Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped off. You don't need advice. Who you don't have to.
Speaker 2: Come running just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Me, come man Dix. He is the Troubleshooter Show. No tell Martino.
Speaker 4: Hey, lo, I'm Martino here, welcome to the show. We are here, of course, to solve your problems, answer your questions, take your complaints, make your life a little easier.
Speaker 1: Hey, do you know what this is? Of course you do, all right? You just get pulled over, sir, License and registration? Please? Do you know why I pulled you over?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: Does that sound like a good question? Because Colorado's looking to outlaw it.
Speaker 1: Did you know that?
Speaker 4: So there's a bill being proposed that would prevent officers from even asking why.
Speaker 1: Did we pull you over? Do you know why I'm pulling you over?
Speaker 4: The bill introduced by the Colorado legislator says, no, we don't want officers to ask that.
Speaker 1: Do you know why? Because it incriminates people and let's use the other word, it's racist. I have no idea why.
Speaker 4: But look, I have learned one thing, no, two things. Everything in the world can be blamed on one racism, two climate change. Oh, let's add a third Trump, Mark, Do you think that covers all of them?
Speaker 1: Not anymore? But I agree with you. Yes, Okay, Now I got some texts.
Speaker 4: I always get mean text about Mark, and so I like reading them. And it's always and it is to market. They don't say Tom, they don't say lovely Tom.
Speaker 1: They say and one guy call you Mark Minor. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it says Trump took off as a four percent unemployment rate, historically low and the strongest economy in the world's strongest stock market.
Speaker 1: Within two months, he's destroyed it. What say you, Mark? What say me?
Speaker 6: Is the economy is looking super spectacular, magnificent, the best economy ever. In fact, in fact, we just had a number come out today. Do you know what that was? Inflation came in lower than expected.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Oh you're right, No, you're right, actually, yeah, right. I want to talk to Pat Jolliffe, my partner over at Wave eight Wealth Management, for just a quick comment on the stock market economy. We sent out a letter to our investors and we wanted to let them know we have our pulse on it because really, with volatility, sometimes there's nothing you can do.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: One thing you should never do, ever, ever, ever is run for cover. Well, no, excuse me, it's all right to run for cover. You should never exit and sell with losses. I mean people that panic like that. In fact, what was it that Warren Buffett famously said, do you remember the quote?
Speaker 1: Pat said, when others are carrying your fear? I don't know, old or something, be cautious. Can we hear Pat? I don't hear him. Can you bring him up?
Speaker 4: I can't hear him. Fine, okay, Oh well I don't know. Oh okay, my earpiece came out. Sorry, I got to fix my ear.
Speaker 1: What I like you to comment on.
Speaker 4: I know that a lot of people have a tendency to exit. I'm sorry, there we go a lot of people have a tendency to exit.
Speaker 1: When things are looking bad. What does that do, Pat?
Speaker 4: That cements your losses, doesn't it?
Speaker 7: It does?
Speaker 4: I mean, ye, there's there's absolutely nothing to secure your loss better than just selling out a loss.
Speaker 1: Now, well, go ahead of Mark.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 1: Mark. Oh, I thought you were saying something. Mark. I'm sorry, I know you're saying so.
Speaker 6: I do want to throw something in real quick and then let's let Pat talk. But you know, people I think tend to forget with the tariff talk and the tariff's going in place. We're the largest marketplace in the world. We're basically the most successful, richest marketplace in the world. So to think that other companies aren't going to play ball and make things fair when we sell into other markets and they still want to sell into.
Speaker 1: Theirs is ridiculous.
Speaker 6: We're going to go through some bumpy times, but to think someone's not going to sell in to the largest flea market in the world, you're just insane.
Speaker 1: And I agree with that market war.
Speaker 8: You know, it's essential that the US is growing and operating and existing. I mean, the others cannot exist without the United States of America. And so to your point exactly, people will rally. This is a negotiating tool, right that tribes are excuse me, that Trump's playing and it has a lot to do with non economic issues and drum trafficking, those kinds of things. So going to come around and plane, I think we'll start to see that be reflected in the market as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, so pat people do a number of things. Either they sell off, take losses, and I don't know what happens to those people they sell off and take losses.
Speaker 1: Then you have other.
Speaker 4: People that go to cash and just wait, and then you have other people who sit and just actually some seize opportunities.
Speaker 1: What camp are you in, Well.
Speaker 8: I think it makes sense to adjust the portfolio when you've got molatility, if you're not already positioned well for molatility when it's going on. One thing that people don't realize I think is that a lot of the institutional funds, and particularly the pension funds, will will park the cash or go to conservative investments for a period of time. But these are like large defined benefit pension plans right that the government has and many municipalities and different states and things like that, and they know what those future liabilities are and they have to be able to.
Speaker 5: Pay for them.
Speaker 8: As a matter of fact, they continue to pay for them and their dollar cost averaging and reverse if they're making pension payments out when the market's going down. So they might go to reserve cash for a while, but in order to maintain those future liabilities, they have to put the money back in the market. It's the only asset class marketplace that is going to allow them to keep pace with the future liabilities that are known quantities. And so you definitely like to vote.
Speaker 1: Every every major fund in the world.
Speaker 4: Every major fund in the world is in the stock market, like it or not, every major fund in the entire world. That includes retirement funds, pension funds, everything. Okay, Now that doesn't mean to say there's not other investments. But right now, ninety nine percent of all money is held in the stock market when it comes to investing, not in annuities, and not in offshore things, and not in real estate. And I'm not saying those are bad investments. There's a time and a place for every investment. I've said it before. So when there's a big influx to cash, meaning a sell off, and they go into cash, they're they're sitting there in cash. They haven't pulled the money out of schwab or out of a trading house. They's sitting in cash. What does that mean when they say sitting in cash as a defensive move, what does that actually mean?
Speaker 1: I love doing finance for dummies. What does that mean?
Speaker 8: Well, it can mean that they're just putting it in the bank where the yields are exactly exactly at okay, or they might put it in a money market accountant, you know, or something that a short term bank notes under think of that nature which we've used, or the yields are definitely better. And we've been in an environment historically where yields have been good on cash obviously in fixed income instruments. Now you know to see those come down with the quantic data using and so on. So that's that's also going to be a fact.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Now when people go to cash, they come back out of cash. That flow has to take place or the country doesn't exist. So it goes out of cash to cash out cash to cash out cash too cash. Okay, So what happens now when they come back into cash, you have opportunity before that, not after that. That's what people People are always running after the big money.
Speaker 1: And that is like, isn't it truly? Isn't that what Buffett preaches against?
Speaker 8: Absolutely, the market's having a sale. And I have these conversations with four to one cap that has spends a lot, who for some odd reason want to run the cash from the volatility spikes and the market's having a sale. And what I say is think of the four to one k as a buying machine, not a balance machine. My goodness, if things are cheaper in the market, and you're buying at a consistent level dollar cost averaging into the market every paycheck. Keep doing that or double down on it, because you're buying shares at a discount. When the water comes back in, you're going to reap.
Speaker 5: The benefit that much more. So. It's you know, I don't know why, but.
Speaker 8: Everybody seems to get that premise when you're out buying clothes or food or anything else. But you flip it into the market and suddenly it just doesn't seem to make sense anymore.
Speaker 4: Well, it's just with HVAC. They do it pat two. When it's extra hot, they'll buy the brand new conditioner. That's when they think about it. They could buy one right now for a song, but instead they'll pay a third, well not necessarily a third, but twenty percent higher, twenty five percent higher, waiting until it's really, really, really hot.
Speaker 1: Same with furnaces, same with anything. Now.
Speaker 4: I don't know about cars and the best time mark. What have you found the best time to buy cars? You do a lot more car buyer than I did.
Speaker 1: It's what are you possible to me?
Speaker 6: It's impossible to say now, But I wanted to say two things. One my idea of cash would always be at least like a Schwab value advantage fund, something that's pulling at least five percent a year. And you know, to me, that's about as close to cash as you can get. It takes twenty four hours to liquidate. But I'm in I'm in the school of your camp number three, meaning I see a buying opportunity. I basically I sold a bunch of that Schwab value advantage two days ago and went to a literal cash position to where I'm gonna buy it of something I don't know what yet. I feel like I'm in the mall on Black Friday. I just don't know what it is yet, but I'm gonna get really deep into something quick.
Speaker 1: So I think I think I'm ringing.
Speaker 4: I gotta I don't know our race a starry guys, I know anyway, So let me put it this way, then, Mark, do you need help with the financial advisement?
Speaker 1: No, he doesn't.
Speaker 4: Mark is one of those streaks of nature you don't want to mess with, you know, Pat, We don't even mess with people like him because you know what, they got it down.
Speaker 1: They say I'd like it, I'd like.
Speaker 6: Pats I'd like both of yours general information on something. Walmart's down almost thirteen percent.
Speaker 1: You know they got it.
Speaker 6: They pay a little bit of money to hold onto their stock. But honestly, if things do get higher and tariffs really do affect bottom line goods, the discounter, the largest in the world, always seems to be the only stock that trades against everything else, Target, Kroger, when they're all down, Walmart's up.
Speaker 1: I see it. It's a no brainer right now. I just don't know where the bottom is. You're right, but you.
Speaker 4: Don't have to search the bottom, just like you don't have to search the top. Good dollar cost averaging a work. But the thing about Walmart mark that I've noticed and why there's such a good investment. Walmart is one of the few corporations willing, literally willing to cut into profits and sacrifice for their customers. And that's not BS by the way, it's amazing they are willing to do that. Very few companies are willing to do that.
Speaker 1: Now. I will say Amazon eats a little of extra cost too. Amazon's pretty good. Apple will never do it.
Speaker 4: I mean, if they're if they breathe and use too much toilet paper, it's going back on the iPhone. I mean, it's like there are some companies though that that sacrifice there's not a better word for it, or they bear and grunt or whatever, but Walmart is one of those. By the way, I want to tell hell everyone, we're doing a regular consumer show, but the economy is utmost important, and I want to know what you guys are thinking. And these tariffs are gonna Look, we're going to go through a little pain until the world knows we're not going to be taken advantage of anymore.
Speaker 1: And that's what's really going to count. Three oh three seven one three tad Man Tit for tad is the fairest thing out there. You want to charge us.
Speaker 6: To sell our uh, you know, sell our vehicles in Germany or Europe or China or South Korea, and you want to charge us twenty five fifty percent, same goes for you.
Speaker 1: Now here's the other thing.
Speaker 4: If you have a consumer problem, question or complaint or just something you want to get off your chest, or maybe you're starting a company, we'll give you a plug. Tell us what you do. We always we used to do that called why am I Special? Now our number is three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one.
Speaker 1: Three A two five five.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Leave time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Artino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Let's go back to the phones and hey, listen, you know a lot of people have a lot to say about the pullover bill. When I mentioned it, I kind of now after reading just the show, I have an open mind, nothing like Mark. I have a wide open mind, and uh I will take other people's opinions here. So the bill that would prevent police from asking do you know why I pulled you over? Is actually a good idea. Here's why when they say do you know why? I pulled you over. They haven't given you Miranda rights or anything. They just asked you a question that could incriminate you.
Speaker 1: You could say, well, I.
Speaker 4: Know I was going a few miles over the limit, or I only had three drinks tonight, I'm not sure, or you know, I'm just kidding. But there could be something that incriminates you. Yet you haven't been Mian mirandaized. And that's where they say you write comic sil and blah blah blah. So actually that's not a bad idea. I joke sometimes on some of these bills and laws in Colorado, but I think that's a good one. I really do, because police can be tricky, and I don't mind it. But here's the other thing, the only thing I hate. Why do they have to why why why why why? Why why why why why why why do they always have to bring up race?
Speaker 1: Why? Why is everything because of racism? I can't even.
Speaker 4: Believe when they decriminalize car theft and you had to you had I don't know if they reverse that again or not, but you had to steal so many cars before it became a felony, and they said that was because it was racist or or you name something else. And what they're really said, this is what they're really saying with some of these bills, they're saying, blacks do some blacks commit crimes way more than white people, so we have to protect them.
Speaker 1: I mean, honest to God, that's how they put it.
