Speaker 1: Freddy here. Now, there's a thing about chimneys. They're mostly round. Sometimes you'll get one with hexagonal bas like, but they're not common at all. And in all my lifetime I've only ever encountered one chimney that were octagonal. You were all right, big bustard too, But like all chimneys I went up against, I was the one left standing at the end of the day, ding ding, what's of dinner time?
Speaker 2: I'll see the ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Listeners of the Tom and Jerry Show, please welcome the fighter to the left. I'm fighting straight out of temporary the man with the mustache, mister Tom oh money.
Speaker 2: And of course over there is Jerry Harry's keeping. Yes, how are you doing?
Speaker 4: It's Tom and Jerry Show Podcast, Extraordinary Ultimate Podcast. One would say, Tom, how are you keeping this week? Before we get into us.
Speaker 2: We got bears? You got bears? It's a new teams to have the new tea shirt. No, I didn't get them, but it turns out we had bears and I had forgot. I had put it in the back of my child brain. We went to clear the weekend. It's a long man away from here to there. Went to clear.
Speaker 4: A lot of people said the other journey in short, I was leaving that gate up, thank you.
Speaker 2: We went to Aliwie Caves, Yeah, is highly recommended, brilliant thing. Went to see some unbelievable birds of prey at prey. But we went into this cave at thirty one degrees. When we got into the cave, it was cool ten degrees in there. Oh the way, it was glorious. And they they what made him famous again, much like all these things around the world. A farmer founder, while chasing his fucking dog, fell the hole, fill the hole and dug out the hole and went Jesus, the poor bastard. He found it, discovered it, and then two cute fucking hor and neighbors said, we'd buy it after you yeap, cleaned it up and medic what is it on your whole midute ton of money off it. But they found baar bones, bear bones from way back in the Ice age times. Well they reckon, they were right up, They were here up till three They reckoned three thousand years ago. But I don't know, I don't know anyway.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm going to tell you, Tom, that we're lucky they didn't stick around any longer, said to me.
Speaker 2: Jerry, Jerry, the bear fighting fucking McBride. So I tell you wanted for the away caves. Tom. We were there at a school tour. So this is thirty years ago. Oh yeah, at a stroll. But one of the tour guides there said something that has stuck with me to this day. Get down after fucking static might.
Speaker 4: Well it was I was actually stallic mightes. He was saying, okay, we went to the whole class. Does anybody know the difference between staling mites and stalic tights. I'm sure we were like, I don't know one one's one's the ones this and then even he goes, there's.
Speaker 2: An easy way of knowing, and he was dead series. He wasn't doing a bit. I think the same guy held onto this bit, but go on, he.
Speaker 4: Goes a static tight, holds tight to the ceiling, and he goes, okay, what's the stag might he goes the other one.
Speaker 2: I like that. It's like, you know, you hear that voice over every so often over just funny bits like a guy driving a tractor or something like back in the day, I'm sleeping with two with a beer of twins. People ask me how I told him aport Tina was gorgeous and Bob had a cock. I like those flat, those flatter answers on the the flip side. Yeah, well came here.
Speaker 4: Listen, we are going to jump into a show ladies and gentlemen. But it's a little bit different this week. It's just every now and then it just gets to.
Speaker 2: Be a little bit different.
Speaker 4: When Tom and I are divvying up the podcast and who's doing what, and you're weekly what have you? And your or we remember whence and indeed you're this lad. Sometimes they all merge into one and we have a bit of a struggle going like, well this lad actually is the weekly what have you? And as we mentioned them, now we could.
Speaker 2: And it all sort of merges like that. On on occasion we just go fuck it.
Speaker 4: We can make a fair episode out of this in one goal, and that is what we are doing today, folks, myself and mostly mister Tom o'maddny, predominantly mister tomu'manney, will be taking a look at the rise in our lifetime of the UFC.
Speaker 2: If it's a thing that you're going arah, fuck this, trust me, Neither one of us are experts in this. I know a tiny bit more than Jerry, so this will be more We're all holding hands to get through this, so it'll be more crack than it is factual. I can promise you that. So, and there's not a quiz at the end of it. There isn't, so hold on. This isn't a funny indulgence for myself and Jerry go. You know, we've been waiting for so long. But do you know what this will do?
Speaker 4: Jr.
Speaker 2: Because the UFC gets mentioned so often in just tit bits while dipping in and out of other things. I think this might actually just put a cap on that we might ever speak at the UFC again, unless something fucking unless something else comes around.
Speaker 4: We were going to just do we remember the rise of the UFC, and it was no chance it would fit into.
Speaker 2: Not a hope, and we've we've cows to feed. Dam this is the problem. There's cows to be fed, there's and there's you know, all sorts to be milked. We couldn't possibly and it was like that you just rushed through it and evidently you get you would get people going raic for Fox. He missed all this bit more than anything. It's the kind of it snuck up on our lives. And as Jerry was telling me beforehand, he've made a valid point and went, this is the one sport on that's kind of happened. Grown didn't die in a toll, because plenty of sports have died in their hole. A lot of it flourished in a relative shorts to the time that you know, the turtles were nearly out before this.
Speaker 4: You know, honestly, when you look back at the early seeds of what became to give it as proper title, it's UFC is like McDonald's. The sport itself is mixed martial arts. But the very seeds of that tom like when we look at it, we were looking at that like in the in the early nineties.
Speaker 2: That's it it was. It was the brainchild of a guy called Art Davy and one of you'll nearly juju nearly want if you've ever smelt martial arts, you have heard of the Grazie family from Brazil. Their father, Horian I think he was Horian, went to Japan to learn jiu jitsu and said, you know what, a bit of capuware, a bit of our natural flexibility, I bet i could do better, and he developed and had registered. I got it registered Brazilian jiu jitsu. You'll often hear just be BJJ, and it is I hate to tell the Japanese legs, but it is a bit more of the time. The two of them came together and kind of joined up with another group to set set this up back in like ninety three to go, and the whole.
Speaker 4: Swear, I swear it might have been earlier than that, Tom because the one the one introduction that I had to what was Brazilian jiu jitsu was lethal weapon or Brazilian jiu jitsu was young so old at this Dingy mel Gibson is fighting with Brazilian jiu jitsu. When he's fighting, mister Joshua, get that piece of ship off my lawn. And I like, up to that point, the fights that we had seen in movies were like Rocky it was boxing, or was the Karate Kid?
