Speaker 1: Yo, what's going on to a new episode of My Canicass. I'm Candid, Dave.
Speaker 2: And I'm Groovy.
Speaker 1: In today's episode, we're gonna be talking about our pickup at cake House, which was we went and picked out the most expensive and least expensive product. We're gonna go through our experience and share that with you if you've might have seen that posted on our ig page recently. We're gonna dive into Indian and now what's going on with them? Are they going legal? They're gonna bring a ballot to the people to vote on uh. We also have research coming down the tubes from about Americans using cannabis as a sleep aid instead of alcohol and pharmaceuticals. And we have a couple of our other articles are gonna be jumping into today. Not much too much happening in Michigan. The only thing really going on is we'll be at Michigan and Mats for Us and fire event going on tomorrow at the crow Foot and we'll be probably discussing that on Saturday, so at the Waken Bakes. So make sure you tune in live Saturday nine am Eastern and you will see us. They're probably talking about the event and some other stuff going on. And before we jump in the episode, I want to get started and give a shout out to all of our partners. I want to kick it off with Lost Coast plant therapy. Use code Mike can of twenty at checkout to save twenty percent. Check out High nine him drink. Use code Mike Cannon cast to save twenty percent as well at check out. Excuse me at checkout. Shouts to Kinship and the team over there where the turpens thrive. If you're looking for some Calhoun cream or some Exit eighty five, go check out Kinship and their bud is turpy. It's where the turpenes thrive. We got our other partner. We've got cana By extracts over here. Shouts to Scotti and the team over there ward winning concentrates. But that's not all they do. They got edibles, They have vapes live resting on the market, and he does fire clabs. He does a couple with a couple of our partners, Kinship and the last, but not least, Old School Organic. So shout out to Old School and Jason the team over there where you can get all organic bud from Old School genetics like an o G. Cush all the way to like a new school, new school strain like his runs that he has. Yeah, no, not the run stuff, Oh my god, I'm blinking the name of it.
Speaker 2: But also that's like one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: But Barry go, thank you. That one's fire. That's it. That's a new one too. He's got tons of the genetics. He's always got stuff. And he's got the new sour diesel. So not new, but he's got sour diesel. So yeah, give a shout to all of our partners, and uh, I'm gonna crack open this high nine right now.
Speaker 2: Nice. Yeah. So, I mean, just to kind of get into it, I mean, the first article Dave sent me and we were talking about, like you said, Indiana wallmakers reject using cannabis again. So that's kind of where we're at to Indiana.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked, to be honest, that they're jack. They brought it up in the House, voted sixty six to twenty nine against to uh strike it down. Who knows what's gonna go legal. Uh, it just seems like it's gonna be a while. I'm surprised because you have Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, right, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio are illegal. Indiana's not. And a lot of a lot of billboards are in Indiana going into Michigan as you're driving out and they're in there and they're talking about all the dispos in Michigan, and I read Indiana wants to eventually ban those billboards. So if they take a hard stance on cannabis. Uh, honestly, that's beneficial for all the surrounding states because you're gonna be getting an influx of consumers still coming to market once Indiana goes legal. Obviously all the borders, you might lose some traffic.
Speaker 2: So well, I've always thought it was Olio, you're done, okay if you say it's good and that you're leading into something. No what I was gonna say. I always find it fascinating like when people like Indiana, like the lawmakers are clearly not for cannabis, so we'll make it illegal. It'll be illegal. Yeah, like you like the people are just the traffic game from other states. I think you're just kind of screwing your own state over. So I kind of find it fascinating that because they don't agree with cannabis, they think they're keeping it out, but all you're doing is forcing people to do illegal stuff. Like it's not going to stop it at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's ass backwards. I mean, especially if you're going to ban the billboards. I mean that people still know the states are legal. It's twenty twenty five, are living in informations out there, so it's pretty easy to find.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talking about billboards and borders right right there. It's not like you're you know what I mean, It's it's not that hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, not at all.
Speaker 2: And I find it fastening. The Indiana especially is so resistance because they're like right between states that are legal, like right there, they're literally right on the path between Chicago and Michigan.
Speaker 1: You know, they really are. And when every time we go through Chicago. I was just in Chicago and November for a Google AI seminar and also with my buddy, and I was like, they have to look at all these billboards in Indiana. Like we were still thirty minutes out of Detroit and you're still seeing like like when we got into Illinois, or right when you leave Illinois and you get in Indiana, you just see billboards like from.
Speaker 2: Those I mean, so let me ask you something. I mean, I see him as a person who does billy stuff. That's completely fine to do them in other states and stuff.
Speaker 1: As long as you're following their guidelines. I mean is if they didn't, if they ban them, then yeah you can't do it. But yeah you could just buy the billboard.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Interesting, I didn't know how that worked. Sometimes I'll watch scammers online. You can't buy billboards in foreign countries because I found scammers who will like hack in and then like they wanted to buy a billboard and put he's I'm a scammer with his picture on it and his address and they wanted to prove it. So that's why I was seeing. So state to state is obviously different. I'm sorry I've got a little off topic, but my whole point.
