Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, Tam Chase.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and welcome in too, Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: Hope you're well on this Saturday night.
Speaker 2: You're Los Angeles Dodgers, ninety two and sixty two on the season, first place atop the NL West. The magic number to clinch the division is four. After a win over the Rockies last night, the Dodgers look to see that magic number go down even more tonight. Walker Buehler on the mound, first pitch coming up at six ' ten. Coming up over the next hour here on Moronco Casino Dodgers on Deck, we got a lot to get to. You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We're gonna dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vatsego goes one on one with Rockies third baseman Ryan McMahon. Well, you've got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, we'll check in with Kirsten Watson. In a couple of minutes. We'll just head out to the gallupin Motors Broadcast booth and check in with Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday. Well, last night it was a bullpen game, but home run derby for the Dodgers offense. Dave Roberts' rotations battled through the injuries no doubt here as we limped the finish the Dodgers bullpen. Last nights it was a bullpen game. Ryan Brazier at the start. He went the one inning, followed by seven different relievers out.
Speaker 3: Of the bullpen.
Speaker 2: The Rockies jumped out to an early one to nothing lead in the second, and Charlie Blackman, a solo home run in the fifth gave the Rockies a two to nothing lead. The Dodgers offense, meanwhile, took a turn around the line up to figure out Rockies left tender Kyle Freeland. Finally the fifth Andy Pajz started off the inning with a bang.
Speaker 4: Down the road in San Diego. The Podres and White Sox still scoreless. In the bottom of the sixth, PI haz rips one deep ti left field lead Pavilion. Andy Piz the home run.
Speaker 5: Here's the eleven and that gets the Dodgers on the board.
Speaker 2: It is two to one, eleventh toll run of the season for Paz. That's the top tier play the game sponsored by Arco quality top tier gas for less. Dodgers down two to one, but they were just getting started. Two batters later, Max Untsey a double. Two batters later, Shoey Otani a two run home run is fifty second of this season. It was Otani's twenty seventh home run at Dodger Stadium, tying in with Cody Bellinger for the most home runs at Dodgers Stadium in a single season.
Speaker 3: Dodgers a three to two lead. The lead though didn't last long.
Speaker 2: Sam Hilliard his solo home run the sixth off Alex Vesia, and the game was tied at three.
Speaker 3: Bottom of the six.
Speaker 2: Dodgers regained that lead to Oscar Hernandez with the breath of fresh Air moment of the game.
Speaker 4: One old pitch, swang on hammer, deep tail, left way packet cause it is gone and with one mighty swing, the Dodgers have retaken the lead at four to three, and Tioscar then this with home run number thirty, a thirty home run season porti.
Speaker 2: Oscar home run number thirty for tay Oscar, Dodgers regaining the lead. The breadth of fresh Air moment presented by a Tara mechanical looking for reliable heating and air conditioning services here in southern California, look no further than a Tara Mechanical, your trusted partner, Omar and Britney the founders. They are great people. Their service is more than just a solution. It's a breadth the fresh air from the moment you call to the completion of your project. A Tara Mechanical delivers fast on a service at a fair price. Dodgers up four to three. They would add to that lead in the seventh Mookie Bets to Sackfly Dodgers up five to three. Then tay Oscar Hernandez an infield single scoring Otani, the Dodgers up six to three. Dodgers would go on and beat the Rockies six to four. Last night, three different Dodgers going deep, including Otani, Alex Vessi, the win, Michael Kopek to save as a bullpen game for the Dodgers proved to be successful. Dodgers now ninety two and sixty two, their magic number down to four. Tonight they look to lower that number with Walker Bueller on the mound, first pitch coming up at six ' ten and with more we head out to the Galpin Motors Broadcast booth as we welcome in Rick Monday and Tim Nevertt.
Speaker 4: Guys, Tim, thank you very much. Nast night at Dodgers Stadium. It's going to get down into the mid sixties before we're finished this one tonight is we are the last day of summer, on the way to fall tomorrow. But the Dodgers looking for win number ninety three. They start tonight ninety two sixty two, thirty games above five hundred, still four ahead of San Diego with a magic number of five to clinch their twelfth divisional title in the last thirteen years. Meantime, the Rockies fifty nine and ninety five trying to avoid tying a franchise record they set last year with one hundred and three losses.
Speaker 6: They're thirty three.
