Speaker 1: You're listening to everything out there with your host Steve Stockton.
Speaker 2: Hello friends, Steve Stockton here with you, welcome to everything out there and joining me on the phone tonight. Downtown Terry Brown, the Cincinnati Kid, got a great YouTube channel, Tales of the Sonic Voyage. Go check that out. You can find that at Downtown Terry Brown on YouTube. He's gonna regale us with some stories of hauntings and weird things that go on in Ohio. Tonight, Terry, how you doing tonight.
Speaker 1: I'm good, Steve. Good to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Great to have you here and loving that YouTube channel you've got. You've got everything of their old radio spoken word, blues, psychedelia, classic rock, acid rock, a little bit of everything, something for every taste over there.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir. I appreciate that I'm trying to keep some of the music alive. Stuff that I liked when I was a kid. Things you don't hear in the radio. You know, when we were kids, you and I are about the same age. If you didn't hear it on the radio, you didn't even know it existed. Since getting onto YouTube the last five ten years, I guess I've discovered a lot of older psych bands and stuff that's out there. It's just really really good that you just never heard about. And I'm trying to bring some of that out. And I've got some of those old albums too, and you know, it's just it's nice to bring keeping me alive. I guess, you know, if I can reach a couple of people out there, or even one person that here's something that they've never heard before that they just really like and fall in love with, my endeavors have been successful. Just trying to keep it going, and I love that stuff. I listened to music constant. Music's been the whole, a huge part of my life since day one and always will be. Just love that stuff. So it's it's been going pretty well. I've been running thirty one days of Sonic Horror on Halloween, so I've been trying to upload like three different titles of day. One really good or creepy, one at midnight all Halloween themed or spooky themed, another one during the day about three usually kids had spoken words something like that, and then another good one in the primetime nine ten o'clock at night. More accessible stuff. Stuff you've probably heard, but you know you haven't listened to lately, Black Sabbaths things like that. It's been going real well. You've you've helped me out a lot over there too. You send a lot of people away, and I do appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Her. Oh it's my pleasure. Like I said, I really dig what you're doing over there. And some of those horror themed stuff you dug up that was like pre goth type music. It was goth before goth was even a thing. And I'm loving it. And I've found a lot of albums over there that I'd never heard of before, and some old favorites too, especially some of the halloween stuff You've got, like some of those spoken word kids records that I used to have on vinyl, and then some of the sound effects. They're like really chilling sounds of the haunted house and the horror effects and some of that stuff. I love those albums.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too. I've I've really enjoyed posting them up and listening to them again because I had a lot of those kids too, and it's been years and years since I've listened to them. Been good comments, good feedback on it, So it's it's been fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm growing community over there. When people I'm interested to see what you do.
Speaker 1: It's doing real well, see I enjoy doing it.
Speaker 2: What your plans after how I'm kind of.
Speaker 1: I honestly, I I love this time a year. Oh, I've got a lot of stuff in the can and getting ready to get ready to go. That's what I was gonna say. I'm kind of looking forward to getting getting October over with in that regard to get back to, you know, doing the stuff that I that I really really like the old psych albums. I've got some some more stuff, some uh, some rare things. I'm telling me, you've got some live stuff. I'm really interested in hearing. I'd love to post some of that too, Some rare concerts live Pink Floyd coming up, the Moby Grape, you know, things like that. Skip Spence, I don't know if you're familiar with him, He's gonna be one of the one of the ones I'm gonna get first off the bat. He's that's an interesting story going into this last week of Halloween. I've got some really creepy stuff coming out, especially midnight the last four or five days. I've got a certain band of highlighting that just is beyond creepy to me. It's gonna be fun. It's gonna be a fun listen. It's gonna be a little rough in some spots. I will say that it's not.
Speaker 2: The kind of stuff kind of surprise, let's hear it that way. Charles Manson album and Anton Levey or just yeah that that's really really creepy stuff. You got cover it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, Halloween. I'm looking to do a probably twenty four hour marathon. Some some albums, some newer albums, some cartoons, holiday you know, Halloween TV specials from the past, movies, things like that. But I'm gonna keep it going pretty much all day ado. I did that on Friday, thirteenth month.
Speaker 2: Movies and TV shows and stuff over there too. I really appreciate those as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that kind of they can bring back memories. I'll say that watching those again, it's fun. It's really fun. I love Halloween, and obviously you do too. I know that it's your birthday. Happy birthday in advance there, sir for you and molder, Oh thank you. Halloween's the best time of year for me. I just love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was that way. Yeah, Halloween was like a military exercise for me and my friends. You know, we planned. We strategized to get as much candy as we possibly could and create as much mischief and havoc as we possibly could. Need to do a show some time about Halloween. Franks, if the statute limitations has expired on some of those.
Speaker 1: I'm with you there. I totally understood you talking about the toilet bring up toilet paper and soap and other things, eggs and they used to yeah, using Halloween. Yeah, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, it sounds like.
Speaker 1: For me, it's spooky time all year round. For me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, celebrate Halloween year round. And thankfully my wife Nicole, she's the same way. We love everything dark and creepy and spooky, and it's just it's how every day is Halloween, or it can be. Getting back to that, the dark stuff and the spooky stuff. How did you get interested in everything grim and gory, the paranormal, the darker side, if you will. What led you into all that?
Speaker 1: Wow? I would have to say, I think my father probably brought me into that. I've always been attuned to it. I guess you could say some people call it second sight, you know, the vision. I've always had a bit of that. I remember seeing things and hearing things back from way back when I was a small, small child. The first time I ever remember seeing anything, I was still I was still a toddler. I was in a I remember the very first time I thought something was a miss we say, I remember I was. I was in my playpen in my mom's room. It was afternoon, and I was just kind of hanging out and Uh lived next door to me, and he was about a month older than I. Jeff referenced him in at least one story that you've already done narrated. He was over there with me as well. They had him in the playpen. Well, everybody was out of the room. It was just him and on. I guess we'd been sleeping and I woke up and I was kind of hanging out there, and it was one of those old, uh wooden slided kind of playpens, had a a rail across the top that I had just how described this exactly. It had these little metal rods that were between a couple of top rods, and they had like these uh smaller bolts that were were out in the center were on the metal post with a spring underneath, so you could sit there and kind of ping you know, kind of spring the ball back and forth and entertaining yourself. I remember laying there kind of half asleep, and I started hearing that spring Nollix got up, kind of raised up, and there was this older gentleman that I didn't know it's time, kind of sitting in a chair over across the room, looking at me and just making faces. He was smiling and he just kept, you know, he kept I remember I he was funny. I remember just laughing, and I woke my cousin up or he woke up somehow, I don't know, but I was. I was kind of like pointing this guy out to him as a little small child, and he just seemed oblivious to him. Didn't really think anything of it at the time, I guess, going on for a few minutes. Well, my mom and dad and just dad came into the room sometime shortly thereafter, and they were all standing around the room talking and this gentleman was still sitting over in there, just looking at me and smiling. And there was a point my mom went over and started to sit down, and I remember that really clearly. She started to sit right on top of this guy and I I just didn't know what was going on, you know, And I'm watching this with like wide eyes, and she sat in the chair and this gentleman just disappeared. I thought that was really really strange. But you know, I don't know how to him, which he is very young, just kind of flabbergasted me. I guess later on Jeff left, my family left the room. I remember seeing him again. He was just kind of wandering around the room and you know, just watching me. And I remember other times throughout years as a small child seeing him, but I don't know as that older. I just guess I just forgot about him, didn't see him anymore. Think about it. Fast forward to I'm probably seventeen. Brought my girlfriend over to my house one night on a Friday night. We were on a date, and we came home and my parents were going through stacks of old photo albums. Say, my dad had tons and tons of the old photo albums, and they were the ones that either pulled up the cellophane, you know, and stopped a picture onto the sticky back, or he had ones that were had like little glued corners on them that were stuck onto like instruction paper. We had tons of those, and they both through them, and I'd looked through some of them before, but not all of them. I was sitting there, we were, my girlfriend and I were both looking at watching my parents go through them and looking at the photos too, and my mom came across this picture and it was a picture of my mom as a young girl, and there was a lady next to her and an older gentleman and it was the same gentleman that I had as a child, and it hit me at that moment I had this recollect of him, and I asked my mom. I stopped and I said, who is that? And she said, well, that that's Pepe. That's your grandfather. I had never met my grandfather's, well, either one of them. They both passed away shortly before I had I was born. And she said, yeah, that's my father.
Speaker 2: Pepe was you know, that's when you know?
Speaker 1: And she told me to worry about it, and I didn't say anything to her at the time, but you know, we went through the pictures and everything. Well, later on we left, I told my girlfriend about it. We were both kind of freaked out about it, so that that was kind of freaky, But the real kicker was probably I don't know, I'm probably my thirties. At point, my parents had just passed away, both of them. My father passed away. Well, actually wrote up a story about about.
Speaker 2: That that.