Speaker 2: It was straight up kung fu. And then you see Mel Gibson getting Gary Busey in like a triangle choke on the ground, and like, what the fuck am I looking at here? Why isn't he just bit his balls off? Yeah? Yeah, oh, this is the thing. That it. There's so many tiny little nuances and you'd nearly go fox Sake, this is too hard for like, there's so many like teams. She went, I get the pointing bone at the edge of my knee around his ankle there, and what I'll do is that form of ful crumb. Like this guy was an engineering genius the way he came up with this fucking thing. But like he started down the road to you know, to better the Japanese jujitsu, there had been like a year in going I might forget not near fuck im, but he persisted. He developed this and actually had like that. He had actual like Bruce Lee had back in the day, you know, bringing kung fu to the Guilo. He got himself a bunch of people like in America. So at this state, she got himself a bunch of participants to as as students say, his class. But he's still he fancied himself. He was like, I'd say, I'm after developing anything here that's that could beat this ship out of any form of you know, combat sport anything.
Speaker 4: We would have to have some sort of tournament to to to see if that statement is actual, Tom, wouldn't.
Speaker 2: We and that's where businessman Art Davy and he absolutely looks like he no problem like here, you know, he's so if anybody just just google a picture of Art Davy and he so looks like a businessman you can approach with this mental idea and he's like a like a kid. And he approached him. And of course he had people in you know, the like the Semaphore Entertainment Group who were like, let's fucking do it, all right. They put you know, these guys were probably the first to put on bull riding mad shite where people might get killed during it, and they put this whole thing together. And the only state that would let it because it was just you see they make it out like McCain and never knocked it back back in the day, was like, no, you're not having that in our state and other centers, you're not having that hour State HiT's human cockfighting and the Army was was like, well those boxing so was boxing, but you see they're in lies. The issue boxing was so powerful. I mean you were talking about the Mike Tyson Ivander Holyfield era. We were like, you know, Riddick Bow you you know, if these phenomenal names and like there's no fucking way the Union of the WBC and the w you know WBA are going to let this ship into the into their states. But they Denver Colorado, which I would imagine it's probably gone a bit the other way. They probably wouldn't let it in these days, but they allowed it. On November twelfth, nineteen ninety three, they allowed it in. And this was the day of I'm guessing the sort of con fans that would have brought in would have been fucking maniacs to go to you remember e CW. You remember that Mad Ship lads.
Speaker 4: I was just going to say, probably like the lads to go to the power Slap Lead. Yeah, just like people that just want to see blood boxing is too tame for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got to see see a bleak you know, this kind of way, and and that was that was that, And then they made kind of fuck all on that and it kind of died in this whole bit. But they did make a good few pound on the video that went around the world. You'll have all have seen kind of the cover of it as some sage. You know, it's like a ball guy in his underpants holding two giant fists. Out standing over the world, you know, that kind of one. You know, if you asked Ai now to make it, that's what it would make.
Speaker 4: Yeah, am I am I right in saying now that the very early elements of this mixed martial arts doesn't look like what we would would see nowadays. It really what the style of MMA today is. I do a bit of box and a bit of grappling and do a bit of everything. But back then it was oh, no, I'm a jiu jitsu guy fighting. Well, that is a glass boxer.
Speaker 2: That's it. You see. It wasn't even trying to develop a new thing, which is what MMA now is. It is its own Like they should give it an Asian name, you know, really like they should give it a cool Asian name now because it genuinely is its own thing. There are things in it we go, oh, that looks like the thing from digitsu elements, that's a shoot from wrestling, or that's you know, double hooks, or that's a tekwondo style cake or but all put together, you'd have to say, you wouldn't see them, you know, you never see the whole lot of them together and anything. So it's become one thing. No, when it started first, Gracie really was self indulgent to God, of course, he was just going, let's see who's the f And Bruce Lee tried to putting something like this together years ago. He was like, come at me, Bro, and that's essentially what he was saying. So he put his son. I think it's either his son or his brother. I don't know the Grazy family. They're they're fucking rakes of them. But you would read it as Royce grazy. But Brazilian people say heis, so he's heist crazy. I've heard the name heyst grazy, yes, so he would be introduced to it. And Ken Shamrock was shoot fighting, which is would be kind of wrestling, but to be you know, it's done in boots. You can kick the fucking head off each other. You're a guy called it's street fighting, but he you know what I mean. He was a martial artist like he He was a tough bastard. Him and his brother more than him. In a second, another guy called uh Gerard Gardieux. He was savat, which I think is a French or it could be wrong of Belgian. I could be fair wrong. At this night, I think these are all I see there.
Speaker 4: These are all individual components that they specialized in, but the MM we would watch the day is very.
Speaker 2: Much the special fried rice of it all. Now got a bit of fucking everything now you said it now because there was Takwanda from Patty Smith. There was a fellow Ark Jimmerson who's in their boxing, Zayan Fraser was karate and Ken Rosier was kickboxing. And then they had Tea Tooley who was of simone but he was a sumo guy. Which is I mean, this is this is street fighter. This is street fighters coming in at the end. Yeah, it really like it's it was the original real life committee.
Speaker 4: I've got a little something here, Okay, yeah, what have you got? So so so this is like this is like mid nineties and the UFC started to kind of even wasn't you know it wasn't the UFC. Yeah, but the Ultimate Fighter started to gain traction among those No, there was no Internet back in the time, but we became aware that there was a thing that was wrestling but real it sounded coolish.
Speaker 2: Shit, you know, it's wrestling, but you.
Speaker 4: Really are trying to kill each other. I took a look back through my old Power Slam magazines which is no restaurant magazine. I used to collect in the in the in the nineties, and they started releasing annuals with all the all the back issues in it and as much as they would do wrestling results from from all around the world and or yeah look here sorry, talk about yourselves. So here's for everything that happened, everything that happened in e c W. And then they would have just the one smallest little column for UFC as and when it happened, I mean, yeah, yeah, get a month when we had some UFC on yeah, and and this was as much you knew about the UFC.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 4: UFC Championship seven held in Buffalo, New York, Mark Hall, Jerry Harris, uh and and there's a man there, Ken Wayne Shamrock.
Speaker 2: Ken Wayne Shamrock used to go by the three names until someone.
Speaker 4: Said, you know, we don't need it. We actually believe that you are a serial killer. You don't have to have the middle name with it, you know, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, rested on fourteen cans of murder Kane Wayne Shamrock. Now that's someone got the pr So it was starting to leak into what you and I would know as as a thing, and if we knew about it without the Internet time, it had to be making some waves somewhere.
