Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dank Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. A great time to be alive, right, I mean, so many things going well, so many things going better, and everything's not perfect. It's not going to be puppies and rainbows and unicorns, but boy, the world ever since November four, seems to be heading overall in a better direction now. Obviously, as a Catholic, as a Christian, just as an American and a person who lives on this third rock from the Sun, I just could not be more excited about the new pope. And even you know, immediately yesterday based on everything we knew, but overnight that's just strengthened, and I think a lot of very good, concrete reasons to believe it's going to be good for America, good for the world. As a Catholic, I'm very happy that it's going to be very very good for the Catholic Church. Eight five five for zero five eight two five five you can text Dan Dan five seven seven, three nine. A lot of ground to cover this afternoon, but jump in anytime on anything you'd like. You're going to love this guest at four twenty this afternoon, let's make it four twenty one. I hate that four twenty number. But my uncle Roger Caplis's father, Roger Capitalis's going to join us. He's been a priest in Chicago now for sixty something years. He's ninety three years old, still does three messes a week, as I was telling you, still packs the house because he's so good at it. But he's going to give us his perspective on the new Pope, and so I'm anxious to get that from him for a lot of different reasons. First, he's been a Catholic priest for a long time, and you know he's also from Chicago. I don't think he knows the new Pope personally, but still want to get his take on that. So that'll be at four twenty one. A lot going on when it comes to the new Pope, but also in the news otherwise locally and nationally. I'm sorry I've got to start with this because it is one of the greatest nine to one one calls I have ever heard in my life. And I think it's it's going so viral. I think it's going to start just a new uh just kind of a new phrase of its own. I know I plan to use it. I'm just trying to figure out how you'll know what I'm talking about when you.
Speaker 2: Hear this this nine one one call, raise some eyebrassne.
Speaker 3: What's your emergency?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my wat got attacked by a warthog, real.
Speaker 4: Bad, and I need someone to come up with ambulance and pick her up.
Speaker 3: Okay, sir, can you give me your draft?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're at one eight two five. Eucalyptus drive.
Speaker 5: Okay, could you spell.
Speaker 6: That for me?
Speaker 3: Sir? I'm gonna drag her on over to Oak Street and you can pick her up there.
Speaker 1: It's like the greatest ever, right, who could spell eucalyptus. I couldn't spell eucalyptics. I see, I can't even say it. But uh but yeah, I think I'll drag her over to Oak oh a, K see, Ryan, that that's gotta become like that the new phrase for everything, right. Yeah, you know, you know, if somebody asks you something you don't know, I think I'll drag her over to Oak. It's easier to spell.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it makes me think of locally here in Denver, Dan I think there's a road, and correct me if I'm wrong, because everything I say around here apparently Denver rights have changed it. For instance, like Alameda is Alameda, and then Galapagos I think is Gallapagos instead.
Speaker 7: So it'd be like that street it you know, not easy to spell.
Speaker 3: And this guy you.
Speaker 7: Kind of see his point.
Speaker 5: He pot says, He's like, tell you what, I'm just gonna drag her over to Oaks Street.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just gonna drag her over to Oak. Yeah. I mean that just I gotta I could sit here all afternoon and just play that and have a great afternoon. Attacked by a wart hog?
Speaker 7: Wart hog?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I remember getting chased? Was it a wart hog? After I left ask Gamy, I'll left ask game. He talk about your safari. No no, no, no no no, this was this was off a golf course and a remote location. Oh my yeah yeah, and uh and getting chased I left tasker. If that was a wardhog, I can't remember. I just remember running really really fast. But yeah, yeah three h three someone three eight two five five You enjoyed yourself yesterday. Right, the Tiger has nothing to brag about beating the Rockies twice? What they outscore them like twenty three to two.
Speaker 5: Well, what I learned Dan and watching is might Detroit Tigers are a very good team.
Speaker 1: They are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, wow, the Rockies, Dan, they are. It's bad news bears, but at a professional level. And there's really no one simple explanation for It's just they show up and even when things look like they might be going the Rockies way, it always finds a way to reverse course on them. And the Tigers just pounded them for two games there. Yeah, yeah, tend to two and eleven to one.
