Speaker 1: That's born. Chris, you have wise eyes.
Speaker 2: Eyes what up?
Speaker 1: Don't welcome bike?
Speaker 3: You don't ever wait to live much work much racks, young Chris Gordon Jones.
Speaker 2: We got dominant building will be joined by Detroit kol A that shot out fresh off the summer league. Summer league kil these days Kuli was.
Speaker 1: Out there getting buckets. Man, I feel like I feel like we gotta get kool aid on the court in the summer league. Did have him dusted off?
Speaker 2: Hey, Kula was once a Hooper.
Speaker 4: Oh he's still wants a Hooper, always a Hooper.
Speaker 1: That's what they say. Video Chris, never Hooper, None to Hooper, None to Hooper, never a Hooper.
Speaker 5: This guy can't stop talking about non to Hooper, nonoper.
Speaker 2: He did allegedly beat tay Conko alleged coding.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, what NFL athlete did you beat?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 7: I want that?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. That's a good question, Chris.
Speaker 3: Chris, do you feel do you feel different than you like your petty Pettily gave you it?
Speaker 5: Or no, not at all?
Speaker 1: Dubs, doube you take it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, doubs dope, No, I mean I mean to to him in his athletic career. I'm sure it's a very insignificant moment, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: He didn't remember it. He said never, that's no way happened.
Speaker 5: So yeah, but you know what, if.
Speaker 3: It's that big of a moment in his life, I'll give it to him.
Speaker 4: Was this thumb nails fire?
Speaker 2: Dude? It is. I had to.
Speaker 3: It was tough though to find, Like I want, there's no way to corporate what that movie was.
Speaker 2: That movie was fucking nuts.
Speaker 1: It was amazing.
Speaker 2: It was a three hour movie that was not boring, no, none of it.
Speaker 1: Stay here on the edge of your seat the whole time. Uh, the way it was broken up, like the acts, it all flowed very well.
Speaker 4: It was amazing. Man, I kind of want to go see it again.
Speaker 2: I would do, I would, Okay, I'm glad, Yeah, because I would. I asked Christy. I was like, you know, if you want to see it, I want to go Shelby to see it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, this is just it was awesome and like I know, you know, everybody that hasn't seen it then screaming woke fast. It's the two characters that you guys hate so much are on the screen for a combined nine.
Speaker 3: Minutes even beyond that, dude, it's just so good that you don't care. You're immersed in the film. A good film is supposed to.
Speaker 1: Be And Elliott Page is an Achilles, by the way, so everybody that was mad about that doesn't even play Achilles.
Speaker 3: And Elliott Page good actor, good actor, good actor.
Speaker 2: I'll say it. Yeah, I'll say. I mean, you're not kids got spunk. There's something about him.
Speaker 3: I mean, no, great actress, actor, actor, Elliott Page, Elliott Page, Elliott Page.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 1: What's that show called Umbrella Academy. Yeah, it's a good show.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't watch the newest seasons, I was asked, but yeah, she is she there? Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't really care.
Speaker 3: To be honestly, I do understand if you're upset initially over there bubbling.
Speaker 8: I'm just no, not at all. No, I said, I said, like they and I just like, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm pretty sure he goes by he I don't know barely in the movie. But did great.
Speaker 4: He's a good actor.
Speaker 2: He's a good actor.
Speaker 4: I straight up Matt Damon is the fucking man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, I like ship his come ups was like I was a little too young for it, you know, I still know he's who he is and a lot of his roles and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Like was that his best?
Speaker 7: It was?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean I'd put it right up there with pretty much anything that he's been obviously, you know, like good Will hunt Yeah, Goodwill Hunting is amazing. Yeah, Departed is amazing, Like, yeah, Jason Bourne is, but it was he that he was fantastic. That was one of the best acting performances I've ever seen him.
Speaker 2: Give I gotta find it.
Speaker 3: There's a tweet that I saw last night that the ending of that movie was like pure lines of plot cocaine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just dude, Like.
Speaker 8: Oh man, have you seen Ford versus Ferrari?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: How would you compare Matt Damon's performance in that movie versus this, because that was my favorite Matt Damon performance ever.
Speaker 1: I would say it's very comparable, Like obviously it's different characters, but the same level of performance.
Speaker 8: And speaking of that movie, John burnhal was he bad?
Speaker 1: Burnt was fantastic, great, Yeah, Burns was fantastic. Tom Allen did a great deliver Battinson. Battinson was fantastic, Like that I mean, and Hathaway was great.
Speaker 8: Of course.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about the way in like sometimes I do understand you get the fatigue see a certain somebody like so so many times, And I did initially feel that when I started watching this movie. But they're so good again that you become part of the film, Like I think that's that's the type of movies I love, Like we're lost in that world. You come out of it and you're debating with the boy like I just don't know why the dragon and you're talking like you're debating about fucking dragons what I'm saying, Like it's like, oh fuck, dragons are even Really, that's why I wanted to do a Bible story. Christopher Nolans like so good at bringing ship to life and making it feel like I don't know, it was just it's very awesome film, great acting.
Speaker 1: I'm glad I like told Booner what it was about going into it, because I didn't want him to expect it to be like Troy, Like it's not. You know, the Odyssey isn't the tale of the Battle of Troy. It's the tale of Disseus returning home from the Battle of Troy. Yeah, so it's and that's what like all of the different gods that were incorporated.
Speaker 4: It was done so well.
Speaker 2: I found a tweet.
Speaker 1: Athena or zindeas Athena she only thought she has like she says, like three things throughout the whole movie.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm glad this like turned out to be so good because this is quite literally one of the greatest stories mankind has ever written. Yeah, history home so they yeah, they have to, like, you got to get this right, and that's why I want to pull it off. Like that makes me happy.
Speaker 4: I had no doubt at all.
Speaker 2: The people were like, no spoilers, no spoilers, the stories three thousand years old. Yeah they missed the boat on that What do you mean spoilers? Broll you learned about in school most likely.
Speaker 1: And Agamemnon, dude, he looked so fucking sick the whole movie. He's our farming.
Speaker 2: People are showing him the Roman Darth Vader. Yeah, she was tough.
Speaker 3: I found that tweet says the third act of the Odyssey being like, well, it was like snorting thirty lines of narrative payoff cocaine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was all the stories unraveling and climaxing at the same time, it was fucking like an orgy.
Speaker 3: I will say him to your bow wow before huh. Same to your battles before the movie. Yeah, even girls in there. Just it's a long one.
Speaker 4: You want to stay, you want to stay, you don't want to get up.
Speaker 8: No skippable part, no skippable parts.
Speaker 2: They're just I don't know, man.
Speaker 3: It was funny stories in the story, so many good actors, and with a tied the I can't say that part of that part would be a spoiler. I think that's a No. One addition of it.
Speaker 1: I went into this movie with extremely high expectations and it beat them.
Speaker 3: It's like a I appreciate too, just because like a lot of big budget films took a hit, a credibility hit. I feel like this year, with the success of Obsession. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, a lot a lot of those big budget films like they're wasting all this money not making ship with it.
Speaker 2: Christopher Nolans Will watched this.
Speaker 4: Another one delivered.
Speaker 8: So is the last time a movie has made you feel like this? Like That's something that I'm trying to like ther mustache.
Speaker 2: It's tough because because I hear.
Speaker 4: It's one of the best movies I've ever seen in theaters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'd say like experience watching it, cinematography, We watched it on the Imax screen.
Speaker 2: It's a tough comparison. There's so much in this film.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I said that, I mean, there's genuinely like one, two, three acts, you know what I'm saying. That's for every film like this one that you feel it. I'm saying, you can feel it segmented and.
Speaker 1: Like it's kind of a copy like Interstellar you see in theater like that was I mean I saw after Yeah, that shit's fucking you know, surprise Christopher Nolan.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but like The Martian was, Martian's really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't seen that.
Speaker 8: The only thing about The Martian I think like the end of the second act into the third act kind of dragged on. But other than that, like.
Speaker 1: It was really Ray Guitardo's says Woodbard Movies last one episode, Grand Opening, Grand Closing. Actually we're double digit episodes and there's one coming out tonight Woodward Cinema.
Speaker 2: What doing so? Nick Ray the name right, don't you know?
Speaker 3: You could say not want fucking with overd cinema, because there's way when.
Speaker 1: Thes just talking ship she on a Friday.
Speaker 2: Great film. I recommend seeing it. It's one you have to go see in theater.
Speaker 1: It's it's a must watch movie.
Speaker 3: If I preferably Imax, if you can, but if if not, I understand it. How do you feel about that? By the way, I mean, I get getting the electra bit of screen. Yeah, I'm mad at it.
Speaker 2: I got it. Do I need it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I liked it. I would watch it in Imax. I think the Troy Battle will definitely full screen gave that justice because you see ship I'm saying fall and like all the all the shots with like the oceans and stuff too.
Speaker 2: And I don't want to actually they were actually Julian might be people don't know the story.
Speaker 1: Gramma says, I fell asleep during Interstellar, boring, Well, did he see it in theater?
Speaker 4: I mean that's why I go see shit in theater? I hope not.
Speaker 8: Either way, I was a little young when that came out, so I'm not gonna lie I did. But then I rewatched it like a year ago and it's fucking awesome.
Speaker 3: So there's one thing I'll say about this movie, and I think it just Imax movies in general. Sometimes it's it's loud as fuck. Yeah, although the one I know it was meant to be that way, you know which one, the one that creeped us out, was kind of creepy.
Speaker 4: A couple of scenes I want to you know, But by.
Speaker 2: This I mention movie in general.
Speaker 8: You think I've had a couple of experiences where like the movie is just loud.
Speaker 2: For Yeah. I don't know if I was autistic, but I want to be like.
Speaker 8: Multice multi cord for sure.
Speaker 1: I got I got one o his popcorn less. Yeah, looked at me like right before the movie started.
Speaker 8: No, he looked.
Speaker 1: His hands were just I put way too much butter on my popcorn and his fingers were like dripping with butter. I'm a dry guy.
Speaker 2: I just love him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in other ways to confirm dry jerker too too far, I just love him. Buddha Sterto boomer ship like that. It's like it's classic Booner. I love you, bo fucking man. But the honesty is why today's thumb nails. Dan Campbell trying to journey back to the fucking super.
Speaker 1: Bowl and like listen, if you're totally against it because of the wokeness whatever, don't let that affect you because it's it's great. It's a fantastic movie. They're barely even in the movie, so trust me, Like, you're not gonna you're not getting full frontal from Elliott Page the whole movie, Like, don't worry about it, man, Yeah, bullshit, no, it was. It was a fantastic movie, genuinely, Like, don't let what you've seen online that hasn't even been true.
Speaker 4: Stop you from seeing the movie because it was fantastic.
Speaker 3: Like I even I don't remind about that shit too, is like, if the story is good, you're not even realizing or pay attention to that shit.
Speaker 4: You're just in the shirt.
Speaker 2: You're just watching the story play it like unfold.
Speaker 1: And I'm like a big Greek, Roman, Norse mythology kind of guy. So that's right up.
Speaker 4: The Christopher Nolan obviously one of the best of all time, but I highly recommend it.
Speaker 2: I don't I didn't remember the Second Island. I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I didn't remember that from the book and the Lotus stuff they changed too, but I got with it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what they did with that shout to Labertini, shout Heavyweights Chat crew on a Friday.
Speaker 3: Shout at Labortini, Shout Labertini, We'll give him respects, right, you know. Shouts to Christopher Nolan. All everyone in that movie, Elliott Page, great actors.
Speaker 1: Guy.
Speaker 4: George Bush.
Speaker 2: I was unfamiliar with his game. I've seen him before.
Speaker 1: George is a real one at like what do you call it?
Speaker 2: Inaugurations, Him and Obama like chatted up, like they're like boys, like, you know, like fucking he's a.
Speaker 1: He's a dude. Dude, George is a bro. Yeah, owned the Rangers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's did I thought it was dad.
Speaker 1: No, well his dad owned it. And then when yeah, George, w h we're both George, Yeah, we both for the reported. We did the book report on him.
Speaker 3: You got that video Chris so following the Detroit Pistons championship. Yeah, I like to say that this episode, Uh, they went and visited the White as people traditionally do. Nowadays, people get attacked online if you do it. Whatever, it's just it's what It's what people did back in the day. And uh, she walls game of DAP.
Speaker 2: This is how George.
Speaker 7: Watch you.
Speaker 5: Clean no hesitation one time.
Speaker 1: You know she chain lewis.
Speaker 5: No hesitation on it either.
Speaker 2: See Dom you need to learn. You take a lesson from that. Yeah, go watch it, dont be figured it out? Does this and it goes like the handshake.
Speaker 3: That's like a a s U thing or what business casually says. You gotta watch the George Bush. You gotta you guys gotta fish.
Speaker 8: A dap on a you know what I'm saying, you gotta Yeah, we gotta work on that. That's I don't want to say YouTube. Yeah, I didn't want to say anything, but I noticed it. I didn't want to put my guy on blast.
Speaker 2: Come come here real quick.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, see yeah, just come, don't say anything, Just do it dap and we'll let the chat judge it.
Speaker 8: No, why are you going for the handshake because it's not that, but that's what you're doing with that, right, there's a handshake.
Speaker 9: See I do I've done both.
Speaker 10: I've done both.
Speaker 1: Nobody does the other one?
Speaker 8: There there you go.
Speaker 1: No, not a snapper.
Speaker 2: I think there's I think there's a better answer. Does a seven mile? Nobody's doing seven mile? Every black person? Seven mile? Answer?
Speaker 1: You got QUI mile to everybody broke that ship is so funny to me, seven Mile, I love answer. You grew up on thirty two Miles K used to call seven Mile ray g Tardo suspending. Would you consider yourself a white history movie buff?
Speaker 3: What's a white history a white I know the white history movie buff?