Speaker 2: I ID magazines kind of like that. They just you know, it didn't let up as as immaculate as your once back in the ninety but yeah, I remember I did. I had a I'd won't say a subscription, but I'd get it anytime. I don't know if pocket money would be martial arts magazines, and it verably, it was so envious of all the American guys because they'd such a good tournament set up, like not no a fellows have one hundred fucking trophies by the end of the litter, like you know, and you're gonna get to fight every three months. That's it because we just didn't have them here.
Speaker 4: So so just sticking on wrestling for one little second. This is like mid nineties, ninety five, ninety six, and that man we just mentioned there, Kane Wayne Shamrock, made the leap over to the ww F and round about ninety seven ninty eight with another guy called Dan Severn, and they were the quote unquote shoot fighters like when they came. And I want to say that it was a big get for WWF at the time to sign these people like it was okay, you know that hot shit new thing that UFC everybody's been hearing about over the last five or six years.
Speaker 2: Well, we got a couple of their stars.
Speaker 4: To come in and and do it with us. Not unheard of, still happens to this day, and Ken Shamrock was probably the guy that that got to be the biggest of that. Now, I didn't see any UFC at the time, but I was watching the wrestling and Ken Shamrock was there looking like he was about to fucking marbles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he came up like he was. He was in the first one. Obviously his brother showed up. I mean they're both adopted, you know what I mean. But they both took the Shamrock name from their father. Marketing. Baby, it's it's a marketing it's a great name, fighter's name. It's a great name. No connection with Ireland whatsoever. He Yeah, he came over and he was a huge success because he looked great, good looking. But but you know, this fellow hadn't a pro wrestlers face. This guy had a face that had taken a fucking heighten for a long time, but a body which was a great time in UFC because this was the early nineties. It was at this stage now it had kind of like it was still circling the fucking drain. Really, it didn't know what it was.
Speaker 4: And it was a lot of small businesses tom struggling in the early years.
Speaker 2: And this is the thing. They obviously didn't have the wherewo all to pay what senators they needed to pay. This is the reality of it, like because as we know about American sports, any sports, but American sports especially money glasses over everything. And but they'd gotten him in the nineties, and a lot of them at that stage, like they like some Mark Kerr, who the Rock just played in a Yes, Mark Coleman, there was a couple of they were like Don Fry. A lot of people will see image of Don Fry outstanding mustache, known as the Predator. But we're jacked to the fucking max because what.
Speaker 4: Was the what was the steroid testing like back then.
Speaker 2: It it was it was all right up there with have you ever seen Basco? Never? Right, no steroids and you then that's where it was at. It was gloriously fucking loosey goosey, And it was great because lads lads were just fucking monsters. Like it didn't it didn't it can. I think it was actually the dreamy scenario we described in the Steroid Olympics that we wanted to see mid to late nineties in mixed martial arts, the UFC was some of the greatest things you'll ever see because these mutants will walk out from behind the curtain and this was There was no pomp, there was no fucking oh holding a fucking four to two in the year. These lads were going out and I was like, you you might fight three times in the night. The way they ended up organizing it after a while, like there was K one then was like one fight in the night or one tournament in the night, and that was interested. Okay one was a similar thing, but it was based off of the back of kickboxing, but it was the Japanese and it wasn't pride another thing. Pride is, yeah, pride is another thing. It was pride still holds and a lot of fellas tipped the cap to that. They're like a lot of fucking big Dad. He's like fado A Milionenko, who would have been considered the greatest that has ever done it. Never came to the UFC because he was like, I don't need them when they are like Japanese men and Euroka. I don't know if they looked into his backstory with the men ever make it back out of but the money was never there. It was never right for him, and that was the one apparently they but he was one of the few that just looked like a dead bod. But he was the real fable against fighting. But they were gloriously jacked, Jerry. They were fucking massive. It was great, and they the fucking brain cells out of each other.
Speaker 4: Was this I want to this, I want to linger on for just a that second because if there was one thing that would sell it in the wrestling magazines that I was reading was that it was a It was an absolute blood but it was carnage. Yeah, it was like beyond It was like, you know, change the canvas after every match. This is just beyond the pale h And I had no avenue to watch it at the time, but I was.
Speaker 2: I was intrigued, Tom, I was intrigued.
Speaker 4: So where are we now on the timeline?
Speaker 2: So we're we're heading up now. It's dying on its whole right. It is unfortunately it is. It's getting there getting boxed out with everything right, because they can't get it in to fucking any place. It's just struggling and like that McCain is, I called it cock fighting and get a human cock fight. And it was just not fucking doing well. This is in the late like ninety eight ninety nine. They were going wrapping it up and it was backwards. Now they deport. The fucking thing was in the hole. And that's when a small time boxing promoter, Dana White, partners two very successful casino owners. It is called for Tita brothers, Lorenzo and Frank, who rich kids. They got left to be casino. But to be fair with him, they took the ball and ran with They owned the Red Rocks. They settled then and just ran that casino they could have. And they now have the Red Rocks, you know, all the ones there, and they have a bunch of meat companies and stuff like that, like and I don't know where they're out like rock trailers. No, that's on by a Monahan man. I'm just going to say, no, the Red Rock casinos, you know, right, that'd be hilarious if they owned the fucking trailer fucking plant in. I only UFC fight in the back of a red rock trailer. We can get that organized because Mickey, Mickey Core is the man's name. I know his daughter very well. She's married a good friend of mine, and I couldn't believe, like I went to the plowing Championship and she was saying she couldn't get her father only just bought it, bought him out, and Lad's just work queuing up like he was Marty Moont, just to talk to the guy to the bader. But anyway, in this period they bought it for two million, formed a company called Zufa. You'll still see Zufa, the Zefa little logo pop up and things in the corner. And it was gone for It was bollocksed. It was absolutely bolloxed. And they say, like they say, the Ultimate Fighter, right, and we'll get onto this in a minute, that that was the thing in two thousand and five, that really's Catapultar. But they reckon, and Dana White will tell you that it was. He was. He was clearing out their office. They bought all the gear everything. They wouldn't take everything, take the pens, take fucking the desks, everything, and moving it. I'm assuming that I think they were moving into Las Vegas from New York or whatever. And he went to he just had boxes and boxes of tapes of fight videos. Yeah, and he's gone better go through some of these to see what gett a bit of a backstory in who we have on the roster, who's working, who's working the fucking mic on these things. And he went through and he found a young lad with hair at the time called Joe Rogan, and Joe Rogan was a stand up who was a martial artist. And he went, fuck hell, this fellow knows way more about all of this shit than any of us. So he rang him up and said, Joe, I haven't the pot to piss in. I'm backwards fucking over a million million dollars and have about four million to fucking spend on this thing to get it out. Would you have any interest in coming along. I'll pay you a few hundred quidies. I'll do it for nothing. Joe did his first fourteen for nothing. He's because I love martial arts that much. If you'll let me talk to martial artists like a little nerd. So right, okay, and you come so but it was by all accounts, he was an actor on a TV show as well at the time, so he gave it a bit of providence, and also good looking fellow, smart and fair, knew what he was talking about.