Speaker 4: When it comes to something that they want to get through that's easier on people who get arrested or commit crimes, they say it's because it's racist. So what they're saying is, hello, black people, we know you com crime and you're you know, you do more naughty things, so we're gonna protect you. We're gonna raise the bar a bit, the level, the threshold, so you're not picked and nicked for everything you do. Isn't that what people are saying I mean, or they say math is racist Math okay, why they're saying, well, blactually can't keep up with us, so we're going to lower it a little and we're going to make math.
Speaker 1: So it's not racist. If I was a black person, honest to God, I would be so pissed, so pissed at this society. I wouldn't feel protected. I wouldn't feel protected anyway.
Speaker 4: Getting back to the economy, which is a really important topic. T bills are at about four and a quarter percent. But what Mark talked about was the Schwab account where they pay. They really do pay well and Pat during this time of tumultuous let's say, or I don't know if it's tumultuous times.
Speaker 1: Or volatility is a good word. People don't know what that means.
Speaker 4: Volatility really means up and down, up and down sometimes though it's just down down recession.
Speaker 1: Have any fears of that, Pat.
Speaker 8: I don't think so, Tom. I mean, the broaday indicators are so strong that I think it's more headline risks that we're enduring right now with all of the tariffs stuff that's going on. Fundamentals are just just too strong to really point towards the research at this point.
Speaker 4: And these indicators that we have, that the concurrent indicators what's called policy or government or things like that. What that means is it's a knee your quick reaction. It's not long term, especially if the fundamentals are there. Because if people are fearing losing and they don't lose, or they fear price increase and they don't get what they fear, you know, all of a sudden, those fears are quelled again. Though perceptionomics, something I coined years ago, does have a play in the market. If enough people think things are going to hell and they react that way, well, it can cause a bit of a panic. Again, what we say is steady the course. Don't panic, buy, don't panic sell now, look for deals and look for opportunities when starts flowing back in. That's what we do. We try to forecast that. For you, Pat, I know you have to run, go, go ahead, Pat, you.
Speaker 8: Have to believe in the process. I think too, Tom Right. So it's all about building a quality portfolio, having quality.
Speaker 5: Companies in there.
Speaker 8: He talked to more than about what he'll tell you.
Speaker 5: He buys the.
Speaker 8: Stock in the company and turns the market shuts down for five more years. It's not a slot machine for short term games, you know. It's it's you're investing in people and companies that are balance sheets of income statements, that produced data, and it can be a value.
Speaker 1: No, that's right.
Speaker 4: He doesn't believe in day trading or knee jerking at all at all. He buys value and fundamental skill.
Speaker 8: Absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And there's a little unfairness with Warren Buffett, a little because let's face it, when Berkshire Hathaway invest a lot in a sector, all of a sudden that sector becomes desirable, he raises he can actually raise the price by being in it.
Speaker 8: Oh, absolutely, so he'll market move all day long. Yeah, but he got so.
Speaker 4: Advice right now is advice right now? Truly, don't cement losses in panic. Don't do buying unless you know why you're buying. Although there are deals to be made, there were truly deals to be made.
Speaker 1: And if you're not someone like Mark who.
Speaker 4: Watches like a hawk all the time quickly when you need help, you can call us.
Speaker 6: Well, why does Berkshire Hathaway why do they? Why do they sell shares like a stock compared to running just like a general fund like we're used to. Why is it different than most?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: I was just a big time ructured Why is it structured the way it is?
Speaker 1: Or must be a reason behind it?
Speaker 6: And then the follow up is why don't other people structure like that?
Speaker 4: Okay, here's what Berkshire Hathway does. They buy and sell and they make profit and they have some losses.
Speaker 1: If they ran it like a.
Speaker 4: Fund, they would be regulated out of existence because they'd have to answer to every time Dick and Harry in the government. And even if they did a reg D fund, which is really an exempted fund meeting, there aren't the same reporting requirements. But you limit your investment base because if you do a reg dfund, a private hedge fund like we have, you have to have a certain net worth and a certain credit. It's called a qualified investor to even be part of it, and you're not allowed to advertise. So that's why they're not. So then he said, oh, I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll simply form a company, an investment company, and I'm not selling them securities. I'm not I'm selling them a share of ownership in my company. It's the most brilliant thing in the world.
Speaker 6: Then, and every hedge fund and every fund out there do it the same way.
Speaker 4: Well, because most hedge funds don't operate like Warren Buffett does. They don't have they don't buy for long term quality, they don't buy for fundamentals. They don't buy to try to turn a company around, and they don't buy to sell a company. They're not a capital fund and they're not just an investment firm. What hedge funds do is try to take advantage of volatility, and they buy and sell quickly. Mark, in our hedge fund, our average whole time is what is it.
Speaker 1: Pat two to five days.
Speaker 4: That's correct, and we're in and out our hedge fund. We measure monthly. If we make a one to two or three percent a month, that means we're on track to do thirty six percent.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, but it can't go in and out of something in two to five days, Well he can as a company.
Speaker 6: And why wouldn't we the way he does if there's less regularly, Well, because we don't have the horse.
Speaker 4: Here's why, Mark, listen, because when you buy Birks your Hathaway, you're not buying a stock in anything but Birks your Hathaway. So what you're saying is we love the way you do business.
Speaker 1: We want to hitch our train car to your engine.
Speaker 4: That's what they're saying. But if we tried to do that, Mark, we don't. We don't have the power to sell shares in my company and then go out and make giant stock trades and profits.
Speaker 6: They just use that as example, like like Bridgewater and Associates there they're one hundred and fifty billion. How come they don't structure that way? How come they're a hedge.
Speaker 4: Because because, okay, because they don't want to be they want they don't. They're not looking for owners. They're looking for people who say, here's my money.
Speaker 1: In essence, do anything you want with it, and then get me in and out.
Speaker 4: And they're just they're looking for a more qualified investor. That Bridgewater you're talking about, Julio's a genius. They're geniuses. That hedge fund is wonderful, but it's a hedge fund, not a business. And the reason they structure that way is for they they want to be able to take massive gains and losses at any time and not expe to people.
Speaker 1: That's all it's.
Speaker 4: Really, you have no explanation to investors with a hedge fund, with a Birks your Hathaway, you're a company. You're telling people we're a company. We're doing something. We're building businesses, we're selling businesses, we're buying businesses.
Speaker 1: It's a whole different structure.
Speaker 4: So it's like owning part of General Motors or Tesla that and end you have no regulation virtually, I mean, really, you don't because you're not selling a security. You're selling a piece of a company. And when you sell it yourself, it's not a security. If I sell those shares, it becomes a security. Pat am, I am I saying that correctly?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that sounds good. YEP, I think that's accurate.
Speaker 1: So, but why would you say that.
Speaker 4: Hedge funds don't form companies like Berkshire Hathaway and simply sell shares in their company.
Speaker 8: Well, they have limitations when you're a fund, right, So if you're a forty ZAC fund, you can only take up the typically a five percent position in any one company. But you know, it goes back to the fundamentals with Bussett, his whole fundamental is to go in and take a larger ownership stake in the company if you've never been to run the company right exactly, and so he'll take a twenty twenty five percent position in a company and essentially control it. If you've ever been to a Berkshire.
Speaker 4: But here's something else, Mark, here's something else. Performance fees in a hedge fund are tremendous. Now, obviously there's a reason for a performance fee. You have to hit your high water mark and you get twenty percent of the gain. So like one year our fund returned like thirty eight percent, we took twenty percent off the top.
Speaker 1: That's what you do.
Speaker 4: That's not twenty percent of thirty eight. I'm saying thirty eight percent. Twenty percent of thirty eight, so not twenty percent. So you take you take your performance fees. Birshere Hathaway doesn't take performance fees. They're simply a company making money and they pay dividends. Well, hedge funds would never do that. Do you know how much money they make in performance fee every month on a hedge fund? They make millions and millions and millions, like that Bridgewater fund you mentioned. And you can't charge performance fees when you go to when you go to selling shares in a company, there's no performance fees. Now you can overpay executives and all of that stuff, but that never that never works, you know, and ungodly bonuses. So really, these guys that have hedge funds, they want to charge that three percent expense fee or two percent expense fee, and then they also want to charge on the profit. They want to charge their performance fees because it's.
Speaker 1: Enormous, it's enormous. What it can return for them.
Speaker 6: The party gave me the understanding of the whole thing was to five percent. I didn't realize a hedge fund was limited to five percent when it comes to a company because they're never going to be making the decisions inside the company. Where if you can go in and buy forty percent of the company, you're you're pulling all the strings exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Now, twenty five million is a small hedge fund. But on twenty five million, if they returned and they can easily, we can show you we can easily return forty eight percent. Okay, Now that's a twelve million dollar. Now think about this, that's twelve million dollars in gain. Right if you put in a year, if you put if you do that, Now, if you do that and then you take you take like a ten percent or a twenty percent performance fee. Look what you're making. You're making two point four million dollars. You could never do that selling shares. Because you're selling shares and paying dividends. All it does is raise your stock value. And when it raises your stock value, Warren Buffett's net worth goes up because.
Speaker 1: He has insider stock.
Speaker 4: So when he says, I pay less payroll tax than my secretary. He's just a jerk because what he's what he's.
Speaker 1: Really doing, is tricking you.
Speaker 4: He's making his money on the dividends and on the on the stock price and on the equity, not on payroll. He probably pays himself nothing, maybe thirty five thousand a year, who knows. But it's really disingenuous when he said that, well, I pay less payroll tax than my secretary. Of course you do, because you don't take payroll. We got more coming up. Patrick wants to talk about Elbert County Police Department. That'll be interesting. I don't think they have a police department. I think he's talking about the Sheriff's department. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here and those of you that don't like looking at my face and they want to see more of Mark. I'm trying to get his camera up, but it's not getting up there. And every once in a while Mark has a problem getting it up.
Speaker 1: We all know it, and I'm just asking.
Speaker 9: Him to me.
Speaker 1: Did you try the new link I sent you, bro I did? It says it's locked, dude.
Speaker 6: Literally when it goes to it, I hit the camera button and there's a.
Speaker 1: Picture of a lock.
Speaker 4: I think that Kelly did not or somebody went Did they disengage the other camera completely?
Speaker 1: That could be it.
Speaker 6: Oh wait a second, Wait a second. I think I know what happened when you dropped in the other day. I think you came into my studio and unplugged something.
Speaker 1: I'll get it plugged back in. Hold on, see.
Speaker 4: And I thought you really meant it that you knew what was going on, because I ruld like to get your picture up there. But truly, I don't know why it's not coming up. It's a good link.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 4: Welcome people to uh Now, let's get back to the show and not leave you out?
Speaker 1: Patrick? What's going on with Elbert County?
Speaker 10: Hey man? So if you could just like pull up YouTube, I'll let the video like kind of speak for itself.
Speaker 1: Okay, you have a YouTube that you did?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, and what is on tell me? Okay, I gotta go to my hold on a second, I'll do it and tell me what I'm looking for on YouTube.
Speaker 10: Okay, So you're gonna just look up Patrick Martin and.
Speaker 1: Patrick gets you Patrick Martin? And what else?
Speaker 10: I just type that in and is it?
Speaker 1: Is it? Dandelion dandelion eyes?
Speaker 4: No, Patrick Martin, little shop of hors?
Speaker 1: This is what I get when I bring up Patrick Martin. I get a whole bunch of stuff.
Speaker 10: Bro Okay, bring up dy light.
Speaker 1: D I y yeah lights.
Speaker 10: Lights l I f e.
Speaker 1: O life got it? D y I life.
Speaker 4: Okay, I just did it, and let's see do you Patrick?
Speaker 1: I don't have. I don't have.
Speaker 4: There's nothing that comes up. Man, I just don't know. I want to look at what you want me to look at. I put in Patrick Martin. Okay, there's somebody who there's all kinds of Patrick Martin's, and you're not one of them.
Speaker 1: So I don't know how to find you. Is it? Is it a song? Tell me what it is? A video of what?
Speaker 10: So it's a police encounter?
Speaker 11: Where?
Speaker 1: But okay?
Speaker 4: So bro, if you're looking at what tags did you put on your video when you posted it?
Speaker 1: Give me a tag?
Speaker 10: I'm looking at my video right now? What did I put on here?
Speaker 1: Look up?
Speaker 10: Albert County Police?
Speaker 1: Okay? Albert? Okay? Was that one of your tags?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 10: That is one of my tas.
Speaker 4: Okay now, Albert County Police? Uh two years ago?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, got it? I got the video off. You will do what I tell you to do, Okay, I tell you to do. This is the video, people, because I don't want you to talk about the video, sir?
