Speaker 1: Borry for the radio show that put the ass an astronaut. It's a very important day as within two hours the astronauts, the two astronauts who have been stuck at the International Space Station for nine months after their spaceship returned without them, are finally heading home, and they're supposed to plunge into the ocean on Earth today at four point fifty seven p m. The matter of what it will sound like, why would n Elon just catch him? He's kind of like, going on, man, this is one thing I've noticed about the story is I've yet to talk to anybody that really knows much about it.
Speaker 2: You talk to me every day. What do you talk to dog? Dog? It's over these days. Ry need to drink. I'm just saying, you don't know that much about it.
Speaker 3: Well, when he was explaining that they were at the space station just hanging out waiting for their ride to get back, that was what confused me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, none of it made sense. I was like, he is shooting from the hip right now. He really knows nothing. He described a space station like that thing in that Crisp Pratt movie where they're just running around and they're swimming and they're vacationing, like you totally just made crap up.
Speaker 4: Don't confuse my casual approach to conversation as a lack of knowledge.
Speaker 1: It's okay, there's so much going on in the world and none of it seems real that nobody really has good details on it, and everyone just kind of has loose ideas of what they think is happening in the world, and everyone has short attention spans. Yeah, and so they just don't even want the full story. Yeah, you drilled down on details and no one really has them. They're like, oh uh, I think there's a space station up there, Like what are you talking about right now?
Speaker 4: But y'all don't remember this being one of my causes over the last nine months, all right.
Speaker 2: I remember the climate being your cause definitely will always be. It's on that.
Speaker 4: It's wild that in every election in every country, not just US, like climate change and protecting the earth is not the first thing. It's the economy, right, immigration, you know, abortion, But how do you know it should be the planet right, one place that has water.
Speaker 1: But it'd be like us if there's like five radio stations at i ART in this cluster, and it'd be like, all right, from now on us at the Eagle, we are going to take care of the breakroom. But if dude, if big Al goes in there and destroys the breakroom or whatever, JC goes in there.
Speaker 2: They've got an anti breakroom mindset. I can tell.
Speaker 1: JEFFK goes in there and kicks over a coffee maker. It's that how can we be in charge of something we're not in control?
Speaker 2: They hold on.
Speaker 1: I know for a fact that JEFFK promised his constituents that we would not lose any breakroom jobs because of outsourcing or streamlining.
Speaker 2: It's not even it's not even about the action of what can be done.
Speaker 1: It's about prioritizing what could be done, knowing that we all just die and it goes on to the next generation. But like, you made my point for me, it's like, oh, like big Al's breakroom guy. And then Jeff K is like, but I think we should worry about the conference room. There's not a single soul up here who thinks the conference room is more important than the breakroom. And that's why JEFFK would be the guy leading that charge on the conference room. So shallow, but really just just no substance to what he's doing.
Speaker 2: Is it virtue signaling?
Speaker 1: What is it the idea of Like we all can agree that the fake cause the climate is the thing, the most important thing, but you can't really impact it just by yourself.
Speaker 2: So it's like posting about it, that's virtue signaling.
Speaker 4: It's just like I'm really gonna post about some stuff and then not do anything about it.
Speaker 1: Right, I care about this more than others, right me? That's virtue.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The thing I care about, the important thing.
Speaker 1: The thing I've post is just like it is wild though the one place that we can live, the one place.
Speaker 2: Is Earth, and we're just like it's a toilet. No, no, no, not anymore because Helon's going to fix that, noll. He's got some other stuff though it's in the way.
Speaker 1: No no, no, we'll get there, and you just inform me about this luxurious space station.
Speaker 2: I can go spend time. I'm well.
Speaker 4: Elon and NASA are working to get Butcher and Sonny down from their two hundred and eighty five day stay in the International Space Station that was supposed to be two weeks.
Speaker 2: Butch and Sony definitely sounds like a lesbian couple.
Speaker 5: Hold on, how many people are on this thing right now. They're having a party.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Man, nobody knows anything about any of that. The others like, uh, Steve shivera MAVs photog guy there in the space Shuttle pictures like, there's just a bunch of people with shopping bags. It doesn't look like it's a tiny capsule hurling towards Earth.
Speaker 2: Is that there's people in there doing a podcast? Seriously, podcast they are? I swear to god, I just saw Pat McAfee back there.
Speaker 4: No, totally, man, just respect to Butcher and Sony in the way gone through?
Speaker 1: Is anybody buckled in? I mean, they're just floating around a.
Speaker 2: Party, dude. This is like a Jonah Hill movie.
Speaker 1: Is that the space station or the escape pod hurling to Earth?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: I think what's happening is those are we're looking at live footage of this. I think these are the people saying goodbye to the astronauts to send them home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're in the space stage.
Speaker 1: They're in the International Space Station and they're gonna get on this new I don't know what you would call it a space craft.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's that's part. I don't really know.
Speaker 1: I think it's just a tesla because they're sending four up there, and the four that are going up there in the SpaceX NASA mobile, they're staying on the space station for a while.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 1: One guy's got the ballet bulge. They were in tight gray ballet uniforms. And one guy's got a bulge. The other one doesn't.
Speaker 2: He's got a questionable rib cage too. Oh, there they go. That's Butcher. No, that's Butcher.
Speaker 1: Soonie And they just.
Speaker 2: Went into the butthole of the spaceship.
Speaker 1: Badass Butcher. And soon here in the white Oh, they're back out again. Forgot the car keys. Oh, I'm gonna go with him. He forgot something. I follow them all right, see you guys later. We don't know what's happening in this footage, and to Skin's point, no one does. And some people are dressed up like astronauts, and some people are just dressed up like members.
Speaker 2: Of the media.
Speaker 1: That guy's wearing an ill fitting polo, like there's there's what is this?
Speaker 5: It's really funny.
Speaker 6: This is the.
Speaker 2: Dumbest thing I've ever seen. They're still hugging and saying goodbye.
Speaker 1: We who are those guy? Guys werenna have backwards hat. Yeah, don't wear a space holme. But that's not butcher or soony. These are NASA people.
Speaker 2: Why are they hugging the people that aren't leaving?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know, man, it's it's hard to tell, and you don't have an audio of what the livestream is going on. But look, the point is splash downs happening at four fifty seven pm. It's happening right off the coast of Florida right there print there, kind of by Sarasota where I lived. Yeah, that's a good detail. Well, I'm saying this is this is pretty badass.
Speaker 4: We have humans soaring into the ocean off the coast at four fifty seven on a Tuesday.
Speaker 1: That guy just bumped into his computer and I think knocks it offline'll hanging it out.
Speaker 2: You have audio interesting and too caught up of them? What's going on? There? So many people?
Speaker 1: I want to wear silk pajamas and hug everyone that he's forcing a bulge on everyone in space?
Speaker 2: Yeah, space bulge.
Speaker 4: So they're coming back on the SpaceX machine called the Crew Dragon.
Speaker 2: But what they went up there?
Speaker 1: Why this was a big story apart why this was a big story nine months ago. This is what they went up there on was the boeing.
