Speaker 1: And nine.
Speaker 2: Ignition six five four three two one zero. All engine running.
Speaker 3: It's Tuesday. You know what that means. It's time for Ignition with the aw fat Hub podcast team. If you haven't already done so, please go check out Shades the Vibes new aw fat Hub podcast Vibe Check. It's really interesting. They're really short ten minutes long, so they're very easy listening and he's he does a great job with it. Please go check it out. Let's get started with Ignition.
Speaker 4: This is Kelson and this is Shane. What's going on panel? Nice to see everybody. So Kelson, what do you want to talk about? First man?
Speaker 3: Well, you know what. Shades actually brought this up on his Vibe Check podcast. I wanted to talk about the owen Hart Cup. On Dynamite on Wednesday, they're revealing the owen Hart Cup brackets. Now there's eight wrestlers in each division, meaning the women's division and the men's division. Let's talk about the men's division. Because of the eight wrestlers, I believe only three have been announced and we got to fill out this bracket. I kind of like to do a little bit of fantasy booking here. Right now, we only have Will Ospray, Jay White and Hangman In and Paige. We've got five empty slots, and as Shade said, they're kind of I don't know, it's hard to fill it out because you've got title holders. We've already expressed I don't know how you guys feel about it this year, but last year were we don't like title holders being in the owen Hart so that eliminates like Claudio Castignoli, Pack Wheeler, you'd uh, Daniel Garcia whatever. So and then of course swear Strickland already has a shot, so he doesn't need to be in this really, I mean, I guess he could. But who do you think? What do we think? Who would you like to see Bill out the owen Hart Cup bracket for the men?
Speaker 4: Well, Tony Kahan in the past few years for these types of tournaments has kind of followed a pretty generic structure, like we're gonna need to imagine two guys that are gonna lose, Like that's the easiest place to start. I'll rip the band Aid off. I love him to death. Mark Briscoe, well, I can see him in again, you know, maybe getting to win or two. Yeah, and then Brody King I think Brodie is amazing. Yeah, either you know.
Speaker 3: What, as soon as you said Mark Versca, I knew you were gonna say Brodie King. And it's unfortunate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is unfortunate because we'll get to injuries later. But his partner's injured and now he's kind of out there by himself doing a lot of additional work. But I really can't think of anyone else. I mean, I'd like to see Takeshta get involved with the Owenhart Tournament. That would be fantastic. You know, maybe we could see like Kyle Fletcher get involved, you know, just right, maybe Kenny, well, Kenny, they're going for Kenny so or are they're going for Kenny or they're going for Max or Swerve. That's a world championship, world world Yeah, world championship shot at all in is on the line.
Speaker 3: Okay, anybody else? Who? Who?
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 3: Let's you know, let me fall over my tongue like Mercedes mommey on a Wednesday night and uh once she first started anymore, But uh, who else?
Speaker 5: I'm ahead, go ahead, Barry, go ahead.
Speaker 6: So I'm thinking about who else to add? Shane. That was a great perspective to think, who's who's going to take those l's. I'm pretty certain we're going to see Jarrett because it's the Owen Cup and he's in every year and they need somebody to lose and you can use him as really sympathetic up against the heel And there you go. As far as another, I'd love to see Takeshta, it was somebody from the Callous family, whether it's to Kester Fletcher. I really think they got a good thing with loading up with the three people they have announced. I know you guys don't like champions being in there. I think if they're tag holders, the Trios or tag champs, that would be good. I'd love to see MJF and somebody from the Hurt Syndicate in there meeting in the first round. That could add some tention to that feud. So I thought I was thinking a little different from Shane's perspective, is like, who could be a first round matchup that could further storylines And that's kind of that's why I was thinking. You know, I'd love to see MGF and maybe Shelton Benderman in their MGF and lashly use this tournament instead of putting in a couple more job guys, since all In is so far away, use this tournament to book your top star main event guys in your your top star main events for your next couple of dynamites and collisions. There's no reason you got to rush this in a in a month or six week period. Each show is going to have a main event that's relating to the owen you loaded up with top guys. It kind of books itself from a programming perspective, and then you can flesh out the rest of the show with your other storylines and angles.
Speaker 3: I'm really glad that you brought up MJF because I think he's kind of getting a little bit forgotten in AW. I don't know, is anybody else going to say MJF.
Speaker 4: I thought about go ahead, no good, No, yes, I was gonna say MJF would be fantastic, but go ahead.
Speaker 1: I'm okay.
Speaker 7: So I'm thinking Buddy Matthews needs to be involved. And I also want to see Dastin Rhodes. You know, I don't want to see Jef Jared again. Dastin Rhodes knows to put on a good match, clean match, and he's sympathetic, Like Barry said, so Dastin rose Is might pick to at least win one match.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't want to bump out the first round, but he has ties to owen two.
Speaker 8: I was going to also say Dustin Rhodes, I would very much so like to see him in this. I like him in general, and I think this is a fantastic place for him to showcase what he's got. So that's my choice.
Speaker 3: Interesting that it's it's it's interesting that nobody said guys like Roderick Strong or Adam Cole. Although Adam Cole already has a title shot at Dynasty, maybe it's not a good idea to put him in there. But look, this is Baward hart Cup isn't going to be rushed this year. It doesn't look like it looks like it's going to take place over several weeks instead of just a month, so at least I hope so so yeah, I mean Roderick Strong, Adam Cole. Uh, you can even Kyle O'Reilly.
Speaker 6: What any of those interview after Dynasty Tolson, do you know is it double or nothing?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I don't know double or.
