Speaker 1: Welcome to my world.
Speaker 2: Bitch.
Speaker 3: Wow, god.
Speaker 2: Good here.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the one hundred and sixty third episode of the Supernatural Current Studies podcast.
Speaker 4: So parenthetically Paranormal.
Speaker 3: My name is Jason Knight, host of the show, and with me as always is Scarce bactor, producer, extraordinary and podcast co host. Well, Oscar, I have a story today. Wow, you don't even get you even asking excited. You're not even asking, like, Hey, what's been going on? You're like, I got a story, Get out of my way.
Speaker 4: Okay, what is it?
Speaker 3: What's been going on?
Speaker 4: Nothing? Nothing? Don't you go ahead?
Speaker 3: Okay, you got to hear this, all right. So the episode we released on January first, we said it in that show. It was pre recorded, Yes it was. It was recorded a few days before Christmas. We went off and had ours.
Speaker 4: Never done a live show on this show.
Speaker 3: No, we haven't. Oh we've done a watch party that was live.
Speaker 4: No, but it was did it did it stream live? We streamed it?
Speaker 3: Oh? That was on twitch?
Speaker 4: Oh then yeah, I guess we streamed it. Oh then yeah, you're we did one. Okay, well we.
Speaker 3: Did two watch parties. I think did we did? We?
Speaker 4: I don't remember that at all.
Speaker 3: But one was Communion, and wasn't one the Exorcist.
Speaker 4: I remember Communion. I don't remember the Exciscist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's an episode out there somewhere of us live streaming the actress crazy.
Speaker 4: I don't remember that at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, uh, well part What was my point?
Speaker 4: Do you have a story?
Speaker 3: I haven't started drinking you. Oh so it was pre recorded, right? It was before Christmas? We went off. We had our Christmas. Do you have a good Christmas? I had a good Christmas too? Do you have a good New Year?
Speaker 4: It was fun.
Speaker 3: I had a good New Year too. I was in Florida. You did send a picture. You said in that episode that you were going to send us a picture or send me a picture of your your escapades on ye Christmas. I think I still have New Year's Eve, your birthday, and you did it? Go to it. You did send it to me.
Speaker 4: Oh, I did send it to you.
Speaker 3: I was pretty drunk. I'm like, what is this.
Speaker 4: I don't remember sending it to you.
Speaker 3: You did?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did it. You did it because I was drunk.
Speaker 3: So I don't want to waste too much time on this.
Speaker 4: But yeah, let me see, that's great that I sent it because I deleted it because.
Speaker 3: You're one of the people that I never delete text messages most people. I just I fucking deleted that was it for.
Speaker 4: New Year's Eve?
Speaker 3: And I wrote back, I'm like, bro, that's awesome. Love you man. There's some people. So you're okay doing something because remember you were telling your story how your your tradition is to go out solo and find people, make friends the thing, and I complemented house.
Speaker 4: I did that.
Speaker 3: That's a great thing to do. And yeah, so you lived up to what you said you were going to do on that show. And you sent me a picture on Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, right, New Year that Christmas Eve? All right? So that brings us to the actual Christmas Eve.
Speaker 4: Okay, the actual timeline, the.
Speaker 3: Actual timeline Christmas Eve, because we haven't gotten on the MIC since Holidays. So there we are, me, Katie and the kids. We're coming home from my in law's house. That's where we spent Christmas Eve at my in law's house. We're driving through Kenosha, Wisconsin. It's a it's a small city between Chicago and Milliawaukee on two ninety four. Okay, yeah, it's a city, smaller city, on Tony four between Milwaukee and Chicago. So we're driving through Kenosh, Wisconsin. We're going down seventy fifth Street. Okay, we're heading east towards the lake. Okay, m hm, we're driving. We're driving. We're driving. All of a sudden, my wife is like, hey, what the fuck is that in the sky. I'm like, what are you talking about? I'm tired, Like I'm tired.
Speaker 4: Right, and you do all the driving.
Speaker 3: I do all the driving, you know. Uh. I think I had a few beers over there or whatever. So I was just I wanted to get home. I just wanted to get home enjoy the rest of the evening with the family. We get the kids pajamas on Christmas Eve and they open their pajamas and we watch a movie. Right, So I wanted to get home and do that. So it's like, fuck is that in the sky? Like cold? Just stop? What are you talking about? She rolls her window down. I'm like, dude, it's cold. What are you doing? She's like already, she presses the button.
Speaker 4: Kids, ask your fucking grandparents. I'm sorry, why open yourself up? Just such?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, see what do you say? She puts down the window yeah, she puts down the window. Right, So she puts down the window as I'm driving in seventy fifth Street, you could go about fifty something. Yeah, so it's cold, and she starts sticking her phone out of the window, and I'm like, the fuck are you doing? Man, She's like, look in the sky. So as I'm driving, you know, I'm doing that thing where I'm kind of hunkering down and looking out the windshield as I'm trying not to get into an accident. And in the back seat the kids are like, what is that. So sure enough, I see these lights in the sky and I'm like, wow, this is It's pretty strange because for one, they're really really bright. They're very bright, and they're coming out of the clouds, not from the ground up, They're coming straight out of the fucking clouds, and they're moving. Yes, so you've seen so just so people know this video is on YouTube, I'll link it in the show notes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just saw it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you said it looked like Foor or like.
Speaker 4: Zeus coming from the clouds, like in the in the in the movie Hercules, like the way he material like comes from the clouds. You see the lights burst out first and then disappears in the sky like that's kind of a that's.
Speaker 3: What this was, that's what this is like. So I'm like, holy shit, I maneuver to like a side street or something, and we parked the car. Now we're stationary and I'm filming up in the sky, and I think my wife described it best. She said, it looked like there were cars driving around up there.
Speaker 4: It does look like thead lights. I was thinking, like back to your future too, all the flying cars in that futuristic world, like is a highway up there, it's a super highway, and just as traffic up there, and you see all these headlights there was drizzing by, some more faster, some were slower, some states still it was it was not there was no pattern that I could towel.
Speaker 3: In these lights and these lights from the sky.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, So we pull over and we're sitting there watching this thing, and we're trying to come up with what could this be, Like we truly is a Santa Claus and a closet there. It's Christmas Eve, and we're trying to come up with these excuses like oh, it's you know one of those huge spotlights that new businesses or movie premieres. Right, they get these spotlights that and you see them go across the sky.
Speaker 4: There's like eight I would think that too, but it's just I don't think it's that. It's like eight thirty and that's what put a spotlight in the middle of a cloud. I don't think that that's what's happening here.
Speaker 3: Oh that's my point. First, it's eight thirty on Christmas Eve. No business is advertising shit, right. Second of all, it's in Kenosha, Wisconsin. There's shit going on in Kenosha, Wisconsin. There were no sounds in the sky. It was silent. I didn't hear like helicopter blades. I didn't hear jet engines, plain of it. Nothing. Okay, eight thirty everything shut down? What would be advertising? These lights were not coming from the ground. They were coming from out of the clouds, right.
Speaker 4: And the only thing that's explainable that isn't dally and I guess is drone or drones plural.
Speaker 3: Drone or drones. They would have to be and listeners check these lights. These lights, they're massive lights. They're incredibly big bright lights. Yeah, that would have to be an incredibly big multiple clouds drones.
Speaker 4: Way a lot. They don't look like they do, but they weigh a lot. It's not easy either to maneuver in there.
Speaker 3: I don't know, do you mean dense like dense?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess it's just water, right, I mean you have to be pretty secure to be able to fly in there, right, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know what. I don't know what cloud. I don't think they weigh anything because planes fly right through them. But dense clouds, they're thick, thick clouds, right.
Speaker 4: Like, Yeah, maybe there's something too of them.
Speaker 3: So thinking that if you're yeah, if you're driving down the highway or driving down a deserted road even and it's really foggy out and you put your brights on, they tell you not to put your brights on, right, because when you put your brights on, that light goes right back into your eyes. Yeah, you can't flex off the dense wet moisture in those clouds right right. Fog that wasn't happening there. These were permeating those clouds, coming straight out in all different directions. They would stop, they would move, they would disappear, reap. It was nuts. I don't know what this is, but we have it. On our YouTube channel and I'll link it in the notes.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: The next day, I don't know if you ever heard of the app next door. Yes, it sucks. That's where you realize that your fucking neighborhood is shit. The people suck what they talk about and what they complain about, and how petty and shitty they are.
Speaker 4: I've never been on it, I know of it, and I can see.
Speaker 3: That every time I get on that app, it makes me want to move. But the next day people were talking about it, like, did you see what was in the sky? And this was like seventy fifth and I think it was Green Bay Road? What was in the sky over there by seventy fifth and Green Bay Road? And people are like, eah, we saw that, we don't know what it is. Someone answered, oh it was it was some guy's Christmas decorations, a light show he had both shit. We chased it, we went looking for it. There was no we never found a source.
Speaker 4: From the ground, right exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was coming out of the clouds. So it wasn't just us that saw it. It wasn't just us that were perplexed by it. Other people saw it and other people thought it was strange. Too. I don't know what it was. I'm hoping it was Santa. Actually, I think that would be pretty cool.
Speaker 4: I think I'd be heartbroken if it is Santa, because that will imply a lot of other things that are kind of known to us as fables it's true, in which case, why are we living such shitty lives? Of all these things I've always existed? Like, what is going what did we do? What's going on? What did I do? What did I do? So that's crazy? Yeah, that's so.
Speaker 3: You saw the video.
Speaker 4: You sure to send me the video so I'll make a TikTok out of it.
Speaker 3: You got it? Yeah, oh TikTok. Yeah, it's a whole other conversation. The moment I get TikTok, they fucking banned the thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they just postponed at one hundred and twenty days I think so. Really, yeah they did because the government's like, oh wait, everyone's going to China harder.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's uh, but.
Speaker 3: I'll do that. I'll do that. You can put it up on your TikTok. What's your TikTok?
Speaker 4: I don't lunar rich, but I was I think going to announce it. I was just gonna post it and it's lunar ridge.
Speaker 3: Lunar ridge, yeah.
Speaker 4: With an underscore in the middle. All my all of my socials had lunar something got it and his lunar whatever. The first thing I could think of and that day was rich. That's how I named underscore. I don't name things with great meaning. I just like, I don't know, okay, picking whatever comes up, but yeah.
Speaker 3: I'll send it to you. Put it up so you see what other people think. Oh Google, I didn't put anywhere but on our YouTube channel.
Speaker 4: So yeah, uh, I think that's it.
Speaker 3: Oh, this was kind of interesting. A few weeks ago, I have a collection of baseball cards and I brought him down just for the hell of it a few weeks ago, and my son wanted to see him. Nico wanted to see him, so we started going through him and stuff. Next thing I know, he's taken photos of him, right Like, he's taken photos of him, and.
Speaker 4: He's like, hey, did he's uprising them for That's.
Speaker 3: Exactly what he did. He's like, hey, Dad, that thing's two hundred bucks. I go what and he goes, yeah, look, eBay, two hundred bucks. I go. Nico checked the the number of the cards. Sure enough, the card matches.
Speaker 4: Yeah, two hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: Take the next one, dad, that's a thousand dollars. What. So we start going through all these baseball cards. Hey, dude, he found a card that was like eight grand. It's an error Samy Sosa rookie card.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know that I had. That's how that's how it works.