Speaker 1: Is were always good guys?
Speaker 8: Or just because I enjoyed it doesn't mean you gotta it's a good movie. Damn good movie.
Speaker 2: We love you, domb we compared you. You know, were pay your proper death.
Speaker 4: I think there's two acceptable depths.
Speaker 1: It's the boom to boom and then just the straight boom. Yes, that's the one I hit with my boys all the time. Just a good old fashioned you could do. I did a little, Actually I did the lecture.
Speaker 10: I think on you.
Speaker 4: You can do the cup to get.
Speaker 2: No you didn't, Okay, you can do the cup to get.
Speaker 1: You're worried about sucking up a handshake.
Speaker 2: Spine's boys got a sneaker handshake. They do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there's two different ones. Yeah, Darius does. Darius made one up.
Speaker 8: There's the biker shake. To me one time we were sucking up. Then yeah, it's just him, Darius, the biker shake. It starts as a handshake, but then it's like this part of the DAP and then you know, hook.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's what Dom's doing. Maybe Dom's a biker gang.
Speaker 8: Yeah, what I'm see. What I'm seeing, It's an important question.
Speaker 2: I might have to jump on playing.
Speaker 5: It is jayally crazy though, how Lebron has like DAPs with everybody Ever.
Speaker 4: Eight years later, he's got them for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, would he be fair though he didn't have to like school, shout out to like all that room that we did for school, all the learning with his das and the first like yeah, yeah, yeah, Lebron knows about the sideclops of the odyssey.
Speaker 8: That's it, he shout out, big prolog guy.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Speaking of basketball, we've got the Detroit Pistons beat writer and beat reporter for the Network fresh off of the summer league. He's about to hop on and break down what he saw out of the Pistons. But we're gonna go to break first and we'll come back. We got kool aid in the house. Let me tell you about playing fitness Planing Fitness the home of the judgment free zone, where anybody, anybody, you can get a full body workout in thirty minutes and all memberships include fitness training. You get a full body workout in thirty minutes, and make sure you tap in in club or online. Upgrade the black car. Get use of every Planet Fitness in the world joining club or online Planetfinness dot Com.
Speaker 6: The hunting season is almost to here, Detroits and your Lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff Touchdowns com and Roth First Downs, Penny Pancakes, Kirby Picks, Gibb's Big Plays, and of course Jack Fox's.
Speaker 7: Leg yes day.
Speaker 6: Locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network Sports.
Speaker 11: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month?
Speaker 2: How do they like working out in the clean and spacious gym that's filled with equipment for every workout?
Speaker 11: And how about free fitness training in the judgment free zone that leaves and feeling energize all day long. Joint Planet Fitness Today with the free pf app online, in club and start getting that big business energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 6: Jimmy and Gibbs breakout season.
Speaker 2: Bloating five gips to the touchdown.
Speaker 6: Woodward Sports the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 1: All Day IPA from Founders Brewing Company. Make sure you check it out at an art and Jake's near you on Monday, Wednesday and Sunday.
Speaker 2: You can get five dollars shorts.
Speaker 1: So go check out All Day I PA at a Founder's Brewing Cup from Founders Brewing Company at an Art and Jakes near you.
Speaker 8: What up?
Speaker 3: Go and welcome to whatever It's live more easy to join by smidmoll Rex, Young Chris and of course the one the only beat reporter for Woodward Sports Detroit Pistons, Brandon den aka Detroit kool A joined the show.
Speaker 5: What it Up though?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: What up?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 12: Hey, it's always good to be in a building with the heavy waits and uh went all with Vegas right to politic talk to people cover these pistons and what do you think found me out there?
Speaker 9: People looking for the heavyweight?
Speaker 1: Shout out?
Speaker 9: We got that clip too, shout out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we played it yesterday. Yeah, we played night.
Speaker 1: What's so was his name?
Speaker 12: Jamo or shout south. We got another one too, We got another one. He bro, you gotta watch this one all with you. It's probably the one y'all played, but there's a it's a little ending clipped off.
Speaker 2: Christopher Nolan version he's directed. Cut Listen.
Speaker 9: He is giving his love to Spinney in the Heavyweight Damn hell yeah, here we go.
Speaker 5: I'm a Pistol fan all the way.
Speaker 2: Sports Maybee. You know, we got Detroit in the building, the Pistons doing great.
Speaker 1: What's going back? We are here, man, the little crew at we're sports man. I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 2: Man, Spinney, what's up?
Speaker 8: What up?
Speaker 1: Go right?
Speaker 2: We know about y'all out here in Vegas, Babe.
Speaker 3: That's what we do, man doors maybe sports all day, maybe spin Mot.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 7: Man, everybody looking for spin Mot wracks.
Speaker 1: Man, and I don't see you.
Speaker 4: You know what, come out here, man.
Speaker 9: We don't bring the heavys out here next time.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, dude, that's my guy.
Speaker 2: Shout out man.
Speaker 1: That's all. That's real love right there.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: We three straight times we were looking where I don't know what we were looking for. We asked employees for something. We're looking for food, yes, food, no ship, yeah yeah, funny. It's not like we were every time sorry, fat asked, I like your.
Speaker 1: Show pretty much. Hey is any of this open? Sorry, Fatty?
Speaker 2: Great show though, Yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was kind. It was also cool too. It was with World War two point zero owner Joey name at the time. Yeah, it's like new company turnover you with the big Boss, and was like, oh like.
Speaker 1: Your s Yeah, yeah, we got in Vegas. Shout out, dude, that's dope. Shout out to him. Appreciate that. That's real love, That is dope. How how how else was Vegas? I mean, what other stuff did you get to do outside of the Pistons before we dive into the pistons.
Speaker 9: You definitely got to put, you know, boots on the ground with the Vegas strip, got over to the Bolagio, had to take in the little water show.
Speaker 12: They got other stuff as well. You know what I'm saying. Shout out to my guy Anthony Blino. He called me and I told him I would drop at least one Treasure Island reference on the show today. I told him that, you know, Corey, he could be a treasure so ab tap into the heavyweights man, shout Treasure Island.
Speaker 9: Listen. He told me it was like, go check out.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 12: I didn't get a chance to get over there, but yeah, he told me it's pretty wild. He said he's lost a lot of money over there.
Speaker 1: That makes sense a lot of it.
Speaker 9: But it was fire man, just kind of being in the city.
Speaker 2: This time.
Speaker 12: They made it like basketball centric because the Nike E y b L Tournament was there as well. Shout out to Speedy and the family Legendary AAU team from here there out there.
Speaker 4: So it was this basketball haven.
Speaker 12: If you love hoops, you're gonna be able to get somebody's autograph or be able to see some type of kind of dope hoops. People working out gyms all over the city. Max Crosby, Crosby, the different celebrities that were there this year a little bit more than I've seen in my four years going to summer leagues.
Speaker 1: That's dope. That's so dope. It's the NBA. That's the na does.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: They build up these events like that. They make it like All Star weekend.
Speaker 1: It's a weekend you know, where it's everybody out there, and Summer League is turning into that as well.
Speaker 12: But the coolest thing is that there were Pistons fans and wool were sports fans even outside of the arena, So out on the Dagga Strip to run into a couple of people.
Speaker 9: Who kind of look and look again like oh it's not yeah, bro, I was just watching your stuff or oh will were like, you know, wearing the label that type of stuff. It hits home.
Speaker 12: Like the video I showed you guys, that's one of like ten clips I have of people just randomly whether it's in the arena or out and about saying what up, dough.
Speaker 9: And I think that that, to me was what hit home the most.
Speaker 12: I went out there to handle Woodward sports business, but it was almost as if they told us, y'all are already handling your business, Kyle.
Speaker 2: It was that sure is a blessed.
Speaker 3: One last thing I'll say in that is like even today got to take Bryson out to Calvin Johnson's camp, but it was for free here courtesy because like shout Corey Chiles, because Woover Sports shout out, you know, give us opportunity, and we keep going to those and yeah, we'll come play for the jam on one though, but you know, we move, we move.
Speaker 2: Speaking of moving, how'd you feel about the.
Speaker 12: Rookie I was I gotta be honest with y'all, was shocked at how much the level of physicality changed or affected his play, his ability to finish that threamed things that nature. But I guess the size is something that's going to play some type of role. Not from a height standpoint, but he's gonna have to get that man.
Speaker 9: Weighed on him.
Speaker 12: But other than that, you could tell smart dude processes still found ways to be very, very effective. I know people were looking at the twenty seven points per game, but I like the fact that once they took that away from him, it didn't make him useless on the court. He found ways to still go out there and try and at least mix it up on defense, facilitate hit the shooters, and things that nature. So from a standpoint of what his role will be on the pistons, I am encouraged, But in terms of what I thought he could do right away, he has a little bit more work to put in to make sure that he can kind of you know, bang with the physicality of the NBA.
Speaker 3: What was your expectation of playtime going in for him, Like you have him off the bench going into the summer league, and did anything change from there, I had.
Speaker 9: Him coming off the bench going in the Summer League. You know what I believe is this.
Speaker 12: I thought he had an opportunity right away to stake a claim to be better than even Ron Holland or Danis Jenkins, no disrespect to them, but in just terms of the type of prospect that he represents, I thought he had that claim. And what you see in Summer League is like, okay, you see it up top, Like where those things broke down for Ron Holland in the playoffs, they had to go in DMPM when those things broke down for in terms of scoring for you know, a book of core at least. And this is a summer league, this is not the NBA, so we temper these things, you know. But he's still found ways to be effective. And I think that when you look at how this roster is made up, you know the fact that there's no longer a situation where your first round picks have to be the guys, I think it puts them in a good position next to Kay full of shooters to be able to come out here and have a similar impact to Dennis and Ron Holland, maybe even a little bit better because of his ability to finish with that six to eight wingsman.
Speaker 1: What about the other rookie young guna like we you know, don't really know what to expect from him. Obviously some kind of I want to say, kind of high upside with his defensive prowess and I think a shot looks pretty good.
Speaker 4: Obviously still got to get some work, but.
Speaker 1: A less crammed front court for the Pistons this year. What do you what did you see out of him? And do you think he's going to start to start the year with the team or is he going to be G League?
Speaker 9: You know what, part of me feels like it might be a G League thing just to start the year.
Speaker 12: I agree with you guys in terms of his ability to the potential in the paint, especially when you talk about losing a stool, you're losing probably your best protector and your best paint protector, no matter what the size was. You hope that that's Durant stepping into that this year would a gonna unyss So it's like, you know, you we had hopes, but realistically he was a late second round draft pick. He's a specialist type of guy. So when you think about like Chas Lanier. He's a specialist.
Speaker 9: Those guys have to be really, really, really good at their roles.
Speaker 12: To be able to crack rotations in the NBA considering their draft slot, and so he has the potential. But in terms of you talk about with Abuka, not I haven't changed anything. There's I don't know what guards on this team are stopping him or blocking him right now. If he goes and he puts in that work over the next couple months, he'll be fine from a physicality standpoint. But on YESU, that's one where I can see he might not get the time that. You know, maybe we thought going into summer League, I thought, hey, maybe he can come out here and find a way to ten twelve, thirteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Probably not right now, and real quick before we get too far away from it. Ray Gatato's in there says, I don't want him banging, I want him flopping, talking about a quarry, and I think he's saying it, you know, kind of jokingly but also means that I do too. Like what about his potential ability to draw contact. We saw him hit a couple and ones getting in the lane, and the Pistons haven't really had a guy that has that in the in his back and could you see that being part of his game.
Speaker 9: You know, that's crazy to say, because as much as we know k to be good and probably deserves that whistle, he doesn't have the bag to necessarily go out there and draw the files. So we see some of the others do with a quarry though. That was one of the questions I actually got to ask coach Causey MotorCity Crews coach and Summerleage coach about that, and it was about, you know, you see this in between game.
Speaker 12: It wasn't working from in the first half and he was shooting floaters against the Suns. Second half, you saw him actually using that six a wing span to get all the way into the paint contort way he has to and pick up the files. That to me is a skill set that will translate right away. I did get to ask him about that. You know, what skill sets you think will translate. He thought his speed will be able to help, you know, help him be able to get into free space and take better advantage of his ability to set players up.
Speaker 9: But I'm sitting here looking like dog.
Speaker 12: You think about the space that people like Dannis Jenkins and Ron Holland got that ball swings one, two three.
Speaker 9: Ron Holland was able to get that mug in just b line. Yeah, somebody like him.
Speaker 12: He has a knact to actually pick up files and ways we don't see like a lot of these players on the squad do like literally be the reason why he got the pout. Not like okayk goes up strong finished. I mean like he's going up and starting on the right side of the rim as he's floating around. Yeah, brings that right hand back to the other side while he's on the left. There's nothing you could really do about that. So the six to two height, I didn't really see that being an issue except for in the mid range where he was thinking do I pull up or do I float it.
Speaker 9: I believe that he's.
Speaker 12: Gonna have the opportunity whence he kind of figures out the NBA game and the physicality, he's gonna be tough to stop when he gets downhill. Way way different players cerebrally when you talk about him versus like a Ron Holland.
Speaker 2: Yeah, skillful too.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The one thing he has to take thirteen point three thirteen three, thirteen point three points per game, So we've got an adage in the year one.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about that from summer league?
Speaker 12: I can actually see that being something he's doing in the second half of the season. I definitely believe that. In the first half, my main wondering worries because of his methodical pace. You saw him doing like probing more after that first game, looking and seeking the set up. So do I believe we'll see him probably hitting maybe three four five assists a game.
Speaker 9: I do in the first half of the season.
Speaker 12: I think he's gonna have those opportunities like we saw Dani's half. Yeah, but in terms of the scoring I'm not gonna take that away from him the first half as long as I'm gonna continue to hammer this the weight room.
Speaker 9: That's I put that in the article.
