Speaker 1: Something you should go. Something you should know is brought to you by genesisgoldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Excited to have a guest join us in the studio. We have Thomas Warner with Dragon Spirit Martial Arts and we had him in the studio last week and we're going to talk to him now about the same event we talked to him about. Then it's an event that's happening tomorrow. It's a free event tomorrow at his new facility on the T at Harrisburg Exit. What do you think of that new facility. It's pretty nice, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Loving it. It's a lot of work putting together a new place, but it's coming along nicely and plenty of room to grow, plenty of room for new students.
Speaker 1: That is awesome. So let's talk about Dragon Spirit Martial Arts first, and then we're going to chat about the event that's coming up. What are the different things you guys do, because you do more than one thing, but what are the things that you guys cover at your particular facility.
Speaker 2: Yep, so right now Monday, wednes Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, we do takekwondo. I've also got a kickboxing class. So if you're not into earning your black belt and things like that, but you want a good workout and you want to learn all the techniques, you can do that. And then I also have a preschool program that I do on Saturdays to where your preschooler can learn different balance and agility and everything else to get them started down that path.
Speaker 1: I love that. And again, this is not a new business. You've been around a bit, but you're in a new location and it's on the Harrisburg and T exit. Is that how you say that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep. It's just right off of exit seventy one. Okay, just to the west of block and the north of block.
Speaker 1: Very good and again I'm excited to come out and check it out. I saw some photos on the internet and it looks.
Speaker 2: It looks great. Yeah, yeah, it's great. Moved in some other equipment even today.
Speaker 1: Nice. So let's talk about the free event that's coming up tomorrow. Yeah, free event. Their ears just perked up. Tell me a little bit about this free event that's happening at Dragon Spirit Martial Arts tomorrow.
Speaker 2: So Saturday the sixteenth, I'm doing a self defense seminar that is geared towards women and teen girls. It's called in Power Hurt. This is not something new that I've done. I've taught different various self defense courses over the years for Lift and Uber and all of different organizations, and this is really going to be very impactful. It's a ninety minute seminar that goes by really really fast, and you learn different de escalation, how to spot bad situations. We'll do some different hands on drills, just a wide range of things.
Speaker 1: Again, this is coming out tomorrow from ten am to eleven thirty am, and it is free and is this open to just people in Sioux Falls or anybody from anywhere who can actually come to this event.
Speaker 2: Anybody can come to it. We do have the event on Facebook that has the address and everything like that, and.
Speaker 1: We'll share that to make that even easier.
Speaker 2: Yeap, No pre registration is necessary to show up. Bring wear some comfortable workout clothing and bring a water bottle. Open mind.
Speaker 1: There you go again. It's coming up Saturday, and this is for women and for teenage girls and empower her. I love that, and you've done this in the past, but this is the first time in the new facility.
Speaker 2: Yes, yep, this is probably my eighth time doing this summer. I remember right again.
Speaker 1: That is happening tomorrow from ten am to eleven thirty am at Dragon Spirit Martial Arts. And that's on the T exit and the Harrisburg exit. Did you see exit number seventy one?
Speaker 2: Is that right? Yes?
Speaker 1: So see, I know where it is. I just don't know how to tell people where it is. So we'll get them there. And the nice thing is I'll share that Facebook event to make it really really easy. And if people are interested in Dragon Spirit Martial Arts, you guys have a social media that they can follow as well.
Speaker 2: Yep. The easiest thing to do is just find us on Facebook search Dragon Spirit Martial Arts. We'll pop right up and it's got all of our contact links, a lot of pictures, and a great range to check it out. Come in for freeach trial. Nice, bring your kiddos with. We do have family discounts so the whole family can work out, and we do have a lot of families that'll that'll come in to where they'll start the kids and then the adults get into it too.
Speaker 1: That is awesome. I love that and the thing to see you guys you know what you're doing. You got some national champions in your in your place, which is really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do. We had two athletes go to Salt Lake City this year. They both came back gold medalist and we're looking we're already training and planning for next year, which is going to be in Tampa.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. So if there's somebody listening going, hey, I want to I want to live the Cobra high lifestyle. I want to live the Karate Kid because again, that's the first thing that comes to my mind, and I know it's probably a lot different than that, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Well, And that's actually what got me into martial arts, is it? Really? The original Karate Kid movie back in the eighties is what got me in. And that's what got me into the first dojo. And it was a lot different back then. We were doing you know, bare knuckle push ups on Minnesota Avenue, on the on the sidewalks and everything to try to bring more people in and it was a different experience.
Speaker 1: You had creased teaching.
Speaker 2: It sounds like it was close.
Speaker 1: It was no Miagi, there was there no Well, if somebody listening has interest in joining the group tomorrow again it's a free class for young ladies and young women and if you would like to join them, it is at Dragon Spirit Martial Arts. I've got a link to all of the information on our Facebook page. It's ten am to eleven thirty am tomorrow and again all the details at Facebook dot com. Slash Sunny Radio and Something you Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldra dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Get a free Gold and Silver guide now at Genesisgoldra dot com