Speaker 1: Five O five A fifty five RC beat talk stations. Happy Friday, Eves will work up, Yeah, pretty much start to show out with that every kind of every single day shoe Joe Strucker Executiveroducer at fifty five car Sea Morning Show with soundbites right out of the gate. Brian Thomas right here. Glad to be and thanks to when I made it a listener lunch yesterday Weedam and Brewery had a really nice time. And for those keeping track because I am, I lost cribbage. Mike beat me yesterday. Pretty violent brutal beating too, not to draw parallels with legitimate genuine beatdowns. Anyhow, congratulations Mike, well played skunked me actually anyhow, good time at Weedaman. Let me strongly encourage those who are visiting Weedaman to get have lunch or dinner as the case may be. The Schnitzel sandwich is out of this world.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: My piece of veal the size of a frisbee on what looked like a white castle sized bund. It's really good though. Anyway, I hope you're having a decent morning, Hope you can stick around all morning. Got some good things going on. A fifty five k see morning show again. Thanks Joe Streker for lining up guests. Beginning at seven thirty, Brian Ebold from the Help Squad. Brian'll be in studio giving us an update on what the Help Squad is doing over on the West Side helping folks in need. Steve Belso from the Climate County Veteran Service Commission on yesterday doing the same thing for veterans in Claremont County. If you didn't get a chance to listen to that, if you're a veteran in Claremont County, financial assistance in case of emergencies, they have a program for you on that. And of course that's what the Help Squad does. They provide a stands the people in need. You know, a woman who's been had to flee her abusive husband and needs a bed or something like that to help Squad can't make the rent payment for some reason, an emergency pops up your own life's margins the Help Squad. So we're gonna hear from the Help Squad at seven thirty. I love supporting that organization. And you know what, if you're looking to support an organization, you want to do some community work, some charity work. The help squad. Why not, especially if you're on the west side. Jed Harding's eighth five president of the Cincinnati Classical Academy. New things going on with the Sincanta Classical Academy. Jed's gonna let us know about this. What a wonderful alternative to your public schools. Well, they got a waiting line around the corner for that place. Traditional classical education is the way that a way children will have an education based in logic and reason and thought and inside. Jay Ratliffe, I heard me aviation expert, got a heapload of topics talk about with Jada thirty every Thursday with Jay Ratliffe. Southwest Airlines canceling more than seven hundred flights because of weather and computer issues. Also, I saw a weird article didn't really dive on in or explain much. United Airlines grounded their entire mainline fleet over what was described as a widespread technology system error in this morning's news. Maybe Jay I'll talk about that if he has any updates on it. Got a man caught vaping on board American Airlines flight and immediately claims he's the victim and a justice is about to be served. His words don't vape on an airplane. Apparently parents leaving on vacation have passport problems, and the solution they came up with apparently ignited as social media firestorm around the world. And finally Boeing has thirty two hundred workers walk out on a strike. How bad can things get for Boeing? So that, including a brief comment or two about hub delays, if there are any, is today a decent day to be traveling on an airplane? We always conclude with that with Jay Ratliffe, always enjoy hearing from you. Was we five three, seven, nine fifty eight eight two to three talk as has become the norm. Joe Strecker reviewing local crime stats before the program comes on, and yes we have another shooting. Yes, and it is in over the Rhine and it did happen last night, so we'll start with that one. And why not nice editorial comments too on the story here Joe bystanders shot and killed over the Rhine happened last night? Please say the shooting happened at sixteen thirty one Republic Street nine to nineteen pm. Officers got their thirty one year old woman they found shot in the back and they say she was not the intended target of the shooting. Apparently, the woman was a bystander who was shot by a gunman firing fifteen to twenty rounds from a vehicle. They don't currently have a suspect. They claim that there's no longer a threat to the commune, which netted an editorial comment from Joe Strucker justly said, when innocent people are getting killed, there seems to be a clear threat to the public. Good point, Joe, And you know, things like this just make me crazy because you want to climb into the head to the idiot and fired fifteen to twenty rounds from a vehicle into a crowd where they were innocent bystanders. What was that person's motivation? Were they really looking to kill someone? You let's go back to gang members and idiots firing firearms randomly. Thank god they don't have any range time or their accuracy would improve. But I suppose it's a flip side to that point. If they had accuracy, maybe innocent bystanders like this thirty one year old woman who got shot in the back, totally innocent, no connection with it, Maybe she wouldn't have been shot. I don't know what possible justification? Can you have to shoot randomly into a group of people? What possible justification? There isn't one, nothing based in logical reason anyway. Hey, yeah, I heard at the top of the air news they've got a sixth suspect now under arrest in connection with the brawl, the beat down. Call it what you want, violent attack in downtown Cincinnati. Aisha Devon, she twenty five. I reigned in charge with flordius assault and aggravated riot, taking it accustody nine pm yesterday by the Fugitive Apprehension Unit, according to police. Dvon the woman seen in the viral video wearing a white body suit stomping and kicking the victim on the ground. Speaking with Fox nineteen, Holly the woman that got the sucker punch of the face. I'm so thankful for police and everyone out here who are helping to save their wives by arresting these felons. Who knows how many people they've been doing this too, and attacking our innocent for god knows how long that no one even knows about. I feel blessed our loved ones are now a little bit safer. She should feel blessed a little bit. I checked the giftsen Go page this morning. They've already raised five hundred and sixty eight thousand, almost five hundred and sixty nine thousand dollars for Holly, So people stepping up to the plate on that one, which I just that warms my heart. Anyway, this I ushould devaon arrest comes a couple of days after police announce that they got the thirty eight year old Patrick Roseman. He was arrested in Fulton County, Georgia. So so far now we have six arrested and we'll wait and see what happens. Yes, the new curfew was passed by Cincinni City Council in a unanimous vote, and I realized that the new curfew is not going to impact the folks that were involved in the beatdown. Those were all apparently adults at least that's what's come out so far. Just one step in the direction of shoring up law enforcement in downtown. So I don't have a problem with adjusting the curfew as a measure to help improve the conditions in downtown, since they prevent these seemingly dangerous groups of youths gathering together and creating problems for the community. Anyway, unanimous vote changes curfew times and carves out special curfew districts. Initial cap on that new curfew now eleven pm to five am for juveniles citywide every day over the Rhine in Central Business District are now those special curfew districts, meaning the curfew for time for miners nine pm in the neighborhood's public places. Now there are exceptions in this. They find you and iles out after curfew. There's exceptions. An adult is present with the miners emancipation, which to me suggests they're well, they're sipated over the age of eighteen, So I guess maybe there's some legal declaration of emancipation if you're under the age of eighteen to fall within these curfew hours exercising First Amendment rights. One of the car outs going to or from work, attending school, religious, city sponsored or public organizations event that is supervised by adults, and there's your carve out for like midnight basketball, that kind of thing. Those programs could still be alive and well in spot of the curfew. An emergency traveling on the interstate, being on their own property or next door to their property. If a neighbor did not complain to the police and running an errand or task permitted by an adult. There's your car outs. Of course, since the police are going to be enforcing the curfew. And if a juveniles found to have violated, what's going to happen? Well, if the child refuse to go home or does not comply with the officers orders, police can detain them under detention. The miner can be taken home by police if there is an adult at home, or taken to the curfew center, which is described as the Seven Hills Neighborhood House. Now, if the juveniles taken to the curfew Center, Seven Hill staff will try to contact a parent or guardian to pick them up. If they're unable to reach an adult, they will be taken to the Lighthouse to Youth Family Services. And if police pick up a juvenile that has an outstanding charge, they're going to be taken to the Hamlin kuint Of Youth Center. So there's your guidelines. Now here's the development cord of the ordinances. Miners found out past curfew are given a misdemeanor curfew violation charge. Parents and guardians of juveniles who've broken a curfew will receive a written warning from police for the first offense, and after that, parents and guardians will be charged with a misdemeanor. City Manager sharing Eryl Long during Tuesday's Public Safety and Governor's Committee meeting said the Curfew Center will be open and running within a couple of weeks. So there's your new program in place, and so far as curfew is concerned. Bertie Moreno getting into the mix too with Holly's Act, which is an act he's proposed crackdown on some crime to learn more about that. Got a few callers online happy to take those calls as soon as we return for these brief words.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Box station, Happy Friday, e folks five on three, seven, four nine two three talk Pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Got a few callers lined up in the order in which they received, meaning Patrick, you're first out of the gate, welcome to the morning show, and thanks for calling.
Speaker 4: Oh, good morning, Brian, a longtime listener. I just wanted to make a quick comment. They're they're not going to do anything about this down in Cincinnati. It's pretty pretty evident that basically be a council down there is racist and I would say, if you're white, I would stay out of downtown. It's not safe. And the other problem is I had just moved from West Price Hill, had problems due to the subsidized housing that had moved in. And when you call the police, guess what, they don't come. They don't know. They literally don't come home. Was vandaled. It's it's just time to get out. The city's ruined, and it's it's.
Speaker 5: Not going to come back.
Speaker 4: We got pure Ball who's he's a globalist. He's got a different agenda going on. And we don't even know if these people that work down in that and that beat down, we don't even know if they were maybe even plants from saur Us, you know, paid agitators. But this place down here, the city down there, the city is not going to do anything. And you know how you can tell because Victoria Park's basically laid out the line she's a racist, and she just basically is telling all the white people stay out, don't go down, you.
Speaker 1: Know, with her comment about people they deserve that. I guess I can agree with your conclusions on that. I don't know that the vandalism and a home are obviously by Blacks. I don't know that you can necessarily say that unle if you have conclusive prove roof as to who did it. I don't know that those agitators are the people who issued the beat downhead any connection with George Soros. But that is not to say that George Soros and other outside organizations that are left leaning have not funded these protesters. We have plenty of evidence of that. Don't know there's any connection in this particular case. So I'm just one that doesn't want to jump to conclusions. But I understand your motivations for leaving. I don't know if we can just chalk off the city is completely worthless and hopeless and irredeemable. I've heard that before, back in the eighties when nothing was going on in the city. The city's dead. I remember Nick Clooney doing a commentary about that. Yeah, try as you want. No one's going to come back to the city of Cincinnati. So these pronouncements have been made many times over the years, and we may be able to overcome. We got an election this November. Maybe the city will wake up and change direction. It can be done. I don't want to give up on the city I really don't. I love the city of Cincinnati, and I don't want to just wash my hands of the whole thing say I'm never going back down again, because I am. But you know, this type of event may have the result of something positive. We're taking a closer look at it, We're talking about it, We're engaging in thoughtful discussion. That town hall with vbak Gramaswamy and Christopher Smithman. Hey, there was both sides of the aisle raising points and issues historic racism. That was the first out of the gate. The guy was talking about the injustice done to the black community over the years. He thinks, in some way, shape or form, this is maybe a this was a reflective of that. It's people's exasperation with living in a racist society. I don't believe that. I don't believe that is our society. But you got a whole bunch of people who have been had that pounded into their head over and over again. This is an irredeemable society. This is a systemically racist society. And you get convinced of that, you think, well, this is a worth Why am I even bothering? You might have resorted a brutal violence against you, the person you believe to be the perpetrator of every injustice that you've grown up with. Oh there's a white person, let's beat them up. I understand that mindset. It's sad, it's pathetic, it's tragic, and it's wrong. And maybe that's part of what's going on. Maybe it's something broader than that I brought up the other day. We grow up, I mean everyone has grown up in a perpetually violent atmosphere. Social media and Hollywood alone, you can't get away from it. People's reaction to any situation involves gunplay. Look at any Hollywood movie. They glorify violence. Parents don't take any opportunity to restrict the content young people are consuming, so they grow up it sort of trained the response should be violence at all times. You know. Look, I see it all the time. Yes, it's in a work of fiction. No, it does not represent real life, but the perception is that it does. So there's a component of it. We could probably talk for hours and hours, if not weeks and months, about all the variables out there that influence the hearts and minds of people, and all the subject matter or all the points that may answer the question of how this could possibly happen. Maybe, maybe, just maybe part of it has to do with what I just mentioned. Maybe it's something else, Maybe it's a collection of a whole bunch of different things. But I don't want to pay with too broad a brush, and I don't want to give up on the city of Cincinnati. I really don't. Maybe we can use this as an opportunity to improve the situation. There's an interesting opinion piece. Maybe it'll get to you later by Robert Woodson's a senior He's a black civil rights activist, community development leader, and president of what's called the Woodson Center, which seeks solutions for inner city problems. He did a great observation of the racial narrative that was involved in the beat down and what might become of it. So maybe we can get to that coming up. I see you are on the line. I always appreciate your calls. What amount of time because it went rambling five twenty five right now fifty five K see the talk station. I'll take that call as soon as we get back. Before we get to local stories, you can feel free to call to five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk or pound five to fifty on AT and T phones. Color Electric's got to spend a special going on my friends at Color Electric, who are great at electric projects. For all your residential electric means, call the folks with the right connections. And that's cull It Family owner operated since nineteen ninety nine, a plus with a better business bureau. Uh, they do all wiring projects. But right now, noting that code changes were implemented last year which have driven up the cost of service upgrades apparently by a lot. My friends at cul and say it's exponentially driven the cost of service upgrade. So never been a better time to take advantage of big savings right now in a service upgrade if you need one. You got through the end of this month to get twenty percent off your new service installation. It's twenty percent off the total job cost, which apparently can save you thousands. So power up your home. Sale means great savings on the service upgrade dis kind applicable to above or below ground service residential single family service four hundred amps or less, and it extends the break or panel of main service upgrades only, So enjoy a peace of mind. You're going to get with a ten year wiring warranty which you get for all work Colin does at your home. Reach them at five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two. More information online Cullen c U L E and Colin Electriccincinnati dot Com.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC. The stuff you should know, Guys, you should eh.
Speaker 1: It's Thursday. Happy one to you. Going over to the phones five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred starting with Jay, Tom, hang on your next Jay, Thanks for holding over the break. Welcome back, my friend.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, Brian.
Speaker 7: You know one of the services that you do is whenever I call in once in a while, you'll have a counter argument because you're a lawyer and I'm an engineer, and you you forced me to sharpen my argument. Yesterday I called in and said, hey, this this curfew in answering is an answer to the beatdown.
Speaker 1: Everybody that is being arrested.
Speaker 7: With that beatdown is like twenty some years old or thirty, and there's like no root cause, corrective action.
Speaker 2: Your point was, yeah, but it's still a good idea.
Speaker 8: And you're right.
Speaker 9: But but here's let me reframe it.
Speaker 7: This looks like a union negotiation where we have something happening over here. Look, you guys need to work a little harder, and they say, okay, well.
Speaker 9: We're going to come.
Speaker 2: We'll give up one vacation.
Speaker 7: Day which is which is unrelated, all right, And that's that's kind of the culture of what I'm seeing happening here. The lady you had on last week who talked about her husband who got killed in their homes by guy.
Speaker 9: Yes, what a hero.
Speaker 7: She framed it perfectly that most of the crimes are being committed by a very small number of people. So if the Cincinnati Police Department, and if the Teresa Thigi and if city council wanted to fix this, they know how to do it. What they need to say to the city. Instead of Okay, we're going to capitulate and do something we should have done a long time ago to satisfy you, we're going to do something for you. It has nothing to do with the beatdown. They could have said. What we're going to do is go round up the bad actors. We're going to not have them go in front of prosecutors and judges that have.
Speaker 1: A revolving door.
Speaker 7: We're going to lock them up, and we're going to get serious about that because the cops know who they are and we're going to go get them. That would then be something that I think a person like Hollie, if you're going to ask Hollie, how you feeling that, would you go back downtown because there's there's there's a curfew in place, you're feeling safe. Probably not anybody else listening or the caller they called in before me.