Speaker 1: You're familiar with. My mom passed a week later, and after my mom's funeral, we my brother and sister and myself were all went all back to the house and we were kind of going through all the stuff in the house. You know, you're going opening drawers and seeing what's this and what that, and just kind of figuring out what to throw away, what to give away, what keep. Well, I ran into found a big stack of old letters, and a lot of them were letters from my dad and my mom during World War Two. Somewhere from other members of the family. I found a series of letters that it were from my mother's father, Pepe at the time was in the hospital dying of some form of I don't know, cancer, tuberculosis, something he didn't have much longer, and he was telling my mother that it was really disappointing to him that he would not be able to see, you know, her her son who was going to be born in a couple of months, which was me, and that he couldn't be there with us. But he would always watch out us. He told her he would, he would take care and he would watch out for me, and uh, he'd be around. And that's when it really hit me. I just that floored me. Wow. I don't know, I don't know what else say about that, but that that really that that brought it to my attention. Always seen things throughout my life, though my dad was the same. There were a lot of times when I was a kid, I would hear things or or see people that that I that looked just as solid as they could be, and I would say something about it, and my my mom, my brothers and sister would just you know, laugh it off and tell me what a great imagination I had, and you know, I was just I was crazy. I was you're being silly, And as a young child, I tried it was sometimes I really tried to get their attention to let them know that, you know, there's something else something going on here. What what who is that person? Who's what's what's happening? Why aren't you seeing this? My father pulled me aside one time and said, you know, he he knew what I was seeing. He was aware of it. There were things that were meant for us to see that weren't meant for other people. And he, uh, he probably kept me from going crazy as a kid, He really did. He he let me know he was there for me, and that you know, there's there's other things out there in the world that were a lot of people were just not meant to be aware of, and it's really not our place to try to make them aware of it. So I guess that's what started me down this road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your experiences.
Speaker 1: Used to listen to a lot of his stories when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: Might have. Wasn't my father, but my maternal grandmother that I had almost the same exact conversations with, and she explained, there's things that are just meant for you that only you can see. And sometimes you'll see something that's meant for somebody else, but you can see it too, And then other things you may see and you'll never know who it's for, what it's all about at all, even in retrospect. And I found that to be true. Like you, my adventures started early. I saw a little tiny Christmas lights lying around the house when I was still in a crib and there were no flying lights at her house. I was trying to catch them, and my dad like, what are you doing? And I'm trying to catch these lights, daddy, but he couldn't see him. And then the first apparition I ever saw was a little boy that ran into our yard and disappeared. And I didn't take wise off the spot, went right to the spot. Nothing there, nothing I could have mistaken for a kid, No hole that a kid could have fallen in. I went and got a shovel and dug there to see if there was something in the ground. Didn't find anything, and this code I were talking about that and literally I've still got that shovel, still digging. You know, I'm always looking for answers and you probably found this to be your experience too. We've got a lot more questions than when we started, and it's not about finding the answers anymore. It's on to the next set of questions.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and I totally agree with that. There's just so so many odd things out there, you know, and hauntings people people talk about hauntings and ghosts and there's so many different types. I guess you would say, you know, you've got your your resonant images, you tape, there's no connection you can't. You can't interact with them. They don't interact with you. It's just like you're watching a video of some kind of emotional input question that's happened. And then there's some that there's a lot of interaction there there. You know, there are entities out there that that are just lost. They don't know what's going on. They're they're not sure where they're at, they're not aware, they don't know what's happened. And there's other beings too. There's there's some bad stuff out there. Honestly, I went through this life wishing that, wishing that I didn't have the site that I've had. It's you know, a long time ago, I gave up trying to convince people of anything. I see what I see. I believe what I believe. You know, if I've got a tumor and I'm just crazy, then that's what it is. But I don't think. So. There's just so much out there that we don't know about. It's and I don't know that we ever will.
Speaker 2: I hope.
Speaker 1: So, I hope someday, you know, on the other side, we'll have answers of everything.
Speaker 2: Yep, I agree.
Speaker 1: Don't have it now though, yeah, it's away, but.
Speaker 2: If we had all the answers, the journey wouldn't have been half as much fun. I don't think it was. You know, it was frightening, it was exhilarating, but there was always something happening, and like you, I saw people that nobody will can see it. I didn't know that there were two little boys that used to come down out of the woods on the farm where I grew up, and not a big farm's twenty six acres. There were these little kids that would come down out of the woods and I would play with them down in an area we called the bottoms, which was on the other side of a creek, and we pull me out a garden down there and planted corn and stuff. And I asked my dad about that much later in life. I was probably in my thirties or maybe even forty, and I said, who were those kids that I used to play with down there? And he's like your imaginary friends, and I said, no, these were real children. And I told him the direction that they came from when they came down the hill. He said, there's nothing over there. He said, there's a sheer bluff on the other side of that ridge. That drops off down into the lake, which used to be the Clinch River until TVA damned it up and made Miltain Hill Lake. And he said the only thing that was back over there if you went off the top of it. He said, there used to be on the flat land over there, on the other side of the there was an old church and a graveyard. And I was like, okay, So apparently I was playing with ghost kids and didn't even realize they were ghosts. And it was weird because at the time, this would have been in the mid to late sixties, maybe into the early seventies, they didn't dress like kids that day. They had like short hair, like burr haircuts, like buzz cuts, and they had jeans with a cuffed way up in little flannel shirts. And I think it's probably some kids that passed away from a smallpox or collar or something that had been buried in that graveyard back there. And when we'd been down there playing, I would hear bell off in the distance, almost like a dinner bell, and they would just stop whatever they're doing and take off back through the woods and go out of sight. That's weird that the ring of a bell. But anytime we played down there. If I got close to the branch the creek there, they wouldn't get near it. And you know, that's the myth, apparently, the is that ghosts can't cross running water. And other times, when I wasn't playing with these little kids, i'd be down in there and it started getting dark, I would get just this overwhelming sense of foreboding and I would run out of there. And my dad had built a little bridge across the creek there, and I didn't feel like something wasn't after me until I got across that bridge when I crossed the water, So that that kind of makes sense, But that whole area it was weird. There were seven natural springs, six of them that flowed out of hillsides and one that was an artesian spring. Those flowed into a bigger creek which used to go into the river, and then the lake and the ditch near there where I had several paranormal experiences that I've talked about. That was the old stagecoach road, the old dirt road to the air dating back to revolutionary times and probably before that. But I think that people got ambushed there. People stopped along that road and went down there to the creek get a drink of water, and especially I believe during the Civil War, because we used to find the mini balls, the fire shells now the cartridges and things like that, found arrowheads and things down there.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: One time there was an old tree that lightning had struck and it rotted, and my dad and I were burning it, and when we rolled it over so the other side would catch, there was the tip of a Civil War era bayonet that was broken off in the tree. So I don't know what all had gone down there, but it felt off.
Speaker 1: Oh huh, Yeah, the water has an attraction. I do believe that. When when I grew up, we lived at the end of a cul de sac, and I had a creek running right behind the house and you went down the hill and probably I don't know, seventy five yards from my house was a running creek, and I saw that there were just so many things that happened around that creek, not just behind the house, but up and down the creek is we played kids, the kids in there. We were always in that creek, but there was always something happened or something going on on on this nearby. There was a if you might I guess from my house heading south. It was called Second Creek still is, but it passed right through the middle of the graveyard on the very edge of town. It's the only graveyard we had, and there was an old stun bridge that cemetery. It was never used when I was a kid. In fact, I we didn't even know it was there until one time we went that far down the creek and found it. I remember one time when it was summertime, around the fourth of July, because we were we were all running around at night playing games, you know, doing the ghosts in the graveyard and that kind of stuff. But we had an interesting graveyard. It goes back a long time, early well, early mid eighteen hundreds, I guess, and the oldest graves back there. My friend, two of my friends and I decided we were gonna go We're gonna we're gonna camp out in the graveyard at night, you know, kind of check things out. So, uh, we were making plans and everything. We did that. We headed down one night a couple of the other kids, but the older kids in the neighborhood, a couple of boys, they'd heard what was going on, so they decided they were going to come down and mess with us. So we were down there and we were kind of camping out, you know, kind of freaking each other out about things. And I hadn't really seen anything at the time or felt anything. Dave and Scott, the two kids, were trying to sneak up on it. When we knew they were coming, we heard them, so we had some fireworks with us and you know, some bottle rockets and stuff, so we kind of went down toward the creek and then started lighting them off at them, and they got all freaked out and took off, and we thought that was great fun. Well, one of the boys that was right with me, we were hiding down at the bridge, and we were under that stone bridge waiting for everybody to leave and kind of laughing about things and trying to keep quiet. Well, we sat down there for probably, I don't know, it'd very been about ten or fifteen minutes after everybody left, and we were still kind of down there, thrown rocks in the water and just kind of listening to everything. And we heard it was the sound of a bell, kind of a I don't know, like a small tin bell, just ringing kind of erratically, and the sound after it came the sound of horsehoves, and clear as a bell, we heard this group of horses come down through the field, which there was, it was just field on the other side of the bridge that went out. It sounded like horses were pulling a carriage, and they came and cross that bridge over the top of us, went down into the cemetery, and we're we're listening to this. Just scared death to even look out from underneath the bridge. And it went maybe I don't know, hundred yards into the cemetery and then stopped, and the bell stopped ringing, and we heard muted voices. Couldn't make out what they were saying, but they were definitely talking. And we decided finally we were gonna We're gonna go take a look at what's going on here, you know. So we start climbing out and Brian, who was with me, probably got about twenty or thirty feet up the hill in front of me, and then he took off like a shot, headed for the creek. Didn't say a word and was just gone. I got up there, and I got up and looked, and I can't say I saw much.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was kind of foggy at that point, but there was definitely some a light down by where the old graves were, and when I came up, the voices stopped and it became dead silent. I took off after Brian, not knowing what's all or you know, just just wanted to get out of there. It had just a bad, bad feeling. Years later we never did find out what was going on there. But years later I found out that that bridge, the only purpose that bridge ever for was to carry the hearse that would drive There was an old horse drawn curt hearse that came from that side of the field where the guy that did the doug the graves lived up there. He had it apparently had it on an old carriage. They would carry the bodies into the cemetery that way and then he would you know, do his business and bury them. I got with the old Lenchester Historical Society, which is where I'm from, and they had small pictures and actually were talking about the old carriage that used to come across and it actually had bells that hung off the front there on some wires, so it made a noise as they came toward the cemetery. That was really creepy. Man I'm not sure if we were just watching, watching and hearing something out of the ass, but it was right by that creek.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's rightly. And it was so many things East Tennessee too. There was an area Beaver Creek that ran to there, and I think it goes all the way up into Virginia or somewhere, but everywhere along that creek there are all kinds of hauntings and paranormal activity, and a very similar story there. At one point there was some guys down there that had did either rob the stagecoach or robbed the train and took off up the hill toward Beaver Creek, and they hid out in a cave and their initials are still in there. You can go and see that in the cave that's up there. But they eventually caught him and killed them right outside the cave there. But one night my dad was out in there and he heard what sounded like hoop beats, heard him coming up the hill, passed right by him there for the creek, and went out of earshot. He said there was no horses there. I mean. He grew up on a nine hundred and something anchor farm in Middle Tennessee. He was very well versed with around farm animal. He said, I heard it, but there was nothing there. And that's one of the stories that if you go down there, I don't know if it's certain nights or certain time of night, you can hear those guys still replaying that over and over where they're trying to get through there on their horses to get away from the posse that was pursued them and they didn't make it. And there's something about the water like that. You're right to that of tracks and you'd sent me another story. I think it happened around that same area where he grew up. I don't think I've gotten around and narrating that yet. Was the turtle man? That was that a supernatural thing or just a strange person that was out for yeah around or.
