Speaker 1: God channeling is dinner clerk.
Speaker 2: Get them the dives makes the cat backhand sigh, dustin off that gold.
Speaker 1: Globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 3: I want to take your shot. We're waiting for you.
Speaker 1: Think you're looking real hot, Come and get it.
Speaker 4: We're here.
Speaker 3: The road comes through La.
Speaker 1: Come get it.
Speaker 3: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 1: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 3: It best overall?
Speaker 1: Miss Dan Klass Padres.
Speaker 3: Fans can line up to kiss our ring.
Speaker 2: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Dodgers on Deck. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 6: Tim kats Hi, everybody, and we'll welcome in to my Wrongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck, your official Dodgers pregame show as your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers fifty four and thirty two on this season, first place and run it away with the NL West. Tonight one of those is nights that you'll always remember. As Clayton Kershaw on the mound, the thirty seven year old and future Hall of Famer looking to secure one more career milestone as he closes in on three thousand strikeouts. First pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to. Here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 1: David Vasse goes.
Speaker 6: One on one with Jew Butterra, former Dodger ketcher now working with the White Sox. We've got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, Kirsten Watson from Sports at LA. We'll check in right before our Otani rewind and a just a few minutes we head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth and here from Tim Neverett and Rick Monday. Well, last night, Yoshinobu Yamamoto was absolutely great. Seven innings, one run, three hits, eight strikeouts, ninety eight pitches over the seven innings, and he got locked in early lee and along the way he put up zeros. Meanwhile, the Dodgers offense got after White Sox rookie Shane Smith, who got two quick outs in the first innings before walking Will Smith and Max Munty back to back. That brought up to Oscar Hernandez, who followed an RBI single Andy Piz then came up and busted it open.
Speaker 4: That two out run, by the way, the one hundred and seventy eighth the Dodgers have scored, which is the most in Major League Baseball. Pitch the PIJZ that's ripped down the left field line, fair ball. It's gonna bounce around the left field corner. In comes Munsey to score. They will hold ta Oscar at third and Andy Pie haz in with a two out run scoring double. It's two nothing Los Angeles.
Speaker 6: Danny Piz his fifteenth RBI of a double of the season. RBI's number fifty six and fifty seven for Pies. A little two out damage there for the Dodgers, and they weren't done. The next Michael Confordo.
Speaker 4: Payoff pitch and Confordo panksit in the center field. That's a base hip. Here comes ta Oscar. He scores, speeding in right behind them. Mandy Pies hits a two runs single for Michael Confordo and the Dodgers are up four to nothing.
Speaker 6: In the bottom of the first four nothing Dodgers lead Piz a single. Later in the game, they are going up five to nothing. The White Sox finally got a run in the fourth inning, Dodgers up five to one. In the bottom of the fourth show, hey Otani got that run back with an absolute towering home run to right center field four hundred and eight feet felt like it went four hundred and eight feet into the sky as well. He hits his thirtieth home run of this season, the fifth straight season in a row he has hit thirty or more home runs. And we just flipped the calendar to July. The Dodgers get the win. They're fifty fourth of the year. With a six to one victory over the White Sox last night, Yoshinobu Yamamoto picks up his eighth win of the year.
Speaker 1: Dodgers win for the.
Speaker 6: Thirteenth time in six game sixteen games, and they open up a season.
Speaker 1: High eight game lead in the NL West.
Speaker 6: Going into play tonight with Clayton Kershaw on the mound chasing a career milestone three thousand strikeouts, he is three away from getting there. First pitch at seven to ten and with more we head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we say hello to Tim Nevert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, Tim, another beautiful evening at Dodgers Stadium, and why not. It's a night for Clayton Kershaw for sure, three strikeouts away. It's spent the story since he came out of that game in Colorado last week. And for Clayton Kershaw, we'll talk about it during the broadcast, but this is one of the most rare situations a pitcher can have. You realize that there are more pitchers with three hundred wins than there are with three thousand strikeouts.
Speaker 2: You and I have been talking about this for a number of weeks. Is at three thousand, and I don't know when we're going to see that again, if we are going to see that again, because if you look at the focus of Major League Baseball now, it has changed from a starting pitching staff going seven, eight and nine innings in order to maybe accumulate a lot of strikeouts. Still, where the importance has really gone now in shouldering more with a bullpen, including the twenty six man roster. Why an additional pitcher has been added to the bullpen, so there's a different emphasis on what's happening. This is truly something that is remarkable, to say the least, and I think we can both compare notes the phone calls and the texts that we have received in the last number of days really off the charts.
