Speaker 1: Today, I want to tell you about a journey that I've been on for most of my life. Ever since I was a kid, I've heard tales of bigfoot and wild men while spending time with my friends and family. As I grew older and read more about the paranormal, my interest in encryptids and other things strange only deepened. That's why I'm so excited to share with you what I've personally become involved with the Untold Radio Network. The Untold Radio Network is a live streaming podcast network that airs a new show every day across all podcast platforms, YouTube, and more. They have eight different shows on all sorts of exciting topics such as bigfoot, cryptids, UFOs, aliens, and much more. I even have my own show called Weird Encounters, where I talk about all things strange. This is more than just a podcast network. It's a community that allows me to meet so many amazing people who share their stories and experiences with strange. If you're interested in hearing more of these stories and learning more about the paranormal and encryptids, make sure you check out the Untold Radio Network for all kinds of exciting shows. It's free to subscribe. So what are you waiting for visit www dot untold radionetwork dot com today.
Speaker 2: Now, what are your reporting? I got a screen going on here. Something just kid with my dog, something to kill your dog? My dog. We're flying through there, over the tree. I don't know how it did it. Okay, Damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence and they would dead once you hit the ground. I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Sat, what are you reporting? We got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was? It was enough out here looking him new the window now and I don't see anything. I don't want to go outside this point. You're right, Sarah here, hello, hit somebody out here? What quent on out there? It's thought of a bit just about sixty ft nine. I don't know easy, I'm out there. Yeah, I'm walking right, Ahady, Oh.
Speaker 3: Hey, thanks for joining me. Is Fred and Alaska. What I wanted to share with you today comes from Brad. Brad is his real first name, Brad and his eight year old son at the time. This was back in two thousand and four, so this was twenty years ago now his son was finally old enough to start getting out in the wilds with him. At the time, Brad had an amphibious a stall I believe it was one eighty five. Amphibious means it has floats and wheels, so he could take off from a runway and land in the lake. Just for those who don't know, Brad had been up the Salta River a few times on a buddy's airboat. There's a whole lot of traffic of airboats up there nowadays, where it's just hillacious man. So he started looking at maps and stuff, and he decides he's going to go up past the splits on the Salta and go to the beginnings of the north fork of the Salta River. There's a cabin there. He researched it. He flies out there alone one time, checks it out, make sure it's accommodating enough for him to get in and out in the plane or whatever. He decides, okay, this is a spot. So he goes does this thing, and he waits till after the hunting season to make the trip happen. He wanted to go sooner when his son was not in school, but it couldn't work out that way, so he said, screw it, I'll take him out of school for a week and he's going to go a dad. He gets everything planned out. He's over visiting with his uncle. Brad has an Alaska, Nada background at the basket and he had happened to be talking to his uncle about a week before his trip. He remembers his uncle telling him to beware of the harry man, and he thought his uncle was just giving him shit. He had heard of the hairy man. He knows the oral tradition. He wasn't naive to it. He just never experienced outside of his uncle. Hadn't known anyone in his family who had, so he was just like, all right, uncle, I'll keep that in mind. His uncle warned him, if you hear his screams and stuff, be aware, keep your boy clothes, don't play yourself cheap. You want to be aware. Honestly, at the time, Brad said he was more concerned about bears versus some hairyman, some story. He believed his uncle, but he had never seen it, so it wasn't a reality to him. He had planned on being there for a total of approximately five days. He went through the proper channels for all the reserving and all that kind of stuff, because a lot of times you got to reserve one of these steak cabins just in case someone had already reserved it or what have you. So it was free and clear of whatever. His plan was to be there four days, five nights, a day of flying in, day of flying out, because he was trying to give his son the whole picture, not just oh fly in, boom boom, you're just right here. He flew around showing his son the sights and all that stuff, which was great for his son. Now this experience I'm going to be sharing from his point of view, and some of it from an eight year old's point of view that he remembers. Something to keep in mind. This is remote Alaska. Anywhere you go remote Alaska, it is what it is.