Speaker 1: David de Cook is a lucky, lucky man did not win the lotto, but he did find something of great value. All right, thanks for being with us. We'll tell you about that in just a second. It's The Sandy Show. Grab the podcast version of the show. Wherever it is you get your podcast, just search again The Sandy Show. So David to Cook. He's a farmer from Minnesota, and I guess took a little vacation to a Crater of Diamonds State Park, which is in Arkansas. He did this late last month. While David's there, he just kind of cruising along. He looked down. He saw something that looked like a candy wrapper. He bent down, he picked it up. Guess what he had? What a three point eight carrot diamond? Oh my god, which I mean kind of makes sense. He is at the Crater of Diamond State Park in Arkansas that he found it. But one report said it could be worth nearly twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, why aren't we going to that park and picking up diamonds?
Speaker 1: Because we would never be that lucky.
Speaker 2: He just thought he was doing a nice thing, picking up some trash, and it was a freaking diamonds.
Speaker 1: Three point eight. Now, it doesn't appear to be that great a quality of a diamond at night for like nineteen thousand dollars for three point eight carrots. That's not you know what I mean. Yeah, it's not that great. But hey, it's better than a.
Speaker 2: Kick in the butt, right right, I mean, it's just finding twenty thousand dollars on the ground is basically what he did exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I wonder if they allow uh well, I wonder if I was just gonna say, I wonder if they allow metal detectors into the crater of diamonds. I don't think you find diamonds with the metal.
Speaker 3: I don't think it would matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think it would matter either. Can I tell you real quick? So I guess is kind of funny. Actually, I ordered a air tag keychain, right okay, and put an air tag in it so I don't lose my keys. And I just ordered it a couple of days ago. It's going to be here today. And yesterday when I was on my walk, guess what, I lost your keys? Yeah, I dropped them on the trail somewhere. I lost found them, I did. I found them almost immediately I just started walking and found I just followed my steps. But how weird is it that I literally am waiting for an air tag and an air tag keychain and I lose my keys?
Speaker 3: Just my luck, right right.
Speaker 1: Thank goodness, I found them because I was walking around. I was looking for him, and I'm not gonna lie. To send a quick prayer to Saint Anthony, and two seconds later, there they were.
Speaker 2: Saint Anthony is the patron saying of finding things. Yes, of things that you've lost, Did you do that?
Speaker 3: Did you? They just fell out of your pocket?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just fell out of my pocket. I don't know. I had a bunch of other stuff in my hand as I started going yeah, and I was kind of getting organized and yeah, and they just fell out of my pocket. So, in fact, it's kind of funny. I was goofing over. What I was doing was goofing around with a GoPro video camera and I had the camera and I had the microphone. I'm just trying to get it all organized and stuff. And then I went back and watched the video and I heard the exact moment that the piece fell out of my pocket.
Speaker 2: Do you remember last time when you and I walked that you lost one of the microphones when you were using your drone. You got a bunch of stuff in your clearly need like a bag or something. Fanny packs need something. Because you're a dropper. Pockets can't be trusted.
Speaker 3: You're a dropper.
Speaker 1: I do. I dropped things and I lose things all the time. It's very frustrated.
Speaker 2: Never do I find anything, like David de Cook, did you just find what you dropped? It's never twenty thousand dollars, never ever ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, good for you, mister Cook. She's trusted. My name is Sandy. Stay with us. We've got more coming up. Tresha's got the story we love. In just a moment, you know, the conclave has started in Rome to select the new pope, and the Vatican made an announcement that one of Pope Francis's Pope Mobiles has been transformed into a mobile health clinic for kids in Gaza. Yeah. Yeah, they say it was one of his final wishes before he passed away last month.
Speaker 2: You want to know what another one of his final wishes was, and it happened. Everything every amount of money, all the money he had in his personal account, he gave it to a pasta making company right outside the Vatican walls, that is for people who have been incarcerated who are then coming out of prison and trying to start their lives over again. And he used to visit it all the time, and he gave all of his money to them to help people who are trying to rebuild their lives after being in prison.
