Speaker 1: Gosh, Laurie is still on the bench.
Speaker 2: Still Self has his head up his ass so much. Hey Bill, Bill self got a lottery pick. You can play him. Just put him in Still you like defense, all right?
Speaker 3: I feel like that inside the paint, I know that this is your like twenty fourth show or something like that.
Speaker 4: Cam.
Speaker 3: I feel like your tenure on this. I feel like that this really doesn't begin. You're your tenure doesn't really start on ITP until you get a curb your enthusiasm intro episode of ITP when they blow a big lead on the road, Like now I feel like you're really Yes, now you're in doctor and now you're one of us, CAM, you get to experience the curb your enthusiasm caliber of loss. How do you feel?
Speaker 2: Honestly?
Speaker 1: I feel terrible, slightly dehydrated, mainly because I did Bob Huggins numbers after last.
Speaker 2: Night's game in Beers.
Speaker 1: I'm still recovering on that end, eating popcorn, ranting into a microphone that I bought off Amazon. Life could not get better or worse, you know what, It couldn't get worse. I'm in Chicago, I live in a closet. This is fine, especially because.
Speaker 3: Soundboard issues. Oh no, there we go, especially because he's your coach, even though he has his head up his ass, and oh boy, are we here to talk about it, because for the fifth freaking year in a row, Kansas goes down to Waco and loses two.
Speaker 2: And I believe he's father.
Speaker 3: Now Kansas started seven to zero and they are eight and six. Since, oh boy, does that sound from the year is that last year I hear? And potentially all the other years that have gone wrong in the self era. They start a bunch of games above five hundred and then play very even once conference play starts.
Speaker 4: And mostly Ryan, I've done some deep statistical analysis on why that happens, and the conclusion I've come to is that Kansas starts out by playing teams that suck and finishes by playing teams that are good.
Speaker 3: That's right, and that's they have lost six of their last fourteen games, and it gets worse if you take out the teams that sucked, like I think they get a Brown win in there somewhere. I think they got a Kansas State win in there at some point too. So you've heard of Oh god, even the wins were better. So we're gonna talk about Kansas losing yet another improbable choke job of a performance in Waco, and uh yeah that for about well eighty percent of the game yesterday. We were very excited to do this podcast for a different reason, and then we saw how it ended, and now we're very excited to do this show. As John Calla, Perry's Arkansas headshot is just littered all over these notes, because that's who Bill's self might be now in the Year of Our Lord twenty twenty five. This is inside the paint On Rock Chalk Blog, Curb Your Enthusiasm Edition.
Speaker 4: I'm Ryan Landreth, I'm Landon Fields, and.
Speaker 1: I'm a sad sad cam Landon.
Speaker 3: You missed the last show because you were painting. You were helping a friend paint a house for hours and hours on end.
Speaker 4: I was painted until one am, back to back nights.
Speaker 2: Oh jeez, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: I was going to ask you, was that less fun than watching Kansas blow at twenty one point lead in Waco? But I think it probably was much better.
Speaker 4: There was Taco Bell involved with the painting, so that maybe was still better fun.
Speaker 3: Whereas the after effects of Taco Bell aka the you know, the the very loud gas sound.
Speaker 4: Was Baylor scoring see in the second half?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, they scored sixty points in the second half. Okay, all about it.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, hold on, that was without three of the best players, by the way, go ahead and start there.
Speaker 2: I'm chewing on popcorn. I don't care, babe.
Speaker 3: Ah, here we go. Kansas forty Baylor twenty one. All right, great, great performance here. That's that's what we're here to talk about. Kansas wins by nineteen point Oh wait, let me second performance, bab I'm now getting the updated score. Baylor eighty one, number eleven, Kansas seventy.
Speaker 1: The billsoff out coach Joseph Robinett Biden or if his life deplines on.
Speaker 3: It twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: Joseph Robins Joe the coach of Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know what would ever make you think that he coaches. But I just got a text from my wife and it says, oh, I'MFG, you are so loud. Yes, because Kansas blue and enormous apocalyptic lead. Therefore the volume goes up. I can get louder. I don't care, I'll get louder. See she normally she normally works overnight, so she normally strategically avoids these shows. But oh lucky heard the off days line up after Bill blows the biggest lead in the history of the school.
Speaker 1: All right, Landon, tell me about what Johnson County divorce courts tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Kansas was really good for a half. They led by nineteenth the break, but Baylor needed just seven minutes to race that and briefly hold a slim lead, only to see Kansas settle down and rebuild a ten point lead with nine minutes left. It looked like maybe it was gonna be one of those moments where the lesser team makes it close but the better team still wins comfortably in the end. But no, we were not treated to such an outing. After that, Baylor went on a seventeen run to not just beat them Jayhawks, but beat them going away. This is a worse loss than the Houston loss by a lot. Everybody. The Houston loss might feel worse, so this feels atrocious. But Houston is a better team and Kansas was literally an inbounds pass or made free throw away from winning that game, among several other things. As we talked about, this is so much worse. Baylor is worse. They were missing, as Cam said, three of their best players by the end of the game, and they lost by double digits in a game they led by twenty This one was twenty one. This is this is terrible. This is one of This is one of the worst losses in recent memory for Kansas.
Speaker 3: That makes two, two losses that are two of the maybe honestly two of the worst, the two worst losses we've seen this team have in like five plus years, honestly, like last decade of Caansas basketball. The worst losses you can remember. Michigan is up there because of what a galactic kick job that was. Yeah, it's close, it's you're right, it's not actually wow old. When you think of the worst losses they've had, the worst team that they lost to I think in that stretch was whenever Washington inexplicably beat them at the Sprint Center.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: That was early in this season. And then twenty twenty one had a handful of ghastly losses with freaking Jalen Wilson blowing the layup with the Mainland and Lick made Landon rip his shirt off when they lost in Austin. But this honestly, quite possibly, the two worst losses in the last decade of Kansas basketball have come in the last eight days.
Speaker 4: Two of the most like what is happening losses, certainly, and.
Speaker 3: Like when you think of we've all discussed how the season isn't over with those losses, nor would the season be a success with those two wins, But whenever you think of the damage that you've done to a lot of things with those two losses, two games they had in hand and should have won and had a ninety seven percent plus chance statistically of winning both of them. At any given point, if you win those games, you're in second place in the Big Twelve at eight and two, and you're one game out of a league lead against a team that we're expecting to cool down a little bit. You control your own destiny for a piece of the title. You're probably a two seed right now, and you're riding a winning streak that would be eight of your last nine games would have been dubs with a handful of quality wins added to your resume, and instead now we're looking at a team that's lost three of the last five, two of those by double digits and the other and other worldly home collapse. They're losing games that we haven't seen them. I listened last week to the local radio stations that said the reason the Houston game was so shocking is because they've never seen a Bill Self team lose a game like that, which is true. And now Bill cooked up a hell of an encore by losing a game that not just Bill, but Kansas period has never had happened. They led by twenty one and lost.
Speaker 4: Camn it Bill. Yet, as you alluded to Ryan, Kansas's win probability hitting ninety seven percent one minute into the second half, they blew a nineteen point lead, build it back up to a ninety two percent chance to win. With the ten point lead at nine minutes, they blew that as well, of course, as it took three minutes from five thirty to two thirty to go in the second half for their win chance to go from eighty six percent to fourteen percent. And as you're getting at, that is something that Bill Self teams have not done. Not that they haven't choked games before, Certainly we have seen them do that. Not that they haven't lost games that they should win before. Obviously they have done that. But this is something that in now two consecutive losses, that Kansas does not lose games like this when they have teams wrapped up in the Big Twelve, they win those games almost always, and these are two times that just didn't happen. And I think that I think a lot of people are saying that speaks to the state of the program in the future of the program. I think that's an interesting conversation that we've talked about that some I think that's a little bit true. I think it kind of is a new and slightly gloomier day for Kansas, not just because it's loss, but I think based on the evidence of the last few seasons, two seasons in particular.
Speaker 3: I want to give Cam the floor because I know you got a lot to say. Somehow you're holding back. I don't necessarily want you to, nor do I know why you're holding back, but I will open by saying, you know, I take a lot of crap on the show when I make faulty predictions and landon you were on the last show when our buddy Cam over here said Kansas would go three and oh in their next three games, and I said that was idiotic.
Speaker 6: And so Cam dial it back and tell us her thoughts after watching you were well on your way to being a third of the way right and.
Speaker 3: Now whoa oh boy, what say you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean, at least Kansas doesn't have to play Iowa State a day later and home, and that's exactly what's coming up.
Speaker 2: And then they go on the road to Manhattan.
Speaker 1: Kansas, who just decimated Iowa State at Iowa State. Yeah, guys, I suck at predictions. DraftKings would tell you so.
Speaker 3: And he's winning pick up by a lot, and he's He's say, he's bad.
Speaker 1: Craziest thing I'm winning pick him. If you look at my bed slip history, you'll see seventeen leg parlays. You'll see Kansas money line, You'll see Kansas spread. I talk myself into it every single time, largely because Ryan's.
Speaker 7: Like, yeah, guys, like it's completely normal to blow ten point leads in under seven second two games back back in row and they'll be fine and you're were come, and I'm like, yeah, let's just go ahead and put our life savings on Kansas, because Bill self is a Hall of Famer that has a brain capacity of I don't know, Joseph Robin at Biden junior.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: Allow me to read a text here conversation between Land and Cam and myself at four thirty five PM, which would have been a few minutes into the second half, when Kansas is leading with yeah, nineteen to about eight. I said, they're gonna blow this, and Kansas says, and I quote, no way, I might launch on ku money line. Cam, did you back launch? No?
Speaker 2: I did not. Oh yeah I did that. I actually did not. No, I did not.
Speaker 1: I thought about it, though it crossed my mind the first time.
Speaker 3: My wife slept all day because she worked overnight each of the last two nights, so she woke up right around the time the game was ending to go to work and whenever. The first thing that she asked me was after she said, did Kansas win? I said no, they were up twenty one a half time and they lost. Said why didn't you bet on Baylor to win the game when Kaye was up big and half after what we saw in the Houston game, And I said, you know what, I'm gonna start doing that when Canadas has as a lead at halftime, gonna gonna start I have an idea. Okay, all right, I go as Cam would say, I'm gonna start whale bombing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shamoo, whale bomb whale play. But here, hold on, guys, what we mean to do? She clearly has more common sense than all of us combined. So we sign her up for a fan duel account under the name not Jerome Tang, and then she launches on Games launches and Jerome Tang gets canned right after Kansas blows a ten point halftime lead in Manhattan to go three and.