Speaker 6: Nothing's coming up? And so we got Dynasty double or nothing Forbidden Door and then ernest for one door before or after all in.
Speaker 3: I believe it's after all in.
Speaker 6: So is that I feel like we're missing one in there.
Speaker 7: It goes it goes dynasty double or nothing then all in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean okay, okay, yeah, basically all in and double or all in and uh forbid door kind of flip flopped a little bit or not in their usual time slots put it that way or a month's later.
Speaker 6: I would set for the own to what you're saying is not rush the Owen. The finals of the Owen should be on the pay per view before all In, and then that gives them a month to continue that feud and into the UH and heading into all in.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, Shane, Well Shane, let's move on. What what do you want to talk about here?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean we could stick with the own, the Owen Cup and the women. I mean we got Monette Hater Stark's Athena, Rosa stat Lander. That's that's pretty heavy.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: We we're getting some exposition right now outside of the Owen Cup with Money and Athena, which I'd kind of like to see separate from the Owen Cup.
Speaker 1: That's my opinion.
Speaker 4: I think this is going to be a fantastic feud, a great way to get these belts off of Mercedes. So she could kind of, you know, redirect towards the the bigger picture, the women's world scene, which we know that's where she's headed. But you know, the own Cup for with the women look looks pretty stacked right now.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, there's six women in the cup already, there's only two slots left.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll probably see Willow and a wild card. And I'm going to assume that a wild card would either be you know, someone from the roh or the New Japan side, or someone coming back from injury, could be Britt Baker. You know, she's in under contract with Tony Kah for another couple of years in spite of you know, whatever indiscretions they might be having. You know, Barry shirt, it's a work, It's always a work.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, well, well, well well placed advertising today, thank you. So I don't know, I think this women's the women's own couple looks fantastic right now. Then it's hard to call the ball.
Speaker 3: Oh Barry, let me ask you, what about the ragining owen Hart Cup winner. Do you think she enters it, and that, of course is Mariah May.
Speaker 6: You know, does that we want to hold off on that segue into the next segment, though, I'd love to see Mariah in there.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: And if we're going to talk about previous champs, isn't Willow a previous champ?
Speaker 3: To Willow is a previous champ. Baker is a previous champ.
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 6: I think that's it, right.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, Britt Britt, Britt and Adam Cole won the first one, and then it was uh uh Ricky Starks and Willow and then it was Mariah May and uh who won it last year?
Speaker 6: I thought, who did win the men's last year? Yeah, So if we're looking for a different a couple extra entrants, I'd like to see Julia Harden there. They don't have her in a program developed with anybody right now, So get her in there. And you know, if we're gonna grab somebody out of left field something, we have an answer tam With the men's I'd like them to pull somebody from another promotion. If we're talking about somebody who'd taken out bringing in New Japan or CMML personality. So with the men and then with the women Stardom CMML as well works. Uh, you know, bring in some talent from from overseas to take that out a little showcase in the first round.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yeah, I mean it won't be Mina shira Kala because she's a little busy right now. She's I believe the first week of this month is when she wraps up with with Stardom, but she's already booked for a couple of dates. She's taking on azm or Azumi. Uh, pretty soon. There's I mean four rounds round. I can stretch it out. I just don't see Mina Shirakala coming in and taking a spot in this. I really don't the joker position.
Speaker 6: And then and that's the big reveal in six weeks or whatever when they do the next first round match for the women.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if they do that, it's going to be down the road. It really will be. Anybody else have any ideas about the two women that should fill in the spot that's open.
Speaker 8: I would like to see Palazzo in it. I'd like to see her do some more. I think she's really good. And yeah, I'd like to see her out there some more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look, when you're talking about aw's women's division, and we're going to get into like an injury report in just a little bit. But with the women that are there right now, in the last three AW shows that aired on the regular timeslot, not counting the Collisions, the Slam Dug Collisions that had that aired at eleven o'clock, but the last two Dynamites and the last Collision were all main evented by women. Megan Baine, as a matter of fact, made event at the last two Dynamites that has not been done by a woman since twenty twenty three when a Carusheeda took on and beat Tony Storm in the main event of Dynamite. I believe it was in August of twenty twenty three, and then the next week she took on Anna j in the main event of Dynamite. So the Karlsheda and Megan Bain, there's some history for you there.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, if we're sticking with the men, I know you had something to say about this, but like, the women are getting a lot of airtime, especially in the main event arena and the AW standard shows.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely. Do you think does anybody think that this point blank that revolution there has been an argument that Tony Storm and Mariah May should have or could have made event to that, do you think that Dynasty or even Double or nothing has a possibility of a women's made event or even all in.
Speaker 4: Love to see it. I would love to see it, honestly. And it's great that they're getting, you know, the headline on the standard shows. It's great they're getting more representation. But I want, I do believe that they deserve It's not a deserving thing. They're entitled to a main event for pay per view. Tony Storm's feud with Mariah May was probably the most interesting thing going on in professional wrestling for five and a half months. That could have easily headlined that show and kept asses in seats the entire time.
Speaker 3: Jane, that was sixteen months that story went on. Sure, there was a long break with Tony Storm, wasn't there, but that was part of the story as well. But it was sixteen months from beginning to end.
Speaker 4: I mean every single turn, every single you know, like every single surprise it kept. It was very fresh, and yeah that if they're going to keep the women's division like pumping like this, I could see it happening. It should happen. I don't think it's happening soon, though.
