Speaker 1: Fifteen Academy of Country Music Awards, and it's his birthday, Keith Lionel Urban, turning fifty seven on this October twenty seven. Let's take away there's.
Speaker 2: A new life I've never known.
Speaker 3: I'm breathing deeper them never don't, and it sure feels good to find and feel the way out to. I won't love somebody, love somebody like I'm letting go out on my lest two days, I forgeting myself.
Speaker 2: Who know the sticks I've made?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: It's long thing, all the thing I want to do. I won't love somebody loves when in this world can circles school norwis.
Speaker 1: He's works with artists as diverse as Pink and uh, I mean just Pink alone. Think about Keith Urban and Pink and the Dixie Chicks in the list is just incredible. Keith Urban, Happy birthday on this Saturday, October twenty sixth, twenty twenty four. Before we look at and look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history, including but not limited to these, The First Continental Congress adjourned in Philadelphia this date in seventeen seventy four, and just fifty years later fifty one years later, in eighteen twenty five, the Erie Canal opened in upstate New York. Eighteen sixty one, the legendary Pony Express officially ceased operations. The trans Continental Telegraph would take its place technology eighteen eighty one. On this date, four including Wyatt urb and Doc Holiday exchange gunfire with five other outlaws. Some people say they're the outlaws, the pupil they were exchanged. They were kind of all outlaws, killing three of them. At the shootout at the Ok Corral in Tombstone, Arizona. Nineteen seventy nine, the South Korean president Park Chung He shot to death by the head of the Korean Central Intelligence Agency. Baby Fay, a newborn with severe heart defect, was given the heart of a baboon in an experimental transplant in California. She did live twenty one days with the animal heart. Year was nineteen eighty four. Two thousand, the New York Yankees became the first team in more than a quarter century to win three straight World Series Championships. They are locked in another battle with the Los Angeles Dodgers right now. Results of Game one. If you don't know coming up, this is a date that I've never been happy to even say. This is a part of our American life. Desperate times, desperate measures, and all that. But it was on this date. In two thousand and one, President Bush signed the USA Patriot Act, giving authorities unprecedented power to search, sees, detain or eavesdrop in their pursuit of possible terrorists. Amy Cony Barrett confirmed to the Supreme Court this date. In twenty twenty, famous folks celebrating birthdays. Actor Jacqueline Smith, one of Charlie's Angels, turned seventy nine. To a Pat Sajack is seventy eight, counting his money and enjoying his retirement. Oh it's Hillary Clinton's birthday, no comments. Musician Bootsie Collins is seventy three. Bootsy Babey, actor James Pickens. Rita Wilson, also known as Tom Hanks's wife, turned sixty eight. Dylan McDermott is sixty three, Kerrie Uways is sixty two, Natalie Merchant sixty one. Tom Cavanaugh has a birthday. Seth MacFarlane from the Family Guy on TV is fifty one. Today. Rapper Schoolboy Q, one of Liam's favorites, has a birthday he's thirty eight. Happy birthday, schoolboy, Q. And if it's your birthday, I hope it is absolutely the best birthday you could possibly imagine. You get to spend it with the people you love, doing the things you love to do, and that is truly my wish for you. Weather Sports Mametree dick Al from Montgomery. I don't know all coming up as we begin this Saturday morning edition on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Now this morning at nine, Mike Allen bites the latest wave of ridiculousness with karate like discipline on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: In today's Marketers Report, Erica Taylor, chief marketing officer of Genentech.
Speaker 7: Weighs in on ota inventory at any of Zimmer's three locations him Monroe, Brookville, and Aurora.
Speaker 1: Zimmertractor dot Com clears guys, this morning, a sunny day, this afternoon are high only reaching about sixty four again clear and Chile tomorrow morning. Tomorrow's Tomorrow's low thirty nine and on Sunday, sunshine and a high of sixty two for Bengals Eagles. Anything else you got planned Friday night looks on Saturday morning. It's in October and the Friday night lights shining in Los Angeles last night for Game one of the World Series. Liam Tomlinson, what occurred?
Speaker 8: Yeah, the highly anticipated Fall Classic matchup between the Los Angeles and Dodgers and New York Yankees absolutely delivered last night. Nine innings wasn't enough, so they had to go to extras. The Yankees got one in the top of the tenth. Shoho Tani, with two outs in the bottom of the tent, had an opportunity to hit a walk off. He pops out Alex Radugo, dives into the stands and makes what people thought at the time would be the game saving play for the Yankees. But with bases loaded and two outs, Freddie Freeman up to bat. He hits a walk off grand Slam home run to right field, a no doubt home run to the Los Angeles Dodgers take Game one six to three against the Yankees. Game two of the World Series is tonight at a Carlos Rodon takes the mound for the Yankees and Yamamato takes the mound for the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Your Danville Admirals no success again on the grid.
Speaker 8: It's been seven hundred and twenty two days since the Danville Admirals last win. They failed to breath the County fifty to nothing. Walton Verona defeated Owen County twenty to seven. Harrison County shut out Homes thirty five to nothing. Beachwood handled Bracken County thirty eight to seven. Lloyd Memorial top Bourbon County forty two to twelve, Bishop Brosser thump Trimble County sixty five to nothing, Great Cass Great Crossing sixty Campbell County twenty five, and Roger Bacon dominated Norwood sixty nine to six.
Speaker 1: There's a professional football game tomorrow at pay Corps Stadium.
Speaker 8: Wide out at pay Corps Stadium Tomorrow, The Bengals faceoff against the Philadelphia Eagles Sunday afternoon at one Jamar Chase didn't know it was at one pm, but they flexed the game from four to twenty five to one. Pregame cover begins with Tony mo and Ken Brew beginning at nine nine am. Kickoff the set for one pm. Catch all the action on the Home of the Best. Bengals coverage seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: Your Lockdown News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: If you're looking for a healthy, fun family tradition on Thanksgiving Day. Here's your answer the WESTV.
Speaker 1: Walker on seven hundred WLW and straight to the phones. We're already backed up, packed up and stacked up, as Seg would say on the telephone lines. Let's go to Mamme Tree. Good morning, Mamme Tree. She's singing, Mamme Tree, Hello, Lynnette.
Speaker 2: We'll just enjoy this, oh.
Speaker 1: Ma hello, hello momm Tree. Well, it's it's good to kind of talk to you, dear. Enjoyed the song. Take care love you. Yeah, there you are. I've been talking to you for the last thirty seconds.
Speaker 11: I was practicing and I got to hear you. You didn't say I was on, so I didn't know I was.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I did actually say you were on as soon as I.
Speaker 11: Picked up the phone when it first came on. You always say she's on the line, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you didn't do it, uh, Lynette, mimmetry. It's fine. We're running out of precious time now talking about how that you weren't there when I came to you.
Speaker 11: Anyway, Yes, I wanted to say hi, did Betty. I just found out she wrote to me three years ago when you OpEd me to the world and Betty wrote to me again. I had the letter twice and I lost it again, so I don't know your address or where you're from or nothing. So I love you and uh Marcia Pharmacist, I love your doll baby. She said that she loves to hear your show very death because lady Linette down there.
Speaker 1: That's wonderful, dear, so God.
Speaker 11: Bless got to run. I'm sorry I held you up.
Speaker 1: It's okay. I got to hear you sing anyway, when you were practicing, you sounded pretty good.
Speaker 11: That's the bluestyff.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, love you too. Al second week in a row you're checking in with me. What's going on?
Speaker 13: Al well?
Speaker 14: Gary jeff as Yes, suh my gentleman's gun dog Babia.
Speaker 4: Ira for a Saturday morning. Gotta ride.
Speaker 14: And I'm start to call and ask you, because you know you have your finger on the pulse of Cincinnati. How long has the Cincinnati Zoo been serving finger sandwiches?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: No, I've only been to the zoo one time in the thirty years i've lived here. Al So, I really don't know that much about the Cincinnati Zoo and it's serving of finger sandwiches.
Speaker 4: Well, I just you know, you heard about.
Speaker 14: The chimpanzee, and I don't get the some off of one of the handlers though obviously the servant.
Speaker 4: Finger sandwiches, you know, and.
Speaker 1: I figured it had to do with some wonky news news story. All right, man, I'm sorry I couldn't help you with that. I'm imagining if you if you get too close to the chimpanzee, you could lose a finger at any moment.
Speaker 4: Well, not a banana, you know, But I guess.
Speaker 1: Do you do you think do you think the chimpanzee said, well, and I could have had a banana instead of this. This tastes awful, you know that one?
Speaker 4: That one kind of stumps me.
Speaker 14: It's hard to say what goes to a chimpanzee's mind at times, but sometimes I think there are a lot of them in Washington, d C.
Speaker 1: Well, I was gonna say, if you want to know, if you want to know what goes through a primate's mind, listen to uh Democrat candidates on the stump. Thank you so much. Nick and Forest Park. Hello, good morning, you're on the air.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Jesse.
Speaker 4: You sound great.
Speaker 15: I'm so glad you're doing well. Anyway, I heard on the news last night. The Jeckel's got closed down. Jeckyl's up the street, and uh, I kind of kind of surprised.
Speaker 1: You're talking you're talking about you're talking about You're talking about Jeckyls or Jersey.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, yeah, I had the name wrong.
Speaker 1: I think Jerseys.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, that's.
Speaker 1: It's a big convoluted thing with the ABC and the city and the owner basically Rolfe, who was a great guy getting screwed by all of the above. That's all I know.
Speaker 4: Take care of.
