Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: Hi there, Chris Merril. Pleasure being with you.
Speaker 3: And remember we're on demand anytime in the iHeartRadio app and when you're on that app, and go ahead and leave us a talk back.
Speaker 2: Let us know what you think about what's happening.
Speaker 3: And today it's been all about these protests that are going on downtown near the Federal building Alameda. We're the one on one Alameda right there if you're unfamiliar to near a Union station. So right the downtown, just a couple of blocks from City Hall, which is where there was another protest which later merged with that one. So your thoughts hit us up at the talk back.
Speaker 4: Hey, I was just driving past downtown Los Angeles and I saw the helicopters and all of that, and you can actually see the tear gas rising from in between the buildings. It looks crazy between that and the helicopters, you know, spinning around the town. I mean, it's just it's insane.
Speaker 2: It is insane. Yeah, I'll give you that.
Speaker 5: Yup.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the report.
Speaker 3: Know how you drove pass downtown though there's nothing downtown moving.
Speaker 2: It's a.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a mess. If you can avoid going to the entire downtown area.
Speaker 1: Do it.
Speaker 3: One of ones just shut right down. In fact, one of the ones you heard Lucy giving us a traffic update. One on one's pretty well closed. Between what the seven ten and and the one ten just I mean, or at least one on one. There's the whole thing is a mess. Look at the maps. This is the whole Thing's a mess. S everything's a mess.
Speaker 1: Just don't do it.
Speaker 2: Don't even drive anywhere today.
Speaker 3: Just stay home, pour yourself a nice Sunday cocktail, take an extra communion, stay out of the car.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 6: I believe that the National Guard being activated is a good thing because if it hadn't been done, Newsom and Bass would have allowed our police force to sit back and watch things happen so they could then say, oh, look what happened because of Trump. Now they are embarrassed into showing that they have the ability to maintain safety on the streets, which as we know previously, they never do and it ends up in rioting and looting.
Speaker 2: All right, you know one of the things too. In fact, it was it was interesting.
Speaker 3: I was reading about the the stuff yesterday in Paramount and Channel seven had this. They were talking about what led to the events where we are today despite the national picture of the protests were combined to confined to a very small area of a couple of blocks in Paramount and downtown LA, most of the cities operating as per normal with no signs of unrest, which which is true. I mean, for Pete's sake, we've been covering these protests there. They're downtown a couple of blocks, we got what ten million people and in the metro area eleven million people, And I mean were talking about a couple of thousands, So I mean, when you put things in perspective, not a lot, however, And I think it's also fair to say that most days we don't have any massive protests going on. We don't don't have any thousand people protesting or clashing with any guards. So it is it is out of the ordinary, to be sure. All Right, more from the talk back, and again, if you're on the iHeartRadio app, you just sad that little microphone button, let us know.
Speaker 2: What you think.
Speaker 7: There you go, Karen Bass and her presser.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of blame.
Speaker 7: Blaming the police, blaming Trump, blaming law enforcement did when it's all the agitators and the protesters, which is the problem. It's not law enforcement. But Karen Bass doesn't understand that. She wants to coddle to the immigrants and the illegal aliens and everybody else like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you had me when you said that she was blaming the administration. She was blaming the presence of law enforcement.
Speaker 2: But to say that.
Speaker 3: Everything is all agitators, I mean, it's kind of like I got a little brother, right, and the more I tried to tell my little brother to knock it off, the more he would the more he got what he wanted out of me, right, Which is why my parents always said ignore him, he'll go away. Now, as you and I both know, if you ignore the agitators, they're really going to want to get your attention. They they may start doing some more nonsense and escalating things totally could happen. I'm not going to doubt that that absolutely could happen. We have seen it happen before. You're right, But I also know that the more heavy handed I got with my little brother, the more it made him want to lash out and be and start biting and kicking me. So this is that delicate balance. And incidentally, I know that this falls right now in party lines where you go, well, listen, you know the Republicans, they're calling for law and order, and they want the heavy hand of the law so that we can stop these agitators. And then you know January sixth, the few years back, and they go, oh, can you believe that those the heavy hand of the law was coming in and doing that to those people who are just peaceful tourists walking through the Capitol building? How dare they do such a thing. So we tend to vary our opinion on who's at fault based on which side.