Speaker 3: Anybody else think that the women are going to makee event the pay per view anytime soon? I do. Shane doesn't, even though he would like to see it, he doesn't think it's going to happen. I do think it's going to happen.
Speaker 6: I think they can. I don't think there's anything right now that justifies it. The chance was the Mariah made Tony Storm blow off like that was that was the time to do it, and it just didn't line up with what they were looking to do. But if they were going to main event, that was it. And it's not the women's fault. They're just not given as much stuff to work with. So there's only two, maybe three storylines at a time as opposed to six or seven with the men now right now, if you're looking at them, you have to start a build for that to justify it in a couple months. I mean, they're capable of it. I don't think anybody can sit here objectively and argue that Tony Storm versus Mariah may wouldn't have been a draw for a main event like it was, Like Shane said, and Kelson mentioned, some of the best content in storylines, in acting really for professional wrestling in a long long time, like nothing had been done like that. I think we saw a complete character transformation of character work on parallel so far, but that's an outlier, like that's exceptional. There isn't enough consistency yet to give them that. And I think the last couple of weeks I've been trial runs, what sort of draw are the ladies. It's not been like Rando Women main eventing. It's been the Top women main eventing. The biggest story they got going is the Tony Storm rhyme for making bain things. So like they're keeping the main people in there and see how they draw, and it's been mixed. Some's been good, some's been bad, but you're not going to know those until you try. And the other thing to keep in mind is their main eventing. Are they giving them enough juice to pulling ratings for that or is it just seemed thrown together? So I think we're going to see them experiment a little more and if they get something going that's really hot, yeah, no reason they can't Maine event just like any other storyline.
Speaker 7: So I can see the only one I could see main eventing would be double or nothing, and that would be if they could figure out how to do Mercedes versus Athena. Either all want it to be great bad. I don't see all In doing it, but double or nothing. I can see that storyline happening, and if they can juice it up well enough.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, you know that Athena is from yeah, Texas, Texas, so yeah, I mean right right there in the backyard, So that would make a little bit of sense happened Athena e mer Sades at all In in Texas. I just think that's a little bit too long of a build for for that, Matt, But I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, I mean, especially especially lately with how they kind of been dragging out some of the other storylines that are in play. Yeah, I think all like waiting for Texas is a very long time.
Speaker 7: I don't know they've done it before, but you know they're trying to hype up Ocado versus Kenny for all Into, So.
Speaker 5: I mean, you never know what could happen, but I could see it.
Speaker 6: I think they should hold off to Allan. I think they should slow roll this. I think they should slow roll this and they should just tease it, have them have wars of words or war words as they dance around the edges, like I'm saying, and then have them in something at a pay per view. But slow roll this because somebody else at the moment is all in. If you were going to establish somebody as a new star, there's two ways to do it. They're going to win the big title or they're going to win the TVs title. A win over Mercedes Monnett arguably can establish somebody stronger than a win over Tarney Storm for the belt right now, that's debatable. But you've got two very very strong champions right now in the women's division, and these are opportunities to make a new star. And if you're going to do that, you do that at the biggest event possible. And that's all in. So if she's going to be the go forward in the TBS division Athena, you do it on the biggest stage possible in her hometown to make that as big a deal as possible. Otherwise it's a wasted opportunity in my view. I'm with MK on that.
Speaker 3: Well, here's another thing that you'd need to consider as well. I brought this up earlier Azuomi and Mina Shirikala at Resurgence later this month. I believe are sling to become the number one contender for the n jp W Strong Women's title. Uh. The winner of that that could be a match for Mercedes at double or nothing right.
Speaker 5: There, I can see.
Speaker 7: Okay, So here's my thing. I think Athena is somehow going to lose her title, and Mercedes will lose one of her titles, thus fueling the fire. They'll cause each other to loon or something, and then they'll face it all in.
Speaker 5: That's what I would like to see.
Speaker 3: I don't think that Athena is going to lose that I ever lose that title. They've made too much of a big deal out of the forever champion. I think that they're going to have her vacated like somebod with Joe vacated his and go from there.
Speaker 5: See I hate that myself.
Speaker 6: But what's the other She's got two belts? Though, what's the other promotion she has it from?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 6: Two belts? The spinner back?
Speaker 5: And then?
Speaker 6: Or is it just okay? I thought she had an Indie belt, So in my bed, no you can.
Speaker 4: We're gonna I'm gonna check that. I did want to make a point, Barry kind of piggyback off of what you said. As much as I hate the idea of them dragging it to Texas, it is an opportunity for them to do some fun stuff behind the scenes, Like, you know, we could put the minions to work, have some story that way, and we're getting you know, people getting are getting attacked behind state, behind the scenes. You know, there's they could drag it out and have it be fun and kind of make sure the women.
Speaker 3: And Shane don't forget that. On Collision, we saw the seed planted of the Renegades joining with Mercedes bone H. Robin Renegade of course was there. Charlotte Renegade has been injured, but it looks like she may be able to come back soon. And she's been cutting hair. She's been she's that's what she's been doing in her time off. And but she did make a comment about Robin at Collision and how psych she was, So that was interesting. Speaking of injured wrestlers, Shane like Charlotte Renegade.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'm gonna run down who we got out right, like the official aw, this is what they've given to the media their list of talent that's out and I'll try to be as fast as possible. So we have Red Velvet with an unknown injury back in January. Buddy Matthews has an ankle injury that he sustained Grand Slam. Juice Robinson the broken fabia on collision. Back in November, kill Switch had like serious long term pneumonia. They thought he was going to die. He's just kinda he says he's ready. No, there's no story, but there are conflicting stories about him coming back because of long term implications of his respiratory stuff.