Speaker 1: It's an Etnach. I guess I'm struggling with again. I will point out the problem with if the teenagers has been an ongoing problem that they refuse to address, they finally addressed it, which is a good thing. I know that it's not related to the beatdown, but if the beatdown prompted them to finally address a long term problem, then at least it forced them to do something something about one of the many long term problems. And that's why I support the adjustment to the curfew. Maybe it'll work, maybe it'll get the news Sunce right, Okay, I know it's a distraction away from it. Look, we did something that doesn't solve the problem. I acknowledge that, but insofar as rounding everyone up, it sounds like that line from Casablanca, round up the usual suspects. We have a thing called probable cause. I don't know that they know who these actors are. I think her comment was more there's always a slice, a segment of the population that commits crimes. And that is true. The vast majority of us, thank god, are not lawbreakers. That doesn't mean that law enforcement can know in advance who this slice of humanity is if they've.
Speaker 7: Had incorrectly okay, incorrect That's what I'm going on. Yeah, you're doing good man. You're forcing me again to get more get a sharper argument. Whenever somebody is guilty of committing a crime and they got him, like the guy who had the ankle bracelet to cut it off and then killed her husband.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there should have been a word to law enforce. But the failure in that is the system behind the ankle bracelet doesn't work if there is an immediate alarm that goes off and an immediate notice to law enforcement to issue a warrant for the arrest of the person who cut their ankle monitor off. That needs to be fixed. And I think they're going to address that legislatively in Columbus. That's one of the things that was talked about earlier this week, and I think that's one of the things Marina was talking about. But that's fixable at least it seems from a technological standpoint.
Speaker 7: So yeah, yeah, and lock them up instead of an ankle brace about lock them up. Yeah, And then the reason we got here is because we voted Democrat.
Speaker 2: Don't vote Democrats.
Speaker 1: Keep to Tom, that's Tom Jay. I appreciate it, man. You know, I think locking him up is probably a good solution, but you might want to check about this space available in the limited facilities we have to lock people up. You know, we went with the Chu Chu train. That was Christopher Smitheman's point. Rather than creating additional facilities to lock bad people up, we got ourselves the street car, to the tune of five million dollars every single year. Tom, welcome to the morning shows and stole your thunder a little bit there.
Speaker 10: Tom, Did I even need to call him this morning?
Speaker 5: Took care of it.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm gonna repeat it anyway, because yeah, I gotta keep it short because I'm I have to start at convention Center today. So I gotta get all my cramp out of the book. So I ain't happy about it, but I'll just have to deal with it. So, yeah, we're in this position because we have people who are who are quote unquote running the joint who either don't know what they're doing or their agenda is is directly causing this problem, and that has to change. The problem is it's frustrating because you look at the people that vote and it's like, why would they change it? They they're they're perfectly satisfied and content with the way things are going. They got they got people that believe that society, it's our responsibility to provide basketball courts for kids to hang out at midnight. I'm sorry, I have a problem with that. If you kids gonna hang out at midnight, play basketball, whatever, But I don't think it's a taxpayer's responsibility to provide that you should be sleeping. Doesn't mean I can make you go to sleep. It just means I don't I shouldn't have to provide you in activity because you don't feel like going to bed like a normal human being.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I got a problem with that. So so don't vote Democrat.
Speaker 9: Have a great day, Brian.
Speaker 1: I think governments have been providing parks and resource versus for the general public for beyond my recollection of how long that's been going on, one hundred plus years or more. I mean, you know, prioritization of limited taxpayer dollars. Now, is it a priority that we provide entertainment venues for people generally that young people can use? Is it realistic to think that all young people are going to be at home and in bed at midnight?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I did stay out on weekends anyway, kind of late when I was young, with permission from my parents, we had a place to go, though not always without issue five point thirty six Right now, care see the talk station Jimmy Gair fireplace and stove, locally owned and operated. It's in nineteen eighty eight. Eight plus is a better business peer looking out for your safety, and you should look out for your own safety. You don't want your house to burn down. Who would want their house to burn down? Well, it's an easy solution to avoid one of the things that might burn your house down. That's a chimney fire. You got a wood burning fireplace, stove, self feeding wood waste pell stove. If it's a wood burner, you need need to have the chimney inspector to make sure your house does not burn down. Chimney fires can be deadly. So let's take advantage right now of the special going on the woodburning sweeping evaluation. It's only one hundred and sixty nine ninety nine from the experts of the Chimney Care fireplace in stove plus tax. Of course, certified chimney sweep is going to come out to your place video camera, inspect your entire chimney flu and make sure that well one one there hasn't been any prior chimney fire might crack a lining, they can replace linings or experts at what they do, but also a certified chimney sweep sweeping it so you are well. You have peace of mind when the temperatures finally drop to the point where you want to use it, so call them up schedule it while the special is still going on. Five one three two four eight ninety six hundred two four eight ninety six hundred Online find out all about Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove and schedule the appointment at the website Chimneycareco.
Speaker 8: Dot com, fifty five car the talk station.
Speaker 1: Station calls are welcome. Five one, three seven four, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three talks at five kersee dot com for podcasts. Great show yesterday. Thank you Joe Schreker for lining everybody up. Mark Levin, It's great talking with him. Is talking with him about his new book on power. Get a copy and listen to the podcast. Fifty five care sea dot com. Judjhpaulitano about the runaway Texas Democrats. Steve Belzo on that financial assistance program with the Clement County Veteran Services. Americans for Prosperity on the Protect Prosperity campaign right there. Fifty five care sea dot com pivoting over or stack a stupid here's one for you. Seattle police arrested a thirty three year old guy accused of wielding a knife, shouting racial slurs, and getting intimate with a refrigerator inside a trader. Joe's what Seattle Police Department, in their press release started out with, here are the cold hard facts, pray a little bit of levity, and that's exactly what they intended. Joe the phrasing button corn authorities officers showed up at two fifteen in the afternoon on seventeen hundred block of sixteenth Avenue after reports of a man threatening to kill everyone inside the building, using racial slurs, brandishing a knife at store security. Prior to that that escalation, the suspect had reportedly been caught, in the words of a security guard, quote humping a refrigerator.
Speaker 2: For us.
Speaker 1: Yes, you are right, judge tracker. He apparently did the same thing, or at least attempted to hump an unsuspecting customer as well. When confronted, he lashed out by kicking over a flower display and hurling apples as tradition. Apparently took multiple officers to well to subdue him. Man arrested a suspicion of fellowing harassment, booked into the king County Jail, and, according to the rap sheet, police confirmed he is a registered sex offender. What if I put a protective order out for refrigerators? Intimate with a refrigerator? Oh, let's go to Kruger's on Parsons Avenue and Columbus temporary clothes for police investigation. Because the suspect has been accused of biting off part of a security guard's thumb. Why are you doing that? Maybe we can find out together, Corney Combus dispatch officers. You showed up at about eleven thirty in the morning on August sixth report of an assault in a security guard where suspects are reported to a bitten off all or a portion of the guard's thumb. Security guard attempted to remove the suspect from the store, became combative and ended up on top of the guard. Guard attempted to push him off from the suspect bit his thumb, tearing off a chunk. This is from the Enquirer. Reporter Carl Barron is gonna give credit he put in that paragraph. The thumb is anatomically considered one of the five fingers on each hand. Hey, thanks Cole. Security guard had been working at Kruger's for thirty days had six to seven interactions with the suspect before the most recent incident. Portion of the thumb recovered by the response. Victim taken to local hospital. Suspect charge with flowing his assault, refuse to give have his mugshot taken, and refuse to answer questions. Carger store initially closed for investigations, that was later reopened. No immediate statement from corporate headquarters. Not quite sure what the legal department would say in so far as this is concerned. Hey, Joe, the thumb is considered anatomically to be one of the fingers, one of the five fingers five forty five five krcmpstation Odor Exit is That's a comment I would expect from a smoking gun type article, not just a regular article reported at Cincinnati dot com. Anyway, Oto Exit od O, r XIT no E otor exit dot com s or you find oto exit products which will get rid of whatever stench is bothering you. Smoke, mold, mildew, human odorpat odor, Skunk's ray, everything except the stench of politics. They got a product for it. It's easy to figure out which one you need by going to the website. It's easy to have it delivered to your front door ordering it from the website, and that quick turnaround on that delivery too. They really try to do it within one day. But if you need it today, you can't stand it a moment longer. It's sold all over town, and there's a search engine on the website. While you're there looking at the products, you can just enter your zip code and find out how close they are sold to you, and I bet they are very very close. So odor exit dot com where you fin all the information one hundred percent satisfaction guaranteed. If it does not eliminate the odor when used as directed, you get your money back. That's a firm, solid guarantee you from folks that have been around for twenty five years right here in manufactured in the Greater Cincinnati area. Oder exit dot com.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 6: We all remember that.
Speaker 1: One Jenn nine says, watch out for the fog this morning. We got a partly cloudy day in our hands, day with a high of eighty six, a few clouds over night sixty seven, the sunny datamorrow going up eight eight degrees, clear skies over night sixty eight, and a hot one on Saturday. It'll be drive all the way up to ninety degrees Right now sixty eight. Time for traffic from.
Speaker 9: The UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanterer from multicultural communities give the gift of mit become an organ downer or exploral living town Nation at you see how dot com slash transplant West Pound seventy four work proved left hand side near Montana South Pound twenty seven is shut down at Struble for the next couple of days. For roadwork, you have to use Strubel the generation to get around and police activity has Republic blocked off at Liberty chuck ingram Ont the five KRC Detalk Station.
Speaker 1: Five fifty eight fifty five Canorcity Talk Station five one three seven fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk time FI fifty on at and T fund. Feel free to call I got a comment about something going on in the world. You are welcome to do so. Without that, we're going to go back to the stack of stupid go to Minnesota. We have a woman who made the mistake of confessing to an automobile theft in her personal journal, which it up in the police possession. Has now been spared a prison term by a judge who put her on probation at a district hearing. A court hearing on Monday, Vanessa Guerrera thirty one sentence a connection with her April guilty plead receiving stolen property count carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison. She got off of the probation, Judge CHRISTA Jass find her five hundred or four hundred and fifty four dollars and barter her from possessing alcohol, drugs, guns, AMMA or explosives, also subject to unannounced searches of her person, car, home, and workplace. She had given up her Fourth Amendment rights for this. Charged last year with a theft of a two thousand dollars Ford Freestar van that she sold for scrap. Witnesses at the auto salvage business stated the Guerrera had brought the van in and sold it to them, according to the criminal complaint. While prohibiting probe and the theft, investigator Andrew Connecky visited the home of Guerrera's mother, with whom Guerrera and her boyfriend had recently resided. Guerrera's parent turned over her daughter's personal journal, which contained the incriminating handwritten entry in which she wrote, regarding the missing van, totally stole a car today, something I never thought of doing. Idiots doing idiot things. Because there is also adding f wording super freaking out about it. What UH has proor convictions for theft, pot possession, driving with a suspended license, and driving without insurance. Yeah, you might want to avoid incriminating statements. This is weird. For Los Angeles County residents have been charged with insurance fraud and defrauding an insurer for allegedly staging fake bear attacks on their vehicles and collecting insurance payoffs in court for earplimentary hearing earlier this week on bail out on four defendants waved the right to a speedy hearing led scheme referred to as Operation bear Claw, resulting an insurance company Bristol West Progressive and State Farm paying out more than three hundred thousand dollars in reimbursements. Four defendants arrest in November last year after investigators with the California Department of Insurance found their claims to be fraudulent. They claimed bear damage yes, the four legged creature with claws bear damage to the twenty ten Rolls Royce Ghost, the twenty fifteen Mercedes G sixty three a MG twenty twenty two Mercedes E three fifty. They sent video to support their claims, but apparently upon further scrutiny of the video, the investigation determined the bear was actually a person in a bear costume. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. Investigators even brought in a biologist from the California Department of Vision Wildlife to take a look at the video of the bear attacks. He said, clearly a human in a bear suit. In fact, that bear costume was recovered at the suspects homes by detectives who were assisting in the investigation. I know the claws are great. There's no way you could ever confuse this costume with a real bear. Yeah, it's a bigfoot costume. Shoe Uh, instant karma maybe. An American big game hunter gorged to death by a buffalo that he was stalking for a trophy kill after the animal ambushed him in South Africa. Millionaire ranch trader Asher Watkin's fifty two years old on safari last Sunday with a professional hunter and tracker pursuing a three thousand pound bowl in thick brushland bushland without a warning to the buffalo, considered Africa's most dangerous animal, bursts from the cover at thirty five miles four, fatally hitting Watkins and killing him almost instantly. H hunt was organized by Connorrod Wermack's Safaris, with reportedly cost ten thousand American dollars. These kpe buffalo, referred to as the Black Death, responsible for about two hundred deaths annually and kill more game hunters than lions, elephants, or rhinos or crocodiles. The late Watkins social media features trophies including a mountain lion, numerous deer, wildfowl, even boasting killing thousands of doves over three days with pals in Argentina. I don't know, but Joe says good riddance, and that's kind of how I feel about it, you know, I don't I'm not much of a hunter. I've been hunting for birds in the past, pheasant and chuckers and things, but you know, and down opportunities to go deer hunting and things. For example, it just seems to me to be, I don't know, you can be two hundred yards away with a high powered rifle and that animals just stand in their mind in its own business just doesn't seem to be fair. However, in this particular case, the animals seems to have almost an equal playing field, and the hunters, with wise wide open about the Black Death that he's pursuing, did this with full knowledge that well he could be the victim, yet another victim the annual two hundred people who die from these beasts annually. So you know, at least you had kind of a level or playing field. It's like going wild boar hunting in thick brush with a handgun. Joe suggests if he was eating the animals, it would be different. That's Ted Nugen's philosophy. Joe. If you kill it, grill it, just shooting it for a trophy. I'm with you, brother, yeah, I just that's not me. You draw your own conclusions to what you want, but sometimes it comes with risk. Five fifty six right now, But do you have KRS the talk station, Maybe we can dive on Robert Woodson Senior's commentary about racial relations after the top of the UR news directly directly spurred his commentary from the incidents in City of Cincinnati. Interesting philosopher analysis by Robert Woodson Senior. Let's stick around. I'll be right back.
Speaker 8: Today's top stories at the top of the hour.
Speaker 6: It's information that matters to me.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six o five, Tell them about fifty six. I think you've on krsee the talk station. Hope you're having a great Friday Eve, stay around all morning if you can. Brian Ibold is going to return to the program from the Help Squad helping folks in need on the West Side. Great charity. Brian's organizes hard work and you can help out the Help Squad make a donation help them with their efforts. Gun Brian's gonna give us an update on the work they've been doing at seven p thirty, follow by eight oh five with jedhart Arding. He is the president of the Cincinnti Classical Academy. Classical education is alive and well with the Cincinnti Classical Academy. We're get an update on what's going on at the Cincinnti Classical Academy from Jeded eighth five Jay Ratliffe. Every Thursday at eight thirty I heard media Aviation Expert. We got to heapload of topics to go over with Jay this morning, and some of them rather interesting and comical. Love end in the segment with Jay on a Thursday five on three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five to fifty on AT and T phones before I dive on into that opinion piece. Just Dereker quickly observed, he gives it, Wait a minute, there's a carve out for exercising First Amendment rights under the curfew changes yesterday, and yeah there is, so I read about that last hour. Joe wonders if that's a workaround. He said, all the teens have to do is just have a sign with them. What are you protesting? Naturally the curfew. I think that's a legitimate workaround. Now, that does not allow you to get engage in violent or criminal activity. Going back to the point I made when you had that counsel and say that these people deserve to beat down oh First Amendment. Don't yell fire in a crowded building. You face consequences to that. No, that does not free you up to engage your criminal activity, exercising your First Amendment right, Fine, but if the teenagers start committing criminal acts, then they'll be arrested in spite of them be them exercising the First Amendment activity. It's whatever brought them together, doesn't matter, it's what they did when they got there. Let's jump over to the phones before I dive onto that op ed Steve, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 12: Yeah, maybe some organization can print up cards like they were doing with illegal immigrants, so they knew exactly what to say to immigration during the Biden administration, so you would be turned free. That sounds like something they might want to do. Just well, this is what you say and then.
Speaker 2: They let you go.
