Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, you're a little too close to the microphone. Hello, welcome back. Oh wait, your game is too.
Speaker 2: High, My gain is too high. Hello, you don't know these games.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to Wheel Takes, a podcast about the Wheel of Time, a series of fantasy books written by Robert Jordan.
Speaker 2: Completely times about whatever the fuck we want to talk about.
Speaker 1: Brandon Sanderson. My name is Gus.
Speaker 2: I've read them all name Dally, and I've read.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry. I really thought you were going to keep talking. That is true. This podcast in Likai spoilers for what Ally's already read today. That's everything up to and including Towers of Midnight, chapter six. Sally, how you doing?
Speaker 2: I didn't write notes, You.
Speaker 1: Didn't write I haven't even asked you that yet.
Speaker 2: I I just thought I should hold myself accountable.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 2: I was really tired, that's fair. And sometimes writing is.
Speaker 1: Hard, that's fair. You are a professional writer. You do already write a lot. I can understand how you wouldn't want to write any more than that.
Speaker 2: Times, I just want to sleep.
Speaker 1: We are here today to talk about your friend and mine, Ali, who is in these chapters? Par and I Barra. That is right? Uh? You know, fuck it, let's just dive right in.
Speaker 2: Actually, he's like, I'm gonna marror you guys.
Speaker 1: We're on chapter six, questioning intentions. This is the chapter logo. What is it?
Speaker 2: It's a puzzle. It's the puzzle as Gus and I like to call it a puzzer.
Speaker 1: A puzzer. It is the puzzer. You didn't take any notes, so I guess we're Do you like this little thing? By the way, this is not an advertisement, but I wanted to mentioned really quickly. It's objectively not. I got a new little ear reader. It's from a company called xtek.
Speaker 2: Ad but they're not paying us, and it's just because we like it.
Speaker 1: It's tiny and it's only like seventy dollars and it's tiny, and it's cute and it's tiny and it's cute and you can put it on the back and I like it.
Speaker 2: It's tiny, it's cute. What is it called in It's called a xte.
Speaker 1: Inc xt ink. Yeah. You have to be kind of techy to set it up. You have to you have to be able to That doesn't describe me, no, but me, well, it does describe me anyway. I'm sorry. That doesn't really matter. I just wanted to mention it because I'm using this tiny little thing. Allie, we are here today talk about chapter six.
Speaker 2: Techy or know someone who is techy, a.
Speaker 1: Little bit techy questioning attentions. Uh, you've already given me an immediate overview of your thoughts on this chapter. Please continue, Are were to mirror you guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's normal to just declare to two people who are in a situationship. Yeah, because they're in a situationship. Yeah, it's not even a relationship. They're in a situationship. They met on Hinge, they've banged twice, and you've decided to marry them.
Speaker 1: They haven't even I don't think they even kiss.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Yeah, it's as if you went to these two people that met on Hinge. Like it's like it's as if you were in a pottery class and there were these two people who were flirting and you happen to be a sea captain.
Speaker 1: Because sea captains can do you can marry people?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that only at C or is that under any context?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Actually, can we google that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We can. This is important and relevant.
Speaker 2: Is it just maritime?
Speaker 1: But please continue talking, or okay.
Speaker 2: Or you just happen to be ordained because it's not that hard to get ordained, and you're just like, all right, I'm just gonna start marrying people because that's what I do now.
Speaker 1: Apparently, Okay, it's a myth. Really, it's a myth. It's a myth.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: They have to be a justice of the peace, a minister, or an officially recognized officiant such as a notary public.
Speaker 2: Booz, Wait, so a notary public can marry people.
Speaker 1: Uh, they can issue a marriage license.
Speaker 2: So our friend Gina could just marry us right now.
Speaker 1: Our friend Gina literally.
Speaker 2: Issued our marriage marriage I know this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember she handed it to me and said you can get married now, congratulations, and I said, thanks Gina.
Speaker 2: It was Gina.
Speaker 1: I don't you know. Notary republic is such a Oh I forgot I left a camera on. The camera is just we have a camera set up here and our podcast set up for the Babylon podcast, and I keep forgetting to turn it off. So it's plugged in. So I come in and there's just a camera on pointing at the wall. I should probably turn this off more regularly. It's probably not a good idea to just have a camera on all the time. Anyway, not to republic is such an interesting thing because anyone could.
Speaker 2: Do that can become a notary Republican.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to pay a thing, and I think you have to take a test, and you have to have something a test vouch.
Speaker 2: For you, probably I think a class.
Speaker 1: Okay. The auto fill on Google was how do you become a ship captain? That's actually less.
Speaker 2: Complicated to become a ship captain.
Speaker 1: Well, you get a ship and you probably get a pilot's license to become a notary public if you call.
Speaker 2: It a pilot if you're at sea.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Eighteen years of age, you're older in California, be a California resident, Complete a course of study, Complete and pass a written examination. Clear a background check.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've done three out of those five things already. What back, what I've passed a background you're eighteen or older and I'm a California, California resident, and you've cleared a background check. Yeah, because I had to clear a background check for teaching children.
Speaker 1: Obviously you're trying to become a notary public.
Speaker 2: That's on the table. Apparently I could do that right now, I.
Speaker 1: Think parents should be a notary public.
Speaker 2: This is no parent should not be a notary public because he would just every time be like, you're telling me that I got to stamp this.