Speaker 1: Is no, no, no, there's there's there's laws. There's certain stuff you can't put on billboards, like you have to get it approved by the billboard, but out front, like you used to me, to your design and if they don't like it, they nix it.
Speaker 2: And that makes sense, but if they what cracks me up is that if a billboard in Indiana is advertising for something in Michigan, that got that got past someone. Someone said it was okay because they were they wanted that money. But these lawmakers are trying to hold back the money making because they're like in general, and I just it blows my mind, like they're okay with taking the money for the ads, but they're like, no, we don't want that stuff here. Like it's like, I don't know, it just seems like.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why they want to ban the billboards. Oh they're talking. That makes sense.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sorry I missed that part you said.
Speaker 1: And that makes sense now because what they're probably okay, they want to ban them.
Speaker 2: This is just a good old fashioned case of people in power just don't like cannabis, like you know. So it's like, unfortunately, Indiana, we just got to vote those people who actually support cannabis in the office. And it sounds like there's far and in between. But the people I know love cannabis.
Speaker 1: So sounds like yeah, sounds like who knows. Like I said, it's good for the surrounding states for money for them, So until then we'll see what happens. I mean, Indiana doesn't even have medical cannabis. I don't think either. So they're like way far behind, because I believe if you get pulled over, it's like it's still bad bad. So it's shocking even because they're in the Midwest. A lot of the Midwest is at least medically you know what I'm saying. So but yeah, yeah, I want to jump onto that real quick, because I thought that was interesting that they nixed it already talking about nixing it. Another article I found i'd actually share this with no, not actually, this is the one I shared with you. More American adults use cannabis as a sleep aid than choosing prescription pills or alcohol to fall asleep. So about sixteen percent of Americans age twenty one older say use cannabis as a sleep aid. That makes it more popular for sleep than prescription sleep aids at twelve percent, alcohol at eleven percent, but still not as common, quite as common as using so implements at twenty six percent, or over the counter sleeping mes a nineteen percent. I thought it was very interesting that it passed alcohol and prescription sleep bits right, because so many people drink right and they're like, oh, I use a drink, I'll go to sleep knocks you out, Depressant knocks you out honestly, cannabis not I'm not shocked by that. I use it a lot for bed time, like I like edibles at that time. But I've also been taking magnesium at night time and that's been helping as well too, So I mean that is something I just buy.
Speaker 2: Over the counter, but that's like morelot the counter. I would say that's more in the organic realm because it's funny enough, like I'll take edibles too, but sometimes, like you know, if you eat a like if I eat some syrup or some edibles, that helps. But yeah, I've actually started taking melotonin here and there, so that helps too, But I try to put that more in the organic realm than a prescription aid. But like I mean, I'll be honest, man, sleep issue is a huge issue for me, I'm sure for everyone out there. Like I had to do that was that called that zequill shit. I was doing z quill shit all the day time for a while, and like the thing is, like I think that was just because like edibles, after a while stop working. Every time I take something, it just stops working, and like so then I go back to the edibles and it works again, and then I go back to the sleep ed sleepait. So I've been kind of I just kind of cycle through this, and I know that has a lot to do with my issues with like just being kind of insomnia insomnia problems. I guess I don't really know, but but at the end of the day, it's like, I think it's one of those things that cannabis has a wide range of stuff where sometimes, like these other pills build a taleranch. Just like I said, you could switch between So if you're not a cannabis user regularly, like you could just smoke that, you can switch between edibles. So I think there's a like I agree with you that it makes complete sense that it's just become sleep aid because people have opened their minds to it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I use cannabis and then the supplement magnesium, so like supplements was twenty six percent, and that's why I was a side use either that or cannabis. I like the magnesium for me recently, it's been knocking. It's been knocking me out, helps me sleep some more. Sound of the Night. A couple people have recommended it to me, so I bought a bottle that's been working. So I would agree with your grivy over over the counter supplements, verbal verbal tendencies and probably.
Speaker 2: If you're having issues like I did, I mean, cycle through maybe different canvas products because like that's I mean, I definitely was working in sleep aid and all these other things. But now I kind of go between like syrup edibles and just like honestly like a huge fat dab. Usually I take baby dabs dave nose, but if I want to like feel it, I'll take a fat dab now, and like that helps me kind of just relax. So for me, it's a little bit like Dave. It's a little mixture I like melowtnin and cannabis products. So I can't disagree. I just think sometimes if I eat too many edibles, I just get like lit like.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I've honestly if I if I mean wake up, I mean I'll wake up high or always with a migraine in the middle of the night, and then I like yeah, because it's my body is like too much.
Speaker 2: It's almost like a balance that I should say is you can't. For me, I just couldn't just eat five hundred milligrams edibles. And that's just me, you know, some people can. I think edibles are something. Again not to get too off topic, but we're talking about sets and edibles like that's very dependent on who you are, because five milligrams can be a sedative and one hundred milligrams can do nothing. So edible is a game you gotta kind of play with yourself, but start low, work your way up.
