Speaker 1: Big Food and Beyond.
Speaker 2: With Cliff and Bobo.
Speaker 1: These guys are your favorites, so like say subscribe and rade it five star and me greatest on Yesterday listening watching Lim always keep its watching.
Speaker 3: And now your hosts Cliff Berrickman and James Bobo Fay.
Speaker 2: Everybody, it's Cliff and you're listening to Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. Bobo, how you doing today? Oh, that's right. Bobo's not quite here yet, he's running late, but we do have a Bobo substitute. How are you doing today, Bobo substitute?
Speaker 3: Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 2: That's right, friends, it is Bart Kutino who's going to be our guest on today, the lovely and talented Bart Kutino. Things are going lovely, Bart. How are you doing, sir?
Speaker 3: Doing great? Doing great? Just got up here last night. I ain't do our little annual trip twenty years friends, so now looking forward to it. It's been great.
Speaker 2: So you've been doing the Bobo Bart trip for twenty years now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's about about twenty years.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. So that means you guys must have started when you were four? Is that right?
Speaker 3: Just about I don't feel it, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: So you this gout got there last night? Do you stay at Boba's house or do you get a hotel? Or do you stand in the truck or what do you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You know this one this weekend. We usually don't stay out. We might a couple of nights, but we usually just do some intermittent use his house as the base camp, if you will, and watch our football and eat, do everything else and head out periodically. Nice.
Speaker 2: And I was Thanksgiving for you because it must have been a big to do at the Coatino house.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you. Yeah, I know it was awesome. It was. We did mom and Dad's. I took over Christmas Eve so they still got it. And thirty five so big family, you know, thank got Some of them were actually spread out in other areas would be one hundred, pretty easy, these big Italian families. But no, it was a.
Speaker 2: Blast, fantastic. Did you do the cooking?
Speaker 3: No, actually they did. You know, It's never been my type of food. I've never been into the things, so I'm kind of getting into it a little bit lately. And Kim does a great job. But I yeah, I'll do Christmas Eve. I'll do all the Italian stuff, the seafood stuff. But yeah, not big on Thanksgiving. Do you guys have a good one?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, it was good, It was good. I went to the woods in the morning, that was rad. I found an interesting print. I cast it. I got the toes pretty good. The rest of the planter surface didn't turn out very well though, I mean because it wasn't really even there. I didn't even try that hard. So I made a damn and I made sure that the plaster would stay in the right place, so I got a really nice impression of the toes. I'm not exactly sure which individual it is, but I suspect it might be the male that is rarely found in the area because it is very, very wide. It is probably about probably seven or eight inches wide, and I think that's just bigger than the fourteen inch and the twelve inch would be so, and the impression that was there was about fifteen inches, so maybe it's the fourteen inch one, but I think it's the mail. I think we've now got two or three prints of the mail in the area, and the footprint seems to be about fifteen fifteen and a half inches long. So yeah, anyway, so I got a cast on my birthday, which is rad and then came home by one point thirty started preparing the turkey. I enjoyed cooking turkeys, so I did that, and then Melissa and I just kind of hung out and ate some turkey and all that fixing sort of stuff, killed a bottle of wine, and watched Fellowship of the Ring.
Speaker 3: So that's great. Was that a call in or was that a random on that morning?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh the track? Yeah, Oh, it was just random. It was just random. I'm in the woods one to three days a week at this moment, you know, So I always hit the same couple areas because I mean it would be I don't know, man, I wish there were more of me and I had more time to do it. But I try to hit the same one or two three different spots every single time I go, which is every single week, because if I find something like I found it yesterday but I didn't find it the week before, well then I have a time frame in which the creature walked through, you know, so I think I think that's important. And then if I had more time, which I didn't yesterday, I try to hit a new area that I don't think anyone has gone into and I'm trying new roads and new new locations and you know, driving thirty minutes away and you know, hitting that sort of thing. You know, just trying to use my brain a bit to try to wrap my head around what these things are doing. So that's the plan, you know, go to the normal spots to see if they've been there the last week, and if if we don't find anything, then go to a new spot to see, you know, just just a pope to see what's in there, because you just never know, man, unless you go, you just won't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that that was alliday, of course. And other than that, I've been working basically, you know, I've been piecing together a video, great video. I should send it to you if I don't say so myself. I think it's a pretty great video.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, check it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go check it out that I'll send it to you. It's a museum member video, of course. And then it looks like we're losing Scott, one of my employees. So he just covers weekends right now, so I'm gonna have to be covering weekends for a while until we get him replaced. Not super excited about that. But at the same time, it's good to be in the shop. I don't mind that I have to go in. I just you know, it's like always, I don't like to happen to do things on people's schedules, not even my own.
Speaker 3: That's the ownership part. Hopefully you'll get them, get them replaced here pretty quick, Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: So Yeah, So what's up with bows Man? Why is he not on the air with us yet?
Speaker 3: He had an event he had to go to. He's just he and as we're talking, he just rolled in about about five minutes ago. He'll be back up here in just a few he said.
Speaker 2: So he's been around for five minutes and he's not on. Okay, great.