Speaker 4: Out in the National League West. The pitching matchup tonight Walker Bueller one in five against Cal Quantrill. He is eight and ten and mo Last night, the Dodgers took care of business.
Speaker 6: They didn't get off.
Speaker 4: To the fastest start, but they started to get going about the fifth inning or so, when Andy Pie has led the fifth inning off of the home run and then show Hey Otani put on another show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the three home runs. They come from behind victory if you will, because they were trailing early in the ballgame two to nothing, come back they scored the fifth, to sixth, the seventh. How about this for two games to show hey Otani. Of course, that monstrous game the final game down in Miami. So Otani with the three hits last night. So the last two games, he's only nine for ten, four home runs, twelve RBIs, two doubles, three singles, two stolen bases, and by the way, he's also scored six runs.
Speaker 4: We're talking about maybe the best single game performance in the history of Major League Baseball Thursday. How about the best two game performance.
Speaker 7: It's unbelievable. And last night, what a nice gesture it was as well, when Otani came to home plate, obviously a standing ovation from a very big crowd to begin with, including his teammates who came out of the dugout to also join in the standing ovation. It was really kind of a special moment. And this has been a special player for the Dodger ball club this year and now for Otani, he would get his first taste finally a postseason play. So he's off to a very good start. The other part, too, is if you look at this Dodger ball club, Dave Roberts I mentioned this last night, has done a marvelous job. He and Mirk prior the bullpen, they're actually the pitching coach in moving the workload around. Because the Dodgers with an opener last night, Ryan Brazier wound up using eight different pitchers to lighten the load of everybody last night.
Speaker 4: And you know, you never know in the postseason we might see a game like that because they're going to have four starting pitchers, just depending on how things go, how deep they go. That might have been a dress rehearsal.
Speaker 7: And will the Dodgers have four starting pitchers, I mean that is still up in the air. We see Walker Bueler going to throw tonight. They need a very good performance by Walker Buehler again to be able to show us that, hey, wait a minute, to count on me for postseason in that starting rotation. There's still some ups and downs as far as decisions to be made with this Dodger ball club. But as you mentioned, that magic number is five. That's where they want to be to win the Western Division. Already guaranteed postseason, but they wanted to be number one in the West.
Speaker 4: Gotta beat the Rockies again here tonight. They have won six of eight against Colorado this season and have dominated this series. You go back to the start of the twenty nineteen season, the Dodgers have won sixty two of eighty eight against Colorado.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and they need to take advantage of the Rockies. I mean fifty nine and ninety five. Also, you look overall, they've hit only two forty one. Being the Colorado Rockies, they have the lowest average of any National League team on the road, just two seventeen. So try and take advantage of it. But one thing about it, the Rockies, they're professionals. They're here in the major leagues for a reason. They're gonna try and beat the living tar out of the Dodgers if they see an opening and try and take it. Remember last night they got off to an early lead.
Speaker 4: The Mets beat the Phillies today six to three, so the Philly is now a half game behind the Dodgers. As far as the best record in the National League, Dodgers with a wins to night would take a full game lead and again looking for the best record in the National League. To become that number one seed Dodgers and rock It's Cal Quantrill for Colorado against Walker Buehler for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor, or to your Shaky's Pizza Shakin and Mojos right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We will check in with David Vase. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But up next you're O Tawi Rewinders.
Speaker 3: We also visit with.
Speaker 2: Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA. We're leading you up to first pitch. It's O Tany T Shirt Night, Dodgers Rockies. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Lorono Casino, Dodgers.
Speaker 3: On Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Rockies on this Saturday Nights show. He ow Tawny T Shirt Night, Walker Buehler cal Quantrill. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at sixteen.
Speaker 1: This is the.
Speaker 4: Rewide and the pitch swung on there. It is in the right center of base hit. Otani is a board. How long before he takes off for second? Three two pitch, he swings hits a drive to center. This ball's back. He has number fifty two. That show hell, Tony, I go my head home round and the Dodgers leading three to two, swung out on the ground ball the first diving stuck by Tolia. He runs to the bag and Otani beats it out for a single. A ground ball to first and Otani's got a base hit.
Speaker 6: Here's the pitch.
Speaker 4: There goes show Hey for second base.
Speaker 1: Pitch in for a strike.
Speaker 6: Who's got another stolen base?