Speaker 7: Once again, we're in a brief handover between all right, we're going to the CNBC no no TV capability from the station, will be regaining that down link TV just a moment or two from now.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm bringing down for This is the worst thing to have to do play by playoffs because there's like, you don't know what's going on. There's not much going on, and occasionally they show you footage of a bunch of people at desks. What if they were like the MAVs and they had just kind of a wacky fun guy making a little more fun Hart in there. So follow ull is very specific details. Harv's like, you know, I've already seen it all. And then there's a wacky guy like this guy dabbles in magic.
Speaker 2: What what did you say, spice it up? Do something weird and a half.
Speaker 7: A month's flight, spending one hundred.
Speaker 2: Anything's done happening and he's already out of juice. Yeah, he's got nothing.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, this is now the pregame, because we're about ninety minutes away a human splash down on Earth.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was a real pregame.
Speaker 1: You'd have nine astronauts on a panel, all given their thoughts and no offense to you, KT because I don't know any details either. But you're telling me that they're going to go from the space station and they're going to be crashed into the water in about two hours. I think, yeah, they're hurtling down, Like dude, they the space station is no the I don't want the spacecraft that crew drag. But didn't this But we're on Tuesday. Didn't we send that spaceship up there Friday? Why does it take three days to get to the space station in two hours to get back. It's a seventeen hour trek back. They they left last night. Oh this is old footage.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that was.
Speaker 1: Live stream of the people up on I think that was the people up on the space station. But I saw Butcher and Sonny. Did you see Butcher were saying? I think that was when they were leaving, right, that's probably Rea. So that was okay, that was It's a seventeen hour trip back down in the in the crew Dragon is the name of the device.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so that explains the single.
Speaker 1: Yes, soon he's a gal. Butcher's a guy. Yeah, no, I've ben I think the guy with the bulge. No, no, no, those three people, but that's not even them. Butcher and Sony are in the space suits. Okay, these are just guys from Sprockets. Those are guys they okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: And maybe there's eight people who yeah yeah, and Butch and Sonny. They shouldn't be trained to know how to use the crew dragon. So those are the people who are coming back down with them. Okay, you think, I guess, so you know what I say, though I don't know any of these details, and I'm not sure I want to.
Speaker 2: Why how fascinating? No, it's interesting.
Speaker 1: I guess you got a punt you got in there. I got a bunch of valuable stuff I'm saving in my brain. I don't have room for anything new.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, this is this never happens. No, I know.
Speaker 1: But they've been up there for nine months, and I'm supposed to care with thirty six hours left, Like, why didn't I care five months ago?
Speaker 2: Why weren't you caring five months? For months? You know you haven't. You turned your back on it.
Speaker 1: But I do say it is fascinating because there is an air of mystery to how the return will go, and there is a little bit of it's scary because it could malfunction.
Speaker 2: Yes, now that's absolutely true.
Speaker 1: You thought you cared and then football season happened and you completely stopped following.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: And now now that you know that they're going to get back before the draft really ramps up, you're squeezing it back in.
Speaker 4: I'm glad they're going to be safe hopefully. What this is yeah, nine months to me, I mean, this is like getting accused of a crime you didn't do. I got sent up to do my job for eight days and then Boeing fed up our star liner, and now I gotta be up here for nine months. Dude, if you got set somewhere for nine months when you were supposed to be there for eight days, you would be suicidal.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They are troopers and had a good attitude.
Speaker 1: Every interview they've done, they've been like, this is part of the business we're in. Yeah, and it's just like us going to Oxnard to cover Cowboy Camp and then have to spend a year there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh my god, Well that's pretty nice. That's great. That is great, all right, I'm already tired of it.
Speaker 1: But if I am a little nervous about their return to Earth and is it going to be safe as they plummet into the ocean and what part of the ocean we'll find out later in the four o'clock hour on the Thin and Skin Tain is it Do they know exactly where it's going to land? Or they it could infested water? Does Elon strike you as a guy that knows precise details? I don't think Elon's in there doing the couch. These are real No, there's a lot of attention on this. Elon's in there. He's a real shoot from the hip guy. Sometimes we slash jobs and bring the people back in thirty six hours later.
Speaker 2: It's a macro view. It's a macro view.
Speaker 1: If you had thirty seven e lins on your Bingo cards, you've already hit the quota in the first segment.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Coming up next in the Hollywood Shuffle, a celebrity throws up at mid court of a Knicks game. Who was it and what happened? We'll break it down next right here on ninety seven point one the Eagle. You know, people like when we give tickets away. So we like to give tickets away. For example, we got tickets right now for the Disturbed show coming up at Dicky's. We're gonna give them to somebody right now. And we always like to use the iHeart app as a part of that. If you don't have the iHeart app, you need to download it, use it. Stream your favorite show is listen to podcasts. That way you never miss anything. Right well, right, there is a microphone you're listening to you're streaming. There's a little microphone. If you click on it, you can leave a voice message. It's our talkback feature. Leave a message right now. The third person that leaves their name, their phone number, their email address, and can tell us what we were talking about specifically in the first segment that's going to happen here in the next two hours. We spent the whole first segment talking about it. Tell us what it was. Bam, you're gonna win those tickets. We reward people that have the iHeart App. We reward people that listen to the show. Coming up later in the show, we have a special guest in the five o'clock hour to tell us something really cool that's new that if you live in Dallas. You absolutely want and need. We'll tell you all about that. Then we have sports and a half hour. But right now it's time for this juicy your news.
Speaker 2: Hot God, come stay on top in the shovel.
Speaker 4: So last night the Knicks were playing the Heat and Tracy Morgan is sitting courtside, of course, right at the scores table and where some of the broadcast are going on. And then all of a sudden, in the middle of the game, he just starts vomiting everywhere. Couldn't he stop?
Speaker 1: He's super close to mid court, dude, It's crazy.
Speaker 4: And then the people around him roll wearing like nice clothes because they're having their best seats they've ever had, probably, you know, like.
Speaker 1: Just so you know, he's he's at center court and he's throwing up. He's on the front row, so he's throwing up on the basketball. The Yeah, it's leaking onto the court. He's just good. Did y'all see footage? Because I only saw a picture.
Speaker 2: I saw a video.
Speaker 1: Okay, I only saw a picture. In the picture I saw, it was a lot of vomits.
Speaker 4: It reminded me of about a month ago for me. Oh, just you know, but he was also started bleeding from his nose too. Oh, so he's got a lot going on there. He's puking, but then they got a towel and he's bleeding.
Speaker 2: That's not good. That's not good.
Speaker 1: He is doing fine and they have determined they by the way, they delay the game, get him in a wheelchair and wheel him out of there. Then clean up the the puke. It's pretty big pile of puke. I mean corn off the cob. And he's telling the the.
Speaker 4: I saw a refa talking to like a towel guy, and you can liperate the towel boy.
Speaker 2: It's a towboy.
Speaker 8: Go.
Speaker 4: I don't have a mob like dude. It's they delayed the game for a few minutes because of this.
Speaker 2: That is that is the worst job.
Speaker 1: I mean cleaning up poop or vomit, cleaning up bodily fluids.
Speaker 2: That's the worst job on earth. It's not a good one.
Speaker 4: So he posted a picture from the hospital today and he's at his hospital bad and he's smiling. He's got his phone on his shoulder and it's got a Nick's logo on the back and he's got a thumbs up and it says thank you for all your concern.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to do my Tracy Morgan impersonation that I thank you because I've just burnt out on it.