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: You got the whole gambit of grizzly bears, moose. There's serious predators out there. So he gets in there. He said the first night beautiful, that he could see clouds coming. He had a satellite phone that was outside of getting in his plane and firing up his radio, gaining altitude to reach somebody. Those were his forms of communication. He said that when they got there, he had pulled the plane into a little bit of an eddy spot to where he could tie it off and it not be pulled too hard by the current break a tree or a branch that is tied off to and float away while he's sleeping. Fair enough, the last thing you want is your expensive airplane floating away. He gets everything done, and he keeps his son right by him, and we'll just call him his son. We won't even give him a fake name. So him and his son they do their thing. He's teaching him how to tie knots and just a total learning experience for his boy. Now they get up to the cabin and he said, there's approximately three steps you go in. There's a standard waft right in front of you. There's a wood stove off to the left, next to a window. Off to the right, it was another window, and then you got two bunks in the back below the loft with the little table in between and a small window right there above it. So he came prepared. He brought a little Dwalt drill thing with the screws so he could hang up temporary curtains and whatnot. Just because he just didn't like the idea of open windows, which, hey, I'm all for it. I don't need to have something staring at him, he said. The first night was great. When they got up the following morning, while he was making breakfast, it started raining like real hard. His crap. He wanted to get his boy out and fish, and he goes, okay, we brought rain gear, so I'm gonna ring gear him up. We're gonna take this little trail that goes just up a little ways to the river's edge near where the plane was follow the game show a little further, there's a nice deeper depression in the river where there's potentially some nice trout laying in there. So it's raining there may probably be more active. So he all right, cool, I got a game plan for me and the boy. Now, as he's cooking this breakfast, it's twilight in the morning. His son is a sleep up in the lock, just crashed out from all the excitement and traveling fresh air. So as he's cooking, he hears this clink dingdingk was what the hell is that? He was like, something must have fell off a branch off a tree, or something fell onto the metal roof and rolled off. Okay, no problem. Continues doing what he's doing and making up some bacon and eggs and stuff and some bright potatoes. He's using one of those little twin burner Coleman stove, so he's doing his thing on that. He just focused on cooking, and again he hears clank, dank, clink. Taxs, what the hell is that? And it's still fairly it's twilight on the horizon, still dark in the brush, and so he is, what the hell. He had the stove set up on one of the bunks if you're facing inside the door. He said, it was over on the left hand bunk, which is right near the wood stove and the window. The reason he didn't have it set right on top of the wood stove, it was it got a little chilly before bedtime and he lit a fire in there overnight and it was still a little warm, and he didn't want propane, and he was just avoiding excess heat and potentially a bad situation. So he said, he went around this little wood stove and looked out the window, and all he saw was darkness in the trees, light on the horizon, the mountain off to his left, and it was trees off to the right and stuff, and so he was like, man, that's weird. Maybe the wind's blown higher because of the rain and it's knocking pine cones. It must be pine cones, right, So he decides it's pine cones. A little while later, clankd ink, and he's man, that sounds like a rock, not a pine cone. So now his curiosity's really peaked because this is three in a row. There's not really any wind. There's more of a drizzly rain. It's not like a storm going on. So he's like, all right, grabs his gun. He had a forty five seventy. He had a four to fifty four casule chess holster. He wasn't playing any games. He had dealt with bears in the past, had some bad experiences, and he said he would never be caught off guard with the bear again. Forty five seventy and a four to fifty four, you're doing all right, especially when it comes to bears. So he goes out. He has a flashlight, a real nice one. From what he said, it was a surefire or weapon light. Right when they were coming out, they had some good ones, even though the batteries didn't last long. They had some really good lumens Candela power. He goes out, He goes to the side to where the rocks were hitting, which would if your face in the cabin, it would be the left side which he was on cooking and stuff where the stove was. He said, when he got outside and went around, he was just using a flashlight padded around. He had the four to fifty four and he said when he hit the tree line, it was about twenty five yards away. He thought he saw dark movement. He wasn't sure. It could have been a shadow from a tree with the light and stuff moving as he moved. So he was like, a you're spooking yourself. But as he's outside, clank, ting