Speaker 1: But that seems to be the level of responsibility he actually wants to have.
Speaker 2: No, he just wants to He just wants to bang stuff, right.
Speaker 1: He wants to bang his iron and bang his wife. But that's the thing because he's also seems to feel comfortable going you two can get married, Go get married. It's he seems like the kind of guy who just wants to be able to run.
Speaker 2: That's not something that you should be doing. No, it's not two people.
Speaker 1: But he likes to. He seems to like to govern by fiat, if you know what I mean, where he just says do this, do that fiat? Fiat, yeah, fiat a declaration. You never heard that before? Do do x y Z buy fiat? No fiat. Apart from being an audible what.
Speaker 2: Model of fiat? Yeah? Uh, I was picturing him riding on a Fiat screaming authoritative or arbitrary.
Speaker 1: He just drives by in a Fiat, tells people to get married.
Speaker 2: He's like, he's just like bah bah like in his Fiat.
Speaker 1: You ever had a Fia? Ever driven a Fiat? No? My mom had a Fiat?
Speaker 2: Are they any good?
Speaker 1: They are now? They used to? Have you ever listened to car Talk the podcast cards? No?
Speaker 2: Well yes with you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Car Talk. Back in the day in like the nineties, fiats are considered really bad, and the joke was that Fiat fiaitisted for finally I'm almost there. But my mom had one in the early two thousand It was pretty good anyway. Paren driving around his Fiat, marrying people by Fiat seems like the level of responsibility he actually wants to have is that of a notary public who just kind of approves things or doesn't and then fucks off.
Speaker 2: He just he wants to vacuum the attic while everyone else is planning the party.
Speaker 1: You're calling me out again.
Speaker 2: I'm not calling you out for disappearing from our party yesterday to reorganize our kitchen.
Speaker 1: That's what I was already planning to do. That is something Paren would do.
Speaker 2: You were planning to during our party, reorganize the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we weren't supposed to have a party in the first place.
Speaker 2: Well, it wasn't a party. It was gathering. All right, everybody, this is a good question for the entire podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So we've had a friendly disagreement because it was the fourth of July, and Alie says.
Speaker 2: Which is a day of no consequence to America.
Speaker 1: Alie says to me, hey, let's have a party, and I say, I'd rather not. You know, we we just we had to do a bunch of work on our kitchen as a belated extension of the mold that we got in January. We're done terminally on the terminents. Yeah, and I said, no, no, no, listen, we really got to unpack everything again, and the dog is going to be a shambles. I'd rather not have a party. And she says, okay, well, I'll just invite a few people over.
Speaker 2: You said I could invite a few people over.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I agreed to that.
Speaker 2: I didn't just decide, you know, I was going to do it. And so then I just thought that was important to declare a.
Speaker 1: Total of eight people came over because it was a gap in my opinion, and it was our stand and wait close to spread eight people. We also had to you know, barbecue and cook and like prepare mee. You did it, But I'm saying we are family.
Speaker 2: I went to the grocery store, I got the accoutrem.
Speaker 1: I cleaned up, and I prepared the food, and then you cooked it.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so but but where we where we entered into the disagreement is I said, well, this still feels like a party, and Alie said, no, a party is when you invite ten or more people, ten or more people and your house. I said, a party is if you invite more than four people.
Speaker 2: Which I think is crazy because it's two couples.
Speaker 1: I think it depends on the situation.
Speaker 2: Well, because my thought process was, but what's the day. It's the fourth of July, and it was the week of the fourth of July. So I was like, all of our friends will have plans, all of them will be out of town. Well whatever, whatever, whatever. So I invited our eight closest or ten closest. You invited ten people, invited ten people, assuming that four people would come.
Speaker 1: So actually, wait a minute. By inviting ten people, you prepared for a party.
Speaker 2: Because I assumed correctly that most of them would not be able to come, but eight of them did. Well, that was a surprise. Our friends don't have a lot of other friends.
Speaker 1: And one of them brought her dog, So those eight a small dog. Yes, that doesn't change it.
Speaker 2: And it's Pete's best friend, and actually it was great for.
Speaker 1: Pet best friend, third best friend, second best friend, second best friend.
Speaker 2: I would say Darla's third, Okay, Darlas third, because I find their their friendship overwhelming.
Speaker 1: It is it is, it is. All I'm saying is parent, and I would agree. If Ayel invited eight people over, parent would be like, actually, he wouldn't say anything because he doesn't communicate. He would be passive aggressive about it several days later. It's true, that's how parent. That's how the wheel of speaking of the wheel of time, my little tiny readers.
Speaker 2: So I need I need to know how many people in your mind, and let's talk about this on the discord. Constitutes a party or what? What is the quality as a gathering? Well, also, we didn't have to clean that much because there are friends.
Speaker 1: But you did call me when you were out shopping for food. You said, hey, make sure the house is clean, and I said.
Speaker 2: Clean clean enough, clean enough for like like like not garbage places and stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not as though we have garbage places.
Speaker 2: Well, just you know, just to give it a sweep, give it a give it a little, give it a little little gaze. And it's like if there's anything like really objectionable, like you know, tidy.
Speaker 1: That chapter six Questioning Intentions actually not a parent chapter? He is, who is it?
Speaker 2: Oh? Then I was talking about next chapter.
Speaker 1: No, this is a chapter about parent But it's not his problem.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's it's it's it's it's it's it's more gaze.