Speaker 1: Nick Comarado has a hip injury.
Speaker 4: Skyblue has been out since July twenty two, twenty four, just went under underwent.
Speaker 1: Surgery and.
Speaker 4: She provided an update and said that she's not cleared yet. Dalton Castle has an unknown injury that he sustained in collision and he's going to be out until the middle of this year. Rehost fractured arm. She's going to be out for another six months. Matt saidel's a broken right foot that he's currently in rehab for. Trent Burrett is an active from a spine injury that he had surgery on that he's doing PT for Eddie Kingston with his torn ACL and his meniscus back in May, which he's currently in PT for very public about his recovery, so I could see Eddie coming back sooner than later. The Blader had ruptured discs in his spine spinal fusion, says surgery was scheduled for this year, or teases out with a torn peck that he sustained in January twenty twenty four. But I've seen that he's scheduled for indie shows coming up here soon, so I think they're just not using him in AW And then Keith Lee s has long term COVID, but he's been hanging out backstage since February, so he could be back anytime. And Uh, that's the injury report. That's everybody.
Speaker 3: Wow, Yeah, that is quite a roster of wrestlers that are injured.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry that we haven't done the injury report. No a red hot second Colson. I think it was a couple of months the last one, so.
Speaker 3: I can't remember the last time we did one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we used to do them all the time, so any I will, let's move to the panel. You know who you guys pumped to see him back. I got I'm all for a Dalton Castle.
Speaker 1: That just me. The Keith Lee is amazing as well.
Speaker 4: I think Keithley has world champion written all over him with if I think if Swerve holds, then Keig Lee coming back will look fantastic.
Speaker 6: I yeah, I want to see Dalton Castle come back, and I want to see him working with Megan Bain. I want to see him. I want to see him be Megan Bane's employee. I think that would be great. I think I think he has the charisma and the character to pull it off. I'm bummed the Boys aren't there anymore due to whatever happened with that. You can get some new ones or whatever. But like Dalton Castle's stick where they are doing it and worshiping Megan Bane, I think that would be amazing. Especially if she jobs out of the pay per view. That's the next piece to keep her fresh on TV. He's down a little bit, Dalton Castle picks her back up.
Speaker 3: Work outrunners being the Boys brought a consistent basis there for a while before Dalton got injured.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think the.
Speaker 1: Boys are now, Aw's dooint the clown. We don't know who's going to be.
Speaker 6: They're a lottery backstage.
Speaker 8: They should have a few people be the boys, like alternate them every so often every week. It is some kind of gimmick, some kind of joke. Yeah, I mean, just anybody, anybody come out as as a boy.
Speaker 3: I would love to see age character come out as yeah, exactly, just disgusted.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it would be great.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 3: To get on his hands and knees so that can climb up in there.
Speaker 6: That his doing that.
Speaker 3: Oh God, take my money now.
Speaker 8: I think Max Pastor would be good as one of the boys arguing about who's better, who looks better?
Speaker 6: You know, Max. I think Max would be really good at that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, speaking of Max, anybody else Fantasy book Max's open challenge at all in being on Cold?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I keep hearing that it's the most preposterous thing.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean it's a hilarious It would it would.
Speaker 3: Make sense just literally Stone Cold wouldn't have to wrestle.
Speaker 6: Right, he's in Austin. It would be a huge pop. I mean, obviously it's not gonna happen, but I mean the logistics and the storytelling workout. Max Caster's open challenge, the glass hits whatever generic rip off of his team. He comes out kicks and using the sunner, leaves a million dollars pay day. Everybody loses their mind. I mean for a moment, never gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they'd have to call him stunning Steve Austin instead of Stone. I'm just saying.
Speaker 7: So, I want Keith Lee to come back, but I want him to be worked back up at Dynasty.
Speaker 5: He didn't need to back up.
Speaker 7: And I really think that those two compared to they have history, know if they ever made up or not, but uh, you know, he don't need to back up to beat John Moxley with all the interference, and I think big big Hole himself, Keith.
Speaker 5: Lee would would be a great fit for that.
Speaker 4: What what's the other side of that coin, is Keith Lee coming back and like partnering back up with sort of Strickland joining the embassy. That could be fun. Yeah, I mean, look, hey, we were homies. Men pug it out, you know, time time heals all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am one with you on the men's side, Keith Lee. Don't get me wrong. I want all the wrestlers that are injured to come back healthy and able to wrestle. Wrestle by the way. I love Eddie Kingston, but on the women's side and on the women's side sky Blue, I mean just having her back with Julia Hart or even and Leenomanada, if that's the way they want to go. Uh, it's she's she's just she's a work course, she's wanted a workhourses of aw they need her. She always puts on a good show and she's popular.
Speaker 6: So she was really humbling before she got her.
Speaker 3: Knew, Yeah, she was coming into her own.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: I do believe she was on track to get a title belt. I think she may have gotten the TBS title if Mercedes Moda didn't come along and ruined that. But hey, but Shane, you had something else you wanted to talk about.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at free agency, and you know, obviously this is a big year for free agency across the entire you know, Professional Wrestling Platform, AWWWE, New Japan, they all have huge contract the TNA, huge contracts on the way out the door. So I mean, just to get given an example, you know, WWE. This is aj styles final year with WWE as far as we know right now, and he's refused to sign anything both from the TNA side and the WWE side, Well, how crazy would that be to see him come over to AW after his contract is up at the end of May. That'd be sweet, That's like, that's like dream for mem so. But yeah, what do you guys, You guys got any insight on the whole free agency thing or who is a free agent or who's on the back end of their contracts.
