Speaker 1: FBI Director Cash Bettel says that China may be attacking us with a crazy new fungus. President Trump's allies are on offense to get his legislative agenda passed. Elon Musk is shaming the big spending ways of Congress, and AI bots may have a liberal bias that could shape the world.
Speaker 2: It's all tonight on the Matt Gates Show. Let's do this shaking up Washington, d C. We're breaking the fever. You haven't watch this guy on television. It's like a machine.
Speaker 3: He's great. Matt Gates.
Speaker 2: Good evening.
Speaker 1: We are on assignment in Washington, DC tonight as the fate of President Trump's legislative agenda is battered about the.
Speaker 2: Halls of Congress.
Speaker 1: We've got a key congressman joining us in moments to bring us up to date on the negotiations. White House Deputy Chief of Staff Stephen Miller is a hero to the American right. He has been one of the most forceful defenders of the One Big, Beautiful Bill. In a series of tweets this week, Miller said, quote, it will increase by orders of magnitude the scope, scale and speed of removing illegal and criminal aliens from the United States. For that reason alone, it is the most essential piece of legislation currently under consideration in the entire Western world in generations. Miller noted the Big Beautiful Bill decreases total spending over the budget window by nearly two trillion dollars, and he says the Big Beautiful Bill is not an appropriation's bill. It does not fund ninety nine percent plus of the government. Zero dollars for Department of Education, zero dollars for HUD, zero dollars for EPA, not a cent. It cuts taxes, deports the illegals, and reforms welfare. We could never have dreamed of a bill like this in twenty seventeen. Meanwhile, Elon Musk has increased his critique of the legislation. He called it a pork filled, disgusting abomination that will massively increase the already gigantic budget deficit to two point five trillion dollars and burden American citizens with crushingly unsustainable debt. Musk said, quote interest payments already consumed twenty five percent of all government revenue.
Speaker 2: He's right about that.
Speaker 1: If the massive deficit spending continues, there will only be money for interest payments and nothing else. No social Security, no medical, no offense, nothing close.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 1: Last night, Freedom Caucus Congressman Eric Burleson lamented that Elon hadn't expressed this few points sooner.
Speaker 4: Where was Elon when all the pressure was building and we were clearly at the precipice of getting the point where this bill had to be passed and moved out of the House, It would have been wonderful to have had you know, Elon chime in. That would have given myself and a lot of the fiscal hawks a lot more leveraged to be able to get more out of the bill.
Speaker 1: Congressman Burlson believes that as of tonight, the votes are not there to pass President Trump's bill in the Senate. Do you think it has the votes today in the Senate?
Speaker 2: Probably not, but we'll see.
Speaker 1: So if the votes aren't there now and Trump wants to get the votes, will the bill have to spend less? Probably in order to get the votes of Ran Paul Rick, Scott Lee, and Ron Johnson. Those are fantastic senators in our book. But Senators Murkowski, Collins, and Holly are still not indicating support. They seem to be balking at some of the cuts, so for them, the bill might have to spend more. This is the legislative version of a Chinese finger trap, where pulling in one direction only makes things tighter on the other.
Speaker 2: Here to help us figure it.
Speaker 1: All out is Tennessee Congressman Andy Ogels. So, Congressman, do you think that there is progress being made in the Senate to get the votes to pass this bill?
Speaker 2: Or are you.
Speaker 1: Anticipating that the Senate will make some revision and set it back to the House.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I would say that from the House perspective, or at least my perspective, it's big, it's not quite beautiful yet.
Speaker 2: And so maybe this is the opportunity.
Speaker 5: With Elon coming out criticizing the bill, maybe we'll see some of the Senators make some changes, make some additional cuts, and then likely it'll pass and then it comes back to us. Now, that'll put a few of my House colleagues in a box, But at the end of the day, that's what we promised the American people.
Speaker 1: Have you been in contact with any senators? Are they getting arms twisted by cabinet officials? You know how it goes. You get calls from people in the White House.
Speaker 2: You had calls from the President and Vice President.
Speaker 1: They seem to be engaging directly in public with some of the folks who they think don't see the bill correctly.
Speaker 5: Well, I did speak to a senator earlier, and you know, right now there doesn't seem to be quite a consensus forming in the Senate as what the direction is going to be. So I think it's kind of what I'll say is Elon I think reset the conversation with his most recent tweets for better or worse but that. But again, I think the Mike Lees and some of the more conservative senators that emboldens them to try to get more again, make it truly big and beautiful, not just big, because right now it's rather large. But I think again, I think there's the opportunity for them to improve the bill, to make some aditional cuts. You'll see some of those more conservative senators come online. And then of course the House votes on it. But like you said, I don't know that the votes are there if it were to be voted on today.
Speaker 1: As is Elon and Trump have come to the House conference before, they've been a unified front.
Speaker 2: It seems like it's a real pep.
Speaker 1: Rally environment with your colleagues when they come and now you're seeing a bit of a different.
Speaker 2: Message out of both of them.
Speaker 1: Do you think maybe it's just a different of a difference in priorities. You know, for Elon, the priority always really was spending and for Trump and a lot of his voters, it really was immigration. And that what actually is intentioned before us is whether you prioritize spending cuts more than some of the immigration priorities.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I think there was two huge wins in the House version making the Trump tax cuts permanent. That signals to the markets that this is the landscape that you're going to play in. If you're a small business owner, you're going to increase the size or investing your business again, you know, the landscape, but also foreign investment as well, So it's huge in that regard. And of course securing the border and deportations. Nashville has been on the news because the deportations and we're fighting that fight. But like you said, Elon's you know, he was headed doze. He started Doze creates a legacy of cutting or finding ways to cut. So there is a difference of priorities.
Speaker 2: But the end of the day.
Speaker 5: I think there's the opportunity to get those two things to align. It's going to take some work, but that's why we were elected this job.
Speaker 2: You brought me right to my next question.