Speaker 1: Yeah that one? No, it was it was definitely something. Okay, Yeah, that's fine. That's one of the first recollections I have of back to having rash with another it was a ghost or another entity. Didn't know it at the time, I was. It was summertime. Strangely off my dad. We had a bridge across the creek behind our house as well that my father had built hang out back there on that old wooden bridge out and down and you know, maybe fish off it. The water wasn't that deep. It was probably only four or five feet in some areas through there, and five would be deep. For that creek was oh forty fifty feet wide through their trees hanging over and everything. We were always in the in the water, you know, turn over rock, looking for crawllads, catching fish and stuff. Well, one summer I was by myself, and I was probably eight seven eight years old or something, and I was sitting down on the on the bridge having some lunch, you know, I had a sandwich and some a drink or something, and I remember having a book on fish. It was like a library book that was on real colorful. I had all kinds of fish, different types in it. And I was looking at that reading and just kind of hanging my feet off the side of the bridge and you know, enjoying the summer day by myself back there, and I started hearing this dumping noise off in the distance down the creek, kind of a think silk, kind of almost a metallic now, and i'd heard it before. I didn't know what it was. To put my stock in it. But I started looking down the creek, you know, and trying to figure out what what this was, because from my house there was another house, you know, I don't know, a quarter mile away, and then really nothing. I mean, there were some other houses up from the creek, but no kind of industrial thing or no, there's just nothing. It just went into woods and you know, went through the fields and whatnot. So after a couple of minutes, I saw this guy coming through the mill Creek and walking through the water, had a pair of overalls on, was in water about up to his knees, I guess, and he was walking along in the water, walking next to the bank, and he had a big stick, big of wong wouldn't stick with it, and he stopped every now and then he would show the stick down into the bank and you'd hear itunk. You'd hear this funk sound. And I'd never seen this guy before him. I was, you know, I don't know, I was. I was a real friendly, personable kid, I though I knew everybody in the area, and I wanted to go see, you know, who is this guy? Why is he doing this? So I ran across the bridge, took off down the side of the the bank down there, and sure enough, here this old, scraggly looking guy. I said hello, and you know, introduced myself to him and looked as solid as he could be, just some old guy, and he said, you know, he said hello to me and asked him what he was doing, and uh, he was looking for turtles. He's looking for some victuals. I'm saying the word victuals because I knew what that was. We when when I was a kid, he used to watch gun Smoke every every night, that every Monday night. They talk about that. That was a word that came up a lot.
Speaker 2: So you know, they'd have company over for vittles. And I asked my dad, I said, where did they get that word? He said, they're saying victuals, but it's vittles when in the south or out west?
Speaker 1: What he was he said, he was looking turtles. Turtles was and uh, I knew there was some there were snapping, some snapping turtles in there, and I thought that was, you know, okay, So I said, well, how how are you? How do you catch them? Because you wracking along with him, big on lap sack that was like tied around to his shoulder and waist, but it was hanging behind him, just coming through the water, and it looked like it had something in it. I mean it had some stuff, because it had some weight to it. But I said, well, how you know, how are you catching them with a stick? You know those things are me It's well, let me tell you. I said, you come along here, he said, a turtle, said, a big old snapper. W'll come up and they'll find a hole in the in the side of the bank and they'll go in and they'll they'll stay in there and then they'll be hiding. He said, you can take I take my stick and he said, I stick it in there. I hear it sunk. I know there's so he said. What I do is reach my hand down and grab turtle, pull him out, and it's throw him up on the bank and then I'll grab put him in lap cycle. I thought this guy was nuts. I said, you know, you you you're gonna you can't do that. You know you're gonna you're gonna get bit turtles. Snapping turtles are nasty things, you know. They heard when they when they go to bite down, they have to actually finish the bite before they can release again. I'm not sure if that's true, but I've never really done research on it, but I guess their jaws locked, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I've heard similar adventures on the creek there. I found one and I poked it with a big stick limb and it chopped down on the limb and I carried it all the way home with it hanging on to that limb, and I took it and I showed my mother. I said, look what I caught. And she said, that's a snapping turtle. You get rid of that. She said, if that gets a hold of you, it won't let go until it here's thunder. I'd never heard that either, but apparently, yeah, they've they've got a hell of a bite and then they just will not. Like I said, I carried the pull away to the turtle on the end of that stick, and it was a big old turtle. That was the only one I ever encountered. But yeah, I wouldn't have returned the bank and tried to grab all with my hand.
Speaker 1: Oh god, No. I was like, well, you know what happens. You're reaching out, He's gonna bite you, and he goes, nah, he won't bite you, he said. He said, Uh, they go in head first. He said, they'll always go in head first and they have to back out. I thought about it for a minute. I thought, well, you know, what what happens if the hole was big enough that that turtle turned around there. And he kind of looked at me and looked he looked out of the water. Guy looked kind of close to me, and he said, well, son, then you get back. And he pulled his hand up and it was missing his three middle fingers on his right hand, and it the bank just reaked out and he was laughing, just cackling at the top of his lungs. And I started to climb up and he apologized to me. He said, I'm sorry, son. He said I couldn't resist, you know, and just and he said, you know, that's what happened to him. He got he got bit one time. And he said, yeah, they ain't never do that much. And sat there in the grass and kind of talked to him and we had we had a nice conversation for about probably ten minutes, I guess. And my mom had this old kind of bronze dinner bell that was hanging off the door on the back porch, and when it was dinner, time, she would open the back door and hit that thing. And I'm telling you, if I was within a mile of the house, you heard that, and that was like you to come home. I had to come home for dinner. So that thing went off and I looked back to the house and I told him, I said, ma'am, that's my mom. I gotta you know, I got she's called me for dinner. I gotta go. And I said, you know, it's nice meeting you, and he said, yeah, you better go. He said, you don't want to get yourself in trouble and turned around and started to run up the hill. And I hadn't gone maybe ten feet, and I stopped. I thought, you know what, I don't know this guy's name. So I turned around to tell it, to ask him, sir, what what's your name? You know that's me yet? And there was nobody there. It was he was gone, completely gone, and he'd been standing in the creek. There was no way he could have gotten out of that creek. I ran to the edge, thinking maybe he's falling down the water or something. No, there was no sign of him. There was no ripples in the water. It was he was just gone. I think I stood there for about ten seconds and then I turned around and just ran for the house as fast as I could. I was just freaked out and got to the house, sat and got in the dinner table, and you know, started trying to tell my mom what was going on, and she was just like, yeah, what, you know, you're okay. I don't have time for stories, you know, just eat your dinner. Dad came home shortly thereafter, and I was telling him and he said something about it. He heard noises. He said he'd heard that thumbing before, but he didn't know what it was. Well after dinner he said, well, come on, i'll go down. I'll go down the creek with you and well we'll see, you know, we'll look around. So we went down there together. Didn't see a thing, no sign whatsoever that he was over there. That I ever saw anything. And that was those times he said, well, you know, maybe that was something just meant for you to see. Well, I looked a lot. Over the next couple of weeks, I'd looked around the creek. I'd listen to nothing. There were times I did hear that thumping again. And one time, probably a couple months after that, I was sitting on my back. We had like a big concrete patio back there with a grille, and it was a nice place to hang out. I was sitting back there was my friend Brian across the street. We're back there playing hot wheels, just you know, rolling around army Man and hot wheels, just having a good old time back there. And I heard something coming up that creek and he heard it too. I asked him, I said, do you hear that? He said, yeah, what is that? I said, come on, and I grabbed and took off running down that hillside, got this creek, started looking around. We heard it. We heard the something continue all the way down to the creek. When we got to it, it stopped, didn't near it again. We went We probably walked from out down the creek on both sides of the backs and never did see anything. But he heard it. That to me, that that, you know, verified that I wasn't just nuts and vald. My room, Yeah, my my bedroom was at the back of the house, so it looked down onto the creek, and I had I had wooden these red wooden shutters so you could close and lock and then pull the shutters kind of you know, came upward, so you couldn't see out unless I could see in. There were times, a couple of times at night, late when I would be laying in bed reading something, getting ready to doze off, not that i'd hear that something down in the creek. Let me tell you, every time I did after that, I may damn sure that my my window shutters were locked tight and I did not look out, because if I did, I was I was afraid I looked down, he'd be standing down there in front of you, just waving that hand in my face and laughing. It's just but but that always that that kind of messes me up when when they tell, you, know, you hear about about ghosts not being able to cross running water, and that's a that's a big thing. I mean, it seems to be true in a lot of cases, but here this this one was in the water. He was literally walking through the creek. It yeah, yeah, it was never forget that for a game. I can. I can close my eyes right now and just picture him, picture of the face and everything about him as clear as it was that day when I first saw him. Then that oh it did it. I mean, he put them right up in my face. And we just started laughing. Boy, it just im falling back five feet.