Speaker 1: It's more gaze, more gaze. Track hand Once Queen of and Or, sir, kind of bumming me out, tell me about this.
Speaker 2: She's like she used to be the queen of fucking and Or, and now she's like, I'm really devoted to this tea pouring, right.
Speaker 1: Go on, that's what she's got going on. Right, she's depressing, is why? But is she finding joy in her work?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So what's the problem. There is a problem. I agree there is a problem, but the problem I think is less to do with the enjoying serving tea.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, I don't have a problem with like, I mean, live your bliss right like we did a tea serrebody you padded. There's there's a lot of joy to be had in you know, service, There's a lot of joy to be had in ceremony. There's a lot of joy to be had in small acts of whatever. It's just she was a career woman. She had a she had a promising career that was derailed by an abusive man.
Speaker 1: She did have that happen, and yeah, that's the problem.
Speaker 2: And now she's like, you know what, Servanty, Actually, you know what, I'm on her side again.
Speaker 1: She found Joe.
Speaker 2: You're like, you're like, you know what, not worth it with the job that is difficult and the man that's made to you. Now I just want to and now I just want to be on a homestead with my friends and raised chickens.
Speaker 1: She moved from person to person in the large pavilion parent had taken from Maldon. It had sides that could be rolled up and no tent floor. Thank you, Robert. Uh, that is actually useful information. Blah blah blah. Elias is here, Tam is here. I'm sure Elias is shooting out microaggressions left, right and center. It's his favorite thing to do.
Speaker 2: Oh racist eli Uh seven ball?
Speaker 1: Were is there? What is that, of course mean the baseous ball where that is what you've called him in the past. Yes, yes, Reminder Allie, what information does seven ballwer have that might be pertinent? Two more Gaze?
Speaker 2: Something about a lane? No, something about gawain?
Speaker 1: Where where was seven before the clothes? Who was here?
Speaker 2: Captain?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, What does seven ballwer know about more Gaze? Oh?
Speaker 2: That she's queen, he knows who she is, a wrench in the plan.
Speaker 1: Not that he's said anything.
Speaker 2: Not that he's seven to anything.
Speaker 1: There you go. I'm not going to circle back again on my favorite topic. Why the fuck does nobody recognize more Gaze? But anyway, face blindness? Seven ball were is there? Grady Neil? What's going on with you? Ashaman? By the way, do you remember this?
Speaker 2: Oh? Oh injured?
Speaker 1: Yes, sometime between eleven and now they got really sick in a way that made it difficult for them to channel, and so now they can't hold gateways open for a long time. They're diminished.
Speaker 2: It was just a way for them to introduce the fact that they could link in a circle with it yesterday.
Speaker 1: It is. It is purely for plot purposes, for the plot. But that's fine. You know, uh saying it massuri a noura? Is there anura a nourra? Uh? She thinks about Gary Aura. Yeah the movie. Yeah, yeah, that's a good movie. It's a really good movie. Goy. She spends a lot of time kind of reflecting on her behavior with a podcast.
Speaker 2: Go watch that.
Speaker 1: She spends a lot of time.
Speaker 2: But there's like a lot of sex and a lot so I like, watch it with your kids.
Speaker 1: We started watching Margo's Got Money Troubles yesterday. By the way, good show, Good show show. Much more boob than I thought.
Speaker 2: But it's about a girl who has an a only fans, so, like, I know, she shouldn't have been that surprised.
Speaker 1: It's not a problem. I was just surprised. There's also a somewhat graphic childbirth scene. You were looking at your phone at that point.
Speaker 2: I looked down for one second. He went oh, and I went what And you were like baby coming out of a vagina and I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, not a problem. Just didn't expect it.
Speaker 2: I didn't need to see it.
Speaker 1: Well you didn't. Yeah, yeah, good show though so far. El Fanning is great. She's always great.
Speaker 2: She's always great.
Speaker 1: Nick Offerman's in it Michelle Pfeiffer's in it. She's great.
Speaker 2: He's not fully in it yet, though, I think that's like next episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he becomes more important. Read the book, he becomes more important later on.
Speaker 2: I I go, because you know, all the advertisements that I have seen have been about Elle Fanning and Nick Offerman. I like Michelle Pfeiffer. I've only seen one scene of her.
Speaker 1: She has only three scenes in the pilot.
Speaker 2: No, I know, but like in all the advertisements, I was like surprised how much of a role she had in the pilot because I had thought that. Her mom was like, no, you're out of my house.
Speaker 1: Well keep watching. Oh oh, I'm not going to tell you what happens. Well I keep watching.
Speaker 2: Well, as your aunt would say, well.
Speaker 1: Well my family's from the Midwest. Well, anyway, she reflects on her behavior when she was She thinks about Gareth Brynn, which makes her think about the way she behaved with Robin. She's like, what the fuck was wrong with me? The fuck was going on?
Speaker 2: I feel you, I see you when that fog lifts and you reflect, When that trauma bond disabates and you reflect, you go, holy fucking shit, that man was abusive. I get it, we've all been there.
Speaker 1: Maybe possibly very little about that time in her life made sense to her.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: Has she really been so infatuated with a man? That?
Speaker 2: Get it?
Speaker 1: Girl?
Speaker 2: I get it girl. Oh okay, So she just go pour the tea.
Speaker 1: She's pouaran tea.