Speaker 1: Most of who we follow, Mariah is up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get that with Mariah, her contract is up, her original contract. But fightful at other places have said that AW has options there, and AW, if they do have options, would be incredibly stupid not check exercise those options. We just don't. We just don't know.
Speaker 6: Good on her believing on herself and doing that shorter term contract though, because I know Tony tries to get a lot of people over in three or five years and she knew what she had. That's losing if Mariah jumped, I mean, that's that's a sizeable loss, and it's I mean, there's no way WWE wouldn't go after her. She's a great talent and she was in one of the biggest storylines of the year in any promotion.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I think that Tony is I think Tony would put the jags on keeping Mariah May, and he'd be stupid not to like she. She's she will be quintessential and whatever they choose to do to elevate the women's division within the next six months when she comes back, there's going to be hell to pay.
Speaker 6: Oh huge pop when she comes back.
Speaker 4: Huge can't so or even I mean, like we didn't consider her being in the Owen uh the Owen Hard Cup. You know, imagine they have a wild card or a joker and it's Mariah May. She takes it all the way and she's up against Tony Storm.
Speaker 6: Again at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: When you're talking free agency, Shane. One of the things that look, as you said, there are wrestlers in TNA and New Japan and wwe don't forget Stardom that are have contracts expiring. You also have people and of course AW that has contract expiring. But more so what you have at AW are a bunch of wrestlers that frankly are on the absentee list. They are cleared to wrestle, but they're just not wrestling, and why have them on the roster. You know, we're talking about free agencies We've got to talk about releases as well. I mean, look at look, Britt Baker could be released. Why keep Britt Baker? If somebody like a zoom for just throwing a name out there, a ZOOMI your Starlight kid from start to become available, why would you keep Britt Baker not even wrestling. You know, I'm.
Speaker 1: Just saying the politics behind the scenes with it.
Speaker 4: It's now known that there that Britt Baker was gate keeping the locker room for the women. It's unfortunately, you know, like like that's all out in the open, and we didn't really see her start to kind of go down in programming until that was kind of publicized. So I mean with the Britt Baker thing, yeah, yeah, like do we I agree with you Kelson? Just drop her if she doesn't want to be here. See you have a nice day and enjoy your time in NXT with all your old friends. You know, see it in six months when they dump you for the next round of guys that they're gonna poach you know. Yeah right, he like remove all like regarding a e W stuff from her like Twitter, like remove all the yeah, scrubbed.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, we aw just picked up Kevin Knight mm hmm. You know, look, if you have wrestler that is not wrestling and you replace that wrestler with Kevin Knight, that's a great pickup. It's a great pickup. There's no other way to look at it. It's a great pickup. We talked about the olwen Hart. Kevin Knight's another name you can throw in there as a participant in that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, doesn't know, nobody would expect them to win.
Speaker 7: No great way to introduce him though, and that's what they need right now because I don't know much about him, so it will be nice to see him have have imagined build him up a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I talked a little bit about this on the discord. WWE's got clearly they've got an XT which from a I don't even know if you can call them a developmental territory anymore or promotion. They're almost a third brand, if not a formal third brand. But they've got that going there, and there's that's a direction for a lot of performers to work towards out on the indies, and now with the WWID program, they've got a whole other layer below that to kind of grow that audience that they'll draft up from. It's a really really well developed farm system and AAW doesn't have that. So Tony, if you look at a lot of the hires they've been doing, he's been really focusing on a lot of people under thirty five, especially a lot of talent under thirty, having those guys that if you lose top stars and you start building them now in two or three years, those are those those next top stars, and they're at an age where you can ride those guys for ten to fifteen years. You know, you're not bringing in You're not bringing in somebody who's thirty five, who's got five or six years where they can still kind of go full speed, and then they start having to taper off because while the character work and the promos of their peak, the body really starts falling off. So he's he's really been focusing on those hires, and I think Kevin Hurt or not Kevin Hurt, Kevin is a good addition to that group of guys. And you've got you know, hang Man, You've got Swerve, You've got Osprey, you've got m JF. You know, a lot of these younger top guys are are pretty young and Uh and I think this is a good edition of that group and growing up.
Speaker 3: Erry, I got to disagree with you on something that you said, and that you said or alluded to at least that AW does not have a developmental promotion, and I disagree with you. It's called New Japan Pro Wrestling.
Speaker 6: I was going to go there, Kelson, I don't want.
Speaker 3: To go there. I was thinking about it as a joke. It's funny because God, honestly, God, it's the truth.
Speaker 6: Though I was thinking and mentioning from a developmental that they have to pull from other promotions like CMML RevPro and New Japan. But I decided not to as I was saying it. But like, it's a joke, but it's not untrue. And I think we've seen, especially for a lot of North American and European talent, being it's a lot easier logistically to work for AW than it is New Japan. But a lot of them are very fond memories. They like to go back and work there. It's a fun place for a lot of them to work, So I don't think that's a bad thing. But you know, a lot of us have a soft spot for New Japan and it's hard seeing some of the talent that they spend years developing leave. But that's the way wrestling is now, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, we've seen a lot of people in AW leave, you know with the last what year to you know, year year and a half, though it happens. I mean, that's why, that's the way wrestling is.