Speaker 3: Long enough, I would say he found me well over fifteen thousand dollars. That's seventeen thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: No, that's a rainy day fun Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, payoff debt. I mean, do so much good stuff with that money. But the hook is someone has to be willing to pay that well.
Speaker 4: No, yeight.
Speaker 3: So I'm not saying no, you're right, right, but I guess I never knew, Like I didn't think my son could do something. You just don't.
Speaker 4: That's technology, Yeah, technology that can work that way. Just I mean, he would be much more after him. It's an extension of his body.
Speaker 3: To us.
Speaker 4: It's just it's just a tool. You're right, it's not the same. We don't look at the things the same way he does.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was at every generation, by the way, every single one.
Speaker 3: I was like buddy, if I could sell some of these for us.
Speaker 4: It was cordless bones. Okay, so you know, you know the day by day I called the cable with the cable.
Speaker 3: The day I couldn't lay on my tummy with my legs up behind me in the little phone court rapped between my tootsies.
Speaker 4: Right, it was a sad day, sad day, sad day for all of humanity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I did tell him that I will give him a good chunk of change if I could wind up selling some of these things. But I was so impressed with Jesus Christ.
Speaker 4: Can't think that's that's great, you know, speaking of that, you know, people reminds me of collectors and things like that. Of that nature. There's two things that you reminded me of real quick. One is that I forget the name of it, so don't at me to whatever. But the last remaining give or take Western or American company that makes Blu rays, no more DVD's that's been long gone. Blue rays and HD and stuff or four KHD are going bye bye as of this year. So potentially if you have especially DVDs but also Blue rays, keep them. Some of them might be worth something in like ten years or something. You don't know, because I'm gonna stop making them very soon. Everything's going only digital. Your election slash my collection could be worth a lot more money.
Speaker 3: I have a massive box of DVDs back there. Wow, so that it could be worth I mean it'll be the next project.
Speaker 4: I put that on the one. Yeah, more like when he's twenty. But yes, yeah, I mean you can start now if you want. Uh yeah. So there's that. And then the other thing I was gonna mention, I heard about this online or as you say, I saw a TikTok of it online. So I don't know if it's true. It just looks a little true. Is that there are people that at December every year it should be said December leg of the company discontinues a huge chunk of their of their product line. Okay, right, so they can add in all the new ones every year. It's almost random, but they always like announce it. And every year there's this guy that buys only I guess throughout the year, but mainly in December, buys every single one that's going to be discontinued and then sells that a year later to make money. Yeah. Well, yeah, that's all point, he just doesn't He doesn't build them. He doesn't go shit, they're sealed.
Speaker 3: Like that's kind of a dick move, but also a.
Speaker 4: Little bit Yeah that's kind of cool. Right, Yeah, so you reminded me of that, and I just want to bring it up. Oh cool, see with me, Like, the only thing I would add to that if I were him and I had that kind of capital to start that kind of process, which you need you kind of need to start it with money, is that I would build.
Speaker 3: Them and then I can take them apart fucking crack add it.
Speaker 4: And then carefully we're sealing them with like I don't know what, dude, you have a problem, Yeah, I have a problem.
Speaker 3: You need help.
Speaker 4: No, I don't need help. I need more lego. But yeah, that's the thank you, thank you. I first step is admitting it, but second step is getting the funk off my plate. So let's continue continuing on.
Speaker 3: We have a special bottle of whiskey I want to talk about. We're doing this kind of trend. We're the last I don't know five.
Speaker 4: I mean, we've been doing this for a long time. We just never announced it. Okay, gave a SHD before until recently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where we've been tasting new bottles, getting a turtle opinions real quick because we're big whiskey people.
Speaker 4: Well, you give your pen, I'll just say it tastes good.
Speaker 3: So we have a very special bottle today. Now, this bottle was donated to the Supernatural Accurrent Studies podcast Tavern by my wonderful cousin Corey or Corlando. He donated us this bottle. It is special.
Speaker 4: Wait wait, you drink half? Has that? My half out?
Speaker 3: I drink a lot. So this one we're not open, we're not fresh opening. I have opened this. He actually wanted to drink a little bit with me when he gave it to us, so he expressly said, this is for the show. Open on the show. So it's a bourbon whiskey. It's called McTavish McTavish Legacy Series by McTavish Spirits, which is out of Riverview, Florida. Now, the guy who owns this company, who produced this this liquor, his name is Graham McTavish from Glasgow, Scotland. Now, Graham McTavish is probably best known and you might know who he is. He played Sir Harold Westerling. The House of the Dragon where that he was Lord Commander of the King's Guard under King Vassirius, the first Targarian, and he was known for his honor and chivalry. So he was one of the good people, the good guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then he got you know, fucking asshole took over his job.
Speaker 3: And yes, he did die of natural causes in the show and in the books. Yeah, he wasn't horribly murdered like most characters. He's been in the TV show Outlander, he's been in the Hobbit trilogy.
Speaker 4: Okay, so he takes very specifically periods of time. Absolutely, all three are connected by the way, they're all a similar period of time.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, Creed Aquaman, they kind of come in out of nowhere. But so he's he's a kind of a pretty well three.
Speaker 4: It's all set in the fantasy setting.
Speaker 3: Hold out that sword. Now, it's the Legacy series. And this is I guess it's named after his daughters because right on here it says Hope and Honor. That's his daughter's name. It's made from a blend of six and seven year old bourbon, and then it's finished in peded Scotch casks, which is going to give it this kind of herbal smoky finish to that American bourbon that went into the barrels, and those are signatures of like good Scotch whiskey, sure PD smokiness. It's one hundred and ten proof, so it's a good hon his bottle. And it's actually hands signed that's cool by Grahama Tavish the bottle.
Speaker 4: That's cool. Okay, that's cool. What's the go for if you don't without the signing?
Speaker 3: So he I want to say, Corey, I think he he won the ability to buy it. Does that make sense?
Speaker 4: He available?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's completely sold out. Like I went to check on the website because I kind of wanted another bottle because I'm going to finish is very soon. It has completely sold out. So he won the ability to buy it. And it was under one hundred box. It was under which I think is a fucking steel because this is good, this is good whiskey.
Speaker 4: Ok So I feel like I des half of that. Oh my god, I'm kidding.
Speaker 3: The only thing we're doing different here is that it's already opened. But a little asmr. There we go and pour you first, there you go, thank you give it a smell and a swirl. I was. I was drinking this today when I was cooking dinner. And it comes in this great box. It's kind of like this deep purply colored box.
Speaker 4: With the lighting we have going on. I have no idea what the color is.
Speaker 3: I got the GOV lights going, I got some deep red color going. And the box opens like a gate and it's just this really well made, well crafted box. It's a great it's a great looking set. It's a great looking set. So on the nose, like, when you smell it, what do you smell?
Speaker 2: A man?
Speaker 3: I think like, well, first like smoke, chocolate, smoke.
Speaker 4: I thought I smell like a berrier. But I I could be no, go with it, go with it. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Do you smell smoke?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: All right, let's right, there's that smoke. Man, cinnamon.
Speaker 4: I got the cinnamon. That's pretty good. I like this one.
Speaker 3: I'll do it again in a second, give it a second, and then take another ship. There's vanilla in there, definitely vanilla. Let me when you get the smoke, because that's what that's what it is about.
Speaker 4: I guess I get it.
Speaker 3: That smoke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can see him. I can feel it in my nose.
Speaker 3: Do you like it? I do like it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I actually like this one.
Speaker 3: I used to hate Irish whiskey and Scotch whiskey, but as I says, I'm getting older and my tastes are changing, I really dig I really dig this, so I'll start buying more.
Speaker 4: I mean it's not a rye, so I'm happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't like to rye. And it kind of finishes kind of long, like you get I can still fits on.
Speaker 4: The tongue for a Yeah, it's still end there right now.
Speaker 3: Which is a good that's a good thing. Take a picture of this, honey.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna try to I'm gonna try to find it my because you stole my half. I'm at to find my own.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So thank you very much, Corey. We love the whiskey. Oscar I think enjoys it because he's snapping pictures looking to buy it. Yes, so thanks man, we really appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Of course, thank you, and uh, you know, thank you for listening. That's yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, tonight is different. I'm taking the back seat, yes, my hands behind my.
Speaker 4: Head, princess seat. You're going to be in the princess's chair. No, there's a name for it. What's it called? Passenger Princess. You're my passenger princess today.
Speaker 3: Could I roll down that window?
Speaker 4: Yes? Please it I mean my whole car. Yes, you have to roll it.
Speaker 3: Yes. So we've been talking about some fun, fun things this intro. But we're going to some dark territory today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some pretty weird, dark, creepy pasta stuff. So that's what you expect, as the title may suggest, stay with.
Speaker 3: Us, listeners, welcome back to the show. Well, the lights are turned down low, the ceremonial candle is lit, and the McTavish is flowing. Yes, it is oscar. Start this show, all right, thank you.
Speaker 4: Before I really start, I should say a couple things here. A couple of things. One is that we've covered this before, this topic very good.
Speaker 3: I should have mentioned that, go for it.
Speaker 4: No, you're fine. We covered this topic before as a bonus episode. I don't remember when, over a year ago, let's say, over two years ago, and.
Speaker 3: It was smacking covid because we were was it COVII for Patreon, That's what it was.
Speaker 4: That sounds right. So sad Satan was covered, not directly, though it was covered amongst many other video games we talked about in that episode where we talked about fucked up video games like conspiracy driven video games, a lot of scandalous kind of video games, either in its gameplay or in its making. And Sad Satan, the focus of today's episode, was one of the several that we covered, one of two that we spotlighted. There were others, but we spotlighted too in that.
Speaker 3: Episode, Sad Satan and Polybius.
Speaker 4: Polybius, that's correct, Thank you for mind. I forgot that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what you did is you just extracted that portion, yes, your portion said Satan, and then just expanded on it.
Speaker 4: Right, So that portion was at most ten pages, I think, just the Sad Satan portion. I had it six more, and obviously I rewrote everything and I found some new stuff. But if you were a fan of that old show, you're gonna do some differences, of course, some notable differences, not just in the writing. You will notice that I have I'm gonna admit a couple things from that old show and highlight different things on this one. So just so you know, if you are a big fan and have been following us for hopefully all your lives, so that's one thing. The other thing is that there's this show has quite a bit of images to highlight, so check your show notes as were as I'm reading along here, and beyond that, I do kind of recommend for you to find Sad Satan on YouTube and just have the video playing in the background. And as I'm telling, as I'm talking about the app as this podcast is going, I think that would be a great companion piece. Obviously it turned down the sound, but otherwise I think that'll work out because as I describe things, you'll get to see it and you know, as in the gameplay there. So that is my two cents there before we start. You ready, I'm excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me put my feet up, let me kick back.