Speaker 1: But you can't. Don't start with one hundred milligrams. I'll tell you that. No.
Speaker 2: I just had friends, I mean or even people tap into the stream where they're eating edibles in the morning, and four hundred and fifty milligrams is like what they eat the outding. It's like you just got to have, you know, your own experience with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But that also there's like their medical like that's what they use for like medicinal when they're doing that high amounts. He's even said too, like that's but that's how they handle their product. Yeah. But yeah, so I just wanted to bring that up. It's great to see that. Great to see cannabis taking over some some stuff and pushing out alcohol. It's good to see alcohol.
Speaker 2: Losing, isn't it. Isn't it like for a lack of better.
Speaker 1: Words, because it's been like the number one thing forever, and it's like one of the worst out there, especially if you get like angry drunk. There's like drunk drivers, Like there's so much bad stuff that happens, like over consumption of alcohol. Alcohol and moderation obviously is good. Yeah, yeah, go for it. Distilleries, I've been to travel distilleries. I've been to some of them and they're sick sweet love it. But over consumption bad, bad, bad, just like I guess I think anything over consumption is bad. So we're going. But next article groove hit me with it.
Speaker 2: Is no, this is a that's horrible. So I'm actually having to no, no, you're good man, I'm actually having to switch the like where it's this cannabis news update and the other one, which I realize I've kind of had it backwards the whole time, but it doesn't matter because it's cutting off. So anyways, this one's a little bit lengthy, and this one's a little bit interesting to me, man, because I don't fully I mean, I understand it, you know, but I don't I don't know how to feel about it. So I just want to talk about this a little bit. So this one's entitle the man behind the DA's federal marijuana scam, and it was a little convoluted because he's essentially a businessman who's trying to like make money off of being in the DA or being a senior advis a senior policy advisor at the DA division Diversion Control Division, but also was trying to take his company called let me find the name API bulk MMJ International Holdings right, which is recognized for its pioneering efforts in marijuana derive pharmaceuticals, had macing even head away with the US Food Administration developing treatments surrounding disease and multiple strosses. So my thing here is that it's already it's it's it's marijuana derive pharmaceuticals. So I'm not my wording there is like I don't quite understand what they mean there. If that's like Marin al or if that's like they're actually growing cannabis and trying to do products, you know what I'm saying, Like, how would you take that?
Speaker 1: I'm not too sure honestly on it. I think this whole thing with the DA has just been taking so long for them to come out with anything with cannabis so I think they're just delaying anything and just coming out with different articles just to regarding well, this is like they're supposed to have something. It's not regard to the what's it called. It's not in regard to the federal dropping it from Schedule one to Schedule three.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, not at all. No. No, this is talking about this guy that those dogument Matthew J. Straight. This is the senior policy advisor for the DA. He's he's kind of in the middle of some some scrutiny here because the contrary due to his alleged defiance of two significant presidential actions, donald Trump's Right to Try and former presidents Initiative to Enhanced marijuana research the implication of Straight actions which appeared to contradict federal efforts intended to advance medical medical treatment accessibility and cannabis research. So it sounds like he was purposely slowing down the process in which he was bottlenecking the process, uh to for to explore in that that area about medical cannabis.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, so yeah he has a bottle Trump because you said no, no, he's.
Speaker 2: Using those things. So he was using the right to try law which was designed originally to allow ill patients to exercise access to experimental treatments. So essentially kind of like, hey, this person's dying, let them use this experimental thing because they have no might as well, right, like what else they have to lose? Right, they're already terminal. Right, So it's like he was using that law to push some stuff that didn't have FDA approval to test and do things with his personal.
Speaker 1: Stuff or with his Uh so he's using cannabis on critically ill people. That's what I'm getting from it, or product that's similar to THC because he said marinal which would be like a pharmaceutical.
Speaker 2: Not no, that's what I'm saying. I'm not sure how to That's not what I said. I said, I'm not sure if it's marital or not. So this legislation was aimed at bypass lanthing and FDA process right granting hope or potential life, saying we're talking about the right try law right despite the laws intent to cut tape straight interpreted the day's protocols as reported, obstruct the pathway for many companies like MMJ International Holdings, which is working to develop cannabis based treatments for conditionings like multiple scross and hunting disease. So he's essentially was using his right to law that these these different legislations to delay these cannabis bills. So it's almost like he was you know, he's saying he's doing all this good stuff is coming, but purposely slowing down the research for critical trials with this medicine. So they're basically give him screening, like why are you slowing down the process if you're the one saying your company's gonna do it? I mean, But so I'm interpreting this as the DA saying, hey, this guy is pretty much sounds like he's working for the other team. Why else would you slow it down? Right? And I think that's what this article's trying to bring up, is that they're looking to why is straight exactly Like exactly I was gonna say, who doesn't want cannabis derive pills to work big Pharma? Sorry that was a lengthy conversation and hard to understand, but that's how I took it is that sounds like this straight person was purposely using his company that was in late lead for the research to be done with these canvus derived pills to essentially slow down the process and purpose obviously for him and his buddies to make money, probably just under a different holding, probably just in a complicated back door way, right, And this is still an investigation, right, there is nothing this is. I don't think this is fully you know done, doesn't sound like it's fully done. You know, it's just talking about the DA's ethical holdings and then the urge for our the DA reform. This is a great article by the way from Cannabis Business Times, just to give him a shout out, because I really had to read through this a couple of times because it was a little convoluted, right, But essentially what it is is like, I don't know, you could look at this a couple of ways, right, Like you can look at this as this person's a business move, it could be a policy thing. That's why I just for some this guy is doing slowing it down for what reason? You know, if you're in.