Speaker 8: As you said, I'd like to mention about Kevin Knight. I've seen him in the Independence and I saw a phenomenal match between he and Benjamin Shelton, just amazing, and I've seen some of his work in New Japan. I like him a lot. I think he's a really good addition to AW. I also think that what's his name, Blake who.
Speaker 3: Wrestled Kenny Christian.
Speaker 8: I think that he's really good and there's a lot of potential there. So I would agree with the younger guys coming in and being the next top stars. I can see it with at least those two wrestlers right there.
Speaker 6: I'd also like to say I'm an idiot because AW does have a development or territory. It's called Ring of Honor, and it's literally their developmental promotion, and it just right out of my head. So it popped that.
Speaker 3: In my head.
Speaker 6: I'm like, how did I forget about Ring of Honor? I'm an idiot? So thank you Nett for inadvertently reminding me. I'm an idiot.
Speaker 3: You know what, though, I didn't even think about it because I honestly don't consider Ring of Honor development will watch it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just don't see it.
Speaker 3: That's why I think it's its own entity and it's got the history and I if you watch a Ring of Honor, it's a damn good show. It's it's meaningful. I enjoy it.
Speaker 1: It is what it is.
Speaker 4: I mean like when I think about Ring of Honor, I think about like twenty fourteen through seventeen, like when the Ring of Honor boom was like a really big thing, you know, Tony Kahan putting his hands on that product kind of Tony conified it.
Speaker 1: It's more of just like died aw. I love Ring of Honor. Yeah good, I'm just saying, you know, like that is what it is, so still love it. Yeah, I couldn't.
Speaker 6: Flavor give it its own flavor. Just let somebody else book it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Scott da More, Gail Can.
Speaker 3: All of the well.
Speaker 6: Speaking of hiring a free agency that you didn't mention that. I really really hope, especially since we've talked about the women's division so much, that AW has at least talked with Gail Kim from like what she did with the women in TNA over the years. I think she would be She's she's as great a backstage hire, assuming she's a professional. I don't I've never heard anything other than everybody loves working with her. She'd be a surefire thing for backstage possible.
Speaker 3: You know, you know Barry in this podcast we were talking about the women's division, and in the early days of this podcast, and there was a time on this podcast where TNA was the women's division, the women's division.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, Gail Kim.
Speaker 4: What she's known for in the industry being able to confidently tell people know why and why it's going to benefit them, and she has a very high success right in that, which is I think is something that Tony Kahan needs, especially in the women's division. Someone that's going to come in and say, hey, I know this better than you do. No, this is a stupid idea. Let's do it this.
Speaker 3: Way and two matches every show, let me run it so Basically, what you're saying is, if Gail Came is hired by a W Britt Baker is absolutely out.
Speaker 4: I would I would, dud.
Speaker 6: Do we know that Britt isn't just deciding maybe to retire dude to her thing and just focus on being a dentist here in Orlando? Like do we know that? Are we certain.
Speaker 3: It could be?
Speaker 6: I mean, because if she was to sign with w W, she couldn't be a dentist anymore. The schedule is too tough, and I don't know if she wants to give that up.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Well, I will have to give her a call. I'll give her a call after the podcast.
Speaker 4: Is it like it's aebrity dentist things like a celebrity therapist.
Speaker 1: We're going to be Baker.
Speaker 6: It's in winter Park back in the day. Yeah, she'd ever belts for her any promotions and stuff. But I don't think they do new clients anymore. It's all just for existing ones. I have a friend of mine who goes to the dentist, but he sees the one of the guys that's there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I wanted to bring up some news that came out a couple of days ago. I think it was actually yesterday morning that it came out. BJ Bethel, how do you put out? Is it s scoops or SE scoops?
Speaker 5: Guys that are to go scoops?
Speaker 3: It's see scoops. Uh. He said that on average, since aw went to Max, on average here the first twenty four hours after show airs, meaning either live or within a twenty four hour period, it's averaging five hundred k viewers a week. That's an average of five hundred k viewers a week. So sometimes it's more and sometimes it's less, which means that the average Dynamite from this year is getting one million to one point two million viewers a week, which is really good. Now fightful select Sean ross Sapp made a post that has got about six thousand votes. The last time I looked, asking, uh, well, I hate bringing this up like this, asking if you watch there was three options. Do you watch Dynamite on TBS, do you watch Dynamite on Max? Or do you pirate the shit? Basically is what he asked. Oh wow, by far more people watch Dynamite on Max. Forty six percent said they watched it on Max. I can't remember the percentages, but there's a pretty disturbingly high amount of people who said that they pirated it.
Speaker 5: So well, the count Triller I used to I used to uh pirate it.
Speaker 3: So you don't want to admit that on the podcast. Man, they're gonna come in a.
Speaker 1: Cut that I don't know if.
Speaker 6: You irating, if you're using a formal app to view it, maybe you were a little shady and how you signed up for it, But I mean it's through a formal official channel, So I don't know if i'd say that's pirty.
Speaker 7: Maybe maybe Well, when when you cut the cord and they don't have other options, you have to be sneaky, so creative.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, like it's still you know, guarantees take it at tadense t shirts ails. You know you're it's still giving product exposure, so which is a great thing for a w I mean like they've they've doubled their demographic for viewership just by getting over to max.
Speaker 3: They're going to continue to grow.