Speaker 4: Thank you for all your concern. I'm doing okay now. And doctor say it was food poisoning his nose bleed, Well.
Speaker 2: I'm not burnt out on yours.
Speaker 1: I'm burned out on the guy from Radio Row that always showed up Everybuddy Craig forced his way on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah pregnant, he texted me every year at Super Bowl time.
Speaker 1: But uh yeah, he's still in the hospital for food poisoning and it made his nose bleed.
Speaker 4: Well, the nosebleed thing is tough because he's this is what it's one of the Twitter hoop accounts, the hoop centrals.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you can.
Speaker 4: It's not Centtel Central, okay, different, it's not Centel yeah, okay. And you know they tweet Tracy Morgan getting willed out after vomiting and bleeding from his nose. And if you want to look at it, he does have a towel and the towel looks red, but you you couldn't decipher on the video of it's blood or not, like just looking at it.
Speaker 2: It could be hot sauce. Well, I don't know, it could be anything.
Speaker 1: He's holding the towel to his face and you can kind of see the coloring of it be red, so I could see why you might think it was a nosebleed.
Speaker 2: So that's what was reported.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that NBA Central thing they put the first picture out of it. That was the first it went viral from that, right, and they were like, hey, you know it was something like that. We're thinking about Tracy Morgan. You know he's in our thoughts, but do you think if you're really thinking about him, he wanted you to send that out to two million people.
Speaker 4: So a lot of people are like, this is messed up that are doing to Tracy Morgan right now. I'm like, he did just vomit in front of twenty thousand people. I know, but they're hiding it at that point, but they're acting like they have a heart. Yeah they don't. It is pretty interesting. If all the people that I could name in the world, it seems like they would be the least likely to be embarrassed by that situation. The first guy could think it would probably be Tracy Morgan, and I also think about his health because yeah, I mean he did get destroyed in a car truck collision thing then his bus flip or something.
Speaker 1: Dude, he nearly died. Yeah, you hit by the the Walmart truck. Yes, that's right. And then uh, and he brings it up in interviews now, like every.
Speaker 4: Time you see him, he's like, I'm just thankful that that truck didn't kill me.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was a part of standard back for a long time. But he will mention it.
Speaker 1: Dude, that's the truck you want to hit you. Yeah, that's a good point. And then you call the Frankles if you're gonna yeah, you call the Frankles immediately. But if you're gonna get hit by a truck, have it be the largest company. Yeah right, I wanted to be Jeff as was his personal truck.
Speaker 4: Like yesterday story, you want Starbucks to spill the hot tea on your page, not a Lefty's coffee house.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In fact, you're probably worse off if Jordan Schultz, the son of Howard Schultz, spills the hot tea. You need someone in Starbucks line spilling the tea on you.
Speaker 4: I have little audio here, Christina, because there's a story that I've had sitting here for a little bit, and I think today's finally the day. It is reported by The Rolling Stone that there's a biopic Rory biopic being made about country music legend Randy Travis, most known for storming into a Tiger Mart naked.
Speaker 1: This feels like this doesn't feel like a major theatrical release.
Speaker 4: It did until they announced who will be playing the lead, Liam Neesen, Because playing the lead is a guy I'm confident you guys don't know Christina and I know very much.
Speaker 2: John Ham clay Walker.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he didn't he do the the.
Speaker 2: Ven You get so easy, you can do it in your underwear.
Speaker 4: Nope, that's John clay Wolf. Yep, good almighty, that's way off and very obscure. Uh clay Walker, clay Walker, who is known for this.
Speaker 2: Come out here and I'm going to tell you something. Oh yeah, to his bus driver, I can.
Speaker 9: Whip your ass in one hand, time my back. Don't say a word tomorrow. Call your boss and get me an experienced driver out here, because you are not that. And I've been trying to raise you up last night and you're telling me I'm eating into your drift. Time told me you'd be here at ten pm.
Speaker 2: You were not here.
Speaker 6: You lying.
Speaker 9: So when I come out of that bathroom, get your ass ready to drive and drive me smooth?
Speaker 2: Mother, Oh my thirty back here.
Speaker 9: You know what, if you really wanted to prime and be part of this organization, you'd have.
Speaker 2: Found a washing machine. Oh, drive me smooth, mf or sounds like a country lyric. Drive me smooth. He does kind of sound like him.
Speaker 5: But he's like five to six.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And klay Walker, by the way, his organization that this bus driver he's begging to be a part of.
Speaker 2: You want to be in this organization?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd love to drive you to August Horst Municipal Park in Navnesota, Texas, where he played his last show.
Speaker 2: So this, this.
Speaker 1: Spare country guy is playing Randy. This sounds like a made for Nashville TV movie.
Speaker 2: Not spare.
Speaker 4: Clay Walker was a big star in the nineties. Now he was no Garth George and then then you have your B listers, which would be Brooks and Dunn, Toby Keith.
Speaker 1: He was more of a sea to deal So I know, but you think about what I'm saying here. A C lister from twenty five years ago is going to be in the Randy Travis story. I don't think this was a big film. Hey, I don't know, and let's see, I don't know what the budget is. Cake well have more than six million, which was a Nora which won Best Picture.
Speaker 2: I doubt it.
Speaker 1: I agree with you that Randy Travis is most known for being nude and then being in the back of that police card saying you handcuff me? Would you like to han, I'm proud of my dog. It's bigger than most.
Speaker 10: You fake, but you you've gotten, You've got gout the right to do me this way?
Speaker 2: Mother?
Speaker 10: Oh you know it's Travis.
Speaker 1: What did I do to you?
Speaker 10: You put these got handcuffs on you new you never got assaulted in me. You insulted in me by locking me up. And I got cage basically with handcuffs behind me, with my hanging out now and I'm proud of my gifts, bigger than most. But you insulted.
Speaker 5: I think that's the best part.
Speaker 4: And it was at a Tiger Mark. Make Novus take about it. That was the gas station. Time to see a Tiger Mark. I just on Spotify and I pull up my favorite Brandy Travis songs.
Speaker 1: I need to know more about the funding of this Randy Travis movie. Starting a C list country star from twenty five years ago.
Speaker 5: He actually kind of looks like Randy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay. When you took the picture, I was like, I can see how this could work.
Speaker 1: But you I it seems like it wasn't that long ago that we've never seen anybody hang onng on TV, but now it's so common. You showed us Baby Billy's dog yesterday. HBO is just every dog party. Yeah, And and I don't know why they had him wear a prosthetic dog, because it wasn't like a giant one like that other guy in the White Lotus that he Yeah, a giant one.
Speaker 2: And it was a prosthetic too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But also I think part of the Baby Billy dong was one of those really weird balls and it looks like a chicken turkey neck or whatever. You sure you don't want to see it, Christy, Yeah, I'm sure it's funny.
Speaker 2: He can't ask for it. He goes, I'm gonna butter that bread, Max as Hey, let's do this.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, KT is gonna break some ranger news from a couple of days ago. This segment is brought to you by Hurtito Barbecue, some of the best barbecue you could ever have in your life. Our buddy, Brandon Hurtado and their family spin on Mexicue Mexican barbecue, family recipes passed down from generations. They have locations in Mansfield, Arlington, and Fort Worth, two inside of Globe liive Field, and now one in Dallas at the Farmer's Market. So get down there and enjoy some of the best barbecue you've ever had in your entire life. But right now, stop for this. It's good listeners. He here comes KT fun tweets were around, now.