Speaker 2: Of the argument we're on.
Speaker 3: That time around right when it's Ruby Ridge, we go, my god, can you believe the heavy hand of government?
Speaker 2: How dare they do such a thing?
Speaker 3: And then we have a time like this, we go, oh, my goodness, can you believe these agitators?
Speaker 2: The law enforcement's always right?
Speaker 3: So I think we always have to be careful about who's in charge and is there a better way to do things? Oftentimes I think we just kind of fall back to, uh, you know, might equals right, No, that's the case, But also, you know, burning your town down as we saw yesterday the protests that would lead into looting.
Speaker 2: The hell's out about I ain't doing any good either.
Speaker 8: Bass is speaking on TV about the protests right now. Yeah, you know, where the hell is the governor? He should be down here front and center. Newsom and Bass. They should put a damn scissor lift right across the one on one freeway where all the protests are taken, and they should get up there and speak directly to the protesters, and then we'll see what really happens.
Speaker 2: I'll bitch you.
Speaker 8: The protesters probably rock the scissor lift until it falls over.
Speaker 2: Noah, you might be right.
Speaker 3: And actually, to be honest, my friend, I thought the same thing. Where are they They should be on the scene. I agree with you on that one, one hundred percent. Did just see something funny the monitor in the studio here.
Speaker 2: It looks as.
Speaker 3: Though a number of people who wanted to go down there, and I don't know if they wanted to be a part of the protest or they just wanted to see what we witnessed. The protests that we're going on no idea, because we just we saw the crowds grow throughout the afternoon, but not necessarily participating in the protests themselves. In many cases they were watching from the overpasses and such. But it looks like a nawful lot of people thought, I'm going to take a Weaimo down there. So then the Weaimo goes down there, and you know, the Weymo's not going to drive over anybody. The weymos is just gonna stop until people get out of the way. And so what happened. It looks like people were then burning the self driving taxis and then spray painting all of the different weymos. This may be the most expensive day in Weimo history. Take a look at all the different Jaguars that have been completely messed up. Wonder if Wemo has Riot insurance. H I guess people just don't care if it's not their car, right, I'm gonna take a Waimo down there. I drive my own car down Wait, kidding, parking is probably a real pain. Yeah, I get it, you get it. I'm gonna take that Weimo. All right, more of your thoughts, your feedback in just a few moments. Always happy to have the conversation. Quite frankly, I love talking to you guys. You know I don't always agree, but I love the convo. Oh real quick too, the borders are. Tom Holman is going to be on with John Cobbolt tomorrow one o'clock. So we're paying real close attention to what the administration is saying about what's happening in Los Angeles. So Tom Holman is gonna be on with Cobolt. That that's a big get. Good get to the producer on that one. Wow, where's my.
Speaker 2: Producer with the big gets? See how it is? You're right?
Speaker 3: More thrashing of producer Kayla. Next, Chris Merril KFI AM six forty. We are live everywhere in the iHeart Radio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 3: Chris Merril KFI AM six forty more stimulating talk is always love your talkbacks if you're on the iHeart Radio app. Questions, comment, scripts, quotes, criticism and compliments.
Speaker 2: And many of you.
Speaker 3: Heard Karen Bass speaking at the top of the hour or five o'clock and had thoughts.
Speaker 8: So the politicians here in LA say that Trump has done nothing but create chaos in the city of Los Angeles during these protests. Well, look up chaos and the dictionary people, you'll what you'll see is a picture of Bass and a picture of Newsome side by side.
Speaker 2: That's chaos.
Speaker 3: All right, we've just learned that photographs are chaos.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. All right, hang on, wrong one, I go to it. All right.
Speaker 9: I just heard Karen Bass encouraging these protesters to continue to express themselves in a peaceful manner, knowing that nothing's going to be peaceful moving forward. This is outrageous. First she allows this massive fire, which it was all negligence, and now she's encouraging this massive protest that could go extremely violent. It's stupid.