Speaker 6: I listened to Wrestling Observer talked about this last night Alvarez and Meltzer, and then Alvares talked about it on The Wrestling Observer Live a little bit today, kind of breaking down how streamers and Netflix does this too, so they kind of talked about them together on how the average viewer number is a calculated thing based on a certain number of minutes divided by certain number subscribers and this weird thing. So it doesn't necessarily equate to five hundred thousand actual people, but all of the viewing of that period adds up to five hundred thousand people as though they were sitting down and I think live they're estimating it was around probably one hundred and twenty five one hundred and fifty thousand additional or watching live. So you add that on top of the other thing that I want to add in here that I got over myself. So you've got that watching live, and the ratings have stayed pretty linear and flat, if not have come up from the dip they had in February and not really lose one hundred, one hundred and fifty thousand in watching on live TV and add that to live streaming. That's a that's pretty impressive. It's not WWE impressive, but they're not in a completely different situation for AW considering their struggles to have that, I think that's impressive, and ratings are going to come up before attendance rises significantly, and I think we see a little bit better attendance coming up on some of these venues too, compared to where they've been now. The programming has been a lot better up through Revolution hasn't been the same high quality. It's just not as much good stuff on each shows, and I think that had something to do with it. But there's definitely positive signs here. They're not out of the weeds and won't be for a while another eighteen to twenty four months at least, and because it's just the programming, but you look at some of the fig leaves here, there's some promising trends.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it really it's cool to see them get the million voters. I think you know a lot of people on the internet who have that goal post of well they can't break a million a million a week, so they're not quality, and then we have that that go. Both will probably be moved again. But I think they did a great service of allowing both cable and streaming to be because that gets them additional stuff, where in my opinion, WWE kind of shot themself on the foot with only being on Netflix and kind of limited their exposure.
Speaker 4: Well, on the topic of WWE, they're reporting viewership in the same ballpark. But the way that Netflix calculates viewership for WWE is different than how they build that metric for Max. You know, anyone that's logged in the Netflix could be watching WWE, and they just say that everyone that's logged in is watching WWE, which I think is weird.
Speaker 6: Yeah, is that just for them though, Like, as far as I know from what I've read up on it. In friends of mine in the industry, their metrics for streaming is just so bizarre compared to TV. I have a friend of mine who works for an agency, and he was just talking about how when they're pitching shows, the way they have to talk about advertisements they can sell on network versus when that goes to streaming and how that's bundled per Like, it's just it's really weird how they calculate it, and I mean it fits we're stuck thinking about television. We talk about streaming services, but they're not television. There's something different that happens to have shows that are similar to what was on TV, and so they crunch those numbers just really really bizarre, And I think there's a definite story there to see if when it comes to advertising for the live stuff, if the advertisers are ever really going to believe any of the numbers they're given. We're just dipping our toes into live streaming for sporting events, and I include a wrestling in that live sports, combat entertainment or whatever. It'll be really interesting to see those trends if they do believe those numbers long term. And I'm interested to see how Netflix is going to lead that because the five hundred pund guerrilla is WWE for live programming right now in the non you know, n b A NFL world, and what they do there are probably set the tone for everything else, including AW.
Speaker 3: Down the line, Well, there is one thing that I wanted to bring up, actually a couple of things about this BJ Bethel story that he that he brought up with the five hundred thousand average viewers. He did say that, and I don't know if there's any truth to this that AW is beating the NHL in viewership on a consistent basis. That's they're not beating the NBA. But the thing is is that when the when the NHL and when the n b A is on Max. Those programs are are advertising AW. And now MLB is on Max, so not much, but they are on there, and hopefully we'll see some advertisements for AW on the Major League Baseball broadcast MAX. So you know that's part of it. The other thing that he and here's the barometer of the success at how AW is growing. This is what I use AW right now is running smaller venues, which is a great thing. It really adds to the shows. The crowds are hotter, they're more visible, they're having a good time. You have a good time when you see other people having a good time. But my barometer for aw's success, if they do get to a point of success, is when people start complaining that they're not able to get tickets to AW shows because these small venues. That's all I wanted to say, Shane, let's go to you. What's next? What are we gonna do next?
Speaker 1: We're at Poprie.
Speaker 3: O Perrie.
Speaker 4: Who's got some potpourri today? I've got that's something cute. I'll start this one out, so I follow.
Speaker 6: Wait, I want to tag in on a venue thing real quick. I thought I was unmuted. I thought I was muted. So in two weeks. Aw's at the Masonic Temple in Detroit, so that's where I grew up. I've been there. It's an amazing venue. It's going to look exceptional on television, and I'm super excited to see the two though.
Speaker 4: Spec you Shane, Sorry, yeah, I know you're Florida based.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm going to Tory's. See, I'll drive it there.
Speaker 6: Really really cool venue. Yeah, it's gonna be great in two weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I saw pictures that's supposed to be like like Hammerstein grades, so I can't wait.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I pictures too, that looks awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so all right, back to pot Pourri. Uh, I'll star pot Pourri really just something. Usually I like to be a jerk during these segments, but today I'm just we're chilled today Ruby's I follow Ruby Sojo and Angelo Parker on social media and it appears that I don't know if they're taking steps back from AW, but they're opening a board game shop, like a board game cafe together, so like a like a hobby shop. So that looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun and good for them. They're living there. Got the little slice of the American dream.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why not. They got a family. Now what you know, do what you gotta do. That's that's awesome.
Speaker 6: Where are they based?
Speaker 1: That is a good question.
Speaker 8: Indiana.
Speaker 4: Someone pick a song off of Indiana and the wolves come out from I can't remember the state from Olympia.
Speaker 1: Oh no, they're not from Indiana.
Speaker 3: Indiana.
Speaker 1: It's Indiana.
Speaker 5: Yes, state.