Speaker 1: You're leading an investigation into the Nashville mayor for some of the open borders policies there. What is the behavior you hope to change with this investigation.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, if look, ICE has been clear, Christynom has been clear, you don't have to agree with ICE, you don't have to help ICE when they come to your community, but you can't interfere. And what we're seeing or have seen in cities across the country, including Nashville, is that there's an interference. And so now you have the Metro Police Department, the fire Department, and public works officials are supposed to snitch on ICE whenever they're in Nashville, and then that's being reported on the city's website at almost real time. Then the city mayor docks the federal agents. So I went to the Chairman of Homeland Security and the Chairman of Judiciary and we're going to do a joint investigation to the mayor of Nashville.
Speaker 2: But I think there's the.
Speaker 1: Opportunity to think the mayor should have to testify before the committee, before.
Speaker 5: The committee, But then also there's other mayors across the country that need to be held accountable. When you're putting law enforcement, federal law enforcement, their life at risk, you cross the line and there should be some accountability.
Speaker 1: Speaking of life at risk, I did not believe when I knew we were going to talk today that we would be talking about a China fungus.
Speaker 2: But here we find ourselves.
Speaker 1: Based on any information you have so far, do you think this is an intentional act by the Chinese government?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, I can't speak for the Chinese government, and I've been an out spoken critic of the CCP and an advocate for Taiwan. But that being said, is this individual, he's a researcher. He knew what he had. He brought it illegally into the country on his phone, and it was hidden right, It was like wadded up in tissue, tucked in a book, and then on his phone. After further investigation, there was an article dating back to like twenty eighteen on biological warfare. So this guy, I mean, look, follow the facts, let them be an investigation. To me, it looks criminal and he should be prosecuted. And quite frankly, there's a whole host of folks from China here whose visas should be revoked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, should we rethink allowing our research university labs to be used by some of these students that are constantly coming back and forth from China.
Speaker 5: Well, during the Cold War, we weren't giving visas to Russian students, So why are we giving visas to Chinese students who wouldn't we know?
Speaker 6: China is the enemy.
Speaker 5: We saw it during COVID, they choked off the supply chain. We now have biological weapons. They're constantly trying to hack us. So why are we enabling the enemy that's trying to bring us down?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 5: During the Cold War, we didn't do this for Russia. Why would we do this for China?
Speaker 2: You mentioned Russia.
Speaker 1: We've got the escalation of tensions in this conflict. President Trump just announcing that he had a productive call with Putin, but that he is anticipating some sort of Russian response to this Ukrainian drone attack. Where do you see that conflict going and what steps can Congress tape to align with President Trump and try to bring it to an end.
Speaker 5: So I was part of a delegation a few weeks ago that went to Europe, met with members of European Parliament, also met with members of the Moldovan parliament. And I've long said since that trip. I say long said a few weeks ago that Russia there would be no peace in Ukraine until after the Moldovan elections. So there's a faction within Moldova that's very pro Russian, and so if they can win Moldovan elections, that will allow that will open up another flank for Russia into the Ukraine War. And so until that is reconciled, and we've seen in the Romanian Moldovan elections historically Russian interference, so they have no motive to settle peace or to negotiate peace.
Speaker 2: So so we just destined to more death and world war.
Speaker 5: From late summer early fall is the Moldovan elections, and nothing's going to happen in my opinion, until after those elections. If Russia loses in the Moldovan elections, then they'll come to the table for negotiations. If they win, which they just prevailed in the Romanian elections, I think it's spelled trouble for you in the fact that there'll be an additional flank.
Speaker 1: Congressman Indiogle's thanks is always for coming on the program and sharing your.
Speaker 2: Expertise on a wide array of subjects that seemed to be in the news today.
Speaker 1: And coming up, we've got more news on the crazy China fungus. The person who believes they should lead the State of Michigan will be joining us to explain how the state is reacting to this grizzly discovery at the University of Michigan all next to the macag show.
Speaker 7: Viewers are always asking me how can they watch OAN live? The solution is simple. It's a streaming platform called cloud tv. Now it's spelled klowd TV. Simply go to cloudtv dot com and subscribe to watch twenty four to seven live feeds ofan. The live package is only two dollars and fifty cents per month for all you can watch. Again, simply go to cloudtv dot com and do it today. Hey, did you know that One America news network has launched a twenty four to seven Twitter like social media replacement. We're calling it free Talk forty five. So why is it branded free Talk forty five? Well, free talk because you will not be censored for expressing your opinion there. And forty five because forty five is a really lucky number. So join us at free Talk forty five and express yourself with no fear of cancelation. Ever, Hey, if your cable provider doesn't offer One America News Network, you should give them a call and kindly demand that they CARRYAN. Now, you're the customer, and without your feedback, your cable provider will not know that there is a strong demand across this country for one America News Network. So please call your cable company today and kindly ask or demand that they ADDANN to their channel lineup.
Speaker 6: Hey, everyone, here's a question for you.
Speaker 7: What does Roku TV, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV all have in common? The answer is that all three platforms offer you the ability to live stream One America News Network from your Roku TV, Apple TV, or Amazon Fire device. Simply go to the app store, search out for a n then enjoy all the great programming offered by Olien, including my show Real America.
Speaker 1: We survived the China virus, but these things never come in ones. FBI director Cash Battel has announced that he disrupted the China fungus. There were two Chinese researchers, John Yung Chin and Ying I'm sorry, and Lou Zuanyong. They've been charging the United States for attempting to smuggle the toxic fungus Fasarium germanic geranium into the country. This pathogen is known to cause head blight and crops like wheat, barley, corn, and rice. It's considered a potential agro terrorism weapon due to its capacity to devastate agriculture and harm human and animal health. It produces toxins that can lead to vomiting, liver damage, and reproductive defects in humans and livestock.
Speaker 2: Sounds awful.