Speaker 1: Do you imagine fighting that out if you're the guy that owns the pasta place, right, I've got to tell you something, old France as he left you some cash, Yeah, some money. Let's take the stories.
Speaker 2: Studio, all right. I don't understand how you get to do this and get in trouble.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about David Lee Roth. Sandy Okay.
Speaker 2: David Lee Roth, former Van Halen singer, made a triumphant return to the stage this past Saturday night.
Speaker 3: He played at the M three Festival.
Speaker 2: That before that he hadn't performed in five years in front of an audience.
Speaker 3: Apparently it went.
Speaker 2: So well he decided to announce his summer twenty twenty five tour.
Speaker 3: Let's back up a little bit.
Speaker 2: He did announce his retirement back in twenty twenty one, but he said that that was This is now the end of his first retirement, so now we're start in his second career.
Speaker 3: But he's going on tour.
Speaker 2: Starting July thirty first, with twelve dates, and he is going to be playing classic van Halen songs with the help of a new backup band.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean he could do that.
Speaker 3: Can you do that?
Speaker 1: You can cover songs in concerts? Yeah, but even though he.
Speaker 2: Was in van Halen, he can go out on his own and play van Halen songs without the band.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just like a cover band.
Speaker 3: I know that feels weird.
Speaker 1: To send rules apply Diamond Dave seventy years old out there on tour. I was never a David Lee Roth fan.
Speaker 3: People hated him or loved him.
Speaker 1: I was on that. I won't say hate, but I was on that, not a fan side of David Lee Roth. And he's cheesy man, He's just he's a song and dance guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I mean, because I don't think any of these are any of his own songs.
Speaker 3: It's literally just riding the coattails of the Van Halen songs. But I mean, I guess he was the front man.
Speaker 1: He was the face of the band, so that that evolution revolution of Van Halen before Sammy Hagar came along. Yeah, and yeah, I mean he'll probably get some fans. Like you said, he either loved him or didn't love him. Yeah, I gotta be out there.
Speaker 2: He's got about twelve tour dights going for a couple of months.
Speaker 1: He's the kind of guy that I just you know, if you've been around someone that just seems like they could never turn it off, like they always have to be funny. Yeah, always have to be Yes, that's what David Lee Roth is to me when you see him in interviews or just he just is that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I guess he has a craving for the attention. He's going to get out and do it tour. He'll sell some tickets, I guess so.
Speaker 2: And the other Van Halen members they're like, Okay, I guess he's doing that.
Speaker 1: Mark Anthony and the guys whatever, And Eddie's gone, Yeah. So it would be cool if he got his son to play with him Wolfgang, but he won't.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't do that. He would never do that.
Speaker 1: No him. I like that. That's good. All right, Well, good luck to Diamond Dave. He's gonna be out there that could be doing those scissor kick jumps anymore.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Splits or her keys or whatever. Cheerleader moves here, he's.
Speaker 3: Got short hair. Now he's got that hair?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Does he all right to win? All right? The Huffington posted a story about a parenting trend, and it's been around for a while. This is nothing new, but I think Tristia, you nailed it when you said it may have taken a break, right, and now it's back. It's like anything else, it's cyclical, it comes, it goes, and for a long time the FAFO parenting method has been gone, but now it's coming back.
Speaker 2: The FAFO stands for blank around and find out right guaranteeing technique.
Speaker 1: It's kind of what I remember from my childhood.
Speaker 2: I think anybody before this day and age, I feel like that's pretty much how they were raised.
Speaker 1: Right. So basically what it is is you just let your kids skin their knees, right. You'll let them go outside without a rain coat on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you let them experience the consequences of their own actions. Like you can tell them I wouldn't do that if I were you, But then they go ahead and choose to do that, and then they have to suffer the consequence.