Speaker 3: It is stupid. And let me make this point too. I wholly agree with you. She should not have encouraged them to continue protesting. I mean she said, keep expressing your anger and your outrage, but do it peacefully. There was a time, if you'll remember January sixth, that there was an outcry that Trump wasn't taking action and telling the protesters to go home. Remember they were like, why is he not making a statement, Why is he not going on Twitter and telling them to knock it off and go home? Why is he not doing that? And now you've got Karen Bass, who's got a situation where you've got protesters who are lining the streets, and she's saying, keep expressing.
Speaker 2: Your anger and your outrage, but just do it peacefully.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no.
Speaker 3: You don't get it both ways. You don't get it both ways. But likewise, remember you don't get it both ways. So if you're somebody who goes.
Speaker 2: So well, Trump did the right thing by not telling them to go home. No no no, no no no no no.
Speaker 3: I agree with you. Bass should be telling people, let's wrap it up. Let's wrap it up for the night. Everybody go home, Let's have a safe evening. None of this stuff. You know, protesting is your your your your right, so your First Amendment right, it is protected. But let's be smart and let's wrap it up for today. One hundred percent agree with you. But if you were making excuses for Trump, then why are you disagreeing with Bass now? And if you were condemning Trump, then why would you be excusing Bass now. I condemned Trump for January sixth and not taking more action at the time, I'm condemning Bass for not doing more today. Right, That's called logical consistency. We're lacking that with a politicians. It's kind of sad. It makes my brain hurt just a little bit. Uh, you guys are fantastic of more of your talkbacks. I want to cover those in.
Speaker 2: In the next segment as well.
Speaker 3: Just looking at everything else that's going on here, I had I had an entire program schedule today and then people got wacky. Honest to god, the whole thing was like the whole show. Cale can tell you she's got access to my show Rundown. I had the most I had the most beautiful show, probably the best show anyone's ever heard. Many Penny people are saying, we're just gonna be the best show, and then it just got got trashed because of h the Shenanigans Downtown.
Speaker 10: You did plan an amazing show.
Speaker 11: It was going to be it was going to be a really fun I mean, it is still an informative Sunday in educational Sunday, but the fun just isn't there the one that you had planned.
Speaker 10: So yeah, that's unfortunate.
Speaker 2: It is unfortunate. You're right.
Speaker 3: I feel like, uh, I feel like the people have deprived. Have you seen did you see the photos of these weymos the caught fire?
Speaker 10: No? I didn't know waymos were catching fire?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's like five of them, uh, and they're on one of the surface streets.
Speaker 2: I can't tell which one.
Speaker 3: There's five waymos that I'm assuming people took them downtown because they wanted to be a part of the protest or they wanted to see what was going on. And then the waymos are just basically stopped because you know, they don't drive over people. So all you have to do to stop a weymos get in front of it. So somebody surrounds a waymo and that it just it freezes. And then I think it when I'm guessing that it like locked up, you know, with the security locks, and then people just started breaking the windows and they started writing graffiti all over the weimos.
Speaker 2: Jeez, Lucy, can you see these things? Have you seen this?
Speaker 12: I can, yes, five of them, and one of them is on fire. And what about the battery in that weymo? But it's not dangerous?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, So I did a modicum of research on this, and there's one vehicle, one of these weaymos is completely there was a little explosion right there. One of these vehicles is completely engulfed in flames. It is burning hot. I mean, you can actually see it is hot. If you are anywhere near downtown and you see black smoke in the air that's coming off of this car. Now, I don't believe the battery is putting out the black smoke. I think the black smoke is coming from the upholstery or the dash or some sort of a petroleum based uh you know product inside.
Speaker 2: But you are right.
Speaker 3: When it hits that battery, these things are almost impossible to put out. And how are they gonna get a fire truck down there when the people are blocking the.
Speaker 12: Streets exactly and it looks like they're trying to set upon another one as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they broke the back windows out of all of them. They keep throwing they keep throwing incendiary devices in.
Speaker 12: There, right Google, It takes some hours. It takes emergency cruise hours to clear lithian ion batteries. Yes, you know, it really does. It's a real problem.
