Speaker 1: Three, Kate hold on, I'll start over. The issue is they just brought in culvers for us.
Speaker 2: I don't know how anyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no chance we can perform as professionals when there's a Butterburger in front of us.
Speaker 2: Shout out culvers water Yeah, big fans. Okay.
Speaker 3: It's one on one point three KATIEWB with Fallon and Colt. It is the for a lot of people the final day before vacation starts. Yes, when I tell you it's just humble weeds in our building right now, I'm not exaggerating.
Speaker 2: There's like I saw one active person working. That's it.
Speaker 1: And then me and you in the look we give each other as we cross paths like we're in this together.
Speaker 2: Yeah we are. We are, and you know that feeling.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna come back and if you're one of those people, we'll talk to you.
Speaker 2: For anyone listening. Who on kd WB.
Speaker 3: One on one point three katiew B with Fallon and Cold just heads up, we have a.
Speaker 2: Lot coming up.
Speaker 3: Cold and I drew names for a secret SA members of our show drew names you could not draw yourself. We're gonna reveal Who's secret Santas.
Speaker 4: Who's Yeah, it's crazy. I'm very, very excited.
Speaker 3: With the Yeah, gift exchange coming up at like three point fifty at four o'clock, Dad chats you might know his dad chats on TikTok Dylan Michael White. He's gonna join us for radio categories. He's been on a couple of other times. Very fun.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do.
Speaker 3: We have a lot of stuff coming up basically on the show. We're not We're not mailing it in just because it's like one of the last shows of the year, you know, and.
Speaker 1: Even if you were to mail it in, your mailing in is like better than ninety percent of people who actually try. So really, I mean, if you want to, you could just mail it in me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you talking to people listening? I'm confused, No, I'm talking to you.
Speaker 3: Well again, I do still have my butter burger next to me from Culver's and I'm just so hard, so hard not to eat.
Speaker 2: On the air.
Speaker 3: Okay, anyone listening who please call so that we are not alone six ' five to one nine eight nine kdew b if you fit these categories. Anyone listening who who has a pet they regret cold came up with that one. I don't know what I actually want to know if anyone regrets a pet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had a hedgehog at one point in time.
Speaker 2: And then oh, yeah, that's the regret you had.
Speaker 1: When you get a beta fish, you think it's going to be easy, but then it's just just like, oh my god, I still have this thing seven years later.
Speaker 3: What's going Beta fish is the epitome of youre I've never seen a happy beta fish.
Speaker 1: Oh and it doesn't do anything for you except just makes you clean a tank once a week.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, that's on you. I knew that from a mile away. Regret. Remind everyone what your hedgehog's name was.
Speaker 1: Well, depending on the day. But Bruce Quillis, Klaul Smith, Prince Quilliam.
Speaker 3: Either of those, anyone listening who will die on a hill about something? Yeah what is I love those I love? I will die on this hill.
Speaker 4: And the more irrational the better too.
Speaker 3: Or anyone listening who has a Christmas song they wish would go away forever you can call six five, one, nine, eight nine Katie w B. I had a salamander for a little bit and that was a bizarre choice. Yeah, that was like a rescue situation. Though It's like I said, where from.
Speaker 5: It's a natural habitat outside, So was it I did?
Speaker 2: And I put it in a queer.
Speaker 3: I don't know they're supposed to be outside. It was kind of when you're in Nevada. No, I was in Indiana. It was just in my living room.
Speaker 4: I don't cald living room. I don't know if in Indiana.
Speaker 2: Do lots omall?
Speaker 3: It's a salamander, a lizard six five, one, nine, eight nine. Katie w b anyone listening who has a pet they regret, will die on a hill about something, or has a Christmas song they wish would go away forever.
Speaker 2: Going and cold.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be found and cold fall and claimed at the beginning of the show she wasn't checked out. She's literally just mouthful of a butterburger right now.
Speaker 6: Don't know.
Speaker 1: I do know CPR. Wait would it be at the Heimleig? Why would I immediately give you a CPR?
Speaker 4: That'd be weird. I'm choking, you're choking.
Speaker 2: I just stopped the mouth of me like you perver have here.
Speaker 1: Don't let me juk all right, So anyone listening to has a pet, they regret, we'll tie on a hill about something, or has a Christmas song they wish will go way now. We didn't get any calls for that, so I'm god everybody's in the so we.
Speaker 3: Got attacks they said, h I wish the Chipmunk's Christmas song will go away forever. But this one said, on another note, I will listen to you and coult sing like.
Speaker 2: Chipmunks any day. Oh yeah, cool, love this text set.
Speaker 3: I once had a gerbils who were sisters. I was on a field trip overnight and when I got home, they were in the cage because my mom told me one attack the other and killed it and then hate it.
Speaker 2: She didn't want me to see it.
Speaker 3: I was thirteen sending this through text because I'm at work and I can't call.
Speaker 2: I definitely regret that. Lol.
Speaker 4: The mom's savage. I would have lied for sure.
Speaker 3: Why are you coughing like that? I swear you get me stick before Christmas. I'm gonna be so mad at you.
Speaker 4: Do you have an illness?
Speaker 2: I don't know, seems like it.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a let me cop Okay, anyway, which category do you fall into?
Speaker 6: The pet one?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What I currently have two pet rats. I had a pet rat years ago that was the best rat ever, and I thought, oh, why don't I get too, Then one i'll have a friend. Yeah, they're the meanest little rodents I've ever come across.
Speaker 2: Are they mean to each other or just you?
Speaker 6: No, they get they get along great. But I literally only change their like clean their caids and get some food and water, and that's all I get to do with them because they won't let me hold off.
Speaker 3: It was better to have a single one because then it needed you for companionship.
Speaker 6: Yes, it was one hundred percent better to have a single one. But now I just have two rats in my house that I don't want anymore. But I can't get rid of them because I feel bad.
Speaker 4: So I'm just which one you like the least?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: The one you got more recently, is that your least favorite.
Speaker 6: I got them at the same time, so they were like there are two brothers in the same cage, so I bought them together. Oh, one's got dumbo ears and one doesn't. So the dumbo ears one is my favorite and the other one is a little more.
Speaker 4: Skittish, but just regifted for Christmas.
Speaker 6: Someone that's horrible posting them for sale, but I'm like, no, I can't because I feel so guilty and so bad.
Speaker 2: I want to. I get what you're listening. I just doesn't. He has no remorse on anything he does.
Speaker 1: I have my hedgehog for a year and a half, sold it for two hundred bucks on Craigslist. Socks that you just got to find a family that's excited about a rat, that won't pay attention to them.
Speaker 6: And there's not very many people who walk.
Speaker 3: It does take a special kind of person that wants rats, even though I hear that usually they're very smart and good pets.
Speaker 2: You just chose the evil brothers I got you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they are very good pets, like the one I had before I could let out of my cage and him in my pitple would play together and so unusual, weirdest thing ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I I wish you luck. Gosh, that's steaks. I thought so bad.
Speaker 6: I know, I've been kind of waiting for them to croak as.
Speaker 2: Dark. It's getting dark, can't you be? What's your name is?
Speaker 6: Patrick?
Speaker 2: Patrick? Which category do you fall into?
Speaker 6: The animal? I had a pet, Gana, but I got.
Speaker 1: Three days before I went to college and left my mother.
Speaker 2: You just went out and purchased this.
Speaker 3: They're like, see a mom, I'm going away.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 6: I worked at a camp and I had to go with somebody because I bit.
Speaker 4: A finger off of someone. Send it home. Yeah, dude, your mom hates you?
Speaker 3: What was what was your mother's was she so mad?
Speaker 6: I home? I had something for you, and then I give to her and she facked out, But then she became really bonded with it. But knapped over the heat lamp and burnt.
Speaker 2: Dude, that was that.
Speaker 1: O'banna has been none of a problematic twist and turn.
Speaker 2: I feel bad. That's It's not like he could help his body knock him the lamp over.
Speaker 1: When you have kids, you you think about like, you know, when they're eighteen, they're not my responsibility anymore. But then you you, as an adult, just burn the bedroom down.
Speaker 4: Give your mom an iguana.
Speaker 6: That's just you.
Speaker 2: What a sweet sign?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: You know what? She is A blessed woman. Thank guys, Thanks Padrick, havevy holidays. It's the smile of the day. On one oh one point three, Katie w B.
Speaker 3: At this point, I swear you've probably seen this video.
Speaker 2: Someone's shared it with you. But it's too cute to not share.
Speaker 3: A little girl with a lot of self confidence goes off script at her school's Christmas concert and everyone's obsessed with it.
Speaker 2: So imagine.
Speaker 3: I mean she is little, she's like five six max. It just grabs the microphone and here's what she says. I am very proud of myself and all my other.
Speaker 2: Friends inside my class.
Speaker 3: And my class is really sweet except one little girl. And the principal grabs the microphone, which is hilarious.
Speaker 2: But it's so cute. How does she have that?
Speaker 4: She's so good at speaking at I know, so good boy, And what happened? What did you do? What would do?
Speaker 3: He steels, He probably did something like this happened to my daughter the other day that one of the boys she plays with all the time he's.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm not playing with you ever again.