Speaker 1: He was like the the.
Speaker 2: Fucking the Marty Morrissey of the US. He said, Joe Rogan today, who I believe.
Speaker 4: Has a podcast as well, not not to the caliber, right, Yeah, but I have said this to you before on this show, Tom, that on occasion, and for the very fucking longest time, I thought Joe Rogan and Dana White were the same person.
Speaker 2: I'd never seen Dinna White went a scrap of hair. Joe had hair back in the day.
Speaker 4: So I've always known him to be bold, and he would come in and interview the guys at the end of those of the mic up to his face like this, yeah, and you.
Speaker 2: Get a look at him and you're like, that's the same fucking dude. Tom. I want to I want to.
Speaker 4: I want to throw throw one out in case we're losing any of our listeners. Where where's the Where's where's the where's the fucking I've never watched the UFC in my life. Where's my bit? I'm gonna throw you in a little bit here, ladies and gentlemen of the Tom and Jerry Show, it was a Ryan about this time, I want to say, in ninety eight, ninety nine, maybe a little earlier than Tom's talking about, before the UFC ran out of money all together. We can tell you where the UFC was with this one very simple thing. The UFC showed up in several episodes of Friends. It is the biggest fu sitcom in the world at the time, and the storyline was that Monica's boyfriend, who was like a rich, eccentric billionaire kind of a dude being played by fucking Johnaux Johnau.
Speaker 2: Can I say that? Funny? John? What am I saying? This is like you and the Sillage now all over again as Siloch. But it's all right, John Favreau. He's a sound fellow. He listens to this, he'll be sounding off about it. He makes a lovely sandwich. Apparently.
Speaker 4: Anyway, he was Curt and Monica and she thought she was. She saw a receipt that he was buying a ring. She's like, oh my god, I'm getting a ring. But in actual fact, he was buying an octagon to practice.
Speaker 2: UFC and she.
Speaker 4: Was like, what the fuck is that, but he had to explain, like, you know, it's it's it's the Ultimate Fighter and I'm gonna fight I think, and I think in the episode he goes on to fight tank Abbott fucking smashed in.
Speaker 2: Three seconds and it sticks with me to this day.
Speaker 4: Like Joey calls out in the hall like fights on and then there's just beat and he goes, fight's over.
Speaker 2: It's on the weekend.
Speaker 4: He said that at the weekend. More on that at the end of the show. Okay, so we've got it. We've got we've got some friends exposure for the good that does us. Although in Friends they made jokes about how it was literally human cockfighting, but I.
Speaker 2: Mean, at the same time regards you couldn't know. Any exposure is good exposure. And this is like it was it hooked the census where people are like, oh and as a child, as you know, as a teenager, you're going this sounds cool as shit. It's the committee, do you know what I mean? It is literally blood sport. Like if anybody it's a it's a it's a video game. It is an excitement where you're like, okay, so we're going to see who's the best, right, We're gonna see who the fucking best is.
Speaker 4: So the elements are coming together here, Tom, We've got Dana White in place, We've got Joe Rogan in place, We've got a little bit of national exposure. People if they've never seen the UFC are at least somewhat familiar with it.
Speaker 2: They are at the stage because it's some brilliant, iconic things. We're done. I you know, Okay, it's got the rules, that's gone, and I think that one of the biggest draws. And you notice as a restling fan is the ring itself, right, Yeah, it's an octagon? Why not the gun? Why not? Because it's not a squared circle. It's not the boxing the Queensburry rules wrestling, it's not it's not what we consider right because you go, well, if it's wrestling, it's on a flat mat and it's open. If it's Brazilian jiu jitsus on a flat mat. If it's boxing, it's got you know, three ropes. If it's wrestling's got three No, we're going to put it in a cage. It makes it it's all the cooler it was cool the cooler it was cool when Thunderdome it was cool. It's it's cool in every sense of the world. As a kid, it's the you know, and people criticize it to this day. Even I've heard your man rogue and go, what's a terrible idea. I think you should be in a kind of a bold out padded he said, then people could really get after each other. Like he says, now you're able to get a finger into the old chicken wire and you can kind of cheat a bit with it and stuff. But it is, it is what it is. Now, it is what it is.
Speaker 4: And like you know, they stopped calling it cage fighting, but kept the cage, which I think is a masterstroke.
Speaker 2: Tom.
Speaker 4: I absolutely wonderful marketing there. We kept the cage. We just didn't say it's a KFC. We stopped calling it. We just called the KFC. And people are like, I guess there's got vitamins in it.
Speaker 2: Now, just don't make it threes and I love let's hit down for some fried See. No, it's not fried chicken, it's KFC. It's a whole different thing. It's not cage fighting, it's an octagon. I then it's a trick by not lowering it from the ceiling like wrestling.
Speaker 4: So the elements that we know of UFC have started to coming. And I must be said, now this is a tricky ten to fifteen year stretch to get here from this obscure sport brought in from rigil have you to get to where we are here now?
Speaker 2: This is this is.
Speaker 4: Where a lot of businesses have failed already, you know, and and and we never hear hear from this again, and people talk about what was that fucking mad ship that used to be on Channel four in the evening. The UFC is about to bust through that glass ceiling and move forward to how they do that.
Speaker 2: They did it because they were right at the cost where there was if you wanted to be a fucking a singer, you want to be a stage performer, there was a magician, whatever you wanted to be. There was a making the band. Yes, you know, put them all in the house, watch them like big brother. Really somebody very smart. So what big brother was that made it into making the band? You know, making the team all these things. And we could do the same with fighters, and.
Speaker 4: We can do we can do we can get you get ten fighters, put them in the house Roll cameras on it like it's the Jersey Shore and now it's the cheapest TV you ever had in your life.