Speaker 2: Show Hey, Otani three for four, home run, two RBI is another stolen base. Show Hey sets an MLB record for most games with the home run in his stolen base. I've seen Ricky Henderson's mark from nineteen eighty six. Yet another day, another record for sho Heyo. Tani was sitting on fifty two home runs and fifty two stolen bases. Otani rewind Brought to you by eToy In's Oyocha, Japan's number one green tea and the tea the show Heyotani Loves and Drinks available at local diso stores, Amazon at Etoin dot com.
Speaker 3: That's it oe n dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Kisson down joins us from the stadium before this game against the Rock.
Speaker 3: He's game two of this three game set.
Speaker 2: Dodger just trying to get that magical number down yet even more and Kirsten Walker Bueller on the mound tonight.
Speaker 3: It feels like the last couple starts.
Speaker 2: We keep talking about how important these starts are for him getting ready for the posts.
Speaker 8: They really are, especially considering like there's only eight games left in the regular season, including today, There's two more series, so now time is literally up at the essence at the moment. And the good thing for Walker Bueller's He's coming off of a start in Atlanta in which he had things that were going well for him, whether it was the fastball command, whether it was just getting out of trouble whenever there were runners on. He did have a couple a handful of walks. So the hope will be to limit that today, but ultimately the fact that he was able to execute the pitches when he needed to do it, that was at least with Glid sign for him. So for today's outing, Dave Roberts was saying, it's really about, you know, having that command of all of his pitches. He's felt like the sequencing was good in the last start in Atlanta, So if he can do that here as well, that will be a big focus for him. And then it's just with each start, let that be another building block for him to prepare himself come October, because we've all been seeing what's been happening to the rotation in regard to whether it's Gavin Stone or Tyler Glass. Now, yes, Clayton Kurgeaw's working his way back, but the guys who are healthy, it's time for them to really they are gonna have to step up because they're gonna need to be those guys come October.
Speaker 2: Tony Gonsolin is in Oklahoma City getting a rehab start. Kind of a name we had forgotten about because they didn't think he'd be back this season to help out the Dodgers of twenty twenty four. But lo and behold, he could come back.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's kind of crazy to think. Like leaving at spring training, just like chatting with him, it was just like, oh, how are you doing okay? How are you feeling? How is this has rehabbing been things like that. It never was oh like do you have a goal set or are you going to be able to come back this year? It really felt like that just wasn't realistic. But now he's about to have another rehab start. The plan for him today, Dave Roberts was said that it's either between that four and sixty or five and seventy five range, and then potentially he could have one more. They will have a conversation after how this one goes. There's also some thought, as I mentioned, with only eight games left in the regular season, do you try to get him in for a regular season game. The positive for him is that he has experience, whether it's been in the rotation as they've seen most recently or in the bullpen, which we've seen in the postseason before. And so the fact that he does have that ability that is a good sign for him. It kind of gives him a little bit more options. But Dave Roberts said that they of course will kind of make a decision amongst each other. But the fact that he has put himself in this situation is, you know, props for Tony Gonslin because he was he was determined to find a way back, and so he might be a part of this team come October if he can put himself in a good spot.
Speaker 3: Never count out the cat man. He's gotten nine lives.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it here like that hands you're listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD.
Speaker 3: Take it with you on your mobile device wherever you go.
Speaker 2: It's free to download and listen to Dodger Games and Crystal Clear HD, all powered by our friends at LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos lacare dot org. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll die deeper into this pitching mage up. David Vassy goes one on one with Ryan McMahon of Next So an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself. Dave Roberts is the Dodgers and Rockies. First pitch is six ten. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunts on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marogo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Rockies on this Saturday night. Morogo Casino resorted it spa a Grand Slam, four good times. Walker Buehler cal control the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at six ten.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report, presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Austin Barnes on the IL with the tow fracture, Tyler Glass now out for the year with the right elbow ten and ninus more on that coming up with David Vasse, Clayton Kershaw trying to work his way back from the turf toe. Gavin Stone don't know yet, could come back, fingers crossed help out this Dodgers team. Anthony Bonda on the IEL with the airline fraction. More on Bonda coming up with DV and we've been talking about it. Tony Gonsolin getting the start in Triple A Oklahoma City. Can the catman be on the prowl to help out this Dodgers team down the stretch. We'll find out, But let's head back right right now and check out the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 6: Anything else? D do you think questions for Dave?
