Speaker 1: We welcome.
Speaker 2: I was reflecting a little bit this morning, and as I've been pressing into what the word of the Lord is, what he would have me say, one of the things that I was pondering was just how different I am than when I arrived here fourteen years ago. And it's really a testimony to the healthy leadership of this house and to our pastors, and just the gift of faith that's on the house, but also the gift of grace and the compassion. It's just this is a healthy place to be. It's a healthy place to be. So Okay, I'm one hundred percent positive what I'm going to share with you is not my words, because I've been praying, Lord Jesus, I do not want one word that comes out of my mouth.
Speaker 1: To be my thoughts. I want it to be your thoughts.
Speaker 2: And there's been a number of things that have happened over the course of the past handful of of of dates of people preaching, whether it was Frank or whether it was pastor Joel or Roman.
Speaker 1: But we've had a number of things.
Speaker 2: We've had a number of things that have been kind of declared prophesied, and there's been these easy, interesting threads that have come from each of their messages, and as I've been pressing in, Lord, what would you have me say? It's funny because he highlighted or illuminated something from each of them. And so that's gonna it's gonna kind of work through everything that I'm gonna share here in a minute. But the name of this message is Words of Life.
Speaker 1: The encouragement Challenge.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I'm gonna I'm gonna encourage you to take a challenge with me to do something for the next thirty days. Because five years ago or so, I found so, you know, middle forties, I was finding I'm getting a little weaker and I didn't really like it, and I eat well and I'm pretty healthy. But my wife is like, hey, this is easy to fix. She's kind of like she works out a lot, and she's really like pretty fit, and so she's like, you just need to start exercising consistently.
Speaker 1: You just need to do this. And after you've done it for thirty days, what's gonna happen is it's gonna become like a lifestyle for you.
Speaker 2: You're not actually gonna have to really think about it too much. It's just gonna become kind of like part of what you do. And so that was like five years ago and I'm still doing it, so like it's and I don't like it, Like you know, I don't like to do hit, high impact training, I don't like to do core. I don't like to really do any of it. But I'm doing it because I want to age gracefully. So if you would apply the same things to our physical training to our spiritual training, I think there's something to glean here.
Speaker 1: Okay, how many people work out or exercise.
Speaker 2: Are we also exercising our spirits because one is more valuable than the other.
Speaker 1: Not that you should neglect either, Okay.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna give you like seven scriptures and then we're gonna get into it. Okay, so you're gonna have to roll with me. I'm gonna cover a lot of information. I'm gonna do this because I don't want you to think this is my opinion.
Speaker 1: I want you to hear that this is the Lord.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Genesis one one through three. In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty. Darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the spirit of God was hovering over the waters, and God said, let there be light.
Speaker 1: What did God say? What happened? What happens when God's peks things are created. Do you know who?
Speaker 3: You are?
Speaker 2: Created in the image and likeness of And you know what happens When you open up your mouth?
Speaker 1: Things are created.
Speaker 2: When you open your mouth, things get created. The wonder of God is in you, and when you use this, things get created. This next verse, most of you have this memorized. This is Proverbs eighteen twenty one.
Speaker 1: It says for.
Speaker 2: Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat of its fruit. A different passage says, for those who indulge in it will eat of the fruit thereof, or the fruit that comes from it. And so the contrast here is that we could produce life with our mouth and our tongue, or we could also maybe produce something other than that. Okay, there's a contrast. Listen to this scripture. This is Psalm five to nine. Not a word from their mouth can be trusted. Their heart is filled with destruction, their throat is an open grave. With their tongue they speak deceit. Okay, I don't think that's for our church. But think about the contrast it's talking about when someone opens their mouth it's an empty grave. Like that's kind of not I don't want that to be said to me, right. So if you think about this, this is a little bit like when Jesus rebuked the Pharisees and the Sadducees, he called them a whitewashed tomb.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 2: You know, you gotta be careful what's in the heart, because whatever's in the heart, it comes out of the mouth. It's out of the abundance of the house that the heart, that the mouth will speak, right. And so I don't want words of an open grave coming out of me. I want words of life coming out of me. And look at James three four. It says, look at the ships. Also, though they are great and they are driven by strong winds, they are directed by a very small rudder wherever the inclination of the pilot desires. So the tongue is a small part of the body. In the next little bit after that chapter, in that same chapter, it's going to talk about a forest being set a blaze, like on fire, by a tiny spark, And the context.
Speaker 1: Is that your tongue is the small spark you tracking with me.
Speaker 2: I think potentially we were talking about legacy here a minute ago. I think potentially one of the greatest legacies that we may be able to leave our kids and grandkids is the modeling of how you use your rudder, of how you use.
