Speaker 1: Oh my god, is that Nico Blitter to see them want to raised If you ain't get the memo sipping in the city and send you know we put them at them, then go stuff in them hoos in the limo because they said they come from the jaw. They say, you know, I ain't gotta work last night show, so well watch watch what you make you feeling that you're gonna give me a billion and shall run the back of willing. I'm gonna be up on the island shilling. I came away from the wheeling and still run with the five six feeling. We live live like I ain't no deal list. It's gonna to be killing fifty one. Hey Juice and my leave boo kera boll What now they they got mat of the shell and raise ol we go buy toys. Oh no, no, oh, no Cruise show until nine is on the cruise man. That was a really nice mix. Bro Nico Blitz on the intro right that new node and you know I told Cruise before we got up here. I was like I had to throw them the jelly sickle. Yes, that was my introductions exactly six Yeah, crazy crazy Rick Rock did those beats a lot of beats on the ever Ready album Man.
Speaker 2: From the pay area, so it's very close forty.
Speaker 1: It was like, okay, that was obviously that was my first That's how I met mugs. That's that's forty security. Yeah, shared him with me place no no Diddy. I'm sorry it worked out. Yeah, yeah, right, good people working with good people. Man sir, Yes, welcome back, Man. How you feeling Man, Real good Man, real good Man? About to drop a new album Man on Friday, Man, June twenty seventh, Man Ready at the age sixteen for us, I'm so happy to be talking about the album cover. Well, I wanted to take it back to where a time where I couldn't afford to wear what I got on. You know what I'm saying, This is up with everything you couldn't afford exactly exactly exactly. I couldn't afford the J's back then, you know what I'm sayzling, I couldn't afford the red and white troop like LLKJ. I really wanted that, you know, from the bigger and defferent kind of like era, you know, and the J three's Man, you know what I'm saying, And I just wanted to be way Kansas City out with my hat flipped up, you know what I mean. That's how the d Boys look back then, and I couldn't afford it. So I wanted to bring that back because I was taking it all the way back as the origin story. So here we go. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Back then, inspiration was in the street. It wasn't on our televisions. It wasn't on the screen. Inspirations were on the corner.
Speaker 1: Totally, totally, you know what I'm saying, wearing the Dope Boy redbox and the J's and yes, sir, driving the mini trucks and yes, sir. You see, I had all three of my strange chains on too, flex and I was flexing, and I look good for my age too. So I'm like, yeah, go.
Speaker 2: Ahead, tech, you don't age, man?
Speaker 1: What what what is it? Bro? Talk to me?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: You're taking TikTok vitamins.
Speaker 3: What do we do?
Speaker 1: Puerto Rican lady? Yeah? Man, she got me doing parasite cleanses, man, like she got me you know, doing different facial think of a jigs, you know what I mean. For instance, I had like what you call a sabasis assist right here, you know, and My doctor told me I was gonna have to get it cut out. And my lady is like, na, because you're gonna leave a mark on your beautiful face. Nope, nope, nope, I said. She said, you gotta change your cocoa butter and your shade butter to tallow. I'm like, what the hell is beef? Yeah? Okay, yeah, but this one is scented kind of, you know what I mean. Her friend makes it for me, and now it's a basic assist is no more, you know, just giving me remedies, many to keep me here for a while. You know, we got a two year old little girl now.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we need to stick around longer.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, I'm gonna need that, man, because I got assists right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, you know what I'm saying you need it's just built up oil. Yeah, that's what the doctor told me. They'll tell you got to get it cut out, and it's natural things you can do. You know. Before you walked in, I had that lump on my face. You see it? No, No, it's gone.
Speaker 2: I had the face yeah man. The link Yeah, that lady's phone number. She Puerto Rican, My my wife, the other the lady that's making the beef towel.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I think she's black.
Speaker 2: Okay, Before you walked in, we were talking about breath control and breath control, different different breathing techniques.
Speaker 1: Right, who's that guy you were talking about?
Speaker 3: Whim Hoff?
Speaker 1: Wim Hoff? I know that I know that name, but I know that name from.
Speaker 3: White dude like beard and everything. I think he's from a constantine. Where's he from?
