Speaker 1: Amusement parks, amusement parks. You know of an abandoned amusement park, you know where it is. You visited it once when you were seventeen. Your parents said stay away from there. You could get hurt in there. Amazingly, most amusement parks that failed abandoned left, even big ones like six Flags, They're just allowed to stay there. I don't know why, but this is true across America, and it is fascinated Michelle Gibson. This mesmerizes Michelle Gibson, who has spent months studying abandoned places in America. Michelle, Welcome to the other side of Midnight.
Speaker 2: Hi, Walter, and thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: Now share with us before, share with us now the name of your website and exactly how I should title you.
Speaker 2: My website is Piercingtheveil of Illusion dot com and I am an independent researcher of hidden history, and I put my research in a blog and then I make videos out of them.
Speaker 1: What's the YouTube channel?
Speaker 2: My YouTube channel is at Michelle Gibson eighty nine forty six.
Speaker 1: I will put all of that on the Walter Sterling Facebook page. All that information will be there. Michelle, Gibson is one of our favorite contributors. Always has great mysteries, great conspiracies, and unlike most of the people who do that, she actually does the research. She's a real academic. Welcome to the show. Talk to us about abandon amusement.
Speaker 2: Parks, and yes, it is. It is something that's very interesting to me. And on the times you've had me on the show in the past, Walter, we've talked about inter urbans, which for street cars, electric street car going at really fast speeds in between cities. And this wasn't just in North America, this was all over the world. Most of them are long gone. There's a few functioning around the world. Ones in in the United Kingdom on the Isle of Man they still have a functioning innurban that can show you what it was like. And I think Japan has some. I'm thinking New Zealand has, but for most part they're gone. And there used to be extensive street car systems around the turn of the twentieth century, so late eighteen hundreds, early nineteen hundreds, there were highly advanced, non polluting forms of transportation available and they went away. And the subject of amusement parks is very relevant to this subject because the history we're told about street cars and urbansxt inextricably tied to the history of these amusement parks, and all of them are for the most part in existence for only a short time before they were gone, so again at late eighteen hundreds, early nineteen hundreds. And what we're told about them about these amusement parks is that they were built by the streetcar companies to attract business on weekends, so they had commuters during the week they needed someplace for people to go spend money to use their services, and so they were said to have started as trolley parks around the turn of the century, as picnic recreation and entertainment areas at the inns of streetcar lines, and that these were supposed to have been precursors to amusement parks. And they had everything the amusement parks had. They had roller coasters, they had Farris wheels, they had midways, and the early twentieth century was considered the golden age of the American amusement park and there were hundreds of parks in the United States alone at the end of these trolley lines, and there was an estimated fifteen hundred to two thousand all together at one point in time. And this is what you find when you start looking to try to find the information. There could have been a lot more, but that's the number they give us. And then they started to disappear. And some of the reasons that we're given it's a great depression, reducing disposable income, and World War two disrupting leisure. In construction, there was growing competition from movies and radio, televisivision chopping malls and bowling alleys. But whatever the reason, they couldn't economically compete and they were closed down or they were burned down, and that happened to a lot of them. So either they went out of business and they were sold and turned into real estate, or they were sold to real estate developers who turned them into something presidential areas a lot of times. And you know, we don't have anything like this today. We have amusement parks. But these were connected to trolleys specifically.
Speaker 1: So they were trolley parts, the specifically part of the trolley economy. And you mentioned something that always catches my attention because it was a phenomena in the late eighteen hundreds, not so much recently not so passed. In the past one hundred years, you said a lot of them were burned down. There seems to be that in the eighteen hundreds a lot of things were burned down for scurrilous reasons. Is that true?
Speaker 2: They were burned down, and likely scurrilous reasons, but you know there was cause unknown was typical, or the fire was started by a spark, that's some kind in the whole place burned down, And again that that is probably the most common ending for a lot of these trolley parks. But like you said, well after there's a lot that were just left to rotten place and chip Awop. There's one in outside of Cleveland, unlet's say it was called Chippiwah Park that was left abandoned. And when I was looking at the research for it recently, it sounds like maybe they're redeveloping it now, but for years it was just there. And the other thing that I'm finding when I was looking, especially around the Great Lakes, but in other places as well, but let's use the Great Lakes as an example, is that these amusement parks are in really strange places. And so I mean, if you look at theear Point in Sandowsky is that Have you been there before, Walter?
Speaker 1: I've been a Cedar Point, but it's a roller It's really a roller coaster park, and I'm terrified of roller coasters. But it's so I don't participate. Uh. I went there once because I have children, and I'm like, I don't know, However, I've been. I've been to a number of amusement parks the kind that you're referring to. Tell us why you think they're in strange places, and tell us why these were so viable because of the trolleys.
Speaker 2: Well, I answer to your first question. I've found them in and play and like on spits of land surrounded by water, you know, barrel enough room for a part, you wouldn't think it could put a park there. So I bring up Cedar Point because if you look at it, you take a look at it on Google Earth, it's on a peninsula.
Speaker 1: It's on a peninsula, and it's near nothing. That's the other thing.
Speaker 2: It's near nothing, you know, I mean there's like I said, there's there's not much land there to support all the stuff that's there. And then that was repeated over and over again. You know, whatever's left of parks that no longer exist, are in places that are really marshy wetland areas. There are several like that around Toledo. So, you know, it's just it's just the stories don't make sense. And I really believe that this was part of the infrastructure of a civilization that we haven't been told about that you and I've been talking about Walter in the time that we've been discussing the subject.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I call it. I call it Tartaria. You may have a different name.
Speaker 2: It's best known as Tartaria, but it's it's the civilization that's been deliberately kept promise, and we're basically living on top of it. And everything we've been told about our history, you know, we've been given an explanation for everything, but when you really look into what we're told we were capable of the time, you know, it just doesn't it really doesn't add up. You know. It's like we've been told a story about things to explain them, and we didn't have the Internet. We wouldn't like myself wouldn't be able to do the resource, but we wouldn't have any way of knowing.
Speaker 1: What do you think the ultimate motive was to change the timelines and change the story of our history. What do you think the motivation was.
Speaker 2: My opinion is the motivation was basically power and control. And this this grid is still in existence. A lot of people talk about a free energy grid associated with this civilization that's best known as Tartaria. That's my opinion is that there was a sophisticated energy grid. My opinion is also that this energy grid was destroyed and that's what caused a lot of the marshy lands and wetlands and so forth. And it's still being utilized but in a different way. And they had to find replacement sources of fuel and energy when this grid was destroyed, and that's where we get standard oil coming in and cars and buses. And then once the cars and buses were in place, they got rid of everything essentially.
Speaker 1: So you don't think that the energy grid was destroyed to force us to use oil. You think it was destroyed by something else and the solution was to use oil.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think they needed to get it up and running again as soon as possible, and that's what they had available to them.
Speaker 1: Michelle Gibson, the great researcher, Michelle, what's the name of that website.
Speaker 2: Again, piercing the veil of illusion dot com.
Speaker 1: Piercing the veil of illusion dot com. Michelle Gibson, researcher extraordinaire, terrific guest on the radio Magical Guest raises the sort of things that we love to think about all night. Michelle Gibson, thank you for being on the other side of midnight.