Speaker 1: Welcome back political panel time.
Speaker 2: You know how exciting that is Democratic strategist to meet across and Republican strategist Jesse.
Speaker 1: I'm Jesse, all right. We don't a lot of spend.
Speaker 2: A lot of time here analyzing photographs from like a magazine like like Guns and Ammo or something like that, or Outdoor World or whatever. But there's this picture posted this weekend. Marjorie Taylor Green, Tucker Carlson, Joe Kent, her new husband Brian. That is SA MTG's and Tom Massey talk about the movement. This is like the beginning of something big. Is this a rip on society stuff from Wisconsin? The formation something new and important in Republican world.
Speaker 3: I don't know, probably about as relevant as you know. A collection of never Trumper's coming together in the twenty sixteen aftermath of Trump getting elected. No, I see a lot of people who you know. Tucker Carlson said it quite well in an interview with The New York Times is Lulu Garcia Naborrow Not too long ago he got asked about economic policy, okay, and he said that the truth is the GOP establishment is wrong. Conservatives, traditional conservatives are wrong. We've got to do more like what the far left is offering. He gets asked about foreign policy, he says, the truth is Republicans and the GOP establishment are wrong. Conservatives have gotten wrong. We got to do more about like what the far left is offering. And then he gets asked about social and cultural issues and he says, honestly, all of that is just a distraction from what a raw deal Americans are getting on foreign and economic policy. And then it's like one plus one equals too, Like you're just a subversive, You're just a nihilist. You're just someone who's advocating for the exact same agenda as the hard left. You know, I'm still waiting to see Graham Plattner now that he's available in Maine. Maybe go on to his neighbor's show, Tucker Carlson at some point.
Speaker 1: A big show. Do you diagram all this?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I think that Tucker is onto something here. As somebody who's personally not Tucker fan, I think that Tucker is actually very smart and strategic. He recognizes what the polling numbers look like for Trump, he recognizes what the polling numbers look like for the Republican Party, and he also recognizes that this war is extremely unpopular in rid Stay's, Blue Stays, Purple States, and anywhere in between, and would like for Trump to get back to the things that got him a in the first place. I think that putting together this assemblance of other people who are not the same as never trumpers. Those individuals, I think jumped the cart before the horse a while ago and never got any real traction. This is a very different situation because they've waited for a specific moment. These are people who are hardline supporters of Donald Trump, not only through his first administration, but also through the majority of the second one until it started taking a very different toll and the American public started pushing back. They have a very interesting lane to lean into, and I think that this is going to be something that they're going to do throughout the rest.
Speaker 1: Of his term. Also want to update the audience on something.
Speaker 2: It was just announced this afternoon by the House Ethics Committee. It is going to recommend the House censure Representative Chuck Edwards. Why because the committee has decided, based on its investigation, that Edwards violated House rules related to sexual harassment and hostile workplaces.
Speaker 3: Jesse seems bad on its face, Yeah, it seems bad obviously. I mean there's more and more of this kind of behavior coming out about elected officials. We'll have to see what the details of the investigation bear out, but obviously this is more negative press that GOP members of Congress do not need heading into an election cycle that has already proven to be quite turbulent for them.
Speaker 4: I'm sure men will be their own undoing. Unfortunately, for many, there were no lessons taken from the Me Too movement, and we keep seeing more and more amplified behavior. I would argue that we have a president in the White House who has time and time again, even when faced with his own with his own behavioral issues when it comes to women's sexual abuse and sexual assault, has been somebody who continued to rise. So many people within his own party feel as though they will as well. Even though in this case we have not necessarily heard specific proven allegations of sexual assult or sexual abuse. What we do see as a very legitimate pattern of what is called love bombing by somebody who was in a position of power and who utilize that for a lot of people who were just getting started in their careers. It's objectable behavior. On its face, it also says something I think that should send shockwaves across multiple sides of the political aisle and spectrum. Young women should be allowed to enter into government fields, should be allowed to enter into social justice or other justice related activities without necessarily having to fall under the weight of men who cannot control themselves or their urges.
Speaker 1: What's at stake in Michigan tomorrow? Justice? From your perspective, well, a lot.
Speaker 3: This is my home state, so I'm obviously paying very close attention to it. Look, this is a clear sign about where the future of the Democratic Party is headed.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: You've got a sort of establishment, moderate, mainstream Democratic candidate in Haley Stevens. She's got all the advantages of the world in terms of financial support.
Speaker 2: And endorsements from popular state wide Democratic.
Speaker 3: Official, including the incumbent governor, who is quite popular in the state. And yet it seems more likely than not, if you believe most of the poland that's out there, she is poised to lose to a hard left insurgent candidate who has, in my opinion, campaigned with some pretty egregious characters like Hassan Piker, who has suggested that America deserve nine to eleven that Jews are inbred. And this candidate, Abdul al Said, is someone who struggled to condemn the Temple Israel near massacre. Well, when someone from Dearborn Heights via Lebanon nearly rammed an explosive laden truck into a Jewish preschool with one hundred and forty kids inside it a synagogue, and this is someone, in El Saiet's case, who said that it was a risk to condemn that attack in any way, shape or form. So there's clearly a temptation for more subversive, transgressive politics on the democratic side of the aisle, and I think that El Said is flirting with it, and he's likely to be rewarded.
Speaker 1: Missus stake in Michigan.
Speaker 4: From your perspective, there's a temptation for change. There is a temptation for thinking beyond obvious realities and making sure that you're addressing the calls of today and not reminding us of a yesteryear that we will never return to. What l Said has done, and he has done strongly, is showcase a path forward in healthcare, a path forward and education of affordability, a path forward and housing affordability. And he is speaking to a generation of people who want to see affordability not only as a platform issue, but want to move into what that actually looks like in real time and not have status quo politics. And unfortunately for his for his opponents, he is literally running a campaign that might have worked in twenty sixteen, possibly twenty fourteen, but damn sure does not work in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Six Let me Sha cross, just the arm. Thank you very much, appreciate