Speaker 4: Oh no.
Speaker 3: And then she went and told her friends and they were like, you gotta play with Olive. And then I think they ratted them out to the teachers.
Speaker 2: Yes, kids do that.
Speaker 4: They say I'm not playing with you ever again, and then you're.
Speaker 3: Like, okay, fun fact, they definitely come crawling back and want you to play with them. Okay, So that's very cute. A door, yay ya, We're gonna come back. We're going to the pop Culture Minute. I have so much coming up in the pop Culture Minute. So Brina Carpenter was on Tiny Desk. She did a performance we have that.
Speaker 2: Kelly Clarkson just threw massive shade at her. Ex love that.
Speaker 3: And Rihanna has the perfect bougie but normal soccer mom snack. She shared, We're gonna cover it coming up in the pop Culture Minute in five.
Speaker 8: It's the pop Culture Minute with Vellan and Cult on one on one point three kd w B.
Speaker 3: It's brought to you by Ovo Lasik and Lyn So. Rihanna shared, She's like, first of all, it's a video you can see and it's hilarious.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Briann and her friend just seem like they are drunker on something I don't know, but they're.
Speaker 2: Like, here is a luxurious.
Speaker 3: But very chill snack that soccer moms would love, chicken McNuggets and caviar, and they put the caviar on the chicken McNuggets and they go to town. I would I would try it, you know, I'm not above that situation.
Speaker 4: I don't even know where you even begin to get caviar.
Speaker 2: I think you can just get it at the grocery store. I'm not kidding.
Speaker 4: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like in.
Speaker 9: A little round like small is it like adult a lounge, Like you need to be a member to get in the back like room to have access to the caviar.
Speaker 3: No networks, they have cheap er caviar and they have extremely expensive caviar. God. Kelly Clarkson is hyping up her Christmas album when Christmas comes around dot dot dot again, and she made sure to throw a little shade to her ex. They've been a divorce for about two years now. Basically, she dropped an official album visualizer, so it's like you listen to the album and they have like a YouTube kind of video that goes along with it, and it's stockings hung over the fireplace, and the stockings read mom River, which that's her kid's name, Remy, her other kid's name, and then the fourth one says Nope, a complete.
Speaker 2: Shade or she had like millions of millions and he was awful. Remember remember he was like sneaking money.
Speaker 3: He was told her she wasn't hot enough to be a judge on the voice and then she ended up getting the gig anyway, like he he was not a good person, as it turns out, just got money hungry. Speaking of Monday, John Mayer surprised to call that John Mayor had this much money.
Speaker 2: But John Mayr's rich.
Speaker 3: He just officially purchased Jim Henson's studio lot for over forty million dollars. Now, if you're very young, you don't know Jim Henson. He is the creator of like all things like kermitthe frog and that whole thing.
Speaker 2: But they have like a whole.
Speaker 3: Recording studio on this lot, which is I think why John Mayer wants it. Huge things have been recorded there, like the whole We Are the World song, things like that. So they say that he's going to oversee the recording studio. They plan to not make a ton of changes, like they want the staff to keep their name. They may change the name of the lot.
Speaker 2: Though, which would be crazy because you know it's been that for so long.
Speaker 4: But where does he have forty a million dollars from? That's insane to me.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna guess from touring and he I mean he writes all of his own songs.
Speaker 4: When is it gonna happen to us, Allen, when is it gonna happen to us?
Speaker 2: Don't know that that is happening to us ever, but keep on keeping on.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: Sabrina Carpenter is the latest guest on Tiny Desk Performances, which Colt loved the top comment, what did it say on the video?
Speaker 4: So to Sabrina Carpenter, this is a normal.
Speaker 2: Sized desk because she's tiny. You get it. So here's a little clip of that. Well, I'm working because I'm a singer. Oh it looks so cute. I'm not twisted here.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna laugh, so loften and mom, come, I get this voment dream that ex don.
Speaker 2: Walked in and drinking. Yes, all right, thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna check out the full one I saw the dude. The only song I know from DOCI is the song was like what honey and hell that we played here all the time.
Speaker 2: I had no idea.
Speaker 3: Now, okay, very very not safe for work, but you should look at Dochie's tiny desk.
Speaker 2: Very it was. I was like, oh my god, it was great.
Speaker 3: It's so I'm gonna show you a clip of it, not on the radio, because I can't.
Speaker 2: I don't have enough time to edit. I'm looking forward to that Swifty.
Speaker 3: Nikki Glazer remembers she's a comedian, but she's obsessed with Swifty.
Speaker 2: She went to twenty two.
Speaker 3: Of Taylor Swift's eras tour shows. Do you know how much money she spent to go to these shows? And she justified it. She's like, I can spend this much because I don't have kids. And even if she did have kids, she makes a lot of money.
Speaker 4: So whatever is this with room and board?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she said, with travel expenses.
Speaker 4: Okay, doude, it's got to be at least fifty.
Speaker 2: One hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: My god, Now that's life changing money to some. But Nicky Laser is a top comedian, she probably made that much. Do in the Tom Brady Roast?
Speaker 2: Honestly?
Speaker 4: Are they friends?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: And this is what was interesting to me.
Speaker 3: Taylor Swift is usually like super giving to celebrities and stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm actually surprised, but we don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like she would have offered her some free tickets because she was very open about.
Speaker 2: I mean, she was even here in Minneapolis. She came to one of our shows.
Speaker 1: How often can you like, I mean, could you go twenty something?
Speaker 4: At one point I wanted.
Speaker 3: To be like, all right, yeah, I don't think I need to know that many times done it. I can see, like, you know, three or four, I'd go a few. I'd go a few for sure. But that is your pop culture minute. It's brought to you by Obo, Lesig and Lance.
Speaker 2: Don't worry. I did a little deep dive.
Speaker 3: You'll be surprised to learn how Maria Carrie wrote her song All I Want for Christmas is You. It's coming up in about seven minutes on Katie w B.
Speaker 2: One oh one point three Katie w B. Why are we playing sad music?
Speaker 4: I want a somber vibe. Oh god, this is so sad.
Speaker 2: Don't bring the room down before the holidays.
Speaker 4: No, it's it's more of them. I want people to be in tune with their emotions, and I want you to really feel this because one thing I learned about you.
Speaker 2: You fall.
Speaker 4: One thing I learned about fallon.
Speaker 3: I don't want you to share it because I share a lot of sketchy stuff with you.
Speaker 4: You can peeing under two minutes or just crazy.
Speaker 3: I know you're not supposed to push, but I do sometimes that's wild.
Speaker 4: Does it go everywhere?
Speaker 3: Sometimes your stream can go like a little jagged, but no, mostly it just goes straight.
Speaker 2: Into the toilet.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's I mean, that's good. It's good. So I learned that.
Speaker 1: And I also learned that while is sharing that I told you it's the music making you all emotional.
Speaker 4: You up.
Speaker 2: Oh you're even crying right now. I'm my gosh, tearing up.
Speaker 1: One thing I learned is you're also terrible at accepting compliments.
Speaker 4: You're coughl at it. As soon as someone says one thing, You're like, yeah, suck.
Speaker 2: You are the same way.
Speaker 1: But I want to let you know, on this day, on this Joy's Day, don't do something weird, December twenty It's twenty twenty four at two forty eight pm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this show want to be here.
Speaker 2: Without you, we wouldn't be called the Fallon and Cold. So you're right, I would be.
Speaker 1: I was really thinking about this because a lot of people say like that it's weird, but a lot of people do say, oh my gosh, whatever, love listening, and I tell them every time it won't be anything about me.
Speaker 2: It's true meaning without you.
Speaker 1: But for real, what I say is fallin puts in eighty percent of the work, and I just kind of I'm throw in some ideas and then I just true, I say some wild stuff that doesn't even make sense half the time.
Speaker 2: Now that part is true, that's the first part is not true.
Speaker 1: And then Fallin is the glue that holds it all together. So I want to say, because of you, my children get to live in a house this winter. Because of you get to shop at Trader Joe's and afford groceries.
Speaker 2: I mean, Whole Foods.
Speaker 4: Well, I try that too expensive.
Speaker 2: I can't, dude, you endorse them?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Rewind rewind rewind.
Speaker 4: Only a whole Whole Foods three sixty five, that's what I do.
Speaker 2: I just just heard your commercial from its my guy.
Speaker 4: No, that was the old me.
Speaker 2: Oh right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, because of you, when I look at my Expinity bill that I forgot to pay for three months and there's an outstanding balance, they say they're going to turn it.
Speaker 4: Off, I can afford that bill.
Speaker 1: So thank you Fallan, Yeah, for putting in the amount of effort you do every day and for really making my life a lot more happy and laughable.
Speaker 4: Everybody, I don't know what you say. Humorous, humorous and everybody house in the Twin Cities who listens. Wow, you make you make you make them happy, So I.
Speaker 2: Make everyone's life laughable.
Speaker 4: So don't.
Speaker 6: Quick.
Speaker 2: Did you see her?
Speaker 3: I am so disturbed that you fake but I don't know.