Speaker 2: And your net. You couldn't ask for better entertainment in the sense. I wasn't a big fan of reality TV anyway, so I never watched much of it, but I understood you're putting fighters like you're putting high end probably most of them are either high end of from a martial arts background now at this stage, because it's not the grab Marst that was going on in the mid nineties is gone. This now is you have, you know, lads who are NCAA champions at matt Wrestling. You know, much like brock Lesna was all Americans valid career opportunity out there exactly like some lads are just built for war like and exactly when you're very good at it, and this opportunity is put in front of you where it's like a UFC contract at the end of it. And also you're not putting Okay, there's not going to be a bunch of genius in there, but then neither is Love Island. But it's at least you can go, well, you know what you're going to get a bunch of lads who are the fucking king in their gym. Put bunch of these alpha males in and see how they get on. And it's going to get good television time, I mean. And then the end of the week isn't that they are going and do a challenge, but they got to eat a funny fucking thing from the forest. No, the challenge is there. You're gonna just straight up, straight up kick the ship out of each other. You're going to fight to stay in this house. Yeah, literally, like there's no handbags being thrown. It's right. The end of the group, the end of the thing is we're going to beat the fucking snot out of each other.
Speaker 4: And it's it was like America's Next Top Model, only not as violent.
Speaker 2: And they like what you'd have is kind of a bit of a has been or a legend of the game would be the captain of each team, yes you know, or be you know, to be the manager of each year.
Speaker 4: The like is reality TV one on one time, this is it and they do this for fucking bakery shows and they do yeah pottery, fucking pottery.
Speaker 2: You knew this boy was when gang Boss people became household names. I think it was.
Speaker 4: Probably sort of the name of the show in here. The Ultimate Fighter was what it was called, correct, Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Ultimate Fighter? It was it was finding the Ultimate Fighter and did find I don't know how many series Dan five or six years of it. Anyway, I would think it's still fucking cool. Hardly is it. I know Dana White went around the world with two mates, saying in the TV show called Dana Wife wants to want to Fight, and he would go watch different organizations, whether it was in Thailand or Poland or whatever, and they would just go, gee, okay, christ above these, let's go fight the Ultimate Fighter, my friend. The Ultimate Fighters still going?
Speaker 4: Is? It is currently in its thirty sixth season.
Speaker 2: Get the fuck out of here? Is it? Yeah? Like there is no reality TV show doing that. Yeah? Is still going?
Speaker 4: Is? It is now in its twenty first year, and it has various spin offs. Maybe maybe when I'm madding them up, yeah, that's including spinoffs and things.
Speaker 2: But no, it's still a thing.
Speaker 4: You get a prize six figure contract with the UFC, which is a big deal today, But back in two thousand and five when this thing came out first, was no kind of was no kind of big prize back then, but it soon would be come well.
Speaker 2: It launched lads, and it helped. Like there was two guys I think that they ended up getting the contract because they were both. There was only to be one, but it was Forrest Griffin and Stephen Bonner who both basically they were like, fucking can't set bridge and they both went down to the house. Now Stephen Honor, I won't say Lord of Marcona, but the man has some severe mental issues at the minute, like he's everything has slowed down. Could be as a complete something else, but it looks like you I'd say, it's quite a lot of shots. But they went on then and they ended up biting buying out Strikeforce, which is what a lot of these you know, we talked about the WW doing the same thing, just moden up by your competition, and Strike Force was a big fucking name. Now they could never get They would never and would never even try to get their hands on K one because that is the japanesest thing and you just don't step on those toes, you know what I mean. That's would you try and get Fellows over from there and Alistair overhim and Arlovski who by the way, but there's a guy called Lawski. I could be wrong. He might be fucking Ukraine. I could be wrong. But the guy has come back from cancer twice and is still fighting in his fort Fox to him.
Speaker 4: But there's actually there's a there's a bunch of names I want to say, come out of come out of this whole process. And indeed some some of the veterans that come out of here that household names is probably a bit strong for it, you know, but households that have men of very agent and tom they would be household names, I guess because these are the guys that kind of went broke through into some degree of success coming out of the fighting world here into into movies and things like this. You would all of a sudden start to see Randy Randy cture show up in a in a in a D list action movie, or what do you call the French guy George Sampierre, George san Pierre.
Speaker 2: But I mean he's good looking, he's he's cool at ship, you know, and there's a little cacheer to have like oh, we've got you know, and these and a lot of things. These are roles that used to go to wrestlers.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, Like, we need we need somebody in a bear costume to come in and terrify people. Well, you know, we used to go get the Big Show to do it, but no, fuck, We'll get Randy Ctuur to do it.
Speaker 2: Or so Rampage Jackson went on to Jackson was going to play the Who's Still by the Way one? And if you just watch a clip, if you know interest in UFC, just just type in Rampage Shacks and funny bits. He's one of the funniest people you will ever fucking see being interviewed. He just doesn't give a shit. He played b Bacas in what seemed to be a flop, But I really enjoyed the A team. Yeah. I didn't mind it myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so so yeah, So these guys are starting to age out of their UFC careers and find employment elsewhere.
Speaker 2: They're starting to get into the into the cycle. So this is this is the thing that's gathering steam. Tom two thousand and five, two thousand and six. We're cooking. We're cooking here, aren't we. So they, like I said, they bought out, they bought out Strikeforce. I think they bought out bodog As well, which is one that I always liked watching and it was it was really interesting to watch it. And I remember your sport used to show I don't know again it might have been bellot Or in the UK, bellat Or was well, Bellotors all over Europe. Again, it's I think it's after I've been to a couple of Belletors in in the three arena. Couldn't tell you if it's still going. Octagon seems to be the big one now that we win respect bellat Or is the w c W exactly, Yeah, yeah, Now there's other ones.
Speaker 4: That we have to fucking Bellotor fans come at me in the comments here.
Speaker 2: Do you know what there would be do like you go, yeah, well, you know, they don't want to support anything American. But a lot of my transitioned over now like Octagon with it's gone huge. But we talked about t Praierman, Will Floory is and he wants none of that hype, you know, that fucking you know, strutting around the place. He just wants to go in and snached like. But it seems to be very honorable. A lot of these guys seem to be very honorable. So you know this is it. But yeah, they they started mopping up, and I mean they just started picking up. They they had the they started nailing it, and we're at the forefront of production.
Speaker 3: JIR.
Speaker 2: Production was fucking incredible, and they were turning out a show. Once upon a time it was a show every six months, and then it was a show every three months, and now they're them out every fortnight, like we only talked about the you know, so this was and their production values were going through were amazing, you know what I mean, Like you'll notice Tom, you notice Tom.
