Speaker 1: I mean talking, I'm building, You're independent.
Speaker 2: On this and.
Speaker 3: Walking to our store.
Speaker 4: Thank you for what.
Speaker 3: I am someone who loves their neighbor.
Speaker 5: Why not I did?
Speaker 6: Whoa good morning everybody?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody? All right, all right, welcome to views for mandling your news and truth by any joke necessary. Thank you for waking up on the right side of his So. Yes, we are back home. As you can see. Isn't this nice? We are back home in our place. Notice that this is says October. So I'm going to change that to December.
Speaker 2: My what.
Speaker 1: I think I'm am? I live on Instagram right now. I'm trying to I tried to do like the simulcast, and I don't think I did it.
Speaker 8: Correctly, but I tried. I tried to do it.
Speaker 1: Because it I think it's actually quite interesting that you can do it. And uh, okay, so how to stream? So let go live once you're streaming. So okay, well I did that. Okay, this is the stream key. Let's see if I can get it right. Let's see. Let's let'sten, let's just see. Let's just see, y'all, Let's just see. Okay, it says you are live. It says I'm live on Instagram. Am I live on Instagram? Can anyone confirm or deny this? I'm not live on Instagram?
Speaker 8: Right Okay?
Speaker 1: I was like, no, I'm not. Okay, remove, but now I'm gonna add it back, all right, save, and then I go over to Instagram.
Speaker 8: Just you see how you see how hard.
Speaker 1: I'm working right now because I'm really trying to One of the things that I really want to do in twenty twenty five is really step up used for Amandoland. Twenty twenty six is really step up use for Amandoland. And that's only going to happen if it is able to I did connect the streaming software. Oh it's live now, all right, I did it. I did it, y'all. So shout out to everybody. Good morning. Thank you everybody who was out there in the world with us for the views from I mean, for the uh what would the ancestors say, mission driven tour. We are starting a little late this morning, so let's just dive right in and find out who's here. Hey, hey, hey, let's get it. Let's get it. Let's do be dooby doo doo doo. Come on, come on, come, on. If you run Instagram, come on over to YouTube. I'm in the Landers, here to learn, drop in and tell me where you're watching from. It's selling to get it cracking.
Speaker 3: We talk at the house.
Speaker 9: Let's talk of that.
Speaker 1: I'm in the Landers, here to learn, drop in and tell me where you're watching from. No tre Dame, Brooklyn. What the break up? I am Miami. Oh, I'm in the building, Charleston, South Carolina, Sacandago, Aurora, Colorado, Las N I said, by not roll, I go Brandon's in Houston. We got Denmark, Copenhagen, the area, leave my bed home at seth Day, Rachels and Durham, North Carolina. We got the DMV representing Boston, Massachusetts. The d in the classroom, Salt Lake City, Utah, Cleveland, Ohio, Spring Hill, Tennessee, National City, California, Kansas. The Man the Landers here to alarm, dropping at Timmy Way and rotting from Cala, scream Hill, Tennessee, Waterford, Michigan. Somebody gonna be booking Oakland, Yeah, University Place, Washington, New Jersey, Saint Petersburg, Florida, lebaniese in Berlin, Germany, New Orleans with Olesia's from Spring Valley, California, Back, Holiday County. I'm waving get you Sarah San Diago, Bartman, Friday, Lighting Fish Forman up South Carolina foot Worth, ro says Patterson, New Jersey, Clack of miss Oregon. That's a new one. Brooklyn, New York, Newark, New Jersey, Dallas, Fort Work, Austin, Texas, Denver, Waenos Saints.
Speaker 5: What's Buenos Sadays.
Speaker 1: Raises in London, Hollywood, Florida, The LBC, Denver, Mombley, Oh Sing louis up in here?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 10: I need Sacramento, Welcome Incong the Territory in Muskoka, Ontario, Call Panada, Helloa, Sakas, Mexico.
Speaker 1: That's a new one.
Speaker 3: I'm Dublin r Line.
Speaker 1: Shout out to everybody joining US INTERNATIONALE. If you're listening on the podcast, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome. If you're watching on the replay, we love you. And if you are watching on Instagram, come on over to YouTube and subscribe. Because you know, Zuckerberg and all of them are against me, so we gotta get them everywhere. Okay, we gotta literally be in all the places that we're harder to get, huddled to get. We got a lot to talk about today we will be talking about speaking of harder to get. We're gonna talk about there now cracking down on anti fascists. I mean, it's wild, how wild it is, but this is happening in California. We also have great guests. We have Rishia Gee at Hiley Vibe on the internets and she'll be joining us for sixty second headlines, as well as Josephine Gilbo, who will be who will be doting.
Speaker 8: Us for level us up.
Speaker 1: If you don't know Josephine's work, this will give you a little little taste.
Speaker 11: And is Josephine Gilbo. I'm a seventeen year Army veteran. I recently got out of the military last year.
Speaker 12: For one year I have watched andreel barn children alive.
Speaker 3: You don't care about veterans, you don't.
Speaker 7: Care about American You are destroying this company, this country.
Speaker 1: Let me tell y'all something. I constantly accidentally say company instead of country when I refer to the United States. And we all know that is not a Fordian slip. That is a factual slap. All right, all right, So yes, we got Josephine joining us. Also, we're gonna be talking about uprisings. We got uprisings happening all over the world, And again the United States acts like it doesn't know how to uprise, because I guess it doesn't. But yeah, what we gonna do, y'all? In the words of Drew Hill, what are we gonna do? Where are we gonna go? What are we the same? When they find out? Yeah, I don't know. Let's get into our word of the day. How about it. Let's just let's just get into our word day because we have got our sixty second headlines guests already prepared. Our word of the day is devon air. No do we do wnair? I feel like you've done debonair? Torpid torpid t r p I D. It's an adjective that means sluggish and dull. Okay, sluggish and dull alrighty. The navvy said her coffee is still brewing, so that means she might still just be torpid right now until she gets that coffee in her system, using in a sentence.
Speaker 8: Y'all torpid.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you the way that jet lag be hitting me. I be feeling real torpid.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 1: Watching people consistently stand for genocide politicians makes them look real torpid. Ah and why that said over in Jersey it's quite a torpid and gloomy day.
Speaker 8: It is over here in Nyak as well.
Speaker 1: DJ Blessed said, after getting my wisdom teeth moved yesterday, I'm feeling very torpid right now.
Speaker 8: I respect it. I know what that's like. I know what that's like.
Speaker 1: Ooh, Florida girl, said Berry Manopun's got me feeling torpid. I know about it. Brandon said, I'm feeling real torpid this morning because of this Texas weather.
Speaker 8: But clicked on this live like without has a tas.
Speaker 13: We love it.
Speaker 1: You know what looks real torpid? Them pictures of the White House staff in Vanity Fair. They look they look a mess. Actually, I feel like I want to try and show you this video. Yes when she actually summed it all up like there's nothing for me to add. So actually, let me just let this lady tell y'all because I didn't even know that there was such a thing going on. I didn't know that there was a Mandy Fair thing happening. But while I'm pulling this up, want to remind you to go to amandasiels dot com get your copy of what would the ancestors say, and also just know that I have a lot of dope stuff coming for Kwansa. So I hope that you guys have some have some some some bread or some people that you care about that you just want to get things to give things to? What else do I want to remind you all of you can gift people a subscription to Patreon for the holidays, by the way, that's and its it's it's five dollars. It's five dollars. It's so funny when I see people really being like Amanda is a grifter, because I'm like, what's the what's the grift?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Where where am I gaining? Like, because a grifter is someone who's conning people in order to get something from them. And I'm just like, what's the con? That's what I mean, trying to figure out what's the con? I don't I don't get it. But I want you to watch this because we're petty.
Speaker 14: Photograph is a masterclass in composition. And if you never took our history, watch this and you will understand how to read any image.
Speaker 5: First and foremost, everything is a choice.
Speaker 14: Do not think the photograph was something that accidentally happened photographers either choose to literally frame the composition or choose to print the one.
Speaker 3: That worked the best. Often they do both.
Speaker 5: Next, when you're.
Speaker 14: Looking at any image, this is not just a photograph, any image, try to figure out what is the focus.
Speaker 5: When it's a portrait, it should be the person.
Speaker 14: However, then you try to figure out if the actually a focus. So she is almost completely in the center of this image, but slightly off center.
Speaker 5: That is already like a little bit of a tell.
Speaker 14: Next, look at all of the line right, because your eye follows lines to look at the composition, to move around it, and all the lines are pointing in different directions. It's like arrows pointing at all kinds of things, most of them not at her and definitely not at her face.
Speaker 5: Next, light is a tool, and it's.
Speaker 14: Supposed to move your eye into focusing on things, except for we have a random spotlight and an empty chair, and this which what pikes it look like.
Speaker 5: This is the pool of light is on nothing, emptiness.
Speaker 14: And then back here, the brightest part is probably this hallway, which then leads your eye away from her to this with a shadowy person in the shadows. When you put all together, this composition feels like the focus is not her but the lack of focus, and it it makes you draw the conclusion she is not the center, but there's some sort of force behind it.
Speaker 5: Now, am I reading too much into it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 14: These are all purposeful choices to make us make that reading exactly. You could do this with any well composed image do the same sort of stuff. But I would invite you to try to look at one where the person seems powerful and compare it to them, because you will see that the light will be on their face, they will be in the middle, and all the lines will be pointing to them.
Speaker 1: Okay, that wasn't the video I wanted to show you, but I still think it was great because you learned something about composition.
Speaker 8: Now this is art underscore less on the instagrams.
Speaker 12: And you know.
Speaker 1: So I love when people are actually like using things that are in front of us to teach us about other things, right, things that actually are interesting to us. Because these people are the worse, the worst in the world, and so we don't really want to know about them, but we have to know about them because they are the worst in the world. But this is actually the video that I wanted you all to watch because it's actually funny and interesting.
Speaker 14: Does this picture prove that Stephen Miller is a vampire? So before we get to that pressing question, one of the things that really struck me about these visual compositions is how awkward they are. Remember, photographs are choices. They're picking what to frame in and what to frame out. This would be a very different image if there was nothing on this side. Also, it would be a very different image if the light switch wasn't there in this whole spread. Light switches and random stuff play major characters in the photographs. What it does is it won reminds us how big these people are, right, It gives us scale because all of us sit and chair, many of us have light switches. I mean, this one is truly a brilliant photograph, partly because of the weight of it. There was a lot of empty space here that dwarfs Marco Rube who himself looks like a dwarf. But then also it's the fact that there is so much not Marco Rubio in this photograph.
Speaker 5: It could be cropped to.
Speaker 14: Show him more close up, but instead it's like a giant space with a little Marco Rubio it's hard to come off as manly State Department man.
Speaker 5: When you are being framed. Is less consequential than the door.
Speaker 14: And even this red suit, purportedly the color of power, looks ill fitting and somehow only adds to the old lady vibe that the rest of this room has.
Speaker 5: And again it is framed with half a chair.
Speaker 14: In every instance there's a little bit of like a topsy turviness to it, which takes me back to this one.
Speaker 5: I am sorry to report.
Speaker 14: One his hand does have a reflection, and two he does not have the rest of the reflection in the table because it's at an angle. But let's admit it, vampires are meant to be hot. And then there are these people. All in all, I think that the images together show a group of people who are shorter than you thought, but as awkward as you imagined.
Speaker 5: The summation.
Speaker 1: The final summation, and they are shorter than you thought, but as awkward as you imagined, and incredible, y'all.
Speaker 8: Let's get into our sixty second.
Speaker 1: Headline.
Speaker 3: Sixty second head.
Speaker 13: One has a news right.
Speaker 1: Sound hello, helloud, helloud?
Speaker 3: Can you hear me? You cannot hear me? You can't hear me. Oh okay, very loud, amazing, Oh okay down am I good little bit and we can hear you.
Speaker 12: Sis.
Speaker 1: Hello, how are you welcome?
Speaker 7: Welcome?
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for having me. I'm so happy to be here to talk to you about these headlines.
Speaker 1: So happy to have you as well. Now let's give the people some context. Where are you joining us from? How did you become so on point? Because you are one of these people that I just came across on the internets who never misses. You've always landed on the right side of right, and I'm always like, yes, exactly, yes, exactly. So can you please tell people a little bit about yourself?
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. So I am joining you from Minneapolis, Minnesota. I am a law professor. I teach constitutional law at the University of Minnesota. I focus on the First Amendment, speech and press through a critical race theory lens. And that means I spend a lot of time with the ancestors. And as long as you spend time with the ancestors, you go end up on the right side of history. If you spend time with them, you heat they lessons right. You treat them as whole human beings, full of nuanced and complexity, you're gonna be on the right side. So you know, I think that's part of.
Speaker 1: When you got Octavia right over your shows, I do.
Speaker 3: I got Octavia back there. Look, I got Marden up there. Folks, we keep them all together. Let's see you, I see you.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So a lot of what I do is trying to think about the way in which democracy is experienced in a racialized state, and right now we're at an inflection point of that. So I think, you know, I didn't know it before, but I was being prepared for this moment. I have, uh something meaningful to say, so I try to use that as best I can.
Speaker 1: Here's just a random question I'm throwing out to you because I was thinking about it this morning. When I was on the road this week, someone asked me, well, what is gonna be the difference? Because I keep telling people like Israel is about to colonize the United States, and even if they don't say it that way, that's what's actually happening. I don't know if y'all know this, but they were flying the Israel flag on the White House yesterday. Yes. And also I saw video the other day of somebody I can't remember who it was, but they were hugging Donald Trump, saying he's the first Jewish president, so like this is a real thing happened at either And so I told them, I said, well, we're going to experience apartheid, but in a much more outward fashion, like they're already talking about we're going to have to start carrying our passports because IDs are not going to be enough. And I said, we are already experiencing a certain level of apartheid, first with white people in this nation and the way the Justice Department deals with them differently, but also in the way that we see zionis being dealt with differently, right, because the First Amendment rights that are given to Zionists are not given to people who are pro Polecinian. So have you started to kind of expand at all your lens under of looking through the racialized vent lens to include Zionism.
Speaker 3: Met So what I tell people is that the United States has never not been a racialized apartheid. It's just typically been confined to the darkest folks and the folks who and by the darkest folks, I mean black folks, right. And so what we're seeing I want people to stop treating what we're seeing as an aberration. The problem is just that we don't know this nation's history, and that's also on purpose, and so we think how Zionism is being treated is somehow an aberration, or the Antifa attacks are an aberration. We have never allowed people who were pro humanity, who were pro civil rights, who were pro human rights to speak freely in this country. It is part of the foundational structure. It is part of this country's architecture. There's a great line by W. E. B. Du Bois where he's testifying in front of Congress and he talks about how the United States creates which words to stop people from speaking freely, and he says, at first the rich word, the witch word, was abolitionists, and then it was socialist and communists. And I would argue, and that's the the climate, the context in which he's speaking at that moment. But I would argue that now that word is terrorist, oh absolutely, And so we levy it of course at pro Palestine protesters. Because we have this architecture in place, we've just now repurposed it for the moment, right, even all of the things that Project twenty five and I know you're going to get to Project twenty twenty six or the revamp of it. Are doing are actually a continuation of the history of this kind of architecture. It's just that they fought so hard and been so effective at keeping this history out of school, at keeping it out of the mainstream media, at keeping it inaccessible, that people don't have it to frame what's happening in this moment. So it's not actually like we're moving in a new direction. It's just that what's been confined to the mark and to black folks and to pro human folks is now reaching the mainstream, is now migrating to the rest of society, and they're trying to establish it as the paradigm explicitly in a way that it's historically kind of been laundered under the patriot under the security banner. They're still trying it. It's just not as effective, and if it's not effective, they'll use brute force. I think that's the I think that's the difference of anything, is that we're entering up we will brute force everyone.