Speaker 10: What that that's what just noted my page. That's not the video. It's that's my page though, if you can, okay, another video on my page?
Speaker 1: Okay, what's the other video? How many encounters do you have? For God's sakes, which other video do you want? I have? I have February first, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 10: Yes, so one, but there's two. Twelve minute one is mine and then after mind stops, the next one is my son who picks up the video recording.
Speaker 1: Okay, so which one do you want us to listen to?
Speaker 10: The twelve minute one?
Speaker 1: Yikes?
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, hold on, we're gonna come right back to you. We love doing this, by the way, viewing stuff and we can share with our audience three oh three seven one three talk and if they're on YouTube watching us, they can watch us at a referral list or Troubleshooter network on YouTube and uh yeah, we'll get to that and figure out what you want to talk about. So just stick around, by the way, folks, we're gonna take a quick break, and then we're gonna look at this video. Renew Home Innovations for walking showers that are beautiful. Their shower conversions take out the old only shoves. You can get them done in two or three days with several months to pay. They have all kinds of contract financing options for you, and they're doing beautiful porcelain, beautiful porcelain, second to none, no no maintenance needed. And that's three oh three nine are a four to two thousand, nines are a four two thousand. Renew Home Innovations dot com go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hi Tom Martine, Okay I got this? Uh YouTube cubed that this gentleman.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I already warned. I already warned Shannon, he got it.
Speaker 4: Hey, hold on a sec, bro, How many bad words are going to be in this? Patrick?
Speaker 10: No, like that's it.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's lazy.
Speaker 10: You want to if you want to skip to the three minute and fifty two second one that is the conclusion of the video.
Speaker 1: But never mind, we're not playing this. Stop it, just stop it and stop it. Stop trying to say what? Man? Can you say a word without the F word?
Speaker 4: Just tell me what's going on? What are you complaining about? He's messing with us? Well, I want to know what are you complaining about.
Speaker 10: I found out that they've they arrested me on a warrant that they made up they fo.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, if that's really true, Patrick, if that's really true, then.
Speaker 4: You're a victim. But I'm going to explore this. You say they made it up out out of the clear blue sky, they made up a rank call bs. Well, we're gonna hear about it. Patrick, You're gonna have your say.
Speaker 1: On this show. I'm Tom Martina.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen two.
Speaker 1: Ripped up. You need advis so you don't have the.
Speaker 2: Run into just as fast as you can. Shooter is gonna help.
Speaker 12: Come man, this is.
Speaker 1: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino.
Speaker 4: Hey Tom Martino, here fighting for you, solving problems, answering question taking complaints. We had a great discussion about the economy. We're talking about all kinds of problems that make you tick and tick you off. And we have a guy wanted to talk about Albert County Sheriff's Department.
Speaker 1: And I looked over some of this video.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure exactly what he's calling about, but I believe everyone should have their say, and I mean necessrely. You know what what really counts is they have their say, just no f bombs is And also, I want to know what your main complaint is. You were stopped by Albert County police and you believe the warrant was completely made up, false, not true, and forged.
Speaker 1: Explain that to me, Patrick.
Speaker 10: I have been dealing with these guys for a while and they just keep harassing me.
Speaker 4: Man, And okay, tell me just real quick to Patrick. I know you have a lot to say, But in the interest of time and continuity, when was your first encounter where they started messing with you?
Speaker 10: Cool years ago? But just like for for continuity purposes, I haven't been I used to be an alcoholic. I have no longer. I've been sober for almost ten years, okay, and I recently haven't like they just, I don't know, just beenpointed me and decided they wanted to just make up this warrant. And I can prove it because I pulled my discovery because I can't afford a lawyer. And according to their paperwork, I had an FTA on July twenty six What is.
Speaker 1: An FTA, sir? What is an FTA or whatever?
Speaker 10: A fifth and a failure to appear for an insurance thing for not providing proof of auto insurance?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: And when was that? When was that appearing state? Supposedly supposed to be.
Speaker 10: On September twenty eighth?
Speaker 1: And do you remember that?
Speaker 4: Do you remember that event where they asked you for proof of insurance and you didn't have it?
Speaker 1: I do, okay.
Speaker 4: And did you know that when you did not have insurance that you were going to.
Speaker 1: Have to go to a hearing? Yes?
Speaker 10: And I did.
Speaker 1: Oh so you went to the hearing and showed proof of insurance?
Speaker 10: Yes, so, but they.
Speaker 4: Didn't record that you were there. They recorded that you did not show up.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 10: They recorded that I didn't show up two months before my court date was even supposed to happen and even on there.
Speaker 4: So there was a warrant issued. Okay, let's get this straight. Then this is back in what year? Was this this failure to appear?
Speaker 1: What year?
Speaker 10: Twenty two?
Speaker 1: So you were.
Speaker 4: Stopped for for not for and they checked you. Why were you stopped to begin with? They looked at your insurance and you didn't have it on you. But why were you stopped anyway?
Speaker 10: I was, I became homeless at the time. I was speaking in my car at Big R and Elizabeth, okay, and they hold up.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: So so you were confronted for sleeping in your car.
Speaker 10: Yes, in twenty twenty two, yes.
Speaker 4: Okay, now listen, I know, thank you for being sure with your answers.
Speaker 1: So you're sleeping in your car?
Speaker 4: They come up, they did you get chargement anything at that time?
Speaker 10: Yes, they had charged me with no proof of auto insurance and that that.
Speaker 1: Was all.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, So you did not have proof of insurance, okay, So then you knew there was going to be an appearance date and.
Speaker 1: You said you showed up.
Speaker 10: I did, and I closed it because I brought proof of insurance. And they had written in this war and made it up saying that I missed court two months before my court day ever even happened.
Speaker 4: Okay, But here's what I want to know is is there is there any kind of documentation showing that you did have a hearing for that that you went to?
Speaker 10: Yes, okay, and I so I have.
Speaker 1: They're saying, even though, so hold on.
Speaker 4: So they're saying, even though you did go to a hearing and show insurance before that hearing, you missed.
Speaker 1: You missed one before.
Speaker 10: That, that's what they're saying. But it was that and that they're saying I missed, and and what.
Speaker 1: Do they say about that when you explain it to them?
Speaker 10: I haven't had a chance to judge Warne me.
Speaker 1: Is it possible? Okay, I gotta, I gotta bring this up, Patrick.
Speaker 4: Is it possible you were stopped, you were giving a hearing date, you didn't show up, and then you went a another time after that. Is it possible you did miss a hearing date?
Speaker 10: No, it's absolutely not possible. Yeah, I'm a possible person. And so my affairs with cordial and diligence and okay.
Speaker 4: So what do you do for work right now? What do you do for work right now.
Speaker 10: I am a caretaker for a couple in Elizabeth. I don't have a license because of past DUIs and whatever. But yeah, I'm waiting to get my license back, which I'm eligible for right now. But all of this messages just like unnecessary.
Speaker 4: Okay, So when you were stopped and arrested on this warrant.
Speaker 1: Did you get nasty with him at all? Or tell me what happened?
Speaker 10: Oh? No, no, no, I didn't get nasty. We were just I asked my son. He was working out. I had just finished up dinner. It was cold that day. I needed to go to the store. I asked him if he could get me a ride six he was in town. He said yeah, I'll be there in a minute, and him and his friend came over picked me up. We were heading to the store and all of a sudden, there's light. As soon as we turn off on my streets, there's headlights blinding us, pushing us up this hill, pushed us through the stop sign, and then we go right and we go to the stop light and he's still just blinding the heck out of us. I have to stop light, waiting for it, still not pulling us over so left on to eighty six, and then all of a sudden he decides to light us up. So he's talking to the draft and then he immediately is like where you're coming from? Oh whoa, what are you doing over there? And I'm like the video shows at all. But as I'm explaining to him, he's like totally just like pinpointing me is somebody I'm not. And all of a sudden he comes back and he sees it on like videotaping and he's like, okay, well, yeah, no, it's cool if you videotapes. I'm videotaping too, right, and he goes, well, and the Stay.
Speaker 13: Of Colorado, this is how it works. I have the right to idea everybody at the traffic stuff. So once you about to give me your name and like takes my name, my son's name, and then he further interrogates me about neighbors and like I don't even know, like what are you trying to get at? And then before you know it, he just comes back and he's like, well, you got to step out of the car, and I say okay, like for what and he's like, well, we got to talk some more. And I said okay, like all right, like sure, like.
Speaker 10: What do we need to talk about?
Speaker 4: And then he's like, now, you weren't charged with resist or anything, were you, Patrick? Patrick? Just to cut to the chase, you were charged. You were picked up on this warrant. Were you given any additional charges?
Speaker 10: Not there but at the court out at the jail, Yes, at the jail.
Speaker 1: What else were you charged with?
Speaker 10: I had picked up some paraphernalia that was garbage. I was fishing earlier that day. I'm uh, there's this pond in my town. I consider it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't need to know this, Patrick. What I need to know is what was the paraphernalia.
Speaker 10: They said it was matt, I thought it was a crack pipe.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: So you're fishing, and as a good steward of the environment, you pick up the trash.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I don't want paraphernalia laying around the community, you know, my kids and stuffer around.
Speaker 4: Then come on, Patrick, Patrick, bro come on man, Now, I'm giving you every bit of leeway here. But now not only did you get wait, they forged the warrant. I'll even buy that, or they made a mistake, but then they found some meth paraphernalia on.
Speaker 1: You that you picked.
Speaker 4: Up as a good steward to because you saw litter when you were fishing.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it sounds crazy, I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So how much paraphernalia was there?
Speaker 10: Just two pipes? And like they said that there was a baggy. I didn't see a baggy, really, man, I had like a bunch of other trash. Dude, I'd like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: And you explained to them that you are simply a good citizen picking up trash along the path.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, but Patrick, listen to me. Now, I'm not buying it. Brother, I know I'm not buying it.
Speaker 4: I I'm sorry, And now I'm not saying. I'm not saying I won't give you some advice here. But could it have been your son? Was it your son's stuff?
Speaker 10: No? No, no, no, my son's And.
Speaker 4: Did you let me ask you this? Let me ask you this. Did they do a blood test? Did they do a blood test?
Speaker 1: Why? No?
Speaker 10: Because I don't have any history of drugs.
Speaker 1: Were you well? Were you charged with paraphernalia?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: So okay and missing the core tes.
Speaker 10: So let's let's say benefit of the doubt. I had math on me, I knowing we had on me.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and.
Speaker 10: Apparently a blue bag that had some residue. So yeah, for for argument's sakes, we'll say I'm guilty of all these charges.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 14: So so so as like they are super aggressive, like I wasn't visiting, and like I do drop quite a few f bombs. My apologies about that, But when you're being arrested for no reason, it's kind of hard to cheap it sometimes.
Speaker 1: Well it wasn't. It wasn't no reason, Patrick.
Speaker 10: Why was it no reason? There was no warrant?
Speaker 1: Well no, here's what I mean. Here's what I mean by that.
Speaker 4: Even if it was a mistake, there would be no way for that police officer to know that.
Speaker 1: So he was arresting you on a warrant.
Speaker 4: He didn't make up the warrant, it was there, and then they found drug paraphernalia.
Speaker 1: So what I want to know is this, what date was this arrest?
Speaker 10: The the thirtieth January thirtieth of Jent for thirty first Okay.
Speaker 4: Now here's what thirtieth Okay, Now here's what I want to know. Okay, where does it?
Speaker 1: Where is it right? Now?
Speaker 9: Where's what?
Speaker 4: Where's the case? How What's what's going on right now? How can we help you? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Why don't you hold on? Hold on? I'm going to come in. Here's what I'm going to come and ask. Patrick.
Speaker 4: I'm going to come and ask, and I have to take some calls.
Speaker 1: In between you.
Speaker 4: But I really am willing to help you if you If I know what you need and I can accomplish it, I'm willing to do it. You don't sound like a total nut to me. You do sound like a little denial here and there, but I want to know where it stands and what we can do for you.
Speaker 1: Right after this, go.
Speaker 4: With a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martine Your Troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven three at two five to five. Patrick, I'm going to come back to you, but first I want Paul Doubting. Paul's one of my good buddies, Paul thewatermanwaterpros dot net.
Speaker 1: And yet again, water is in the news.
