at the time he's writing, the world has changed so much that and so much thought in the West has progressed away from throwing throwing an altar that it's kind of hard not to see that individualism is really taking over. And that's what I Predo says, Like even the terms like individual and social in the social sciences are can't even be made precisely right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think the value that Pereto has for Mustleny at this point is basically exploding the mythology of the liberal republican or not even necessarily republican at this point, but of liberal parliamentarian, I should say, states.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it seems like Mussolini was inspired by Peretto his insights teaching socialists at the time about unity and party tactics, suggesting that Peretto his critical his critical analysis of societal structures and limitations of conventional political concepts resonated with Mussolini and seemed to push his I think it pushed his socialism more, and it looks like it could possibly be pushing away his Marxist kind of socialist leanings towards more of a kinist kind of socialist leanings, if you get what I'm saying, Yeah, perhaps I think you.
Speaker 2: You see in a lot of his his writings at this point, there's some stuff that definitely seems contradictory, especially as it concerns those sort of later developments of his ideology. I think this is this is one of them, because he'll he'll cite or he'll he'll write approvingly of Nietzsche or Peretto's ideas on one page, and then on the next he's sort of back to this very classical Marxist universal brotherhood of man stuff, This this sort of universal humanism that doesn't really seem to mesh with what he's been talking about on the page before. So, and of course, being a man of contradictions at this point in his life, is is really no criticisms. He's basically trying to synthesize all of these things together. He hasn't and he hasn't done it yet, of course, because it's it's very early process. But I do agree. I think you definitely see the seeds of those later developments coming in at this point. Peretto, after all, is I'm not sure how I would describe him, Perhaps a conservative revolutionary at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably a conservative revolutionary. It's very strange people different people read Peretto and get different things out of him and see him as different things, which I guess that's a good thing. I guess that the compliments to him. The thing you mentioned about seeming contradictions, I think anybody who is who has gone like when you talk to people who were like on the left and now they're on the right, or libertarian who basically pretty much the same thing as being on the left and moving, you know, moving to what we would call the far right. In that process of evolving your the contradictions are going to abound. Because you're you don't want to leave things, you don't want to leave things behind you, you don't want to leave your past beliefs behind. You can start to believe that you're you know, why should I if I believe something was right at one point, why you know what makes it wrong now? And you know there's there's also the you know, you don't want to lose acquaintances and friends along the way, So any kind of you know, what you see from his writings where he's analyzing somebody who's obviously not a doctrinaire Marxist and struggling with that and still holding some you know, still holding some Marxist beliefs. I think that's just a a logical for anyone who's ever made a big shift, I think they're sympathetic to that.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. I did notice as well that some of the commentary where he seems to me anyways to be sort of at his worst in terms of this sort of sappy universal humanism, it seems to coincide with his time writing for one specific outlet, So it may have even been the influence of his editor or whatever whatever council was setting the editorial line for that publication, which I thought was kind of interesting. It was during his time in Trentino, I noticed especially he tends to write like that, Trentino being the Austrian at the time, Austrian province that was populated by primarily Italians.
Speaker 1: Let's move on to probably somebody who inspired him. It appears much more than did Nietzsche. I mean, first, first and foremost, it seems like Mussolini was just drawn to the brilliant spirit the challenging of traditional morality and systems every It's almost like Nietzsche offered a offered a basis for every revolts in every moral and political attitude of the revolutionary at that point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think his his reading of Nietzsche is quite good. Actually, I found very little in it that I that I really disagreed with, And I think his his his use of Nitsche to explain or to justify some of the radical positions that were taken by sort of revolutionary socialist figures. I think it's it's quite lightning for someone who's coming at it from our side of things. People who are are fans of Niche might find something valuable in there that the niche is not simply justifying their politics that is sort of right wing, right wing radical politics, but also people who are coming from the left and came up with some some pretty valuable interpretations of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like he it seems like he's almost drawing draws directly on the genealogy of morals, describing the origin of the state as a violent act by a pack of blonde beasts of prey and race of lords and conquerors who impose their laws on weaker populations. And while all of that sounds negative, it seems like it definitely resonated with him when it came to strength and force in the formation of a society.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's that's the theme that you see coming through with with him and with surrounds and of the others that we've we've talked about this, this clear thread through all of Mussolini's arguments on the value of of action of power on self reliance. Uh. He's he's always pushing for uh. And he and he quotes Marks on this saying, you know, the workers have to liberate themselves. They can't rely on on outside help or or charity from guilty bourgeois millionaires.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The workers utopia is not going to be built by charity cases. And that's that's I think an interesting way to synthesize Nietzsche with Marx, even in a certain a certain way.