Speaker 15: Forgot I'm sorry I forgot the name. It's been a long time. But the place is always nice place to go to.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah. And uh the more bars open on Mama Street, the better it is for me because competition and traffic always brings you more business if you're on the ball. Thank you. Nick Dick from Dayton is hanging. We'll talk to him next. Hey, Bengals fans up, How are you? I'm fantastic.
Speaker 4: How are you? And number one?
Speaker 1: How is Ingrid doing? She's doing okay, fine?
Speaker 4: Fine.
Speaker 16: They put her in right over by me. They transported her over I think it was Tuesday over to write in Vicinity about five minutes from the house.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's fantastic.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's called Oak Creek Rehab. It's a nice little place. It's hard to it's in a real richie section, but she's doing fine. She's taking physical therapy and her spirits are up.
Speaker 1: It's in a ritzy section. Do they let you visit?
Speaker 16: Oh yeah all the time. Okay, really really nice, fantastic.
Speaker 1: Now, now, Halloween's coming up next week. Dick, our time short here. Dave from Dayton wants to know do you have a favorite candy?
Speaker 17: Me?
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, I like.
Speaker 13: I like Sneekers bars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a Reese's Peanut butter cup guy myself. Now, do you do you pass out candy on Halloween?
Speaker 16: No, No, I'm gonna. I got a show. I didn't get to go to the group the other night because see, I had car trouble my starter and I had to go to Christmer but I lucked out. You know, everything's been under the warranty, so I waited all day there geez, I'm telling me.
Speaker 1: Well, at least you got it fixed. Okay, Finally we need your huge Dick pick for Bengals Eagles tomorrow.
Speaker 16: Dick twenty seven for the Bengals twenty four.
Speaker 12: For the Eagles, it sounds familiar, okay, I.
Speaker 1: Mean you you predict that score a lot as well.
Speaker 16: But I think they're gonna win tomorrow. They looked pretty good last week.
Speaker 1: I thought, well, they were playing another lousy team. All right, Dick, We're gonna hope for the Beers though they just four gat.
Speaker 19: In the Try State weather, we're looking at gradual clearing. We'll see you morning low of forty six. Then for our Saturday at sunshine with a few clouds and the highest sixty four. At night colder, clear low of thirty seven. And on Sunday it's sunshine, cool, a high at sixty one. I'm Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, and that's your nine first warning forecast.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's fifty five degrees. Our next update is that six thirty. I'm Whitney Harris News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: News twenty four hours a day. He was a radio seven hundred WLW Mercedes beenze Ford Mitchell dot Com into the.
Speaker 1: First official hour of the Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, October the twenty sixth, twenty twenty four, I'm Gary Jeff Walker and as always entirely my pleasure to be with you again, and on a Saturday morning, with all my friends. The Mayberry of radio continues to roll along on this Saturday. And let's go ahead and talk to Dave. Oh who's that is he?
Speaker 2: Walking in the woods?
Speaker 1: Wise, little red riding that's the voice of Dave.
Speaker 2: Hey, their little red riding hood. He sure hard looking at you. Everything a big, bad good ones.
Speaker 1: Getting freaky around here. Oh, good morning, Dave.
Speaker 4: Good morning, scatty Jeff, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm fine. I was kind of hoping. I was kind of hoping that you would begin the phone call this way with some kind of awful Boris Karlov voice or what it was wondering?
Speaker 4: Yes, scattered Jeff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've done that, Scatted Jeff.
Speaker 14: Why aren't the vampires welcome in Blood Banks?
Speaker 20: Why?
Speaker 21: Because, Scattered Jeff, they only make with drawls.
Speaker 1: What was that noise?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Does a ghost have to get before he can scare anyone?
Speaker 1: A phone that works?
Speaker 4: Haunting license?
Speaker 1: A haunting.
Speaker 4: Sarelye?
Speaker 16: Jeff, Scattered Jeff, Dave?
Speaker 4: Sea monster?
Speaker 11: Huh?
Speaker 1: Well, go ahead?
Speaker 14: Why did the sea monster eat five ships carrying potatoes?
Speaker 1: Why did the sea monster eat five ships? Carrying potatoes. I have no idea.
Speaker 22: Because you can't just.
Speaker 1: Potato ship Dave. You you really do scare me.
Speaker 23: And then there's this jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funding by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 1: It's a Rocky Mountain showdown.
Speaker 5: Down Mark Scott Centerfield and his five and two bear Cats head west to take on Coach Prime and his.
Speaker 1: Five and two Buffalo.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, it's a big twelve Spotlight events live from Colorado.
Speaker 1: Who out catch this conference?
Speaker 5: Classic live coverage starts tonight at nine fifteen on seven hundred WLW and seven hundred wlw's live stream on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: In this week's market, It's a Saturday morning. Here we are again to get them on the radio radio with Elvis an old radio Rick on seven hundred.
Speaker 24: W l W shot on the light night styg it and my radio advised with every one of those United stations plans songs.
Speaker 1: Bringing this in my eyes, I recommend that you don't do anything your radio advice is unless it's a life or death situation, and then you might want to think the second time about it. Ah, let's check in with mister Washburn, Old Radio Rick. I gotta tell you I and and Liam you can join in on this because this partially involves you. I don't know how many Liam, how many months ago did you give up your beautiful antique zenith to old Radio Rick Washburn to see if he could work his magic.
Speaker 8: Well, I think he just came to my house and took it from me in the middle of the night, like Santa. But it was after the Gary Jeff party.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's been a while, but we got results back. And Rick, good morning. I cannot tell you how impressed, and I'm always impressed with what you do and how you do it. But the work you've done on that zenith is just man, that's immaculate.
Speaker 25: Well, it is a lot of fun to work on ones that look as bad as Liams did, because a lot of times, with some effort and Marie didn't have to work her magic on this. It was just a matter of doing a lot of cleanup on the cabinet, a lot of scratching and water stains on the top, but it was all superficial and then from there just gently cleaning without ruining the to finish. And yeah, it came out looking pretty good. Although it is it's not a true Franken radio, but it did get a couple of transplants from a donor in Maryland.
Speaker 1: So fantastic. All right, Well, so how are you receiving us this morning and on what device?
Speaker 25: Well, this morning I am focusing on a nineteen fifty nine Grunding Majestic Model twenty twenty eight U. This is one of those West German exports that is a table model. It's a MFM and short waves six tubes and has a massive speaker in the front as well as two very tiny and extremely thin electromatic speakers as tweeters on the side. There are some most amazing sounding speakers, but they don't carry base at all, and a couple of some electric static electrostatic speakers have been manufactured that do provide base, but they literally are the size of a large refrigerator each, so it's not the most practical thing in the world, but you sound wonderful that on top of everything else, there is a catalog entry that I thought was fun because luckily this is not bad translation. It's just odd advertising, and that's what all the fun is because the features include the tone control keyboard used with multisonic tone controls, and almost unbelievable combination of sound vibrations can be produced.
Speaker 1: Now this is a nineteen This is a nineteen fifty nine model, correct, So I mean it sounds oddly like. Some of these catalog descriptions were written by Kamala Harris.
Speaker 25: Including the automatic finger magic buttons perhaps, or the Eagle Eye tuner, which is actually the nineteen fifties version or sixties version of the of the magic itube, except instead of being round, it's just a line and there's two blue lines that lide up and meet in the middle when you're tuned in, which, by the way, this electric marble tunes in stations with hairline accuracy, so the stations are locked in with absolutely no drift on any band. It's got nothing to do with the tuning meter, and it's a little misleading, So I might say.
Speaker 1: Like I said, written by Kamala Harris, only she wasn't born yet.
Speaker 25: Well, the importance of the tone control is that it controls the tone when tone needs to be controlled, and that's how you control tone.
Speaker 1: Don't you love a yellow school?
Speaker 25: But well, I was raised in the middle class family.
Speaker 4: Okay, so this is too easy.
Speaker 1: Nineteen fifty nine, Grundig said.
Speaker 25: Undig majestic. Yes, and the model number was what two zero two eight? You and you stand for? You exported this from West Germany?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I had the twenty twenty eight te which was the forerunner of that, and didn't have all those features, so they greatly improved it with the U. I'm guessing.
Speaker 25: Well, I think the tea was the export unit sent to Tanzania, and so you know now how they are.
Speaker 1: Damn Tanzanians. Take care, brother, Thank you so much. That's fun stuff. Six nineteen on a Saturday morning, Must we go on? Yes?
Speaker 4: We must.
Speaker 26: When you think about the American dream, you think about Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 27: I'm an American, and I always dream about Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 1: That's because Willie is so dreaming.
Speaker 28: Willly is so American.
Speaker 1: I bet he's got big eagle tattooed on his test. Now, I bet he's got a tattoo of an American muscle car. Yeah, and his nipples are probably the tires.
Speaker 2: You can't get any more American than that.
Speaker 1: You can't get any more American than Willie.
Speaker 29: Bill Cunningham Tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred w l W American. Sometimes wary crime took place leads you to answer why the crime happened in the first place.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm morning.
Speaker 19: It's a seven AM temperature of forty six now for Saturday, mostly sunny, a highest sixty four at night, mostly clear, dropping to thirty seven on Sunday. More sunshine and the highest sixty one from your severe weather station. I'm nine first warning, Chief Meteorologist, Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 7: W l W, writing night X on Saturday evening, but Liam Tomlinson first and foremost.
Speaker 1: U see bear Cats on the Road in Colorado.