Speaker 4: You never put your feet up in your life. Okay, oh, thank you stopping me off books. So that's all that's all I want, Not that I'll have a time to drinker now, all right, all right, So imagine you wake up in a world that uses black and gray as its primary colors. You are utterly alone in a hallway, connected to an endless series of rooms and hallways, never leading to an exit. Normally, the echoless sounds of your footsteps is the only sound accompanying you, but you get bombarded with random, nonsensical sound and musical notes. One of them is a blood curdling scream. You sometimes encounter a little girl panting and staring into nothing, but refuses to acknowledge you. This is Sad Satan, a mysterious video game with questionable origins. In order to get started on Sad Satan and why it makes for a fun rabbit hole conspiracy, we must begin with a YouTube channel called Obscure Horror Corner. So platforms like redead and four chan will make appearances for this story as well, but YouTube is the place Sad Satan was made public. The first time this channel, Obscure Horror Corner, began in January of twenty fourteen, and the final post before going completely dark was in the summer of twenty fifteen, so about a year. A year and a half actually a very short lived channel. Really. They focus on find and showing gameplay of what the title suggests. Obscure Horror and gaming titles you may or may not know which normally came from Japan are titles like Death Forest, Toy Maker, Sleepless Night, The Rabbit House. You know, weird tit weird games you never heard of, right, But they're all like super weird horror, you know. So anyway, Jamie, who is the proprietor of OHC, gave an interview on July of twenty fifteen to Kotaku, saying that a subscriber known as z K the letters Z and K led him to a bizarre video game called Sad Satan. It wasn't unusual for people, at least at this time period to take suggestions from their fan base, and Jamie was no different, so he took the suggestion of Saseitan. Now, if you're wondering as to why this random subscriber sent the Lincoln the first place, beyond you know awareness, z K claimed online it was because he was not able to play the game on his computer and was hoping to see the gameplay on THEHC channel, So that's what he said. To get Sad Satan, Jamie had to download the game via a tool like tour Are you familiar.
Speaker 3: With tour j the onion router? Yes?
Speaker 4: Deep Web yeah, which exactly, which is an open source software for enabling anonymous communication by directing Internet traffic through a worldwide worldwide network of thousands of relays making your activities private. Essentially, it's how you start going into the dark web. That's how. That's where it starts. Now from that Kutaco article quote. Something that the deep web is particularly good for, however, is anonymity. Users can upload stuff to something called Onion sites incognito, and anyone that accesses that content will have a harder time tracing the source. A little a while back, Jamie, the proprietor of the YouTube channel Obscure Horror Corner, says he dove into the deep web to download that mysterious game hosted on an Onion site. The file was called Sad Satan and it was a horror game that peaked his interest. It was, after all, an obscure horror game he could feature on his YouTube channel. After performing a malware check, the game was ready to play, and this is how Sad Satan came into his channel and finally to us here at the SOS. You're going to find that almost everything about Sad Satan is going to be strange and a bit convoluted. Obscure Horror Corner did a full gameplay run of Sad Satan in five ten minute videos very soon after the final video was uploaded was when the channel went dark, and this wasn't twenty fifteen again in the summer. Speculations on that Later, in an article on Sad Satan relating to that very gameplay by Vice, here goes quote rumor goes that a Sad Satan link was sent to one of the Obscure Horror Corner founders. He gave it a playthrough till the game started altering. His computer text began to appear, which was later translated to I can track you by by a bunch of redditors. Sufficiently creeped out, the game was deleted. The only existing footage of Sad Satan comes from five gameplay videos that were eventually posted. It's a first person hallway thriller in the vein of Giamo dol Toro's game PT but despite in some intense searching and theorizing on Reddit, no one can find out who made it end quote what do you think so far?
Speaker 3: I'm intrigued. I'm intrigued.
Speaker 4: Also, how much of us do you remember from like three years ago, four years back?
Speaker 3: I remember that website, I remember the game. Yeah, the different video game plays. That's the only footage we have is that with those game plays in an entity where we can't find who created the game deep web. I remember that. So yes, it's starting to come back a.
Speaker 4: Little bit excellent. To clarify, Jamie claimed that his notepad program would open involuntarily when playing Sad Satan and that it contained series of gibberish characters, but the only discernible part of the messages was when the number six sixty six appeared.
Speaker 3: Of course, of course right.
Speaker 4: Jamie said that he believed this to be an atmospheric touch to the creepy game, and while found this notepad activity weird, he wasn't deterred from playing only after the gibberish was translated. As to what I quoted by the Vice article saying I can track you, did Jamie scrap the game from his computer? It does bring up questions though, like did Jamie find the message after completing the game? He did post five clips about it? Did he get freaked out maybe and solidified his privacy settings further by using a different computer, maybe to finish the game later. We don't really know, but that's what he said. A link to find the game played by Jamie was placed on YouTube. Following the Kotaco interview, Our Sad statement was created on Reddit and people started going to this onion side. People saw that there was an invalid character in the link that was provided, and it led nowhere. That link had the number nine, which was wrong because hyperlinks provided by tor contains the digits two to seven, so nine wouldn't be included. This sent the Internet detectives to Jamie's Reddit and other social media accounts. They found Jamie had claimed his interest in making a horror video game of his own. So to many people right away, this possible fact led to much of the public seeing Jamie an obscure horror corner as charlatans for trying to generate appeal for a future project.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, Okay, so he's trying to generate some revenue.
Speaker 4: Right, that's what people think that he's doing. Ok the Internet, why trust it?
Speaker 3: Right? Exactly?
Speaker 4: Eventually, so think of like the marketing campaign that was made famous by the Blair Witch Project. Something like that. Wonderful kind of like that, right, Okay? Uh. Three days after the Kotaco interview, OHC came back for another to correct the link. Mishap. I'll come back to this later, but they did correct their little link thing.
Speaker 3: The Obscure Horror channel website, yes, well were YouTube site posted something else with it correctly.
Speaker 4: Right, correctly, and they fixed it and they kind of explained it a little later. But I'll come back to this in a second, because just before, like minutes before this update, a new version of Sad Satan was posted on four Chan by someone claiming to be z K the letters Z and K, supposedly the same subscriber of Obscure Horror Corner that had sent the original Sad Satan link. ZK made claims that the gameplay on YouTube that OHC posted was not the actual game he gave a link to. Oh that's what He claims that the real Sad Satan had notable differences. If you caught the lie, then you're paying attention, because how could ZK know that those gameplay videos were not real? Was not the real version of the game If he said that, the reason he could he needed, The reason he sent the link was because he couldn't play it on his own, So this was already a big problem there, so keep that in mind. But there seems to be a lie there anyway. People that downloaded this version, Harold it as at first as the real Sad Satan, found that they had problems playing the game, or worse, being able to use their computers at all. It was infected with a virus which caused serious lag and events into a complete shutdown. So this is way worse than the one Jamie had Obscure Horror Corner used. It wasn't. This version of Sad Satan was then at that time referred to as the clone version, so not the original clone. What little was, well, little that was actually access was found to be more night marriage than the original post on YouTube. The game was still playable, but not completely or not very well. It's said that the clone contained images of violent gore and child pornography. I did manage to download a video playthrough of this version from YouTube and immediately noticed the changes. Obviously the grizzly images were blurred out, obviously otherwise they wouldn't be on YouTube. This and more in a bit because of this person from four chanting the posting the clone version, people starting calling the one posted by OHC as the clean version of Sad Satan and that the more grisly illegal one may be the original. Coming back to that link error that Jamie provided. After his correction, people found out that it was a dead link, or that sad Scene was no longer accessible through that link, that maybe someone had taken it down. So right there, we don't know if Jamie corrected the link because he knew it wasn't there, meaning he took it down, or someone he knows, and then I thought it was safe to give this real link that leads nowhere or something else. Coincidentally, we don't know, but that's what happened.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: This raises suspicions. Of course, did Jamie Obscure Horror Corner delete the link? Like I said, If it was Jamie, the belief that this whole thing was a marketing stunt feels a lot more likely. Was it someone else? Maybe as they started seeing fast paced internet activity, you know, in order to play the original of Sad Satan, you know, where they're trying to keep them from the public from playing it. Who can say, we don't know. A bit later, Jamie from the channel came out and said that the reason he gave a fake link the first time was because that version of Sad Satan was too gruesome and had child pornography and wanted to show instead a clean version he had edited or that he found not entirely sure which but again, who can say for sure of the motivations. So a lot of weird lies that no one can corroborate, I mean not even us, like you know, because we're not there.
Speaker 3: Now you have z K saying the real version has CPL.
Speaker 4: Right, So people are coming out saying which is the real sad satan. So at some point, I think the Internet decided to have the one that was posted on the og channel to be the original and everything after to be cloned. So the other one is cloned, the child igraphy. I wanted to just call it the clone version, so because there was a lot of like stipulation, which is the original, which is you know whatever? So at some point people just decided the first one posted on the Internet is the original. Anything after that it's a different version.
Speaker 3: OK. But it's weird, yeah, as these Internet kind of yeah, creepy poxes.
Speaker 4: Are yeah, and conspiracies in general. Now, okay, it is time for a significant but very informative detour. This detour is part of the rabbit hole business and it adds some serious creep to this story. According to the Lubbic Avalanche Journal, a thirty two year old man named Gary Graves was sentenced to nine years in prison after admitting in August of twenty seventeen to viewing prepubescent child pornography on his cell phone. I know Graves's girlfriend called Lubbock police on him. According to the search warrant, the woman was keeping the phone as Gary was held at the Lubbig County Jail on an unrelated charge. The responding officers found several images depicting children involved in sexual acts with adults. Gary ran a YouTube channel called Scare Bear, a scare spelled the same bear as ber scare Bear, which had posted a video titled Sad Sad Satan two Sads. That video was posted on May of twenty fourteen, nearly two years before Obscure Horror Corner brought Sad Satan into the limelight. Now that video has absolutely no resemblance to the video game. A snippet from that video is on the show notes. The channel in question was traced back to a Reddit account that had been created just four days prior to the post containing the link to the clone that was posted onnfotune. The virus filled version with the sturbing images. The reddited account name was scare Bear z K. So Gary Graves was identified online as as a credited man in another video made on the channel to be the same person on the Lubbic criminal registry. This led to the educated assumption that Gary created or at least spread the clone version of Sad Satan.
Speaker 3: So is Gary z K?
Speaker 4: Yes, that is what I'm saying here, the clone being the fucked up version and his online id ZK being the person that began this whole mess with obscure horror corner in our slash creepy gaming. ZK types the comments saying quote Country Road twenty one hundred block fried Deck fourteen oh one, the truth is stranger than fiction. Unquote fuck zammy. So the message, I mean, it doesn't take the whole thing. That's a real address. Country wrote twenty one hund block Friday gets Friday December fourteen oh one is December fourteen, two thousand and one. Oh okay, okay. So this led me to an article which states the following quote, this is weird. December fourteen, two thousand and one. Lubbick Cooper High School student Kelsey Cook is killed in a single car rollover on South Indiana. Cooper's senior and friend, Bradley Madison, says quote within the quote, the driver was drunk and the passenger was not. Kelsey makes a fatal decision and gets into the car with a friend who had been drinking. Madison ads it could have been prevented by not letting teens under the age of twenty one drink end quote. The intoxicated drivers is named Nicole Crump, and she and Kelsey and Gary are of the same age and went to Shawwater High School together. Gary's federal arrest for the child pornography was led by his girlfriend at the time, Nicole Crump. It's impossible to figure out why Gary as z K posted that tragic teenage fatal car accident date on a Reddit post about sad Satan if he wasn't trying to throw some shade at his girlfriend, who you know, caused the crash in two thousand and one. What's really weird about Gary's YouTube account scare Beear is that his final post was in May of twenty fourteen, and Obscure Horror Corner began posting around January of the same year, so a lot of strange coincidental similarities here and that car accident, not implying at all here that ZK or Gary whatever that he did it. But he's obviously conduct to the person that was drunk driving that day, and he posted it on some random reddit for no reason. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's just to be weird, I guess. I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 3: I looked up a picture of him. He's weird looking.