Speaker 1: Well, there's an easy fix. There's an easy fix that would be great for everybody. And they're going to buy the Rockies. Yeah, that would be something. Right. You know what's interesting though, Ryan is, as you know, there have been I think at this point fear to say countless billionaires offered to pay a gazillion dollars for that team. Yeah, and so yeah, yeah, it's not for lack of big money interest.
Speaker 5: I think if you and Tom Martino went in on it together, you could get done.
Speaker 1: Yeah boy, Tom, what boy? What a strong cat he is? Incredible, right, just phenomenal, so impressive, Yeah, overcoming impressive.
Speaker 5: A cancer and would appear to be a dire diagnosis. Knock on wood and send out your prayers for Tom. He's a great man, a legend in this market, and he appears to be doing quite well well.
Speaker 1: And he gave me my starting radio right, you know, because we ran into each other. I was on air Channel four. He'd been there forever. Everybody knew Tom, and he was doing his radio show, Troubleshooter Show yep, and he brought me over on his panel of experts, and then I started filling in and then I had my own show, creatively named Troubleshooter two to the sequel. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he gave me great opportunities there. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm thinking about you as the Rockies owner right now, Dani, allow me to have this because I think you'd be a great owner, because you'd be fair, you'd have the fans in mine first, and you'd want to feel a competitive team.
Speaker 1: Oh, there is no doubt about it. But you know, it's interesting. You won't even believe this, but it is true. I can't remember how many years ago. It was a while back when I got a call from this guy who I happened to meet through the law practice, super uber wealthy guy, and he just said, Hey, I'm going to try to buy the Rockies, and would you run it if I buy the team? WHOA And I said, well, of course I would, But don't you want somebody qualified? You know? But I do think in the sports world, and I think we've seen this a lot, right, so often you end up with these executives not base necessarily on their expertise in the sport, but how much the owner can trust them, right, Yeah, And just that kind of thing.
Speaker 5: Here's my fear about the Rockies. And I love them, Dan, It's the only team in town pro team that I can afford to buy even a baseline entry level partial season ticket package for. And they're very good to their fans, to me in particular, and I've been on that list, and I go to these games. But what I've noticed, Dan, is the incentive to win is blunted somewhat in this market, because, like I was there yesterday, if there were no Detroit Tigers fans in the crowd for Game two, there would have been like a couple hundred people there. And these other teams fans, whether it's the Red Sox, the Yankees, the Dodgers, the Cardinals, the Tigers, they all come into town and the Montforts.
Speaker 1: Look around and well, the stadium's full. We must be doing okay, yeah, you know, because it is such a great experience to go. It is. I mean, you know, we still shell out for season tickets, and we shell out, you know, for good season tickets. Our you know, folks love them at the office, our clients love them. We still do that and we'll continue to do it. It's a great experience even when it's an awful team. But just think about the gift it would be to the community. I mean that literally, if all of the sudden there was either new ownership that spends at the level that multi billionaires would spend, or if the current ownership decides to take a different approach. But the gift it would be to this community to have competitive baseball game because you know it, right, I mean, when you've got competitive baseball and pennant races and everything else, then you've got that opportunity where okay, you've got a team in the hunt, and like you say, you know, the ticket prices are you know, because there are more seats there, you know, the ticket prices are more approachable. That is just a great thing for a community in every way. The current status right now is not great for a community.
Speaker 5: And what makes it even worse for the Rockies is dan is being demonstrated by all three other major pro sports teams that you can win in Denver, the Avalanche, then the Broncos. They're all top level franchises that compete at the highest level, that get free agents to come here. And I know it's hard to get free agent pitchers to pitch half their games at course Field.