Speaker 8: Big Time college football matchup in Boulder between Cincinnati Bearcats and the Colorado Buffaloes. Both teams are five and two overall and three and one in Big twelve play. The winner puts themselves in a driver's seat position, the first spot to potentially play in the Big Twelve Conference championship game. That kickoff is at ten to ten. You can catch all the action right here on seven hundred WLW. There's four top twenty five matchups today in college football. Twelfth rank Notre Dame faces twenty fourth ranked Navy in New York at noon. Twenty th ranked Illinois travels to number one Oregon at three thirty, twenty one Missouri goes to Tuscaloosa to play fifteenth ranked Alabama at three thirty, and fifth ranked Texas goes on the road to Nashville to face the twenty fifth ranked Vanderbilt commodore O Doors. Couple high school football scores from.
Speaker 1: Around the area.
Speaker 8: Reading defeated Marymont thirty seven to six. More Offense rolls over Muskegat Muskagen fifty two to twenty seven for sixty three Dixie Heights twenty one. Lawrenceburg beats South Dearborn thirty four to eight. LaSalle topped Elder thirty five to twenty four. Cincinnati Cincinnati Country Day defeated Saint Bernard Elmwood Place forty to twenty six. Ludlow dominated Holy Cross thirty three to six. Cincinnati Hills Christian top Summit Country Day forty to eight. Life Christian Academy was helped scoreless against Seynax six to two, nothing Lacota East Beato'k Hills twenty four to six, Wyoming held Finnytown to only three points, winning thirty six to three, and Mount Healthy one over Waverley forty six to twenty one.
Speaker 27: Here's what's trending from the iHeart Sports Network presented by DraftKings, the official partner.
Speaker 1: Of the NBA.
Speaker 30: Good news for the Bengals offensive line head coach Jack Taylor says that star left tackle Orlando Brown Junior will start on Sunday against the Eagles. Miami Ohio comes in with a two game winning streak and goes for a third in a row when they take on Central Michigan, who's reeling after two straight lawsuits and the Dads Ready Freeman hits the first walk up rand slam in the history of the World Series. His tenth inning smash gave them the win in Game one against the Yankees. I'm j d apron seck.
Speaker 5: Out what DraftKings has to offer this season with Code Sports, because life's more fun when you're.
Speaker 31: In on the egg parm Day to day we wrought to you by on Core Technologies and here local Ford Dealers on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 7: But it's a spand with Bengals head coach Zach Taylor once again and coaches take a look. Here we go back to the beginning of the season when we were kind of waiting on Jamar and the past distribution was a little bit more widely spread.
Speaker 1: Recent weeks, it's more of the Jamar t show.
Speaker 7: Not that that's a bad show to watch, but is that by design or that just happens to be Who's open?
Speaker 32: Yeah, that's just how the games have gone. You know, we faced a lot more main covers last week from Cleveland, who we think is one of the top defenses in the league. And that's just the way the game unfolded. So each game is going to be a little bit different. You never know how it's gonna end up. And we'll just see how this one goes this week.
Speaker 7: Yeah, speaking of defenses, I mean the Eagles, I guess held the Giants to free last weekend. I'd assume you've watched that tape by now, where were they strong?
Speaker 4: The Eagles defense. They did a nice job.
Speaker 32: They got up to the quarterback on New York. You know, New York had a new left tackle playing over there, and they took advantage of him a little bit.
Speaker 4: So they've got a good team.
Speaker 32: They've got a lot of talent on both sides of the ball, and it'll be a great test for us. I know our guys are excited for games like this and so excited to get out there on Sunday and go after them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the best way to start the game was the way that started last week with a touchdown run back kind of takes the crowd out of it pretty early on. Important to get out ahead of the of the Eagles early on, too, I would imagine it is you know, in big.
Speaker 32: Games like this, you want to try to take control as early as possible. And I don't know if they'll give us an opportunity to run it back on the first one of the game, but that's a great way to start.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it takes their crowd out of it if we had a home run.
Speaker 32: So want to get our people involved and I know we'll have a great crowd they always do, and we've got to be able to match their performance and give them something to cheer about.
Speaker 1: The getting of the season.
Speaker 7: The defense wasn't as tough a against the run, although when the big names come along, look at Derek Henry and Nick Chubb. They've done a great job of stopping them. And of course we have we're back too closer to full strength now. But Seguon Barkley, I think he put up one hundred and seventy six yards last week and then took an early powder.
Speaker 1: He's tough.
Speaker 32: Yeah, he's a good back. You know, he had two runs of close to sixty yards each, you know which which really got him to that total. So he's a really strong runner. He can finish him off as well and try to run people over. He's got great agility, So he's he's as tough as he comes in terms of trying to manage. And you know, our guys to face some good backs in the past, and so this would be a great challenge. I'm excited to watch our guys go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then as far as health wise, Orlando Brown's, you know Stone, how they're doing.
Speaker 32: Yeah, we'll see Orlando with lemoned yesterday in practice. We'll take it day to day with him and same with GM she knows a little sore, but we'll see where it gets through the.
Speaker 7: Week, all right, looking forward to Sunday and the white out and all that. Best of luckily, we'll talk again next week. Thanks so much, Thanks Mike.
Speaker 33: With a constantly changing landscape of technology, it's important to stay ahead of the game have access to the latest technology services by leveraging OnCore Technologies for managed services, professional services.
Speaker 1: And support.
Speaker 33: OnCore provides a range of services including data center, cloud network and collaboration solutions, all accessible through our twenty four to seven service desk and operation center. On Core Technologies can simplify your technology solutions and keep your organization fully operational in any scenario. Visit OnCore dot tech to find out more.
Speaker 20: For generations, hardworking people have relied on Ford F series trucks to help grow businesses, communities, families, a legacy of capability and technology that has made Ford F series America's best selling trucks forty seven years straight.
Speaker 1: This is the next generation of built Ford tough based on nineteen.
Speaker 20: Seventy seven to twenty twenty three Calavii year total sales.
Speaker 31: You've been listening to who toy on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage Rocky year for but Herbert.
Speaker 9: The latest weather forecast from news Radio seven hundred W l John.
Speaker 1: Jilli out there this morning.
Speaker 17: Temperatures are back down into the forties, but it's a fall like weekend today topping out in the low sixties with sunny skies. You wake up tomorrow in the thirties and you only climb to the low sixties yet again, but it will be sunny. From a severe weather station, I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harten on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: It's a cool.
Speaker 27: Forty eight degrees right now at six thirty five. I'm Sandy Collins. Next update at seven o'clock on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: And News twenty four hours a day, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: I'm toasting you, Sid Honey, we may be through. You'll never care me.
Speaker 1: Come blay no whiskey down.
Speaker 11: Jay?
Speaker 1: What yes, my friends, Let's head east out of Cincinnati, down fifty two past Hamilton, Claremont, and how now Brown County to the lovely village of Ripley, Ohio, home of the iconic weather rock down by the River Home of the Harry Tage Festival and home to the Gang at Brookies on a Saturday morning. Good morning, gang, good morning. Oh is it a gang of two this morning or three three three?
Speaker 4: It's a trio.
Speaker 1: It's Larry Mow and Curly.
Speaker 34: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, Yeah, what's going on, guys?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 35: Well, it's normal down here and Ripley and tonight. There's no music or anything at the bar but good food. But there's gonna be a excuse me, a pumpkin show what in the riverfront?
Speaker 4: What excuse me? A pumpkin show on the riverfront?
Speaker 1: Pumpkin show?
Speaker 36: Now?
Speaker 1: What does a pumpkin show? And Ripley consist of pumpkins?
Speaker 34: What do you want?
Speaker 29: Hey, they're gonna light up the pumpkins and the ones they've carved out.
Speaker 4: It's like a glow thing.
Speaker 1: Now here's the thing I've always wondered about this. Everybody talks about pumpkins this time of year. But once you carve them, aren't they officially jack o' leonards. They're not pumpkins anymore? Really, you know what I mean?
Speaker 34: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 13: Good point.
Speaker 1: I mean, once you stick that knife into that gord, it no longer is a pumpkin.
Speaker 4: That's pretty deep.
Speaker 1: Well, it depends on how thick the pumpkin is as to how deep it goes. Really so, so, I mean, are there prizes for the pumpkins show on the river tonight or no?
Speaker 4: I don't know about that show up and see what it is. That'd be you know that'd be enough.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well, and plus it's in close proximity to a place where you can easily get alcohol.
Speaker 35: Yeah, yeah, definitely, you'd still you probably still be in the Dora district too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I forgot about I forgot about Ripley's Dora district. How big is that area?
Speaker 4: Well, it might go into where the pumpkin show is so.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you know, you don't want to cross the line and get arrested with your cup. That'd be a that'd be a bad way. That'd be a bad way. I thought there was one cop in Ripley.
Speaker 4: No, are you quit quit? I don't know that that relates the citizens.
Speaker 1: The lawless village of Ripley, Ohio. No police and rogue pumpkin shows everywhere. How is the weather, Oh, it's going to be excellent weather, great fall night for for pumpkins on the River without any police, without any police supervision. Sherry, how is the weather rock doing this morning?
Speaker 36: Oh, the weather Rock's doing fine.
Speaker 22: It's nice and dry and warm, and it's.
Speaker 4: A beautiful time to be walking around on Frint Street. For the pumpkin gloves.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful time to be a live period. I agree, you guys, have a fantastic morning. Save some save some pumpkin for me. Okay, okay, thanks the Gang and Ripley at Brookies this morning, and Steve from hanging on with a pithy phone call a news of the week, and what a week it's been. Straight ahead on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 29: Seven hundred WLW Cincinnati, available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app down number one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 10: Just like your Bengals, team Chevrolet has game changing talent at every position.
Speaker 1: With the Sixties today and tomorrow for high tempts. Enjoy Light nine on Saturday, Liam Tomlinson, the floor is yours, my friend.
