Speaker 1: Come on, here we go, Here we go. Head, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, he.
Speaker 2: Rode right, let's go, wakey, wake your hands off those Snakeyes, rod Ryan show check it in Beer Friday, Thank you, Specs.
Speaker 1: We have beer for you straight up at six.
Speaker 3: Seven, eight nine. The Birdman Scott, he's a two time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: He's going to try and make it.
Speaker 3: Win number four Fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge, Monster Jam tickets coming to you in homeroom, Fun Fact Flashbacks scores themselves a four pack with fit passes. It's a good price.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty. We'll give away our.
Speaker 3: Last pair of tickets to go see Highly Suspect tonight. I'm so upset that I'm missing this show. I hope you have a great time at Highly Suspect. If you're seeing them for the first time, you are going prepare to be blown away how great they are. Live are last pair of tickets coming your way at seven twenty. Nutcracker Market tickets at eight twenty. Then open Phones Friday. You kidding me? The whole last hour is you guys, yeapp and talking about whatever it is you want to talk about. What's this seventy percent chance of scattered thunderstorms today? Hi, I have eighty four. We'll talk about the rest of the weekend coming up. Let's throw it over to TESTA. Good morning.
Speaker 1: What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, Rod, Good morning a home room.
Speaker 5: So President elect Donald Trump has been assembling a transition team before inauguration day.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 5: His inauguration day is January twentieth. After his election win, he'll have to fill around four thousand government positions, including twelve hundred that requires Senate approval. Mass deportations are at the top of President Like Trump's to do list when he takes office. That's what he told the media yesterday, that they have to be carried out, no matter what the cost. He said he welcomes people to the US, but they have to come in legally. So that's a big story a lot of people are talking about right now. Also, money matters. The Federal Reserve is lowing interest rates by a quarter point. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell address the move in a conference yesterday. This follows a fifty basis points reduction earlier this fall, the first lowering of rates in four years. Okay, So that's the serious stuff.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about this hypothetical.
Speaker 5: Australia says they might ban social media for kids under sixteen. That means no one younger than that would legally be allowed to have apps like TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat. Social media sites would have to take reasonable step to prevent access and parents would be able to opt out. So the Parliament in Australia plans to vote on a bill concerning this later this month.
Speaker 4: Another huge headline.
Speaker 3: I don't have a problem with that at all.
Speaker 4: I really don't either. The teens might have a problem with that.
Speaker 1: Of course they'll be devastated.
Speaker 5: Ellwood Edwards passed away yesterday, no earlier this week, on Tuesday, just one day shy of his seventy fifth birthday. And you're saying, okay, Ellwood Edwards. He was AOLS You've got mail.
Speaker 3: Guy, you got mail.
Speaker 4: He was paid two.
Speaker 5: Hundred dollars back in nineteen eighty nine to record four lines welcome, you've got mail, file's done and goodbye.
Speaker 4: Rip Elwood.
Speaker 5: He was on The Tonight Show back in twenty fifteen, and I think there's a clip and the story of how he got that in the mist gig.
Speaker 6: Like the original serie.
Speaker 1: Yeah Yeah, there's a link up for him on Links and Guests.
Speaker 5: Three people are being charged in relation to the death of Liam Payne, the former One Direction singer, fell from the balcony of a hotel in Buenos Aires last month.
Speaker 4: Yesterday Argentina.
Speaker 5: Argentina's public prosecutor said someone who is with haying on a daily basis, which was charged with abandoning him after his death. Two others have been charged for supplying him with drugs.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 6: Okay, Alexa, you got a really good Thursday night football game last night. Ravens got by the Bengals thirty five to thirty four. The Bengals could have sent it to overtime if they had elected to kick a game tying extra point, but they said, fit, let's go for two. Lamar Jackson's been too good tonight. They tried to just end it there, didn't get it, and they lost by one. Awesome game. Still, we'll have some highlights from that on the sports blog page to them. On Sunday night, the Texans host the Lions in primetime. Texans are three and a half point underdogs going into this one. Kickoff's gonna be at seven to twenty. You can watch it on NBC. In college football, some notable games on the slate for tomorrow. We got ut the fifth ranked team in the country, hosting Florida at eleven. Then at three point thirty, we got number three Georgia at number sixteen, Ole Miss and LSU is gonna play Alabama. That's probably the big game of the weekend. That's gonna kick off at six thirty. You can watch that one on ABC Basketball. The Rockets are back in action tonight. They're looking for their third straight win. They're gonna play the Thunder up in ok See. Tip offs at seven o'clock. You can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 3: Here we go, Here we go, four hours of pain. First phone call is gonna be our first beer winner today?
Speaker 1: And then the rest.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's up to you. I got a feeling it's gonna go by fast as we get you ready for the weekend.
Speaker 1: You want some beer, Come get.
Speaker 7: Bam Friday. You've got free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday, and right Bam Friday, and right Bam Friday and right free Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: Right right, Good morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 8: Barn.
Speaker 3: Morn it. How are you? I'm going good? Ask me how I'm doing?
Speaker 6: How you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm doing good too?
Speaker 9: Who is this?
Speaker 1: Who am I talking to here? This isn't the Begel you color number ten? Can I interest you in a case of beer?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, I really like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do this, miguel.
Speaker 3: Let's start you out with the very first case of beer.
Speaker 1: What are you doing up so early?
Speaker 9: I'm head it to work starting out today.
Speaker 3: What do you do? I do commercial windows.
Speaker 6: For the schools.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, so you canna start tinting windows at six o'clock? Oh yeah, sir, no kidding. Okay, Well where do you live?
Speaker 1: I've even rosenberg. Let's get you a case of beer and uh.
Speaker 3: Thank you, sir. I want you to relax from all that tinting you've been doing this week and enjoy a case of beer on us. Sit back, relax and say, you know what, it kind of pays off to listen to the Rod Ryan Show once in a while, you know, oh yeah, yeah, all right, Miguel, have a great weekend. Yeah fair, Thank you so much for listening. Let's say we got some rain to deal with today. Seventy percent chances scattered thunderstorms hies today of around eighty four. Saturday thirty percent chance, mostly cloudy, high seventy nine, only ten percent chance of rain morning clouds afternoon sun.
Speaker 1: I gotta get out to that Renaissance festival.
Speaker 4: Are you gonna go this weekend? I can't in Vegas.
Speaker 3: I'm going to Vegas this week I'm not complaining. I'm going to Vegas. I'm super excited. I got six picks too this weekend. But this is my second trip to the sphere, almost a year later. It was a year ago I went to go see you two. It came up in my memories. I really do like that whole one drive thing that I get, like, here's what happened a year ago, and it kind of categorizes here what happened two years ago, three years ago. It was really fun. I don't know, I don't I claim to know how any of this works, but all my stuff's in this one drive now. And the Halloween was really fun because I was getting you know here was London a year ago, two years ago, three years ago.
Speaker 1: The fact that it categorizes all that stuff.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it was a year ago that I was in Vegas went to go see you two going to see the Eagles this weekend?
Speaker 6: Are you more or less excited than you were to see YouTube?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 6: YouTube's like top top two to three bands for you.
Speaker 1: It's big.
Speaker 3: I'm curious because the youtwo was first in the sphere. What have they learned in a year?
Speaker 6: Yeah? How are they going to enhance the experience?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I want to see is it different?
Speaker 3: Is it just the same? Like can the sphere only do what the sphere does? Or can you improve upon it? And can it learn to be better in the year's time. I can't imagine it being better than you two?
Speaker 1: I mean, I just it.
Speaker 3: Was visually visually it was so incredible. But then the people that went to go see what Dead in Company, they said that that visually was amazing.
Speaker 1: But was that your first time seeing it?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: And also next question is are you playing on dripping balls? And I feel I also would maybe enhance your experience so I don't trip balls. Why it seems like if you were. It seems like like the sphere is where you can do that.
Speaker 1: No, I don't trip balls. I don't even know how to trip balls. I don't know how to trip balls.
Speaker 6: I don't like I wouldn't do it if you asked around. I'm pretty sure if a guy I can help you trip balls.
Speaker 1: So here's what I wouldn't do.
Speaker 3: I would never put some dumb gummy thing in my mouth and not know what the milligrams. Is it a micro is it a mega dose? I don't know any of that stuff. So I would never even risk that because the sphere is so overstimulating. I would not want to.
Speaker 6: Be a bad experience. Yeah it went south.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like, yeah, no, I'm not going to trip balls. But thank you for asking.
Speaker 6: I like when I saw a circus.
Speaker 3: I have a few drinks, there are singles, there are seven different chairs in this room right now. I'm not doing any of that. No mushrooms, I'm not doing that. Okay, guys, listen, we're gonna be very very busy this morning. I'm not going to trip balls this morning either. Although I could use a little man, I didn't take anything. I got such a sinus.
Speaker 1: Like I'm not like, I feel fine. I'm not sick.
Speaker 4: It's just I got some boom.
Speaker 3: I got some like hen cloudiness going on. Maybe I don't know my late in life allergy. Guy, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe I should trip balls, Alex, you.
Speaker 6: Would tripping balls. You wouldn't even worry about it.
Speaker 3: Does trip balls take care? You don't care about your sinus anymore?
Speaker 1: Walking around? Got snock going down my face? I don't even know it.
Speaker 3: That's another reason why I'm not tripping balls. Listen, we got the Birdman coming up. Scottie knows. We'll see if he knows for win number four. He's a two time Hall of Famer. He's gonna play on the flip of this break. Plus, we got some Monster Jam tickets coming your way in home room, guys, we're just getting started. Man, can't out wait to get you guys on for the last hour. My favorite hour of radio on the radio is the open phones when you guys get to talk about all your things, And boyd did we have some things go on this week? So let me take a short break. When we come back in a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending and then we'll get you set up for the Fresh out of.
Speaker 11: Bed Houston, Houston's alternative and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four.
Speaker 3: Bus nty four or five the Buzz, Welcome back rod Ryan's Show on a free beer Friday. One case down already, We'll hook you up straight up at.
Speaker 1: Seven, eight to nine. Thank you specs for the beers.
Speaker 3: Okay, seventy percent chances scatter thunderstorms today, highs of around eighty four.
Speaker 1: What's trending?
Speaker 5: Well, Just like Alex had mentioned in sports, the Ravens versus Bengals game last night was a really good game. It's the number one search on Google over one million searches because they say Joe burrows brilliance was wasted on this Bengals fall. That he had a really great game. So he had like forty five Fantasy points.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he did go off him in your fancy cham.
Speaker 4: He went off, but they did not get the w So.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jamarr Chase had three touchdowns two hundred and eighty something yards. As there is lost.
Speaker 4: That's insane. That's insane.
Speaker 5: Also last night the BFFs podcast, that's the podcast with Dave Portnoy, Brianna chicken fry and then some other young dude. I always forget the DC nay so Josh. So there's remember I've been telling you about this back and forth between Brianna and That Country stars Zach Bryan.
Speaker 4: Well, last night's episode.
Speaker 5: Was like a bombshell episode because she revealed that Zach Bryan offered to pay her twelve million dollars if she would just sign an NDA and never talk about their relationship again.
Speaker 4: She turned down the money.
Speaker 3: He's got that kind of money.
Speaker 5: I according to Brianna that it was hush money, and she was like, I'm not gonna take this money, Like I'm not gonna live in a house I was paid for because this dude was a terrorist and like basically traumatized me for a year.
Speaker 4: That's according to her. So that's another big story.
Speaker 5: And then you know the streaming service Max, they're going to start to crack down on password sharing in the coming months.
Speaker 4: According to their CFO.
Speaker 5: They had an earnings call, and the initial rollout we'll start with the company soft messaging people like hey, stop sharing a password, but then they're going to eventually start charging you for it. That's what trending on ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 12: It's got you're fresh out of bed head to head three day champion. That's three wins down toward my third time in the Hall.
Speaker 3: Thanks house.
Speaker 12: Join me on free Beer Friday when I make you win number four and keep this train rolling into the weekend.
Speaker 1: Case Scotty knows b seven one, three two five.
Speaker 3: If you want to play the Birdman, it's free beer Friday with Rod Ryan.
Speaker 11: I don't drink in the morning.
Speaker 3: Hey on ninety four five The Buzz, ninety four five, the Buzz, Good morning. Rod Ryan's show busiest man in showbiz right now, he really is. That's Jelly roll. I hope you're all to a great starts to your day. It is free Beer Friday. Seventy percent chances scatter with thunderstorms today high of eighty four.
Speaker 13: Let's play a game here and now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 3: Listeners to your corners. Bird Man been getting it done. Good morning, Good morning, Scotty Knows, going two time Hall of Famer going for win number four.
Speaker 1: Are those all those numbers correct? Yep, right, very good. You take it on.
Speaker 3: Jeff, my name is Jeff my.
Speaker 14: Name is Jeff.
Speaker 6: How are you, dude?
Speaker 11: I'm doing good.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess first things first, let's get our let's get our drops in order.
Speaker 1: Your fresh fish, right, fresh fish?
Speaker 3: Baby? Wow? So long? And thanks for all the fish. Okay. And then just because you already said it, yeah, okay, so all of.
Speaker 1: That is taken care of.
Speaker 6: Jeff.
Speaker 1: Where have you been all my life? Why are you playing mass?
Speaker 3: First time? I've been trying to call it in forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, yep.
Speaker 3: You made it through.
Speaker 11: You finally made it through.
Speaker 3: You're going against a really good player here, Scott bird Man's a two time Hall of Famer and he's been on a hell of a run right now, and he's taken out tick out Matt, Matt Matt yesterday. So you got your work cut out for you. Jeff.
Speaker 1: All right, shout out.
Speaker 3: Your name when you think you know the answer. What are these guys playing for?
Speaker 4: I've got a pair of tickets to see the Toadies?
Speaker 3: Okay, Jeff, you're shouting out your name right, not answers? Right, Try to say your name before Scott does. He doesn't wait, He just he just shouts his name out. He doesn't wait for you to finish questions. Sometimes he's an animal. Good luck on. All right, Scott, be nice. It's Jeff. He doesn't know what's going. Okay, Jeff doesn't know. He's got himself into here. I don't think Question number one, Question number one, Jeff Scott, what is the most popular color of post it notes? Yeh ti, that was the like classic tie. It was both of that, right, Yeah, yellow is the answer. And Jeff showed me a little something there. Jeff, you just tied a two time Hall of Famer on your first question.