Speaker 2: And so that was the one off. You heard him after that, but you never did see him again, Is that correct?
Speaker 1: Correct? I never never did, and and I looked there. There were a few times during daylight hours when I heard that noise and I'd run down there and look. But I never did see him, never did, and never never had the feeling that you're you're you're tuned to it like I am. To some degree, and probably maybe more. It's more than just a sight. You you feel it when you're when you're close to something or there's something nearby, your body is telling you that they're there. You know it. It's an energy, At least with me, it's almost like an electric charge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. That's how I would describe it. Almost like a just a creeping sensation that goes up your spine or across your arms. But I can tell when I'm in the presence of something strange or weird because I get that prickling sensation.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep. It starts, like to say, it's going up the back of your neck, it's in my shoulders. I start shaking. It's almost just It's almost like I'm you know, getting electrocuted, small degree and sure enough there'll be something y' I'll see you here there or just no something, something's there. Yeah, you can't get away from it. It's great.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't want it any other way, you know. Some times, yeah, it's annoying and frightening. I've been scared out of my wits before my stuff. But again, you know, those are great memories. I wouldn't wouldn't want to not be scared by stuff. I had something I couldn't see chase me out of a ditch a couple of times. Uh, several years apart, and years later, a weige aboard at a little house party i'd shown up at said that it was a water spirit or a water spry, and uh. I went to the library, this is pre internet, looked at up. Sure enough it was a type of elemental that guards the water, a niad. And okay, and the people at the party didn't know that story. I never told it to anybody at that point besides my parents. And yet these people working on the wage board, and all I said was they were going around the room asking people questions. I didn't know anybody at this little party, except the guy was with it. I only knew him from work and he didn't know the story. But when they got to me, I thought, I've got a good one for you. All said it was what scared me as a child, for that incident in mind. And the wigiboards built out sp r and they thought, oh, well, it's thirsty, it wants a sprite, it wants something to drink. But like I said, I filed that away. My next day off, I went to the big library downtown and asked the reference library and how can you tell me about a water sprite for a water spirit? And that was what she came up with. So there you go. According to the wijiboard, that's what I encountered. And it wasn't like a little fairy, a little gossamer wing something. First of all, I couldn't see it. It was affecting the tree limbs a lot higher than my head. And I could feel the ground shake when this thing came up out of the ditch, leaves knocking up in its wake.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And that was when I was I think seven or eight, And then right before we moved away from there, I was fifteen at that time. I walked back up there. I hadn't been there. I'd been near it, but not by myself. And I thought I was just kind of walking around the old home place there because we were we'd moved several miles up the highway to closer to where I was going to go to high school. I was just kind of out revisiting my haunts. We had twenty six acres out there in the country, so I had a lot of tree forts and stone circles and places that I camped and cooked and stuff. I just wanted to take the last look at that. And I walked up to the edge of that ditch, Terry, and I said, it's just to myself. I wonder what that was that scared me when I was a kid, and I hadn't much more than got that thought out of my head. I turned and started to walk away, and I hear those leaves coming up out of the ditch again. I turned around. Here's this thing that I can't see tearing out of the ditch after me. And I didn't run screaming and crying into the house. I did when I was eight years old, but I didn't waste any time getting out of there. That's the last time I was there, that's been forty five years ago. I wonder if it's still there and why had never bothered anybody but me? My bothered my brother both went up there, looked around. They could see where something had broke the tree limbs and kicked up in the leaves like was it a bear? Was it a deer? No? I knew what all those things were. And I even had a friend of her one time, and I thought I'd use him as bait. I had him go stand up next to the ditch and I stayed down the hill in a tree to go up there and look in the ditch and see if you see anything. And he's up there walking around, don't see nothing, So it didn't chase him. And then I even tried that. I had him stand down and I went up there. It didn't come out that time, But whatever it was, it only got after me when I was alone, and probably the second or third most frightened I've ever been. Now, did you ever have anything like that, anything that got after you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Actually, just a couple of years ago, I had some kind of weird thing going on here and I still can't I can't describe or explain that it's been a year two back on one of our one of our lunar know things that was going on at night one night we had some kind of I don't know if the clips it was a lunar eclips something like that. I like, I say, I'm I'm up all night. It was. I was off for a couple of nights, middle of the week. It was around the fourth of July again, and uh, this was this was really odd and I still I don't know. It still bothers me. I was it was probably two in the morning, maybe somewhere around that time one two everything. I think it was right after the Fourth of pot because you know, everybody did the fireworks and all that stuff. And I don't know, but I remember I looked out my back window. My back door is I've got two big doors that are just glass, and I've got about five acres out there that goes back into some woods. It's just a big open field thing goes back to the woods like a tree. There are some houses on the sides, but in the backs of the houses and whatnot, down probably almost to the end of my yard, right into my neighbor's property. I saw these images of these Uh, it was like people that were just I want to say they were almost It was like a bunch of people gathered around a fire or something, and they were dancing around it, just out there, and I'm thinking, Okay, what the hell is this? You know, what we're doing? The morgue? What's going on in my neighborhood? What that's new? People move in shortly before that, I'm thinking, Okay, what's what's going on with this group? But I noticed really quick that they as they were circling this and I want to say a fire, but there was no light really come from the center. They were illuminated and almost like a fog like way, but they were. They were going in a clockwise direction around this center section, and as they would I would see them on the left of it. And as they would go around, they would literally go into like an outbuilding and through through it. They weren't avoiding it. They would disappear. And then I'm out the other side and I'm looking at this thing, going, I'm what the what the hell am I seeing? You know, I'm I need to check this out. So I go outside, you know, I quietly kind of open the door and go out and kind of go around my I've got a big pool out there. I kind of go around the pool and get to I've got a building out there. It's also the man cave. I get to the side of that and I'm watching it and it's just they're still continuing. They're just going on. I'm not hearing a thing, absolutely nothing. So I stepped out from the house a little bit from the building, got maybe ten feet out of the yard, and all of a sudden, the group of them just stopped and then just started coming at me fast. And I'm telling you what. I turned around and I just ran like hell to the house, got the house, slammed the door shut, pulled the blinds down, and then just went into another room and get away from the door. Ten minutes out so that I come back and I'm looking out the door, you know, kind of peeking around nothing. Nothing, you know. I I'm not going out. I'm just looking because it was back whatever. I had a really bad feeling about whatever this was, that was this group of whatever.
Speaker 2: Jason.
Speaker 1: Probably twenty minutes after that, I'm going back and forth, back and forth to the door to the you know, in the house. It starts again. I see it going on again, went out a second time, same thing happened, But I came in the house that thing, and I did not go back toward the door of the rest of the night. I still to this day, I have no idea what's going on. I mean, I'm almost picturing some kind of like Indian ritual thing or something, but I don't know. I don't know, but I know it wasn't good. And they they there was definitely a connection there. I mean, they they they knew I was there, and they did not like it, and they were coming for that was that was, I mean, I just that was scared. The yeah, did they did whatever it was, you know, and it was a bunch of six or seventh that's six or seven.
Speaker 2: Back in the seventies, there was an old Peter Fonda movie called Race with the Devil where they were out things at a campground or a national park that they came across a bunch of cultists doing some sort of ritual and then got chased. And that's supposedly based on a true story. So yeah, things like that happened.
Speaker 1: Wow, this was I don't get that kind of feeling that. I mean, I don't think it was if it was called this, it was it was from way back. I mean they were they weren't. They weren't solid. It wasn't It wasn't like a you know, I could tell that. It was almost at first. I wasn't even screw I was seeing it. I mean it's just like, Okay, my eyes aren't that great. But you know, am I d a projection of something and somebody watching a movie out there or something and the like showing you know, on the side of a U one of the buildings or something. It was that they weren't corporal, Let's put it that way. You could tell there were there were there was a misty quality about them. But yeah, I did not want any I did not want that or an interaction, and they weren't happy. I know that I could feel that.