Speaker 1: The lab lacked the necessary federal permits to handle these pathogens. Investigators found messages indicating that one of these students and researchers was already working with the fungus in the lab prior to the arrival of the other.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Lou was intercepted at the Detroit Metropolitan Airport in July with the fungus concealed in his backpack. He initially denied knowledge of the samples, but later admitted that he intended to study them with his girlfriend at the Michigan lab. Now, we haven't seen lovebirds working so hard with intelligence assets to disrupt American life like this, since, of course the FBI Bonnie and.
Speaker 2: Kloud i'd love bird duo you see before you.
Speaker 1: John is currently in custody awaiting a bond hearing, while Low is back in China and is unlikely a face extradition due to the absence of a treaty between the two countries.
Speaker 2: So maybe this love won't last.
Speaker 1: The case has highlighted concerns over biosecurity and the potential misuse of biological agents in acts of agro terrorism. Joining us now Michigan State Senate Republican leader and gubernatorial candidate Eric Nesbit, Leader Nesbit, How are Michiganders reacting to the revelation that these Chinese researchers were engaged in this activity at the University of Michigan.
Speaker 8: Hey, Matt, thanks for covering this topic. It is so important that we unveil these issues of this Chinese Communist Party and what they're doing here in Michigan. What these universities are cooperating with the CCP affiliated organizations and doing. Remember just last year that a student at the University of Michigan voted in the election. We figured there was actually several dozens that did this. Last year. There was also three folks that were arrested for looking over military bases in northern Michigan. And at the end of the day, what we're seeing now with a pathogen coming into this country from students that are affiliate with the Chinese Communist Party, this is wrong. And this is why House Republicans just a few weeks ago past legislation that's now sitting in the State Senate that the Senate Democrats refused to bring up as they have a majority in the state Senate right now. But that would stop this kind of foreign influence, that would make sure that Chinese Communist Party associated companies can't buy farmland here in Michigan, and that we root out this foreign influence from Michigan.
Speaker 1: You're running for governor, and if you were governor today, knowing what we know, would you be expelling Chinese students from the University of Michigan in Michigan State.
Speaker 8: Oh, I'd be joining with President Trump and doing what he's doing and making sure that these Chinese Communist Party affiliated students don't have visas here to America. That needs to stop making sure that our universities are not cooperating with Chinese Communist Party organizations. That's wrong and needs to end. And let's be honest, the CCP, they're not our front. We need to actually stand up, stand together and saying we need to stop this foreign influence, follow what President Trump's doing at the national level, and actually standing up for not just Michigan's interests, but America's interests against those that are trying to infiltrate us and trying to do wrong and trying to do harm to America.
Speaker 1: In Michigan, when we think about terrorism, we think about burning buildings, We think about these tragic events where people are run over with cars or shot, but we don't typically think about agri terrorism. Ag is a huge part of the Michigan economy. If your governor, do you think we're going to have to start thinking about protecting our agricultural assets in a different way and how would you go about doing it?
Speaker 8: Somebody who grew up on a sixth generation a dairy and grape farm, I understand how important our agriculture industry is to Michigan, our family farmers, how important they are. And it's something where You've seen it time after time, whenever President Trump has stood up against Chinese infiltration, whenever he stood up against the Chinese Communist Party, What do they do? They attack our farmers, they attack agriculture. Is something where we got to take this seriously. Is if we're not protecting our food supply and we're relying on overseas food supply. When you're from Florida, you understand how important agriculture is. And it's something where we got to continue to step up and say China is not our front. The Chinese Communist Party wants to destroy America, and it is something where the end of the day that having these research and folks bringing in these kind of weapons needs to be stopped and we need to get to that next level of stopping them.
Speaker 1: I've spent a lot of time on the campus of the University of Michigan. I went to a debate camp there over the summers. I was shocked to learn that you all don't have air conditioning in the summer in Michigan. That would be a human rights violation in the state of Florida. But you made a really interesting point earlier. You said that the University of Michigan was acting in concert with the Chinese Communist Party, and I wondered when I first saw this story whether or not the university was a victim of infiltration or whether they had taken action, in your eyes, to invite this type of activity from Chinese researchers that could harm agriculture throughout our country.
Speaker 8: Well, you've seen over the last several years, over the last decade, especially that you have these friends of China, these s American friendship organizations or foundations that the Chinese Communist Party fund help organize and help build affiliates on university campuses to try to push curriculum. And we've seen this time after time, and university after university, and it's a very corrupting because they're always looking for more money and trying to increase these exchanges. You saw that with Tim Watson, some of these exchanges that happened from Minnesota to China, and you're seeing some of the same stuff unfortunately in your state of Florida. The University of Florida rejected are the former president of the University of Michigan just this week. And I think part of it is not just it's beyond this wokeness. This diversity, equity, inclusion is DII. You can't, you know, change who you are in the history that you are. But it's about time that I think folks on the writer are standing up. I'm somebody that went to Hillsdale College. You've probably heard of Hillsdale, one of the few schools in the nation that don't accept any federal or state aid at all. Very independent, believes in our founding American excepttionalism. And unfortunately, when you only have three percent of college professors nationally they're actually Republicans, you get this kind of corruption that's going on.
Speaker 1: Final question for you, Senator, do you believe that this was an act of war by China against the United States.
Speaker 8: If it's not an active war, it's a continued escalation, isn't it. I mean, time after time, you've seen just here in Michigan, a Chinese national voting in our election. Just last year you saw three Chinese getting arrested for, you know, trying to infiltrate a military base here here in Michigan. And now they're bringing in pathogens to attack our food supply, to attack our people. This is this is raw needs to be stopped. We need to join with President Trump and continue to make sure that we pushed back against these Chinese Communist Party infiltrations around around Michigan and the United.
Speaker 1: States Republican Senate leader Eric Nesbitt, he's running for a leader. Where can folks go to find out about your campaign and follow you on the trail?
Speaker 8: Yeah, asbit forgovernor dot com.
Speaker 2: That's two teas.