Speaker 1: We used to just do it to.
Speaker 3: Black folks and socialists and communists. Now we will make you into the person we need to do it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but isn't that isn't the new part what they're contextualizing it into. I mean, I feel like I never heard of anti zion I never heard of anti Semitism or uh, I never heard of anti Semitism as a brute force effort, as a brute force tool until the last two years. I think that's right.
Speaker 3: I think that's right. I think that certainly this is the latest iteration of it. But I think it's important why.
Speaker 8: That's what I'm trying to get at.
Speaker 1: I keep I feel like people are really not riding with me on this, and I'm I'm right, and I need y'all to understand this because the people in these positions are Zionists. Like at one point it's time. It used to be all everybody's white in these positions, and now it's that everybody is a Zionist in these positions. Like the legal field in the United States is very much run by Zionists, right, like the actual Supreme Court.
Speaker 8: I mean they may not be Jewish, but they're Zionists.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think Zionism right now, the political Zionism that you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Is the nucleus only Zionism there is sure, sure won't disagree. I mean in terms of Israel, like right right, right, right, right right right right right now they lie and say it's religious, but that's what I mean.
Speaker 3: Right Like, if we think about what Israel represents right on the global geopolitical stage, it is the culmination of what all of these earlier iterations have represented.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, right, it is.
Speaker 1: It is so so there are three.
Speaker 3: Things I argue will always provoke the most violent response from the United States. And why you didn't see the kind of violent response no King's protests, right, it is anti white supremacy, anti militarism, and anti capitalism. If you attack any of these three things, and especially if you attack them all, you will provoke the most violent response from the state. Right, on many levels, Israel functions as a proxy for the United States for those efforts, for those pursuits. It is when you talk about building what do they call it, the Riviera or whatever they're talking about building in the Gaza strip, When you talk about the defense contracts and the amount of money that's flowing over there, When you talk about the history of colonialism, when you talk about colonization and the eradication of indigenous people. You are speaking to the heart of white supremacy. You are speaking to the heart of the military industrial complex, you are speaking to the heart of capitalism. And so those elements of our society are the foundational building blocks of this country and have always been. Any time you are trying to make inroads into reallocating the power that has a mass within that structure, you are going to provoke the most violent response. The Palestine Israel conflict is the latest front of that in our society, and one that we're all intimately connected to in a way that we haven't seen in those past iterations because of how social media is functioning, because of the way that the Internet has allowed us to connect to one another. But you had a I mean, a lot of the things that we're seeing deporting people, vilifying people, attacking universities, we saw in the early nineteen hundreds and early twentieth century with communists and socialist movements. You saw with civil rights activists during the sixties, from the forties to the sixties. You saw during the Antebellum period with abolitionists. It's just that we all weren't watching it unfold on our phones. And we didn't have those real on the ground accounts to compare it to the propagandized media machine, political machine that was fast at work in a way that now we kind of have to mitigate, which I think is making us more engaged, which is why this one feels so visceral. This one feels so poignant because we're experiencing it in a way that we haven't experienced these earlier iterations. But this is the United States, United States.
Speaker 1: It is I just I think that we are shortsighted in thinking that this is about the United States, And I'm just gonna say that I agree. I think what we I think that that's the thing that I'm trying to get us intellectuals to kind of expound upon, is because we're literally seeing Zionists steal property in the United States the same way they're doing in Palestine. I just saw a man who is serving time right now for stealing twenty homes. He sold twenty people's homes in New York grand larceny, and the judge for his next case said, you know what, We're going to give you time served and so for this for these new twenty homes that he's because he already was serving time for something else. So now he's serving time. Now he was on trial for twenty homes that he stole in Brooklyn, to my understanding, and the judge gave him time served, and he's not going to serve a day longer.
Speaker 3: But this also mirrors Donalds and.
Speaker 1: He's a he's a he's doing He's a Zionist, is a ju a Hionist.
Speaker 3: This also mirrors though Donald Trump partning the home healthcare guy who stole the millions of dollars, and then him partning the drug trafficker guy from Honduras. And what I'm just trying to say, so I would say two things back to what you said about about I would say one thing in response to the this is not about the United States. And in one of the ways I think that that is really evident. I saw some one on Democracy Now summarize this really well, and they were explaining that they were saying that this group of people, the cabal of folks who exist for example, around Epstein, are not tethered to a nation in the way that they're tethered to each other. They use the globe as their as their terrain right. It is not a United States. So I think thinking framing it in terms of it's not about the United States, and that the United States is not the pinnacle of the pursuit. It's just one more hub that these people use to operate from, right, and it has the kind of military infrastructure that allows them to wield global power.
Speaker 16: Right.
Speaker 3: And so I think it's important for us to think about this in terms of there's no allegiance to the United States surviving right. I think that that is probably the biggest misconception, is that people believe that there's some loyalty or prioritization of the United States making it. There is not no right. There is a priority for these people to make it, and to the extent that they can use the United States to advance that they are inplying to do so. Right on the flip side, though, the other reason I want to I think you're right about the way Zionism is being used. But I think Zionism is being used not for the purposes of Zionism itself, but because Zionism is such it's so conducive to these other priorities. That's why you get the Hondura's president, That's why you get the pardons in these other ways. That's why the things that villains this is about some fundamental priorities for these people in charge, and whatever tools they can use to advance that agenda, they will, right.
Speaker 1: And the their agenda is to be one on the tools, right, Like the their agenda is is to take Like it sounds very pinky in the brain, but their agenda is to take over the world.
Speaker 3: You're run by marble villains. I mean, it's absolutely marble villains who are in charge.
Speaker 1: So I just find that as I'm watching these things happen, Like even the conversations around Jasmine Crockett, people are like, well, why does it matter? Then I see James Talerico, you know, on an interview today and it's like, well, I have some really good bad news for y'all. Both of them are trash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would go even further. I think our focus on individuals is the problem. This is why I try to insist, right that this is the architecture. These are the leaders it's going to produce. You want different leaders, you want different leadership, you want a different leadership paradigm, you need a different architecture. You don't. I mean, that's why I keep saying. Right, you know, one of the things that happened, I think about six weeks ago is Donald Trump administration. The Trump administration sent out letters to a bunch of universities. Brown was one of Vanderbilt was another one, and essentially they asked for these universities to alleviate any commitment to DEI, deificantly scale back the number of international students that they're allowing in, and to alleviate things that make people hostile to conservative ideology.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 3: And in exchange for doing this and to agree to tuition freeze, which which most people agree with. But in exchange for doing these things, they will get priority for university, for a federal funding for grants or research dollars or two loan dollars.
Speaker 8: Everything is quick pro quo.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable, how corrupted all this is.
Speaker 3: It's true, it's true. But what this is essentially saying, and what this directly contravenes, is this idea in American society that we have a marketplace of ideas, that every idea gets to compete equally, and whichever idea is best will prevail. What we actually have and have always had, is a very carefully curated set of ideas that we are allowed to access, and they are ideas that can have no robust competition lest they be eliminated. Right, this is why you don't This is why they don't teach about socialism and communism in schools. This is why they're the fight over how much racism you can talk about, whose perspective you can talk about it from. Which this is all because in order for white supremacy, capitalism, and the militarism that we have to survive. It's why King shut out to you. Is why King said that they were the three evils, because in order for them to survive, you have to alleviate competing ideas. So what this administration is doing is reluctant as people are to engage with. This fact is they're not an aberration or a deviation from our trajectory. They are a continuation of it. When they say they're trying to reclaim traditions, when they say they're trying to bring us back to these American founding ideas, they are they're consistent. They're not wrong. And a big part of that is inhibiting a free dialogue, is inhibiting the free flow in exchange of ideas.
Speaker 1: Right, which actually is a great segue into Project twenty twenty six. Yes, yes, yes, right, because I feel like people thought it was just like twenty twenty five all the way live, and it's like no, no, no, no, they had they had more coming for us. Yeah, they have more coming for us. And I definitely thought I had transferred it into my computer. So I didn't solve That's a problem that I'm about to do it right now, So tell me this, what did you When did you find out about Project twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: I think around the same time everybody else found out about it, I mean a twenty twenty two, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 8: Maybe that's not when everybody else found out about it.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I mean Kamala didn't start talking about Project twenty twenty five till twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Well, let me be clear. I don't think when our politicians decide to address something publicly is a good metric for when it actually became publicly known.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Again, these are people who are ambassadors for a system that thrives on deception.
Speaker 1: Right, But there are many people who did not hear about it until they heard about it from her, Because they look at them as the source.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got that. You gotta stop that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So here we are, y'all. Heritage Foundations said don't sleep, we got more for you, and they have released new fascistic policy. Thank you to So Informed for putting this together. Some points of note in their blueprint for twenty twenty six are the American family, the dignity of work, and the future of free enterprise, which you were just speaking about national security, which we need to always put in quotes because we need to put the security in quotes within the quotes, because it's not actually securing the nation. It's the same ethos as Israel, where it's we're going to cause friction with everybody else and call it securing ourselves when really what we're doing is creating a reason to make weapons and the American heritage and citizenship. They want to eliminate ranked choice voting all together. Do you know do you know about ranked choice voting?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I know a lot of people are supporting it as a way to mitigate the kind of corruption that we're seeing, Yeah, and rampant in our political poweries.
Speaker 1: So ranked choice voting, y'all, and correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm still sometimes a little shaky on this ranked choice voting. To my understanding is when basically they put a number of folks that are up for election, and you can vote by ranking, so you don't just choose one. You can rank who you want in preference, and then that is narrowed down how many people ranked a certain person by one, how many people ranked a certain person by two. So that is why when mom Donnie was in the primary, everyone was like, rank him as one, rank him as one, because that would push him through. That allows for there to also be more opportunities for different kinds of candidates versus you only getting these two options and maybe a possible third. If there is a green part of your independent option that actually has elevated itself in that district or state, is that correct? People are saying that's correct, So okay, they want to roll back environmental and energy regulations. This is the part that I just I'm I know this about money, I know, but I'm just like, do these people know something I don't know about cloning living forever?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, so I will say I will say two things about that. One, I think it's important for folks to keep in mind that for capitalism, every everything is a resource. The planet and the people are We're.
Speaker 1: Going to talk about that later for the for the for the critical Thinking segment, because I don't know if you saw that CNN has has partnered with Kalshi, which is a betting app so that you can now bet on actual world events. So we're gonna talk about that little later because the owner literally says in an interview that anything can be made into a commodity. That is, please keep.
Speaker 3: Going a fundamental part of the US. And also though you know, one of the things that the wealthy kind of Rola garc that we talk about. I saw someone call them the five Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
Speaker 1: Yes, Peter Alex. They're on the cover of Time.
Speaker 8: You know these AI folks too, it's just and they're praising them.
Speaker 3: They have dumped a lot of money into eugenic They've dumped a lot of money into living forever. They've dumped a lot of money into immortality, into stopping aging, into reversing aging. You know, you've heard these people talk about merging their consciousness with UH robots and so forth and so on. So there certainly is a push you know, I think that there's an acknowledgment that the resources are finite and and and that means that people can't survive in our current modality into perpetuity. And so on some level, these people have accepted that and are attempting to accelerate it and prepare themselves forward with bunkers, with technology that allows them to extend their life with all kinds of so. So there absolutely is uh and they still look for up Listen, imagine being such I'm just gonna say this one thing about that, about that advanity fair uh uh photograph. Imagine being such a self loathing white supermacist that you uh LUs stuff the black wom lips because if y'all don't see them needo injection marks.
Speaker 16: It is wild.
Speaker 1: It is wild, It looks nuts.
Speaker 3: It's such a you know, I had a student from Norway come talk to me, and it was just such a refreshing reminder of how untethered this place is from reality, That there is no factual basis for the United States, that it thrives on its hostility and its antagonistic relationship with reality. That is, it's so all of these things the way that it it, you know, the way, it's trying to convince us that blowing up babies a self defense. The hostility to talking about the reality of this country's racial history, the you know, unwillingness to deal with the failings of capitalism are all emblematic of our hostile relationship with reality. We refuse to engage reality, and we punish people who try to force us to do it. That is kind of the ethos, and that's part of why we're in decline because when when you add with reality, reality is gonna win every time.
Speaker 13: Facts.
Speaker 1: They want to reclaim institutions, which we were just talking about, of higher education from the radical left. By the way, you all none of these institutions are the radical left. Oh, anybody who has been in an institution, you currently work in an institution, you know that it is far from the radical left. The idea that learning literally just learning is considered radical. Learning about anything outside of the United States, learning about anything beyond the context of capitalism, beyond the context of white supremacy, is considered radical.
Speaker 3: There is a war on reality. It never occurs to these people that whatever left leaning bias they think exists in these institutions. And I would agree with you they're the furthest thing from radical in my experience that we can get, but any left leaning bias. They don't contend with the fact that maybe these are just the facts. Maybe you got a bunch of smart people together. They all looked at the history and the data and they were like, well, damn, there's only one. They refuse to engage with. And that's why they have to send these letters out to say you please eliminate these things from your curriculum because our ideas cannot compete with them. The reality is so clear, it's so anchored in the truth that we can't compete unless they're eradicated in It's the same.
Speaker 1: Way these people like Hillary Clinton and Sarah Hurwitz are like, you guys need to stop showing videos of reality because it's getting in the way of our indoctrination and lies.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right, that's exactly right.
Speaker 1: To cut it out, you guys, that's right.
Speaker 3: And it shows how dependent we've been as a society, or the power structure has been on propaganda. Right now, I mean, I feel like growing up, I mean, I know, oh the word propaganda, but only recently was I able to really point out just how pervasive.
Speaker 1: It is, it is and completely regular. So let's run through these other ones real quick. We got advancing policies at the state and federal level to restore the nuclear family to the center of American life. So I was reading something the other day that was really just basically saying that the nuclear family is actually problematic to America, to human life because this idea that you would only have you in a house with you alone is just so they can control you more.
Speaker 8: And I had really thought of it that way.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, the nuclear family is an institution to police women and queer folks, and it is to make sure that capitalism is a survival mechanism for capitalism because it requires you to be tired all the time. You got to think if you have people families, and familial models should depend on the village model. These people in our community who don't have kids as somebody with kids, I need my kidless Auntie used to be like, look, I'm gonna come take them a an afternoon for Saturday afternoon, so you can have a moment yourself that allows me to recharge and restore and do some critical thinking and do some reflection. There's no and if they don't want you thinking in the universities. If they're gonna take it out of the universities, they don't want you to have time on your own to do that study neither. And if you are in a nuclear family where you are working, even when you are at home, where home is a job, right to stay in the household, where it's a miniature society like they want to play, then you don't have that time. That's by design.