Speaker 4: Fuck that guy, Yeah, I did. Way back when I first researched this. His account was still around, so I said to see someone.
Speaker 3: Was it really still around? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Saw some of his old videos. Nothing, nothing special, nothing hidden. He's not smart, but I saw his face more. Fuck that. You're right though, he's a piece of shit. But he's arrested, thankfully, shotgun right to his face. Right now, that's most of the background. Let's get into Sad Satan itself. I will be getting into a lot of the nitty gritty of this game, but there will be obvious cuts to some of what goes on. I will be staying within the five videos that were uploaded on YouTube by Obscure Horror Corner primarily, and then I'll get into some of the other versions of Sad Satan, but it should be said those are lesser versions because they are not the crux of this conspiracy. Really, some of the images I will be describing are on the show notes, as well as others I will not mention. So what the hell is this game? It's certainly ominous, but kind of barely a game. Much like I described in the opening, it's a first person experience and you're someone unknown. You don't have a name. You could be a last soul, a child, a grieving parent, or maybe you're Satan himself. Who knows. You walk down these hallways, these long hallways, and pass through some doors and meet a few static characters or NPCs along the way, but that's really all the activity. It's difficult to tell if you are on a set path or one of many. Like if you play it again, it will it be a different experience. It's almost amazed, but the goal doesn't seem to be finding a way out or searching for a specific person or item. The place is out of the place. The game is also ugly. It has very few colors and is more of an experimental showcase than a game. It features monochromatic corridors while various audio samples are played and looped over and over each other. Now, let's get into some of the audio of Sad Satan. Now, the bumper music you heard earlier is actually from the game. Here's a more completed version of that very sound. That child's voice you think you're hearing is actually meant to be played in reverse and coupled with the eerie ice cream truck music is from the Swedish rhapsody number station called the Cone Project. This is a Polish number station operated by the Ministry of Public Security that utilized AM broadcasting between the late nineteen fifties and the late nineteen nineties. This nifty piece of spycraft was mentioned on this show before, on episode sixty two.
Speaker 3: That's what it was. We talked about numbers.
Speaker 4: I went back to our own archives to find out what we're talking about. It took a while, I remember where.
Speaker 3: So listeners check out episode sixty two. That's right, number stations.
Speaker 4: That's right, that real thing that really existed was inserted into Sad Satan. Why let's first develop the pattern. Now, the closest time you encounter something resembling a musical score for the game. Other than that, you know ice cream truck music is when this pops up, I would say that hardly qualifies as a musical score. What did you think?
Speaker 3: It's creepy as shit, like it's the devil has an iggestion.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, that's a girl. He needs pepto. He needed, he need some pepto. That clip turns out to be a very very slow down and distorted version of a song from kmf DM.
Speaker 3: Kill Motherfucking depeche Mode.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: The song title is lynch Mob, which has a tenuous connection with Eric Harris and Dial Dylan Cleebold really uh huh, the two high school students that perpetray of the massacre at Columbine High School in nineteen ninety nine. There are pictures of the two shooters wearing KMFDM band shirts.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think I remember those pictures too.
Speaker 4: I remember too.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I don't know if KMFDM actually stands for kill motherfucking depeche Mode, but that's what they used to say. Yeah, and just to put it on record, I fucking love depeche Mode, So there we go.
Speaker 4: I also dig depeche Mo more than this band, I would say, but I was so I don't know this band very well.
Speaker 3: Was cool?
Speaker 4: But yeah it was cool and that is I must I just I think it went over my head at that time, Like I don't think I even knew they existed, you know what I'm saying. So an example of another slow down song that's that that is found to be in the Sad Satan is Alabama song by the Doors.
Speaker 3: Do you know? Can I?
Speaker 4: Yes? Go ahead.
Speaker 3: I don't mean to derail you. So I just put a post on Instagram today showing the whiskey here. Oh yeah, this song I played, played it. That was the Alabama song Whiskey Bar.
Speaker 4: I gotta tell you, Jay, I wish this provided more proof for the show to write it. I didn't write it in because didn't make any sense. But I went to a rabbit hole of the original of that song how that song was first made. It was a German song, you know what. No, I went into a whole rabbit hole just to find out anything meaningful that I could add to the show. But there there was nothing meaningful. Wert yes, but but there was a connection. There's something I'll tell you right now, but it's not like about the song's origins. You know, that's what my problem anyway. So Alabama's song by the Doors a famous cover song from your German original if it's If you're not familiar with that song, go look it up. It's a great interesting story because it was made nineteen thirties, right before Lancy's really took over.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: The creepy part emphasized in the game is when the song gows quote show me the way to the next little girl and then yeah, yes, that's the part that's highlighted in the game. Here's the clip from the game, but reverse so that way it makes sense. Okay, so we're back. So yeah, so that clip in the video game is actually reversed. I reversed it for you guys, so you guys can understand what the hell they're saying.
Speaker 3: Got it, got it? And that is exactly what Jim Morrison says that song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I you know, I knew of that song. I definitely wasn't a big familie. I didn't know it's a great song, but it's fun. I've heard it like in other versions of it. I've heard like a swing time kind of version of it. I've heard a star version. I think once. I can see that too, so but not not the original origion from Germany. But yeah, it's crazy. It's a crazy, fun song. It's a fun song with the if you listen to the original, no no, Lie, it's a creepy version, the German version of the German origin.
Speaker 3: It's in English, but itn't have to.
Speaker 4: It's weird.
Speaker 3: Cool's weird cool.
Speaker 4: Love it all right. I'll get into more of the bizarre sound clips, but I want to introduce another component to Sad Satan. As your character walks up and down the hallways, the player gets randomly hijacked with a full frame picture. It is unclear whether it is time based, meaning the specific or random photograph come at you at certain times no matter where you are, or if it's when you cross certain thresholds in the gameplay. Sure as such, one of the pictures is connected to the audio bombardments, though not at the same time. At just over the ten minute mark of the gameplay, the player gets a full frame picture of Jimmy Saville standing next to UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher sponsoring the NSPCC. The acronym stands for National Society for the Prevention of cruelty to children.
Speaker 3: Come on, just stop.
Speaker 4: And the disgusting irony is that shortly after TV icon in famous DJ Jimmy Saville died at eighty four, massive amounts of allegations came out of sexual abuse, which included, but not limited to children. Oh, I mean yeah, massive sunies will decades.
Speaker 3: The stories will turn your stomach and listeners have to understand how big this guy was over in the UK. Jimmy Saville was.
Speaker 4: Like Michael Jackson level for a lot of them.
Speaker 3: Massive, connected to every political figure you could think of, every person who is who in whatever they call Hollywood over there. Yeah, I mean he was fucking tied in.
Speaker 4: Which they can call it te town.
Speaker 3: I'm not really nobody, uh, which is why they say he was never outed until after his death because he was so tied in and so many people knew, and so many people helped him and covering for him. It is a fucked up story, it is. That's fucked up that they put that in that ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they put a full pank picture in your face next to Margaret Thatcher though that's all a very big political, you know, person in UK at that time. Of course, So the sound clip that accompanies. This image is creepy once you know this civille scandal.
Speaker 3: Nothing wrong with THEE.
Speaker 1: I'm wrong, Anny Louis Norm rot Sorosa.
Speaker 4: Nothing wrong with THEE.
Speaker 1: I'm wrong, Anny Louis Norm wrote, Sorosa.
Speaker 3: Nothing wrong with THEE. I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: Anny Louis Norm wrote Sorosa.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's the clip they used, which is extracted from an interview in twenty eleven. So he was already almost to death at that point. But yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Haven't broken any laws, have you none whatsoever? Right? But in reality he was the devil in carget.
Speaker 4: For a lot of people. Sure, a lot of victims, one hundred percent. Yeah, crazy, crazy wall, We're in there. There are other fucked up pictures. At some point you get the driver's license picture of Sutomu Miyazaki, also called the Otaku murderer, who in Japan raped and killed four little girls. Ralph Harris, a famous Australian who worked in UK television, even once alongside Jimmy Seville, was convicted of sexual I was convicted for sexual assault on four underage girls in twenty fourteen. This picture is of him in a Santa Claus outfit, surrounded by smiling children in what appears to be a promo shoot that looks a little like a stock photo. To me, is important to the time period we're talking about regarding Sad Satan because it cemmens the fact that the game must have been made no earlier than twenty thirteen, when when the Ralph Harris scandal began. Oh okay, I like that a little bit of it. No one ever talks about it, but yeah, the timeframe fits my point. So the Sad Satan is of its time. It wasn't made like so long ago whatever.
Speaker 3: Okay, which gives more authenticity to it.
Speaker 4: Like exactly a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Yes, and again, listeners can see these photos.
Speaker 4: In the show the shows. That's why I describe this, so you can see what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Creepy, They're creepy photos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely. Another notable picture is of famed and still working filmmaker Roman Polanski, who in nineteen seventy seven pled guilty to drugging and raping a thirteen year old girl and is currently a fugitive from the US justice system. Now, the trend here is pretty obvious crimes against children against the innocent. The gameplay itself reflects this. There's one notable NPC you meet in one of the quiet quarters. It's a little girl standing and looking down, but not exactly at the floor, more like through it, staring at nothing. She's heaving a bit, but not making a sound and not acknowledging you. After a moment, the quiet gets interrupted by a blood curdling scream. Now, don't worry. The Internet salutes found where that scream came from. And it's not someone getting tortured and murdered. Its stalk audio made by some woman for anyone to purchase and use. Thank god, yes, thank God, and now element it's implying right. However, in the context of where you are in the beginning game and you hear that, also extremely creepy. Elements of that audio were changed to a bit too dramatic effect, But it's nothing special other than the fact that the scream always gives me the goddamn chills, even knowing the truth.
Speaker 3: Now doosbumps all over my body.
Speaker 4: Every time listen to it? Mm hmm every time. Imagine playing this game for the first time from some questionable Internet source, Your alone in the dark, and the game constantly interrupts your lonely footsteps with weird looping soundscase and strange images. Now add that scream after meeting the one lonely girl in the game sad saying is very fun creepy pasta. There are a couple more things I want to highlight here. Here is the clip as it appears in the game, followed right next to each other. I'm gonna put them back to back, followed the same clip in reverse. That distorted clip is accompanied by an image of a white screen with a code that links to a song titled I Love Beijing Tianamen. People online have deduced that the song is from a cheap sn e s game called Hong Kong ninety seven, which showed, among other things like cuswords, which is unheard of back then, and a disembodied head of a Chinese stick tape. Besides that, a picture of a bloody corpse as the game overscreen. This dead person picture baffled people at first as to its origins, but was later discovered to be from something called Death File Yellow and Faces of Death, which are narrated documentaries that depict real and gruesome deaths. That song is famously sung by children, by the Way, and here's what the original sounds like. Yeah, so obviously this single, the original singer of this wasn't tortured or murdered or anything, but it doesn't just immediately invoked the obviously Tannamin Square and that whole horrible thing. But the fact that it's also famous each sung by children, and it's connected to this other video game and we're talking about a different video game, there's a there's definitely some creep connection there.