ting ting ting, tink, comes another rock and he turned when he heard the river rock plunk fall off the roof. Right, So now he's okay, something is throwing rock. So he calls out, keep in mind his son's inside sleeping. He yells out, hey, who's out there? Who's out there? Nothing dead? Quiet? He can hear just the drizzle falling on the leaves and stuff. So he gets this real weird I'm being watched feeling. As he's going back to the door, he hears this weird grunt, turns around. He's looking all around, ready to get down the business, and he sees nothing. It's limited distance. He's got maybe twenty five yards open visibility at most, not counting the little trail down to the river, and then there's a trail that hooks up going northbound to where he's tied off this plane. Now he's really spooked. He goes back inside, calms down, shuts the door. One of the tots he had brought with he just slides it in front of the door. He said the door the latch was wonky, and just to make sure he doesn't pop open or whatever. So he goes back tending to his food. He was burning a little bit smoking up the place, so he was like, crap, I'm gonna have to open this door. And it's getting lighter, so he feels a little better about opening the door, so he opens the door. He's tending to his food and stuff so it doesn't get too scorched, and he's salvaging what he can. Because he was outside for a couple of minutes, he wasn't paying attention to his food, and he's kicking himself at that moment, Brad said his son had woke up and came down the stairs. So he was sitting over on the bunk across from him, where he had the little stove set up and stuff, and the other stove was cooled off enough. The wood stove was cooled off enough to where he felt comfortable moving the Coleman stove over on top of it. A small window in the back. He did not put a curtain over because they were sleeping up in the loft. He just wanted the bigger windows cover. So as they're sitting there talking, he's talking to his son about yeah, it's burned a little bit, bud, but it'll be all right. And he's nowhere, he's dad. So as he's talking to his son, goes, who's that? And he looks at the door right immediately, what do you mean who's that? Because he already had on his chest holster he had the four fifty four right there, and he looks towards the door and he's there's no one out there, son, And he goes, no in the window, and he turns and as he turns to look in that little window again, it's much lighter out now. He sees darkness move out of the way of that window. Immediately, all alarms are going off. He rushes over, slams the door shut, slides a toe over. He's looking around. He takes some of the firewood pieces and makes a makeshift board across the door lock on the inside. Hey, good mcguy ring me personally, it probably would have took me about twenty twenty five minutes before I started looking to do that, but he said he felt like he needed to reinforce that door. He did not go outside to look. He fixes the door, which takes time. He tells his son, just tell me if you see anything else. He waited until he had secured the door. His initial tries weren't working, and he knew he had stuff he could work with in the plane. So what he ended up doing is he got it started and everything, and then he used three inch screws to screw through the door into the frame to reinforce it. So he put, like he said, five or six That was how he secured the door initially.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So, as this is going on, he said he was having friendly conversation with his son, not talking about the topic of what was in the window, even though he was dying to ask him. So he gets done doing all that and then turns around and says, come over here, son, because he had him at the edge of the bunk and there's this little it was built into the wall kind of thing. It was like a small little table underneath that window to the right, and not very big. It's smaller than half the size of a card table. So he has his son over there and he's so, what was it you saw? And he goes, you didn't see it, Dad, And he was like, no, son, I didn't see it. I saw something move, but I didn't see it. He goes someone with the fur hood on and he goes a fur hood and he goes yeah. He goes did you see his face? And he goes, no, all I saw was the fur hood. He says, okay, son, someone's obviously playing a prank on us. He goes, I'm scared. You're locking the door. You're putting screws through. You don't do that at home. The kids being curious, why are you doing this. Brad was like, we're in a strange place. There's this stranger outside. I don't know what they want. His son understood no from his son's point of view, he was sitting there. This is his rough memory because he was eight at the time. It's twenty years ago, he said. As he was watching his dad cook and his dad explaining, hey, I burnt some of this stuff or whatever his dad was carrying on about it. At the moment, something caught his attention at the window and he turns and looks and just sees this silhouette of what he referred to as a fur hood. It looked like a fur lined hood on someone's head, and he couldn't see the face.