Speaker 2: And you mentioned through the really don't that's a hint that they weren't uh corporal, that they were some sort of etheric.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there's a lot of weird stuff around here. I live right next door to an old h It was an old school that was abandoned. It was kind of refurbished restored into into a house years ago, but then hadn't been lived in. It sat there abandoned for probably thirty years. There's a lot of weird stuff over there too. I see a little girl. The whole vice was like surrounded by really tall pine trees. You almost couldn't see it from my house, so you could see it from the road. And we'd always we'd always see things going on over there. I mean we'd kind of you could kind of look certain times that you could see to the house. It was always a weird thing that one summer I remember seeing. It's really odd. It was almost like a recording of You could at night, a certain time of night, you could look in through the trees into this window and you would see someone coming down some stairs. They'd turn around and then they'd run back up the stairs. But there's no stairs there. There was no stairs in that room. But it just it continued. It would just go on and on and on h hours. I remember my son out there, who was pretty young at the time, and had him watching it. I'm like, you see that. He goes, yeah, somebody's probably watching to you or something like something. Nobody nobody lives there, you know they're there. The electricity was on. There was always electric in that place because certain lights would come on at certain times. It was odd. I remember going. I'd spend a lot of hours kind of over nearby. But during the day there were there were times I remember I'd be out mowing the front yard, I'd done my riding door, and there was I'd see this little girl standing in the in the bushes, kind of in the trees, just watching me, holding this little teddy bear, just kind of watching wearing this like in a yellow dress. And I figured it was an irritat or something. I don't know. You know, well, I'd seen her quite a few times, and then at one point I thought, well, you know, I'm gonna I'm gonna least say hi. I mean, she's she's always standing there watching me. I stopped them more probably thirty or forty feet away, asked, and got off and started walking through him. I got within about ten feet of where she just disappeared into the trees, didn't move, just like faded away. At that point I knew what I was looking at, But there there's not a lot of weird things going on over there. Just about two years ago, maybe maybe a year year and a half, some people finally bought the place I know it was really the story got because I had talked neighbors about it and asked them about it when we first moved in, and they said, no, you know, no one's ever lived there. The history that we they told us was that this pilot had bought it. I had recently gotten the worst. I guess this back in the sixties, maybe the early seventies on place and renovated it. Had it made up, you know, where he was going to live there, and he had a girlfriend and they were going to move into it, and then he got killed in a car and I guess the girlfriend inherited the place but never lived there, so it just sat unused for all these years. Then about a year or so back, she must have passed away, because the place got sold and started doing some renovations. And man, when they did, I'm telling you what they were just there was all kinds of activity go on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nicole had reminded me, and a lot of it was coming to ask you to tell the story about the house that was having renovations. That must be it that you're in the middle of right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, absolutely, they didn't live there when they were renovating. They would they would were redoing it, and they would come work for a few hours during the day and then leave. So they did that for about three months before anybody finally moved in and activity picked up big time over here. You know, they they knew there was a connection. I mean I I had connected with with her, and there's a couple of other things over there. We mutually knew that we existed, let's put it that way. And I don't know if you've encountered this or not, but it's been my experience that when you run into a cognizant entity that that is not just an image that's you know, a video that's repeating itself, with something that's actually there. When they know that you know there, they will earn their attention towards you. They will continue to try to get your attention or I don't know, just in some cases, I think they're looking for help, and they are I should say, I shouldn't say I think they are. I know that help.
Speaker 2: There's a reason where they're trying to get your attention.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 2: We've got some friends that just bought an old house in Connecticut, and the day they started renovations, the place went nuts. They've got a doorbell that's totally disconnected that that rings. They've heard knocks at the door, as Harry, they captured something on their doorbell camera. It looks like a snowstorm outside, but there's no wind blowing. It wasn't raining that night. It wasn't leaves. I don't know what it was. I showed it to a paranormalist friend of mine, Cisco, and she said, it's energy that they've opened up some kind of energy vortex there and all these things that are coming through. They're upset because the house is being messed with.
Speaker 1: Right fully believe it. We had some motion detector cameras outside our place for a while. I was kind of checking on some stuff and it still kills me. We My wife called me orc one night. Was just freaking out about these people that were in the yard. You know, they were around the house. There was this older couple. They were in the backyard, they were you know, all these She she'd seen these these shots and I got home and pulled them up and started looking at them and they were real faded. It wasn't there was no these were ghosts. It was clear to me that these were ghosts. She's like, no, you know how I figured maybe that it was just taking you know, that it was taking images or pictures every so often, so it only caught them, you know, small images of them. I'm like, no, that's not how it works. Yeah, okay, give me a second year. But uh, to my great horror and dismay, we had we lost the pictures we had. There was probably a doz really good ones, and uh they were we didn't save them. They were on whatever cloud this was with the service we were using. And uh, like a week later if we didn't say that they were gone and they went. So it's still I still got it. Still, it still bothers me a lot that we don't have those. But yeah, there was an older couple, clear as day, just kind of looking around.
Speaker 2: It had been the.
Speaker 1: Yard was getting kind of bad. I'll have to say that our mower had died and I was I had I had hired a service to come in. They hadn't been there for about two weeks and the yard was getting looking really bad. And honestly, these people were standing out and they are looking at the grass and stuff, looking like, hmm, what's wrong.
Speaker 2: With these people?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, why aren't they bowing the grass they were. They looked like they were not happy with us. But that was freaky that that was a freaky issue too. We've had all kinds of weird things going on around here. There's a there'sn't always something that I'm not going to really go into here that has not been good. But it's been around for several years, and I think the result of we We had this old mirror that priest's mom, my wife's mom had given us years back when she passed away, and I'm not sure where she got it. It was just like a piece of mirror, great big thing to of those people that went to all kinds of auctions and you know, sales and collected like everything in the world. But we had one night, it was on a weekend. I was I had spent the night out in the man cave kind of doing some stuff, and she came out and spent that night out there. When we came in the next morning, and that mirror was just all over the floor, just completely shattered into just a million pieces. I don't know if the cat's knocked it off or what, but as soon as that happened, things geared up in this house, and not in a good way, and it's it's subsided quite a bit over the last few years. I've kind of learned how to deal with it. I will say, take its power, but it's it's still here. And I've tried everything in the world to get this thing gone. Miss it's not leaving. It's not so bad right now. Though, as I say, I've learned how to I think I've learned how to deal with it. How it's it's not been an issue for quite a while.
Speaker 2: But yeah, caused all kinds of a check there. It sounds like saving a sage or smudge or I lived in a place one time where there was words like bubbling up out of the paint in the bathroom, and I put, at a pastor's recommendation, I put the Bible on a laptop and set that in there and let that play twenty four hours a day. And that seemed to quiet and down, fighting it down whatever it was. But that was a weird place as an old house in Portland and probably from the played eighteen hundreds early nineteen I tried.
Speaker 1: I've tried the sage smudge. I've where I'm the property of the house, so I turned all that stuff there was one, one particular time that really got me. This is when it was going really strong. I'd come home from work, and my son went to school. My wife headed off to work, so I was alone in the house. I went into the bathroom and got in a shower. Taking a shower. You know, I've got like one of those glass crystal life kind of sliding doors that you know you can't see through real well, but you can see through. I was washing my hair, rinsed my face off, opened my eyes, started to turn around and there was clear as a bell, this woman standing right on the other side of the glass, staring right at me. And let me tell you, I screamed like a little girl. I probably jumped two feet airs, let out a scream, threw my head back under the water that washed the rest of the soap out of my face, opened my eyes and there was nothing there. That well, it's free. Yeah, yeah. I don't like those like hello, you know, turn around the corner and there's something, or you're go into the bathroom in the middle of the night and look up and there's something behind you in the mirror. That's that's not fun. That's never fun. I I don't know. We as I say it hasn't been so bad lately. I it's it's hard to do, but it almost I have to say. They draw their power by you and your emotions. Your emotions are definitely an energy drain for them that they pull from it. The more you can ignore it or step away from it and not get emotionally involved with what's happening, last power they have. I firmly hear that. That's that's probably been my saving grace here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and fear is such a base human emotions, and I think they feed up that. That's why they they try to scare you. There's a Clive Barker story. It's in Books of Blood. I think it's called the Demon and uh it was a pixel story, but he talked about an investation for this thing. Tried every way in the world to the devil this guy and get his attentions up, and he just ignored it, and that that drove the demon crazy.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 2: Hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 1: That that's that's pretty much my that's my my philosophy or my my workings of it. Sometimes I'll be sitting here at night you all my days off, I'll be watching a movie at night and not I'll see see her clear as a bell, walk by the doorway, you know, the open hallway, and I just it's I see it on the corner of my eye, and that's what stays. I'll just sit there and start reciting something in my head or you know, plants, music or doing something just totally completely ignore it and it seems to fade quickly. I've got a few cats around the house too, and they they're really good at letting you know when something's something's up. You know, as well as you're feeling that that energy that's starting the electrical starts, letting you know something's there. The cats are really good at letting you know there's something, there's something coming. You know. They'll come over and start, you know, almost like protecting you, like you know, walking around your feet, standing, jumping up in your lap, kind of looking off and in a certain directions and you know you know something's there. Yeah they're good, a little watchdog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah they are. Then I've seen that before where they were watching something that you can't see, but there's definitely something going on that they're tuned into. And now I've had experiences with the animals that have passed on. I went and spent the night with a friend of mine one time, and I slept in the spare bedroom and I felt the cat come in, hop up on the bed and curl up down at my feet. And the next morning I got up, he was cooking breakfast for us, and I said, if you were looking for your cat last night, it came in the the spare room with me and slept in there. And he's like, stave, he said, that cat's been dead for three years. He said, But but I feel the same thing, he said, I feel it, per I feel it get on the bed, I feel it brush up against my leg in the darkness. He said, there is no cat here.
Speaker 3: Anymore, at least not in it's actual form. You you ever had any experience with the animal ghosts? Oh, oh, yeah, exactly that I've got.
Speaker 1: I've got. I've lost a lot of cats through the years. I'm here in some other spots and there there's definitely a couple of them rooming around here. I'll get that exact intimation. I'll be, you know, walking through the house at night or anytime during the day, and you're sitting there, all of a sudden, I'll feel one of them, you know, kind of rushing against my ankles or something. I'll reach down to bed thinking it's that. I'm thinking it's one of the few that I have here, and there's nothing there. I look over and my cats are sleeping on the sofa over there or something, and it's like okay, and on the bed and I do. You'll you'll feel them sometimes you'll be laying there and you'll feel them jump up and then just curl up and even actually hear the per I've heard that that purfore And no, there's nothing. There's nothing there. There's you know, nothing, nothing physical. And I want to lead you know there, you're your family. They're uh there. They love you and you love them, and they're there for you and they stick around.