Speaker 2: Let's go around the sports kt fun tweets as all the sports Yeah.
Speaker 1: Dude, lots of Rangers news, right, that's a that's where we're at right now. There's a lot of good things going on and a lot of bad things happening with their sports teams. But Ranger news coming out the wazoo. I don't know what the wazoo. Yeah, yeah, yeah, been using this. No one ever says coming into the wazoo that's true.
Speaker 2: I've never heard that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always pull out of the metaphor. Yeah, and we will be at opening Day Thursday. That's the breaking news, not this Thursday. Y no, no, next Thursday, but on Thursday. Yeah, we wouldn't be at opening day when it was an opening day. Yeah, we'll be at the one that's actually happening on opening Day on a Thursday, the twenty seventh of March against the Red Sox, right Red Sox.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we'll be on as the game's happening, which is kind of cool. Actually yeah, and uh yeah, so if you're going to open a day party on Way and party on Garth.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, we're getting there early too, Like we're gonna be at Live by Low's starting at noon. Yeah, so come on out and hang out with this all day long, and then once we're off the air, we're gonna have like a postgame after party.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's a great way to go take in.
Speaker 1: Opening Day with that having to buy tickets if you if you're not going to go to the actual game, hang out with us, drink beer with us, pre game, during game, and post game. We're just admitting that we're going to drink beer on the air that day.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: Here's what's going on. Can you guys name the Rangers starting rotation.
Speaker 1: Nope, de Gram, you have Aldi. Oh great, just got hurt. Oh somebody else got hurt too. Okay, so they don't know two of the five starters. I think they're well, I think we know now, okay. Oh is it lighter? No, they've done soccer today. Oh they signed a guy today. They signed a guy today. Is the Gros Good to go?
Speaker 2: Baby? Right?
Speaker 1: But he's he's easing into it. This is my favorite thing about de Gram. I may have ever seen the other day. He was doing a bullpen session and I was the Cubs or somebody they were playing.
Speaker 2: Their pitchers were all just standing around watching him.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Like that's the level of respect that like people in baseball think he's the best patch best in the entire game.
Speaker 2: We just haven't seen him in two years because he's been hurt the whole time.
Speaker 4: You know who I think he is. I think he's the Anthony Davis of baseball. Let's go it could be like, let's trade him for the Luca of baseball.
Speaker 2: Who can we get?
Speaker 1: Oh, Tony, so you have all these your opening day starter and then de Gram and then Tyler Molly. Yes, he's another he's he's been hurt. Huge upside, but he's been hurting. They got him last year and he basically missed the whole year.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, and last week John Gray took a line drive off the wrist and broke his wrist. So he will be back around juneish. Cody Bradford, who is going to be your fifth starter.
Speaker 2: He's hurt.
Speaker 1: He has had to be shut down, so okay, so we get these guests with jack lighters.
Speaker 4: He finally found it, so maybe it's going to be Jack Lder. Today they signed a guy and his his numbers are absolutely awful, but I love this signing. This is a signing that this team needs. His name is Patrick Corbin. Patrick Corbin has thrown the third most innings since twenty twelve for left handed pitcher his era the last four years. It's six five, six, let's go six like it's bad, let's go but he thirty one starts, thirty two starts thirty one like he is like slot him in there. He's head, get drilled, but you don't have to do bullpen games.
Speaker 2: He's the A C. Green, He's Acy Green. Let's do that.
Speaker 1: So thirty five starts in about six runs, so one eight so we're we're going to we're going to give about two hundred and twenty runs when he starts. But it's okay, that's all. But you don't have to do bullpen games. Yeah, those guys out and those guys get hurt. They don't have to make a decision on a lighter yet or Rocker because Rocker just hit Tis Junior in the head. Yeah, Rocker's gonna need to go down to triple A, right, which is because going into this camp, I would have thought it was the other way around. You would have thought that lighter, that Rocker was closer than lighter. But did they Lighters looked great, Lighters look good. The lighter is throwing harder than he really ever has. I mean, you had to go back to college like he was before going into spring training on it, it was like, okay, well he didn't throw hard anymore, and he did something and he can throw like ninety eight or ninety nine. Now he also does not know where the plate is and that's a problem. Yeah, man, but that's okay better. It's like angels in the outfield. Might he might have hurt his arm?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's a whole that's the worry.
Speaker 4: Like with all these guys, like putting him in these positions that they're not ready to be in yet and talking about is he going to be a closer? Jeff Passing a ESPN is a reporter guy. He said, this is like a day before John Gray got hit in the wrist and Cody Bradford to be shut down. Like on the same day he said that Lighters should be closing for the Rangers by May. But that's not the case now. He is a starter and has to be a starter. You don't even though they don't have a closer. Yeah, but I don't want that. I don't want to use a first round pick as a closer. This is not anywhere near as valuable.
Speaker 1: What is the whole idea he's going to be closing by May because he's not good as a starter yet and.
Speaker 2: He hasn't proven to be good in the mind on that. I think I think so too.
Speaker 1: But I do think your last you know, ditch effort, effort at getting something out of him is bullpen and I think that's what they were thinking. But we're for but he had a great camp, like a great camp. He's back in trench as a starter, but it could be It could be too. That is just temporary. I mean, that's what happened with CJ. CJ was Phil fart and round in the bullpen until he became a starter. The problem with him is he's never had like three straight minor league starts that are good in a row. Like he'll have like one or two and then he goes and walks seven guys. You know what happened, dude. But looks like he's probably, which is exciting to me. If you're watching the team like he's in the rotation, that's wonderful. Huge MLB dot comers, The Rangers is the tenth best lineup in baseball, So that's good.
Speaker 4: Uh, Corey Seeger the tenth player best player in baseball five ninth, So what was the tenth best player in the NBA?
Speaker 2: I mean, what's the rest of the team? Town? That means Jacob du Grom the twentieth best player in baseball.
Speaker 1: And people are just gonna put him wherever because no one knows if he can stay healthy. But if he's healthy, he might be top three player in the sport.
Speaker 4: Evan Carter listed as the number fifty seven best player in baseball and the third best center fielder.
Speaker 2: That's cool. I don't know what. To me, I don't know.
Speaker 4: He cannot hit a lefty, so he's a platoon guy right now to me.
Speaker 2: But he's a young guy with back problems. That's scary. White lank for the number eight left fielder. I think he's dude. Breakout. Yeah, it's time breakout, you know.
Speaker 4: See how your guys the new guys Jake Berger and Jack Peterson are fun. Yep, Burger guy Burger better smarish fun.
Speaker 1: But I think Today's to me is I like it because it's like, Okay, well, we don't have a lot of money to spend. Who's a cheap guy that sucks but will get us through the first couple of months that are going to be hard on us, Like that is what winners do.
Speaker 4: That's absolutely good. Rangers fan of him is in poll. Rangers fans third highest in the MLB of all teams.
Speaker 2: What is that things are good? Well, how do you feel about your team? Whatever? Blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Take the answers, get some type of percentage? Do you do this for all the teams?
Speaker 2: All right? And the Rangers are their best.