Speaker 8: The highly anticipated Fall Classic matchup between the Los Angeles Dodgers and the New York Yankees absolutely delivered last night. Freddie Freeman walk off Grand Slam with two outs in the bottom of the tenth sealed the deal. Game two of the World Series is tonight at eight, with LA going into the game with a one to zero series lead. Fcson Round one of the MLS Playoff kicks off Monday night at six forty five for the Orange and Blue against New York City FC. The Bengals face off against the Philadelphia Eagles Sunday afternoon at one pm. The game got flex from four to twenty five to one last week. Pregame coverage begins at nine with Tony mo and Ken Brew kickoff except for one pm catch all the action on the Home of the Best. Bengals coverage seven hundred WLW. Big Time College Football matchup tonight in Boulder between the Cincinnati Bearcats and the Colorado Buffaloes. Both teams are five and two overall and three and one in Big Twelve play. The winner puts themselves in a great spot to potentially play in the Big twelve Conference championship game. Some notable Top twenty five matchups Today, Notre Dame faces off against twenty fourth ranked Navy. Twentieth ranked Illinois travels to Eugene to face number one Oregon. Missouri twenty first rank goes on the road to Tuscaluska Tuscalalusa to play fifteenth ranked Alabama and fifth ranked Texas goes to Nashville to face the twenty fifth ranked Vanderbilts. Some high school football scores from around the area of Princeton topps cole Raine forty one to three. Harrison defeated Northwest forty two to six, Madeira Edge Deer Park twenty to fourteen. Connors shutout Boone County thirty two to nine. Wintonwoods handled business against Lebanon, getting a twenty eight to fourteen win. Baden Edge McNicholas ten to six, Turpin beat Milford and a nail Byer twenty four to twenty one. Miami Valley Christian Acade Academy dominated New Miami sixty three to fourteen, Taylor High School twenty eight, Indian Hill twenty one, and Anderson High School continued to win, beating Loveland to forty nine to twenty three.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 8: Then there's more. Middletown defeated Fairfield twenty eight to one. Hamilton dominated Sycamore fifty to three, Bellbrook beat ross By seven fourteen to seven. Lakota West shutout Mason forty one to nothing. Ryle shut out Simon Kenn thirty seven to nothing. Clinton Massey shut out New Richmond forty two to nothing. Batavia puts sixty two on Goshen in a six twenty five final in Edgewood edged Monroe twenty one to nineteen.
Speaker 1: Are you quite finished? I can be.
Speaker 22: Well.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to Steve from Etta next.
Speaker 10: If you're looking for a healthy, fun family tradition on Thanksgiving Day here thirty five to twenty, that time of year.
Speaker 37: Those fingers in my head, that's lie. Come here this say that strips my conscience.
Speaker 7: Ben.
Speaker 1: It's witch crowd getting close to Halloween and the election, and lots of people are spooked. Let's see if he is among them. He being my friend Steve Simon from Etna, Ohio on the line with a fifthy phone called Steve, good morning. You are on seven hundred WLW, and what a pleasure it is to talk to you.
Speaker 26: Hallelujah, Brother Gary Jeff. Just how badly are female athletes getting screwed pun intended by biological males? The answer comes this week from the United Nations in a report entitled Violence against Women and Girls in sports. The report says that as of March thirtieth of this year, women had been stripped pun again, of almost nine hundred medals by impostors. Note to the Electorate, Tommy Harris says that's okay. Commy quotes disgraced retired General John Kelly as saying that Trump is a hitler lover in Harris's latest plea for civility. Problem with this is that Kelly was fired as chief of Staff by Trump, who credit Donald did not get along with military brass. The reason is pretty dug one obvious. It's the Dick Cheney link. There's a percentage of generals and admirals that never met a war they didn't like. The longer the war, the better. The problem is US history dictates that the longer the war, the better chance we lose. I thought we were tasked to win. Check out Afghanistan and Vietnam. Compare that to the Civil War, Mexican War, and even World War One, where we participated only a year and a half.
Speaker 2: We won all three.
Speaker 26: Who would you trust your son or daughter to Trump or the warmongers. By the way, the warmongers are the same folks who brought CRT that's whitesdeed dot apply to the military. I guess that's so you black folks can get a better opportunity to die for your country, or more specifically, the party in the White House. Think about it when you vote. It's time to put away that Nazi card and have Democrats. It's really getting embarrassing, isn't it.
Speaker 4: People who live in.
Speaker 26: Glass houses shouldn't nominate Tim Walls for vice president. Back in twenty eighteen, Terrible Tim called Iman as'ad Zaman a master teacher. Since then, the Iman has applauded the October seventh abomination and praised Adolf Hitler. Lots of interesting folks praised Hitler, especially in the early days of the Third Reich, including Gandhi in India, hero of the International Left. Today, Kami agrees with Gracie Allen, who said it takes time to make up the truth. Kami also likes ripping the sex organs out of kids to make them healthier. This week, she said, and I quote, who am I to stand in the way of Doctor well Progresses That ship sailed with Beticare in nineteen sixty five find a new tune.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I think that's what that's what Hitler said about Mangola. Whom God, thank you.
Speaker 18: For throwing that in there.
Speaker 26: Ahead, we're putting it all together, surprise, surprize. Kami needs money to saturate the airways with giggles and word salad, so she's dipping into the trop A billionaire Democrat donors for more Mullah in the last two weeks. Funny how there are more billionaire Democrats than Republicans. Super rich hmmm, but Kami says Trump is too wealthy to be president.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 26: Class warfare is biting her the butt and reminding folks of Dwight Eisenhower's talk of a military industrial complex at Wall Street, Silicon Valley, and Daddy Warbucks Cheney now relish Hide your Sons and Daughters. One wonders how, on the one hand we keep asking netting Yahoo to pull a Neville Chamberlain lay down his arms for a piece of paper, while on the other hand, we keep pouring fuel on the fire in Ukraine, guaranteed to keep that weapons moneymaker going in Definitely yay raw army ah love those long wars there to die for.
Speaker 4: On a related note.
Speaker 26: Flashback to November twenty twenty one, Gary Jeff and Steve we ran this one. Senate Banking Committee Chair Shared Brown of Ohio was pushing the nomination of Salie Omoroba for controller of the current See that office's website says it. This is a quote Charters regulates and supervises all national banks and federal savings associations and federal branches and agencies of foreign banks. Wow, that's a lot of power. And Chairman Shared Brown never mentioned the fact that he never took a course in business administration or economics through those three college degrees of his. His undergraduate major, however, was Russian studies.
Speaker 4: Is that why he thought?
Speaker 26: Is Amaroba, who wrote her bachelor's thesis at Moscow State University on Marxist economics, would.
Speaker 18: Make a whiz bang US bank chief.
Speaker 26: When Republican Senator Bill Haggerty asked her if she had ever been a member of a communist youth organization back in Mother Russia, she lied and denied it. Shared Brown then castigated Republicans for attacking a woman of color and an immigrant.
Speaker 13: Wow.
Speaker 26: Amarova is a native of Catholic Stan and hence Asian American. In shared world, she checks three boxes, So everybody else shut up.
Speaker 4: Ps.
Speaker 26: She got her feet wet working in the Treasury Department in the George Bush administration.
Speaker 4: Wow, we don't bet anybody anymore, do we.
Speaker 20: Hey?
Speaker 26: By the way, Liam, before I forget this, just in.
Speaker 4: Good news for Dan Bill.
Speaker 26: They just signed their new coach for twenty twenty five, former state champion walk on coach in Minnesota, tamp Walls. Do we have a betting problem there too?
Speaker 22: I don't know.
Speaker 26: Okay, that's it, Gary Jeff, all right, folks, beat the cheat, get out there and boat bye.
Speaker 1: Bye, Amen, Thank you very much. And our old friend Ray from Loveland on the line this morning. How are you doing, Ray? And anything to add to Steve's wonderful essay this morning, I.
Speaker 4: Dropped the mic.
Speaker 18: Good morning, my brother Gary Jeff, and I'm going to tell you what he's so right. Well, of course, now what we need to know is shared Brown was wearing army fatigues and then in a military helicopter while he was endorsing that lady.
Speaker 4: You understand. That makes it all better. See.
Speaker 18: But anyways, you know, as I rolled down the window and as you're driving, folks, roll down the window and smell that sweet smell of freedom. My friends, when you see when you see our brave military men and women return to this great country at are serving a prisoners of war, they were routine they were routinely dropped to their knees and kissed the ground.
Speaker 4: And this great.
Speaker 18: Experiment and freedom, folks, is on the ballot. By the way, my ballot box is half full, so I'm taking the high road here.
Speaker 34: And you know, I.
Speaker 18: Would really, really really encourage everyone to be woke up. I think that we're becoming awakened. I believe that the fingers being stuck in the eye of the moral majority of America. Not saying I am one, but I'm trying to be one, and we're being We're being awakened. There is a great awakening taking place. And vote, vote, vote, don't fall for the psyops poll numbers, and it boils down to just a couple quick, easy points for me. I want a president that's going to say Merry Christmas. And I want a president that's going to serve fries and not lies. God bless you, my brother.
Speaker 1: Oh Ray from leveling. Yeah. The voting ongoing next week in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. The early in person voting actually on Halloween Thursday, Friday and Saturday next week. If that is your choice. I am voting on election Day and I am voting the same way I have voted in presidential elections the last two. So it won't be for the cackler. It'll be for the man who's already been president and showed he can do the job, Donald Trump, and I'm proud to endorse Donald Trump. God bless Donald Trump. Steve Shulty some environmental stuff on the way after seven o'clock and that will follow news, which is next on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: This morning at nine, Mike Allen takes a stand and then eventually a seat once his legs get tired.