Speaker 5: Now that Bobo has coverage, he's even more late than usual, of course, of course. So what have you been up to in the field, Bart, We haven't caught up in a while. We caught up a little bit after the book came out, But I'd love to hear what you've been up to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, pretty exciting stuff. You know. I figured out at fifty I'm going for it. You know, we all have limited capacity or battery. I mean, I'm never going to stop until it's done. But I decided, you know what, I got to step it up. And I think my wife so much ten percent of the year. I'm actually a Washington State resident. I'm up there quite a bit and got my gang up there. But we put together the Sasquatch Surveillance Project and started with Kurt Brandenburg, who's longtime Washington researcher and longtime friend. And then you guys know Nathaniel Bronis and sharp son of a gun, I mean, just brilliant tech and stuff I'm not good at. He's just phenomenal at. And it's great and we've got we went ahead and brought in and Chris and Rebecca Spencer just recently married and two great friends. And you know what Chris has done audio, it's unbelievable, is catalog and library. So we're kind of pulling everything to resources together. And we've got about eight thermal cameras out there right now. What Nathaniel did, essentially in a nutshell, rewired them so they're like trail cameras motion detection. They can go retrieve the SD cards every couple of weeks. So no one, as far as our knowledge, no one's really tried this yet. There was a lot of trial and error they've got I'd say we're about maybe three to four months in so far. No jackpot, but a lot of cool stuff, a lot of great animals, you know, during nocturnal hours, and you're seeing things that no one ever gets to visually see because the circumstances, right, there's no light, there's no nothing. They're just you know, in the wild. So some really cool stuff.
Speaker 5: So does it start recording whenever there's like a differential in the pixelization, like when anything hot shows up, no matter how distant. Yep, Oh, that's awesome because then you're not limited by the a passive IR sensor like you have on a trail camera that's only really seeing like thirty feet, and so you're you're basically watching as far as the thermal eye can see. That's amazing. And no, I don't think anyone's ever done that, because it must have taken some modifications to make the unit capable of doing something like that. So that's super cool.
Speaker 3: I don't know how the hell you do. I mean that is to me, I mean to me, it's my weakest point. I thank God for them and just brilliant. Like I said, there's a lot of trial and everybody figured it out and becoming seamless. At this point, he's able to get the units together much cheaper as well. So we've got about eight fleer Bosons out there right now. I'm going to probably double that here in the New Year.
Speaker 5: You said it's called the fleer Boson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're fleer Bosons. They're you know, I'm used to now. It's funny. I was a fleer guy back in the day and then the last last I don't know, ten years, I've got four pulsars now, I mean that's my that's my favorite. So they were kind of catching me up with these units. I think they came out after you know, I had my old age series and all of that. But yeah, there's six forty five twelve res. Yeah, no, I mean, they're they're phenomenal. So they keep them stationary, keeping the bare boxes. Apparently he's tested doesn't give off MTh. I don't know how he does that, but apparently that's the case. And the other think we've we've already had though a couple of incidents is where you know, when Bear found it, you know, at one point, but I think it's just a matter of time. We're in for the long game. I'm not following around. If anything, I'm going to double it, triple it. It's just going to get more intense from here. It's you know, we know they're out there, and you guys always know That's always been my my personal goal. He's always been passionate pursuit. I want it done. I'm not here to play woods and Wildman, and the sooner the better.
Speaker 5: So are these like handheld you units that are just mounted in bare boxes.
Speaker 3: No, they're the uh they're they're stationary units.
Speaker 5: They're like like the old pathfinders.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like, yeah, exactly. I'll send you a couple of pictures of the rig the setup. Uh. The he's got even the internal the bones of it, you know how how he's kind of rigged it underneath. And then also too, he's he's putting them in and uh, it's like an artist's job. You know, he's got them in like you know, big logs and snags and it's just covered. You just barely see that, you know, little windows screen and all that's all that's you know, everything else is completely concealed, and you know it's it's sort of what picks up IR doesn't give it off like night vision, and there shouldn't be technically, as far as we know, any deterrence. But I think we're gonna have to do some manipulations here probably quarterly. You know, we'll play around and uh, they have to just do some other things, you know, create subterfuge or whatever. But you know they walk by. You know, we got.
Speaker 5: Them, so that's very cool. Now, have you had any encounters, any experiences of the last few years since we did a deep dive and caught up because you know, you were one of the early guests on the podcast and we talked about, you know, your thermal sightings and your thermal footage and those things. But that was probably twenty nineteen or maybe early twenty twenty, somewhere thereabouts, within the first year of us having the podcast. So anything that's happened since then, the audience and myself would probably love to hear about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I had not a ton I did have in twenty one. I had a very brief visual I was completely caught with my pants down. It was on one of my bart foot expeditions in in the summer in Washington State the Southern Olympics, and first night getting there, and it was brief, but I saw enough of it, you know, as you guys know, having used these things, Cliff, you know, Bo, all of us, it's we've used it so much we could discriminate what we see. I mean, that's one of the keyest see into that thermal world, you know. And uh, it was one of those instances where I got there that night and I even just went for a one hour hike just to get a lay of the land. I'd never been there, and then just took a break to the third woman d rat. You guys know, I never take the damn thing off my eye. And uh, you know, talking with everyone visiting and and Jonathan Brown actually was there, and you said, uh, he said, you know, something's walking up the hill. And if I had a nickel for every time someone said that, right, it turns out to be nothing. But everyone kind of ran up and looked, and there was something running and I tad my throt my Thermalana, I'm looking and I'm just in shock. I someone I thought it was a person running around the front of the truck that was back down the road. There was no one else pass there, and I just who's running? It was so quick? Who's running front of the truck? And I looked in as soon as that thing turned it it was like you see, you know that it was the size wise it was only like maybe five eleven two twenty five, but that shoulders and head that definitive, no doubt, and cut through so quick went ripped up a bend through the trees. There