Speaker 12: That was like after the second game, I started asking like Chads and the coach about that, and then you started hearing some of the other medias talked about it.
Speaker 3: Him getting lost by screens, bodies. He's trying to fight his way through to making that exact stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, And when you look at him, you could tell this isn't a player who doesn't work out. It's just a player who he's still growing. You looked at Jalen Duran and what a lot of people say this year. Not only was did he grow and hype, but you could tell he kind of put on that man weight when people before us out, well he's just nineteen years old. Now you're looking at a twenty two year old who set out to Chris Patty the ball no over here.
Speaker 9: We called him black thor shout out board.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 9: That's how you entered the season.
Speaker 12: And you see how much it helped him, at least in a regular season of things. With abuk Ocrey going put in that work, he's gonna be okay. Like the skill sets there, the IQ was there. He just he looked like And I told this story to Jeff and him in the back. You know when I was when I went to try out for my college team or NCAAD two competition was crazy, but I was one hundred and sixty nine pounds.
Speaker 9: I couldn't do anything with the.
Speaker 12: Player that I worked out against. I can hit the open shot, so one three backed up, I could hit it. We went and in just three months. Shout out to my trainer EJ and basketball playet. Shout out to Lindsay Hunter out. That was when he had his twenty four to seven basketball clinic, going on agents, trainers everything. Uncle Lindsay got back, put on fifteen pounds of muscle, skill set, and actually, out of the five games we played, I was able to win one and you know what, hang with them And this was an upperclassman who you know what he's dunking from.
Speaker 9: Like just in front of the free throw line. So it's like you could see the difference instantly.
Speaker 1: In my coach.
Speaker 12: I thought I had failed in the first one. But he was like Nazi the IQ. I see this, He's trying to make the right playing. He just he getting toss My dad's face was like, like what happened? He was the man reco Michigan. But we went we put on that that work and it changed everything for me.
Speaker 8: At least.
Speaker 2: What Jordan had to do bad boys, that's what he's gonna have to do.
Speaker 9: That's that's it. Like I know some people they wanted to see him come out there and just tear it up.
Speaker 12: And I see, you know, made in the chat he says, look falling in car looked better and they did, you know, Rashier Flemings and there was a couple of others that were out there, Malik Thomas, where when you're looking at their style of playing, what they're able to do, it's like, you know what these guys are looking. They're looking like they might have been the picks that you want to take it for you're the Pistons. But when you start to understand the role, the no ego, the no nonsense, his ability with the six a wingspan to play defense similar to Tayshaun prince By not even to be all up all the way up on his players, the smarts, the fact that he wants to play.
Speaker 9: His role already.
Speaker 12: He was talking about like I'm trying to play the role now that I think I'm gonna play during the regular season. That type of stuff, to me, it makes me understand why Trajan Langdon made this type of a big hype for him, Like you, oh, he was wapping them up like the stuff you get to see kind of at these scenes. Some people say, why be a similarly because every agent, every owner, every front office personnel, every coach, even the regular players from your team, they're all there and you get certain access there that I don't even get necessarily here sometimes, so you're able to see interactions.
Speaker 9: You're able to have conversations with people.
Speaker 12: I was able to talk with Casey Trajan and some Platinum Equity people as well while I was there, and it was interesting to see his interactions with a Buko Curry and he was telling them like, look, bro, we're glad, We're glad to have you.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what.
Speaker 9: About to get in trouble.
Speaker 4: I want like a man.
Speaker 9: The buffs on and everything.
Speaker 12: I can tell you this, Kay Cuttingham has an or when he walks from gym is like Everybody's like, yo, that's Kay, that's Ky. Kids are running down to try and get the autograph and all that. It's fire to see.
Speaker 1: Kate is tied number one most. I want to smoke weed with Athlete and Detroit, him and Jamo.
Speaker 5: One in one. I will say, Kay, you're a better man than probably all of us in this abilding because if agents are there, I would have killed Duran's agent.
Speaker 9: I didn't. I didn't see him.
Speaker 5: I'm joking.
Speaker 1: I'm We did not promote violence in any way. We did not promote sexual gratification in any way. Everything we say and do is a communicant satirical format. Please don't sue us.
Speaker 9: Get that kind of damn Chris, that guy back, but you know what I said, But we'll talk about that though. Jayalen Duran signed the contract.
Speaker 12: Like you guys, the noise that I've heard from the network this whole week, I was in Vegas like punching the air man. I was so excited that everybody was saying that because early on I thought, if this has a chance to get there, it's gonna be the agent. And so that's kind of what I'm what kind I said, that's kind of what I'm here during and Trajan they good, They're good to go. Dwayne Casey talked about this a little bit on air as well. But that agent and you see who was the other players, Tart Easton and everybody believes like like holy overpay Like so yeah, that's what you're dealing with right now. Knows agents to have a certain amount of power.
Speaker 9: And if you're Jeling Duran and you know the team want me anyway, yeah, why wouldn't you just say, well.
Speaker 2: You know what home man too, just sign a damn deal man.
Speaker 9: But isn't this what we just went through with schoobl Yeah, still going People were saying that they want to be here.
Speaker 2: I get school though, schoop the best picture in baseball back to Ain't that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, come home, Let me took a disc, come home and earn that. You know what I'm saying, Like, you gotta you gotta earn that right to throw this fit.
Speaker 1: What about the sort that came out about Stu that, like, you know, the obviously them trading Isaiah Stewart now without making really a big splash move that okay, maybe you didn't really need to free up that kind of cap space. And obviously Isaiah Stewart's a pretty good player on your team, went healthy, but there was a port that he was aggressive or he was like yelling at staff of the Detroit Pistons. And during the playoff run, did you see that? And what are your thoughts on that game three?
Speaker 5: I think it was game three of our Game three of Orlando in Game seven of calvs. Pistons, which that one. I can't blame him, I mean everybody.
Speaker 2: But if you're sitting on the bitch watching Dura be awful, you know I'll be a little mad too. You know why we'll get this guy again?
Speaker 5: Well, what before I tossed the clute. What I read there in the report by Hunter Passion of the Athletic was that it was because Isaiah's Stuart's frustration was because he agreed to a lesser role during the regular season and so that he could be healthy for the playoffs. And we know he wasn't healthy, but he.
Speaker 2: Didn't look healthy.
Speaker 5: But because of that, he was just frustrated that he you know, spent he did everything right, and the cards still didn't break from and he was getting less minutes than ever.
Speaker 2: He wasn't healthy. Yeah, he might have been healthy to begin Yeah, something happened. Yeah, he definitely he had.
Speaker 9: A crazy run of blocks.
Speaker 12: Uh what we all believed, he's gonna get into the he's gonna make an all defensive team. And then he had one player, forget who was against and it looked like his knee almost hyper extended. But and that was the point where I realized he ain't gonna be the same. And yeah, it wasn't just that, like a player doesn't just flip right then and there you got to think about it that there's probably some writings on the wall moving up to that point too. I had already been telling people for the last couple of years there there's decisions that have to be made on Isaiah Stewart. Even with the contract that they gave him, with the specific contract he had, it became one of.
Speaker 9: The best deals in basketball.
Speaker 12: But you know, maybe a week or two before the trade actually happened, sat right over there, kind of to the left to where you are spending with Jeff and even had answer come in And one of the questions I asked Jeff right straight up was do you expect him to be on the roster before the season, and some things I had been hearing. I knew if I could go lay down all the money in the world, he ain't gonna be on this team. And so it's not just from two things that happened in the playoffs. Nobody makes that type of decision based off of a player who is that good. This is about culture completely and when you are no longer synonymous with the truest identity of this team, which isn't just fighting, it's not just toughness and strength, it's also about supporting the team, like goals, the team, playing the voice. Kay Cunningham, JB. Bickerstaff. You think about it, how does it. Look now when you look behind the veil and you realize, wait, we also saw sar.
Speaker 9: Thompson doing these things you can't have.
Speaker 12: And that's what I'm saying. This is not a two play two game thing. This is something where it's like before when JB's asked about these things. You know, brothers fight, oh family, and you just brush it off because you think these are all hot tempered people. But clearly this was a situation to where they believed it was going to stunt what this team could do moving forward. So that's crazy to think because Stu was synonymous with heart and soul of the Pistons, even if you don't start, he is the identity of the Pistons. I think that they're making a big play to really push all the card gen behind Kate, not just being a star, but also being their identity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry to Yes they should, Yeah, yes they should.
Speaker 1: That mean like why not?
Speaker 12: This is the one thing where I'm like, you know what if you're trasing and you don't take the big swing and you don't gut your team to be able to get that superstar player in here, which I still think they need a number two. I still thought it was worth sacrificing one of those players. At least you believe in your people and you're doing necessary to back them up. I'm not sorry about the shooting that they put around k Now, like when you take a step back and you look, you're like, oh, snap, this is kind of nice.
Speaker 9: I'm happy that they got another ballhand on the draft.
Speaker 12: We see what Danis was able to do, and honestly, I loved off ball cave minutes in the playoffs. So it's like if Trader's looking at that saying, DoD we got affing dog who's top three in the MVP. I know he finished the top five, and I think he's the top three player in the NBA. Whethern that changes things now, you don't just acquiesce and about down to everything that everybody else wants. Because this is what I know Kate would have had to have been in those conversations. Not that he's the one that gets to make the ultimate decision, but Kid is going to be the person to sit there and say, you know what, I don't think that guy's right follow this straight up. And so that to me shows more of a belief on how impactful they believe k Cunningham will be in this next year. There are players good enough with a decent enough team around them to be able to elevate.
Speaker 9: We've seen Yannis do this, We've seen Joker do this. So they're telling you that they believe kay cunning him is this guy. They've been saying this since his rookie year, the stat packs that they send out and what are alls.
Speaker 12: To hell he's up here with just these types of players. They've been doing this from the beginning and telling us right now, we believe Kate is one of those guys.
Speaker 9: You took him number one, and I get it. For us, it's it's it's sometimes it's sheepish, like can we really believe all the way like that, Like I'm okay with just knowing we got us an All NBA first seamer. From what I'm hearing and believing, they think they got the guy, Like how we knew what Great Hill was when he got They.
Speaker 2: Believe they got the guy.
Speaker 12: So when you look at it changes the whole perspective and landscape with how I look at their free agency. They believe like we got it already, and it's like, you know, what if Kate is what we originally thought he was gonna be in the beginning.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't think that they necessarily took a step back this year at all.
Speaker 1: My dad's on that time too. My dad, like, I mean, obviously he talks about how he wants a number two as well. Stude, Like, you know, I talked to him about I like told him about the Kevin Durant stuff. He's like, no way, like you got super excited for He.
Speaker 2: Loves KD.
Speaker 1: But uh, he likes like every time I talk to him, he's like, you know, this is a sixty win team last year. You still got the three most important pieces of that. When you you know, once during steel gets done and you added more shooting, you got younger, and you got more athletic. He's like, it sounds like a good offseason to me. I mean when you put it like that, you know, I know we were all expecting the the guy to really and you see everything going on around you where people are getting the guy. But you got younger, you got better, you know, defensively on the wing, for sure, they got a lot more shooting.
Speaker 3: Is people feel like almost in the twenty twenty three Detroit Lions like, okay, we got the base of it.
Speaker 2: Something that can be a champions Yeah, why don't we.
Speaker 12: Bring that a little bit, you know, ch which I can't be mad at, not even sprinkled are like, I get it, though, I get it. Like we've we've been sitting here waiting for the number two rounds. They've total the organization underneath, multiple coaches trying to get out, and multiple.
Speaker 9: Gms have told us they're trying to do this.
Speaker 12: So now what they're telling us is they do believe at the scene the Knicks win a championship, a team that they believe that they can compete with. They're looking at us saying, you know what, well, what did they do that was so out? I'm like, look, they pushed in the chips.
Speaker 9: Whether it was for the.
Speaker 12: Superstar level players or not, they did push in their chips. And did they stop at Michel Bridges, No, they didn't. Went out and got Carl Anthony Towns as well. Now the Pistons are looking at their team. Are you seeing players not necessarily that fit the same play style, but the same arc in terms of impact. Can Jalen durn impact the game or have a contribution level that's similar to the way that kar Anthony Towns impacted the game, not that Jerons gonna be shooting threes, but can't you have an impact on the game greater than what we just saw? And then Lasar Thompson when you look at kind of Michel Bridges and you look at og Nnob, can Osar get to those levels? Because before this championship, there weren't too many people saying oj Nnoby was gonna be what he is, And so that's where it's like, if you believe in these young guys and you think they will.
Speaker 9: Take the next step.
Speaker 2: In Toronto.
Speaker 9: Went like if Brunton wasn't insane, like he could have been like up for finals MVP.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's shooting like three crazy, But we do gotta go to break one more pissons, say, can we steal you for one more piston thing?
Speaker 2: We'll come back, all.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, we're gonna come back. We got kool aid, we got one more pisson topic and then we will get to the Lions. We do have some news about, you know, potentially Jamior Gibbs, what's going on there. Obviously he's got a contract coming up, and a former NFL offensive lineman had something to say about that.
Speaker 3: But first still y'all though, Yeah, y'all buddies, Yeah, y'all though, I Center. If you guys are excited to see Abuka Corp. You might need to get your eyes checked out. Luckily for you, I know just a place. It's a Yaaldo I Center. They've been here in Michigan for over thirty years, over one hundred thousand operations in their back pocket to get you in and out within eight minutes of most patients are seeing twenty twenty the very next day. Right now, they're running Summer Times special for just sixteen ninety nine. That's a Jared Golf and the Aaron Downald. Get your eyes hooked up, save money into Contact Linden, save my your glasses one time maybe sixteen hunt of nine to get your eyes fixed at the y'all doiycenter dot com slash sixteen ninety nine.