Speaker 1: They have And I used to be dialed in on their young players and stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm not really that much anymore.
Speaker 1: But they have a short stop who's like a top five player in the sport, and then they have a relief pitcher who's like insane. Also was a starter who, by the way, is going to be having Tommy Johns. Oh, it's pretty given right, every Yeah, it's a ranger thing, man, get it knocked out.
Speaker 4: Sebastian Wallcott's the number two prospect in baseball or whatever.
Speaker 1: We don't know if he can hit yet. He's got to go play a double A. He'll be in first go. I think cool? Which I have roller Town at the ballpark. Uh, Joey Gallo is going to be a pitcher.
Speaker 2: Now saw that. I did not see this, and I'm very intrigued.
Speaker 1: He you know, and I used to We had heard that he had once touched like ninety eight or something on a radar gun. The articles I was reading yesterday said he got to ninety four. I thought he was higher than that. But that's a hard thing to do to just say, hey, I'm going to be a pitcher, but wish him the absolute best. Could that happen to the guy in the steak the Sizzler parking lot, wouldn't you like an infielder, and then became a pitcher after he got out of prison and went to a steakhouse.
Speaker 2: It didn't work out.
Speaker 1: Well, you're talking about Matt Matt Bush. Yeah, Matt Bush. I thought he was a badass infield process short stay he was and just drafted number one overall. Joey Gallows story bro over that guy, Let's do it. I think he had another incident recently in Arlington.
Speaker 2: Let's get Jill, Let's.
Speaker 1: Get Gallo to a Sizzler parking lot. I think if Joe gout like, it's not that hard to me if you pitched as a kid in high school to pick it back up to me, that's not not that hard if you were a high school pitcher to get the most the gifted hitters in the world out.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I saw a couple of tweets a couple about the logic of what he said.
Speaker 1: If you pitched in high school, it's not that hard to go get all the hardest hitters. I was a pretty good shooter in high school. I don't know why I can't go knock down some three an NBA game.
Speaker 4: Contextually, I should add that saw a couple of tweets that were like, it's gonna take her three years to turn him into a and he's like talking about his age and I'm like, no, they'll send him back to college. What else does he do for a living? He now pitches.
Speaker 2: That is his job.
Speaker 4: Now he will depend the miners in pitch he works, it works, and the majors.
Speaker 1: He would know the chess match and how to pitch to a batter. Obviously, the question is how much velocity does he have, how much movement, how many secondary pitches does he have? How much control does he have? I have no idea what the inswer that would take three years. It's either you're out of the league or you it didn't take three like this has been quick thing, right, or it's it's a quick thing. Unless they're like, hey, that's great. You can throw one pitch ninety five miles an hour. Do you have a curveball? Do you have a slider?
Speaker 2: We're gonna spent a couple of years developing secondary pitch. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Don't ask Wash because he'd say it's incredibly hard, incredibly hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yes, if you want to do it at a high level.
Speaker 1: But he just got cut, well, not cut, but he's basically having to decide that he's not a hitter for the White Sox, a team who lost the most games.
Speaker 2: How old he's got to be, like thirty three? Right, Well, that's a good question. I don't know.
Speaker 1: He was high school teammates with Bryce Harper, right, thirty one? Okay, he's thirty one. He's the Amari Cooper of baseball. It's wild a career batting average of one ninety four. That's good, man, pretty good.
Speaker 4: But a couple of years ago, or well, a couple Ranger years where they were absolutely terrible, like top ten MVP type of guy.
Speaker 2: Yep, there you go.
Speaker 4: There's your Rangers update. The Mavericks play tomorrow night. Cowboys haven't done anything. They don't do anything. Ever, A lot of mock drafts have them taken the other running back. I've been telling you about Hampton from North Carolina, Mel Kuiper's big hair, talking about that second Yeah, he is a second best ringing back.
Speaker 1: No, no, second round, No at twelve what now, everyone's drunk right now, we're just making stuff up. Right now, this is a silly season for this. They would take him over Genty, or they're saying gent Gent would go first and then Hampton would go. But Hampton is the clear he might be better than gent Genty's a fumbler.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 4: But whatever. They're not taking running back at twelve. They're not doing that. They're not doing They need a watch receiver though I think they're going.
Speaker 2: To do that.
Speaker 1: They need to trade back or trade back corner trade back because they.
Speaker 4: Did sign Ishmael Muakwamu to play the Jordan Lewis role.
Speaker 2: Huge. Okay, it's not gonna happen. Yep, everything sucks all right.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, it's the only segment of the day that won't be podcasted. It's the Today Game right here in The Eagle Bias the world famous ben At Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle Thanks for Rolling with A sixth segment is brought to by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen located in Plano. There's only one and DFW, but it's so good. It was voted best pizzeria in DFW by readers of the Dallas Morning News. What a huge honor for Andrews. And they got a great craft beer selection. There's TVs in there. It's a cool place to hang out. They got great pasta as well, but they've mastered five different types of pizza. Andrews American Pizza Kitchen in Plano, Texas at Preston and Plano Parkway.
Speaker 2: Go and check it out. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 8: And now it's time for Basis Weekday Day featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets hero the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna take it in set of kt fun tweets every now and then the weekday Update. We want to put a newsmaker on and that's what we have right now joining us on the Eagle Hotlines. He is a man that has done a lot in this community, in the realm of media and news, and he's got something really cool cooking over at FAA. Right now, give it up to our good friend Pete Friedman.
Speaker 2: Everybody, Hello, oh hi Pete, thanks for having me.
Speaker 6: Guys, how's it going.
Speaker 2: It's going good.
Speaker 1: We need to talk to you about something that you involved me and Ben in last Thursday night.
Speaker 2: Me and Ben jumped on something.
Speaker 1: Called how to Dallas and we were so impressed with it, we decided to tell our listeners about it, and the best way to do it was with you. So why don't you jump in here and explain to everybody what how to Dallas is?
Speaker 6: Sure? So, how to Dallas is a WFA kind of side project that we're working on. It's a community building app. It's kind of like it's like a non toxic next door. The idea is, we want to get people together who are trying to discover the city, be it there new to town, or they're just trying to get a better sense of, you know, how to navigate this ever changing market that we live in. And the idea is that they're going to share tits and tricks with each other. Instead of you know, relying on you know, the shiny Instagram influencers or TikTok influencers, We're just going to tell you about, you know, the hot new restaurant or whatever. We want people to use how to Dallas to talk about, you know, oh, I just found this great hiking show, this great coffee shop, or you know, I need a new tire because my tire just blew out on Harry Hines. Where can I get a tire? Where they're not going to rip me off. So it's kind of a crowdsource thing where we want people to get together and really just figure out this wild market together.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, we're huge fans of Pete Friedman, So anything you're involved in we believe in. We know it's going to be great, and I know you wouldn't have signed off on this if it wasn't going to be great. And so anybody listening to this should be Okay, how to Dallas that's where it's at. So how does somebody how to how to Dallas? What is the best way to explain people how to get on board?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it's you know, it's a it's an app. It's also a website. You can go to howd Dallas dot com, or you can go to the Apple app Store or the Android app Store and taken how to Dallas and you'll take you right there, and then you can just sign up and take part in the conversations that are happening on there right now. If there's a conversation of a bunch of stuff from over the weekend about Saint Patti's Day and where to get green beer, things like that. There's also a collection of great trivia spots from around the area that people were contributing to. So it's just a matter of signing up, downloading it, and then getting in on the conversation. Really just trying to, you know, be part of the conversation with the group. You know, we've got this kind of IRL or URL connections. We're also trying to do some IRL stuff this week. We've got a how to that happy hour meet up at a local pizza pub. But if you want to find out where it is, it's tomorrow. If you want to find out where it is and join us and get fifteen percent off your bill for showing your Hot and Tapas user, come check out the app and join us.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is pretty great, and I like the way you did that. We're not going to tell people they're going to have to get involved to do it, but fifteen percent off you can. You can at least tell us what time this happy hour is, right.