was a little window through the trees. That's where I really really knew where it was because I could see from like you know, stepping through with like the running through I should say, with the thigh to the top of the head and the little tree branch bouncing as it just ran uphill. And by the time I got it recording, it's me trying to you know, compensate and catch it, get ahead of it going uphill. So I missed it by a second, but totally got caught with my pants down. It was, I mean, it was awesome. We had we had a lot of other stuff happened during the expedition, but you could see where, you know, it divvied that foot and just ripped in through that. I mean, I'd never seen one run or move like that, and it was it was just like wow. It was just another kind of reminder we are where we are why, So that was cool. Both of times I had bo and I think we got surrounded by Knox one time since I've talked to you. And then I had a long expedition coming back from Washington last well September going into early October. I didn't know. It was kind of uneventful. We hit a couple different places in Washington, had the Barfoot expedition with the Browns, and coming back in Norical, I stopped. We actually got Cliff for one night. I didn't even know he's going to be in town. We hadn't had a chance to communicate yet before. I usually see him on the way up. And Bou joined us too for a couple hours. But that's you know. Second night, I was Arizona with Leiderman and Cliff was there. Cliff had just gone out maybe half hour before, and I had grabbed I had a little epiphany when I was in Washington State. We were over by Rimrock Lake and I'm in the river bed, and I happened to clack those rocks together, and there are more of those colonial graphite like those hollow and those rocks versus the regular sediment rocks that you're going to get in the forest amplifies like three to four times. It's like throw on a speaker as far as like clacking. So I took these rocks with me. The other thing that was interesting is even if they're cold to the touch, the rocks stay warm when you look at them through a thermal And thinking back towards my footage and what type of rocks maybe we're thrown in it, and anyways, I take these rocks back. I clacked them about a half hour after Cliff and went down and about a minute half later not even got a full like twenty nine second sequence of clack, like very almost rhythmic. It was jaw dropping. I couldn't believe it, And especially where we were where there's a history there Cliff and boded. Stuff happened before there years ago. But it was it was it was epic. I mean just totally took me by surprise. And it was something too. I was mimicking it to Cliff when he got up, and I don't know if it's something where it almost felt like the cadence was like, oh you could do that. Let me show you what I could do. Or it's something that maybe means something had him fooled for a second and it's something we can exploit and maybe buy a check it, you know, if you will. So anyways, that was that was pretty cool. But other than that, pretty quiet. You know, we've recorded our stuff, you know, sounds here and there, but you know, nothing to get excited about him trying to I want to get the ball moved downfield, of course.
Speaker 2: Very cool. Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. We'll be right back after these messages. It seems most most of our research time has been spent up in Washington the last couple of years, or north northern California to Washington, you know during the summer. I know you take a long two week or three week trip up there every year, and of course you do this thing this weekend with Bobo. Have you been spending time locally in the central California area because you live in Monterey, of course, and you have the you know, the big Surre area to south of you, and there Santa Cruz just north of you, and the Sierra is just east of you. Have you done anything out there in the last few years.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, great question.
Speaker 3: I've actually been still been doing the Sierras intermittently, so I'll do two sections. I went back to the Sierra site in August to film with Eli for upcoming show coming up here in the early part of the year. But I've been spending a lot of time in this central Sierras, you know, with Strawberry Twain Hart area over there with Tony Ruan was one of my field partners. Great guy, retired guy. He had saw one in the engineer saw one in Sycamore Canyon in Arizona, I think about ten years ago, and that's really would you know, got him into it and great guy. He's also recently he was the first guy I think to go back in a long time as far as bigfooters to the Sierra Sound site. He kind of figured it out through you know, pictures that were left and whatnot, and so he made it all the way to the site, took all the comparison pictures. It's actually awesome. I kind of went underneath the radar. He's he's a big information share type of guy. I mean, just awesome guy. So I'm going to be spending a lot more time there. You know, it's only three and a half four hours. It's convenient. It'd be a it would be a great ideal place to get footage. I mean, because you do have you know a little better tree separation. I mean, the Sierra is just ideal, you know, if you can get them there. So anyways, yeah, we're in to you know, June, July, and August, do a lot of weekends over there. And God bless my wife. I mean she knows. I mean that's this is my last goal you know in life, is to you know, got them once. It wasn't good enough, but I want to just have that one time to uh five minutes to slam the ball and the goal line and then the death start happening in life as we get older, right, I mean the roller coaster of life. But this is uh, I want to make a big push and get try to get this thing done.
Speaker 2: Well, you did say a couple of minutes ago, and I'm quoting you, you're going to do this quote until it's done. Do you really think you're going to stop?
Speaker 3: Oh you mean post.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like say Darby and those guys get it done this year. You know, then it's a done deal, period, no question anymore. The professionals take over, the anthropologists or primatologists, they're in there doing stuff. All of us are kind of kicked to the curve and we're just watching the Discovery Channel, you know, documentaries on them. Now, you know, are you still gonna Are you said you're going to do it till it's done? Does that mean you stop doing it?
Speaker 3: That's a great question. Actually no, absolutely not. I would keep doing it. But I think what would change is just that underlying See, guys, that's mine as you guys know, I mean, that's my big intangible is the attention, you know, And it's I think it would it's it's always because I've seen when I've had my visuals, I saw how easily I could have missed them and probably have, And so that price of attention it would probably come down. I'd actually be a little more relaxed and you know, probably enjoyable the pressures off where I fill out there. It's not a business to me. I've always separated business from my passion, but it's it is a business in the sense that I know how hard it is to see these things. I've seen them and I don't know if I'll ever see one again. I'm going to give myself every opportunity, But I think posts there would just be that, you know, a little more of a I could let loose a little bit, you know what I mean, instead of constantly feeling like I got to be aware.