Speaker 4: And it's amazing how many municipalities, now we're not talking about individuals, how many cities and counties and whatever, villages, whatever, municipalities are learning that their water is not safe and they're advising people to do filtration. Now, Paul, you're an expert in this area. You've done a lot of research.
Speaker 1: So when it comes to the mandates the EPA is putting out for.
Speaker 4: Domestic water, how are how are municipal systems going to keep up?
Speaker 15: Well, they can't. They're not designed to. That's just the facts of it. The municipality is not designed to remove the forever chemicals. Municipality is not designed to remove the microplastics, which is becoming an emerging issue. And then the other factors. Municipalities when they treat the water and they're basically treating it with carcinogens. They are chemicals that disinfect the water that are also cancer crossing agents, so they're just not designed to It's totally up to us as individuals to take care of the quality of water that we consume.
Speaker 4: Well, Paul, is it fair that municipal water systems charge us and can't delivered to us water?
Speaker 1: I mean, really, at what.
Speaker 4: Point do they say, Well, don't you think some days it's going to be mandatory that if you have a house you have to have a system.
Speaker 15: Well, absolutely, I think it's mandatory now, to be very very frank with you. Which for example, the pi foss problem I you know, was caused by three M and DuPont. That contamination of forever chemicals has been going on since the nineteen seventies.
Speaker 4: And now we're not talking about the teflon too, right, You're talking about teflon and all that.
Speaker 15: That's it, that's yeah, these are the byproducts from teflon, you bet. And so this chemical contamination has been going on to the point where it's not only in our water, but that the human waste has to be disposed of when you remove it from a municipality's septic you know, plant sewer planted that human waste they call biosolid. They give it away to farmers and farmers use that to fertilize their fields. Fertilizer.
Speaker 11: The biosylid is full of p fas, So a lot.
Speaker 15: Of our farm ground is contaminated. There's stories you can you can research this online. There are stories they talk about farms, complete farms in Maine for example, a farmer to you know, destroy all his dairy cows because the milk was full of p fas. So it's something that.
Speaker 4: You know, Paul vauls, So you're really you're really saying that our poop is contaminated beyond normal.
Speaker 5: Correct, Correct, That's that's the problem.
Speaker 15: Correct, And they don't test for it, and that's the issue.
Speaker 4: No what our urineb would are urine be contaminated as well?
Speaker 15: Absolutely correct, it would be. It's a vicious cycle. And think about this, folks that live in Castle Rock right now, Douglas County and Castle Rock, they're about thirty five percent reusable water where you know, the phrase is going from the toilet to the tap. Eventually they want to increase to a larger amount. It's recyclable, re usable water. What concerns mean is that then you know the cancammination, you know, could increase and become greater because you're reusing it when you dump water. When water goes into you know, a body of water, let's say the Platte River. So where Aurora dumbst in the Platte downstream, Denver pulls it right back out. So technically is.
Speaker 5: That reusable water?
Speaker 10: You bet.
Speaker 15: And what they're not testing for is they're not testing for the p files and letting everybody know. Now, Denver County and Adams County did send letters out last year saying to p FILEX levels were above what the EPA stated to think about this real quick. They started out, this is what's scary. They started out saying that p fix levels could be couldn't be more than one part provillion. Now that's pretty small. One part probillion is one drop, and then until like a little excise ran well, okay, then they mandated it down to four part petrullion, and then shortly after that they mandated it down to zero. So there's no way a municipality is designed right now as you and I are talking to handle any of those can't happen. So that's why going to be up to each individual and My thought is they want to give out you know, crants for people to buy you know, electric bicycles and electric vehicles. They need to start doing something like that so folks can buy you know, water filtration systems because everybody needs water's health.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, listen, what do you think I mean, is anyone trying to get through the administration or congressman? I mean, what are there any any kind of laws going on that can help.
Speaker 15: Us right now that's not being talked about. To my knowledge, I don't know of anybody just lash election cycle, state local officials. Nobody bought this up to anybody's attention. Now, think about all the growth, all the growth that's going around me, and it's just amazing how how big our community is getting. And there's still a limited amount of water resource, so there's only so much water goes around. So eventually everybody in my in my belief for planning this growth, and what they're going to do is go to reusable water. That's what they do in California, reusable water San Diego, right from the toilet to the tap. And when you do that, think about this is another thing that's pretty scary. These nanoplastics can carry carcinogens. These antoplastics.
Speaker 4: Well, of course, I mean, I mean, Paul, without saying I mean anything that you I mean, I don't even know what we do about it.
Speaker 1: But but what you can do.
Speaker 4: Are you saying that we can have near damn near pure, pure pure water with a system?
Speaker 5: Correct?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 15: And here's the thing right now, that's why we were you know, I designed this special because to me, it's this important, you know, And that's why we have the promotion that we're doing, because you have to have the point of use for verse osmosis to other There's another issue that we have you haven't even really talked about, and that's the pharmaceuticals that are in the water supply. And that's an absolute fan now, I know.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: So let me get this straight, though. Let me get this straight and truly I mean this, and people, I feel very strongly about this, as strongly as I do about you know, being proactive with your health and exercising and what you eat. Well, my god, water is absorbed through the skin, water is put into the ground, and then water we drink, and you can get everything, everything treated, everything for under four grand with this new special. It includes the best triple filter reverse osmosis drinking water. You can have removal of all chemicals and pfas.
Speaker 1: Does it address the pharmaceuticals too.
Speaker 15: Yes, the reverse osmosis will address the pharmaceuticals. Plus we're getting rid of the total chlorine content. I can't tell you, Tom how many homes I've been to where the total chlorine content is in.
Speaker 9: The hot water heater.
Speaker 15: So that means we're breathing that in in the scheme when we take a.
Speaker 4: Hot right, so tell me the full price. Then I say, under four grand? How much is it all in?
Speaker 15: All in three ninety five dollars?
Speaker 5: All in?
Speaker 1: Okay? So it is under vice is five? Okay?
Speaker 4: So listen, folks, you will never ever ever find a better deal. And I talk to my good friends who run plumbing companies, and I say, does it bother you that I do these commercials for these guys because you can't touch them, And they said, well, we can't. We can't touch their prices, and we have a lot more overhead and do a lot of other things, and so everything gets aggregated over.
Speaker 1: All of our calls.
Speaker 4: And I understand that. And Paul's a business man. He understands that, but this is all he does, so he's able to just pass on the best savings everywhere.
Speaker 1: And I'm telling you I want you to call him.
Speaker 4: Three zero three eight six two five five five four eight six two five five five four Paul, I'm going to run onto this other guy that's.
Speaker 1: Been he says, a framed you know, so you can hang out in case we have questions.
Speaker 4: I'm not making you leave, by the way, if you want to hang out, you can because we might get follow up texts or questions.
Speaker 1: That's up to you. I'll leave that up to you and Kelly. All right, Patrick, real.
Speaker 4: Quick, I'm gonna take a break, but I want to ask you. I'm Patrick, what is the state status of your case right now? You say, even falsely accused, falsely arrested. What is the status of the charges right now?
Speaker 10: I'm supposed to appear May first for parents of counsel. The judge had warned.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you do you have an attorney? No?
Speaker 10: I don't I need The judge had warned me because I gone pro see, I had found this information after I acquired my documentation on my discovery. I had opened the files and I was going to go pro se because it's black and white, it's clear as day. But the judge warned me that terminology and whatever.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right, even the process, the process itself can.
Speaker 1: Hurt you, Patrick, Yes, he warned me, process itself.
Speaker 10: But I can't afford funding and life. Obviously, you heard the case sounds crazy, it sounds delusional, so it's hard to get anybody to look at it with no money.
Speaker 4: All right, listen, I'm going to have somebody look at it free of charge.
Speaker 1: But I'm not going to say they're going to represent.
Speaker 4: You, but I will have him look at it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: Katschina, I want you to do me a favor, Katchina, are you listening, dear?
Speaker 1: Put down the mimosa, all right.
Speaker 4: I want you to get him to email us every fire of the files he has. Then what I would like is I would like Joela's ARRA to take a look at his case.
Speaker 1: We'll have a case number and everything.
Speaker 4: Just tell Joe we want to first blush on this and he'll look over all the paperwork and talk to us. Okay, all right, yep, So hang on, Patrick, We're going to get you some help and we're going to just basic, get our guy to uh to look at it three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three A two five five Now listen Frank around the real Estate Man. You want to talk about free analysis. He'll do an analysis of your home and what it will sell for.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 4: The market's updown and all around, depending on where you are, and he will help you evaluate your home and come up with a figure of what he thinks you'll net on this. And he's accurate like ninety nine percent of the time. So if you want to know what your house will sell for free of charge three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two, No obligational list three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two Frank around the real Estate Man dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martine. You're a troubleshooter and I've just been joined by Deputy d here at the house and so we got a full contingent and Deputy Doc is at homeworking on stuff, and.
Speaker 1: Uh, who else we have available? Kachina, Well, we don't currently have anybody in the studio right now. Mark is still I believe working with Gravinas, so he'll be back, okay.
Speaker 4: And then that just goes to show you that we really, we really do use our own sponsors. I mean, Mark's out there and he's uh talking to Gravina.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and I do believe Bo is available. Good.
Speaker 4: Now let's talk And by the way, if any of you guys have follow ups, give me a call. I want to talk to Paul Dowdy again with waterpros dot net. I do have a couple of texts here Paul. Yes, sir, somebody is writing about something. It's controversial. Some of my sponsors sell it, but we have to address it. They want to know about that hard water system that requires no hookups or any what was it called again, hail.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 4: I couldn't find the text right now, and that's so I just found it. You're right, what about the halo system, it's not.
Speaker 15: It doesn't work. It doesn't soften water. There's a magnet So water hardness is calcium carbonate.
Speaker 9: It's a liquid.
Speaker 15: When it oxidizes, it converts to a rock or a scale. You're not going to pull the rize basically calcium carbonate. It won't happen. So, long story shortcom resin has a negative charge. Water hardness has a positive charge. When you win the water through the resin, the resin grabs the hardness before it oxidizes and goes to a scale. People take that legitimate science and say, okay, well we're going to try to magnetize. You can't magnetize basically a rock, because that's what hard water does. It air comes in kind.
Speaker 4: But let me explain it and even and that's very well. I want to do in a very very very very basic way. Water softening is the removal of minerals from your water. It's that simple, and a certain amount of purification. Now, what they tout it for is better laundry, better skin better on your pipes, less wear, less calcification. What halo can do is it can suspend and keep your pipes a little cleaner now and then it does nothing for your skin and for the delivery because all of the minerals are still there when you pour that out of a faucet. With a halo system, I can guarantee you, we can test and every single mineral will be present in that water.
Speaker 1: It has not removed anything.
Speaker 4: It just makes it go ahead.
Speaker 15: One thing, Tom, the halo is super ineffective, and water hardness is over ten grains per gamon. If you have moderately hard water, then you could see a slight difference with a halo, But when you have super hard water, it just it won't work. It's just not effective.
Speaker 4: In fact, we had a case where they sold a halo system to a woman to preserve her water heater.
Speaker 1: Remember yeah, no, it was up.
Speaker 15: It was up and conn offer absolutely and.
Speaker 1: They told her that.
Speaker 4: You told her, they said, if you install this water heater without something to condition your water, it's going to calcify and be destroyed. So she put in the halo system and what happened to the water heater. It was calcified and destroyed.
Speaker 15: Correct, Absolutely correct, that's right, that's what happened. And so you know, a halo unit is basically, you know, it's a carbon backwashing carbon filter with a magnetic you know, at the bottom of it. And so if you think about water hardness, and if you think about you know, water in the majority of the metro area of the neighborhoods, you're gonna have water hardness between you know, ten to fifteen grains. And we've removed several halo units where you know, it made no difference, and that's they were on water conditions that were just very hard water. So you can't magnetize water hardness.
Speaker 4: You can suspend and you can trick somebody some of the time, but it's not going to work. And I know, listen, I know there are people that all swear by it, and I'm telling you right now, if you did an actual chemical test, you would find the water exactly the same on each side, wouldn't you, Paul, Absolutely correct.
Speaker 15: Now, there's some parts of the neighborhood where they have what I call, you know, morally hard water, where you're between three to five grains. Then you can see, you know, a Halo, could you know, make it somewhat of a difference, but not much. And again the hardness levels okay, the same yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, and that's uh.