Speaker 7: It's a launching pad, but I think it can be done.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 1: You can win the other way, right, because yeah, what free agent picture in the right mind is going to come here, right, You're going to have to grow those, but you can buy a whole bunch of sluggers. Yeah, and then you can win the way they used to win. And so yeah, it will happen. It will happen someday, and it will be a fantastic thing for this community. We have so much interesting sound this afternoon, local and national stuff and all sorts of stuff with the new pope and whether you're religious or not, Catholic or not, Christian or not, it's still I think is really going to matter to you because this pope, this pope, I think is really going to matter to the world in a very positive way. Will there be friction with President Trump? Will start with that when we come back here on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 7: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 1: More Chicago than my uncle Roger Kapli's lifetime chicagoan has done about everything you can possibly imagine. And a priest now in Chicago for how many years? Father urge, I think it's sixty seven?
Speaker 6: Sixty seven?
Speaker 1: Holy cow. And that reference to Harry Carey intended because we just found out the new pope, though, is a Sox fan? Is that right? Is that where this thing settled?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm certain of it because of what his brother said and the people who in fact, we got a picture of him at the two o five the World Series.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, he was there, Yeah, yeah, and wow, Well you were the first guy who came to mind when we heard about all this And were you watching when he came down when he was named.
Speaker 8: Well, somebody called me right away then I was watching, you know. But anyway, I was just talking to my pastor earlier way. He is on his way out for confirmation. He had dinner with him on the south side, and he used to the Pope used to say mans to Saint Paul's out there.
Speaker 3: And then he also, you who.
Speaker 8: Quickly sell Remember seventy seventh and West, I went there, you went there. He has consistance the Augustinians have taken it over. He has said mass there when he comes into meet with the Augustinians.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is wild to think about apple.
Speaker 8: That you knew he said mass a couple of times.
Speaker 1: That's why.
Speaker 8: And also I think I got a kick out of since you'd like it. Arelio's Pizza, which is I think in Homewood. He used to go there regularly and they have a special chair for him. It looks like a papal chair set up at Ali's Pizza. A pretty normal guy, but a very bright guy.
Speaker 1: Well, that chair thing reminds me of the chair in Graham's house, your mom's house. Remember you brought over a cardinal, Cardinal Cushing, I think you brought over and then she put plastic on the chair where the cardinal that thought sat and nobody was ever allowed to sit on it. Yeah, Am I remembering that right now?
Speaker 6: No, you're right, Yeah, that's right, that's true. Yeah, Cardinal cut and I sat on.
Speaker 8: That chair the day after mother died.
Speaker 3: That were the same.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Cardneald Cody.
Speaker 8: Was a cardinal that sat in it as I was driving him around this outside and he ended up sitting in a chair. And then mother would never let us sit in it, put plastic on it, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Anyway, there's real excitement, of course in Chicago, and.
Speaker 8: A number of guys I have met him that I had not had the privilege, but I was in the same building with him at the same time.
Speaker 1: What did the guys you know who know him, what's their take?
Speaker 8: Well, they're really quite happy with it. They think that he's he's so even tempered and so on, that he'll do a good job and they don't see him stepping too far outside of boundaries.
Speaker 6: He uh. But the fact that he took to Leo the fourteenth, now that you know, if you remember, I used to preach on that and reream novarum of new things.
Speaker 8: So in that in cyclical we had the pulp at that time saying you should have a living wage, you should be able to own private property and things that you know, we take for granted today, he was saying, before the national social scientists.
Speaker 6: Were doing it here in the country.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so he's at least conscious of that. So no justice and care for people.
Speaker 6: Who have been deprived or anything that will be big with him.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Well, he had so many years like in Peru as well as Chicago.
Speaker 6: He's really global.
Speaker 8: He's not just Chicago, although we're taking advantage of.
Speaker 1: It, because really nobody epitomizes Chicago more than you, right, I mean, you've been there your whole life. You've been a priest there for sixty seven years. You were out at Wrigley Field and Comiskey Park is an Andy Frayne usher. You're an athlete yourself. I mean you you are Chicago, so this has to be pretty cooler you kind of. I mean, did you ever want to be pope?
Speaker 8: I never even considered a remote possibility. I have a hard enough time. I didn't even want to be a pastor at a different job. So anyway, the pope was I never even really gave it serious thought. And I suppose you've heard that. You know, when he was young, about fourth or fifth grade, one of the neighbor ladies said, you know you're going to be a pope. Yeah, she really said it, and then they would kid him about that.