Speaker 2: Now there. There's a couple other stories of yours that I have narrated that have gotten just a tremendous response, and not only is it the tale, but the way it's written. You're a fantastic writer. And speaking of you and I are going to be doing a book together here shortly. I'm looking forward to that collaboration. But one of the most popular stories ever, as am I thirteen past Midnight, is the story of Jimmy. You want to touch on that one, just briefly for a radio audience here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'd be I'd be happy to do. And thank you for those kind words. I I I appreciate that. I uh. Well, when I write, I really try to. It's it's almost like a picture. I try to. I really try to remember everything that happened in every moment of those encounters, and it's almost like painting a picture.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 1: I want to lay everything out and let let you see the the surrounding area and what's you know what I want you to put, put you in my spot. And I try my best to do that. And it's easy to do to a point because I those encounters are they stayed with you. Everything is so clear. I mean you can remember everything from you know, what you had for lunch, to the feeling in the air, the color of the leaves, everything around you. Jimmy, Jimmy was a special guy when I was When I was really young, I was just out of out of high school. I started working for this photo lab down in Cincinnati, and I was I was doing everything for him, but mainly running deliveries. At first, we had a lot of commercial accounts downtown, so I was always running downtown. We we were out of Walnut Hills to maybe five miles out of down, but I'd be running downtown two three times a day. Well, there was one building on Fifth Street that I used to go to and I remember going in. First time I went in there was when I walked in the bottom and went down there and there was there was an old elevator. One of the old hands operated elevators and I experienced those before. There was one over on the other town that I dealt with that he was walking in. You had to run it by yourself, which was kind of fun actually, you know, you try to get that. You started and pull the lever down. It would go up, and you know, pull it back and it would stop and back and forth, back and forth until I finally got into a point I could step out of it. But this one had an operator. There was this old guy and his name was Jimmy, and he had been in that place for many, many years. He started working there as a kid back in maybe at thirties, I guess, and he was an old man at this point, but big, jovial, nice guy. The elevator it was, it was. It was open in the front except for like a half door. It was like a red crushed the velvet everywhere in this elevator. But you almost couldn't see the the walls because of everything that was in there Jimmy had. It was like his personal trying he had collected. He had photographs and pins and buttons and ribbons and and everything in the world you could imagine just into the walls, ceiling, everything in that in there.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was amazing into that Uh walked in, introduced himself and told me who he was and asked me where I needed to go, and I said, you know, I need to go up to the fifth floor. He invited me in, started talking to me and started showing me some of the things and in his UH, in his elevator, in his little world, just the nicest guy you'd ever wanted me. And you know, we'd get to the fifth floor. He opened the door for me and tell me, showed me where to go, and I'd head down there, do my business, you know, hand off my stuff, come back and have another conversation with me on the way down. And I just really liked him. It was just a really really nice person of wy the ovial individual through the year or so when I was down there, he'd you know, I'd come back every other week or so, and you know, he would always regal me with with stories about the things in his elevator. I remember he had a picture of him with one of the Reds pictures. Got the name escapes me right now, but he had thrown back to back no hitters for the Reds Maloney, I think, I don't know, it's been a while, but it was a picture of Jimmy and younger standing with him, and you know, it was signed, and he was telling me all about that. And he had other pictures of of him with Pete Rose and you know, Johnny Bench and just other people. And he loved his Reds well, had all of red stuff from there. He was a big Reds as I was too, and still am. But he was very proud of everything in there. I remember he had to hate one of the things. He had a picture of of him at one of the at the World Fare in Chicago, and I forget the year, but I remember the picture was like a big tire. It looked like great, big, like videer tire or something, but it was a ferris wheel. And he told me he got to ride on that and it was it was really cool. It was like a postcard anyway, So got to know him. He would drop me off. Every every time I would get up on the floor, I'd go out the door. I'd go out the elevator and turn left and head down toward what was a big There's a huge glass window at the end of the of the hallway with a little bench and an old radiator there. Well, the door I went was on the left, right before you got to the window, probably hand feet away from it. And every time I go i'd hit in the hallway. Jimmy'd say that he had told me. He said, you know, be careful when you go down there, stay away from the window. And h He'd say, it's not safe. Okay, you know, So I'd go down. I'd go into the office and do my thing and come out, head back down, and you know, and down we go. Over the the months and in the year, we got to know each other and have discussions. Every single time I walk out of that elevator on the fifth floor, he would say, stay away from that window. It's not safe. Well, there was one particular day going down there. It was late in the afternoon raining, parential rain coming down and find a place to park in Cincinnati's not easy sometimes, especially during the day. You got to park blocks and blocks away. You have to drive around and start trying. You can just pull in and park real quick and then just run to where you go. So I ended up parking a couple of blocks away, I think, and I took off rain through the rain, got through the rain, and you know, ducked underneath all the aunings as I could. Got to the building and uh when and Jimmy was there and uh, you know, said hello. And as you went into the elevator, it was actually there was like a snack bar behind you that where they sold you know, cigarettes and candy and whatever. It was like a big high bar and there was occasionally there was a guy standing back there, but I never really got to know him at the time because I was in and out. Jimmy was like the only one I really talked to. Anyway. I went down there and and got in the elevator and hided Jimmy, you know, waters and I've got I'm soaking wet. He just automatically, you know, shuts the door and brings me up to the fifth floor. He knows where I needed to go, asking me how I was, and uh, he would always wait for me as as we would get out of you know, i'd get out of the elevator and head down there and he would just wait there for me to get my business done and come back and want to committed. Well. On that day, and we got to the top and I stepped out and there was another a ding, like a you know, from the elevator that went off, and Jimmy stepped back in and kind of looked up something. There were like buttons on the the elevator inside, and he said, oh, I've got to go. He said, that's somebody somebody else needing needing me. I'll be right back. So he got in, closed the door and took off, and wow, I'm going chills on the back of the end about this. I went down and went in and got rid of my you know package, and I came out and Jimmy still went there. So I was kind of hanging out and went and I walked over toward the window kind of carefully because I know it wasn't safe. I got there and there was like, you know, there's one of the old, big, old radiator, you know, like they used to have to heat things. I don't think it was even in use at that point, but it was more of a decoration probably, but it was, you know, it was still there, big wooden't bench sitting next to it, and then this huge glass window, and I kind of got up to it and I'm looking out and I'm watching the rain and you know, seeing the city and people are running around, cars going by down below. Brain was just coming down and I'm looking at this window. I thought, you know, what's not safe about it? Because it seems pretty solid. There's no way to open it. It was just solid black, like sealed into the into the side of the wall. Well, I looked down and there was another hallway that went on down to the right, so I kind of walked down that a little ways and looked there was another officer too down there, but nothing, nothing going on, no one in the hallway. So I walked back up and again looked out the window. Nothing, you know, just raining And thought to myself, that's it's kind of weird. I wonder why he always says it's not safe. And I started to kind of slowly walk back toward the elevator. And suddenly there was there was a bright light burst of lightning, followed by a crack, a really loud crack, and right after the flash hit, I turned around to look toward the window. Wow, it's yeah, I'm getting the chills, clear as a bell. I can see it now as clearly as I could see it then.
Speaker 2: And it sounds like that's the way I do with some of my especially my back eyed kids encounter I relived that every time I tell it. It's almost like ptsd WI.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. I looked down. I turned around and there was a girl standing then, kind of with her knees bent on that bench, wearing blue dress, looked like an older blue dress, and she looked at me and looked me dead in the eye. I mean I we locked eyes, and she she had this horrible, frightened look on her face, and she turned her head and went out that window. And I was frozen for maybe a second, and then I went running toward it. And when I got to the window, I actually threw my head toward it because I wanted I was trying to look out, and I didn't have this in the story, but I slung my head against that glass. Man, it knocked me. I hit it so hard. There was no way anybody could go through that glass. There was no way anybody went out that window. It was solid. I mean it was solid. It was like a double pane of solid, thick glass. I had said before, and I still think that if I had had a cinder block, I could have thrown it at that window and it probably wouldn't broke. And there was nothing. He wasn't down there. There was I have. I was just in shock, complete shock, and I was freaking out, trying to figure out what what do I do?
Speaker 2: What do I do?
Speaker 1: Would she go? What happened? And about that time I heard this thing behind me, And before I could turn around, I heard Jimmy running down that hallway. I didn't know a man that they could ever move his fabo. Next thing I knew, he had his hand on my shoulder and was pulling me back toward that elevator. Du pulled me into it, and I'm just just I don't remember what exactly if I said anything at that point, but he pulled me back in, shut the door, hit the hit the lever to go towards the bottom, and then just started shaking on me, shaking my shoulder going Terry. He just going, hey, hey, hey, you know, and about halfway down, I think he stopped. He just stopped it in the middle of some floors. And it was about that time that I came back to my senses. It was like I suddenly I was just able to talk and everything, and I started I started telling him really fast, just whether it was a girl up there and somebody jump have the window. Remember now, I'm just going and going, and he's going, Terry carry, It's okay, it's great, Terry stop, It's okay, You're okay. I know what you saw. And I remember him calling Terry. I brought me back to it more than anything else because he never called me my name. He always called me kid. It's always hey, kid, you know, see you later.
Speaker 2: Kid.
Speaker 1: Never ever had called me why my first name? And that that stopped me. And I looked up at him and he goes, I know what you saw. You saw, Gladys, didn't you? And I think I said, like what? And at that point he kind of he turned around and there was a little bench that was in that elevator with him. I guess we're you know, we'd sit down and relax. Well, he lifted the lid. He had like a little cushion, and he lifted up the lid and he pulled out this little book, a little leather book, and he reached inside it and he pulled out this picture and he handed it to me. I remember taking I ugh, I can remember taking it. And it was it was one of those old pictures that had like scalloped edges all the way around it, and it was worn out. It was really warm, you could tell you could. You could almost it was almost hard to see because you could tell it had just been handled so much over the years. And there was that girl, the girl that I had seen go out that window was in that picture, big smile on her face, just just looking at me. And that was when Jimmy told me about Gladys. He told me back back during World War she should grow in working there for for a little while, and they'd gotten to be pretty good friends. I Gladys had recently gotten married and World War Two I started and was in it. It was in its in its throws for us. Her husband. I'm not sure at this point if he'd gotten drafted or listened. I think he got drafted and went overseas well, there was a day when Jimmy was working, and he said it was a day very much like that day. It was raining and really dark for me out. I guess Gladys had gotten word either earlier that day or the night before, that her husband would not be coming home, that he had he had lost his life somewhere on a battlefield in Europe time during the day before any without anyone knowing. I guess she had went out into the hallway, went to that window, and before anybody could stop her, she jumped out and took her own life. I guess she couldn't live. She couldn't live with the fact that he would be coming home. As I said, Jimmy was working there that day. She hit the pavement, didn't die right away. I guess they went out and they tried to take care of her.