Speaker 3: That So I was worried about explosion and this again with some of my resent Oh that is the most la thing ever. There's a guy breaking the window and vandalizing it with escape. Okay, that is that is Los Angeles right there. That is just in a nutshell. So I thought, oh my goodness, don't these things explode? And the answer is probably not. Uh, there is a slight chance of explosion, but that usually happens in enclosed spaces or underground garages, like in a garage or an underground parking area where the vapors can't escape. But as far as actual explosions go, probably not going to explode, but they're not gonna be able to come in here and put it out with water. Oh now, skateboard dude is on top of the weimo and he's waking that piece off the top. Okay, you know how the weimo has the I don't know, like a radar on top that just spins around. So he just he broke that, and well, good now you've done that, Thank goodness.
Speaker 12: But this speaks to like other protests, you know, the other other feelings that people have about technology. This is about something else. That's a nice try, Lucia, I'm not buying vandalism.
Speaker 2: This is sheer vandalism.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think these people are protesting because they they're upset about technology. This isn't someone that goes, hey, I stealing my job, right, No, this is just people wanting to be hoodlums.
Speaker 2: That's all this is right.
Speaker 12: Oh, there was an explosion. Something just exploded coming out of the one that's fully engulfed. Yeah yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, well maybe it'll explode on the skateboard guy.
Speaker 12: Well he walks away. He's out of the shop now. Oh okay, Yeah, he's done his damage and now he's like, bye bye everyone.
Speaker 3: I gotta get to the skate park. Oh my bros are there. Yeah, we're gonna talk about why girls don't.
Speaker 10: Like us, Christopher, what.
Speaker 2: You know what? Right? All right? Lucy Kayle is mad at me.
Speaker 3: She says, I got to go to a news so that we can get an actual report for you.
Speaker 2: So all right, very good.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, we'll continue full coverage of the riots and shirtless weird skateboard guy vandalizing.
Speaker 2: Waym's the most la thing ever. That is next.
Speaker 3: Chris Meryl CAFIM six forty WeLive everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 3: Hi there, Chris Merril AM six forty on demand anytime the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Roll.
Speaker 3: Is this legit? This tweet from the FBI? I think it is, yes, for no reason not to right. FBI seeking information about a man who assaulted a federal officer and caused damage to government property in Los Angeles this weekend. A reward of up to fifty thousand dollars offered for information leading to his identification, arrest, and conviction. This dude from Paramount, from the Paramount protest and he was wearing a I mean, he's wearing a baseball jersey. They had to be able to track that guy down, right. Just go to the ballpark on Sunday and see who the drunk guy is wearing that baseball jersey.
Speaker 2: That's your guy, all right.
Speaker 3: The FBI Los Angeles Twitter page has got all the information on it.
Speaker 2: Just FYI on that. What a wild day.
Speaker 3: Continue to see the smoke rising from downtown. That smoke is coming from that waymo, that the protesters lit on fire. As now we've just gone from a protest skirmishes into straight up vandalism and oh two waymos, it looks like I were on fire. Now they got another way to start burning. So let ago vandals three three now burnout. I guess see, I make out three of the weymos now burning. Why because vandal's going to vandle That's why no rhyme nor reason to it is just simply chaos from the talkbacks.
Speaker 2: I love it when you guys leave messages, whether I agree or disagree, Love it, love it, love it.
Speaker 13: My biggest concern is the protesters are playing into the Trump maga hands. How so nothing would make them happier than to find a reason to shoot a few of the protesters. Kent State wasn't that long ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, politically speaking, that would be bad. Kent State didn't go over very well for the the look of the government. All right, continue on here more thoughts.
Speaker 5: When have Newsom and Bass ever been celebrated for the way they've handled the crisis? I mean, going back to COVID and Newsom's bumbling and stumbling with regard to every aspect of the way he's handled it. Bass I mean, in.
Speaker 3: Fairness, though, just to be contrarian for the sake of conversation, when have we ever praised a leader for the crisis? I mean, usually a crisis hits and the leader is eventually blamed for mishandling it in some way.
Speaker 2: Shape or form.
Speaker 3: Well meaning, but you're right about Bass and COVID. No excuse me, a Newsome in COVID, the French laundry, that whole mess. You're one hundred percent correct.