Speaker 2: Breathing techniques? Well, you know how to get diseases out of your body through breathing?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I've heard that. I've heard that. I thought you're talking about like like like singing like in rapp and you're on stage. You also have to have somewhat of a technique, right, total technique.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: This thing we posted a while back, it's like a commercial. It was a commercial for this record. It was pre order commercial and I did a whole live verse and I told people to watch my chest like I'm like middle school Uppere's no one for sure the man whatever that be hre, Papa, Y ain't know. The jam school slife is a load of fans go to cram in the bathroom. This baftoons come against me, get krysaling soda can till one day. They told me, if I'm somebody that can hold me, wrap it a dance in one of their homies, a new Trent for eighth grade en rolling. I can say it all in one breath because of my breathing techniques. I do three big breaths in between rhyming, and it allows me to do a whole four bars like that. You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: So you know, yeah, man, Yeah, you're inhaling every time. Yeah, so you're yes, you're giving yourself breath versus giving it up.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, Yes, sir. I'm holding it so it's in reverse, but I'm holding my breath, but I'm still projecting, you know what I'm saying. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I taught myself that a long time ago, man, you know what I mean, because I wanted to. I wanted to kind of be different from a lot of people, you know, when it comes to skill and being able to say things. Even if I have to cram a lot of words in a four bar segment, I can really get it out, you know what I mean? Live, Yeah, Yes, And that's why a lot of people still come to my shows because it sounds just like the records. Thank you, yes sir, and be disappointed like, man, that's a studio, man, he can't do that, right right right? We do this for real artists, man, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I always say real yeah yeah man. Live shows. I got one coming up, like a short one though, at the Grammy Museum on Thursday. I do like a thirty minute show real quick for everybody to let's get it. Let's get it, yeah man.
Speaker 2: A lot of artists will show up, the beat drops and the audience does the show right right, right right.
Speaker 1: That's the new generation they you know, they don't care, you know, they just get You're just there and you got the track plan and they're singing it. You know what I mean. Must feel good. But we from Generation X, We're gonna make sure you hear everything. You know what I mean. I'm the main vocal, The main vocal is out of there. I'm the main vocal on the mic.
Speaker 2: Just like you understand that they're paying to see you and you are going to give them everything you.
Speaker 1: Have, Yes, sir, I think that's that's that's why they keep coming back. Let's come. You know what I'm saying. People keep saying they say, Hey, you got to come see this Tech nine show. You know what I'm saying. I used to have like three dudes up there with me helping me back in the day reinforcement, and then when they all went on their own, I'm like, oh, what am I going to do? I've never been on stage by myself. But I realized that all those breathing techniques I've been doing for all those decades work for me. I can get my Kendrick and DMX and jay Z on finally, you know what I'm saying, and still have a dope show, you know what I mean. And that's what a lot of people see now. They're like, Man, it's different up there with you without Chris, Without Chris Calico, I'm like, but have you seen me with my band lately? You know what I mean? You know, so we still got that energy.
Speaker 2: Were getting it done, yes, sir, gatherings, the gathering of the it's coming up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How did that all start for you? And and that fan base. It's a vicious fan base. It started alone time ago in two thousand and three, when I was asked to be on one of their tours, the Wicked Wanker Tour, wow. And on that tour, I gained a lot of Juggalos and juggallettes. Those are ICP ICP fans, you know what I'm saying. A lot of them. I'm talking about around the world in Canada, and that's a world own. Yeah man, yeah, man. It's like a subculture. It's crazy. I've never seen anything like it before in my life. And over the years, I just became family. Now it got rocky in the middle where they thought that I was on a radio station and I said something that they didn't agree with, and you know, I was just talking out the gathering and how crazy it was, and they felt like I didn't say enough about the Juggalos, and you know, the clowns said something. And now I started getting death threats and this, that and the other. And I remember I did a show with them, a gathering around that time. When I was getting death threats. It was like like four gatherings ago or so, you know what I mean. And I felt like I was being attacked. So I said, I'm not doing it no more. So I've been away doing my own stuff without doing the gathering. But when I heard last year that they were doing the gathering of the Juggalos, the Legends. I called my book an agent, and I said, listen, if they call me for this show, because I told them, I don't never want to do it again. You know what I'm saying. I said to be I want to feel like I'm not being targeted when I'm on stage, you know what I'm saying. And I want to feel comfortable not be thinking about anything