Speaker 1: Your rudder. Some of you in here.
Speaker 2: We're friends, and so we've gone out in a boat together and we've had times where we're on the Columbia River and there's a lot of like it's white caps, and it's strong current and there's heavy winds. When you're running the boat, there's the small motor on the back. It's kind of like a rudder, and it controls where you go. And depending upon where you set that thing, it'll totally change the course that you're on.
Speaker 1: It'll change the charting of where you end up.
Speaker 2: You could end up in the rocks, slammed against the bank if you don't have that rudder in the right direction. And so what I'm gonna tell you is that this thing that's sitting right here between my two cheeks is powerful to create life or to be an open grave. And I'm gonna choose the It's going to be the first not the latter. This is Jeremiah one six through ten. It says, a last sovereign Lord. I think, Frank, I think you might have hit this one.
Speaker 1: Somebody in the.
Speaker 2: Past that's pret recently hit this last and I already had this. I'm like, oh, this is And then I'm like, this is the Lord. I know it's the Lord.
Speaker 4: This is He's.
Speaker 2: Highlighting all these things through these different people, A last Sovereign Lord. Jeremiah one six through ten. I said, I do not know how to speak. I am too young. But the Lord says to me, do not say I am too young. You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command to you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you, declares the Lord. Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, I have put my words in your mouth. See today I appoint you over the nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build, and to plant. So some of us using our mouth is we're rebuking back the enemies of darkness. We're casting out spiritual forces of evil in heavenly realms.
Speaker 1: So that's a component.
Speaker 2: But the other component is our sowing, in our reaping and the things that we're planting, and that would be, I think is what's very applicable within our own life, the life of our family and those that are around us. Okay, So Frank referenced Revelation five ten when he preached last week, and in.
Speaker 1: That, I know, I'm giving you a lot of.
Speaker 2: Verses and he has made us kings and priests to our God, and we shall reign on the earth.
Speaker 1: What are you? You're a king and you're a priest.
Speaker 2: You're a king and you're a correct Well, have you been around royalty? They talk a little different. Royalty talks a little different. They don't just they're not just flippant with their with this the rudder. Royalty talks a little bit different. And royalty works in a certain way. And I've noticed being around royal people. Royalty it affirms, it coronates, and it crowns. Have you guys ever watched the movies where they take the sword and they take and they knight somebody. That's what royalty does. That's what royalty does.
Speaker 1: And you are a king and.
Speaker 2: A priest, So what do you do you affirm you crown and you coronate.
Speaker 1: All of you?
Speaker 2: Have this verse memorized John ten ten in the back. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. But I have come that you may have life, and have it more abundantly. In a amplified Bible, it says, I have come that you may have life, that you may have it to the full, that it may be overflowing, that it would be like super abundant. Is the context, right, super abundant, That there's no lack in it, but that it's an overflowing river coming from the throne on high that Jesus says he produces for you.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: The word in that scripture, that passage there, that most of you already know is Zoe.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: We have a child that runs around here with that name. But there's two synonyms to it, okay. The other synonym is sue Ke. And here's what your concordance says. It says sue keplay breath, spirit and could be translated vitality, vitality. You think about vitality, you're thinking of life and birth and excitement, right, vitality, youth and health. Sue Ke is that word and that means life. This term corresponds exactly to the Hebrew word for heart, life, mind, and soul. It's God's desire that the words that we speak would bring vitality to the heart, the life, the mind, and the soul of everyone that were around.
Speaker 1: John one four.
Speaker 2: In him was life, and the life was the light of men. What animated Jesus? Obviously he was a man like we all are, but he was anointed with power from on high. What animated the life of Jesus?
Speaker 1: What does this verse say?
Speaker 2: So he had life and he took and his life became the light of his disciples. The light in the life. Correct light and life come from Jesus. And our words should create light in life in those people that we deal with every day.
Speaker 1: Twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: The Hebrew word for this life is kahi, and it implies alive, fresh, strong, in your concordance.
Speaker 1: Here's what it says about kahi.
Speaker 2: It says and alive, springing Mary, multitude, congregation or troop. So like alive Mary, we know what those things mean.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: What's a multitude, It's a group of people. What's a congregation? This is one right. Many churches use the term congregate, our congregation. What's the troop, Well, the troop is the army, right, what are we? We are the army of God. What is the ecclasea the called out legislative body. But we are we are the We are the army of God.
Speaker 1: Correct. What is this word, Kahi say?