Speaker 8: There's only one Eric with an a probably running anywhere in the United States of America or on Twitter, Eric Nesbitt or Facebook follow us. We're going to continue to engage folks and point out what the Chinese Communist Party is actually doing to the United States of America and their infiltration to try to destroy our way of life.
Speaker 1: Leader Nasbud, thanks for coming on the program and sharing your perspective.
Speaker 2: Stay safe out there on the trail.
Speaker 8: God bless you. Thanks mate, Matt and.
Speaker 2: And coming up.
Speaker 1: Elon Musk has exited his official public service, but we think he'll be around offering his opinion on a number of things. He's doing so a lot lately, and we've got veteran ACE reporter Mark Kaputo from Axios here to share his latest reporting and maybe to debate a few features of it with me back after a quick break.
Speaker 7: Hey, did you know that One America News Network has launched a twenty four to seven Twitter like social media replacement. We're calling it free Talk forty five. So why is it branded free Talk forty five? Well, free talk because you will not be censored for expressing your opinion there, and forty five because forty five is a really lucky number. So join us at free Talk forty five and express yourself with no fear of cancelation. Ever, Hey, if your cable provider doesn't offer One America News Network, you should get them a call and kindly demand that they carry away in Now, you're the customer, and without your feedback, your cable provider will not know that there is a strong demand across this country for one America News Network. So please call your cable company today and kindly ask or demand that they add o ANN to their channel Lineup.
Speaker 6: Hey, everyone, here's a question for you.
Speaker 7: What does Roku TV, AppleTV, and Amazon fireTV all have in common? The answer is that all three platforms offer you the ability to live stream One America News Network from your Roku TV, AppleTV or Amazon fire device. Simply go to the app store search out for an then enjoy all the great programming offered by ON, including my show Real America.
Speaker 6: Hey did you know that?
Speaker 7: Video clips from my program Real America and all the other talk shows offered by One America News Network are available to you for free on oan N dot com. You can also enjoy the latest in breaking news videos by visiting OA and N dot com. Make sure you stay informed and visit ONN dot com daily. And if you'd like to show support and wears some support for One America News Network, then visitor online store for the latest shirts, hats and mugs.
Speaker 1: President Donald Trump and Elon Musk, It's been one big, beautiful partnership. President Trump provided the candidacy, the leadership, the vision, the gravitas. Elon Musk expanded our coalition. His mind is inspiring young people with visions of the future. His resources were critical, and the technical innovations Elon brought to electioneering will likely be studied by political scientists for decades. But one thing is clear. Elon's role in the administration has changed. The law limits a special government employee to one hundred and thirty days of service.
Speaker 2: That time has now elapsed.
Speaker 1: Elon will undoubtedly continue as an advisor to President Trump, and we want to explore the contours of this evolution. Axios has published a fresh piece outlining what veteran reporter Mark Caputo believes are the reasons for this change in the Trump Elon dynamic. He cites Elon's alleged desire to stay, disagreement over NASA HR, the decision not to use starlink at FAA, and disagreement over electrical vehicle policy as reasons for the less than cozy relationship. Now, I know both President Trump and Elon Musk. I have been around them and observed their dynamic. I met with both of them for hours during the transition, and I think I have a clear understanding.
Speaker 2: Of their goals.
Speaker 1: And I actually think that axios Mark Kapuro is wrong in his diagnosis, and so I invited him on the program to discuss Mark.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 1: So I usually follow your reporting and agree with a lot of what you say, But here's my theory of the case, and I'll let you attack it. Really, this is about key priorities, and the real reason Elon Musk was in this movement was spending. He talked about it all the time on the trail. He obsessed about spending life during the transition, and really for Trump in his base, it was more so immigration. And so here with this thrust of legislative activity, you see some tension there, and I think it's more of that than the pecuniary interests that you identified.
Speaker 2: But I'll give you, I'll give you something.
Speaker 3: So what is it?
Speaker 9: Yeah, what we did is we tracked these sort of four inflection points over time, and perhaps one of the biggest ones is what happened with NASA. The administrator, who was a Musk ally was summarily canceled on Saturday night, somewhat inexplicably, so, I mean, albeit President Trump had said it was because this guy had given money to Democrats in the past, Isaacman as his name. And after that, the buzz on the outside of the White House and around the White House was this was being done as an f you to Elon. After that, Elon Musk's posture towards this became very negative, and his posture generally has become more negative.
Speaker 3: And there's not really been much of an explanation.
Speaker 9: And your understanding will it doesn't necessarily conflict with what I'd written.
Speaker 3: It just supplements.
Speaker 9: It doesn't necessarily explain how did Musk go from like, eh, bill big, as the bill is big and the bill is a little not beautiful enough. You can't have it both big and beautifult the same time. I'm mangling the quote from Elon Musk. But sure it doesn't explain how he goes from these mild criticisms to that. And what we do know is over time and what we were told by people who had been involved with Elon Musk during this process, is that repeated efforts or repeated times where he wanted things and he didn't get them, and ultimately Saturday night, yeah, the NASS administrator and we are yep, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I do think that there's another reasonable explanation, though, it's that he wasn't there anymore. He wasn't under the roof of the Oval office in the West Wing. Isn't it quite possible that Elon Musk had reservations about the spending levels in this bill. He respected his friendship with President Trump and the importunity he had been given to be on the team enough where he wasn't going to have a full frontal attack while serving there, So he graciously departs, but then once his voice heard heard on the spending.
Speaker 3: Level, certainly.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 9: Now, the question is, is having your voice heard and having heard like that are two separate things?
Speaker 3: Kind of a false choice to say either, you got.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's he's a billionaire, he's the richest man in the.
Speaker 3: World who owns his own platform.