else, you know. But I told them if they call me, if Psychopathic called me for the Legends, say yes, I'll do it. So I'm doing the new one coming up. Hey, let's go. Yeah, man, Yeah, yeah, yeah, totally totally yes, sir man, all the comments, everybody's happy that I'm coming, you know, that's right, That's right. How did that get squashed? We had to talk about it, man, Me and the clowns. Man, they kind of felt like that, you know, on that tour that I didn't have face paint. I just had it across my face, but I mean my forehead. But the artist that I had out there was not my friend Brian Bezel Dennis because he got killed. He started painting my face in ninety four and I was the killer clown since then. In Kansas City Missouri, you know, saying with a full skull face. But on that tour, I just had I think it was Craig Davis rest is soul. He was painting my foreheads, like words on my forehead and stuff like that, and he could he didn't have the skill to paint my whole face like Brian, you know. So the clowns were under the impression when I started. When I got a better one, a better artist to do my face, they were under impressing that I took it from them. They didn't know that I was to kill a clown back in the night twenty four before I even heard about So I had to give them the history of Tech nine and the history of the killer Clown in Kansas City. It was a myth that clown was driving a yellow van and he was kidnapped kids, but it was just a myth. We never saw it, but we were scared to death as kids. But I became the killer Clown lyrically, you know, And I gave them the whole background of Tech nine, and then they understood. And then my next tour they came out. I came to their town, Detroit, and they came out and introduced me for the crowd. It sold out crowd at the Star. Yeah, yeah, yeah, so that's how it was squashed. Okay, it was just a conversation. That's all it takes sometimes, right, Let's just sit down and talk it. Yes, sir, yes, sir.
Speaker 2: You know a lot could be fixed with the conversation, totally, man, So sure you know on fifty eight sixteen Forest, what does Yoda sound like?
Speaker 1: Yoda? What does it sound like? Man? It sounds like a hit to me, I'm saying. Okay, and not just because Wayne is on the hook, because on this record is just all me on the verse. I've never did a in my whole discography. I've never had an LP where I'm on all the verses because I you know, I pride myself on collaborating with elite artists, you know, but this one's all me, you know, on all the verses. And when I got to Yoda, I tried to do a whack and hook you know what I'm saying on my own, and it wasn't working. So as I started working through that really hard to write song because I'm actually I had the idea to rap like Yoda talks and George Lucas made him talk backwards, like what do you say something like a Jedi? Skywalker is you know, like I said, Skywalker is a Jedi? You know? Yeah. So I'm starting off like broke I am. I'm talking about myself back when I was young. Broke I am. And I'm like, what do I say next? Equivalent to a whopping twenty tons of pure don't my gams? I'm like, oh, what's happening? Have your rhyming ticket revoked? I can right next to it really starving kill a goat wife dand you know what I'm saying, I'm rapping like Yoda. So after I got through it the first verse, I'm like, I got it. Oh, I got to do two more verses. It was the hardest song, Yes, and have to rhyme and then do it with style three verses, three verse right back and forth with me, Damon and Mario you know what perform Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. So after I wrote it and my hook was whack, I said, I said I need another alien on this. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I hit Wayne up and he said it right back, man, And it's like the song is like in hit for him. It starts off with a hook and then after the first verse is another hook and then another verse and it's a hook and it's four hooks. Man. So I didn't even have to tell Wayne because he's such an elite artist, you know, I didn't even have to tell him, Hey, man, can you make the hooks not fly the hooks? You know what I'm saying, So it won't be repetitious, you know what I mean? And just do variations of four hooks.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I sent it to him. Variations came back to me.
Speaker 3: I'm like, boom, yeah, is that response or that like that email back from Wayne with all those verses.
Speaker 1: Soon as I sent it to him, I got it back in like a few days. Wow. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. And he understood because when we shot the video, you know, we got the video shot finally, because we've been working together for years. We could have like an EP with all our songs, and I never could lock down a video because we're always busy. He is touring, I'm touring, he's doing this thing. He's Wayne, man, you know what I'm saying. So this time we finally locked him down with video and he understood. When we were talking in between shots, I was like, man, this song was so hard to write, he said, I heard it talking like Yoda. I'm like, he gets it, and people, because of the style, they're probably not going to get that I'm talking like that, even though the first thing I say is broke I am. But we did it. Yeah, got it done, man, got the video done.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: So Yoda. That's the story of Yoda man, and the reason why I got the name Yoda because x Rayded calls me Yoda because I'm a Jedi lyrically and I feel the same thing about him. People call him Yoda as well, so you know what I mean, he calls me Yoda.