Speaker 9: Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 9: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 10: And I thought, overall, he sequence much better. I thought the command of all of his pitches was considerably better. You know, this team over here is playing some good baseball and there's a lot of familiarity with some of their guys. So I just think, you know, I look for a lot of the same tonight, moving the fastball around. You know, no one when to throw the cutter, no one wanted to throw the sweeper, no one want to throw the curveball, and things like that.
Speaker 11: Has a show has mentioned he was going to have like a meeting about his pitching and progression during the home standers that.
Speaker 10: Happen yet it hasn't happened yet, It's gonna happen. And he was throwing. I was actually out there watching his bullpen from afar right now and looks really good. But yeah, I think that you know, the powers that be, you are going to get together and figure out what's the best course of action.
Speaker 3: For him, including like whether or when he can face hitters.
Speaker 10: Will be I think all of that is gonna be on the table.
Speaker 3: Dave Roberts down the Dugout. Brought to you by Service Titan.
Speaker 2: Dave Roberts is a Titan his own right, and he's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Learn more at servicetitan dot com. Let's Service Titan help you implement it. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with David Vase leads up to first pitch Dodgers and Rockies. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 9: On your home for the blue all season low.
Speaker 2: Hits the Dodgers and Rockies on this Saturday night. Walker Bueller, Cal Quantrill the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at six ' ten. The umpying crew for tonight's game. Brought to you by Fred Loyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years providing reliable and affordable car insurance.
Speaker 3: For you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 6: Bikes, everybody for who they are this is.
Speaker 1: Dodger inside there, David Bassi.
Speaker 2: All right, DV, what's this scene like at Dodger Stadium tonight? Is I guess show Aotani continues his quest for who knows how many home runs in stolen bases?
Speaker 11: Now, well, tonight is show hey Otani T shirt giveaway that's been on the calendar since the beginning of the year. Now you know about the two bobblehead nights, the Otani bobblehead and then the Otani decoy bobblehead. There were cars lined up in the morning and today I was surprised that we saw something not as a large of a crowd outside of Dodger Stadium, but certainly the streets around Dodger Stadium and the gates fans were already lined up to get their Otani T shirts. So it's you know, we heard about Fernando Mania, Tim this is no doubt Otani Mania. It has taken this city by storm, and it feels like it's at a category five after he went fifty to fifty in Miami and.
Speaker 2: He continues to put him home runs and stolen base in now fifty two fifty two, All right, DV. Tyler Glass, Now he left the team. He's back with the team, and I know he spoke to the remedia.
Speaker 6: Right he did.
Speaker 11: We shared what he said on Dodger Talk last night, but at bears repeating For those that missed, Tyler glass Now on the last road trip in Atlanta, was supposed to throw a simulated game.
Speaker 6: Everything was set.
Speaker 11: Up, the screen was set up, the technology was set up, the hitters were ready to go. Glassnow was warming up in the bullpen as he would for any type of start, and then all of a sudden, he walked out of the bullpen in Atlanta and went to the dugout instead of to the pitcher's mount and we found out the Dodgers are calling this a sprained right elbow. And yesterday Glassnew talked about the frustration of trying to stay healthy this season but failing.
Speaker 12: Yeah, for sure, I still think there's things I can do to try to prevent it in the future. But I think just because it is like the same thing over and over again, it's extremely frustrating. So I'm just trying to like at this point like kind of searching for answers and like a long term plan that we'll sit down and figure some stuff out, But I think the ultimate goal is is to always be able to pitch in the postseason, and that's like.
Speaker 13: My my goal going forward.
Speaker 12: Just trying to figure it out just over your head.
Speaker 11: How to make justice or is part of that any less intext bide goes or sessions and a lot of theories on why there's so many.
Speaker 6: Interesting these things.
Speaker 12: I don't know. I think like I've changed it over the years. I got my workload throughout the week throwing wise, this really is like not it used to be a lot when I was younger, and then we do a lot and throw a lot of bullpins, and like as I've gotten older and like kind of had like measurable data from my weeks like I've done I do a lot, Like I'll do a lot of stuff to keep my body in good shape, but like throwing wise, like I'm not doing that much stuff, Like I'll throw a bullpen throughout the week, but I'm not throwing a ton of pitches on my stresses during the week. Like my throwes aren't high stress.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 12: I don't know if like anyone has really figured out exactly why. But I don't really do a ton of high stress things throughout the week. It's just I guess the starts in between and having a long extension and throwing hard, and even this year, the conscious decision of like I'm not out there throwing everything as hard as I can, like my forcing bilo's lower on purpose, like I'm trying to go about it differently. I just think it's just I guess how my body works and.