Speaker 3: Zero against his buddy Bill self in that building in overtime.
Speaker 1: And Doug McDaniel still can't read what Kansas sucks back to the podcast.
Speaker 3: Fourteen minutes in, and I don't know if we've actually said anything definitive. So I'm gonna give my take on Kansas and then we can start analyzing this game. My rational take is this, there's a lot of season left and they haven't had much of anything go right, which is the biggest reason they haven't is their their own doing. Admittedly, but here's what I believe as of right now, at the halfway point of the conference late, I believe Kansas is going to win at a higher clip in the second half. In the first half they have a much softer schedule. Theoretically, I believe that this team I'm predicting on record, Kansas is gonna win eight of their last ten Big twelve games. I think they're gonna finish.
Speaker 2: Fourteen and six music.
Speaker 3: I'll play the music in the background just to give you some just to make the eventual drop funnier whenever it doesn't happen. I think Kansas is gonna finish top three in the Big Twelve. I think Kansas is gonna win any of their final ten Big Twelve games.
Speaker 8: But if they don't, well, hold on, if they don't give me a second they don't, we are gonna point at and I think they're gonna be a three seed, and I think they have a better than the fifty percent chance to make the second weekend. But if they don't, if they just if things don't get better, if they stumble their way to another six and four in the back ten, lose another home game, stumble in the and fall into a four or five seed, and have an early weekend flame out again, I think that the thing we're gonna look at for this team is saying last year Kansas had a team that lost eleven games. They really struggled on offense, and they brought back sixty percent of that team starters, none of which could shoot the ball, and they expected it to go differently, and it basically was the same season twice in a row. I believe this team's better than last year's. I think this team has pieces last year's team didn't, and I still think there's lots of time for them to figure it out. I think you're seeing signs of it getting better, Like Ryland Griffin's been a more a much more utilized player recently fory but dooone gets a piece this team didn't have last year.
Speaker 4: I think because the situations, Oh we'll.
Speaker 3: Get to that, don't you worry. But if it doesn't happen for Kansas and so far to this point you're saying it hasn't happened yet. The easy thing to point at is they are the same team from an outcome perspective as last year. Hunter Dickinson post numbers but doesn't do a whole lot in clutch moments of big games. kJ Adams is a liability at times, Dwan Harris not being a score first point guard limits the team's offensive ceiling, and the rest of the pieces around those guys. Bill self hasn't figured out the right way to utilize those rotations. That's where we're at right now. They got a half a season to figure it out. Could they do it? Sure, I'll still bet on it, considering it happens more often than not. But I am not feeling too good if my life or bank account and Camp's case depends on this team getting it together in the last few weeks of the season.
Speaker 4: Okay, so let's let's map this out. You said they were gonna go top three in the Big Twelve, correct? I like where the season?
Speaker 3: I think Houston and Iowa State and Kansas will will finish one, two, three in the Big twelve and some order yes? Do you disagree?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So, well, two their they are going to play Mormon missionaries for the next six games, so they do have a very good chance of beating those teams well, not including Iowa State and Orky State. But then they have a stretch.
Speaker 3: Think they also get Colorado twice, which theoretically.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but let's let's game this out. So here's the thing. Are they're tied not to give spoilers for our epic Big Twelve standing segment. But here we go, By and Baylor are both currently six and four. Can Kansas be one game better than both those teams? Absolutely, they can be one game better than both those teams at least obviously at least a game better than both those teams the rest of the year. Right, Iowa State is seven and three. Can they be two games better than Iowa State if they beat.
Speaker 3: Him at home? Yeah, if they beat a home they beat them at home, they have the same record.
Speaker 4: True, and then they have to for them to finish top three, then they at least have They are two games behind Texas Tech, and there are three games behind Houston, who they just lost to in Arizona, who they will play later.
Speaker 3: They're in third. They don't have to be winning the iow State game, right, No, I guess they'd be fourth because then they Arizona and Tech and all these teams, all teams they play at home. That the extension of them, they don't.
Speaker 4: Have to be to be third. They obviously don't have to be better than Houston or Arizona. You could be right on that, But are they going to be two games better than Tech?
Speaker 3: The rest of We'll say right now, I predict Kansas finishes at or better in the Big Twelve standings than Arizona, They're going.
Speaker 4: To be three games better than Arizona the rest of the year.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know, dude.
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 1: This isn't the Kansas that we knew in the twenty tens.
Speaker 4: That's the thing. They're not gonna go seventeen and one, but the back.
Speaker 3: Half of the Big twelve schedule. I think should I think people who are penciling in twelve and eight in the final standings, I think people are underestimating how bad their back ten games are. I mean Utah, Oklahoma State two against Colorado, one against Kansas State. Half of them right there are bottom feeders. I'm not saying it's a lock, but I'm saying I would bet on that happening. If the other alternative is the floor falls out, I might be made.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're fool But.
Speaker 1: Right now, if you either choose this correctly or your left nut sack it's chopped in half. Does Kansas go fourteen and six or thirteen and seven?
Speaker 3: U between those options?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Those options, like, if you choose incorrectly, you were gonna speak be speaking in a higher pitch voice for rest of your life. If you're if you're right, you get absolutely nothing in return.
Speaker 3: I say they go.
Speaker 2: Eight and two. Yeah, you're dead. You're dead.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't die. I just have a higher voice.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't set the parameters of how the surgery works. There's there's no.
Speaker 3: Here in this scenario.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they go.
Speaker 4: Also, let's get let's game this out though. So let's say they have four games that are decidedly more difficult than the other six out of the out of the remaining ten games in the schedule, right, Iowa stay at Texas Tech, Houston, and Arizona. They do get three of those at home. But those are all pretty good teams to very good? Are they? Like, what's their record in those games?
Speaker 3: At least three and one? I would say four and oh if you ask me for a gun to my headpick right now.
Speaker 4: Absolutely no, absolutely no chance that they're going four.
Speaker 3: And oh if they had just not wander the Houston game. Are you saying that? Because then they would they like I don't know, Like I'm not saying this. Thea like ken palm dropped on one spot for that loss, Like there are problems. We will discuss said problems. But like I don't know, we've seen, we've seen.
Speaker 4: I do think they have They have a legit chance to go six and oh in k State, Colorado, Utah BYU, Oklahoma State, Colorado.
Speaker 3: But see that even at BYU game is tougher than Arizona at home. Maybe that sounds crazy. I don't know, We'll see that is crazy. We'll see.
Speaker 2: I could see that one a little bit.
Speaker 4: There's at least three losses left for Kansas I think.
Speaker 3: I don't it wouldn't be shocking, But I'm I think that they get a couple of games that, over a twenty game sample size, you have a little bit of those variable that are out of your control sway back your way, and they win a couple coin flips in the second half after losing a couple coin flips in the first half. It wouldn't It's just the law of averages. Like Texas Tech has been really good and they lost the pretty close game to UCF at home, because eventually the luck evens out over a huge sample size, like you see it happened. Look at Iowa State, which just happened the other day. Kansas State has underachieved. Iowa State has overachieved and smashed. Two things slammed into each other, and sometimes basketball happens. Well, see if they go twelve and eight, would it stun me? No, we saw it literally happened last year. But I'm still gonna bet on the team that more often than it doesn't by a lot, figures things out. The coach that's been there before, I'll bet on that happening when the alternative is something we've only seen happen once or twice. But I might be totally wrong. This team really might be cooked based on the way that it is comprised. That is five straight losses in Waco. Now see if that experiment that you just said land and if that experiment had involved a game at Baylor, that would be a for sure loss because all they do is lose in Waco, Texas five years in a row.
Speaker 2: Good job, Bill, All.
Speaker 3: Right, let's get it on the players. Uh, Cam, tell me about the bigs because I know this is gonna trigger some talking points.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fun times.
Speaker 1: Hunter Dickinson and twenty points, five rebounds, eight out of fifteen shooting. He did not score in the last ten minutes, n feled out and he did fall out. Kansas led by seven the last time he scored and promptly got outscored thirty four to sixteen the rest of the way. It's almost like he matters. Florida Badunga played just three second half minutes, leading me to promptly launch my phone Tomahawks style into Chicago street, finishing with two point zero rebounds in fifteen minutes. kJ Adams played a lot, which also led me to walk into traffic and then not get hit by a car. Sadly, he had six points, six rebounds and four turnovers in three thousand and thirty minutes. And everybody unleash your opinions.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, kJ plays way too damn much like this is this is ridiculous? Ye like, and Bill after the game is like, well, sorry, wasn't scoring. That's why he didn't play.
Speaker 2: Because he didn't play score.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's that one, flor Imagine again, dude, imagine basing an entire podcast on defending playing kJ Adams thirty plus minutes per game. Couldn't be me, but I'm not an expert.
Speaker 2: Was going to be failed.
Speaker 3: Here's supposed to m cam cam got our pre show in our pre show production cadet, but a little more subtleness to it. But you know what, that's that's okay, can.
Speaker 1: You I don't care anymore.
Speaker 3: I'm a very cool boss. I don't care what you say on the on the show. That's fine. Here's the thing with kJ. So we just got rid of We just got through a stretch where Flori started four games, right because kJ got hurt against Iowa State, Flory started against k State. Flori started against Houston, UCF and TCU those four games, and those four games he averaged they double double. He averaged eleven points and ten rebounds while playing starter minutes. And for some reason, you decide, you being Bill decides that guy he doesn't score whatever, just going through a stretch in four games that kJ has never averaged eleven and ten over any four game stretch of his career. I'm not sure if kJ has four eleven point ten rebound games and his entire one hundred and twenty five game plus career, and like, like, what are we doing at this point? Everybody gets it besides Bill self, And like we have the picture of John Caliperi, his Arkansaw portrait, and here saying this is Bill self in twenty twenty five, like what happened here? Did like he didn't. He didn't just become an idiot overnight? What is going on with kJ playing so much more that Florie? But noone is a better basketball player than kJ Adams, Like it's none of us.