Speaker 4: Paul paula Waterman three oh three eight six two five five five four.
Speaker 1: I got to take a quick break.
Speaker 4: Now. We're taking any of all of your calls at three oh three seven one three Talks seven one three eight two five five or of course three oh three Martino, So we'll solve your problems, answer your questions, take your complaints, and make your life just the little easier.
Speaker 1: Stick around, go.
Speaker 4: With a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank around the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three, talks seven one three, two, five five.
Speaker 1: Frank, what's going on with you? Frank Welcome to the show.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you told me about a place in Denver that has sisage and peppers.
Speaker 15: What was the name of that store?
Speaker 1: Do you remember the store or the restaurant? What do you what do you mean by the store? Frankie was the restaurant.
Speaker 16: We had this conversation a couple of weeks ago about where you can still go to get good, you know, Italian sausage and peppers, and uh, there were only a few options left, but Guetano's on thirty eight is still one of.
Speaker 4: And then another one was Viali's on Colorado Boulevard. It's a it's in a strip over there, and it's it's an amazingly good Italian restaurant, and unfortunately everybody's getting to know it now. But it's not like luxury Italian or something like quality Italian, but it's a different It's casual Italian and they have great sausage and peppers.
Speaker 1: Viali Vali v I Vali v A v I A l E. It's on ninety thirty.
Speaker 4: Viali v I A l E so vi al and it is thirteen ninety South Colorado Boulevard. Okay, and again this food and this food, and I'm gonna be straight with you.
Speaker 1: It's casual Italian.
Speaker 4: It's nothing you have and you'll say, oh my god, I got to tell everyone about this.
Speaker 1: It's just good food and it's not.
Speaker 4: But it's not like like an experience quality Italian.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest with you on uh.
Speaker 4: In Cherry Creek quality Italian, they have some stuff that is an experience, but.
Speaker 1: You don't always want that.
Speaker 4: I like casual Italian, but man, you want to talk sausage and peppers. That's a oh my god, it's inexpensive and it's a great dish and it's at the Ali Pizza and Kitchen.
Speaker 1: So I hope that helps you.
Speaker 4: We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show, ron stick Around. I'll take your call right next on The Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven to one three talk, or you can call three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to listen your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two yea.
Speaker 5: Ripped up.
Speaker 1: News need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running Just as fast as we can, Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 3: Man six is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm Tom Martino. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: We are hoping we can help you with all of your problems, qastians, complaints, those everyday aches and pains that tick you off, and the ones that make you tick. Welcome to the show, and we are here Monday through Friday.
Speaker 1: But here's what I want to tell you.
Speaker 4: You can call us twenty four to seven at three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six.
Speaker 1: For those streaming, I'll put that up on the screen.
Speaker 4: Let's talk now to Ron, who had a question about our Registration's, Ron, what's happening.
Speaker 17: My neighbor bought our new US Hyundai at Mountain Hunday. He's on his second temporary tag, so the county Broomfield told him he couldn't get another one, and he still does.
Speaker 1: Well, actually, hold on what they wait? Wait?
Speaker 4: Wait when he when would they have told him that in a traffic stop or what?
Speaker 17: He went over to try to get his plate, Well, you can't.
Speaker 4: He can't get him unless he has the all the title work.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 17: And he was gonna he's running out of time on his second one, and he was trying going to see if he could get another one until he could get it, and for some reason they came.
Speaker 4: So he went to motor Wait, wait, wait the place. Here's what he did wrong, Ron. He should have gone to the dealer to issue it, and then Motor Vehicles doesn't care. They don't give a rip if he went to What they do want are people cheating the system and not getting a car registered. But if he goes back to the selling dealer and he's or I'm assuming you bought it from a dealer, did he yes? Why can't he just go back to the dealer and by the way, the reason he can't get his title is because of the dealer. That's right, So the dealer should issue the temporary tag and motor Vehicle wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Know anything about it. They don't keep track of that.
Speaker 17: So he can go back to a dealer and get another temporary.
Speaker 1: Absolutely if it's their fault.
Speaker 4: If it's their fault that he's not getting his title work, it's in their lap, then he needs to say, look, I need another tem tag. Do not get into the story that he went down and tried to do it on his own and motor vehicle said no. You don't want to give the dealer any excuse to say no, because there is no such thing as you can get another one. I've known people that had four of them from the dealer. The selling dealer is the one that has to issue it. DMV does not keep track of them. They won't be calling up your friends saying, oh, by the way, we noticed you just had a third temporary tag. We're not calling that good. They don't care.
Speaker 1: All they care about is that you register your car.
Speaker 17: Okay, that's kind of what I was after. I'm hoping to help him out on as he from he's not from this country, and he kind of gets confused and I'm just.
Speaker 9: Okay, come out. So I'll just tell him to go back.
Speaker 17: To the dealership and tell them to give him another one.
Speaker 1: Well, that's good. And you know what's said, is it used to be? Now they've cracked down recently on stuff it used to be.
Speaker 4: I mean, how many times have you seen out of date temp tags? For God's sakes, I see him all the time. How many times do you see cars that don't even have plates on them? Now they're starting to crack down on him. But it was a joke that if you, you know, if you're Mexican and you're driving around, they'll let you go. Oh, I swear to god. I mean there were people driving around.
Speaker 1: For months and months and months and months and months with no tags whatsoever, and I see them over and over and over again.
Speaker 4: I don't recommend that, and they are starting to crack down. But it's a thing if you were Venezuela or Mexican.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Again, I'm sorry he's having that trouble. If he has problems with the dealer, call us back.
Speaker 9: I will do that.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I'll let him know because he's the one should call you. But I'm gonna talk to him a.
Speaker 15: Little later anyway.
Speaker 17: And he's asked me, okay, do what I'm trying to help him out here, and I thought, of.
Speaker 4: You, no problem, brother, thank you. You tell him he can call us at any time. Troy Stern wants to talk about a Senate bill.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure which one. Go ahead, Troy.
Speaker 11: Hey, Tom destroy I talked to you about a month ago, cinnabel play five oh three? The uh?
Speaker 1: And which one was that?
Speaker 11: It's the Gunman bill, the one where they were gonna ban.
Speaker 1: Which one was that?
Speaker 4: Which one was that you you researched it actually for us? What what hold on? Dmitri looked it up for us at the time to meet.
Speaker 16: Hey, Troy, I remember your call from about a month or so ago. And I've been following that bill too, and and I think it's on that fifteenth amend set of amendments right now.
Speaker 1: But the House calls update. I think it's oh good, what is the update?
Speaker 11: Okay? So the other day was that the House Committee, the Judiciary Committee last night passed it with a ton of amendments.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 11: The biggest impact is going to be they're not gonna flat out ban the rifles, but to actually purchase one, you have to go to your county sheriff and be quote unquote vetted by the county sheriff, and then the county sheriffs going to give you a card that you can take to Colorado Parks of Wildlife to take a gun safety course that does not exist.
Speaker 1: And what kind of guns are we talking about? What? What kind of guns are we talking about? For this my understanding of.
Speaker 11: Gas operated.
Speaker 9: So gas operated, it's almost automatic.
Speaker 1: Gas gas. What is he talking about? There's anything out of a revolver?
Speaker 16: Yeah, okay, basically it basically almost all semi automatic guns other than.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you mean the point, click and shoot.
Speaker 16: Yeah, they they I mean, they did carve out a couple of specific exceptions by name, but those are it's a pretty minor set of exceptions. But basically they're trying to make it much worse. Five guns, yeah, and uh uh. And they're they're they're trying to make it much They can't ban guns out right, they they recognize that, but they're trying to make it so much of a hassle to go and try to acquire one. And they're also trying to make it so much more expensive but Troy, as I pointed out last time you called, you know our side, you know, the pro American, pro freedom, plural liberty side has had a really good few years at the Supreme Court, and this year is shaping up to be even better.
Speaker 9: There.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 16: You see, there are a couple of outright assault weapon ban cases that the Supreme Court is going to take up this year. There are magazine there's at least one magazine limit case that the Supreme Court is going to take up this year. So you know, my prediction is even if Colorado passes this law, which I believe they will, it's it's going to be short lived.
Speaker 1: Because the Supreme Court is going to put the.
Speaker 9: Kabash on this nationwide ye to make sure.
Speaker 11: The biggest problem right now is that they're going to steal money from Colorado Parks and Wildlife to stand up this education course that doesn't exist. So right now, Colorado Parks in Wildlife we teach a hundred eight course and it costs the students nothing, and so volunteers teach this course. So when they say that they're going to have a firearms education course, well they're going to have to develop the curriculum, hire the instructors, because nobody's going to teach this fararm safety course for free. The cost is going to be outrageous. It's going to be millions of dollars. And then we're going to have to the state is going to be spending millions and millions of dollars fighting it.
Speaker 1: You know, look, look what do you expect? Truly? Colorado has become a joke?
Speaker 4: Do you We had such a wonderful, beautiful state. It was balanced, It wasn't lopsided one way or the other. I don't want to see lopsided government, unless, of course, you're trying to undo all the all all the stuff that's been going on. If it was lopside, then you have lopsided to lopsided. But eventually, I like a good mix, and Colorado is anything but a good mix. I don't know how the hell it happened, but it's been infiltrated by nuts, absolute crazy people.
Speaker 1: And I don't get it. I just don't get how bad it is. And it's more.
Speaker 4: We are more liberal and progressive than California.
Speaker 1: I swear to god, we are.
Speaker 4: By the way, renew home Innovations dot Com remember that name, renew home Innovations dot com for your beautiful shower conversions in pure porcelain.
Speaker 1: They can put.
Speaker 4: Porcelain all over the bathroom, your backdrops, your kitchen. They do the only ones with this exclusive sheet porcelain product, Real one Porcelain, and they do it in two or three days, and you have months or years to pay according to their financing options. Give them a call three oh three nine zero four two thousand, nine zero four two thousand renew Home Innovations dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hello Tom Martina Here Kinage Home Solutions Remember for your solutions around your house K and H. They can do windows, siding, doors, and more. Cain is has what you're looking for, the oldest home improvement in a company in Colorado sixty five years one of them at least, and I've been dealing with them for forty five years. It's a company in this space that you can trust.
Speaker 9: K and H.
Speaker 4: It's Khwindows dot Com from their original name. They're now KHUMP Solutions Khwindows dot Com Again. You will want them for your home. Three oh three four to one seventy one hundred. So, uh, Wade has an issue with something with tires at Walmart.
Speaker 1: Wade good Man, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Hey, longtime listener, first time caller, And you're probably gonna love this one because I know you love these tires, so we'll talk about it.
Speaker 1: I have some.
Speaker 7: I had some tires installed at Walmart Auto Care Center at four forty Wadsworth Boulevard and Lakewood clear back in. Let's see, it would be this January fifth, twenty twenty one, and I had the beautiful bridgestone run flaps installed all the way around the car and I got old.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it was in January of twenty one.
Speaker 4: January of twenty twenty one, four Okay, keep going fires.
Speaker 7: This is a car that hardly gets driven at all because I have four cars. Everything went good for several years and then up until last year twenty twenty four. At this end, I started getting a light that I.
Speaker 1: Had a low tire.
Speaker 7: Well, I found a screw in the right rear run flat. So I said, oh, no, big deal, just take it back to Walmartin and get it fixed. Well, I found out they don't like fix and run flats anymore, and they said the tire could not be repaired, it was done for. So I said, okay, well.
Speaker 4: What do we by the way, that's not hold on, bro, I just want to It's not entirely it's not entirely true. They don't like run flats anymore. The problem with run flats is they can't be repaired.
Speaker 7: Exactly, and that's what they said. This one could not be repaired.
Speaker 1: No, most most run flats. The only time, the only time a run.
Speaker 4: Flat can be repaired, would be a minor minor, minor puncture in the tread, nothing even approaching the sidewall. So the benefit of a run flat it gets you to a tire place when you have a flat, But the disadvantage is it can't be repaired, so when it can't be repaired. You're looking at replacing it, but they will never replace just one if it has any wear on it, So now you're faced at buying at least two and sometimes four tires for one flat. I ran into a case where I had a flat on my sidewall, on my run flat, and I ended up with a two thousand dollars bill.