Speaker 2: She's like, she's like, nothing can fix us. I'm so embarrassed. I'm just going to pour tea and hope no one notices me.
Speaker 1: Paren is grilling the wise ones on why it took them so long to do a particular task. Do you remember what the task was?
Speaker 2: Banish a man from your life? No, because that takes forever.
Speaker 1: Nan. Yeah, when you have a task was.
Speaker 2: Get people home.
Speaker 1: There was a fucked up blight village, remember this, to get rid of it, to burn it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's one of those things you want to be thorough about.
Speaker 1: Paren goes. Your work took longer than i'd expect.
Speaker 2: Well, you want to be thorough.
Speaker 1: You gave us a duty to attend to and I we accomplished it. It took us as much time as needed to do it correctly. Surely you don't imply that we did otherwise. And Paren goes I wasn't questioning you as asking if there are any problems in the burning.
Speaker 2: Well, it sounded like you were questioning, and that made me feel sensitive.
Speaker 1: The village is gone, Navarron said, and every plant we found with a hint of blight has ah as well. We did yo wetland. That's what have much trouble dealing with something that's deadly as the blight's.
Speaker 2: Difficul to do. Have you ever tried to find like one rotten berry in a thing of berries?
Speaker 1: Do you think the blight is just mint?
Speaker 2: Because you're not supposed to plant men?
Speaker 1: Have you ever tried to get mint out of a garden? No, it's impossible.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: If you plant mint in like a planter somewhere near your garden, your garden's done.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: If you plant mint in the ground, you're fought. Mint is impossible to get rid of.
Speaker 2: That's why I heard I heard mint. It's like like I've seen people go like, all right, so I'm making a garden like an herb garden. I plant it some mint, and all the comments are.
Speaker 1: Like, no, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: But the love of God, now do you think.
Speaker 1: The blight is just mint?
Speaker 2: Now? I do?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The blight is just mint, mint and dandelions. Yeah, because the other day you were like, what's so bad about dandelions? They're so great?
Speaker 1: And I was like, because kill everything else?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they.
Speaker 1: And so anyway, Navarna is like, you guys don't know how to deal with the blight, and Fayel, of course goes. I think that you would be surprised. Fayeel sat like a queen once again, dressed to her station in a fine dress of green and violet, pleated down the sides and divided for.
Speaker 2: Green and violet. Yeah, the man wrote this.
Speaker 1: They're opposite each other on the color wheel, aren't they.
Speaker 2: No, they are that. That's not a good color combination, green and virlight.
Speaker 1: They're not opposite.
Speaker 2: No, they're not good color combination.
Speaker 1: They're actually perpendicular to each other on the color wheel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I said. A man wrote that that's pretty. I don't know, I don't I you know, come on, I'm googling it.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be my first choice.
Speaker 1: I like it, like, it's nice.
Speaker 2: It's not well.
Speaker 1: Green and violet dress. It's a little jarring, but I mean, here's a la la la look look look look, look, look at that. This is it's a little much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I'm saying it's it's a choice.
Speaker 1: Yes, but when has fai You'll ever not been somebody who's making a strong choice one way or the other. Oh, it's all about the choice. Show me that one.
Speaker 2: This isn't bad, but it has to be. But like violet and green implies like like harsh colors, Like it's got to be a muted green and a muted violet otherwise it's like that's a lot.
Speaker 1: And it is also funny because it's not even Seldean and Sildan is a silver fish on a dark blue field.
Speaker 2: Silverfish not the bugs eat silverfish.
Speaker 1: Oh, just a bunch of silver.
Speaker 2: It's just a bunch of bugs.
Speaker 1: It was like my roommate's rug in college, just a bunch of fucking silk.
Speaker 2: And you don't remember this, which roommate, uh uh Daniel No, James ew And he gave me that rug.
Speaker 1: Why I didn't know there was silverfish in it? Ew We dealt with silverfish for my entire senior year. Do remember this?
Speaker 2: I blogged it out.
Speaker 1: It was disgusting, it was awful. We should have burned that rug.
Speaker 2: We should have. Why didn't we?
Speaker 1: We were twenty two, we were we were dumb, all right? So anyway, yeah, green, the dress is a she's got a dressed uh. And we'll talk more about that after these ads. She waits ship. What were you saying? She's rocking. That's a little it's God, all right. So anyway, Fayel sat like a queen once again, dressed to her station in a fine dress of green and violet, pleaded down the sides, and divided for riding. Oddly, Fiel's sense of leadership leadership seemed to have been enhanced by her time spent with the Shadow. Sure, why not?
Speaker 2: Well, I guess trauma can do that to a person. It's just it always feels like, ah, this woman needs to grow. Let's give her a sexual assault plot life.
Speaker 1: I understand, I understand the problem.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Yeah, like two things can be true that because it can go either way. It kind of depends on your support system and stuff.
Speaker 1: More, Gaze and fai Yell had quickly gone back to being mistress and servants blah blah blah. In fact, Morgaze's life here was strikingly similar to what it had been in the shidou camp. What true, some things were different Moregaze wasn't likely to be strapped here, for instance. That didn't change the fact that for a time she knew the four minutedment equals no longer. Okay, so anyway, she feels a lot of cups. Any thoughts on the cups? I do kind of like this whole thing about the politics of being a tea server.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, it's I'm looking at green of violet.