Speaker 5: And let me tell you about Buddy's Pizza, home of the original Detroit style pizza. They've been doing it for eighty years. They got more than pizza.
Speaker 2: You've seen it.
Speaker 5: They got bread six, they got they got meatballs, they got wings, they got salads. They got it all and you can save ten percent on it all with the promo code ten meal. That's ten meal at Buddiespizza dot Com. Check it out for more.
Speaker 6: Detroit Tigers coverage. Make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube.
Speaker 7: Old Tigers all the time for.
Speaker 6: The hardcore Detroit sports fans who can't get enough for the Motorcities teams. All season long, you'll get non stop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 13: Some days call for light, others lean bold, what about everything in between?
Speaker 10: All day the.
Speaker 13: Easy choice for every day citrusy chrisp refreshing flavor. You can float with light on the hops, big on refreshment.
Speaker 14: One's great, two even better. Brood with you and money, No shortcuts, no fuss, big on flavor, never too much, All day ipa.
Speaker 13: Hop into easy.
Speaker 15: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we do have a.
Speaker 7: Guy named Darren McCarty on our side.
Speaker 2: Woodward Sports.
Speaker 3: Icon Auto We're excited to welcome to the wolver Sports family. If you've been in an accident or vehicle needs repair, make sure you trust the team at Icon Auto Repair and Collision with three convenient Metro Detroit locations, mads and Heights, Shelby Thompson Pontiac.
Speaker 2: They've always got you covered.
Speaker 3: They offer free car loners and even pay your dog Bob visit Icon Auto dot com.
Speaker 2: That's the icon you count on. It's Icon dot Com.
Speaker 5: He let me tell you about Supreme Lending call Chatting Chris, Guys, these are the best in the home buying business. So if you're looking to get a home you get zero percent doubt payment program. You'll get five hundred dollars off your apraisal just by mentioning Willward Sports. And not only that, they have a ninety seven percent customer satisfaction and then ninety nine percent calls on time. They don't waste your time, they save you money. Why wouldn't you call the boys a Supreme Lending? Check it out?
Speaker 2: Check it out? What if't welcome back to it? Rates live? Which worts dot com action?
Speaker 3: Chris, we got Detroit Pissons beat Reporter Detroit kool aid and the shout out. And I want to pick his brandon about this because you've shared a little bit of sense within there that you are you welcoming to another guy on the team maybe number two. Could that number two be DeMar DeRose. It's rumored by mark Stein that the Detroit Pistons are interesting.
Speaker 1: It said the Detroit Pistons are like interested in having thoughts about maybe bringing in tomorrow Christmas.
Speaker 5: Look, I mean, look, I'm saying to be a trading locked in this summer, Isaiah Joe John Collins Demarth Rosen.
Speaker 1: Reported Tristan or Trajan Langdon might be thinking about almost thinking about.
Speaker 3: Demortin this how reads, the Pistons are evaluating a pursuit of Demarga rozen in free agency.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Didn't I'll be I don't love it. I don't love it to begin with. You know how I am about kid spacing, shooting. Those are all things I'd like around him. The one way I could be sold in de Mar de Rosen. This is Chris's argument always do is him off the bench being that scoring push for you? And maybe a Corey's not ready for that makes sense. He's on nineteen, only one year out of high school. Could DeMar de Rosan be that for you? Is he ready even be a six man?
Speaker 9: I think I do believe he's ready to be a six man.
Speaker 12: I also could see a world where he starts uh and and maybe is one of the first subb doubt and then brought right back in to play a six man type of a role. If he was here, I I don't expect him to be the two the number two player, you know, I like three four years ago when it was like, hey bring him in because he was one of your top isle scorers in the league. Like then, yeah, there was opportunity for him to come here and be like you're number one, except for the fact that that was a space reserved for k Cunnyham.
Speaker 9: But when you talk about his skill set, he still is a really good ile scorer.
Speaker 12: Used to be fifty percent from two point range in those opportunities, which is insane. So if you could bottle him up during those times where it's just absolutely lows during the offense, Caid's getting his rest and the offense generally reverts to a free for all instead of it just being Danis Jenkins running around trying to figure out lay up, three pointer or step back or what. I would rather be a DeMar DeRozan who knows like he's a one on one player. He gets the ball and you don't bring a double team. It's like for him, it's like it's the throwing a rock into the ocean, and so I do I can see. I can see a lot of potential in this. They're always going to be linked to him just because of his relationship with Dwayne Casey. That door is always gonna be open for the right type of deals. Yeah, And I know in the past their flirtations with them was because of that relationship being open. There was a time when Tomorrow might not have even looked at Detroit one. It wasn't necessarily a good situation basketball wise, and the city people hadn't really gotten around to finding out how good it is.
Speaker 9: Now people know. Now you got the right people in place, you get the right organization, you're winning. People see to say, yeah, Damar's not driving out to the Palace anymore. I love the palace. But it's different when they're able to be right here in the city. And I've talked of Physney players they say it makes a difference. Do you understand. I talked to players, was like, bro, we didn't even know that, like Detroit looked like this. They're like, we've been going out to the palace thinking that was So I'm like dag like no, bro, You're like like like our north forty minutes north. So I don't know.
Speaker 12: I like Lamar DeRozan. If he has a specific role and comes here and knows that this is k Cunningham's team, I can see it working. But now as another version of him has to know that, I feel like, yeah, I feel like that's a given almost right, Like yeah.
Speaker 5: He absolutely knows his he absolutely knows where he's at if he wants to contend now, I yeah, just make my statement clear because sometimes things get misconstrued. I've always said to him, BA, I love him. I've always said from the jump that DeMar DeRozan, why wouldn't you pursue this guy if he reached a buyout or was waived by the Sacramento Kings, because you would be paying him a very very minimum price and he is and he is a good, a good player. I also don't think that he is going to choose the Detroit Pistons. I don't think that even if the Pistons were number one on it even I had them or had him right in their sights and they wanted to get him, and they aggressively thought about the idea of maybe going for him, even if that was very aggressive, I still don't think DeMar rozen will choose us. But here's the thing that here's the thing that makes me think that DeMar DeRozan would be a great fit here in Detroit is because one, yes, you need the other, you need the other ball handling him playmaking. He is not just an ISO score. He has been averaging over four assists every year of his career. He is a playmaker too. And on top of that, on top of that, he is a foul generating machine. And the Pistons were number three in the NBA last year in free throw attempts, and they weren't far from number one. They weren't far from number one. So this is a team that most or least most what. Yeah, the Pistons were drawing fouls every single they just weren't making them, but they were drawing fouls target target. So I want to I want to walk people through the scenario. The first quarter, Pistons physically imposer will on the team in the first seven to eight minutes, that team is that. That Pistons team is now in the bonus. Now Kid goes the bench for Rest, who is coming in DeMar DeRozan. A guy who draws five fouls a game, five free throw tempts a game like that is somebody that is an absolute weapon for the for the opposedston.
Speaker 9: I do know this because I was able to talk to the Settle of Vincells as well. I will share this. He's with Platinum Equdeye.
Speaker 12: Now, he was with the Free Press and when we did our first our first in studio draft show, he was the first guest that actually after shot. Phillips said that it came on the show and confirmed, so some of them. Is great to see his rise in this team too. Now he's Platinum Equity. You know, hitd of like communications or something, and he talked about the relationship between Dwayne Casey and Demarta Rose and he was like, look, he's like Demarta Rowsen does what Tomorrow Dosan wants to do. But when Casey told him, hey, look well I'm only want ten Iso plays all game from the team and Tomorrow you got seven or eight of them and that's it, he was like, Tomorrow would respect that and he wouldn't venture.
Speaker 2: Outside of it.
Speaker 12: Now you've seen Bulls, You've seen Tomorrow with Sacramento. He's been on other teams where he will overrun that like I don't give up. But with DeMar De Rose, but with Dwayne Casey, there was a certain aspect of respect between the two and he would actually play into that game plan.
Speaker 5: And again, he is not your number two. You're signing this guy for the VET minimum. He is just a he is just you could argue he might be your second best offensive player, but he is not your number He is not your fucking number two. You're sign up for the VET minimum. So this is a this is an absolute plus. This isn't This to me doesn't change the Pistons ceiling all that drastically. But it's a move that you make ten times out of ten because now you have you have good minutes at the at the four for forty eight minutes between John Collins and him or if you want to say, a sar as your four and he's your three. Whatever, but now you have you have just another absolute weapon off the bench, like why like why wouldn't you like Gary Harris stop you from getting Demartin Rosen Like no offense not you use him as Spurts.
Speaker 9: As a number one.
Speaker 2: You look at Atlanta Hawks.
Speaker 12: I was saying that the trade deadline CJ McCullum would have been a guy I would have loved to have.
Speaker 5: You absolutely, you look.
Speaker 12: At our fourth quarter wos You look at the Atlanta Hawks, the games they won, who was going off for them? They didn't need him to be the CJ McCullum of oh from back in the day for the whole game.
Speaker 9: They just needed those spurts.
Speaker 12: And so for the Martin Rosen, even if he's a six man, seven or eight, this gonna be sparts in the game where he is the sure fire number one scorer on that team, There's gonna be games. And Kate is just literally double team, triple team. You know, he's not gonna get a look.
Speaker 9: And when you look at the rest of his roster, is there anybody else in this roster you would say he's a sure fire better score than Demarta Rose.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 3: That's why I understand like, instead of banking on and hoping that a nineteen year old with one year outside of a high school can get it done for you, you bring a guy like Tomartin Rosan off the bench.
Speaker 2: You know can do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, the minimally Again, I'm stubborn motherfucker. I always hate demartin Rose's game.
Speaker 5: You guys wanted about Rosen.
Speaker 2: I got, we're in.
Speaker 1: We're in Kate Cunningham and Kevin Durant conversations like two weeks ago, and Chris just said, you're not gonna let Gary Harris from stop you getting DeMar De Rosen.
Speaker 5: Well, that that's awful. What I'm saying is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I know what's saying.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, how far are we falling?
Speaker 5: I don't think that's a I don't think that's a fall at. I think that I think it's a I think it's you don't think.
Speaker 1: It's a fall to go from talking about Kevin Durant to DeMar Derozeen and Gary Harris.
Speaker 5: Because I because I understand fully, Because no, because I under I'm gonna finish my point, because I understand fully that the pisses are going to pursue a number two when when one finally wants to tangle with Detroit like Trajan has shown the aggressiveness. This is not fixing that number two identity. This is just Hey, would you like a good player on your basketball team? Yes, sign me up. That's it. That's all this is.
Speaker 1: So I'm saying we were talking about getting Kevin Durant, Yes, and you just said our number two, our second best offensive player, is going to be DeMar DeRozan, And that is a huge fall from gress.
Speaker 9: And I've had to kind of change the word aggressive. I still believe he's cerebral.
Speaker 1: I want to, I want to.
Speaker 9: I want to see Trajan, like see his vision through. But aggressive, I feel like aggressive would be actually making the move, not just figuring out what it is. We thought that Brad Holmes was aggressive because we heard all Max Crosby or all he knocked on the door.
Speaker 16: I'm told him never is never gonna happen. I think Trasan's been aggressive. It we see he reportedly and on all these conversations just this two sides take the tangle, and he's told you that in the press the Nicks.
Speaker 9: Were aggressive with with with Michel Bridges. We haven't done that. So we've had aggressive conversation, but have we had aggressively.
Speaker 3: Which makes sense too though, right Like, I'm not trying to give away necessarily four to three first round picksure Trey Murphy.
Speaker 9: You know what I well, I don't know.
Speaker 12: Like, my thing is this, You have Kay Cunningham on this contract for four years now, and you're gonna sign Jana Durance.
Speaker 9: So you're starting your own clock. If you're sitting there telling me you're gonna fumble through this to try and figure out more of what you got through this contract, why would Kay and these other people say, you know what, this is what I'm here to support.
Speaker 12: I think they're ready to win. They came into this season saying the C word championships.
Speaker 9: That's what they were saying.
Speaker 3: And just I just I just feel understand, like from a prospect of if a KD does become available and I put all my chips in on Trey Murphy, I'm gonna fucking kick myself in the know what I'm saying that, Yeah, I get it and names like that, because I'm like that that capital, even less than that can get you a KD when it becomes available.
Speaker 12: I hope at the trade deadline that things like that become available. If you're talking about like the landscape and we know the scenes are gonna be available, yeah I would. I would definitely hold out, But you do I think the reason why they're going to probably wait and play the scene at the trade deadline because they already know what they can do out the gate.
Speaker 9: They already know these seen said. They came in talking to talk like we know.
Speaker 2: And the conversation and this team is in exchange.
Speaker 12: They did this with Jennen during they were having conversations with for year and a half. Yeah, they were for a year and a half, and when the time came, they were able to pull the trigger on a deal sent it around these some of the.
Speaker 9: Frameworks and conversations that I remember. Some people thought we were gonna trade with them at the trade deadline before and it just didn't come to play. And Rod Beard shout out to Rod Beard, now just see he told me he'say, like, just just wait, just wait.
Speaker 12: And then I remember when the Jamie Grant deal with down, he said, don't overreact, just wait. He had already kind of known what was going down. So they had structured things.
Speaker 9: For some time.
Speaker 12: And so I do wonder, you know, with this trade deadline coming up, and I know that there is some sense of urgency, I do wonder if that's what their play is right now, since everybody else wanted to be able to try to rake them over the coals. Like the deals I was hearing is that teams really really really wanted to take one of the corps not name K, but I heard like Jennen During and Sara Thompson were coming up in some of these other deals. It wasn't necessarily like Ron Holland and for a first round pick Ron Holland and four first I'm sorry, you gotta do the deal.
Speaker 9: That was not what the deals were. I promise you guys.
Speaker 12: Trajan's not sitting back rejecting those no matter how much he likes Ron Holland.
Speaker 9: He's not rejecting a sure fire number two for like three or four first round picks in Ron Holland.