Speaker 2: Thank you? That was kind so you can't even accept it serious when you laugh.
Speaker 3: You had a gross, flemy wheeze, and I'm thinking you're gonna give me sick for the holidays.
Speaker 2: I'm so annoyed. Merry Christmas, Christmas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyways, cool, So yeah that's it.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, Dittoh yeah, oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks appreciate it.
Speaker 1: We'll also work a little harder so I can afford cooler stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fair. That's fair.
Speaker 4: That's all me.
Speaker 2: That's my bad. Okay.
Speaker 3: Arguably everyone's favorite Christmas song. Today's deep dive is on All I Want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey on Katie w B. This Motown flavored song has a simple message Mariah, She's not concerned about all the paraphernalia of Christmas. She just wants to be with her man. All I Went for Christmas as You was co written and produced by Mariah Carey and Walter Afanasi, who started off as Whitney Houston's arranger and is co produced and co written many of Carrie's hits, including One Sweet Day and Zero. He also won a Grammy in ninety nine for co producing Celine Dion's They wrote this song in the summer of nineteen ninety four, with him coming up with the musical ideas on piano, and she developed the melody and the lyrics. They were setting out to write an up tempo Christmas track in the style of Phil Spector's girl group productions of the sixties.
Speaker 2: They achieved their.
Speaker 3: Goal, creating a very fun and memorable song, but he worried it was too basic. He said, it very simple arrangement. In fact, it's so simple that at the time I thought it was overly simple, and I really didn't like it. Music people know it's kind of like a practice interval. So keeping that tradition and then the oversimplified melody, I guess it actually made it so easily palatable for the whole world to go, oh, I can't get that out of my head. In her twenty twenty memoir The Meaning of Mariah Carey, she recalled being in love with the idea of Christmas as a child, but year after year, the holiday was ruined by family members who couldn't keep the peace for even one day. Still, she conjured the image of a perfect Christmas in her mind and revisited it when she began to write this song. She said, it was from my little girl's spirit and those early fantasies of family and friendship that I wrote this song. The delicate chimes that begin the song are reminiscent of those little wooden toy pianos, like the one from Peanuts. She said, I actually did bang out most of the song on a cheap little cassio keyboard, but it's the feeling I wanted the song to capture. There's a sweetness, a clarity, and a purity to it. This song came from a childlike space. I wrote it when I was twenty two years old, so I wasn't that far away from being a child. Carrie hits a lot of Chris cliches and the lyrics, including Mistletoe, Santa, Reindeer, and the North Pole, but the song's co writer said she created a lyric that, probably to this day, is the only up tempo Christmas love song. I think people like this positive love song because it's interchangeable. Anybody can sing it to anybody. It's about everybody, and it can only mean one thing, from father to child, or mother to child, or.
Speaker 2: Wife to husband. It's just all I want for Christmas?
Speaker 4: Is you.
Speaker 3: The interesting thing about this song is it's gotten more and more popular over the years, and in twenty ten it found a whole new audience when a version by Big Time Rush made.
Speaker 2: Number one twenty four on the charts.
Speaker 3: The Merry Christmas Album sold three million copies by the end of ninety four. It was certified at five million in two thousand and three, and it makes it one of the best selling Christmas albums ever. Speedway one on one point three k d WB with Fallon and Colt.
Speaker 2: All right, we have so many exciting things coming up.
Speaker 3: First of all, your chance to win Craile Experience passes with our afterschool pop quiz that's around.
Speaker 2: Like three forty ish.
Speaker 3: But also our secret Santa Gift exchange is coming up before the end of the hour. Work excited for that because I want to know who drew my name. Cult wants to know who.
Speaker 2: Drew his name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: We're going to come.
Speaker 3: Back and Colt what do we got what is this? I'm a little you were trying to explain it to me. I'm a little confused.
Speaker 4: I'm something I want you to think about. So you're gonna get a lump sum of money, but you have to do this one thing for five minutes a day, every single day, for the rest of your life. Would you do it?
Speaker 2: I'm listening, Okay, all right?
Speaker 4: Are you in three minutes? You alone? It's you don't have to be found in colts. I don't want you to be hasty with this decision.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: You're gonna get one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, that's a lot of money.
Speaker 1: You get it right away. You don't get paid out. There's just a boom right in a bank account. Okay, But there's a contingency every single day for the rest of your life. Do you teleport and get dropped into a random part of the ocean for five minutes every day?
Speaker 2: That's really inconvenient.
Speaker 1: Any part of the ocean, any ocean, any part of it.
Speaker 3: Okay, but serious question? Yeah, ah am I okay, because part of me is like am I in the middle of important meetings when it grabs me like how to explain to people.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you have one hundred million dollars, you can tell people what's going on.
Speaker 3: Oh, I guess I probably wouldn't have a job. I would just quit my job. Okay, sorry, bye bye. It's just cult in the afternoons.
Speaker 2: Okay. So yeah, I mean, I how could I say no if I'm eaten by a shark.
Speaker 3: I'm live in a crazy life until then you give the day.
Speaker 1: One And it's crazy that you think shark is the scariest one.
Speaker 3: Hundred million has just dropped into my account period boom. Then yeah, because my family would get it, and if that's the way I gotta go, that way to go.
Speaker 4: So dumb.
Speaker 2: No, it's not family. Oh my god, what's wrong.
Speaker 3: So you're saying you would say no and keep working this job for pennies, Well listen, just because you we were afraid maybe a jellyfish and sting.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, no, think about this.
Speaker 1: How sad would be every time you get dropped off or every time you like enter the portal to get dropped into the ocean, you got to say bye to your family that you don't know if you're coming back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be crazy. They would everyone get over it.
Speaker 3: Eventually, I just like, see uh, Jake, and I'd get to the point, like you know, a couple probably even kiss me goodbye anymore.
Speaker 2: It's like, see, I feel like I'm on a conference call.
Speaker 3: Can't can't say bye, I'll see you be quite.
Speaker 2: I'm on a conference call.
Speaker 1: I just feel like your family would prefer you over any amount of money.
Speaker 3: That's not true. You haven't met my family. My family would definitely prefer the money. Number one is such a sucker for you.
Speaker 2: I know him.
Speaker 4: He'd like, no a ney fallon.
Speaker 2: How much time do we have?
Speaker 4: We got some time?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna call him right now. He would let me go.
Speaker 1: Getting eaten by a shark is probably the least scary thing that could happen to you in the ocean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I feel like I could make some Hey, you're on the radio, don't cuss, You're right.
Speaker 2: Doesn't care about he sold you. He's just senting in that moment.
Speaker 4: So rude, busy. Wait, oh no, I can't hear you. I'm counting my money.
Speaker 1: It's like, dude, imagine you get dropped in like something off the coast of Antarctica.
Speaker 2: Though that was really I'm a really optimistic person.
Speaker 3: I'm always a glass half full, glass half full person. So I'm looking at like I'm making new friends. I'm making new discoveries in the ocean. I'm probably getting better at swimming, which is cool.
Speaker 4: Well, the cool thing too is for me. I also want to be worried about losing weight because the more fat I would have, the easier I would float, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I could use that tastier you would look to the creature. You got to think about that.
Speaker 3: Boy, Can I grab a noodle like a pool noodle each time I go? Because I'm worried about how if I can, like paddle for five straight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true. Could you would you be able to make it through rough waters?
Speaker 3: Even five minutes is like a long time when you're just like treading water.
Speaker 2: I'm not buoyant, my boobs are, but I'm not.
Speaker 4: Two three it's not even four seconds. That felt like forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're I'm drowning. Yeah, Sam, let's get the money so quick?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So you would do it or not? You didn't really answer.
Speaker 4: I think it would be too scary because you don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just too unpredictable, like what if they drop me off in the middle of like a pirate fight or something.
Speaker 4: I'm like you, and I.
Speaker 2: Could not be different.
Speaker 3: I am not someone who like makes crazy life choices.
Speaker 2: I'm not like irrational.
Speaker 3: However, I am a risk taker when it comes to stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I would not think about it like that.
Speaker 4: Like I give the worst case scenario.
Speaker 1: Imagine you get dropped off next to a polar bear floating on a piece of ice in the in the ocean.
Speaker 2: That's the risk you take. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'd rather bike to work.
Speaker 2: I feel like you do bike. You sponters the worst. I don't know. Polar bears are so cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I love how your husband he's not even tegst you back or anything.
Speaker 3: He looks he's not even reading my tip. It's not even on red, it's not worried. The phone on the car window to day it was like, screwer, I'm dumb. We're gonna come back with Today's trending on Katie W.
Speaker 8: Bllen Today's Trending with Felon and Colt on one Katie.
Speaker 3: W b Uh What Up is brought to you by nicolay Law dot Com. Uh Party City they're closing nationwide. The last ten Minnesota stores are going to disappear and they're only remaining open until the end of February.
Speaker 2: It's so sad.
Speaker 3: Now realistically, the main reason I still go to Party City balloons, Right, you need balloons for different events. I stop in there, I grab balloons. But it's a bummer. That's a bummer.
Speaker 1: Uh, welcome me to save Party City, like Flavor Flave sweep In, save Red Lobster.