Speaker 1: And stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: Now. His son said that when that was going on, he had the urge to want to initially go outside and play, but once his dad noticed and stuff, he said, the mood changed for him. He felt scared inside. He said. It was real weird. He remembers vividly as a kid, feeling like, oh, it's playtime, to all of a sudden dread. He never felt that before. It was real, real, hard for him to understand as an eight year old. As it got much much lighter, Brad removed the screws from the door had looked out the one that was nothing going on. He had his son stay inside while he did a little circle around the cabin. Saw nothing, look for any kind of sign of anything. Saw nothing. It was like, all right, they chill out and tell about He said about tell about ten am in the morning. And then he said, all right, you know what, I'm armed. I'll keep my son close. We're going to go fish. Still, there was a portion of him that didn't believe his own eyes. With the dark movement. He thought maybe the high tension and the rocks and stuff was just like messing with them. He was looking for easy explanations to what was going on around him. He was just grasping at straws. At that point, he was feeling like his well planned trip with the sun was getting messed with. Right, we totally understandable. You can't account for that shit. So anyway, so he gets his sun day, it's drizzly, you know, he's takes him up, just passed the plane up along. It wasn't quite a quarter mile from the cabin. There was just enough riverbank that had brushed behind him that was real thick. He didn't care for that too much. There's a bunch of willows and stuff and poplars. He didn't care for that much at all, but still he let his son fish while he constantly kept watching. They started noticing fish in the river moving up because the drizzle had stopped. It was just the river water moving, but wearing his polarized glasses, he was seeing fish moving up to a hole just a little further up. So he say, hey, son, let's move up a little waste. We'll get ahead of these fish moving upstream and then cast down to them and maybe catch something. His boy was there for adventure, so they walked a little ways further. Just before this bend in that river, there's a little bit of an overwashed spot. So the side of the river the cabin's on, there's a bunch of overwashes from river ice that's getting basically a blockage from when it goes out. It's an ice dam, so the water will find another way, and so that's why you see these teardrop shapes, some bigger than others, and that's just from overflow from the ice when it's retreating out in the spring. So there was a smaller one, and there was brush and then a little bit of an old channel and then more brush, so they had a straight line of sight with brush here, line of sight in the thicker brush here. Brad was standing with the line of sight down that overwashed spot. His son was just right in front of him, ten feet away, casting out trying to catch fish. Well, as he's standing there, something catches his eye way off in the line of sight down this little overwashed spot, to the opposite side of the river bank, just slightly around the corner. He turns and looks, and he sees this black thing and he's looking and something's off. Immediately he stops and he's really focusing on it, and he notices it just still is still, and he's like awkwardly cocking his head, like what am I seeing? Because it was like the silhouette of a man, but much bigger in the context of what he was looking at, just brush all around and everything. All of a sudden, there's this pitch black silhouette of a person right down over there about he said, it was about one hundred yards from his position where he was at to across the river and to where it was, and immediate he's what the hell is that? And at first he thought maybe it's an old sign or so. It was this pitch black and there he was trying to explain it away in his own mind of what it could be, and all of a sudden, this thing bit down a little bit, stood back up, and then bolted out of you. To his right. He was like, what the hell because it moved and it was big and it just boom, all of a sudden, was just animated. It went from static to animated like that. He was shocked, but he didn't feel scared until he heard splashing in the water out of view around that bend. He just snatched his son up and retreated back to the cabin. He said. As he was going along, he left the fishing gear and stuff there. He had his forty five seventies sung over his shoulder. But when he snatched his son, his son dropped the fishing poles. Scared the shit out of the boy. He retreats right on back to the cabin, he said. As he was going back to the cabin, he could hear this thing moving back behind him off to his left. He said, it was maybe fifty sixty yards, but it stayed paced with them, but just back. So he's hearing this brush moving. You got to remember, there's thick brush on that side. On his left hand side, it's just a wall of willows and stuff. So he can't visually see this, but he could hear all the movement and the brush rustling and stuff because the drizzling had stopped