Speaker 4: Around this time, this whole notion of senators saying you're not having human cockfighting in.
Speaker 2: My state started to get less and less of an issue. Oh yeah, no bother at all. And again, oh.
Speaker 4: You're that big, you're making that much money.
Speaker 2: And this is it. This is how the this is how the tide turns when you have Obviously, Dana White had the boxing promotion notion behind him, and it was worth a punt for the two for techs, right, but involved fairness, two good businessmen as well, and they made their business to jump on the latest hot thing and promote them through the roof, like and it's you'll see it. I mean, there's guys like if you said, well, okay, the World Cup, which is on right now. In soccer, you only get to the final to play if you've beaten everybody else, and that's just the way it is. Well, that's not how the UFC runs. Yeah, sure there's rankings and stuff like that, but like if you're a fucking name jer your headline and you'll get a title fight when when you want, you know, the kind of way like if John Jones, who people would argue is the greatest that has ever done it, the most naturally gifted has ever done it, if he came back next week, they go, who do you want to fight? What belt you want them? That's literally the way it is, and that's it's kind of indictative, indigative of the capitalist money machine that America is. Like it's like, all it's forgiven. Nobody don't care, We don't care. They were about that in a little second. By by twenty sixteen they said they like, they sold the UFC for four billion, right a billion. They sold it for four billion. Now, I I think it was sold. I'm going to say it was probably sold to the guitar or somebody. You know what I mean sold to somebody who had four billion, right, yeah, sitting around, sitting around, But they kept on. Now I say sold, but there were still shares being held by the Fertitis and Dana White, I think Dana White did the talk was at the time I was like, oh, you're out of area because you just got handled a billion dollars. He was like, I'm going over what the fuck he is? His own words were what else would I be doing? Which I can kind of appreciately like, yeah, right, not of actually what would you be at? Because I hate golf? I hate everything else except this, So can I stay working? Please? Right on? But yeah, no bother because they drove on and made it up until and I'd say we might have made mentioned this back in twenty twenty three, but they merged with the with WWE under TKO Group Holdings and it's all in the one now and they all I won't say it legitimized WW because it's on the go a lot longer. What it did was it made it more of a men's program. I've noticed, like you're and it might have taken a bit of a crack out of it in a lot of ways, I think, But it looks a bit more serious and everybody's wearing the suit and tie now kind of a thing, you know, which for me isn't wrestling. Wrestling should have, you know, you should have a touch of the madness too. Yeah, it should have exactly like you should have proper characters.
Speaker 4: You know, wants the marriage to create TKO. I think the UFC was kind of like, okay, well, like we're all living in the same house together here, so UFC, you can't be doing any wild or crazy shit because that's that's the wrestling. Let them do the wild, crazy shit over there, and you can't be doing it for real and making their shit look even phonier than it is.
Speaker 2: So there's a separation of it.
Speaker 4: But throughout that time, Tom, like in the last ten to fifteen years, that's when the UFC really became as you would say, a genuine household name. You could say UFC and most people would have a fair idea of it.
Speaker 2: But you say that, just have to cut you off there. You say that. When I was typing in earlier just to get one or two of the dates, my mac here Kiptain wasn't having it, and every time I looked up it would change it to the u f F fox uff Ulster freedom Fighters.
Speaker 5: Oh Jesus Christ, that guy definitely wasn't in, didn't fight back, definitely banned from a few states, a free state being one of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, could what is all this Belfast chat?
Speaker 4: I'm like, this should be Vegas, but the the like it really did catch up with every element of life. I mean, Tom, you can send your kids to mixed martial arts camps for the summer.
Speaker 2: There's there's one in Clammel, There's a there's an MMA jim in Campbell.
Speaker 4: What what what would have used to be like taekwondo or kickboxing or whatever it is has made way for MMA, and it's amazing to see, like, you know, a whole thing and kids, any kids they want to learn a little bit of self defense. I'm all for any kids that want to learn better ways to fucking bully people.
Speaker 2: We don't want that at all.
Speaker 4: But any JIM dojo master, I don't know what the fuck you call. These guys that run these MMA centers seem to be you know, fair sound heads.
Speaker 2: That I from from past experience. What I find is if you're ever going to get a bully, that referenced that place and went, well, I learned all I know from You're like, yeah, Jim, you only went there for one, you know, three sessions. Anybody who sticks it out for the long haul you learn some valuable life lessons. Opening your mouth is push ups on your knuckles, acting the count. That's a pedaling. You know you don't want to do it. The instructor tells you that's a pedaling. Everything has consequences. And you say that I was in, I've been in. I've been in the interview guy in straight last gym before and I got shown around and there's a bunch of kids in there, and it was glorious. They were the most well behaved. You'll love to see it, you love. They were just and a lot of these kids they hadn't gotten the opportunity to climb trees, you know what I mean. They hadn't gotten the opportunity to fall. You know, a lot of them hadn't gotten the opportunity to poke around with a you know, an older cousin or something. So this was a great place for them to learn just tactile physical skills. If they never went on to compete, at least they got to learn how to roll around, do you know what I mean? You know, jump intwists and understand their own body, much like when we talked about learning how to drive a car, drive an old tractor first, so you know what the fucking what's happening under you? And that was that's what the instructor was describing, because most of these kids will never compete and they don't want to, and that's fine, but at least they're in here for the crack having an owl roll, you know what I mean. And I took a lot from him. I was like, well that's do you know it legitimizes it for me in seeing it in the real world, and went all right, so caught away all that other fucking fireworks and shit, now sure they'll be still the kid with the mohawk cut in who wants you know, who wants to bring it shrink? I want to kill. But at the same time too, what you could find is, you know, especially things like jiu jitsu, it's actually they're great sports from what I can tell. For it doesn't matter your size at all, it's if how depends how dedicated you are, because a tiny fella with a few fucking swift movies could not up a fucking body builder could not yet you know what I mean. So it's like, ah, right, this gives power to the dedicated students, not just some fucking ox just going to clean house with all these less Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you know no ball machine in the gym body exactly, exactly, no ball machines. So that is the history of the UFC, Tom, But it will be remiss of us as Irish people to mention the entire history of the sport and not mention.
Speaker 2: Our contribution to it. Shall we say we glossed over it? There?
Speaker 4: We're round about twenty thirteen, are there thereabout the UFC. So the debut of the man that will become known as the notorious Connor McGregor a count. It must be just gonna put that out there on front street.
Speaker 2: Fuck him.
Speaker 4: And I saw him limp out of the cage at the weekend and I'm not I'm not a sleeve in but deep in my heart all.