Speaker 4: It's going to be history here at Dodger Stadium tonight with three strikeouts, that's just nine strikes.
Speaker 1: Curse.
Speaker 2: It's not a big deal, right, Well, would you like to know what's in the mind of Clayton Kersham. He approaches every game from what we see down on the field, as really a battle. It's more than just an outing. Days he's going to pitch. Don't bother him with saying hello today. Just say hello twice tomorrow. But we saw him go through the same routine. Dave Roberts is alluding to it earlier today talking to members of the media, going through his same routine yesterday in getting ready. From a mental standpoint, going down, we made the mention when he goes down to have a dry bullpen session, that's without a catcher. He's the only one that's in the bullpen, and he even signals if he's throwing a breaking ball or a slider in the bullpen session. And he's the only one down there.
Speaker 4: We're going to see plenty of Clayton kershaw Ton. I talk a lot about Clayton Kershaw and his accomplishments and his storied career as he tries to cement his legacy here tonight at Dodger Stadium. On the other side of the news, good news again. The Dodger starters and all the starters have been announced for the All Star Games tonight, and the Dodgers have Will Smith behind the plate, Freddie Freeman at first base, sho Hee Otani as the designated hitter. So they've got three of the nine starters and we'll see what happens in terms of other players that will get filled in here for the rest of the week.
Speaker 2: It's going to be nice too and devoting. The second phase is underway, and you can voice your opinion up to five times a day, and please do that. In meantime, the Dodgers have a ball game to win and even trying to stretch their lead in the Western Division the NASH League a little bit more now seven and a half in front of San Diego as we got underway today, nine games in front of the San Francisco Giants. The Dodgers have done it very well, winning sixteen at last twenty one games.
Speaker 4: Dodgers right fielder Tascar Hernandez gets the night off, Mookie Bets back in the lineup, and Hassan Kim will be back at second base, Tommy Edmund out in center field. The move Pahez who should be on the All Star team in some capacity.
Speaker 2: He'll be in right field tonight. Yeah, and I think we're looking everything that kind of happens. Tommy Edmond just showing still that the ankle is good enough to play in center field. Hey Song Kim playing at second base. He's been remarkable. Kim has in going up I think to the middle, to the backhand side, and he has a tremendous throwing arm that we've seen displayed the other day when he's a shortstop and he'll be at second base. It's kind of fun to watch that double play ball, especially when second basement has a strong throwing arm.
Speaker 4: White Sox and Dodgers White Sockx going with an opener Brandon Eisert and then Sean Burke, right hander is expected to follow the lefty reliever who will begin the ball game tonight. The Dodgers are won thirteen of the last sixteen, looking for win number fifty five here tonight.
Speaker 1: Tim All right, thank you guys, as we got you down to first bitch.
Speaker 6: Dodger fans, get your game day meal on it Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shakey's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Dick, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We will check in with David Vez say we got your Otani rewind and we visit with Kirsten Watson next. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers in White Sox Clayton Kershaw, Jason History. If you're looking to become part of the three thousand strikeout club with three more strikeouts tonight, we'd lead you up to first pitch seven and ten at at Dodger Stadium. I'm Tim Kats's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's Dodgers and White Sox Clayton Kershaw on the mound, three strikeouts away from three thousand.
Speaker 1: First pitch coming up at seven ten. This is the Otani ree.
Speaker 4: Why Otani awakes the three to two pitch from Shane Smith. Here it comes, he swings. It's a high drive to right field. Way back at.
Speaker 7: This ball has gone a home run.
Speaker 3: Show Hey Oh, Tony with.
Speaker 4: A blast his thirtieth of the season and the Dodgers lead at six to one.
Speaker 1: Ratt'll show him O.
Speaker 4: Tony with his eighty third run scored a four hundred and eight foot blast into the right field pavilion.
Speaker 6: Show Hey Otani goes deep as thirtieth home run of the season.
Speaker 1: That was the top tier play of the game.
Speaker 6: Brought to by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less as show Hey Otani last night. It's his thirtieth home run the fifth straight season he has hit thirty home runs or more RBI number fifty five for show Hey now hitting two to eighty seven on the season.