Speaker 12: It's because teams are like being pissy right now, and Trajan talked about it.
Speaker 9: These teams don't want to help us. We heard how long that Trey Murphy was available?
Speaker 2: How long?
Speaker 9: And then after I heard we actually made a pretty decent offer. I don't know what it was. I heard we made a requisite offered. What did they come out with them say for Trey Murphy? What did the Pelicans come out?
Speaker 1: And says we think we.
Speaker 9: Led people on by saying that he was available.
Speaker 4: You said he was available period.
Speaker 2: My stomach hurt.
Speaker 1: I'm tired, real quick shot, he says, I don't care.
Speaker 3: I don't see how Trey Murphy is somehow magically a bonafid number two for championship continuing team with no accolades whatsoever.
Speaker 1: I don't think Trey Murphy is that guy either.
Speaker 3: But I think the argument in that, though, is you have Kate cnnym who upgrades and elevates everyone. Right, So I think Trey Murphy is what he's become around Kate conny.
Speaker 5: I just would like more shot creation that. I trust you.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 5: Like I think, I think Trey Murphy is a perfect piece to be a Detroit Piston. I don't think he's a a number two. I think he I think Look, I think if you got Trey Murphy for Ron Howard and the picks, say that was actually available and trade and that was able to happen, I think that you could. You could say the pisses have an outside chance of winning just because k K is that good, like you guys are saying. But that wouldn't give me the comfort of like, oh this is us, like we're here.
Speaker 1: Shout shout out to kool Aid. We appreciate you brother. Way to cross it at the Summer League. As always, our guy kool A the best in the game. Brandon dem makes sure you check out. I'm sure he's gonna have a bunch of articles coming out. Yeah, yeah, definitely Pistons.
Speaker 9: They tapped in with the website woobersports dot com. Not just me, but others are crushing it right now with the articles. Uncle t falalse got it's all a little kick in.
Speaker 12: The pants man, the Minnesota words Woober Pistons always say, but Woober sports man.
Speaker 9: You know, it's the flag that I represent. Uh, it's the homies, is the crew.
Speaker 12: I'm looking around at people who have been here for four or five freaking years from the beginning, and it really stuck dude some time. So it's like, this is what it's about. It's for that green flag and always rocking with the heavyweights.
Speaker 9: But I mean, who covered that? We covered that the best? Did I remember sitting.
Speaker 2: Next to all the same time. Yeah, Uh, that's that's kind of crazy. All right, it's gonna break but feist shot cool. It hows about mortgage?
Speaker 5: Let me let's do mad packs and our let's do mad packs, all right?
Speaker 1: Let me tell you about mad Packs. Go to get madpacks dot Com to find a store near you carrying the best product in the game. Hi Low Gummies two hundred milligram Live Rosen the hash Rozen Boom Shaka Laca two hundred milligram gummies. Make sure you go check those out.
Speaker 2: Go to getmadpacks dot com Mad Flavor mat High Matt Packs.
Speaker 6: The hunting season is almost to her Detroits and You're Lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, Common Row first downs, Penny Pancakes, Kirmy Picks, Gimm's big Plays, and of course Jack Fox's.
Speaker 2: Leg yes Day.
Speaker 6: Locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network Sports.
Speaker 1: You're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it in Detroit. And that's why I.
Speaker 2: Think it's cool.
Speaker 17: I think with opportunity, right, like you said, maybe you like to punch people in the face for real, and and you know you want to be a boxer and you have an option there. Maybe you don't like get punched in the face and you want to make you know you like the theatricals and the storylines, and if you have an avenue here, maybe you start at one and then want to change the other.
Speaker 10: I don't care. I just want you in the building and know that you have some place to go to explore that.
Speaker 17: Just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want to do it to the best of your ability?
Speaker 10: And you know it also to me, it all starts with the kids.
Speaker 6: A ton of fun, a ton of sports, and a ton of man Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweights Live.
Speaker 7: Daily wood Story.
Speaker 8: Let me tell you, guys about water Hazard. Founders has cooked up a absolute banger, guys. Water Hazard is the very first can of cocktail from Founders and it's fantastic. It's a vodka based five percent ABV that's citrusy, refreshing and gluten free. It's best served over ice with the slice of lemon preferably, and you can get five dollars cans at any Art and Jake's location in Michigan on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays. Guys, Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: What up the welcome bike to Whatever Weights Live?
Speaker 3: Which sports dot Com Easy to watch moraxio, Chris, you're Gordon Jones. If your name is Don Passella, though there are in screens in the YouTube bids, folders, clips, shout out, you know, just see your name is Don Percella.
Speaker 2: You have to be listening now, smash like button, be friends on a friend and share the street.
Speaker 3: Share it great. Detroit Pistons talk kul make sure you go rock with them as new articles. But we are here to talk about football. You saw the thumbnail, you saw the title. Jamior Gibbs rumor don't what you mean a face was going on?
Speaker 1: Kate Boo said, maybe if you're like Spencer and like donkey punches, it doesn't matter. Oh damn what donkey punch?
Speaker 2: What you ever experienced?
Speaker 8: Is that just like a Charlie? What's a donkey punk?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 2: You don't know?
Speaker 1: No, you can't say I don't think we could say that.
Speaker 2: I don't think we can say it.
Speaker 1: Google it. I'll tell you when you're older.
Speaker 2: Uh, google it.
Speaker 3: I just want to see your face out there. Actually, can't put the camera on going, we'll talk, but the camera on him is crazy?
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: Dante one fifty one with the super Chase, as was Trajan trying to get a Sar Thompson's brother to Detroit instead of k d because of the report that he was trying to get younger players off. No, I do not think he was trying to get Amon Thompson. That would not make any sense. I think, uh, I think he was.
Speaker 4: I don't think I think he was trying to get Kevin Duran.
Speaker 5: I don't think you look at last playoffs and you go, you know what, we need a less shooting. We need a less shooting on this team.
Speaker 3: I saw our boy TOAs bitching too about the KOs points of teams that want to help.
Speaker 2: I don't think his teams don't want to help us. I think it's they want too much.
Speaker 5: I think it's that they they're trying to play the card of we're desperate, we've never been here, and they're just they're just asking high. And I think that eventually the prices will come down. Every trade deadline, somebody big has been moved. We've seen at the last couple of deadlines. It's what the NBA wants. They want player movement, so people, good players will be available at the deadline for the Pistons to upgrade their team. We don't know who yet, but somebody will be available. So I think Trajan is smart to wait this out because Hunter Patterson said in the article that it was the asking prices felt too high exactly.
Speaker 3: Don't think anyone wants to help us. I don't think it's anything to do with it. I think it's asking prices too much, and I'm cool with that. I'm not trying to pay four to three first round pickchure Trey Murphy. I'm just not, especially when he's a question market the end.
Speaker 7: Of the day.
Speaker 5: And again, I think it just comes down to they probably look at the pisses. It's like, hey, you really want to make that move, don't you like? And they're just trying to They're trying to play on the pisses. Desperation and Trades is showing patients, so I think I'm I'm fine with it.
Speaker 4: And by the ways and Trades is showing patients a little bit, okay, Chris.
Speaker 1: And Creation and showing patients about these asians and persuasions and patients.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with their faces?
Speaker 1: They got food up on the places and always places, space ships going crazy.
Speaker 2: Oh dinosaurs from Croatis? All right?
Speaker 3: Moving on, Jamior Gibbs rumored to be holding possible hold the Detroit Lions training camp.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: This came from ninety seven one's Morning Show, John Jansen, John Janssen, John.
Speaker 1: Wolverine the inside former Lion offensive former offensive lineman for the Lions.
Speaker 2: I don't all do respect.
Speaker 3: The Jansen respected you when to play professionally, expected you when to play it at the collegiate level.
Speaker 2: The things I never do. You know, I've been expired to do those things.
Speaker 1: Couldn't do it.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I don't believe this, no disrespect of all due respect. I don't believe this for multiple fronts. If there was any type of contract disagreement, if anything. Brad Holmes pays people early.
Speaker 2: We see with Amaras Saint Brown, we see with Penny Suwel Kirby Jos. I mean, the list goes on and on and on. Brad Holmes right, cast that check early.
Speaker 3: The other part of it, too, is then why was Jamior Gibbs at the voluntarier workouts training and working out there was gonna be a hold out of camp. And the other thing too is they gave him, they put the option for next year. Next year would be the year you would.
Speaker 2: Hold out for a contract.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, with all due respect, I just don't I think this for Gazi Fugazi July seventeenth, we need something to talk about.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, That's what I'm going with.
Speaker 2: As well.
Speaker 1: You look at like they literally cleared the runway for Tier kIPS, like they traded David Montgomery.
Speaker 4: They are giving him the bell Coow duties.
Speaker 1: They're going to give him probably the biggest contract ever given to a running back in NFL history, Like he he is going to be for like a week and then Bijon will get it after him.
Speaker 4: But uh no, he's gonna be the highest paid back.
Speaker 1: In the week and he's gonna be a lion for a long time. So it makes I mean, like I get where Jansen's at with it, Like, yes, this is the time where things like that happen.
Speaker 4: It's a tough media cycle for us two brother Like, we get it, but you.
Speaker 3: Gave us one of our topics, so shut out to you shut out?
Speaker 2: He did bless everybody.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I would be surprised if they let it get to that point because I think both sides are in lockstep that Jamier Gibbs is gonna be the highest pay back in the league.
Speaker 3: Jamier Gibbs this year is gonna make five point six million according to over the Cap and the twenty twenty seven to fourteen point two with the option the Detroit Lions exercise with him as a you know, fift ye option first round pick. So it's like there's there's time before anything's done on either side. I don't think this would be the year you see a hold off from Jumior Gibbs. Now he said it as an inside source.
Speaker 4: It could be true.
Speaker 2: Egg on my face if so, I just don't believe Jamier Gibbs.
Speaker 3: That kind of guy. His best friend the team is. I'm ros Saint Brown. Saint Brown didn't hold out. He got paid early, and like you said to they cleared the runway for like you you are. He's the guy We're not gonna not pay you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna trade David Montgomery just to not pay Tam Gibbs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just, uh, that's just where I'm at with it. Jamiir Gibbs is gonna be Detroit Lion for a very long time.
Speaker 5: Do you think though, that with Brad Holmes you talked about paying plays early. Do you think that that trend changes now that this team has all the money tied up and we've seen them kind of, you know, trying to cut corners these this season especially.
Speaker 3: I don't think it does just because you're not they don't bring anybody else in off the market, So what are you what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Get done? Yeah? I try to say money in such a way.
Speaker 3: Were you able to bring in these like little flyer free agents to feel the positions of need.
Speaker 1: And they're doing these contracts like they're stacking. They're stacking them correctly, and they're they're going to do the same thing with Jamir Gibbs's And honestly, it makes sense to pay him more. Now, why would you wait for Bijeon to get paid. You pay Gibbs first, and then Atlanta has to pay Bijon more. If Bijon gets paid first, you have to pay Gibbs more. So just do it right now.
Speaker 2: The only one they ever jumped ahead of, and I felt like, olim, well, yeah.
Speaker 3: Put that one's injuries, I feel like more than anything else, But like Hutches was very very very very very very high and I think only Miles Garrett has matched it so far.
Speaker 2: I could be wrong. Maybe maybe Michael Parsons too.
Speaker 3: But when I'm Mara got paid, that shit got buried down in the highest paid wide receiver quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You got a discount save for Penny, Sools's like, get ahead of it, get the discount. Like like Spinny said, like you don't want to wait till Beijeon reset the market, then you gotta do it again.
Speaker 2: You're not trying. I'm not trying to do anything for sure.
Speaker 5: I don't think for the record, I'm not saying that this applies to the Gibbs situation specifically. I just think going forward, we've seen Brad Holmes now that he's he's it, he's deep enough in his regime where now he is extending uh, you know, multiple draft classes in terms of in terms of their contracts. I do think that not applying to Gibbs here because he's your superstar obviously, but go forward, I do think there is gonna be a little bit more wait and see when it comes to Brad Holmes about paying people and I and I think the the Alim and Kirby stuff probably was a lesson for him in that in that regard.
Speaker 1: To I think like, yeah, but this guy who you know that I don't see, No, no, no, I don't think they're gonna wait to pay any of the guys that they are actually worried about paying. Like when you look at Brian Branch, Jamier Gibbs and Sam Laporta, I think, uh, those guys are gonna get their bags.
Speaker 5: I could be wrong. I feel like Sam Laporta is gonna might be one of those wait and sees, or maybe he's like or maybe he's like the last he's like the last one before it's now wait and see.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 5: And also you can make the fair counterpoint to all of this and say that you know, well, who are you thinking about? You gotta lock up you know, from these later draft classes.
Speaker 2: Actually, so that's true.
Speaker 5: But I think that just generally, you know, the Brad came in with a pretty clean cap sheet, which part of the reason why we crash out about you know, him not making moves is because there was a relatively clean cap sheet. Now that cap sheet, while it's structured pretty well, is a lot tighter. And so I think that Brad Holmes is going to go is going to be a little bit more on the patient side, going forward a little bit more on the proven side.
Speaker 3: I just think there's a benefit in waiting with a guy like but not what it gives. Yeah, you know, yeah, Laporta, I could be sold there.
Speaker 2: There's some injuries there, the.
Speaker 8: Back injury, especially if it was something other than the back, I probably would be a lot more in on Laporta.
Speaker 2: But that's we've had very super like productive tight ends. Yeah, I mean something I just don't here.
Speaker 1: But I don't think he's gonna do any I think I think he's gonna sign the I think that's what Brad does. Yeah, because he signs his guys and he's got we wait on to because an injury. I think Branchill, I don't know if you'll wait. I think you'll get a discount. Yeah, because he's not gonna have the accolades. He's not gonna have the.