Speaker 1: And you know you have Adrien here saying you become dependent on the government, and not in a good way. And by the way, they force you to be dependent on the government and then shame you for being dependent on the government. It's just a cycle of nonsense. The last one is reducing both the demand and supply for abortion at all stages of human development. The demand, the everything you listened before. This increases the reality that folks will not feel safe having a baby, they won't feel supported, they won't feel healthy, all the above.
Speaker 3: Don't they sound like slave owners? Ain't that what a slave owner would say? They don't they want you?
Speaker 1: I mean, this is what a slave owner would say.
Speaker 3: Damn, this is a reenactment. And this is what I keep trying to get people to.
Speaker 1: Understand, like you don't say what I'm saying, say the plantation and the slave.
Speaker 3: This is part of the societal architecture. It's never gone away.
Speaker 1: This is just a revival of how our society to make America great again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a yeah, absolutely nostalgia for the past. And it's a and if you look back at the trajectory of the institution of slavery, even after slavery, they were nostalgic for it. You had slave in a box, you had things being marketed as and for convenience. As it is true if you've never looked up you should google. You should look you should definitely google it. But yeah, so so so even our obsession with AI and and like robots, it's it's like you can have a slave, but it'll be a robots, so it'll be okay. We are we have never reckoned with the material implications how slavery shaped our expectations, our identity, what we believe luxury and success looks like, yes, our quest for leadure, et cetera. So this is I mean, the social fabric and social mores changed to some extent. But if you recognize that the ultra wealthy are are are in a lot of ways removed from that social fabric. Right, if you think about I mean, and we encounter it on a regular basis. Think about when jay Z says, I don't land at the airport.
Speaker 8: I call it the clear airport.
Speaker 3: Right, He's saying, I'm somewhere you can't get to. Right, I'm removed, I'm far away. I'm somewhere you can't, you can't exactly. That's the point. That's the point. So the people who and jay Z just a little billionaire, if you compare him to Larry Ellison, Billy calm down, if you'll compare him to somebody like Larry Ellison or Elon Musk, these people are several layers removed from society.
Speaker 1: And there's several generations.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, absolutely so, whatever our social morays and sensibilities are around slavery are not ones they have been socialized within. They exist within a kind of corporate architecture that we've privileged, that's privileged in the constitution. This is why people not understanding the history of slavery is so detrimental to us collectively. Because if you think about people, think about the three fifths compromise, and the slave trade clause, and they think about it as just a racialized provision. No, these are corporate provisions. These are provisions that say the Congress, which is supposed to be the most representative body because it's the body for the people. Come on, lawyers, cannot regulate or cannot stop the importation of slaves. Who is that for? Who's importing slaves? Big business some of the only people who can afford the ships, to staff them, to pay to kidnap these folks, to get people to risk alive for the likelihood of mutiny when slaves would revolt on these ships. You're talking about a car about four big business that's constitutionalized as part of our federal architecture, right, and so we've always privileged corporations and corporate power. And then we connected it to the Three Fifths Compromise, which said that cargo, that's how we think about people in this country as cargo. So when they treat us like inputs and labor and humans as a resource, that's part of our foundation, that's part of our architecture. Because they called people cargo in the Constitution, and then they said that cargo could translate directly into political power. With the three fifths compromise. The more slaves you bring in, the more representation you have the possibility to get in Congress, right in the House of Representatives. And so there's a direct link. There's a direct relationship here between the power that we see being wielded and the results and the lack of care about humans. This is part of our ethos. So when they talk about restoring enterprise, when they talk about they are talking about even making corporations a person, right when they say, I mean people think it started with Citizens United. Citizens United is just a modern manifestation of that constitutionalized principle, which says that corporate, huge businesses, corporations wielding political power is part of our ethos. It's good for us. We've always had that. But because we don't study those provisions like that within that context, because we kind of say, oh, my goodness, those were slave clauses and they were about you know, racism, and we don't do that anymore. Right, they're inoperable now, we don't need to spend time with them, we don't recognize their implications for our modern but.
Speaker 1: They also very casually these days be going back to those laws.
Speaker 8: Right, laws from.
Speaker 1: Eighteen, So whatever ninety eight, he's doing it right now.
Speaker 3: When the alien the Alien in Sedition Acts, he's using some of those acts to deport, which is really just to exile people without due process. But he was relying on the seventeen ninety eight Alien in Sedition Acts. We absolutely use those laws.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of immigration, I'm gonna talk later in the show about uprisings that are happening in Portugal and Bulgaria. But I'm going to do a uh quick pivot because you I did not know that you was from Minnesota. I'm not, but I'm not that you live in Minnesota. Live in Minnesota, and so I do want to shout out Minnesota because they have been and of course I'm saying it just like Bobby's mother would on Bobby's World. Bobby, We're going to Minnesota, and I just want to shout out Minnesota and the work they're doing against ice.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, wait, wait, wait, that doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 12: First of all, if he committed a crime in the state of Minnesota.
Speaker 3: As an adult, that's a that's a public offense. So you walk in the phone.
Speaker 12: So what is the warrants?
Speaker 18: I said, They have one person named one that they have to detain, and that person is in side central mix. Don Henry has the right to say no to anyone twenty.
Speaker 1: So Don Henry is the owner of the market that they are guarding his business.
Speaker 18: So if he went inside to talk to his wife, make sure his staff are in the know what's going on out here.
Speaker 7: They have not produced a warrant. They asked Don Henny if he was a citizen.
Speaker 18: They asked him to identify himself, Don Henry shortman's passport.
Speaker 7: They didn't ask me for my passport.
Speaker 1: It doesn't pay.
Speaker 7: It's called discribination. So we're gonna see here, you guys.
Speaker 3: We're gonna just see what.
Speaker 18: We're gonna make sure that Don Henry needs space and type to think about what's best for him, his family and his business.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna follow Don Henry's leave.
Speaker 19: We made our way to the center of the crowd and found a woman being held face down on the ground.
Speaker 1: People were screaming to let her go. We kept yelling, she's pregnant, she's pregnant, she's pregnant. They put their knees in her and we kept telling them she can't breathe let her up. Let her up in the chaos, the woman who was tantruffed was suddenly being dragged by one arm as the angry crowd through snowballs and screamed at the.
Speaker 8: Federal age, do you have a heart?
Speaker 1: By the way, throwing snowballs at them is probably the most Minnesota thing I've ever heard of, because one thing about Minnesota is y'all really know about some snow to look like a nice guy. You haven't heard now, I don't know about your this. You gotta have different folks, that's right. That's why you gotta have different folks in the organization, because this couldn't be me talking. Agreed, don't do no shooting around me.
Speaker 7: I can't.
Speaker 1: Don't got no shooting. Let's be family. Let's treat each other good. Let's show the media that we care for one another.
Speaker 10: Thank you, guys, Thank you for standing down.
Speaker 3: Don't father love you child.
Speaker 13: For y'all.
Speaker 7: We'll pray for you.
Speaker 3: I adopt a snuffy car my perspective. You gotta have a conscience for you to reason with them and appeal to their conscience. And I just can't believe if you're out here dragging folks out of the car. Line from schools, knee and on pregnant women. You gotta ancience for me to speak to friends.
Speaker 1: But you know what, but they left, I mean and but it was a combination of all. It was a multi pronged approach, right, because folks was not playing with them.
Speaker 8: Folks stood stood up, they linked arms.
Speaker 20: You know.
Speaker 1: Then you had the person who was the communicator, like I would tell Claudia de la Cruz, like, don't expect. Don't send me to talk to no cops.
Speaker 3: It ain't gonna go.
Speaker 16: Well, it's not.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna ruin the whole operation. Y'll never let me talk to cops. I will ruin the whole operation. Everybody's gonna get arrested. We all did against shot, don't.
Speaker 3: That's not your ministry, that's not my No.
Speaker 8: You send me to talk to the thugs, right, send me to talk to the yns.
Speaker 1: I'm good with them. But the cops, no, no, y'all got them. Put a bail fund together for me, right, I mean, we.
Speaker 3: Are operating in an extra legal terrain. That's the other thing. Folks are not recktling with people like that. Whatever this is, thank you, like so yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean yeah again, we don't know history. If we knew history, we would know how like unreliable you just it's like.
Speaker 13: A hit or miss.
Speaker 3: You might as well, I mean, play the lottery. If you're feeling unlucky, you know, you should play the lottery. It's just these all of this, and this is really, I think the most powerful point. It is both terrifying and powerful. All of this was created. We created it. We created it. Yeah, that means we can uncreate it.
Speaker 8: Say it right, bring it back, bring it back.
Speaker 1: We can uncreate it.
Speaker 3: We can make new stuff. And here's the thing. I trust us to make new stuff more than I trust the Brola garchs, certainly to us. I trust the people. I trust humans. I trust us and and this has been proven over and over again. It's why they don't leave us to our own devices.
Speaker 1: That's why.
Speaker 3: It's why they have to manipulate what we learn and what we see and what we hear, and how we speak to one another. And you know, the lines we draw connect ourselves and separate ourselves, because if we were this is why they went after TikTok, because they thought it was just an apple. Folks was over there dancing. They found our folks was over there having conversations, and they was like, oh, we have to shut this shit down. Let the kids talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't talk. Then they tricked them and started dancing and teaching, Hey, Zionism gonna take us down. Hey, hey, project twenty five, learn about it.
Speaker 3: And then Lady Ellison was like, I'm a buy it. I'm a buy it because we can't have this, and I'll buy whatever other mediums I need to. Right, like, It's yo, it's an active it's an active desperation. We should absolutely see it as an active desperation and it should also terrify us. And I'm I'm hoping we I don't know what it's going.
Speaker 1: Desperate desperate measures. You know, when people get into that phase, they lose any semblance of humanity that they did, and that's a human thing.
Speaker 3: Right, This is why we had this is violent crime when people are. The more desperate people are, the more desperate they're willing.
Speaker 1: To be, which is also why they are creating scenarioation for you know, when people were talking about Snap, I saw someone say, oh, well, they're just trying to make people feel bad. I'm like, no, they're trying to make those on snap Snap that's right. That's right, that's right, because they're always, of course trying to feed a free labor force.
Speaker 3: Right, that's right, that's right, that's right, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: So tell me this. We were going to talk about a bunch of things. Then we ended up talking about a bunch of things. You are a First Amendment right specialist, and so we got to talk about what's going on in Cali with this Antifa indictment.
Speaker 3: Well, did you say Benny Thompson's exchange with the FBI director about Antifa? Did you?
Speaker 1: I'm about to play it for me. I'm about to play it for you right now. Let's let's let's let's start.
Speaker 12: With that.
Speaker 17: As an Antifa headquarters. What we're doing right now with your where in the United States?
Speaker 7: Does it?
Speaker 3: That's somebody, Grandpa, that's somebody.
Speaker 1: Grandpa just asked you, did you ate the cookie?
Speaker 3: And then you start being like, well, what I said.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 13: I asked you one question, did you eat the cooky?
Speaker 7: That's it?
Speaker 17: No, no, no, Antifa exist. If it's a terrorist organization and you've identified it as number one.
Speaker 1: We are building out an infrastructure right now.
Speaker 17: So what does that mean. I'm just we're trying to get the information. You said Antifa is a terrorist organization. Tell us as a committee, how did you come to that?
Speaker 2: What do it exists?
Speaker 17: How many members do they have in the United States as of right now?
Speaker 3: Well, that's very fluid.
Speaker 12: It's ongoing for us to understand that the same no different than alkadan isis.
Speaker 17: I don't want you I'll ask one person, sir, I just want you to tell us if you said Antifa is the number one domestic terrorist organization operating in the United States. I just need to know where they are. How many people. I don't want a name, I don't want anything like that. Just how many people have you identified with the FBI that Antifa.
Speaker 2: Is made of.
Speaker 3: Well, the investigations you're active.
Speaker 17: Sir, you wouldn't come to this committee and say something you can't prove by note I knew you wouldn't do that.
Speaker 20: What you do.
Speaker 8: And would be funny if it wasn't real.
Speaker 3: This is it was such a glaring example of how disconnected we are from reality and we don't have to be. I mean, that's the scarier part is that we don't have to be connected to reality and I would also argue this is true to the FBI's tradition. This is the type of stuff Jaeger whoever used to do.
Speaker 1: They were able to do it under the shroud of secrecy in a way that they're really not able to do at this level. Yeah, agreed. So let me just give you all some background around what's going on. So, federal prosecutors in California have indicted four people on charges they plotted to bomb multiple targets in California beginning on New Year's Eve. The Justice Department describes the individuals as being part of the Turtle Island Liberation Front okay, and that they're absolutely pro Palestine, far left, anti government, and anti capitalist. The four people arrested, Audrey Ellen, Audrey Eileen Carol, Dante Garfield, Zachary Aaron Page, and Tina Lai have what the Justice Department and FBI have deemed an anti government ideology. And this was apparently initiated due to the September twenty twenty five executive order signed by President Trump to root out left wing domestic terrort organization is in our country. Now, I just want to add this very important caveat that the indictment relies heavily on a paid FBI informant. Yeah this, I mean this sounds like yeah, yeah, I mean yeah, yeah. This is both right. Has mccartyism popped off because of a really like zealous senator being like, I'm trying to pop off, like he couldn't care less if people were communists, but he was like, oh, I can get a name doing this.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then you had Hoover who was like, yeah, I'm also trying to get people to not know that I'm gay and black, so let me just then get busiedo.
Speaker 3: Hoover was also raised under if you will like his political tutelage, he was originally so he's hired in the nineteen teens. A lot of people don't realize Hoover is hired by the federal government in the nineteen teens and he leaves the FBI until nineteen seventy two, So he has a career spanning more than fifty decades with the federal government. And when he starts out, mutiple wars out absolutely under Woodrow Wilson and Woodrow Wilson introduces the Espionage Acts that says you can't say anything bad about the government he uses a muck rackers, which are propagandists, to drum up support for the war. He labels anybody who's anti war, anybody who's anti government, anybody who's anti white supremacy, as a threat to the national security. So this is the climate, the rearing, the tutelage under which j. Rgar Hoover is introduced to the federal government. And so if you just look at the lineage, I mean we're talking about apples falling from trees.
Speaker 8: This is I mean, this is this is the fruit the tree.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is the fruit.
Speaker 3: This is the fruit of that. And because we've never been willing to grapple with it and tackle it and unpacked and dissect and break down.
Speaker 6: Yah.
Speaker 3: Is these markers, these as markers on white paper, signs that they drew. Is this the evidence?
Speaker 1: This is the evidence, This is the evidence. We also have to understand that quote unquote evidence always has to be in quotes, right, because even as we're talking about Luigi, we understand that there's just simply is all is sideways stuff going on, and they are not able to track possession of evidence. You constantly have Forget Luigi, Let's go back to Oh jy.
Speaker 8: Like this, where are you?
Speaker 1: It's not like these cops are in any way above board. I mean, this is the other evidence here.