and it was just quiet, so it was real easy to hear all that noise. He said, it sounded like a freight train coming through there, but it wasn't passing him or catching up to him. It stayed at the same pace he was. He said. It freaked him out. He said. Once they got past the plane and was back up to the little trail that goes up to the cabin, he set his son down, had his son stop and sit down on the ground for a second because where he was there was an opening from one of those washouts from the river right there, right near where he had the plane parked, and he was waiting for this thing to show itself come into the clearing so he could see it because he had a line of sight where he was perceiving this thing was going to come out of the brush. He was standing there with his forty five seventy his son's on the ground crying now as he's standing there, his heart's racing. He doesn't know what's going to happen. Only knows is he's going to protect the sun regardless. He's aim in his forty five seventy towards the direction of the brush. As he's standing there, he's not seeing anything. He hears the movement coming, but it hasn't broken through the brush yet, and there's not a whole lot of leaves left on the trees. This is after hunting season. This is further up north. You got to understand in Alaska, come September first, in some places, things go from green and ninety the week before by ruby and stuff, to literally the next day bitter cold, frozen poddles, and everything's yellow and orange. It's literally that quick. He's dealing with not a whole lot of leaves on the brush, but it's so thick and dense he can't see through it. So as he's standing there, he's looking around all directions on the constant. He's on the verge of losing his shit. And I could totally understand because he said in that moment he was less worried about himself and worried about something getting to his son and so as he's standing there, he hears it coming up to the edge of the brush and he knows it's back in there. He can hear it moving. He just doesn't have a line of sight on it with the gun. There's so much brush he didn't want to waste any AMMO. So he stands there a few moments and nothing happens. He goes dead quiet. He said that he got so quiet. He is telling his son, calm down. His son's being quiet, sobbing, telling him I'm scared, whispering him scared. And he goes, I know, son, I know we'll get out of here. And so what he does is he has his son stand up, He squats down, has his son jump on his back to piggyback him right. He's holding the rifle. He's watching their back trail, and he turns around and he's going through the trail as fast as he can. He cuts through, gets up to the cabin, and when he gets to the cabin door in view of the front of the cabin, he notices sleeping bags. Some of the tots had been drug outside of the cabin and stuff was scattered about. The cook stove was upside down. It had been mashed and twisted. The sleeping bags were basically laid out how they were up in that little loft, just laid out, opened up a little bit, and just laid the way they would have been up in the loft. Real real strange stuff. So he's what the hell he's looking a room, and again he was thinking important stuff, but with his shoulder hole stars his chest holster. He had important paperwork and all his other stuff in that holster. So he had all his stuff. So when he gets up there, he goes inside and looks real quick, there's bunky smelling there. He said. The little ladder that went up to the loft was broken off a little bit and looked like something obviously very heavy was messing with it or bumped into or something. He said. That woodstove that was in there had been basically twisted sideways and pushed up against the wall. These little woods stoves that they're small, but there's still a few hundred pounds, so it's just not like you can just shove it out of the way kind of deal. He's freaking out. It's damn near pandemonium because now his son is picking up on his vibe of just freaked out. He had a small bag with extra animal and some other stuff, and he found that he got the extra ammo. He's got that little bag. He has his son wear this little miniature Duffel bag like a backpack on his back. He's helped dad now from his son's perspective, he said that one of the things he remembered so clearly was the smell. He said it was like a mix of rotten eggs and like rotten meat. Real bad pee older. That's what he remembers very vividly. He said. The rest is murky because there was so much stuff scattered round. As a child, he couldn't really make it out. But as they're standing there and his dad's doing what he's doing, and he's got this little Duffel bag on, they hear this shrieked scream coming from outside. But it's not from the direction of the plane. It's off to their left. If you're facing out the door, a beat off to your left, like down river waste. It was so loud, he said, the whole place was just damn, you're shaken from this scream.