Speaker 5: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: Tank Karson joins us from the stadium. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate year old car call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now Really agents are standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with a K to donate your car today. Happy Kershaw Day, Kirsten Watson and Tonight special nights.
Speaker 8: You know, every time Clayton Kershaw takes around, you know you're going to witness history in some way or another. Just the fact that it's this year eighteen in his career. He's still pitching. He's been excellent, especially this last month. But then you have a day like today where it truly feels like with only three strikeouts left to three thousand, we are literally going to witness something that there's a chance it might not happen again. You know the likelihood of a player getting three thousand strikeouts in their career, then you add doing it with one team in their career. This is something like we actually, we're so lucky to get to experience this and to watch it and for Clayton Kershaw to hopefully achieve that here at Dodger Stadium today, Like, there are days that feel special here. But I think when you askthing like that, you can feel the buzz. There are already so many fans who are here and like, yes, it's a Yoshinobi al motabablehead nights, so fans totow up early for that, but they're also aware of what they could be seeing. Hey, maybe he'll do it in a one, two, three, strike out. The side situation you never know, but just the fact that he is on the brink of something so incredible, it's it's exciting. It's a happy, happy Kursha day for us.
Speaker 6: We've seen it recently, two other pictures getting the three thousand of strikeouts and Justin Verlander and Max Scherzer, and they did it in different uniforms.
Speaker 1: Max Scherzer did it in a Dodger uniform.
Speaker 6: It just feels special though tonight, because this is a Dodger who is a Dodger, bleeds blue, eighteen years in the big leagues, drafted by the Dodger. He is a Dodger through and through. I think it just feels different because of that.
Speaker 8: No, it does, and you're right, and it was lucky for us that we actually got to witness Max Scherzer, you know, do achieving that in a Dodger's uniform. And it was obviously through that trade that year. But with this one, I actually was talking to Stan Casen earlier and we were He is someone who obviously has been around so many different organizations and Hall of Famers, guys who have three hundred career wins, things like that, and he said, it's very rare that you can come across a player who chooses to prioritize wanting to do something and wanting to have a career with one organization. He actually compared it to a Chipper Jones. He said that Chipper was a player. When he was a player, he was someone who was very adamant about staying in one uniform. And so when you have a player like Clayton Kershaw who wants to do that, it's so far and few. He does think like more players are starting to kind of prioritize that and wanting have an interest in that if they can't, you know, not everyone gets the privilege of staying with one organization for eighteen years like Clayton Kershaw has. So to see it in that, he said, it's just it's something that is so lucky for the fans to experience. They've seen all of the phases of Clayton Kershaw. They've seen whether it's Kershaw with no kids, Kershaw now with soon to be five kids. We're seeing so many different things. You're seeing the cy Young Award winner, You're seeing the MVP World Series Championship. There have been so many facets in which we have seen Clayton Kershaw at peak greatness, and so to have that experience in for it to all being a Dodgers uniform, like, he's going to be one of three players who have done that, having three thousand career strikeouts in one uniform. And I think that just shows even Dave Roberts has said, when you look at his career as a whole, it's what makes him one of the greatest, if not the greatest Dodger.
Speaker 3: Of all time.
Speaker 8: And so that is where that one uniform it just comes down to that. And so it's look this, I'm already excited just kind of thinking about, you know, we get to witness this phase of his eighteen years in Dodger uniform. So it's gonna be a fun day. It's definitely gonna be a fun day, and Kershaw wants it.
Speaker 6: Gonna be a special night. First Bitch coming up in seven ten here soon.
Speaker 1: We appreciate it.
Speaker 6: We'll check in with your post game still to come here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: We'll hear from David Vasse.
Speaker 6: We'll get you an injury I'm dating, and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts as We lead you up to Dodgers in White Sox on this Wednesday night. Clayton Kershaw going for three thousand strikeouts. I'm Tim kats is the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 5: Now, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season long law.
Speaker 6: Marago Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Wednesday nights. Hen lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and the White Sox Marongo Casino Resort at SPA, A Grand Slam for good times. Clayton Kershaw closing in on three thousand strikeouts. First pitch coming up at seventen.