Speaker 6: Sure, it's from five to seven, and I will say it's north of Dallas.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's the the question I was going to ask you. So we're not just doing two one four proper? Are we including eight one seven? For we're a Solana is like the whole DFW.
Speaker 6: We are, so, you know, launch this thing in late November, and we really didn't know we had on our hands. Just to be honest, we didn't know who was going to come to it. We didn't know if it was just going to be young people who moved here for their first job at the college or what. And it's just kind of evolved into this beautiful community of people of all ages, all stripes, and all across BFW who were coming together and sharing tips about you various regions within our market. Yeah, there's definitely some fort Worth in there. There's definitely a lot of Collin County stuff in there. We've seen some rock wall stuff in there, and it's just a great way for I mean, listen, this is a huge area we live in, so I don't think it's surprising that people are trying to navigate the entirety of it, and I think it'd be weird for us to exclude that. So we've definitely kind of opened up our thinking when it comes to that, and it's been beneficial ethic for all parties.
Speaker 1: So I've pulled up the how to Dallas app and I see it tomorrow five o'clock Central time. Not going to say where it is because I want people to go get Yeah, I'm not going to say it, but it's at a pretty great place.
Speaker 2: That's an exciting spot for that to be.
Speaker 1: So, and then can you go back to see other stuff like we did a we did a one hour conversation with you the other night and we opened up about a lot of things we've never talked about.
Speaker 2: We talked about the freak quite a bit with you.
Speaker 1: If somebody wants to go back and look at that, is it once it's happened, it's gone, or can they go back and check it out?
Speaker 6: No, So that actually is going to get re uploaded here shortly this evening so people can watch that. You know what, I'll make a promise it'll be ready by five point thirty on the site to go check out the parody of the interview, certainly after the Bend Skin Show has wrapped.
Speaker 2: Okay, very good?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I mean we've got some other interviews, like with TJ Sober that we did last month. We do a monthly live interview. Yeah, you can watch them whenever. The The goal is to get people to watch them live and interact and ask five questions and things like that, but you can watch them after the fact. And you know, again, we've got these meetups regularly. So we've got this meetup tomorrow. Next week, we're doing a meetup at this kind of new they're calling it like a cure culture sampling platter at this new spot in Exhibition Park in Dallas. We're also got a meetup or happy hour meetup in April is going to be at a local brewery. We're going to be just hanging out playing some board games, but also getting a special private tour of the backroom operations, which you guys know is a very compelling thing for people who are not involved in the be Able to Beer world.
Speaker 2: Absolutely we do. Man, I like all this.
Speaker 1: It sounds communal, it sounds cool, and it sounds like something that is growing. So once again, if you're just now tuning in this, our buddy Pete Friedman from the w f A A k FAA family and they have a brand new interactive app and website how to Dallas Go download the app, get in on the community.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And it's kind of one of those things where you're describing it, you can kind of make it what you want to make it man.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like add to the conversation.
Speaker 6: If you want to, you know, ad add to the conversation. That's scaring. If you want to lurk. There's a lot of lurkers who are just checking things out. If you want to go to these in person meetups, you know, it's all it's all available. And I think the idea is we're just trying to lower the barrier of entry into Dallas. You know, if you're new here, if you're trying to just discover a new part of the kind of the scene, you know, it can be intimidating to try to put yourself out there, especially you know if you don't have a huge network. So we're trying to be the kind of stepping stool, if you will, for these people to kind of really get involved with the local community.
Speaker 1: Awesome, well, Pete, thank you. We love you again. Anything you're involved in we absolutely believe in. It's just like you told us the other day, FA was going downhill. You got on board, and now you guys are staring again. You've really turned Delcas around. You're doing great things over there.
Speaker 6: It's true they didn't like the changes I suggest it. You know, they they can't, they can't argue the results.
Speaker 2: Uh, dude, you're the goat. We love you. How to Dallas is the app.
Speaker 1: Go download it, Pete Friedman, Thanks for jumping on, man and let us know when you have future meetups, because we'd like to go and attend and hype him up for you too.
Speaker 6: Of course, love you guys, do it. Thanks for having me on, really appreciate it. And thanks for coming on to how to Dallas last week.
Speaker 2: Awesome, Awesome. We'll catch up with you soon. There he goes, the great Pete Friedman. Wow. The bad boy of local media? Yeah, okay, so this start, is.
Speaker 1: There another bad boy besides him? I mean Tim, I mean.
Speaker 4: Whose Tim McMahon's the bad boy of local sports media? Yes, but that's you know, he gets to avoid the tough topics like the war, you know. Yeah, that's what Matt Howardton's for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of there's a lot of guys that you know, Tim Ciesca was but now he works there onto police department to.
Speaker 2: A good guy.
Speaker 1: Uh, Steve Eager. Steve Eager is the yeah boy, Steve Eager. I'm never gonna be allowed in a MAVs facility. Ever again he went in on him. I saw that.
Speaker 2: Jesus dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was eager to take him down A little personal for some of us.
Speaker 2: God, Steve Eager is going ham. Eager is just a funny word. It is funny.
Speaker 1: Why tonight on the news, Steve Eager and Fred Anxious will deliver all the news.
Speaker 2: Why do you picture someone pantless when you say eager? I don't know, right? Eager eager to jump in there.
Speaker 1: The astronauts have landed, we have splashed down. They're in the crew Dragon.
Speaker 4: They've got a ship called Megan that's over to pick them up, and they're going to be put into this uh ship and then uh they're gonna be flown via helicopter. This is this is what's wild. You get back from space, you probably don't want to fly again.
Speaker 2: The dolphin.
Speaker 5: There was a dolphin right there.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, no, I think that's a guy's dog.
Speaker 3: Look at the dolphins. See those are dolphins, hungry sharks.
Speaker 2: They landed in shark infested waters. You know what.
Speaker 1: That's that's proof that dolphin deserve from outer space. They thought it was their over there above water ally landing and bringing them home. So they said for these uh, it's it's gonna be tough for them to walk. They're going to be like very because it's just new atmosphere.
Speaker 2: So then a space after them, they're going to be put.
Speaker 1: After they get on the ship that takes them back to land, they're gonna go on a helicopter from the recovery ship, and then they're going to be flown to the Johnson Space Center in Houston. So they have to So you take a helicopter and then you take a plane, and then scientists and doctors look at your body for a couple of days to make sure you're good. So they can't even just go back and get into the habit.
Speaker 2: Watch the Netflix.
Speaker 1: After two and eighty five days they get back to Earth, they may just want to pet their dog, see their family.