Speaker 3: So again, continuing that theme and harm.
Speaker 4: The children right a little bit. Anyway. The last thing I want to talk about in some detail, anyway, is something near to the Supernatural Current Studies podcast. Charlie Manson clips are notable in Sad Satan of course, right of course, right, why not? Manson needs no introduction, but at the very least in connection to the child abuse and child predators. Manson did recruit and sleep with young women often during his reign. This clip gets looped over and over during a portion of the gameplay.
Speaker 2: If I started murdering people, none of your left. If I started murdering people, did none of your left? If I started murdering people?
Speaker 4: That clip of Manson's maniacal ramblings is from an interview he did while incarcerated. A huge portion of that interview also plays in the game, but it's distorted. There are many other examples that were cut for time. When researching this weird game, I had a few important questions. What is the purpose of Sad Satan? Who are the intended audience? Who in the hell made this game? And other versions? Now, before speculating on who might have made Sad Satan's, I think we have to talk about on how it was made. I'm not too familiar with game making and anything with computer code, but I found that something called the Unity Terror Engine was used to make Sad Satan. Its purpose is to make horror games very simply. Games like Silent Hill the original course used this engine, for example. What's telling is that the engine is prized for its advanced mechanics that allows users with no coding experience to be able to make their game. This is interesting because of the little rabbit hole I'm about to lead you to. Scrutinizers online notice some strange inconsistencies with the videos on Obscure Horror Corner. They noticed overlaying issues where none of them should be. They noticed a few cuts. They noticed a few cuts made to the gameplay that doesn't quite match with what's supposed to be happening. The only weird thing I noticed is that the five videos don't connect very well with each other, meaning that where you are at the end of the first video isn't exactly where you start at the start of the second video, and so forth. It's pretty sketchy if you think about it. Doesn't really make sense now. The cuts within these videos that people talk about online I couldn't see very well. The monochromatic setting and old school pixelization nature of the game makes it difficult to discern those cuts. There were little glitches I couldn't explain, especially since we're supposed to be watching a solid, flowing play through video. But also remember, folks, this is before twitch and live streaming gameplay became a real thing. What's telling is that there's a picture, one of many, that pops up inconsistently to the rest and in what looks like a slightly different aspect ratio. This is in the fourth video of the playthrough. There's an added element concerning Jamie. Oh wait, sorry, it's kid myself, so this isn't the fourth video. The aspect ratio. I don't have a sample of this for you guys, but it's basically the same gameplay, but the aspect ratio changes for no reason. So what that does. So I don't know if you're familiar with video aspect ratios, but typically a movie stays in one aspect ratio the entire time, right, a video game largely more so. Sometimes they'll skip around to be fun or dramatic. But a game like this where you see ninety percent is one way and you see two percent of it not, it kind of throws It makes it look like you're watching something doctored. Okay, that's that's what people are saying online of this aspect ratio change. It's not the biggest deal. It just provides some shade on that original gameplay. It just it just makes it all suspicious, That's really it, because it's not like we can confirm any of this anyway, you know, anyway where am I? Okay? There is an added element concerning Jamie of OHC being inconsistent with what he was saying about the origins of SAD saying online many claim that there are sources of him stating that the subscriber z K sent him the link, while other times he claimed to have found the game himself on the dark Web. That's the problem, uh huh, nothing really quite fits. The more you dig into this story, I think this is just the nature of online based conspiracies. To recap a little bit here, a man named Gary Graves under the name z K and Scarebear allegedly sent a link to the Sad Satan to the Sad Satan game to Jamie of Obscure Horror Corner, which is where gameplay first appeared online. Gary claimed that he wanted to see gameplay of Sad Satan because he cannot play it himself for reasons unknown. Nearly all of the descriptions I gave on Sad Satan came from those five clips that posted before they themselves ghosted that channel. Gary soon claimed that this version was not the correct one, which makes no sense of course, if he couldn't play or see the game himself before sending the link. We mentioned all this already. Gary posted the so called real game on four Chan, where people found it very difficult to play due to the havoc that caused their computers. Gary said, quote what you've seen on YouTube isn't right don't believe that coward obscure horror corner. He did not show you what was truly in this game, z K. I did see some of that gameplay, and both versions look identical, except certain soundscapes are different or altered or come at different points in the game. Additionally, this real version contains images of gore, gory bodies, and child pornography. Those are the differences. It should be said that those images were blurred out in the gameplay that I saw, so I didn't actually see these things. Thankfully. I did manage to get some vague descriptions, and probably for the best. There's for example, there is a beheading, a body after being run over by a truck. There's a huddle child but with its head missing, and that image is on the show notes because I don't think it's at home. Wait what that image I sent you is for the show notes?
Speaker 3: A headless child?
Speaker 4: Yeah, a huddled child but with his head missing. It's not cut off, it's just missing. It's hard to describe it. You have to kind of see it. Do you know what I mean? There's an wait, wait, wait, I sentity is on the show notes.
Speaker 3: I haven't looked wait, so it's this isn't real there pictures?
Speaker 4: No, no, I don't, although I think the the other ones are like the one that's the car that's run over some guy. It's like an autopsy photo. It looks like those are in the show notes right now. No, no, not that one. I'm just describing what's in this fucked up version of Sad Satan. One of those pictures, the one I told you, is in the show notes. The rest of you all find them yourselves. Fuck, okay, anyway, Sorry, we're gonna get shucked down for this. No, no, no, no, so hold on, where am i?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Okay, there's an image that appears to be an aborted fetus with tribal tattoos. Don't ask me.
Speaker 3: That's that's straight out of the nineties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is that it's a tribal Of course, you make a joke. I dought you were like something serious. Luckily I have no descriptions of the child pornography, so thankfully I don't have that now. False claims on the Internet is nothing new. There are people that relish on spinning a tale for some semblance of credit or spotlight, not to mention the ones that have more substantial reasons, whether it's advertisement or of a nefarious nature. There is one question that people have had about Satan that remains for the most part unanswered. The first one being is oh. The main one being is that who made the fucking game? There are people who say that Jamie from Obscure Horror Corner did it without a shadow of a doubt. These people believe that he made Sad Satan and tried to make it look like he discovered it online, or in his case, maybe that a subscriber on his channel has sent it to him, that he was generating hits on his channel, which it did, or to advertise himself for a future horror horror video game he was gonna make, which Jamie said he was us.
Speaker 3: Did it?
Speaker 4: I mean you never as far as I know, No, I know what you're about to ask.
Speaker 3: Oh, No, I was just saying about his viewership. Did it? I mean, did it really spike when this it did spike? Or are we talking millions or no?
Speaker 4: No, but significant but not like you're right, it was a lot more than he's used to.
Speaker 3: But not so yeah, or mister beast right, But so if that's what he was trying to do, it did in some sport it did. That could be a reason.
Speaker 4: There are definitely holes in his narrative, though too many. It is a neat explanation because if Jamie made the clean and original version of Sad Satan, then he would definitely want to go Internet dark once a more nefarious version, the clone version was being passed around filled with the child pornography, so maybe it makes sense that they went dark.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he didn't want to be associated with it.
Speaker 4: Right before the clone version of Sad Satan's surfaced, this story barely merit any kind of real intrigue. People were sure of the truth. The cloned version through a wrench and made the mystery more substantial, and because it involves illegal and a moral things, it is also more intriguing, especially on the Internet, which brings us back to ZK. It's been established that ZK scare beear scare beear ZK is one person named Gary Graves from Love with Texas. He pleaded guilty to viewing and obtaining child pornography on his phone. He's currently in prison serving a sense of no more than twenty years.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Gary threw in that wrench onto the Sad Satan mystery in the middle of ohc's release of the gameplay. After the third video back in twenty fifteen, Gary posted a link on four chant that led people to his Sad Satan. Theoretically, his claim that OHC posted the wrong game makes no sense, but it does make Gary a suspect as to the creator of the original, if not at least the clone version, that his mission was to either claim credit or some kind of bizarre prestige for having made this much talked about game, or maybe to frighten and surprise people by the illegal images. Never believe that a stupid motive doesn't exist, especially online. Trying to capitalize on the whirlwind surrounding the clean version of Sad Satan is motive enough for this sickle to make his clone version, But could he have made the original as well. Many people, though not as many as the ones that believe Jamie did it, believe that Gary Graves is the author of the original, as the wiki page for Sad Satan names the author as z K not Jamie.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's just someone stating a thing we don't know because it's still wiki.
Speaker 3: It's not like.
Speaker 4: Fact, right, So that's what it says. Who else might be responsible. There are no other names to this story that come close to being the author of Sad Satan. Some believe that it is simply an obscure link that was found in a form post on the dark Web, just randomly, a place where games are rarely, if ever posted to begin with, It lacks an author because it comes from the dark Web, adding another notch to the mystery of the online underworld. Others say that the original was intended to guide send messages and child pornography to other pedophiles, a low rental cult version of a secret organization. However, there is one strong contender ab yet to mention that the FBI commissioned the making of Sad Satan. Oh hold on, now, yeah, what you would call a honeypot designed to lure pedophiles or potential criminal elements to the game. That the game has a backdoor program installed to track users' IP addresses, which may help to explain why many people's computers right were lagging and crashing after z K posted on four Chan. It simplifies things for people because it makes sense that Jamie could have altered the game once he found the illegal contents of Sad Satan, and that a furious Gary posted the real version to show others answering the who greatly explains the why. Yeah, yeah, so what do you think.
Speaker 3: I like that honeypot idea. That's interesting, funny, that is an interesting reason for the game. I don't know. So the the whole hubbabaloo hubb about the Sad Satan is basically the dirty version. That's that's what gets everyone drawn in the gore.
Speaker 4: It adds, it adds like a very special wrinkle to it.
Speaker 3: Now the child p all that stuff, that's what that's is that the crux of the Sad Satan thing. Why would someone create something?
Speaker 4: I think that's what elevated it to a conspiracy. That's what made it interesting. That's what made it big. It made both versions big.
Speaker 3: Really and and the fact that we can't pinpoint where this correct thing came from, who made it?
Speaker 4: And if we knew from the get go, this would have saw itself in one day and we probably wouldn't be talking about it today. Yeah, because we weren't have known about it.
Speaker 3: I means, listen, obviously it's fucking weird. Check the pictures in the show notes and research some of the people in those photos. It's horrible. I mean, these images are horrible, the people are horrible. Yeah, So why would someone do that? Is it an ar game? Like an alternate reality game? Is it? Is there more out there that we just don't know about that?
Speaker 4: I I think that I can say for sure. Is it from the same guy? I don't know, That's what I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because now you're going to have copycats and everything.
Speaker 4: I think someone might have, even like Sad saying it in some Persian is available to play on Steam. I think that someone made because why not? Why not make money?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, sure, yeah, no, I mean by now, yes, I don't know if it was now, but it was within the year or two of this story breaking down, and wow, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean, you know, we've seen some pretty weird stuff out there on YouTube.
Speaker 4: Yes, you have old abandoned I mean we mentioned the top of the show you posted yourself a weird thing that happened in real life on YouTube recently?
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah? Yeah, Santa or Aliens or you know these old banded YouTube channels that were some form of art project. Yeah, you know some guy made fifteen years ago and.