Speaker 8: It is hold on, so PBC pipes.
Speaker 3: These were just these were just out in the open and somebody front yard. They just took a picture. I mean, none of this stuff makes sense, Like at this what oh who writing them signed? You got a whole internet, you can speak to who writing with Prayola markers on eighty five printer paper. They're I like even the way that they're And this is another thing though, This is why they attack education the way that they do, because they don't count on us being smart enough hootically about what they put in front of us.
Speaker 1: And then look at the bullets and the whole gun situation after c K right and how it was like, oh there was nothing there, all of a sudden, there's something there, and then on the bullets it just looked like chicken scratch, and so like we I don't like black people, you know what I mean? Like stuff like that, it's just nonsense. Let me also add that the indictment, I'm sorry that the UH attorney what's his name, the federal the federal prosecutor Bill Asiley, and I'm actually I want to I want to show you all a picture of him so you can just see what a prick looks like, because I think it's also like sometimes you just see certain pitts of people you like. You you could tell that this is somebody who wasn't getting none, and this is his way to try and get some. Vagine, this is first assistant. Look at them, Look at him, Look at him. You can tell he's just corny. He's a corny guy.
Speaker 8: This is Bill A.
Speaker 1: Saley, who says the group was targeting US companies with their bombs. He did not elaborate on the companies. The complaint also alleges that the four involved in the plot were not attempting to kill people, and if they saw anyone in the area of their bombs, they would try to warn them. They're going to make their initial appearance in federal court Monday afternoon in Los Angeles. I bet you there was a lot of pressure to find an indictment after that very embarrassing exchange with Benny Thompson. I bet you there was all of a sudden and urgent pressure to produce something or someone, even if it doesn't stick.
Speaker 3: That's the other thing. All of this is about the orc of the theater of it. So much political theater happening that I think is meant to distract us from the real actual maneuvering that's happening. And they use Crayola markers and eight and a half by eleven printer paper to do it because they believe that we don't have the literacy, the media literacy, the critical thinking skills, the historical contexts to situate their efforts, and didn't I think there was a judge too who ruled that that person was not supposed to be in charge of that office, and then they just kind of changed. Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's a court ruling from a judge that that what did you say? It is, SI, he's not supposed to be leading that office, so they changed his title, but he's still doing the same thing.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, Again, we're in an extra legal Well.
Speaker 1: The other of nonsense that is happening is that they also know that mainstream media is not going to dig further.
Speaker 3: That's right, right.
Speaker 1: They also know that mainstream media is not going to correct with the same effort that they promote, So mainstream media might put this story out there. But let's say, like you said, the theatrics then dissolve into this was nonsense, and we're gonna throw this out of court and you all can go your merry way. We're not gonna see that story.
Speaker 3: That's right. Well, I mean, the media is invested in invested is as much as the political apparatus in those fundamental building blocks, so they're not I mean, this is why you don't see media that's critical up shout out to African stream. They get to African streaming, right, This is why you don't see media.
Speaker 1: Well off Mets started something new called Sovereign Media.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't know that, Thank you for sharing. Yeah, I'm fine.
Speaker 1: And so it's called Sovereign Media and he's working on it, and we actually have journalists that join once a month from African from the previous African stream, but now sobern Media to do what we call the Africa Tappen and they give us the one two on what's going on in the continent.
Speaker 3: I love that, and I love you for making space for that, because that that kind of elimination is also why we're here. Because you don't see media that's critical of the United States. You don't see media from the marginalized perspective, and mainstream media will not do it. They will, they will create the campaigns for these awful things to happen, and then years later apologize for the lynching campaign, apologize for Iraq, and I imagine we will see in a decade or so apologize for Palestine.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of Iraq, you know, we're going to talk about Rob Reiner later in the show. And Rob Reinner did the film Shock and Awe, which is about the ways in which the New York Times and mainstream media helped to support the lies of the administration at the time. You know, Rumsfelds and these folks in carrying out the manufactured consent for the war. How can people follow you? Where can they get more Russia ghe in their lives?
Speaker 3: So I love you dearly, and I'm going to correct you, Rashia.
Speaker 13: Why have you let me talk to you.
Speaker 7: The time I was waiting?
Speaker 9: I just did it.
Speaker 3: So there it is. You can follow me. I'm on Instagram as highly viby, but there's underscore, isn't there yet? Maybe in the middle highly underscore viby okay, and yes like that, And I'm working on other stuff that I will put on. I'm working on doing podcast stuff. I don't have the scheduling. I don't have the time right now to add it into all the other stuff that I'm doing, but I am working on it. So my hope is to talk more about the ways in which race, law and politics are engendering the American decline. And you know a lot of folks are talking about leaving or talking about what they can do. You know, I want Black folks to realize that our home is with each other. I would be hesitant to call this place or any other place, our home. A home is a place that nourishes you. A home is a place that nurtures you, that welcomes you, that's happy to see you up where you find refuge. I don't know if any of those characterizations would fit our experience anywhere, especially here. So I want us to start thinking about each other as our home and whatever we do.
Speaker 1: I hope we began to think of ourselves collectively with that, and that connects to my concept of we are the soil. Yeah, we we did not get to connect to the land that we had to become experts at, so we have had to be the land.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope, I hope we take that in internalize. So I think our attempts to save this without engaging with what that means for the globe, for our speed, for the.
Speaker 1: Planet, what are we saving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're talking about saving American democracy, and if you.
Speaker 8: Were never an American, it was never a democracy.
Speaker 3: And it's gonna kill the planet. It's gonna kill us all. Whatever you think you're trying to say. You want prop up Jasmine crocket while they sending tax dollars over there to bomb babies. I need us to, I need us to. I just I want us all to be well. I want us all to be well with each other, and I want us to understand that. You know, ain't nothing particularly wrong with Jasmine or Ama except that they exist in the system that demands this of them. This is the price.
Speaker 1: No wrong with that. Why are you even giving them that out? Like they made a choice going there, Like no one held a gun to theay head and said you got to go in here and do this, And other people have gone in there and not done that, so they actually did not have to be that. Corey Bush went in there and didn't do that, or she was like he went in there and didn't do that. Summer Lee went in there.
Speaker 3: And their fairness, they got Corey Bush and Jamal Bowman's ass out of there.
Speaker 8: And this is not out of there if the Democrats actually had their back.
Speaker 3: But that was my other point, more so about the democratic apparatus of which Dasmin Crockett and Kamala they support, that they didn't say nothing. You talked about you for the people. They just snatched your people who for the people out of here and everybody was quiet.
Speaker 1: I don't like that Kamala married a Zionists. Do you know how much it takes to marry somebody, y'all? Do you understand in this country what it means to marry somebody. She married them their family, their family, and married him.
Speaker 3: As black folks who experience, who know that we are ways on the bottom of any calibration about human worth. I just don't know how you can endorse any position where you calibrating human worth and putting people on the bottom. And don't think your ass is next.
Speaker 1: And Dan, you'll say to yourself, well, this is for the preservation of America, which Jasmine Crockett has said. So again, like you said, we are caught up in this preservation of a place that has never preserved.
Speaker 3: Us and can't. And the preservation at what costs? You willing to burn the whole planet?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And what you think gonna happen when the whole planet burned? Who you think next? Will you think they feed into the fire next?
Speaker 1: I just the logic just seems so obvious to me. And that's why I can't give them a pass. These are not young people. These are not people who are somehow you know, misled. These are not people who are struggling financially. These are not people with children. These are not people who have any excuse other than a desire for attention.
Speaker 22: Power.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think a lot of it is getting a fuck, especially for black folks. We have not healed. So we understand our wholeness as proximity to white power, and so we believe that that can restore art of our humanity. That's well, no, because I spend time with the ancestors, So I mean, I know my worth and my value. I just spent time this woman present. You just want to forget them what were going through twenty years ago, twenty nine.
Speaker 1: I also want us to change how we refer to black people because I know so many black people that actually don't right, that actually don't operate like that, that do spend their time with the ancestors. They come on this show all the good day time, they come to my book tours. So like this whole we enable at a certain point when we're just like I get it. It's like, come on, but everybody ain't healed to the same extent. No they're not, But and everybody ain't had the same opportunities.
Speaker 3: Some people don't even know that healing is available.
Speaker 1: Correct, I'm just saying that we apply that to people who do have that access. We apply that to people who are actually available, who do have the availability financially, time wise, et cetera to do that. And we do that because we have an ingrained love and grace that I believe is actually a part of our just being humanity, Like yeah, yeah, I need.
Speaker 3: To see I mean, my ability to recognize the humanity and every other person is part of my own humanity, right, My humanity survives because I can see humanity and everybody else. I don't think it's an excuse. I think it's just an acknowledgment of where we are and how much work needs to be done. If we just say these people are bad and write them off, it doesn't give us a pathway for the healing that will need to take place. Collectively, I think there are more unhealed people than there are healed people, and I think just the majority of unkilled people don't have power. I think that's why we don't see it manifesting in this way. I think there's a lot of healing that needs to happen, and we're gonna have to make space for that and create an architecture and talk about what healing looks like and what it doesn't look like. In one of the ways it doesn't look like is turning towards white power as a form of validation, as a form of redemption.
Speaker 23: So do we.
Speaker 1: Continue to platform unhealed people?
Speaker 3: Oh no, No, we should not be platforming these people. I think I think that's the difference, right. We don't throw people away because people aren't disposable, we don't platform them.
Speaker 8: Efair, Okay, yes, we're on the same page.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, on the same page.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get there because the page is the same. Because I think that's the thing is that that nuance is what so many people are missing. Like when you critique a black politician and they say you're tearing her down, It's like, well, this is actually a constructive criticism based on facts that actually addresses them as a politician even more than them as a character as an individual. Right at least the book reading I did, in the book talk I did in Dallas, someone was like, well, you know, I want to support Jasmine Crockett just as a person, I said, then send her a birthday card.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean, you know, like she's not.
Speaker 1: Running as your sister. She's not running she's running as a representative for office. And you know, there just really is a very reality, a very real reality, that there's a system in place that is bigger than the individual.
Speaker 19: Yes.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: And some might say, well, then why are we expecting an individual to change the system. And what I'm saying is I don't expect an individual to change the system. I do expect that if an individual goes into that system and they are telling you about change, that they need to be acting differently than other individuals in that system.
Speaker 3: And I mean, I think we have to come to groups with the system. It's not receptive to change. You have to be an arrogant ass motherfucker to believe that all these people who came before you, all the brilliance that you draw from, all these other people just couldn't figure out you got the answer.
Speaker 1: Or you're telling me, like you need to run for office. You and some people say Amanda, you need to rum office. Either side of that spectrum means that you think that just me.
Speaker 3: That's not to flip this whole crit That's right, that's right, that's right, that's right. It's the system. I mean, it's it's like anything else. You not changing, it's changing you. You got to respond to it. You have to respond to its incentives, right what it incentivizes, the behavior and incentivizes, and the behavior.
Speaker 1: And desiless unless your goal is not to stay there, Yes, which we shouldn't.
Speaker 3: We need to if we're going to do anything. We talk about the system we need to build. We need to build a system where people do not make careers, lifelong careers out of these positions, so that so that way that they are not trying to please interests that are not the ones that they promised to address when they got in there. I absolutely think that that's true, but I think that that also means that governance needs to be more collectively shared. A big part of this is that million opting out. They don't want to do the work. They want to show up every four years, cast a back. It be like I did my job, and it's not that it's a weekly, daily kind of burden that requires us all to participate.
Speaker 1: But that also not even really genuinely possible and correct absolutely, So that's why you have we also know that they're cheating. So I think that also leaves people like this, Uh, what's the word I'm looking for.
Speaker 3: It's in chanted.
Speaker 1: You mean this is cheating?
Speaker 3: Who's cheating?
Speaker 8: All these elections are cheating?
Speaker 3: How can you cheat a rid system?
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I'm saying. It's raal, that's right.
Speaker 7: So that's what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like, there are those fundamental building blocks, and this is why anti capitalism, anti white supremacy, and anti militarism will always provoke the violence of the state, because in order to get any of those other pieces, in order to get collective governance, in order to get an educated polity, in order to get you need to attack those concentrations of power. And so those are the heart of the thing. Those are the heart of the thing. When you attack, when you attack the amount of money we send in over the Israel, when you attack how corporations can amass the wealth that they amassed. When you attack the way that a race is taught in history, when you get to the heart of the thing, when you attack colonialism, how colonialism is taught in school. When you get to the heart of the thing, that's when you begin to break down those power structures. As someone who's taught this for years, I would get people in my class who would be like really hostile at the outset, and then by the end of the class they'd be like, oh my god, I didn't know, I had no idea, I hadn't been taught blah blah, blah blah blah. That's why schools are as contested as any election in any court case, because the moment you can get to the students, that's why they're opening a turning point chapter on every high school campus in Texas, right while simultaneously outlining honest discussion of history, outline critiques of the United States. Because if you can get to the minds of people, if you can orient and socialize and socialize them into a particular kind of critical thought. These all of the rest of this becomes newt right, they will adjust accordingly. And so uh yeah, I think if we start, we need to start there, not fucking Jasmincrockett.
Speaker 1: And there you got it.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much, God Lee, I'm so glad we got you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it.
Speaker 8: I appreciate you.
Speaker 24: Y'all know what to do.
Speaker 1: Follow Rashaya ye at highly highly underscore vivy on IG's and get the knowledge and thank you for teaching the babies and the.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 1: We are here.
Speaker 25: We are here.
Speaker 1: Our second guest has not come on screen yet, So in the meantime, in between time, I'm going to talk to you about what's been going on with these uprisings, because it really is worth noting that other countries are holding their government's feats to the fires, right, they are holding their feets to the fires. So let me show you all what's going on in uh Bulgaria right now. So some of y'all may be like, what is a Bulgaria?
Speaker 12: Though?
Speaker 1: What is a Bulgaria? But you need to know. And then there's also what's going on in Portugal. H So, first of all Bulgaria. Bulgaria is a European country that is basically going through what a number of other European countries are, which is their their parliament keeps getting removed and having to be like re established because there is a vote of no confidence. A vote of no confidence is similar to remember when Kevin McCarthy uh the Republican he was put in the sea with the caveat f Speaker of the House, he was put in the seat with the kavia was sorry with the caveat that he would be able to be removed, okay, because we have different rules because we don't have a parliament. So he was put in with that kaviat. And then when Matt gets you know, decided that he wasn't happy with something, he was able to get him removed.
Speaker 8: There was like a new vote that got him removed, and.
Speaker 1: That was very effective because they were able to basically flip the script. So Bulgaria. All right, So Bulgaria, they have literally gotten a new government because the Prime Minister rosen Jelyyaskov announced his resignation on December eleventh.
Speaker 8: But I want you to hear what he said.
Speaker 1: So basically they were about to do another vote of no confidence, and there were six votes of no confidence over the past few years. There was about to be another one, and there was all these protests that were happening because they was like, yo, we know that we are about to actually become a part of the European Union. We're afraid for inflation, and we know that y'all playing around, and we also know that y'all got corruption going on and we're not here for that. And we also know that y'all don't be listening to anything we're saying. So they were like, you know, we are absolutely upset about this, and they keep calling these protests gen z protests, but really it's just people who are like, we're not here for this, okay. So it wasn't just the economic grievance, but they don't like the government in general. But this is what I thought was interesting. Their Prime Minister Rosen's jel jell zely Yazov, jely Yezkov, that's what it is, Rosen Jeyevskov.