Speaker 11: Not bad, sweet deal.
Speaker 3: Well, don't be too happy about it.
Speaker 4: You gotta beat him, sell down.
Speaker 3: You gotta say it faster than him. All right, here we go. Question number two. All right, it's a long question. Have a seat.
Speaker 1: What sound does a bee make?
Speaker 3: It's also the name of this Scott Scott buzz.
Speaker 1: It's also the name of this radio station.
Speaker 3: Buzz. Yeah, the bees buzz bees, bees buzz buzzing. U Birdman's on the board, okay, Jeff, Yeah, you kind of need this to stay in the game.
Speaker 8: That's right.
Speaker 3: Here comes the question. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. What type of candy are Hershey's Kisses? Got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Scott the Birdman chocolate correct.
Speaker 4: Got him.
Speaker 1: Jeff.
Speaker 3: I mean Jeff took a swing, though an aggressive swing at the end.
Speaker 1: Jeff just couldn't get it in time.
Speaker 3: Though, I'm right, I thought it was fun having you on this morning, Jeff, it was for sure. Okay, come back and play. Don't wait as long as you said you've been waiting your whole life to play. I'm not gonna be here for the rest of your life. Okay, you gotta call back. You gotta call back. Probably won't hear you again this year, but Matt, I look forward to you playing in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jeff, Yes, sir, all right, bird man, you got done? You got one more in you.
Speaker 12: Yep.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have to wait till Monday to see if that happens. Right, great win today, Right, Ryan Show celebrating twenty years ninety four five of Buzz ninety four to five The.
Speaker 1: Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Six thirty two seventy percent chances scattered thunderstorms. I have about eighty four today, thirty percent chance of rain tomorrow with mostly cloudy skies and then morning clouds afternoon sun on Sunday with nothing over a ten percent chance of rain.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I want to personally thank listener Joe for taking the time out of his morning. Everyone's hectic, moving a million miles, oatmeal, kids, school, packing, lunches, I don't know whatever. Everybody's got something different going on this morning. He takes the time to send us an email and craft it beautifully. He says, Hey, Brother, Rob, sister Tessa, tripping balls, Alex, chili bowl, y'all have a great day. Keep doing what y'all are doing, keep those laughs coming, and remember it's a great day because two feet were put on the ground this morning.
Speaker 1: Joe. Thank you so awesome man.
Speaker 3: Thank you Joe. And sometimes you just need someone to tell you to slow down, blacks, appreciate what you got going on, and I've just done that with Joe's email. Thank you.
Speaker 13: Fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge, here's your current champion.
Speaker 12: Good morning everybody. It's got You're fresh out of bed head to head four day champion.
Speaker 15: I'm only one went away from.
Speaker 12: Getting back in that hall. I might have to wait the weekend because my next game, and that's not can they change anything for me? Join me on Monday when I make it win number.
Speaker 15: Five to make out this job.
Speaker 9: It's a little bit.
Speaker 12: Easier con tournament time.
Speaker 3: Got You know, Alex would love nothing more than for the Birdman to go in and then one more you read the dream. Now you want sixteen people just to have a nice, easy pasy bracket. Yep, okay, yeah, all right, well I'm good with that too. I'm good with that too. I got some monster GM tickets coming up for you. I see, I got Captain cash on the hotline. Let's go.
Speaker 6: It's the fuck that's to the day.
Speaker 3: We make you look smart and funny.
Speaker 13: Here, buddies, it's the fuck that's of the day.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go.
Speaker 3: Here's some fun facts for you guys to throw around to your friends at the office. Oh oh, my kid, who's going into the office today. The opposite side of the world from where you live is called the anti pos so listen, I don't got a zoom in specifically on Texas and Houston, but for most of us in the continental US, it's somewhere in the Indian Ocean between Southern Africa and Australia. You can actually look up where your antipode is online. There's websites dedicated to it, the exact opposite side of the Earth from where you're standing right now.
Speaker 1: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: I thought it was cool.
Speaker 4: It was pretty cool.
Speaker 3: It was cool. Another fun fact for you today, Happy hours have been banned in Ireland since two thousand and three.
Speaker 11: That is fun.
Speaker 4: I don't want you to ignoring that.
Speaker 3: There's all kinds of things that are banned here, the way that drinks are served and the way that they take money for drinks.
Speaker 1: And I don't think you can do. I mean, there was all kinds of fun promotions that I did growing up in college.
Speaker 3: Drinking with Lincoln, drink drinking with Lincoln five bucks man, you were drinking all night.
Speaker 6: Dangerous. It was very dangerous.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't would now finally finally.
Speaker 1: Depressing. Okay, well this is just kind of strange.
Speaker 3: Archaeologists they found that Civil War soldiers they used hair dye to make themselves look better in photographs.
Speaker 1: That's neat.
Speaker 3: How strong was that hair dye?
Speaker 4: Like self tanner?
Speaker 1: You're still well?
Speaker 3: I don't yeah, maybe? Or what about the guys use the little sun in a little lemon in their hair to make it look lighter. I tried that once the day we make you look smart.
Speaker 15: It's the day.
Speaker 3: Did you ever use I mean, you have such dark hair?
Speaker 1: Is your hair black?
Speaker 3: Tessa?
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty much, it's like super dark brown.
Speaker 1: You never tried to put sun in your hair?
Speaker 4: First?
Speaker 11: I did.
Speaker 4: I'm a girl.
Speaker 9: I have to.
Speaker 4: That's like our budding of passage.
Speaker 1: Everybody for a couple of years of run around with orange hair.
Speaker 4: And the sunate like turned a little redder, like more red and.
Speaker 1: Crispy fry your hair.
Speaker 3: Okay, was happy.
Speaker 1: Let's do this your.
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 3: I like this one. What industry do we owe for the invention of the cash register? It's a good when going into the weekend? Seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: Now time for rock out with your stock out with captain cash.
Speaker 3: Okay, we go from the birdman to the money man.
Speaker 1: Hey, how brother Rod, good morning there he.
Speaker 3: Is right there. Hey, how do you do?
Speaker 1: On Wall Street?
Speaker 3: Yesterday?
Speaker 16: It was an okay Dan on Wall Street?
Speaker 3: The dad was flat.
Speaker 17: We start off this morning at forty three seven nine nastack up two and eighty six points that will We start this morning with nineteen thousand, two sixty nine benchmark ten year treasuries, creating at a four point three one percent in oil census seventy one dollars forty eight cents of barrel.
Speaker 16: Two of the most active is the Big Studs Home Depot, Boeing and Apple, the Big Duds Chase, Ammex and Goldman Sachs. On the economic calendar this morning with numbers on consumer credit for November right now, futures just barely on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 17: I'm out here. This is Howland managed director with Bramdon James proot for the Ride Ryan Show from Raymond James on sand Felipe and A Gusta and don't forget to always rock out with your stockouts.
Speaker 18: Avimian's expressed are those of Holland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associate of zancomember niit As, IBC, I ART Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 11: We'll continue.
Speaker 18: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to RAN. This programs are educational and informational purposes. On the The Studs of DUTs are based on movement, as reported by.
Speaker 3: Young Finance ninety four or five. Buys Good morning, Rod Ryan Shaw, who knows it? Jason says he does.
Speaker 1: Hey Jason, Hey, hey Rod.
Speaker 6: What's the man? So?
Speaker 3: What's up? Jason? Welcome to the show. What industry caused this man one hundred and forty five years ago to invent the cash register?
Speaker 14: Bartending?
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, those pesky bartenders were ripping them off, skimming the till, skimming the till?
Speaker 1: What did I say?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, given, no nonsense, cooler, take care of that. Okay if his name's Dalton, If his name is Dalton, even better. No one's going to be skimming from the till anymore. Okay, got you, Jason, you're the winner.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was.
Speaker 3: It was in eighteen seventy nine, Ohio bar owner Jay Riddy invented the cash register because his bartenders were pocketing his profits.
Speaker 1: What is Jason wan?
Speaker 5: He gets a four pack of tickets? Would pit past this to monster jam? Congratulations a mosa dam Oh man.
Speaker 9: That's great.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Dude, So passes.
Speaker 3: Make sure you bring down the whole family. Whatever whoever you're bringing come down and say hi, to us in the pits.
Speaker 1: All right, Oh you know it.
Speaker 15: I'll make you a few times already.
Speaker 1: That's perfect, all right, Jason, can't wait to see you guys again. Hang on ninety four to five. The buzz is everywhere you are.
Speaker 3: Tell your smart device to play ninety four to five the buzz on iHeartRadio. The buzz that's third I Blind Jumper, Rod Ryan Show, Free Beer Friday, Now the case of Meer coming your way straight up at seven o'clock, eight o'clock, nine o'clock, and then we'll flip the phones, turn it over to you. You'll have the entire show and all the phone lines and all the airtime open phones.
Speaker 1: Friday can't wait to chat.
Speaker 3: Highly Suspect is playing tonight to buy you Music Center.
Speaker 1: I'm excited about my weekend.
Speaker 3: The thing that really is the the low point is missing Highly Suspect. Because they're so great live. I cannot wait. I hope somebody, I mean, if you saw them already great, I hopeing somebody Wendsy's tickets that have never seen them live before.
Speaker 1: We're gonna give you a chance to win.
Speaker 3: Seventy percent chance of scattered thunderstorms today. It will keep it a little cooler Hive. Around eighty four thirty percent chance of rain tomorrow and then ten percent chance on Sunday, so the weekend's not a wash out. Pretty good looking weekends here in Houston. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: President elect Donald Trump says his administration has no choice, has to carry out mass deportations regardless of the costs. He was talking to the news yesterday and he says that people have killed and murdered and they are not staying here. Undocumented spouses of American citizens can now be deported. There's a Trump appointed federal judge that's struck down the Biden administration's Keeping Families Together program, which allows hundreds of thousands of undocumented spouses to work legally in the US while they seek out citizenship. So those are just kind of the bigger headlines now that Trump has won the election, if he decides to call the Kremlin Russian leader Vladimir Putin, he says he'll take the call. Putin said yesterday at an annual meeting that he has nothing against any Western leader wanting to res doom contact with Russia. Putin called Trump's campaign campaign promise to end the Russia, Ukraine war and one day remarks made in the battle for votes.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I guess those are just some national international headlines there.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, federal authorities are investigating after black people in several states reported getting racist text messages from unrecognized phone numbers, a pretty.
Speaker 4: Big story this morning.
Speaker 5: Apparently the texts were sent out after the election and contain messages like you've been selected to pick cotton at the nearest plantation and other remarks that are very offensive. So these racist texts have been reported in at least ten states.
Speaker 3: How would you even get to just black people for a text message that? Yeah, that's the crazy part of it.
Speaker 5: This is a story that needs more details, and unfortunately I don't have that.
Speaker 4: I don't have to kind of wait it out all right, fbis on it.
Speaker 5: If you're opening up the walls of your house, it can be creepy to find anything weird. Maybe you find an animal that's weird. But what if what if it was like a stuffed animal. What if you open the walls to your house and there were over one hundred plush animals. That's what happened to a couple in Canada for insallation.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: They were kicking down some dry wall and at one point the insulation stopped and there was a random stuffed animal.
Speaker 6: You cut the stuffed animal open.
Speaker 4: It might have money in the drugs or diamonds.
Speaker 3: You're watching too many movies.
Speaker 5: They pulled more dry wall, and then they pulled more stuffed animal insulation.
Speaker 4: It just continued. They pulled one hundred and ten plush animals out.
Speaker 9: Of the wall.
Speaker 4: They put them on a table. They put up a video. It went viral.
Speaker 5: Yeah, other people are just like, I want this toffed animal.
Speaker 4: I want that.
Speaker 5: So the couple started giving away the animals to people all across the world because most of them were in great condition. But they've sent out now these toffed animals to the UK, Vegas, South Carolina, Indiana. I remember this couple lives in Canada, so Rod probably knows them.
Speaker 4: Maybe you could get a Rod Ryan show.
Speaker 1: It's a very big, fast country.
Speaker 4: Hmm, you would know fast.
Speaker 6: You know every square engine.
Speaker 5: The nominations for the sixty seventh Grammy Awards will be unveiled this morning. It's gonna come late in the show, Rod, I think they're gonna start at nine to forty five our time. So the names who that could be up for the awards are like Beyonce, Taylor Swift. They're saying Taylor Swift and Chapel Roan are going to clean up with nominations. Other artists who could receive multiple noms include Sabrina Carpenter, Billy Eilash Eilish, and Post Malone. Also, for the first time ever, the Beatles and The Rolling Stones could be nominated in the same category because they each submitted songs for Best Rock Performance. So again, I will be on the Grammy website. It's not gonna happen till later in the show, but the nooms are coming out for the Grammys. Tools Maynor James Keenan was coming up as a musician during an interesting period, and during an appearance on the Burt Kreischer podcast, the singer recalled some of the bands he thought would be huge at the time and never quite made it. So if you go over, I'm sorry you got to go over to the music blog page to see everything he said. But here I'm gonna just slip over there for a second.
Speaker 3: What would be the connection with Bert? I mean, does Burt just get whoever he wants?
Speaker 6: And tool, and they're like, you get madded and can on your podcast? Is I had people asking me stuff? Not I would I would not take mad It on it, I guess, but I would take other musicians.
Speaker 5: He mentions Nirvana. He says there was a band called Dead White and Blue Dumpster Liquid Jesus. No, he did, he did, like, but he's he's talking about like these alt rock band scenesters that.
Speaker 6: He didn't think they made it then, like bands that should have made it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's talking about bands that he thought were going to be huge that didn't pan Outirvana, No, Nirvana did pan out.
Speaker 4: That one pan out.
Speaker 3: He's talking about all these other bands when they were coming up in the scene that he thought were going to be huge. So it's just a bunch of bands he never heard of. But of course, he.
Speaker 5: Said, Liquid Jesus may have the highest profile of all the bands that he named.
Speaker 3: But Bert did ask him his favorite tool. You're gonna have to go to the blog page to see that.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, good good, Che's on that those.
Speaker 4: Are she since have one?
Speaker 1: What you got over there?