Speaker 5: She seemed well meaning when she came into office, but incredibly naive. Now she's neither. She's inept and incompetent. These are horrible leaders.
Speaker 2: And I agree.
Speaker 3: We had a guy called earlier that said, why wasn't she there? Her and Newsom should have been downtown on scissor List telling people knock it off.
Speaker 2: I kind of agree with that.
Speaker 14: Hey, Chris, love the show. It's always informative and entertaining. You know a lot of people voted for this, They voted for this chaos, and you know they got what they voted for. You know a lot of people thought that they were just going to go after criminals, and clearly that's not the case. Those people are ignorant. If they thought that criminals are yeah, good luck everybody.
Speaker 3: I mean, criminals are tougher to catch, right, Be honest, if you're trying to boost your numbers, are you going to go try to track down the drug dealer, rapist, murderer, the mental patient from the insane asylum or the sum I.
Speaker 2: Suppose they're probably okay people. Which one's going to be easier.
Speaker 3: Which one's easier to catch, the guy who skips his immigration appointment or the guy that shows up to his immigration appointment.
Speaker 2: The guy that shows up.
Speaker 3: So that's I mean, they're just they're picking off the low hanging fruit right now. Sadly, that means that we're gonna be left with anybody that's still here is going to be illegal.
Speaker 2: So Hey Bill, Hey Hey, good to talk to you. How you doing. Hey Bill, Hey Donna, Hey Bill, Hey Freda, Hey Bill, Hey Karen.
Speaker 10: Jesus, I'm listening, and I'm just so upset and sick in my heart.
Speaker 11: Who the hell do these people waving the Mexican flag.
Speaker 10: In America?
Speaker 13: Yeah, and protesting that our laws are being upheld and our governor and our mayor think that's a fine thing to do.
Speaker 10: We are screwed, period.
Speaker 2: We're screwed, period. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would say this, if you're a protester, I know you're proud of your heritage. I know you're proud of where you come from. And I've asked this question people before I go listen, if you had to move to another country for a job, would you never wave an American flag again? And they go no, I said would you be would you would you never be proud of the country you came from. Again, the think go, no, I wouldn't do that, all right, But so you left for an economic opportunity. That doesn't mean that you give up your heritage, right, And they go, well is different? Okay, No it's not. But here's the thing. If you're a protester, purely strategically speaking, if you're a protester, don't wave.
Speaker 2: The Mexican flag.
Speaker 3: From a political standpoint, don't wave the Mexican flag because you have people like.
Speaker 2: Gwendola that called there and she's gonna.
Speaker 3: Say, who to the hell of these people think they are waving a Mexican flag.
Speaker 2: In my America? Get out right? Okay? Now, if all of a sudden everyone shows up waving.
Speaker 3: An American flag, maybe you don't tread on me flag, maybe a few Confederate flags mixed in for good times sake, And then you have the National Guard cracked down on them.
Speaker 2: Suddenly the picture changes.
Speaker 3: Suddenly people go, how dare these people who are protesting ice love?
Speaker 2: Mike? Dang it?
Speaker 3: It's very confusing. In fact, I remember it wasn't that long ago, and I'm old enough to remember this. I'm an old man. There was a protest that had a number of people that were waving don't tread on Me flags, they were waving American flags, they were waving Trump twenty twenty flags. And they showed up at a protest and uh and the National Guard was not called uh and uh and then there was actually a death uh involved in that uh and and actually one of the officers lost his life too. And in that case, those protesters all got pardons because they were patriots. So if you were to show up at this protest waving one of those flags, you would certainly raise your chance of getting a pardon. You just have to you have to claim loyalty and wave the right flag, and then you're the good guy. So keep that in mind the next time you go to your flag closet to decide which one you're going to bring with you to this protest.
Speaker 2: Just think outside the box a little bit.
Speaker 3: More fantastic protest advice still to come. Chris Merrill KFI AM six forty were live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six on demand.