Speaker 8: He said, we have no doubt that in.
Speaker 1: The upcoming vote of no confidence the government will receive reports, will receive support. So basically he's saying that in Parliament. They had no doubt that even in the next no confidence vote that was brought to the table, they would still get voted as y'all good within the government, he goes on to say, But for us, the decisions of the National Assembly have meaning only when they express the will of the sovereign. Young and old people from different ethnic groups have spoken out for the resignation. We support this civic energy and encourage it. I don't know nothing about Zelyazkov. I don't know what his dealings is. I don't know if he's full of it. But those are really strong words.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Now, Portugal is also in these streets right now. You've got a million workers on general strike in Portugal. Now, folks often refer to the necessity for a general strike here in the United States to really bring capitalism to a grinding halt. If we are trying to actually stop the administration that's in power from continuing to do their nonsense. So let's talk about what they've got going on over there before we bring up our next guest. So Portugal is a really interesting place because Portugal has had a revolution of its own that was a people's revolution, and you know, in Europe folks really only talk about the revolution, the French Revolution, but Portugal had its own revolution, they call it the Carnation Revolution in nineteen seventy four, So there was a revolution that actually happened long before that.
Speaker 8: Hold on, let me get my notes. That started in nineteen twenty six.
Speaker 1: Okay. There was a coup that happened in nineteen twenty six, and it brought in Catholicism, integralism, and this regime.
Speaker 8: Okay, called the Estado Novo.
Speaker 1: The New State had Antonio de Oliveira Salasar as prime minister till nineteen sixty eight. Are y'all here on what I'm saying. This man was up in their running things till nineteen sixty eight, and of course during this time we have a lot of colonialism going on. So the cool that happened that shifted all of this went down in nineteen seventy four, and it's called the Carnation Revolution, the Trabajo twenty one, and basically that is the package that was presented by the government as a profound reform that would revise more than one hundred articles that were already passed and put in place during the nineteen seventy four Revolution, which was really about workers and bringing the authoritarianism out that was in place for so long, and it was an actual military coup, but then the people was also on board with it, so they was like, oh, I guess we all cooling.
Speaker 5: Let's cool it up.
Speaker 1: And it got its name because barely any shots were fired, and the restaurant worker Celeste Guyetro, offered carnations to soldiers when the population took to the streets, and then you've seen the images of the carnations in the rifles, et cetera, et cetera. So every year they celebrate this with holding up carnations. Now what's going on right now, though, is that the current government is trying to reverse the efforts that were put forth during that revolution, and they're trying to make for easier dismissals, expanded employer control. They are removing the socialist gains that happened during that time, and the people are not having it. And I'm loving to see it. I love to see it. The people are not having it that people are like, wait, we didn't say we don't like it.
Speaker 8: We said we about this life.
Speaker 1: Why are y'all actually doing this?
Speaker 16: No, this is not cool.
Speaker 1: And this is the Democratic Alliance that's actually trying to do this, and they are right wing and trying to move the goalposts. And this is a part of an international effort. Okay, this is not just an American thing. This is an international effort. I don't know if you know. But the person who just got elected as I can never remember if they're president or Prime minister, but of Japan, she's on this wave as well. We all know that Italy been on this wave. Okay, So this is a really powerful fascist movement that is happening all over the globe. And I don't want to discount the efforts of the people to push back against this, because I also want to remind us as Ussians that we can also do the same. Now, speaking of pushing back, we have Captain Josephine. Wait, I want to make sure I pronounce your last name correctly. We have Josephine Gilbo with us, and I'm going to show y'all a little bit about Josephine, because I don't think y'all understand.
Speaker 8: We're dealing with a real wine.
Speaker 1: We're dealing with a real wine. Okay, So let me just show y'all how Josephine moves.
Speaker 11: Missus Josephine Gilbo. I'm a seventeen year Army veteran. I recently got out of the military last year.
Speaker 1: For one year, I have watched Israel bar children alive. You don't care about veterans, you don't care about American values. You are destroying this company.
Speaker 7: This country.
Speaker 1: May not give you the moral courage to do the right day.
Speaker 11: Having that background as an intelligence officer and understanding what defense actually is, I can see clearly that this.
Speaker 7: Is not self defense.
Speaker 3: Shay about you.
Speaker 12: So we just approached Brian Matt and I asked him, are you spine for Israel? We need veterans from California all the way to New York to stand against what we are witnessing right now.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, breaking news.
Speaker 21: Congress has just passed FY twenty twenty six National Defense Authorization Act, which authorizes nearly nine hundred billion dollars of American taxpayer dollars to defense but spending right up, right up.
Speaker 3: America, right up. It is time to take back this country from the corrupt politicians.
Speaker 22: Amen.
Speaker 26: Good we are, we are, Hello Joseph, Hello Amanda, it is good to see you.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, what a question that is. So I am low about half.
Speaker 12: A mile from Roosevelt Roads Base in Puerto Rico. It is a base that was closed down in two thousand and four and the United States military has recently opened it back up in order to orchestrate this it's imperialism on Venezuela. And so I am actually here joined investigative journalism to see exactly what is going on here and to also show solidarity with the people in Puerto Rico that they have.
Speaker 7: A right to resist this. This is their island.
Speaker 12: The United States does not have the authority to use their island as a forward operating base to fight this war as they like to call it, with Venezuela. So I'm here just getting some grassroots actions off the ground.
Speaker 1: And yeah, wow, I mean I had no idea that was going on. And that is why investigative reporting is so necessary, because the goal is to keep it quiet, and you are putting it on blasts. Thank you so much for your service in that regard as well as in the military. What even brought you to the military.
Speaker 7: Actually, you know, I grew up really poor in America.
Speaker 12: My father was a disabled veteran and you know, if anyone in your audience doesn't understand how they collect a check, like it's based off of, you know what percentage you're disabled.
Speaker 7: And you know, I watched him fight.
Speaker 12: With the VA my entire childhood to collect like liveable wage money because he was in severe pain all the time from an injury from the military. So we were really really poor living off of that. And when I turned eighteen, I wanted to go to college. Both of my parents had not graduated high school, so this was like a huge goal and like, you know, something I wanted to do, and the only path that I really saw that could be possible was to join the military because at the time they had started introducing the free college incentives, so I was basically a part of the economic draft into the military, you know, seeking the ability to go to college.
Speaker 1: When did the flip happen for you?
Speaker 12: I think, like in all honestly, it wasn't like a one time situation. I think that like over time, things were started happening in my life, like seeds maybe getting planted, and then like something else would happen and it would go back and like kind of water, that idea that had come in my head before, and I think really like the biggest impact as far as it comes to understanding what's going on, but with the genocide and Gaza specifically, which is really what pushed me to the edge of like saying.
Speaker 7: Enough is enough. Yeah, was in twenty seventeen. I was doing.
Speaker 12: I was an intelligence analyst for DA Defense Intelligence Agency working on a Habeas Corpus contract, which is focused on like legal processes for the detainees in Guantanamo Bay. There is a like a a due process I guess and I quote because it's not really due process, but called Habeas Corpus that if you're being detained without charge, you can file through Habeas Corpus to for your legal right to be freed. And many of the detainees and Guantanamo Bay are still there almost two decades now without any charges. So I was a part of that team, and some of the information that I was reading was really kind of shocking my consciousness, Like some information all the way back that now has gone public about torture camps and black sites and you know, Abu graves, like all of those things I was kind of reading about from the inside, and it kind of shook me a little bit. And so I mean I didn't really, it didn't shake me too much, but enough that I was like, I'm going to start following international media outlets. I want to start hearing what are people saying in these other countries that this is happening to or other powerful global leaders. What are they all sort of saying this. This is twenty seventeen, fast forward to October seventh. I'm following these media outlets and literally on my phone is video after video after video of mass slaughter of children. I mean what I was witnessing children's body parts everywhere, Like I was just like in shock and in a matter of two weeks witnessing this, and then also witnessing my government, my leaders, western.
Speaker 7: Media outlets lying literally what my eyes could see. So you're telling me my eyes are lying. This was not self defense.
Speaker 12: I've seen some really crazy things in the US military, but I had never seen anything to this scale of devastation of death and destruction. And form our leaders to say that this was justified as self defense, that we were gonna not normalize this. I was like, hell, no, not under my name. I have four children. We are not going to normalize this. Like what we do there will always come back here.
Speaker 7: Hell no.
Speaker 12: So this is like what pushed me out to start speaking and saying you know what I'm gonna I'm gonna say something like publicly it's and I'm going to use my credentials to say, look, I was a part of it.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 1: So you know, people love to use their kids as a reason for why they won't do that. People love to say, well, I have kids, so I just I can't speak out.
Speaker 8: How does that work for you.
Speaker 12: I'm doing this in part for not only my kids, because I have an instinctual feeling that all children are my children. I'm doing this for the future of our children, for the future of our species, for the future of humanity. If we don't do this the like this is, you know, things are going.
Speaker 7: To get worse.
Speaker 12: I mean, I'm not trying to be like a doomer, but things aren't going but things are going to get worse. Like I came here to Puerto Rico to study the military escalation only to find out a whole nother shlew of things that are happening on this island to these people, by US government, by the elite, by corporations like this is you were talking about it right before I came on. This is happening internationally on a global scale. The leaders in Japan have been brainwashed and corrupted. The leaders in Puerto Rico have been brainwashed and corrupted. There are literally coups happening across the planet in order for empire to keep itself going.
Speaker 1: So when we see that, where do we pivot to? Because I'm curious, actually, did you know that you were going to Was it a plan to pivot to journal?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 12: I was a cybersecurity engineer working for a centure, like making over two hundred thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 7: I quit everything.
Speaker 12: And you know the reason I quitted a centre I was trying to do both was because I emailed them and I asked for full transparency if they employed IDF soldiers, because we have a cyber lab in Israel? What company does And I was like, Uh, I'm not comfortable working for a company where I may be in the presence of these war criminals, these murders of children. So I asked HR for transparency if they employed current IDF or former IDF soldiers from Israel that could potentially be complicit in war crimes and that if they couldn't provide me that transparency, that I was going to resign, and they said, your resignation is effective immediately.
Speaker 1: So I pivoted.
Speaker 7: I was like, okay, bye, and then I was like, what am I going to do? So you know, I knew I wanted to do something that I could use my voice.
Speaker 12: I can inspire other people to use their voice to like get out of the sheep mentality, to become like, you know, leaders and people who are guiding everyone into the right direction.
Speaker 7: I knew I wanted to.
Speaker 1: Do that in some way.
Speaker 7: And how do you not go?
Speaker 1: Because here's the art, Josephine, Like, I could talk to you about like the politics of it all, but what really is fascinating to me about you is you right? Like watching the passion that you speak with and watching the conviction that you have committed to is the thing that I'm trying to get people to find in themselves.
Speaker 8: Right, And so tell me this before we.
Speaker 1: Even talk about that. Once they said okay, it's a wrap, you're resigned. What was the space between that and then okay, I'm going to do journalism? Like were you panicked? Did you get from your family? From anyone?
Speaker 7: Who is Well, I mean, what is journalism? Speaking truth is what I'm doing? Journalism? I guess I call it that now it's the easiest word to use. I think that like a use word.
Speaker 12: We using this language that describes I guess what we're doing. But I really just feel like I'm just speaking truth to power.
Speaker 7: That like, if that's journalism, then that's journalism.
Speaker 1: But you say, I'm here.
Speaker 7: Because I feel like.
Speaker 12: Your audience would understand, you know, like I'm here to.
Speaker 7: Find out the truth and then I'm gonna tell y'all about it. That's what I'm here to do.
Speaker 1: Where are you from? Where are you from? Where are you from?
Speaker 7: I'm from Louisiana.
Speaker 1: Okay, we saw it just now. I'm here to find the hands.
Speaker 13: I'm here to find out.
Speaker 7: And then I'm gonna tell y'all and now we're gonna go from there. Like, you know, if that's journalism, put it in my title.
Speaker 12: Okay, how did I get here?
Speaker 7: Because I cannot sit back. I cannot in that.
Speaker 1: Like, you have four kids? Did the people that are I mean, I don't know if you have a partner or not, but like, did your family did they support you in this?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 12: No, my family actually stopped talking to me November of twenty twenty three because of my advocacy for Palestine.
Speaker 7: Like my family are devo Catholics, they are all they all have been programmed to be.
Speaker 12: Christian Zionists and didn't even know it, did not even understand that they were.
Speaker 7: Underneath those layers.
Speaker 12: But over two years of very very much patience, I have finally peeled those layers back and they support me now. And after two years of them cutting me off, we spent things giving together.
Speaker 7: They're ready for our revolution.
Speaker 8: Look tell them this shit neither wait till you.
Speaker 7: Oh we talked about it. Oh believe me. I was at the table talking about it for sure.
Speaker 12: I was opening up the Bible show and my aunts and uncles out signed.
Speaker 7: I was that one at the table.
Speaker 1: Of course, that makes perfect sense, That makes perfect sense. I'm so happy that you've been able to bring them around. That's tough, you know, that's tough. It's like you're already fighting the world and then you're having to fight your world, and it's like it just feels oftentimes very isolating. But I'm really happy that you've been able to break through and now you you are finding your path in this way. How has that been, Like, what's been do you feel like you're I don't want to say struggles because I don't want to, but what's been your process in this new trajectory of life?
Speaker 12: I mean, you know, I had been so hyper focused on what was going on in Gaza and this genocide that there were these like macro and even micro situations I wasn't aware of that really was the puppet masters of everything going on. And I think that as Americans, we have for the past two years really come to this awareness of what's going on across party lines.
Speaker 7: There's really an opportunity right now for people that.
Speaker 12: Are decolonizing, that are deconstructing these narratives that we've been told.
Speaker 7: And there's a vacuum.
Speaker 12: And I really do feel like we as people who are fighting for humanity, no matter you know what, party line, color, race, religion, no matter what, we have to fill that vacuum with truth, and we have to fill that vacuum with love and like this understanding that another there could be another vision for this planet. And so I really do feel like bringing Truth to Power continues that awareness while also in practice as myself trying to be a person filled with love, trying not to spread hate on any you know, person understanding their own invinvironment, their own construction. You know, we talk about my family two years it took to deconstruct their colonized minds and that wasn't easy, but doing it with love. We didn't call each other names, we didn't argue with each other. We took a distance and then when when I could, I would meet them where they were, try and pull them a little bit more. Because what you hear that that's the military, that's some of the military from Roosevelt Roads.
Speaker 7: We have to meet people where they are, we really do. That's that's the work. That's the hard work. You know, you can't preach to the choir. That's not going to work.
Speaker 12: You know, if you're talking to someone that already agrees with you, then what kind of.
Speaker 7: Work are you doing.
Speaker 12: You have to talk to people that disagree with you, meet them where they are, don't scream at them, don't call them names, just say, like, just present a better vision, a better option for the world, because this is going to take generations to change, because we are deep, deep, deep in the horrors of our species.