Speaker 6: On Thursday Night football, the Ravens got by the Bengals thirty five to thirty four. The Bengals scored a touchdown and could have tied it with an extra point right at the end of the game. They likeded to go for two, though, and did not get it. You can go see that play on the sports blog page today.
Speaker 3: Then you can also can see Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 6: At one point he looked like a video game character. He gained ten yards on a play, but he ran like sixty yards in total, back and forth, back and forth, side to side and then juking out defenders to then gain the ten yards.
Speaker 4: He's amazing.
Speaker 6: I more than half the field to gain ten yards. Pretty crazy play. It looks like you're watching a video game. On the sports blog page today if you want to go check that out. On Sunday Night, the Texans Prime Time, they're gonna be hosting the Lions. They're three and a half point underdogs going into this. Kickoff's gonna be at seven to twenty. You can watch it on NBC. Textans, you're gonna be rocking the new the new look battle red uniforms with the horns on the helmet that are pretty cool looking. In college Football's notable games on the slate for tomorrow, number five, UT hosts Florida at eleven. Third ranked Georgia is gonna be at number sixteen Ole Miss at three thirty in the big game of the weekend. His number fifteen ls ugas eleventh ranked Alabama. That'll be six thirty tomorrow night. You can watch it on ABC. In basketball, the Rockets took gonna be back in action tonight looking for their third straight win. You're gonna play the Thunder on the road Tip Office at seven. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 3: That is what's going on in sports. You know I don't do a lot with the NBA. Yeah, he test is a big fan. She chimes in from time to time. I'd like to chime in. Wold you like to chime in with lamar Odom. I went out and had one of those real sex dolls made that looks like Chloe Kardashian his ex wife.
Speaker 1: Uh huh looking at girls blog page today, All.
Speaker 6: Right, I'll check down.
Speaker 4: Lamar Oltim is so not in the NBA anymore.
Speaker 6: Well, he's an NBA veteran.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's NBA adjacent, not NBA news.
Speaker 3: It's an NBA story for sure. It is looking at girls on the Rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am, the bus.
Speaker 1: Ba Friday.
Speaker 7: You've got free Bamn Briday. You got a free Bamn Briday. You got a free ban Briday. Free Bam Friday. Right, Bamn Briday, damn bridaye man Friday.
Speaker 1: Good morning rod right show.
Speaker 11: What's up with up with up?
Speaker 3: What's up with you?
Speaker 1: Who is this?
Speaker 9: Randy? You?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 19: It's yes?
Speaker 3: How is Alex hearing this and not like flying into action?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Alex got Randy on the phone.
Speaker 4: Alex, his name is?
Speaker 1: His name is Randy?
Speaker 6: Gotcha?
Speaker 1: Randy?
Speaker 4: Gotcha?
Speaker 1: Have you ever heard of a ring?
Speaker 6: Wasn't really that long before I got to drop in there? All right, it's like ten seconds.
Speaker 4: Okay, let me try this whole lifetime.
Speaker 6: This is what I didn't see him. This is one in the call of screen.
Speaker 3: This is what it should sound like.
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this?
Speaker 9: Her name is Randy Apio.
Speaker 3: It's wait a minute, got Randy, Tom We're so slow?
Speaker 4: I hate this.
Speaker 1: Quick that was.
Speaker 11: We had to do time.
Speaker 1: Randy.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, dude, you're caller number ten. It looks like you got the seven to ten split and you got the seven o'clock beers congratulations.
Speaker 13: Thank you so much.
Speaker 9: I'm so thirsty.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's thirsty. He's thirsty.
Speaker 1: We're from Randy.
Speaker 20: Great court.
Speaker 1: All right, bro, I need you to have a great weekend.
Speaker 6: Okay, I sure well, bud y'all too.
Speaker 3: Thank you for joining.
Speaker 11: Randy.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Randy, thank you.
Speaker 14: Well.
Speaker 1: I hope you're up to a great start to your day.
Speaker 3: As I always tell you, I didn't really seem much over a forty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms throughout the day, hies. Today, I'm around eighty four. Same thing tomorrow, thirty percent chance cloudy skies might not hit eighty tomorrow might be seventy nine.
Speaker 1: It's about time.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance of rain, morning clouds, afternoon sun on Sunday. Can I can we talk a little bit about what we're doing next week?
Speaker 15: Sure?
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, I'm not even close to the halfway point of the show here, but I wanted to give everybody. I wanted to send you into the weekend, and I want you to know what we're doing next week because it's a big, big deal. Well, I want to know. I have a wheel here and I again, yeah I know, but you're gonna get excited.
Speaker 1: There's no snacks on the way.
Speaker 6: I know there's not. We got scolded yesterday when we tried to put snacks.
Speaker 3: I tried, I was told that this whole thing was gonna get shut down if I even brought up snacks. It was so mad. There are no fun There are no snacks on the wheel. But what the wheel? And some of you that are watching now on Facebook and YouTube you can see you can see the wheel.
Speaker 1: The wheel is loaded with guitars.
Speaker 3: We're going to introduce you to something called the guitarist next week. Nice, okay, next week starts the Fall Guitarvest.
Speaker 1: Now, I'll also go on to say this.
Speaker 3: We were sitting around in a meeting and we were talking about what are we gonna call this stupid thing? And that's the thing that rolled out of my mouth. And nobody came up with anything even remotely better.
Speaker 4: Well, we knew that was the best thing.
Speaker 3: No, it was like the least dumb thing that we came up with.
Speaker 6: We just wanted there also to be a guitar vest that's also thrown in.
Speaker 3: Next week, the Fall Guitarvest. We'll hit every We'll hit every morning at eight twenty. We're gonna spin the Wheel. We're gonna take callers and then we're gonna spin the wheel. You could win like I just swon the wheel, some one autographed guitar, Tody's I Prevail, Godsmack Buzzfest thirty two, Hardy, You.
Speaker 1: Get a little country on this wheel.
Speaker 3: Buzzfest twenty twenty one, Three Days Grace with Adam Gauntier, You kidding me? Three Doors Down, Whipping out the Bush, Buzzfest fourteen Ghost Black Keys, and I gotta be honest with you. The coolest guitar in guitarist right now, because every time we get rid of a guitar, we'll add a new one to the list. There's fourteen of them, because there's fourteen slots.
Speaker 1: On my wheel.
Speaker 3: There is a highly suspect guitar on the list on the on the guitarvest wheel, and it was used in concert and Johnny broke it. Johnny smashed it. We have that guitar on the guitarist Wheel.
Speaker 6: That's grit.
Speaker 3: It's the fall Guitarist. It goes down next week. We're gonna do it each and every day for two weeks. For two weeks, we're gonna give away ten guitars for guitarist at a twenty every day next week, So I best of luck to you. This is awesome. It's something that little something that we wanted to do before the holidays, and I know we've done this traditionally before Christmas. I wanted to do it before Thanksgiving. So that's where we came up with the dumb name. Or I came up with the dumb name.
Speaker 5: What's that little spiral basket that you always think of when you see a harvest like Thanksgiving?
Speaker 3: I came up with guitar copia and that really got shut down hard.
Speaker 4: Is that what it is? A coopia?
Speaker 6: Cornicopia cornop I'd like to present to all of the winners though the guitars in a corner, if that would be possible. Do you think we could make that happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a bouquet, like they should all be, like you want to use the neck of the guitar is in the corner.
Speaker 5: Congratulations guitar, big cornicopia with all the guitars in the same one and Rod's holding it and he's like bestowing it upon the local.
Speaker 3: I wanted to give away mash potatoes with all of them guitars and masks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you had really good ideas there was like you know, the administration, Yeah, was holding you back.
Speaker 1: I also came up with six string casserole that got shut down. He's a peak yell.
Speaker 3: I'm five guitarriist was the best we could do. So that's all next week. I really look forward to spending the wheel every day and just the wheel's a good time.
Speaker 1: The wheels always a good time.
Speaker 3: Now, speaking of that band that broke that guitar, which I'm most excited about a broken guitar on all the other guitars work, I'm more excited about the broken guitar than anything. The band that broke that guitar is highly Suspected. They're playing tonight. I am going to give you a chance to go see them tonight. Is this the news?
Speaker 4: But I don't know. It's making me nervous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry. I don't know why that got in there.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna give you a chance to win tickets to go see highly Suspect on the flip of this break. So stay right there. Houston Rock, Houston's Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning Show, Matty four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: I got people asking me about guitarvest. That's good. Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 3: They said, hey, are you going to when you talk about the Buzzfest guitars, are you gonna tell us what bands were on that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I will, and then I know Test's favorite thing, but I don't mind. You can. Wikipedia does have all the Buzzfests listed with all the different bands.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so if I say Buzzfest fourteen, you can go look that up. If you Google that, it'll come up and it'll it'll show who's on there, and I will include the bands if the if the guitar comes up, I will include the bands that are on there. But we're talking about this new promotion that's going to start on Monday. It's going to be a ten day promotion next week and the week after eight twenty. Spin the Wheel, the Fall, Guitarvest, autographed guitar blown out every single day you fall in love with it, You'll fall in love with it.
Speaker 4: That's really good, Alex, Yeah, where were.
Speaker 3: You last week? Yeah, so that's gonna happen for the next couple of weeks on this show at eight twenty. It's only here on The Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: The Guitarist the guitarvest. Get it, play with it, play with it, put it in your hands, play with it.
Speaker 3: When you play with that a little bit, it really becomes like malleble and.
Speaker 1: Play with it. Yeah, what's trending?
Speaker 4: You're looking at girls blog pages doing well? So you got some.
Speaker 5: I'm towards the end here, So I'm looking at like Britney Spears and stuff. This Martha documentary on Netflix. I've heard people raving about it. I haven't watched it yet because I got knocked out of my Netflix account because I shared my password.
Speaker 4: But I really want to watch it, and I see you have it here.
Speaker 5: You have a lot of You got Rihanna, you got Chloe because of the lamar Odoms story, Golden Bachelorette.
Speaker 4: So you're looking at girls blog page, Joma.
Speaker 3: There's a movement of women. It's a small movement, but it's out there and it's getting it's getting some attention because Trump was elected. They're not going to have sex anymore, Okay.
Speaker 5: The four B movement where women are going to refuse to date men, get married, have sex with men, or have children.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that seems to be like one TikToker came up with something and everybody ran with that story?
Speaker 11: Is that?
Speaker 16: Well?
Speaker 4: Actually No.
Speaker 5: Four B actually started in like North Korea. Yeah, cool, that's where it comes from. I've seen this on TikTok, but yeah, it is a very very interesting read there as well.
Speaker 3: Else have fun because it doesn't sound like it's much fun, So have fun with that, So have fun.
Speaker 6: Drive every woman does it. I don't think it really affects him.
Speaker 3: You know what you do that. I'll be giving away guitars all next week.
Speaker 6: What else happen?
Speaker 5: Bronnie James is being sent to the G League. Espans reporting that the South Bay Lakers. His son's going to join the South Bay Lakers and expected to make his debut for the team Saturday night. So Bronnie uh going down to the G League affiliate with the Lakers. Also, LSU is bringing a live tiger back to Tiger Stadium tomorrow they play Alabama.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a big rivalry game.
Speaker 5: It won't be the regular mascot Mike the Seventh, but an actual Bengal time named Omar Bradley now Pete very upset. Okay, they're calling this move shameful and out of touch with today's respect for a wild species. Uh, that is what's trending on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's give away some tickets and then I'm gonna get a little I'm gonna move aund a little bit in the studio.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Feel a little jumpy, like springy, feel a little jumpy, little bounce, bounce.
Speaker 3: What do you have to give away?
Speaker 4: Highly suspect tickets? Okay, they're playing today, buy a music center.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they'll be there tonight and their guitar will be on the guitarist wheel. It's broke. They're like, hey, we're gonna give this guitar away. So, in true highly suspect fashion, he picked it up and just fine trashed it, which is awesome. All right, while you guys are dialing in for the highly suspect tickets tonight. Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah yeah good.
Speaker 4: That feels so good.
Speaker 3: I'm having a hard time keeping these on Clydes down jumping around.
Speaker 1: How's it pay?
Speaker 3: Ninety four five The Bus Buzz, how's the cane time? Brod Ryan's show, Free Beer Friday, Get another case of beer coming up for you at eight o'clock. Nuts Cracker Market tickets for you next hour.
Speaker 1: All that madness is next weekend?
Speaker 3: Pretty good to look at weekend here thirty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms today, Hi have eighty four mostly cloudy, thirty percent chance of rain seventy nine Tomorrow morning clouds.
Speaker 1: Afternoon sun on Sunday. There you go, low chances of rain eighty four. I got tickets to go see Highly Suspect here. Good morning. Who's on the phone.
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 4: Who's this Amanda?
Speaker 1: A little winded here?
Speaker 3: Sorry, I've been jumping around, been jumping around for three and a half minutes.
Speaker 1: Hey, your caller number ten? Yes, Amanda.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen Highly Suspect before?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 4: I have not.
Speaker 3: Oh they're so good, they are so good live. I am so excited for you to go and see them tonight. Okay, we're gonna give you those tickets.
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you so much, Thank you.
Speaker 3: So much, Thank you so much for listening, Thanks for being awesome and all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, aman, thank you?
Speaker 3: Maybe yeah, snap a photograph of here with the show. I'd love to see.
Speaker 1: Love to see you having a good time.
Speaker 3: A Highly Suspect guitar is on the guitarist wheel?
Speaker 1: What is the guitarist wheel?
Speaker 2: You ask?
Speaker 3: Well, I just kind of busted that out on everybody. It's the fall guitarist. It starts on Monday Show. We got fourteen guitars that we have gotten autographed over the years, and we'll spin the wheel at eight twenty each and every day. The thing about that highly suspect guitar is it broke. It was I remember him breaking that on stage. Patrick, this is the kind of thing that gets you kicked out of here, he wrote, guitarist in a snack.
Speaker 6: I stopped.
Speaker 3: They said I even mentioned throwing in a snack with these guitars.
Speaker 1: They were gonna pull the plug on the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, nobody, like, nobody likes the snack idea this okay, Like nobody likes the whole snack thing. The fun squad over there, they got to like keep the snacks there waiting for President coming.