Speaker 1: You know someone's paying, yep, there's no reason why you just be slowing it down somebody's paying or something.
Speaker 2: But he's clearly yeah, he's clearly telling the DA, hey, no, we're going to test you to all this stuff. But then nothing's going through and you know that. So essentially it's kind of it's kind of messed up because like you said, it's probably just big farm of paying someone's making too much money for them, and that's another way for them to say, oh no, we're doing research. It's just it's not working right, right, so they this is why it's going exactly. This is why. I'm kind of like when you take these like little things, he's like these one person that control these massive decisions. It's like, wow, frick man, Like these people can really screw over some shit. So this guy is a scummy you know, no matter how you look at it. He's basically supposed to be an advisor on the DA the people we trust right, well I don't trust, but the people we American trust right to make these decisions. And clearly we need reform in the DA because clearly there's people in the DA with too many opinions or too many backdoor Like I would assume.
Speaker 1: There's some they've been rated something for how long.
Speaker 2: There's some big lobbyists out there for big pharma and they're just paying, you know, and that that's and that's unfortunate game. You know, Oh hey you know you want to reelect, we can donate you fifty thousand dollars for your election campaign. If you just happen to slow down that process, you're doing no problem, you know what I mean. So that's that it's more pointing at this. This article doesn't say, hey, these are the like you know, this is what the police are saying. This is more saying, hey, this is the ethics that came up about this person. So I can't say, I don't know if it's necessly gone to trial by any means, and he has obviously got fired, but they're calling for reform in this article. So shout out to whoever did the research on this. So I just want to regurgitate it. And I'm sure, you know, not the best, but like I said, if you want check it out, just type in the man behind DA's federal marijuana scam Cannabis Business Times. Super great article. So I enjoyed reading it, and honestly because these articles I like define and talk about you know, when everyone's talking about how much money Cam's made or something that like happened, it's like, yeah, okay, that's everywhere. You know, I could just google that. This is some stuff that I had to kind of like research, kind of like understand what he was they were saying. You know, it was a complicated article, and I just appreciated it, you know, because stuff kind of gets lost, you know, like you know, when we talk about these bad players in the DA or FDA, or see any of these letters righting these people in power, these crooked people, sometimes we'll get scooped under the rug because it's you know, there's another shitty thing that happens and another news article takes it away. But you know, these bad players. I feel like there's a lot more in these positions of power these days.
Speaker 1: So there's tons in all power, you know what I'm saying, Fortunately, all over all over this world. Going back to the DEA, which you said, yeah, they need reform because they're supposed to come out to December third with what they were going to do, and it is going into February on Saturday, and we haven't heard shit. So please let us know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well waiting, uh, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, don't be safe baking me. Man.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk about this a little later, but just while we're in between these articles real quick, I'm gonna take a little bit of this uh water hash by seven ten, which was one of the more expensive products that we found at cake house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nice, Well why you take it? Dab at that on the next article. What I'm saying with the DEA taken forever, they pretty it's pretty much it's from marijuana movement, and it's just stating. Congressional researchers say it's unknown if marijuana will be rescheduled under Trump, whose approach to cannabis remains to be seen, And I completely agree with that. I honestly, I have no idea. I don't I don't know what he gonna do. Honestly, I don't think he's gonna do much of it anyway. Dude, he was he was He was for legalization in Florida and that had no homegrows. So it's like it was a corporate cannabis. So like, I don't see him being for cannabis at all. Really, so I don't I might either way. Kamala Trump, whoever was in office, I didn't see anything happening in these four years. Like, so if it does happen, it will be with the DEA doing some type of rescheduling. But that was already coming through with because of the Biden administration and what they were pushing a while back. So I'm out holding my breath for Trump, like not at all, So we'll see. I just thought it was interesting because, yeah, no one knows his full approach on it. We don't know what he's gonna do. He really hasn't said much towards it. But like I said, except for he would vote yes on the medical are the legal one in Florida, and that didn't pass, So I don't know. We'll see.
Speaker 2: I pull up this hash. It's not the best lighting. We were stalking about getting a light, but man, isn't that beautiful for a full moult not to don't I know, I can't do that. I'm doing anything just showing the people that was that was more towards the damn good look at full moll. Yeah no, So, I mean, you know how I feel about politicians they say what they need to get into office, you.