Speaker 4: Bill self is so loyal, he is afraid to play players he doesn't trust.
Speaker 3: That's what why does he not trust about Flori? Flory is a better better, He's a better he might be a better posted because.
Speaker 4: kJ is safe. That's why kJ. He knows exactly what kJ is going to give him, and he will ride or die with what kJ is going to give him rather than go with the unknown quote unquote of Flory.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: Flory is a better basketball player than kJ Adams. But that is the logic. I think. I think that has to be what it is. We've and we've seen this throughout his entire career, that he will play players he is loyal to. Oftentimes that has not hurt them in the way that I think it is hurting them this year. It's not that kJ made zero plays. He did make some plays in this game, but like it was, I do think it was unbelievable that that he wanted to keep kJ out there for an entire half where it was falling apart for ninety of it.
Speaker 3: I texted Daniel Cunningham after the show. Those of you who were listening back seven or eight years ago, it would infuriate Daniel when Bill self would play Jamari Traylor and Hunter Michelson type players above the Sheck Diallo's and the Carlton Braggs, because we knew what the higher ceiling was with those guys. I remember trailer over Diallo being one that made a lot of fans wonder, what are we doing with this? But there were some excuses there. Diallo was suspended at the start of the year. He never really got his feet wet, and he wasn't nearly as he was much raw, and Jamari Traylor wasn't as potent, he wasn't playing thirty minutes a game. This is actually what that felt like. You have a guy playing twenty eight to thirty two minutes a game in kJ and it's costing your most rapidly improving player any playing time in the second half, and yeah, it's baffling. And then he gets up there in the postgame presser and he acts like the reporters are a bunch of idiots. First saying like, you know, why didn't you play for him? I go, He'll imply, well, who should I have played instead? Like he was what he's doing at this point, and we sat on the show cam. You weren't on the show yet. You listen though, Nick Landon and I pounded our fists and said the way that Remy Martin was getting treated was ridiculous, and they used that he's heard excuse And when we all saw Bill yell at him after he scored twelve points in four minutes in that exhibition game, Bill didn't trust Remy. He didn't feel comfortable with remy style of basketball, which was very good. Now, Remy, we exactly that. Then then we have that right, why are you bringing these guys in if you're not going to play them? Above the freshman Dwan Harris and above this version of kJ Adams. But Remy was so damn good, being a two time All Pack twelve player, a two thousand point scorer, that he overcame this and made the most of his limitsed minutes and then self realized, oh, he's our best player. He has to play. But if that season didn't end with the national title and most outstanding player of the of the Midwest Region, Remy Martin wasn't a thing. Then fans would be think about what we'd be saying about Bill Self if Remy didn't single handedly get that team to a Final four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just clicked with me that Remy was not playing behind freshman Dewan Harris. I did not even think about that.
Speaker 3: That is asinine and freshman de Juan Harris. Freshman Dejan Harris had strengths much like kJ has strengths, and a lot of the denominators were the same. Good defense, hustle, plays, tries really hard. But whenever you're keeping a guy and I'm not comparing freshman Flory Badunga, who has his inconsistency, he's not very good on defense. He fouls all the damn time. I'm not comparing him to a polished fifth year senior Remy Martin. But the underlying denominators are the same. Bill self is choosing to play a guy that he trusts that is a much lower ceiling over a guy that I think the overwhelming consensus of us think is a better basketball player, and it's dooming his team does Kansas win this game. If Flory plays more than caj in the second half, maybe maybe not probably, But kJ, like the thing that they're supposed to love about kJ is he he doesn't he's makes smart plays and then he leads him in turnovers and like, well he doesn't suit a lot, but when he does, they're hypercentede shots. As he goes like two for six, what are we doing?
Speaker 4: A great defense and a half where they gave up freaking sixty.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 4: Then there's that did not single handedly give up sixty, but like it's not working.
Speaker 3: And Dickenson. One thing about Dickenson, I have defended him as much as anybody on ku Twitter, but he's got to make plays down the stretch of games. I said at the beginning of that game. They need him. Baylor doesn't have a super strong backcourt or front court. Rather, and Omier had sixteen and fourteen starring in the second half, as Dickinson didn't score in the last ten minutes and he alway did. The only stats he recorded in those last events were fouls like that, and I get it, I get it, I get it. kJ plays the whole half that very frequently. Scott Drew's defense had two guys on Hunter. They made it very difficult for k to throw the ball inside to him. I get it, I saw it. It drove me crazy. But you gotta score more than zero in the last twenty minutes as you're in the last ten minutes, as your team is bleeding to death, if you're a fifth year senior All America, that really hurt them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's also the kind of stuff people have complained about about Hunter Dickinson, which is not all his fault, but nonetheless that is also that that was what I was talking about last year with Hunter Dickinson, is that he's not a guy that is going to just based on his skill set alone, which is not one hundred percent his fault, obviously, because he didn't decide to be seven foot one and and kind of slow. But he's not a guy that's going to be able to just buy himself create a lot. He's a product of his offense. He's a very good product of his offense, but he is a product of his team. And that's not a guy you can rely on in games like this a lot of the time because he is so dependent on matchup and on how other teams are playing him. Yes, of course he can do things individually, but he's not a guy you can count on for that because he's dependent so much on situation.
Speaker 3: How would you handle the minutes? Yeah, between these three players, like you can have up to eighty. I don't know if you want to play two bigs the entirety of a game, but how what would you do? And I know there's a lot of factors like matchup here, but how would you allocate these minutes? I think I would have Dickinson for thirty, Flory for twenty five, and kJ for about twelve, unless it was a matchup like Cincinnati where those serious quarity hustle plays are more important.
Speaker 1: Serious question, how many top coaches in America would play kJ Adams over thirty minutes per game minus Bill Solf?
Speaker 2: How many? I think early.
Speaker 3: I think if you could actually know that answer, it would be a shockingly low level number of coaches.
Speaker 1: It's not a knock again, Look, it's not a knock against kJ.
Speaker 2: He has value.
Speaker 1: We've said this forever, but you can't play him thirty minutes per game.
Speaker 3: You can't know he's like Mitch like twelve minutes a game.
Speaker 4: I think twelve minutes. He's the same, exactly correct, Ryan.
Speaker 3: He that's what Mitch played and we thought, you know, he had four points and three rebounds and had the hustle plays. And we argued at times Land and that that was too much.
Speaker 4: He's better than Mitch. kJ is so much better than Mitch.
Speaker 1: But okay, so fifth, like, let's say fifteen minutes per game. If you have kJ playing fifteen minutes per game on this roster, Flory plays, I don't know, twenty five minutes hundred thirty Griffin plays more. What is the ceiling of this team compared to what it is now?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's so much higher. It's so much higher, and I think it's higher. For sure, Ryland Griffin is going to start. He is going to start at some point. Bill self has to know. That's the offense that they have to shoot for in the NCAATE tournament. There's so much more versatile with him out.
Speaker 2: Why do you.
Speaker 4: Why do you believe that Bill self has to know that? But he's gonna play kJ thirty minutes a game.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 3: It beats me and and I don't claim proclaim to know more than a Hall of Fame coach, but it is baffling how he continues to do it and no one really asks questions that push on why exactly, Like it's bizarre. I think that the starting five is obvious at this point, even though I still think that, look, they have to start Florian Hunter together, right, you have to, but even that line, but then if you have Harris out there, you're still rolling out there with two shooters with five guys on the floor, and that feels like a recipe to get you burned. I still think the highest ceiling lineup and it's it's not aj Store because he just isn't it. But I still look at it and think, I think the highest ceiling lineup is at least three scorers on the floor or three shooters on the floor. And they can't do that, But so you got you can not but go below two three is optimal. But geez, it's just the team. Is that the pieces around him? He could be so good And let's talk about some of these other players here. Dewan was second in scoring twelve points. He also had eight assists in a team leading thirty three minutes. He was four of nine from the floor and missed all of his three struggle to the line. I some fans lump Dewan Harris and kJ into the same equation. I think Harris does so many more things that show up in the box score than than kJ does. I'm fine with the one playing. I don't need the thirty thirty five minutes he gets. I think Shaq Moor should eat into that. And self just isn't interested in playing Shaq More. This is the second game in a row he didn't score. He played just ten minutes, barely got off the bench in the second half, and Self was like, well, I played Coit and kJ because they were scoring, and Florian Shaq worns like okay, it's okay to sit Dewan Harris. Sometimes he's not a thirty five minutes a game point guard, Like he's not. He's also on a bump.
Speaker 4: What a weird arc for shack More like heard at the beginning of the year, didn't play, comes into the team, plays a little bit, then establishes himself as like borderline, a core piece of the team, and then all of a sudden it's just relegated to the bench when anything serious happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that is really bizarre.
Speaker 3: Based off what I've seen with this team. I would play Harris about twenty five minutes a game. I would add I would have the other fifteen being Shack Morre's time to run the show, and maybe you give Shack a little bit more, let's say fifteen. That's forty minutes. I would play Zeke Mayo thirty five minutes a game that's seventy five. I would play Hunter Dickinson thirty minutes a game that's one hundred and five. I play Forory Badonga twenty five minutes a game that's one hundred and thirty. I would play Ryland Griffin another thirty minutes a game that's one hundred and sixty. And then that gives about twelve for kJ one seventy two and uh then that that gives you about fifteen for Quoit, which is one eighty eight, and another twelve for AJ store. That's twelve. That's two hundred.
Speaker 4: I don't know how all the matchs will not playing a j store twelve minutes bro.
Speaker 3: Okay, Then then maybe you up the ones to twenty eight, maybe you up floories to twenty seven, and that eats into AJ store.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Cam tell us about the rest of the players, and then that whole conversation may make more sense.
Speaker 1: Sure, Zeke Mayo struggled, finishing with eight points. He was three for nine shooting, most of which were threes. He played thirty two minutes. Riland Griffin was really good in the first half, finishing with eleven points on four of a shooting in cleaning two for four from three in twenty three minutes. David quit at at eight points and a couple of threes and twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: A J.