Speaker 1: How long and tall I am.
Speaker 11: It's just tough tim When you talk about Tyler last now, you heard the frustration in his voice right there. Obviously he has tried different things to try to stay healthy. The Dodgers tried giving him extra day's rest on virtually every single one of his turns, but it just didn't work. And unfortunately for Glass Now and the Dodgers, he will not be available in October.
Speaker 2: David is driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like, it's choices. Find yours with the Ford F one fifty gas hybrid all electric toughness, Mart, you can only be called the F one fifty Anthony Bonda, David, what's the latest with the left hander?
Speaker 11: Remember in his last appearance on the last homestand he let his frustration get the best of him. Talk to Anthony Bonda today and he told me that he broke the smallest bone in his left pinky. The doctor told him he hit it in the exact perfect spot to create that. But the good news is today Anthony Banda through his second bullpen session and I spoke to Dave Roberts and he told me that, yes, the next step is for Bonda to face hitters and he will be activated before the end of the regular season. So we heard about him breaking his hand. Everybody expected this to be the end of the season for Banda, but since it was such a small fracture, it has healed and he will be back before the end of the season.
Speaker 3: Wow, that would be awesome to get another on for the postseason. DV appreciate it. We'll check back in with you just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Have you signed up to win Dave Roberts Autograph jersey yet? Sign up for your chance to win and visit waterfola dot com and take a brief survey sharing what you've learned on SmartWater use. That's water for La dot com. Water for La dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll hear from Ryan McMahon. Yes, Rocky's third baseball will dive deeper to this pitching matchup up next to your Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers Rockies first.
Speaker 3: Pitch at six ten.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rockies on the Saturday night. It's showing o Tany T Shirt night.
Speaker 3: Sell.
Speaker 2: How crowd expected Walker Mueller calcontrol the pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at six ten.
Speaker 1: Who It's time for the Haffy Magical Moment, Bitch Magical magic senten by Hawvey Hotdogs tonight.
Speaker 2: As we mentioned Otani T Shirt Night. So in honor of show Hey, we go back to Thursday. What a historic day it was in Miami form number seventeen, becoming the first ever member of the fifty to fifty club.
Speaker 4: One ball, two strikes, runner at third, two outs and the pitch coming to show Hey. Old Tony Hey swings hits a.
Speaker 6: Tract to left. This ball's back there. It is number fifty.
Speaker 5: The first player in the history of Major League Baseball to have a fifty to fifty season.
Speaker 6: He is incredible.
Speaker 5: Show hey, old Tony with an opposite field home run fifty fifty.
Speaker 6: What a day for show hey.
Speaker 5: He is the new all time single season home runs leader for the Dodgers, in the first ever Dodger with a fifty home run season.
Speaker 2: This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Haffey hot Dogs, a so cal treasure for over one hundred years. Visit haffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious Hawfy hot Dogs. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check back in with Rick Monday. So we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Rockies. I'm Tim Katsu's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is Lorono Casino. Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Rockies on this Saturday night. Dodgers trying to get the magical number down even more to clinch the division. Already clinching the playoff spot, Walker baler Cal control the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at six ten. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zinchi Handcraft is sushi made fresh daily on site. Pickup delicious sushi right before the game at roups or other local supermarkets near the deli counter. Still the com We'll get to the keys to the game puzzle. I'm deeper to this pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: But first and now joined by David bas saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Rick, it's another show.
Speaker 11: Hey o Tani giveaway at Dodgers Stadium, and you better be patient out there getting into the ballpark.
Speaker 7: Yeah, nice shirt, looks good on you, by the way, Thanks, Yeah, I got We tell people in special events, whatever you think is early, add another thirty to forty five minutes on it. Some people actually listen and they get here early, because as we came in, you know, one thirty two o'clock, whatever time it was really early, there was already a line of people standing to walk in and lines of cars waiting to come in. So again, anytime a special events, it would be the same way in postseason play too. Is that what do you think is early? Add at least thirty to forty five minutes to it, and get here, because there's plenty of things to do at Dodger Stadium. When we're talking about, hey, come and sit in the car, and then no, there are things to do. They open up the gates and with all the improvements that they have in the stadium, I mean you can go. It's like going through well at Disneyland. Really in the outfield beyond the bleachers as well, beyond the pavilions. Plenty of stuff to do here, plenty of food, eat and make an event out of it.