Speaker 1: Know, because it's just part of the thousands of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which we do need to figure out what happened there, because you know, there's a bunch of articles saying that he did. But then I saw on last Prisoner Project that not everything's gone through yet, so I'm like, where did that land? So still I don't think I want to give a full update for well, we'll keep you updated because that's one of those things we're stumpstaying. We tried to figure out, but it sounds almost like a lot of the positive stuff out there is stayed out there, but I don't see a lot of the the Probably it's probably taking a lot with legislation, and that's what I think it was, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was so funny because we did We did an episode and you're like, oh, we're talking about Biden and he dodged the question, literally ducked out the interview and ran. Then like four days later we did Awake and Bake and it was like, oh, he just part of everyone's so we were all, oh, yeah, so excited. He pardoned one. Then like four days after that found out was it all cannabis? It was this, this, and it was like a.
Speaker 2: Bunch of other things. Way, so how many cannabis And like you're just like, I know, it's not as many cans. Well, and that's why I said, like, I'm I'm glad some got their pardons, but it's not as much as you should have. You know what I mean, like, so we'll just keep you updated there for sure, but we will say.
Speaker 1: And if and if yah. I just think it's gonna be slow in general with politics. I don't think we'll see much happening. Obviously. Next year's the midterm elections twenty twenty six. I don't see anything with a lot of states going legal or nothing either. We'll see. I think it's it's gonna be interesting how it is for the next couple of years with Trump and his candisy in office. That's all I gotta say. I don't a lot of things will be changing these coming years, good, bad, probably horrible.
Speaker 2: Well, just to build on what you said too about Florida and like, oh well trumb was for cannabis in Florida. We'll dude, I'm pretty sure Trump's for anything that makes money, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: No fact and yeah that and it's Florida and there's no homegirls like you.
Speaker 2: He's a he's a greedy man, like he's you could tell, like you know what I mean. So it's like fucking I I don't know, like I I would see him supporting more of the corporate ship than anything. You know, I don't see like Trump being like, yeah, let's keep the cult drive like you. I mean, like.
Speaker 3: I got that trumpo, g dog, let's go. He's got that maga.
Speaker 2: I'm not listen. I'm not not a fan, but whatever, man, I I don't just trying to get to the next I'm just trying to you know what I mean, Like I would like any politician to do. If there's only one thing I could ask any potus out there, I don't give a fuck what their name is. It's just deschedule it. I mean, yeah, descheduled completely. Don't this reschedule ship doesn't do anything for the actual plan. It just allows people to make more money. And sure, I do think safe banking needs to happen. I'm not stating that save banking should have happened already. You know, save banking needs to be a thing. But like rescheduling it, I know understand the theory of like you know that you know, because there's this it's this red corporate this political corporate red tape that we need a year of federal research to get some Oh so we have to put down to schedule three before we could actually take it off with the schedule list. That is such bullshit. When the whole the plant. I mean, because that's probably due process, and like, you know, my logic side says, Okay, if that's due process, then that makes sense, that's what they're doing. But it doesn't make sense when it's wrong as fuck to begin with, you know what I mean, Like it should have never been so illegal, so much hate, so much propaganda, so much like racism tied in all this, and what I just wish people would wake up and realize, like, no, we just need to start over. It needs to be just like you're talking about DA with reform. This whole cannabis policy in the in federal state all just needs to be reformed, Like just let's start over. Like I'm considering it a drug. It should have never been a number one drug. Have you seen people in heroin? It is not the same as someone smoking a joint, you know, I've seen friends like that is. I don't know. Whenever it's frustrated, I don't mean to get two worked up or worked out. Yeah, it's just I'm saying it's like my one part of my brain, I can understand due process and I get that to some degree, but when the process is wrong, doesn't make senseacre.
Speaker 1: Me facts, my dude. Well, let's get off this topic. Let's go to our fun topic that we did, which I forgot.
Speaker 2: To even pull up the lower third the whole time because I was just like, I was like, that's why we do this, man, I'm pet care man, like this ship. We didn't do this podcast when this ship could have got you know, like before all legal, because we were like it was because it was wrong. We want to talk about shit because then you people might know, you know, it sparks conversation and like, if you're listening out there on the Spotify world, you know, we obviously appreciate you YouTube followers in the video, but if you just hear this message, talk about it to people. Tell the people out there what's going on, you know, tell them they're being tricked by the almighty dollar. And you know, tell you about the almighty media. You know what I mean, the fucking mainstream media.
Speaker 1: The media is all in by all the bullshit. Yeah, you can get to this, but if you are listening on Spotify, Apple, High Heart, Amazon, wherever you're listening that there's that little review button. Click that button to give us a five star review or whatever you want to give us, but please leave us a review. It helps boostle us off in the feeds. Honestly, if you're on Apple and you leave us an actual review and type it out, we'll send you a shirt dm us I will send you my cand of cash shirt. Leave us a review on Facebook or not Facebook, on Apple podcasts, let us know your username or whatever it's hooked up to. I'll see it. We'll send you a shirt with dms on ig. Seriously, we'll send it. We'll pay for everything so it'd be dope. And then also if you follow us.