Speaker 2: I could say was, hah yeah, call it came Jesus Christ has changed to the UFFA.
Speaker 4: You know, here's the thing with McGregor, and we, you know, in order to see how far he has fallen, Tom, we have to foresay that when he came out he was a fucking rocket ship.
Speaker 2: He there is no sport worldwide that has ever had any but you can say, okay, there's basketball at Jordan, there's and and honestly I hate you know not look call it. Let's leave all for the description of this, leave personalities and personal behavior out of it. Michael Jordan is probably the only one you can compare to what he did worldwide in the sense of the fucking rocket ship that he was. He was Michael fucking Jackson for a couple of years, like what the fuck? Like it didn't make natural sense, especially to Irish people who are sure you know yourself, like Katie Taylor. We we do our best and sure we will go back.
Speaker 4: And how many times have we seen like the end of the Sunday game and it's like, congratulations he won the other Ireland.
Speaker 2: How does the field have beat them?
Speaker 4: Oh? Well, now you know the windows with us, So it was not the ball bounced right for us. But McGregor was first and foremost an incredible fighter and secondly an incredible fucking mouthpiece.
Speaker 2: You should not could not shut this bass phenomenal like.
Speaker 4: Where and put those two together and you've got a you've got money.
Speaker 2: And I think had he been in anything else, it wouldn't have worked. The stars had aligne aligned, like the Sphinx was looking up the whole of the fucking Eiffel Tower. The Eiffel Tower was looking across at fucking Gobeckley Tepe Cobeckley Teppe was like every there was a vortex landed right on his head because it was a time when people were accepting of that kind of shouting and roar, and the marketeers that are the UFC owners with what the fun Dana White had a Paunchan for Irish because he's of Irish descent from Boston, and he wanted to promote him, but also for Teitos and give him a fucking Rolex this minute. Give him a Rolex and put a fucking nice car. He's on the doll, get him off the fucking door this minute, putting him in a nice suit, and tell him keep saying all that mad shit he's saying, because we're looking at the fucking the statistics here. Every time that fell of scratches his fucking leftne excuse me, there's money being made. Yeah, so whatever, do you know? What I mean, had he been he had the secrets us, he had the secret sauce. But he was also so lucky that there were people around him that went, we're going to make money off that lad, Yeah, we're not doing this shit because we like you, buddy.
Speaker 4: You know you got we look at you and fucking dollar stayn start spinning in our eyes and you know we're not going to McGregor doesn't deserve all that much of Tom and Jerry's time here. But what I have to say Tom, when he first came out, whether you like mix Marshal arts or not, you had to acknowledge that this was a world class talent, a world class athlete.
Speaker 2: It's been said by people that would know far more about martial arts and knows you're looking at Saint Pierre when he and these guys don't talk up at the fighters much because they go in their head they go, I'm the greatest that ever lived. But even he would have been, and he described him as a phenomenon, like a phenomenon. He was doing things with his body. His timing was it was the timing of a fucking razor, like he's out of control, and that's that's I think without completely, you know, saying bye bite to everybody. That's my gripe with fucking and it happens too often in combat sports. That happened to Mike Tyson. It happened to you know, so many of the other ones, like you, go through a fucking a whole listom where they let their fucking talent just fucking fall down into the toilet because they ran away with their own fucking ego. But it was his ego. You could argue it was his ego that sold him. But if if he couldn't, if he could, like you have somebody right now, right, there's a guy who's great to listen to a Liverpool. It's a Scouser lad called Paddy Pimla. Yes, but when they came to Paddy, I remember, I'll never forget it. A couple a couple of years ago they went to Paddy. He very honest in his interviews and now is conducting himself pride. He used to put on too much weight between fights, but he's now and again a GUYI they should have had the title fight two years ago, but because he wasn't selling all the tickets, Deck McGregor would They're like, oh, we'll let you tip away. He's fucking choking and knocking out everybody, but he's so like, like no party, and I like him. I think he's a good guy. And he came out with a thing. They said, what would you do with your econoor McGregor money? And he said something fucking phenomenal. He went, I put it this way, another fucking kid would never need a food bank in Liverpool ever again. Yeah, and you're like, okay, all right, there we go.
Speaker 4: That's and I gotta tell you we're not gonna linger on it too much longer, but I'm going to tell you r I ran about twenty thirteen when Connor McGregor started to make waves twenty fourteen, all of a sudden people knew who he was. You might remember, Tom that we were coming out of the fucking financial crash in two thousand and eight, two thousand and nine, try could coming in dividing the country up, you know, mass unemployment, emigration, this country, this nation was on its fucking hole, and what we could have really done right there and then was a world class athlete that would go out and we would be proud to see him walk around with his flag around our shoulders and we would cheer for him and we would be delighted.
Speaker 2: When he won. And you know what we got, Tom, We got another drunk paddy. Yeah unfortunately, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Another fucking drunk paddy. And we did not need one more of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah like that, I suppose with the vortex that aligned right at the time, he was our Italian ninety too, you know what I mean, like had you know, I mean it kills me that, you know, so many exaccolades have. I used to do a bit about this, kind of ripping him a small but but it didn't. It never really worked in Dublin. I don't know why. Never worked on the North Side. I don't know why. But it used to be about, you know how our greatest combat sportsperson is Katie Taylor. Yes, that's it, you know what I mean? It was it was and that was the line that used to kill the joke. But I see that kept telling that I didn't even fuck because then you it worked and it was funny, but it was just the comparative difference. But Katie Taylor never got because the problem with is, as you said, we needed a new Italian ninety. We like we needed a New Jackie's Army and right at the time, just it louds you know, if you will lose me going through it, Yeah, fair play, fair play to that. And then he swings the trolley through a bus window and we're like, okay, you gotta be carried away with that one. But you know, you know that's the character. You know, that's how he makes his money.
Speaker 4: And then he starts lamping their lads and pubs like yeah, you know, and then everything you hear every time he shows up on the news is like, oh fucking hell, Jesus Christy. Yeah, but by right, I mean, as you mentioned Katie Taylor. If you walk through the airport, there's a picture of Katie Taylor hanging out the window of a plane. It's not in the air or anything like that, but she's got a gold medal. She's flying home and and this has been like a picture that's up in Dublin Airport to this day.
Speaker 2: There's a sliding doors moment.
Speaker 4: Where Connor McGregor wasn't a total cunt and the Lately Toys Show is on and Patty Keithy's there like so I hear you like mma, Well, you can never guess who's here And he turns around there's McGregor with fucking hugs and fucking lollipops and in their toys and Temple Street.