Speaker 1: Steve, you know what people are free to do. That that would be also an exercise of the First Amendment right explaining someone what the law is and how to deal with law enforcement if you have interaction with law enforcement. Here's the laws on the books. Make sure you know your rights ahead of time. Was it the class you said, know your rights? The future is unwritten.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Two comical comments before I solved the city's problem, which could be solved very easily. The comical ones. Uh, you had the person what in the that thought they were being attacked by a bear and it was somebody in a dressed up like a bear. And that clicked something in my head, and I picked up the iPad and went to YouTube. There's about a minute and a half skit from Monty Python and it shows an African lion like from a Tarzan movie, jumping at a guy and in fact it's Michael Palin and then he is fighting a man obviously dressed. I mean, it's supposed to be fun, it's supposed to look very fake, and it looks very fake. And in fact, at one point the lion picks up a knife and he's got a knife and they're like an so, but I mean at no point that I think it was really a lion. But maybe this person thought they were being attacked by bear whatever. But Okay, the other comical one. I noticed Joe Strecker yesterday when there was a comment and you might not remember this because you cover a million topics, and it was like in the in the news update, one of their little things like if you drank five cups of coffee or more a day, it affects your hearing. And I was like, what what what was that? But and he actually reacted to that, So I'm under the impression he drinks about fifty cups of coffee a day. So some something that might come from working twenty hours a day.
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 12: Here's how you solve the city's problem. And I heard this and it works for any city. But they said in New York City, ninety percent of the violent crimes are committed by the same one thousand people, and they just keep arresting them and turning it. Yeah, you keep interacting with the same people. Really easy to solve the problem, and you never really hear about it until they push somebody in front of a subway car and it's like, oh wow, he was arrested in five times before all it takes is a serious prosecute or crime comes to pretty much uh dead stop. Yeah, not hard to solve the problem that gets curious.
Speaker 1: About doing your job, just like they did in the old days they had. Yeah, that's exactly right. That's the liberal attitude though, is we shouldn't subject people to the criminal justice system. The reason they're involved with the criminal justice system because we live in an inherently racist society, which led them to commit the violent acts that they've got arrested for, like pushing someone on the subway train in front of a subway train, As if that is a legitimate response to system systemic racism or whatever hardship has befallen whatever community that led them and forced them to engage in criminals. I think it's a preposterous suggestion, of course, but yeah, if you don't have rep repercussions. It's just like, you know, a family that doesn't care what their kids are doing out in the middle of the night. You got a teenager that's running amuck. You don't have any discipline in your home, they're going to run amuck. The core of discipline, and I know in my lifetime came from my mom and dad there were going to be repercussions. It kept your nose clean, It kept you out of getting in trouble. Not one hundred percent. We, you know, as the teenagers my crew in the neighborhood aren't free from you know, guilt and responsibility for some things. But we sure as hell weren't running around with firearms shooting randomly into crowds of people. We weren't out stealing things. We weren't carjacking cars. That kind of thing never would enter into our mind, not only because we had a law enforcement system which have held us accountable. Officer Scarborough of the Del High Police Department who tend to hang around our area for some reason. I think he had it out from my neighborhood. He would swing by rather regularly, so we had the fear of being brought before a judge being you know, cited for some violation, so that you know, nobody wants to go to jail, nobody wants a record. Getting a record actually meant something back then. But you had the corollary problem, You're gonna get in trouble with your parents and there could be repercussions for that. You know. That's the point of having a criminal justice system or a system of rules and regulations within any household that you're expected to follow. It creates like character. You know, I just yes, enforce the law. That's kind of what Bernie Marino was talking about yesterday, introduced what he's he is introducing, proposed to introduce what he's now calling Holly's Act after of course, the woman that was violently attacked by that mob, he said press conference yesterday after a meeting with city officials, FBI Special Agent in charge. Yes, the FBI is looking into this as a potential hate crime. Future US Attorney and police chief yesterday all met. Marino called a meeting a little rough at the start, but it did end productively. Ultimately, he said, everybody at the table agreed to work together and make certain that what happened on the twenty six never happens again. He said, We're going to talk to some of our state legislators to see if we can put something in place that I call, with her permission, Holly's Act, which is how we raise the bar on minimum sentences, minimum bail requirements. We're going to end the revolving door of injustice. Our judges can no longer hide behind their cloak, and they have to be held accountable for not upholding law and order. He pointed out, you know, these law enforcement officers are out there risking their lives every day arresting criminals, but when they show up in court, the judges undermine their efforts and the efforts of community to bring about some sense of law and order, giving criminals a slap on the hand. His words, not mine. Let's be honest, he said, because a lot of times you guys are qualifying this as a brawl. This was attempted murder of an innocent woman, and that person had a rap sheet a mile long. Nobody who has a rap sheet should be walking the streets of Anny, Ohio City. Free close quote. Now you got to pause for a moment and say, hold on, you got a rap sheet? Now, to me, that suggests you have been through the criminal justice system. You have been arrested and charged for a crime. What happened? Were you convicted and did you serve out whatever sentence, if one was given from the judge? Did you did you do your quote unquote time. Sure, it's on your record. But once you've served whatever form of justice that has been handed down to you by a judge, that's done and over with. You can't just arrest that person and take them off the street because they have a rap sheet, assuming that they have been processed. And I know a lot of recidibusts out there. That's why you know, at one point in time, we did have what they used to call remember the three strikes. Three strikes and you're out if you you know, the third crime, regardless of how minor it is that you convict, will result in you being imprisoned for life. Pretty harsh. I know people comment about cruel and unusual punishment. I don't even think there's laws are on the books anymore. But that used to be the consequence. So you end recidivism by saying sorry, sucks to be you. You didn't you wouldn't you didn't learn your lesson, You committed another crime. Well, you don't necessarily need three strikes. You're out because judges can take your rap sheet into account the next time you're in front of him, and a harsher sentence can be handed down at least within the realm of what's applicable under the sentencing guidelines. So if you stole a candy bar, I don't know that you can go to jail for that for a long time, regardless of your record. So there are checks and balances that are built in here which you know, serve to in some cases. Let fo folks out who are recidivous defenders. Yes, but merely being a recidivus doesn't mean you haven't, you know, served your time. So should someone with a rap sheet that long me walk in the streets of Ohio, any Ohio city free as Bernie Morindo, I think, yeah, answer yes. In some circumstances, once they've been through, had gotten due process, serve their time, they can walk the streets six sixteen fifty five KERSD talk station five one three, seven, four nine fifty five eight hundred eight two three talks A phone call you really should make to save you a lot of money and get you better medical insurance that is cover sency. They are your broker, they work for you. This is at no cost to you. Let's start with that. Reach out to them. They'll do a thorough analysis of your current medical insurance situation, what you've got, and then working with hundreds of insurance companies and thousands and thousands of medical insurance policies, they have access to all those, but being working for you and being in your corner, they'll select from all that out there and come up with the best possible package of medical insurance insurance that will get your dollar one coverage insurance that'll cover the catastrophic losses at a much much lower cost. So yes, you can get better medical insurance for less money. Couples under sixty five saving between oh five hundred and one thousand dollars a month. I call that real money. So find out if that'll apply to you. Cover sinci dot com is a form online you can fill out. It'll remain confidential. They will not hand it to anybody else that information or call them directly. So it's either coversincy dot com or five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five.
Speaker 8: Five fifty five KRC the talk station our high.
Speaker 1: UH channel nine first one or one forecast. Maybe a little fog on your commute this morning, mind defog Today it'll be partly cloudy with a high of eighty six over nine ten to sixty seven. A few clouds Sunday Tomorrow eighty eight clear overnight sixty eight. Saturday is going to be a hot one. It'll be dry one all the way up to ninety degrees sixty eight degrees. Now, let's get a traffic.
Speaker 11: Update from the UCL Trumphics Center. Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanner from multicultural communities give the gift of life, become an organ donor or explore living donation at you see.
Speaker 9: How dot com slash transplan.
Speaker 11: Sat Pound twenty seven blocked off and struble this morning and it will be through the ninth. According to the signs on the scene, you have to use struble to generation which is also full. Now from folks taking the detour. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station six twenty one.
Speaker 1: If you have KERCD talkstation, Happy Friday Eve. Yeah, I've been wanting to get to this. Robert Woodson Senior. Now, by way of background, he is a black civil rights activist. The guy is eighty eight years old, born in nineteen thirty seven. So this is a black man who's seen even Jim Crow era days. He can look back and remember how things have changed over time. Founder and president of the Woodson Center, which is a nonprofit research demonstration organization supporting neighborhood based initiatives to revitalize low income communities. So there's your guy, all right. So he speaks with some measure of authority, speaking from a black perspective, and he writes what a mob violently attacked two people in downtown Cincinnati last week. Video of the beat down spread across social media, but not a single major television network covered the story. It didn't find the mainstream media's narrative about racial violence in America. The victims were white, and as of Wednesday yesterday, police had arrested six black suspects for their alleged roles in public pumbling. Today's media seems to conflagrate over violence only when the perpetrator is white and the victim is black. Then the camera's role protests erupted and hashtags fly. But when the races are reversed, and the mainstream media buries the incident or ignores it entirely. Same is true of black on black violence. Consider the tragic case of Ariana Delane, the four year old niece of George Floyd, who was shot and wounded while sleeping beside her grandmother as gunfire hit their apartment. Despite the horror of her story, it received nowhere near the national attention that followed her uncle's death. Both the girl and Floyd deserved to live in peace, and yet there's national outrage rather when a black man is killed at the hands of police, but silence when black children are collateral victims of the senseless violence plaguing our cities every day. During a twenty eighteen spike and violent incidents against Asian Americans, journalists mostly ignored the Blacks were the most frequent perpetrators. The truth would have broken the media's worldview that Black Americans are always innocent victims. This racial gerrymandering of the facts mirrors the very injustices that media claim to hate in American history and the Jim Crows South. Of a black man committed an offense against another black man, he would face few consequences if any, especially if the perpetrator worked for an influential white figure. Meanwhile, a black man who allegedly harmed a white person would face swift and brutal retribution. One hundred years later, we have flipped the script. We teach our children that to be black is to be permanently victimized, and that to be white is to be perpetually guilty. Americas should renounce any in which one race is guilty and another is innocent. That's the path to national ruin. Only if we disregard race and how we judge one another, we'll be able to address the real crisis in society, the spiritual and moral free fall given to us by identity politics. Amen, brother. As the mainstream media chatters about systemic racism, our young people are dying of bullets, drugs, and despair. Atlanta saw forty seven people shot and five killed over four days in July. Homicide and suicide of the leading causes of death for fifteen to nineteen year olds, and teen drug overdose deaths are still way up from before the pandemic. When our young are bombarded with claims that they live in a fundamentally racist society, that they are powerless pawns of systemic forces beyond their control. How can we expect them to have hope, to believe in moral agency, to work with others with grace and compassion toward a better world. We need to question assumptions we made decades ago about how to help Black Americans. One of the promises of the Civil rights movement was that the blacks could direct the institutions of local government. The conditions of blacks would improve. Sixty years of black leadership in cities and some twenty trillion dollars in spending has resulted in utter devastation for many low income blacks, as prosperity for only a few, or and prosperity rather for only a few others, like maybe al Sharpen. The income gap between blacks and whites is far narrower than that between low and upper income blacks. There are more than one point seven million black millionaires in the United States and a record number of blacks with college degrees. If injustice and systemic racism are keeping Black Americans down, why are so many black succeeding. Black America must be the agent of its own uplift. We need more mentors more truth tellers, more builders. We need a new generation with the moral courage to call out hypocrisy, whether it wears a suit or holds a sign. We need to stop fighting over who hurts more and start fighting for what heals best. Thank you very much, Robert L. Woodson, Senior, six twenty six, New Hampshire, Gary. I had to get that out of my system there. I thought it was an important point that Rob Robert Woodson made. I will take your phone call as soon as we get back after these brief words beginning with a comment about Emory Federal Credit Unions golf outing fast approaching. Get signed up. You're helping charity the Nineteenthdannuel Charity Golf Tournament benefiting Cincinnati Children's Hospital Charitable Care Fund. So by playing golf with some buds and some friends, you're gonna help this wonderful charity and have a great day. It's always fun at the Emory golf outing. I'll be there to say a few words of the golfers before they go off on their journey as I have been. Thank you Emory for inviting me every year for you to sign up learn more about the benefits of banking at Emory as well. Go to EMORYFCU dot org, Emory FCU dot org.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC sar it up your radio.
Speaker 14: Here's the Sean Hannity Morning Minute.
Speaker 15: I'm becoming more and more cynical of those people that say that they are maga Conservatives or maga Republicans or Trump supporters, and all they seem to want to do is find the one one difference that they have with Donald Trump and ignore all the transformational and consequential things that he is doing. And I figured out why everybody on social media. They want to draw attention to themselves. They want clicks, they want views, they want attention, and if it means that they have to say something more and more outrageous to get that attention, they're going to do it.
Speaker 14: Check out the Sean Hannity radio show later today right here.
Speaker 15: Hey Sean Hannity, here, you know I have I'm buying precious metals. Somebody gave me great advice. I'm so grateful every day that I did, and I've been doing it for decades. Every paycheck I get, no matter what, I put aside a portion of money to diversify into precious metals. Now, especially during uncertain times, remember the two thousand and eight financial crisis. Who do I choose to make my gold and silver purchases with? What company do I now use? Who do I trust?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 15: I've been partnering with a great company for three years. I am a customer. The company is called gold Co. Gold Co will send you right now a free twenty twenty five gold and silver kit to learn more about diversifying with precious metals.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 15: This kit from gold Co has been a huge help to me. I think you'll learn a valuable lesson. You'll also learn about their unlimited bonus silver offer. You're not going to want to miss out. All you have to do is call No Obligation eight five five eight one five gold, or just go to Hannitygold dot com. That's eight five five eight one five Golds. I'll go to the website Hannitigold dot com.
Speaker 1: Call the tree expert jann and I says. It's about the weather and be a little bit of fogged on your commute this morning. Today we'll be partly cloudy going all the way up to eighty six over nine, few clouds sixty seven to love sunny tomorrow going up to eighty eight. Clear of the night, sixty eight and a hot one on Saturday. It'll be dry going up to ninety degrees sixty eight degrees. Now, let's get a traffic update from the uc ON Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant for multicultural communities, give the gift of life, become an organ donor, or explore a living donation at uce health dot com. Slash transplant sathbound twenty seven is crawling below Kember down to Scrubol where traffic is being diverted over to Generation Drive to get a round. Construction. Generation Drive is full northbound seventy five. Do we fine through the cut? Chuck Ingram on fifty five KARCV talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty fifty five KIRCV calucidation. I always appreciate phone calls. You feel free to call five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk pardon me, pop button and play pound five fifty on eight and T phones just like New Hampshire Garritt, Thanks for holding Hampshire Gary, welcome back to the program.