Speaker 6: No doubt, make it a great outing here at Dodgers.
Speaker 7: But I do like that T shirt Buggy by the RM.
Speaker 6: Thank you. I appreciate it, Rick. My kids will take it as soon as I get home. Rick.
Speaker 11: As far as comparing Otani Mania to Fernando Mania, you experienced it, you were teammates with Fernando.
Speaker 6: Is there any sort of comparison.
Speaker 7: The difference, David, is that Otani is every day, Fernando is every five days. Actually four man rotation at the time too. So it was a festival and in between. Yes, the Dodgers a big draw to begin with, but when Fernando went to the mound, that was an event because that's the only time you see him. With Otani, you see him each and every game and four five or as we saw in Miami, six different advents. So but the parallels are in that area, but they're off the charts quite frankly, with the interest that show heey Otani has garnered, what he has earned and what he has demonstrated. I mean, this is just historic and what we have seen not only in what he's done, but also in the response everywhere we go, which was also the case with Fernando. Whenever we go into town, everyone wanted to talk to him, everyone wanted to see him. And with Otani it's relentless because he's every day with his designated hitter.
Speaker 11: How aware do you believe Fernando was of the Fernando mania happening?
Speaker 6: And how aware do you believe Otani is.
Speaker 7: I think they're both very aware, and I think they're also able to channel it in the right way. And that's not easy to do when you know that all the spotlights are on you each and every move that you make. It's difficult. It's got to be difficult. It also has to be a little wearing here and there. You know, Showhy does not take batting practice on the field. He prefers to say in the batting cage, much like Freddy Freeman. For the most part, occasionally Freddy will come out. We've not seen Otani as far as what I've noticed, taking batting practice on the field, not because he's trying to hide. He just likes the privacy and working on things. And you can work on more things in the batting cage instead of taking maybe ten swings the first round as you're sharing with your teammates, maybe eight swings the next round. You can stay in the batting cage for an hour and a half if if you can and limit yourself, you're not gonna be swinging for an hour and a half because swinging that two pound bat takes a lot of energy, and people see that during the home run derby because guys get exhausted swinging the bat rick.
Speaker 11: From what I've been told from those that have seen Otani's preparation, he would burst a lot of hitting gurus out there in the world and their business if they knew how little swings he takes to prepare for a game. A lot of the great ones believe less is more in that department.
Speaker 7: Because he understands David his swings and the mechanics. I don't know how many hitters we've seen and we're only seeing scratching the surface in observation. Who knows his swing better than Otani? And how many hitters know theirs swing from a fundamental standpoint as well as show Hey o'tani, I mean he's a perfectionist. That's one of the things that we heard really from those in the front office, you know, with some of our bosses, is that, hey, look, during the off season, it was incredible when o'tani came here and worked out. He said, it was off the charts in what he did. He has high demands of himself. It shows when the game starts because he's prepared well.
Speaker 11: I resemble everything o'tanni does as far as attention to detail. Ricks all right, I could relate to the great o't ny.
Speaker 7: You remember where you parked your car?
Speaker 11: Dwayne handles that for me. Okay, all right, well send it back to the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thanks lot DV. Thank you, mow Dodger fan.
Speaker 2: Start your future at a California community college. Financial aids available to help you with the tuition, the books, and yeah, sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, so enrolled today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 3: Still to come.
Speaker 2: Here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup tip never at Rick Monday. We'll get you those keys of the game. But I'm next. We go high end tight with Ryan McMahon. The Colorado Rockies lead you up to first pitch.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunts on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers playing host of the Colorado Rockies as the series continued, final homestand of the regular season, Walker bueler Cal control the pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at six ten.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital Los Angeles. When you need the very best care for your child, one place to go Children's Hospital, Los Angeles. Why is A ranked number one in California for mediatric care. They really are the best. Find out the right doctor for you and your family at CCHLA org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vest a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high end tugg.
Speaker 11: It's the Dodgers and Rockies getting set for first pitch, and we're joined right now by a local kid from Orange County. Everybody at Modern Day High School knows who Ryan McMahon is, and certainly his reach stretches way beyond the Orange Curtain, and he joins us right now at Dodgers Stadium. Thanks a lot for the time and great to see you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, thanks for having me. Man.
Speaker 11: Man, it's awesome to see you after all these years. Every year you've come back to Dodgers Stadium, every season you've been in the big leagues, you found a way to evolve and get better.