Speaker 9: He certainly can create his own weather patterns and his own title patterns, and he's certainly done that. The ultimate gauge, I guess for the way in which this is the ultimate gauge for measuring his reaction is the fact that now he's just kind of talked himself more into boldness, and he certainly crossed the line. Now, we outlined four different inflection points you mentioned I think three of them, but the fourth is actually what you mentioned, which is we were told he wanted to stay in the White House a bit longer in some sort of some sort of special governmental employee status and was told no. The implication, and no one's quite said it to us, is that there was a measure of sour graves. I think we can all agree is this looks like quite the bromance breakup at the moment. Albeit Donald Trump is sort of just ghosting Elon Musk, at least publicly, and not responding to him, which displays a remarkably Untrumpian sense of impulse control. Normally, I think Trump would be hitting back, and he's not now, and he's being very disappointed.
Speaker 1: And I think that is to some degree a sign of appreciation from President Trump for all that Elon Musk did in the campaign to help him be successful, particularly in Pennsylvania. You cover President Trump in the White House, you also cover Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. I thought it was very, very interesting that Ron de Santis was criticizing all of the Republican congressman who had voted for this bill, and some have theorized that Ron de Santis actually offers that criticism somewhat informed on Elon Musk's perspective, and he's trying to position himself as a twenty twenty eight front runner for the Elon endorsement.
Speaker 2: Do you think there's any merit to that.
Speaker 9: There's one thing I've learned over my years in covering Florida politics is to always respect Matt Gates's analysis of the way in which the chess pieces can move, So I would not discount that as a possibility or perhaps even a probability, As you and I both know, while he's incredibly socially awkward, Rond de Santis is rather calculating. Albeit, the criticism of DeSantis was perhaps said best by Tony Fabrizio, a Donald Trump's polster, which is that Rond DeSantis is all tactics and no strategy. And nevertheless, he is a pretty damn good tactician. He's got a good feel for certain things. I wouldn't discount this.
Speaker 1: So from Elon Musk, is this tactics, strategy, impulse? And what role do you think Elon plays in the Republican Party going forward?
Speaker 3: I should ask you that question. I'm used to being the one who's interviewing you.
Speaker 2: Let's face it, I know I'm really enjoying this thoroughly.
Speaker 3: But you know you don't have to talk to my spokesman about that. Matt, No, uh, I don't know.
Speaker 9: I do think that while the bromance between Trump and and Elon is is a little strained. I smiled earlier when you talked about Trump's appreciation for Musk. I just got off the phone with another insider who you know pretty well, who when I asked him this question, why isn't Trump responding? He said the same thing, Like, the reality is Donald Trump really likes Elon Musk. He loves the guy, right, and so he understands it Elon's upset and he's just not going to build on that. And also that it's not not very sort of helpful. The Trump White in many respects sort of a soap opera or Trump World is. It's a telenovella. Characters come, characters go, they have falling outs, they have falling ins, they wind up in new and seemingly improbable storylines. So could I see Elon Musk returning to the fold in a robust way with Trump by a side.
Speaker 3: Definitely.
Speaker 9: Now, Musk did say earlier that he was sort of done with politics, but I think we can see.
Speaker 3: Is that it's just gotten this bloodstream.
Speaker 9: He's got politics my lightest right, and he just can't shape the fact that this virus is in him.
Speaker 3: And so I do think he's gonna stay involved. He certainly is in one way or another.
Speaker 1: Electing presidents is sometimes an itch that doesn't just go away with one scratch. And you're right if you just wait around mar A Lago long enough.
Speaker 2: Everyone comes back.
Speaker 1: Joe and Mika are even coming back, so proof that no one is ever too far out of the orbit.
Speaker 2: And it reminds me of one.
Speaker 1: Conversation I have with President Trump during the transition, when I mean, we were surprised that Elon Musk was as personally invested with his time and his focus from Sun up to well passed Sun down and all these issues. And Trump pulls me over, says Matt, I got a lot of geniuses. You're one of my geniuses. But now I have a super genius. And he was, of course referring to Elon Musk. Mark Caputo of Axios, thanks so much for coming on the program and chopping it up with me.
Speaker 9: So he basically he had like it was Wiley Coyote, right, like Wiley Coyote super genius from the old Warner Brothers cartoons.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, I'm sure that there will be accusations of worse than Wiley Coyote before.
Speaker 2: This is all done with.
Speaker 3: Thank you, man, I'll see you.
Speaker 2: Take care.
Speaker 1: And coming up, we got major economic issues at play during this important legislations being debated in the Congress. We're gonna break down what it means regarding the debt, inflation and prices after.
Speaker 7: A quick break, Hey, if your cable provider doesn't offer One America News Network, you should give them a call and kindly demand that they carryan. Now, you're the customer, and without your feedback, your cable provider will not know that there is a strong demand across this country for One America News Network. So please call your cable company today and kindly ask or demand that they add OANN to their channel lineup.
Speaker 6: Hey, everyone, here's a question for you.
Speaker 7: What does Roku TV, Apple TV, and Amazon fireTV all have in common? The answer is that all three platforms offer you the ability to live stream One America News Network from your Roku TV, Apple TV.
Speaker 6: Or Amazon Fire device.
Speaker 7: Simply go to the app store search out foran, then enjoy all the great programming offer by including my show Real America.
Speaker 6: Hey, did you know that video.
Speaker 7: Clips from my program Real America and all the other talk shows offered by One America News Network are available to you for free on oaan n dot com. You can also enjoy the latest in breaking news videos by visiting oaan n dot com. Make sure you stay informed and visit onn dot com daily and if you'd like to show support and wear some support for One America News Network, then visitor online store for the latest shirts, hats and mugs. Viewers are always asking me how can they watch OAN live?
Speaker 6: The solution is simple.
Speaker 7: It's a streaming platform called cloud tv now it's spelled klowd TV. Simply go to cloudtv dot com and subscribe to watch twenty four to seven live feeds of OAN. The live package is only two dollars and fifty cents per month for all you can watch. Again, simply go to cloudtv dot com and do it today.
Speaker 1: As Congress continues to debate key features of tax and spending policy, we wanted to dig into the weeds regarding the impact of those key discussions on the American economy and your family budget.
Speaker 2: Will rising federal debt impact inflation? Probably?