Speaker 6: Difficult to keep it in a box.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 3: They don't like the snack element to any of this. So, Patrick, that's the kind of thing that will get you blocked. Don't do it again, Okay, don't bring up the snacks. Just be happy we're doing guitar, mister. Okay, Now, Kristen's got a bit of a story here, she said, Rod story time. I won tickets for Highly Suspect from Jeremy. I was trying to win tickets for your anniversary party. But back then I made a deal with Choppa. Do you remember he won a pair of tickets at Little Woodrow's.
Speaker 1: He already had a pair.
Speaker 3: So he is now getting me into He got me into your anniversary party. I told him I would get him to go with me to Highly Suspect.
Speaker 4: They did a whole deal right, so funny.
Speaker 3: It was the last ticket giveaway that we were doing at Little Woodrows in Ito. I remember this whole deal going on. And Chapa is a great veteran, so a shout out. Veterans Day is coming up on Monday. Ye that means the Marine Corps birthday. We're gonna miss it. It's Saturday, right, or it's Sunday, it's a day before Veterans Day. I believe.
Speaker 4: Oh, what are we gonna do?
Speaker 3: What I do? So he said tonight? She said, tonight, our deal will be fulfilled. We had a blast at your anniversary party. I'm so excited to see Highly Suspect tonight. I will try to take a bunch of pictures for you. I'm also hoping to get to run into other rod Ryan Show listeners who won tickets. I'll be wearing my anniversary t shirt tonight. I hope you have a fabulous time in Vegas. I can't wait to see your six picks. There's Chili Choppa and Chris who cut this deal.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Listeners making deals with each other taking each other to concerts and stuff. That's awesome. That is I love hearing all that. We'll have a great time at Highly Suspect tonight. I wish I could be there. They're amazing live. It's rod Ryan's three Beer Friday. You get really really drunk. Oh and then you get reckless and it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: On ninety four The.
Speaker 3: Buzz four or five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. It's Lincoln Park and Lost. Oh, Lincoln Park is playing tonight. The show is tonight in Arlington. I know we gave away a bunch of picture or a bunch of tickets to that show. You can tell where I'm going because I spoke. But I would love if you guys took some photographs. I'm not trying to take the heat off of me. I know I got six picks, but a lot of great shows this weekend, Lincoln Park. Take some pictures, Wizard, you know, I mean, Wizard's gonna take a million. Did he already kind of throw it out there?
Speaker 1: He's like, well, you know, we see you guys are Monday.
Speaker 3: My six picks.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, on his way out, casually.
Speaker 1: Didn't he mention.
Speaker 21: It out?
Speaker 3: Oh that's what he said.
Speaker 1: He pulled the old.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I'll send him my six picks, even though I know you guys won't post them. He pulled that.
Speaker 6: He's very aware.
Speaker 3: Oh woe is me, No one will post my pictures when I send him in. We're gonna post all right. If you're going to that stuff, include us, tag us, send them to me. I would love to see them.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you feel one of your legacies on this show? There's three things that come to mind, Like, right off the top of my head, there's the time you got choked out by Tito Ortiz.
Speaker 6: Okay, I think that.
Speaker 1: Was like one of your greatest moments on this show.
Speaker 3: Pretty early on, you know, I mean, there's announcing, there's announcing that you're getting married. There's an seeing him a kid, which was so fun last year at the Christmas party. Those are types of things. But I mean, I think you're kind of known as the grocery cart guy. Okay with that, like you'll go down in history. It's like, remember Alex Boy, he really had a bugaboo about people.
Speaker 6: That guy was good about returning cards. I would like that if that was my legacy.
Speaker 3: You feel that everybody that listens to the show knows that you poured water directly into your engine, right into the crank case. I would say, yes, like you were told to put some water in there to cool down your car. You were told, and you just grabbed the first cap you saw it wasn't the radiator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you poured water directly into the engine.
Speaker 3: Roaching it. Yes.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, you'll be known for that right, so much so that I did not share this story with you guys yet, But oh no more. Get an a fender bender. A couple of weeks ago, I had my car in the shop and I got it back the other day. Had I had called the guy a check up on it. The guy was really cool the whole time, and then he was like, hey, Alex, try not to put any water in it. Never It's part of five six years ago, still listen useless made even waiting with he been sitting on that joke for like two weeks. Yeah, that's full time.
Speaker 4: I respected it, but I was like, damn the arts.
Speaker 3: More people know that I called a plumber to hit the reset button on my garbage disposal.
Speaker 6: It just didn't cost you five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: It was seventy five bucks. And the guy goes, dude, there's a reset button on there. I have to charge you. I'm here. You do that once, you know you ruin an engine once, won't do it again. Is there anything Is there anything happening? I know it is a long setup. Is there anything happening right now in the world that people feel they're more confident on doing their own repairs on cars? I mean cars are getting more and more confusing. I open up the hood of a car at my Tundra or something. I don't even I don't know what's in there.
Speaker 4: I just feel like the little stuff.
Speaker 11: Do you like it? Like?
Speaker 5: I feel like YouTube is a great resource for people to kind of figure stuff out on their own. Like, you know, it's a small, small repair, a small issue, not like, hey, I'm gonna pull apart my whole car engine because someone on YouTube is also doing it.
Speaker 3: I think you're right. I think you're right on that. I think because of YouTube, it's got people feeling like I might be able to do this on my own. All the numbers are up on simple car repairs changes of flat tire sixty five percent people. Sixty five percent of people say they could, up from fifty two percent of people in twenty fifteen. Nice people think they can change their own.
Speaker 4: Tire sharing information online? Yeah, what is the percentage of people that can change their time?
Speaker 1: Sixty five percent say they could.
Speaker 6: Okay, but think about this, I would have thought it would have been way higher than that, because nobody wants to admit that they can't. The amount of people that actually can, I would think would be lower than the people do say yes.
Speaker 3: Then I'm appreciating the honesty here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: Fifty eight percent of people say they could.
Speaker 3: Change their oil. Could you change your oil on your car?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 1: Would you know?
Speaker 3: How would you know what to do?
Speaker 5: I know there's a dipstick, I know you open this and she checked the oil.
Speaker 4: Short right to check it?
Speaker 5: But yeah, beyond that, no, And now I'm in an electric vehicle, so I don't have to worry about that. Oh okay, but no, I couldn't do it.
Speaker 6: You have done a pan to collect the oil. I know that. I had a friend that tried to change his own oil and he got oil all over him.
Speaker 5: So you have to have a pan, and you have to make sure it's big enough. You might have to have multiple pans, because I've.
Speaker 6: Seen people's since cups.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oil everywhere. There wasn't a Saturday or a Sunday growing up in my neighborhood in the spring, summer or fall that there weren't at least ten cars on blocks in a driveway where the dad of that house was under the hood doing something, just working on There were timing belts back then. There was some kind of a gun that like with a light. There was things that my dad was. My dad was changing spark plugs, I do remember that, and changing my filters and he was underneath in his little creeper, underneath the car. There wasn't a Saturday or a Sunday that there wasn't ten cars up and down the street. Yeah, working on their working on your cars. I don't see one now. I don't see anybody with their head on I don't ever see the hood of a car up ever anywhere.
Speaker 15: No.
Speaker 3: Fifty eight percent of us say they could change their oil. Almost fifty percent of us say you could change your brake fluid.
Speaker 4: What there's fluid for? Breaks?
Speaker 1: Could you replace a battery?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 3: I could. I don't want to, though.
Speaker 1: I called the guy to come to my house and do it.
Speaker 3: Such a puss.
Speaker 6: But now they're under so much stuff sometimes like it used to, the battery was like right on top. Agreed, But it makes me nervous to like I think I could, but you have to kind of go over and under stuff, like.
Speaker 4: Why I can't need something exactly?
Speaker 6: If I'm just if I'm gonna argue and point at somebody that messed it up, if they mess it up, and because I paid them, if I'm gonna bury myself.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna put myself six feet under. Yeah, yeah, I left the lights on in my truck. I had Chili come over and jump me. I'm like, you got some cables. Of course, he's a man, Okay, So he brings over the cables. I open up the hood of my tundra. I can't find the battery. I can't find it, Okay, what kind of half assed man opens up the hood of his own truck that he owns, cannot find the battery? Here I go YouTube, blah blah blah, it's underneath the back seat. Ah, the battery of my truck is underneath the back seat.
Speaker 4: Seem they need to label things better.
Speaker 6: What what's it going back there? When did that start?
Speaker 4: They can't just do that and not tell us that's it a while?
Speaker 3: They did it unbeknownst to me. All right, well, guys, listen, guys, gals. More Americans think they can handle simple car repairs than we did from ten years ago.
Speaker 1: That's a good thing.
Speaker 4: He as tunes rocking alternatives.
Speaker 11: The Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 3: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Rod Ryan Show. On this three Beer Friday. Got in a case of beer coming up for you in just a little bit. I see about a thirty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms today, high of eighty four.
Speaker 1: Same thing tomorrow with mostly cloudy skies. Keep it a little cooler tomorrow.
Speaker 3: High seventy nine. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain for your Sunday morning clouds afternoon sun Sunday eighty four at the Marine Corps Birthday because Veterans Day. We'll be here for Veterans Day as we kick off Guitarvist and then we'll see if the Birdman can get in the Hall of Fame. We got to be here on Monday, so we'll be here for that.
Speaker 1: But that's what your weekend looks like, Tesla. You have Houston's headlines, I do.
Speaker 5: President elect Trump says his administration is going to carry out mass deportations, no matter the cost. He was speaking to the media yesterday saying that he welcomes people to the United States, but they have to come in legally. Also, a Trump appointed federal judge struck down a Biden immigration program yesterday. This is a program that kept undocumented spouses of American citizens.
Speaker 4: From being deported.
Speaker 5: The Federal Reserve is cutting interest rates by a quarter point. This decision comes on the heels of some positive signs that inflation is cooling. And announcing the move, the Fed chairman Jerome Powell also it clear that he was or has no intention of stepping down should he be asked to by President elect Donald Trump. His current term lasts until twenty twenty six. Would you support this. If it happened here, Australia might ban social media for kids under sixteen. No one younger than that would legally be allowed on apps like TikTok, Instagram and Snapchat. Social media sites would have to take reasonable steps to prevent access, and parents wouldn't be able to opt out. The Parliament in Australia plans to vote on this bill later this month. It was announced yesterday by the Prime Minister there saying that social media is harming our kids.
Speaker 4: It's time to do.
Speaker 5: Something about it. He called it world leading legislation. It would apply to all those big sites as I mentioned, TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat, maybe even YouTube. Kids and parents wouldn't get in trouble, but the sites would. They'd have to take those reasonable steps to prevent access. It would go into effect twelve months after the law passes, so think late next year. If it goes through and parents would not be able to opt out, a reminder would be a full ban.
Speaker 4: What do you think, ron, I like it.
Speaker 3: I don't think you need to be on social media. I understand well, hmm, these kids watch YouTube videos? Is social media? What is the band in Australia Social media.
Speaker 4: All social media.
Speaker 5: It's saying the big apps like Instagram, TikTok, snapchat x and maybe YouTube.
Speaker 4: That's what it says here.
Speaker 1: It'd be hard to.
Speaker 3: Ban YouTube, but that means they can't get out up on their own. That means you have to sign them in and you have to make sure that you're monitoring everything that they're watching, which isn't a bad idea. I'm on board with this even if it includes YouTube, I am. I would be on board with this here.
Speaker 5: I think the harm it causes is well, or that it can cause. You know, if you're getting down your wrong algorithm, if your algorithms setting you up for failure.
Speaker 3: You know, it's just kids are getting kids are getting everything from YouTube right now. That would be the most difficult one. My kid loves YouTube.
Speaker 4: Because Ali and Jojo really love it when they were younger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they absolutely love it.
Speaker 3: But man keeping them away from Twitter and Facebook, yeah for sure.
Speaker 5: Ellwood Edwards passed away this week after a long illness. He passed away on Tuesday. He was just a day shy of his seventy fifth birthday.
Speaker 4: You may not know his.
Speaker 5: Name, but you know his work. He was AOLS You've got mail game. Yo, Yeah, that's the guy. One more time do we have or no, this doesn't work that quick? But you can't do that?
Speaker 4: Well Ellwood, here he has.
Speaker 5: Elwood, You've Got Mail was paid two hundred dollars in nineteen eighty nine to record four lines welcome, You've got mail, File's done, and goodbye. Elwood worked for many years as a graphics and camera operator at the local Cleveland TV station WKYC. He also was seen in twenty sixteen working as an uber driver. So he was on The Tonight Show back in twenty fifteen, and there's a story of how he got the famous gig, so you can go look at that.
Speaker 4: I believe we have a blog page up for that.
Speaker 3: I knew a guy back in the day, much less famous, but he was on a commercial. And because you think, okay, was that just one take that could have taken all day for whoever wanted to hear it a certain way, I worked with a guy that did Prego It's in there. Oh four hours, he's in there waiting for the guy behind the board to say that's the one Prego spaghetti sauce, right, yea Prego it's in there.
Speaker 1: It's it w e NBC.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows that. Everybody knows that scene from Howard Stearn's movie. Yeah, four hours to do that one line.
Speaker 4: That's pretty wild.
Speaker 5: You know, I had a coworker Amy, She was asked to voice.
Speaker 4: One of the ways there the ways voices, and I know it took. I took multiple days.
Speaker 5: And I know she got paid pretty pretty penny.
Speaker 4: Pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Three people are being charged in relation to the death of Liam Payne, the former One Direction singer, fell from the ball You have a hotel in bas Aris last month. Yesterday, Argentina's public prosecutor said someone who was with pain on a daily basis has been charged with abandoning him after his death. Two others have been charged for supplying him with drugs.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston's headlines Taking Alex.
Speaker 6: On Thursday Night Football, the Ravens got by the Bengals thirty five to thirty four. The Bengals scored a touchdown and could have tied it with an extra point, but they elected to go for two and did not get it at the end of the game, so that was the difference. Sunday Night Football, the Texans have the Lions at home in primetime. Texans are three and a half point underdogs coming into this one. Lions are pretty good, but the Texans are debuting the new look battle Red unis. They look great, they do. They were showing like their little hype video for it today. It's a shiny red helmet with the horn on it. Candy apple red candy applets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they look so pretty sexy.