Speaker 3: It's a perfect example.
Speaker 2: It's raining outside, I don't want to wear a rain cooder, take an umbrel?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Fine, and then later on when they call you wet and ask you to bring them an umbrella, you're like, I'm sorry, no, right, you chose to do this.
Speaker 3: Maybe next time you'll make the right choice.
Speaker 1: It doesn't go so far as to like let your kid run out into a busy intersection. What happens, it doesn't do bad.
Speaker 3: Since it first works and outlets or anything.
Speaker 1: Right, you're not doing that, but you're kind of letting your kids. I think we've been okay at that, Trish. I think sometimes I may have been a little sost consistent on things.
Speaker 2: I think, if anything, you were a little soft on it with that. I got to a point in probably middle school, with a can you bring me my book?
Speaker 3: I forgot it? Can you bring me this? I forgot it?
Speaker 2: And I was all no, because you put your back back together the night before, and you were the one. If I said no, she would call you, and you go, I'm gonna take it up to her. I forgot my lunch and I'd be like, no, I reminded you, so now you can buy your lunch.
Speaker 3: You go on, I'm gonna take her her lunch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I don't want to eat that stuff.
Speaker 3: At school, the lunch.
Speaker 1: Cheese and a hot dog bun.
Speaker 3: I understand.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, if either one of us were soft on this, I think it was probably you over me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, she's my little girl.
Speaker 2: If it was a boy, I wouldn't be and she probably then I would be the exactly.
Speaker 1: But then she gets it, and then she always slips in it. If I don't get that notebook, I'm going to get a zero, I know.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, you've never been worried about getting a zero.
Speaker 2: On something before? I mean, yeah, it's it's a never ending battle.
Speaker 1: I don't know about our listeners, but in our kids' school, it's really hard to get a zero because they give you every opportunity in the world. Oh my god, get it to get it right.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean you have to really really refuse to do the work to get a zero in school these days.
Speaker 1: Basically have to sit in the classroom and tell the teacher to f off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, basically. Yeah, but I will tell you this to stick this in because I have a lot of friends who are teachers. This is not necessarily We were talking about this a couple of weeks ago, how you can have something assigned at the beginning of the six weeks grading period and it's due in week one, but really the kids know they don't have to turn it in until the last day of week six. And I have a friend who's a teacher and she's like, just so you know, the teachers hate that too. It's more of a every child learns at their own pace, and as long as they learn it, that's what the goal.
Speaker 3: Is, which I get to I get it too.
Speaker 1: The goal is to learn it.
Speaker 2: And Right incredibly frustrating for teachers at times. Yeah, but also though we were talking about him like that is not preparing them though for the for college in the real world with deadline that has actual hard deadlines.
Speaker 1: I can't go into your boss and when the projects to go, oh yeah I need another day or yeah yeah, so I'll get to you get you that in six weeks. It doesn't work like right, doesn't work like that. Thanks for being with us. Grabbed the podcast version. If you're just joining us. More coming up for a singer that everybody's heard of. His real name is Henry John Buchendorf Junior. We'll tell you who that is. And just the second, thanks for being with us. My name is Sandy. Tell me to your name. My name is Tricia Awesome known is Tricksy.
Speaker 2: Tricia Delicia one of the only the reporter I am the reporter on this show.
Speaker 1: She feels us in on all the things going on in the world. So I don't know why, but I've always found it interesting to learn famous people's real names. We'll go way back, we'll start out. We'll start way way back there. Patsy Klein, you know what her real name was? I do not. Virginia Patterson Hensley, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was trying to find some kind of link. Yeah, I know what you can see from Patterson.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah maybe, so, uh, let's see other ones. Ozzy Osbourne his real name, yeah, John Michael Osborne.
Speaker 3: John Michael. He does not look like a John Michael.
Speaker 1: No, he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Do you know Sting's real name?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I do, but I can't think of it right now. Gordon Summons, Yes, Gordon, you know Bono's real name.