Speaker 2: So along with the title, right, the concept and Yoda sounds like it every song or a lot of the content of of of each song or you know, of what's on the project.
Speaker 1: Excuse me?
Speaker 2: Is it from that standpoint where you were just starting out what you were?
Speaker 1: Yes, it was my It's my origin story what Lola talks about when I broke up my first rhyme. You know what I'm saying as a dare on the school bus, you know. Yeah, So you know, like you got the starts off with the birth I'm being born, you know, then Friday to Sunday. I'm talking about my mom married a Muslim when I was twelve, and we moved on fifty eight sixteen for us, and here come out all the stories from age twelve to age seventeen. When I ran away from home on the quest to become Tech nine, my mom married a Muslim. We coming from a Christian house. I felt like he was being hard on me and being mean to me. So once I got to seventeen, you think, you know, we think we know everything. So I'm like, I'm getting out of here, you know. And I had something planned. So I was going to tell my mom that I'm going to Azida's for Thanksgiving holiday, you know, secause school is out, you know. But I came downstairs with the big trash bags. She said, you need all those clothesing trash backs go for a couple of days. I'm like yeah, and she kind of had a turn around eye and gave her a kiss, walked down the street, said bout all my friends. Have my cousin come pick me up. Pun never came back when the quest to become Tech nine. Now what I learned is as I matured, I realized he wasn't trying to be mean to me. He was trying to make me a better man, you know, a self sufficient man, an entrepreneur. That's why he was taking me to seminars, business seminars when I was twelve and thirteen. I didn't understand, you know, what I was doing.
Speaker 2: He felt he was being dragged.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah man, and unconsciously picking this thing up over the years and ended up owning my own business, Strange Music, and being the number one end upend a rapper in the world. So I say that had to carry on it, yeah man, you know. And I wrote a song called The Punishment and I talked about him put me on punishment for weeks, I mean not weeks, for summers. And it was a blood neighborhood where we stayed, you know what I'm saying, because the Bloods moved thirty seventh Street, Foodtown, Brim moved from out here to our neighborhood, you know what I'm saying, and turned it all ready, you know what I'm so. He knew that it was problems out there in the streets, so whenever I was messing up in school, he would put me on punishment for the whole summer. And I'm like, who's on punishment for the whole summer, the whole summer. Two summers I was on. You know, one summer I was messing up. I was I can't go outside, just go to work and take out the trash. That's it. Another summer, Come I do something else crazy, get busted with a girl in the locker room or something, you know what I'm saying. Then I got to be u punishment for the whole summer. So, you know, as I got older and more mature, I understood that he was trying to make me a good man and you know, and wasn't being mean to me, and was just trying to make sure I was protected. So in the in the third verse of the punishment song, I tell him that he's the reason why I'm the multi millionaire I am today. You know what I'm saying, dendicated to him in a way he has dedicated to him. And I have my brother Hakim played for him, and he said, man, you know my name, my name, my middle name is Dantees. So he calls me Donnie. He said, tell Donnie that. I said, thank you, cause he probably we never really talked about it. You know, I left his house with my mom and never came back. That was it. That's it. You never came back. I know, like I would go visit mom ytff like that. But again no, no, no, no, I never lived there again. And uh, you know him him hearing me, fine, resolve in our situation through the punishment. He said, tell Donnie, I said thank you. Don't forget to tell Donnie. I said thank you. I wish I could have saw his face. Parent Now, yeah, you know you.
Speaker 2: Want to instill all these values, yes, but we know it doesn't come right away.