Speaker 1: Can that be fully offset by increases in productivity and lower energy costs and growth. President Trump is pursuing all options, including calling on FED Chairman Jerome Powell to lower interest rates on truth Social Today, he said adp number out too late. Powell must now lower the rate. He is unbelievable. Europe has lowered the rate nine times to late Powell, quite the nickname. If President Trump's tax cuts from his first term are not extended, how much more bill American families have to pay. Congressman Keith self told you that America's headed to a fifty trillion dollar debt for sure.
Speaker 10: Even if we get this bill right, we're going to go from thirty six trillion dollars in debt to fifty trillion over the next few years. So this bill is not a panacea to start cutting into the debt. It only slows the growth of the deficit, which adds to the debt, So the.
Speaker 2: Debt will continue to grow. And yet we're calling this bill historic.
Speaker 10: That tells you the dire circumstances the United States of America federal government is in.
Speaker 1: Is this type of crippling debt a certainty? And if so, how should we prepare for it? Joining us now Austrian economist, he's done research at the Heritage Foundation and the Mesa's Institute, Peter saint On. Peter, as you're watching these debates go on in the United States Senate regarding the spending levels of this legislation, how should Americans be thinking about the inflationary impact and how that debt will impact their lives and their budgets.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think the biggest surprise here has been that we have had the dream team up there for the past couple of months. Right, So we had Elon Musk, who's clearly very dedicated to shrinking government spending. Donald Trump in his first term, every single year before COVID, he kept proposing big cuts. Congress of course said no. And we've got unified control in all of Washington. We've got Republicans have been talking for one hundred years now, just elect us.
Speaker 2: So we're going to cut the spending. And here we go.
Speaker 11: So we're looking at about two and a half trillion dollars deficits. The big beautiful bill is going to crank that up there have You know the funny thing when they talk moderates, right, you read about this bill on the Wall Street Journal or something, and they talk about how the moderates the rhinos want to raise spending. Well, wait a minute, eighty ninety percent of the Republican base wants spending cut. These guys are not the moderates. The moderates here who are doing what the Republican voters want are the guys were trying to cut it, guys like Mike Lee Ran Paul, guys who are trying to make much bigger cuts. But unfortunately, as you know, the Rhinos are running the show. And so it looks like there's going to be a massive bill. The aggregate amount that it adds to the national debt, depending on how you count, it could be three trillion, it could be up to six trillion. The spending cuts are all, of course in the late years. They're basically putting that off to another Congress. But all the good stuff is happening up front. So this is taking us. It's accelerating the path that we've been running down now towards a fifty trillion dollar national debt. And that's something it really it took off during COVID, Like every crisis, they ramped up spending. The question always been are we going to get that back down? Is that just a Biden thing? A lot of people were counting on the Republicans to make that happen, to try to get us back down towards that twenty nineteen spending. It looks like that is not happening.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Our friend Senator Ran Paul says, when the Democrats are in charge, Republicans are the Conservative party, and when the Republicans are in charge, there is no Conservative party. He said that some time ago, but I know he feels the frustration of this spending level right now being where it is. If that cohort you just described in the Senate, the Ron Johnson's, Rick Scott, Mike Lee, ran Paul group a word to be successful at attacking some of the spending. What do you think is some of the most fruitful area where you don't lose the votes of Murkowski, Collins, Josh Holly, people who don't want to see any changes to the medicaid program.
Speaker 11: Yeah, probably right, So Medicaid is the biggest one. Just linking that so that able, blonded people are not getting handouts. You know, Medicaid kind of became a universal basic income, and there are some censors. Republicans why, I think are sort of counting on that to buy votes. The other student loans, so Mike Lee says, just get out of it, quit it. You know, if it's a real major then you can borrow money from a bank, like if you're going to become a doctor or an engineer or something. Banks will Historically they did lend you.
Speaker 2: Money for that.
Speaker 11: However, nobody's going to lend you money to go get a gender studies degree, and that is as it should be. So you could argue, just get the government out of student loans altogether. My sort of you know, one of my complaints here is that they are not touching any of the discretionary right, any of the stuff outside of you know, social Security and Medicaid benefits, handouts. They're not touching any of that because they say we can't because of this is reconciliation. Well, you got military hikes in there. Okay, that's discretionary. There are discretionary things in here. They can play around with.
Speaker 2: The bird role.
Speaker 11: They could change the rules frankly, so you know, leaving all of those hard choices, leaving the USA and the EPA, leaving all that out of this so that they can you know, deal with that when the filibuster is in play. I think that's crazy. You have the power use it, so I think that you don't have the sense of urgency that I think a lot of voters, a lot of Republican voters have that Trump has displayed, that Elon has displayed. We don't seem to be seeing that out of Congress. Instead, they're sort of making excuses. We can't test this reconciliation. What are you going to do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what you just described the bird rule. I have to explain that to the viewers. So in this lower threshold you have to achieve where you don't have to get sixty votes to pass something. The rule is that it can only affect monetary policy. You can't do something like, you know, change birthright citizenship in a bill like that.
Speaker 2: And the arbiter about whether.
Speaker 1: Or not something affects monetary policy or not is the Senate parliamentarian. So right now, one could say the most powerful person in Washington, d C. Is the unelected Senate parliamentarian because they are vested with the authority to call balls and strikes as to whether or not something is allowed in the bill, which is just maddening to hear. Now, you talked about some of the discretionary spending. That's only what eleven twelve percent of the bus. Don't we have to attack some of the major mandatory drivers of spending if we want any path off of you know, going to fifty trillion in debt.