Speaker 1: You're still looking.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I mean yeah, I like it. That's all I have. She's pouring tea. What are you wondering? He's like looking, he's looking at He's giving me the go on hands, and I'm like, I have no going to on.
Speaker 1: Who else is here? Ally? Your favorite character?
Speaker 2: Oh god, is it talent for it?
Speaker 1: Yet? Other favorite character?
Speaker 2: My other favorite character. It's not Godwin?
Speaker 1: Now your other favorite character? I hate that many people gar Gonda, Oh.
Speaker 2: I fucking hate this guy. This was the worst time. Fuck this guy. He's speaking.
Speaker 1: If anyone is wondering that we've called him, the smoke from that fire.
Speaker 2: Indication, no one's wondering where you've gone, No one, No one gives a fuck where you are. You're the worst guy in the books. God, I care about my boss more than you care about your wife. No, fuck off, fuck off, I'm fuck off.
Speaker 1: Uh. Morgaze thinks about all of them.
Speaker 2: Someone think of the shareholders.
Speaker 1: That's Arganda Marques thinks about all of the men who have diminished her station in life, and how each of those experiences had moved her farther away from the queen she had been. Now, she didn't long for fine things or her throne. She just wanted some stability that, it seemed, was a commodity more precious than gold. Oh my god, you poor fucking thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's trauma size as fuck. This is why I'm like, you know, I get it. Girl. She's like, I just want I just want. I don't want a prince anymore. I just want a person that where like their moods they have like base. No. Literally, I said to someone the other day, I was like, I just want to not have to teach another adult to apologize over again in my life.
Speaker 1: Uh, remind me again, what is parents' camp team?
Speaker 2: And I think that's such a low bar, But I actually think that's a surprisingly difficult thing to find.
Speaker 1: What is parents crew trying to do? Who or what are they looking for to recover I should say Basil Gil and the rest of the team who got kidnapped, Oh yeah, you know, grabbed.
Speaker 2: There there with the with the the guys. Yeah yeah, the Klorpleachman.
Speaker 1: They're like, hey, we gotta keep moving, Gota, we gotta hurry up. Parents like, hey, we got to hurry up. And this and uh Arganda is like, you do understand that everything is mud right now, Like shit's fucked up, and it may be wiser to take our time, and parent gives one of the funniest lines inadvertently I've ever heard him say, wisdom is for those who have time for it.
Speaker 2: Honestly, nothing has given us more insight into his life.
Speaker 1: But it is. It is an interesting inversion from where he was at the Remember the beginning of the book, he was like, people think I'm dumb because I really take my time with stuff, and I overthink and I'm cautious and all of this stuff. And now he's like, fuck it, full steam ahead. I spent five books looking for my wife.
Speaker 2: Could we could we land in a happy medium between those tuesdays?
Speaker 1: That's a bit I know uh tttt tttt.
Speaker 2: Like men really go from zero to one hundred?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: People? You know what I shouldn't say, man, I should say people we really do go like, well that didn't work, so let me try the opposite extreme for a while. And you're like, actually, you know, equanimity is like this is some more Gaze. She's just like I just want stability and I'm like me too, girl Like it's it's in not having peace for a long time and having a really just regulated nervous system that makes you go. You know what is really underrated? A regulated nervous system. Holy shit. I will not have anything disrupt my piece ever again.
Speaker 1: What is the relationship between parent and more Gaze dictated by on more Gaze's side.
Speaker 2: I've been holding in a sneeze for I can hear it. It's like in there so hard again.
Speaker 1: It was a fourth of July yesterday, so switched to drug dog shit right.
Speaker 2: So dumb with fireworks. It's just me be so asthmatic. The next day I feel like I feel like a Victorian waif child, or like like a like a librarian who's also a phlegmatic.
Speaker 1: Word what what what is the relationship between Morgaze and parent dictated by on Morgaze's side right now?
Speaker 2: Uh, repeat that question because it was gibberish.
Speaker 1: What is the relationship between parent and more Gaze dictated by on more Gaze's side right now?
Speaker 2: Well, she's she's not pleased about the banners, right Why because she's worried to challenge to Elaine.
Speaker 1: Because she says he is.
Speaker 2: Because she loves that girl, because she birthed her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because's she's like, I can't think he's cool. He's explicitly in open rebellion against the Crown of Andor.
Speaker 2: Is he like, I think he's kind of like I'd like to not be And everyone else is like, but what if you were vibes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is exactly what's going on.
Speaker 2: And he's like, I don't I want that smoke? Thank you. The Two Rivers that's my best friend's baby, mama. The Two Rivers was part not on Jerry Springer. The Two Rivers was part of and Or, and he'd named himself lord of it. Flying that wolfhead banner. At least the flag of Manethren had been taken down. Flying that had been nothing short of an open declaration of war. Morgaze no longer bristled every time someone named him a lord. But she also didn't intend to offer him any help, not until she determined how to move him back beneath the cloak of the end or and monarch. I'm just gonna pour his tea. Besides not giving him any help other than actively helping him every.
Speaker 1: Day, Morgaze grudgingly admitted Fayel is sharp enough to give any advice I would have. Fyo was actually a perfect compliment to Paren. Where he was a blunt and leveled lance at charge, she was a subtle cavalry beau. The combination of the two, with Fyol's connections to the Saldean throne was what really worried more Gaze. That's fair. I mean Paren is married to somebody in the line of succession of a four in nation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and how far from that line of succession is she because Tonby is a cousin.