Speaker 3: I feel like I knew that too at some point. Paul Hewston Okay, No, I did not know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be weird, like like that everyone calls you, but your real name's Paul. No one calls you Paul. You know what I mean. That's kind of your mama. Yeah, maybe your mama does your government name, right, That's what these are. Do you have any of these?
Speaker 3: Did you know Shania Twain's real name?
Speaker 1: Um, No, I don't.
Speaker 3: Eileen Regina Edwards.
Speaker 1: She made a good choice by going with Shania Twain.
Speaker 2: Sanaia had no idea where that came when Twain was her stepfather's last name, but her name was Eileen Regina.
Speaker 1: Faith Hill's real name is Audrey faith Perry.
Speaker 2: I knew that in one of her and Tim McGraw's daughter's names is Audrey.
Speaker 1: We mentioned Slash from Guns N' Roses his real name saw His mama calls him Saul Hudson, Paul uh Courtney Love real name Courtney Harrison. Okay, would be interesting.
Speaker 2: I feel like it'd be a lot of pressure to pick your stage name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would be tough. A lot of times they're probably just given to you too. It just happens. Yeah, like Axel Rose. His real name is Bill Rose.
Speaker 3: Bill Bill Rose is the guy down the street. Moment is lawn on Saturday morning before it gets too hot.
Speaker 1: Bill Rose, real estate agent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a nice house, give you a good deal.
Speaker 1: You want to know who Henry John Dutchen Dwarf Junior is? Yes.
Speaker 2: John Denver, Oh Country Road Love John Denver. How old was he when he died?
Speaker 3: I was really young?
Speaker 1: Good question. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like he is one of the first stars that I remember knowing being aware of dying, like in a tragic way. He was in a plane crash a glider I think, wasn't it? It was he in a glider a plane, Well, glider is a plane, but I thought it was like a plane plane, like a like a single religion.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure you're looking at up real quest. I'll give you a few more people's uh government names. Garth Brooks, Troyl, Garth.
Speaker 3: Brooks, Troil Royal with a T. Yeah, you're right. Sorry, he died.
Speaker 2: John Denver died in losing control of You're a mental aircraft He was piloting huh in nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 1: That long ago twenty fifty three rge. Yeah, Hank Williams Senior. His real name Hiram King Williams.
Speaker 2: Hiram, Yeah, Hiram not real, Country Twain the him really, Hank Williams Junior's real first name is Randall.
Speaker 1: I did know that. And let's see a couple more here for you.
Speaker 3: Do you know who Harold Lloyd Jenkins is?
Speaker 1: I do know who that is.
Speaker 2: I know you did, because you're weirdly like a like a all know all things about this guy. Conway twittern Way, Hello, Darling, Harold Lloyd Jenkins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see I mentioned Slash. How about Alice Cooper?
Speaker 3: What's this?
Speaker 1: Vincent Fornier?
Speaker 2: It was his real name, from Vincent to Alice. Yeah, I wonder how it came up with Alice. I would love to know the story behind how they picked their names.
Speaker 1: Flee from the Red Hot Chili Peppers his real name is Mike Balzari. Mike Like, no, that's Flee. No, it's Mike, It's Mike.
Speaker 2: I feel like Flea was a name given him, like as a young boy, maybe because he was annoying or something.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Randy Travis's real name Randy Trey Wick. Yeah, good move with going with Randy Travis. Right, So those are kind of fun. I mean, but you gotta be careful when picking that name though, sticks with you because if you can make famous, then you're it's it's with you forever, right, What have.
Speaker 3: I become famous and I'm known as Tricia Delicia?
Speaker 1: I just thought it would be shortened to just Delicia. That's what it would be. You'd be a one namer Delicia, like Shaer Madonna Delicia.
Speaker 2: I don't know if delicious Shakira Madonna Delicia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it. I like it.