Speaker 6: Do you feel like you still have that in you?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 13: I feel like you never figure this game out all the way. You just adjust and find different ways to survive. Yeah. I've been lucky, man, to stick around long enough to make a lot of trips to Dodger Stadium. Always fun coming back here.
Speaker 11: It feels like you've found a home at third base. You were known for being a guy that moved around a lot. How does it feel to have a home.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Man, it feels a lot better sticking in one position. You know, when you're young, you do what you gotta do to get in the lineup. But yeah, I definitely feel good holding down third base.
Speaker 11: When you're done with the season, do you come back to California? Do you go back to where you used to go when you were just in high school and still whatever you were doing in.
Speaker 6: The lab trying to get better.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I come back a lot. I've got family still in Orange County, up in La County. My wife and I live out in Arizona, but we're back here a good bit.
Speaker 11: How much do you still lean on the same people, baseball wise, baseball community you did when you were starting out.
Speaker 13: When I'm in town, man, definitely. You know, I'll go hit with some old coaches, you know, go back to the high school, take some grumball stuff like that. But yeah, besides that, not too much. But I definitely stay in touch with all of them. When we come and play the Angels or come play here, I always get text and I always see a lot of people.
Speaker 11: What's it like coming to Dodger Stadium. I'm not sure how many times you got here when you were a kid, but what's it like playing here.
Speaker 3: Oh man.
Speaker 13: I came here a lot. My grandfather. His work had season tickets and stuff, so we would come up on those all the time. So I used to love coming up here. Sean Green was my favorite player growing up, so coming back's always special for me.
Speaker 6: Have you ever met Sean Green?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 13: I never met him. That would be cool, though.
Speaker 11: He's a he's a OC guy too. You might have to connect with him. He's in you know, the beach area.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I think he went testing high school something like that. Yeah, so yeah, hopefully one day we'll see what happens.
Speaker 11: Is there a rivalry between modern day and Tustin back in the day.
Speaker 13: I wouldn't call it a rivalry. Man, We stomped on those guys if we played him.
Speaker 11: Ryan McMahon is our guest, all right, Ryan, I'm curious from the opponent's point of view when it comes to Otani and the things he's doing this season. How much do opposing players watch what guys like him are doing?
Speaker 13: Oh Man, As a baseball fan, it's hard not to tune in and enjoy it. You know, He's he's incredible. The ball he hit for Homer last night, I mean, most people, the best you can do with that pitch is fouled off. So it's incredible. It's been fun to watch, and yeah, he's just a specimen. He's different than all of us.
Speaker 11: Where were the Rockies when he went fifty to fifty two days ago?
Speaker 13: I think we had an off day. Yes, we had an off day. I was golfing, but I remember everybody checking their phones all at once, having a bunch of messages about it. So the baseball world is talking about it.
Speaker 11: Is the most unique part about him is not just the power, but his size to be able to steal fifty bases.
Speaker 13: You know what, man, for such a big, strong, powerful guy, his feeling finesse for the game is incredible. When he's a shorten up and take his knock, I've seen him do it plenty of times, and you know when it's time to let it fly, he's letting it fly. So just as an all around you know, cleanliness of his game is really impressive.
Speaker 11: What's the balance between competing and obviously having respect for what a guy like that can do.
Speaker 13: Yeah, on the field, man, you hope he goes over four, you know, but you know he's great talent and you know it's it's probably not going to go that way, but you're you're always pulling Form two go for four. You want to beat him, and I mean that's that's as basic as you can go with it. You just you want to beat the other team. Doesn't matter who they have or what they're doing. You know, our our goals to go out win, win every game.
Speaker 11: Ryan McMahon, Thanks a lot for the time. Great to share you with Dodger fans. They know who you are, not just because of your roots here in southern California, but you you've madeor mark in this season series over the years.
Speaker 13: I had a couple of big hits against the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 13: It always feels good against the hometown team, no doubt.
Speaker 11: Great smile, big smile whenever he's here in LA. Thanks a lot for the time and great to share you with Dodger fans. Thanks man, there is good guy, Ryan McMahon, one of the best players in the National League. We'll send it back to you in the studio, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Thank you.
Speaker 1: DV.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast.
Speaker 3: When it's game Night. It's Group Knight at.