Speaker 1: And here we are, Well, tell us is it like that? I mean, you've been a pret sixty seven years. And by the way, for folks who don't go to Catholic church, Father Roger is like a rock star priest. I mean he still does what do you do two or three masses a week and you still get these crowds. Do you do great homilies?
Speaker 8: Yes? And Saturday Monday, And now I will on Tuesday because our associate is.
Speaker 6: Going to India for a month, so I'm going to do more masses, so about four.
Speaker 8: Days a week, one of which would be one of the big weekends one. So I have to prepare a homily as well, and I think I do pretty well.
Speaker 1: Oh man, nobody does better with those, which is one of the reasons you pack the church. But what do you want to see most from this pope?
Speaker 8: Well, I want to see him be able to identify with people with different beliefs, even you know, because we have such a political divide, we have a bit of the same thing in the church. Now, if he can keep everybody happy and moving forward. That'll be quite an accomplishment, and I think he has the type of mentality to do it. He's not going to be raving liberal on one side or arch conservative on the other side. He's going to be right pretty well in the middle. And I think, you know, unity will be big for him and for things that are important he will speak out on. So he's already said, you know, things that immigration. He's obviously going to have some trouble with the administration, but he's not going to be a firebrand for one side or another. He just wants to take care of his people. He spent a lot of time with poor people, especially in Peru, for you know, thirty some years, so he has a missionary background and he'll never forget that. He'll always be thinking about people in need. Yes, that's what he'll be thinking about.
Speaker 1: Well, that's awesome, and hey, really appreciate your time, and I'm sure we'll talk to you over the weekend on this. But thanks and ate. What's the what's the homily about this weekend? Have you started to write it yet?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm looking I'm trying to look for an opening story on the the different scripture things, but I'm not Yeah, I don't want to say anything because I'm talking about a change.
Speaker 1: Don't Plus, you don't want to spoiler alert. Right if they heard on the show, they may not show up on Sunday.
Speaker 6: But here you go.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, thank you really appreciate the time. You're very well, Okay, good luck. Thanks.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're taking a lot of pride in our fellow Chicago and the Pope. It's a real it's an honor for the country, and it's an honor especially for our city boy and for the White Sox and for.
Speaker 1: The White Side. It's the only thing they got going for him except the Rockies. Right, thanks again? You too that his father O. He is really tremendous. He is great.
Speaker 5: What is in the capitalist genes that man is not ninety three years old?
Speaker 1: Ninety three man, I'm telling you no way he'll live to one hundred and ninety three. He sounds like, oh yeah, no. He's sharp as a tack. Sharp is attack. And when we get going at it on politics, he's tough. Like he said in you know, I'll do the show remote sometimes I'm on the road. So we're at this family gathering. He sat in on the show and we get through a segment or two and he looked at me and said, I thought you'd be better. He is. He's just he's a super smart guy. He's deeply cares. You know, we don't agree always politically, I mean, so it makes for some really interesting conversations. But you talk about a guy who walks to talk and he's given his whole life to caring for the poor and helping others. Yeah, that's he has done that, sixty seven years of it and more to come. Three or three someone three eight two five five text d An five seven seven three nine the single greatest nine to one one call you have ever heard. Next on the Dan Caplass Show.
Speaker 7: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 2: The United States has headed in the wrong direction in terms of immigration. That this is a total injustice to these are people. It doesn't matter where they're born. They are people first, and so they need to be treated as people first.
Speaker 1: I just hope.
Speaker 9: Others, you know, here overseas and it doesn't turn political because you know, oh he's an American, he's going to screw the church up.
Speaker 1: Hopefully that doesn't happen.