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: It was real high pitch shriek, but there was this low tone that was real, barely audible. It was all bad. It was all bad because now he's feeling surrounded. At last, he knew this thing was over near where the plane is, and now there's noise coming off to his left right. So he tells his son, Okay, here's what we're going to do. You got to keep your eyes out looking around behind us, but hold on tight. We're going to go to the plane. You keep an eye out. Just let me know if you see anything and what have you, and Dad'll take care of it. Brad felt bad because he's putting his son in a position that he's really not in a position to be in. He's young, he's just a little boy. He's eight years old, and now he has to be the lookout. He has to use critical thinking and all these things to help keep them both safe. And he put that weight on his son's shoulders. It really hurt us feelings that he was in that position and now his son has to carry that burden of looking out behind them, you know what I mean. And as a dad, I get it, especially with any young child just in general. So he said, when they went out the door and they got to the bottom of the steps, his son says, ow, and he turned around. He's looking all around. He's like what. He goes, something hit me, and so he's looking around, he goes, what hits you? And he's I don't know. It bounced off my head, right, and so immediately he's okay, something s throwing stuff at my son. We gotta go. He starts booking, not full on running, but moving as fast as he can, telling his son, keep a lookout, keep a lookout. So you're doing great, just reassuring him the whole way, right, because they got three hundred feet one hundred yards at least to get to the plane. So he said, just as they were coming up to where the little trail cut off to the right that leads over to the plane, he noticed something fly by him and it bounced on the ground and then he looked it was a pine cone. He goes, in that moment, he was like, okay, he was hit with a pine cone. And because that's what he is putting together. So they continue on down the tree. When they get to the bank where he had just been standing a little bit before, holding a bead on the brush, he let his son down off his back because it's a drop bank, right, there, he has to lower his son down. He lowers his boy down and hands him the rifle to hold and tells him back away, and he jumps down real quick, grabs a rifle from his son, has his son get back on his back. He's facing back towards the cabin at this point because where he just looked, it's open. He sees the plane over there. There's no brush obscuring his view, so he noticed there was nothing there, So immediately his focus is on their back trail where those pinecones are being thrown. He said, what he saw once his son jumped back on his back, looking back up that trail where two of these things just barely in view. They were about, he said, about maybe sixty feet away tops, but they were on either side of that little trail. They had just came down, and they were both doing this number just just kind of looking. He said, in that moment, it looked more like a curious thing, because obviously they had him dead to rights. They could have easily snatched him up, and his son for whatever reason, they were standing there doing this, and they were almost synchronized with their swaying back and forth. So now he's got another conundrum. He's got to get his son in the plane. He's got to warm it up, but there's no reverse in the plane. He's got to push it off. He's got to untie it and push it off from the bank. He's mentally mapping out, how am I going to do that? He goes, what I'm going to do is, I'll leave the pontoon lines tied off. I will cut the rope on the lines that go from the wings down, I'll cut those ropes. I'll leave the pontoons tied off until the engine warms up. Then I'll step out of the door, cut those off, push off. He didn't give a shit if he got wet pushing the plane backwards. He didn't have that kind of time. He didn't have that kind of environment that gave him that luxury. So what he does is he fires up the plane. The son's in the back laying down low. He told his son keep low. Had his son put on the muffs and with the little mouthpiece of the colms. He had the colms on and he has this It's basically like an old phone cord. Let's got the it's all coiled up for stretching and whatnot. So he has it on as he cut the lines, t reassuring his son because the prop is going, it's pretty damn loud, you know what I mean. So he's talking into the mike's sun everything's okay, just stay low, blah blah blah. As he's doing that, he hears this clink clink, clink clink, which it had to have been big enough to make enough noise to get his attention. With the prop going, you got to understand this, his immediate fear was rocks and thin a little um skin on his plane. So he gets back inside the plane and he's looking at the other door is still open. He's looking out, and he knows he has to shut that door. There's things to do still, but he's looking to see what the hell. He notices where they jumped down from the bank, there was one of these things squatted down doing this number with his hands like a juggling motion. But it was squatted down him just above the ground, spread out pretty wide and doing this number like it was juggling something that wasn't there.