Speaker 6: So hopefully that gives him a little bunk. You saw the Ravens were wearing those purple helmets yesterday. Sometimes you look good, you feel good.
Speaker 5: You maybe maybe those new battle Reds go one to oh in their first game.
Speaker 6: That'll kick off at seven twenty. You watch on NBC College Football. Some notable games on tomorrow's slate. Number five UT hosts Florida at eleven am. Third rank Georgia is gonna be at number sixteen Ole Miss at three thirty in the big game of the weekend is number fifteen LSU against eleventh ranked Alabama that kicks off at six thirty on ABC. In basketball, the Rockets are back in action tonight. They're looking for their third straight win. They're gonna play the thunder up in Oklahoma City. Tip offs at seven, and you can listen to it over on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety That is what's.
Speaker 3: Going on in sports. Coming up on the Buzz, the Buzz, the Buzz, the Buzz, the Buz, Buz, the Buz the Bus. Coming up on a halfway point Show, halfway point of the show.
Speaker 1: I got more beer for you guys.
Speaker 3: Let's go Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The Rod Roy Morning Show from six to ten am ninety four or five.
Speaker 11: The Buzz.
Speaker 6: For your Friday. Not just any Friday, figure Friday. It is for your Friday.
Speaker 5: As in one three two, one two four five.
Speaker 6: Your number.
Speaker 9: Call is at the number to get three you and what's called that number.
Speaker 4: Three Beer for me, free beer for you, free beer.
Speaker 9: For us, Give me free you, give me all the free beer. Give me free per gim you give me free beer.
Speaker 6: You Friday, Ryan Shore, come and get some, Come and come and get some free your Friday. Ready for your tometime.
Speaker 7: Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. You come to free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday, and right Friday, and rock Friday and free Bad Friday.
Speaker 1: Good morning Rod Ryan Show, Good.
Speaker 3: Morning mister Rod.
Speaker 5: No God God, no.
Speaker 1: Way, Robbie, you are calling away. You are caller.
Speaker 3: You're number ten?
Speaker 6: Dude?
Speaker 8: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: How do you do that?
Speaker 9: Magic?
Speaker 22: No, it's you got to call. You got to call. You got to call the secret number seven one three, two, one two five ninety four five.
Speaker 3: I mean that's it right there, Rob Hang on a second, get chilli or chilli.
Speaker 1: No, I don't my name's.
Speaker 3: On the show.
Speaker 1: I don't believe it.
Speaker 4: You don't believe that your name's on the show.
Speaker 1: I know that my name's on the show.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that Robbie was called ten.
Speaker 4: He was like two, and then he was a looky, Tim, you're a savage.
Speaker 3: You're telling me one two, three, four five six, seven eight nine ten. The other end of that phone is Robbie.
Speaker 6: Call her ten?
Speaker 3: Guy? Do you think I want to hear Robbie every day?
Speaker 1: I do you know why you're complaining? I thought maybe you're doing me a favor.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 3: No, he's really called ten.
Speaker 4: He he you know what on my life?
Speaker 3: On my life, Robbie? Okay, now I believe you.
Speaker 1: Where Robbie? Where does this put you?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: Because where't you bother? Okay?
Speaker 3: But isn't there somebody that has sixteen? Are you not? I don't know. I don't care.
Speaker 22: I think there's somebody that four more years, I'm gonna have twenty or twenty five, he said, I don't care. Hold on, listen, it is Nope, he cracked.
Speaker 1: He's cracking a beer right now.
Speaker 4: He needs this, he needs to win.
Speaker 22: I just come up and not for the last two weeks again, I believe it.
Speaker 3: There's some other guy out there that was like chasing Robbie's number, and he said that he was close, right, And I think there was someone on that that maybe thought they had more wins on Free Beer Friday than Robbie. So maybe this puts them neck and neck. Robbie doesn't care. Robbie doesn't Robbie doesn't care. He's already been goaded.
Speaker 1: Robbie.
Speaker 3: You're calling over ten man, enjoy your beers.
Speaker 23: I sure will.
Speaker 22: Y'all have a great week. Hey, I got two hoodies. They're coming at the end of the most, but I have to get them so that I can see what kind of a case I have to get to put mine in.
Speaker 14: My wife is going to wear hers.
Speaker 22: I'm gonna put mine in a case.
Speaker 3: Oh, so wait, your wife's gonna wear one of the hoodies and then your case of beer is gonna wear the other hoodie.
Speaker 22: No, no, no, I'm gonna put my hoodie in a case.
Speaker 5: Like a like a display case, a display case.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. That's awesome. Like it's got like a hard rock cafe type of hood that's awesome.
Speaker 22: I can I can sit in in the Rod Ryan Show recliner that I won back when you gave recliners the way you'll know the show for your Summerson.
Speaker 3: This guy, this guy's wont some stuff from us, Robbie. I'm telling you that guy puts a smile on my face every single time. Thank you, Robbie. Enjoy your beers.
Speaker 6: Call her number teen comes through Rock and Alternative very use The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 11: Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 3: The Buzz four or five The Buzz. Welcome back Rod Ryan's Show. Eight nineteen Nutcracker Market tickets coming your way. About a thirty percent chance of rain thunderstorms possible today, HI have eighty four. What's trending over there?
Speaker 4: Okay, two quick like things.
Speaker 5: The wildfire burning in southern California. That is huge. I know it's not it's kind of weather related. It has nothing to do with us, but it's already destroyed over twenty thousand acres of land and is only five percent contained. So I wanted to mention that and the hurricane Hurricane Raphael. They're saying the Hurricane Center is saying that the storm is just under six hundred miles east of the Rio Grande. Last time they checked, it had wins of one hundred and twenty miles per hour. So this is the first major hurricane in the Gulf in November in almost forty years. So I wanted to talk about that. Not very light tight or bright, but we can get to some of the fun stuff. Did you see people unveiling their sexiest men off the market list?
Speaker 3: I didn't see that.
Speaker 4: Alex. You know what, I've not seen what here?
Speaker 3: Dude, Alex is off the market?
Speaker 6: Sorry honest.
Speaker 5: Jalen Hurts, Noel Eyes, you like him, Dak Prescott, you don't like him. Sean White, Lady Gaga's fiance. So they men that are happily taken off the market, but they're still very sexy according to people. Also, did you see Jeopardy took a jab at Travis Kelcey with one of their clues.
Speaker 1: I've read that this morning in.
Speaker 5: A category call the TV show in question, the two hundred dollars clue read, are you Smarter than a celebrity? Is hosted by this man who's maybe more famous as a boyfriend than as a three time super Bowl champ. The contestant that he said, who is Travis kelce and Ken Jennings confirmed it.
Speaker 3: But geez my mom only knows Travis Kelcey as Taylor Swift's boyfriend, not as a three times super Bowl champion.
Speaker 1: He's more famous as her boyfriend.
Speaker 4: She really put him on the map.
Speaker 5: That's what's trending on ninety four or five of us.
Speaker 1: You got some giveaways here, I do.
Speaker 5: I have a four pack of tickets to the twenty twenty four net Cracker Market, which is happening November fourteenth through the seventeenth, and RG I'm so excited for this year stuck Cracker Market.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you going there?
Speaker 4: I am. We're gonna do a live show from there.
Speaker 5: But I'm also gonna go on opening night and I'm gonna just your present.
Speaker 4: Is coming from this market. So i gotta figure it out. Something's gonna call to me. I don't know what it is, but dyl dip.
Speaker 1: You want that dyll pickled dip, say less Red, It'll be something.
Speaker 4: Like, no, it's not for me, it's for Ron and you too, Alex.
Speaker 3: We're all getting pickled dip. We're all getting soup. Dry soup, mix dry dip. Just mix it with some cream cheese. You got a party, all right. Let's go caller number ten right now for your Nutcracker Market tickets. A four pack at that Zember one three two win two five nine four five it's ninety four five the buy up a stack and crawling in the dark. Free beer Friday, geez one case left. We'll hook you up straight up at nine o'clock with the case of beer. Then Chili's got to flip over those phones and then we'll take your calls for open phones. Friday, Do do do Leaving you with those Chelsea Handler tickets. You got a chance has some alternative income at nine ten Nutcracker Market tickets.
Speaker 1: We're cracking nuts right now.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, Good morning, good morning. Hey, who's this?
Speaker 6: This is Joe, Joe, your caller number ten.
Speaker 3: What's up.
Speaker 1: All right now?
Speaker 3: No wrong answer here, It's a four pack of tickets to the Nutcracker Market. It's going down next weekend.
Speaker 1: Do you go? Or do you give these tickets to somebody that will enjoy it?
Speaker 3: Giving them to my wife's daughter. Yeah, I'm not going to this. Will you be off the hook though? Will they be okay with it? Or it's like no, sometimes chicks do this. I want you to go with Why just go? We have a good time. You want to drag along some albatross with you, to carry all the bags?
Speaker 5: Who's gonna okay, there's always who's gonna pay for it?
Speaker 3: And carry there's always some spa angle with you. You're my Christmas sirpa, and to carry all my crafts.
Speaker 6: Well, listen, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, it's a four pack of tickets, so maybe hop in there.
Speaker 4: No, that's okay, No, dude, go ticket.
Speaker 3: And then it's like, but I want you to want to go. You better go and want to.
Speaker 1: Go, right, don't? I want you to go?
Speaker 4: But I want you to go with a good ad and I want you to be happy when you want.
Speaker 5: I want to want to look up and when I kick something up and say look how cute this is?
Speaker 4: I want you to go. That is cute?
Speaker 3: Somebody had asked me. Somebody had asked me what I'm doing in Las Vegas outside. I'm going to see the Eagles at the Sphere. You know, I'm not really that big a gambler. I'm going there this weekend. I'm going to see the Eagles the Sphere. You know, I don't want to brag. It's just so awesome. I want everybody to experience it. It's just an amazing concert going experience. I'll leave it at that. I kind of walk around. I want to walk. I just I like walking around in and out, grabbing a drink. I'll sit down and play a little blackjack or something like that. You know what, I've never been and I'm just wondering if anybody has. And this is just I know, this is completely just for me. Have you ever seen the pictures that come out of that Neon graveyard. There's all the old Neon.
Speaker 6: Signs are signs they just like light up sometimes yeah.
Speaker 3: They still light them up, but they're just all laying around. And it's like think of what a junk.
Speaker 1: Yard looks like with cars or a scrap yard, but it's.
Speaker 3: All the old Neon signs.
Speaker 1: They're all and they turned it into like a.
Speaker 3: Bit of a music.
Speaker 5: Is that where Audrey in Vegas Vacation is like dancing on a sign up high with her cousin, Like they're at that graveyard in Vegas Vacation I remember, and they're.
Speaker 4: Just drinking and she's like she climbs up.
Speaker 5: This big old sign and she's just Dancing's that could be you?
Speaker 3: That's my friend's band from Buffalo that they played the music when she gets on that pole.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's like twisting around and she's in that little outfit that her cousin put her in.
Speaker 3: My friend's band, God's Children. They were in like an somehow they got used in an X Files episode, like that guy got out of the car and there's like a rock band play. He shuts the door, you don't hear it, and they get money for that. And then somehow they got in on some kind of they got in the like available music that you could use and they use it for Vegas vacation. When when she got on the pole, I don't I remember that about my friend's band being used, but was it is what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: It's at I think that sign graveyard. I like, I've never been no one's been.
Speaker 3: Okay, if anyone's been, and if it's worth it, let me know. I would like to maybe go. That's one thing that I've never done. The other thing that I would give a pro tip to and I know you go to Vegas and your party balls or Alex likes to trip balls, as he said earlier today.
Speaker 6: No, I was just asking if you were.
Speaker 3: I have made and it was a long time ago, but I have made the trip to the Hoover Dam. And the Hoover Dam is an unbelievable thing to look at. To see it, the pictures don't do it justice. You got to kind of drive all the way out there. You would have to have like your maybe a rental car or something.
Speaker 6: Or the helicopter tours.
Speaker 4: Oh I did that. I've never done that.
Speaker 6: They always that's like the guys that are they have the stripper cars is trying to get you to do the call girls, and then they have the Hoover Dam tours and he well.
Speaker 1: You're talking about the guys with the cars that go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they just yeah, trying to make your attention.
Speaker 3: But they're not allowed to talk to you. Like for years, they were just real pushy. They would talk to you. Then they passed some sort of thing that these street people they only hand it. I think, yeah, so they just flap them on their hands. But they do this, and I'll have.
Speaker 4: These naked chicks on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, checks that'll come to your room.
Speaker 4: Oh god, well's go wrong.
Speaker 3: The Hoover Dam is definitely something. The Hoover Dam is something that it is. So the timeline is right there, so you can like hop over to a mountain time and oh yeah, and Eastern time or I'm sorry, Western time, whatever that is. Is it mountain in central I think it goes back and forth, back and forth whatever. The timeline is right there. It's just an amazing thing to see. It's I get it. I'm up against Vegas trying to get you to go there. It's the same thing that happens when I try to tell you, guys, go to the World War Two museum. When you go to New Orleans, Alice just wants to party balls and trip balls.
Speaker 6: He's like, don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: Can I trip balls there?
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, you can't trip balls at the World War two museum, but.
Speaker 4: Trip balls at home.
Speaker 3: But if you get up early, if you're with a bunch of people that sleep till noon, even though two hours is completely disrespectful, But get up. Go when the door's open to the World War Two museum, and two hours is better than no hours of the of the museum, and you'll see it and then beat your friends they get up at noon, and then you go when you start tripping your.
Speaker 4: Balls or whatever you do, whatever you do with your.
Speaker 3: What do you even do? I don't do my tripping ball. Sorry, if you've been to that graveyard where all those neon signs are, let me know if it's worth him.
Speaker 11: Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five of US.
Speaker 3: Okay, ninety four or five the Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. That's collective Soul in December. Help, you're off to a great start to your day. I've got another case of beer coming up for you.
Speaker 1: Robbie.
Speaker 3: Robbie came in and got a case of beer number three. You know him as caller ten Robbie on the show today.
Speaker 2: Clean.
Speaker 3: I don't know how he does it? How he does it?
Speaker 1: Did he say he was a previous caller too? Like, yeah, he was called three earlier sixteen. So I got beer.
Speaker 3: Alternative income, open phones Friday, all that stuff, are you.