Speaker 1: And he do you think it's in Nietzsche that he starts to see the uh see that even the blonde beasts of prey require a principle of solidarity for their collect for the for the collective and the states to endure like like this, it would involve obedience to collective rules and protection of slaves or production represented represented by a first limitation of individual will, a fatal also, which could be a fatal flaw of solidarity that even the strong can escape. But you know, even he like mostly he noted that the contradiction of Nietzsche's thought between the unique Guber mentioned the need for communal rules. But it seems like this is where he starts to get some of his uh, some of his inspiration to move away from uh Marxist being a doctrinaire Marxist to or it's more of a kinship kind of model.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think it's. It's certainly he sees this as a dilemma. In Niches thought, he has a pretty interesting passage where he sort of explores it more in depth that honestly, I felt like I had to go back to and reread it. It is. It's it's pretty complicated conceptually. I think it is notable how much of a philosopher Bussolini really is at this point. He has a very very good grasp of these things and a lot to say, a lot to say about it. I'm not sure if did I answer the question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean it's I mean, that's a rabbit hole. Yeah, that's like, that's a series just to to examine certain figures and how they how they rectify the uber Mensch and communal rules. And but you know, it's like, I guess at that point where he he's embracing the concept of the uber Mensch and he really starts to I think, as you just said, starts to question everything, and he even sees like the uber Mensch representing a being who surpasses man, battling against not only the police, you know, the plubs, but also God.
Speaker 2: M hm. Yeah, yeah, I mean I certainly think that that his reading is. I think it's a good one really. And he also everyone will will notice at this point he's really leaning on Niche for his anti Christian views, and mostly throughout this book is very much an anti clerical radical. He really sees in the Church like one of the greatest enemies, one of the greatest reactionary forces.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the and I guess it can't be overstated that considering the the priors that he comes from, that that would definitely be something that would be he would carry forth, and that would probably be the hardest thing for him to throw off.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, and the interesting thing I think is that when you look at what happens in what was it twenty two or twenty three, that the actual that the Fascist Party comes to.
Speaker 1: Power two I believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you know, with what happens in twenty two, he ends up compromising on a lot of things that probably he shouldn't have, most especially the monarchy and the sort of parliamentary system. Even the Grand Council of Fascism ends up ultimately being basically a little better than a parliamentary system. So you see, of course, the old rule expressed that all movements are more pure in the beginning and become less so as they go on. And he and of course he compromises with the Church as well in the end, there's the various accommodations that are made. Of course, in the beginning, the Church is very much opposed to fascism, but then in the end he's of course supporting the Spanish nationalists who are very much aligned with the Catholic Church. You see the same thing play out basically in Germany, right where the Church manages always to sort of escape the clutches of these anti clerical movements because they have bigger fish to fry. But I don't think mostly any really ever in his heart returned back to Catholicism. I think he might have made his peace with it, but you still have the sort of anti clerical streak in him.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, Padre Pio Trot did as much as he could, but yeah, he can only do something.