Speaker 3: They they basically the like CEO said, it's really important for you to know that we've done everything possible we could to try to avoid this outcome. Unfortunately, it's necessary to commence, and when a wind down process immediately.
Speaker 1: So does just Amazon. Is that what it is? Is that how I been back? Meond like disappeared as well.
Speaker 3: Amazon's the reason a lot of businesses have disappeared.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean someone sent me a Christmas gift today and they were like long lived brick and mortar, and I was like, true, I mean I try to promote local things, but I also definitely post links for Amazon things I find because there is the convenience that goes along with it. But then you feel guilt It's an interesting world because you feel guilt. You want us to support brick and mortar stores, but let's be honest. A lot of time you go to a brick and mortar store and you're like, I know I can get this, not everything, but certain things cheaper on Amazon, and then you're toorn.
Speaker 2: You're guilt.
Speaker 3: You feel so guilty because you're like, I want to think about my own pocket, but I also want to support this local store. It's an interesting world we live in, but I'm going to guess yes, Amazon is probably the top reason Party City is going out of business.
Speaker 4: Do you know what store will never go out of business because it's just so unique.
Speaker 2: It depends on what you say, if I believe you or not?
Speaker 4: The General Store? Like, is it in Minnetonka? You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: That's great, dude, Yes, me an endorsement. I want free stuff. You have awesome things.
Speaker 3: Okay, Christmas, it's National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day, so some people will hate them, but if you love them, today is your day.
Speaker 2: Celebrate girl.
Speaker 3: I went and bought a bunch of pants today because I want to have matching like PJ.
Speaker 2: Pants with my family.
Speaker 4: Those are pajamas.
Speaker 2: No, no, I want to Yes, they're pajamas.
Speaker 4: The foundain pajamas.
Speaker 3: Today I was in leggings and I changed in these because I'm going on a Christmas lights tour with my neighbor later and you have to wear Christmas pajamas and I don't have time between my show and this Christmas light tour. Change should I change pajamas? You cut off the reason I'm talking about this. I bought matching pajama pants for my whole family, and when I got to work and put them on, I realized about men's pants, there's like the pea whole button.
Speaker 2: My pants not.
Speaker 3: As easy for me to have easy access. It's actually easier for me to pull them down for me to go. So I could I could? They say that today, Saturday and Sunday are the busiest shopping days of the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, duh, duh, get us.
Speaker 4: Why I went this morning at seven am?
Speaker 3: Speaking of we do have our Secret Santa Exchange coming up. We're gonna come back and we're gonna do our after school pop quiz and then our Secret Santa Exchange.
Speaker 2: Cold night. Each drew a name. We didn't say who we drew, but we could not.
Speaker 4: Draw ourselves the person I'm gifting, though, I hope you're not.
Speaker 2: Why you say your I hope they're not, don't spoil it. I don't know who drew my name.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying I didn't put effort into it.
Speaker 3: But the reason you're the in fact that you're even saying that tells me you didn't put.
Speaker 2: Effort into it. We'll find out, all right, we'll find out. We're gonna come back.
Speaker 3: Your chance when Creole Experience passes with our after School Pop Quiz and Secret Stanta Exchange on KATIEWB one oh one point three kd WB, our final after school pop Quiz of the Year, we'll come back in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll spruce it up.
Speaker 4: Probably won't spruce it up and juice it up.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 3: Your chance to win a pair of Crayle Experience passes over at Mall of America.
Speaker 2: You can call right now to play.
Speaker 3: We need two people six five, one, nine, eight nine KATIEWB. And what we do is we ask you trivia questions. Whoever gets the most out of three correct wins. And it's very exciting because it proves to your family and friends that you earned that college degree or didn't.
Speaker 2: By the way, I have a college degree and don't know if I would know.
Speaker 1: How of the answers, Well, there's a lot of pressure when you hear the music and it's like you're the magic against somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hi, katyw B. What's your name?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 2: This is Arian and all the Arian. It's been a minute. How are you?
Speaker 6: I was like, I'll try.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's your time, it's your try. Okay, Le describe your competitor, Hi, katw B. What's your name?
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 2: Lindsay Lindsay.
Speaker 3: Okay, we have Lindsay and Arian playing today. We're going to ask you trivia. If you know the answer, chime in with your name, and whoever gets the most correct out of three wins.
Speaker 2: Are you ready? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Question number one, what is James Bond's preferred drink of choice?
Speaker 2: Lindy, Yes, Lindsay, Martini. That's right. I don't know if I would have known that.
Speaker 3: Question number two, what is sour kraut made out of?
Speaker 2: Oh, Lindsay, Yes, Lindsay the cabbage.
Speaker 3: That's right, it's cabbage, just like that by default, Lindsay winds area and I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Thank you for playing.
Speaker 3: Lindsay you got a pair of Crayola Experience passes over at All of America. Congratulations, Wait, thank you, You're very welcome. We'll be back in the new year with more chances to win fun things over mall of America.
Speaker 2: We're gonna come back with our Secret standa Exchange on kd WB.
Speaker 3: One oh one point three kd WB with Balan and Culture. We play some Christmas music. Okay, So, about a month ago after Thanksgiving, we drew names for our first annual secretsta here on the Fallon and Colt Show. The rule was you couldn't draw your own name, you could not share what name you did draw, and the spending limit was five dollars. That's right, baby, five dollars. So the time has come, is it? Okay?
Speaker 2: If I go first?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, who did you get this? Here?
Speaker 2: I drew you cult No stop, I know, I know.
Speaker 4: I know you.
Speaker 1: You don't listen to the rules. You definitely spend over five dollars.
Speaker 2: No, I spent exactly five dollars.
Speaker 4: Guy, he's getting a dinner.
Speaker 3: And there might have been tax it might have been taxed, but I absolutely spent five dollars. Okay, okay, And there's a reason I was.
Speaker 4: So nicely wrapped.
Speaker 3: There's a reason I chose this. So one thing you said you were hoping to.
Speaker 2: Do more of.
Speaker 4: Oh no, this is thoughtful.
Speaker 2: Was you were saying, Okay, go ahead and open it.
Speaker 1: I just want to let everybody know the wrapping paper or the bag it's in probably costs more.
Speaker 4: Than five dollars. It's probably cost more than the gift.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: I regifted that back. That was a backup.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got you a book, no way, And because Colt said he wants to read more in twenty twenty five, and the book says stress free Productivity because you're always the thing I like about you cult is you're always like working hard to grow as a person and learn, and so I thought that might be helpful for you because I know you get stressed sometimes and we obviously have a really creative job. So I thought I saw stress Free Productivity book, and I thought this will be great for Colt. So anyway, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: Okay, this this is so thoughtful.
Speaker 2: Did you draw? Whose name did you draw?
Speaker 4: I got your name?
Speaker 2: Oh, I got your name? Okay, And.
Speaker 4: It's not wrapped.
Speaker 3: That's okay, because it was a five dollars limit. I'm not upset that it isn't wrapped.
Speaker 4: And I got you two gifts.
Speaker 1: Oh, because I know you like eye Coke and Reese's Peanut buttercups. I got you that just pulled out on my backpack. I know you like drinking DC's.
Speaker 2: And eating not even a cold diet coke? How long.
Speaker 1: Back since seven thirty this morning when I got out a target, you didn't even put it.
Speaker 2: In the fridge when you got to work. I do, uh, you know what I.
Speaker 3: Am focusing on being grateful you. I do love Reese's Cups. That is very thoughtful, and I do we both love d C's.
Speaker 1: Thank you cold because I know you just lot Yeah, you like the liquids.
Speaker 3: I will say my favorite candy is peanut butter m and MS, followed by Snickers than maybe twigs.
Speaker 1: But this book, but this is a very thoughtful book and I will be reading it over my break and hopefully you eat.
Speaker 4: You can enjoy that. The beverage and that treat.
Speaker 2: It was five dollars. It's hard to get creative.
Speaker 3: It's actually worse when it's when people try to like make a gift. I would way rather have to spend five dollars on a gift than.
Speaker 2: Make a gift.
Speaker 4: I probably could have put in some more effort.
Speaker 3: It does feel like you just went to the checkout lane, like you didn't even go into the store, like you quickly went in to the checkout light and just grabbed two things.
Speaker 1: But and also those two things, there's something I could have gotten out of the vending machine at work as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and honestly, it wouldn't have been five dollars now that I think about it. A single diet coke and a bottle and a Reces candy bar is about three dollars.
Speaker 2: So you did you?
Speaker 6: Hold on?
Speaker 2: Did you go under the limit when we owe me my dollar limit? Yeah? Yeah, you are oh cheap. I've never in my life been a cheaper person, Mary Chrysler. I mean, I still love it, but holy snike.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: All right, well I'm gonna try it next. You have have an opportunity to redeem myself next year. What God willing if I chose jobs next year? Well, I don't know if I'm gonna draw you next year. The book It's true.
Speaker 3: One oh one point three k d WB with Fallon and cult MABESTI just exchanged our secret Santa gifts and feel in Hi, but got a diet coke and Rece's seat of Reese's cups for the actually need snacks for the road later, so that'd be great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're welcome.