Speaker 4: Going to play the song I like for the last beer? Can I get my requestion?
Speaker 6: That's the eight o'clock hour to play?
Speaker 4: But what about the nine?
Speaker 3: But I appreciate you putting that in before the last case ever was given nois you said something about that after the fourth case was given away and.
Speaker 5: Then you getting better time He's getting good ik you use that as you.
Speaker 3: Know the show question I was somehow you forced me to play it against my will, still got it played.
Speaker 1: I've been getting nothing.
Speaker 3: But hey, I work on my car, Hey Rod, I changed my own oil, I change brake pads, I changed my air filters.
Speaker 4: Well, good for you, your genius.
Speaker 1: Like listen, I know Alex wants to play the good for you thing. I don't. I'm proud of you.
Speaker 3: I think that's great. I cannot believe. I cannot believe. In the last ten years, all the numbers are up. Heading into twenty twenty five, more of us feel confident we could handle minor car repairs on our own if we had to.
Speaker 1: And everything is up, from changing a.
Speaker 3: Flat tire to oil to break fluid to swapping out a battery, all the numbers are up. In the last ten years, people are feeling more and more confident. People are feeling more and more confident on the videos on you. I guess it's just hey, people on YouTube, they make everything look so easy I do. They make it looks like, damn, I can do that. That's my toxic trait. I think I can do everything that they're doing on YouTube. I know I can't. I can't do any of it, Ryan says brother Rod. Here he goes, you know what you can play? The good for you for this, Rod. My son's only eight years old knows how to work on cars. I think it's more of a father teaching their son issue more than anything else. I was fortunate enough to have a dad who loved to teach me skills, so I'm carrying on the tradition. Here's a picture of my son, he's eight.
Speaker 1: He's changing the oil and the wiper blades on my car.
Speaker 3: You don't think my own.
Speaker 1: Man, Oh good for you.
Speaker 3: You don't think my dad had me out there just standing there holding the flashlight just like the leaves.
Speaker 1: Of course I wasn't.
Speaker 3: And then you tell me to go get a three eighths and I'd bring him back at nine to sixteenth or whatever. I don't know.
Speaker 1: My sixteenth I was such a disappointment for my.
Speaker 4: Dad free child labor, though I love.
Speaker 1: That, such an absolute disappointment.
Speaker 3: I was there for every time he changed out the flapper on the crapper. I was there for everything. I was his right hand dude, you were the guy. Do you think I paid attention to any of it?
Speaker 11: Nothing?
Speaker 3: My dad could do it all, okay. He was a man's man like most of our dads were. And then it just we just went to zilches with me, like just went to nothing. Absolute bottom appointment in every way, the bottom of the barrel. My dad put an.
Speaker 1: Addition on our house.
Speaker 3: He wired it, he did, he did, he did everything.
Speaker 4: Did they do that?
Speaker 1: He framed it? I don't know.
Speaker 4: He put a roof on, just built me a house. Someone.
Speaker 3: It's just like, oh, you want to you want an extra like you want to sit.
Speaker 1: Like that living room?
Speaker 5: That is like honestly any woman's dream, like to live with a man who were like you look at a blank space on the wall and you're like, you know what, I really want some cabinets there, like.
Speaker 4: Build me and the guy I can do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my mom put it.
Speaker 1: My mom wanted shelves everywhere.
Speaker 5: He could just do it like, yeah, no problem, Yeah, yeah, okay, Wow, but none of that.
Speaker 1: Wow, none of that passed through his ball bag to me. Yeah, none of that.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I mean. It was just it was a horrible night. It was a terrible shot. Dad.
Speaker 4: Can your brother do any of that? I know you guys are super close, But can Randy Ryan do any of that?
Speaker 3: Raandy Ryan, believe it or not, I know you have a hard time stomaching. This is dumber than me. Okay, he really is. Okay, he's absolutely I can tell you.
Speaker 1: With everything.
Speaker 3: My sister is the only man.
Speaker 4: She is the real man holding it down.
Speaker 3: My sister is the only man they had.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's out there, she's swinging a hammer right now.
Speaker 3: She's out there on the line right.
Speaker 5: All the eldest sisters just felt so seen by you admitting that.
Speaker 1: I guess. So yeah, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like if your dad wanted something done right, you call Sue.
Speaker 3: I helped my dad do all the projects. Did none of it sunk in? Nor did I act like I was interested in helping. Why get Randy in here? Like it was always me? Randy never had to do anything. That son of a bitch. Let me tell you that baby. That's why I hate those babies. I hate the last kid born. They don't have to do anything.
Speaker 4: Come on, dude, they're sweet, good for nothing, something sweet, They're good, faithful.
Speaker 3: Now I gotta take a break.
Speaker 1: Come up, set the Buzz Rock.
Speaker 11: And Al Tear Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 9: Being.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five the buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show, shine down, symptom of being human. Guys, were coming up on that fourth and final case of beer. We'll give that away straight up at nine o'clock. Then we'll flip the phones over to you and then you, guys, you talk all hour long. What do you want to talk about? What kind of plug do you want to get in? Who do you want to say? Happy birthday to happy anniversary? Whatever? Okay, almost anything goes for open phones. Friday, I got a pretty high tolerance level during that hour. Seventy percent chance now no no, no, no, nothing over to thirty no nothing over a thirty percent. Chances to scattered thunderstorms throughout the day, pies up around eighty four. Same thing for tomorrow, mostly cloudy seventy nine will be the high, and then ten percent chance of raign will be the most for Marine Corps Birthday on Sunday. Happy Birthday to the Marines. Morning clouds, afternoon sun. Okay, looks like a pretty nice day. And then we'll be back here on Monday with you after the weekend Veterans Day on Monday. Sure, there'll be lots of things to talk about on Monday.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go one final time. Houston's headlines Please.
Speaker 4: President elect Trump.
Speaker 5: Says his administration is going to carry out mass deportations no matter the cost. That's a big headline this morning from talk to reporters yesterday, saying that he welcomes people to the United States, but they have to come in legally. Trump appointed federal judge also struck down a Biden administration program yesterday. This program kept undocumented spouses of American citizens from being deported. Federal authorities are investigating after black people in several states reported getting racist text messages from unrecognized phone numbers. The texts were sent out after the election and containing messages like you've been selected to pick cotton at the nearest plantation and other offensive remarks. The racist texts have been reported in at least ten states.
Speaker 4: The FBI is now investigating.
Speaker 5: A couple in Canada was taking down some drywall in their home recently and made an odd discovery. At one point, the installation stopped and there was a random stuffed animal.
Speaker 4: They pulled more drywall, and then more, and then.
Speaker 5: The stuffed animal insulation kept continuing. In the end, they pulled one hundred and ten plush animals out of their walls and put them on a table. They shared a video about it on TikTok. It went viral. One commenter was crying because she saw a duck that was similar to one she had when she was a kid, and she hadn't been able to fight it, so they sent it out to her, and then other people were like, well I.
Speaker 4: Like this one, I like that, And they're like, you know what, We're just gonna mail all of these out.
Speaker 3: Are they not selling them, They're just sending them out to people.
Speaker 4: They're they're sending them out.
Speaker 5: People started commenting about stuffed animals they wanted, so they started started giving them away.
Speaker 6: Every movie I've ever seen says you should stab the stuffed animals and check and see if they have money. Whose drugs in.
Speaker 4: Them before diamonds.
Speaker 6: There's no other. Yeah, they have something in there.
Speaker 3: Blue Streak had the diamond that I would agree that you would have to kind of be sure that there was nothing in there.
Speaker 6: He's like, what if you're sending these people little stuff with gold bars in it and you're just missing out all this money.
Speaker 3: I had some drywall taken out. I had an old can at you who back back there? That was it.
Speaker 4: There's no gold in it.
Speaker 3: No, there was nothing in that can. I'm sorry, but even a little you who left nothing.
Speaker 4: We used.
Speaker 3: The guy that was building that house had you who and thought it would be cool to put it in the wall.
Speaker 6: We used to allegedly drink when I was not of age in unfinished houses. So I would imagine some houses that are getting stuff done, they may or may not find some empty beer cans from me. They just drywalled over your beer well, like we would throw them up in the attic.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, such a proud of them.
Speaker 1: There was a story that we did on this show a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: Didn't somebody pull up that, uh that Superman number one comic book out of a wall?
Speaker 6: Yes, something like that. I do remember that.
Speaker 3: People used anything like newspapers whatever they could back in the day for insulation.
Speaker 10: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: And they were pulling apart an old house of renovation and they found, like, I think it's Superman number one whatever.
Speaker 1: That comic book is the one real famous.
Speaker 6: One action comics. Yeah, and it was.
Speaker 1: In terrible shape, but it still was worth a lot of money.
Speaker 6: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was in the wall.
Speaker 4: They fed to Pokemon cards, some rare ones. Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Hopefully the nominations for the CXCY seventh Grammy Awards will be unveiled this morning.
Speaker 4: It's gonna happen in like just under an hour.
Speaker 5: I mean, I am excited about some of these nominees, Like, I know Taylor Shop's gonna get nominated for everything. I know Chapalone is going to get nominated for a lot of stuff. They're also saying Post Malone Beyonce expected to receive a lot of nods.
Speaker 3: I don't mean to sound like an ignoramus here, but does Taylor Swift have new music out that you would be up for a Grammys?
Speaker 4: A Torture Posts Department that was a new album this year?
Speaker 5: Oh that's right, Okay, She added that one at the like later end of her tour. So she added another era that's right that I did not get to see.
Speaker 1: Did that come out this year?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, then she's gonna sweep everything rightfully, Okay, hopefully.
Speaker 1: Is there any rock artists that are up for anything?
Speaker 4: Here's the thing.
Speaker 5: For the first time ever, the Beatles and the Rolling Stones could be nominated in the same category because they each submitted songs for Best Rock Performance. So I don't know what the songs are, but they are nominated.
Speaker 1: No, they had Ringo and Paul do something.
Speaker 3: Okay, they found some old John stuff. Okay, that wasn't yeah, it was just yeah, they found some old John stuff and they built around it.
Speaker 5: So okay, all right, so we're gonna be on Grammy nomination.
Speaker 4: I'm sure at least I am. Well, you're If you like that, you're gonna love this.
Speaker 5: Next story, it's all about Maynard James Keenan.
Speaker 21: He was coming up as a magician a musician during an interesting period, and during an appearance on Burt's podcast, he was talking about some of the bands he thought would be huge at the time that never quite made it.
Speaker 4: So you can go read that on the music Bog page.
Speaker 5: And if you've ever wondered what his favorite tool is the lead singer of Tool, if you ever wanted to know his favorite tool.
Speaker 1: But I bet you she's making Alex crazy not knowing that.
Speaker 3: Tell them, is it a screwdriver?
Speaker 4: Tell them?
Speaker 1: Is it a seller?
Speaker 4: It's a battery operated Wow, not a real man.
Speaker 3: Now I am curious, what is it?
Speaker 4: It's a pneumatic nail gun.
Speaker 3: That's Maynard's favorite tool y.
Speaker 6: I wish I never heard that.
Speaker 5: Too bad your old dummer for too surprised he didn't go with the cork screw.
Speaker 3: He's a big wine guy.
Speaker 6: Screw everyone else.
Speaker 3: Alex is so angry, like Tool like stole his old girlfriend or something not good like I think I'm starting to think that maybe you were dumped at a tool concert, like back in the day before Emma, I would.
Speaker 6: Have never gone to a tool con.
Speaker 4: You don't like tools. That why you can't build any here.
Speaker 6: You wasn't pay me.
Speaker 3: To go to a t you were front row. She dumped you there. Maynard saw it go down and laughed at you from the stage.
Speaker 1: That's how I feel, No.
Speaker 6: Because Maynard wouldn't have been looking at me. He was looking at the back of the stage.
Speaker 4: Okay, that checks out.
Speaker 3: He got a word from a road to you got dumped and he thought it was funny.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 6: On Thursday Night Football, the Ravens got by the Bengals thirty five to thirty four. Bengals scored a touchdown and could have tied it with an extra point, but they liked it to go for two and the win. They did not get it. You go see that play on the sports blog page today.
Speaker 1: You were forced to.
Speaker 3: Eat vegetables when you were a child and your dad had Tool playing in the background.
Speaker 6: My dad was not a Tool fan.
Speaker 3: What smart man did they do to you?
Speaker 1: What did Tool do to you?
Speaker 6: Good? On Sunday Night, the Textans are gonna host the Lions in primetime. They come into This is three and a half point favorite. Kioff is going to be at seven to twenty. You can watch it an NBC. Texans are also going to be rocking the new look battle red uniforms too, so so get ready for that one.
Speaker 1: Where are your giants playing this weekend?
Speaker 6: Munich?
Speaker 3: Germany? Yeah?
Speaker 4: What time are you going?
Speaker 19: Like?
Speaker 6: Germany gets the Panthers and the Giants don't like what how are you trying? To grow the game by sending just garbage, right, what is the game of pile of garbage? Is the Giants Panthers game?
Speaker 3: Is the game at a weird time?
Speaker 6: Eight thirty our time in the morning. Yeah, okay, so like just wake up, have it on bed. You can say you watch it. You won't have to watch it. I probably will not watch it.
Speaker 3: Feel like I'm in California.
Speaker 6: Notable the morning Giants. We're gonna get camoid.
Speaker 3: It's fine.
Speaker 6: Some notable games on the slate. Slate for tomorrow. Fifth ranked UT is gonna host Florida at eleven, number three Georgia is gonna be at sixteenth ranked Ole Miss at three thirty, and fifteenth ranked LSU is gonna take on eleventh ranked Alabama at six thirty in the big game of the weekend. That'll be at eight. That'll be on ABC if you'd like to watch that. Actually, all three of those games are on ABC tomorrow. And basketball Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna look for their third consecutive win, taken under the thunder up in ok C. Tip I was at seven and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven. Ninety That is what's going on in sports. He's fro are Con Houston's alternative all Day and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 11: Ninety four five.
Speaker 7: Because free Bam Friday. You've got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Man right Bam Friday and rock Bam Friday and free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Let me clear out everybody.
Speaker 1: Clear the throats please, everybody. Make sure you get all the.
Speaker 3: Lung butter out.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me try that again. Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Good morning. There you are high.