Speaker 2: It wasn't there a moment where they're talking about putting him on a euro coin or something like that. Yeah, but at least one of the few times they go with the government. Oh absolutely not.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no no, you're not going to get Connor McGregor on the Tight Show. You're not gonna let him on the fucking premises.
Speaker 2: Why it's been filmed, They now not to glass over it. There is a chap Ian shadow, Gary Dublin man as well. He's taken. He's double barreled his name with his Brazilian wife a choice, lives in Brazil. And excuse me that teas Gonne downside was and but he himself, he talks, He talks a great game, but a highly intelligent man. I'd say he got more than one or two clips in the ear as a child when he was acting the Count. Just one or two more, do you know what I mean? He knows, he knows his talent, he knows his ability. He's a beautiful karate operator like you see him like really long range of guy, and he put it's not just expleters for the sake of spleeters that McGregor does. Now, McGregor was smart enough in his own right to be he was humored. I found him very funny at the beginning.
Speaker 4: I gotta tell you, I always loved that clip where somebody gets mouty with him on the podium and it's like, you know, yeah, you know, I should get a fighter, had a fight, and McGregor's replay, I'm sorry, it was just perfect.
Speaker 2: Oh it's perfect. The fuck is that? The fuck is that guy? And the poor fuckers hadn't really turned And in fairness, McGregor's been interviewed, I was secret, says not because I know who todds to Germany whatever his name is. Yeah, yeah, you know. At the same time, that's that's just that's how you deal with that. And your man had no reply to whatsoever.
Speaker 4: He had clearly never met a fucking mouth piece from Dublin before you and I know quite a few.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, here's the thing. McGregor didn't invent invent the game. He landed on day one and this is the time, this is a why I talk about him as if he was a big turning point, like things changed when you saw the likes of John Jones, a turning point on the sport where there are certain players that turn up, like Christnando Ronaldo Messi. They turn up and they change the sport. Where you go John alone back in the day, change the fucking sport, You're like, oh, right, so we can go this way now. He did that in a very strange way. Prior to this, I used to watch the UFC and there was a great guy, chaill Son, and he's still very funny, right, He's just he's w w as as anything, right, he was, you know, he was like Rick Flair of you know, he had great chat on the mic, like you know, but he they'd still all after the fights and prior to the fights they do, they would all wear tracksuits because they were just athletes. And McGregor changed that completely. And all he did was just copy what Chris new Bank had done before him, Ali had done before and he and he he had to admit it. He went, I didn't invent this, he goes. Christian Bank is one of the most impecantly dressed boxers that was ever out there, and he was a character. Now I think the man has gone a bit fucking mad. He's gotten into the character too deep. He's in, he's gone full, he's gone. But everybody all of a sudden started up with the You could see the quality of suits weren't quite there, and bit by bit they were wearing like their prompt suit and stuff. Before you know it, then they were all wearing sharp suits that were being sponsored by people like you know, crocodile skin, cowboy hats and stuff. But again for me, it was a big turning point, and he'd still sell tickets. He blew his fucking knee out of the weekend because he jumped around thinking he was twenty sixteen. Kind of mc gregor and Carmer kicked him right up into the bollocks for it. And that's probably the end of his career. In reality, it looks like Paddy Pimola is going to be the face of the organization after this. But such a killer to see a fellow with such talent and that was handed at all.
Speaker 4: We should we should have been sitting up on Saturday night to welcome his comeback and yeah and revel in his triumph, rather than spend Sunday morning, laughing our holes off at memes. Well, Tom, the UFC all eight signs of it.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: I think we we we definitely, we definitely did that justice. We couldn't fit it into any one given segment of the Tom and Jerry Shows. Thank you for the audience for following us on this deep dive. And boy, I'll tell you if ever there was a show that people would want to express an opinion on, it's this one.
Speaker 2: So oh yeah, we had a fucking shadow over there. Come at us, bros.
Speaker 4: In the comments over on Instagram, where you can follow the Tom and Jerry Show at Tom and Jerry Tom with a T, Jerry with a G. We'll find us on Instagram. I'm on Blue Sky at Jerry McBride. Tom's haunt of choice is back over on Instagram. Tom O'manonylui and that o'manny.
Speaker 2: No, there's no, it's just Tom o'mnony comedy. You'll find me if you Hey, if you look for the Tom and Jerry Show, don't even worry about me, Just look for the Tom and Jerry Show. You know what, Jerry's great at putting up bits and pieces. We did the bit last week where we cried, laughing poor Al Jerry. Well, I cried laughing poor Al Jerry's last We got a lot of comments on people very excited by that notion over and I put up a TikTok as well. People are very very happy with poor Al Jerry getting lost to the Japanese. It did very well.
Speaker 4: Tom, we must get a bit more video content up there. I know we've been saying that for one hundred episodes.
Speaker 2: But the thing is, if if if I would love to, I can't. I can't look at the fucking stale of this place time. I can't show people this. No yours is nice. Mine is a kid. But you know what, I don't think anybody gives a shit. I think people just like to see us, you know, that kind of way, and one of these days, and I hope you don't mind if they're from like seventy episodes ago. But I do have a whole back catalog. If I can sit down and tidy them up and square them up, God almighty God willing, I'll get them. I only had time time. Go ahead and hit subscribed. Whatever platform you're on, As Jerry said, you can leave comments there. You can leave comments over on Spotify. We really want to hear stuff we missed on this one or opinions on this one. There's loads of people we missed, like bas Rutin, who's a great, great character. There's you know, there's there's martial arts we missed, like there's one called Pancrest. You know, there's we miss the judo side of things. So there's so many avenues we could have gone down. We could have just extrapolated the first event where you know, lads were turned up with just one boxing glove and stuff where it's just the funniest shit every You're allowed to kick fellers in the head. Back in the day, you could fish hook inside their mouth, you could eye gouge, you could I don't know. I don't think you could bite. Maybe that was the one thing you couldn't do. But like you're going back to the legendary area guys that we definitely missed. Who's your favorite mind of all time? Was Big Country Royan Nelson. I like tank Abbot two, something about a fellow with a belly still able to scrap at the highest level. Jard There's something lovely about that.
Speaker 4: I'm looking forward to hearing everybody's opinions on this, But we let these fine people go down.
Speaker 2: What do you say about that. We'll be back with regular schedule programming next week. Well, let's go milk some culture. Good luck,