Speaker 4: No, they have to take more flights and then be I investigated. The doctors do to them for a couple of days. They think they have a space virus. Wait, they they have to make sure they're not like sick and stuff. It's very strange, but that's what's I guess what it's like.
Speaker 1: I mean, it feels like they would be the least sick people on the planet, or are you saying that space station's full of germs?
Speaker 4: Well, okay, so what they were doing I told I told you earlier that there was a the guy on some of these recovery speed boats there that was spraying the the crew dragon the spacecraft. It was so these toxins that could make a lot of people sick. Were they're putting.
Speaker 1: They're basically putting out that fire, which was kind of cool seeing like firefighters spray off the pod. It's just floating in the middle of these shark infested waters.
Speaker 3: They're not sharks, they're dolphins, and I'm highly distracted by them.
Speaker 5: Sweetest thing I've.
Speaker 1: Ever seen sharks disguised as dolphins because they're smart sharks.
Speaker 2: You think dolphins are sweet? Oh all that thing?
Speaker 5: They're cute? Yeah, I don't know what that was.
Speaker 2: I think they're trying to harpoon those sharks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dolphins distracted.
Speaker 4: The guys in the recovery boats got distracted by the dolphins and sharks, Like, I don't know, leave them out there.
Speaker 2: What the hell am I looking at?
Speaker 5: Okay, those maybe sharks.
Speaker 2: This is insane footage.
Speaker 1: Like I posted a video on the ninety seven one the Eagle TikTok and Instagram.
Speaker 2: You can go follow that.
Speaker 4: That shows our live reaction to them getting back into the atmosphere. Atmosphere and finding towards the ocean. There's something to these dolphins being so interested in this.
Speaker 2: It's a lot, right, It's awesome, dude.
Speaker 1: They're everywhere happening, right are they just bored all day? And then something into their water and they're they're stoked.
Speaker 2: You well, look at where they are. They're in the middle of nowhere, right yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And all of a sudden, a giant half tile and all popped in the water and they got to go see what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the story.
Speaker 1: Remember those orcas that were basically taking down those ships.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, these fish are pretty smart. Yep, that's good. That's a good that's good for the end of the show. Keep that forever. These fish are pretty smartish.
Speaker 4: This is a report of the live blog. A pot of curious dolphins is swimming around this. Christina was right, yep, they are.
Speaker 2: Sorry. There you have it. There it is.
Speaker 1: There's a weekly weekday update. Don't forget to go download the how to Dallas app.
Speaker 2: It's an app. It's in the app store. How To Dallas. All right.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, it's National Awkward Moment Day. We'll celebrate some of the most awkward moments.
Speaker 2: Next, it's The.
Speaker 1: Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. Now, this segment right here is brought to you by roller Town Beer Works. That's the brewery up there in Salina, Texas where Ben and I are partners. By the way, we have the Irish on tap right now. That is our Irish stout. It's a nitro style and it's a dry stout and it is so good. I killed that on Sunday. But the thing I'm most excited about is Opening Day Rangers, the Ben and Skin Show on the road. We're going to be broadcasting from Live by Low's right by Texas Live right by the ballpark. We're going to be hanging out all day long because it's a big party sponsored by Rollertown Beer Works. This year, our premium pill near the one thirty three is the perfect beer for baseball season. And we're launching baseball season with you, sweet listener, Rollertown and the Ben and Skin Show. We'll be hanging out starting at noon. We'll do our show live from three to six, and we'll stick around afterwards for a postgame party. Brand New Funk providing the music, Tons of Rollertown flowing, and of course your friends the Ben and Skin Show hanging out.
Speaker 2: Make plans.
Speaker 1: If you're going to the game on opening days, stop by Live by Low's and hang out with us. If you're not going to go to the game you don't have tickets, but want to watch the game with us, come on through. We'll have it on the big screens. It's going to be a blast. But right now it's time for this skill.
Speaker 2: The thing's big shoots.
Speaker 4: Today, as we discussed in the Today game, is National Awkward Moments Day, and.
Speaker 2: They had one of these websites.
Speaker 4: They gathered a bunch of adults and just like, hey, man, what's something that's kind of awkward for you? And there's a lot on here that I think are fun, including this one. Watching a sex scene in a movie with a parent. Has ever done that?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 1: When we went and saw Basic Instinct as a family in the theaters, my mom and me and my two brothers, and my older brother had knew exactly what the movie was about, and so he put me right next to my mom. He goes, here, you sit next to mom. I was like, okay, and I had to sit next to my mom. God, what year was that. That would have been eighty nine, somewhere in there, ninety eighty nine or ninety I mean, so I would have been eighteen or nineteen, eighteen, nineteen twenty and right next to mom during the most erotic thriller of our age. Jonathan would have been like late junior high early high school age. Sharon Stone spreads Fred Eagles sharing for Newman, Love you Mom Man. I don't have any of those with my mom. But my dad had this deal where if my dad wanted to go see a movie, he took me. It didn't matter what the movie was, if he wanted to see.
Speaker 2: It, he took me.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, I could a million stories about seeing movies when I was ten and eleven with just like you know, the most gratuitous sex scenes. But my favorite story about this is I was in the living room. I was probably eleven, I don't know how old. I was watching Pirate cable. My dad was in the backyard and I'm watching an airplane and right around that time, my dad comes walking in from the backyard. And he walks behind me and is going to loop around to go back to the bedroom. And it's the scene and Airplane, if you've ever seen Airplane, where they announced that there's turbulence and all this stuff. She goes, oh, and by the way, we're out of coffee, and the whole plane breaks out into chaos. And one of the moments in that movie is that all they're showing all this chaos and the plane people are going crazy, And then they have I have a shot where a lady is framed.
Speaker 2: You don't see her face.
Speaker 1: She's framed from her clavicle to her belly button, and she's topless and has giant jugs. She runs, she turns to the camera, she bounces up and down with her giant jugs, and then walks off the camera. And my dad is walking through the room as that scene is happening. And right as I look at those bouncing jugs, I turn and I look to my dad and he wink, smiles and gives me a thumbs up and then.
Speaker 2: Walks back into his bedroom. Hell are you that's probably ten or eleven. That's great, don't wink in the gun, dumb. The most awkward say there again.
Speaker 3: Well, I like that these are all way back in the day. It's still awkward for me. Just last night, I was watching Love Is Blind with Mike's mom, Vida, who's eighty three, and they were just talking about sex, like what they like, all this stuff.
Speaker 5: Okay, And I'm sitting there.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh good, and I get my phone outs pretending I'm not paying any attention.
Speaker 5: Like that's just awkward enough for me, man, I.
Speaker 1: Have to worry about that. Now my daughter and her friends will be over and I'll just have the TV on. I'm like, yep, I know where this is going. I'm gonna pause this right now. The worst one I ever had, I've told you this before, was during Thanksgiving. You know, your family get together and then you have a moment where we all just relaxing watch TV together, and you are someone's handled their remote control and how does one person decide what twelve or fourteen people watch? And it just stumbled upon Mister Show and I'm like, oh, he stop here.
Speaker 2: This show is hilarious, Mister Show.