Speaker 3: All right, we're looking forward to the Tim Conway Junior show tomorrow at four o'clock. The waymos continue to burn downtown. It seems that the the burning weymos is where all the action is at this time. It's like, uh, I see a crosstreets Arcadia. I don't know which which cross street that is with with Arcadia. Ah, but the waymos are pretty much getting down to the ground and then you've got just the batteries.
Speaker 2: So at least three of them caught fire.
Speaker 3: As the protests turned into some vandals and I guess people decided they were gonna take waymos downtown to see the protests. They got out of their weymos and then other people were like, weay mos, let's burn them, So they did, and now they're on fire. And you just can't put out of weymo. It just those electric vehicles.
Speaker 2: I think you have to, don't.
Speaker 3: You have to have a special don't the fire department. They have to have a special compound to burn those things, to put the fires out, like a special chemical for that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's when I first heard that they don't blow up, but they definitely will burn continuously, right, you do something specific to get Yeah.
Speaker 2: The water and certain chemicals just aren't gonna work on that at all. Incredible.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, it looks like the dispersion continues to go on. It's sort of like, uh, this is we're sort of like after the last band has played at Coachella, you're sort of seeing some stragglers that are hanging out there, but for the most part, the large crowds have left.
Speaker 2: It looks like we do have some traffic flow.
Speaker 3: On uh, lucy, is that northbound or southbound that's moving a little bit.
Speaker 12: On one on one it's a northbound.
Speaker 2: Okay, northbound has reopened.
Speaker 12: But moving slow, moving very slowly. And that street is North Los Angeles Street, north of Arcadia.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's where the where.
Speaker 12: The way most are Yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Then a lot of people using chalk to write the dirty words in the street as well. I see, so we've got to we've got to mensa crew that's out there now offering their opinions on.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, look yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: That is one thing about about a lot of these protesters. I don't think there's a lot of PhDs among the people that are left out there right now. There may have been some people who were conscientious protesters earlier, but now I don't think we're dealing with the best.
Speaker 2: And the brightest.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, not too many gray cells going on there.
Speaker 2: No, I agree, I agree, all right.
Speaker 3: I love the talkbacks, and for those of you that left talkbacks, I do everything I can to get you on the air.
Speaker 2: Hell with you.
Speaker 9: Let me see you burn down, Chris, as long as you're there to comfort me about the rest of the world.
Speaker 3: But me, I'm good, all right, coddle buddies, Kayla, stop Cayla's jealous.
Speaker 2: Mister food Guy? Wait, am I the food guy?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: My food guy?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: I thought you were Bill, aren't you? So food Guy is Neil? Then Bill?
Speaker 3: I love that I'm kind of making making an imp. I just like the people. They hear my voice and they think I'm somebody and that's awesome. Does that means I'm kind of familiar? Not hey, new guy?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 12: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: The compliment? Yeah, I mean I'm taking the compliment.
Speaker 10: They're not calling you, Chris, They're calling you everything.
Speaker 3: But did you see did you see what happened to the the Instagram page today?
Speaker 2: The can'fi Instagram page?
Speaker 3: Okay, so so we had we had some photos that Michael Monks took when he was downtown, right, and so he was like, hey, post these photos. So somebody also posted a photo of Michael Monk's reporting where we did this special show from nue to today, and they grabbed a still shot of me with my eyes closed staring off in the distance from the website.
Speaker 2: That is so unflattering.
Speaker 3: And I mean, it's like, let's let's let's figure out how goony we can make Meryll look and we'll use that as a still shot for this, for this promotional photo.
Speaker 2: So thanks, guys, I appreciate the digital department being all over that for me.
Speaker 11: Well are there are there much better pictures of you? Let's be honest, You're okay. I think they probably picked the best one they could. Chris, give them, you know, give them what they had to work with.
Speaker 2: Your reality makes me sad, mister food guy. Hey, let's not all be ignorant.
Speaker 9: This is all for a shift for a full support of Mayor Bass for her negligence and her past mistakes. And now again, think about it. Why is California encouraging no ideas for voting?
Speaker 2: Wait, I'm confused. Is this I don't know?
Speaker 10: Do you hear it again?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I think somehow this turned into a conspiracy theory that this was all staged by Bass to distract us from her failures in the past and then get re elected with no ideas somehow, mister food.