Speaker 1: On seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: In the criminal justice system, Prosecutors bring the years double lateis forecast.
Speaker 17: It's another chili start as tempters are in the forties this morning, but it will be a fall like afternoon. Tempters climb to the low sixties with sunny skies. Very similar conditions for your Sunday. You'll wake up in the thirties before and afternoon high in the low sixties. For met of your weather station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harten on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 27: Clear in forty eight right now in Cincinnati, seven oh five, I'm Sandy Collins. Next Update seven thirty News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: News twenty four hours a day, News Radio, seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 1: Jeff Weilerhonda dot Com into another hour of the Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, October twenty six, twenty twenty four. I am Gary Jeff Walker, and I bet you are glad that you.
Speaker 34: Are not.
Speaker 1: Just I mean no, it's it's it's a good life, and it's a good morning, and it's wonderful. R let's enjoy.
Speaker 3: I see trees so green, reds too, I see them blue.
Speaker 21: F and I get to myself.
Speaker 12: What I want.
Speaker 1: Environmental engineer and my pal Steve Shilty here with the latest on the green beat, so to speak. Uh Steven, good morning, how are you, sir?
Speaker 13: Good morning Gary, Jeff. Better than I deserve? All right, stick more treatments to go, it's amazing, Well.
Speaker 1: Praise the Lord. Six more and then you'll be all done with it, we hope.
Speaker 34: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So that's what the plan is. That's what the plan is.
Speaker 1: And all the numbers are good.
Speaker 12: So far, so far, so good, excellent.
Speaker 1: You became You became an Earth Day guy in nineteen seventy when the first Earth Day came around. You were buying into all of that, and we've got to save the planet. No nukes and all the rest of the stuff that was being pushed in the early nineteen seventies. And as you and I have discussed many many times in the past, we both are big fans of a clean environment. We want it. We want our air and our water to be as clean as possible. We want our food to be right. We want all of those things. But we don't believe that a major wholesale change in how we get our fossil fuels or how we power anything is necessary because or any different or makes any difference.
Speaker 13: All Right, So you say from the Institute number one Climate Change Weekly, number five twenty three.
Speaker 38: That came out this past Friday yesterday, in fact, a lot of good articles, but the one iselin I'm talking about this headline. Contrary to claims and climate models, no warming surge has been detected since the nineteen seventies. New research published in the journal Nature of Communications, Earth and Environment indicates, based on the evidence, that there has been no statistically significant warming surge since the nineteen seventies despite huge increases in carbon dioxide concentrations in the atmosphere, and the researchers used statistical tools. I can go into all that godly goop about that, but basically it looked at average service temperature records from eighteen fifty to nineteen excuse me, twenty twenty three. What they found was there was a fifty three percent increase in the slope of warming from nineteen seventy to twenty twelve of thirty four thousandth of a degree of fahrenheit per year compared to twenty thirteen to twenty twenty three of fifty two thousandths of a the fahrenheit degree per year.
Speaker 13: But the shift was not significant. This is, you know, just because there's a difference carry Jeff, when you put statistics on it, it's got to be significant. And then so the warming trend, what it's showing is it's probably more a temporary or naturally occurring temperature shift. In order to be significant, the increase would have had to be more than seventy thousandth of a year per year of fahrenheit by more than one hundred percent. So what they're saying, is it looks like what's what we're seeing out there is a lot of noise, which means a lot of up and down or naturally occurring cycles driven by large events such as the El Nino and the La Nina, which obscure and confused things. So basically, the research said the long term temperature trend has not changed the nineteen seventies. There's been no dramatic increase, decrease or flatline and the rate of temperature change despite twenty twenty three being a record breaking year. So as a result, increasing carbon dioxide cannot be honestly claimed to be a proven case. This is a keyword, proven as a factor driving a dangerous increase in temperatures. Well again, I always say consensus science is nothing more than mob rule.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, But there hasn't been a statistically significant.
Speaker 4: Warming, correct, that's what the research is saying in fifty three years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, why are all these people running around with their heads on fire saying we've got to go green tomorrow and mandate evs and put up a wind turbines in the ocean and kill birds and whales and uh cover prime farmland with solar panels. Where where is this rush? Where is this mad rush heading?
Speaker 13: Well, when it's when when a government, particularly governments around the world plus other organizations are spending two to three billion dollars a day on sustainability and so called climate change, it changes a lot of people's how they drink kool aid.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go. Good explanation.
Speaker 13: Hey, you know, you know what you know? Somebody who always said you wanted to know what's going on?
Speaker 1: You follow the money absolutely, Thank you, Steve, We're following you. It's seven twelve at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: Meanwhile in the force, look out, Eddie and Rockie, there are three bears behind you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they're big fans of our show. Oh where are you all heading? We're helping them out with a squatter problem. There's some blond chick eating their pors and sleeping in their beds. What can you do to get her out? Two words, buddy, karaoke machine, Why MCA? It's fun to stay at why mc A.
Speaker 5: Eddy and Rockie give your day A fairy tale Ending Monday afternoon at.
Speaker 1: Three seven hundred WLW. A beautiful and cool fall weekend sixty two for a high today sixty two Tomorrow and tomorrow morning, waking up a little chili about thirty nine for your wake up temperature on Sunday morning Monday, it looks like we're drifting back into the seventies. Temporarily it is fifty one now at seven hundred WLW. On the lookout for rare white Bengals. There will be on the prowl Sunday, October twenty seventh when the Filter Lads get physical with fitness trainer biohacker Roco Costellano, who writes every week on his site Rococostelano dot com. And you can check out articles like the one we're going to be discussing this morning about alcohol in your brain.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 1: And uh, Rocco, you and I have spoken many times in the past about how alcohol is really not good for you at all. It's just poison. But what about these studies? Is is there any safe amount of alcohol that we can consume?
Speaker 4: So actually, uh, like, uh, it's a brand new study. Uh that's just come out in the E Clinical magazine. I mean the E Clinical Medicine is part of the of the landset. You know, it's one of the top medical journals in the world. And uh, they went to the uk Biobank and and they studied all all the different actual actual studies out there that that had to do with alcohol, and they and they literally found that there was no safe amount where alcohol didn't contribute to a dementia. Now there's other, you know, illnesses too, you know, alcohol are related.
Speaker 12: Illnesses, but uh, when it comes to.
Speaker 4: A dementia, alcohol even even the casual one one to two drinks at dinner of a wine and it kind of blew the door off the you know, for years and you want a coller one time that called in.
Speaker 18: And and berated me about you know, about.
Speaker 4: Alcohol and that wine.
Speaker 12: You know, like one glass of wine is.
Speaker 4: Is good for you and all that. But these are researchers, said, I just like vaccines, that there's a that there's really no uh, no good amount of alcohol out there because the costs eventually outweigh the benefits.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what about the anecdotal evidence of people that live into their hundreds who have a drink or two every day and there's sharp as tax. What about that.
Speaker 4: Roco Well, you know, like that's an exception more than the rule. And there's and you know, like there's always gonna be an exception.
Speaker 1: There are I get what you're saying. There are outliers to everything.
Speaker 12: And there's going to do that, and that's why we're out there.
Speaker 1: Go ahead. There's people out there.
Speaker 4: What well, there's people out there that smoke, you know, a pack of thinking every.
Speaker 1: You know, a day, and they don't have lung cancer.
Speaker 4: As women, and they don't have lung cancer, you know. But then there's other people that smoke, you know, and they stop smoking and they want to you know, with a lung cancer.
Speaker 36: So you know, you know, like there's always gonna be So my point, my point in all of this rocket is this one size fits all determination.
Speaker 1: Is bunk generally generally, But everybody's different. We're all different to creations of God and we react differently to different stimuli. I guess that's my point.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well and that and you know, but why and my thing is why tempt faith? And I don't and I want, I don't care what anybody does. This is just what's out.
Speaker 12: There right and what and what researchers have done.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm just here to a report.
Speaker 1: You're a reporter. You're a reporter. You're not an abolitionist. Rococostelano dot com. Check his articles out and there's the one on the brain and alcohol out there right now, Roco, we're up against the wall. But uh, any any last words?
Speaker 4: Nope, just uh, you know, I just do what you want to do and let and let's feed.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's let's see, let's see if you let's see if you can find your way home afterwards. Exactly there you go. Time now for the with our friend Tom Davis reporting wild, wacky stories from around the country and around the world. And now you're a reporter. Good morning, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 39: This week it's the biggest bacon caper ever conceived. But first Mboni driver from Quebec arrested for driving under the influence after he crashed into the crowd. Police conducted a sobriety test and sure enough he was tanked. But can you blame him? I mean, once you get north of Milwaukee, there's really nothing to.
Speaker 1: Do but drink.
Speaker 39: Meanwhile, a Flida man named Marcos Gonzales Bernal was arrested for stealing a trailer full of bacon valued at one hundred thousand dollars. It happened in Daytona Beach. Unfortunately for Gonzales Bernal. The whole thing was captured on camera and police pulled up to the truck full of pork and had him in handcuffs within minutes. Speaking of stealing, police in California looking for a robbery suspect. They found him in a porta potty at a public storage facility. The suspect, who was covered in the nastiest of nasty, wasn't going down without a fight. Eventually, police were able to flush him out using brute force and finally, according to The New York Post, a thirty one year old woman is using her breast milk to feed her family. Vanity Butts started handing off her lactation to family members after her husband used it in a post workout protein shake.
Speaker 1: He now takes it three times a week.
Speaker 39: She also uses it to give her children milk baths, and sometimes serves it up with their morning toast. She says that she hopes that one day more people will see it as natural and not so weird. Next week and you can't make this up. Japanese man molested by a dolphin.