Speaker 1: Storer had three points in six minutes. He was a non factor similar to the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: Sad Sadri.
Speaker 4: We love Zeke Mayo here, but dribble around for fifteen seconds for a step.
Speaker 2: Back guard three.
Speaker 4: It is not my favorite play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he also was rough on defense too. He heard him on defense a lot. He's a very good offensive guard. Defense not his real strength, which theoretically the rest of his team, especially if kJ never sits down, the rest of his team should be good enough on defense to off set that.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: It's not like every single player on the floor has to be an elite defender for a team to still be good on defense. But like Quoit and Griffin were really good in the first half and then neither one of them did much of anything in the second half, and look what happened. Griffin needs to play. Griffin needs to start. Like, I don't know what else you need to see to not think that Ryland Griffin, for what his talents are and what this team is desperate for, he shouldn't be one of your guys getting twenty seven to thirty minutes a game. He's not even a liability on defense either, Like, like that's the other thing. This isn't Brandon Green out there, who's snipping his own farts on defense. This is this is a competent player that started on a Final four team.
Speaker 4: Play him, agreed. I think he should play more.
Speaker 3: Not concerned about Zeke. Not concerned about Zeke quit will be fine. Griffin is playing more, which I like. And AJ sore, Yeah, this should have been the matchup for aj store right athletic team, long athletic team. Every one of Baylor's players really is like they're built like AJ store long and athletic, and he just isn't even close.
Speaker 4: No, he's having a really really bad season. I kind of feel for him in a way, but he should not play. I would not play him at all.
Speaker 1: Frankly, I feel bad for so I remember he's making like a million.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. It helps. Money is nice. Here are some more stats, and then we can just go off for a couple minutes. I guess this is the first time ever, ever, in the history of Kansas basketball, that Kansas has led by twenty points in a basketball game and wound up losing that game. That you go all the way back to the James Nasmith days when they built an instrumountable thirty two to twelve lead. They never lost one of those games ever. And Baylor not you know, losing a Baylor in the past has been And Baylor's good, they're a tournament team. They're they're fine, but like they aren't the same team we're used to here. They lost their lottery pick wing due to injury in the second half. You guys mentioned they already didn't have Jeremy Roach who didn't play, they didn't have Langston Love and they still made quick work of this. And yes, what Cam says about very very very very ancient times in Kansas is true. And now we're kind of dealing with the opposite of that. So okay, final kind of put a bow on this game. I know we talked about Kansas their future, talked about this team and whatever. You can look at it from two different ways. You can say that you know, suddenly Kansas has gone from being one of the lucky by the Lucky metric on ken Palm. They've gone for being in the top twenty in the non con to being in the bottom two hundred and thirty now. So ken Pom believes they're getting unlucky relative to the games they're playing. That doesn't mean that they're analyzing every possession. That just says considering the matchups and considering how they're they're ultimately losing based on win probabilities. They've had some things work against them in conference play. It is self inflicted.
Speaker 4: Obviously.
Speaker 3: I think that there's enough wins in the second half of the schedule for the record to stabilize, But I don't know if that necessarily means the problems on this team will be fixed in time to prevent another disappointment in say a tournament. But man, you like West Virginia, Baylor, and Houston. All three of those games were right there for the taking and they didn't. They didn't win any of them. They're zero and three and coin flip games in Big twelve play, which is a real problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is. And I think this team is just consistently inconsistent. I think there's a good chance that this is what this team is.
Speaker 3: Not.
Speaker 4: A team that will lose every game, a team that will play very well sometimes, a team that will will look the part, and then also sometimes a team that just really really won't. You saw that in two halves in this game, And I think that might be the team that Kansas is. A team that when they show up they are very good, and a team that when they don't, it's just it's not there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm right there with you.
Speaker 1: Nothing really good to add to this conversation other than if you guys ever eat popcorn kernels that aren't cooked, you're just mentally insane. I just chewed on a couple of them. Not recommended. Kansas sucks, all right, one parf.
Speaker 4: Of the road coach Bill Selth stubborn ass.
Speaker 3: So before we get to Big twelve games, Cam, you just told me a fact. But here's your bonus fact of the day from Cam.
Speaker 1: Yep, bonus factor of the day in case you guys were hoping this would happen before the NCAA tournament, just to enter hopes early. An asteroid in twenty thirty two has been ruled by scientists to have about a one percent chance of hitting the Earth. It's six feet it's not big. It's one hundred and ninety six feet wide, which is I mean, it's kind of big. I guess it's not big enough to cause catastrophic damage, but it's enough.
Speaker 2: Maybe it will.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, it is, depending on where it hits.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that's a city destroying asteroid. It sounds unimpressive in size, but two hundred foot size asteroids that as small as a house can destroy small towns.
Speaker 1: Sir.
Speaker 3: They hit the freaking surface fast if they don't burn up. And also, you said a one percent chance, would it make you panic if I told you that is more than twice as likely as Houston's win an Allen Field House with eighteen seconds left was and that happened. Yeah, that's been in stir beyond. Theoretically speaking, two of those asteroids would hit the Earth for every one Houston comeback at allen Field House. And we already got the Houston comeback at allen Field House. So wonder what's next. Well, boys, it was a bonanza of a week in Big twelve play this week. There are every one of these games, with the exception of Oklahoma States really well has a talking point three of these games and Kansas and Kansas's Kansas blowing the biggest lead in the history of the school is a talking point too. But in Ames, Iowa, something happened that has literally never happened before, which is a sub five hundred team beat a top three team on the road by a lot of points. Because Kansas State eighty number three, Iowa State sixty one. I'm what, what's.
Speaker 2: Just my jobbed?
Speaker 4: See when we get to this point, I do. I was silent on accident for a few seconds, and then I was silent on purpose for many more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know I was doing the same thing. It happened, genuinely, don't pouring one out for Iowa State's home winning streak is what we were all doing there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, typically when I will take it up. In a stunning and historic upset, k State became the first sub five hundred team to be the top five opponent on the road by fifteen points ever in the history basketball. Coleman Hawkins had seventeen points. Doug McDaniel added twenty, but according to a fake account on Twitter, he is illiterate. That was a funny. Uh. The Wildcats made ten threes. They forced eighteen turnovers. I Was State forced eighteen turno themselves. They also drew twenty two fouls. They still lost by nineteen at home. Their twenty nine game home winning streak is over. Curtis Jones, meanwhile, was four for fifteen from three, meaning he is squarely unpaced to be the Asian man making baskets with both hands. Basketball arcade game gift in Allen Field House tonight, that's gonna happen. I think he's gonna go like seven to nine.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably gonna be painful. And there's so you know that the whole logistics of a team being angry and fired up after a loss. Iowa State lost in heartbreaking fashion and then they come home and drop this turd. So I don't know how legit it is, but you have two pretty mad teams playing an Allen Field House on Monday night. Iowa State has only won here one since Bill Clinton was president, I think, and Kansas is not exactly inspiring. A lot of confidence. So yeah, I'm curious to hear what you guys think happens in that game. But this was a weird one Kansas State. We knew that the Ross had talent, and oh boy, it just came together at the right point. Can't wait to see Kanabis go out there on Saturday. Right, surely that one go bad. Surely, surely help. Oh this is my job. Definitely. Number twenty two Texas Tech eighty two, Number six Houston eighty one in overtime CAM another stunning upset on the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a gutty win for Texas Tech, who lost JT. Top And and Grant McCaslin in the opening five minutes via ejections because college basketball refs suck. They're responded by making twelve threes, getting twenty three points from Chance McMillan and tern In Houston over twelve times. The Red Raiders are eight and two. They are now a top ten team via Ken Pom. Houston had won thirty three straight home games. Also, the KU radio crew predicted post Baylor loss that KU will win there this year.
Speaker 2: How, I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: That did happen. Yeah, the not Brian Haney and Greg Early like the postgame show in the studio, guys said, I'm gonna make a prediction, kans is gonna win in Houston because our guys felt that pain on their home court. So they're gonna go down there and get revenge because apparently being mad that you blow a historic comeback makes the ball go in the basket against the top five team. Spoiler alert, they will not win in Houston.
Speaker 2: No, they'll lose by like twelve.
Speaker 3: Did either I was gonna say, all of his hand, this is me scrambling to the to the kiosk to bammer Kansas or Houston minus twelve in that game? Also, did either of you two see the JT topp and ejection legitimately maybe the worst ejection I've ever seen in my time watching sports. It was unbelievad I saw that it happened, I didn't see the exact circumstances.
Speaker 1: I didn't see the circumstance.
Speaker 3: He was passing. He threw a cross court pass, and his elbow went into the Houston guy's chest and knocked him down, and they called a flagrant two. They went to the model and upgraded a common foul to a flagrant two on a pass and Grant McCaslin. Just yieaded his towel into the crowd. Well, like, there's a shot of him during the technical freakos watching the ref screen of the replay of the call, and he just had had enough. Love that and also love how that team responded. What a cool, badass statement to lose your coach and your best player in the opening four minutes on the road against the top five team and then say screw it, we're gonna beat him anyway. Pretty awesome win for the Red Raiders. Like, can't see that team winning an Allen Field House right right right?
Speaker 2: Help me, I think, help me?
Speaker 3: Oh good? The dial lands on me here to talk about Arizona eighty one Arizona State seventy two. Did you guys see what happened in this game? I did, Bob, Yes, yes he is. The Wildcats did win the game. They're nine to one in league play. They had the final or they had the entire second half in hand. They won pretty easily, but major fireworks happened in the final thirty second. Caleb Love, who scored twenty seven points, got intentionally headbutted like just a cheap shot, dirty play with the clock running out. By bj Freeman. The refs responded by ejecting both of them, even though Caleb Love didn't really do anything. He's like, what the hell was that He's not he threw a punch or anything. Why would they get a call correct? Is the question here, of course. But then after the final horn, so Tommy Lloyd walks over to Arizona State sideline of shake hands, and Bobby Hurley just says, no, I'm not gonna shake your hand and sends his entire team to the locker room to skip the handshake line entirely. It says actually in the note certified bitch Boy, Bobby Hurley refused to shake down Lloyd's hand. Imagine being all of the clown that your brother Dan is with none of the NCAA tournament's success, because that's what Bobby Hurley is. Then the postgame presser, Oh, go for it.