Speaker 2: I kind of wonder if it's going to be even legal to do what we do, calling and knocking on trees and stuff like, you know whatever, that nighttime stuff. If you still do that, Like is that even going to be legal or is that going to be considered harassment of wildlife or an impossible endangered species?
Speaker 3: You know, that would be well, we got we got mister Bobo joining us here. But yeah, I know it's a great question. I've thought about that before. I think you're absolutely right. It would be it would be arassed, but there would be no way there allow it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, this is kind of an interesting question. There's a lot the lot, a lot of unknowns out there besides just the animals themselves, Like what will happen, like what will it look like post recognition? I think, you know, and what do.
Speaker 3: You do about just it's a continent wide distribution, It's not like, it's just these you know, immediate geographical you know, little pockets. I mean it's like, where do you you know, I think that's always been what you said, it's habitaty. How does that all work?
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, I think you it would start with wherever the discovery is confirmed, and it will move into minimal necessary increments to allow for that discovery. You know, that's a debate I've had with a few of my sasquatch researcher friends who think that, oh, well, if you prove that they exist, you'll get nationwide recognition. And it's like, I don't think so. I think if you if a specimen were collected in Florida, they're not going to preserve habitat and enact legislation in Washington. You know, I think there would still be a host of challenges and fun things ahead that citizen science could achieve. That would be whether it's detecting populations via e DNA. Once you have a fully sequenced genome from a specimen, Okay, well, now we're going to look for this signature in the Cascades and the Sierras and the Rockies and the Olympics and on and on and on. And then in terms of what you're trying to do with getting footage, like well, just proving that they exist via DNA, people would still be desperate to know what they look like and how they move and how they interact with each other or the environment, and so all those things will still take many decades to accomplish and achieve. And you know, it might become illegal to harass them, but it won't become illegal to be in their habitat with a camera or a thermal, you know, right, and.
Speaker 3: All that stuff. You'd make a great point. I mean, all that stuff would flesh out and time, you know, over time.
Speaker 2: I just hope I can to have a part of it all. I mean, I don't I don't really mean discovery whatever. I know they're real. I don't care about discovery so to speak, or recognition necessarily, But I just want to learn about them. And I see recognition of the species as the door that needs to open for us to learn more. Obviously, because you can, I can only get so far doing what I'm doing here. But you know, once we have the genome, and once we know these things are out there, like everybody knows they're out there, it's not a secret anymore. Basically, I still want to go out and collect footprint stuff, and I want to get some e DNA from footprint. I want to learn about the big foots that we have here in my neck of the woods. Those are the ones I care about. You know nothing against anyone's bigfoots wherever you are in Virginia or Florida or wherever else. But man, the ones that are here are the ones that I've been dealing with for a couple of years now, and those are the ones I want to know the most about.
Speaker 6: It's pretty small minded, cleve.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: You know me man, For such a big head, I've got a pretty small mind.
Speaker 6: I care about all the squatches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's only so many hours in the day, man, only so many miles left on my vehicle.
Speaker 6: You'll you'll always have a spot now.
Speaker 7: I mean your mother's you know, protege, like he's the top scientist. So I mean you'll always be You'll always be in there, and you've contributed a lot. You're still going to contribute a lot, so you'll be they'll be calling you that. I mean, they're not gonna call me, they'll call you.
Speaker 2: Well, well, hopefully with the institution behind me, the NABC. You know, I can continue being a small part of the team that's putting this puzzle together. It seems like a good way to spend the last thirty years of my life if I eat, if I have even that long. So we'll see.
Speaker 6: I just hope and recognize my contributions as an eventure of the Sasquat Stop Dance.
Speaker 2: That's you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a great graduation.
Speaker 2: Were you a pigeon yet?
Speaker 6: No, the pigeons weren't well in hard I was, but we weren't a real gang until eighty three.
Speaker 2: He was a proto pigeon, a proto pigeon, So.
Speaker 6: I wasn't a pigeon yet, but I was an egg and spirit.
Speaker 5: You're waiting to hatch?
Speaker 6: Yeah, unknowingly.
Speaker 3: I never can do that.
Speaker 2: Wait, so Bobo, wait, can you roll your r's, like if you're speaking Spanish or something, can you roll your rs?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Can you do that? Bart can't do it?
Speaker 2: Oh, you don't have the gene. No, Well, Bob's welcome to the podcast. By the way, how are you doing, my friend? Anything good going on? Bobs? You've been to the woods or anything? And anything cool going on?
Speaker 7: Uh? I went out with Bart last night. I got out a couple of times last week, I got once older this week. Nothing going on, but I've been feeling the vibe like something's gonna happen again.
Speaker 2: Are you up in the red Woods orre out of Bluff or where were you just so? The road wads on the coast Bluss probably probably snowed in right now, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Where are you gonna check it out?
Speaker 2: Yeah you might as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're gonna go how far we can get. Those other guys, Uh, Doug and Todd have some stuff up and again down lower, like a few miles up the road, So we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Go check that out.
Speaker 7: Gus Todd's out there this weekend. He went out there last night, so he's out there. So we're gonna check it out probably tomorrow or to night or something.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, very good, Yeah, Bart was Bart was saying, it's twenty you guys are twenty years in on this now.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's that's nuts.
Speaker 6: I've only made one bet so far this whole weekend.
Speaker 3: He's doing good.