Speaker 3: What's your name? Michael?
Speaker 1: Michael? Your color number ten?
Speaker 3: Way totally, thank you, thank you, thank you. It's a little crazy. You're the tenth caller. You get the fourth and final case of beer today on free Beer Friday.
Speaker 1: Awesome where you're from.
Speaker 3: I'm from with Katie k Town best side on the phone. It sounds like you were about to say something. What were you gonna add?
Speaker 22: I just wanted to give a shout out to my wife happy birthday.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah. You can work a little free Beer Friday into your open phones Friday.
Speaker 22: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: I make you and Jay back a few months back at Stars Bar a bunch all.
Speaker 19: Beer, So I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Giving me my beer back. Where were we at Stars Bar?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: And yeah, we did a Katie trip out there. I went to go see hooked up with Chile and we hooked up with our friend Jessica who used to be on the show. And I walked in and you can smoke in that Bar's crazy. There's astrays on the bar and you smell it. It's it punches you in the face when you walk in, but you there, but you're there five minutes and then you don't smell it anymore. It just becomes like, did they were they?
Speaker 1: Are they known for us?
Speaker 3: Do they have a special shot that's kind of known there that we did? What is it called?
Speaker 15: It's called the liquid marijuana?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 4: I knew you were a pothead?
Speaker 3: Hang on a second, chili? Chili? We didn't do the liquid marijuana, did we? Is that what they're really known for? Like that's their house shot, like the one that everyone does. Okay, because it's green, Maybe that I guess I did it. I don't know. All right, Well, listen, Michael, great to have you on. Thank you.
Speaker 4: He bought us beers, I guess, and now you got him a case.
Speaker 3: I got him a case bath.
Speaker 6: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: Now it's open polls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: Open phones for Iday.
Speaker 3: Open phones for Iday, more like open phones.
Speaker 1: Fried Yay, Okay.
Speaker 3: Not a lot of rules here, no swearing.
Speaker 1: Just about anything goes. I'd like to keep politics out of it, but I don't know. It's your phone call.
Speaker 3: You do what you want with it.
Speaker 1: Let's keep politics out of it. James, good morning.
Speaker 3: You're gonna start us off.
Speaker 16: Good morning, Ron.
Speaker 3: How are y'all doing so great?
Speaker 1: So great? Welcome to open phones Friday. What would you like to talk about?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 19: My daughter is a cheerleader at Stafford High School and she and her teammates are going to be marching in the Macy's Day Parade up in New York over Thanksgiving?
Speaker 3: Wow where they Is it an invitation? Do you apply for that? How did they get chosen?
Speaker 19: Yes, they were chosen. Their coach I'm sure applied for it, and then they were chosen to do it this year.
Speaker 3: You know, the Macy's Day Parade. It's one of those things. It's background for me, but I do take comfort in it being on. I don't just sit down and watch the parade, but boy, but you can bet it's going to be on in the background for sure, in the house that day. It's just something that we've all been kind of watching since we were little kids. It's been around like all of our lives. That's amazing. Are you making the trip with her? James?
Speaker 19: Yes, I'm actually from Connecticut's out of New York City, although I've been here for twenty five years, so we'll go up and visit my family, spend a whole week off there Thanksgiving, and of course enjoyed.
Speaker 3: The parade New York around that time of year. It's just it's a magical place, it is. You got to be so proud. That's going to be amazing. James, congratulations, Thank you appreciate that. Thanks congratulations to everybody from Stafford right, Stratford.
Speaker 1: Stratford. That's right.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's Chili. That's Chili's alma mater.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 3: Rebecca, our artist friend who's a you know, a professional working artist.
Speaker 1: Now she still talks to us.
Speaker 3: Hi, Rebecca, Hey, good morning, Rod.
Speaker 23: How are you guys great?
Speaker 3: What are you think of going on? You guys are always you and Todd are always busy. What do you What do you got going on?
Speaker 23: We got some charity stuff that we're doing right now, our studios. Our studio is going to be open tomorrow in Winter Street from noon to five and all month long. Any of my arts that you buy, a percentage is going to go to charity. So we have two charities that we we're working very closely with. One of them is The Rod Ryan Showcares Thank You, and the other one is Made a Masterpiece. My good friend, doctor Alana Brie is a founder of that charity, and she's a pediatric dermatologist, so she works with kids with different skin conditions to help them learn to not just live with the skin that they're in, but love the skin that they're in. So everything that I sell all months long, a percentage is going to go to your charity or her charity.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. And why don't you just give because I don't know if Tessa has seen this yet, but would you give her like the Sports Center edition? I know I'm asking the wrong person for that, but I love you. What does she probably doesn't know about that bass guitar you just painted purple one?
Speaker 23: Oh yes, so I just painted a base guitar. It is so Flee plays a lot of guitars. Flee from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, he plays a lot of bassis. He doesn't stick to one. But when the California Caation album came out, there was a particular blue sparkle bass that was made just for him that he played through most of the tour for that album. And so I just I just did a painting.
Speaker 19: Of Flee's bass.
Speaker 23: So that's in my studio. It's for sale. A percent of it goes to the Rod Ryan showcares nice.
Speaker 3: That was the one. You know, I love your work. You know, I love your water droplets. I think it's second to none some of the things that you do. But this, when you first told it you painted a Flea bass guitar, I thought it was an actual she painted on a bass guitar. It's a painting of Flea's bass guitar scene. But in her imagination how she reimagines things. And it's like you're really getting a look at how she sees the world. And I'm talking about her like she's not on the phone with me right now. I realize that, but it's just it's so cool. That's what I when I think of artists, and I think of you and your mentor taft and and I just spent some time with my buddy Sebastian last week. You know, we get to see the world through your eyes, and that's what I appreciate. When you get to know the artist. It's crazy. It's like you think you know this person, but they just see the world differently, you know. And that's what's so beautiful about your artwork, Rebecca, your beautiful inside and out. You're such a kind soul. Thank you for always thinking of us.
Speaker 23: All right, thank you guys, y'all have a great weekend, you too.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You need to go look at that guitar right at Flea Basse. It is awesome. It is awesome. That's another line.
Speaker 3: Open.
Speaker 1: What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 3: Open?
Speaker 1: Phones?
Speaker 3: Friday seven one, three, two, two four five, Now a chance had some coin? Ninety four or five? The buzz Welcome back Rod Ryan's show. All right. I cannot wait to get back to your phone calls. One man stands in my way. It's me, Oh Jesus, it is you, It is you.
Speaker 1: And then I can get back to the calls.
Speaker 3: Taken as online the go ahead stretched there.
Speaker 1: All right much.
Speaker 3: Today's dyell was actually inspired by something we.
Speaker 6: Were talking about earlier today on the show. I believe it was in fun fact, but it is called opposite side of the world, and you will type in where you are currently at this very moment.
Speaker 1: It was talked about during today's Contacts.
Speaker 6: Pods antipods antipods maybe another fun fact flashback question for Monday, if you want to jot that down in case brod uses that.
Speaker 3: I was going to use it in an email. I just couldn't remember what we talked about it. The antipod is the exact opposite end of the earth of where you are right from many of us. It's what in the Indian Ocean right now.
Speaker 6: I was going to say, I typed our address in and it is in the Indian Ocean below Asia.
Speaker 3: Actually with An I was bragging on her dude Sergio, who's a great guy.
Speaker 1: She's like my guy.
Speaker 3: He put a laundry room in our house and he wired it and does all this and he fixes cars. And I said, I'm his antipod. I am the anti dude. I am anti Sergio, Like I can't do any of those things. I'm the antipod to her husband.
Speaker 6: If you want to find an antipode that might you feel a little bit better, but about yourself than that, because that's just like I'm never gonna be cool at Sergio. This will just show you the exact opposite of We are probably in the Indian Ocean. But go check it out world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 3: Hey, that music means it's either the Magnificent seven is coming through or hey, you're in luck. It's open phones Friday. Uh okay, you know what. I kind of told this story earlier today on the show.
Speaker 1: Guys, say hi to Choppa Chopa. Yeah, gets to the Choppa.
Speaker 9: Hey, how's it going guy?
Speaker 3: Hey Choppa? Hey, Veterans Day's coming up. You're a vet.
Speaker 1: Tell me where you served and what and what you say?
Speaker 8: I served in the Army. I went to the Iraq golf War. I've been in Afghanistan.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: So you thank you for that?
Speaker 3: Thank you. You had a pair of tickets already to the Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party. He came out to party with us at Little Woodrow's and his name was drawn. So there was some negotiation that went down and you got some other people into the show.
Speaker 1: You gave away those tickets, right, Yeah, Well what.
Speaker 8: Happened was we actually met first at Porky's when you were there, okay, and we I was sitting at the table and some people came up and asked. They said, I say yeah. So we got to know each other, exchange phone numbers, became friends. Then when there was time to fill in the paperwork, we filled the paperwork and you called my name. Yeah, so we said, hey, keep positive attitude. That's what I told him.
Speaker 3: No one else won. So I told Christy.
Speaker 8: I said, hey, if you can't find it, if you can't get a ticket, I'll take you because I'll have a spare. So she agreed to that. Then you said you're going to be a Woods. I said, hey, there's no restrictions. Let's all go to Woodrows and if we meet, we take care of each other.
Speaker 3: So we went to Woodrows.
Speaker 8: And you called me again, so I'll get That's when I say, hey, I'll give.
Speaker 3: It to Christy the tickets, and then she said thank you, Okay, go ahead. Yeah.
Speaker 8: She her friend couldn't go. I had no one, so we took the brothers. The two guys. Yep, so all of us got a chance.
Speaker 3: To go love and then and then plot twist. Finally she had. She won suspect tickets. She she emailed me earlier. She won highly suspect tickets. She's taking Choppa.
Speaker 4: That is awesome.
Speaker 5: I love the teamwork, guys, the rod Ryan, the community.
Speaker 1: It's just it's the best. It is absolutely the best.
Speaker 8: It all stands from you. You brought a positive attitude to Houston. Been good to us. And it's the brands.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Chopa, have a good time at that show. Man, have a great time at that show. Andrew, good morning, Goo, Good morning, Hey dude, how are you You're on open phones?
Speaker 1: What do you got?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 14: Good? I just want to say Happy birthday to all the fellow Marines out there, Happy Veterans Day to all veterans coming up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, probably get the Marine him at least once today.
Speaker 14: Yeah we should.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right. Good, you're right, because we're not going to be here on Sunday. It'd be an honor for me to keep you on the phone when we bring the Marine him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we got it.
Speaker 14: Let me get let me get one more plug out there for Team Rubicon. A veteran organization, veteran based organization that's out there doing great things for disaster recovery from hurricanes.
Speaker 3: They helped out.
Speaker 14: Hurricane Beryl, and last week I was in Georgia with them helping out victims from Hurricane Irene.
Speaker 3: That's unbelievable. You guys do such a great job. Where are the halls of Montezuma?
Speaker 14: That's that's that's part of the song's Yeah, it's from a battle in Mexico.
Speaker 3: Oh is it? Okay, let's take a listen. Bye, So the Marines have the best hymn. Andrew absolutely, Yeah, no kidding, no kidding, all right, listen guy, thank you so much. I appreciate you. Marine's having a birthday on Sunday. Andrew's obviously doing some great things. We'll be here for veterans to day to talk about that on Monday. Jonathan, you're next up on open Phones.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Hey, good morning brother Rod. Yeah. I just wanted to call real quick.
Speaker 10: So exactly a year ago to the date almost I called you, guys.
Speaker 9: I was on my way to my wedding.
Speaker 10: I was on my way to my wedding venue to get married a year later, just wanting to wish my wife a happy one year anniversary.
Speaker 9: I love you, baby, and thank you for everything you've done.
Speaker 3: How long were you dating before you got married?
Speaker 9: We were dating for about two and a half years.
Speaker 1: Okay, did anything change?
Speaker 3: What's your I mean again, one year into it, somebody asks you, what's been in your experience with marriage?
Speaker 1: After a year? What do you tell them?
Speaker 10: We've been having time of our lives. You know, in a couple of weeks our lives are going to change even more. We have a little boy on the way. Yeah, two weeks or so.
Speaker 1: So you got right to work, not right to it, Yeah, we got right to it.
Speaker 9: But yeah, it's been a lot of fun, you know. Yeah. I can't say enough about my wife.
Speaker 3: Yeah, making babies, it's fun time.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it sounds nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I bet you have been having fun. That's good.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jonathan, happy anniversary. Hey David, you're next up on open phones.
Speaker 1: Good morning, corner brother.
Speaker 15: How are you doing today?
Speaker 3: So great? So great? You guys are so positive and uplifting today. Man, I'm loving all of it. What you got.
Speaker 15: I wanted to talk about a program called Share your Spare, which is kidney donation.
Speaker 3: Who we know a little something about that. Here, go ahead, please preach.
Speaker 15: About two years ago, I donated a kidney to a navy buddy of mine and he is doing fantastic, got married, and his life has turned around since you received this kidney.
Speaker 3: I know you didn't do it for personal glory, but geez, dude, it's got to make you feel good.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that makes me feel good a little bit. But I just I wanted to tell people a little bit about you don't have to be a blood match, you don't have to be a relative, and you can totally just donate to a stranger if you wanted to.
Speaker 3: So you could go in there and just get rid of your your spare, share the spare. We we've learned about this on this show. I really did learn about this during open phones, and uh, you could go in and just donate it.
Speaker 1: Do they keep track on where it goes?
Speaker 3: Is it just like once it leaves your body, then just like, hey, just get it to somebody that needs it and that's the end of the transaction.
Speaker 15: It depends on the recipients if they, you know, want to communicate with the donor and things like that. So it goes that way.
Speaker 5: So you don't both have to go in for surgery at the same time. Like you can do your surgery, they remove it and then they like, I sit for someone.
Speaker 4: How does that work.
Speaker 15: I'm sure there's a lisk be there at the at the same time. So if I my buddy who received his name is Adrian, if he wasn't a match for me, but I match somebody else, I could donate to that other person.
Speaker 1: But yes, you would have to be.