Speaker 1: She's not far. Yeah, I think it would go Tobiah.
Speaker 2: Davam's only living child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Gang Gang, I.
Speaker 1: Guess she's like third in line.
Speaker 2: That's and we're in war times, so like I've been predicting to Nobia's death for before so because I'm like, ain't no way, there's no way we're getting.
Speaker 1: To the end of the book.
Speaker 2: And that man isn't king of the broken crowd.
Speaker 1: Where where is Tanobia right now?
Speaker 2: With well kind of with Randy. She's with that group of Solan.
Speaker 1: Which is where.
Speaker 2: Not by the border?
Speaker 1: No far matting, that's it. What are they going to do?
Speaker 2: We don't know. They're still chatting. What are they going They've been chatting for six books now.
Speaker 1: They've tried set up a meeting with Rand But to what end? This is?
Speaker 2: This is corporate America. This is they're gonna make a meeting about setting up a meeting to have a meeting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, anyway, I just wanted to mention that, uh.
Speaker 2: Godly Mary uh.
Speaker 1: More Gaze is now passionate about being a lady's maid. Okay, listen, whatever brings you joy, whatever brings you joy.
Speaker 2: Fine.
Speaker 1: Uh she is a little bit worried about the fact that she seems preoccupied with her ability to provide service and value to others, which I get, Uh, Aleandra Paren, What is paren really trying to do overall here with all of these followers of his Is he trying to rally them to the.
Speaker 2: To the to the No, He's just like, just I have a headache.
Speaker 1: He's trying to get everybody to go home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, He's like, I need a pepto bismol and a nap. Yeah, that's paren right now.
Speaker 1: And I just rest.
Speaker 2: Thank you my wife. That was stressful. And my cortisol levels are through the roof from done with this. I have like my body started to become addicted to the adrenaline.
Speaker 1: We killed Massima. I'm just trying to go home. I want everyone to go home. I'm sick of this. And Alian was like, why are you recruiting people? Because I'm not recruiting people. I'm just not turning people away because.
Speaker 2: People are starving.
Speaker 1: Bro. Yeah uh and Beryline is like, you do understand the apocalypse is like next week.
Speaker 2: Don't remind me, Like it's been on my to do list for fifteen bucks.
Speaker 1: Rand is gonna need an army and parents like, well then he can fucking get the army himself.
Speaker 2: Friends and so helpful.
Speaker 1: Holly Ander's like, I'm following you.
Speaker 2: I've discovered boundaries. I'm codependent no more. By Melody Beaity.
Speaker 1: If Galden will march for Tom and guiden, it should do so beneath your banner, and what his parents.
Speaker 2: Say, I don't have a banner.
Speaker 1: Fuck my banner.
Speaker 2: Take the burn the banner.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is verbat him what he gets, and that one.
Speaker 2: Guy who spent all this time making those banners is so bombed.
Speaker 1: He gets Will l seen to come in, notably, who doesn't have a nose as big as bands, and he comes in with the banner his nose. Yeah, he comes in with the banner, and uh what is was? Parent does, in fact say, what burn all the banner? Burn every single copy of this banner?
Speaker 2: Will is like I handmade those, use of the bitch. I spent so much time. I've spent so much money on Etsy getting those made for you, And asked.
Speaker 1: Once again, parent, Paren is this wise? And Paren goes, I don't know if it's wise, but it's what I'm doing. Uh.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing about parent. Parents the most unintentionally funny person in these books.
Speaker 1: He really is.
Speaker 2: He's really the funniest. Like like like Matt, Matt tries to be funny, Parent is so god damn funny.
Speaker 1: Well, I think I think that's also a difference between Sanderson, Matt and Jordan, Matt Jordan Matt. Pretty fucking funny, but not on purpose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, Parent unintentionally hilarious. Parent unintentionally hilarious, like the shit he says, just like i'd like, you know what, that's fair.
Speaker 1: There's a parent joke next chapter that is not even a joke that I really like. We'll get there when we get there anyway, Missouri tells Parent he's a fucking idiot, and Tam is like, Paren, Paren, do not burn all the banners.
Speaker 2: Then Parent's like, I'll burn it. I'll burn it.
Speaker 1: Like I can't hear you over the sound of all the banners burning. O kidjit live me Hi, I'm trying to get He's like, Tam, sweet shock, I've done with people following me. You're gonna take everyone back to the two rivers, and I gotta be rid of everyone barelyne Goes. I wasn't aware that you needed to be rid of us. You seem far less reluctant to accept my support when demand the services of my winged guardsmen in rescuing your wife Boom, paren Goes. I appreciate your help, all of you. We did a good thing in Moulden, and not just for fai Yel and a Leandre was a thing that needed doing. But burn me. That's over now. If you want to go on to follow Rand, I'm sure he'll have you. But my ashaman are exhausted and the tasks I was given are complete. I've got these hooks inside me pulling me back to Rand. Before I can do that, I need to be done with all of you. I just don't think that's true. Man. I think you could bring the whole army back with you.
Speaker 2: I think you probably could.
Speaker 1: Anyway, they talk about ashaman for a while. I don't. I don't really.
Speaker 2: Feel and they find out that they can do circles.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, everybody. It's a little bit of logistics. Logistics, logistics, logistics. Any thoughts on any of this? Uh?