Speaker 1: I got a very nice book about relieving stress and.
Speaker 4: What was it about again? And productivity and productivity.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Come back and play our final round of radio s categories of the year. So when we come back on one O one point three k d w B one O one point three KTEWB with Fallon and cult and guess what we we begged? We pleaded, We said, please, as a Christmas miracle for the Twin Cities, would you come join our show? We said this to so I would would you? We would pull the microphone over. I feel like, would you consider.
Speaker 2: You're a talking I was wondering. I was like, something doesn't feel right.
Speaker 3: He's a microphone here at the radio station. Would you consider yourself a friend of the show at this point?
Speaker 9: I would consider myself a BFF A BFF ots Did I do that right?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think a best friend forever of the show. I so did get out of here? You did I concur So this is Dylan Michael White. Why do you say the middle name because it's.
Speaker 3: Annoying and I am major annoying my whole life, so I'm not gonna stop now.
Speaker 2: A lot of people know him. He has the internet.
Speaker 3: Fame of dad chats and on TikTok. But you are Dylan Michael White on Instagram.
Speaker 9: I am at the airport and we got home from our miserable road trip last week. That was actually a lot of fun. But my my son thin is really funny because he knows how much annoys me. He's six, call me daddy, which I I de spies.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure calls you that too.
Speaker 9: I do messages. And he was screaming in the airport. It's like five am. We haven't slept right and he's just screaming daddy, daddy, and everyone's like, what is going on. I'm like, we gotta find that kid's parent.
Speaker 2: Lose a child.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: This is one of the crazier things because they say when you go on vacation with kids, it's not vacation, it's a trip.
Speaker 2: You went across the country. Which how many children do you have? Four? Four children? And what are your ages?
Speaker 9: For a second, yeah, eight six two, and then like a borderline newborn for.
Speaker 2: Line new board and really fun.
Speaker 3: You had a great idea, you said, why would we fly back in a matter of four hours when we could.
Speaker 9: Here's the thing, we don't really ever go on vacation, so we were just really excited to be on there. It was really fun. But it always one of these I've noticed is especially with like multiple kids, it takes a couple of days to really get used to the fact that you're on vacation. Yes, so the first couple days end up being kind of stressful, right, and so once we get into the group like, oh my gosh, this is actually really fun, then you have to leave and you're like.
Speaker 2: Well that's no fun. Absolutely.
Speaker 9: That happened to coincide at the same time with Friday morning we're to fly out of Seattle, and both my two younger ones had fevers. Oh now, and like it just kind of looked like they were in pain. We put them on a plane for three and a half hours. That's gonna be miserable for everyone involved. So I had the really bright ideas in my dad mode to be like, what if we just drove.
Speaker 2: Sounds awful. Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 9: In theory, it sounded it sounded great to me at least because I hadn't done my research yet. So I hadn't done my research to figure out that not only was it a twenty four hour drive, but it turns out the drive from Seattle to Minnesota is like eighty percent mountains and it's December.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm comfortable.
Speaker 9: Driving in the snow here because I know that off to my right or left is not you know, a black hole cosm of sea and ocean potentially correct those roads from Seattle to we only made it to Montana before we were you know, caught in a Cornett McCarthy novel. But by the time that we like got to Montana, like those roads are you have no idea what's going on?
Speaker 2: It's pitch black. There's no lights right anywhere. No, why would we have a street light right now? That's crazy.
Speaker 9: The only lights you see when you're up in these mountains are the ones that are flashing that are like, don't be driving right now.
Speaker 2: You're like, well, it's too late if I see that kind of a guiding beacon now And actually.
Speaker 9: Told me this seven and a half hours ago, yeah, and it's so bad that there's there's highways there where they have you know, railroad crossings. Wait, where they have those things down, they will like close off highways. Oh great, like they'll close off.
Speaker 2: The mountain roads when it gets too bad.
Speaker 9: And I swear Suzanne didn't see this, but I could have sworn as we were driving on ninety at one point, like we passed one and I could swear after we passed it that it lowered, that for sure, but it looked it might have been a fever dream.
Speaker 3: I assume the road conditions were rough, but the children and everything easy, greasy, making it, making it peaceful.
Speaker 2: Actually, they did really well.
Speaker 9: Okay, that's good that the newborn, well I say newborn, he's five months. He did not do awesome because at a certain point he just was tired of being in his car seat. We end up taking we ended up taking us a six twenty red flight out of Billings, Montana.
Speaker 3: Because the final straw, yeah that you were like, we had we looked hire the car.
Speaker 2: We made it.
Speaker 9: We made it to Bozeman, and at that point we've been in the car for a combined probably fifteen hours.
Speaker 2: And if we're new Google maps. We traveled for five.
Speaker 9: So and then we heard that there was supposed to be an ice storm that was coming all through North Dakota in exact way that we were going. And already, like it's a twenty four hour drive if you're going to the average to be a limit of seventy miles per hour, we were going thirty maybe the entire way and taking one hundred and.
Speaker 2: Five bathroom breaks.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So it was basically we either we either fly out on like the last NonStop flight available, or we ended up getting stuck here until you.
Speaker 2: Know, Tuesday or Wednesday.
Speaker 9: In retrospect, I kind of wish we had just gotten stuck because my five month old has not slept since we got back because he was so thrown off I think all nighter. My other kids were just they were so feverishly uh not aware of what was going on. They were like hallucinating, and they were so fun that brings them entertainment at least.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were great.
Speaker 9: My two year old, I thought was going to have a miserable flight instead the whole time she just sat next to me in the flight back, just kept rubbing my arm and going, I love you, dada.
Speaker 2: Oh this nice. We're only taking red eye flights for the rest.
Speaker 4: Of yeah, silver lining.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised. I would have just gotten an apartment in Seattle and chess live there for yeah, for the winter and maybe come back.
Speaker 11: I would take that person would have squatted like you did last right, not on not on the.
Speaker 3: Ri radio obviously, or you're down and you're you're gonna play little radio categories with us when we come back, correct?
Speaker 2: Is it playing if you're guaranteed to win at this point? You know on this one is I'm not confident about anything in my life.
Speaker 4: So but this is it.
Speaker 3: We're gonna come back and play radios categories with dead chat still in Michael White obviously in five minutes on one O one point three k d W beats Rana Carpenter bed KEMP one O one point three k d W B with Fallon and cult and here we go.
Speaker 2: Michael Dad chats Onto.
Speaker 3: If you haven't, if you don't follow him, go to yourself a favor.
Speaker 2: Go follow him. He's a hilarious guy, has great stories.
Speaker 3: She's you share kind of little peaks into the world of being a parent without exposing your children. Me I'm selling photos left and right, endorsements of my chillen. That sounds weird. That's not what I meant, you know what I'm saying, Like, there's with my kids radio now, Yeah it is. That's that's lives forever.
Speaker 2: I've learned.
Speaker 3: But we are going to do radio s categories cult, it's been a host today?
Speaker 2: Are we doing a theme going on? I see you again? Yeah?
Speaker 1: This is this is a risk a Christmas theme categories.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means. I don't know that he agreed that.
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: He's a pretty PG.
Speaker 4: It's not super ritten.
Speaker 2: The fifth.
Speaker 4: All of them good, they're fun, they're cheeky.
Speaker 2: Oh so blue have you to say?
Speaker 9: Okay, I don't think cheeky and risk that we're supposed to go in the same paragraph.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's something Bond told me. Actually, listen, I think d m up should go first.
Speaker 2: You goname, Chalice, go one.
Speaker 1: Nobody loves you? Okay, Lee, Okay, So we have ten categories. Your letter today is b Okay, you have a minute to roll through these and your time starts now. Awkward gifts to get from your boss, birthday suits, inappropriate things to wear at a Christmas party?
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh a banana hammock.
Speaker 4: Oh My, things you regret saying to.
Speaker 1: Santa Bye Felicia, risk a Christmas songs, Uh baby got back? Dang, Awkward family moments during the Holly Days, risk gifts that shouldn't be regifted, balloons, things that could have ruined Christmas morning, bad presence, naughty things on Santa's list, bikinis, embarrassing holiday party stories.
Speaker 2: Blue and alcohol level above normal all.
Speaker 4: Right, and things that might happen under the mistletoe.
Speaker 2: Chicken.
Speaker 4: Wo wow, dang, that was crazy. That was why.
Speaker 11: I don't know how you're gonna spell that last one. But I don't even know about that that I will say.
Speaker 1: And you don't even need any more confidence because you just crushed any every time you come in here.
Speaker 4: It that might be the best round. Wow, I haven't part of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, I have that on tape. You do.
Speaker 1: We'll see how Fallon does next in six minutes with radios categories.
Speaker 3: One on one point three k d w B with Fallon and Cult and our special guests are Bestie of the show, Dad chats on TikTok.
Speaker 2: I'll just call you Dylan.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's a little confusing about that? Is my stepson's name is Dylan, so I have to be very clear.
Speaker 2: You are not my step son. My middle name is Fallon.
Speaker 9: Actually, oh my god, oh I've heard that it's actually Dylan Michael Fallon White.