Speaker 1: Right. It's almost like, you know, a long shot bet in a way you know no doubt, put your money down and you hope that off exactly exactly the same thing you're trying to get them to understand. They think, we don't know nothing exactly. You just hope it works out. Yeah, and we and we've done what they're doing, all the slick things that they do. Yeah, and I invented that ship. Yeah, trus seventeen. We know your boyfriend's downstairs, Keep that door open, keep that door off. For stepfather's has got to be tough too. That was your stepfather, of course, because you're trying to be cool, because you know her dad, her actual dad, and you don't want to say or do the wrong thing and be having to fight him, you know what I'm saying. So you got to kind of like take it easy. So you know, my wife's kid, her name is Isabella, and I'm real soft on Isabella, you know what I mean. And I try to work with her and try to be a friend to her and a parent to her. If she needs something or need some advice, I'll try to give it. She knows everything at seventeen though, yeah yeah, yeah, but she's she's equipped mentally to know right from wrong though. Yeah yeah. So it's you know, we make it easy even though it's kind of hard being a stepfather. I'd never been a stepfather till now because I just married her mom last year. Last year, you know, we've been together. This is to be our eleventh year together. We got married in our tenth year, you know what I mean, And we took time to learn each other. Man. We went through a lot of people. They say wise man say only foods Rushian, you know what I'm saying. And I knew that from my first marriage. You know, because we've got married because she got pregnant, you know, and I was twenty two, you know, and uh I felt like that this time. I wanted to take time to learn everything, ups and downs, happiness, misunderstandings, you know, finding respect and trust and everything. You know. Yeah, man, And now she's a part of my trust because there's trust, you know what I'm saying. And you have a big responsibility with her. Man, Yes, sir, man really do yes, got some scary shit, Man, it's all good. Man. I married my best friend.
Speaker 3: Ma.
Speaker 1: Man, that's right. And then you take ten years to learn each other, you become those that best friend. Yeah, that's why I'm still engaged for ten years. We're still trying to figure this out. Exactly. Take the time, thank you, you know, because you know, with a lot of people, they care about what other people think, especially their people that they see every day, their girlfriends, Like y'all been together for seven years and he gave you a ring makes him feel inferior, Like am I good enough? Because a lot of people live the fairy tale like I've been knowing you for two years. We should get married and have a baby, dude. You know, the baby can make y'all break apart. You know what I'm saying. You don't know this. A baby is a beautiful thing, but if you've got going to work and she's at home and you ain't home as much as she is, Like Michelle Obama said, I'm like, I was looking at my husband, like how many diapers you changed? You know what I mean? She said that about Obama. Yeah, yeah, with him, you know what's gonna happen with us. But people lived at fairy Tale, like you know, they trying to Hey, I just met him a year ago and he asked to marry me. Oh my god, Cinderella man. And then the next year they're divorced. I've seen it so many times too, man, me too. And it happens with black and brown a lot too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah, it's break up a relationship for.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, Yes, so many reasons. Yeah, congratulations. How long you'll been together?
Speaker 2: We are?
Speaker 3: It will be five years this year.
Speaker 1: It's coming that seventh years. She's gonna be oh still already game? Okay, Oh there you go. Wow.
Speaker 3: It's funny that you said that because when we first started day and she was like, yeah, you know, if ain't nothing popping by like year seven, I don't really know.
Speaker 1: That's another number. That's the magic number.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Early yet no kids here you are stepfather, right, I have two young boys has teenagers and they're just starting out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, have fun, man, yeah, fun, we have fun. You have a lot of stuff like that already.
Speaker 3: Well, actually, you know a lot of our universals, a lot of are like relationship.
Speaker 1: We're not Disney adults, Oh but we are. I am.
Speaker 3: Our second day was at Disneyland, and when I proposed, we were at like this Bahamas Disney.
Speaker 1: Yes, he has just been a part of it. And then our wedding. I've done. I've done Disney Magic, Disney Dream Yeah yeah, yeah, I done a Disney are different. Yeah, because they're the only cruise line that can have fireworks at sea. Yeah bro yeah yeah, so fun on you bro, Yeah, I'm talking about me and my partner. We we bought the Roy and Walt Disney sweets like I had one side of the ship and he had the other side like that. Yeah, we gotta go with you yeah ye crazy yeah, yeah, we did it. We did it all the way the two story sweet Yeah. Yeah, bro, you got the free bunks. I had, the Roy had the walk. Yeah that's dope, man. We got those Yeah, yeah, that's all we get to do. Those got some pictures and left Yeah, they're just left there. A lot of different Tech nine was up in there. That's crazy, yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, but yeah, you know they're they're they're starting out, man, and you know, Jeff and I tell them about our lives and try to scare them as much as possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love respecting, understanding, energy, your way, thank you feel I'm saying. Yeah, yeah, they work together on this show. It's a won't let people get in your head man. You know, family can get in your head. You know what I'm saying. They just insert little stuff that can work on you and work on your you know, self esteem, everything, man, jealous friendship and social media makes comparisons happen like they're doing this, Why we ain't doing that? Like right, they ain't really doing that. It's just on TV. Yeah right, right. You know what I'm saying, some people are really doing it. Like if I post one, I'm really doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the gender reveal doesn't need to be you know, twenty thousand dollars, right doesn't.