Speaker 28: Have a great weekend, Steve Air with USA Insulation, It's getting time to get your home ready for the fall and winter heating season. Our premium foaming year walls is the answer. We do bricks, siding, shango stucco. We can do all this from the exterior one day, you don't even know we were there. We would like you to get your home ready for winter early. There's an eight hundred dollars early bird discount I'm giving you to folm your old house. There's a twelve hundred dollars energy crowdit available that's up to two thousand discounts.
Speaker 1: Plus. We have many interest free payment options.
Speaker 7: Called USA Insulation in five one three three eight one three six two six, or visit USA Insulation dot net men if you're suffering from a rectile dysfunction or pe proactive men.
Speaker 31: On seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 7: All right, Tony Pike stands by. Good morning, Tony, Hell's life, Good morning body, How are you doing?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 22: Thank you?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 7: We Kate brings in the Philadelphia Eagles. Oddsmakers seem to like the Bengals in this one, playing at home looking for their first win for the Eagles. Jalen Hurts isn't the man he quite was the last couple of years. What's happened with him?
Speaker 34: Yeah, it's been really odd. They've had a lot of change at the top of their organization with play callers and how they're going about running this system that they're in. So I think for him it's just consistency because unlike the previous two opponents, he has the talent, and he also has the weapons A. J. Brown, Davonte Smith, say Kwon Barkley. There are certainly weapons on this Philadelphia Eagles offense. I just think it's a consistency from a play calling standpoint that hasn't allowed him to get comfortable in the system that he did see so much success in. Also, it's just it's not what he wants to do. He wants to be a quarterback that has third in short situations, and if teams are able to put him in third and long and make him a true passer, he's not able to do that as comfortable as some of the other quarterbacks in the NFL. So the job of a defense against the Philadelphia Eagles is to make him a passer. The New York Giants didn't do that last week. They made him throw fourteen times. So if he's able to throw under twenty times in a game. Dalen Hurts is going to be a significant problem for you. If he's got to throw twenty five thirty times. Your defense is doing good stuff.
Speaker 1: Does he have a solid line in front of them?
Speaker 34: They're good, not great, They're not what they've been Obviously, Losing Jason Kelsey is a big loss, but it's still a good front. Obviously, they've been able to do some good stuff with Sakwon Barkley. They're second in the NFL in rushing yards per game. So they want to who much like the Baltimore Ravens. They want to live on the ground and throw if they have to. But it's a tall test for the Bengals defense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Barkley.
Speaker 7: Last week, I think we got one hundred and seventy six yards against the Giants and even took a powder early, sat on the bench and I let the rookies play. He was close to setting a personal best and rested after one seventy six.
Speaker 1: So he can run.
Speaker 34: He is as He's like Derrick Henry in a sense that if he gets momentum going, he's a nightmare to bring down. And that's the concern. You have to hit him early. Bengals did a good job on Derrick Henry until the overtime period. But if you let Saquon Barkley get going and get a full head of steam, he's tough to beat. He's also a little bit better than Derrick Henry from a receiving back standpoint. That poses some problems for a defense as well.
Speaker 1: Eagles have some pass rushers. What do we know about the status of Brown?
Speaker 34: Do you know he practiced this week which was incredible after Geno Stone, But it's going to be game time decision if he's able to go, obviously huge of tick. If not, it's going to be Cody Ford, which is a significant dip, especially at left tackle when you're talking about protecting the blind side of Joe Burrow.
Speaker 1: No doubt.
Speaker 7: All right, got to leave it there, But Tony Pike, thanks for your time, Enjoy your weekend. We'll talk again next week.
Speaker 34: Thanks buddy.
Speaker 5: Visit Ralph's American Grill and indulge in a tender May Flays.
Speaker 17: This morning, but it will be a fall like afternoon Tempter's climb to the low sixties with sunny skies, very similar conditions for your Sunday. You'll wake up in the thirties before and afternoon high in the low sixties firmas of your weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harten on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 27: Right now we're at forty nine degrees on this Saturday morning at eight oh six. I'm Sandy Collins. Next Update TOD eight thirty on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: News twenty four hours a day, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Insulate your home with USA Insulation Call three eight one three six tw three eight one foam on the web at USA insulation dot Net into.
Speaker 1: Yet another hour of the Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, October twenty sixth, twenty twenty four. I'm Gary Jeff Walker and you were you and that is perfectly fine with me. Shout out to christ to two point oh, my lovely bride and Brooksy the cat dog. And by the way, I mentioned this earlier on a night camp this week and the few minutes I was in for Scott's Loan on Thursday when I finally got here. October as we wind it down Breast cancer Awareness month, and my wife got the results from her updated mammogram on Thursday, Clean Bill of Health almost two years cancer free. Thank God, Praise God, and Honey, keep up the good work. That's all I can say. It's time for a check in with our friend science Mike. A science minute or two free on a Saturday morning.
Speaker 33: Yes, but as a night scientist, is it surprising it blinded me.
Speaker 1: At eight o eight? Good morning, Michael, how are you?
Speaker 4: Oh there, I'm just wonderful. How are you?
Speaker 21: That's that's that's some riveting news. You got that telling it Beyonce is backing Kamala. I would never guess that was going on.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't. I don't listen to the news generally.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: So I'm sorry. At the top of the body, well, I mean, thank you for keeping me update on what's going on on the air on the show that I'm on. I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: This came out of the uh oh bye. By the way, by the way, before you get started in this as something else that apparently I heard or someone else heard on the news and they needed to let me know about.
Speaker 34: Is that.
Speaker 1: President Trump has always said that abortion is in the state's hands, not in the federal government. But they keep on claiming that he's for this federal abortion of him.
Speaker 4: Just yes, sir, Okay, we'll move on to a yes.
Speaker 21: Los Angeles Times Karrent County, which is Bakersfield, California. They just unamously voted to store CO two underground forty eight million metric tons of carbon dioxide they want to inject into the ground.
Speaker 4: They're going to go ahead and move forward with it.
Speaker 21: Obviously they're getting federal tax credits, our money to do this project. And I'm thinking, like forty eight million metric tons. You know, well, how much does a tree absorb in CO two in a year? So if you kind of early from math, but you know a tree, two trees will do about a ton a metric ton of CO two a year absorb it, right, So you need one hundred million trees to absorb the forty eight million metric times that they're going to store on the ground. We have three trillion trees on the planet Earth. Now, one hundred million trees out of three trillion trees. That's like if you had thirty thousand trees and took one away. That's the effect they're having for storing this amount of CO two in the ground. Now, how much CO two are they actually taking out of the atmosphere in the ground. There's nine hundred and fifty gigatons of CO two in the atmosphere. Yeah, forty eight million metric tons. Not divided by nine hundred and fifty.
Speaker 22: Times ten and a nine tons of CO two. They're pulling out forty eight tons out of nine hundred and fifty million tons. They're like barely, it's it's not.
Speaker 1: In other words, it's kind of like Steve Shulte's conversation earlier about there being no statistical surge in climate over the last fifty three years or in temperature fahrenheit, and well again again, and what we decided at the end of Steve's conversation. I think we're we're going to pretty much decide this together now, Mike, is that number one, it doesn't make a bit of a difference in the it's all virtue signaling. And number two, the trees need to breathe. And these idiots are putting this valuable CO two in the ground. I mean, none of none of it makes any sense.
Speaker 21: They're putting a poisonous gas in the ground, and they have earthquakes out there, and when this ruptures and the gas is released when you have a poison gas and there's people around.
Speaker 1: CO two isn't a poison gas.
Speaker 4: It's a concentration.
Speaker 1: Yeah, too much, you bet you it's right.
Speaker 4: Well, you got forty eight million times. It'll come out of the ground if there's if it's escape. They just had it.
Speaker 21: They just had an Illinois and just had an issue that people got that got injured.
Speaker 4: Because because of what they're doing.
Speaker 1: I mean, don't screw with mother nature, man, just anytime, anywhere. Just don't screw with mother nature and you'll be fine. Thank you, Michael.
Speaker 21: You know what you know what you haven't heard on the lately from the UH the climate the climate camp as. You haven't heard no talk about climate in the last two months and any of the stumping.
Speaker 1: No, there's no talk about climate because they know it's not an issue that moves the needle. Thank you, Michael. I appreciate it. You two eight twelve at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 31: It'll be a fight of bangs and feathers.
Speaker 9: Joe Burrow where there's third touchdown pass the jungle will be a rocket and it's Joe Burrow at its Bengal's take on Jalen Hurt Sunday eat touchdown.
Speaker 31: Thank gol Burrow and his boys continue their winning ways. So the Orange and Black Defense ground Phillies burd Heck cop Thangl get the goal live from Dan Hoard and Dave leftat.
Speaker 1: Is Copper Nail.
Speaker 34: I Am Bam Bam.
Speaker 31: Beverage juts tomorrow morning at nine on seven hundred WLW the of the best Bengals cover it.
Speaker 40: Cold weather is right around the corner and Vonda harr Fireplace wants to remind you that this is the perfect time for chimney cleaning and maintenance. With over thirty five years experience, Vonda harffire, Let's.
Speaker 1: Go there's no mad Let's go so amaz.
Speaker 2: CABn kind sharing this time.
Speaker 1: Let's go to I do like that song Reunion of Souls and let's go to Low and a little positive truth on a Saturday morning from our friend Rick Green and the Word of God. Good morning Ricky, Good morning Gary.
Speaker 41: And we saw today asking everyone and our prayer for a friend of mine, Tony Lay. He's going to some serious health issues and he's having on my heart this morning.
Speaker 1: Tony Lay.
Speaker 41: Yes, Tony Lay, I just left Tony up to heaven.