Speaker 4: All pro stuff. I'm a branch stand yeah, and the branch stuff.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't mind if they signed him right now because it would be the cheapest you could get him. And I am having no worries about his ability to bounce back from the Achilles I really am. But that's a serious thing. You can use as a pretty big bartering Chip in a contract to get him for a big discount.
Speaker 8: Right now, out of those four that we drafted in twenty three, like, I could definitely see the Lions not extending Liporta, but I think Gibbs and Branch like that has to get done. Like, your team is so much different. If you don't have either of those guys Laporta, you can afford to lose.
Speaker 4: My dad just sent me an ai link. You think it's like the what is your dog's name?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 1: What my dad's testing me to see if I'm a robot?
Speaker 2: You should text them. He sent me an Ai. Your dad is your parents are dead.
Speaker 8: It's a fishing operation. They're gonna He's trying to check you. What's wrong with Baxter.
Speaker 2: I don't get with the crashouts on Trajan.
Speaker 4: Still in this common it's just the one guy.
Speaker 2: There's nothing realistically available, man, and he keeps fucking for real, for God's sake, be for real.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that's for C d B. For real.
Speaker 2: What is realdlesticly available at a decent at a realistic price.
Speaker 5: Nothing?
Speaker 1: Fucking shout guy Griffin. He just sent me the score from the Odyssey the the song they play with with the with the Cyclops. Huh he sent me the song they play when the Cyclops and how they're in the Cyclops is done.
Speaker 5: How's the music in it?
Speaker 8: Oh, it's fucking peak big soundtrack.
Speaker 3: It was so it was so good, I didn't peak the music being played, to be honest with you, I was in the movie at one point I'm like, damn are they playing music.
Speaker 1: That guy's won like four oscars already. They got Ludwig Gustav Send or Gordon Center, whatever his name. The guy who put together the score for the Odyssey is one like music, three oscars already.
Speaker 5: Music and like movies' super young entertainment. That's something that I've that I really appreciate the second time around, because like I like you, I'm locked into the visual. It's the first time, Like I'm playing Red Dead, I'm playing Red Dead two for the second time. Just get my fix in before gt A and man, like the the scores and that it's just.
Speaker 2: Fucking sick how music can set a tone.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Times, and it's even like as when people are like doing reels like certain songs always except like oh this must be your studio.
Speaker 8: I gotta walk in and watch this fall asleep to Skyrim music at night, like it's so fucking peaceful.
Speaker 1: It's just like if I, if I want, I want to play that music, it would be probably the score from Dude, like that ship is so fucked Hans Zimmer, Dude, Ago Michigan, go blow it the super Chan. He says, respect to y'all. Detroit Sporting Sports is a joke right now. But y'all keep showing up, shut up, appreciate man.
Speaker 2: Man. I met somebody today watching the word.
Speaker 3: Uh played running back at State. We were talking back and forth about the Lions, and then we were talking about and deepest. We started to get anxiety, but he broughted off to the I played running back at State.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got uh hold on, Like recently was it Langford? Jeremy Langford, give me a minute. It's old, old, old head ring.
Speaker 2: It was round when he played with Jamon Ringer straight was really good.
Speaker 1: But he's really good.
Speaker 5: He's a Latin.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 5: I wrote that one.
Speaker 1: Dude, Canfield's got some gems. Man, They're they're like either great or just awful. Yeah, there's no in between. That one's funny though. All right, let's go to break where we don't even know where we're.
Speaker 5: At, all right, so we gotta do mortgage pros.
Speaker 8: All right. Let me tell you, guys about Mortgage Pros. Are you looking for a career upgrade? Check out Mortgage Pros, the number one mortgage broker in the state of Michigan. We saw their incredible company culture first hand at their annual block party. Their team truly loves what they do and it shows. With four point nine stars on Google and over four thousand review the reputation speaks for itself. So if you are looking for a new career, give Mortgage Pros and Troy a call at two four eight four one six one three sixty one Mortgage Pros. Let the pros handle it.
Speaker 6: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube.
Speaker 7: Old Tigers all the time for.
Speaker 6: The hardcore Detroit sports fans who can't get enough for the Motor City's teams. All season long, you'll get non stop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 15: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit.
Speaker 7: But we do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our shod Woodward.
Speaker 3: Sports Art and Jakes, Ladies and gentlemen. I'm there for my UFC Saturday, is my NFL Sundays and everything in between. It is a fine dining flavor, but still a sports bart atmosphere. Matter of fact, we'll be partying there to watch.
Speaker 2: The Tigers take on the Cubs and Shelby Township was that twenty second quarter? The twenty second and Shelby Township? Art and Jake pull up part of the boys ad TV's wall. You won't miss a single page twenty two draft beers and the food. I'm mean, look at me, you trust me. It's good. It's good.
Speaker 8: Miss nickole Off. He'll be there too. We'll be a baseball crew pulling up.
Speaker 3: Shout out, shout out. You call up on Nick pick if you sell tickets yet? Yeah a nick if you tickets?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You know, I know you guys like to ask him that terrible he'll be there or if he's up north for the twelfth time this year? What if the bike to whatever weights live which sports dot Com?
Speaker 3: Easy Mutch to be more actual, Chris Gordon Jones like butte front to a friendship stream.
Speaker 2: So he put it on a Lions three reasons why Lions windows closed? Well, you sent that in the chat the article. Yeah, did you click on it? I did that. I did not either.
Speaker 1: All right, shout to the doc though, this is from the docmancaroon great stuff. Shout out he ducks us. Now, great article.
Speaker 2: It's weird though. I don't want it because like he's always in crunch times.
Speaker 3: It's like do I Well you can still bring It's only there once a week. Yeah, we can get some Doc love, but Booner go. You know, I don't want to have a little Booner fit.
Speaker 2: Off season turmoil. There's number one.
Speaker 1: Reasons off season turmoil.
Speaker 2: So the Lions have had to deal with several distractions this offseason.
Speaker 3: Before free agency started, the Resa Taylor Decker as a contract the veteran became public.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: They also released center Graham Glasgow and that linebacker Alex is a lonely walking free agency.
Speaker 2: Well, the lines are.
Speaker 3: Steadfast in their belief that they have the leaders in their organization to account for these departures.
Speaker 2: There could be some early hiccups as some players adapt to new roles. Additionally, more Turmoils added recently, the legal matter and some subsequent release of arry On Arnold Detroit's also navigating injury concerns with safety position Brian Branch and Kirby Joseph real quick gonna. I don't even know if I can censor this one.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess I can. Pinoche's Hilly Pilot with the super that says easy.
Speaker 3: Loves butt, effing music, fun fact. I've all right, yep, we'll leave it there. Still still Friday, but.
Speaker 2: We were still a partner that department.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll bring it back, all right. Yeah, I didn't need to hear that one.
Speaker 2: It's big, it's scary, it's.
Speaker 1: Scary, it's big, an Alaskan bullard. Listen, what's the worm's name?
Speaker 2: And Dune uh fuck shallhoo salood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's me showed Pesky Paul, the Betty Jesuit Nasty Women. That shi's so funny. The Nasty Ones one's one of the best videos of all time.
Speaker 2: All right, Uh so Doc is right.
Speaker 1: I mean there is a lot of turnover in the leadership of this team when you talk about veteran presence, but your core are your veterans now, you know, and Zo and and having those guys as Graham and Taylor. They are right veterans and they're important players to have to build this core up.
Speaker 7: Ray.
Speaker 2: This is butt Fuck Mixed twenty sixteen. It was a banker shut out. It probably was.
Speaker 8: Honestly, what songs do you think are on that mix?
Speaker 4: Was it twenty sixteen? For your death Punch?
Speaker 1: That boodle? I was thinking like, easy, yeah, what's that one?
Speaker 6: Ge?
Speaker 4: Easy to butt fuck dude?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: The City Fight? Well, I mean, if you're listening to Gzy, you're probably gay, so you're definitely having butts. Got the City fire.
Speaker 3: Everybody that in the chat drop a song that'd be on the butt Fuck Mix twenty sixteen.
Speaker 5: A sexy red album.
Speaker 1: I think she's popping twenty sixty Cardi B.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Cardi B for sure, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I Got the City. I hate that song so much.
Speaker 1: Fin on me like she tired. Jez sucks, dude, he sucks. If anybody tells me Gez he's good, I will vehemently.
Speaker 8: A logic first thing on that Logic TV. We don't watch it, Eric Logic and Geezy this kick.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say something, but I'm glad I didn't.
Speaker 8: Say he wanted to go to that.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: I hope that Wikipedia hick might be a logic guy, though I Wikipedia twenty sixteen hits Panda number six would probably be panda.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh yeah, that's perfect tempo.
Speaker 2: Hello by.
Speaker 8: Gay Retardos actually has an entire playlist.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. One dance by Drake featuring Whiskey.
Speaker 2: It's Ray guitar.
Speaker 8: He got me, he got me, No, you got you?
Speaker 5: He's right wrock.
Speaker 2: He just called out Nick for no reason.
Speaker 1: Love Yourself by Justin Bieber is crazy to have on the butt play.
Speaker 2: It was a number one song.
Speaker 8: Is that is that the song? No, no, that's a different Beaver song.
Speaker 4: I don't know what that one is.
Speaker 2: There's not great songs for b in this Liliati.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that DJ one I'm the one. I think that's what that is.
Speaker 3: Love Yourself by Justin cheap thrills, Cake by the Ocean that could be I mean by name, but rhythmical Cake by the Ocean.
Speaker 1: That's what they said. I had no idea.
Speaker 2: That's what I have, no idea, And then I saw the video. It's ass I'm like, oh, Cake by the Ocean, by the.
Speaker 3: Ocean, there's bad. Yeah, twenty six years a bad year. You got these songs aren't doing it.
Speaker 5: You gotta pay, You gotta put on the playlist. You gotta put out the playlist, Chance Blessing. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Hey, you gotta go.
Speaker 1: Back like Kelly, you got ten years.
Speaker 8: For the Confessions.
Speaker 1: Grippy j obayed by Jacob sixteen. I'd lost so much respect for Jacob when you put that ship out, man, Grippy. Any song by Future, well, yeah, cooler than me, like jump Man, cooler than me jumping.
Speaker 8: I just did that.
Speaker 2: I had that, like, all right, we're away off the rail.
Speaker 1: It's Friday.
Speaker 3: Though it's a low, it's a little high with my left hand up like any song by Futures is Freddy felt?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 4: I remember when I first heard Panda and my friend had to like, he's like, no, dude, this isn't Future.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: That was everybody? Yes, actually that everybody. He rebranded by the way brought dude. He's like speaking English music now.
Speaker 5: He also just got arrested. He did domestic violence.
Speaker 3: Oh I hate to see it makes checks out. Somebody's talking like any song by Sean Kingston Sean kings What's wrong with you? Freddy that's kids down. With the kids down, he'll be after.
Speaker 2: He's playing the Malans out check getting in there.
Speaker 8: Make a man, Freddy.
Speaker 4: Dude, I mean it works.
Speaker 2: Okay. He brought example somebody called nine one one.
Speaker 1: Somebody whoa I don't know if I want to hear Sean Kings.
Speaker 2: That might not be.
Speaker 5: Did you guys hear about Sean Kickson too?
Speaker 1: He got like he's in prison like scam. Yeah, he was in some crazy I hate to see it, man, I hate to.
Speaker 8: See all the grades have fallen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, break yeah, let's re BF playlist is is dope thought. Maybe we'll get to the other two reasons why.
Speaker 2: The Lion's Super Bowl windows organic window, mystical danger, danger, get down, shot, mistical. I think he's back in prison too, God damn it.
Speaker 1: Freddy Felt says, I'm married s Ben, I haven't BEF since two that's fair eighteen naked cowboys and showers.
Speaker 5: Alright, let's talk about uh thrive. Let me tell you guys about thrive.
Speaker 8: Listen, guys, most people that think that energy comes in a sixteen ounce can full of sugar and neon colored liquid, but you know better, it's time to.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 8: It's time to upgrade your game with Thrive Energy pouches. This isn't your dad dip It's a tobacco free, nicotine free mental powerhouse packing three hundred milligrams of clean smart caffeine including Alpha GPC and lfonine, No jitters, no sugar crash, and zero bloating.
Speaker 1: The Rive can be found online at dipstop dot com.
Speaker 8: Remember to use promo code WSN for fifty percent off your entire order exclusively at all Market Fresh and Market Scare locations. Thrive Clean Energy, zero distractions, They just fing work.
Speaker 6: The hunting season is almost to here, Detroit, and your Lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, Common Row first downs, Penny Pancakes, Kurmy picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack Fox his leg Yes, Jay locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network.
Speaker 7: Sports.
Speaker 11: Rive Energy patches give me the energy and clarity to find and beat the shit of every opportunity to shows the face.
Speaker 15: Into retel pickles, sat shit, create the wave, weekid Flash my coat winging.
Speaker 10: Get your head shot, point blank, dead stop.
Speaker 11: Sixteen Prime Energy pouches are for the people who actually want to win, not for the cry babies out there who are happy with the participation of working.
Speaker 4: There's zero show, so give Thrive a drunks.
Speaker 5: Clear It's game on.
Speaker 18: At artin Jakes, wings Burgers, pizza and ice cold drinks served up with attention to detail. Wall to Wall TV's great service and a vibe that keeps your crew coming back. Artin Jakes a sports bar setting with a fine dining flavor.
Speaker 6: Jimia Gibbs breakout season, floating lips, How the Five gets to the Hex off Touchdown Woodward Sports the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 1: Loom Candidate's Gonna do to find a location near you today, use uh WS and thirty to get thirty percent off your order it. Make sure you check out the buzzing energies on her milligrams can't be seven had miligrams TC and it can.
Speaker 4: They are delicious.
Speaker 1: It's Loom dot Com.