Speaker 1: You don't need to special general. We did We did our gender reveal in our backyard, man, that's right. Yeah, yeah, man, your backyard, those a few acres. Take it easy, check it's not like that. Yeah, take your time, man, you know what I'm saying, And just have fun with each other. Man. It's it's a lot of in the in this hell of a world, we can find heaven with each other, you know, like the wars happening and people are sending missiles and everything. We can still it doesn't make you, you know, blissful or anything like you don't know what's going on around you, but you know you have to try to find some heaven in this hell. You know what I'm saying, that we we make heaven of our own lives. You know, I love ones and you know after this week, I leave on the twenty seventh, I get home on the twenty eighth, and we leave for our Hawaiian vacation with my family on the twenty ninth. You know what I'm saying, Like we have to take time to try to find what we feel is heaven in our minds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, man, and it keeps the love in the realm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, money don't buy you happiness, but I think money buys you time to plan for happiness. It is Heaven should be at home. Yeah, man, go home right here. Heaven is not does not go beyond your head. Have in head or hell from your heels. You know what I'm saying. You can make either one of them with people. I see it on the highways out here all the time. Man. People just not practicing emotional intelligence. Now that's hard to do, it is, you know what I'm saying. That's hard to do. I've been seven years trying to practice emotional intelligence, trying not to get off my square. And I was listening to a brother talk. I was at Russell Peter's house last night, kicking it. You know what I'm saying. His bodyguard was telling us that dude pull a gun on him. You know what I'm saying. And you know, things happen out here, man, And I'm like, he's not the guy who pulled the gun. Ain't practicing emotional intelligence, No, he's not, you know what I'm saying. And you can do something in five minutes to give you fifty years or kill you. And now with with social media, it's it intensified everything because everybody has a channel. Yeah, you make me look stupid on your channel. I'm coming to your channel and pulling up like that. I just saw this YouTuber killing a dude's wife and him his wife. Man, I'm like, for real, you're just gonna throw your life away like that in the middle of a divorce. Yeah, man, emotional intelligence, man, people, we need to try to find some control, emotional control, because emotions make you die sometimes. You know, a lot of people want to conquer the world. You have to conquer your mind first, Yes, sir, man, it's all about that. It's all about that. You can de escalate with this. You know, you don't have to fight fire with fire all the time because you burn everything down. Come on, man, let's talk about some of Gandhi or something. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody to hear from the album like this is the one that everybody's eyes are going to light up. And man, when you're really excited about.
Speaker 1: They're all my babies, and nobody want to call their baby ugly. Who's your favorite baby? If you say who's your favorite baby? And I got more than one, You're gonna be in trouble right now. Do you have the most fun making? I was? I was really proud that I got three verses out of Yoda and made it exciting. It sounds it sounds like it was tough because it was hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm saying challenging.
Speaker 1: But the story about my first rhyme being written, Lola got the beat boxing in it. Man, I just want people to hear it. Man, I want people to hear it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's taking it back.
Speaker 1: But it's a movie on there. Like, keep in mind, it's all cinematic, you know, because it's my life story, you know, my origin story, so the stories from twelve years old to seven seventeen. So, but I want it's this one song on there called the Nice One. It's so cinematic. It was so cinematic that my guy who's doing the an R you know, Black Wall, and he's like, man, I don't think that fit on the album, man, that fits on a Tech nine album. Man, right there, he said, this one is supposed.
Speaker 2: To be hood.
Speaker 1: This is where you started in the hood. That ain't really hood, man, you know, so we're trying to keep the hood to understand that you got this, you know, because you know you're doing all the rock and roll stuff, you know, and people love it. You know, you're following in reverse. We love it, you know what I'm saying, but they don't know where you came from. No, and the nice one. I said, that's me though, That's what happened to me and my story. So it's it's like a it's it's like a movie. I can't wait to see what people think because it has everything and its sexuality, it has racial stuff in it and everything you had to walk through. Yeah, man, it's dope. It's dope. I can't wait for people to hear it. And it's a big one on there, that's right.