Speaker 1: You got petition in prayer for Tony, lay for those of you that will join us in that, and an amen and an amen amen.
Speaker 41: And today we're coming from Second Thessalonia, Chapter three, verse sixteen. It says, now, may the Lord of Peace himself give you peace at all times. And if every way the Lord be with all of you.
Speaker 1: Amen. I need to hear that daily, Gary, Oh, absolutely, absolutely, the peace that passes all understanding can be found in your faith in Jesus Christ and in you're delving into God's Holy Word. Absolutely. Amen.
Speaker 12: And I know this can put some people the wrong way.
Speaker 41: I don't believe you don't find me anywhere else.
Speaker 4: That's what Breen's personal belief.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's that's your life. That's your life experience. You know for a fact, because you've tried the other venues, the other outlets.
Speaker 41: Arry, he saved me and changed me at the same time.
Speaker 1: It's remarkable. He's he's he saved me, but he's still changing me. So I'll be honest with you, Uh, tell me how is the movie going. Rick has been working with his producer Savan and many other very very excellent people that God is blessed him with on a movie about his life, based on the book about his life. So the last time we saw each other last weekend, you told me that you were getting to a crucial point in getting that film real to be released. Well, you know this has to be a God thing.
Speaker 41: I to put up a pols and an social media today. May one year we shot the first frame of film tru Spirit Work Movie, and you brought it up today. How about that one year one year today and we're probably I'm gonna say a three month window. Gary, I'll complete, sir, And I'm just thankful to God.
Speaker 1: It's been an exciting year.
Speaker 4: I've learned so much.
Speaker 41: About films, you know, because I've never done this before. But it's exciting. It's actually I don't want to rushing.
Speaker 1: I want the best product we can put out. Oh absolutely, And it's in God's time after all.
Speaker 41: Right, You got it, Gary, Okay, thank you for bringing that up on a year anniversary.
Speaker 4: You got it.
Speaker 1: And if you would like to hear any of the wonderful testimonies that Reckon and I have been bringing to people on Rick Green's YouTube channel, and that's Rick Green g R E E N E a YouTube channel and it's the butt God podcast. You can check that out there. Brother, have a blessed weekend. Hey, you all have a black day, all right, fantastic sir. He'll be out feeding the homeless again at noon today downtown. It's eight nineteen thereabouts. This is seven hundred WLW and this Saturday morning edition.
Speaker 5: This morning at nine, Mike Allen goes full four and wields his mighty devil of justice on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Weather.
Speaker 5: Got you worried, he's a ripping has a covered call five one three poor Feaesel and mentioned my name Leo, and get one thousand dollars up your next rop.
Speaker 1: That's five one three four Feesel. Some restrictions apply.
Speaker 4: This is the story of the one.
Speaker 19: And in the forecast, looks like we'll see some gradual clearing as we head to our Saturday morning. It's a seven am temperature of forty six now for Saturday, mostly sunnay, a high at sixty four at night, mostly clear, dropping to thirty seven on Sunday, more sunshine in the highest sixty one. From your severe Weather station, I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Seven one hundred WLW Sport Liam Tomlinton.
Speaker 8: Game one World Series in the books, you had the highly anticipated Fall Classic between the Los Angeles Dodgers and New York Yankees. Absolutely delivered last night with Game one, nine innings wasn't enough, so they had to play extra innings and Freddie Freeman, with the bases loaded down three to two, hit'll walk off Grand Slam to seal the ball game. The Dodgers take Game one, six to three. Game two of the World Series is tonight at eight. Carlos Rodin takes the mound for the Yankees and Yoshinibu Yamamoto takes the mound for the Dodgers. Big time college football matchup tonight in Boulder between Cincinnati and Colorado. Both teams are five and two overall and three and one in Big Twelve play. The winner of this game put themselves and potentially a great spot to play in the Big Twelve Conference championship game this year. There's some notable Top twenty five matchups. Today, twelfth ranc Notre Dame takes on twenty fourth ranked Navy in New York at noon. Twenty th ranked Illinois travels to Eugene to play Oregon at three thirty twenty first shrank to Missouri, goes to Tuscalusca Tuscalusa to play fifteenth ranked Alabama at three thirty and fifth rank Texas travels to Nashville to face twenty fifth ranked Commodores. In high school football scores from around the area, Hughes fell to ake And thirty to sixteen. Taff dominated Woodward fifty seven to nothing, with Row Top to Western Hills thirty nine to twelve. Kings handled Walnut Hills forty two to six. Clark Montassori beat Lockland twenty to seven, Lakota East topped Oak Hills twenty four to six, North College Hill eight, Purcell Marion thirty, Ludlow beat Holy Cross thirty three to six. Moler topped Muskegan fifty two to twenty seven. Reading handled Marymont thirty seven to six. Covington Catholic shut out Mason County High School forty nine to nothing. Norwood fell to Roger Bacon sixty nine to six. In Great Crossing dominated Campbell County sixty to twenty five.
Speaker 42: Sarah Spain for iHeart Women's Sports presented by El's Beauty unrivaled the Three on three Basketball League tipping off in January and co founded by the WNBA's Brianna Stewart and NAFISA. Collier has dropped the names of its six teams, the Phantom Missed, Lunar Owls, Laces, Rose, and Vinyl BC's Basketball Clubs, a nod to euro football clubs. Twenty six of the thirty participating players have been announced so far. For more women's sports stories, subscribe Your Good Game with Sarah Spain on iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 1: Eighty four percent of sports fans are into women's back down into the forties.
Speaker 17: But it's a fall like weekend today, topping out in the low sixties with sunny skies. You wake up tomorrow in the thirties and you only climb to the low sixties yet again, but it will be sunny. From a severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harton on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 27: All right now on Cincinnati forty six degrees on Sandy Collins. Next update at nine on news Radio seven hundred WLWA.
Speaker 9: News twenty four hours a day, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, Kid, Time for gifts from Waldy. Trouble at the Door Woman is at home about four o'clock in the afternoon, and there's a knock at the door. She opens. It's two police officers. The first says missus Smith, she's yes, your husband works at the brewery downtown. Yes, we're afraid we have some very bad news for you. It seems that your husband fell into one of the vats severe and drowned and aemonium. She loses it completely, as you can well imagine. She falls to her knees, clutching her chest, sobbing violently. When she finally recovers enough so she can speak again, she says, you have to tell me, officers, did he suffer? When the other cop says, we don't think so, man, he got out five times to pee before it happened.
Speaker 29: Seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati, available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app now number one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 6: In today's Marketers Report, Eric and Taylor, chief marketing officer of Genintech, weighs in on audio's ability to reach any audience.
Speaker 43: Everyone is listening somewhere somehow, so it's a great way to take something very precise in what we're trying to do to reach patients with something that I think we can all agree is somewhat broad in reaching many, many different audiences.
Speaker 6: As the number one audio company, iHeartMedia gives marketers access to the audiences, influencers, insights and days that you need to grow. If you're a marketer, go to iHeart results dot com.
Speaker 7: You scaled the share cliff Face battling frostbite, running low on oxygen.
Speaker 1: I've never heard this in my life.
Speaker 13: I'm just seeing the misty traffic.
Speaker 1: I just you know, I have liam play this stuff simply so, MO will wonder? I never thought i'd hear Schoolboy Q on Gary Jeff's show. He is in uh, he is in Colorado right now getting ready for the UC Colorado football game tonight that you will hear here on seven hundred W LW Hey.
Speaker 4: Mo, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Don't drink it? If the mountains are blue?
Speaker 31: Baby?
Speaker 22: So?
Speaker 1: So, how is how's the weather out there?
Speaker 4: About the same as it is back home? Nice?
Speaker 22: Clear, It's been warm ish. I think it's going to be pretty chilly for kickoffs tonight, but all in all not bad.
Speaker 1: So the Bearcats taking on the prime times the Buffs in Colorado. Have there been recently. I mean before Dion Sanders came to the University of Colorado, had there been a lot of this kind of family affairs in major college football that we have seen since Dion came there to coach with his sons on the squad, you know, I.
Speaker 22: Mean, Land and Thickle played at at UC when Luke Fickle was the coach, So there are there's a long line of of players so have chosen to play for their dad at a particular university, But there's nothing like this where Shador Sanders has a chance to be the number one overall pick in the NFL draft. He is a terrific quarterback and obviously the son of a Hall of Famer. So yeah, lots of sons have played for their dads, but there haven't been many dynamics specifically like this.
Speaker 1: How does this match up shape up for the Bearcats? Though? On the road going up against this obviously star quarterback.
Speaker 22: It's gonna be tough because I think that the teams the Bearcats have beaten over the last couple of weeks haven't been equipped to beat Cincinnati downfield. You know, We've gone into the game really each of the last three talking about how the Bearcats could slow down and opposing teams running back, and you know, Texas Tech had some success throwing the football, but the reason the Red Raiders won that game was todje Brooks. They're running back carried it thirty times. Colorado is going to be a little bit different because I don't know that they're necessarily passed first, but they're certainly more lethal throwing the football than any of the teams really to play it all season long.
Speaker 4: So are they up to the challenge?
Speaker 22: I think from a from an offensive perspective, you know, you see has put together a really good looking offensive unit with with a lot of different types of weapons. I think they've become pretty difficult to prepare for, and I think they can move the ball against Colorado. I think from an offensive perspective, you know, the the big concern, based on recent leaks is the kicking game, specifically at the end of halves. You know, they've had some some situations in four games this year where they have missed a kick right before halftime and on two different occasions that came back to haunt them this game. If the Bearcats are going to win, it is likely to be close. You can't live you can't leave points on the field. But I'm interested in seeing if if shud Or Sanders is up to the task of testing the Cincinnati secondary that I don't think has faced anybody like him or like this Colorado offense this season.