Speaker 2: Shaky's dot Com leading up to first pitch Dodgers and Rockies from the ravine up next, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: We don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on.
Speaker 9: Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Rockies.
Speaker 2: First pitch from Dodgers Stadium is coming up at six ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: You matched up, presented by your Southern California and Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into reality in an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma.
Speaker 3: See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy.
Speaker 2: Cal Quantrell on the mound eight and ten with a four to sixty eight ERA, twenty nine year old right hander. First round pick at the Padres in twenty sixteen out of Stanford, made his major league debut in twenty nineteens both the Padres, the Guardians, and now his first season with the Rockies, making his twenty eight start this year, second since coming off the IL with a triceup injury. Last time out wasn't good. Two and a third innings, two runs, four hits, six walks in a loss to the sh Cogo Cubs. He has made six career appearances against the Dodgers. Five starts, he is one in five with a seven to forty three ERA. In two starts against Dodgers this year, he's zero and two with this six to seventy five ERRA. Walker Buehler on the mount one in five with the five to fifty four ERA. Thirty year old right hander making just his fifteen start this year, returning from Tommy John surgery. His lone win came back in May against the Reds last time out. Six innings, three runs, three hits, five strikeouts, five walks.
Speaker 3: That was a better outing for Walker buel Ers.
Speaker 2: He's looking to show that he could be a part of this postseason roster. In twenty two career appearances eighteen starts against Colorado, he is seven and three with a four to sixty one ERA. He last faced Colorado June eighteenth this season. He got hit hard, give up seven runs on seven hits, two home runs, which turned out to be a no decision. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend.
Speaker 3: Find out more at Speedy Cash dot Commerce. Stop in inn LA area Speedy Cash Store. Dodgers Rockies. We are fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the Gamer Next. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: Hi, as we were saying, this.
Speaker 1: Is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Rockies on show. Hey Otani T shirt Nights Out of the Ravine. Game two of this three game set Walker reviewer Cal Quantrell the pitching matchup. Dodgers really need Walker Bueler to have himself a good outing on track for the postseason.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at six ten.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans and hands your listening experience, Download the iHeartRadio app and listen to HD.
Speaker 3: It's free.
Speaker 2: It's a great way to listen to Dodgers Baseball on the go on your mobile device, your tablet, your computer at home, wherever you're at. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plan, serving all Angelinos. Lacare dot Org. All Right, before first pitch, we head back out to the booth one final time, Tim Neverett Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 4: Tim, thanks again, counting it down to the first pitch at Dodgers Stadium on a great night for baseball, Game two of a three game set Rockies and Dodgers cal Quantrille at eight and ten and a four to six eight. Era lost his last start his last time out against the Cubs, and he walked a career high six in that game. He only went two and a third inning, so he's looking for a bounce back start, but he hasn't been pitching particularly well lately.
Speaker 7: No man, he gets a lot of swings and misses at off speed pitch and hopefully Walker Rebueler can repeat what he did last time out. Went six innings, two runs, only three hits, did walk five batters. But for Vieler, one of the things that he's been able to do get ground ball double plays when he's been into trouble and hopefully not too many opportunities to even hit into a double play tonight for the Rockies.
Speaker 4: And speaking of pitching, Choho Towny threw a bullpen session this afternoon.
Speaker 6: The gates had already opened, and the.
Speaker 4: Crowd that he drew out there was absolutely incredible just to watch him throw sixty feet six in.
Speaker 7: And I mean to the left of the bullpen, to the right of the bullpen, above the bullpen, you name it, it was there. And even the media, as we see it, they were still perched on over by the first base dugout so they could get a clear view of Otani all the way in the left field bullpen. Really something to watch, and he's.
Speaker 4: Amazing to be around. Dodgers and Rockies coming up from Javez Ravine, Tim all Right.
Speaker 3: Dodgers ninety two and sixty two.
Speaker 2: The Phillies already lost today in New York to the met so they're ninety two and sixty three. The Dodgers currently not only the best record in the National League, the best record in baseball going into action tonight.
Speaker 3: A win would give.
Speaker 2: Him a leg up on Philadelphia for the best record in the National League, certainly home field advantage in the postseason. Dodgers going to tonight ahead of the Padres by four the Diamondbacks by six. We'll keep an eye on what's happening down south with the Padres in action right now, so we'll keep an eye on that and we'll get you ready for first pitch, which is next. Don't go anywhere, enjoy it.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kates.
Speaker 2: This has been Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network