Speaker 3: Like I felt like maybe because you've been doing this for a long time, yes, sir, And I felt like you could have done this at any point in your life before now, Like, what made you want to do this album now?
Speaker 2: Not me?
Speaker 1: Because when Black came to me last last year, he's like, we want to hear an album with just all verses by you. I'm like, Nope, that's boring, Tech nine just rapping all No, it's boring. He's like, no. Man, as fans, we love that you do collaborations, but sometimes we fast forward to your verse. You know what I'm saying, no matter who's on the song, you know. So I talked to my partner Travis the next day in his office, I said, Black Walt said he think I should do a whole album, you know, just me through all the verses, and he's like, he's right, man, we want to hear that. I'm like, okay, So I said, okay, if I'm gonna do this, i'm gonna take it back to the origin fifty eight sixteen for us. I'm gonna name it that. And Black Wall's like, yeah, you know what I'm saying. So I never was planning on doing this. So that's why it's happening now because Black Whld brought it to me and like what you think, and I'm like, we started building on it. Yeah, we started building on it. And when I started, when I got to the third song, I'm like, wow, this is beautiful because I chose beats from one producer that Black Wall hook me up with. His name is Japaz, and he did all seventeen tracks and when I got to like, check track three, it wasn't redundant. All the beats are different. So my stories are different and my pitches are different, and my cadences are different through the whole album, man, And it's a wonderful thing. Man. It's like it wouldn't have happened if he didn't bring it to me. So that's why it's happening right now out of twenty five years with Strange Music, forty years with me in the game from eighty five, you know what I'm saying. So it's like, now I'm giving you my origin story. And it's not like I don't have anything else to talk about because I just left everybody with Cosm collaboration, got killing Mic on there with me and hops In on one, and then I got Snow the product and Kevin Gates on one. You know, we up here with it, you know, right here, And I'm like, hold on, I'll be back. I'm gonna go do this origin story. Then I'm gonna come back up here, and my next album is gonna be called Decorated. I'm gonna Decorated MC. I'm not my MoMA flex, you know what I'm saying. So I know where I'm going. I'm not just telling my origin stories because I'm getting to the end of us, Like, well, I ain't got nothing to talk about. I got I'm so energized. Man, here, I still got planned, I got plans. I'm up, we got we got plans. In Beef Tallow. Yeah, we can't be you see you see yeah, you see me signing man, I see man yo. So very early on, you guys signed Jay Rock. Right, we did Jay Rock.
Speaker 2: Uh you guys go on tour, Jay Rock brings his hype man.
Speaker 1: His hype man is Kendrick Lamar. His hype man was m J. First, his cousin, his relative, and uh MJ got killed on our tour. First time anything happened like that. It messed up the whole tour. Man Kendrick came out to fill in for uh MJ as Jay Rock's hype man. And that's when I heard he gave me section eighty And I'm like, whoa, he gave it to you on CD. Yeah that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Whoa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you see people give you CDs. You don't really get to man, because Jay Rock had already played me. He'd be on the bus playing black Hippie and I'm like, who is that. He's like, that's ka Dot man, He's Katot. Before he came on the tour, I'm like, Kato's dope. So when he came out, I was already I'm like, Katt, you're the one they called Katot, right, and he's like yeah, yeah, yeah, He's like, hey, check this out. I'm like, holy moly, doing up shot? You know what I'm saying. It's like, uh, I listened and I had an album I was doing. Maybe it was all sixes and sevens. I don't know, but I did a song called I Love Music and I put him on it before people knew who he was. I put him on it with my relative Marcus Yates. We did a song I Love Music, you know what I'm saying, and he did the last verse. Fragile happened right when Good Kid, Mad City was taking off, so that one blew the hell up. Nobody knows about I Love Music because it was section eighty. That's what I was like, we gotta do something, bro.
Speaker 3: I remember when Fragile came out.
Speaker 1: And it was crazy Man may Day sent us that song with the beat with Kendall Morgan singing the hook and them singing the intro and singing with her on the hook, and it was their song. They're in the studio with me playing me the song and they say, hey, this is our song, but if you want it, you can have it.
Speaker 2: O G.