Speaker 7: Well that's about where I'm at right now, because, as I said, they said that they could not fix the one tire with a screw in it. They did not make them anymore, and I needed all new tires. And the manager, her name is Betty Ann. She even said, don't worry, We'll just buy you all new tires. It sounded good at the time, but all of a sudden she quit calling me nothing. And then finally I started going by the store and say what am I going to do here? And finally one guy says, well, our big manager for the store said, just go ahead and order a whole new set of tires and bring it. Men here will install them and will reimburse you. I said, fantastic. I did exactly that. I ordered a whole set of BF Goodrich brand new tires from Walmart.
Speaker 15: Dot com.
Speaker 7: They were delivered there to the tire shop where they first set was pulled off. They installed them, wrote hazard warranty again. I always have full warranties. I was sitting in the waiting room when they said, your car's almost ready, and I was looking at my credit card and somebody credited my count. It all went away, he said, The managers in the back room working on issuing you a reimbursement. Sounded great. I walked out the door happy as could be. The next and I locked my credit card because the credit card only had that on it. The next morning, I woke up and lo and behold, Walmart charged my credit card one thousand, one d and fifty eight dollars and eighty six cents. I immediately called the credit card and get I did a dispute on it. They started the dispute papers. I had to send all my papers into them, showing the original tires. I bought the second set of tires. I bought all fully warranted blah blah blah. And that's where we're at now.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 7: A couple of weeks I went by and I noticed the credit issue. But it's a provisional credit from a credit card company. They're still battling out with Walmart. So that's where I'm.
Speaker 5: At right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, let let me explain a few things that you're not going to want to hear, and then a few other things, and wait, I'm just going to give you the black and white.
Speaker 1: Okay, they don't owe you the tires. Okay, they just don't.
Speaker 4: You bought a tire and it went bad and they can't repair it. It's not because they don't make them anymore. It's because they can't repair it. It has nothing to do with whether they make them or not. They can't repair it, and you can't just buy How many miles were on this car?
Speaker 1: How many miles were on these tires?
Speaker 7: Five thousand?
Speaker 4: Okay, that should be with a five thousand miles, you shouldn't need all four new tires. That should be well within replaceable range where you can replace one of those tires. So if I were you, I would have looked for one replacement tire period and put it on there and you would have been fine.
Speaker 1: Okay. I don't know why they said you needed all new tires. That was wrong. You did not need all new tires.
Speaker 7: Yes, they were right, they said that the gap to get only tires because they couldn't find any if they were discontinued. And I looked on the web too, and they were discontinued. And then I called several places. They said Bridgestone discontinued the run flats completely.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, but that doesn't mean you couldn't find one. Okay if they discontinue them, Okay, but here's the deal, you didn't.
Speaker 1: It's too late now anyway.
Speaker 4: But I believe at the time we could have found even if it wasn't a Bridgestone, we could have found an acceptable replacement tire that you could have put on your car. Okay, I know you could.
Speaker 1: Have, and it could have been a run flat and it would have been fine.
Speaker 4: The problem is, and they even have places that will shave those tires down to match the others, so you don't have to buy all four. But that's too late now. Now, you bought four new tires under the premise that they were going to pay for them. Well, in my opinion, that's a contract. So do you have proof that they said they would pay for them?
Speaker 7: Yeah, just vocal from the manager and a couple of workers.
Speaker 4: There are they denying it? Well, they deny it on your dispute. Are they saying we never told them that? What are they saying nothing? They're saying nothing. I can't get her to call me. I've left well messing my name.
Speaker 1: Well, we need to put this.
Speaker 4: To one of our deputies to intercede for you, because you don't sound like you're flat out lying.
Speaker 1: But here's the bottom line. You claim that they.
Speaker 4: Said, since we can't in this tire, you're gonna need all FOURIGN new tires and we will buy them for you.
Speaker 7: Now, they didn't say that buy them for me. They said I'd have to buy them on my own and then they'd reimburse me.
Speaker 4: Okay, good's that's all the better because then that shows the logical, the logical progression.
Speaker 1: Where on your card and you were waiting to be reimbursed.
Speaker 7: They took off Yeah, they took off the But here's.
Speaker 1: What I want to know.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, bro If they said you got to buy them and then we're going to reimburse you, why would you contest the charge then when it showed up the next day.
Speaker 1: That doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 7: Well, no, she took the charge off my credit card the day after they put them on, so I thought we were done. I was literally sitting in the tire waiting room and I asked the guy at the counter. He goes, she's in the back room working on your your reimbursement. And sure enough, I opened my credit card app and it vanished. It vanished, the credit card went back to having a zero balance. I put the lock on my card and I went home and I checked it all day and that night and it was zero balance. And then the next day the next day, Oh, I get it.
Speaker 1: Oh I get it. Okay, okay, okay, got it, got it?
Speaker 7: Got so and I seen it, really well, that is odd all my card and said, I'm going to dispute this right.
Speaker 4: That's when you can test it. When you saw it, rep you can tested it. I understand that completely. So what's the latest you hear from them?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 7: I've left about five more calls at Walmart and they won't return my call. So the only people I'm dealing with right now is my credit card.
Speaker 4: Okay, we need to deal with it. We need to get somebody on this case. Deputy deal take it. Okay, he's right here right now. He'll be calling you and then what we'll do. He'll probably call you later, but what we'll do is we'll contact the Walmart for their side of the story and try to get the ball rolling.
Speaker 1: I really don't think I believe you. I believe every bit of it. Otherwise, why would they have credit to you.
Speaker 7: The first time I got all my ben I took screenshots of all that, where it was, where it appeared.
Speaker 1: One thing.
Speaker 4: One thing I want to tell you, and I want to tell other people that complain. When you tell this story from here on out, you don't have to go into so much detail about the first set of tires, because then they start disputing, to begin with saying, well, it's not our fault, you got a nail.
Speaker 1: So what I would say is simply this, I bought tires.
Speaker 4: Brand new bridge stones, and I needed four new ones because they discontinued support for the bridge stone and I couldn't repair one of them.
Speaker 1: Period. I wouldn't get into the nail or anything.
Speaker 4: Then I'd say they agreed to reimburse me, which they did, and everything was fine until the next day they put it back on my card. It's that simple, because then then these people, then these people would have to say, wait a minute, we didn't agree to that, but then they did because you have proof they took it off your card the first time, but then put it back on the next day.
Speaker 1: So you have a really good paper trail.
Speaker 5: Yes I do.
Speaker 1: So you hang on Wade.
Speaker 4: Will you hang on bro And we're going to help you out three oh three seven to one three eight two five five. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show, and I urge you to get your calls in if you need help.
Speaker 1: Kind of like this.
Speaker 4: You have an issue, whatever you do, don't let it fester. You do not want something that that the longer fester's the harder. Is to fix eight eight eight Heating dot com for your your your high efficiency heating and air at the best price anywhere, and they guarantee it, so put them to the test. If you have an older unit, you can save thirty to forty percent a month on a new one three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six seven seven zero two seven seven six Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two year old sixteen twenty two Tom marks you know you're Jay.
Speaker 1: You have a comment on this tire issue with Wade.
Speaker 4: He had four run flats, one went bad and oh Jay hung up.
Speaker 1: I'm sure to fill out.
Speaker 4: Sorry Jay, Jay, you can call back if you'd like, but listen, this is the problem with run flats. If you buy a new car, negotiate to have him taken off. A run flat is for convenience and is for girly girls.
Speaker 1: It's for I'm just.
Speaker 4: Kidding guys, but it's like, when you get a flat, you can drive anywhere. You can drive under fifty miles an hour and fifty miles fifty to fifty. That's it. It's not meant to run flat forever. It's run to run. It's made to run to the neck, to the store. So it all it does is keeps you from having to jack up and putting on a spare that's all it does, or calling triple A.
Speaker 1: I'd rather call triple A okay.
Speaker 4: And if it's a regular tire, you can fix it ninety percent of the time. If it's a run flat, you can't fix it ninety percent of the time. So if your run flat has five thousand or under, you can replace it. If your run flat has more than five thousand miles, you have to buy all four of them.
Speaker 1: Now, I swear to God, that is what you're buying.
Speaker 4: When you buy a run flat, you're buying a peck of trouble. And that trouble means a two thousand dollars spare, excuse me, a flat, a two thousand dollars flat. You buy it once and then you get a flat. You're screwed. It doesn't matter where it is. They can't repair them. They won't, I say ninety percent of the time.
Speaker 1: They won't repair them.
Speaker 4: Even technically the manufacturer says you can't repair them at all, but some places will at least attempt to repair them. If the damage is a puncture, not a tear, but a puncture from the in the main tread area.
Speaker 1: They will not go up the side. Ever, So if you have a.
Speaker 4: Puncture in the main tread area, some shops will repair them and there's nothing wrong with it, even though they say they shouldn't be repaired. You can plug those suckers just fine. And that's what I would do. But if you get any kind of a flat outside of the tread area, you're looking at buying four new tires unless you have less than five thousand miles on them. Now, there are people who will say right now, and they'll say, well, Tom, you can always buy a new run flat for the one that you flatted and shave it down to match the other three. Yes, that can be done. Very few people do that. Tire shaving, very few people do it. What you're doing is buying a hassle. It is a big hassle. Three h three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. I'd like to know if any of my deputies have any follow ups. If not, I'm going to go to some very important things I wanted to discuss.
Speaker 1: Now, this should be obvious. I think it should be.
Speaker 4: How many times either a venmo or a store, a menu, park bench you've seen a QR code and you scan it, you don't think two things about it. A QR code for a menu pretty easy. You scan it, you get a menu. If you're at a reputable restaurant, nothing to worry about. But let me explain what some people are doing. They're putting QR codes over the one in the restaurant of their own. It still brings up the menu, so you're not suspicious, but it also plans a virus on your phone or spywear, or you may find somebody unscriptless. Let's even say a valet guy and he has a Venmo for his tip. I venmo people for tips where they send you a pay request. What you don't understand is they can alter that QR code to do two things, one to take you to their Venmo, but the second one is to install spywear. So you pay the guy ten bucks and a few weeks later, five hundred dollars shows up going to somewhere. So QR codes I love them, but when you scan QR codes that have been manipulated or from people or things you don't trust, you can find some serious trouble on your phone.
Speaker 1: It's the new.
Speaker 4: Way they're getting these viruses on your phone, you are voluntarily doing it. In fact, there are park benches and there are like advertisements all over the place that carry QR codes. You never know whether those QR codes are safe or not. Now, obviously, if you're inside a Nordstrom and you see a QR code at the jewelry counter, you know, most likely you know you want to read about that piece of jewelry it's going to be fine. Or you're at a restaurant and you look at the menu, or or you want to Venmo the guy park in your car a tip. Those con related and then especially strange ones like I know that Dragon likes to scan the QR codes in the men's room, but you can't do it. It's not safe. You could pick up a virus. Well, actually there's world that's a double entire you're gonna take up way warning a virus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but boom.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we got more more And I'm just kidding about about him scanning the QR codes. He usually just copies down the numbers from the crayon three oh three seven one, three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Remember call with problems question you can place for getting to the end of one hour, have another hour of the third hour, have another hour to go.
Speaker 1: And I want to talk about stocks. We talked about a little.
Speaker 4: Stocks are down and a lot of that is anxiety over tariffs, bottom line. And I wanted to just mention this when it comes to influx in the market and x flux if that's the word, exodus out of a market, you have movement in stock no matter what. If you sell, you cement your loss. It's not wise to do unless, of course, let's put it this way, we're in such a free fall. The entire country's failing and it's a major recession. But that's not happening. And the way you know that are the other fundamentals. You look at inflation, you look at unemployment, you look at production. There are things called lead and lag indicators. What you want are the lead indicators and leading indicators tell you what the economy is doing.
Speaker 1: And right now, our leading.
Speaker 4: Indicators are positive, okay, and then our currents, however, indicators are not so positive because of anxiety over terrists and what could possibly happen. That falls under the topic of perceptionomics. Now, perceptionomics can make people move in and out of markets rapidly. People cement their loss and then they're out. Some people look for opportunities. Those are the wise ones, because when you have a lot of money going to cash and people selling, you have deals with stocks. Right now, Walmart's a great deal. It's a great deal, and don't try to time the bottom. You can buy a little now and if it goes down by a little more and you do what's called dollar cost averaging. But most people don't. Most people buy it on the way up. That's not the way to do it. So now's the time to be buying quality stock and staying put. If you have some losses in a regular stock, don't sell the buy.