Speaker 1: And stay tuned for more sasquatch out to sea, we'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: He said that was the damnedest thing he ever seen. He was focused on what it was doing versus trying to concentrate on what it looked like. He said, it looked like tan leather. That's what he remembers most, because he was watching its body movements and looking for the other one at the same time. Freaked out. The plane is warming up. He knows he's still got a moments before it is ready. So what he does is he grabs a rifle. He gets down into the water and has a rifle on the pontoon. He's looking under the plane back at this thing still not moving, squatted down doing this juggling motion, which is the damned to sing. So he cuts the pontoon lines, which wasn't an easy task. He crawled over the one, cut from underneath the plane, cut the one called back up, and over cut the other one and pulls the plane. And what he does is he gets to the inside of the pontoon and he walks the plane out, turns it around and pushes back up against shore. Now, these pontoons, you gotta understand, they have these little guides in the back for turning when you're in the water, right, They're just little rudders. There's a lever that lifts them up and lowers them down inside the plane, it drops them and picks them up right. So what he does is, just before he turns the thing around, he jumped back up in there, hold that lever up to where those little guides kick up, those little rudders kick up. He gets back down, crawls underneath again so he's protected on both sides by the pontoon. He had to take his head set off to make this happen. He pushes out, turns the plane around, and backs it to where it's not catching the current too hard because he still has a little bit of time for it to warm up. Now he feels a lot better about the situation because they're facing the right direction to taxi away, you know what I mean. Again, there's no reverse on these old planes. So he climbs back up and he's looking this thing is still sixty five seventy feet at the most away doing this number, and he says, now it's off to his left hand side. Because he's back in the plane at this point, the current isn't really affecting him where he's sitting. His motions in the water are making more of an effect than the current. Where he was, the deeper channel was across the way, so he was relatively in a safe place as far as the water current goes. Now, he said, as he was sitting there, he's looking off at this thing. He's got his door wide open, and he's got his rifle down. He's not pointing it directly at it, because this thing is really it's not doing anything other than this weird motion. He's continually looking all around, made sure the other door was shut. He's got his colms on, and he's talking to his son's son, just stay low. We're good, Dad, got it turned around, you. God of reassuring him, right, because his son's still crying. Now. All of a sudden he hears an impact pay and he looks and the little window right behind him, which is basically a shaped kind of window, one of the smaller ones. It was fractured right, and it was obvious something impacted it. So he's, oh, hell no. He's right about ready to get moving in this plane, and now they're chucking rocks and it broke his window. So immediately he lifts up the gun and pops around at this thing. He said he'd shot from the hip, just raised up and boom fired a shot, levered in another room, and this thing took off out of you up that dry wash out spot breaks out that direction off to the back behind him going around. He was like, screw this, it's almost warm enough. Get the show on the road. Basically, so he powers up and he pulls away from shore. He dropped in the rudders and he was doing his thing. He checks he down river at this time again overcast, low ceiling. He was very unsure exactly distance before he banks to the left and so on, and he's hoping that in his mind's I I'll clear this mountain here off to my left when I take off. Because he had to go down river, taxi turn around and come back upriver to take off. So he does that. He taxis down and at this point he tells his son, it's okay, keep an eye out. Tell daddy if you see them. His son what he'd done is where he was laying down, he climbed up and over and then ended up plopping right next to his dad. Bair enough. Brad said not to him, sit strap in whatever, and his son's looking out the window. Now this is from his son's perspective when they were taxing downriver and he had just jumped over or whatever, and his dad got enough distance to turn around start powering up to come upriver to take off, right, he said. As he turned around, he noticed one off to his right. It was coming out into the water a little ways and it was squatting down. From what his son said, this thing was doing this weird juggling things with his hands, and this is the first I've ever heard of that. And what do he do with that? God only knows what it was doing. So he's watching it. He points it out to his dad and his desk. I see it, son, I see it, And he's powering up right. He's got his flaps ready to go, Brad said, as soon as he was getting to the point, and he lifted off because most experienced pilots they'll lift one pontoon up then pull the other one out just to break water tension. So as he does that and he's gaining altitude, he looks off to his right past his son, and that same one that he assumes he had popped a shot at was squatted down. So there was one squatted further down below the cabin on the river doing this weird juggling motion with his hands, and this other one that he popped a shot at that was originally doing that was