Speaker 1: What are you surprised about at this point in the season for you, samoh, when they were to finish, you know, way back of the pack and the Big twelve, they're five and two, they're what three and one in the four and one in the conference? Which one is it.
Speaker 4: Three and one, three four and one today?
Speaker 22: Yeah, I think that the two surprises for me. I think number one would be, you know, they lost that second game of the season at Pittsburgh in absolute heartbreaking fashion, and you know, walking out of Nippert Stadium that day, I think there was a real sense that, Okay, this could snowball, this could get out of control, and you know, we're going to see if the coaching staff can keep the team from unraveling, which they couldn't last year and this year they had. They moved on very quickly from that game, played really well the following week against Miami, and so I think that would be number one, And I think number two would be. How could Brendan Sorosby has been at quarterbacks? You know, we we obviously thought he was an upgrade throwing the football from Emery Jones. But I've talked about this on the pregame show on a couple of different occasions, and I've talked about this on my show. When you talk to people around the UC program, even before the season started, what they would say about Brendan was, this is a kid who treats this like a job. This is a kid who brings a level of professionalism to the position that, you know, I think is badly, badly needed, especially when you have as many new players as you see has And then you take that and you add it to just the raw quarterback play. What he has done with his arm, what he has done with his decision making. We thought he was going to be an upgrade. I didn't think we thought he was going to be quite as good as he has been.
Speaker 1: What about Sadderfield's report card here in his second year, I mean, he finally has you know, a kind of a grounding, as you say, to all the new players that are a part of these Bearcats. How would you rate the coach's performance thus far?
Speaker 22: I think you'd have to give him a passing grade. You know, Look, there were things worth second guessing in the game against Pittsburgh. I certainly did my fair I think he would be the first to admit it. But you know, my big thing about last season was when it ended, you said, Okay, you're one of the Big twelve. They didn't look like a big twelve team. So the first box you have to check next season is you've got to look the part of a big twelve team.
Speaker 4: I think they've done that.
Speaker 22: I think he has put together a roster that offensively is I said before, pretty tough to prepare for it. They have two really good running backs, a terrific offensive line, multiple pass receivers. I think they have used the transfer portal and the new way of doing things in college football to their advantage. Neither of the two losses turned into losing streaks. I think he has done a good job this season. You know, I think I said this to you last year. I think it's never been more difficult to be a head coach in a new place because the players can just leave on you, and then you add to that moving up a level in competition. But I also think It's never been easier to get the thing turned around in year two and year three, and Scott Sadderfield has done that. Are they a legit Big twelve championship contender? You know, tonight's going to have something to say about that. But I think a lot of folks before the season started would have said best case for UC this year would be six wins. They win the game tonight, and they are underdogs and it's going to be a difficult undertaking. If they win the game tonight, that's six victories before we even get to November. That's progress.
Speaker 1: I think the gold poster back up on the campus of Vanderbilt University just in time for the University of Texas, fifth ranked in the nation, to come into Nashville to face my Vandy Commodores, who have also had pretty much a miraculous run this year. Obviously, Alabama is not the Alabama of years past this season, but still in all in that sec where even Vandy has a chance to beat a top ten team, what do you think they're chances are against the Longhorns today?
Speaker 22: Anything happen, man, I mean, based on what happened against Alabama, you have to give him a bunch of chance. Texas was sort of pushed around last week by Georgia. Georgia is maybe a different animal. But you know, you asked me last week who the number one team in college football was, and then I said Texas, and then Texas went out and lost at home by multiple scores.
Speaker 4: Nobody is dominant this year.
Speaker 22: You know, all I heard before the season started was, well, you know, nil has widened the gap between the has and have not look at the teams who are doing really well this year. Navy is undefeated. Indiana host college game Day today undefeated after a forty nine point victory over Nebraska. Vanderbilt the season that they have had. I think as much as everybody talks loves to talk about how college football is being ruined, I think we have a level of parody that is great for the sport. And when you see schools like Vanderbilt winning and Indiana winning, nothing against you, but you just don't tend to think of Indiana as a football powerhouse. When you see those schools doing well, I think it's really really fun for the sport. And I think that the commodoers have more than a punchers chance today.
Speaker 1: Well, Mollweger. I was one of those dummies that thought that the nil was just anyway, let's go to the fall Classic Game one under the belts, and it lived up to all the hype. Walk off in the tenth inning Freddie Freeman. And that's the thing I got to ask you. With these two teams, they were the second and fifth highest payrolls this past season, with over a half billion dollars in salaries paid out among the two teams. You expect it better, by god, be a good World Series with that much money, you know, in each of the clubhouses and on the field. But do you think that for both the those teams, having these these just unbelievable players like Otani and Aaron Judge on the Yankee side, that there is room for the Freddie Freemans of the world to sneak in under the wire and be the difference makers. You know, It's just it is amazing. There's so much talent on both these clubs. Do you expect it to be that tight the rest of the way?
Speaker 17: I do.
Speaker 22: I have felt like the difference was going to be the Yankees just having more starting pitching depth, but they lose a game where Garrett Cole pitches, and Derek Jeter said on the pregame show last night that if the Yankees were going to win the World Series, they had to win the games where Garrett Cole pitches. Freddie Freeman is a former MVP. Yeah, as monstrous as a star as show Hey Otani is, and he's awesome, and as monstrous as a star as Aaron Judges, and he had the best season of any player in the sport this year. This is the first World Series with five former MVPs playing it, and it's why I was excited for it, you know, as much as I heard people talk about, well, I'm not going to watch because it's New York in LA and it's the you know, the two teams that bought a championship. First of all, did you watch last year when it was the Rangers and Diamondbacks because nobody else did so I tend to roll my eyes when I hear that. Second, there is an amount of star power in this series that goes beyond just those two guys and Freddie Freeman. You know, they they walked them. They walked Mookie Betts with first base open to pitch for Freddy Freeman, and he made him pay and you talk about somebody if you want to, if you want to dive into Freddie Freeman story, who just comes off as one of the most likable guys in the sport. It's Freddy Freeman. And I think if you know anything about him, you'll feel happy for the moment that he had late last night.
Speaker 1: All right, paralysis by analys perhaps, And we are the home of the best Bengals coverage, But we got to talk about the game tomorrow at a Corp move to a one o'clock kickoff the Bengals and the Eagles, and it's shaping up to be the Bengals versus Sequan Barkley and how do they stop him when they've had troubles stopping the run pretty much all season. They've had some successes against Nick Chubb and the like, but Sequon Barkley is another challenge for this Bengals defense certainly is, and so is.
Speaker 4: The Philly offense.
Speaker 22: They've got good weapons, yeah, Jalen on the outside. I think the key for me is if you look at the two quarterbacks, Joe Burrow is the best in the NFL not named Josh Allen at not turning the football over the highest or the best, I should say interception percentage of any quarterback with over one hundred and ninety pass attempts. Jalen Hurts is number one in turnover worthy plays, fumbles, picks, balls that should have been picks, things of that nature. That has to play itself out tomorrow. I think this game is going to be close. I think Saquon Barkley is going to be an absolute load.
Speaker 4: And I think the other thing for me is, you know.
Speaker 22: We've talked a lot about the Bengals offensive issues, and people focus on play calling, and to a large degree understandably so. Joe Burrow got sacked three times last week. He's been sacked seven times over the last two games. I think there have been times he's held on to the football a little bit too long. Bengals offense has just looked really clunky over the last couple of weeks. The good news is he hasn't turned it over, but they can't be explosive if he's under pressure. I think the offensive line is going to have to be better, and I think Joe Burrow is going to have to be better at baby that being maybe just a little bit more decisive with the football and.
Speaker 1: I hope the referees are are aren't non citizens? H mo egor, thank you so much. Enjoy the Buffs Bearcats game tonight and we'll be listening.
Speaker 4: All right, all right man? Thanks, yep, you got it.
Speaker 1: Mike Allen, How you doing, counsel, I'm good? How about you? I hope the referees aren't non citizens. I really do. But I'm dead thing in Virginia. Can you believe that?
Speaker 44: Where have we come to in this country where a federal judge says it's okay for people breaking the law, i e. Non citizens to vote. I guarantee you that's gonna get over turned on a pie.
Speaker 1: You just wonder. Yeah, So what's on the show this morning?
Speaker 44: We're gonna be talking about what came down last night, Israel's Israel's raid on Iran. Yeah, they hit him pretty hard. Also going to talk about Dems hitting the panic button. Their new talking points are Trump's the Nazi and Trump's a fascists.
Speaker 1: They said that about Ronald Reagan, they said that about I got a list, Mitt Romney, Yeah, you got the lost Come on now, you know I'm gonna I'm gonna read the list off.
Speaker 44: Great newscary Jeff about Republican early voting. We're in line with what the Democrats are cranking out in some places even better, and that is huge. I hate doing it. I did it this week, I put it in the mail, but it's something that we gotta do and it seems to be working. Gonna talk to Janis Heisel, Epic Times Trump reporter. She actually questioned Donald Trump in North Carolina last week. Going to ask her about that. And we're going to talk to Melissa Powers HAMILONK County prosecutor about her race.
Speaker 1: Oh, she needs to get a lesson Ye County. Absolutely. Mike Allen, Saturday Midday Just Ahead, Thanks to Liam Tomlinson and mostly thanks to you for putting up with me again on a Saturday morning after the show show if you're wanting a little bit more punishment at Huddle's Cafe Today, College football and all the rest seven hundred WLW
Speaker 2: Moments like making my ca