Speaker 2: That's the other part about this big weekend with you guys. Sure you guys go out big footing and hang out and have bro time and stuff. But it's also all about football, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yep, absolutely, I love it. It's always been. That's always been one of my other just crutches.
Speaker 2: I just love.
Speaker 3: I love decompressing on the Sundays and watching football.
Speaker 6: I love watching Bart bett and gamble and yell and scream at the TV.
Speaker 2: It makes you feel not so alone.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he puts action on every single game.
Speaker 6: He's got action on some part of it. So it's like game he's going, oh man, like.
Speaker 7: Like you know, the whales of lament to the victorious, joyous yells of victory.
Speaker 5: Bart We had a we had a previous guest on and I'll spare them the embarrassment, but I'll tell you off the record who it was and when we when we started the podcast, we hit record and Bobo was like, hey, I got a lot of money on this game, so I can't turn it off. And so the whole time the guest was talking. Every once in a while in the background, you'd hear Bobo go. So I left them all in there because they're they're just so hilarious, dude, They're so funny to hear, like him talking and Bobo going.
Speaker 3: Ooh yeah for me for the interception, No, I love it.
Speaker 5: Put on the chimp screams will be out in full force.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. So yeah. So it's uh we have Bart, Bobo, Cliff Matt, and several football games is going on all during the same podcast.
Speaker 6: Sorry, sorry, that's all right.
Speaker 2: It's a small price to pay to having a podcast right now, you know, And I think our listeners will probably agree with that. It's at least at least he got us.
Speaker 5: Do you guys bet against each other?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's a good question, dude.
Speaker 6: H we will tomorrow, Yeah, we'll do it, yeah tomorrow. I was gonna say that I was just an h MP's ladies funeral or memorial just now.
Speaker 3: They did this.
Speaker 6: It was one of the biggest ones I ever saw. That was a thousand people.
Speaker 7: There probably are something like that the whole community of southern like Ferndale for fourteen area.
Speaker 6: There's most like a lot of old rancher families and stuff. It's all Portuguese is at the Portuguese Hall like overflowing into the streets.
Speaker 7: They did a big slide show with music and then they're playing like Whitney Houston.
Speaker 6: Always love you whatever.
Speaker 7: And then then also the music stops and it cuts to a voice flip Patler left for eighty and like one of the last ones where he sanger a song right, yeah, yeah, Like all these people are like grimaces, all like eighty year old ladies with blue bouth botch like grimacing.
Speaker 3: Like she goes, what is that? I'm like, that's Patrick.
Speaker 7: And she just and she just shook her head like I said, I just looked around watching all these people.
Speaker 6: Uh like just in bewilderment.
Speaker 7: What happened? Like this beautiful, lovely voice. Also there's Patler screeching metal vocals. He's wearing his best poisoned shirty man. He took a black Dicky's colored shirt and so had a lady so on his poison and Cinderella patches on the front.
Speaker 6: He's wearing his good shirt.
Speaker 2: His good shirt.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, if there's one thing that could be said about heavy metal Pat is he's exactly the kind of guy that would put the fun into funeral?
Speaker 5: What episode was he in for the listeners with Bart Bobo's Backyard? So if you're not familiar with heavy metal Pat, go look that episode up.
Speaker 2: And with Bart, Yeah, the fining big Foot episode of course, so it's not a podcast.
Speaker 3: Was that four Team were thirteen? Fourteen?
Speaker 6: Thirteen?
Speaker 2: No, it was after that, No, it was it was fourteen, because that's where that's the episode that we found soci on I believe.
Speaker 7: Okay, So yeah, we had Fireball. We had Fireball, Bart and HMP in one episode that was Now we got kicked out of it. We all got kicked out of the hotel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I got kicked out of the hotel for having Sochi in the room.
Speaker 6: I got booted too, for too much noise.
Speaker 2: Well, you were heckling the car dealers.
Speaker 3: They deserve this right. We were at the Casino Hotel.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 7: I was on fire, though everyone else was laughing, just except for them.
Speaker 6: They should have been laughing those good times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good times.
Speaker 5: Well, Bubbo, you are a perfectly lovely house guest. But I have heard tales about your hotel etiquettes.
Speaker 7: People are certain hotel management was trying to relign my character. And but I was always a very gracious guest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he always stayed one step ahead as far as malignment. Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. We'll be right back after these messages. Are you still loving your job?
Speaker 6: Uh, it's all right, yeah, I mean it's way worse.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I fink it's a job. I mean, but at the same time, for a job, it's pretty.
Speaker 6: Good, right, Yeah, I mean I like it.
Speaker 2: And you have a Christmas break coming up too.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, we'll go down and see the folks.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna take the time off to make sure I get up there when prove it comes out too in January?
Speaker 2: Oh really for squatch Fest huh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, do an appearance an appearance at your place too, Cliff.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course, always welcome with you guys.
Speaker 3: Are or you're both speaking squad. I'm going for the first time this year.
Speaker 2: I'll be up there both Bat and I are speaking at it awesome. Then who else is it? Ken Gerhart or somebody?
Speaker 6: I think so?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Ken Kathy Strain is speaking, Amy Boo will be speaking there, Shane Corson.
Speaker 6: Shane yep in LINEA.
Speaker 3: It'll be fun, Prude, How long are you going for.
Speaker 5: I'll be at Cliffs Museum on Thursday and then doing the event Friday through Sunday and then coming home Monday. Okay, Bart, I don't think we've seen each other in person since the North col trip in twenty ten, so we are overdue, that's for sure. Earlier this year was the first one of those I'd ever been to, and it was a very well run event. It was awesome. Had a blast out there and saw so many great friends and all the attendees were great. It was a real treat to be there. So really looking forward to this one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's gonna be cleugh. I went to that one and whatever. The first year, I went to the first I think I went to the first two. I went to the first team and I thought it was awesome.