Speaker 4: He was Honestly, what I think of is that a Momo character, who was that creepy doll Momo? Yeah yeah, yeah, turn out to be some guy in Italy making a project and just trying to see what people would say. It was like very innocent and just whatever. And he took it down because it's people are too scared of it. He's trying to be wholesome. Like everyone's fucking freaking out.
Speaker 3: Just won't go to sleep it because of what I made it. Yeah. Yeah, my kids were the same way. They hated Momo. They're terrified.
Speaker 4: I can see it. It's carry.
Speaker 3: We actually did an episode on those viral Internet that's how.
Speaker 4: That's how I remember that.
Speaker 3: I think we talked about Momo there. Yeah, yeah, no, it's it's it is an intriguing story. Why someone would do this? Obviously, there's just there's a horrible underlying theme to the game with you know, yeah, injuries of children and hurting children. Why would someone do that? And the sounds, Oh my god. When you played the scream for me, I had goosebumps all over my body. I like it.
Speaker 4: I mean it's interesting.
Speaker 3: Are we going to have the gameplay in the show notes? No?
Speaker 4: The game plan is very boring. Honestly, the soundcause I've been showing you it's from the games, Like that's where they're coming from. And that's better than hearing footsteps. That's all it is.
Speaker 3: I'm picturing like a fucked up doom. Oh.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can say it's a fucked up doom, but just no, you're not carrying anything, You're not healing, you're not fighting anything. You know, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: So then that's the whole other angle too. What's the point?
Speaker 4: I know I'll get tomorrow right now, but yeah, there's that's that's what's hard. Also, like it doesn't seem to be a point. Wow, And that's whatever you add to it. I guess that's the point kind of thing, kind of I of the beholder. Now, personally, I find it difficult to believe that the FBI commissioned the making of Sad Satan, because Gary Graves would have been arrested for that, not from his girlfriend turning him in. Nothing about Gary's online activities were mentioned in his arrest report. Trying to find out who the target audience is for Sad Satan goes hand in hand as to who made it, which is impossible to confirm. If it was Jamie from Obscure Horror Corner, then it's a showcase piece of advertisement, something that generates clicks and to make money in fame eventually. If it's Gary, then it is the shavings of a lunatic, dumb pedophile that is looking for attention. My instinct from the start is that it is a warning, a politically fueled and hateful warning about children being abused, either by famous people or by people that were made famous by that kind of abuse. Sad Satan nearly works as a harsh and dark reminder to keep an eye out for the innocent, especially at the hands of beloved individuals. The game feels like a statement, a horror game for the uninformed about the innocent. I'd be the first to admit that I'm probably given this game way too much credit. But if a horror game, if a horror game is meant to scare you, then maybe Sad Satan did its job. It is a horror game, after all. Now, moving on, a question that often comes up when where about Sad Satan is that where did it get its name?
Speaker 3: Oh? Good, yeah, okay, this is a.
Speaker 4: Fun aspect to the story. So quote the game. Sad Satan apparently gets its name from the second or so of audio that loops over and over doing sections of the game. A backward clip led from led Zeppelin Stairway to Heaven. Uh huh. Supposedly, when played in reverse, one section of the song contains hidden messages in worship of Satan. Now Here is that loop from the game that comes from a famous led Zeppelin conspiracy long known before Sad Satan. I won't play the whole song in its original form or that part anyway, but the lyrics are as follows. This is when it's played normally. If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed. Now, it's just a spring clean for the may Queen. Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run there's In the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on. Let's play that clip in reverse and see if you catch the section it's towards the end that's in the game. I know it's weird. Now Here is how they are interpreted. Quote I got this from an article. Quote. Oh, here's a sorry. There's this transcription of what you just heard. Making sure Oh, here's to my sweet Satan, the one whose little path would make me sad, whose power is Satan, he will give those with him six six six Yeah yeah you heard that. Yes, yeah, there was a little tool shed where he made us suffer sad Satan unquote. That's what that's saying.
Speaker 3: Fucking fucked up right now, dude. I'm cleared head to toe, hair is standing up the That's all I wanted I heard. I would say seventy five percent what you just read I heard in that Badmaster.
Speaker 4: It is pretty legible. It's not like it's not a big leap to go there with this song.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, Also, there's a further connection with history here because who's the.
Speaker 3: Lead guy in that one, Robert Plant?
Speaker 4: I think it's him, one of them, one of the main guys, if not him, famously dated a fourteen year old girl. No, yeah, I think he married one or something like very young and it was more allowed because it was a seventies not allowed, but you know what I mean. Uh yeah, So, like the connection is there beyond just having a cool name from a reverse song.
Speaker 3: So what the fuck? I didn't know Robert Plant dated a fourteen year old?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, I mean that happens a lot. We just I just heard about Neil Gaiman, remember how things came up just now Neil Gaiman, Yeah, the author, Yeah, the other All these allegations are coming outgainst him right now. I know. I love his books. I do too, I like the I love all Nanci boys.
Speaker 3: What was the HBO show.
Speaker 4: American Gods American Gods the Stars? And then he also did good Omens on Prime And then there was that that Netflix one that's better I forgot the name of it. Sandman anyway, I.
Speaker 3: Don't want to go down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, we'll get to that minute. I know now, Yeah, I know. We're discovering as a real time folks. Anyway, So that's the portion of the thing about where the title comes from.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: It is clear, clear as day, super clear as day. Shed I heard it all, so I know we're almost one though.
Speaker 3: No good, I want us to keep going. I love this.
Speaker 4: So we are now moving on from that because there's no more to that title really.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: We mentioned that this story was part of another story released as a bonus episode in the past. Major parts of this story has been rewritten and a couple of things added, and other things omitted from the original. I did discover something that no one else has even brought up online regarding the Sad Satan conspiracy. Unfortunately, I could not find a way to confirm it, but it gave me more than a moment's pause, and I feel I must share it. It's about the titling. I don't mean where the title came from. We just went through that. It's pretty obvious, but more about why the word sad is in there. It's more than alliteration. Remember when I gave the background on Gary Graves and how two years prior to Sad Satan being discovered, he had his own YouTube channel under scare Bear. In that channel, he posted a video that again is available in the show notes, titled Sad Sad Satan two sads. This alone, while odd, is nothing special. Two months ago, in real life here I came across this movie called Red Rooms.
Speaker 3: We just watched it tonight.
Speaker 4: We watched it tonight.
Speaker 3: We just watched it tonight.
Speaker 4: Shut up.
Speaker 3: Oh great, then great, you're gonna literally just watch it.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be on ago, You're gonna be honest. Then it's a great mystery thriller about trial of the Century and a woman that's obsessed with the killer and the crimes. The guy supposedly we don't know, but allegedly maybe raped, tortured, and killed two teenage women while streaming it live on the dark web. The Red Room's right. The movie is great in my opinion, and part of what people gave it credit for is having a realistic outlook into the dark web and the uses of bitcoin currency and how it is often used for illegal means like those murders. Slight spoilers for Red Rooms, but at some point, the main character, who is proficient in the online underworld, she's like a hacker, gets on an auction site to buy the footage of the killing of one of the teenage girls. There's a countdown to the auction starting, and the page looks like the screenshot I took, and it's now in the show notes. It is a red and black image of a young girl and at the top it says thirteen year old Camille sad sad night. So this piqued my interest because the only other time I've ever seen the word sad use that way as a title anyway, is with Sad Satan, particularly Gary Graves YouTube video Sad Sad Satan. What does this fictional movie and this pedophile creep have in common? Well, if Red Rooms is well regarded for its accuracy into the dark web and then nefarious activities that occur, did they depict something real with Sad Sad Night? Gary certainly must have dipped his toes into the dark web, since he could be responsible for making an illegal version of Sad Satan, or at least finding it. Do pedophiles recognize Sad Sad titling on the dark web like something for them to look at? Like gizz Yeah, yeah, I was about I said, that is it their new version of the whole Pizza Manu thing or the McCary thing? Exactly right? Like I said, I could not confirm this whatso harbor, but man, it feels right.
Speaker 3: That is wild. Yeah, that's right, said I just watched this.
Speaker 4: That's great. That's a really good timing.
Speaker 3: Neil has a Sad Sad Night or something? Who is that a flag for other PDFs?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Pdf?
Speaker 4: Nice?
Speaker 3: Uh fuck, that's that's a crazy coincidence there. It is almost feels like it's two coincidental.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe right, I don't know. They're obviously years and years apart.
Speaker 3: I would look into that director.
Speaker 4: Maybe I did a little bit. I just couldn't find anything. I just couldn't. I don't know nothing, nothing told me anything like I could confirm it. I don't know, you know, but what a what an angle to come up with, right.
Speaker 3: It just came up really interesting.
Speaker 4: Good thing I remember that movie. Now here's the final bit. The way the game ends is as dark as the rest of it. After a while, you come across a room that you've seen earlier, which happens to be a mass burial room. This time there's children standing in a circle around you, including that little girl I mentioned before. You continue your journey and you find that girl again alone in a hallway. This time she does see you and begins hurting you and chasing you as you run. You take enough damage and you die. Since the game offers no way to defend yourself or heal yourself, kind of like a revenge for maybe being the adult in a place where children have suffered. Does that imply that the character you play is an abuser? Who can say?
Speaker 3: It? Certainly sounds like it, And the little girl finally gets revenge. Now, this is the little girl that has that.
Speaker 4: Horrible se yes, oh god, yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Certainly does feel like that you are the aggressor, you are the abuse her, and the victim finally gets her revenge, which kind of puts a whole new different twist or a light on that the game. Yeah, it's fucked up. But at the end, do the victims prevail? Is it a positive?
Speaker 4: I don't know who could say? Who could say? Man, that's what I got.
Speaker 3: Sad satan? What a what an interesting topic?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it not to be a really fun, really fun, obviously completely bullshit also kind of story, but it's a lot of stuff in it.
Speaker 3: There really is, And yeah, just check the show notes to see, uh, to see some fucked up shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, use that clip of the screaming as your RINGTEL find with that.
Speaker 3: I want it directly, we were saying when you let me listen, because I mean, I feel bad for Oscar because oh no, every clip you heard I would listen to as we're recording.
Speaker 4: Because I wanted fresh for you, you know, I wanted you to have a real time.
Speaker 3: No, I appreciate it, but now you've got to edit all that out to make it seamless. So I feel bad, But yeah, you're letting me listen to those those clips as we're recording here, and yeah, it's hard to listen to It's hard to listen to the Led Zeppelin stuff. Love it right, love that.
Speaker 4: I've never been a huge Zeppelin fan, but I don't have that connection to Zeppelin. But there's still a big thing. Yeah, for sure, I definitely.
Speaker 3: Know them, especially I mean stereoid to hea It.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's the biggest song, one of the iconic songs, top ten of all time for a lot of people, right, you know, so you could take a poll on that.
Speaker 3: And that shit was clear as day.
Speaker 4: So it's hard to say, like obviously what you think. You know, there's no end of that cap for this, there's no solution. We don't know who the author is. We'll never know. Probably it's also probably not that important. It looks more like a cheap stunt that happened to be fun to research, and it has a lot of interesting connections of crime and debauchery and conspiracy that we love to enlighten here. So I don't think it's like we lose or gain anything from this, you know. No, it's like personally, if another one comes up, then we can rehash this. But otherwise put it in the bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: Moving on to the next episode exactly.