Speaker 2: That's a long name, and I'm your parents are ridiculous. Okay. I heard a lot of celebrations happening when you had your first on radios category I'm not good, I feel good? Yeah, what was it? You said?
Speaker 1: The best you've ever We've done a lot of these, and I think that was the best round I've ever experienced in hosting. And I don't even know if you should try that's real.
Speaker 3: I think it's rude before the holidays, tell me not to try number one.
Speaker 2: Number two.
Speaker 3: I would like to make a request because there's something that you've been doing lately.
Speaker 2: Oh no, let's hear it.
Speaker 3: He spends too long reacting to an answer and figuring out what the next question is, and he.
Speaker 2: Wastes my time strategy against me. I pay him good money for that coffee shout out.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you he did dylim to bring his coffees today? I have had a coffee, a diet coke, and now a coffee I haven't had a sip of water.
Speaker 2: My body is shut down, my body is not well. I'm not prepared for this round at all. A cough around our guest he has four children.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. You have a minute to roll through these ten categories. Your letter is B and your time starts now. Awkward gifts to get from your boss BB gun, inappropriate things.
Speaker 2: To wear to a Christmas party, ballgag.
Speaker 4: Things you to regret saying to Santa.
Speaker 2: Uh, be better?
Speaker 4: Whoa risk a Christmas songs?
Speaker 3: Blue Chris, No, that's not what risk a Christmas songs? Yep, baby is called outside go.
Speaker 4: Awkward family moments during the holidays.
Speaker 2: Brother brothers, Nope, skip.
Speaker 4: I don't know all right.
Speaker 2: Number six gifts, Yeah, we'll do that one.
Speaker 10: Gifts that shouldn't be regifted A belly ring, things that could ruin Christmas morning, bad attitudes.
Speaker 4: Oh, naughty things on Santa's list.
Speaker 3: Oh, so uncomfortable. I don't know what to say.
Speaker 2: Skip.
Speaker 4: Embarrassing holiday party stories.
Speaker 2: Brad groped me.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, things that might happen under the missiletee.
Speaker 3: Brad, I know, I don't know. I'm so uncomfortable with that one.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to number eight naughty things on Santa's list. You have five seconds.
Speaker 2: You got this.
Speaker 3: I can't say it, just say it whispread, can't say it, sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can't give me that you said it all right? Well, well, the gutter answers were so good.
Speaker 11: I'm in the you were dominating that first half, and then you got uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Because I'm gonna be honest with you. You have such a wholesome vibe to you on the TikTok and I am the exact I'm the trailer version of you, and I don't feel like it could be my true Phil Sell.
Speaker 2: You might have still the theme songs. That's no see, I was gonna go inappropriate to.
Speaker 3: Get I was gonna say that's the song I lost.
Speaker 2: That's too far, but it'd be funny, right and I.
Speaker 4: Joe be awesome. Yeah, sounds a good time.
Speaker 1: Okay, We're gonna go through these Dylan awkward gifts to get from your boss. You said birthday suits, all said inappropriate things to wear to a Christmas party. Don't said banana hammock balon, had ballgag things you'd regret saying to Santa. Dylan had a Felicia, Oh day no, be better was so good? Thank you better?
Speaker 4: Two points for falling like you other than this point.
Speaker 2: That you're gonna be like thirty did you give me bb guns two points? Thank you so much?
Speaker 1: Need Oh is it two points you think about? I guess that does make sense because the period be.
Speaker 2: That was so good. God offs here.
Speaker 1: I think, Yeah, awkward family moments during the holidays.
Speaker 2: Now, what did you say? You said?
Speaker 9: Brisk? Yeah, like brisk. You're just having a brisk during the holidays.
Speaker 4: I'll accept it.
Speaker 2: Do you know what that is? Caled Nope, I didn't think you did. I didn't think you did. His reaction when I said it was like, yeah, you said brother is kissing?
Speaker 4: Or what did you?
Speaker 3: I never said, but you did start with brothers.
Speaker 2: If you had said brothers burping, that would have been great.
Speaker 4: That's why he's beating you.
Speaker 2: Shut up. I'm sorry. I'm losing up to this point, she's beating me by I think, don't worry.
Speaker 1: It's her gifts that shouldn't be regifted. Dylan balloons fallin belly ring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's also good.
Speaker 4: Dirty so dirty things that could ruin Christmas morning, we had bad presence for Dylan, bad attitude for fallin.
Speaker 2: If it would have been you the way I have a feeling, if it.
Speaker 3: Would have been you, I would have said uncle Eddie, because he did ruin one of our Christmases when he got too drunk and my mom had to pick him up before my aunt Kathy called the police on him and we had to be quiet when we opened presents in the morning.
Speaker 2: She just got arrested. A lot of family stories.
Speaker 3: Here, tell me about Brad's actually worse than mine.
Speaker 1: Naughty things on Santa's List, Dylan, you had bikini love.
Speaker 10: It Balance Journey, Sanna, What were you going to say you had something.
Speaker 2: You were on I'm absolutely never gonna say it on the radio.
Speaker 9: Math No, I'll tell everyone, never ever say those word.
Speaker 1: Everything you're saying cannot be as bad as what you're gonna say for.
Speaker 4: This, go on, okay.
Speaker 1: Number nine, it was really bad embarrassing holiday party stories. Dylan had blowing above the alcohol limit. Fallon, You had Brad broke me.
Speaker 11: That was cool, Move on, he's an old coworker.
Speaker 1: Number ten, things that might happen under the missiletoe about to.
Speaker 4: Go wow and fallen. You had big old.
Speaker 3: Nothing that feels like it didn't need to be worded that way.
Speaker 4: Now it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I think tie I did not win. I know that.
Speaker 1: I mean, if if we were going so I believe anything, Look, if the tiebreaker was who spent the least amount of time, it would go to you.
Speaker 4: But I don't think that's a rule. So it's a tie nine to nine.
Speaker 2: Does that mean we need a lightning ROUNDE?
Speaker 3: That means I get to we get to have an arm wrestling situation, and I get.
Speaker 2: To this is radio, right, I forget what I do for a living.
Speaker 3: Yes, No, I think it is by default I win because it's just ladies.
Speaker 11: First, Okay, I support that, all right. I'm on board that you can see.
Speaker 4: Then you congratulations if you can accept that win.
Speaker 3: I'm the worst loser and I'd be even worst winner.
Speaker 8: So it's the pop Culture Minute with Sellon and.
Speaker 2: Cult On one on one point three d w B.
Speaker 3: I Love a Tiny Desk performance, by the way, brought to you by Ovo Lasik and lynz So Sabredda Carpenter is the final little Tiny Desk performance of the year.
Speaker 2: Perfect choice the tiniest outfit.
Speaker 3: As the first comment said on the post, this is not a tiny.
Speaker 2: Desk for her.
Speaker 3: This is just a regular sized desk because she's a tiny person.
Speaker 2: You see so good. Here's a clip of her performance. Well, I'm working because I'm mis singer. Oh it looks so cute and not twisted. I'm gonna laugh so often. And oh my, get this ball.
Speaker 9: And I.
Speaker 2: Walked in and drinking so good. It's so good.
Speaker 4: I didn't know the song could get even better.
Speaker 3: It is super good. I made the comment earlier. I happened upon the DOCI Small Desk. The only song I know from DOCI is well, Moly Jel Wilson right, and I'll.
Speaker 2: Be honest that song I got, I got.
Speaker 3: I got sick of it. I got sick of the Guy's a great song, but I got sick of it. I could not even play one second of the dough Chi Small Desk.
Speaker 2: It is so adult, it is so good.
Speaker 3: It is so I had no idea even like Kendrick, He's like she goes she's like the hardest out there in the game right now. So like, if you get a chance to check it out, it was it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: The level of confidence too, just like, oh my god, you believe every word You're saying that's crazy.
Speaker 4: She's so good.
Speaker 3: I always thought I was a fast talker. I don't think I could do it. I think i'd stumble on some words there.
Speaker 4: I think I'll be surprised.
Speaker 2: Should I try? Should I try to be like a legit rapper?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Too, so so much usually say such hertful things. You're really Oh you're looking for more Christmas presents? Okay, not happening.
Speaker 2: John Mayer proves he is rich.
Speaker 3: He officially purchased the Jim Henson Studio a lot for.
Speaker 2: Over forty millie millie.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: The thing is like they have a recording studio on there. That's what he's like taken over. But he is still gonna like hopefully keep the staff there, keep things very much the same. That's a huge recording studio. That's like where though we are the world that came together, so very well known studio. Kelly Clarkson throwing some shade at her acts. I remember her ex Brandon not a chill guy. He is he was, he's not do He did not treat her well. So she's promoting her new Christmas album. She puts out like a little companion video and it has stockings hung by the chimney with her name Mom, her kid's name River, how other kid Remy and then just a.
Speaker 2: Nope, nope, maybe a laugh. It's like it's like a little shade there. I support it.
Speaker 4: Did you know?
Speaker 1: Oh dude, what she gives him forty five thousand dollars a month in child support?