Speaker 9: And it just keep the nationalities, nationalism out of it, and let's just be the Catholic Church.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Interesting. I know people are expecting friction between the President and the Pope on immigration. I don't think that's going to be a big deal at all. I think, in fact, did you see the video, Ryan, there's video of the pope, you know, as he was a cardinal recently, just just talking about how wait a second, this unfettered and I'm paraphrasing, immigration is a problem. It's a challenge. We just have to, you know, and I'm paraphrasing, just respect everybody's basic humanity, treat people humanly. And so I don't expect in any way, shape or form that we're going to have a pope who's going to say that all borders have to be open. I think we're going to have a pope who takes that the same really wise approach that the Catholic Bishops of Colorado have taken, which is respecting the inherent human dignity of everybody, regardless of whether they're here legally or not. But at the same time, society taking the steps societies allowed to take to enforce their laws, you know, insure order, safety, et cetera. So you know, it's a common sense kind of approach, and I expect this Pope will take the same thing, but the starting point will be it all comes back to, right. I mean, this is the whole idea. And I can only speak for the Catholic Church because that's what I've been a part of all these years. Is the attitude is, hey, whether it's it's the Pope or any of the rest of us, you carry the mail. You can't change what's in the letter, and so it all comes back to what would Jesus do? What would Jesus do in this same situation. That that's whether you're the Pope, whether you're a priest like my uncle father Rogrew who just joined us in the last segment and has been a priest for sixty seven years, wherever you are in the high hierarchy. You know, it all comes down to that same simple thing. So I really don't expect I mean, listen, the Pope is going to speak and then bluntly and clearly when it comes to immigration, but I don't expect that that's going to cause any kind of rift with the President. And what it comes down to is, my Lord, I mean, you've got two people in the Pope and President Trump who have the most profound and broadest kind of common ground when it comes to Catholic teaching. You know, blessed are the peacemakers and the inherent dignity of human life. And we have not had a better president in our lifetimes when it comes to the unborn and protecting the unborn. It's the foundational issue for the church as well. And Trump has been the best pro life president in American history. And then when it comes to peacemakers, he's a piece or strength guy. But we have an edititor peacemaker and so Ano there is so much common grond between the two. So if you think I'll go to the Vatican, Ryan, oh absolutely, and he was.
Speaker 5: I think we have the sound of him expressing great celebration over the fact that we will have the first ever American pope. And of course, Dan, the first person I thought of was you, and that he's coming out of Chicago and your remarkable uncle in that previous segment, just so exciting, Like you said, such a great moment for the city.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the whole city. Yeah, And how cool that is. And in a lot of ways, I think it's really appropriate just because Chicago it's a city of workers. It's a city of working people. I know it has its crazy crime and everything else because lefty policies, but its core and its history is a city of hard workers, city of broad shoulders. And it's just it's really appropriate because, just like I've been saying for years, for the Republican Party to win and to matter, it has to be the party of the working people, and it has to truly deliver for working people. The church, you go back to the core, you go back to Jesus. I mean, who did Jesus choose to be his twelve apostles? I mean, he wasn't up there in the c suite pulling people out right. Well, no, you're talking to the workers, you guys who are out there doing the fishing and everything else. And so I'm really glad that we have a pope from that kind of background. Very similar, right, my friend to Pope John Paul the Great, Yes, and very very similar. And so yeah, I just could not be more excited, not just because hey, I think he's going to be a super good pope, and because he's from Chicago and the American thing and and all of that. I just think. I just think we're moving in the right direction when it comes to commitment to you know, working people, when it comes to a commitment to the poor, because when you look at President Trump, his policies, his policies are going to do so much more for the poor than the Democrats, because the Democratic prop policies that they have to keep a very large number of poor people. I mean, the secular left that runs the party knows that once people start making seventy grand or more, a majority are going to vote Republican. The very existence of the Democratic Party depends on keeping a lot of people from making more money. So I just and it took me a while to know that when I was a Democrat, I was a Democrat for very noble reasons, because I believe that party was the best vehicle to serve the poor and protect the weak in defense as those without a voice, and to have equal opportunity for working people, you know. And I just saw the Democratic Party as the best vehicle for that. I never in a million years, my friend, would have thought the Republican Party would be a better vehicle. Once I became a Republican, I came to understand that it is m hm. So I just like between the President and the Pope. I'm not saying in that order. I really like where the world's headed right now.