Speaker 5: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury Report presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Michael Kopek on the il with right knee inflammation, Tony Gonsolin on the sixty day il with the right elbow, or does Tyler Glass now on the ill shoulder inflammation. He's gonna throw tomorrow in Okay seeing a Triple A rehab appearance. Blake Snell Blake trying to both through today live bullpen sessions on the field at Dodger Stadium. Rookie Sazaki is a slow build up as he makes his way back from right shoulder in pingchment. All right, it's a big night out of Dodger Stadium tonight. Clayton Kershaw three strikeouts away from three thousand and ten, back out and check in with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 3: The questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 5: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 7: I think for for me, I think I can speak for everyone. We're kind of waiting in anticipation, chance for history. It's the last box for Clayton to check in his tremendous career, to be able to potentially be able to do it at home in front of our fans. I think we're all looking forward to that. He's never been a person to look for kind of you know, acknowledgment, I guess, or attention, but you know, he's earned that and whether he likes it or not, so I hope it happens soon. I think that he wants it to happen soon just to get it over with. So I'm sure when he gets into some two strike counts, he's going to be chasing it and it's hard not to. It's an aggressive team. They put the ball in play early. But it's going to be fun. I mean, I know, his whole family's here and it's something that's been highly anticipated. And again just to have the opportunity to potentially do it at home, I personally can't wait to celebrate him. And you know, I've been a part of this for ten years with him, so it's been fun.
Speaker 1: There's what a career it has been.
Speaker 6: And tonight another milestone for Clayton Kershaw. Three strikeouts away from three thousand. If he wasn't already a Hall of Famer, this is the cherry on top for number twenty two. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with David Vase speaking of great people leading up to first pitch Dodgers and White Sox. It's Yoshinobu Yabamoto bobblehead night. It's being overshadowed by what Clayton Kershaw is soon gonna do when he takes to mount tonight at seven ten.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Kaates's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and White Sox on this Wednesday night in game two of this three game sent Clayton Kershaw on the mound zero ning in on three thousand strikeouts.
Speaker 1: He is three away first pitch, coming up at seven.
Speaker 5: Ten, joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck. I accept everybody for who they are, this his Dodger insider David BASSI.
Speaker 6: All right, DV one of these games everybody wants to be at. Yes, it's a bobblehead giveaway, but it's all about Clayton Kershaw and being there for history.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I told my kids, you're coming for Kershaw and you'll get a bobblehead. It's not about the bobbleheads tonight. It's about being here for history and it's a sellout crowd here at Dodger Stadium. Clayton Kershaw five minutes ago just emerged out of the Dodger dugout and got a standing ovation from the fans that are already in their seats. And for the first time that I've ever covered Kershaw, he actually acknowledged as he was going out for his warm ups. He saluted the crowd that gave him a standing ovation, so you obviously know the emotions are running high. He went out to center field as he always does before he really gets going with his warmups, to pound the center field wall. So he's out there right now doing his warm up drills and everybody isn't anticipating when he records his three thousand strikeout just three away.
Speaker 6: David is brought to you by the twenty twenty five for f one to fifty from California's best selling truck brand.
Speaker 1: It's time to see Ford in a new light.
Speaker 6: Ford for America from America, Davi, You've been around this team a long time. You've seen Clayton Kershaw over the years. A night like this ten years ago, five years ago, how would he embrace it as opposed to how he's going to embrace it tonight.
Speaker 3: Well, a lot, you know. I remember his no hitter in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 9: That was the first time I had ever seen him just enjoy the moment as much as he did that night. Obviously, at that point he had not won the World Series.
Speaker 3: He had disappointments.
Speaker 9: In twenty thirteen with the NLCS, and then later in twenty fourteen he would have disappointments in the NLDS at the hands of the Cardinals, So this would have been much different in twenty fourteen. Maybe if he would have got it in that time period or in that mindset after he got it, he would have enjoyed the moment, but leading up to it, he wouldn't. He wouldn't have been as open with his feelings about it as he has been leading up to this three thousand strikeout, which tells you he also knows that this could be his last year pitching in Major League Baseball and he wants to enjoy it.
Speaker 3: He wants his kids to enjoy it.
Speaker 9: So all of this is a family experience for the Kershaws, and his son Charlie was with him on the last road trip at the ballpark.
Speaker 3: Every day he's into it.
Speaker 9: He knows what's happening, So that's another motivating factor to.
Speaker 1: All this, David.