Speaker 2: Oh, child sport.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say the spousal support ended in January.
Speaker 2: You can't do on top of the child sport.
Speaker 3: But she did get like the Montana home, but that she didn't dude, trust me. Remember this is the guy that was like, you should not try out for their voice, you're not hot enough.
Speaker 2: And on the voice, he's a garbage person.
Speaker 3: Rihanna is proving that she is bougie but also just like a regular soccer mom. She's introduced a hot new snack which I'm going to introduce to Dad Chats because I think that he and Mom Chats should because they do snacks when they share their videos on TikTok. It is chicken McNuggets with caviar, and so it is a perfect little like bougie but soccer mom snack, and she's saying it's great. So I'm just throwing it out there at the next soccer game, you guys can try that out. And how much money did comedian Nikki Glazer spend going to twenty two of the Era's tour shows.
Speaker 4: Now, I know she's balling, but this number threw me up.
Speaker 3: But she said, you know, she said, she goes. I don't have kids. I spend the money on what I want.
Speaker 2: I'm like, absolutely one.
Speaker 3: Hundred thousand dollars that includes travel expenses twenty two shows. It's like, okay, I'm like Taylor, Taylor not throw her. Maybe Taylor to give.
Speaker 2: And here's what.
Speaker 3: There's no way Taylor gave her free tickets though, because she was sitting amongst US commoners like she was at one of the Minneapolis shows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like you almost.
Speaker 1: I know you can't buy friendship, but at some point it's like Taylor has to go to dinner with her.
Speaker 4: I mean, I just like that much.
Speaker 2: Ride or die like you gotta.
Speaker 3: I think Taylor kis wine or something there. I don't think shows at all, right.
Speaker 2: I don't think she owns owes like a low coffee sash either.
Speaker 3: So that is your pop culture minute, Like I said, brought to you by Ovo Lesigan Lenz, Oh my God, Sabranda Carpenter in the Flesh.
Speaker 2: We're gonna come back.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do a little Christmas karaoke. Roulette's should be terrible one on one point three k d w B with Fallon and Cult. Oh little Christmas song. Okay, so we thought we would do just something, a little unhinged Christmas karaoke Roulette. Uh, this is where we will draw a random Christmas song, a very well known song that you know and we know, but we have to sing it in a different genre.
Speaker 4: So we have different instrumentals from different genres.
Speaker 2: So I will draw. I guess first.
Speaker 4: Okay, you draw first.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I drew the song Silent Night. Okay, genre, I know that, but I'm actually worried. I'm gonna pull up the lyrics really quick because I'm afraid that like land Night and okay, got it and then my great yeah metal, I can't do this in my throat right before the holidays.
Speaker 11: Okay, all right, okay, okay, let's see if you let's see you got this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Silent Holy not all? Is call all this right? Brown, Your Virgin Mother with child, Sleep Heaven, the books Sleep Heaven the books. I'm done.
Speaker 11: Good wait good, Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: That was wild, the perfect song for it.
Speaker 3: But now my voice is racked, racked. Oh my god, try and top it. Boy, what's okay? You gotta draw a song.
Speaker 4: Santa Claus is coming to town.
Speaker 2: Oh, tell me more about Jolly l Satan Nick.
Speaker 4: Let me transition to this from her.
Speaker 2: Wow, I've never felt hardcore. I used to.
Speaker 3: You know, I went through a hardcore face right now in your trains.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have a rap rap rap genre, rap rap. Santa Claus is coming to town.
Speaker 2: That's easy.
Speaker 4: Are you sure with your flow?
Speaker 1: Oh dude, okay, Oh, oh dang, you better watch out.
Speaker 4: You better not cry. You're better not pout.
Speaker 1: Telling you why Santa Claus is coming to town. Santa Claus is coming to town, Skirt, he's making a lit checking it twice.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna find out who's naughty. Your nurse.
Speaker 1: Santa Claus is coming to town. Oh, Santa Claus is coming to town. Skirt sees you when you're sleeping, He knows when you're away, creepy.
Speaker 2: He knows if you've been better good, so be good for goodness? Say, Oh.
Speaker 1: Dude, I think we're too good at this. I think we're honestly, we.
Speaker 2: Haven't leave like hour the show. We're not getting better.
Speaker 1: You're welcome listening. Yeah, okay, can I give you a random one?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, wait, you're assigning me. No, I think I think we gotta go out on the high note. Okay, I honestly don't think we should do more. Because I think we should go out on the high note.
Speaker 4: I kind of sort of agree. Wanted you to do.
Speaker 1: What a country one because you're from Indiana, paying homage to your hometown.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's going to be better.
Speaker 3: You don't think, so I guess I can try it, and then we have to all agree as a group that I ruined it.
Speaker 2: No that if it's bad, we just act like it didn't happen.
Speaker 3: You get you get the men in Black like Little Memory and Remover. Okay, okay, So I got Frosty the Snowman my lyric.
Speaker 2: This is the country chose.
Speaker 3: I'll see the tho Man with Dolly Happy so with a corncob five and button nos new as.
Speaker 2: Made out of Koyah ROSSI. The Snoeman is the very tail they say he was made us. No but did you know how it came to life? One day? Boom boom boom boom booth.
Speaker 3: It must have been some magic in Thatles Catholic found, for when they placed it on his head, he began to jump around. Oh here we go, dose it oro in then so good?
Speaker 2: Okay, good, yeah, all right?
Speaker 3: Oh wishka Merry Christmas is her favorite remix of all time. It's not Jess Mariah, get ready.
Speaker 2: Wait for it. You thought we were good? That gets the surprise surprise, Oh so you Oh let me can't you?
Speaker 8: Whe me roll?
Speaker 2: Let me think?
Speaker 3: That's old your body, Superman.
Speaker 7: That's all I'm cranking it right, That's all right, that's all right, that's all so.
Speaker 2: Blend me, frank you white me wrong? Let me thank that's old the body Superman.
Speaker 4: It's been a minute since we've done this fallon, I.
Speaker 2: Know, and I'm not not very well prepared. What you've been thinking.
Speaker 10: Too?
Speaker 4: Penguins? How can you be so feathery but slippery at the same time, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, they're just like on snow and they're not like really slipping or pulling.
Speaker 4: Well, you see them all the time. They just flop down on their belly and they just go, yeah, they do. And how do you get so fast in the water when you don't even have like fins? Have you seen a penguin dive underwater?
Speaker 2: They're fast, so agile.
Speaker 4: And they mate for life. That's a real one.
Speaker 3: Name another species that does, and don't say humans.
Speaker 1: And if you think you're progressive, dude, dad, he's holding that egg the entire time. Mom just playing mom does barely any work.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest, Well, there's one species for that's the case.
Speaker 4: Don't even I Mom's basically going out to bars.
Speaker 2: I saw one penguin. I saw one penguin.
Speaker 1: Mom was just like chain smoking and the dad's like they're shivering, keeping the the egg nice and warm.
Speaker 4: She's like, got a bottle of Jack Daniels.
Speaker 2: She's like, I'm staying warm with Jack all day.
Speaker 4: He's crying in the corner.
Speaker 2: What kind of weird things do you watch on TikTok? My god, who jumps on her belly slides away? It's crazy.
Speaker 4: They're in and out.
Speaker 2: Cask you a serious question.
Speaker 4: It's up.
Speaker 3: Why is breakfast food just like breakfast food? Because I don't like look at like, for instance, you can have steak in the morning and it's not like dinner food. But then if I say I'm having pancakes for dinner, people are like, what, that's weird? Why why is that weird? Why can't I Why.
Speaker 2: Does it have to be just at breakfast? I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why are we Why are we keeping things limited in categories?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry?
Speaker 1: You know what, this is a great question because my toddler just asked me why can't I have a mini ice cream at seven am?
Speaker 4: I was like, are you gonna have it later? She's like why later? Why not now?
Speaker 3: And then you probably gave her pancakes and syrup and you were like, because of the sugar.
Speaker 2: They know six It's exactly why.
Speaker 3: This is something Jake and I've talked about so many times, how like kids love to eat just the icing on the cupcake.
Speaker 2: And you'd be like, hey, you gotta eat the rest of that cupcake, not just the icing. Why why it's all just sugar? So what you've been thinking again?
Speaker 4: Sometimes I forget as an adult you can literally do whatever you want, Like let's say right now, well, lost, I mean like right now I smoke or my gi lad, Yeah, my ancestors coming down from the trailer party.
Speaker 2: Your ancestral might as well.
Speaker 4: Be good lord.
Speaker 1: Real though, I if I wanted to, I could stand up on this desk. Let's come go over to your side.
Speaker 2: Bro, take a minute off the pipe. My cop is insane.
Speaker 4: Steal your DC.
Speaker 5: You gave me that DC for my Christmas present? Is this all is attractic to steal what you gave me? Okay, take a break, take a breather.
Speaker 4: Why do we so what you've been thinking?
Speaker 2: Why do we bake cookies? But we cook bake?
Speaker 4: It's so dumb we paid cooking.
Speaker 2: We cook bacon?
Speaker 4: Oh my god? Yeah? Did bacon get his name because they're bacon?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's wait a minute, hold on, stop, was somebody just.