Speaker 4: This is also rivalry games, though, you know, like, would you be saying this about Bill self if this happened at the end of a KUK State game.
Speaker 3: Well, but I think it's his postgame quote that really has people up in arms, because then he said he made sure to go out of his way and go oh by the way, like after his last question, I have a vote for the pat of the all Big twelve teams, and I can tell you who won't be getting my vote. And then he walked away. It's like, okay, you know, I think that I think the conference should the Conference should right there to make a statement out of it. They should say he's not voting for awards. Just take it away right there. That's nonsense, that's absolutely not Caleb Love is a twenty two year old kid, and you got a grown ass, little troll looking man that's terminally butt hurt because Love owned his team. I guess you can add Arizona State and Bobby Hurley to the coach k club of people who have to send Caleb Love cards on Father's Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bobby Hurley is the clown that Dan Hurley is, but with zero success except for beating Bill that one time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like four and sixteen against Arizona or something like that. Like they just completely own him and he acts like a joke, I guess. And then that was it for the interesting games. Oklahoma State eighty one, Utah seventy two. Landon a lot of people attended this game, and I saw a picture of it at that is not correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, according to the box score, was a seven thousand and forty people attended this game, Ryan saill lie so good to think a politicians said it. Yeah, hey, seem right. Doesn't seem right?
Speaker 3: No, I I saw a picture. There are not seven thousand bucks in seats, no chance unless half of them dressed up as empty seats BYU eighty one, UCF seventy five. CAM probo is coming and Kansas is bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kansas will lose. There will probably be forced to convert to Mormonism. A really good win for the Cougars, who got six threes from Richie Saunders and fourteen overall. Richie Saunders sounds like the name of a man from the nineteen sixties. Provo is going to suck harder for Kansas than something that I can't read in the next sentence.
Speaker 2: And oh man, I'm dumb enough to start reading it.
Speaker 3: I thought I had a chance Land And I don't know I would to put the odds at like plug three hundred on CAM saying that.
Speaker 4: But I thought that was a crazy sentence.
Speaker 2: Gotta be quicker than that. It is just like Monica Lewins.
Speaker 3: It's Also, it's it's not nearly as crazy as Kansas losing in provo. When Richie Saunders becomes the Asian man making baskets.
Speaker 1: Richie Saunders owns like five Kentucky Fried chickens. That's a dude that just owns a random restaurant like Chaine and just retires enough. He doesn't play basketball, Yeah, he's he doesn't play hoops.
Speaker 3: He's probably married with the.
Speaker 2: Guys on that team.
Speaker 1: On the weekend he does doc trading.
Speaker 3: Their senior day was so funny last year. I don't remember if it was Noah Waterman or Spencer Johnson. It was one of them that like as they walk out, you know how most of the time they walk it with their parents. One of them walked out with their wife and two freaking kids because at b YU they're like thirty six years old when they graduate. But it was a good win. It was a good win for them. I'll give him that. That's Cam heat something up in the microwave, West Virginia.
Speaker 2: That was fifty. You didn't say it, guys.
Speaker 3: I don't know about you, guys, but I am really tired of losing pickup points with Cincinnati because Javon small had nineteen sixteen more for Joe. Yes, THEFU remember him, including four for four from three and since he's barely shot thirty percent. There is now a law in place on this podcast where you legally cannot pick them because they are.
Speaker 1: Ass I'm going to pick them today.
Speaker 3: Colorado fifty seven, Colorado's OH to ten guys and TC. You didn't even play well and they beat him by double digits.
Speaker 1: I picked Colorado Colorado to cover. They're not even kidding.
Speaker 4: That was crazy.
Speaker 1: I know it was like seven points and.
Speaker 2: They do cover.
Speaker 3: They're they're not They're just bun.
Speaker 4: They are bad for so surely the sign of a man that needs hell.
Speaker 3: All the number cams.
Speaker 1: I call the number for everyone listening, guys. I put one dollar down, all right, everyone calm down, one dollar.
Speaker 2: I put one.
Speaker 3: Dollars me dialing the number to try to get Camson Dambling help.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna ask them for advice.
Speaker 3: Bet betting on an OH to nine team that has not won a game since before Christmas when they beat Bellermine. Betting on that team to do because there is straight psychopathic behavior.
Speaker 1: That means they're due, they haven't won, that something's coming.
Speaker 3: Sure, So Kansas is due to win Waco, then, is what you're saying? How'd that work out?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't. I wouldn't touch that one.
Speaker 6: So much.
Speaker 3: Other games. There's a lot here. Oh, we didn't do big twelve standings. Okay, we're gonna speed this up here. Houston and Arizona nine and one. Third is text Teck at eight and two in Iowa State right behind them, and fourth that's seven and.
Speaker 4: Three Kansas, b YU, and Baylor all tied for fifth, A six and four. West Virginia is five and five. U cf Utah k State are all four and six tied for ninth.
Speaker 3: No, but everybody misses TCU.
Speaker 2: Yeah, TCU sucks. They don't exist.
Speaker 1: Number thirteen, the Arizona state, Oklahoma State Throe and seven, number fifteen, Cincinnati two and eight, number sixteen's uh, Colorado, who should secede from the Union?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Ten?
Speaker 3: No, actually, cam there's a in very small letters after oh and ten. It does say in parentheses, but they're.
Speaker 1: Two after they're going to get one. They're going to get one.
Speaker 2: Just wait.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you heard it here you're Colorado Kansas game. Yeah, I was gonna say it's got a better winning at Houston, Colorado's last ten games. Tell me what the win is here at Utah, Houston at home at Kansas, UCF at Iowa State, Baylor, Kansas at k State at Texas Tech, t see you. I don't know if they're a win there, they.
Speaker 2: Probably make it's or by miracle. The sniping Houston at home.
Speaker 3: Da oh, I was gonna say that that's not the most likely team they're gonna snipe at home. Any guesses, as his head up asked, you just know that game is gonna be sixty one to fifty eight at the final TV timeout, like it's it's it's gonna happen. And that game starts at ten o'clock. By the way, at Kansas losing and Boulder at midnight on a Tuesday night or whatever. That is just awful. Other games, well, there have been a lot of victories in the history of college basketball, but I am not sure that there's ever been a sweeter one for one single individual in the history of the sport than what John Caliperi experienced on Saturday night, who brought his Arkansas Razorbacks into rep Arena as a nine point underdog and left with a huge upset Cam I did say in the last show, I sneakily like their chances, not enough to pick him because I'm a gutless coward, but I thought that they'd be fired up to pay for the play for their coach. They were due. Some might say Arkansas won eighty nine to seventy nine over number twelve Kentucky. The Razorbacks made thirteen threes and got twenty one points from Adieu Thierro. Should Kentucky fans have booed the purple coat wearing John Calipery, I say, absolutely not. Those ungrateful bitches.
Speaker 4: They shouldn't have. But I'm not shocked.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I like most these fans can't even read John Calipery.
Speaker 3: I'm all for booing a villain in sports. Like there were people when the Royals were coming off the World Series loss that wanted the team to give a standing ovation to Madison Bob Burdener out of respect, and I said, that was the stupidest crap I've ever heard in my life. You should boo the hell out of that guy. All in good spirits. Everyone respects what he did, but boo him, boo him. He hurt your team. John Calipari won you a championship and took you to four final fours. Well, how are you booing that man for? When people compared it to Roy Williams. How Roy Williams got booed by Kansas fans. Roy said he wasn't gonna leave and left. He left my Joyce. John Kliperry got run out of town. Oh, I don't get it. I thought for sure he would get a standing ovation and he got pooed loud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Teking fans are not they're delusional. Well, they're not known for class.
Speaker 3: Crazy, just crazy like and they got what they deserved. And Cal that team who knows right. I don't know if it'll start in an ascension to save their season or if they'll go to the tournament, but I guarantee that's gonna be. That might be Cal's favorite winever deep down.
Speaker 4: I bet so, other than the title probably Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wonder who he beat there, damnit, damnit, damn it.
Speaker 4: Bill elsewhere in the sec. Number one Auburn and keeps on winning as I got out of Ole Miss with a ninety two to eighty two win over number twenty three running Rebels. That's the name that maybe should be changed. Keeping placed with him at the top of the SEC was number four Alabama, who smashed Georgia, but incredibly up to third place his number twenty Missouri, Ryan, you were just a year early with Missoo. Gonna win twenty games for sure, I know it. They are six and two after absolutely dominating him for fourteen Missippi State eighty sixty one on the road.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: Last, the Tigers made fifteen threes, including six from Caleb Grill. They are seventeen and four on the year.
Speaker 1: Good team, Yeah, I don't know. It's it's hard to follow that up with anything positive about Missoo. A few weeks ago, Tennessee played one of the ugliest games in the history of the sport in a blowout road loss at Florida. The inverse happened on Saturday, as number eight Tennessee got revenge sixty four.
Speaker 2: To forty four over number five Florida.
Speaker 1: In this game, the Gators shot an unfathomable twenty four percent from the floor, which equates to thirty baskets out of fifty three shots aka j Adams playing forty minutes.
Speaker 3: That should be a tournament ban if you failed to shoot twenty five percent in a game in forty minutes that should be a tournament ban. The entire College Game Day crew picked Florida to win that game. By the way, I'm not quite sure what they were thinking, but that happened. Also shocking, Porter Moser beat a ranked team, which is even more unlikely than Baylor's comeback percentage. At one point the game was kind of similar to that too, as number twenty four Vanderbilt jumped to a thirty eight twenty seven lead on Oklahoma, only to be outscored and a Baylor runs over Kansas style seventy to twenty nine the rest of the way and yeah, somehow and lose by thirty Porter along with sister j oh my god, I almost got myself on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, nope, yep.
Speaker 4: Finally losing to Cam's ecstasy was number seven Michigan's Boys, who fell at USC seventy sixty four for the first Big Ten loss. The top of the Big Ten is now tied between Spartan's number ten Perdue, who needed a late Mike woodsoning to escape Indiana at home by five. Indiana led that game for a long time. I did not finish with the lead.
Speaker 3: I know somebody else who led for most of the game and wound up not being able to finish.