Speaker 6: The National League and American League starters for the All Star Game in Atlanta were announced about two and a half hours ago. The Dodgers had a lot of players in the final vote. What ended up happening, You.
Speaker 9: Show hal Tani automatically in because he was the leading vote getter in the National League.
Speaker 3: Will Smith obviously.
Speaker 9: Not only having one of the best seasons ev any catcher, but any player in Major League Baseball. This year he is going to be the starter, and Freddie Freeman is going back to Atlanta as a Dodger World champion and as a Dodger starting at first base in Atlanta four years after the Braves said you know what, We're done with you.
Speaker 3: So that's going to be special.
Speaker 9: For Freddy to go back to Atlanta as the first baseman for the National League.
Speaker 6: Now, the Dodger players who didn't get voted in as starters, they still have a chance to making that trip back east though too, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Taoskar Hernandez was one of the top outfield vote getters leading up to this final vote. Max Munsey was in the final vote with Manny Machado. I believe that Munsey has a very good chance if he continues this surge, to be a reserve. Andy Pajez has a great chance to be a reserve. I'm not sure if Taoscar Hernandez will or won't be, but it wouldn't be the worst thing for Taoskar and Mookie Betts to just to use the All Star break to get healthy physically and mentally.
Speaker 1: No doubt about it, Dicks David, great stuff.
Speaker 6: We'll check back in with you in just a couple of minutes. Still to come here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck as we lead you up to history with Clayton Kershaw three strikeouts away from three thousand. We got your Dodgers Magical Moment. Next Dodgers and White Sox First bitch is seven to ten. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kasey's a world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's a Dodgers and White Sox Game two of this three game interleague series. Clayton Kershaw on the mound, three strikeouts away from joining the three thousand strikeout club, he becomes just a twentieth member to do so.
Speaker 1: For Spitch coming up at seven.
Speaker 2: Ten, Hot Dog who wants.
Speaker 5: Hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Ditch Magical presents it by Hawpy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 6: Now the Dodgers in White Sox squared off of the nineteen fifty nine World Series. We go to Game four of the nineteen fifty nine World Series, Monday, October fifth, a two o'clock start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love a good two.
Speaker 6: O'clock start on a Monday at the La Memorial Coliseum. Dodgers a two to one series lead in this Game four. They would score four runs in the bottom half of the third inning. In the top of the seventh throw back came the White Sox old Sherm Lawler a three run home run, capping off a four run top half of the seventh inning, so the White Sox and Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Were tied at four.
Speaker 6: In the bottom of the eighth inning, Jerry Staley on in relief for the White Sox when up came Gill hootches.
Speaker 2: Bill Hodgers as one off to the far edge of the screen and of this laugh of people and play five.
Speaker 6: The bar Gil Hodges with the home run as the Dodgers would take a five to four lead.
Speaker 1: Then Larry's Sherry pitch to scoreless ninth.
Speaker 6: They give the Dodgers a win, one win away from a World Series championship by saw them with the call there in nineteen fifty nine, this Hofey Magical moment brought to by Hoffey Hot Talks Offy Sokow's local Treasure for nearly one hundred years, Offfy Hot.
Speaker 1: Dogs, Local and so great.
Speaker 6: When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check back in with Rick mondays.
Speaker 1: We lead you out to first pitch.
Speaker 6: Clayton Kershaw, three strikeouts away from three thousand Dodgers taken on the White Sox. I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: It's Dodgers and White Sox on this Wednesday night. Clayton Kershaw, three strikeouts away from three thousand. First pitch coming up at seven ten, It's time for the Verizon startup. We're thirty two minutes away from the start of the game. Now at Verizon you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store today.
Speaker 5: And now joined by David Bass saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 9: Well, it's always great to see so many former Dodgers in the house for a special occasion, and it was really great to see Rick Monday's former teammate Bill Russell in the booth with you today.
Speaker 2: And a gentleman that played more games in a Dodger uniform than any other player in franchise history. So you know, this is a special deal. Anyway, when you start to see former players show up, this is a special night. And this does not roll around to that office. You and I were watching along with Dwayne mcconolo, a producer engineer, Clayton Kershaw leaving the dugout to go down the left field line to get loose. Normally he's alone with all of his thoughts. Well, he got a standing ovation just walking down the line and for the first time that we can recall the two of us and just sharing a little inside information. First time that we saw him actually acknowledge the crowd as he was going down and as he normally does, goes through the stretching exercises, then jogs from the foul lines all the way to center field, and as he normally does, he pounds the outfield wall with his fist. That's just his way of kind of getting into that mental aspect. And wouldn't you like to know what's going on in his mind as he approaches tonight's game just three thousand away in the strikeout department from history.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right.