Speaker 3: And I mean that that's what we like to.
Speaker 4: I mean, we have drones to worry about. Here another thing too, we have we have bigger fish to fry.
Speaker 3: Okay, but we research what what's fun withhn't?
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: Some some you like, some you don't like. It's okay. There'll be a next episode next month, another episode next month. So no, good job, thank you. I hope I hope the listeners like it.
Speaker 4: I hope so too.
Speaker 3: I liked it. I like this whiskey.
Speaker 4: Me too, Man, I really love this whiske. I'm gonna startdrinking at it right now.
Speaker 3: And maybe on the outtakes we'll talk about red rooms for a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yes, let's do that.
Speaker 3: Are we done?
Speaker 4: Are we done? Should I take you Jay? Take us home?
Speaker 3: I am taking you home.
Speaker 4: I just mean it's shady. I just it just felt shady. I didn't actually smell anything. I didn't smell anything. I couldn't tell anything. Nothing was ticking or whatever, you.
Speaker 3: Know, so nothing was sticky. Thank god.
Speaker 4: All right, that's the That's what I was looking for, because modern bombs do be ticking.
Speaker 3: No, I wanted to. There's a QR code on this bourbon nosing thing, and I downloaded an app and it's like a trial.
Speaker 4: It's oh, that's so annoying. I already I already hate this gift. I everything. I want nothing to do with it. What do you remember about that old show? I mean the sad saying. Do you remember things about it?
Speaker 3: I remember screaming.
Speaker 4: Everyone remembers that.
Speaker 3: That's definitely answered. I remember this.
Speaker 4: That's definitely in there. Don't worry, stop worrying, it's in there.
Speaker 3: How many times I have to tell you it's in there?
Speaker 4: I got that been recording. You sound good, Actually say something else to make sure.
Speaker 3: Some of these smells aren't smelling in this bourbon nosing kit.
Speaker 4: I do immediately regrad asking you to talk.
Speaker 3: Because it's wrapped, unlapped. It that one is wrapped.
Speaker 4: The lens cap was on.
Speaker 3: Could you hear me? Okay? Right, Devanilla smells good.
Speaker 4: First, before I tell you that, I have to tell you the story of what my roommate and I got each other, because on Christmas. You know this, how nerd we are? We have a Google doctor. We can both see.
Speaker 3: Shut the fuck up. Why are you laughing. It's supposed to be Christmas making.
Speaker 4: Hold on, you'll like this. You you said you have a prime wishless account that your wife watched the thing.
Speaker 3: So so yeah, it's it's not meant for Christmas. It's meant to put things in there that I want to get it.
Speaker 4: Then I take it back.
Speaker 3: I want to get an arcade down here. Cool. I found an arcade on Amazon are often put it is. It's a little bit smaller than an actual arcade, but still well, yes, because it has like Mortal all the Mortal Kombat's down there in a couple other games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you go to the story, you just have to measure with your.
Speaker 3: Hyd right, it's a Jason height.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I just went there because you said something. Anyway, So we have the Google doc where in different tiers, so from you know, up to twenty five dollars Lego sets, and then from twenty five to fifty that we want, mind you, and then fifty to seventy five, seventy five to one hundred and then one hundred plus and one hundred plus could be up to whatever the most expensive onness, and on Christmas we get each other a set in the one before the light of the final one, so seventy five to one hundred range. And we have a like I said, we have a list, I pick one, and she doesn't want I'm picking. She picked something. I don't know what she's picking. She picked the Bumblebee Transformers one for me.
Speaker 3: Remember you mentioned that.
Speaker 4: She gave that to me, But my mom also got me that on Christmas, so obviously the wires were crossed there. So what I ended up doing is that it's just not to be great because I went to Schomberg to the Lego store there in Woodfield, sorry, and I went there to return it and exchange it and see what I can find for thirty dollars more. At that time, I was able to get a set that is discontinued online already, So it's the Icons Disney's Villain Villain set. It's like all the villain stuff. So it was like a VHS version of Aladdin Jafar and then Ursula with her thing and they aloisoned Apple from It's like all it. It made to look like a bookshelf. It's like this high. It's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Did you do a build on TikTok No?
Speaker 4: I haven't done that yet yet. No, not yet. I'm doing I'm doing like three others. I'm doing the bumb movie right now. I'm shooting that, I'm shooting all these other things. But yes, I think it's all bullshit. I think it's I think it's fake. Everything on TikTok is fucking fake or ai you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I said, get rid of it. I don't think there's any point to it. Get rid of it.
Speaker 4: So legit. You're both right and wrong in the sense the right and everything is said. You're right, I'm sure you are. What you're wrong in is that you are being completely guided to have very specific types of videos pop up on your feed. You are. I get very different. I see a lot of other people's feed. They get a lot of weird shit. I don't get that. I get a lot of cute fucking.
Speaker 3: Cat videos really, Oh no, not me.
Speaker 4: I get a lot of cue animals. I also get a lot of like real nature stuff like blinds attacking zebos. I also get a lot of like engineering degree stuff that I looked up before, just randomly on some of them that look really interesting. They're real as far as I know. So yeah, I get very different things.
Speaker 3: Than you do. So what is it. Do you think it's taking because I use Jason Knight, So do you think it literally searched my name, found the Supernatural Current Studies podcast and.
Speaker 4: Put your age in. Yeah. Also the fact that you're you know, the way you talk about it, you probably mentioned your disdain for TikTok, maybe has immediately pagaged some sort of anti culture kind of old man. I don't know, I don't know what it's doing. I'm just saying that you're right, but you're also wrong.
Speaker 3: No, I get it, And I know there's people who make a living out there and stuff.
Speaker 4: Like oh yeah, I mean I also post. I mean, I you know, they say a thing like one person tried this out and I looked up her account. It it was real. I don't know if what she said was real, because you don't know for sure either, but what she said is that there's like a saying that if you post every day, no matter what on TikTok, you can generate income. Almost it doesn't matter what you're posting, because that's all inconsequential. Fame on TikTok is or fame online is it's so inconsequential. We've lamented in the years of doing this show where we see like how did this guy make millions of dollars? All he does is talk about action figure, you know, I mean, like, how does that happen? Like, because it's all in a weird, random vacuum. You don't know what's going to blow up or when with who. Nobody can ever predict that, right, so that that same applies to TikTok. But it's all this One girl said, like, you know, she heard if you apply every or make a video every day and post it one to day, you can generate some money. And she did. She did say, like, yes, I did actually make some money. It just didn't make nothing to live on, nothing, nothing like that at all. But like there is something to that, but not exactly the way people are saying either, because obviously people will be doing it more often.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so's it's hard to it's hard to make sense of it. I get it.
Speaker 3: I just remember so many times that Talia came to me or Nico came to me now now Nico and asked me about stuff that they saw on TikTok, Like, Dad, is this real? Do you think it's true?
Speaker 4: Is there you can you think of an example that something that's blatantly falls that they thought was true.
Speaker 3: It's been, it's been. It's been a while. But no, I can't.
Speaker 4: But you let them on it, right I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Nico's is monitored. Talia's, I mean she's sixteen, you know, Katie still she watches. But is that really good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They taste like think about pancakes with butter and syrup. That's what that tastes like to me.
Speaker 4: I can see some of that they did good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just blatant bullshit stuff And do you think it's real? Don't believe it? Don't believe that? Ship.
Speaker 4: Well, that's the downside of you know, we talked about how technology or certain parts of technology like your phone or whatever, is an extension of Nico's body and he can use it much better. This is also the downside of that, is that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but of of course when I and when I pick up TikTok, he gets banned, So there you go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that dude, that's the first thing I thought of was you. I almost texted you and stuff, and like, what the fuck did you do? Jay? You call the get off elon Commission and fucking I don't know that's what you see. You started fucking what do you call it? Oh man, what is that political thing where people give money to congressman bobbying? You start a lobbying for it. I can think of the word here.
Speaker 3: Let's let's just just for the S, S and G. It's just two seconds. Let's see what is it? My fee cop tries to arrest undercover FBI agent. This motherfucker is not an FBI agent. Okay, it's all bullshit.
Speaker 4: I've seen those before first missions.
Speaker 3: So the aliens have landed in the golf of Mexico. Yet, no, they didn't. They did not land in the golf of Mexico.
Speaker 1: Shut up, everybody, language, we studying it.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe that guy's Are these UFOs proof that we're in a simulation? No, we're not in a fucking simulation. And it's really questionable if there's UFOs now, large organic mothership at Walmart oscar tracking at the end, this is a large organic mothership at Walmart. It's not. It's bullshit. Okay, so bullshit? Oh is this the age one?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: Wait, wait, hold on, wait, I'm gonna fay with on my I'm not show you that someone who uses the phrase, it is what it is. Trust me, they are dangerous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not Matthew McConney saying that it's AI. Yeah, it's bullshit, of course, bullshit.
Speaker 4: Now, by the way, all of this is originated, and there's a lot more on Facebook. By the way, all this is on there too.
Speaker 3: Is it really? Oh yeah, worse than this?
Speaker 4: About the same, I would say, so, I look, maybe not worse, but about the same.
Speaker 3: Ten videos. I would bet my life seven of them were fake.
Speaker 4: Here's mine. It's just so much different. I mean some of that is in here too, but not much.
Speaker 3: So it's just TikTok or Facebook gen X.
Speaker 4: This is a skit gen X in nineteen ninety five about comparisons of generations. So it's just funny. I'm not which I know obviously that's trying to add for sabanth Bro.
Speaker 3: We watched the first episode tonight.
Speaker 4: I saw it at three in the morning. Fuck you're crazy, No, you're crazy. Hold on, hold on, hold on. Another skit, I'm dealing with a bipolar man. Another podcast of two guys talking about funny shit, like they just do snippets from their shows. There our seven billion people in the world. Everyone, this is a show. This is a scampana show, not a news article, TV show or a movie they're promoting. I know it is because just describing a movie family guy skid.
Speaker 3: Okay, I get it.
Speaker 4: I don't get anything like fake news.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's interesting, man, yea, we should do something on that because that's interesting.
Speaker 4: We've done the algorithm chats before.
Speaker 3: Well no, did we know? No?
Speaker 4: Not like not like whenmember we talked about like, oh, let's see if we can summon our own product placement by mentioning. That's like what we did. Okay, it didn't work out. I don't think we never touched back, but never did. It's right, but you remember, you're right, that was but it wasn't like a real in depth thing. Also, what did you hate about sevens?
Speaker 3: Dude? It's just one of those shows.
Speaker 4: It just it just came back. I mean, how do you know you're gonna hate it?
Speaker 3: You have to watch it because I could tell already that it's gonna be one of those shows, just like the first season where it's just gonna leave you hanging. It's just gonna leave you hanging. It's gonna get stranger and stranger, and you're gonna begging for answers.
Speaker 4: Never I guarantee, well no, I mean, I mean yes, but like it's a puzzle show. What did you expect answers some answers. Wait, Wait, first of all, I mean I don't have the wherewithal right now to give you a point by point thank I would.
Speaker 3: You got to catch up. There's because even we.
Speaker 4: Were well no, I saw the first episod.
Speaker 3: We were hooked.
Speaker 4: I saw the first episode.
Speaker 3: No, no, you got to catch up from the last season, Like, do you remember everything that happened the last season?