Speaker 5: I've got a text here and I got a post on X along these lines, asking about you, because I think the Texter slash listener knows that I am not Catholic personally.
Speaker 1: I'm Protestant, but I thought we changed that.
Speaker 7: No, I don't think I qualified.
Speaker 5: But please ask him, meaning your uncle, what he thinks about the Trump Pope picture. Did he get a laugh or find it unacceptable? What did you think of?
Speaker 1: Oh? You know, I'm going to call him during the break and ask him that. Sure, you know, I think I'm probably like most people who thought it was in bad taste. And I laughed my head off, you know. Yeah, No, I listen, President Trump has been so great for Catholics, and he's been so great for the Catholic Church. You have Joe Biden and these lefties out there literally persecuting Catholics, you know, sending the FBI to their home, rating Catholics, putting Catholics in jail. I mean that the Biden administration and the secutor left that runs a Democratic party is so openly hostile toward Catholics, the Catholic Church, religious freedom.
Speaker 5: Man, how could that be when Joe Biden was the second ever Catholic president?
Speaker 1: Oh man, Oh boy, yeah right? I mean, but it just goes back to it just goes back to so many people have sold themselves for power. So many people have been willing to betray everything for power, betray their faith, betray their God so they can get and keep power. And listen, I'm the furthest thing from a perfect Catholic. That's not the point. But when you talk about people like Joe Biden, I mean, how many people have just decided to forsake their very faith to get and keep power in the Democratic Party? Possible? There are so many you couldn't count them. I think we have some Pelosi sound here, right? We got to play that. I mean, she may be exhibited even even before Biden.
Speaker 10: Do you think that at this moment, when so many people are looking to him he could be impactful as a moral and ethical voice on that issue that we're dealing with, when so many people are being mass supported or fear it.
Speaker 4: Well, I certainly hope so. And from his comments previous to being elected the Pope. He has made clear what his values and his view of all of that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but do you think she cares at all what the Pope's view on abortion is. She's devoted all over God given talents and opportunities and platforms and her whole professional life to undermining the core teaching of the Catholic Church. Her obsession has been abortion on demand till the moment of delivery. So you think she cares a wit about what the Pope says on the fundamental civil rights issue of our lifetime. No, but that's just the point, right, And listen, I am a very flawed Catholic and I'm the furthest thing from perfect. But when we're talking about politics and people who made that cold, deliberate decision, Okay, do I turn my back on my faith, my very faith so I can get and keep power in the Democratic Party. There are a whole lot of those. You're on the Dan Kapla.
Speaker 7: Show and now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 1: When it was this good, right, so many reasons to be optimistic, and the new Pope just one of them. Three or three someone three or two five five takes d an five seven seven three nine. Some Texters not so much. Dan, I especially like this pope and that he was only involved in a small way with the child sex cover up. I would love to understand someday where this irrational anti Catholic hate comes from, right, And I truly what I mean that, I would love to understand it. And I'd love to have a true conversation with one of the haters because I just don't get that. But I'm pretty darn sure I could convince them otherwise if we had a chance to have the conversation. I mean, first of all, totally bogus allegation, But second, why do some people, why do some people just want to completely deny it, just and close their eyes to the overwhelming amount of good. I mean, no matter what your own religious beliefs are, and you know that's you're right, But I'm just talking about in the trench is good that the Catholic Church, including this Pope, have done for the poor over the years. And I'm not going to preach on this, but we all know it's true. Literally, Denver, Colorado would fall apart tomorrow without Catholic charities. It's just that simple. Northern Colorado right now, Catholic charity is so involved. I'm biased, I'm a board member, but it also gives me knowledge, and I'm just telling you it would fall apart without Catholic charities and Catholic charity. He's taking care of probably a whole lot more non Catholic people than Catholic people, but the poor in the trenches, the really dirty work. So yeah, I'd love to understand this hates some day because it really should be the opposite. And listen, no human institution, no human is ever going to be perfect. There's only been one human and divine. But so I'm not saying the Catholic Church has been perfect, Clearly it hasn't. No human enterprise ever has been. But you talk about the good, the massive amount of good over hundreds of years, hard to top it. Let's go to Warren in beautiful Colorado Springs. Had the pleasure of being in trial down there this week and loved every minute of it. Warren, how you doing well?