Speaker 3: Out to them boot But you I know that song from a Big Daddy No uh, Adam Sandler goes back to school, Billy Madison.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go, banger, great movie.
Speaker 1: Hurt's So Good from Indy's own John Mellencam, Hurt's so good. Come on me, man, get it's so good.
Speaker 5: Sometimes love don't.
Speaker 2: Feel like it's definitely a PF song.
Speaker 1: So good, that's for sure, a cat it's about BF and fore Yuh got it?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 1: I mean they're freaky Victor.
Speaker 2: Everybody can drop your favorite PF song, best friend song for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely we're talking about did were you able to pull up the docks article?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I thought you were the first. I thought you were still.
Speaker 1: Pulling up too.
Speaker 5: All right, all right, you read the first He.
Speaker 3: Says off season turmoil, Spinny, do you think that is a reason that he trot Lyon's Super Bowl window has.
Speaker 1: No Before we got into all the bfs, I was I was gonna say, like, he does have a point obviously, that they lost a lot of veteran leadership Angeloni Graham, Glasgow, Taylor Decker. Those are big factors of helping these young guys kind of come along in the NFL.
Speaker 2: But you don't need that anymore.
Speaker 4: Your core is your core now, and.
Speaker 1: They are veterans in this league like you got obviously Jared Goff as your biggest leader, but Penney Sewell, Aiden Hutchinson, I'm Aron Saint Brown. Like, these guys are veterans now, they've been in the league for many years. They know how to handle themselves there, multiple time All Pro players, so they will be the leaders in the locker room. They don't really I don't think losing those guys, I mean losing their talent when you look at Angeloni hurts a little bit. But I don't know if like the voice in the locker room is going to be missed as much. I think you have plenty of guys that are capable of doing that.
Speaker 3: I'm salty. We're just gonna ride it out with Rocky Scene Reid and Rakestraw. Absolutely, I don't think that.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's crazy. Maybe on paper, I mean, DJ Reid's pretty solid cornerback. I think Rocky Ston show us some good things.
Speaker 2: Last year.
Speaker 3: We got to see what raykas Straw can do on an actual field during a football game, NFL football game.
Speaker 2: I should say that, but in twenty twenty three you went there with Kendall Vildor and Cam Sutton.
Speaker 6: See.
Speaker 3: I think DJ Read and Rocky Scene they're good enough especially for what the schedule is. He's got pre the defensive line comes to shape, yeah, which you think it will. I think Tyler Williams I think showed you enough last year. Is just cand he throw in a little past rushing and if he doesn't, hopefully McNeil's back to shape.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because delimon neil's taking over games before in the NFL.
Speaker 4: I think he could do it. I think he can come back. I do it was bad last year. I'll say that though.
Speaker 2: Also they helped. They put on a fucking they're putting him an edge too.
Speaker 1: It doesn't know.
Speaker 4: New ball coordinator gives this minus ten. Aura says, I'm sultry.
Speaker 2: I don't get that.
Speaker 8: You can be.
Speaker 2: It's not like a cool ball. He's like he's like big brain ball. If you're like a fucking a Jason Stason ball, they could work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don Toretto ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a stone cold ball's bad ass. Yeah he's not.
Speaker 6: He's not.
Speaker 2: He's a bad There's not hard to be. It's hard to be a bad ball.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Rocks numbers are impressive. So yeah, Rokilson is a good player. Yeah, I would prefer him to be your number two cornerback and or you know, three or three, but that's not the way the cookie grumbles.
Speaker 5: Do you think we were comparing we were comparing quarterbacks. Do you think he's better than Josh Jacobs or do you do you think that he could have that kind of level of impact?
Speaker 6: Was it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: Sorry, not Josh Jacobs. Who is Jerry Jacobs? Jerry James?
Speaker 2: Yes, you think he? I think he is, Okay, I.
Speaker 1: Know Rockeson was the second round. He was you know, he's bounced around a couple of teams, but he's always It's not like he was getting d F eight or anything like that. You know, he was always a solid player. I think he stepped up big for you last year when you needed to. He's big, he's long. He's probably your best coverage corner, like one on like man coverage corner. He's probably the best one you got. So they're gonna need him.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna sit here and say I have faith in Rocky sen being, you know, a number one cornerback in the league. But what we've seen out there recently, you know, it's when outside of Carlton Davis, he's probably the best one we've seen under under Brad Holmes.
Speaker 3: Which really banking on cornerback corner you're banking on the health of Kirby Joseph Brian Branch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are, truly, because I originally said that when we you know, way back and when ship was all sunshines and rainbows and we were talking about, oh, you know, we're okay giving Branch and Kirby both mega contracts because you could replace your cornerbacks with young players, fringe guys if you have the two best safeties in the NFL, but both of those.
Speaker 2: I would just like you got those guys.
Speaker 3: The opportunities they create in terms of getting your offense extra possessions, whether it be from fourth down stops or straight up turning the ball over. That's what they were in twenty twenty three, right, So like and that was a that was the worst defense. The one thing they did bring that's pretty pointed out yesterday though, the run stop. You gotta be able to stop the run, so you're forcing these teams to pass and Kirby and Branch could feast on there.
Speaker 4: And Kirby and Branch got to be there to feast that too.
Speaker 3: The next reason why the Detroit Lions super Bowl window may be closed. According to John macarun the Detroit Lions on SI, this is offensive inconsistency. The Lions have won the deepest array of offensive playmakers in the league. However, many of these players were on the roster last year and they struggled with inconsistency throughout the year. Even though the group finished fourth and scoring last season, Campbell felt change was necessary and let the coordinator, John Morton go now. New coordinator Drew Petsing, faces big expectations in his first season in the role.
Speaker 2: He has plenty of.
Speaker 3: Talent at his disposal, but striking the right cord will be very important as he looks to get more consistency.
Speaker 2: Out of the unit.
Speaker 1: I agree with Doc's take, but I'm not putting that as a reason why I don't be because I believe they're going to be fine. Like he's right, Hey, you do need to push the right buttons. I do believe he's going to do that, so I wouldn't put this in my list of why it's closed. I think I fully believe that that the offense will be back to its old ways this year.
Speaker 3: The third reason, and I'll say the only valid reason in my opinion shouts at Doc and shout out Doc. He says divisional challenges. The Lions have always believed under Campbell the best way to make a run in the postseason is to win the division and start that journey with the home playoff game. However, that will be tough to do and what is by many accounts the toughest division in football. Last year, all four NFC North teams finished with winning records. The Bears, under the leadership with former Lions coordinator Ben Johnson, took the division by storm, but the Packers found their way in the seventh seed, and the Vikings swept Detroit even amidst subpar quarterback play Jared golf fun fact only quarterback to lose Max Rosmer.
Speaker 2: Ever, uh, the six.
Speaker 3: Games the Lions played in the division this year will ultimately decide their fate. If they go to and four against divisional opponents, as they did in twenty twenty five, it could spell doom for the chances to contend. However, if they're able to make or take a bigger hole than division as they did each of the two prior years, they could be right on track. That is the only val reason I give them is then c North is dangerous, and he said, he pointed out last year the Vikings whooped you.
Speaker 2: The Vikings sucked.
Speaker 1: And I respect Kyler Murray as a better quarterback than Max.
Speaker 2: Brosmer yep, like.
Speaker 3: KOs as a coach. I respect combination two could be lethal for the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 8: It was the defense soon ain't shit changed that much.
Speaker 2: To it though, it's the argument is like, right, fuck, that could be a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh yeah, I mean that's a that's a good point. I do think we're gonna win the division though. Schedules too easy. Schedules too easy? Yeah, too easy.
Speaker 3: And I think even if you're going fifty to fifty every single opportunity out there, like you're gonna come out on top just because you're winning your regular season games.
Speaker 1: Outside of that, think so too. Let me tell you guys about amnesia. Shout out to Amnesius.
Speaker 2: Partially hurt helps this year too. That definitely helps.
Speaker 1: Two different levels of liquid Gaca diamonds in one device. It's the switch from amnesia. Make sure you go check it out. Amnesia smoking. Now you're smoking? Yet you like smoking, don't you?
Speaker 6: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube.
Speaker 7: Old Tigers all the time for the.
Speaker 6: Hardcore Detroit sports fans and can't get enough for the Motor City's teams. All season long, You'll get NonStop Tigers contents from Hofield, interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable inside from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 11: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and spaces Jim that's filled with equipment for every workout? And how about pre fitness training and the judgment free zone that leaves and feeling energize all day long. Joint Planet Fitness Today with the pre pf app online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen.
Speaker 2: Dollars a month.
Speaker 1: You're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it in Detroit. And that's why I think.
Speaker 17: It's I think with opportunity, right, Like you said, maybe you like to punch people in the face for real, and you know you want to be a boxer and you have an option there. Maybe you don't like get punched in the face and you want to make you know, you like the theatricals and the storylines, and so you have an avenue here.
Speaker 10: Maybe you start at one and then want to change to the other. I don't care. I just want you in the and know that you have some place to go to explore that. Just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want.
Speaker 9: To do it to the best of your ability?
Speaker 10: And you know, it all starts with the kids.
Speaker 15: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our shot Woodward Sports.
Speaker 3: Last night, The Odyssey was one of the best movies I've seen in the past decade. I'll throw it out there. It's up there. It's a great movie, phenomenal movie. You know what makes every movie going experience better being high? You know what helps me sit in a chair for three hours of a phenomenal movie. The Royal Gestures one and a half grams each, Quadfuse, Keith Codor Live, Resident, Thac Diamonds, terpens, all packed in the one. These are your Yeah, Odysseus's back bitches makes you check out The Odyssey with some gold crown soon.
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 3: Go and welcome bike to What the Weights Live with sports dot Com. I'm easy your mind, spin more racks, young Chris Gordon Jones and be a friend to the friend and she had the stream. Chris, we talked about a little bit about the last weeks, the doc san the Detroit Lions super windows closed, and that was the division. Do you want to expound on that? Would you like to move on to the Detroit Pistons turning down Sabonis?
Speaker 5: I would love to hear about the Pistons turning down Sabonis. That would just warm my heart. Mary against the trade.
Speaker 2: Okay, not a big Sabonis guy. Sounds racist.
Speaker 1: He's a culture of vulture.
Speaker 5: Chris hates his bigging. The culture of vultures. Post Ball is back making rap music. Everybody culture came like making music. He's a culture you went.
Speaker 2: To more vulture than how.
Speaker 5: A bunch of I was invited by my friend I was.
Speaker 2: He's invited by his friends to make music. Twenty one Savage on God he makes music.
Speaker 5: Oh, by the way, I can, I can. I can objectively agree to disagree there, I can objective.
Speaker 1: Travis Scott It's lit and Last Night War all right? His name it's lit.
Speaker 4: Really no famous war hero.
Speaker 1: He's basically just doing ad libs.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Again, Travis Scott had like everything would That movie was didn't good just complete side.
Speaker 2: Christopher Nolan's is fucking brilliant.
Speaker 1: He's the man. He's just yeah, just so a sprinkle and like Travis Scott did good at what are you supposed to be doing? But like, yeah, all right, he was literally just he was dropping ad lit. He put down a beat and dropping ad lips. And I'm thinking, I need somebody that's gonna make a beat and do ad libs. I would probably choose Travis is gonna tell the story of Troy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Travis Scott.
Speaker 1: Travis Scott, The Falling of Troy. It's lit.
Speaker 2: It's funny. He had earrings and everything. He was just like regular Travis Scott, just without chains.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that that was the one thing. I mean, I know you can't like go too hard with him, but like Odysseus after his eighteen year journey, just has perfect pearly white teeth. I was like, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: Maybe the loads helping with Yeah, it's good for your teeth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was eating a lot of fruit.
Speaker 2: Bro get some things.
Speaker 5: Great movie I'm excited. You guys have convinced me to see I'm not a movie. It's movie doller, but I'm gonna I'm gonna pop out.
Speaker 1: It's one of the better movies.
Speaker 8: Actually, I was definitely gonna see it.
Speaker 4: But now, yeah, I just I just hate people. No, it's just it's justified.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, I'm not. I'm not against movies at all. I'm just as you know, music is sports, guys, So like I just don't really make the time for movies.
Speaker 2: That's all organic window. We must stand strong be She definitely see the movie.
Speaker 5: He's with me post War it is the biggest culture vulture.
Speaker 8: Jack Harlow exists. What are we talking about?
Speaker 5: Jack Harlow is not the worst culture future.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's wearing cagoslow.
Speaker 1: Like I would honestly say, what post Malone's doing is less culture vultry than a white man.
Speaker 4: Wearing a cago.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because at least post went back.
Speaker 2: To the corn rolls. Though, I will say that, Yeah, Vikings he a corn rolled out with the grill.
Speaker 1: Vikings never wore.
Speaker 5: That he read for it. Jack had Now, Look, I think he's doing the wrong thing. He's doing the wrong thing. He's trying to like lean into it. He's always been sarcastic or whatever, so like he's trying to just play into it. I don't think it's working though. Actually musically I think that album is actually pretty good, though I do Jack Harlow's sole album.
Speaker 8: They do not love bro Baby, they don't.
Speaker 2: They do not. In the fucking Kmart blow up thing, that ship was so.
Speaker 1: Bad.
Speaker 5: What was Thanksgiving performance?
Speaker 2: I felt bad.
Speaker 3: Listen, I appreciate the Detroit shout out saying I do yeah, I'm saying like, and I appreciate him doing the halftime showing Detroit.
Speaker 1: He was a big game at the time. He had the number one song in the world, the Baby No.
Speaker 5: I thought that was actually not bad.
Speaker 1: The set was awful though, like the set he was in and I guess nobody could hear him.
Speaker 2: They got it in the final closing days of Spirit Halloween.
Speaker 1: They're like, yeah, yeah, they bought that bag from Sam's clubs.