Speaker 2: Our pocket I didn't know.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no no no. Honestly, if you do leave this review, we'll send it out. But also follow us on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook. We've been back live on Facebook on Saturday mornings, nine am Eastern. Wake Up, bake up with us, wake up to toke time. You can take a dab, you can hit a joint, you can eat the edible, do what you need to do. And we're with the community having having a fun conversation. And also we have Dave Sports Minute Candidave Sports Minute, so we've been sneaking that in. It was requested a lot.
Speaker 2: Less speaking a bunch of segments in this year. This is the year of all of our segments because we've always picked them up randomly, but we're making it a show for you ollfously.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so tune in. You'll get some candidave sports minutes. It's heavy Detroit based, but I do love everywhere else.
Speaker 2: So yeah, time has evolved the toke time to be more inclusive, but I love it fun just to hang out, talk about the community, talk to people, what's going on at just real time. We respond in comments and it's a lot of fun, but real real quick. I think we're gonna save that study for the next next podcast for me and you have because that way we're gonna it's gonna go on pretty in depth, and I feel like it's gonna take a little while.
Speaker 1: That's fair because we'll probably be both in depth going conversation probably like a twenty minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's interesting. I think that and that one. And because of what we talked about prior to the episode, I think sometimes like it's an article essentially that is a little bit it gives a negative light on cannabis, So I want to talk about the propaganda that's still out there. But I think I'm gonna go randy with that. So we're gonna wait because there's a lot, because there's a lot to dig into propaganda and how it affects the domino effects. Anyways, we'll get into that. It's probably gonna be the next time me and Dave just have an episode where we don't Summer is busy and no guests, but we do have episodes recorded with Summer and guests coming out in the future, so stay tuned and good stuff.
Speaker 1: I think next week's are for our first one back with Summer of twenty twenty five and with a special guest.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I have to confirm with the person who gives me the dates that's you, so and yeah it is. Let me check with my other department, like all my people reach out to your people like no.
Speaker 1: Instead of an email, he might respond, I don't know, you know, No, I'm kidding. We'll be releasing the light Sky interview with anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's nice week. Okay, I wasn't sure, so yeah, no, so yeah, Lightsky fun visit. We'll have some follow up type of like interview style because we went to the grow and we asked him some questions A guy a little more in depth on site with y'all. So yeah, I look for the socials, Mechanic cast and then m i CC studios everywhere. Uh yeah, no, that's some I have dug into mind mine open. I think I might pop mine open either tomorrow or Thursday.
Speaker 1: So actually i've been here.
Speaker 2: I've been hitting my lights. I've been using my light sky when I just finished that lime naughty. This uh, this one is uh actually I'll just show the color on this one and you can't see it. But Doco Poco you have this one. I think Doca Poco gold. Shout out to Anthony, shout out to a dog.
Speaker 1: That's pretty clear what I mean.
Speaker 2: I like this. I think it's pretty damn clear for live residence. So it's got some turps on it. So yeah, I've been hitting that and stuff, so it's all good. But uh yeah, so let's talk about this cake House adventure man. So I had this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where I got this.
Speaker 2: Sorry yeah yeah yeah, which again, shout out.
Speaker 1: I think you're about to say the exact same thing. Just cake House for your.
Speaker 3: First time there. I mean, you gotta go check it out. They got they got they got killer deals.
Speaker 2: Advertising really it was, you know, and I will say it was a good deal for your first time, not gonna give you that great of a deal. And then they have this varying like percent and off like every week, so it was it seems, you know, I might keep my eye out now. It was our first time, really my first time hearing about it, to be honest, because it was at this spot. It's kind of a rough location because it's kind of like hidden, which I it's just you know, if you know, you know, but like there was another spot there or another dispo there for a long time called Soso's pleasant Ridge and yeah, Sosos and I just stopped. I figured the dispo wasn't there, so I just you know. And because it's all like out of the off the beaten path, you'd have to go there, right you. I wouldn't just like pass by. I'm like, oh, look, it's a new dispo like you.
Speaker 1: Would be a pleasant Ridge like off the freeway. It's in a weird plaza. It's a very yeah, it's a very specific street.
Speaker 2: Like don't me wrong. It's worth checking out, definitely, absolutely, but it's not you wouldn't just know about it, right, So whatever, we looked. I was looking for deals shout out to you to handbo and I specifically wanted to try some seven to ten hash, but I know it's one of those things that you treat yourself for. And I saw headed the cake house forty two percent, so we decided to go check it out. And that's why we decided to try the most expensive thing, and we just got the cheapest thing, because why not, right, And I don't know if this was the most expensive item there might have been, like hey, if I buy two an ounce and a half, that's more expensive. But per unit, like one gram eighty dollars. I thought that was, you know, pretty solid.
Speaker 1: And then we got we got to infuse pre roll, which was four dollars. But it is gas infused pre roll for four dollars, did you hear me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That was out the door. It was actually like three fifty five is when I got it, I think, is what it was. And it was like four something out of the door for seven. No, I was, and it was infused.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Infused. So you did say that, and that's why I said, I said, and.