Speaker 9: Can you imagine after he gets the first two ricks? I mean, how he might be feeling when he faces the next batter, after that second.
Speaker 2: How about after the second punch out that next hitter. Because I don't think anyone wants to be the number of three thousand.
Speaker 9: Right, That's what somebody asked me earlier today. If you're any of the White Sox, do you want to be that guy?
Speaker 2: Connected answers no, before you get the yeah, the answer is no. And Dwayne McDonald, who's our guru of everything that's ever happened in Major League Baseball, looked dumb, and you asked the question, had I ever seen a game where a pitcher recorded his three thousandth career? And I said, I don't know. Well, the man on the spot, Dwayne McDonald, said yes, I had, and I had no idea the remembrance of it. Gay Lord Perry. Back in nineteen seventy eight, the last game of the season, Perry, then with San Diego, struck out Joe Simpson for his number three thousand, so it's something that happens, and you and I were give a little information even before the ball game could be a special deal because Kershaw, who has pitched two thousand, seven hundred and eighty one and one third innings, he would become the fourth quickest pitcher to reach three thousand strankouts based on innings pitch, and he would surpass Nolan Ryan, who had three thousand. It took him twenty eight hundred and two innings pitch. So if you go to the record books, play Kershaw just he's going up and up and up.
Speaker 3: Rick.
Speaker 9: I've been told Kershaw has told the folks here at Dodgers Stadium he does not want the game to be stopped because of the in house entertainment. But the fans organically can stop the game.
Speaker 2: Well, and it depends on what is going to happen. I mean, there's all kinds of scenarios and the inside information don't know all of the plans. But no, they're not going to disrupt the games. I think point well taken. I think the fans will this certain ext point just acknowledging the fact of how grand that's that milestone is. But it would be after the half inning when they when they play something up on the board, is my understanding?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And we saw this happen just in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 9: Max Scherzer, who spent a short time with the Dodgers, recorded his three thousandth and he got a curtain call.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question. Let's say the Kershaw and it's going the Dodger's way on the scoreboard. Let's say that Clayton Kershaw goes and we just pick a number here. He's in the seventh inning of the game because a Roberts purposely let him go after six intings, go to the seventh inning, record it out, and then go to the mound for this reason, to let Clayton Kershaw understand and hear the crowd and their appreciation on everything that he has done this particular point. Make the pitching change. And what's Kershaw's reaction if that happens, Because he tries to hide a lot of emotions, but he does have deep down the emotion. He just doesn't want other people to see it, especially competitors he's working against.
Speaker 9: Four kids will be here and exactly pregnant wife will be here, So I think he would be all in for.
Speaker 2: That and we're all rooting for him because we start to look. We talk about it so many times, David. We see the work that he puts in in between his starts, and it's unlike most pitchers that you see. He's very, very oriented in making sure that he chucks off all the boxes on the days that we don't see him pitching, but we see him working out.
Speaker 3: No doubt. That's why he has so much respect from guys.
Speaker 2: So you get your camera ready, big boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, be ready.
Speaker 9: And that's why he has so much respect from the guys that have played with him and guys that compete against him. His work ethic and his respect for the game. Yep, thanks, Rick, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 1: Tim, all right, they's lot, guys.
Speaker 6: This is the Dodgers game plan. What's your game plan? How about starting your future? Yeah?
Speaker 1: The California Community College financial Aid it's available to help you with tuition, books.
Speaker 6: Sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, so don't old today and I.
Speaker 1: Can go to college dot com.
Speaker 6: Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get to a preview this bitchy matchup. Tim and Rick will have those keys to the game right before first bitch Clayton Kershaw three strikeouts away from three thousand in his Hall of Fame career.
Speaker 1: Up next, we go high and tight with Drew Butterra. What were Dodger ketching? How working with the White Sox.