Speaker 2: But before.
Speaker 1: Medical services could arrive at the time, she she died there right there on the sidewalk. It was Jimmy, you could. I could tell it affected Jimmy a lot. I really think he was. He was in love with her to some degree. But he said, over the years, there are people have seen exactly that same thing, and he had seen it. He had seen her quite a bit. And he was okay with that, with seeing her not seeing her go out the window obviously, but yeah, that uh, that that was something that really that hit me. Another kind of weird thing in there. He he always well, I'm not a weird thing, but a little thing. He always, yeah, would give me offer me a butter Scotch life saver when I'd like i'd leave, you always go here, you know, have one, pop one and say thanks. You know, that day we got to the bottom, he you know, he told me the story. He put the put the back and to its case and back into the chair, and uh kind of tapped me on the on the back and said you'll be okay. You're you're all right, aren't you? And I said, yeah, I'm I'm fine, said all right. Well, he started the elevator up when we got to the bottom and I started the head out and he stopped me and he handed me a about a half a roll of letter Scott's life savers. You guys here have one to have these, so thanks, and he goes they were her favorites too. I'm I think I'm starting to tear here now myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and still to this day not only what you saw, but just the relationships you had with me. But what a wonderful memory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and there was more. There was more to it than that, you know. I I went I got back to the car, I headed back to work, and it was towards the end of the day. I went in and I didn't say anything to anybody. Everybody there were only a couple of people were left anyway, if that's true. Over the next few months I went down, I kept going back down. Didn't he here again, didn't ever have a feeling like she was there nearby. But one time I went down, I mentioned something about it. There was a place that he stopped for lunch called a Cropolis Chili down in Clifton, and I mentioned to Jimmy that, you know, I'd been there. He said something about, oh gosh, he loved those the beef and eggs. He loved the beef and eggs, which I which was my favorite, said, oh, those are the best in the world. Well, after that, I every time I knew I was going to go down there, I would stop at a Croplis and get him a beef and egg and a Bill pickle. He always liked to Bill pickle too, and I brought that to him and I gave it to him the first time. He was just it was beside himself. Tried to pay him for it, and I'm like, no, no, nope, this is this is a gift for your friend. So every time after that when i'd go down, i'd do the same thing when I could, you know, if I had the cash, i'd stop and pick it up bring it to him. Well, probably six months, eight months maybe after that, came a day that you know, I hadn't been down there, and maybe a couple of weeks made them and I had a delivery down there. I start cropolis, had the cash, picked up a beef and egg and he'll pick the one headed down toward the street. Well, I went in and went in and as soon as he went in the door or something felt something felt wrong, something felt different. Nobody was in the lobby, which is typical. But I walked down and I passed a little snack bar and as I did, I turned to go into the elevator and I had to shock on my life.
Speaker 2: Hit me.
Speaker 1: There the elevator was sitting there and it had like.
Speaker 2: Like a.
Speaker 1: Like an old uh kind of one of those old ropes like you had a theater, one of the old theaters they should be going in, and it kind of direct you in a que line. It was over the front of the door, and there was a sign that said it was out of service. And I looked into the elevator and it was. It was absolutely devoid of every button, picture, ribbon, everything. It was just an empty elevator and empty meaning no dream. And I stood there for a minute just looking at it, and I heard the noise of this noise behind me and the snack bar, and I turned around and this gentleman who I'd seen many times before stand there and he informed me Jimmy had passed away just a week or two before, and the owners of the building decided that they weren't going to they were just going to shut down the ll later and make everybody use the stairs because they weren't gonna they were going to continue continue running it. That was probably a safety hazard anyway, but they, you know, they they faught enough of Jimmy that they continued and you know, continued his job while he was until he wasn't there anymore. So I remember turning to the right and walking down to the stairwell, which I'd never used, walked up the stairs and went and delivered my package and came back down. Started thinking about, you know, all the conversations, all the time that had Jimmy, and all the things I didn't get to talk to him about. Got to the bottom, stopped at the elevator again and just kind of looked in. I was thinking about it, and the guy behind me said, you know, yeah, we miss him too. He was saying, like he's a part of us now. And I started to walk away, and I realized I still had that sandwich in my hand, so I turned around and walked back up to the bar, and I stuck my hand out and I said, Hi, I'm Terry, and I took his hand, you know, and shook and shook it, and I remember he took took my hand in both his hands and kind of shook me back and he said, I know. He said, I know who you are. Here was my name's Frank, And I said here and I gave him and said this is for you, and he said thanks, you know, And I turned around to just walk walk off, and he stopped me and he said live and he kind of reached behind the counter and he came up with a box and it was an old cane box. It was all ripped open and there were probably five or six rolls of butterscotch life savers, and he said, here, these are from you. They're from Jimmy. I don't even remember getting to my car and how I got there, how long it took me, you know, I I don't know. I just remember kind of waking up, sitting in my car and just Brian thinking about it, you know it what really hit me, which is really odd. I thought it was out at the time.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't know Jimmy's last name. I never asked him his last name. I didn't know. I just knew he was Jimmy. That bothered me, still bothers me at the point. Drove back to work at some point, you know, got there in one of my bosses. I had two bosses, Jim and Jim, instant individuals. I could tell all kinds of stories just about them. But one of the gym's was the only one still there. And I walked into the into the place and he was just kind of wandering around the building. You know, there's a different through the hallway and just trying to I don't know, just trying to come to terms with everything that had happened. And jim was sitting in his office with the door open, and I went as I went by, yelled, hey, Harry, come here, okay, and I walked in, you know, and I'm standing there and did you get on all the lovers and everything? I said, yeah, yeah, everything's fine, and he at that point he noticed I had I was still carrying this box of life savers. He said, you must have seen Jimmy, and he kind of reached out his hand as if he wanted one. So I, you know, killed one off and gave it to him and dropped down the seat next to him, and he was asking me some questions about Jimmy. But did he show you this picture? Did he show you that picture? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He goes, yeah, you know, we were talking about he was talking about what a good guy and that he known him for years down there, and uh. And then I told jim what happened, and we were both, you know, we're both put out, it upset, and I don't know. We we just talked a little bit about some of them. Jimmy had shoonas and everything, and I even asked him if he knew what Jimmy's last name was, and he said he did, but he'd known him for years and he was such a good guy. So I got ready to go and I reached out and I left one of the rolls of Savers on his desk, and I started to walk out, and he started to unloining the old you know string around it. I remember when I got after the door, he got Harry turned around. Yeah he's safe. Never heard him say those words before, never heard him again, and he just kind of giggled, kind of laughed and popped out, popped in his life savers in his mouth, and went back to what he was doing with a big his face. Yeah, Jimmy was a special guy. He really was a long time. For three times chat I went down, I'd still do the sandwich ritual and by a sandwich and bring it down to Frank. The third time, I think maybe third, maybe fourth time I had done it, Frank told me, he said, you know, I really appreciate the gesture, but I'm not really a beef and egg guy. I don't really don't really that. He said. He's more ham and cheese, dude. So after that I brought him ham and cheese. When I came down there, he told me the story. He said, you know the first time you gave me that sandwich. When I left, he said, he opened up. You know, they're wrapped in sulphane. He'd pulled the cellphone off and he sat it there on the counter and kind of looked at it and he said he just couldn't eat it. He said, he just he knew it wasn't for him, that it was for Jimmy. It was Jimmy sandwich, and he just didn't feel right eating it. So he said he wrapped it back up really carefully in the cell phane, put it back in the brown paper bag, rolled it back up, and just set it down behind the counter. Well, Frank Frank opened closed that building at night in the morning. At night, he was like the first guy in, the last guy out. The whole office buildings. Nobody lived there. It was just you know, he would he would open it up. He'd get smack bar going and everything, and then people would start showing up. Well, as he left that first night, he said he was just getting to leave and he thought, you know, I'm gonna I'm gonna give that same, I'm gonna put that sandwich in the elevator, And he said he went behind the counter and got the bag and just set it on the bench inside the elevator. Kind of laughed a little bit, and he went home. Said he got back the next morning. He's the first guy in no cleaning cruise or anything like that, said, he got he got in, he started everything up, got about his business, and he said, maybe an hour or so into it, maybe two hours in after dinner, he thought, he's remembered that he put that sandwich in there. He thought, you know, I better get that out of there before it spoils and get in to it or whatever. So he walked around the counter, went to the elevator, reached in, and there was no bag to be found.
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 1: He said. He looked everywhere, he looked in the garbage cans, he looked everywhere in the place. The bag was gone. The next two times I brought him the sandwiches, he said, he did the exact same thing with the exact same result every time. And when he was telling me about we both kind of started laughing about it, and I said something about, well, maybe I'd continue to bring beef and eggs down because I didn't want to offend Jimmy. Maybe he was still enjoying, you know, the meal. And I did that one last time after that, and soon after that I left. I left the business. The two gyms broke up their business and went their separate ways, and unfortunately, and that was it. I never never went back. I never found out, if you know, Jimmy accepted my final offer in the elevator. But I think he did. I in my mind he did he did, So that's it.
Speaker 2: That's what I like to think that he was enjoying that beef and egg sand which with dill pickle in the afterlife. Now, I do have one question, and you may not know the answer to this, but what happened to all the things that Jimmy had decorated the elevator with all that infan there, all those photos and things. Do you know what became of that?