Speaker 6: I just.
Speaker 3: He got done dirty. The other thing, I'll say post Moon had the fun. Yeah, he was literally cold out by the one guy that would grill you and kill you in the scenario like that. For being a culture vulture, Charlott man survived and he was it was anes all's answers to by the way, I just I'm here to make music.
Speaker 2: I respect Post Moone.
Speaker 5: I just don't. I just don't like his comments hip hop.
Speaker 1: French Montana said they're not French Montana. Pipple says the same thing. What like, Pipple is not trying to make music for the quality of the music. He's trying to make money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which music.
Speaker 5: I was fine with that. It was just the disrespectful hip hop comments, That's what That's what it was.
Speaker 4: It was there was Chris putting all of the.
Speaker 1: Hip hop genre as a hole on his back.
Speaker 5: I love this ship. I love this ship, but I think that I think that those comments to hip hop, saying that it's not real music, saying that it's it doesn't invoke emotion. I think that's disrespectful to the genre, and I didn't like that. I'm not disagreeing with the Shaw main thing. That's a different thing to me.
Speaker 2: That's fair music.
Speaker 5: That's why I said it. That's why I say it's called Carlos.
Speaker 1: Snitched on Lemon Pepper Lou when he snuck out of the bubble says organic windows.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I forgot they do that.
Speaker 2: Damn that's due.
Speaker 1: Also, that's why lou Williams is godd he snuck out of the bubble to go to Magic City.
Speaker 8: Bro, what was the worst what lou Will did? Or what uh get into?
Speaker 2: Sweet Louise?
Speaker 8: Remember what d book was getting into?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 5: The bubble? Butler?
Speaker 15: That was?
Speaker 8: I thought that was Devin Booker.
Speaker 2: To time she came out that story about how she had the help with the team.
Speaker 8: Was that one of the people that was rumored and then it turned out to be Butler?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, she was talking about she was talking about the bubble.
Speaker 3: She was specifically, she was talking about the time where she let Phoenix Sun's ye.
Speaker 2: Want a fast break on her?
Speaker 5: I thought, I thought you guys were talking about Daniel House who pulled the COVID tester.
Speaker 8: Two separate incidents, two separates.
Speaker 2: However, that story.
Speaker 3: Did my YouTube page justice when I was starting out my basement shout out reaction.
Speaker 2: To that one, and it did well.
Speaker 8: Shout out.
Speaker 1: I missed Will in the lou will is one of my favorite archite. I love that archetype.
Speaker 4: She's bucket get her dude.
Speaker 8: Calling out the Warriors, like, what was your favorite bad.
Speaker 4: Basketball my favorite bad basketball player.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about five on five bats, so it could be like a good player, but like five on five, this guy ain't really doing much for you.
Speaker 5: You know who it was before last year because he totally righted that rug.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 5: It was Paul Reid. Those playoff minutes were no, no, no, yes, yes, yes, the next that was fun. That was fun. But he totally corrected.
Speaker 1: That will bind him heavy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, will the thrill? Will will bind him?
Speaker 2: Was my guy, By the.
Speaker 6: Damn.
Speaker 8: That's a good question.
Speaker 5: I I I liked Josh Smith a little too long. I would say that is good.
Speaker 2: We were kids, though, you know I forgured myself like in Josh because I was a child. Yeah, I know any better.
Speaker 5: There was the highlights and I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, Joy was knocking down his door at midnight.
Speaker 4: He really he must This guy must be great. You know who I really liked Larry Nance Junior.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Actually he had some gnarly posters.
Speaker 8: Boban is always gonna be.
Speaker 4: Have you seen that video freaking out at that basketball game?
Speaker 8: They should have had him. They should have had him play the Cyclops in Odyssey Bro game.
Speaker 2: That would be great. Bad bat.
Speaker 5: He is a great bat. That's the perfect answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is a perfect Yeah, that's the definition. He's good though, dude.
Speaker 5: No, but he run the wrong way.
Speaker 2: Shut up, he shout out, would do some dumb ship run the wrong shack.
Speaker 1: He was the mainstay on check.
Speaker 2: His mental amun shumper Jr. Smith had Cher Smith. Yeah, he's like I know five before gainst him and off the hendy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to break, we'll come back. We'll do a mail bag.
Speaker 2: Tell us my massage chair, easy massage chairhouse. Go see my guy doctor Dunk at the corner. Will put him on the lake road. Re hosts the.
Speaker 3: Largest massage to your showroom this side of the Mississsippi.
Speaker 2: That's why he's number massage. You're a view channel and there you want to. They call him doctor Eric Duncan. He was chiropractor, fixed people's backs for a living. He's still fixing people's backs for a living.
Speaker 3: You just do it up through massage tears makes you talking about the massage chairhouse dot com.
Speaker 2: For more Detroit.
Speaker 6: Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube The Old Tigers all the Time for the hardcore Detroit sports fans who can't get enough for the Motorcities teams. All season long, you'll get non stop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 13: Some days call for light, others lean bold, what about everything in between? All day IPA the easy choice for every day citrusy chrisp refreshing flavor.
Speaker 14: You can float with light on the hops, big on refreshment one's great two even better brewed with you and money, no shortcuts, no fuss, big on flavors, never too much.
Speaker 13: All day IPA hop into easy.
Speaker 6: The hunting season is almost to here, Detroits and your Lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, I'm and Roth first downs, Kenny pancakes, Kirmy picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack.
Speaker 2: Fox his leg yes day.
Speaker 6: Locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports networks.
Speaker 3: On bikes one voyeliber sports dot Com. You Jo must be MOREX Young Chris Gordon Jones, The mail Bag, Kjo Obey off the fucking Dome with a here tough question.
Speaker 2: I have my answer. What's better Dune two or the Odyssey. I'm going with the Odyssey.
Speaker 3: Simply because they package everything done to accomplished in two movies, like the payoff at the end of the Odyssey.
Speaker 2: Do need a two movies? Used to build up? Dune Too is.
Speaker 3: Phenomenal, by the way, I'm not how long is honestly by the way, and the honestly some of the shots are nuts.
Speaker 5: How long is it?
Speaker 1: Three hours?
Speaker 2: But Dune had a three hour fucking.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, build up, and then they dropped Dune Too.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Spencer, you're the you're the Dune guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty close.
Speaker 2: Really, honestly, didn't want, we don't want.
Speaker 1: I would probably still go Doune Too.
Speaker 4: Really, yeah, but it's very it's very close.
Speaker 8: Like Dune two is like greatest movie of all time.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Yeah, damn.
Speaker 8: I have not consumed anything Dune oh manning around honestly because I've been like trying to hold off and I've been thinking about reading the book, but I just like don't have time.
Speaker 2: There's a bunch of books.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't have I feel like I don't have time to read the book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you should, Doude, you should watch both of them.
Speaker 3: You have to take an edible, turn off every light in the house, make sure you got the big screen lock in for one because it's like you gotta.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm definitely doing that for a Kira. With the HDS, you might do a little bit more, but yeah, hd Akira.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they're like.
Speaker 8: Remastering the like it's the og of anime, like it's one of the Yeah. Speaking of remasters, uh, Bethesda came out today and said that, uh, the Fallout three and followed in Vegas remasters are on the way. So for all of my Fallout fans, I know, Spendy's got the shirt on today. Yeah, there are some games on the horizon. It looks like Bethesda's finally striking while the iron's hot and the people are or you know, you know, excited about Fallout.
Speaker 5: I need to get that Backyard Baseball remaster.
Speaker 8: That dude, I want to play that. That ass I want I want to play that.
Speaker 5: That looks fun. You grew up with that girl, You're a little bit Okay, okay, Guitaro's name, Can we.
Speaker 8: Stop mentioning it never happened. I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: This is what aboards cinema is crazy niche, no shade, Hey, that's why we got a movie freak in our guy, Jared.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's very niche.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people like movies.
Speaker 5: More people like filming that sports.
Speaker 4: I would agree with that bag.
Speaker 2: Where's what weard gaming so York. That needs to wake up the beasts.
Speaker 5: That needs to happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, eventually we're getting there. Maybe we're getting there.
Speaker 2: He is a masterpiece. Still looks better than a lot of modern day anime. Agreed. The Lord of Rings good to I couldn't get in.
Speaker 5: We should build the server.
Speaker 2: Really, I respect it. It just didn't hit.
Speaker 8: When I was a kid, I had every single character in Lego I had on a shelf. Dude, I was so into Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 4: I love that ship, bro yea Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was a little Lord of the Rings like geek like I was reading the Hobb and all that in like elementary school. That ship we.
Speaker 5: Should though, speaking of gaming, we should definitely make it. Well, we're sports server for GTA six.
Speaker 8: I barely played GTA growing up. I maybe had like a month period where I like really got into it that.
Speaker 5: I only played. Ever, I only played part of four, didn't finish it. I played the the all of five, but I didn't play online. But I know that online is where they've been living the last like ten years.
Speaker 2: I've never played any GTA game on mind here I'm missing out. Yeah, I hear so.
Speaker 8: I grew up watching the Vanos. Shout out everybody that watched Vanos growing up. That was a staple of the childhood.
Speaker 3: YouTube orcanic window watching the first Doctor Strange off onto experience.
Speaker 8: Dude, Doctor Change won all the visuals in that fantastic movie.
Speaker 2: You see the shots that they just released from the what's the new house called? The what the new telescope they have out there?
Speaker 8: Oh, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Some ship.
Speaker 3: Shots of space let me get yeah, the James Webb, let me get you these if I fake crazy face is fake.
Speaker 2: They don't even look real. That's what you got time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because space is fake.
Speaker 1: Space is fake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean shell you know, mom space thing.
Speaker 1: Bunch of pussies.
Speaker 8: Yeah, if they if they were real, they would have squared up, they would have done something. But it like by the time we had like nukes. They would have been like, all right, what are these?
Speaker 2: They saw what they saw? What Will Smith would do them if would do to him if.
Speaker 4: They tried to show up? And they know to stay away?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But yeah, Will, I'm playing Pokemon right now, and it's kind of like your guys at like sixty, you're in the tall grass, you run to the rat tata Like, am I gonna waste a pp and a rat tatter?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna keep going about my day. You're gonna kill that?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: You think I'd rather keep my pepe?
Speaker 4: I'm a fuck it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a grove vile at least?
Speaker 3: What grop?
Speaker 4: What grole breaking?
Speaker 1: You want to come over here?
Speaker 8: Was it.
Speaker 1: Tom Brady slap logan?
Speaker 2: Paul will send it? That was actually a Jamie?
Speaker 5: Can we get eyes on that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ji, can we get Jamie?
Speaker 2: I'm working on these, uh James web photos?
Speaker 1: Who's James Webb.
Speaker 5: Space?
Speaker 8: It's the telescope that's for James. It's I don't know.
Speaker 2: Do they named it after crazy?
Speaker 1: He made a telescope.
Speaker 2: It's crazy they named it after him? Oh, we can't play that, unfortunately, it's.
Speaker 5: W oh so it is just like space fake news, fake news.
Speaker 2: It's real to me.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming these three, but there's a lot more wrong. Well, no, no, no, no, no, you gotta get these James Web photos in there face. Fake space is awesome, awesomely fake.
Speaker 2: By the way, Trick Trick is podcast Probert shout out the graphic.
Speaker 1: That's a fever dream. Bro, I'm gonna do shrooms and watch that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, be terrified.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you see the why?
Speaker 2: I said you? It's like him.
Speaker 8: So many times. But I had to make sure to check in with Uncle Trick before I came into the.
Speaker 2: No fly zone.
Speaker 8: Dude, I love doing the RFK junior voice.
Speaker 1: That's it's scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gotta be rope. You think he's the first robot.
Speaker 4: Benny's been talking about extra trust decade.
Speaker 1: At least facts.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's been on the case aliens a bunch of pussy.
Speaker 2: Do you guys believe that the photos and ship the government released?
Speaker 1: I don't believe anything government there.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, and that's crazy. No one's buying it, and one's like.
Speaker 1: That, I mean, we know that they're real. Do we know they're real? Yes?
Speaker 2: I feel like everybody kind of agrees, But otherwise you wouldn't be talking.
Speaker 4: Sh know, I know they're real, and I know they're pussies. Yeah that's bitch made.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think we're.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, we would be aliens to other aliens.
Speaker 2: I think we're like the advanced.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think that, like the most advanced aliens out there are like like space cows or like space lobsters. Like there's nothing like crazy out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, there's other intelligent life.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know they the.
Speaker 8: Well, because there has to be like such specific conditions the life to live, So there has to like there's only like a few planets out there probably that have.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, it's an endless universe, every star sun, so there's got to be a couple of planets circling those least these.
Speaker 5: Are allegedly real. These literally look.
Speaker 2: That's how fucking crazy they are.
Speaker 8: Bro, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: It looks like a phone background, doesn't it. That looks like a shirt you buy off?
Speaker 2: I see you a couple more, yeah, said yeah.
Speaker 1: The super chap from side. Humans are a crash out species. Look at how we square up with each other. Now, imagine what we do with something that isn't us. Aliens don't want this fact. Just pussy dude. I'm telling you.
Speaker 8: As soon as like humans have a team to jump on, like you know, that's.
Speaker 4: What Yeah, if we can all connect, all unite or round one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so that's the one thing, like there would have to be some like massive alien threats. Like literally was it Independence Day?
Speaker 1: Yeah it doesn't.
Speaker 2: How dumb the thing is people like if there's a group of people, yeah, I don't like it.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well that'll do it for us today. Appreciate you tapping it. Make sure you smash that light button. You're easy for Gordon, for kool aid, for Chris. I am smashed baseball. We're the heavyweight. Check out WI Baseball.
Speaker 2: Check out the cinema, Baby, you coming cinema.
Speaker 7: Wh