Speaker 4: Coach Bill self stubborn, oh man, Phil Rivers has never had that problem in one of his.
Speaker 1: All right, so quick, guys, who is leading the Big East right now?
Speaker 2: Anybody st John's when you know the answer? It is crazy.
Speaker 4: That was a game that was on at a restaurant I had lunchat on Saturday. It is a great game, great Providence.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did beat Providence on a buzzer beater to get a ten to one reg reg Oh boy league play. Oh, you can insert a joke there. They got help from number twenty five Yukon, who better not still be ranked this week and their win at number nine Marquette seventy seven to sixty nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Shaka starts gagging any time they have expectations. We know that. But Yukon being ranked in Arizona not is the biggest malpractice in the history of the AP Top twenty five. Seriously, I'm not joking. The biggest malpractice in the history of the AP Top twenty five. My theory on this is people are afraid Dan Hurley is going to shoot them if they don't rank them on their ap Toup twenty five, which heman not even the scariest of the Hurley Brothers. Number two Duke made quick work of North Carolina in a game that was, for some reason the College Game Day game. Not John Caliperi going back Home to Arkansas, not Kansas Balor, not Gonzaga and Saint Mary's, but.
Speaker 2: U and C.
Speaker 3: Duke. Oh wait, the reason is because ESPN has almost got myself again, which they do. They love Mike Krzewsky so much and they're not afraid to show it. The Bill of the Bills. The Blue Devils won eighty seven to seventy, and wow, we're just totally going off the tracks. The sins that I cannot say has something to do with this drop. The Blue Devils won eighty seven to seventy. Cooper Flag scored a bunch more points. They're firmly in control of the ACC after America's Darling's number twenty one. Louisvo lost to a horrendous something called the Georgia Tech.
Speaker 4: Gonzaga lost to Saint Mary's. Oh Mary, uh, they're gonna lose the wc C again. Ryan doesn't like Gonzaga and I was not stupid enough to almost read that.
Speaker 3: Well, it was close, Mary, though.
Speaker 4: There are three games behind Saint Mary's, which feels unfat. I thought was gonna belly. They are not really good game though.
Speaker 3: That was entertaining as hell. Yeah, Gonzaga can't get it done. Mark Fu. By the way, I said this after the Gonzaga Kansas loss. Does Gonzaga University not have a dental plan and their benefits package? Mark Few looks like a freaking yety on the sidelines when it is oversized shirts, just running up and down. He looks horrible. I can't believe that that man's the same age as Bill self. He looked twenty five years older than Bill.
Speaker 1: Sealth Bigfoot died so Mark Fu could walk in a straight line and Sandy Bill twice.
Speaker 4: And oh sorry, guys, I'm worried about my knee. It's just really that's why I can't try to walk forward.
Speaker 2: I have verdigo.
Speaker 1: It's why I'm walking backwards when I'm trying to walk forwards.
Speaker 2: Did DePaul win?
Speaker 1: No, they were a four point favorite against Seaton Hall. They better have Oh wait did they.
Speaker 2: Did they win?
Speaker 3: Wow? De Paul has two wins. I can't believe this morning.
Speaker 1: I just assume they were all right. The notes were on clear, instructions unclear that gens inside of toaster.
Speaker 4: They did get by six and sixteen Seaton, Hall and cam.
Speaker 3: You might say that's because a team that had entered with one league win in their last forty one games. They were just what happens exactly right? That is that the one dime that a team was due that you didn't.
Speaker 2: Bet on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, instructions unclear. I bet on Kansas.
Speaker 3: Ran James lose. Since the last time we did a podcast. Number three Iowa State tops the list this week. They lost to Kansas State and a what the hell's sort of game happened match up there.
Speaker 4: Number five Florida barely scored five points, barely made five baskets as they lost to Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Number six Houston lost to Texas Tech.
Speaker 3: Number seven Michigan State lost to conference rivals Southern California.
Speaker 4: Number nine Marquette lost to Yukon.
Speaker 1: Number eleven, the Fighting kJ Adams and the Bill South Dementia Jayhawks lost to Bailier for the fifth time in a row.
Speaker 3: Damnit, damn it, there's five of them for you. Number twelve, Kentucky lost to John Caliperry, who we have reason to think, well, I don't know if we think he's well endowed, but we think that he enjoys things that are for his sake. Good for you, John, Well, sure he sure showed Kentucky once and for all in that game.
Speaker 4: Number fourteen Mississippi State lost to We Aremazoo.
Speaker 1: Number sixteen Oregon, Oh well, there was something that just played the missoo drop. I assume Number sixteen Oregon lost to Fred Hoiberg.
Speaker 3: Oregon has lost like seven of their last eleven games, and they're still ranked sixteen or something like that. They're still like figuring that team out. Number twenty one Louisville lost the Georgia Tech, which I know that, like we all kind of know the ACC is bad this year, but there are some truly abhorrent teams in the bottom of the ACC, like Miami is like four and seventeen. Georgia Tech has losses to North Florida University this year and just freaking barely beat a that's bad, horrendous UNBC team at home, and they took down a ranked Louisville team the bottom of the ACC. Oh my god, did Miami win. Miami did win. They want a game and forever. They beat Notre Dame Landon. Who else would it be to snap a long losing streak. Miami has two wins since election day and that would be Presbyterian and now Notre Dame.
Speaker 4: They're just taking out all the dominations. Any give them any Baptist university to give them a win. Number twenty three got choked out by Auburn.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, old on dude, well played. I'll descend it here. Number two for Vanderbilt, who somehow was ranked lost to Porter Mosier.
Speaker 3: If if Yukon is still ranked this week, we seriously not trying to be violent, we have to fire bomb some of the houses of the AP voters.
Speaker 1: They serious, I'm not trying to be violent. I just think we should commit acts of domestic terrorism.
Speaker 4: On I just gonna say, I have to suggest to suggest domestic terrorism solution.
Speaker 1: Let's guys, what everyone show? Just please don't be violent, but just listen to me. Commit acts of arson terrorism and drop bombs on the houses of people that voting.
Speaker 2: Think about it, It's fine.
Speaker 3: Think about what's.
Speaker 2: Doing is it?
Speaker 3: Is it worse to firebomb some people's houses or is it worse to rank freaking Yukon?
Speaker 1: At this point, I kind of think the Uni bomber went to the max penitentiary for a reason.
Speaker 3: Well, sir, have you paid attention to the news? A lot of people are gonna be no, no, nope, nope nope. Also, all of our pick records should get all of us should get sent there after our horrendous pick them weeks, we are all seven eight Landon and I are duking it out at the bottom of the standings. We are Miami and Georgia tech as Cam is duke blowing all of us out of the water and his pursuit. I don't care a lot of people for being honest. Have you seen Landon's track record on the show? And you could say, I will give you bad season?
Speaker 2: How was that?
Speaker 3: I don't know what you're at. Rock Chalk Blog wants to know, Cam, what's your DraftKings?
Speaker 1: It's a site full of lies, hope, and sadness all mixed in one.
Speaker 3: Ask RCB, everybody start a ten minute timer, because that's how much time we have to blow through as many questions as you can. And we and we begin with one of my favorite questions I've ever gotten from at Dick Underscore Taser, who sent us a picture of a what he says is an uninhabited island slash Civil War battle site that he was doing a morning jog through and on the beach. He wrote, k U I t P and send it to Rock Chalk Blog with a lighthouse in the ocean in the background, which is super super cool.
Speaker 4: You heard chat super sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is legendary. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I sent that to the group chat and thought it was awesome. And he he asks, is this the oddest place anyone has ever listened to it?
Speaker 4: TP?
Speaker 3: And there are a couple of responses that say, well, I listened and on my way to work, and someone said I listened in Solina once, So we have.
Speaker 1: Some I want to think that there's someone out there that's locked away in a jail that listens to us every morning.
Speaker 3: I actually thought the other day, I wonder if anybody has, like in the midst of like a divorce worthy argument with their spouse or during like a a horrendous moment, had I TP on in the background. I I that as a thought that very weird brain.
Speaker 1: Fatal car crashes have occurred with me rantin.
Speaker 3: Noise exactly, Like, how many times have people hurled f bombs at the person that cut them off in traffic while listening to land and be like, you know what, that's fair and also that's and not to be left out. That's fair.
Speaker 4: It's happened, It's happened. I mean, I has been listened to that we know of.
Speaker 3: I listened to in a lot of places. I listened to all the shows back through and I've never been anywhere that remote. Like I've listened to it while cleaning my litter box. I've listened to it.
Speaker 2: Wall your.
Speaker 4: Little box.
Speaker 5: This is.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of them in this house, so I'm sure somebody could use them.
Speaker 4: To take a p in the litter box, Ryan, be honest.
Speaker 3: I have not. That was a so that was a Reddit question once it was and it absolutely blew up on Reddit where somebody said that they used their girlfriend's cat litter box just because they wanted to, and like asked the girlfriend asked Reddit, should I break up with him? And it was a long, long conversation that was pretty good. I think yes, that's psychopathic, that's something Dan Hurley would do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, gosh.
Speaker 3: All right, let's let's see how many of these we can do at Mayo Zeke Burner. The fit between kJ and Hunter is bad though they both work well next to FLOORI because they take the same shots, but they don't get offensive rebounds and aren't shot blockers. Next to Flory, both work, but next to each other not at all. Will Bill self figure this out?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Good observations, though in a lot of ways, Hunter Dickinson is just a better version of kJ. Adams like similar similar weaknesses, but has a lot of more strength.
Speaker 4: If by better version, that means like Wilt Chamberlain is a better offensive basketball player than me than sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, Land, and remember kJ was in there for his defense. Now, let's just see how many points they gave up in the second half. And oh, my goodness, well that must be because kJ didn't play very much. Let me take a look kJ. Oh my goodness. At AJ Stephens says, do you remember when Dewan Harris was dribbling the ball up the court and there was no one around him and he just lost the ball out of bounce?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I need more specifics. That happened several times. It's almost as good as the dribbling around all the time play, and AJ also says everyone used to say Bill was the best out of timeouts. We used to see lobs in light open shots. Now I can't remember our last elevator play.
Speaker 2: Is this AJ better than AJ Store?