Speaker 2: Logistics.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There's a funny part where they were saying and it is like, oh, I bet Rand's and Kyrie and parent goes, no, he's not, And they go, how do you know? That goes Uh, don't worry about it, he's just not. How does he know? Yeah? Kind of, but what are the vibes dictated by the flashes? Yeah, the flash isn't tavere and and he literally feels himself being pulled physically in the direction that rand is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So yeah, Oh I got you an audition, by the way, what for a video game?
Speaker 1: Oh? Cool? Thanks? Hey, everybody that's exciting do Monday? Okay? Cool?
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The wise ones are like, we could do circles with the Ashaman, and parent is like, why didn't you tell me this earlier? And they're like, you didn't fucking ask? They go, you seem hardly interested in your position as chief. Most of the time. Respect is a thing earned and not demanded. Phaman were sick. When I first thought of this, it would not have worked before. This is the appropriate time. There is the question, therefore I have done so Vara. I really like how the Ashman not the Ashma the I you'll always useful names, and I boughta uh you know, Randel Tho, a goth and all that m Did they do it with a GWayne and gwyn alvir? Yeah? They always do full names because they don't have surnames.
Speaker 2: Right, Remember they don't. How do they tell the difference between like one avienda and another avienda of.
Speaker 1: The so and so, sept of the such and such Aiel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's so long to say, yeah, like you know, I was Ali. Last name initial, yeah, Dad.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man. Maybe they just have really varied names. There's very few characters in these books with the same name. It's the same thing in Malazan. Malazan has like two overlapping names. Both of them are Pearl.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: Ericson wrote a demon in the first book named Pearl, and then several books later he introduces a spy named Pearl, and people were like, don't we already have a Pearl? And he was like, I forgot about the other Pearl.
Speaker 2: I forgot the other world.
Speaker 1: One time somebody asked somebody asked him in a Q and A is so and so this character's father because of these similarities and this and this and that and the other. And he said, I don't remember. We're gonna say yes.
Speaker 2: Were you say yes? Uh? Yeah, that's really real. It's like you, you you plan everything out, you do your best, but like she gets away from you, you know, she gets away from.
Speaker 1: You, all right. Anyway, Uh, they're making a party to go to uh, to go to Kyrie in Incidentally, the party is six people and that's enough that qualifies as a party. Definitely, definitionally, allie, six people. I think that's a party. We're agreed, that's that's a party. All right.
Speaker 2: No, wait, now they get a party of six or so together.
Speaker 1: Parent thinks it's too big. Actually, uh, now what do we actually have here? I'm messing around? Uh, Scoutsersen and Kyrie in saying it goes, I would like to be with the group, and pairing goes. I suppose take your warders to Maidens and pell I dare be innobtrusive if you can, and file goes. Also Comeil and Elias and we'll go and oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cam a meal and what's your face? My lord?
Speaker 1: We are in dire need of paper and new pen nibs, not to mension another delicate materials.
Speaker 2: And paren is like what delicate matic?
Speaker 1: Why the fuck are we worried about paper and pen nibs?
Speaker 2: Did you not bring enough underwear on this vacation to make sure if you shit yourself six times in one day that you'd have more underwear?
Speaker 1: No, husband, I think this is a good suggestion. We should send one person to collect supplies. Ballwer, would you go and fetch the things yourself? If Ball was like, I'm about to go spy mode, if my lady wishes it, spy Mode I have ached to visit this school. The dragon has opened and Kyrie and spy Mode they would need, they would have the supplies we need. Paren goes. I suppose you can go then, but nobody else light anymore, and we might as well send the whole burning army through. So again that I MOD one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight people we.
Speaker 2: Going spy mode mode mode.
Speaker 1: Much of this book is focused around Morgaze accepting her new identity is not a queen. Much of this chapter, I should say, do you want to talk more about that?
Speaker 2: Or do you feel like you feeling so self imposed?
Speaker 1: Well, she abdicated, I mean, she legally abdicated.
Speaker 2: But no one was there. Does he could just say take back SI?
Speaker 1: I know, but she cares too much about the.
Speaker 2: What what about the rules of take BACKSI Well.
Speaker 1: The other thing, though, is Elaine has now you know, yeah I do.
Speaker 2: So she could just be like, surprise it's me.
Speaker 1: Would that help or hurt Elaine's position?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Probably heard it.
Speaker 1: Probably heard it. Yeah, she's kind of out of the game now. It's interesting. It's interesting because like I feel like Morgays and Swan have very similar trajectories in the Yes, yeah, you know, And I don't know how to feel about that.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of feelings about it, are we I just want to see a man go through it all?
Speaker 1: Yeah. During the first weeks following her silent abdication, she'd hope to find a way to return to and Or so she could be a resource for Elane. However, the more she'd considered it, the more she realized she had to stay away. Everyone in Andor had to assume that more Gaze was dead. Each queen had to make her own way, and Elaine might seem a puppet to her own mother if more Gaye returned.
Speaker 2: Now, if Elaine doesn't recognize her own mother, that'd be.
Speaker 1: Sure, I would. Well, who were they about to crash into? By the way, what person we've talked about this, right? No? What person who would definitely recognize more Gaze?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, her steps step yeah, is like mommy, step mommy, what are you? What are you doing here? Arianna? What are you doing here?