Speaker 1: Just mean, I feel like you're yelling at me because.
Speaker 7: Why do you call people names?
Speaker 1: Sometimes they can't help it.
Speaker 7: Yet that grace and mercy, we have to have grace and mercy. Those are like.
Speaker 1: Defense first.
Speaker 7: Hey, grace and mercy, that's what I say.
Speaker 12: And and that's doors for me, like learning about Jesus, learning about the teachings of Jesus. After all these layers deconstructed out of my mind of all this bs I've been taught, raised, raised as a Republican super white supremacist environment, like with you know, patriotism is almost like a sacrifice, like a sacrifice, like a ritual to patriots, to the country. It's its own like spiritual sacrifice that they've programmed us to do.
Speaker 7: And after I like colonize a.
Speaker 12: Lot of those things, what left was the teachings of Jesus, almost like a manuscript like, oh, you know, if we do some of these things he was talking about, y, it really makes sense that we could bring heaven on earth.
Speaker 7: We could get rid of these you know.
Speaker 12: This, these ways of thinking that our elite are trying to pressure all of us and in.
Speaker 7: Doing that or getting rid of the indigenous communities.
Speaker 12: And that's the part because their brains are decolonized, So who do they want to get rid of the most, the ones who still who are not in the matrix. They are targeting these communities on purpose, knowing that they're the ones that still exist that are decolonized.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's so I feel like I had no real understanding of what indigenous communities were until the context of Palestine as an indigenous community. It's like I felt like I was just understanding that, you know, there are folks whose land was stolen, and you know that, But I didn't understand the knowledge and the uniqueness of what it means to be an indigenous community. Where did you get that insight from and that knowledge?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think understanding the plight of Palestinians really made me understand that too, because, if I'm being honest in my mind, I thought indigenous communities were just people that still lived like you know, in like African villages like in the rainown untouched in Jungles. I always kind of just like assume that's an indigenous community. But no, Indigenous communities are people that still live in harmony with the earth, that still see humanity as a priority, that still believed that we.
Speaker 7: Are all one.
Speaker 8: We are all one.
Speaker 12: Family, and that karma goes around, and that energies go around, and what we do here can affect there. And like they truly, most indigenous people, I mean don't believe in killing our own offspring.
Speaker 13: This is a human being.
Speaker 12: Like human beings, human species literally kill their own offspring. What other mammal does that besides a lion when it kills the male cubs. You don't find it often where there's mammals that mass slaughter their own offspring.
Speaker 1: They reject.
Speaker 8: They may not slaughter, but they reject. They may I'm not really knocking with you.
Speaker 12: Go if we're supposed to be the most advanced species, the most conscious species, and we're doing this kind of thing, you know, we have to ask ourselves are we really evolved as a species. And the indigenous people really teach you to have that harmony back with Earth and you know, creation, God's creation of who you are and what you're really meant to do here, and I think we're really erasing that sacred knowledge.
Speaker 8: How do you connect this to your kids?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 1: Number one?
Speaker 12: Number one, it's because it's not easy to decolonize while also trying to raise children to not be colonized it's not easy.
Speaker 7: You know, I have four children and my oldest is six scene so to a.
Speaker 12: Degree, I'm starting a little bit later with her, and I do get a lot of hesitation because I think capitalism and like material things and like Lululemon tights, like for her that she was Homecoming Queen this year.
Speaker 7: She's still in this like oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 12: So it's a little bit harder with her, but for sure she's for free Palestine one hundred percent.
Speaker 9: Ok.
Speaker 1: We love home Queen who is pro Palestinian.
Speaker 12: We have it exactly, and you know she has. She her and her friends boycott Starbucks. They don't go to Starbucks for coffee anymore.
Speaker 1: All the cheerily giving your credit like that's big, because.
Speaker 3: That's I've done.
Speaker 7: So I think, so, hey steps, baby steps. Now I have a two, four and five year old.
Speaker 12: So this is really some crucial times for us as mothers with young children, where we are imprinting on them like forever, and so I am very careful in what we're teaching them, what we're saying, what they're watching.
Speaker 7: It's so important, especially.
Speaker 12: When you got YouTube running for three hours with whatever it wants to put in your algorithm, like everything like in their environment. I'm hyper focused on because I want to make sure that they become just like I am right now speaking out for people, especially as white blondies like and and two of them are boys.
Speaker 7: So like white blonde boys speaking out for oppressed people, I'm gonna need that.
Speaker 1: I mean, because Josephine we here at Views from Mandolin do consider you a hmm hih quad letty white and that is a very that's a big deal. Okay, So I mean I'm at some point I'm gonna do a book of high quality whites and.
Speaker 7: You're in it. Yeah, my first proh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no one needs to know about peace prize gets you a high quality white prize.
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I do want to have my four kids like that because that is where I can make the first difference, The number one difference I can make for the future of this world is my kids, Like I have direct access and control over what goes in and out of their little brains and their hearts, and so number one for.
Speaker 7: Me is a mother. That is a priority.
Speaker 12: Like I am hyper focused on making sure that I'm talking about things with them, even about food, healthy food, unhealthy food, happy food versus healthy food.
Speaker 7: That's what we call it. And like I'm deconstructing all of these.
Speaker 12: Things because I want them to carry on this knowledge and these ideas. And I hope other mothers like if they feel like, oh, I can't go to protests or I can't you know, do any of these things. The one thing you can do in your home is decolonize your children.
Speaker 1: Y'all heard that that's the one thing you can do in your home. Can you give people any tips on and beginning that process? I know one you said, it's also about what they're it's about what they're watching.
Speaker 12: Yes, watching cultural things like putting things on TV that talks about another culture, or like a cartoon that is placed in like another culture. I really love Bluie And you know, if you have like a two three year old, it's the perfect one. Bluey is so I mean, they're they're from Australia and they have, you know, the little funny accent. It's gonna probably be your kid's first time hearing a different accent. But they're such a nice family and they love each other. It's like a great way to introduce your kids to another that speaks English that they can understand, but also introducing them to like little mini animated documentaries about Palestine or about Sudan, or about I mean, like anywhere China just fill in the blank, right, So I think like as far as like television goes, just making sure things are cultural books.
Speaker 7: What books are you reading to your kids that night? What do the characters look like?
Speaker 12: Are you picking books with all white as a white weather of all white children?
Speaker 7: Or am I picking books where the people look.
Speaker 12: Different and dress different and maybe speak differently. That's important too, because that's imprinting in their mind. We read books every night, So my books are about I get books about Ramadan. I get books about Palestine, you know, to like why is mommy saving the children? Well, let me tell you about the still children mommy's trying to save, and like introducing them to that and also taking them to events like story times that are in a community of people that you might not normally go there. So like, if you want to introduce your children to have Muslim friends, go to the community where the Muslim people are, go to the park, go to their library, go to their story time, go to events that they put on, like their you know markets, what do you call the markets on the weekends, not fresh markets.
Speaker 7: Like farmer farmers markets, the farmer's markets.
Speaker 12: Like go into these different communities and introduce your kids to them, because I'm telling you, the minute that your child grows up, for example, with a Muslim friend, any propaganda about Muslim.
Speaker 7: They're gonna be like, what are they talking about? Like I got a Muslim friend, right, that's not right.
Speaker 1: And the other one that you named is decolonizing their palate, right because this the food that they're eating, right, welcoming them, introducing them to different foods. And you know, my first grade teacher, I'm still in touch with her, and she said that she ended up leaving education when she stopped being able to be creative with how she was bringing that to kids. And they used to do a unit where they would have on every Friday they would bring in like a dish from somebody's parents culture, and they said it wasn't allowed to do that anymore, right, Jack.
Speaker 12: Rie to hear that, I'm honestly not surprised to hear that, because in America are like like the Department of Education, and the curriculum that they pushed down our throats is very much to colonize us, very much, to put these walls between us and these other ideas about people, or to extend love to other people. They definitely from a young age in our public schools start that brainwashing.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I mean I feel very fortunate to have been to public school in the early eighties before things got really really crazy. Like I remember us learning how to make guacamole because there was mad Mexicans in the class. Yeah, so we had to learn how to make guacamole. And at the time, my palette was not developed yet. Josephine and I was like, this is nasty, and now you cannot keep me away from guacamole.
Speaker 7: I just had some here.
Speaker 12: I went to the restaurant and I said, uh, do you have guacamole not from the bag because I don't use gluac emu only from a bag.
Speaker 7: Like if you didn't make that guacam.
Speaker 12: Only from avocado like two hours ago, I can't touch it.
Speaker 1: So where do you find yourself? I mean, I don't like asking people what's next, because you're already in the midst of what's next, right, Like you're literally in Puerto Rico and you are working with the people. I guess the question I have for you is what is an interest that has that has come into your horizon that you feel like Americans don't know about but need to.
Speaker 7: I think running for office.
Speaker 12: I think people need to understand how impactful it is to run for school board, to run for local city council, to run for Congress, to run for mayor, and don't under like not to underestimate themselves. I have met so many people right now that are running for positions in Congress, and like, if we back them, and these are people with like humanity principled in their heart?
Speaker 7: Do I agree with them about everything?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 12: But do I see that at least principled in their you know, its souls is humanity. If we get around and like primaries are coming up, March primaries, if we can get five to ten candidates that we can all grassroots throw our efforts behind to promote, we could start showing these politicians that have been corrupted.
Speaker 7: That we do hold the power.
Speaker 12: And I think that's one of the biggest things is people need to understand we hold the power. We do. They've tried brainwashing us to believe that we don't, but we really do do. I think we can vote our way out of this no, not as.
Speaker 20: No, no, no.
Speaker 12: But if we're not going to have if we're not out a seventeen seventy six revolution, then we need to use the tools that we do have right now to at least slow down what is coming like down the pipeline, the death and destruction that is increasing across the planet, both here at home with immigrants getting separated, mothers and children getting separated, and then this, you know, nation is claiming Christianity. It's all being done under the name of Christianity. Do you like I talk to people who support the ice and immigration, I'm like you, as a Christian, are supporting like these police to separate Christian families. Most of these immigrants, by the way, are are Christians brothers and Christian brothers and sisters.
Speaker 7: So how is that christian? It's Christian? They're not Christian.
Speaker 12: They're abusing the religion of Christianity, just like Benjamin Netanyah, who has abused the.
Speaker 7: Religion of Judaism to perpetrate an agenda.
Speaker 12: And of course I'm not going to leave out the fact that there are Muslims that abuse is to perpetrate agenda. It happens across the board and recognizing that and calling that that out is so important. So if we're not going to have a seventeen seventy six revolution, we got to start voting for people until.
Speaker 3: We could get there.
Speaker 1: Well, we appreciate you and thank you so much for all of your efforts and for always being willing to raise your voice, put your body on the line, get arrested, and also for actually taking a very direct and proactive effort as a parent to raising people right because people think about kids. No, you're raising adults that are carrying forth and need to understand that the world they're coming into is going to require them to actually be the ones that shift it. So that is not lost on me. So thank you so much, Josephine. We are definitely lifting you up in a high vibration over there in Puerto Rico.
Speaker 7: And stay safe.
Speaker 8: And I say say safe, but you're not going to stay safe, So just be.
Speaker 1: Protected, everybody.
Speaker 7: I'm here.
Speaker 12: I met up with a friend in Puerto Rico who's been on this journey with me, and I literally left her house and told her mom and Anne.
Speaker 7: I said, all right, we're going to get in trouble now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They say, it's a silly way to send you off, So be protected and just know that we're all here rooting for you.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 12: I appreciate it. Free Puerto Rico, free Palestine, free Turtle.
Speaker 1: Island, all the above.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much, Josephine.
Speaker 1: We're so lucky, y'all. We are so lucky here at this show that we get to have such great folks come on and talk to us and share with us their journey. You know, when people will say to me, like Amanda, what are you doing? You're not doing anything. I'm like, yo, on a very basic level, what I'm doing is creating a place for people who are doing the things. They aren't gonna get mainstream coverage, or even if they do, they are gonna have to be speaking in defense of their work, versus speaking in exalting and also in pushing other folks to share and join with them. Right. I feel like so often when I see folks like Josephine on mainstream media, they're being expected to defend the work that they do, as if the work that they do isn't what everybody should be doing.
Speaker 8: It just drives me nuts. That's why I stop going on mainstream media.
Speaker 1: Actually, because I feel like they are always, you know, asking me dumb ass questions. I'm just like, I'm not coming out here for free, so you ask me some dumb ass questions. Y'all need to keep it. So thank you again to Josephine for joining us and for Arshaia. We are so lucky and I'm just gonna pat myself on the back because people don't come on this show and are sharing for no reason. Right, It's not like I have some million followers, etc. They come on this show because we are continuously creating a network of people that understand that we are all connected, Like we are demonstrating the mysoleum. Like that's what we're demonstrating, right. So like when I see folks that come in my comments and they say things like, oh, you know, what are you even doing, I'm like, you must not be a part of the Mysoleum, baby, or else you would know what we was doing.
Speaker 8: So let me just tell you how black I feel today.
Speaker 1: So I just came back from the first run like all together run of the what would the Ancestors Say Mission vision Book Tour, and I went to DC, Baltimore, La San Diego, Chicago, Seattle, Detroit, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston.
Speaker 8: And New Orleans.
Speaker 1: And it was really interesting going to all of these different places and just really getting to be in all of these different venues. Because they also allowed me to keep one hundred percent of my book sales, which I truly appreciate because I don't think people really understand that this is what pays for me to be able to come and be in existence in this way.
Speaker 8: When you guys subscribe to my Patreon, which is.
Speaker 1: Five dollars, when you guys buy pins and buy books, this is what allows me to be out here. There's no sponsorship, y'all, Like I'm paying for the travel by the books that I'm selling. There's no publishing company that has a budget set aside to send me out on the road. The work that's happening on the road is the work of decolonizing, but it's also the work that you guys are doing when you guys create community in line or while you're waiting to start. And it was so dope seeing folks actually leaving the space talking to each other that didn't know each other when they got there. So I wanted to show you all that it's aw reeal that I put together from all of the cities and some of the highlights of things that were said. But really it's about you guys showing that this is a necessary space that continues and needs that continuously needs to be built. And I feel so honored to be a part of building that space.
Speaker 12: Name is shows.
Speaker 22: So I'm here in San Diego for the first stop on the what would the ancestors say, Mission driven book tour, and I'm being treated really lovely and it feels beautiful and folks are shown up.
Speaker 1: Man, when we heard about that Lincoln about to bring that mess of pain problem.
Speaker 9: Main it's the fact that someone over here went stupid.
Speaker 3: Cause you're correct.
Speaker 12: For those of us who want to insire courage in others, what advice do you have.
Speaker 23: Do you.
Speaker 9: Demonstrate courage?
Speaker 1: We know that folks are not on it, so you're like, come.
Speaker 3: Let's do courage, guys, and they're like, bit Like you know it's.
Speaker 1: Folks are like, I'm busy, you know, I have a hair appoint then I can't do courage today. I don't even know the next time she's gonna be breathe Like.