Speaker 5: How you doing, bron Hey good? My thing is what we see is a systemic failure of society. We see a breakdown of society, and I think the majority of this is multi fat fat facet and one of them, one of them is your schools. You have a lot of Marxist communists, socialist humanists in schools who their main objective is to cause division, breakdown of society. And I think the roving gangs that we have going on with recidicism in the court system is actually an intent the gangs, or the soldiers, the judges, the lawyers, and the prosecutors, along with the police departments heads. The police heads are more or less everybody calls them weak on crime. I call them stone holed. They're cold hearted, fascist or they're cold hearted and they're trying to get their agenda through, which is to cause fear amongst the people, and you know, you can't help. And I feel sorry for these soldiers that are going around beating their own people up. Black on black crime, you say, which is more true than white black on white. But it's got to be terrible to live downtown. It's got to be, you know. And I feel sorry for people who actually try to make it better down there, like that poor woman who found her husband dead, and they said that they had been broken into they got tired of fight and city Council on all their ordnance and their edicts and mandates and dictates and no action from the police. I would have left. I didn't have that much courage.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I was just like, you know, that's we'll see. That's the conclusion many people ultimately reach when nothing is done to address the broader problems. And I think you may be onto something. You know, I've been commenting about this division that's been fostered in courage and foement, mostly by the left, for a long long time. It is a tenant of the Marxist playbook Divide the society. What used to unite us? To me, it's always been the concept of freedom. We have something that is truly unique to government in the globe. We have the right to free speech, We have the right to free assembly, we have the right to you know, free religion. We can do what we want. In most cases. Our government has limited uh has limitations not often followed, but it is at least hypothetically demonstrably limited government. Look at the Tenth Amendment. This is these are you know, things that we have inherent human rights in the Ninth Amendment, for example. Nobody else has that in the world. That should be uniting. You can be gay, you can be stray. We all live under the manner of freedom. You can be a leftist, you can be from the right. We have freedom of speech and political thought. It's a good thing. That's bad in the idea of the hearts and minds of Marxists because why, well, it's demonstrably better. Is it unfair that someone can earn more in the United States of America and make a success out of the life through hard work or coming up with some innovation. That's not unfair. We all enjoy the benefits of that smart guy doing something nobody ever thought of before. Well, you know, to each according his ability to each court is meet that person has more money. That's not fair. It's not fair. They want to break that whole concept down. How do you do that, Well, you start talking about things being unfair. Your money is my money. I'm entitled to what you made. Why because well, I grew up in a poor neighborhood. Well, you know a lot of millionaires, multimillionaires and even billionaires, some of whom grew up in poor neighborhoods, managed to educate themselves out of that environment and do something good for society. That result of them making a whole lot of money. Bully for them and thank God for them. Folks like that have always employed me. I never went out and created an iPhone or did anything like that, you know, unique to my you know, cognitive ability. No, Fortunately, someone out there who built something before decided to hire me as a W two employee. Great. I've been at that my entire life. But you need to divide and conquer, and that's part of the Marxist playbook. So they don't care what division they stir as long as they're stirring division and get you to hate the person next to you for whatever reason. It's a real problem. And you're right. I think you hit the nail on the head looking at the education system, which has clearly been taken over by a bunch of leftists Marxist if you will. And that's one of the things that Donald Trump is at least making headway in in the universities, because if the universities are accepting federal dollars, it's going to come with strings attached, regardless of what administration's in power, and under this administration, the strings that are attached are getting rid of. Well, brainwashing are college level students.
Speaker 9: No more?
Speaker 1: DEI We're not paying for it now. Is it going to happen overnight, this mind shift, this sea change.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: But I think Trump and others like you have identified part of the problem the education system. We shouldn't be educating our children to hate each other. We shouldn't be educating our children that our system is broke and always has been original sin. We can't have what we've got under this constitution. We need to go down a new path. That mindset clearly divisive and clearly flies flies in the face of us keeping our country and keeping the freedoms and liberties we enjoy. Six thirty six fifty five K Seed Talk station. Feel free to call and chime in. Love to hear from you five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three talk another call you need to make. You want your kitchen remodel. You're sick of looking at that old kitchen. You got ideas in your mind. Boy, I really wish we had fill in the black, like maybe you want to go with an island kitchen, or you hate the island you got, or it doesn't matter. If you're ready for a kitchen remodeling project. I'm gonna recommend the guy I, or my wife and I relied upon for our kitchen remodel and that's John Ryan, and he is Prestige and Terror. That's John's company. You'll work with gian real sweet guy, got awesome ideas. He's been doing almost i mean exclusively kitchens for the last thirty five or so years. Lots of kitchens under his belt, so he's seeing what you've got, and he has been there and done that. He's got awesome ideas for storage and flow from initial design to final installation. Your true partner in the kitchen remodeling project A plus with a BBB call John three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine. Check out his website. Go to Prestige one two three dot com.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC the free iyeard radio app.
Speaker 1: UH channel nine. One of the forecasts, maybe a little fauld in the commute this morning. Today will be partly cloudy, going up eighty six degrees. Just a few clouds every night with a drop of sixty seven eighty eight with sunny skies. Tomorrow sixty eight overnight with clear skies and a clear Saturday, dry and a high in nineties sixty nine degrees. Right now, it's time for traffic.
Speaker 11: Upstations from the UCUM Traffic Center. Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanterer from multicultural communities get the gift of life, become an organ donor, or explore a living donation at uc how dot com slash transplant. There's an accident in northbound seventy five after you get passed, says er Charles, the right lanes from locked up traffic starting to back up into downtown. I'm seeing traffic start to move a little bit better southbound on twenty seven. Hopefully that's just an overnight closure for southbound twenty seven at Strewball chuck Ingram on fifty five K see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Sex forty one on a Thursday. Happy Thursday to you and thanks everybody made to listen to lunch yesterday Weedam and Brewery. Really enjoyed my day, except for losing the cribbage mic five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five eight hundred eight two three talk on FI fifty on eight T and T phone. So jump over to the phones. Got Mississippi James on the line. Welcome back, Mississippi James. Always good to hear from you.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, Yes, sir, Brian, I'd be able to make you uh September.
Speaker 1: Oh, lunch in September. Fantastic, right, fantastic Anderson Pub and Grill.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, and yeah, I've been there before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've been there a bunch of times every I'd love the hamburgers they have there, and they're really nice people. So I'm glad to get back to Anderson Pub.
Speaker 2: Okay. I want to say this. I come in peace, love everybody, and there's nothing.
Speaker 1: You can do about it. Started it off as always that loved right here.
Speaker 2: Now, you know, I like to talk about the Penulon swings, and I'm old enough to remember non inclusive, no diversity, white only colored waiting room. I'm old enough to remember that. And then the pendulance shift toward DEI well dependenton shifted away from that, and I'm saying all this is man made system, man manipulated for whatever reason, and people bring anger into it, and a lot of time you know, hey, dependent can only swing so far before it swing back. But if people understood, you know, hey, we'll spiritual beings going through human experience. That's the way I look at it. You know what, what what I market myself on? Well, spiritual being going through human experience and as the pen and in them shifts, do we have to bring the angry? Do we have to be mad at each other? And I guess we do if you don't understand that spiritual part that we're going through what we're supposed to be about. You know a lot of people equate when I say spiritual immediately to welfare, and I'm like, how do we make that connection? Sometime I be lost and they have the reason for believing that. But I said, that's not my leading point when I'm talking about spirituality. You know, I'm talking about the universe, the fift dimension, you know, stuff like that that you attain if you are on that positive side.
Speaker 1: Ah. And if you're on that positive side, yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, And I'm gonna always be positive and optimistic. Now, when I run up against a person that's pestimistic, it gonna appears to be a different there. But the one that optimist he accept that pestimistic and like, okay, but that's not going to stop me from being positive and optimistic. And then that person will say, well, I'm a realist. I'm not negative. I'm a realist. Okay, But you're a realist based out of pestimistic and negativity. Yeah, Well, I'm a realist based out of positive and optimistic.
Speaker 1: Yeah so.
Speaker 2: And it's more than just radio sound bites.
Speaker 1: You know, you see your spring you're you're excellent points, but you your your your comments spring from an enlightened perspective. If the world was filled of don't.
Speaker 2: Call me a weake, don't call me a wake, don't.
Speaker 1: Call me you're just joking on that. I know this moral perspective that you got, you're optimistic. If more people were like you, we would live in a much better world. But you see, you got to look at the motivations of people who turn a bunch of people into pessimists. What are the are they? Is it truly that we live in this, you know, the terrible world that can't be mended and requires some sort of massive government infusion of cash or some social program or can we work within the confines of the system we got? But if you're an optimistic person, you see some positivity in the future. It's not a foregone conclusion that I'm going to fail. There are a lot of people around me that have gotten out of this area and have succeeded in life. I can look to them as a source of inspiration. So but many people just don't even look for the inspiration. They don't look for the positive in the world. Ah, it's all done, it's all over with. It sucks, and we need to bring the system down. And that bringing the system down maybe the ultimate motivation of this negativity that is, you know, encouraged like for example in classrooms, this sense of you know, loss of control over your neighborhood. We have been permanently victimized and it is perpetually gonna be is perpetually broken. It needs to be brought down, and something like phoenix rising from the ashes needs to take its place. No, No, we live in the freest society is as far as from perfect as our society is. It's the best possible one that we could ever hope for, which is why the whole world wants to come here. So many people are interested in tearing that down. That's the nefarious part that's behind the encouragement of negativity. I believe it's a terrible problem. Appreciate your optimism, James, and I always appreciate your call six forty six. If you five KCD talk station, get in touch with plumb type plumbing. It's always plumbing done right. They are the Tri States number one installer for tankless water heaters. Consider tankless for a bunch of reasons. Energy savings, yes, space savings, get rid of that giant tank, and have something about the size of a medium suitcase hanging on your wall. That's a tankless water heater. Water flows in one side, comes out the other side hot, and it never ever ends. As long as your hot water is turned on, you're gonna get hot water, so no running out of hot water. And they last a lot longer than the traditional tanks as well well, So rely on the experts of plumb tighte plumbing for that trenchless sewer line repair as well. Modern technology plumb type relies on so they don't have to dig up your lawn when dealing with your sewer line problems. Just a couple of things they offer, But for any residential plumbing need a plus with a better business bureau, no service, fees, free estimates. They know you deserve better and they deliver on that with great customer service and excellent pricing. Five one three seven two seven tight t e five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three online it's plumtight dot com.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: All right, Gary, sope it here for sure. Here is your channel nine first one to Wether Voecast. Maybe some fog out there on your commute this morning, but later today it's going to be partly claudy. It's going up to eighty six degrees, a few clouds every night with a sixty seven low tomorrow sunny sky's eighty eight for the high with clear skies over night. And I dropped down to sixty eight all the way up to ninety degrees on Saturday. Dry conditions, UH sixty nine degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic update. Chuck Ingram from the UCUP Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanter from multicultural communities give the gift of life, become an organ donor or explore living donation. You see how dot com slash transplant Cruiser're working with an accident northbound seventy five near Western Avenue right leans or block. Traffic is packing up into downtown Elsewhere highway traffic in pretty good shape, and traffic's getting better southbound on twenty seven. The barrels are now out of the way. It's struble shock King ramonth fifty five krs DE talk.
Speaker 1: Station at six fifty one on a Thursday, and happy Thursday to you. Feel free to call. I got something to say five one, three, seven, four nine to fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three top found five fifty on AT and T phones. Uh. I don't know no idea which direction I want to go in this segment. Maybe let's go down a rather comedic path, and perhaps you can offer me an explanation. What is this symbolic message that is being made mad by throwing what I will describe as green marital aids onto w NBA basketball courts. I have a feeling this is going to become a very regular thing. We have the third disruption of another the NBA basketball game the other day when another neon green marital aid was chucked onto the well onto the court between Indiana Fever and Los Angeles Sparks game flew from the stands in landin near Indiana Fever forward Sophie Cunningham, third time this has happened. Cunningham, who had previously apparently begged fans on X to stop doing this, saying you're gonna hurt one of us. She was nearly hit on the court with the most recent flying marital aid incident. Two nearly identical disruptions earlier in the week July twenty ninth, or in game two the Golden State Valkyries in the Atlanta Dream, a green marital aid flew onto the Florida in the firth quarter, leading to the stoppage of the game just before the game winning shot. Authorities detained twenty two year old Delbert Carver, now facing charges including disorderly conduct, publican decency, and criminal trespass over the July twenty ninth incident. August first, while the Valkyries faced off against Chicago Sky, another green sex toy flew out of the court, this time during the third quarter at win Trust Arena. Now, I think this is rather comical, and again I think this is like a copycat kind of thing. It's going to go viral, so you can now wait for it, so much so that I saw online it was either a link to an article or to a sports betting site where you can actually bet on if this is going to happen in the game, kind of like ret and bet and red or black and a rule that wheel. You either get one or the other. It happened or it didn't happen, so there's your straight bet, or even choose which quarter the flying green marrital aid is going to land on the court. It's probably netting greater results in terms of the payout, But is there some symbolic message that's being conveyed by throwing some throwing marital aids onto basketball courts during WNBA games? Just asking for a friend and an other completely unrelated news. I was surprised Jos Record didn't let me know he put an application in, but a lot of people did. Homeland Security Secretary of Christy Gnom yesterday mentioned that for the ten thousand jobs at the Immigration Customs Enforcement Agent has opened, they're hiring ice agents ten thousand open spots, incentives fifty thousand dollars signing bonus, as well as relief from student loan debt payment. That's your incentive to sign up to be an ICE agent, so if you become one, you get the benefits of that. So according to Homeland Security Secretary Christy nom that incentive paid off. They received over eighty thousand applications for those ten thousand spots, so apparently no problem filling those. We'll have more ICE agents out in the field in a matter of moments. It would appear well after training, I guess. Anyway, stick around more to talk about. On top of the our news, We've got the Help Squad coming in. Brian Ibel from Help Squad along with west Side Jim Keefer going to be in studio to talk about what the Help Squad has been up to of late. A wonderful charity. It is inspired by Bryan's faith and willgan desire just to do something for folks in need. We'll hear from them in the next hour. Hope you can stick around.
Speaker 8: Today's top stories at the top of the hour. You just got to know what's happening in your world. Fifty five krc D Talkstations.
Speaker 1: It's a seven five here at fifty five KERR SAT talk station. Early a half hour early wires got crossing the time and the segment was gonna start, but that's okay. We can talk to the Help Squad a half hour early and I'm pleased to do it. Seven oh five and it is time to talk to Brian Ibol from the Help Squad along with sidekick west Side Jim Keefer. Gentlemen, it's wonderful having you back in the studio. Good seeing you today morning. Yeah, thank you. I will take full responsibility for being too early. That's okay, I don't mind. I'm sure my listeners don't mind. We're gonna get the information out and we can move away from the brutal beatdown in the city of Cincinnati among other depressing news and talk about something uplifting, which is the Help Squad, which you can find online at the Help Squad sincey with a y Help squadsincey dot com. And uh, but before we get to the I'm just going to ask, and you know, he might be embarrassed, and I'm gonna do this. West Side Jim Keefer's in the studio and everybody who knows Jim is familiar with the fact that he is while it is in remission, he's been diagnosed with bone cancer and he has been in a tremendous amount of stress of late. The pain never goes away, Jim, And I'm saying this out loud one because you know a love you man. You're a good friend of mine. But I'm going to enlist the support of my listening audience, many of whom are very spiritual, and ask them to include you in their prayers. Cancer sucks. We all know it, but you being such a close friend of mine, and you know it. I mean, just to look at you, you can tell that you're in pain, and I can see it in your face, my friend, and I'm glad you made the effort to come in this morning. But if my listening audience can help you out, and that's why I'm saying these works, prayers, prayers work, see your believer as well, so he'll take what he can get. So include Jim and all cancer survivors and strugglers in your prayers. So, Brian, ib all pivoting over to you after I got that out, Thanks to my listening audience for helping Jim out with that the help squad. Since with a wide dot com Brian, you're a retired police officer. Any comments on the situation before we move on to talk about the charitable work you have. You've been doing well. Yeah, so I did.
Speaker 16: I spent almost thirty years being a police officer in different assignments and different departments. I did work for Cinceinnai Police for quite a while. I was a supervisor there. I went through a lot. I was in there during the riots and many many other events. And I will say this. You know we're talking about judges a lot, and that's true. Yeah, I mean we haven't they suck. There's terrible a couple of terrible judges. We have some really good policemen who are really really trying. Because and I can say this, and I don't care if you want to argue the fact or not.
Speaker 1: But I was one of those good policemen and I tried, and I tried, and I tried and I tried, and a lot of us did. And internal affairs.
Speaker 16: If you are not a perfec, if you do not do everything perfect and there is a complaint or somehow a video is watched, you better have all your eyes dotted and your t's crossed, because even if you didn't do what someone is saying you did, they watched this whole video, and they come up with things to get you in trouble with The guys are I'm sure out in the field are scared to death to do anything because as soon as they do something.
Speaker 1: They're gonna find it.