Speaker 1: Where is it?
Speaker 3: Where's Indiana? I have no idea where located in Indiana?
Speaker 6: Indiana with in the Greater Indiana Metropolitan Area area.
Speaker 3: What's the capital of Indiana?
Speaker 5: I thought, I don't know.
Speaker 8: Indianapolis?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Indio.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that makes sense. Indianapolis is an Indiana. Who knew.
Speaker 6: Name for a city?
Speaker 5: Are so similar sixth graders?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 5: Yes, uh.
Speaker 8: There's a fun fact that there is a city in Illinois in southern Illinois called Metropolis, and the whole theme of the city is built around Superman.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there's a.
Speaker 8: Statue and a museum and a festival hall time.
Speaker 5: I've been there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, me too. So there's there's.
Speaker 1: That y'all know about Hershey, Pennsylvania, I.
Speaker 3: Live in Pennsylvania. Let me tell you about Pennsylvania back back when, went back when there was the colonies you know, people just would name towns, and I know this about Pennsylvania. They were just named towns and they would be cheeky with them. I mean, Pennsylvania used to have names of towns like Horrorsville and Sally's Crotch. You know, now.
Speaker 9: We still have intercourse. I mean, of course, intercourse will never change. Yeah, but yeah, but uh yeah, uh.
Speaker 3: All right, moving along now that anybody else, anybody else a w related potri.
Speaker 5: Us I do uh.
Speaker 7: I want to say, I have really something I haven't said in a while, is I have become really interested in Adam Cole storyline for once. I like what he's doing with Daniel Garcia. I'm really hoping he wins at Dynasty. He deserves the belt. If he can stay healthy, he will be a good champion to have on there and boost other people.
Speaker 5: It's he's kind of.
Speaker 7: Came back from from the NJF storyline and he's in my opinion, he's kind of doing better than m JF right now.
Speaker 3: Interesting. Well, of course MGF did say something about having the best natural tan in the business. I think that's said something about that last week and that everybody's jealous. During our live chat on collision shades. The vibe was saying something that I found interesting was like, and I didn't notice it, but Adam Cole is kind of filling out a little bit. He doesn't look like a little skinny pip squeak anymore. He looks good. He looks good.
Speaker 6: He didn't put on weight. He leaned out so like his arms and stuff for the same size Kelson, but he just leaned out his midsection. He looks he looks great. I think whatever he's doing, he keeps it up because he came back and he was really soft. But like you said, Kelson, he's he's leaned out and just looks fantastic.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: Well he seems to faster too.
Speaker 3: Well, he's not scared to debt to eat right anymore because he used to live with a dentist.
Speaker 10: But I mean, yeah, yeah, go ahead, okay, or does anybody else have a potpourri?
Speaker 6: I got appropriate, go for it. Not a w but it is pro wrestling related. So we saw the natural disasters are getting went into the WWE Hall of Fame. And as I mentioned on the show a couple of times in the night, I'm here in Orlando, and when I was early on in my college career at UCF. Here there was a bar and John Tenta worked the door occasionally. I don't know. I think he was friends with the guy and just hung out, and every now and then a couple of folks would get a little unruly inside. It wasn't really a bar with fights, but they had a bouncer guy, but he'd have to, you know, help some people out. This one time, though, this this dude just got an all out brawl and the bouncer guy they had there was struggling. Tento was at the door and he's like, excuse me, brothers, I'll be right back, and he got up as he's going to help this guy. We all started chanting earthquake, earthquake, earthquake, and he just was smiling and just he barely could get over there. He was laughing and broke it up and came back and sat down, and we were giving him a hard time. But it was a fun little moment. And I probably saw him there at the bar five or six times, and he was always just incredibly nice. Yes, and I was sad to see when he passed away, but I'm glad to see the natural disasters are going into the hall of fame, So he's a good dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, congratulations to them. I always like those guys too, yea. You know, they're one of the guys that you couldn't help but root for.
Speaker 6: No bad stories in real life about ten to either. All the interviews, everybody loved them, even back to when he worked in Japan doing Soon and stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, that's going to end Ignition for tonight. Tomorrow Night's going to be a very interesting show. For all the talk. We are going to do a review of AW Dynamite, especially because they're doing the owen Hart brackets, will finally be able to give our opinions on the full brackets of the owen Hart and of course some of the matches that happened on AW Dynamite. But we're also going to be doing a preview of AW Dynasty. Hopefully by tomorrow Night will know pretty much the full card for AW Dynasty, and we'll be able to give our thoughts and predictions and all the happiness that goes with that. You know, make total idiots of ourselves because we're never right. We don't even keep a scorecard anymore because it's just got too depressing to keep. We just talk and figure out. But if you're interested, join us on our discord tomorrow night. Come into the Ignition and All Lead Talk channel and either turn on your mic and join us in the voice or just stay in the chatroom and make your comments and predictions in the chat room and we'll just have a good time. We will just have a good time. We always do. You hear us tonight, We laugh, we cut up, we insult each other, but it's all with love and respect. True that. So we look forward to tomorrow night because we get to talk to each other yet again. I don't know about you guys, but Wednesday Adapter Dynamite, we did all the talk and it seems like three weeks went by until tonight. I don't know what it is, but it just seemed to drag on. I don't know if you guys feel the same way. It just seemed like a long break. I don't know why. But anyway, that's the show for tonight. Thanks for listening to Ignition. This is Kelson, This is Shane. Good night, everybody, take care, everybody, good night. Eddie kicks dead.
Speaker 1: He'll be back next week.