Speaker 2: It says that this army, this congregation, is to be alive, it's to be mary, and it's to be like springing forthinging forth. I believe that the key to the troop walking in vitality is agreeing with the word of the Lord over us, our church, the people that we deal with every single day. It's prophesying the word of the Lord over us and the people that we interact with. That's what brings Kahi. That's what brings Suke. It's what brings the vitality. It's what brings the energy. It's what brings the the the the springing forth, to the to the to the merry multitude congregation or troop. So there's going to be three points I'm gonna get to right now.
Speaker 1: In my challenge to you.
Speaker 2: Point one, you don't have to do anything, but I believe this is an invitation, an invitation that God has for us. Number one, I think that you need to partner with words of life for yourself. Okay, you need to stir yourself up in your most holy faith.
Speaker 1: That's Jude three.
Speaker 2: You need to be meditating on his word day and light. Psalm one one. Proverbs three to six says that the person that does that, they find success in whatever they put their hand to. Joshua one says seven says that that person who does that, basically.
Speaker 1: Nothing can stop them. Okay nothing.
Speaker 2: You be like a tree planted by streams of living water. You'll produce your fruit and due season your leaf will not wither or fade. That's Psalm one, right. And so you need to do that over yourself. You need to speak words of life over yourself and agree.
Speaker 1: Here's my challenge. I want the next thirty days.
Speaker 2: For our body, our congregation, that we don't agree with any words, any that aren't what he says. Unless he says it, we disagree with it.
Speaker 1: And that's all we meditate on.
Speaker 2: And it's all that we let come out, and it's all that we let steer our rudder Psalms twenty seven thirteen. I would have despaired unless I had believed to see.
Speaker 1: The goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Speaker 2: Many of you know the scripture that, depending upon which versions you're reading, in it, it says, I would have fainted, I would have been depressed, I would have had anxiety, I would have had a panic attack. I couldn't go on anymore unless I had believed to see the goodness of the.
Speaker 1: Lord, not in heaven, not in heaven.
Speaker 2: But in the land of living, in this lifetime, right now, and successively progressively revealed during our lifetime, how many people are we around that are despairing, that are ready to have a panic attack, and that are depressed. They would have fainted unless they had believed to see the word of the Lord coming off of your tongue, so that they would begin to see that the Lord has a different plan for them, and that they say, you know what, I actually am feeling more merry, I feel like I'm I feel like.
Speaker 1: I'm springing forth. I hope you're getting what I'm trying to so I uh so.
Speaker 2: Number one, you need to be you need to declare the word of the Lord over your life just twenty four to seven, and you need to do it not only over you.
Speaker 1: You need to do it over your family.
Speaker 2: So if you have a kid and they're like having a tough time, you go grab that kid and you go up in their room with them, and you spend thirty five or forty minutes and you just start declaring the Lord says he loves you. You are his chosen one, You are the Princess of the most High. I'm telling you you will lift your child right out of the funk that they're in, that they're despairing in, or they're anxious over. And how many parents are going to go grab their kid, pull them in the stinking room and say, no, we're not leaving this room until we have prophesied the goodness of God over your life and we lift you out of this so that we can have a merry, springing multitude. You need to do it over your family. For some of you, this is going to be really easy because you grew up with the most awesome parents and they just told you how special you were, and you wanted every trophy and you were you know, And but not everybody comes from that place, not everybody, does you know.
Speaker 1: I told just I told a.
Speaker 2: Brief testimony earlier that the family that I grew up in.
Speaker 1: They were hyper critical of everybody.
Speaker 2: So if the neighbors got a new car, they'd be like, must be nice.
Speaker 1: I think, must be nice.
Speaker 2: One of them was one of the slogans I heard as a child, Must be nice.
Speaker 1: And what were the what was the implication there? The implication there was.
Speaker 2: Darn it, I really wish God would do something like that for me, like you just did for that person over there. And I'm kind I don't really like that. And they must have done something dishonest to even get that. Must have been crooked or something. And so if you grew up in an environment that wasn't super like conducive and uplifting verbally, this may become something that you have to work through, right you you work out yourself like you're saved. It's we're redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. We're good, but we got stuff we have to work out along the way. And depending upon how how wet the cement was for you when you were a kid, and what was declared or prophesied over you, you may have some work to do with your kids. You may have some work to do with your soul and your spirit, and what I'm gonna share with you is that at a certain point in my life. So I used to have long hair down past my shoulders, I used to do drugs, and I got radically transformed when I was in my early twenties, and I knew that the Lord had a plan for me, and I started on that plan, and I knew it a calling for me to do something, and so I taking the steps to do the calling. And what I found was that in my family, I came and I'm like, this is what I'm gonna do, and they looked at me and they were like, nobody knows what the heck you're talking about. You are going contrary to all of culture and.