Speaker 6: It's next, I'm Tim Keats's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 5: Nwork as we were saying, This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and White Sox. Clayton Kershaw closing in on a huge milestone three thousand strikeouts. First pitch coming up at seven to ten. Celebrate summer with two dollars off a Zenchi Sushi Hybrid mini platter. Yeah, twelve hand crafted pieces, including favorites like the Ultimate Tuna Chile Role well the crunchy Tempur Role. Find it at your local Rouse next to the deli counter and look for the two dollars off sticker. No membership required, valid through July twenty ninth. Perfect as a meal or to share with friends, zen She handcrafted sushi is fresh, affordable and packed with flavor in every single bite.
Speaker 1: It is good.
Speaker 6: Stop by your local rouse and get two dollars off a zench sushi hybrid mini plotter today vida and now.
Speaker 5: What will likely be vess a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 1: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 5: This is high and tight.
Speaker 9: Clayton Kershaw just three strikeouts away from three thousand. We're very fortunate to have one of his former catchers in.
Speaker 3: The house today. He is now the.
Speaker 9: Catching coordinator for the Chicago White Sox. He is on Will Venifo's staff, and it worked out perfectly that he's at Dodger Stadium on a night deck to be historic. That is the one and only great Italian American drew, but Tarret Drew.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot for the time. Yeah, a rough excep. When you saw that there was a chance that this.
Speaker 9: Could happen while the White Sox were in town, what was your reaction?
Speaker 6: You know, it's uh, didn't have history could be made and you can you can watch.
Speaker 9: That's pretty cool with christ I know you want but White Sox to win, but you could have both. The White Sox could win today and Grushaw could make history.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, Uh, I'm a little biased, but.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping that he doesn't make his story.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 6: If he does, great, If not, okay, But he's a he's a Hall may Venture and you know, I'm happy that eventually.
Speaker 9: He wills Will Snyder the next true You were teammates with Gershaw in Crime Peak Powers twenty fourteen is MVP season.
Speaker 3: What was so special about.
Speaker 9: Not only being a teammate but being one of his patchers.
Speaker 1: Just to kind of witness like his greatest on a day day base.
Speaker 3: He was the one of the most like freshmen that people have ever met, and.
Speaker 6: It was it was really special to see his work day in and day out.
Speaker 3: You know, behind every success, it's a hard core story man to see him go out and every.
Speaker 9: Single day was stray Drew view Terran is our guest before first pitch between the Dodgers and White Sox, and you were talking about just the work ethday and the five games team. I mean, when catchers come to the Big League, they're talking about being servants to their pitchers.
Speaker 3: It feels by kershots of servants to the catchers. Yeah, I don't know about that. You know where we were.
Speaker 1: Kind of here from him, but it was it was cold to learn, you know, new things that I might not have picked up, you know, from anybody else. And and he kind of helped me with my routine too.
Speaker 6: I'd go out there and on the one rins bold or whatever, and then I got to watch him and how hard he worked.
Speaker 1: And you know, obviously you admired rat if you want to aspire to be great.
Speaker 9: So you know, I've kind of called him around on one day that it would That's kind of the one thing or one of the things that people failed to appreciate about Kershot Marty is how he sees the game.
Speaker 3: Is that the next.
Speaker 9: Level that helped him get to the score step at.
Speaker 3: Three thousands Stride owns though it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't no doubt he was a bold off the fat.
Speaker 6: He had his plan and he stuck to it and you know, good batter and never and that that takes, you know, a lot of mental traine.
Speaker 1: That had a lot of preparations and he had. So it was it was fun to watch my hand catch and it was even seeing me more fun y ball.
Speaker 9: Is there one game that stands out to you the most where you were behind the plate and how that went?
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, I don't remember his specifically. It was the first time I caught him and he was on a run. I was more nervous about messing up.
Speaker 4: His run than anything else.
Speaker 9: And I remember he had like first and third, nobody out, and he would like to strike out, strike out and round out.
Speaker 1: I just look like a huge sigh.
Speaker 3: Of relief that we got out of the heather and I got you know, like I said.
Speaker 1: Any tention watch, but.
Speaker 9: The times I did it was it was really special for you, all right, true, thanks a lot for the time, really appreciated, and hopefully the White Sox out.
Speaker 5: Good night.
Speaker 9: But Kershaw makes sister, there you go, I like, there he goes. Former Dodger catcher now catching coach with the Chicago White Sox, Drew but Terra has been our guest, and he'll receive a pair of Canaan sunglasses, the world's most polarized sunglasses. You can find out there visit Canaan dot com. Tim will send it back to you.