Speaker 5: But well, if you come out there like we should, just because my table was usually like next to or near cliffs, we just put our tables together and just have one big, bigfoot and beyond booth.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to be sitting there.
Speaker 2: That sounds like work.
Speaker 6: We got anything to sell?
Speaker 5: You could sell selfies and autographs.
Speaker 7: Yes, I still got some heads actually left over from doing the conferences.
Speaker 5: I was at McKay's bookstore in Knoxville yesterday and I was telling Emily, like, yeah, the last time I was here, Bobo found a single copy of the Fighting big Foot book and bought it used and then signed that one copy and headed a his merch table at the event in gallen Burg. He's a businessman.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I made twenty three dollars on that deal.
Speaker 5: It was a good deal.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was a good That was a great stop. I'm a genius.
Speaker 5: Do you guys have specific plans anything you're going to try to accomplish during these next few nights of outing and celebrating twenty years of squatching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm kind of interested in your specific techniques of what you're doing out there in the woods.
Speaker 3: You know, the.
Speaker 6: Usual barton his rock knocks. Last night we just sat, which are that same spot?
Speaker 7: Just we sit and then when do we have like a twenty percent success right or something twenty five percent?
Speaker 3: You know, there's times of years, but then it's yeah.
Speaker 6: And I've gotten stuff in between.
Speaker 7: So I'm hoping, well, last time I was out there was well, not last time, but one of the last times I was out there was with our buddy from Pennsylvania that came out and we left, and then when he went and got a recorder the next morning, there were knocks. There was knocks that came up around the you hear the knocks come close to where the recorder was, and then you didn't hear him walk up or anything. But you heard the last knock real close to the recorder and that was it. But so they gave us no indication of being there, but they were there, and we didn't know until we left, you know. Thll I think it was twenty minutes after we left we started hearing the knox on the on the recorder. Yeah, so they're around to announce themselves all the time, you know, so we're hoping to catch them going and the old girl sections were hoping to going to go in between trees or there's big gaps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got, like I said, the tripod the thermal. What I've been doing different now this day is I used to I always had the one around my neck manually that I basically sleep with that thing. But then I tripod the others, you know overnight. Well now I'm trypodding them, you know, behind me on trails whatever, just coming back retrieving them, pulling the footage. Could do it on the on the stream vision app now and uh, it's interesting, just a lot more animals, you know, like you could just have nothing you know, no animals present that you see or you know, hear feels like, you know, take off for an hour film and sure enough, you know, something comes through, Bobcat runs through or whatever. You know, deer comes through. So I'm doing more of that and we're kind of facing uphill in the tree gaps. Yeah, that type of thing. We're doing a little bit differently, and and uh, we'll probably create He'll do, He'll do, probably do some driving, and I'll be doing a lot of therming. I mean, we're not going you know, we might do a couple overnights. We'll see, we're gonna play my air there we are, Oh, I'm in music. Music to my ears.
Speaker 6: Crews come back tomorrow. So we'll heat out look at all those.
Speaker 7: Nights yelling and screen of the TV over the weekend and go out and get out there overnight. And these guys httle satellite So we got that. We got his pizza and all that stuff. So we're setting up on a put a little pop ups up and have satellite TV and the squatching.
Speaker 6: Dirt you know, just in between. Uh, I mean you can set up there and watch football and squash at the same time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's rough. In it. I was gonna say, if you had the starlink thing, you could just like pipe the football to like one handheld unit, hold it in one eye, and then have the thermal up to the other eye. Just keep walking around.
Speaker 3: That's so true.
Speaker 6: Goggles off of it's eyes different.
Speaker 5: But exactly.
Speaker 3: I love the multitasking. I love them just being up here like this. One's more of like, you know, we're just doing our things we love to do together, and but you always mix in the squatching. But you know, we've had a lot of good things happened over the years on these trips, this time of year, especially you know, on the coast.
Speaker 5: So since we're talking about a twenty year anniversary, did you guys meet on a BFRO expedition.
Speaker 6: Or first one? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh four, And then I met Cliff. It was exactly a year later. I met Cliff with BO. I was out with Bo in the same area. Yeah, I talked about it. I think I just lucked out, you know, once getting those invisible handcuffs off at twenty nine and jumping in and going on the first one. I mean, Jesus, first person I talked to you literally was Bob Gimlin. I was just like, yeah, I know, it was pretty cool.
Speaker 6: He brought his cousin, you know, his cousin. He had a peace on. He brought a nine mill tucked at his waistbag just in case you never know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jason kme. We lived together at Fresent's feet. It was great. He had a blast. That was a good time.
Speaker 6: This wear like a tracksuit, like looked like John Gotti or something.
Speaker 5: So what were your first impressions of Bobo. I'm sure the listeners want to know. Bobo's very beloved and celebrated.
