Speaker 1: Seven thirty here fifty five CARRICD Talk Station, a very happy Friday, and so please do a special edition with retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis since we missed out on an opportunity due to a technical glitch. You know, sometimes without Joe, the show don't go, even though Shaw mac Man is doing a wonderful job covering for Joe. Better late than never. Welcome back Daniel Davis at the fifty five KRCY Morning Show. It's always a pleasure talking with you. Yeah, I'm feeling really like almost withdrawal symptoms from heaven not talk to you on Tuesday, so I'm glad we made it up. It's always an enjoyable and engaging discussion and very informative. And I didn't get a topic from you, but I kind of assumed it would be a continuation of our ongoing discussion over the situation between Russia and Ukraine. And if you want to go in a different direction, that's fine. But I had to ask you about this because my friends over Breitbart were reporting the British Defense Minister was meeting yesterday. They got around thirty countries to move forward with plans on deploying troops to defend Ukraine or otherwise, you know, after a peace deal, is to gociated to secure the perimeter or something. They said two hundred military planners from thirty countries were working to develop plans for deepening European involvement in Ukraine. But here is the and it's not funny because we're talking about war and we're talking about people dying. But as Ripe art right real quick, as breipbart Wright's building a force big enough to act as a credible deterrent is proving a considerable effort for nations that strength their militaries after the Cold War, I mean, no kidding, I mean without us, they can't even defend themselves. How are they going to take on this large responsibility when they don't have any armies of any size any longer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is truly bizarre.
Speaker 3: I'll say their meeting today, by the way, that was the Coalition of the Willing Military arm meeting there yesterday.
Speaker 2: You're talking today.
Speaker 3: The defense ministers are meeting in Germany to talk about nwth AID, which apparently just a couple of hours ago was released like twenty twenty one billion dollars in additional something like that. But I mean, it's puzzling because the Russians are saying, hey, we're working with Trump to try to find a way to end this war, but we keep telling you that no NATO countries will be allowed any kind of a peacekeeping force at all.
Speaker 2: It's a complete and total non starter.
Speaker 3: So then the question has to be if we're telling you that's not even on the table for the Russian side, and you can't have them in there unless there's an agreement on both sides, then why are you going down a path that is not going to be acceptable to anyone?
Speaker 2: It is bizarre to me.
Speaker 3: And then, as you said, it's also alarming because they can't even come up with enough people even to put on paper that could go up in there. And I don't know that they realize it, but that is signaling significant weakness to the Russian side to get more bold because they see that their paper military on the whole Western side, and that's something that should trouble all of us.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, and I'm certain Russian intelligence is painfully well obviously aware of the limitations of the European Union's military forces. It you're I mean, you understand military warfare and deployment of troops. This isn't like if they had a sizable military force and sufficient assets and missile systems and weapons systems and satellite capabilities, they had everything they need in order to wage a potential war. They're not that far away from Ukraine. I mean, they're right there on the perimeter. It's not like deploying forces from you know, the Gulf of Mexico I'm sorry, Gulf of America over to Saudi Arabia and and and and we're you know, to launch missiles at the houthis that takes a long time. But if you're already in you know, Western Europe, it's not that far of a drive to get to Ukraine, right, I mean, am I missing something? No?
Speaker 3: And in fact, we you know, when I grew up in the Cold War, uh, in the in the army, in the US Army there, and we used to have what's called Reforger or Return Forces Germany, where we would do this big movement uh every year or two would send you know, huge numbers of forces and be tens or hundreds of thousands of troops would take part from all the different NATO countries moving around to show that we had the capacity to physically fight in the event that the Soviet Union ever invaded.
Speaker 2: Well, now then.
Speaker 3: You see that how far the whole, the whole NATO itself has deteriorated that it can't even muster a handful of thousands. I mean, originally they were looking for as far back as December two hundred thousand peacekeepers, and then they said, well, maybe one hundred thousand. Now then they're saying maybe thirty thousand. Yeah, and they're having a hard time with that. What kind of signal does that zend to your potential adversary on the Russian side, who, by the way, have expanded to one point five million active troops and growing.
Speaker 1: Well, that is in I mean, I suppose one could characterize it as an as an existential threat, but recognizing that you're still talking about some nuclear armed countries in spite of the fact they have very few people to wage a way, you're still looking at the potential of the holocaust like nuclear holocaust scenario, which is the only thing I suppose that prevents Russia from actually going in and invading Western Europe, which I don't really believe. And maybe you've got some thoughts on this that that's something Vladimir Putin wants to take on.