Speaker 1: All right, thank so lot, David.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast.
Speaker 1: When it's game night. It's a group night.
Speaker 6: At shakys dot Com. We're leading you up to first pitch Dodgers White Sox. I'm next dive deeper to this pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim kas Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio A Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's a Dodgers and the White Sox on this Wednesday night, game two of this three game interleague series out at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 1: First pitch coming up at seven ten, and.
Speaker 5: Now before the Dodgers hit the din neck, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: Present about your Southern California Toyota dealers. Work hard and playhard in a New Tacoma with an I Force turbo charged engine. It's a truck built for the Bolds. Your Toyota dealer today, they make it easy. Brandon Eiser on the mound two and one, four to thirty three ERA, twenty seven year old left hander is the opener tonight for the White Sox, making his thirty seventh appearance, his third start.
Speaker 1: He won't be out there long.
Speaker 6: He's the opener, last pitched on Sunday, one shot on inding of relief against the Giants. Behind Eiser will be twenty five year old rookie right hander Sean Burke, making his seventeenth appearance. He will get the bulk of the innings, his first against the Dodgers. Clayton Kershaw four and oh three zero three r thirty seven year old left hander. In his eighteen season wearing Dodger blue, he has struck out twenty nine batters this year. Is now three strikeouts away from becoming just the twentieth pitcher in Major League Baseball history to reach three thousand strikeouts. He becomes just the fourth left hander to reach that milestone. Kershaw will become the first Dodger reached three thousand strikeouts while recording all three.
Speaker 1: Thousand in a Dodger uniform.
Speaker 6: Making his ninth start, holding a two to one record against the White Sox in his career. Last time out, six one run, two hits, five strikeouts versus the Rockies, again three strikeouts away, Clayton Kershaw setting yet another milestone in his career. Tonight, Dodgers and White Sox were fifteen minutes away for first pitch.
Speaker 1: He's to the game.
Speaker 6: Our next I Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers in White Sox Clayton Kershaw eighteen seasons in the Dodger uniform. Tonight looking to make another milestone in his Hall of Fame career. Three strikeouts away from three thousand, first pitch coming.
Speaker 1: Up at seven to ten.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers' well best record at home in the National League this year, and when the boys in Blue play at home, it's important they have the right plan to protect their house.
Speaker 1: The same applies to your house.
Speaker 6: Always have a plan in follow fire safety tip, especially during fireworks season. Here it's the fourth of July, just two days away. Make sure you're practicing fireworks safety. Use safe insane fireworks that just the California State Fire Marshall Seal. Always read the directions and is sure fireworks are only lit by adults. Never ever use fireworks near dry grass or other flammable materials.
Speaker 1: For more about these tips and to find out.
Speaker 6: Others, visit fire Dot ca A dot go all right back out to the booth, one file on time before first pitch, Tim never Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, Tim, thanks again, all eyes on Clayton Kershaw tonight as he continues to chase three thousand strikeouts. He's down to just three to get. And what's it gonna be?
Speaker 5: Ma?
Speaker 3: Will it be on a curveball? Will it be on a slider?
Speaker 4: I think a lot of folks looking to guess that, but certainly Clayton will take it anyway he gets it.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it'll probably be on a breaking ball. And for Kurse show the last outing went six innings, that was in Denver, one run, only two hits. The one home run was hit in that ball game. But he has been remarkable in those six innings, made just sixty nine pitches, and I thought, really overall ballots, curveball, slider, off speed pitch and remember two we've seen a couple of weird splitters also thrown by. Could be a big night just not only for Kershaw, but for Dodger fans really around the country.
Speaker 4: Strikeout number one was on May twenty fifth, two thousand and eight, against the Cardinals. It was Skip Schumacher who will strike out number three thousand b We're gonna find out. Meantime, the White Sox are sending reliever lefty Brandon Isisart to the mound to open the ballgame. Sean Berk, a right hander, is expected to follow as the Dodgers and White Sox get ready for Game two of this three game set on what should be a very special night and historic night here at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 6: Tim all Right, the countdown to three thousand begins. Next, nine hundred and seventy seven for Clayton Kershaw, three away from three thousand strikeouts. First bitch from Clayton Kershaw is next.
Speaker 1: Don't go anywhere. This has been wrong with Causino.
Speaker 6: Dodgers on deck on the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network