Speaker 1: Don't sell your loss to buy one on sale. You've just traded dollars.
Speaker 4: The other thing, when you have a lot of cash outside of the market waiting to come back, as soon as indicators look better, they start coming back, and that's when you get the ones you bought on sale to grow. So it takes a lot of sophistication. You don't just buy and sell a knee jerk. And it was Warren Buffet who says when everyone else is feeling bold, he's cautious, and when everybody else is cautious, he's bold. I mean, that's not the exact quote. I guess I can find it if I need to. So I want to say all this that truly, and I mean this sincerely. If you have anxiety, money anxiety, if you want to talk and consult with us, where be happy to do it, free of charge, no obligation. I swear to you when I say that, I mean it. We have people now that we're helping under no obligation whatsoever, that call us and email us all the time for advice. So if you want to do that you can call us at three oh three seven seven to one help three oh three seven seven one four three five seven.
Speaker 1: And I'm talking specifically about Wave eight.
Speaker 4: Wealth Management, my company, and you can text me personally on this Google number seven four seven.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 4: That's the text for the show seven four seven fifty two eighty And I'd love to talk to you speaking about that. Somebody says it text me here is QC Colorado is still a good company to buy an attic or whole house fan. First of all, it's a whole house fan and QC Colorado is a great company.
Speaker 1: Now, it's not the only company that sells the quiet cool whole house.
Speaker 4: Fan, just so you know that they're not the only company, but they specialize in it. So I like them because they do specialize in it. And these whole house fans, you cannot go wrong with them. You just cannot go wrong.
Speaker 1: You need to have it.
Speaker 4: It it It destratifies the air in your home, and that's very, very important. So you destratify the air you even out to temperatures so your HVAC works less. It's only really to be used in the summer. Sometimes you can use it and get away without using air conditioner much of the time. I do that myself. Now, the only caveat is this. If you have a whole house fan, you must make sure your attic is well ventilated so it can take the air coming out of the hot air out of your home and expel it through the attic. But remember, the whole house fan is not an attic fan. The whole house fan is a whole house fan. An attic fan is completely separate that ventilates your attic. Sometimes you need it, sometimes you don't. But having one without the other is foolhardy. Okay, we got another hour to go three oh three seven to one three you talk three oh three seven one.
Speaker 1: Three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: Stick around for more on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two rift of.
Speaker 1: You needed, so you don't have come run incous.
Speaker 2: As fast as we can, Shooter's gonna help come man.
Speaker 1: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 18: No Tom Martine, Hello Tom mart You know here three O three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five, The show that.
Speaker 4: Talks about everything, the everyday aches and pains, the things that make you tick, the things that tick you off. Proud to be doing it for nearly fifty years forty five in Denver and actually fifty years or more outside of Denver. But we're here and that's what counts. To solve problems, answer questions, and take complaints. So Rod is next on the agenda. Here, I have all my deputies standing by to help people ask. Where deputies come from, Well, usually they're on daily from prison, but we let them work with us, just kidding, of course. They're good people, retired executives, people in business, doctors, lawyers, accountants.
Speaker 1: We don't hold that against them. Rod. What's going on with you? You have a question?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I do. Thank you for taking my call. First of all. I heard you talking earlier about ten minutes ago about finanswers and what to do with money in the stock market. I have a little over seven hundred and fifty thousand in cash, if you will, and you were talking about, you know, getting back into the market, makes sure you pick the right stocks. But is it?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: Where is it right now? Rod? Where is it right now?
Speaker 9: I've got it split between two locations. One is a bank and the other is a savings alone.
Speaker 4: Are you getting any interest or returned at all?
Speaker 9: A little bit? Not nearly what I should be getting, And that's why I need to do something with it.
Speaker 1: And I'm really okay.
Speaker 9: Is our individual stock the right move or would you say no? We could talk in depth funds and things like that.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm going to tell you in general, sure, Rod, No matter what, no matter what you want return And depending on your time horizon, you want a little bit of risk or a little more risk, never a lot of risk.
Speaker 1: What age? How old are you?
Speaker 9: Sixty two? But I'm not really risk adverse. I'm not stupid either, but I'm also no.
Speaker 1: No, I understand uptight. Okay.
Speaker 4: Now, Now here's what's really important, Rod, really important?
Speaker 1: Do you have an emergency fund. Oh yeah, okay, so that's seven point fifty is extra above your emergency fund, right, yeah, we did.
Speaker 9: This is money. I hate to say it like this because it sounds arrogant, but it's play nine. If God we can kind of play with it.
Speaker 4: No, No, Rod, I Rod, I get you. I get what you're saying. I always advise people when they come to Waveight Wealth Management, the very first thing we do is to make sure they have an emergency fund, a contingency fund for unforeseen events. The second thing we tell them to do is to pay down high interest debt because obviously I knew a girl one time who had one hundred thousand invested in the market, and she had one hundred thousand in high interest debt and she was so I said, do you understand when you're paying eighteen percent in debt and you're making eight or nine percent in the market, you are net negative every month. I mean, you're not making money. So you do away with high interest debt. And I know, Rod, you're probably more sophisticated than this, but I mentioned it only because other people are listening. So you make sure you have your emergency fund, your high interest debt. You have then play money or investment money. What you need to do is get some kind of return. Bank accounts are stupid, So the very first thing I always recommend for people who are risk adverse is a T bill account.
Speaker 1: You'll never go wrong with Treasury bills never.
Speaker 4: The only risk you get is the risk of losing upside potential. So I would definitely secure some kind of income fund like that, or even a Schwab account that pays about five or six percent a year, just to sit there. Once you do that, then you take a look at investing. Now, I'm not going to tell you not to invest individual stocks. I'm going to use Mark Major as an example. He's a good and bad example. What I mean by that is not many people can do what he does. I'm going to give you him as an example. If Mark Major comes to us for wealth to Wave eight Wealth Management, and he tells us what he's been doing, and we look at what he's been doing, we probably wouldn't be able to help him. The reason is he babysits his accounts like a babysitter, and he invests in stocks, and he buys and sells. He has different hold times in other words, he is his investment advisor. He does a lot of research. Sometimes he does some knee jerk reactions. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. But that's the way he is. Those kinds of people who like doing that we don't compete with. We don't try to the next kind of person we don't help are people who have a business and they're building that business to be taken over by private equity. Every penny they have goes into that business. It might be home improvement, it might be hvac, it might be plumbing, it might be something.
Speaker 1: But what they do is they build up that company and sell it.
Speaker 4: And how can I tell them don't put your money in that when they end up selling for twenty million or thirty million. Obviously, those kinds of people we can't help. Unless they have children, they want to set up accounts for stuff like that, we can help them.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then there are people like you and me.
Speaker 4: We have money, but we wonder what to do and for that rod you need an investment advisor. Now do I have a personal interest in saying that while I own Wave Wealth Management. Let me explain something to you. There's no before it was Wave Wealth Management. It was Wave Wealth Management, and I was the only client. I formed the company specifically to do research and to help me know where to invest and when to invest. And I personally didn't want to babysit it. So I formed this with people for me. I literally formed it for me. And in the beginning, because it was just me, the way I did it was paid them a performance fee for everything they made me.
Speaker 1: They got a portion of it. Literally they got fifty percent of it.
Speaker 4: Then, when it was very successful, about eight years later, I went public with it and became a registered advisory firm with a securities division, so we are a real firm.
Speaker 1: And then I took on other clients like me.
Speaker 4: So when you asked do we have an individual stock, do we have an individual of this or do we have accounts?
Speaker 1: It depends on the investor.
Speaker 4: With some investors, they have stocks, they have bonds with tax free income, and they have ETFs exchange traded funds, which are funds that track certain indexes.
Speaker 1: For others, we have just ETFs. For others we have just bond.
Speaker 4: They're only getting income and they're getting a little growth, but the main thing they want is income. So truly, broad truly, we customize every single client what ninety eight percent of all advisors do. Ninety eight If you give that not money, they're going to shake your hand round.
Speaker 1: They're going to say, Okay, what's this, what's this? What's this?
Speaker 4: They ask you a bunch of questions, and I promise you they take that money and place it with a giant investment firm and they never look at it again. They don't know anything about you or your account, but they make a spread for doing that. They are basically just middlemen and the big guys. When you call and say to your middleman, hey, I noticed my stock is down or my account is down three percent this month.
Speaker 1: But the whole stock market's up. Why is that happening? No one can tell you.
Speaker 4: They go to the giant firm and they say, to the giant firm, can you tell me about Rod's money? And they say, what do you mean Rod's money? Because Rod's money is in a giant pool of other rods. So that's what you get ninety percent of the time when you go to a financial advisor. Other times you go to what I call pill pushers. They push insurance, they push annuities, they push certain funds because that's where they're making their money.
Speaker 1: Is it best for Rod? It might be.
Speaker 4: I mean I have seen too many of these products pushed because people are working for companies and they're being told to push things. So when you ask me what I do individual stocks or stock funds, the question would be, after about a half hour meeting with you, we'd be able to tell you what you think what you should do.
Speaker 1: And that's the real truth of it. There's no sexy answer.
Speaker 4: There's no answer that says, yeah, we'll take care of you and you're gonna make.
Speaker 1: Lots of money.
Speaker 4: You know, Sometimes you make lots of money, sometimes you make a moderate amount. What you shouldn't do is lose indiscriminately. You lose when the market's down and there's nothing you can do about it with volatility, but you still position yourself defensively so you can at least preserve most capital. Now, again, different strokes for different folks, And anyone who has a pad answer is never ever ever being honest with you. Never never, And that includes no matter who it is. If they're selling one thing, avoid the one thing. If they're only selling.
Speaker 9: One thing, done it, okay?
Speaker 1: Anything else run?
Speaker 4: I mean, I didn't mean to preach to you, but but I'm so tired. I'm really tired of the industry.
Speaker 9: No, no, that's fine. You know I called, I asked the question and you gave me an answer. That's great. I The only thing I would ask is can you spell the name of the company because my hearing kind of.
Speaker 4: Blows wave as in ocean waves. Wave eight the number eight. So if you just if you just go to the website Wave eight Capital dot com the number eight, you'll get to us. You can also call me or you call us and leave a message at three oh three seven seven one help, So it's easy, seven seven one help.
Speaker 9: That's great. You're right. I got to do something with the money, because you're right. Be when I make you know off of it? Is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And get hearing aids. One thing you want to do. Get hearing aids. Rod.
Speaker 9: I hate to say this, but I have them, but I really don't like wearing them.
Speaker 1: And my wife, you know what, I have them too, and I don't like. I think you have the same problem I have. Rod.
Speaker 4: It's probably not the actual hearing, but don't you have words that get jumbled when.
Speaker 9: I'm in a crowd of people. They just don't yep. If I'm not in the crowd of people, I'm better off.
Speaker 1: But they have way better that.
Speaker 4: They have some really good technology now, really good technology. But I don't wear mine either, and I don't know why they're they're pain in the ass, But I will tell you this. They make some now I hear that can distinguish words, and I think that's what I need more than anything. Is not so much the hearing of sound, but the distinguishing of the different sounds. When people start talking, it's almost like they're mumbling. And then there are some that specifically cancel out the background noise, you know, kind of like headsets doing airplanes and helicopters. They're called noise canceling and they can cancel out the noise you don't want to hear, and you can hear only the stuff you want to hear. It's really remarkable stuff. And I think on the outside, for the best you can buy, you're looking at maybe six grand for the pair, and sometimes you get him down to four grand.
Speaker 9: So I got mine at four thousand. And what I can do with the pair that I have is you can upgrade the software to do exactly what you're talking about. So I have middle software, so to speak, but you could go like a couple more higher that, you know, you can do all sorts of fancy things with. I just haven't got to that point yet.
Speaker 1: So what is your what is the brand of the ones you have.
Speaker 9: There? You go, I take it they're good, they're you know something, okay either way? Either way, I can upgrade the software that takes some of the cant more of the noise out of the background and does this and does that. Yeah, yeah, I just you know what, I haven't gotten tired of saying that again, I can't hear you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know it, I know it, I know it. My wife gets tired of it.
Speaker 4: So but listen, man, Rod, listen to this. Give us a call seriously or text me and we'd be happy to talk to you. And you know you can text me on this private line right here. Seven four seven nine nine fifty two eighty. That's seven four seven nine nine nine Okay, cool, Yeah.