Speaker 9: I just I can't. Who's gonna be there that courage.
Speaker 1: We have now become the tools of capitalism in a mental form. And I'm not saying anything that hasn't already been set like this is not like oh my gods, she cracked a cold jawl. It ain't bad. However, the code continues to require cracking. They keep coming up with new codes, and because so many of us do not see that, we don't prevent it. But tell us how we can really utilize how you've put in a book as a resource.
Speaker 9: And tool in reference side right is Zalie.
Speaker 3: But we don't have to day here.
Speaker 1: We know somebody else.
Speaker 18: We all.
Speaker 3: Imagination?
Speaker 16: Did you use.
Speaker 1: I just an We had our gods, we had our land, and we were strict from that, and we were forced to establish something brand.
Speaker 3: New here in spite of the constant threat of.
Speaker 1: Death, degradation and terrorism, and somehow we managed to form blackness. Say books won't change the world. Tell that to every colonizer that burns them. Look at this, they have a free uh bookshelf here at burst into books. You having a face like this in this neighborhood with a bookshelf for free book from outside.
Speaker 9: Handing out a condition.
Speaker 27: So the people.
Speaker 3: Not y'all hav enough actual.
Speaker 1: Many black folks who have served in the Civil War have said it the first time that they felt like they were seen by white hopes because they.
Speaker 9: Had enough name.
Speaker 1: They were seen as a friend, but they were also seen as capable do it. The first thing that all of these fascists do is burn books. And I read somewhere that it's not that they're burning books because they want to destroy art. It's not that they're burning books because they want to disrupt history. They're burning books because they want to destroy memory. They want to destroy the memory of what was there before they got there so that folks will not fight to get it back. I start with the fact that it's not about being black, it's about being people.
Speaker 7: And you know, Malcolm went all the.
Speaker 3: Way Semetha to figure that out, and so that was a journey he did.
Speaker 1: So I don't got to go to back up figure. We have media companies that claim to be black, media peddling a concept that questioning is problematic. Sometimes a mission is literally the thing you're doing to get to the thing you're doing. And I ask myself, but what can we take control of?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: So if I feel like I don't have control of that, then I start mapping a chord. I'm also an artist, so I'm like imaginative in what.
Speaker 7: That can be.
Speaker 1: And I know that for a lot of us we are stuck to a grid of only what we have seen is possible. I have a master's degree in African American studies, but I don't realize the proximity with which things happen in the sixties.
Speaker 3: In my mind they exist.
Speaker 1: As these separate, siloed events, when in actuality they have been in rapid succession. I have a master's degree in African American studies, but I cannot tell you the contents of the nineteen sixty five Voting Rights Act. I can't tell you the contents of the nineteen sixty four Civil Rights Act, and I can't tell you how it was gutted, no matter how tapped in I thought I was. I was left out, and I had to check myself and get over myself and step in.
Speaker 12: My final question, you've shared recently that witnessing the faith and spirituality of Palestinians has shifted.
Speaker 3: Your own views of a higher power.
Speaker 12: Could you talk more about how that experience influenced you all.
Speaker 1: At the same time, I was ostracized from Black Hollywood. I was realizing I'm autistic. I was deeply vested in the Palestine movement. Okay, So my friend Laura Changa is an astrologer, and she always talks about how like astrology just came to her, like it wasn't something she had to really like study.
Speaker 3: She's like, even when she started learning the words, it was.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, of course, that's how spirit came to me. It was like one day it was like I didn't get it, and I just got it. And I think the reason why it happened is because when I was ousted from Hollywood, I was disconnected and I gained a new consciousness around manufactured consent and the lives of our government. I became available to being able to te in the indigenous knowledge of how we really are connected in the soil. And there was a block that we prevented that before, and it was capitalism.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense? People have the power and you know.
Speaker 24: H Hrap Brown, make you rest in peace and I don't save us some power rest in peace because you was here going through it and they was not giving you the care you deserve when you were locked up as a prisoner of war in the United States, and I really want our ancestors to rest in peace.
Speaker 1: Like when I start in the book, I talked about Harriet Huban saying like, every time y'all be on some bullshit, you.
Speaker 3: Are disrupting us.
Speaker 1: We are literally rolling on our graves and Rosa Parks broke her glasses.
Speaker 3: So y'all need to get it together.
Speaker 1: Can you just give people a good word?
Speaker 12: Listen?
Speaker 15: The good word was just seeing Amanda was overing you to give the preaching to the people, telling us to make sure that we use our minds and our radical imagination to transform the world.
Speaker 13: I have two of the smartest people on the body.
Speaker 1: Some people think I'm trying to scare people, and I'm like, yes, yes, They're like, you're being alarmist.
Speaker 5: Yes, alarm.
Speaker 1: Because there's just a history of folk being reactionary, and there's always people who are like, you know, it's about to go down, and everyone's like, no, it's.
Speaker 3: Brother a Mere said it look like you about to give a lecture on the top and then go to a protest on the box. So you all.
Speaker 1: So they talk about all of those things to get this piece. I told you to do so through different methods because I am somebody who needs variation, right, Like I love a nonfiction book for the first chapter, it's a lot going on.
Speaker 25: God loves it all, we love him. The ones that you're the one mainertain you all gonna work out. But them that that ain't right, they gonna get they do and they deserve it because they's wrong. And stop playing and love everybody.
Speaker 3: Keep playing, y'all do it and keep loving him.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 1: They want you to say I think instead of I know, And so you get trained in that, even with your own internal voice, and you start doubting your internal voice. And now you've also been trained to be in fear all the goddamn time, so you can't even tell the difference between intuition and to t White people.
Speaker 3: Were all lot, there's a coming a little.
Speaker 2: Y'all have to shut up.
Speaker 1: That that is what I believe should have to happen. I'm junet. She just shut up because there is so much reflection that happens in silence. And I'm not talking about twerking, and I'm not talking about having a good time. That's all I'm talking about. I'm talking about the literal decision to be arrogantly ignorant, which is a very American trait, because in order to perpetuate white supremacy, you have to believe the lie that white is supreme. That's a that's a goddamn lie. There's nothing that about this nothing Look at basketball.
Speaker 12: I did, y'all.
Speaker 1: This is one of the real ones, one of the last ones, one of the next ones, missus Mary Hooks, and I just want to thank you on camera for the continued, unrelenting effort and pressure on these motherfucker's next period. Thank you, We appreciate you, We appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, and I'm so glad I could be a part of your journey to helping yourself.
Speaker 9: And thank you for receiving my assistance.
Speaker 4: Yes, I love that she uses her voice like she doesn't hold back from speaking the truth and really just magnifying what needs to be spoken about and then really creating a forum for people to articulate themselves.
Speaker 1: Would also like to point out that coalition has been a thing, you know, and the folks that I see say really generalized statements never can tell me where their sources are from. And I will ask them, where have you learned majority of your information, and they will tell me from school, from mainstream media, and I'm just like, neither of these places are created to tell you the truth, particularly as it relates to black people. I like what she's young spot.
Speaker 24: I'm like how.
Speaker 3: She encourages us to something.
Speaker 19: Outside of the book.
Speaker 1: There's an awakening happening because folks are starting to ask questions, and more folks are starting to say yeah when folks ask questions, And I think that's a really beautiful thing. And I encourage all of you all to do the same to you know, get in the habit of saying why and not just about like out external stuff, but internal stuff.
Speaker 3: Why am I reacting like that? I'm really excited today. I'm just excited to be surrounded by Amanda and over.
Speaker 1: Knowledge to me any adult who gets it.
Speaker 3: We should be in service.
Speaker 1: We should be trying to figure out how do we get young people around us like in tune. Thank y'all for having me all right till why are you being so serious over till twenty twenty six?
Speaker 3: We did it.
Speaker 1: We'll see then, all right. I hope y'all enjoyed that little recap there. I purposely did not plut Isabelle in the recap because I know she'd be trying to be Incognegro. And then you said it right here in the chat, and I was like, so fabulous getting to meet so many seal squatters out here in the world. And I really am just so appreciative of the attentiveness and the willingness of folks to also volunteer and be a part of helping me with selling merch etc. It is no small effort being independent, and it requires a village, and you guys are that village. So thank you to the Amanda Landers and the Seal Squad. So you know, guys, it's time for us to get into our critical thinking exercise.
Speaker 14: Love wee.
Speaker 1: So actually, before we do that, I.
Speaker 9: Want to.
Speaker 1: Talk about Rob Reiner. So unless you've been like basically living under a rock in the United States, you may not have heard that director Rob Reiner, actor, director Rob Reiner was very brutally murdered in his home this weekend with his wife and now his son is actually under to my knowledge, indicted at the very least under arrest for the murder. And you know, I think it's a really difficult thing to be not I think I know that it is a difficult thing to be in Hollywood and be non white and standing for stuff, But it also is difficult to be in Hollywood and be white and actually stand for stuff. He was also Jewish and to stand for stuff because there is an assumed idea that you're just gonna go along with whatever is the get along. And Rob Reiner is somebody who really was not about that. And I appreciate that not only in just his work, but also in his life. You can see from early on when he was on All in the Family, like, this is the type of dialogue that he was dialogue that he was bringing to the United States.
Speaker 23: We got a break down in law and order in this country, Archie, because we got poverty, real poverty. And you know why we got that because guys like you are I'm willing to give the black man, the Mexican American and only other minorities that just in rightful heart and charity American dream.
Speaker 1: Like in the seventies, that was not a small thing to be on national television talking about. But I don't think a lot of you all know that Rob Rainer also directed some of the greatest films of all time. Okay, you can't handle the truth, all right, A few good men.
Speaker 7: Misery.
Speaker 1: We all remember misery when she put that piece of wood between that man legs. Pop pot ooh, and that's not a Harriet tubman Pop pop. The Princess Bride, y'all.
Speaker 8: My name is Nigo Montoya.
Speaker 1: Did you kill my father?
Speaker 8: Pretty? Beare to lie?
Speaker 1: I mean, if I sit here and run down every line from The Princess Bride, will be here all day? Ah, inconceivable. I don't know think that. What means? What you thinking means?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 1: I mean a classic Shock and Awe was his latest film. I don't know if it was his latest film, but it was a very recent film that I hope everybody will watch, and it is about the manufactured consent of the Iraq War. This is a very big deal to make this film because he's making it within the context of consciousness and we are seeing the same thing happen right now with Venezuela, and he actually calls folks by name. The New York Times is talked about very deliberately in this film in how they actualized the manufactured consent of the Adoq War and how it was an independent newspaper, a small newspaper that was actually the ones that had it right.
Speaker 8: He also did stand by me when.
Speaker 24: The ninth.
Speaker 1: Is done. Yeah, and the day wait, what is it? When the day is on the day?
Speaker 8: Is that just saying?
Speaker 1: Sambai? And last, but not least, one of the greatest films ever made in the history of filmmaking, What Harry Not?
Speaker 8: Written by one of the greatest, Nora Ephron.
Speaker 23: Geez.
Speaker 13: Film is.
Speaker 1: Such an incredible art form. Film is something that really in its invention, which stamps human existence in a really unique ways.
Speaker 8: So, Rachel, who is it there?
Speaker 1: Here am gonzo? All of what she's having, Everything has to be so urgent with you, Yes, Because when you figure out you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody you want the rest of his life, you start as soon as possible. I'm just saying, and someone here said, not a sappy movie guy. When Harry met Sally is not sappy. When Harry Met Sally is one of the best written films ever. It has no extra lines. There are no extra lines. Same with Coming to America, by the way, there are no extra lines. Every single line either moves the story forward or moves the character depth, makes the character analysis deeper every single line that type of writing. Come on, and then it is filmed comedically without forfeiting cinematography. He gives you New York.
Speaker 7: You see it.
Speaker 1: Look at this cover right here and right was playing at that point is autumn in New York. And by the way, randomly, in addition to this, you got an entire Harry conneg junior soundtrack.
Speaker 8: It's had to be you Boom boom.
Speaker 9: It had to be.
Speaker 1: I wandered around and finally found that somebody who could make me.
Speaker 28: Feel true, could make me feel blue or even be glad, just to be sad thinking of you scoom.
Speaker 3: And oom boom.
Speaker 13: Come on.
Speaker 1: Now, it's just so unfortunately he met such a violent end at the hands of his own child, you know. But what I also want to point out is that I absolutely googled was he Asignianist? Okay, because these days you ab solutely need to look.
Speaker 17: And I.
Speaker 1: Was very happy about what I came across. And what I came across.
Speaker 8: Is hold on, I have it right here. Some others I've seen.
Speaker 1: Might never be made. In the week of Shock and Oz release in twenty seventeen, Reiner joined several Arab filmmakers to criticize Trump, who, during his first term unilaterally recognized.
Speaker 8: Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, a move.
Speaker 1: That was criticized by Palestinian officials and other Arab nations. Reiner, who was Jewish, signed a petition led by Palestinian director and Marie Jasser, slamming the decision. We stand in solidarity with the Palestinians in Jerusalem, the capital of Palestine and an open, sacred city that belongs to all Muslims, Christians and Jews. The petition read, in your decision, mister President, you have created more animosity, less faith, and profound sorrow in the hearts and minds of all justice lovers in the world. I was really relieved to see that, and to also see in the film Chakanaw how conscious he was about the Islamophobia being attached to the manufactured consent. So I saw someone here in the chat say that apparently his son was upset about a film that he had put out, called Being Charlie. I read his son was apprehensive about the making of Being Charlie for fear of it triggering unwonted thoughts while he was newly newly clean. He had drug demons and when he gets clean, he will I'm not sure what the what the end of that was still still not a reason to to to stab folks, though still not a reason. So rest in peace to Rob Reiner and his wife, and you know, may we continue to feel the joy of his films, you know, to carry us through the terror that we are in the midst of.
Speaker 22: A man.
Speaker 1: So, I don't know if you all heard about this, but CNN has partnered with a company called Calshi that is a cash Calshi that is a betting service, and I want to tell you more about it. I made a video about it for the Internet, so I want to just catch you up to.
Speaker 8: Speed with it real quick.
Speaker 1: So like every day I wake up and I'm like, nah, it can't get wilder, and then it does. CNN has partnered with a gambling app that lets you wager on current events and world events. Basically, they are literally making betting around war, around starvation, around natural disasters which at this point are unnatural disasters, etc. You're literally betting on demise. Remembering Gladiator, how people would make bets on which Gladiator would beat the beast. Now the people making the bets are the ones making the beasts. We're the gladiators in the ring. How quick before people are literally betting on whether or not they'll survive a situation, hoping that if they do, they'll get a payout. We're in the squid games. That's where we are.
Speaker 3: That that that that.
Speaker 20: I think.
Speaker 1: I think that's the most dystopious I've ever seen. I think it is.
Speaker 13: I I think we've done it.
Speaker 1: I think we've met the final boss of capitalism, betting on our demise. So I wanted to understand more about how this even happens. Right, Like, this company Klshi has definitely been getting money by creating these betting uh universes. Right, So people told me that this has actually been going on in a number of other like spaces and places beyond sports. But now it's expanded and now it's become, of course so commonplace that they can actually make it an industry.
Speaker 8: However, you have to have a certain kind of mind to think this way.