Speaker 16: Could be the best arrest in the world, and they're still gonna find something wrong half the time of what you did.
Speaker 1: And it is.
Speaker 16: It scares you. You know, you don't want to go out and do your job. They can't tell you, hey, don't go do any police work.
Speaker 1: But I'll tell you what, if you do police work, they'll make sure you don't if you get a complaint because you get in so much trouble, you get written up, you can get your power suspended, blah blah blah, keep going. And you just say, you know what, it's work. It's not.
Speaker 16: I mean, you got to support a family, you know, you got your You gotta worry about yourself out there, you know, not getting killed, you know, not getting uh.
Speaker 1: Well, that answers the question, I think more fully than just saying it's not. The police have determined that it's not worth their time to engage in law enforcement because of the judges. It's not worth it because of the revolving door of No, you're saying it's not worth it because what is that the civil complained authority or whatever that outside entity is. I mean, it's everything. It's you know, yeah, it is judges. Don't get me wrong. It is the Yeah, they're a component.
Speaker 16: But you know, you've got a ton of good, solid policemen man that want to go out there and do their job. But every time they do something, they get in trouble, do you know what I mean? And they're they're getting complaints.
Speaker 1: Filed on them.
Speaker 16: Their supervisors are reviewing videos to see if they can find something wrong with them. It's you know, you got to get you need aggressive patrol. That just someone needs to say that you have to have aggressive patrol to go out there and combat this.
Speaker 1: Crime and that we will have your back exactly. You get support from the administration, you get support from city hall, and you go out and you be policemen. You let them go. And I'm telling you right now, you can lower the crime rate. We've done it.
Speaker 16: We did it in Madisonville, we did in Evanston when I was a police officer, and it can be done again. Hey you know what, call me up, I'll come back in. I'm getting my second win. Let's go because I'm tired of seeing it on television. To be honest with you, you know it can be done. This isn't the biggest mystery in the world. Let the cops be cops.
Speaker 1: Okay, goodness, Now that element has changed over time. The cops can't be cops for the reasons you talked about. Of course, law enforcement or the judicial leg has changed over time. You can see that. I think clearly if you go back ten years or more, you're going to see a much tougher on crime attitude out of the on the judicial side of the equation. But I'm kind of I want to pivot over to just generally your sense and perception of the residents of the city of Cincinnati. Do we have a societal problem? Has things gotten worse or are we just because of the internet now just seeing real time the crime that's going on actually did exist even if you go back ten twenty years what you saw when you were a police officer. Is there any difference on the street in terms of the types of crimes, the amount of crimes, the age of the criminals. I mean, do you think there's been a shift?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean there's a lot more juvenile crime going on, but think about it, for the last ten years, you want to slap these kids on the wrist and not put them in jail or not put them where they belong.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Yeah, they're going to say, hey, we get we get away with anything, and that's pretty much what is it's it's a it's a free for all. Really, nobody goes to jail rarely, you know, in the juvenile system. As soon as you get them down there, they let them ride out. I mean, something has to be done. So we're not tough enough on crime. And even within the ranks of the police department, within the structure of this police department, the officers, sounds like, are in essence being told unless you are absolutely perfect, don't engage in law enforcement.
Speaker 1: Yeah you better, you better do it right. There's a problem with them being being done right. I know. Hindsight's twenty twenty. Though, if you're going to go through a micromanage and analyze every moment in time and every moment of the day, you'll probably be able to come up with something that at least appears to be a bit untoward.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, that's like a sort of damicle. He's hanging over the head of every officer. Yeah, that's a big word. I don't know what it means, but either way, either way, let me tell you, Yeah, if you just let the cops go on, And this isn't bashing CPD.
Speaker 16: I love CPD. I would have stayed a CBD. It wasn't my fault. But I'm not bashing them. I'm just simply saying that if you just call the dogs off for a little while, we can get things done. Believe me, it's happened before.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, and maybe this, this curfew attitude is step in the right direction, because by all accounts, I've been told by several authorities that the Sinceint Police Department was specifically instructed up until I guess yesterday. Now they're going to take a tough on curfew stands to not even bother enforcing it now, I mean notwithstaying the fact if they did try to enforce said they were told that the children would be let out. And again going back to it's not worth your time to try to pick up a sixteen year old for a curfew violation because there will be no repercussions. But that went further than just that that it was they were told not to bother as if that wasn't even on the books, the curfew right. To be honest with you, I don't know how they have the time to do it. Well, there's another element. I mean between just the radio runs alone and most of these districts, they don't have time. I bet the traffic enforcement has really gone down because you don't have time to pull a car over. You know, you don't have time to write parking tickets. You're too busy going from radio run to radio run to radio run.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I guarantee you the traffic enforcement has gone down, I mean ever since COVID. Not that I want really heavy law enforcement out there on the road for the roads and the like. For example, men say speed violations. You know I wouldn't want that out there, and yay, yeah, I always like to quick the point outs you drive an eight cylinder, don't. Yeah, speed does not kill. Speed different chill kills. Let's take an early break. It's seven fourteen right now. We're going to talk charity work that the Help Squad's doing and an update. Got a couple of events coming up that Brian wants to talk about where you can help out and what a wonderful organization it is, and probably some heart wrenching stories of success from the help squad. Next, the first save thousands of dollars Affordable imaging services for your hospital imaging department. You can pay so much more and why, well, I don't know, because your doctor told you to go there. Yeah, keeping the money in house because they're the practice is probably owned by a hospital system, which is kind of the norm these days. But why would you spend five thousand dollars for a CT scan when you can get a CT scan at Affordable Imaging Services for four hundred and fifty dollars without a contrast six hundred with a contrast And that results in thousands of dollars kept in your pocket by exercising your freedom of choice when it comes to medical care. Yes, that's significant savings. You know, every scan, whether it's an MRI ultra on CT scan or echo cardigram more actually it comes with a board certified radiologist report included in the low price. Echo Cardigram's not thirty five hundred bucks five hundred dollars without an enhancement. Portable Imaging has two locations you got one a New Richmond. You got one right there at I COLDT Road, right off Route thirty two and online Affordable Medimaging dot com. Get all the pricing and information there five one three seven five three eight thousand, five one three seven five three eight thousand again online Affordable Medimaging dot Com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Channanine levolcast says, we got a partly thirty day to day with a high of eighty six, just a few clouds overnight sixty seven to low tomorrow eighty eight, with sunny sky, clear skies over night sixty eight and a dry Saturday going up to ninety degrees sixty seven degrees. Now, let's get a traffic update from the UC.
Speaker 9: HOW Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanterer from multicultural communities. Give the gift of life, become an organ donor, or explore living donation. You see health dot com slash transplant northbound seventy five break lifes between Buttermilk and downtown. It's due to an accident just above as in Charles. That's over on the right hand side of the ramp of the proms in Charles. Now right lanes are open to get Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven nineteen now fifty five KRSD talk station em trying to make it a happy Thursday in studio. Brian Ibold from Help Squad wonderful charity to Help Squad describe herself as a self described brother Christian faith collaborative helping struggling working families in west side neighborhoods Shitvy at, Colerain, Dell High and Green townships. So if you know someone who's in, you know, really struggling need and maybe a temporary situation, Brian Ebold is there to help and he and his team are doing wonderful things. Brian, how long has it been since she's launched the Help Squad?
Speaker 16: So started in twenty twenty when I retire, So we're going about five years now, no kidding, Yeah, wow, I can't believe that much time has flown.
Speaker 1: That helps. What since you with the wide dot comms where you find them online? Give my listeners a couple of illustrations of what you've been able to do for folks of late. You know the situation that led any given person to your doorstep and you're lending support. Oh yeah, I mean how much time we got you know?
Speaker 16: Uh, I mean we've turned on utilities for people that didn't have water and gas and elector.
Speaker 1: We've done that, and when we do that weekly.
Speaker 16: We've we've fixed repaired cars for single moms that couldn't get to work.
Speaker 1: That's that happens quite often.
Speaker 16: Yeah, we've gifted I think this is the last time I've been on here, we've probably gifted four cars. I mean people will donate car that's wonderful. We take it to Broken Foles right behind Ward Way Fuels over there in the heart of Green Township and they fixed the cars for free up to ten thousand dollars a year. That's what Matt Broke and Broken Foles does.
Speaker 1: So if you're going to a car fix, go to Matt Brogan and Broken Foles because they give, I mean they give, they give ten grand. Now could you imagine if five other service stations in Green Township or Dala High if they gave ten grand to we would never spend a penny on fixing a car, and that would save us money to give to more people. See that's our visions called out exactly. Well, I'm easy to find in this in this sixtent is more broadly because you've helped folks with you know, issues inside their homes. So like contractors, carpenters, electricians, plumbers.
Speaker 16: Lotty dotty everybody. We need everybody. This is we're not gonna pull this off by ourselves. Me, me, Sam Jasper and our crew or our board members aren' gonna be able to pull this off. We need everybody involved, you know, And that's our visions. Try to get the entire community together, and that's that's part of my job. And that's one of the reasons I was doing an interview with Channel five yesterday with Shari, and that's one of the reasons I'm here today. And we're gonna keep going until we get to the right person who wants to do something. You know, just real, quil, what we're talking about the city. You know, there are fifty two neighborhoods in the city. Do you know how many of those that the help squad covers None? Do you think that there's anybody in these fifty two neighborhoods that need the same type of help that we get have four places or four areas in Hamilton County.
Speaker 1: Of course there is.
Speaker 16: Yeah, So you know what would be a great idea, What about a meeting with the mayor? This is we give hope and we give healing to a city that really needs some. Right now, could you imagine if we had to help Squad Avondale, help Squad Evanston, helps Squad Madison, help Squad Westwood. There are people struggling, do you know? Ever since we've had probably ten requestsins the interview yesterday, they're all in the city, Like, we can't help the people in the city.
Speaker 1: Right, You're you're limited in your ability because of limited funding, limited resources, manpower if you want to call it that. Right, So that's why you've chosen the West Side communities to focus on. That's where you're from, and you know there was need there. That's the other There's certainly need.
Speaker 16: There's need everywhere, don't get me wrong, but I'm certain there is need in these fifty two neighborshood neighborhoods and just real quick, just just for the numbers here. So if you take a single mother and she has a let's her car breaks down, it's five hundred dollars car repair. What most people don't understand. These aren't the people smoking weeds, sitting on their rear end and playing Xbox all day. These are hard working Americans that are trying to survive. They're making ends meet, their single parents a lot, or their families that are struggling. You know, I grew up with a single mom. I saw a firsthand how she struggled. Our lights were off at one time. Okay, so these people, So let's say she has a five hundred dollar car pan. She doesn't have the money to fix that, her friends don't have money to fix it, she don't Usually the people in this position don't have credit. They can't put it on a credit card, they don't have credit. So what happens is the mother who has this five hundred dollars car repair, can't get it fixed, can't get to work, doesn't make money, and gets evicted, and now she becomes homeless, and she's part of the statistic. Once she gets on this on government assistance, it's gonna cost taxpayers tens of thousands of dollars. If you just would have gave me the five hundred dollars to pay her car payment, we wouldn't be dealing with any of this. It's a win win, win win for everybody.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you decide to describe what the original intent of social welfare programs was all about, to provide a temporary bridge to get you, to get you through the problems until you are capable of, you know, going back into the workforce and contributing to society. You're exactly right.
Speaker 16: Nobody can use the help squad as a permanent crutch. Absolutely not. And that's a perfect point you bring up. So we helped seventy three families last year in twenty twenty four, roughly fifty of those families had requested assistance with rent to avoid eviction, which ultimately leads to homelessness. My wife is a realer with hoting riller. She tells me, you do not want an eviction on your record because nobody is going to ever again wants you to be in their in their house, you know, a rent to you. So it's it's a it's a very big thing. You don't want the eviction to go forward, you know. So we tried to prevent that. But out of the fifty families that we helped and we paid and we avoided eviction for them, and we avoided the homelessness. Less than ten requested help again, meaning we fill that small financial gap. To fill that and to keep them moving forward with their regular lives, making ends meet, and continuing forward. That's forty families. Man, do you know what that would have cost the tax payers? So if you give it seriously, let's just say, I'm just throwing to figure out. You give us a million dollars, we're gonna save you five million. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Like it does?
Speaker 16: I'm banging my head against car to wards like no one wants to listen to me. I've talked to some of the county commissions. I've tried to get down to the city hall. I don't know what it takes, you know, to get someone to listen to us.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you vet those who are asking for the resource. We certainly don't you. Unlike most government programs who aren't interested in being accountable to the taxpayer dollar, because they get these budgets and they have the money already, they don't have to be responsible accountable for making sure it goes to those truly in need and worthy of it. To get it pass, this little hurdle rather than just giving to someone who intends to stay on the program. That's what makes your program efficient, that's what makes it very successful, and I applaud your efforts in that regard. We'll bring Brian back because they've got a couple of events that you can help out with and help the organization. Of course, if you're out there, you're in the trade, you have your own automobile repair shop. You want to help out Brian and the help squad over on the West side. Of course, you're a resource that they would love having available and you'll help fulfill this wonderful mission seven twenty six. Right now, if you five kc DE talk Station USA installation. I've been talking about ninety nine dollars a month interest free for USA's Premium phone and given the energy savings brought by USA's Premium foam which has the highest r value on the market, so many listeners and homeowners have saved more than the payment on their energy bills. So it's real guaranteed savings from USA. They're throwing in an extra goodie. You have until the end of the month. Schedule the appointment before the end of the month, and you get the phone. You pay for the foam going into the exterior walls ninety nine dollars a month, you get a free attic insulation. What a great deal that is. USA Insulation always the right thing to do, regardless of what deal, save you money every month and provide instant improvement and comfort plus a twelve dollars energy tax next year when you're doing your taxes three eight one three sixty two six five one three three eight one foam. Remember just until the end of the month for the free attic insulation. Find them online USA Insulation dot.
Speaker 6: Net fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Here's your Channel nine, first one of leblcast partly thirty day to day with a high eighty six overy night, just a couple of clouds and a low sixty seven Sunday Tomorrow eighty eight for the high clear over night sixty eight and dry and ninety degrees on Saturday, hot one sixty eight. Now let's get a traffic update.
Speaker 9: From the UCM Tramspeg Center.
Speaker 11: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant are from multicultural communities. Give the Gift of life, become an organ donor or explorer living Donation at you see health dot Com slash transplant north pen seven five improving just a couple of extra minutes needed down between Buttermilk and Downtown Minimal delace again pass what's left to the accident northbound seventy five above, Azer Charles on the right, Chuck Ingram on fifty five care see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty on a Thursday, and a happy one to you, Brian Eyebol from the Help Squad, along with Sidekicked Westside Jim Kiefer, who's remaining quiet. He's not feeling real well today, and that's why I asked my listeners to pray for Jim. He's in remission with his cancer, but he's struggling with some pain issues. So everyday occurrence and God bless each and every cancer suffer out there. We got your back here in the morning show, Brian Ibold, you got your back for folks in need. You did a wonderful job explaining how important your organization is and how important it is for us to help those folks get over those little speed bumps in life so they don't end up permanently affixed to the social welfare system. So I applaud your efforts and thanks for all the Thanks to you for all the folks that you've helped out over the past five years the Help Squad since you with thewy dot com or you can get details on a couple of events that are coming up. Let's briefly dress first the Help Squad Annual Golf Fundraiser taking place at Pebble Creek Golf Course and Events Center. That's coming up on August sixteenth, fast approaching. Are there still some slots available for that one? There are, there's a couple. There's some slots for golfers, and more importantly, there's some spots for some sponsorship opportunities. Sponsors, Yeah, check us out. You know, they got the website. We certainly could use the help with that.
Speaker 16: And just just to reitererate, you know, one hundred percent of every donation goes to wards helping people.