Speaker 1: I'm like, are you sure? You sure? Are? You crazy? Yeah right? You sure you are to give me this hit? Yeah? Man, you can have it. I'm like, I'll take it. So I sent it to Kendrick. He was on tour for Good Kid Mass City. You know what I'm saying, Uh and uh. I remember Yellowolf. I was on tour and Yellow Wolf got on my bus and he said, he's expressing how he was disgruntled, not disgruntled, but like unhappy because the thing how they put out his record wasn't really for him. You know what I'm saying. It was just like insert MC. You know what I mean. We have all the beats done for you, you just insert yourself. And he said, I'm not I'm not motivated tech And I played him fragile with my verse. Some of the people appointed to give it the Pindican never to get it. I want you to come on and got legimmy and you know what, I'm here, you know, And he's like, whoa, Now that's what I'm talking about. Send me that, I said, I already sent it to Kendrick Man. He's like, Kendrick ain't gonna be able to do this one, trust me. He was just trying to get it. He knew yeah, trying to get it. Gonna be to do this one. Trust me, I can I know what to do with this, I said, so on my mind, I'm like, I'll get both of them on it. You know what I'm saying. Okay, I sent it to you two months Kendrick did it. Before he did it, I ain't never hear nothing back from Yo. So it turns out that Yeller could do it. But yeah, man, you know, isn't the story.
Speaker 2: The story is that Kendrick met doctor Dre on your tour.
Speaker 1: Yes he did. But people think I had a hand in it. No, y'all know that black hippie was doing it big out here. They already had make you feel all right, you know what I'm saying. It was already bubbling from what I understand before my tour. So doctor Dre is probably here in patrol make you feel all right and everything that he had doing on that black hippie. So this was when House of Blues was still on sunset. Wow, legendary. It was the day we was gonna play that. That's the day he met him. And I don't know if he put up the House of Blues. I didn't see him. I never met Dre in my life, and I got songs with Snoop, I got song with Cube, I got songs with M c Wren. You know what I'm saying, DC come to my shows in Dallas, you know, like, but never met Dre. Dre sent me something to do on a Rafiki or somebody was with him rafiki. I forgot the name of the guy Rafiki or fiki or something. He said, well, Raciti, okay, Resiti he sent He said, hey, Dre wants he's doing this beats New Year's Eve kind of mixed and he wants to do mashups. And he sent me the Beautiful People. I wrapped on it. That that that that that that that that, and I sent it back and he played it on the that's the closest s. Yeah, but I never met him face to fake. I'm sure I will. Yeah. I got song with Eminem I got you know, yeah, you know, but you've met Pak a couple of times, yeah, yeah, a couple of times. I got does Get Lonely Too with Park Before they remixed it, EMINEMM remixed it without me. You know what I'm saying, Because the one with me and Pak did uh two D three produced it. If I'm not mistaken it had if I was your girlfriend?
Speaker 3: Is that.
Speaker 1: We wrap into that Tech nine and T two teching too podcas see you.
Speaker 2: Went to.
Speaker 3: Throw what thought you knew?
Speaker 1: Does get Lonely too? Yeah too to Prince, but that wasn't about to get cleared. Yeah, so you know, you know, so I got you know, I got a lot of songs with people that Dre worked with. No, I don't happen, you know, I'm saying, I'm sure I will. You going on tour? Yeah, man, I'm about to go on tour with Falling in Reverse again. We went last year and it went so well that Ronnie Racky called me back and like, hey man, you want to go on another tour with me. I'm like yeah, yeah, yeah, And uh so I'm gonna do thirteen dates on their tour starting early August, and then right after that, I'm gonna get right on Bone Thugs and Harmonies tour with three six Mafia and DJ quick Man called the Thuggets Ruggs Mafia Tour. And I hear that they're trying to add Yellowolf to it. I think you know what I'm saying, Let's get it. So it's great, Yeah, man, and we're doing the gathering, and we're doing Louder than Life, you know what I'm saying. Festival, you know, coming up so and I'm doing the Grammy Museum on Thursday. That's right. You know, we still they still want to hear Tech nine. That man. Enjoy that Hawaiian vacation. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: On tour with families important, sir, Yes, sir, it's all about that tech noine.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, thank you. It's always a family feeling in here. Thank you. Love always doing ninety two three. Hey Jack get Rich with the Cruise Show.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to The Cruise Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Make sure to subscribe and hey auto download so you don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: So