doing the same thing, squatted down right near where the plane was originally. He said. He gaining up altitude. He was real nervous getting into the clouds, not sure, so he's counting to himself and then starts gaining more altitude and banks off to the left, praying at that point that he didn't just him and his son to death. And after a minute or two, he obviously cleared the mountain because he's still alive in gaining altitude and he knows he's above any mountains at this point, and then they break through the clouds, their sunlight, everything. It was like being reborn. He said. He felt a huge sense of relief. So he gets back, He gets son to mom, explains everything. He goes to his uncle. He's got stuff to retrieve. He had stuff that he felt he needed to go back for, but he wasn't taking his son. He gets his uncle and his uncle's good friend. So he gets back. Son goes with his mom and they're dealing with the aftermath of this. He needed to go get his stuff in the interim getting connected with his uncle and making the arrangements, because this is all he's trying to make it happen right away before everything freezes up and all that kind of stuff. He wants to go and get his stuff. When you have certain things that you inherited and that you make use of over the generations, you have an obligation to keep those things for your heritage and that type of thing. Anyway, so he had some stuff that he definitely wanted to retrieve if it was still retrievable. So his uncle brings his friend now. He said when they flew back up, they basically flew to the richardson to the Salta and then followed the Salta back up to the north Fork there past the splits, and he said he saw a bunch of people in boats and canoes on the lower portion, and then once they got to a certain point it was really no activity. He said. They went through the little valley where the cabin was, tried a spot from the air anything going on before they landed, came back a room, came in landed parked basically where he did before. However, this time plane was facing out and it was already warmed up. They had only planned on being there as long as it took. To gather stuff up. He had his uncle to keep guard, and his uncle's buddy. Both these two gentlemen, basking natives. They were not playing games. They were well thetude. They dealt with things similar before, so they're on point. A good portion of his stuff was gone. He didn't know if these things took it, or if someone came along and was like Geez, who left his cabin a mess, that kind of thing. Thankfully, there was one smaller tote that he was concerned about, with some family heirlooms in it, and stuff like an old compass and some other stuff that really meant a lot to him, some honest keepsakes. Luckily that was there untouched. He retrieved that, grabbed the other miscellaneous stuff that was still around, and they went back to the plane. Now at the plane, because everything was calm, there was songbirds of stuff. The tone, the mood was totally different. It wasn't as ominous. Right, He's sitting there walking his uncle and his friend through. Hey, we were just down over here when I saw it bolt and all this kind of stuff. His uncle's listening, but the whole time his uncle's listening, he's looking around, and same with his friend. They walked back to where the trail was and they were looking for sign of tracks, and there are a couple you could see you'd see tracks in there, and they were like stepped on each each other and that kind of thing. But they were a good seventeen inches eighteen inches long. One of them was about seven inches wide at the heel. They were just discussing it. Meanwhile, all eyes are looking around. His uncle says, ah, we should probably get going, and everyone agrees, Yeah, let's get out of here. We got what we came for. He said. When they were getting back into the plane, up behind the cabin, which he didn't know for sure how far away, but behind the cabin the very exact same high pitched squeal scream they heard inside the cabin as they were retreating to the plane, him and his son, he said, it was the same pitch. There was a lowness to it that you couldn't hear, but it was there, almost feeling it. This shriek just gave them chills to their bones. So that was all the motivation they needed. They all hopped in squared things away, fired up, and flew out of there. Another portion from his son's perspective is that when he was sitting there in aw the man in the hood, the fur hood out the window. It was something that he never fully expressed. But remember I mentioned he had the feeling like he wanted to go out and play, and then it was immediately changed to fear. What caused that, he said, is this thing was in essence mind speaking to him, come outside, come outside and play. He never fully verbalized that to his dad. He didn't know how to because he felt so weird about it. In the mind of an eight year old, what do you do with that? Someone's talking to me in my head? Even adults they could say, mind speak all they want, but in the moment of that, what the hell you know? And as an adult it's real hard to even speak about, let alone when context of being a little eight year old boy not knowing what the hell is going on. I want to thank Brad for sharing that. Thank you all, and we'll catch you on the next one. They say, you don't gotta go home, but you can't stay.
Speaker 4: I oh, world.
Speaker 5: Side stays step side, step child, this child, that child.
Speaker 4: Everything can you ride back, ride back a joy for me joy. Stay right there, you come it right away.
Speaker 5: Still still say, says sisty States to Stuss Games. Still stillsssssst used these things