Speaker 3: We'll get it there.
Speaker 2: We didn't, and we shot the review separate, So we'll post that probably in a couple of days, probably Friday or Saturday this week, right, so stay tuned to the socials again. We'll be posting that subscribe on YouTube get the first time, but we'll put the full stuff on YouTube of post clips out there. But it was just really neat to see the difference in varying right to me. But about that pre roll, I'm not going to talk too much because that was for the review, but it was just very fascinating to go in there and see the dynamic of this technically does get you a buzz, but this is such a nice buzz, you know what I mean? Like I could not imagine smoking a bunch of those pre rolls. What'd you say?
Speaker 1: Different consumer type too, like budget budget shopping where you're gonna spend the four dollars and you know, like you said it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, man, it's just like bringing back that conversation of like when I had to switch from rags to good weed, I was like, well, this is cheaper, and then but I always have a headache. You're smoking chemicals grooving, Like, oh.
Speaker 1: You're just smoking straight up mold. At that point, those weretches were like eight years old.
Speaker 2: Off a whole.
Speaker 1: That shit was for nineteen eighty brickweed in two thousand and eight. What I mean, it was super brown? I wonder, side note, side note, this is a good conversation for wakening Bank. I'm gonna bring it up. I wonder, what is the oldest bud we've actually smoked? Like, think about it. Think about reggies back in the day. You know that shit was old, like the first stuff of reggies we got once we started getting like, you're.
Speaker 2: Not trying to think about that, because dude, it's not good. Like it's not There's a lot of mold on.
Speaker 1: Ten years, a lot of stuff you think five years, no, man, And this this weave was it? This weave wasn't even like you're story properly. I know, but it wasn't even stored properly. It's great. This is a good conversation though.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that later. But about the most expensive thing. I want to do this experiment in other dispensaries because it also gives you kind of an interesting perspective on each dispense series range. Because I think that's kind of interesting to write about the disbo is that they hearing such a crazy project product.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely, And I think that's good. That's great where you're at because you're going to be supplying to the people that live in your area. They might be looking for different types of product. Yeah, I don't buy that treat yourself. This is a treat you. Well that that pre roll was treat myself. I could have been treating myself with that refusal. I was just making a jump.
Speaker 2: And I want to make a point though, because that's but you're right, But you're absolutely right with like you technically get a buzz. So it's like you know, to the consumers, I especially depending on what you use cannabis for. I think it's very that's also what you're paying for. Like, I'm paying for this because I love terps, I love good like dabbable hash like I this. That's why I'm paying for it because it's a very specific item. So I'm looking for a specific taste. I'm looking for a specific buzz where if you're like I just want to get high, give me some weed. Alright, we got you ten bucks, like you know what I mean, Like and three joints come in your hand, so it's in like, dude, we were boring on a budget for a long time. Bro, we used to get three for twenty joints all the time.
Speaker 1: Like, Bro, we used to split a ten bag a dining bag five dollars. People.
Speaker 2: I am, and that's what I'm trying. That's what I'm saying. I have no insult by any means.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I was insulting that and infused that was joint only because of the taste specifically. So that's something you listen to the review, but like it's just I don't know. It's very fascinating me to that. That is the difference in a customer is I don't care, throw me something and like I'm belining for this one specific item like me, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like it's just like you got your heavy connoisseur at the eighty dollars and then just your cannabis user that just wants the cheapest, quickest in and out the door because it's ready pre rolled, it's infused, and it's the cheapest and it has tax percent You're like, oh, bank bank bank, bank check mark, check mark, checkmark, I'll buy it. And it is. It's completely different. And that's what I love about the products within within the dispo. You can literally, like you said, go from here to there and everywhere in between, and you can find fire stuff in between the four dollars in fuse that might be something at ten twenty, and then you might start to find some fucking braz and full mount.
Speaker 2: And a lot of dispensaries are like this, you know, they have that ranging product these days. I feel like for a while there people would only hold good stuff, like they were a little more choosy. I do feel like a lot of dispensaries these days hold both levels of shit. But definitely no, you're getting what you pay for, oh absolutely yeah, not getting You're not getting a quality joint. And I don't know.
Speaker 1: At four dollars you know four dollars in fuse, because we do. I know some brands that do four dollars pre rolls that it's straight, but and those aren't bad. They still slap. They're just the low low buds.
Speaker 2: I mean again, it's all relative, too well, this is all relative to how much you use. But you smoke, man, there's some people out there that'll be like, man, I don't smoke salts. I don't smoke that mid And there's some people who are like, I'll smoke whatever because it get me high. Right, So it's all relative to how you perceive cannabis. And that's the big thing. That's why I love this experiment. I want to do this more because it can show you the difference the parallels of like, yeah, man, we still got a buzz. I mean, it wasn't clean and we didn't really you know, and you watched the review Dave kind of it's funny. So some accidents, Yeah, so exactly. So it's it's you know, it's a fun experiment to do just to and also keep alive the fact of like keeping eye on the different consumers, you know. And that's the thing I think and have fallen down this path that we're both we both loved it and we're looking for like the most quality hashed, the most quality flower out there. But the end of the day, man like huge basis that we need to that we want to start doing reviews for so you're gonna see a lot of reviews of stuff that we probably yep, that's why that's why we want to reach out. You know, we definitely love our audience of connoissewers, but we also want to give reviews out there for the people who are just like trying to get that value.