Speaker 1: I mean ask questions, AJ, if you're listening, I'm gonna get you a pair of roller skates to send you to the fog and get your jersey.
Speaker 2: You need to suit up.
Speaker 3: It is a really good question though, because that is true, we haven't seen the out of bounce plays. And the answer is because Bill self doesn't have an athlete that can throw down those lobs and get the separation.
Speaker 2: Does six foot six? Well, I'm not.
Speaker 4: He does have the athlete. But you know, if you think about a guy like o Chai, who they threw a lot of lobs to. Ochai was a threat to do other things, but you know that K is gonna dunk or go for the dunk.
Speaker 3: And the way right, the way to to that Ochi got that space was because his man had to stay by the three point line at first because there was a chance he would shoot there. And kJ gets more than six feet out from the basket and his man's like okay, I'm gonna go grab Hunter's left arm. See if that works.
Speaker 2: It does? Yeah, that is correct.
Speaker 3: At J Actually at Jhawk Junkie says if the if KU loses to Iowa State, will they get booed? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think they will.
Speaker 3: Think they might if it gets like ugly or something like if they Yeah, fans are pretty pissed at justin ks to NYC, is Travis Goff open to lifetime contracts for the assistant coaches? So we keep this program status quo? Oh man, somebody's got it. Yeah at Elliott rus and Ah, I have so many things to say, but that would require an audio clip to be rational. While we've seen so many frustrating things, this team is still gonna win games. It just may not be preseason number one or final fourteen we thought it'd be. But also, Bill, what are they doing? No, Wonder Floor isn't going to return even if his draft stock isn't high. Yeah, you're right, I do wonder And also, Zeke Mayo liked an Instagram post today that a couple of people found that just it's by a KU fan page. It just says play Flory more in all caps, which is there? That makes me wonder what's going on beneath the surface of this team really.
Speaker 4: Which is also can be a problem in the nil transfer portal era because these guys like are basically mercenaries, which is fine, they should be allowed to transfer, but this is also sometimes what you can.
Speaker 3: Get at Hunter Ku. If Bill fails to reach a Sweet sixteen this year, does he consider retirement to avoid a Caliperi like situation.
Speaker 2: I've kind of.
Speaker 3: Wondered about this for a little while. I think Bill self will step away earlier than some guys did. I don't think Bill wants the fall from Grace and also with the health scare, and he's always said he's not gonna be a guy that coaches as long as Roy does. He's within like six or seven years of how old Roy was when he hung it up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he's within like three years of retirement, if not less.
Speaker 2: I also so too.
Speaker 1: I don't think he ends like that, though.
Speaker 3: He said, and the account also says if he does, who are K's top candidates to replace him? It has to be Nate Oates. They need to go to Natoates's house and threaten to firebomb it if he does not agree to become the next Kansas coach, because if they hire a coach, I yeah, I think I don't think Also Berger would leave Iowa State for Kansas.
Speaker 1: He's an Io Davis'll be free in April, has rockets.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, yeah, I haven't even I haven't heard anything about Texas this year or a Porter Moser. If they hire Porter Moser, I'm completely done. Yes, gets a call. Oh my gosh, I'm trying to think of who they would actually call, like would they would they want to make like an assistant the coach.
Speaker 1: I could see them, hope not they could, but it just wouldn't go well.
Speaker 3: At show me Hawk says the opinion that I think that they would.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, no, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I think you're in a little bit of a phone delay.
Speaker 4: I was saying probably, I was saying, I think you still have to make Scott Drew tell you.
Speaker 3: No, Scott Drew is not leaving. He didn't leave for Kentucky.
Speaker 1: But yes, I would, I agree, Yeah, I would.
Speaker 3: Boy at show me Hawk says, can you imagine if CBS owned the primary broadcasting rights for Big twelve football and basketball games? Mentions the music and the rotation of announcers. Uh, yes, I'm anything but Fran. At this point, I am, I am, I'm on Fran fatigue.
Speaker 4: ESPN has fallen. ESPN is not that good anymore.
Speaker 3: Because they because they went won.
Speaker 4: That is why you Yep, yep, that's the reason. It's not because you have mad Dog screaming about why the Chiefs are actually not going to be the greatest dynasty of all time if they win a third Super Bowl. That's not why.
Speaker 1: It's because woke Francilla, because they wanted people that are vertically challenged.
Speaker 3: Somebody on Get Up the other day said that Dallas should have hired uh Deon Sanders as their head coach because if they did, and I quote, then we would talk about him every day. Oh really, So that's what it would take for you to talk about the Cowboys every day.
Speaker 4: Not them existing and erect for them.
Speaker 3: Also, show me Hawk says, this team is so much more talented than last year's, but they have a very similar fatal flaw where they can't finish games. Yes, that is indeed the problem.
Speaker 2: And then at Cool.
Speaker 3: Understand Cool Underscorehand Underscore, Lucas sends three a video clip showing kJ Adams missing three consecutive plays actually, I think Dawant Harris is a hook shot on the third one, and this the score went from Kansas plus one to Kansas minus four in those three straight possessions, which means that the freight train that is the kJ Adams defense experience did not get stops.
Speaker 2: On the other end, the freight.
Speaker 1: Train went off the tracks and crashed into the Pacific Ocean.
Speaker 3: At audit at Audust underscore, Luke, what is your most optimistic vision for the season. What's the best case scenario? Uh, fourteen and six after going eight and two. Honestly, the best best case scenarios they go nine and one in the last ten, they get to fifteen wins, they get to they get to a two seed, and they make the second weekend.
Speaker 2: That's so sad here.
Speaker 4: It is shocking.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 4: The second weekend is like our dream scenario.
Speaker 2: You know, they might make a sweet sixteen.
Speaker 3: That the best take is the best ceiling is Bill realizes Flory is indeed better than kJ at v HILLZ three feels like Kansas is in an early similar situation to Kentucky a few years ago. Maybe not apples to apples, but a similar situation where the coach cannot seem to push the correct buttons one where the common fan can see they need to be pushed differently. It's tough to swallow. And look how that worked. Yeah, Kentucky started losing early in the NCAA tournament. I can't even imagine if that starts happening here.
Speaker 2: Six of the last seven.
Speaker 3: Damnit, damnit, damnit, damnit, damnit, damn it. Bill, all right, a few more to fire off here. We're going pretty fast. We're doing a good job. I think we have so boy, there's still a lot left. All right, let's move at show me Hawk. What sucks about Houston and Iowa State losing on Saturday is if they hadn't blown it versus Houston and Baylor, they're eight and two and right there with it. Yeah, Yeah, that's the that's These last two games cost you the conference race. They probably weren't gonna win it anyway with how many other quality teams are here, just based on odds. But if you win those two games, you're a real threat.
Speaker 4: And they did not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they lost at Das. Conscious was the bigger portal era self with Artario Morris or aj Storm.
Speaker 4: Aretario because he committed sex crimes allegedly.
Speaker 3: Hasn't played very well and Artario Morris hurt him worse because him what he did and then leaving Aretario Morris prevented another person from filling that roster spot. Therefore Kansas had nothing to replace him with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wish that was the only thing that Artaria Morris couldn't fill.
Speaker 3: A good way to specify that And MD forty four, why isn't the outdated system ever addressed? K he plays old school big man ball self prioritizes recruiting development of big men. Meanwhile, the guard play is part or worse. Look around, no winning program plays offense like Kansas. Look at Alabama, look at Duke. They need dynamic guards. They want a natty because of a dynamic guarden. Remy Martin self hates it. Bingo boingo. That is exactly what we talked about in the recap.
Speaker 4: It's exactly what we've been talking about for the last five years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome to the show. You get a contract.
Speaker 3: If Remy doesn't will them to that title. We're sitting here saying they're doing exactly with Flory what they did with Remy. They didn't play the guy who was clearly superior to the other guy.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I mean if if Remy doesn't win them a title, I think Bill selfas done after this year.
Speaker 3: At KMB thousand and two. Does the major donor class, which is more than two hundred thousand a years start with holding funds forcing major changes their headaches in the program because paying for heat transfers and never playing, well, it's not gonna last forever. That's an interesting point. We talked about this at some point. The donors are gonna ask questions, which is just a part of how this sport works because Bill Self and travel scoff have to go to the donors and say, man, really want this this AJ Store guy, but we need X amount of dollars for it. Then he doesn't play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's actually a really good point.
Speaker 4: Right, Or it's we need X amount of dollars for a Nick Timberlake type and then he's bad.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: The porter the portal, you had Zeke Mayo, who's who's been great. You had Rylan Griffin who has been good, but how much he's playing is a question. AJ Store and Nick Timberlake were a disaster and Artio Morris didn't get to the first game of the year. Those are their transfer and hundred Dickinson cost two million bucks to what the donors are going to see, put up a lot of stats and unless they do something, this year didn't elevate the team at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 3: And then we end with three funny questions about kJ Adams at Aleandro twelve. What photos of self does kJ have that we don't know about? At thh thirty thirty eight seven? Why does Bill love playing kJ so much when Flori is the best player on the team right now and only gets fifteen minutes? Because Matt rd Evans eleven says, did Bill or the Boosters pay kJ a crap ton of money before nil? And Kj's requirement is to not go public that Bill legally has to play him as much as possible. Yeah, And here's this funny I'll say one thing. So fans can be irrational a US included, we do that a lot. But I have never seen a moment with this team and all the years we've watched them, we're ninety percent plus of the fan base feels one way about something that the coach feels the opposite about. Like there is nobody well, there's one account, but there's almost nobody that's getting on Twitter and saying, no, guys, we need more caj like seriously, nobody almost nobody says that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's painfully obvious.
Speaker 4: Uh Ryan, are you ever gonna drop a like that style track?
Speaker 3: Do you want me to?
Speaker 4: I think that'd be really funny.
Speaker 3: I assume it's different than just you like that, like what Kirk Cousin said that one time.
Speaker 4: Oh you don't don't like that?
Speaker 3: I mean I do, but I don't like. Are we getting into that now in an hour and twenty five minutes?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, I just I'm just asking a question out of curiosity. We don't have to.
Speaker 2: Talk about it.