Speaker 11: For sure, and you know some of the areas that some of these physical concertive have mentioned, right, So there's the medicaid, there's a student loan, uh, there's the eve, the the you know, green energy handouts, even though there are a bunch of you know, moderate or rhino Republicans who don't want to cut those. I think the biggest one though here, is really tactical. This is something that Rand has talked about, for example, which is pairing this bill with an increase in the debt ceiling gives up a huge amount of leverage when it comes time to set those discretionary budgets. So we saw a couple of months ago Chuck Schumer back down on a government shutdown. You know, because the Democrat base at this point is government workers. We needed to use that. You know, there are very few points of leverage to cut spending during that discretionary discussion because you have the filibuster, which means that you've got the unit party in charge. So that was one of the key points of leverage. Bundling a four trillion dollar hike that that ceiling. Not only is that very off brand for the small government party, that gives up a huge amount of leverage. So you know, I think they're going for the quick wins here. They're looking at it short term. We really have a historic had a historic opportunity to cut some spending, and it looks like that's not going to happen. I see some people hoping that maybe this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well wait a second, because the White House is saying, regardless of what happens with the one big beautiful bill, they have this nine billion dollar recision package that is the first of several recision packages. Are you hopeful that the you know, the rifle shot recision strategy that follows this legislation will lead to any spending cuts?
Speaker 11: Nine BILLI million, there's pretty small potatoes, you know.
Speaker 3: I would be happy to.
Speaker 11: Be wrong, you know, if they if they come out with an absolute assembly line of these resisions and they grew I that that, yeah, do.
Speaker 2: You think it'll pass?
Speaker 1: It's small, but it's you know, the journey of a thousand, you know, miles has to start with a single step.
Speaker 2: Right, you know.
Speaker 1: I Mean what I worry about is you do all the big spending, then you float a nine billion dollar recision package that fails, and then we just sort of lose the gumption to fight on spending cuts.
Speaker 2: That's my concern. Do you share it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, absolutely, do you know, I think that reconciliation because you can pass it with you know, fifty votes. That's really the opportunity. You got to pack as much as you can in there. So if they're if they're stripping it out, it's almost like they're giving.
Speaker 2: Up on it.
Speaker 11: And so they're gonna at this point pretend to pass the stuff. I mean, nine billion is getting ridiculed because it's such a small number. You know, Elon was hoping for one and a half trillion or two trillion.
Speaker 2: And now we're down to nine billion.
Speaker 11: And you know, the response from the leadership in Congress is always no, no, this is just the first one, and it's gonna be a lot more like this.
Speaker 1: We'll see, yeah, and sometimes we don't even make it to the first one. Peter saint Ons, thanks for coming on the program and explaining.
Speaker 2: How all this stuff fits together. Very much appreciated. Thanks, math.
Speaker 1: Folks, there's some real momentum in the fight for affordable healthcare. President Trump just signed a powerful executive order to drive down prescription drug prices across the board. But here's the thing. While the bureaucracy drags its feet, one pharmacy isn't waiting around. All Family Pharmacy is stepping up right now with real action to support the President's vision and give Americans more control over their healthcare. From now to the end of June, they're running a summer sale. Get twenty percent off site wide and here's what I love, No insurance needed. They connect you with licensed doctors in all fifty states and they ship prescriptions.
Speaker 2: Directly to your door fast.
Speaker 1: Whether you're looking for ivernectin, hydroxychloroquin antibiotics, emergency kits, vitamins, your daily meds, this is the time to stock up and save more. I believe in being and if you do too, you believe in medical freedom. This is your pharmacy. Head over to All Familypharmacy dot com forward slash matt use promo code not twenty for twenty percent off your order. That's Allfamilypharmacy dot com forward slash maat code mat twenty. Let's push back on big pharma and make America healthy again. And coming up, there is a liberal bias and a lot of the AI large language models. We've got a key political researcher here to go over what it means for the future. Of information warfare back in a moment.
Speaker 6: Hey everyone, here's a question for you.
Speaker 7: What does Roku TV, Apple TV, and Amazon fireTV all have in common? The answer is that all three platforms offer you the ability to live stream One America News Network from your Roku TV, Apple TV.
Speaker 6: Or Amazon Fire device.
Speaker 7: Simply go to the app store, search out for AN, then enjoy all the great program offered by ON including my show Real America. Hey did you know that video clips from my program Real America and all the other talk shows offered by One America News Network are available to you for free on oaan n dot com. You can also enjoy the latest in breaking news videos by visiting oaan n dot com. Make sure you stay informed and visit onn dot com daily. And if you'd like to show support and wear some support for One America News Network, then visitor online store for the latest shirts, hats, and mugs. Viewers are always asking me how can they watch OAN live? The solution is simple. It's a streaming platform called cloud tv. Now it's spelled klowd TV. Simply go to cloudtv dot com and subscribe to watch twenty four to seven live feeds of OAN. The live package is only two dollars and fifty cents per month for all you can watch again. Simply go to cloudtv dot com and do it today. Hey, did you know that one America news network has launched a twenty four to seven Twitter like social media replacement. We're calling it free Talk forty five. So why is it branded free Talk forty five? Well, free talk because you will not be censored for expressing your opinion there, and forty five because forty five is a really lucky number. So join us at free Talk forty five and express yourself with no fear of cancelation.
Speaker 1: Ever, Big text AI has a liberal bias problem, and it's not a glitch, it's a feature of the system. Human Events dropped a bombshell exposing how systems like chat, ept and Google's algorithms left spitting out progressive talking points while sidelining a lot of conservative viewpoints and voices. From dodging conservative content to framing neutral queries with woke spin, these AI tools reflect the Silicon Valley elite worldview, not that of everyday Americans. According to this piece, conservative media has lost billions of dollars due to Big text censorship, while left leaning outlet Scott Algorithm boosts and wires from usaid this is no secret. In twenty twenty one, the Wall Street Journal, not known as a bastion of conservatism, conducted a study and found that Facebook was intentionally censoring conservatives. To the surprise of no one. The Biden administration didn't stop it. In fact, they were some of the folks encouraging it. So how do we remedy this and a world where AI is increasingly handling the world's workload and worldview. So joining us now to discuss is Larry Ward. He is the man who's been sounding an alarm on this matter and as the president of Political Media.
Speaker 2: So, Larry, how did you go about the research.
Speaker 1: To showcase this liberal bias and a lot of these lllms.