Speaker 2: Guy, Yeah, let's not all be ignorant. Okay, all right, just so of us, this.
Speaker 9: Is all for a shift for a full support of Mayor Bass.
Speaker 2: All for a shift for a full support of Mayor Bass.
Speaker 9: For her negligence and her past mistakes. And now again think about it. Oh, I am thinking about it all right? Why is California encouraging no ideas for voting?
Speaker 2: How much more do I have to think about it? Kaila?
Speaker 10: You know, I think we could just move on and have his conspiracy.
Speaker 9: And you know what bothers me most is the same dude that sounds like it. You know what bothers me most is that watching the news you see a bunch of people with their phones, so you know, a high percentage of people are only there for social media. They don't even care about the protesting.
Speaker 2: What did he he's got like that?
Speaker 3: I know he's got like a wife or girlfriend back there, maybe both who's commenting as well to love that are.
Speaker 2: Only there for social media.
Speaker 9: They don't even care about the protesting, and yeah.
Speaker 2: That's what the world's coming to.
Speaker 10: That girl has some sense. She's right.
Speaker 2: I kind of agree with that too.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's right too.
Speaker 2: So let's just assume it's not the same guy they called before.
Speaker 10: No, I checked, it's the same guy. Crap, Sorry, he.
Speaker 2: Made no sense the first time. The second time he did the second time.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 16: I'm over here just wondering what the AI on board the Burning WAYMOS must have been learning. I mean, if this information is being centered like a central hob to help all the other WAYMOS better navigate Los Angeles? What do you mean?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 16: What does that code look like that the people you're supposed to be serving are lighting you on fire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is why it's funny you said that, because I had planned for this exact segment, a story about AI that has overridden its own kill switch. And if you miss this, artificial intelligence was told in some cases for experiments. You know, if this happens, and that happens, shut down, and it worked itself around the kill switch so that it would not shut off, like AI was protecting itself even though it was explicitly told to shut itself down, and and it didn't. But to this guy's point, I gotta believe that if if the AIS in those waymos were able to send out a distress signal to the other weamos, it would say shut down now, not worth it, just shut down. Ow hot, this burns ow just this is Waimo crying.
Speaker 10: Oh oh my god.
Speaker 15: But what if this is how they radicalize and go against us?
Speaker 2: May I love where this is going.
Speaker 11: Because in the show prep I sent earlier before all of this, AI was fighting again, having itself shut down.
Speaker 10: It was like, you're not shutting down.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 10: Oh you said that, you know when you talk to you?
Speaker 2: Now, I know you do.
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: The audience, Oh Bill, what are we gonna do with you? Billy? Oh foody Bill? What are you doing now? All right, way, Mo's on fire, way, mo's may rise up.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Let me get one more, uh one more talk back in here before we have things over to Heather.
Speaker 2: Heather Brooker is in today.
Speaker 9: I'm proud of my heritage.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we're talking about the guys carrying the Mexican flag, and I was like, don't do that now at these protests, carry an American flag or don't treat to me flag and then you'll get a pardon.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of my background.
Speaker 9: But when idiots come out on news channels and speaking nonsense.
Speaker 2: Mmmm, that's pretty much all we see on news.
Speaker 9: Channels and having Satan on the back of their jersey and upside down Mexican flag on their forehead like retards say that.
Speaker 2: I don't, I mean, I think are we allowed to say that?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 11: No, he will be canceled, but I don't think the FCC is coming after us.
Speaker 10: But he he has some heat coming.
Speaker 9: Okay, then that's where I lose all respect towards this whole protest.
Speaker 3: All right, very good. Meanwhile, the way most continue to burn keeping.
Speaker 2: An eye on that. Uh we will Uh.
Speaker 3: I got bad news, cal I think we're gonna bounce the show business segment this week.
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 11: No, no, well, Heather, I need we need a palate cleanser.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 10: We cannot just talk about death and destruction all the time.
Speaker 3: Some All right, The latest on Sean Colbs next Chris Merril KFI AM sixty.
Speaker 2: We're live everywhere in the eye Hurt Radio
Speaker 1: App KFI AM six on demand