Speaker 6: Here all to your big g God bart.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I actually thought he was hilarious. Love the guy right away, be honest with you. I can't even joke about it. I mean it was, it was. It was great and he and God bless him. He I was. I was afraid of my own shadow at night the first time getting out, and I was like, you know what, no, if I'm going to do this, that's the first thing that's got to be shed. And that was that was the person who helped get that standard shed it very quickly. Now it's you know, been creatured the night. I wouldn't have any of the way but that he was instrumental in that a lot of other things, but no great, great first impression. I thought he's hilarious. My cousin loved him too, But uh yeah, we stayed in touch and then I think you came down to Santa Cruz, I think, and then you know, right off the bat, I mean just we all kind of became friend. Moneymaker was down visiting Monterey, you know, within a couple of months, and then there was a lot of connection. I had to just being back home. Uh you know Ron moorehead like he's you know, Ronda. I think got married at our restaurant, you know, starting factory back in the day. John fred is still great friend. He worked in Monterey County. He already knew you know, knew my family there. So it was just like I felt comfortable right away, you know with everybody. And then you know a lot of years going out together. There's a lot of a lot of special time.
Speaker 5: Sounds like you won the Bigfoot lottery, you know, because there are it was probably a little different, you know, I know it was at least for me twenty something years ago, where it was such a it was a much smaller pool. But I venture a guess that there's still probably the same percentage of like people who don't conduct themselves very well in the subject, you know what I mean. And so the odds of meeting people that you hit it off with that you would want to hang out with anyway, those are pretty low. So that's you definitely got a winning ticket there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely definitely did. It was it was kind of it was kind of something meant to be. It felt like, you know, and you know, and I had to learn. I was very raw, you know. So I I really have learned last twenty years like a sponge. I've just learned everything backwards. I fished a lot, but I was never a hunter never, you know. So I've learned everything I can from everyone I can, at least enough to be dangerous in all areas. And what I love about our field than all the friendships too, is just everyone who specialized in you know, you got to track ish, you know boom. I got Cliff immediately, I got Audio, I've got Chris Spencer, and I got David Ellis immediately, you know what I mean. It's everyone's got their niche mine mine is the thermal and never taking the thing off my eye. But everyone's got something to contribute. That's kind of their wheelhouse, per se. I love that and the friendships and relying on each other and it's great.
Speaker 5: Oh absolutely Yeah. Cliff and I were having a conversation the other day about just the current state of Sasquatchry, and I was kind of mentioning that, you know, I think a lot of people get into this and they they're pretty convinced that they're fairly dedicated, because I think people look at the subject and they see a lot of bad actors and they think like, oh, well, these people are faking being dedicated, and it's like, no, No, I think a lot of these people think they are, but they just haven't run up into tough times yet or frustrations or all that. And so the only true measure of dedication is time. And they're such a small handful of people that I could think of that I know who have been involved as long as you guys have, you know, twenty plus years, twenty five, thirty years, you know, in Cliffs case, in Bobo's case. But to see those people, and the great thing about that cohort of people is they're all friends.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: It's like everyone who's been around for that long. You know, all know and like and respect each other and work well together, and so there's really a lot to be said for that of like, you know, whenever people say, oh, just so and so, are they serious? Are they dedicated? Do they really believe? It's like, well, they've been at it hardcore for twenty something years. Do the math, you know, of course, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: It wasn't until the Internet that I've met anyone like me. Well, I mean, one guy that was really into it, but other than him.
Speaker 6: Who wants.
Speaker 7: All of a sudden, I was like, well, I'm making friends in big money after like twenty I was already doing it for like twenty years. Then that started being you know, maybe fifteen years in my first letther big footers, and I was just like, this is rather like, well I can come with her, like just as new it as I am. I want to go out as much as I want to. I was like, this is awesome.
Speaker 5: Oh absolutely yeah that's and we've all met through the BFRO essentially, and I you know, I could list twenty thirty something people in my life, you know, even including my wife that I met through BFRO related endeavor. So in a way, bfrro was kind of like squatchsonly dot com or something, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Well, Matt Moneymaker is truly a matchmaker. Yeah, he's the one that told me that if if I ever do have children, I have him to think Matt Matchmaker match moneymaker.
Speaker 6: Yep, much better match moneymaker or Matt Matchmaker.
Speaker 2: I like match moneymaker.
Speaker 6: That'll be, you know, that'll.
Speaker 7: Be whoever whoever answers that first to the podcast reply, when's the contest about?
Speaker 6: To get the free message from me and Cliff?
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Bobo will leave you a voicemail, not like leave it on your voice, but he'll create an outgoing voicemail so that when people call you they will encounter Bobo.
Speaker 6: Or send a voice text to a person of your choice.
Speaker 5: A heckle, that would be nice. Yeah, and so for the second episode in a row, now, I'll put Bobo's cameo in the show notes.
Speaker 3: So thanks nice.
Speaker 5: If you guys want to personalized message from the Bobes, click the link in the show notes.
Speaker 2: Everybody, stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 5: Do you remember in the early days when Bobo's sigma would be wonky, and so he would drive up the mountain and use his phone as a Wi Fi hotspot and have his laptop on the steer will to do the podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that was somehow better.
Speaker 5: He was listenable. I can't I couldn't tell you off the top of my head which episodes they were, but there was more than one where he'd be like, hold on, I'm just getting parked up here.
Speaker 2: I know he's done some podcasts from various parking lots.
Speaker 6: Logging roads, parking lots.
Speaker 3: Out of the road.
Speaker 2: You're one of a kind, Bobo. Thank you, Yes, I'm thankful. There's only one of.
Speaker 3: Them, yeah, Bart, one another bet So you.
Speaker 2: Guys don't show that. I mean, Bubo, your team's at the forty nine ers, right, yeah? And what about you, Bart? You probably have some like obscure team that you love that you're you'll you'll die for, right.