Speaker 3: Spent a lot of time since I talked. Yeah, yeah, such a month anyway, But I've learned a lot since then. I've got the time to do it. You probably don't be in busy guys. You are, but I learned a lot of information off see me because I've got the time. Anyway, anniversary of European War in Europe brings a point I want to talk to you. Tell you about. There was approximately four hundred thousand Americans that were killed as a result of World War Two. Many of those were accidents in this country and somewhat over three hundred and some thousand in combat. But for every American that was killed as a result of World War Two, there are proximately three hundred and fifty Americans alive in nineteen forty five in this country. Now the Russians, this is going to surprise you. For every Russian that has lost his life as the result of the German army invading Russia, there was only seven Russians alive. Seven.
Speaker 1: I hadn't heard that.
Speaker 3: So the question is almost every family lost somebody, almost every family. But the question arise, is do the Russians, and I'm not talking about just Peuten, I'm talking about the overall mass of the Russian people have a reason to be paranoid about military on the boter And my answer to that is yes, they're theurotically paranoid about it, and they've got a reason to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they don't have a reason. They then go rape and pillage a neighbor.
Speaker 3: They were provoked into that, No, they weren't. You got to study it.
Speaker 1: I have studied it. You're telling me it's a provocation. It's a It's definitely in the interesting time because it's stock radio contested.
Speaker 3: Every move they made, they were protested, and they wanted to talked about it, and we just wanted to shove it down their throat because every time the country got the joy NAT or they bought, the military equivalent was produced by the industrial military complex of this country, and we provoked that.
Speaker 1: Why do you think they didn't go in when Trump was president?
Speaker 3: Why didn't they go in when Trump was president? I don't think that. I think they were relating to see what was going to.
Speaker 1: Happen, But because they knew at that point the risk was too high, Right, they weren't going to go in if if NATO was going to fight back. They weren't going to go in if America was going to fight back. Right. So the only reason they went in was the weakness of Joe Biden and the weakness of Barack Obama before him.
Speaker 8: None, no, no word.
Speaker 1: Then why And I understand that you do warrant, but it's okay to have your own opinion, you can't have your own facts. The facts are when Obama was president, they went in, they took Crimea. When Trump was president, they didn't go in at all. When Biden was president, they then went in and raked and pillaged the nation. So why didn't they go in when Trump was there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, on two eight they weren't because if you try to move NATO into the end of Ukraine, Ukraine is going to be destroyed. We want to discuss this with you, and we just shoved it down their throat. We said, you're a weak We don't care what you think. Control of that time and time again. Isn't you think there's people just touching the Wan that knew that they would do that way and wanted that war.
Speaker 1: It isn't a true warrant that The reason that Russia didn't go into Ukraine when Trump was president is that whatever perceived threat from Ukraine was not great enough to justify a military invasion unless it was going to be quick and easy like Crimea. And they thought that this was going to be quick and easy.
Speaker 3: Well, you know the only thing that I can say about that is the guy that Trump hired to an advisor to his fat tector defense was with Colonel Douglas McGregor, the other Royce whipped. He says about it, and he didn't helping Trump would change his tune to what is going on. But who knows where this is going to go now. But the other thing I was going to mention to you is the Mexican barter. Uh. I'm just going to give you a hypothetical real quickly. Remember, things are getting pretty warm when proser Reagan was that he called the Russian evil Empire, and people were, you know, the push to build this, the web, the rockets and everything was going. I'm pretty good. The Cold War was heating up. What Mexico would elected a president It was real hostile to the United States, almost like Venezuela. And they got so bad that he asked.
Speaker 1: What, Wren, We literally have fifteen seconds if the question is okay, if we have a hostile president on the other side, does that and justify invading, raping, and pillaging. No, I don't believe it does self defense, yes, but what Russia's doing is satanic evil you're on the dan Kapla show,