Speaker 3: I might be old Landon, I might be too old.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you know, we'll see. We'll see anyway.
Speaker 3: But as this Kansas team is showing us, every time you have a lot of experience in age, it always leads to excellence. If you ever have asked arcbs, use the Twitter hashtag what photos of Bill does kJ have?
Speaker 2: Dudes?
Speaker 3: Oh boy, see what's him naked?
Speaker 4: With his penis just right there in the photo for everyone to see?
Speaker 5: Is pay news.
Speaker 3: The rankings haven't changed, But why does it matter? Because we're all gonna die with the eventual heat related death of the universe. Number three Iowa Asteroid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome to the show, guys.
Speaker 3: That's sure. What chance for now? Number three Iowa State at number eleven Kansas, you kind'll probably be ranked in between them. It'll probably be like ten Iowa State at what fourteen Kansas?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: So they never dropped Kansas that much. Big Monday where Bill self is undefeated in his career at home. Let me look up Bill Seal's Big Monday record. I think it's like forty something to zero.
Speaker 4: It's really good.
Speaker 2: Neat up.
Speaker 4: Iowa State is also very good in general. They are seventeen and four. They have lost two in a row, but they beat Kansas by seventeen points like a couple weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Chris Jones starts now and leaves it to team with eighteen points and shoots thirty eight percent from three slashing wing Keishaw Gilbert averages sixteen to five assists while not shooting his ball from the outside and point guard team and Lipsey adds ten and three while playing all league defensive style is very similar to Dewana Harris, but as the thing is typing in the chat Ryan quote says he's actually good, is actually solid.
Speaker 3: He is he is good.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: The Iowa State front court is led by five man Joshua Jefferson, who averages thirteen and eight. He has a long, six to nine athletic, big guy more than your big, bulky shot blocking type, and he's very athletic. The Adams and Dickinson strategy will I wrote will be interesting. It may make us suicidal, but it will be something to watch. Milan mam Silievich is still hurt and figures to be out with the wrist injury. The Zyclones do have two centers that are six ten and six eleven. That is the Shawn Jackson who he saw play really well against Kansas and Ames. Then there's also Brandon Field who plays reserve minutes as well. God who knows, right, who knows what they're gonna do? What I do know is Joshua Jefferson, unlike Justin, Jefferson might win a postseason game in his career.
Speaker 4: Wow, we just watched these two play. Iowa State. Its strengths are getting high percent of shots, passing, forcing lots of turnovers. They always average more shots than their opponents because they get so many extra possessions with takeaways. They're thirty five percent three point shooting team that's above average on the glass. They also get to the free throw line as well as anybody in the conference. The weaknesses as of late have been three point defense and struggles on the glass. But with Kansas up next, that's a sure fix for rebounding and three point shooting. It does feel that way, it usually goes that way.
Speaker 1: Kansas is seventeen to one in their last eighteen home matchups with Iowa State. But most of his teams were good. And I can't read what I wrote next because I was open somebody else will be reading it.
Speaker 2: My prediction himself, I played myself hard.
Speaker 3: He unlike he thought that somebody else was due to read the sentence. Also, Bill self is thirty seven and oh at home on big Monday home games. There are three streaks that were that were just insane. At the start of the year. There was the thirty three straight conference opening wins. There's the thirty eight straight Senior Day and self, it's thirty seven and oh on big money, they can all.
Speaker 2: Your legacy bills already home.
Speaker 3: He lay then the only way, the only way that those streaks stay alive. Is you have to beat both Iowa State and Arizona at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that seems feasible for this team. Not at all.
Speaker 1: Here's my prediction. Kansas actually wins. I can't believe I'm saying this.
Speaker 2: Play the music.
Speaker 1: Kansas wins seventy nine Iowa Stage seventy three.
Speaker 2: Bounce back game for the Hawks. We kind of.
Speaker 1: Climb back on the wagon, only to get bucked off on Saturday when they lose to Kansas State.
Speaker 3: What do you think is more likely here? Okay, if I gave you four options, you have to get it right or you die by the ass, not really get right. Four scenarios here. Scenario one Kansas goes too and O this week. Scenario two Kansas goes oh and two this week. Scenario three Kansas beats Kansas State this week. Scenario four Kansas beats Iowa State this week. What would you say?
Speaker 1: I think Kansas beats Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: Great, scenario three they beat State.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that, Wow State. I think they lose in Manhattan.
Speaker 3: Dude, I'm gonna curb your enthusiasm my way and say they win them both, because why not?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 3: The you know, why can you know both.
Speaker 1: Iowa State own We've made it first full circle, guys, I will I will say.
Speaker 3: All right, I will go ahead and predict Kansas to win this game, and I will say this, I think you see Kansas play Hold on one second, let me get some background music for you. I think you see Kansas play well in this game. I think you see whatever this team's version of a we've had enough sort of game where the building's allowed and Kansas puts on a show against Iowa State and wins eighty to sixty eight. I think it's an impressive showing.
Speaker 4: I think Kansas loses.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think Iowa State beats them and makes it three home losses on the year. I think io State will win like sevty to sixty five. I think it'll be close. However, I do think after this KU will win probably like six or seven straight games.
Speaker 3: Wow. If they lose to Iowa State, they might get boot up off the court.
Speaker 4: They probably will get boot if they lose. If they lose, they will so if they.
Speaker 3: Trail it, my wife just started vacuuming. My wife just started vacuuming in the hallway about eight feet from where the microphone is. I guess that's my sign to either be quiet or get off the r be done with this because we've been going for an hour and a half, so we will quickly make our way through other games in the Big twelve. I think we have a pretty easy pick here. The last time we said that, Jerome Tang won at Hilton, Oklahoma State at number six Houston. I think we all want the Coops in a big bounce back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like twenty five point win.
Speaker 3: Baylor at number twenty two Texas Tech. How about this, give me the Bears on the road.
Speaker 4: Man, That is a pretty big emotional win for the Red Raiders. I will still take them at home, though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me Tech.
Speaker 3: Kansas State at Arizona State. The street's got to end at some point for the fighting Tanks. I say it ends against certified bitch boy Bobby Hurley. Give me the sun.
Speaker 4: Devils on a state.
Speaker 2: Give me Kay State.
Speaker 3: Arizona hits the road to play BYU. I think at some point Arizona's luck slows down a little bit. Give me the Coops at home.
Speaker 4: Same.
Speaker 2: I actually will pick Yu here, yep, give me BYU.
Speaker 3: Cincinnati at Central Florida done forever picking sinc. Fighting Knights at home? Sam yep, West Virginia at TCU, who wins in the Horny Frog Bowl TCU?
Speaker 2: Uh give me West Virginia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll take TCU at home. What the hell I don't know? Is Tucker de Rye playing yet? Is he still hurt?
Speaker 2: I don't even hurt?
Speaker 3: No, he is playing. Uh no, it actually says so the the Google headline says return of Tucker to Rye to the basketball court, and then you scroll over it and it says seems unlikely when you can see the whole headline. It got me for a second. So he is out. Wow, that team's still kicking it without him? And Colorado at Utah. Oh, I said, I'd never picked either of these teams. I might have to have stain not Colorado.
Speaker 4: That's my pick, not Colorado Utah.
Speaker 3: Are you really doing it?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 3: But he'll bet on it, but you'll bet on it.
Speaker 1: I probably will, allegedly will put like fifty cents I the game.
Speaker 2: But I do it for the love of the game.
Speaker 3: Let me get it, let me get it back. Come on, put this button. There we go. That's me dialing. Yeah, but I need to report some help.
Speaker 1: I think you know what's funny. Out of all the bets, I've made a thing. I'm up like seven dollars this year.
Speaker 3: Hey wow, what allegedly that could be worse. Number nine Marquette at number fifteen Saint John's uh never shock.
Speaker 4: And give me the Johnnies. Yeah, give me the red storm.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be nice. I figured this would be a rough show for you guys, so I'm giving you a freebie. Oklahoma at number one Auburn.
Speaker 4: Auburn by as many points as is allowed.
Speaker 2: Yes, yep.
Speaker 3: Number ten per Due at Iowa. I don't know if Caitlin Clark's playing or not. Haven't checked. I'll take the boiler Makers Hawkeyes.
Speaker 1: Iowa is terrible, but give me the Hawkeys.
Speaker 3: Number twelve Kentucky hit number twenty three, old Miss two in a row for who hmmm. I'll take the Rebels at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me old Miss.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Same. You can punch me in the face if I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: Number seven Michigan State at UCLA. Here's a spot. I'll take a team losing two in a row. Give me the Bruins to hand the Spartans or second straight loss. Sparty, Yeah, Sparty, Number twenty Missouri, who's flying high right now at number eight, Tennessee doesn't feel like a great style for the Tigers. I will take the balls, but I think that the Missouri is pretty legit.
Speaker 4: I do think Missouri's good. I do think Tennessee will win this game, though.
Speaker 2: Yep, Tennessee.
Speaker 3: And number sixteen Oregon at Michigan. Never Oregon.
Speaker 4: Give me the wolves, go blue wolverines.
Speaker 2: But yes, yeah, the wolves. What are we doing here?
Speaker 3: I try to abbreviate. Is that not what we say? People call them the j's sometimes.
Speaker 4: With the There's a much different thing than a wolverine.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, carnivorous animals, right, like have you I okay, let me google wolverine.
Speaker 4: They're not even closed.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's not at all what I thought it would be.
Speaker 1: That's are they are disturbing?
Speaker 4: Okay, they are very uh they are carnivorous and feisty, but it's very very different.
Speaker 1: They're they're well, always pissed.
Speaker 3: Sounds like us on this show. It will surely be better after the next game, right, right, please please please, as his I t P if they lose again, Oh boy, I'm Ryan Landra.
Speaker 1: I'm landing Field, and I'll be just as mentally disturbed.
Speaker 3: Hey, cam back on Iowa State now. So I won't.
Speaker 2: I won't. I won't touch that. Actually I won't. Maybe I will. There do you can get it?
Speaker 3: You get them bus three if you want it. All right, We'll be back later in the week.
Speaker 2: Yeh see ye closer.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: One Day Closer to Death GI Meteor twenty thirty two.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: I hope everyone feels so so uplifted after this episode.