Speaker 2: And it's it's funny because you almost see like a Napoleon here, because Napoleon follows the same trajectory, beginning as a radical, never really quite making his peace with the Church or or never coming the whole way back around to it, of course taking the crown from the Pope's hands and crowning himself, but yet also restoring some of its privileges and some of its status.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: It's the Church has always had a tricky relationship with these sorts of radical movements.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well, the speaking of the church, he he some of these some of his writings are extremely short and so he I mean just to bounce on like a couple, just cover a couple of these. I mean, he has a very short one on the Masonic question, and he wrote this in nineteen ten. And he's like, to the question, kind of socialists joined Freemasonry? We will answer no, must a socialists who is found to be a member of Freemason beury being spell from the party? We will answer yes, there are a few hundred of our leaders who, instead of working in the interests of the proletariat, work in the interests of the lodge to which they belong. They must be swept away, purified the air infected by the old secular left wing. Click, then we will breathe better. Some amazing, some amazing writings, and just he could turn a phrase which is which basically what your enemies. And I mean, there's a lot of people who don't like Mussolini at all. Doctor Matthew Raphael Johnson can't stand him. I'm more like neutral. I look upon him as a historical figure that needs to be studied good things, bad things, And but to underestimate his importance and because of basically because of the timing of his rise is uh and and to not study him is just I think it's, uh, you're failing yourself. And also to get back to my mind's all over the place. I gets Scatterburan sometimes his his enemies and they still still exist to this day, will tell you that, you know, he was just a brute of a man who would fight anybody on the street, which is obviously true. But I think one of the things his speeches and his writings prove is he was also an incredibly intelligent person.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, yeah, it's uh, Mossleney is certainly underrated. I'm sure I've said that before talking about our our other mussol Any book that we have, which is a collection of his his late war speeches which are much more sparse. Of course, he didn't have time for all this, all this writing when he was a head of state. But yeah, I mean personally, I think these these early writings are the most interesting part about him. Like reading Mussolani in his his younger radical stage, and you know, you, like we've said, you you can detect the seeds of where he's going to develop later ideologically, but he still really has this this radical edge that a lot of of people like him had before the war. The First World War of course, ends up changing everything in Europe. So getting that that window into what things looked like beforehand is always fascinating.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's so obvious, like the what the war did to so many. I mean, he's a you know, he would be a considered to be a fan of a hero of the trade unionist, of the working man, you know, of the proletariat. And then he gets into power and who are the anti fascists who try to kill him? Trade workers, republicans, former uh, former soldiers from World War One? And it just well, because we didn't live at that time, and because so little and I actually believe so little has been preserved from that time or just hasn't been translated yet, that we don't understand exactly how revolutionary a time that was coming out of that war, and how the average man returning to his country who fought in that war, what he found at home, and how you know, we know, we probably know better how the national socialist dealt with it, but you know, there were this was every country that had to deal with it and come home to radicals trying to infiltrate in pretty much every country. And yeah, just knowing the path that he took, and then how the people who before the war would have been his comrades are now trying to kill him absolutely amazing.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's them might even be an overstatement. I don't don't think that he I don't think that Mussolini's transformation from a socialist to a fascist was as much of an about face as people tend to think. I believe he really did hold on to a lot of these ideological tenets. And of course to really get in depth on the reading there, we'll have to wait for the next volume to come out of this collection. Because even if you look into the twenties and thirties, there's a lot of even military collaboration between Musolini's Italy and the Soviet Union, especially in the naval realm. There's a lot of comments from Mussolini that paint the Soviet Union in a favorable light during this period, or at least highlight the positive things that Mussolini sees developing there. It really is quite interesting, and I think a lot of his sort of cadres from the socialist period follow him into the Fascist Party. There's not necessarily a view that they're nimically opposed to each other. It seems to me that a lot of the a lot of the opposition to Mussolini's rule in Italy really is more of a coalition between these sort of anti authoritarian radical liberals on one hand and the sort of of Trotskyist types on the other. Like you see these fractures within socialism becoming more pronounced, and that's I think where a lot of the opposition comes from.
Speaker 1: I think that's what I was. What I was trying to say, more than anything, was how people were viewing him, how people who would know who he was before the war were viewing him now. And it goes to show how much people people were pretty much everyone was actually changed by the war. I mean not everyone, I mean obviously the the Marxist, the Bolsheviks, they pretty much stayed in there in the lane that they were in before. But just people's perceptions, how much they changed, and also how how much of a sense of urgency it seemed coming out of the war, which you know, if you understand exactly what the war was, what it did, what it did, and the world coming out of it makes a lot of sense. It's just I don't think it's something that it's hard for us to grasp just by reading a book.