Speaker 4: I saw it last week.
Speaker 3: Well, Katy and I were looking at the whole thing when we saw the recap, We're like, I don't remember any of this. You know, Oh I did so. And then you know this first one fucking completely off the wall, weird.
Speaker 4: Like it's always been that weird.
Speaker 3: I like off the wall and weird as long as I know there's a payoff coming there. And I know there is no payoff coming, dude, I either guarantee it. Let's let's let's do a friendly wager. I don't know, well I don't.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you're sad to hate something, and then the wager and if two of them saying, if you're the wager is that you're gonna not hate it by them, I mean you, that's up to you.
Speaker 3: My wager is there's gonna be no payoff.
Speaker 4: Oh I mean okay. First of all, I die again. I don't have all the information I had to give you a point by point thing. I would love to. But I know for a fact that half the mysteries of this first season were solved in the first season. It's just that they then ask more questions based on the answers they give you, and I think that's what a good puzzle box is. They increase the world. They expanded as it goes along. I just saw the season finale of Silo season two. That's another puzzle box show and sci fi. It's it's awesome. I love it. I was so worried everything hind you in the last episode, because that's how they are. Puzzle boxes always hand on the left final episode, and I thought, I did wonderful. What it did is it opened up the world further. But almost all the questions I had about some of the stuff, not everything, because they can't answer everything. Yeah, was explained, was answered, and that's that's how Severn's felt to me in season one. But again, I don't know. I mean, maybe wait, maybe, maybe wait until the season's over and then try watching a few more and that wait week by week, and maybe maybe that would be more enjoyable for me, for you, it could, because puzzle boxes are hard.
Speaker 3: We're not going to stop. Yeah, but I could already. I just I have a feeling.
Speaker 4: It's just that it's way too early for me to say this sucks. This season sucks. It's way too early for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, you're right, You're right.
Speaker 4: So that's just my opinion. But I hope you get back into it because I'm not like afraid from it at all. I'm like, I want to see what's next. Yeah, I saw the episode. I saw what Mark did. I think a lot of I think a lot of people are lying to his face. The whole Helly thing. That was a wonderful angle. I did not see the coming. Is it actually Helly? Is it is it? Has it been any Helly or Audi Helly? Like like, I don't think we've been seeing Helly this episode, you know. I'm saying, like, there's so many great ways you can think about it. I can't wait to find out what happens, like, I think that answer will get by in the season.
Speaker 3: Did we find out an episode season in season one that Patricia Arquet was his wife?
Speaker 4: No? No, patrillar Hare was no one's wife.
Speaker 3: They said it was his wife in this episode the first episode of season two.
Speaker 4: Who said that.
Speaker 3: When one of the characters whose wife No, yeah, yeah, that Patricia the first Cobell Cobell, Yeah, Cobell was Remember Cobel kind of had a she had this weird thing going for him.
Speaker 4: No one said that. What you talk about that scene when Milchak talks to Mark, is that what you're talking about, like when he's in charge, she's new to the office, he's at the old Cobel office. Then he's talking about how he's basically him and Luman are distance and of the South. I'm putting all the blame on Cobel of what happened. They're going to pull everything on her because she just got fired and she's crazy and no one knew that she was so involved in Mark's asse's real life, right.
Speaker 3: Which becaulse didn't they say that was his wife though, that's why she was involved. I thought that's No one said that positive he looked at each other like what.
Speaker 4: No, no, no said Now Mark has mentioned his own wife, I think, but not Cobell. And he talked about how Cobell and Mark Iaudi knew each other because he was there at the party when he woke up in it last season. But that's it. There's no one. No one mentioned that there was that he's there related like that. Yeah, I mean, I don't know how to tell you it's didn't. I mean, I'll watch it again, but I am positive I didn't say that.
Speaker 3: Well, there was something with where we looked at each other like, wait, today.
Speaker 4: I think Cobet was going to come back. She has to. That's a big that's a big name. But like, I just don't think it'll come back in any way of saying like oh I was Marcasa's wife, sweet told and plus she was hurting his neighbor. Both versions of Mark don't like Colbell that way. You know what I'm saying. So there's no way that's true.
Speaker 3: Well, what do you think said? What do you think the company is?
Speaker 4: Oh? I think it's uh.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: First of all, I completely think it's a corporate thing. It's like it's like a gigantic corporate like Amazon, like any of those, like Elon Musk what's his name company? Tesla, like a Tesla type, right. I think it's like one of those, except that it's a it's a two big to fail type like Apple. And that add that to it is that they have this strange analogy. That's the two That's the only real difference between our real world and the real corporate gigantic people or companies is that they have attack that we don't have. As far as I know, that's the only difference. I think. The rest of it, it acts just like corporate, like the you know, you know, ever seen them, You've ever been to a job and a manager will tell you, like, we're like family here, right, Like everyone's like family, right, But they don't actually treat anyone like family. It's like it's like Lumann took that to heart, you know, and made it a cult for themselves. Like the way they think of themselves. They're so grandiose, so egotistical.
Speaker 3: What's the name of their god.
Speaker 4: Egan, Well that's the family name. Egan's the Egans. Okay, yeah, exact me. I've seen the first season three times and over the last year Wow. Yeah, I love that show. I've been on all the Reddit chats. I've been fucking speculating with everyone and it's been it's been fun.
Speaker 3: Did you see what they did in New York?
Speaker 4: Yes? I did. That showed me that. That's one of the first things when they opened, so like, yeah, it was pretty cool. I saw that in like four different angles which characters were doing it? All four?
Speaker 3: It was a four. Yeah, it's pretty cool. Are you ready for more? Oh?
Speaker 4: I will be dude. I love my favorite. One of my favorite parts of on the Helly reveal is who is I'm bad with the names? I know Mark Helly, Bert No Berths. Yeah, the guy with the glasses, the black guy in the group. Forget his name. I can't believe I forgot his name. Yes, when Milchik offered him to have family visits with his Audi family, Oh fuck? What does that mean? Is that real? Are they gonna be anymatronic? I don't believe any of that, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's right? Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: And my point is they just got me excited for more.
Speaker 3: So No, that's good. What was the big Helly reveal? Again?
Speaker 4: The reveal is that when they're all sharing what actually happened when they're when they when they visited their audis, she lied completely. She's like, I was in an apartment all by myself, that's right. Obviously not so either. They tortured her to convince her to fly for Lumen and not tell them that she's an Egan or it's actually Egan. It's actually Helen not Helly. Oh that's what I think.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: I don't know, because what what did happen to her? When she remember she woke up in the body of an Egan? She turned out she was one of the Egans. She's literally going to be the next CEO of Lumen.
Speaker 3: Don't even remember that?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that was the last episode in the season.
Speaker 3: Yes, we both of us didn't.
Speaker 4: The whole thing ended with them being The whole episode was an entire episode where three of the four were living their audis lives and their whole purpose was to let people know that they're being tortured down in the seventh floor. That's the whole thing they went to do. They did this heist where they they you know, they got themselves free for forty five minutes or whatever it was. And Helly turned out to be the CEO's daughter of Lumen, and she went up to talk to all these people and some sort of grand gala thing that she was a part of. Oh I do remember, because she participated in the seventh program to make up like, oh, we see how safe it is. The next CEO is gonna be in it. You know, it's gonna sever herself. That's how wholesome and normal we are, you know, right. But it's all fake, of course, because obviously she is tortured down there. Helly hates herself. She try to kill herself, right, And so when she goes up there as Helly in front of all the cameras and all those people she starts telling, she just yells out like, hey, we're being tortured down there. It's not a great help us.
Speaker 3: I gotta go back.
Speaker 4: That's how it ended. That's why. Yeah, when she'd lied, I was like, fuck, you know.
Speaker 3: Got it.
Speaker 4: That's how I felt.
Speaker 3: And Katie was when they caught it. She looked at me and she's like, that didn't happen. She's lying, right, Yeah, So okay, I gotta go. I gotta go back and watch. Yeah, we're gonna stick with it. I'm gonna stick with it. Okay, what we thought?
Speaker 4: That's the point, you know, that is the point. We nailed it. That's why part of why I made my top ten and why I love the mood so much is because she susphins the entire time. You're not supposed to understand. No, you don't. She's implacable, dude, even up to her last decision. I don't know why she did it.
Speaker 3: I don't know that she did it either, but she did because our whole thing was, well, was she good or was she bad? You know? And we we don't know because like.
Speaker 4: My personal thing is that I think she had a fetish very specifically, you think she liked it. Part of the whole dressing up in the courtroom was that for me, that was a big for play, spending all that money, all of her money, she spent all of her money on that video.
Speaker 3: Well, okay a couple so, because that was her whole debate was was she good or was she bad?
Speaker 4: She also negleckted and just threw away her career for this too.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah gone. So Katie was like, no, she's good because she she bought the video, she got the proof, she put him in prison. I'm like, no, you're You're totally right. It seems like what she did, But why did she sit on that bed? Why did she go like this, take those photos like a fucking creep in that you know what I'm talking about in the third victim's bedroom.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: To me, that blew it out of the water.
Speaker 4: I think she I think she gets off on it. I think she's setting up all these pictures of herself and that and that in that specific spot, after what she did, after exactly what she saw. I think she has enough fapping material for the rest of her life, and I think she was doing it all for that. Now now that she was done, she's like, fuck this, God, don't need him anymore. Gives away the evidence. That's what I think she's doing.
Speaker 3: So she's bad. I do think she's so now going to the cody.
Speaker 4: By how coldly she also dismissed that other person. I mean, she tried to kind of be friends with her, but the bigger care she's very like sociopathic. Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: Did you see she has arm pity here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's very French French, I know, disgusting French Canadian, but yeah.
Speaker 3: The courtroom thing.
Speaker 4: I didn't you know, you never minded my arm pit.
Speaker 3: Sorry, because when she was playing racquetball the first time, like is that arm put here? I don't know, Oh my god, and then she's like, oh, yeah it is. So when she was in the courtroom when she dressed like the little girl, I was into it because I'm like, Oh, she's trying to get she's trying to get a reaction. She's trying to show the jury a reaction to this this girl. She thought she was trying to I thought she was trying to elicit a response from the murderer so the jury will convict. That's what I thought. I'm like, oh, this is a good thing.
Speaker 4: I see, that's a good I think No, I was thinking.
Speaker 3: After the bed, I don't know if that was a good thing. Now. I think it's more what you're saying she was getting off undressing like this.
Speaker 4: I mean, I've never seen a movie explore the people that go and marry the serial killer once they're in jail. That's what we're watching, except this is a different version of it. So you just we never get the exploration before and a character like that, and it's the first movie that I've ever seen that do it because you never see their point of view.
Speaker 3: So you think she was in love with him, I think to.
Speaker 4: An extent, but in love with his actions, what he did and part of this and the fact that the scandal is like all over the country, it's also part of it. The fame of it too, it is probably part of it. That's what I think. I mean, everyone had their khame, but yeah, I mean she went to those extremes and the other girl was just completely just misguided.
Speaker 3: She's a groupie, like a group of.
Speaker 4: Misguided and she saw the video. She knew. Oh yeah, she knew. She left right away. She's like, okay, yeah he did it. This is saw the eyes right, those eyes and Angela no More.
Speaker 3: Walked or something. Yeah, the way he walked