Speaker 1: I don't get paid, our board don't get paid. We're doing this for free, very important part. Yeah, yeah, you know, and that's what really really irks me. You know, like you think United Way, like all, I'm going to have part of a paycheck go United Way, and they may do some wonderful things, but their overhead is massive. Yeah, I mean salaries that they pay. And you know, it's like you're lucky if you get what seventy five cents on the dollar that you donate to go actually for charitable work. With you, it's one hundred percent. You're not taking anything out of the till.
Speaker 16: No, Now you give me what one of those guys make, I'll change the entire landscape of the West Side.
Speaker 1: This is a good one. Pride I hold, all right, But you got something else going on with my friend Tom Brenneman, who's currently speaking on over at seven hundred. I don't want to have to give him promotion because I don't want listeners to turn off the radios. But Tom is an outstanding guy and he's helping you out as well.
Speaker 16: He is so so on August twenty thirds, it's a Saturday, from nine am to eleven am, Tom was going to come out and speak at Bucketheads. That's my favorite place in the world to go. And he's coming to Bucketheads and we're going to have coach Michelle from the UC baseball team. He's going to kind of host it, and then Tom's going to speak and oh that's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'll mce it a little bit.
Speaker 16: Maybe I'll write up some new material, some comedy stuff, maybe try to make some people laugh.
Speaker 1: Probably won't happen. But Typical Westsiders he's got a running video sort of like web series. There you go, the Typical west Siders, which is very, very funny. Brian's behind that effort. And you do record that at Bucketheads too. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we do a lot bucket you know.
Speaker 16: So, like I said, we started about five years ago with the help squad, and Tom Scott of the owner of Bucketheads, has just been man.
Speaker 1: He has been our number one supporter. It was our first fundraiser there.
Speaker 16: I think we made, you know, five hundred bucks and we were going to save the world with five hundred dollars, and you know, and just to see the advancement of the progress we've made in the last four and five years.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 16: It started out, hey, let's help a few people here and there, and this is a corporation. This has become a forty hour work week, not for just myself, but even for Sam.
Speaker 1: You know, Sam has been on here many times.
Speaker 16: I'm fortunate I'm retired, yeah, you know, and I can put my thirty five forty hours in a week of joining this, Sam works a fort the full time job. Sam's doing like seventy hours a week, and so is Carrie. We have a carry went on our team. She works full time and she's doing this like eighty hours a week. I don't know, you know, So everybody's put in a lot of effort for you know that we're not getting anything out of this. Accept the reward and being the hands of feet of Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know, isn't that important Because I've always said about my charity, it's okay for you to feel good personally for helping someone out. That's kind of the reward that you get from being charitable. You're fulfilling God's mission. If this if you're a person of Christian faith, or maybe other faiths feel the same way, helping out folks that are on life's margins get over their struggles, maybe encourage them to pursue the faith themselves. Considering where your charitable motivation came from, it's like prostlytizing. It's a foot in the door toward perhaps them getting some enlightenment. And I know that's part of your goal, Brian, and I think it's a laudable goal.
Speaker 16: I appreciate that, you know I have I have a few tattoos. And uh, if you know people see with tattoos, they immediately long hair and tattoos, they become intimidated. But if if someone well, I do look a little odd, But if you took the time, it just looked. Some of the tattoos, they're all Christian, you know, I know Christian tattoos. And it says here and this is the one I always refer to the most, especially with the help Squad stuff. It says, I am my brother's keeper. I didn't put that on my skin just as a joke. We are our brother's keeper.
Speaker 1: You how do I sleep at night?
Speaker 16: Sound knowing that they're a family en chiviot with a single mom and three kids are sleeping on the floor.
Speaker 1: How do you do that? You know, I don't think you're human if you can do that. And that's the stuff we're doing every day, all day of the week. You know, that's what the Health Squad is. And it's just such a rewarding feeling. And we're not going away. Someone's gonna have to We're gonna have to get some sort of sponsorship from you know, some big companies, because let me tell you something, the days of playing split the pot and raffle baskets, that's about over for us. Like we're it's time to either boo or get off the pot. I mean something has to really, we're gonna need some big sponsors here coming up, or we're gonna have to fare out some other things. Well, on that happy note, I'll remind folks the Help Squad, since you with thewy dot com, there are all kinds of opportunities for you to help out. If you're in the trades, help out by day, dedicating some time for some folks, you know, fix up projects that they deal with. If you have a check in your hand, or you have an opportunity financially to donate, of course you can easily do that on the website as well. And maybe you have some just free time to help out in some way. I'm sure they'll accept your help, so volunteer work, cash contributions, sponsorships, whether it's maybe for the annual golf fundraiser or just being a sponsor of the Help Squad. Generally speaking, corporate sponsors are all welcome, and thanks to all those folks who have stepped up, which you have on your website. So like Broken Folds you mentioned, you got link to the bucket heeads there and all these other organizations that have helped you out. And thanks to all of them for doing so. If only more people would step up, we'd have a lot fewer problems.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: We could change this, I guarantee it, we could change it. Well, keep up the great work, Brian, You've done wonderful work so far. And all to the team over at the help Squad, thank you very much. And Jim Keefer, I know you've been quiet today. It's good see real quiet. Sorry, good scene anyway. Man, Well you know, maybe we've got some prayers coming your way next time you have a big smile on your face, free of Pain's that's something he's praying for.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 1: It's seven thirty seven right now. More to talk about, Joell, open up the phone lines. Maybe you got something to say, feel free to call. Don't go away because coming up about eight h five, Jed Harding's with some great stuff happening at the Cincinnati Classical Academy. Folks lined up around the corner to get their kids into that place for good reason. Plus I hurt me the aviation expert Jay Rattle, if he'll be on at eight thirty as is typically the case. Right now, though, I want to mention Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning for all your HVAC needs. You want to get an upgrade, you can get an upgrade. You want some repair work done, call Zimmer had been third general, This is third generation Chris Simmer. Congratulations taking the helm and carrying on the proud family tradition. You have at Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning representing the company that devended air conditioning carrier. And that's where the fifteen hundred dollars and fifteen hundred and fifty dollars rebate comes in. If your system's belly up, you need to replace it. Never a good time to have to do that, but a better time now because you can say fifteen hundred and fifty bucks. So take the sting out of the replacement of your HVAC system. The experts at Zimmer will take great care of you, known for their great customer service and outstanding pricing. To schedule appointment and learn more about the company and all the services they offer, go Zimmer dot com upper right hand corner for the appointment even after hours upper right hand corner. Go Zimmer dot com, or call them directly at five one three five to one ninety eight ninety three. That's five two one ninety eight ninety.
Speaker 6: Three fifty five KRC. Think of a single.
Speaker 1: Here is your Channel nine first warning weather forecast. Let us talk about today as we always do. Party cloudy eighty six, the clouds over night sixty seven for the low mostly Sunday day Tomorrow eighty eight for the high clearover night sixty eight and a high had ninety degrees on Saturday. It'll be dry though, uh sixty nine degrees Right now. Let's get an update on traffic conditions Chuck Ingram from.
Speaker 9: The UCUT Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an ORG transplant from multicultural communities. Get the Gift of life, become an organ donor, or explore living donation at you see how dot com slash transplant.
Speaker 9: Highway traffic continues to build.
Speaker 11: Northbound seventy five is an extra five from Donaldson into downtown. Then slow again Mitchell through the lateral southbound seventy five break rights in Lachland and soap two seventy five heaviest between the Lawrence Print Ramp and the bridge. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KOs the talk station.
Speaker 1: At seven forty two here fifty five kr CD talk station right time is wishing everyone a very happy Friday. Eve. Yeah. I got to reflect on Eyebold and the Health Squad. First off, when you hear stories like that and the people that he's helping, it really for me. It just I want to thank my mom and dad for the stable environment that I grew in. I want to thank my mom and dad for insisting on it that I get a good education and that as a consequence of that, I've never had to face the challenge is that so many people have to face. And I'm not pointing to blame it. You know, the lack of a nuclear family necessary leading to the problems that people face. But when you find out how many people out there are in need and just in need of a little bit of support like that, and Brian is overwhelmed with the demand, you know, not enough resources and dollars to cover all of the folks that he otherwise might cover and help. But if you're in a position where you have had some at least some measure of success where you haven't faced these roadblocks that can be really life altering, that one bill that you can't pay that results in you not being able to get to your job because your car can't get repaired, you don't have the extra resources, and then you end up unemployed. I mean, if you're not in that person, if you're not in that position, you've got a lot to be thankful for. And I'm thankful to be here to let you know about people like Brian Ebold and groups like the Help Squad. It gives me a tremendous joy to be able to spread the news on that and just I'm not patting myself on the back, but there are people out in my listening audience. And here's a great illustration. Last time Brian was on the program, within I don't know, a couple of days or a week or so, whatever whatever timeframe passed, but as a consequence of someone out there hearing about the Help Squad and what Brian and his team are doing for the West Side on my show, they got a check for eleven thousand dollars. And as it turns out, someone within a church community was hearing, and they talked about and they looked into the Help Squad and found out how wonderful and efficient and you know, return on investment wise, one dollar to the Help Squad equals one dollar helping someone out there. They decided to pass the plate and they said, for every dollar that you in the congregation donate, we as a church will double it. So we're going to use that money and we're going to give it to the Help Squad because we're going to get a great return on our Christian mission. Why the plate being passed because we're supposed to as Christians to help those in the community that are underserved or on life's margins. That's you know, check your sermon on the Mount and your Christian philosophy on that fifty five hundred dollars the congregation put in the plate, resulting in an eleven thousand dollars contribution and a wonderful return on investment in terms of fulfilling the Christian mission of that church. That's a beautiful, beautiful thing and it warms my heart. So help out in some way if you can, Drew Pappus, hold on, brother, your calls is important to me. I'll be happy to take it. After I mentioned the wonderful product that is rhino shield. Product's so good that we got it from my daughter or fiance for their barn. Yeah, it really that barn. You're right, I'm talking about people don't have a lot of extra money to throw around, young couples starting out with a new a big project on their hands with their little phar met as I like to call it, but a gorgeous barn at least in so far as it being structurally sound and big and totally functional. It looked terrible old yellow flaking paint on it. Every time I drove by it, I'm like, ah, man, and it was an isore. I'm not saying anything they didn't know already, but do they have the resources allocate to have that thing painted? And why would you paint it when rhino shield exists. It's a ceramic coating. It's like eight to ten times thicker than paint. They do a great job of preparing the surface for the application of the rhino shield to whatever surface.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: Like, instead of painting your home, you call rhino shield. Put the rhino shield on, and guess what you get a twenty five year guarantee it will not fade, It will not chip. It's going to look the same twenty five years from now than it does the day they put it on. Talk about great product. It is a wonderful product. Protects the surfaces, resists UV rays, and it reflects the heat as well, so you get better energy efficiency. Saying if you're putting it on your home, don't paint right no shield. Find them online. They're not They're located and it's like they serve the entire greater Cincinnati area. But it's rhinoshield ky dot com, Rhino shield rh I know rhinoshield ky dot com. Upright hand corner. Click to schedule a free quote. Eight five five seven four four sixty six oh five. That's eight five five seven four four sixty six oh.
Speaker 8: Five fifty five car the talk station IF.
Speaker 1: Jennel nine first warning weather forecast got a uh well, partly cloudy day to day with a high of eighty six, just a few clouds over night, sixty seven for the low, eighty eight with sunny skies tomorrow, sixty eight with clear skies overnight, and ninety will be our high on Saturday. It's going to be a dry day. Uh sixty eight degrees right now What's what's going on with traffic?
Speaker 9: Chuck from the UCU Traumphings Center.
Speaker 11: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplander from multicultural communities give the gift of life, become an organ downer or explored living to nation and you see health dot com slash transplant. There's an accident. He spent two seventy five near Hamilton Avenue. That traffic starting to back up the coal Raine stop Pound seventy five slows through Wakland.
Speaker 9: Crews are also.
Speaker 11: Working with an accident on Cincinnati Dayton at Fountains Boulevard. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven to fifty five KRSD talk station and very happy Friday eve to We're gonna learn about the Sincanni Classical Academy with Jed Hardings after the top of the air news he's the president there and what a wonderful education opportunity they are offering. Amazing that further Ado, let's head over to the phone. He's got a couple of callers online. Kevin hang On Andrew Pappas, Welcome back to the morning show, my friend. Always good to hear from you. Hey, Brian, Good morning, listen.
Speaker 14: I had I was just back in town from traveling, and I got to tell you, you know, I just want to bring it to everyone's attention, this this crime epidemic that is occurring here in Cincinnati, and the obvious demonstration of the ineptness of our mayor, oor current mayor and his administration, who feels that it's more important and more effective to make kitchy little TikTok videos or whatever you call him that.
Speaker 2: He's just releasing.
Speaker 14: Seems like a plethora of him, you know, manly walking around downtown in guinea jeans with his narrow.
Speaker 1: Shoulders, and that poor police officer who was forced to get involved with that, he didn't look thrilled to be there, to be honest.
Speaker 5: With you, No, no he did not.
Speaker 14: But I guess my point here is I was just down south actually in Texas, and I was looking for some of those Democrat representatives that fled the state. But the point is is that this is national news and Cincinnati is taking it right on the chin, and it is I just want.
Speaker 1: People to know the the PR.
Speaker 14: Dilemma or the PR disaster that is a sorry right now, and last night yet another a murder downtown. Someone was killed. This is just horrible for the city. And I cannot imagine that somebody that is a group or organization that might be planning a convention or a gathering or some sort of event right now, sin has got to be the bottom of the list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's don't you think that's what the reaction was from the Mayor's office out of the gate, i e. No reaction, and then going angry at the media for even reporting on it. It's blowing the whole narrative that Cincinnati's this open, loving, you know, low crime community when you know there are just whitewashing the facts. I suppose.
Speaker 14: Well, the problem also is is that this just clearly demonstrates what happens when you I mean, it's just really demonstrates the absolute ineptitude of this mayor and his administration. And I mean it starts at the top, and this mayor has absolutely no no experience, no real life experience to draw on to all these issues other than smile, you know, wave to the camera, put your skinnygens on, and look serious in front of the camera. But you know, it's it's what happens when you have such a just a shallow experience to draw upon and offers no real solutions other than you know, it's okay, We're great.
Speaker 9: You know, we're okay.
Speaker 14: Almost like when you when your child is having a problem and all you try to do is make them laugh instead of cry, but not address the real issue of what's you know, what's occurring there, what's under the surface.
Speaker 9: So and I guess i'd be frank.
Speaker 14: My good friend GP caraman Alex wrote pend of great posts the other day, and this is squarely on the Democrat Liberal Democrats supported judges that we have here in Hamilton County that are soft on crime. If city council can pass resolutions, pass a curfew, what does that matter if the judges are not going to enforce.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these rules and lawns. And that's what Bernie Moreno was announcing yesterday that with through Columbus maybe some new legislation, they can force judges to impose, you know, obligations when it comes to bond hearings, when it comes to sentencing, in other words, followed sentencing guidelines or follow whatever guidelines come out of Columbus. You are forced to do it. You do not have any flexibility that may be one of the ways to address soft on crime judges wait and see it. Currently is not the circumstance. We have too many judges who are not tough on crime, and that sends a message out everybody has clearly found out about. Thank you, Drew Pappas. Let's pivot over to Kevin Farmer. Maybe he's got some solutions. He is running for since any civin city council. You can find him online at vote Kevinfarmer dot com. He's been on the program before. Kevin, Welcome back to the show. Good to hear from you today the morning Bee.
Speaker 9: How you doing man, You are an amazing guy. Brian bro I'm.
Speaker 13: Just saying right now, the issue is we got to get a I want to know if Bernie Moreno talk to are mayor about eliminating the sanctuary status, because you're seeing it as we speak, this is a safe haven for crime.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he did if to the extent he did it he did me with law enforcement FBI, the mayor and police Chief Dji the other day. He didn't talk about the details of that. Said it started off kind of shaky, but ultimately ended well. Whether they talked about sanctuary city. I do not know. I really do not know. Kevin.
Speaker 13: My thing is, if we can start with that elimination, because think about it. If if this the Jill isn't sanctuary, so why is our city sanctuary?