Speaker 1: So definitely do a ring absolutely because the Groovie sat we've been there and we're just kind of sewers now because we've gone through like fourteen years of smoking weed, so we've known good stuff to mid stuff, to better stuff to really good stuff. So we've been sticking out of the really good stuff. I want to experiment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the ship that I wouldn't buy and I wish it all came down from some of product in Vegas that I didn't try because it was like too much similar to like Zan's but it was like a pill for weed. I was like, nah, I don't know. And it was like shape with like a bar. I was like, that's a little I remember that in Vegas. You don't remember that like pill thing that's.
Speaker 1: Crazy is that biscond.
Speaker 2: It was at a dispensary that we saw they showed us behind, Oh you never heard of these. It was kind of like mocking like a pillow whatever. Man, I'm not here to explain bringing back your man. But no, it's like there's ever since then. I was like I didn't I just want to try new things that I normally went by. You know, it's fascinating.
Speaker 1: No, our bodies try some more of these because there's gonna be some winners out there. I know we'll find some like treasures in the rough that will be like.
Speaker 2: Well, what like that was? Like, bitch, I thought this was all trash and again again, and I think that's and that's what's kind of fun about this experiment. And I think it's gonna go the other way too. We're gonna buy some expensive ship that was way over priced because that's happened to us a lot. And even that that tends to happen more on the reviews than the other one, just because we want to try the nicer stuff and ends up backfiring. So you know, so we'll be experiment anymore I have. We're gonna be doing it sometime.
Speaker 1: Stuff.
Speaker 2: That's all I had today.
Speaker 1: So I appreciate yourself coming up.
Speaker 2: If you're coming to going to the crow Foot tomorrow, I'll reach out in the DMS. Hit us up, let's burn one, take some dabs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone I've talked to in the DMS, hit me up still because we've been talking. Let's let's blaze it up. Look forward to it me and groovy. Looking forward to connecting with everybody. What's going on? Molly Tomorrow's my girl? Surgery? Send me already have surgery by the time this is dropped, but you can still send the law. I never one a one a with yours the best buds? What other than other than that? Yeah, yeah, I know. I mean I my dog is My dog was the best I was. I'm she's the best female that. I love it.
Speaker 2: I wasn't gonna say. I just felt like that felt darker.
Speaker 1: But anyways, thank you, Yeah, no, thank you. Yeah, Actually she's going to surgery. I actually made her uh chicken not chicken, beef and rice for her last meal tonight before because you can't eat past seven. Now she can't eat past seven, so gave it her big meal and then she just picked her head and.
Speaker 2: Cutting it up.
Speaker 1: I did. I made it real nice groove. He knows me. But yeah, appreciate it. I appreciate everyone tuning in. Leave us a five star review on Apple, send us a DM We'll send you a free T shirt and.
Speaker 2: Shout out the parties again. Shout outs partners again. Lost Coast Plant Therapy, Old Score, Organic Cannoby Extract Kinship Cannabis Co and High nine. Check them all out. Supporting them is supporting us, So we appreciate you. Yep, check me out a proof of music, canon cast everywhere. We're trying to build up them. I seeing, dude, you want to do a little bit more storytelling and like mini doc type of stuff, possibly down the road from the cannabis perspective. And then uh yeah, yeah, we're just trying new things candidate everywhere. I appreciate y'all your community. Just stay tuned. We're gonna be trying it. This is a year of experimentation and moving forward for me. So oh and actually, what day is it? Wednesday? Oh, I'm gonna probably drop a remix this Friday. I forgot. It's like a bat of the bone, funky, mid tempo dubstep type of thing, so check it out. And then I got, I'm setting up a self really so next month already. So it's already set up. I think it's February twenty eighth, if I remember, I have a self. So stay tuned for new music. Pumped about it.
Speaker 1: Love it, brother, I love it. I'm excited. And check out his socials. He put out a couple put out of a video as well with it, so check that out and then check out our socials as well too. In my canon cast, we have some new content that's not even podcasts related, which is really funny stuff. Nine to five and that was oh, because what you're.
Speaker 2: Saying, I'm like, yeah, I'm like, I'm not in the same room as you.
Speaker 1: May I'm like, what's behind me? A ghost it's ghost face.
Speaker 2: There's no door behind you.
Speaker 1: All right. With that note, we need to jump off tune into Saturday, nine am Eastern, Wake Up, Bake Up with your boys, Candidate and groovy and as always we're here to advocate, educate, and inspire. Until next time you all, peace and smoke good. Bringing it back.