Speaker 4: Like, hey, is that meat done? Is bacon?
Speaker 9: Is that?
Speaker 2: Is that how bacon got its name? Help me right now?
Speaker 8: What do you know?
Speaker 2: That makes so much sense?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: You know I was thinking about this too, So what you've been thinking? Our words are crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like never mind? Is this because like never you don't mind? Don't mind that? Like never mind?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Isn't that wild?
Speaker 3: Some things are so obvious and some things are so difficult. Yeah, time for the one K wordplay. If you'd like to call in, you can now to play six five, one, nine eight nine Katie w B your chance to win one thousand pennies.
Speaker 8: You're just one on one point three Katie WB with ballon and Cult and as Cult has dubbed her, Hannah Banana with one K wordplay, your chance to win one thousand pennies.
Speaker 3: Now it's Friday, it's five point fifteen, Hanna, are you off work?
Speaker 2: Are you on vacation?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 6: I am here?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, doesn't that feel so good? Yes?
Speaker 3: I love it?
Speaker 2: Good for you.
Speaker 3: Okay, So, Hannah, it's your chance to win one thousand pennies. You have to decide if you want to play with Cult or me today. It's who you think you would match better with.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm loving Colts chaotic energy, so I'm gonna have to go with him. Oh my gosh, I love this.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on one second, he's going to leave the room. Okay, So I'm going to give you four words. You can't give me the first word that comes to mind, and then we'll see if he matches you. Okay, okay, okay, hold on one second. Your first word is cup like something you drink.
Speaker 2: Out of cup, cup red. Okay. Your second word is sausage sausage link, all right. Your third word is brownie mix mix.
Speaker 3: Oh, these are good, okay. And your final word is I'm gonna be Christmas.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm gonna have to do Christmas Carol. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Okay, cold Colt's gonna come back in. We're gonna see if he can match, if he matches all four words with you, my my first My guess is your final word will be his most difficult one to match, but we'll see.
Speaker 6: All right, I'm hoping to buy there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, you're sorry, you're thank you. First word for you cult.
Speaker 4: Is cup, coup coup cup, Let's see.
Speaker 2: Okay comes your mind. Look you're taking a while cup like a red yep. Oh my god, it is no way.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: Look, we got a couple of boozehounds in the room. Here, okay, here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Your next word is sausage.
Speaker 4: Now I want to say party, but I know that's just me sausage. You gotta go sausage links, right, Okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got two more.
Speaker 3: You are two questions away from a thousand Pennies. Okay, come on, this number three is Brownie.
Speaker 4: Pop Brownie Brownie dude. Oh sorry, I'm just thinking out loud mix. All right, what's the last one?
Speaker 3: Your final word? And it's the one I said I thought would be the most difficult to watch.
Speaker 2: He's just gonna get it.
Speaker 1: Christmas, Christmas, Christmas. The obvious answer, it's tree. But I don't think you're I don't think you're obvious, Hannah. I don't think you're obvious.
Speaker 2: And you can't say anything.
Speaker 4: Christmas. What are you doing? Christmas carols? Christmas carols?
Speaker 2: Yes, let's go.
Speaker 7: No, my sister from another mister, I want it away, but I want to give you the benny.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of.
Speaker 8: Chris.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 2: Today's trending with Felon and cold on one on.
Speaker 9: W B.
Speaker 2: Not to be the bearer of bad news.
Speaker 3: But they're closed in all the party cities, like everywhere, even the ones here in the Twin Cities.
Speaker 2: There are like ten locations.
Speaker 3: They said they basically tried everything, and it's just it's they couldn't save it. And it makes fairly sad because Party city it's like a it's like a blockbuster. It's an establishment that's been around forever. You go in, you pick out your balloons or your decor. And I know, obviously it's probably places like Amazon that are the reason they are closing.
Speaker 1: But it's gonna be like family video, dude, it's just all gonna go away. We're just gonna be now, We're gonna have to leave the house.
Speaker 3: I think there's actually one family video left in like Robbinsdale.
Speaker 2: Am not kidding. It's yeah, I need to go unless it's close now. But I mean it was so recently. Yes, it was very cool. Other things. First of all, I don't know if you realize this very cool.
Speaker 3: This is like the first time in a long time that Chrismas some Hankah fall in the same day, and I think that only happens now. I know there are eight days of Hanukkah, but like the main day, I think the last day, right is like the day that that falls on Christmas.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely worthy. I don't know you're telling me, but it only happens like every fifteen years. That happens.
Speaker 4: So what are we going to celebrate?
Speaker 1: Like, are people who celebrate Hankah and Christmas going to come together and do like trades's on gifts or something, or do you do you get gifts on hankah tea?
Speaker 4: These things?
Speaker 2: Well, so my understanding.
Speaker 3: Obviously I'm not Jewish, so I don't want to speak on behalf of the Jewish community. But my husband's family is Jewish like his father's side, and so I think a lot of people do choose to do it different ways. Some people will do one gift each night for the eight nights. Some people do them all like the first night, some do them.
Speaker 2: All the final night.
Speaker 3: So I think every person chooses. So I don't think there will be like any trade seas Christmas.
Speaker 1: But I want to know if somebody got like a katana or something I could like trade for. I don't know, like a babe blader. I don't know what I'm going to give.
Speaker 3: Weird question, weird question, I don't have the answer for you. Also, today is National Ugly Christmas Sweaturday. Okay, crazy, so true, but all right, they do say this Saturday, by the way, Super Saturday. It's like basically the busiest day shopping behind Black Friday of the year. But ye, at this point there's no avoiding it. Every day until Christmas is the busiest shopping days of the year. So if you wait until this moment sending blessings.
Speaker 4: Your way could have gotten up with seven thirty. Look I didn't. What's the target?
Speaker 8: That is?
Speaker 3: Your trending gets brought to you by nicolay Law dot com. Arguably everyone's favorite Christmas song, today's deep dive is on All I Want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey on Katie w B. This Motown flavored song has a simple message to Mariah, She's not concerned about all the paraphernalia of Christmas.
Speaker 2: She just wants to be with her man.
Speaker 3: All I Went for Christmas As You was co written and produced by Mariah Carey and Walter Afanasi, who started off as Whitney Houston's arranger and has co produced and co written many of Carrie's hits, including One Sweet Day.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 3: He also won a Grammy in ninety nine for co producing Celine Dion's They wrote this song in the summer of nineteen ninety four, with him coming up with the musical ideas on piano and she developed the melody and the lyrics. They were setting out to write an up tempo Christmas track in the style of Phil Spector's girl group productions of the sixties.
Speaker 2: They achieved their.
Speaker 3: Goal creating a very fun and memorable song, but he worried it was too basic. He said, it's a very simple arrangement. In fact, it's so simple that at the time I thought it was overly simple, and I.
Speaker 2: Really didn't like it. Music people know, it's kind of like a press interval.
Speaker 3: So keeping that tradition and then the oversimplified melody, I guess it actually made it so easily palatable for the whole world to go, oh, I can't get that out of my head. In her twenty twenty memoir The Meaning of Mariah Carey, she recalled being in love with the idea of Christmas as a child, but year after year the holiday was ruined by family members who couldn't keep the peace for even one day. Still, she conjured the image of a perfect Christmas in her mind and revisited it when she began to write this song. She said, it was from my little girl's spirit and those early fantasies a family and friendship that I wrote this song. The delicate chimes that begin the song are reminiscent of those little wooden toy pianos like the one from Peanuts. She said, I actually did bang out most of the song on a cheap little cassio keyboard. But it's the feeling I wanted the song to capture. There's a sweetness, a clarity, and a purity to it. This song came from a childlike space. I wrote it when I was twenty two years old, so I wasn't that far away from being a child. Carrie hits a lot of Christmas cliches and the lyrics, including Mistletoe, Santa, Reindeer, and the North Pole, but the song's co writer said she created a lyric probably to this day, is the only up tempo Christmas love song. I think people like this positive love song because it's interchangeable. Anybody can sing it to anybody. It's about everybody, and it can only mean one thing, from father to child, or mother to child, or wife to husband.
Speaker 2: It's just all I want for Christmas?
Speaker 4: Is you.
Speaker 3: The interesting thing about this song is it's gotten more and more popular over the years, and in twenty ten it found a whole new audience when a version by Big Time Rush made number one twenty four on the charts. The Merry Christmas album sold three million copies by the end of ninety four. It was certified at five million in two thousand and three, and it makes it one of the best selling Christmas one oh.
Speaker 2: One point three KDWB with Salin and Coult. That's it. I'm leaving.
Speaker 3: It's Friday, baby, I'm heading out doing a little Christmas light viewing.
Speaker 4: You're done.
Speaker 3: Our neighbors invited us to go, like in a cool bus and go check out Christmas lights. So anyway, h Happy Christmas, Happy Holidays, love you, and uh don't forget over this holiday break can lists listen to all of our previous podcast episodes.
Speaker 2: We'd appreciate. It's a new and improved iHeartRadio app and it's free.
Speaker 4: I have a blessed vacation, Balin.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.