Speaker 1: Uh? If more Gaze were beyond that, More Gaze had made any many enemies before leaving, why had she done such things? Her memory of those times was cloudy, but her return would only rip open old wounds. Cups, cups, cups, cups, cups, cups, cups, cups, cups, cups.
Speaker 2: I gotta ticket for the long way round the way?
Speaker 1: Is that a what's that movie?
Speaker 2: It's a shit? What's up?
Speaker 1: The pitch perfect? Yes, you know my favorite thing. I haven't seen that movie. I have seen the video of Anna Kendrick watching herself in that scene. Have you seen this? She's watching herself do that scene with the cups and like the stacking, and then she just goes, I'm just looking at my cleavage right now? Can I say that? Is that all right for me to say? I'm very distracted.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell your father long way around?
Speaker 1: Uh? Perhaps she should have done the noble thing and killed herself. What if anemys of the throne I know, discovered who she was, they could use her against Eline the same way that the White Cloaks would have. Okay, we made it through that, it's all right.
Speaker 2: Uh well, let her let her process. Yeah, she's been dramatized and we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna keep on covering that. After these ads. Welcome back, Ali is putting her feet in my pocket. I don't know why, but it's fine. Uh like is comforting, it's nice? Uh the blah blah, oh God fucking help. Then who shows up Ali? Your favorite character?
Speaker 2: Was there? Gonde again?
Speaker 1: No? Tal yes, yeah, talenwork comes in. He'd followed her practically NonStop since Malden and why. While she'd complained of it out of principle, she didn't mind. After two months apart, he wanted to take every opportunity to be together. Looking into those beautiful young eyes of his, she could not entertain the notion of suicide, even for the good of and Or. She felt a fool for that. Hadn't she let her heart lead her.
Speaker 2: To try you with the not you, not you with the sexy voice.
Speaker 1: Malden had changed her, though she'd missed telling for dearly and when he'd come for her when he shouldn't have risked himself. So he was more devoted to her than to end Or itself, and for some reason, that was exactly what she needed. She began to make her way toward him, balancing eight cups in the crook of her arm while carrying the saucers in her hand. Maigdan Paren said come back here please, and Talin for you might as well come in. I can see a lurking out there, honestly, not as if anyone's gonna swoop down and steal her away while she was inside a tenth full of wise ones, and I s to die and more. Gaze was like, motherfucker, you are following fight. You'll around the same way. Get over your shit. Par Parent's like, I was given a suggestion back when you first joined us, and I think it's about time I took it. Lately. You two are like youths from different villages mooning over one another in the hour before Sunday ends. It's high time you were married. We can have a Leandra do it, or maybe I could do. You have some tradition you follow where gaze is like uh and talent boar is like oh, and he goes go change into something nicer. If you want gather any you want to have witness, be back here in an hour and then we'll get this silliness over with and we're gay.
Speaker 2: Every little girl has always dreamed of having her wedding referred to as getting her this silliness over with. O case says by a random young adults.
Speaker 1: No, a parent and I borrow I will not be back here in an hour to be married. I've never given her a British accent before. Why have I given the other ones a British accent but not their mother? I'm inconsistent? Wh as fuck? Somebody flame me? Uh? If you want tea served, or your tent cleaned or something packed, then call for me. If you wish your clothing washed, I will oblige. But I am your servant par and Ibarra, not your subject. I am loyal to the Queen of and Or. You have no authority to give me this sort of command. Parents like, uh, what the queen yourself will demand this? Forcing two people to marry because you're tired of the way they look at one another like two hounds you intend to breed and then sell the pups. I didn't mean it that way you said it. Nonetheless, how can you be sure of the young man's intentions? Have you spoken to him, asked him, and if you'd him as a lord, shouldn't have mattered like this? And parents like he got frostbite just because you left anyway? But megdan parents said, he does care for you. You should see the way he acted when you were taken like woman, it's obvious. Matters of the heart are never obvious. If I choose to marry a man, I will make that decision on my own. For a man who claims he doesn't like being in charge, you certainly do like giving commands. How can you be sure that I want this young man's affections? Do you know my heart? And Parent is like not parent, I'm sorry, talan bar is like, oh, honestly, all of them that are like, ah wow, he was an emotional one. Well, he needed to know that she would not she would not be shoved around, not anymore. First Gabriel, then Valda, now parent, Ibarra talan Borr would be ill served if you were to receive a woman who married him because she was told to do so.
Speaker 2: Honestly, real and Parent.
Speaker 1: Is blushing and she goes, you're young at this yet, So I'll give you advice. There are some things a lord should be involved in, but others he should always leave untouched. So real you learn the difference as you practice, but kindly refrain from making demands like this one until you've at least counseled with your wife. Then she leaves.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, good boundaries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh then Sulan comes back and is like a, there's white cloaks over there, and that's the end of the check. That's basically it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I love Sue and Buzzet. There's white cloaks over there. It's not even our or whatever they would do because you know they've got the Russian eazin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeh probably it's not like the excellent doing isn't really Russian. It's just some kind of like fucked up random hodgepodge of different Eastern European things. Thanks for listening, everybody. We got social media. If you want to know we got going on, it's like below. We have a Patreon if you want to support us that way. It's patreon dot com, slash wheel takes and you can always leave us a writing interview if you want. It helps a lot other than that anything else, Sally.
Speaker 2: There's white cloaks over there.
Speaker 1: For listening, everyone, By