Speaker 1: It's a legitimate question, Kevin. I appreciate you raising it. Vote Kevin, vote, Kevin Farmer dot Com.
Speaker 2: I was I didn't hear you.
Speaker 1: I was impressed when you're on the program a week or so ago. I was impressed by your enthusiasm. Kevin. You're obviously a cheerleader for the city, and you have some I thought, some really good ideas and thoughts, and as as council member, you would not be voting for sanctuary city status. That's clearly established this morning. So well, Kevin Farmer dot com. Gotta run, man, You're good to hear from you. Feel free to call you Tom Kevin fifty five fifty five krsit the talk station Jed Harding's president of Sin Santa Classical Academy, follow by iHeart media adation expert Jay Rattle of coming up in the next hour. Please stick around.
Speaker 8: You will be called the twelve Day War.
Speaker 1: I suppose that's what we were nicknaming it already.
Speaker 8: Another update at the top of the hour, the use of military course fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 16: This report is sponsored by on your Summer back Back of Information.
Speaker 1: I love how they just cover everything.
Speaker 8: Fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: ATO five the fifty five KRC the talk station. By the time was here wishing everybody very happy Thursday slash Friday. Bottom of the hour, I heard media aviation expert Jay Rattler and as with a distinct pleasure to welcome back to the fifty five KRSY Morning Show doctor Jed Hardings, who is the president of the Cincinni Classical Academy. You can find them online. It's sincey with y sincy classical dot org. Get in line. It is an amazing education opportunity, classical education and this is the kind of thing and it's really truly amazing. Welcome back, doctor Hartings. It's a pleasure to have you on the program. Every time I see your website, I just stare in awe. You got almost one thousand students from sixty three zip codes in the greater Cincinnati area. That is a huge draw. If you build it, they will come. And in terms of people clamoring for a better education for their children. Guess what you find it at sinc Anti Classical Academy. Welcome back, Doctor Harding's pleasure to have you here.
Speaker 17: Thanks so much, Brian.
Speaker 1: Is there a line all the way around the block to get in? I know you're accepting applications at least cording to the website for the twenty five to twenty six school year. Currently it's K through nine correct.
Speaker 17: That's correct. Yep, We're gonna have nine hundred sixty students this fall, just few weeks here in kindergarten through ninth grade, and then we'll of course be adding a grade level each year until we're fully through the twelfth grade with thirteen hundred students.
Speaker 1: Well, demand, I imagine his outstriped supply in terms of space. How many people will be applying for these nine hundred and sixty spots.
Speaker 17: Well, they've already applied. I mean that's nine hundred and sixty that we have room for, and then there's a you know, further wait list over five hundred long. So yeah, it's been a real struggle to meet the growth and the demand through these years, especially on a charter school budget. But you know, the big news now is that we do have that solution in place. We bought the property in blue ash By Summit Park, signed the purchase agreement just less than eighteen months ago, and now we're ready to open it as our middle and high school campus.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fantastic.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's really wonderful. And you know, we're going to have a grand opening celebration on August eighteenth. This is open to the public. It's an open house for two hours from four thirty to six thirty, with a formal ribbon cutting ceremony and everything. You know, maybe, Brian, I hope you'll consider coming out to join us site, because really just thirty minutes of visiting the school will give you a different idea of what education can and should be well.
Speaker 1: And you know, I look at your curriculum and it's really just so healthy and refreshing to see how you approach learning explicit phonics, you know Latin, I mean, I know you teach Latin at the SINSI Classical Academy. There's a lot of reasons that people should still be a you know, learning Latin because it's the core foundation for our language, classics reading and I love reading the classics, and I still do as an adult, and I think that's fantastic talk about building your thought processes in your logic and learning ability by reading classical education. You got the seventeen seventy six curriculum and Singapore Math. What is Singapore math as opposed to the kind of math or teaching in public schools for example.
Speaker 3: Singapore.
Speaker 17: It's based on the program used in Singapore, which has been the number one country globally in math instruction for you know, a decade in running. So they must be doing something right. But it's just it's it's no, it's not the new quote new maths as we've heard about in public schools. It's just common sense math the way you would you would have been taught and I was taught. But it's also it's also explaining a little bit more about the concepts underlying the arithmetic manipulations rather than just memorizing the rules for for instance, how to do long division.
Speaker 1: And you've had some great success with students who've been through the since I Classical Academy. Are you tracking what they have done after lead departing the Sinsant Classical Academy and the success that they're having.
Speaker 17: Well, of course, we don't have graduates yet, we're just starting our first freshman class. But the test results Brian has been off the charts. The school exceeds well. We just calculated this, which is that a student at Cincinnati Class School Academy is three and a half more times likely to test as proficient in math, reading, and science compared to the Ohio average Ohio public school three and a half times more likely to be proficient.
Speaker 1: That's outstanding. But I imagine, you know, the children who've left the since I classical academy to say at grade nine, probably have a profound advantage and leaps ahead of folks in the same situation who've been through K through nine in the public schools. I mean, that might serve they might be a little bored when they get over to public school after leaving the classical academy.
Speaker 17: Yeah, well you would think so. But there are many students where we can look to see if that happens. Because we've had a retention rate at the school between nine right around ninety eight percent, so very students are leaving, and we were particularly excited that ninety five percent of our eighth graders from last year have returned to the school for high school.
Speaker 1: I have to think, and you correct me if I'm wrong, Doctor Harding's that a parent who hears about the Sinsant Classical Academy and enrolls their child there and whatever efforts they have to go through to get their child from wherever they're living over to the Sinsant Classical Academy physical location, those folks are truly concerned about ensuring that their children get a great education. I have to imagine that parents like that who would go through this process and through the extra logistical hurdles to get there, get their children there each and every day. The children are probably, I have to imagine, very disciplined. They're not problematic, and they're not disruptive. Coming from a solid background, you have less interruptions in classroom and better opportunity to actually teach as opposed to deal with disciplinary issues.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I think that's correct. I think that families are driving a long way, in many cases an hour each way. They're making a lot of sacrifices because what's more important than the education of their children, what their children are being exposed to for you know, forty hours a week, and their families that have done their homework and value this and seek for their children an education. Not only that's going to you know, teach them the three rs and you know, give them good skills, but it's going to teach their children moral character, civil virtue.
Speaker 1: That's what I was hoping to hear from you. And you know I've said a.
Speaker 17: Million times of mind heart and soul.
Speaker 1: Mind, heart, and yep, what a profound shift from the what you get in the since they are in the public schools generally speaking. You know, doctor, I've always said, the second best gift my parents ever gave me, after the gift of life, was a gift of education. I was commenting and reflecting earlier in the program, if we were talking to the help squad about people on life's margins needing a leg up. It's how blessed I am to not have to look back. And you know, my parents save me from that by getting me a solid education. I've been able to take care of myself because of my education background. And here it is right there, since a classical academy. Now, going back to your new facility again next to the Summit Park, how many more children are you going to be able to serve there beyond the nine hundred and sixty that you take care of.
Speaker 17: Now we'll have capacity to go up to thirteen hundred students total between our two campuses. So we have the lower school campus K through four in Reading, Ohio, and then three miles away it's something at Park and Blue Ash. We'll have capacity for another eight hundred and fifty students, which will be grades five through twelve.
Speaker 1: Now, you need more space to expand as the years roll on, you keep adding an additional grade or will this new space along with the other space satisfy your needs.
Speaker 17: We've built all the space in the past nine months that we will need to go all the way through twelfth grade. So that's great, problem solved. We are excited, We're excited to go in this campus. We're excited to grow over the next three years and just to focus on education and learning. I mean, for the board and for all the supporters. Most of the campus development problem that is solved. So you know, I think it's one of the biggest stories in education in Cincinnati in the last decade or.
Speaker 5: More at least.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I just kind of wonder if you can explain my listening audience. I know you're a Hillsdale College members school. But this wasn't there one day and the next thing you know, you've got a since Ani Classical Academy. How did you launch this effort? How is it that this wonderful organization that people are that there is in fact a line around the block trying to get in. How is it that it got started and it even exists right now?
Speaker 17: Doctor myself and a couple others just had the idea when we discovered, you know, that there was this classical education model and were enamored with it as the solution to all of the ills that plague our other schools and universities and colleges. We just got together and just started doing the work in twenty nineteen, and it took about three years to apply to Hillsdale and get affiliation to use their curriculum and have the school's support in terms of instruction and guidance, and open the doors in twenty twenty two, after three years of effort.
Speaker 1: Now I know my listening audience can help out. You do accept donations to this inside Classical Academy.
Speaker 17: Yes, absolutely, Go to SINCI Classical dot org and click on the giving page. We accept gifts and all forms, the state gifts, one time contributions.
Speaker 5: You name it.
Speaker 17: We would love to have any one support, especially because the financial challenges are real. Charter schools get about a third less funding than the average state school. We get about nine thousand dollars per student from the state, and compare that to you know, twenty or twenty five thousand dollars that you know, Indian Hill or Wyoming or Sycamore school districts receive and funding. So it's yeah, we're getting the same test scores you know, or better so, and we're teaching with some different aims. So I think it's a really worthy cause that really transcends consideration just of where your kids are going to school. This is a national movement, a restoration of yes, the education needed for a free thinking and self governing citizenry. So I think that that would be an appealing cause for everyone, regardless of whether you have children or have children in school or not.
Speaker 1: Well, I wish you had the resources to take an unlimited number of students because I know you're doing the right thing for those young people and their education and helping them secure a solid future where they can in fact take care of themselves. They do think critically and can logically and reasonably analyze things as opposed to just, you know, churning out something that was memorized by some woke professor or teacher. You know, God, God bless what you're doing, doctor Hardings. And I just encourage my listeners to check out all the information at sincey with a y sincy classical dot org. If you're lucky, one of the lucky few to get in, I'd do it for your child. You'd be doing all lifetime's worth of benefit. Doctor Harding's anything else you want to add for we part company today.
Speaker 17: No, I think that covers it. I we would appreciate the support of anyone who believes in teaching how to think, not what to think, who thinks it's important to learn logic, economics, history, government, moral philosophy. Come on out and join us on August eighteenth for our open house four thirty to six thirty and we'll have a celebration afterwards. And Brian, I really thank you, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: On August eighteen, four thirty to six thirty at the Blue or at the Summit Park campus location. Doctor Hardings, God bless you, sir. Keep up the great work and look forward to another school year of learning excellence at the Sin Sant Classical Academy.
Speaker 17: I do too, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Take care of my friend. It's eight eighteen right now, fifty five care City Talk Station. Oh if only all the schools taught that way and only a fall, only all the auto repair places charged like Foreign Exchange, we'd all be a lot happier. Don't go to the dealer to get your automobile fixed. If you got an imported car traditionally manufactured or a Tesla and you want to save money, automobile repair expenses have gone through the roof. Not that they were affordable at any given time, but you know that could really be a problem, as we learned earlier with the help Squad. Yeah, Foreign Exchange won't charge you as much, though it's critically important you will get an a SC certified Master technician working on your car. They do have access to your manufacturer's technical information. They do software upgrades and programming for all the imports you can throw at them, and you get a full warranty on parts and service, and they don't charge as much, so, you know, all things being equal, Although I would argue Foreign Exchange probably treats you better than the dealership. They're really friendly folks, but for saving money is the bottom line. That is the bottom line of foreign exchange. Learn more online. Hey twenty three and fifty five KRC detalk station Happy Thursdays. Last Friday Eve always made extra happy because the iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay Rattles joined the program at eight thirty. We have quite a few topics go over with Jay today. Anyway, real quick here, why don't we do this in Ohio? And it really kind of irked me that Ohio wasn't on the list of states. We now can add six more states that have gotten waivers that allowed those states because they asked the federal government for a waiver to ban something that shouldn't be included in SNAP benefits anyway, soda, candy, and other high sugar junk foods. Right Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program aka SNAP FKA food stamps. Have you read any reports about how bad sugar is for you? The waivers amend the statutory definition of eligible foods purchase under SNAP granted now too, West Virginia, Florida, Colorado, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas, adding to the list of other states that have gotten it already approved, and good for them. We all should endeavor to get the sugar out of our diets much as possible, as sugar is literally in everything and by all reports not good for you. And I thought it rather peculiar. Twelve states now have banned have been granted snap waivers along these lines. Why should we be paying to feed people things that have absolutely zero nutritional value? And I thought it was weird Fox News reporting on this, so give them credit. ABC News medical correspondent Aryan Sutton argued the move, although pushed as an effort to improve healthcom out comes, lacks evidence. There's no evidence that taking away access to soda will actually fight these conditions. We have a morbid obesity problem in this country, and our children are getting more and more obese. They're getting fatter every year. It's a known problem. It's impacting recruiting for the American military. It's not good for people, young people now experiencing heart disease problems and things of that nature. Yeah, it's independent article yesterday related to the increase in cancer that's going on among very young people in this country, directly toward their problem with weight. So let's cut the sugar out. Let's have more states apply for a waiver and ask yourself the question, why would we pay for something of zero nutritional value under a program that's supposed to help people get nutritious food. Not asking to eradicate the program, just asking to bring about some logic and reason to it. Congratulations to the states that exercise some logic and reason on behalf of the folks who are receiving SNAP benefits. It does them a world of good eight twenty six. Right now, if you five kc DE talk station Jay Ratliff coming up next. First talk to Susette Lows the Camp why mortgages. She's working for you great rates at a low cost, no junk fees, no application fees, that's what you'll get. So she's your person, and she's looking out into the world where all these mortgage products exist. So she's trying to find you the best possible product for you. She's got thirty five plus years experience in the mortgage business. And because she's a cross country mortgage it's cross country any state you happen to be in. Susette is there to help you, and you'll be glad you turn to her outstanding at customer service, just as sweet as she can be, fun to work with and quick too. She helped my daughter and Eric get their financing in about I think it was like two days. Yeah, after a week or more run around with a bank they had been working with. So work with Suzette. Line of duty benefit as well protecting those who protect us. You get five hundred and twenty five thousand dollars. They'll cover up to that amount to pay your outstanding mortgage if you should fall in the line of duty. Just a little extra perk from the good people at Cross Country Mortgage. Call her up five one three three one three fifty one seventy six three one three fifty one seventy six, or send her an email to Susette dot Low's camp. It's spelled l O s E KA MP Susette dot Low's camp at CCM dot com.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: The talk station, The Simply Money Minute is sponsored by m JOHNN one. On the forecast time you got a partly cloudy day to day eighty six for the high down to sixty seven of nine. Just a few clouds eighty eight are high tomorrow under sunny sky, clear and sixty eight overnight in a hot one on Saturday ninety degrees the high dry day though seventy Right now time for traffic.
Speaker 9: From the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant from multicultural communities give the Gift of life, become an organ donor, or explore living donation at u see health dot com.
Speaker 9: Slash Transplant Cris.
Speaker 11: Continue to work with a wreck on the left shoulder southbound seventy one near Piper. Traffic is off and on the breaks through Blue Ash and ken Wood southbound seventy five heaviest out of Evendale down to the lateral Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's a thirty here fifty five krs de Talk station. Always look forward to Thursdays at this time because get iHeartMedia. Aviation expert Jay ratlifts updates and information on what's going on in the world of air traffic and aviation generally speaking, and goofy things that happen. Welcome back to Jay Ratliff love on the show.
Speaker 3: I love the goofy things we talk about right now.
Speaker 1: It's the best part. And this isn't intend to be a curveball recognizing you.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, hair Coms, No, I know, yeah yeah, Joe Warren me here comes.
Speaker 1: Southwest Airlines, one of your topics had a council more than seven hundred flights due to weather, which I understand, but ongoing computer issues. And I woke up this morning and saw this article. United Airlines temporarily grounded all of its mainline flights yesterday due to a technical issue, although the articles from Fox nineteen that I read rather sketchy on the details. Do you know why, I mean all of their flights.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was a groundstop and anything that hadn't taken off wasn't going to take off. And we have this happen every so often. Of course, Southwest has had their computer issues before in the past that happened at the worst possible time around Christmas. You've had United, even Delta and others that have had these issues with their computer systems, and you just hope that they crash may not be the appropriate word, but that they malfunction in May or September, because those are the two slowest travel months of the year.