Speaker 2: At this point, m oh I did want to say though, because I don't think I I had the opportunity to make much of an introduction to the book at the beginning. And I just mentioned now that this will be part of a series. So this is volume one. We're gonna have a lot more of these coming out. I think we're shooting for one book in this series per year for the foreseeable future. So we're going to cover a lot of Mussolini's writings through aunt up Pill, and I really recommend that people do get familiar with the intellectual developments during this time period this volume one. I really cannot overstate how much more of an appreciation it's given me for that sort of turn of the century radicalism and the way it led into all the political developments that were more familiar with later on into the interwar period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, awesome, awesome, I know people look forward to that. So I guess one other one other specific. Uh, I don't know if this is a letter or yeah, this is a letter. He actually writes a letter on the need for propaganda. I mean just explicitly. Oh, sure, and I think that's just something that you you didn't see in the day, and even today when I don't think we call it properly. I think the term we a lot of us use is just narrative control. We need our own narratives. It's not as explicit and he's I mean he's he's incredibly explicit about how how this is needed to guide the people and control the people. And it's just it's it's a breath of fresh air to read somebody being this, uh, this out in the open about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, propaganda back then hadn't become like a dirty word. It was understood as really the textbook definition of the word. It's propaganda is called propaganda because it is to propagate an idea or a viewpoint. I mean, if you even look at like Rex's minister Goebels was, he was Minister of Propaganda, that was his official title. It wasn't something shameful to say, we're doing propaganda.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think people just think of of Gebel Goebbels as being like, we don't care, you know, we're we just we're being explicit about it. But no, it was just something explicitly talked about back then. Nowadays, it's it has become such a dirty word. I mean, and even more explicitly than like if you read I'm sure you've you've probably read Brenees's propaganda. Yeah, he catches it in advertising language. I mean he's not he's not even explicit about it. And he's considered the father of propaganda, and he's writing at the same time, and.
Speaker 2: It's it's funny. I think it's like Westerners have this idea that propaganda is like something that happens to other people or or in other in other countries. It's it's like this dirty word. It's no, you're being propagandized all the time, every day. You can't you can't step outside your door without being propaganda. I tell you can't stay inside your door without being propagandized.
Speaker 1: The guy on Fox and New has told me that there's no propaganda going on on the channel. But if there is one, if there's one thing that we one theme that you think that's really important in this volume that that we haven't covered, let me know now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think my big takeaway is that what we're looking at in Mussolini's early work is how fascism and sort of third position is a more generally really comes out of a fusion of radical ideologies and radical thinkers. It is not the inheritance of any one particular historical political trend. It really is its own thing. I think often people forget that, or people want to identify our sort of politics as being quote unquote right wing or far right. But really, I think we have to destroy that notion. I think it feeds back into bad thinking, It feeds back into priors that a lot of people have that are wrong and embracing that sort of radical heritage, that willingness to throw out these these old ideologies that feed the system that were supposedly opposed to that really needs to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, well good work on this. People should go to Antelope Hill Publishing dot com. The books right at the front there with another book that right next to it is another book featured products that I've covered with the that the gentleman Antelope Hill were nice enough to allow me to speak to the translators Germany installer and is Cross Hair Germany and Stalin's Cross Hairs by Bernt Schipper. And uh, that's a an episode that people really got a lot out of and actually had people in I sent my copy to somebody in in a europe In country because they couldn't they couldn't order it. They were they weren't a lad's order. You're shocked, aren't you. Yeah, but yeah, go order the book there. Order. I can't count how many analo Pill books I have that I've actually purchased with my own money and use promo code PQ you get five percent off, and uh yeah, check this book out. Because we are this collection, there'll be a volume two, and I think for those who are interested in the subject, learning about the genesis and taking this basically taking the journey with Mussolini through through the rise of fascism in Italy will uh we'll learn a lot from it. And there may even be some things in there that could be useful in the future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I've got to say, and I genuinely I don't say this about all of our books, but this one really impressed me. I found this one particularly valuable and insightful. And it'll also point you towards some other thinkers who certainly have valuable things for us, like Currel as the headline example.
Speaker 1: All Right, Kurt, I always enjoyed talking to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, absolutely thanks again for having Mesh