Speaker 3: No, he does not want to do that, but he is building up a force that could do that if he feels that he is threatened to the point to where the NATO nations are actually thinking about going beyond where they already have, which is supporting a war against Russia, and if they don't reach a peace agreement, they're saying, hey, at some point, if we can't assure our security on our western flank through negotiations to end this war, then we'll take whatever actions we need to to go first. There are many in the Kremlin that are pushing hard for that. I'll just tell you straight up. I see it in the Russian media. They have been very open. I'm talking Russian state media has been very open about saying that's what we should do. They're building a force that could potentially do that. Meanwhile, we're just talking on the other side. And Brian, all of this puts in great relief that when you look at what we talked about a lot, the balance of power between the two sides is just irrevocably on the Russian side. For the Russia Ukraine War, It's now evident. It also extends into the NATO Alliance, and instead of recognizing that and going, holy crap, let's get this war over with and see if we can fill the holes here, they're ignoring the reality, still trying to pretend it's back during the time I was serving and when Reforger, when the balance of power was evil equal, And instead they're continuing with this fiction that they're going to try and beat Russia through Ukraine.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make any sense at all.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, looking forward, let's assume the worst case scenario that okay, the warmongers that surround Pewtin have their way and Russia goes ahead and tries to take over Western Europe. I don't care if they have two million troops, how many millions of people live in Western Europe. I mean, you can't you can't hold the block, if you know what I mean. If you've got enough people, you know, willing to take pot shots and random Russian soldiers, you got this potential long term, you know, unsustainable girl of warfare. I mean, think about we were in Afghanistan for how many years, one single country, and we ended up pulling out the great American might, the great American military couldn't hold one country and I don't know the size of maybe Texas or something. I don't know what the geographical realities are. But when you really practically think about this, it's almost it seems like an insurmountable challenge.
Speaker 3: Well see, and that's that's if Rushia wanted to occupy all of Europe, which.
Speaker 2: They don't even even in the in the version.
Speaker 3: What they're talking right now, these warhawks in the in the Moscow side is that they just want to defeat the military capacity of NATO and then so that they can ensure that they're safe because there won't be a threat, and then they would return home. So this is more like an exponential expeditionary event, not a quest event.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I think that boiled down though.
Speaker 1: That's bluster on the part of the warmongers over in Russia, because as you and I have just talked about, the NATO alliance isn't really a threat. Well there's that, and maybe that's why Russia or Putin himself has pushed back against the hawks, because he said they don't really represent a threat, but they do want this war over, yeah, and they're willing to do whatever it takes.
Speaker 2: And I think that that's where they could.
Speaker 3: And according to General Sersky this morning, I just saw it just before we came on an air. He said that the Russian offensive that they've been warning about began apparently yesterday the day before. It's apparently a slow creek, but it's an increase in the Zaparisia and in the Sumi area in the north.
Speaker 2: And we'll see where that goes.
Speaker 3: But Russia may be deciding to just solve this on the battlefield if they can't get a diplomacy.
Speaker 1: Well, and the more they take over, the better their position becomes in a negotiation, and maybe that may be the point of moving in. You know, if you guys aren't sitting down at the table and working on terms that are at least palatable to the Russians, because guess what, we're winning and we continue to win, and you're running out of soldiers and munitions. I'm sorry, you don't have any negotiation here, So let's get it over with. You give us the Russian occupied primarily Russian people regions, that's what you know we want. We'll let you have the rest of Ukraine because they don't want to send there. You don't want to send there. Let's get this thing over with, because that's the obvious conclusion if you're going to negotiate piece, that's what's gonna happen, right.
Speaker 3: Brian, Listen, I think I'm gonna see if I can't get a hold of President Trump this morning and puts you in charge of the negotiating game, because you got it, you have it figured out, and we just need to make sure that you bring Europe alongside your obvious logic and rational thought there, because that's the only way this is gonna get to an end, because no war is gonna end until one side at least recognizes finally that they can no longer continue to put forth effective resistance and to the point of where they go, all right, we either keep fighting in die or we make a deal. And apparently the West, certainly it's not, and I guess Ukraine hasn't gotten to that point either. So we have our new Russian offensive and we'll see where that goes.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, maybe they can play this conversation to the collective that's going to be meeting today. All I'm saying is, you know, listen, we lost Vietnam. We pulled out and we lost, but you know what now they're a trading partner with us, so over the long term and ended up working out.
Speaker 2: We licked our wounds. We looked bad, and you know you move on right. It's time to do this.
Speaker 1: It's time to quit killing. End the story. Daniel Davis deep Die find him online. Listen to this podcast. I always love the conversation, Danie'll look forward to too. And actually not next Tuesday. I'm off all week. Next week I'm taking a mental health week. Got to have one every once in a while, So I'm taking the week off. But fast forward a week from tuesday, we'll hit the ground running again.
Speaker 2: We'll look forward to it. Now.
Speaker 3: Let you know what President Trump says about you being the negotiating team.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. Take care of yourself, my brother, we'll talk soon. Already one if it's five cars Detalk Station, Peter should