Speaker 1: What people know. You're gonna fail. You're not gonna make it.
Speaker 2: So depending upon the family you have, you may have to stir yourself up, maybe.
Speaker 1: Even a little bit more. You see what I'm getting at.
Speaker 2: So here's what I'm gonna share with you. There are people in this room that have had radical transformations that have happened because maybe I helped you with something, and that wouldn't happen if I listened to them. Most of us in this room have had most of us in this room have had some level of freedom that is coming from our lives through restored life. What if the other people in Christianity when Pastor Dwayne's like, yeah, I want it, I want to do deliverance ministry, what if they were like Christians can't be demonized, that's ridiculous. What if he listened to them, your life wouldn't be benefited like it has been from his ministry?
Speaker 1: Correct mine has? We got to be careful when we listened to.
Speaker 2: Speak the word of the Lord of yourself, Speak the word of the Lord of your family.
Speaker 1: Point three. You need to speak the word of the Lord over every.
Speaker 2: Single person that you come in contact with, because every single day the Lord's going to put stuff in front of you and you have an opportunity, whether you know it or not, to share the gospel.
Speaker 1: And my question is how attractive is our gospel?
Speaker 2: When I was at thanksgivings for in my family, we used to do something and that was called and I I didn't.
Speaker 1: Know this wasn't normal.
Speaker 2: Everybody would get together and they would compete to tell stories of who had the greatest malady, who was in more pain than the other people, and literally it was a competition and it occurred every holiday, like twenty four to seven, And so I just grew up in this culture of like everybody just walks around talking about what's wrong with them, and they're going to tell you how it's worse than yours.
Speaker 1: And so here's what happened.
Speaker 2: When I start having kids, and all of a sudden, I'm like, WHOA, something's got to get cut off here. So I'd sit down and we you know, I can remember injuring anyhow I can remember injuring myself.
Speaker 1: I don't walk around saying, oh my whatever.
Speaker 2: We walked around and we would say to our kids if they injured themselves, not oh my shoulders killing me. We would say, thank you Jesus that we've been healed by the blood of the Lamb. Thank you Jesus that surely you took off our infirmities and carried our pains.
Speaker 1: Thank you that your word comes. And it's it's like health and healing to all my flesh. It's like medicine.
Speaker 2: So there's a different way of functioning in royalty, where you partner with the voice of truth, not the not partnering with the voice of the enemy.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to encourage you that in Malachi three.
Speaker 2: I Malachi three. There's this rebuke, and it's the rebuke is that the people's.
Speaker 1: Words are stout against the Lord.
Speaker 2: And the Lord says, your words are stout against me, and he says, anyhow, it's three thirteen. And what he says is he says, they say, well, what are you talking about, Lord, And he's like, well, you've said there's no purpose in serving God and following me. The wicked are advancing and the wickeder benefited. What about the righteous? And the Lord says, well, I can't even do what I'm trying to do because your words are stout against me.
Speaker 1: And so I don't want the words.
Speaker 2: That I speak, and the words that my children speak, and the words that we use in our family to be working against what he says. What I want to do is elevate his words and diminish my words until I don't have no words anymore. It's just his words. Dissuade. Dissuade Point three the people that you come in contact with, dissuade them from partnering with the voice of the enemy. Dissuade them. They may have their words stout against the Lord. You can try and dissuade that.
Speaker 1: We need to be the air underneath the airplane wings.
Speaker 2: We need to be the wind underneath the sail of the ship that's trying to get moving. I'm sure this is not for New Horizon, this isn't for any of you. This is for your friend you have that goes to a different church, but you might be able to help them with this. In my family, what I used to hear all the time is must be nice, Must be nice, must be nice. Later in my walk I realized that was coveciousness. That was coveteousness, and Colossians three five says put to death. Therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires, and greed, which is idolatry.
Speaker 1: Greed is Coveteousnessness is.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: And how do I.
Speaker 2: Know if Craig's walking in coveciousness. Well, when the blessing comes to you and when the Lord does something great to you, I just need to look at my heart and say, is joy springing up within me when I heard that?
Speaker 1: And if it is, I'm probably good. But if joy's not springing up on the inside of me when I heard that, it could be that I need to put something off.
Speaker 2: Colossians talks about putting off those things greed and conveciousness. I actually, I cannot be blessed like the Lord wants to bless me unless I'm thankful for my brother. Do you know that if I'm not excited when I know that a baby's on the way for you, he won't give me one. Do you know that prosperity The truth of the Gospel of prosperity is that something that can hinder us receiving what the Lord wants to do is that our work words are stout against him because I'm not thankful for my brother. This chapter is about divisions in the church. Do you know how many divisions in the church have happened because of conveteousness. So when you talk to your friend that goes to a different church, you should tell them about this.