Speaker 1: And so I want to show you a video that is the actual owner of Kyushi and he's gonna look different than I think you may expect, and him talking about what this is really connected to in a broader sense.
Speaker 20: Point tier is that it's not about yes no question Like over time we're going to produce different structures and there's going to be questions that are not yes nos. But it's about underlyings that are non traditional, like could could you financialize in anything that people care about? And you know, calshi is everything in Arabic. The long term vision is to financialize everything and create a tradable asset out of any difference in opinion.
Speaker 1: So that is Tadek Mansour who is the co founder and CEO along with Luana Lopez Lara. They are married, and I am just I'm just like, how does one get this way? But then I think about how many Arab countries have completely disregarded for the theme, for the goal of capitalism, for the goal of money. Because if I'm assuming if his name is Tadek Mansour, I mean he's at a big but I don't know if he's Muslim, and I don't know where his like family is from. It sounds a little bit Pakistani, but I could be wrong. But they did meet at MIT, and some of y'all may be like, well, why are we even talking about his personal life? Because the way that these people are raised and the way that they are, you know, kind of conditioned in the world is what they end up actually giving to the world. Right, that is nine times out of ten how it happens. Now you look at a unique person like Josephine Gilbo, where you look at a unique person like Mark Wayne, who were actually raised a certain way, but then they were put and thrust into a certain scenario that allowed them to expand these folks were put into like see y'all in the chat mit, where are these places where we are seeing technocracies grow in such a despared, in such a disparaging fashion. We're seeing these technocracies in a way that is beyond any consideration for human life. So I wanted to hear from you guys. How do you feel about the consistent encroaching of making everything financialized, every single aspect of your life being financialized. How do you feel that that can be challenged? What are ways in which you feel like there is effort to push back against this. I'll play some hold music. No, I don't want to play that. So we got people saying it's offensive. This is the bad place actively addicted. These tech bros are not human I'm disgusted by it. Paywalls everywhere is just gross mutual aid and co ops learning to live.
Speaker 8: That's their suggestion.
Speaker 1: Eve's story says, if we financialize everything, then our lives will hold no true value. I want to just also point out that money is made up, because that's the other part of this. It's like we're living in a literal one pep be like we're living in the Truman Show. I know that some people think and like laugh that off, like oh ha haha, No, it's actually real. But to be quite honest, we in a way are living in the Truman Show because they've literally made up the system of our existence, like money is a made up system. These banks are literally the ones who run the show. I saw a scroll the other day, and I haven't gotten the fact check yet, but it was essentially saying that several presidents who were outwardly against an oppositional to the banks were either assassinated or attempted to be assassinated. And so when we see this actualizing of this on a whole other level, that is so dystopian. And now this is a partnership with CNN, So I have been talking about CNN being a absolute source of dystopia for quite some time now. But this I should, this should give you everything you need to know. So any news that you're getting via CNN is now now attached to a financial gain, and that financial gain will come in how they report it, right, because how they conceptualize it, how they contextualize it, all the above that's going to be about how it relates to the parlay. So when I see this, I'm like, this is deeper than I think people could really imagined. Happiness, the brand said, emphasizing that the end game of life is not simply wealth, but the quality of life you lived, redefining the purpose of life. I mean, happiness is the brand is the great name. If this is how you're talking, because I completely agree. I feel like I was sold from a very early age, and not even by my mother, but more so just by that which was around me, this idea that material wealth was actually the example of success and that I really could not be considered successful unless I had material gains. And there was a time where my mom was literally like, you don't care enough about money, and I know she was saying that more from the mindset of like you really need to be able to take care of yourself, but there was still also within that this idea that you are not going to be considered of status if you don't have money. And to be quite honest, now that I've been able to become financially secure in that way, I think that there's a version of life that if you can if you're able to just be able to not think about and not worry about money, that is the goal, and that can be addressed in socialism. That can be addressed in the way that our societies support each other, and that could be addressed also in how you choose to live your life, Like I changed the way I lived my life right, Vito says, I actually feel we need to be going to opposite direction, indigenous ways of engaging communal systems where we can exist in reciprocity. I one hundred percent agree. Problem is that I don't have the knowledge yet on how to do that right. And then it's like, okay, Amanda, but listen to the things that you always tell us. If you're trying to do something, there's already somebody that's already trying to do it.
Speaker 8: So it's like I got to figure out where those people are you.
Speaker 1: Feel me, I got to figure out where they are so that I can bring them on the show, so I can get involved with them, et cetera. And I feel like it's also a reflection of us really being at the behest of all of these media like inputs selling us this lie, right, selling us this lie. And someone said, even in socialism, somebody is still going to need the run the hospitals and sewer systems.
Speaker 7: Fair.
Speaker 1: Yes, however, the checks and balances are far greater, and there is a reality that is expected, which is that those systems run efficiently and effectively by because they are being because the people's money is funding it. So people can actually be far more demanding on how things are operating because we are the ones that are making it operate. Whereas right now, if you privatize everything, we don't get to be that, we don't get to have a say in nothing. You know, they basically are like, no, we're private, so we can do whatever we want. That is incredibly problematic and it is not a democracy. And now they have privatized how you are getting the news within the context of gambling. It's deeply disturbing, and the tech bros are going to just levels that I don't think any of us can even truly grasp. I want to play for you this TED talk by journalists?
Speaker 6: Is it here?
Speaker 1: Hold on? I want to play for you this Ted talk because I really want you guys. It's not a long type talk at all. It's just a clip. But I want you all to hear what this woman is saying about the technocracies and how they are financializing everything about us and even how we live and where we live.
Speaker 7: And I saw a.
Speaker 1: Woman in Detroit who the community or the government gave her a house or gave her basically an apartment to live in, and they had this happy music and they made it a feel good story. Do you know why they gave her the house or why they gave her the apartment to live in? She has five kids. Two of them died of hypothermia because they were sleeping in the car. That is a comple completely avoidable situation. No one had to be kicked out of that apartment for her to live in. It completely avoidable. It is deeply disturbing that this is how we are like literally making feel good. We are doing the thing in the aftermath of tragedy that was avoidable and we're doing it because everything has been financialized, and so all the housing that could be provided to people ends up sitting empty unless tragedy strikes.
Speaker 29: Russian and American presidents are now speaking the same words, They are telling the same lies. We are watching the collapse of the international order in real time, and this is just the start. Kaus are like concrete when they stop moving. They yet it is already later.
Speaker 16: Than we think. This image. Some of you in this room might know these people. I call it tech bros.
Speaker 29: In hostage situations. It's a message to you. This is Putin's playbook. He allows a business elite to make untold riches in exchange for absolute loyalty. Some people are calling this oligarchy, but it's actually bigger than that. These are global platforms.
Speaker 16: It's proligarchy.
Speaker 29: There is an alignment of interests that runs from through Silicon Valley to what is now a coming autocracy. It's a type of power that the world has never seen before. Correct, it's always the data.
Speaker 16: It's the crack cocaine of Silicon Valley.
Speaker 29: You know the first thing that Elon Musk did was to send his cyber troops into the US Treasury.
Speaker 16: To get as to the data. That is not a coincidence. It's a hack.
Speaker 29: That data is now feeding ais that are choosing who to resack and who to replace. Sorry, eliminate fraudam waste. When we broke the Cambridge Analyticas story about the harvesting eighty seven million people's Facebook data, people freaked out rightly. This is chicken feed compared to that. But it is the blueprint. It's always the data, which is why it's.
Speaker 16: So important that you start thinking about.
Speaker 29: Your private life. The bronigarchy doesn't want you to have one. This is the old headquarters of the East German Secret Police. They kept detailed files and almost one in three of their citizens. That is nothing compared to what Google has on every single one of us and hundreds of other companies. The entire business model of Silicon Valley is surveillance. It harvests our data in order to sell us stuff. We are already living inside the architecture of totalitarianism. It may not have been deliberate, but we now have to start acting as if we live in East.
Speaker 16: Germany and Instagram is the Stazi.
Speaker 3: So this.
Speaker 1: Also references the financializing of our data. So the overarching conversation here today is around financializing, and financializing is the commodifying basically creating a financial value around everything in your life that can be capitalized on. And so now to see that CNN has partnered with a betting app to actualize the financializing of our very experiences, we can of course say that it can only go down from there. So, you know, oftentimes when I do these critical thinking exercises, I have a path.
Speaker 3: That I'm going to take us through that lands in you.
Speaker 1: Know, solution based ideas and you know, really just trying to identify how to challenge and whatnot. And it always ends up coming back to the same stuff when it has to do with capitalism, and that really ends up being that we have to slow the system. And Adrian said, you know, we need to stop buying stuff, and that's the thing. It's like, I try to minimize eyes the way in which people are engaging with a system in order to support my stuff. But then at the end of the day, here we are and we're on YouTube and we're on ig right, Like, eventually I want to be able to have a place where I do my show and you all come and watch my show and hopefully people who agree with us will create spaces that do the work that's done here outside of these frameworks. And I know that it's a long shot, but I'm hoping that we will get there. I started seeing people creating There's someone who used to work for Twitter. I think it is created an app that doesn't require created like a texting app. I think like a Twitter kind of app that doesn't require.
Speaker 3: Wi Fi.
Speaker 1: And then I saw somewhere that they created that there's like a phone that you can get now that doesn't require you to put in your name. I believe. So you know, all of these things, the surveillance, et cetera. When we ask ourselves, how does it connect? It's all about making all of our lives able to make money from and they will surveil and use that surveillance in order to do that. And they're just psychotic, greedy people. Like it's not like it's anything even deeper than that. These people are psychotic sociopaths who have been able to amass wealth and hang out with each other and be pedophiles. That's what we're dealing with. So you know, it's it's a doozy, it really is. And I am hoping I'm hoping to God that more of us continue to wake up and challenge what is coming at us in more innovative ways, because I got to tell you, sometimes I'm like, I got nothing. I got nothing, But there's always somebody out there who's like, well.
Speaker 8: Now wait a minute, A man.
Speaker 7: She as.
Speaker 1: One of the things that keeps me saying, because that's a question that I got in every stop on the black, I mean, on the what the ancestors say to her was people asking me what keeps you saying?
Speaker 8: What keeps you saying? And I started really thinking.
Speaker 1: About it, and I think once upon a time I would have had so much more elaborate answers. And at this point, what keeps me sane is literally going to sleep and going outside. And also, and this is the most important one, not expecting myself to be sane. Okay, not expecting myself to be sane. Why would I be like composed, like, why would I feel myself? Why would I be like regular? No, this concept of sanity in this United States, sanity is your ability to manage a semblance of non reaction to whatever comes at you. That's why people end up on xanax and all of these in depressants that essentially, if you take a sho Hi have adosin just give you no reaction to nothing. There has to be there has to be a very real connection to reality in order to actually have a true human experience. And I find myself having let go of this idea that I am insane for seeing things for what they are, for having strong feelings, and for sometimes being worn out, and so instead I have tools, and my tools are sleep and nature, and nature involves my animals because sometimes it's just too cold to go outside. But that's really what it is, I mean. And we've even seen the drugs affect our music, you know, Like our driver to the airport the other day was playing nineties R and B. And I think about now R and B and it's like completely different. There's not even any like dynamics to it. It's always so just the same four notes. It sounds like xanax, same with rap. I can't wait for music to.
Speaker 8: Get sober again.
Speaker 1: And to start being a reflection again of actual feelings.
Speaker 8: Of the human existence.
Speaker 1: And I want to see the digitization era not necessarily have to continue. It doesn't have to necessarily be completely depleted, but to be combined with the analog of our reality. And I know that some people are like Amanda, you're being picketty persnicity, and I'm really not, because music is a genuine aspect of our like in tune with a being in tune, you know, like the term in tune, being in tune. You know, we have a heartbeat, and when it's when it's not in rhythm, that's a problem. That should let you know how powerful music is. The earth has a heartbeat, like it has a literal heartbeat. So if you don't acknowledge this reality, sorry, I had to acknowledge this reality.
Speaker 13: Oh my gosh, did you hear me?
Speaker 1: The Mumba Park. If we don't acknowledge that reality, then we are just completely disregarding how valuable this piece of thing is.
Speaker 3: So I.
Speaker 1: Listen to music, I go outside, I engage with nature, and I go to sleep. And out of all of those things, the biggest thing is that I have a very free concept of what I consider to be sanity. And that's what keeps me saying.
Speaker 13: Hey, come on now, we gonna close it out.
Speaker 1: Shout out everyone hanging out. It's big, big, argues.
Speaker 27: Joseph, a little worried when she said for office as a solution, but when she said we can't vote our way out of.
Speaker 1: This, I came that dude and Bliss I said, show you.
Speaker 8: Up, showing your up, showing you up, show you.
Speaker 7: Show you up.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Now I will be recording the audio book for what would the Ancestors say tomorrow, looking for it to come out in February. For all of my Patreon subscribers, run and remind everybody that on Patreon you can if you sorry, if you are a Patreon subscriber, then you can join us for the after show kickback that goes down every Wednesday. After the show, everyone gets up in the chat and hangs out. Along with that, you also get access to my content. You also get to be a part of the Patreon book Club. You also get the opportunity to be a part of unique, well basically exclusive lives that I do. And I showed you the video earlier of the book tour. All of the full length videos of the book Tour are available on my Patreon all right. The other thing that I am looking for is I am looking to hire somebody who watches views for Amandoland, but who can also edit clips for views for Amandoland that can go on the interns and if you are somebody who finds who thinks that that is something that you are capable of doing, you should respond. I'm going to put up a posting at some point, but just know that I'm putting that out there in the world. Okay, I'm putting that out there in the world. People in the chat are talking about all the different things that we actually do on the sorry in the Seal Squad like share pictures of our pets, So hit.
Speaker 7: The like button.
Speaker 1: And for those of you all who are coming over to the after show, I'm about to be over there shortly. I want to send you all a happy December. It is a crazy time in the world right now, and I am not going to be doing Christmas this year, but I wanted to know, Seal Squad, would you be interested in having a in watching Sinners together on Christmas? Would that be something that you're interested in, Seal Squad in watching Sinners together on Christmas? Because that's something I'm thinking of doing, and.
Speaker 8: You know, we I've always said I was gonna do a watch a watch.
Speaker 1: With y'all, but I never did it about Sinners, and so I feel like that's something. Okay, so y'all are saying yes, you know, once I get my three yeses, I'm gonna do it, So Brandon, basically, the way that we would do it is I'm watching and pausing and commenting and pausing and commenting. You can watch along and pause and colm and pause and whatever if you want to. But it really ends up being more like alive that you are attending as I watch Sinners and give you commentary. That's more kind of that's more the context of what it.
Speaker 8: Is, all right, So.
Speaker 1: That's gonna happen, all right, I'll do that on Christmas. You guys, thank you for your support of what the ancestor say. If you're enjoying the book. If you enjoyed the book, please let me know and share with your peoples and all the good things. Have a great rest of your day, and I will see you all over in the after show. Kick back, Shine you Shine, Let's go to the beach. I would a second same name.
Speaker 19: Amount amas amass anil amass anil am amins A Mail
Speaker 9: B