Speaker 1: I have no idea, And that is like one of the biggest regrets in my life. I really really, if I could, if I had a time machine, one of the things I would do is to go back and ask that, you know, find the owners or fast Frank, you know what happened to all that Jimmy was.
Speaker 2: Take it down and throw it in the garden. I mean that was literally Jimmy's live blustered on those walls.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I would, I would. I can't tell you what I'd give for just one of those items that show you just to have that, yeah, oh yeah, absolutely, that would have been fantastic. But honestly, just just one thing, just one thing. Yeah, probably wouldn't have been the picture of Gladys, but maybe.
Speaker 2: But you never know if it was the photo of Gladys because you had that experience. Now, I'm curious. Does that building still stand in Cincinnati? You said it was like an one of those old Art Deco buildings of the marble hallways.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know. I've not been downtown in many years. There's a lot of construction area. I would not be surprised if that's If that's I need to go down, I really that's one of those things like the Park.
Speaker 2: Apartment building or for some cookie cutter bs, if they like to tear those whole beautiful places down and then replace them with that's that's such a great story. I mean it's creepy. Yeah, it's heartwarm. I mean, you hit all the bases on that one, my friend, Well, thank you.
Speaker 1: I it's you know, it's I don't know, it's it's Jimmy's story, not mine. Yeah, he was. I hope. I hope to see him again someday. I hope you read him, meet up with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, that'll be one I think. I think Jimmy will be waiting there on the other side for you. But maybe the Turtle Man too, with his missing fingers.
Speaker 1: I hope.
Speaker 2: That story. Everybody is.
Speaker 1: From that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody that's listened to that just loves my narration of it. And then they laughed, they cried, they were scared. It just it really hits just a whole range of emotions. There's such a wonderful story, and you've got another one that's even similar to that. I won't have you go into the full thing here. We're running out of time for tonight, but I'll have to have you back sometimes, especially after we get our book ready to come out. But the Smoking Ghost in the Delta eighty eight, that one, I've got that up on thirteen past midnight too, and uh, it's it's not as poignant, and it's touching or as scary as a Jimmy story. But that's that's a pretty creepy story too. I had an encounter, yeah, I talked about on Channel Lagro's Halloween show coming up about where I saw just a cigarette going down the road one Halloween night. But this was a ghost in the car smoking. And that's just that's a frightening story too. All true.
Speaker 1: Yep, ye we were talking about you were mentioning the spite in the ditch too. There's a there's there's one story. I'm still anxiously. I will hope that you'll narrate and praying the the days you'll you'll get to it of my father and I with an encounter we had with a with a creature I guess you would call you say I would call them the fae that that we both had on separate occasion. I yeah, I won't go into that story because I'm really hoping one of these days that we get around.
Speaker 2: I I apologize to get to it. I want to narrate everything you sent me and some you haven't sent me yet. I'll narrate those two as soon as I get them. But it's just it's the story that's along the way that you tell it. It's not the one where you guys are traveling in the r V and you're picking cactus spines out of your rear end.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that that's a long one.
Speaker 2: And you got to play some of that for your sister before she passed away. And I wish I could have had the whole thing done, but I was in a real state of flux, uh and not good situation in Oregon, and I was getting ready to get out of there and get to Uh. I'll the frying panted into the fire in New Mexico. But now that I'm here in New England and things that have settled down and I have, you know, a place where I can be creative and create and an atmosphere conducive to that. I want to narrate all those and if you'd like, we can put those in in the book that we're working on, and then I'll make an audio book out of it.
Speaker 1: There you go, that would be good. You know, I thank you m brings into life as your narration. One else in the world that I would I would rather have.
Speaker 2: Wow, I appreciate that. To my wife that you considered me a bullet and would take I'm sorry. You even told my wife that you considered me a brother and would take a bullet for me, uh, figuratively and literally. And I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 2: You're you're something else.
Speaker 1: I believe I would, I really do. You're a good man, Steve. I've I've You've meant a lot to me over the the last few years. Before before I heard you, you know, telling your stories and made a connection with you, I didn't really talk about my experiences and and just you know everything. I didn't really tell people about that kind of stuff. The only person I ever talked to about the paranormal things in my life was with my father, and he's been gone since ninety eight eight. I just, you know, you do you tell people something? You tell people things like that, and they look at you like you got three heads, You're crazy, you know? And you really are the person that brought that out in me, and A and A has enabled me to be able to talk about the experiences I've had, and that means a lot to me.
Speaker 2: I have such a loquacious style and just the attempt to detail I've recounted some of my experiences. I've had people say, you've got to be making this up because nobody can remember that much detail. But like you, it's burned into my brain. Yeah, I remember every single little thing that I've been able to recall while recounting these experiences. That's how much impact it had on me and on my life. I mean it's like a snapshot literally, and I can look at that mental image and pick little details out and it's just it's the way it was, believe it or not. That's my experiences. I know what I saw, I know what I felt, I know what I experience. And you're the same way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, yep, yep, I am you and I. You and I are very similar in a lot of ways, same age of the same life. Yeah, kindred spirit, I feel like you're definitely.
Speaker 2: Kindred spirit or brothers from another mother or something like that. We had definitely have a connection there and just some of the experience, as you shared. We had a graveyard that we played into. I didn't get to talk about that. It was from the eighteen hundreds. It was abandoned, and my grandfather when he sold that property that it was on, he told the person, you know, you own this property, but nobody owns the graveyard. So that just gave all of us kids free rein and we'd build a clubhouse in the edge of the graveyard. We didn't build it over any graves or anything. But other kids wouldn't mess with us. They're like, that's those crazy kids that have a clubhouse in the graveyard. Don't mess with them. So we were left our own. Devices had a two story clubhouse in there with multiple rooms and little ante rooms and things off of it. It was I wonder if that's still there. I never been back since I moved away from there, but I would have to see it any of that's still there. But there were old, old gravestones in there, and then some of them you couldn't even read they'd been there so long. But amazing place. Quite a great place to grow up and to have places like that, you know, the creek and the woods and all that, where you could have these fantastic outdoor advents. Yeah. My only sibling and older brother. He was seventeen years older than me, so I was basically raised and only the time I was cognizant, he'd moved out and married. God. I became an uncle when I was four, so I've had all those woods. I just I made my own fun most time, and that's I think where I get my imagination and my creativity was because I was I wasn't around kids until I started kindergarten, and then I hated every second I liked And still to this day, with the exception of my wife, I prefer my own company to that of others. Present company excluded too. If I ever make it to Ohio, if you ever make it to New England, we need to at least have a coffee together.
Speaker 1: So oh yeah, I'm I'm I'm gonna have to make a trip there. I've got family out there, little around most of them, to be honest with you, they're probably not. But I need to make the trip up there. I've got I've got advance in Lowell up there. But yeah, it's similar here to my My brother was fourteen years older than I was and my sister was seven, so I was kind of raised an.
Speaker 2: Only child too. Yeah, it does something to.
Speaker 1: Exactly as far as you need, you need to be created, You need to take a goal on a trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's some places in Ohio.
Speaker 1: I need to take the gold down there and some time and check this out.
Speaker 2: There was places that as a child we went through Ohio and my my parents were antique dealers, and uh, we'd go on buying trips sometimes Ohio and go to the state sales and things like that. I have wonderful memories of a rural Ohio and suburban Ohio and uh, I don't know if you ever listened to the belief whole, but they're from from some Yeah. Yeah, they've moved into a new studio and an old haunted house or something like that. I love those guys, and maybe we can all meet up sometimes and have a live stream or storytelling session or something.
Speaker 1: Oh, that'd be awesome. I know you you turned me on to them. I I liked I I like them a lot. At the train episode not too long ago, and that was really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm live. I live probably twenty minutes away from Waynesville, which is like they considered the most haunted town Ohio. It's it's a fun place Halloween to always do a ghost walk on the night and h and up to it. They'll have a couple of weeks we can go on ghost walks and things like that. It's it's got a lot of history.
Speaker 2: I don't love it. Yeah, yeah, I don't know, it's a boring yeah, the big cities the Yeah, of course, probably rust Belt now. But back in the day, you know Dayton, Uh, there was a lot of industry and things there, And I had cousins that left Tennessee and moved up there. Oh yeah, but I wouldn't know them if I passed him on the street. Haven't seen him since the eighties. But I didn't care for the city too much. I had had some times in Cincinnati, but uh, i'd have to make a trip up there. I was. I was looking here. There's a lot of halted locations up there right in Cincinnati, and I'm sure all throughout Ohio, but definitely be a great place to do a road trip someday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've talked to you can come come this way. I'll definitely take you out on the on the tour of stuff in the area.
Speaker 2: And when I lived in Oregon, you sent me out a care package one time from Ohio. There was some Skyline chili in there, and tried to send some crystals, but that didn't work out too well. But uh, I appreciate I did enjoy the other stuff you said. But Terry, we're just about out of time here. I want to thank you for joining me on this episode of Everything out There. We'll have to have you back again sometime to tell some more stories. And everyone abreast of the book that we're working on. We'll talk more about that off the air. Yeah, a lot, A safe and happy Halloween, and thank you from taking the time out of your day to join me here on this episode of Everything out There. People can find you on YouTube. It's the at Symbol Downtown Terry Brown. That's your YouTube channel, Tales of the Sonic Voyage. And I believe I'm the one that gave you that sober k. I gave you that nickname. I just I called you that one time.
Speaker 1: And it kind of stuck you are ye, yep, it's it has been used a few times in the past, but it's been many, many years. Yeah, but this I gotta I got to a point it to you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. Again, have a good one.
Speaker 1: The book.
Speaker 2: Indeed, we'll talk to you again soon. I'm Steve Stockton and I'll see you a little farther on down the trail. Have a good night.