Speaker 1: Love binds the body.
Speaker 2: Of Christ together Colossians three point fourteen. Over All these virtues put on love, which binds them together in perfect unity. I'm gonna ask you as we close right now, I'm going to ask you that have your family, have your wife, have your spouse, your children, ask them to be your accountability partner. For the next thirty days, and that you would say, I'm only going to speak words of life. I'm only going to agree with the testimony of the Lord over my life. I'm only going to agree with the testimony of the Lord over my family's life. And I'm only going to agree with the testimony of the Lord over everybody I deal with at my workplace, at the grocery store, at the gas station, at home depot, that I only partner with that. And I would say, what's going to happen is you create a culture a community of this, and it won't become a thirty day challenge. It'll become a lifestyle change. Pastor Dwayne recently preached on test Drive the Promises that was about tithing and giving. I'm telling you right now, test Drive this, I'm telling you this morning.
Speaker 1: The Lord told me.
Speaker 2: He said, many people's prosperity is locked up and that they're not thankful for their brother.
Speaker 1: Like literally, I.
Speaker 2: Want, well, I want the deep things of God. Listen this one final scripture. Listen to this. I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it.
Speaker 1: Indeed, you were all still not ready.
Speaker 2: You are still worldly for since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worthy? I ask myself, Lord, I want to know the deeper things of you. And I'm reading this and I'm like, we can't even get the deep things of God if there's greed, quarreling or jealousy amidst or amongst our heart. And I know you and me we want the deep things of God. So sometimes let's just put stuff off. It's really easy.
Speaker 1: We just put it off.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: We're not going to put that on. It's like clothes. You know, that's ugly. I'm not gonna wear that.
Speaker 2: So in our last minute here, I just want to I want to declare over you. Okay, if you have a if you have a Bible with you, or if your Bible is your phone, I want you to pick it up, and I want you to put it in your hand right now.
Speaker 1: Pick it up, put it in your hand.
Speaker 2: I want you to raise it up, and I want to prophesy over you or declare over you. And you agree with me that you're going to take a thirty day challenge, And this thirty day challenge is going to be an agreement that you're saying. I only agree with what's in here over my life. I only agree with what's in here over my family's life. I only agree with what's in here over every person I interact with their life. And only the things that are in here are actually what comes out of my mouth. And I just say that we are a troup, a congregation, a multitude right now where we're actually saying, Lord Jesus, we consecrate, we set apart for holy service, our rudder, we set apart our tongue, and we agree that we only speak words of life. That everything that comes out of our mouth, we're like saying that we don't need, we don't even own our tongue anymore. That when you bought us, that you bought our tongue. That when you bought us, you were saying, we're.
Speaker 1: Giving you the right to control our tongue.
Speaker 2: And we just declare, and we consecrate, we sanctify our tongues, and we say New Horizon is a church of people that only declares the word of the Lord, and that everywhere we go we are an affirming, uplifting body of believers that helps to strengthen and spring forth the merry multitude or congregation or troop and Lord Jesus, we thank you. We agree for it at every holiday event this year, that we are going to prophesy life out of our mouth over our families, that our Thanksgivings and our Christmases will be a prophetic declaration of the goodness of the Lord and the land of the living. That it will lift off a heavy yoke or burden, that it will actually drive our family members out of despairing, out of anxiety, out of grief, out of stress.
Speaker 1: Lord, we just.
Speaker 2: Declare that your word is exalted out of our mouths and over our families, and we thank you, and we give you praise for it in the name of.
Speaker 4: Jesus as.
Speaker 1: Ture to do it now.
Speaker 3: So, hey, I.
Speaker 1: Know some of you are going to pick up kids.
Speaker 2: I know that we've got a lot of people who are here today who are here for baby dedications, and maybe some of you this isn't.
Speaker 1: Your home church. But if what we're talking about being freed by.
Speaker 2: The blood, if that sounds like something that you've never done, I want to invite the altar workers to come up right now, and I want to give an invitation for you that if you do not know Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, that there's a life that is abundant, and there's a life that's overflowing for you, and there's the life filled with springing forward wonderful things.
Speaker 1: And so Destiny Team, come on up.
Speaker 2: And if you're here and you're hearing my voice, even if you're walking out right now, and you would say, I want what it is that you're talking about. Holy Spirit arrest right now the heart, and I would ask that if you're here and you do not know him, come on up front. We'd love to pray for you, that you would come into the family and we thank you and we give you praise because the Lord loves you and we want to see his goodness manifest
Speaker 4: In your life.