Speaker 1: But they don't.
Speaker 3: It's like the car conks out on us at the most critical time.
Speaker 1: We need it.
Speaker 3: And it's the same sort of situation here and with United when they ground their fleet, and even for a short period of time, the residual impact on that it goes for days and it could be Monday or Tuesday before everybody's going to get to where they're going. Because when you're talking about this time of the year, when most of the flights are filled or at capacity or close to it, you have ten thousand people that maybe got are on canceled flights.
Speaker 1: Where are you going to put them?
Speaker 3: I mean, it just it makes it so problematic. And that's one of the reasons that I tell people when they reach out to me when they're having and experiencing these kinds of flight interruption issues, to help out the agent as much as you can. You know, Sherry, I've been in specific cities trying to get home, and I tell the agent, get us to any airport in Ohio, any airport I will drive from from Cleveland to do because you know, coming into Cincinnati or Dayton, perhaps the flights are filled. And if I can give them the option of you know, four or five different airports, it really enhances our chances of getting home.
Speaker 1: Now, Look, I've got to.
Speaker 3: Pay for the rental car to get us back, so I make sure that that's available first. But if that's the case, point, I mean, if you can help the agent out. Sometimes it means the difference between a day or two and getting home or getting to your destination.
Speaker 1: Well, and I always consider the time value of money. You know, if I'm going to sit around an airport for four or five six hours and I have to pay a few hundred dollars for the car, I'm going with the car I want home. I'm not going to piddle around in an airport or spend a night in a hotel room just to take advantage of getting flown home.
Speaker 3: Well, I tell people all the time to go as far as you can, as fast as you can, because I've seen people say, now I'll just wait for that next flight four hours from now, and then that flight cancels four hours. Lord, so you now you're spending the night until the next day, and you're kicking yourself. And that's why if I can get out of town now, I'm going to do it, and I'll go as far as I can, as fast as I can, because you simply know, especially as the day progresses, because once we get into the early afternoon evening hours, when a lot of these previously delayed flights really start to become more of an issue. Problems tend to get worse versus better. And that's why you know, I love flying early in the day, getting out on that originating flight if I can.
Speaker 1: That's my personal preference, all right. So, at least in so far as United shut down and the Southwest Airlines shutdown, none of this relates to the shall we say safety on the aircraft itself. It's all external reservations and computer issues in terms of booking and getting people on the flights right right.
Speaker 3: It would be a lot like you if you have let's just transportation wise, Let's say you've got a truck full of cargo ready to go, but they don't have the paperwork they need to leave, right.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: Everything's working fine, they just don't have what they need to begin the journey, and that's that's what takes place there. I've been through more than a few of the computer issues where we have ims with the weather release, flight release or something else that needed to be generated from a waiting ballot standpoint that slowed things down operationally and it's tough, but it's it's nothing that relates to safety.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was trying to envision that ripple effect when you're shutting down all this air. Oh yeah, it's got the ring here. Oh not what you want. Eight thirty five ify five cares of the dog station. Don't vape on an airplane apparently that and more coming up with Jay rattle If I'll be right.
Speaker 6: Back fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: We all remember time for the Channeline weather forecasts got a partly CLOUDI downer hands today, eighty six for the high down to sixty seven to night, which is a few clowns. Eighty eight under sunny skys tomorrow clear and sixty eight overnight and a high of ninety on Saturday, dry day. It'll be seventy one right now. Time for traffic, I think.
Speaker 9: From the UCU Transling Centerarier.
Speaker 11: At least sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplander from multicultural communities give the gift the bike, become an organ donor, or explore living donation, are using how the comm slaves transplant crews are working with a couple of wrecks on the highway southbound seventy one at Peifer.
Speaker 9: They are over on the left hand side.
Speaker 11: Traffic slows a bit from two to seventy five westbound two seventy five are wrecked on the left shoulder before you got towards corner. Shown Kingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Have ever been in a cockpit before? Jay Ratliff has a thirty eight on a Thursday talking aviation news with I heard needy aviation expert Jay ratleft and don't vape on an airplane. I guess Jay a lesson to be learned here.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, probably because I don't know a felony and they talk about it all the time before departing. No smoking in the laboratories, no vaping. Oh there was a gentleman on an American Airlines flight went to the laboratory and thought he and that really didn't apply to me. So he starts vaping and unbeknownst to him that the alarm in the cockpit goes off, indicating that you know, somebody's doing what they're not supposed to do.
Speaker 1: They got Vada Tech. I'm back. They have vaped at Tech in the bathrooms.
Speaker 3: They've got all kinds of stuff INDI visuals, there. Well, you want to know if somebody's smoking. And the alarms are set up for a reason, because if a fire breaks out.
Speaker 1: It's your toast.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can't get the airplane on ground fast enough. So what ends up taking place is the flight tens go and they open up the door and there he is sitting in vaping. Well, you don't have the right to open up the door on me. And he went on to proclaim that he was important. He had twenty five thousand followers. Brian, I mean that makes him. I think he's in at least the top five five million people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you know who I am?
Speaker 2: That's it, brother, And then he goes on to.
Speaker 3: Say and I love this. He says, I have a lawyer. I'm a lawyer. Blah blah blah blah blah. This is when the police are boarding and he says justice is about to be served. That I think was one of his last Yeah, yeah, he's right, it is. Justice is about to be served, and your butt is going away now. I don't know if you'll be charged with a felony.
Speaker 1: He should be.
Speaker 3: He will never be a lot of flying American airlines. I get that you'll face a pretty good fine from the Federal Aviation Administration. But it's just one of those reminders that you just don't do stuff that's going to get you in trouble. Now, if it's a severe enough infraction, they could actually divert the plane to another location in land to get you off the airplane, and that inconveniences you and does a lot of things. I think it opens you up to a lot of civil suits that people want to sue you for what you caused to happen to their flight that has been missing certain things in their life, business meetings, funerals.
Speaker 2: Those types of things.
Speaker 3: So but again, you know, this type of stuff happens, and when you recognize maybe two to three million people a day that fly, I think statistically we should be shocked that we don't have these things happen more often, because when they do happen, social media makes it clear of who doing what. And Yeah, this guy was trying to play the victim card and I don't think it's gonna work.
Speaker 1: Wow, Well I learned something today. There's no other vape detectors in bathrooms on airlines. I don't know. I've always viewed vaping as fairly inocuous compared to actually smoking. You got to have fire or smoke. The smell is obviously much much greater with smoke. The smoke actually clings to the surface of your clothes and you reclect cigarettes and I get all that, but vaping it's I mean, I've sat next to people who have vaped and you can barely even smell the whatever flavor it is they're vaping. Let alone have any concerns like secondhand smoke concerns. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Just well, sometimes when you are vaping and smoking, sometimes the smell to somebody like me could seem the same, so it would be you know, and again I'm no expert on it, but the point is we've had some very bad things happen in the history of aviation when people have been smoking on board aircraft when they were supposed to and to dispose of the evidence, they throw the you know the quote extinguished cigarette into the trash can pull. You find out it's not extinguished, and it catches on fire. So yeah, it's these are the types of things that you have to make sure that you take as seriously as you need to, because you know, there's a lot of serious consequences when things go bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hear you there, and you know, I understand combustibility and the idea that smoking is far more dangerous, But if it's the smell then becomes the issue because of vaping. Are we going to have like shower requirements and deodorant requirements for people to get on airplanes?
Speaker 3: Jay Bright Bright, I've had to tell people they couldn't fly because it's not like they hadn't had a bath in three months.
Speaker 1: Oh lord almighty.
Speaker 3: That's that's a very delicate conversation that you have to have. But that is yeah, you know, or you know, if somebody's acting a certain way, or if they appear to be under the influence of something I mean these are, or if they're just rowdy and they're the point where they're belligerent, you have to pull them off to the side and explain to them that they're not gonna be allowed to take this particular flight. But don't worry, we're going to get you on the another one. We'll take care of you and then even by launch to can help you kill time. But it's the airlines have the right to deny boarding to us for a variety of reasons if somebody's not wearing enough clothing or somebody's wearing offensive clothing. I agreed, some of this is subjective, but when you try to figure out what's going to be in the best interest of the people that are flying, you can't, you know, prohibit every single piece of offensive material. But you know, it went so bad that during the Clinton Trump stuff that sometimes people that were wearing a Trump shirt with some airlines that was considered something that other passengers could find offensive. Now, obviously, if it's a Trump shirt and he's flipping people off, I get that, But some of these were just a Trump shirt that people said that that's offensive, and you talk about ridiculous. That's how far down that path we went.
Speaker 1: Trump derangement syndrome was alive and well maybe not anymore very much. So ay, well, let's see if we can get this other one in before we take a break here. Parents leave on vacation, have a passport problem. As a I guess this resulted in a social media a frenzy. So what's this about you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Good lord?
Speaker 3: You know this may be one of those ones. You say, Jay, you're making this up, but I am not. A family goes to an airport in Spain. They're going on vacation, mom, dad, and at least one child. They may have had two, I don't know. But the the ten year old had a passport that was expired. He couldn't fly, okay, so they left him. They left him, they left, they went on vacation. Yeah, you know, I'm not going to let my son's expired passport, Marian, interfere.
Speaker 1: With my vacation.
Speaker 3: These moms, mom and dad get on the plane, leave, they call a relative to come pick up their son at the airport, which eventually.
Speaker 1: I guess they would have done.
Speaker 3: Now, what kind of meant and I can't call these people parents, But what kind of mentality do you have when it's okay with you to leave a ten year old at an international airport, Well, you get to go on vacation. I mean, because it was clearly the ten year old's fault that his pastor has expired, because you know, they're all responsible for their own passports. No, it was clearly mom and dad's fault. And just yeah, so that's why it went boom viral immediately, because who most people don't let their kids go to the bathroom by themselves. Right at maybe ten years of age. But to leave them alone at an airport when my god, anything could happen to them. It just yeah, So I don't know what sort of legal fallback they're.
Speaker 2: Going to have.
Speaker 1: They've got to have something, visits from Child Family Protective Services in order, I would hope.
Speaker 3: So I'm not saying necessarily a firing squad. That might be a little extreme here, but the idea that this child and who knows what he has to put up with when they're not at airport, oh god, but the thought process of leaving somebody you know, there are I have to report on sad, sad, sad stories when people show up with dogs at airports to find out they've got to pay extra and they walk away from the dog and abandon their pet. I mean, that breaks my heart. Do you do it to a ten year old? Right? And that's why you'll never hear me say those words I talk about. I've seen it all. It's arrogant, it's asinine. I'll never utter those words because I'll never underestimate how stupid people can act sometimes, and this is one of those situations.
Speaker 1: Well, inevitably the bar will be lowered even further down the road someday, Jay carry stain. It really is more problems at Boeing. Can it get any worse for Boeing?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 1: And hub delays coming up next. It's eight forty six right now, but you have got karc de talk station.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC two years ago.
Speaker 1: Bobby Carver time one more time with the Chaman nine weather forecast and me partly thoudy day to day going up to eighty six, sixty seven low overnight with just a few clowns, eighty eight tomorrow on your sunny skies, clear night sixty eight and ninety for the high Saturday with dry conditions seventy one Right now, what's going on? Final traffic time chuck from you see up Tramping Center.
Speaker 11: Near least sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant are from multicultural communities. Give the gift of life, become an organ donor, or explore living donation at u see health dot com.
Speaker 9: Slabs.
Speaker 11: Transplant crews are working with a couple of wrecks on the Highway southbound seventy one at Fifer. They're over on the left hand side. Traffic slows a bit from two to seventy five westbound two seventy five are wrecked on the weft shoulder before you get to Ward's corner. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's eight forty nine on a Thursday, Tech Friday with Dave had Ur Tomorrow at six thirty every Friday here in the morning show appointment listening to that one Yeah, like, I think this is a point listening as well. One more seven here with irmedia aviation expert Jay Ratliff. Wha, what more could go wrong? And Boeing Jay, Yeah, Well, you.
Speaker 3: Know they're facing a work stoppage, and this is from a smaller group. It's about thirty two hundred people and they rejected the contract and they are on strike. And they're thinking, okay, well, last year at this time you and I were talking about a different Boeing strike that had thirty three thousand people walk off the job that lasts for seven weeks. This is thirty two hundred. You're thinking, Wow, the number seems you know, a little bit easier maybe for Boeing to manage. The problem is that these are the individuals that work on the defense contract side of things. Oh and that represents about a third of Boeing's yearly revenue. So this is a significant group of people. And I'm really hoping that this doesn't go seven weeks, and I doubt that it will. But you know, they turned down a contract that could have given them up to I think about a forty percent pay increase over time, five thousand dollars bonus and some other things, and it wasn't good enough, and they're looking for something that And this is really I'd almost say it's one of the last turtles that Boeing has from an employee standpoint. But they've got most everything else in line and they're turning things around in a very positive way. And certainly we wanted to continue because this isn't just a Boeing issue. Boeing has just a tremendous number of support businesses that they deal with that depend on Boeing, that you know, for supplies and services and things of that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and we talked.
Speaker 3: It was in April when their stock had dipped down to that one hundred and thirty four dollars a share or something. It's up to two twenty five two thirty at this point in time. Because they're doing a lot of things right the production of their aircraft is improving, they're getting more FAA support on some of the changes that they're making and some things that need to take place. But you know, here's another hurdle for the Boeing management team to cross, and I suspect that they're going to handle it pretty well. And again internally from a management standpoint, they're putting some people in power that have engineering backgrounds and that thrills me because that's the Boeing of old and I hope that continues well.
Speaker 1: So do I I mean the ripple effect. I wasn't even considering that, but clearly, these thirty two hundred folks being involved in military relations contracts, they've got a lot of leverage over Boeing considering the amounts of revenue that is.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, And do you think there might be a little pressure coming from DC thing get this settled, because I mean, this is a national defense conversation too, when you're talking about a delay in some of the technology that we need to keep going. So that's one of the reasons I think it's going to be a significant shall we say, Oh, I guess priority for Boeing to get resolved one way or another. And of course the people that walk are clearly aware of that, so you know, we'll see where it goes.
Speaker 1: Yes, we will keep the popcorn out on it. And we always done on hub delays, Jay, why not end on them today? What's it like to travel out there?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think our problem children of the day are going to be Charlotte and Miami. Those two hubs I think could see some weather related delays.
Speaker 1: I think they're going to be minimal.
Speaker 3: I don't think any more about thirty minutes or so. I mean, you know, all bets are off as far as any of the afternoon pop up storms that could slow things down. But it's this point in time, it looks like it's gonna be a pretty decent day to travel. Still a good bit of turbulence that's out there, so if you're flying, it's not dangerous. Just keep your seat belt fastened about. It's just uncomfortable as you go through it. It can be a little unnerving, but believe me, having that seat belt off, kissing the ceiling is no fun. So please remember to get to the airport tours before departure, and please keep that seat belt fastened about you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, every time, real quick, herre. I just have every time you mentioned keeping the seat belts fast, and I think of these photographs that I've seen about air travel of old days when they had like table settings and real silverware and plates and salt and pepper shakers and all that out there, that stuff's going everywhere.
Speaker 3: Well, we had a Delta flight coming out of Amsterdam. They had some turbulence where things went everywhere. Those pictures are online now, so if you google, you know Delta turbulence and you see the images of the bag carts, the food wherever. Yeah, looks like I mean, things were just thrown about. Injuries from hitting the ceiling and injuries from things hitting you, especially when the food service is ongoing, because you never know what's going to happen until you're on top of it.
Speaker 1: And it can get rough, Yes it can. I've experienced some really wild turbulence of my limited and flying days. Jay Ratliff, thank you so much for spending time my listeners with me every Thursday. I truly appreciate and enjoying our conversations. I'm already looking forward to next Thursday, another opportunity to speak with you, my friend,