Speaker 15: There at the same time for surgery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've got people waiting. They've got people waiting for that. That's awesome. Does Chile have a surely has a kidney named after him? Somebody he's got a working kidney inside of a human body that's named after him. All right, well that's listen. It's another line open if you want through for open phones, man, I'd love to hear from you. You guys are crushing it today. Seven one, three, two five The Buzz Lincoln Park Tonight, Arlington. I know we sent a bunch of listeners there. They got we had some big winners, a couple of weeks worth of tickets we gave away. Wizard snagged one of those pairs of tickets. He said he's going tonight, so nice. We shouldn't get some pictures from him. He's pretty good about taking the picks. He's got a good phone too. Whatever phone he.
Speaker 5: Has, he always has the best phone. It's definitely not an iPhone. The camera salams on all of our phones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he takes some good pictures, so we'll have some of those. I've got six picks this weekend. All right, let's get back over to these phones. I'm gonna go right down the line and get everybody on that's on hold. Matthew, good morning, Hey, good morning. I'll doing great. Matthew. What do you got for open phones?
Speaker 6: You're on?
Speaker 9: Hey, you got a couple of things.
Speaker 24: The first one was a quick shout out to my brothers and sisters in a Marine Corps.
Speaker 3: Birthday coming up there you go, Yeah, on Sunday, double dogs, Happy birthday.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 24: The other thing is, you know, Alex is always having these meetings come up right around the.
Speaker 9: Time that the hype man has to come in.
Speaker 24: It's that might be the only one that remembers this, But there was a time I don't know what happened, but you were out for some I don't know if your cat converter got stolen that time or something, but uh, the hype Man came on when Alex was heading up the show with Tessa there and they were on together.
Speaker 3: It was great, is that when stole my truck?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't remember.
Speaker 3: What it was.
Speaker 6: It was last year's last round of Pumpkins spice prices, right, and I remember being like, man, I can't get called into a meeting today, like who's gonna Who's gonna be run in the game.
Speaker 1: So it's been done before you have met. You have seen the home.
Speaker 6: Day when I was hosting the show, I've never gotten to just enjoy it because you know, like I would get to kick back and he I would assume he takes my spot.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've always wanted to just kick back and then like let you run the show and see him do his job. But all right, that's it, that's the dream man. Hopefully next week I don't get called in one of those meetings. But you're right, it sucks.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Matthew, and have a birthday to all of our marines day before Veterans Day. We'll be here on Monday talking Veterans Day. Next up is Denise. Good morning, Yo, Ron, I love you. I love you back, Denise, welcome to open phones. Thanks for holding. What do you got?
Speaker 9: I scare with your first day on when I love you.
Speaker 5: Also, I want to thank you back a thousand four.
Speaker 23: I want to get to go through the Grammys.
Speaker 3: You want a trip?
Speaker 15: Your mother packed my number and I got to take my.
Speaker 5: Guest for the best ever.
Speaker 23: So thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, did you say my mom picked her name?
Speaker 3: I think so, so, Denise, thank you for I know you were saying really really nice things. We were hearing every other word because you were cutting not a little bit. But yeah, back in the day, she want a trip. We gave away a trip to the Grammys. So we used to go. Me, Teresa and I we would go to the Grammys three or four years in a row. Jessica came along with us.
Speaker 4: Alex, you have that good for you drop you got that.
Speaker 1: We used to go. I'm just talking about used to be there.
Speaker 6: Used to be like funny.
Speaker 5: Things, give away tickets to go. Yeah, I'd love a ticket to go to the Grammys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was fun. It was fun to.
Speaker 4: Announce the nominations in about ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Here we saw Oh my god. We saw Lincoln Park with Jay Z and Paul McCartney. These three y'all played something at the Grammys. I remember, uh will Co good morning up, it says will Co. Is that right, will Co? Hi? No, it's Willow Willow.
Speaker 1: Oh there's no kid in there, Willow Willow, good morning Willow.
Speaker 25: What's going on everybody?
Speaker 3: How you doing today? So great? Man?
Speaker 1: You're on open phones?
Speaker 8: Awesome?
Speaker 25: Awesome man. Yes, so I was calling there and tomorrow is my wife and I ten your anniversary.
Speaker 1: Wow, a lot of anniversaries going on this time of year.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 25: I want to give a shout out to uh Lake Conrod, Piney Shores. We met there ten years ago tomorrow.
Speaker 4: What was the setting that you guys met?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? What is Piney Shores?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 25: We were a timeshare rents shold timeshairs.
Speaker 1: You were working together, yes, yes, working together?
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 9: I was always.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that's right. I'm gonna give you a least.
Speaker 20: November night.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 3: Well, I was always told not to get your honey where you make your money.
Speaker 1: You did get your honey where you made your money, and it worked out. It worked out pretty well for you, Willow.
Speaker 25: Heymn Jesus has been good.
Speaker 20: Amen, that's right.
Speaker 1: All right, my brother, listen, hey have you aniversary?
Speaker 25: I just want to say real quick here we we got a beautiful blend of family, six beautiful kids, and uh it's been fantastic and Uhport that's so great.
Speaker 1: What are your plans? Is is it a fancy dinner? Is it just time at home?
Speaker 3: What do you do for ten years?
Speaker 8: You know, man, I'm gonna do whatever she wants to do.
Speaker 1: Okay, but it's tomorrow, so it's tomorrow. He's still waiting to hear back from her and what she wants to do.
Speaker 3: She wants, oh my god, something.
Speaker 4: That's why it's lasted ten years, you see?
Speaker 3: Well right, all right, well there you go, there's ten years. Gilbert wants to talk about how long he's been married. Gilbert, Are you kidding? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Gilbert, good morning.
Speaker 20: Good morning.
Speaker 1: It's the Gilbert Show. So well, all right, well play the man's drop.
Speaker 3: I mean we got something.
Speaker 4: It's the Gilbert Show.
Speaker 1: Perfect, that's our guy, Gilbert. How long you been married?
Speaker 20: Oh man, we're celebrating eighteen years.
Speaker 3: What's the date? Damn? Okay, that's cute.
Speaker 20: Celebrating at this weekend due to the fact of our work schedule. You can't do nothing on Mondays.
Speaker 3: Okay, so the last guy, willo, willo, He didn't really know. He said he was gonna do whatever she wanted to do. It's tomorrow as the anniversary. It sounds like you guys have some plans for this weekend.
Speaker 2: What do you do.
Speaker 3: Celebrating eighteen years of wedded bliss.
Speaker 20: Well, it's still up in the air. I'll be honest. I've given her a few options. I mean they last minute because I'm not a good planner. Yeah, she plans everything to the tea and I love it. So we're either going to take just a romantic evening out possibly Austin or something, or drinks, hotel or casino. You know, everybody loves a casino.
Speaker 3: Everybody loves a casino. Sure, I think get lucky twice, you know. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well listen, eighteen years. It's amazing, Gilbert. Congratulations to you and the wife.
Speaker 20: Thank you. And I just want to say, without her, I wouldn't do where I'm at today.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's the right thing, right there, beautiful. Yeah, you should have a fun time with her.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that.
Speaker 4: But stuff, I'm gonna believe we have to leave the show? Is it over?
Speaker 3: Eighteen years? But stop?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Chelsea? Real quick? Last call. I can't end on that note. I gotta end with you. Good morning, Chelsea, on.
Speaker 23: Good morning family, ron Rise, no family.
Speaker 3: What you got for us on open phones today?
Speaker 23: Well? Really, I just wanted to talk to you, guys.
Speaker 3: I haven't talked to you in a couple of months since before the anniversary party, and I just.
Speaker 13: Wanted to say I love you guys.
Speaker 4: You bring so much laughter.
Speaker 11: And joy to the morning.
Speaker 9: It's really great.
Speaker 19: And since everyone was talking about their anniversary, my ten year wedding anniversary is coming up December.
Speaker 3: Fit it sounds like the guys, the guys that we talked to, even though they said they were going to celebrate, they were a little loose on their celebration. Do you have something drawn up in your head ten years? How you want to celebrate that.
Speaker 19: Big time?
Speaker 23: My husband and I are going to Tahiti for a week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, that's a solid plan right there.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We might go out to dinner, we might go to Austin. This chick's going to Tahiti.
Speaker 4: How long's a flight to Tahiti.
Speaker 1: Then yea, yeah, I'll never know.
Speaker 6: Question.
Speaker 4: I guess I'll have to be with something for ten years, so I'll never know.
Speaker 3: All right, Chelsea, Happy early birthday. Thank you for saying the early early anniversary. Thanks for saying those really really kind things to us today.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 15: Love you guys so much.
Speaker 1: I love you back, and I.
Speaker 4: Mean it when I say ten hours, sixteen hours.
Speaker 3: She didn't want to tell you.
Speaker 5: What I found out, Okay, she didn't want to tell you. Should know, all right, they're planning it.
Speaker 3: Wow, that was a really okay. So that was a proper way to end open Phones Friday. What are you giving away?
Speaker 4: I know the show bud stuff now I'm kidding. Oh you brought it around. I just kid though everyone knows I'm kidding. They know you're serious.
Speaker 5: Okay, Chelsea Handler is playing Smart Financial Center on November fifteenth.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll have a question for you on the flip of this brake. Stay there The rod Ryan Morning Show six, The Buzz, The Buzz, Welcome back rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: All right, nine, damn it. I told you today was gonna go by fast. I hope it did go by fast for you. Let's get you into the weekend. First know the show Chelsea Handler November fifteenth, Smart Financial Center at sugar Land.
Speaker 1: You want to go see her perform? You gotta know the show. What's your question?
Speaker 5: What more people know how to do now than they did back in twenty fifteen?
Speaker 1: In ten years?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe we're going in this direction, like I'm shocked at happy.
Speaker 4: I'm happy about it.
Speaker 3: I am happy about it. I just it was surprising to me for sure. Seven one three, two one two five. If you know the show, right yoh, celebrating twenty years ninety four, five of us get through ninety four or five the buzz Good morning, rod Ryan's show wrapping it up today, but a thirty percent chances some scattered thunderstorms today, Tomorrow thirty percent chance, mostly cloudy today, h I have eighty four. Tomorrow seventy nine will be year high. And then Sunday Veteran or Sunday is the Marine Corps Birthday. Morning clouds, afternoon sun highs up around eighty four. Marine's got a pretty good look at birthday. It's about to look at the best looking day of the weekend.
Speaker 13: He's now time for know this show on ninety four to five The.
Speaker 11: Buzz La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: Hey, Jeff, your third Chili tells me you're the tenth caller.
Speaker 11: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm hearing great? How are you great?
Speaker 1: You're calling about know the show?
Speaker 8: Yeh?
Speaker 11: Third?
Speaker 3: Okay, Tessa, what's your question?
Speaker 4: Hey, Jeff, just tell me what do people uh, what are people better at than they were like ten years ago?
Speaker 15: Thank y'all we're talking about working on their vehicle?
Speaker 4: That wild it is.
Speaker 3: The vehicles are not getting easier to work on.
Speaker 1: That's enough thing, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean they're more and more confusing, and they're less you know, self repair friendly. So I guess it's got to be YouTube and people getting brave watching things on YouTube and thinking that they can go out there and change change their own air filter.
Speaker 19: It's like and also the call also doing things nowadays in the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, true, you just want to know the show.
Speaker 3: What are you giving them?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you a pairent tickets see Chelsea Handler. She's playing Smart Financial.
Speaker 5: She'll be performing her comedy act Smart Financial Center. You got him because you know the show.
Speaker 3: Well done, dude, awesome, Thank you, Thank you, Jeff, have a great weekend.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: All right, got a cowbell in around.
Speaker 1: I couldn't used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell. I got a fever and the only prescription is small cow bell.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm gonna talk here. We're not just gonna end the show here on Friday. I hit the wrong button last week. I'm getting all ready to do all my thank yous and goodbyes and have a good weekend.
Speaker 1: I was like, wait, we're not there.
Speaker 3: We're not on the air anymore.
Speaker 4: We're done.
Speaker 1: All right, We're here, Hi, it's us.
Speaker 3: We're gonna say goodbye though, Scott the Birdman, so another reason to commit on.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be here on Monday.
Speaker 3: We're gonna launch into guitarist, which I'll talk about in a second. But the Birdman's gonna go for win number five. It's a hall of Fame day for him, so we got to be here for that on Monday morning.
Speaker 1: Open phones.
Speaker 3: Callers are always great. You guys were exceptional today. Thank you for that. Thank you, Specs for the beers today and all year for free beer. Friday Fanny Friday. You think I even took one?
Speaker 1: Look at that.
Speaker 6: I don't know, I.
Speaker 3: Didn't, damn it. I'm gonna go look. I'm gonna eat my lunch and look at the Fanny Friday. Alex says, no, thank you to tool. We know that guitarist starts on Monday.
Speaker 19: That weight.
Speaker 3: We have a wheel full of artists, autographed guitars, three doors down, some forty one ghost is on there, Todys I Prevail Hardy, a bunch of Buzzfest.
Speaker 1: Guitars, black keys.
Speaker 3: We're gonna blow these guitars out every day starting on Monday. Guitarists will be at eight twenty. We'll be asking for the correct caller and then we'll spin the wheel for you and then you will get the You will get that guitar, and then once that guitar is off, we'll replace it with another one.
Speaker 1: There's fourteen guitars up for grabs.
Speaker 3: You know what I'll do. We'll film a video. We'll do some sort of a video so you guys can see what the wheel looks like and see the great guitars that we have. All right, Jeremy is up next NonStop Nooner. Pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. Alex, you put up a new Past the Gravy this week.
Speaker 6: Yeah, go check it out. It's up on the website.
Speaker 3: You dropped it yesterday. You getting millions of views?
Speaker 6: Not yet, so help me out.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, hey guys. Past the Gravy episode five ninety is on the world famous Rideriyan Show page at the buzz dot com in wherever you get your podcasts. At Rob Ryan's show on All the Socials. I've got the six picks this weekend. That's good tests on Houston Life Today at one o'clock. Yeah, and Chili is the best smelling man in radio.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: That's everybody.
Speaker 1: That's it, all right.
Speaker 3: And then I guess we're probably gonna get six picks from Wizard on Monday because he's going to see Lincoln Park.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll probably get both of you guys. All right, that's it.
Speaker 1: Guys, have a great weekend. Happy Birthday to the Marines. Will be back on Veterans Day. Amp. Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 13: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com