Speaker 1: We'll see you, bro. Take it easy. We got all right, man. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Please time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with remax Align three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: So key bills right.
Speaker 4: Now, it's interesting to talk about very safe T bills. The four week is four point three two percent. So once you get in on the auction and you buy the t bills, they say in your account for four weeks and guarantee four point three two. Once you buy it at four point three two, if you buy a higher, stays higher, if you buy a lower, stays the lower, and it stays for the period of time you buy it. An eight week pays a little more four point three four thirteen week is four point one nine. Now that's what I find very odd. I just don't even understand this. That's so when you're talking about a thirteen week a thirteen week T bill three months as opposed to an eight week, and the longer one pays less. They're telling you that they believe that rates are going to.
Speaker 1: Be going down. That's what they're telling you.
Speaker 4: Listen to this, a twenty six week T bill that six months only pays four percent. You actually make more money with short term than long term whenever you have an inverse curve like that. They are saying that rates are going down, that's what they're saying, and they can't compete. So for fifty two weeks, they're only going to pay you four point two. Now, why would anyone go into a fifty two week T bill at four point two when they can just revolve the four week at four point three. Still, you keep revolving them and it automatically buys back. It's really a good tool. And I put some of my money in that. So that's the most recent auction data on that. Now another question we have gotten. Let me get to this, because I really was fascinated.
Speaker 1: Everyone is. Everyone is blaming.
Speaker 4: Donald Trump for the egg prices, and they were on their way up way before he got into office. It's not it By the way, it's not Biden's fault either. The avian flu, the bird flu, really has taken a toll on the bird population, so there are fewer hens, fewer eggs, and higher prices. The virus is unpredictable. Unpredictable, Okay, So you have the anxiety in the market as well, which which affects the commodities, which affects the end price. Then you have the feed costs has gone up dramatically because partly because of climate issues.
Speaker 1: Now I'm not talking about climate change.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about the fact that we've had some droughts and stuff and some issues growing corn. There has been a glowbal demand for corn, especially from China. Our prices right now are at an all time high for feed fuel and fertilizer.
Speaker 1: Fuel. That's just in and of itself.
Speaker 4: Diesel prices are up, so transporting eggs and transporting chickens higher. Now there is a reduced flock size, partly because of that virus I talked about, but also because of this demand of cage free.
Speaker 1: A lot of people.
Speaker 4: Are driving prices up because they're demanding cage free and they just can't do as many chickens cage free as they can in cages. So the humane movement, while I'm all for it, it does raise prices.
Speaker 1: I'm willing to pay that, you know, But if you.
Speaker 4: Want to know, that's part of it too. Another one is the perceptionomics of it all. As these supplies get lower and prices get higher, it actually raised demand under the perception we better buy now. Now you can't stock up eggs like you need toilet paper, but you can a little.
Speaker 1: And people have been buying.
Speaker 4: Up eggs as soon as they find them, and that means demand is staying very steady or even increasing slightly. Then you have normal inflationary pressures, so that means the packaging, labor, the energy, all of that stuff is going toward with the egg producers the cost of doing business. Then you have, of course the normal retail markups. I mean, people are going to sell money, so you have you have all of those factors going into it.
Speaker 1: It's a perfect storm.
Speaker 4: Now regulations are going more toward humane farming practice in fact, and I don't think that's a bad thing. I'm not saying it as a good or bad thing. That means you're going to see production costs go up even higher because infrastructure is going to be changed completely. So in summer you have the flu, you have the society of consumer demand and slow recovery in there in the UH.
Speaker 1: In the food chain.
Speaker 4: As well, it takes a long time to get your flock rehabilitated when you had a b on flu. Man, that's pretty complicated, Isn't it all because of eggs?
Speaker 1: It's just uh, it's just such a commodity that people love.
Speaker 4: And by the way, contrary to what people used to say about eggs being unhealthy, they're not. You can eat all the eggs in the world. It's not going to raise your cholesterol. You don't eat cholesterol that does. That's not what causes cholesterol. In fact, eggs are probably the most perfect food because it is in and of itself a cell. You have the yolk in the sack, and you have the nutrition within itself, the fat it probably exists with the protein. The protein, fat and UH content. You have a perfect blend, and eggs are almost perfect food.
Speaker 1: Kate, what's going on with you? Kate? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 19: Hi Tom. I'd like to make just a quick comment before I ask my question in terms of all the layoffs and the firing. No one has mentioned that. I've heard about the cost of unemployment, which is going to be pushed off into the States. When your employee's become unemployed, they're eligible for unemployment insurance for up to a year eighteen months, and so that is really going to be I think, an expensive offset to all the layoffs and what they're supposed to you.
Speaker 4: You know, you know, I never even thought of that, Kate. I really haven't. But you're absolutely right. Not only do you have the sting of being unemployed, but now you have the states picking up that burden because it is a state program.
Speaker 1: That's right, That's right, Yeah, you're right out there now.
Speaker 4: Now. I don't anticipate I don't anticipate the unemployment of the federal workers having that much.
Speaker 1: Impact.
Speaker 4: I mean, I feel sorry for them, and maybe you know it's too bad, but I don't see them alone putting too much pressure.
Speaker 1: There's not that many of them.
Speaker 19: Well, I mean, there's fourteen thousand employees not laid off ones right at the Federal Center. Not to mention all of the buildings that they want to close, and who's going to release those buildings? Who wants to be in those old buildings. I mean, you know, so that's just a comment.
Speaker 1: But you're right.
Speaker 19: Let me ask the rooping question, right, And I'm asking. I've waited to ask this because I really want your true opinion, not a sales roofing issue. I have seen in my neighborhood. We are all of our homes are approaching ten years old. Okay, a lot of people are putting on one layer of shingles. What I would like to know is does that extend the life of your current roof without having to go out and get a whole new roof or build insurance for it. You just put on one new layer. What do you think?
Speaker 1: So you're I want to make sure I'm hearing you right.
Speaker 4: So people approaching ten years are putting a layer over their old layer?
Speaker 19: Yes, yes, and I'm assuming that they don't have existing damage or anything that you would be covering up. But will a new layer of asphalt on top of your current roof give you five ten more years?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: I'm going to say first, I want to ask a question. Are they doing this as a result of storm damage?
Speaker 1: We really have not.
Speaker 19: We live in Windsor Fort Collins.
Speaker 1: Why after ten years though?
Speaker 4: Here's what I'm asking why after ten years would they be doing anything, is what I'm asking.
Speaker 1: Why are they doing.
Speaker 4: That because your roof's not even close to being old at ten years, right?
Speaker 19: I think it's just to avoid the insurance hits.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven three two five five. Mark Major called in with a comment, go ahead, Mark, Hey, I just.
Speaker 12: Gotta, I gotta, I gotta let everybody know something. There is no way I'm going to allow disinformation. What that woman said about unemployment couldn't be more wrong. It's a lib card talking point, not saying she's intentionally lying. But if you are a federal government employee and you get fired and you were on any form and I mean this, any form of unemployment. Yes, the state pays out, but the federal government one hundred percent rein versus the state. So don't listen to all the bs out there.
Speaker 4: Okay, Mark, thank you for that. I did not know that. I know very little about unemployment. So you're saying that it's a federal born cost.
Speaker 9: Not the state and SNBC and everything.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you, Mark, appreciate it. Kate back to you on the roofing. Okay, let's talk about this roofing here.
Speaker 19: Here's the state. Where is savings if the federal government has to pay for the laid off workers, where's the savings that they.
Speaker 4: Think, Well, because it's eventually going it's eventually going to end. Because it's eventually going to end. It's like a severance, it's it's you know, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Happy that they have it.
Speaker 4: But that's where that's where the savings comes in after that, and unemployment is not one hundred percent of their compensation anyway.
Speaker 19: Right, Okay, so what are your roofing Okay, now, I'm very curious now.
Speaker 1: On the roofing. On the roofing. I'm just going to say it like it is.
Speaker 4: There is no viable reason to cover up a ten year old roof, none.
Speaker 1: Zero.
Speaker 4: It extends no life for anything. It simply it simply gives you the life of the new roof.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Now, one of the reasons people cover up roofing is to save money. Meaning if you had a hailstorm, you're allowed to cover it up twice. You're allowed to have three layers of shingle in most municipalities, however, and it does no harm to have them, and then eventually you strip it down to nothing and start over. Some municipalities don't allow that. Some roofs don't allow it, be structural the way they're built. But if your roof can take it, then people stack a roof to save on the cost of tear of tearing it off to start over. But as far as your neighborhood with no storm damage, I can think of no reason in the world why people are covering up one layer of good roofing.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: And it's either some roof or going door to door ripping them all, or somebody gave them bump information.
Speaker 1: There's no reason to do it.
Speaker 19: Okay, okay, yeah, I think people are just.
Speaker 4: And by the way, and yeah, well, I mean if they first of all, they should need nothing on a ten year old roof. There's something terribly wrong if their roofs are failing. And if they are failing at just ten years old. If you have failing roof, you don't cover it up, You take it off and start over. The only time you put you the only time you cover up a roof is when you have hail damage, and it's not failing. Hail damage doesn't always mean a failed roof, it doesn't always mean leaking, it doesn't always mean problems. And even when you do cover up a roof you have to make sure the roof underneath is viable.
Speaker 19: Makes sense, Okay, yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Really does, and I wouldn't waste any money. Thank you, Kate.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you calling really three oh three seven one three eight two five five Andrew, what is your what is your question on college invest.
Speaker 5: I was just wondering i'd get a five twenty nine plan for my children and as well, Yeah, you always have to go through like a broker to purchase that, because I think they're they're they're making a fee on the purchase and then they're making a fee on this.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, yeah, but no matter what, no matter what they make, one of your money is invested. No matter what fee they pay out, they don't take it out of your money. But you can go directly to college invest dot org. That's what I did when I got mine, and a five point twenty nine plan.
Speaker 1: It does. It's it's not a bad idea. It's just not bad. But in fact, some of them are even doing apprenticeship and community colleges with it.
Speaker 4: They're really opening up. And if you're in Colorado, then I would say college invest is what you want.
Speaker 1: And and that's not a broker.
Speaker 4: College invest dot org is not a broker, okay. And you can open up an account and what you already have? How many accounts do you have?
Speaker 5: Just one?
Speaker 1: Okay? Well it's a good plan because it grows, as you know, and the only time you pay tax on it is if you don't use the money for education.
Speaker 5: I see, okay, apprecire.
Speaker 1: And so how much do you have in one right now? How much do you have in one?
Speaker 5: About forty five thousand?
Speaker 1: That's very good.
Speaker 4: You're going to earn a lot of money in that and you got a deduction, didn't you going in? Did was that pre tax money?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Good, So you get pre tax money. It's growing tax free and you can take it out tax free for college. So what has your rate of return.
Speaker 5: Been believe over the life it's been about fourteen percent?
Speaker 1: Again, Wow, that is pretty damn good. That's real.
Speaker 4: And that's taken into consideration your your tax savings.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, yeah, when will you be using that money?
Speaker 5: My kid's still probably of another eight years before they'll be out of high school.
Speaker 1: So you know what you got it? Man?
Speaker 4: You know now the only benefit that the only other thing you can do. And you mentioned kids plural and you have one account. You can have accounts for each child, which would allow you more minimums, I mean, if you wanted to, but if you're maxed out anyway, it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter absolutly.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: But you did a.
Speaker 4: Good thing, man, No, no, you really did a good thing. And especially especially if they go in in state colleges, that's going to go a long way. And wait, you see how much that grows by the time they're ready in eight years. This is what This is a really good thing that Colorado has. And again other states have their versions, but we have one of the best.
Speaker 1: So you're you're in a good place.
Speaker 5: Can they use that for like the the room and board or is it just.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, Nope, Nope, they've expanded it dramatically.
Speaker 1: You can use it for any direct school.
Speaker 4: Related Now now they they're gonna ask you, but you get to do it and then the consequences they they they audit you if they.
Speaker 1: Think is wrong. But it's pretty liberal on what you can use it for. Pretty liberal.
Speaker 4: Now if you go to a college, if you go to the website collegeinvest dot org, it'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: Is allowed for everything.
Speaker 4: And it's, like I said, it's really been expanded.
Speaker 5: Okay, I.
Speaker 4: Think you're in the right track. Yes, sir, thank you for calling. Three h three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two