Speaker 1: And it was a sketch about a band called Wicket Scepter, which was a rock band, and they didn't realize that they were gay. They were behaving in a very gay way, and their manager was trying to tell them, it's okay that you guys are gay, and when he told them they were gay, they would want to fight him and be super hetero. Go don't cause gay, And they were like, okay, okay, I'll give you an example of how gay you guys are. Here is video of you and your hot tub last night, celebrating after the concert, and they're doing the most crazy, edgy gay things and I was sitting there going.
Speaker 2: Uh, anybody, no one's laughing at this.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sorry, this is a little too aggressive for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Sorry about this. I just put it on some football. Did you lean in with the gay jokes? Yes? Please?
Speaker 4: Well, speaking of Thanksgiving, another one on here is clogging a toilet Bit's house.
Speaker 2: Is an awkward moment. He clogged a toilet at my house when I was in high school.
Speaker 1: And it was the bathroom that's adjacent to the front door, so like you walk in and there's a little powder bath.
Speaker 2: It's opposite the kitchen.
Speaker 1: It opens up to the living room and then leads back to the master bedroom.
Speaker 2: And I went in there and rocked the deuce and then I went.
Speaker 1: And I got in I was like, dude, the toilet won't flush.
Speaker 2: And then his dad heard and goes, Tony get in there and unclogged the toilet because he knew. Like, and I know this as a dad.
Speaker 1: If but there's a toilet that's clogged at my house, I know it's my middle child.
Speaker 2: He uses way too much toilet paper.
Speaker 1: So as a punishment, if any toilet ever gets clogged, I call him to.
Speaker 2: Come to it. That was embarrassing.
Speaker 4: Uh, telling a joke that's met with silence happens on the day.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that's like, lean into it.
Speaker 1: It's sometimes Kat will say something that's so funny, but it's even just more fun to not really, I wouldn't preface it with any of that.
Speaker 2: I just don't think it's funny.
Speaker 4: Here's here's one that's This could happen to anyone tripping, falling, or stumbling in public.
Speaker 5: Every day, every damn day.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 5: I did that just today walking my dogs. I stumbled.
Speaker 3: I was almost back to the house and I hit a curb and it almost fell on my face and I just turned around hoping no one saw me. Seriously, if you just watch me for five minutes. You'll see me stumble.
Speaker 2: If you were.
Speaker 1: If that were to happen in front of my wife, she would fall down laughing at My wife loves physical comedy. Somebody getting racked or falling on their face, or when it when you see it happen organically, just out and about in public, is great because it's like, who could have.
Speaker 2: Thought I would be at this at this time when this happened.
Speaker 1: It is great also in the list of of awkward moments because we're celebrating National Awkward Moments Day.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 4: I don't know who gave it that, but listening to people sing happy birthday to you, I feel that I hate that attention.
Speaker 1: It was a great bit on SNL, like in the last few weeks right where they sometimes what happens is you go to a restaurant and you see that it's their policy to sing happy birthday, so you tell the weight staff that it's one of your friend's birthday, like we did that at that sushi joint. Oh yeah, And at this restaurant they were like they were like, God, go ahead and say it's your birthday. And this person was like, no, no, I don't want to do it, and then the staff is like, do you have some id like yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they didn't want to do it, and then it turned into a weird like musical this person's it's going to go to hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is very awkward and that sucks when you work at a restaurant that makes you do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, surely on their one's got to be running into an X with your current What about this one though?
Speaker 1: Is that on there by the way? You know it's not, but I could see that being very uncomfortable. Uh, forgetting someone's name Ben every time, Carl, I gotta tell you, I mean Kevin, No, dude, I can't. I have a terrible time remembering names, but I can remember faces.
Speaker 4: We need to get an actual diagnosis of that, because just calling it name disease does sound like a disease as well as.
Speaker 2: You know, my losing my memory.
Speaker 1: It's probably going to end horrifically with something that we'll all regret laughing about. But but the beautiful thing about it is I can go back and watch shows again. I'm like, hey, this is a great show. I don't think I remember what happened. I'll just watch it again. It's great. Well, I didn't remember off the top of the SNL sketch from two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: It's just hard to remember. But sketches are weird broking out.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, this one, I strugg telling someone they have something in their teeth.
Speaker 2: I don't have a problem telling anybody that.
Speaker 1: I've seen you do it before, and I remember that when when it happened, I was like, man, I wouldn't do that. Skin is really good at the awkward, just blunt, like, let's cut the chase and just tell you the truth.
Speaker 2: And it's a great skill to have.
Speaker 1: We once worked with a guy who had a he had a bo issue and it was so bad that it was hard to be in the same room with him and destroyed the room and like and you know, there's twenty.
Speaker 2: People were like, hey, somebody's got to talk to him. But it wouldn't be Oh it smelled like excrement. Yeah, yeah uh.
Speaker 1: And Skin was nice enough to go ahead and handle the conversation for Usaul. He had a medical condition, and it turned out to be a bad thing for Skin because then basically acknowledged so you have a medical condition. Wow, this is tough. There's really no going back. So there's no going back, and I was like, I can't believe skin did that.
Speaker 2: What a cher.
Speaker 1: None of us would have ever said anything. We love that you smell like feces.
Speaker 4: Let's how you guys were sniffing me so much and you met with me years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see. Oh okay, here we go. Oh sorry, I lost my lost my train of thought here.
Speaker 4: Yep, that's awkward saying goodbye to someone and then realizing you're both in the same direction.
Speaker 1: I hate that so much, and you gotta time it. You gotta time you got somebody's got a fake, like you said fake look at your phone?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, absolutely well, And that just happened to me this weekend. This this girl and I were leaving this lunch place at the same time, and she didn't know that I was parked the same place that she was, so she actually did the awkward walk fast.
Speaker 10: Not me.
Speaker 3: Usually it's me that has to do that, So I got to finally laugh at it. I was like, yes, it's not me this time.
Speaker 2: Do you ever go down and fake tie your shoes? I gotta fix this.
Speaker 5: Good move though.
Speaker 2: I will catch up with you, though, thank you.
Speaker 5: I want to go take the Bathroom'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: That was fun.
Speaker 4: We'll do it again my shoe responding to a knock on the door of a bathroom you're occupying.
Speaker 3: One minute's the best?
Speaker 2: Or would you like to come in and take an s with me? Man?
Speaker 1: I think it's awkward when you're going into a bathroom and someone's coming out and there's a deuce smell. Oh yeah, that's just so uncomfortable, Like, oh you made that? No, no, no, there's a person before me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the whole thing.
Speaker 1: It's like, because if you don't want people thinking that about you, yeah, you know, but you're like, I didn't do it.
Speaker 2: Mind what mine smelled different? This is a different one.
Speaker 1: And that's why I don't do it at work, yep, because yeah, then you you basically just have relieved yourselves.
Speaker 2: Wait, remove yourself from you. Don't you do that at work? Whee you guys tomorrow?
Speaker 1: All right, that's going to do it for us today. An awkward way to end the show, Kevin admitting to something he would have never done in another situation. But I do remember the time I first met Kevin. He was in the bathroom. I knocked on the door, he opened it. He looked me dead in the eye as that smell came over his shoulder, and he said, sorry for second life out of the room, and I said, man, you better be. That's gonna do it for us. Christina is gonna stick around and play music right here on the eagle.
Speaker 6: There you going well, I'm gonna get my sock back.
Speaker 2: Dude, I gotta take a poop.