Speaker 3: You know me too well, but you die hard Miami Dolphins than Toronto Blue Jays and baseball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I was thinking, because you're you're you're a team player, because I know, I know about the Toronto Blue Jays stuff, and it's like well, my brother was in the baseball, and I've known some people who are in the baseball and not one of them has ever said, oh, Blue Jays are my jam. But you have and you've stuck with it forever.
Speaker 6: Man, he's the only got some Blue Jays, Dolphins, Sharks, and Golden State Warriors fan like HARDCOREA the only one.
Speaker 3: Oh the Warriors, I don't know you about. I mean, I have an MBA, I watch it. I'll bet off the playoffs a little bit, but I just never they're.
Speaker 6: A Warrior fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I am, but it's I don't fall on like the other three.
Speaker 4: For the.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know anything bart As you know, I'm completely ignorant about most of these things that you guys are talking about. Have the Blue Jays ever won the Pennant?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They went well. They won the World Series back to back when I was just out of high school. It was awesome ninety three and it was funny because back home, you everyone's you know, especially a Giants, a lot of as fans too, obviously, but it was I remember one of them was like a Tuesday night and it's I'm out just celebrating and no one gave that they were all happy for It wasn't the same as when they all win and everyone's just yeah, you know, but it was No, it was great. I was glad to see them win. I saw, you know, the Dolphins won the Super Bowl a month before I was born, and I've not won again. See, they've lost a few I've seen. But my wife says, with my teams, because there's been a lot of middling and losing here and there. But I'm never the never the bride, always the bride'smaid or whatever is saying to tease me on my teams. But at least you know, I'm a loyal son of a gun.
Speaker 2: Indeed, you are a team player to the end. So that the next couple of nights, how many more nights do you have out there?
Speaker 4: Possibly I might might head back. I might head back Wednesday's probably maybe three or four, maybe four a Wednesday morning. Yeah, I'm looking and planning on head not Wednesday morning. So four nights, four nights.
Speaker 2: And you'll be home that night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, be on that night. It's about six and a half getting back home. So I last night, I before night, before two thousand and four, I'd never taken the one on one pet north past San Francisco, and then since then it's like sixty seventy times.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, very good, Ben, Yeah, so I might be down there, go visit with a Mike Rugg for a weekend before he closes up shop there and see if we can work something out with the museum situation. I'll keep everybody posted on that as things come.
Speaker 3: Up, let me know we I'll run up and meet you. It's only right there, so.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, for sure, I have a handful of friends in that area, and I'm certain I would reach out to at least several of them, and you're one of them for sure. So hopefully i'll see in a couple of weeks here.
Speaker 3: Yeah'd be great.
Speaker 2: Well, other than that, what'll be closed down shop here? I mean, it's been kind of a fun hangout. Not a ton of bigfoot stuffwere it was spoken about. But you know what, the thing about bigfooting is that has a way of taking over your life and every single thing you do is bigfoot. So for me personally, it's kind of nice to just hang out with a couple of friends and shoot the poop for a little while and talk about a couple other things besides big. But even though when I am with Bart or Bobo or Matt, certainly the Sasquatch thing always always comes up. It's just such a big part of all of our lives. So thanks Bart for coming on and hanging out, and thanks Bobes for coming on and hanging out your own podcast.
Speaker 7: I don't want to be glad to know that Notre is making a goal line stand right now against the USC. It's thirty five twenty one, so we're looking pretty good.
Speaker 3: They're gonna win the game. Why don't you let me cover at least cover the points.
Speaker 2: Let's do this. This will be fun because we're recording right now, obviously, so by the time this airs, everybody will know how these games turned out. I want, but y'all want you both to make predictions on the biggest games today.
Speaker 6: Notre Dame wins. So he just story right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah for this guy? All right, we go well and got a couple of games. I'm going on a right, we're talking points spread? Are we talking just the game?
Speaker 2: I know that you're talking to Cliff, Like, I know what a point spread is? Gues who's gonna win?
Speaker 3: Who's gonna win?
Speaker 6: I like Uh.
Speaker 3: I like Iowa Steam too.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know they had a team. Who what else.
Speaker 6: I got matters of losing tomorrow pretty uty handle League.
Speaker 3: UNLV by eighteen. They've got to win by eighteen or more UNLV.
Speaker 2: All right, and Bobby, you're you're betting against your own team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because that way I win either way. If if I lose the bet, we won the game. So I'm happy. If they lose and I want money that I takes the sting out.
Speaker 3: That's what I did, Thanks for Dolphins, and I won. They get their ask kit.
Speaker 5: I knew it, and I think we're gonna lose anyways, maybe I'll have to put in a If you or someone you know has a gambling addiction, please click the link in the donuts.
Speaker 3: Oh, I totally do. It's just been under control for forty years, dude.
Speaker 6: Part will have will have literally like how many bets you ever now, like over one hundred?
Speaker 3: No no, no, not like that. But see I look at it, it's gonna ta I look at it very differently. For me. It's not about the money. Like to me, it's I set aside at you uncle money at the beginning of the year. If I lose it, I'm done for the year. If not, that's my play money. So it's already gone. And I bet big. But I mean that's for me. It's not about the money. It's it's the I don't lie to myself. It's the escape. It's decompressing, it's a different kind of fun stress.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: And these are words from my financial advisor. Thank you for.
Speaker 6: Suck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got to advise that, Cliff.
Speaker 2: All right, Bobs, get us out of here, man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, folks. Well, thanks for the great bark, Contina for joining us, and yeah and that thanks.
Speaker 7: For joining us also and clip as always. All right, folks, thanks for tuning in, and until next week, y'all keep it squatchy.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and beyond,