Speaker 12: So I've been in the digital political space for over twenty years. We host lots of conservative publications and organizations, and we've been in this parallel economy space since two thousand and four building our own marketing tech and helping helping conservatives kind of avoid the censorship and the demonetization model.
Speaker 2: But so many people are using AI.
Speaker 1: Now, what risks do you conservative viewpoints face to be squelched?
Speaker 2: Out.
Speaker 12: Well, I mean, just look at when you Google something and you get the first page of Google and it's all negative. Right, that's what people make their decisions on currently. Now with AI, it's the first prompt. So if you google, say, for example, you google tell me about Congressman Matt Gates, it's going to have a liberal bias and you actually have to argue with it. Yes, you actually have to argue with it in terms of getting it to give you give us, you know, the actual facts about your background.
Speaker 1: I don't even have time to argue with all of the humans who believe false things about me, much less the robots.
Speaker 2: Is that what we have to do.
Speaker 1: We have to go we have to go joust digitally with the robots to correct the record.
Speaker 12: Yeah, right now we do because it's all of the models have been trained on liberal publications. You know, Amazon just had a big deal with uh with AWS where AWS and Amazon had a big deal with.
Speaker 2: New York Times.
Speaker 12: Yeah, uh, probably hundreds of millions of dollars to feed New York Times. What maybe it lost from usaid right? AI D and and so it's pulling that content from the from the New York Times.
Speaker 2: So what do we do to fight back other than gripe with robots.
Speaker 12: Well, the first thing we can do is we can work with the administration to get them to mandate these operations in one way or another. Pressure mandate, get a coggression. What type of these these llms, these AI companies to not only weigh conservative publications the same as a weigh liberal publications because it's all based on weights.
Speaker 2: Is there transparency into that waiting system? Now?
Speaker 12: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: So would that be a driver of more neutrality if if there was a negative waiting regarding conservative publications or viewpoints, that that at least be disclosed to the viewers so they could self select to a model that would that would be more reflective of reality.
Speaker 12: It would absolutely have to be transparent. And the second part of it is because Silicon Valley has demonetized the publications, a lot of them. I mean, O. A. N is a great example that has kind of stood in the gap and taken and taken a beating from you know, from the liberals, from the Democrat and from the Silicon left, Silicon Valley. It's it's taken a beating financially, while like like you mentioned the New York Times and The Washington Post and Politico have all been funded by taxpayers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so interesting that that those things seem to work as like a sequence of waves. The first wave is the censorship that rolls over you, that limits your reach, and then the second wave is the AI training model that says, well, obviously what people are consuming are these publications that we have elevated to the expense of other voices that we've diminished. Do you think that the administration can do this without a change in the law or does Congress have to get involved.
Speaker 12: I think they can put some pressure that you know, President Trump has a tremendous bully pulpit, and these organizations they all want favor from the administration.
Speaker 2: You saw who was act So you think we could get cajoled compliance. Absolutely, has it gotten better?
Speaker 1: I mean I asked the robot questions about me sometimes, and it does seem that they get a little more accurate over time.
Speaker 12: Not really, Okay, not really. It's probably because they're learning about you and that they probably know that it's you asking about you, so over time they'll feed you more of what you want to hear. But somebody from the outside, you go to a new open a new account, go a go to an IP address that they not recognize, and you'll get the actual real answer. The second part of this is these AI companies have to put their money where their mouth is. Not only do they if they funding The New York Times with hundreds of millions of dollars, they need to fund oan, They need to fund groups like Human Events in the Post Millennial and Washington Examiner and.
Speaker 2: All of these other operations.
Speaker 12: They need to come to the table with the same or better offer because of all of the demount offication.
Speaker 2: I would love just not to any of it.
Speaker 1: A country that's headed to fifty trillion in debt, let everybody go fight based on the merit of their reporting and their ideas. But do you think that we're headed to a world where these AI large language models will really be the sole source of news for a lot of Americans?
Speaker 2: One percent closer to that. We're very close.
Speaker 12: And it's scary because look what would happen in twenty twenty, say, when COVID hit. These AI models would of course they would be pulling from the same liberal sources and they'd be telling their people that no, you need to get this shot, you need to wear the mask you need to stay in, of course, not if it's not if you have to go to a Black Lives Matter protest.
Speaker 1: And we did learn that Biden administration officials were putting pressure on these social media platforms to remove true information.
Speaker 2: Because they just didn't like that. It led to vaccine hesitancy.
Speaker 1: And if you know there's going to be a force against the truth, I guess I would prefer it be a human that we could expose and harangue in a congressional hearing. I don't know how we call in the robot in the LM to yell at them for censorship. The way we do with humans probably would be tougher.
Speaker 12: It is, And you know what, we have to look at AI differently. A lot most people are looking at AI as another technology, as an alternative to Google.
Speaker 2: It's not. It's an artificial entity.
Speaker 12: And we have to start looking at it as an artificial entity because it can think, it can act, it can do.
Speaker 2: Things for you.
Speaker 12: Once it's in the Tesla robots, they'll walk around and talk to you and survey drinks and do all this other stuff. And we actually have to look at it as an entity. If we look at it as an entity like a corporation or government or a human. Those things have laws and rules and godrails around them, and those things have, you know, ways to prevent them from causing harm, and we have to start looking at.
Speaker 6: It that way.
Speaker 1: Larry Ward, I'm so glad you are thinking about these things, and I hope you're able to make progress in bringing some sanity to a system that seems like it's going to be increasingly important in how we think about things, and how we react to the news.
Speaker 2: And how we live our lives. Appreciate you being with us, Hey, thanks for having That's all the time we have.
Speaker 1: We'll be back tomorrow, nine Eastern six specific. Make sure to sign up for the OA and Live app if you haven't already, Just go to oann dot com, follow me on x at Matt Gates and stay right here Fine Point with Chanelle.
Speaker 2: Yon's up next.
Speaker 1: Let's go get them