Speaker 1: Went back Baby season three and I said it would have last.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm George, Atha, thanks and I'm Nick and welcome to the Quick Hands Regulating Podcast. This is the part tell us what it is.
Speaker 3: It's the quick Hands podcast. The bull does used to be good, but that did not last. That's why George wished off the pethereseason now Gusts and Country first years the corner. We don't walk past Nicks. It have been in shambles since thirty six. Dragons haven't done no better. Twenty takes a clinch only teamlet's see success. This path is getting rich. The brokers keep on taking lots of times heading this. I call up and I'm asking NAUGHTI for some movies. It said that has to sit there for the Water's defeat Friday night. Food in needs tip. It's just to be complete. I'm off the bench when I see wats you running for the team, him playing the fl We only met with league getting tries every day time.
Speaker 2: We're killing every team.
Speaker 3: I'm super quickly with all these hands, I cast them on to the George Nick Tony after to the stage.
Speaker 2: Please Boom Weekends Rug Believe Podcast Welcome Back Guys, Season three, episode eighteen. That's episode one zero nine. George ten, welcome back, guys. Hey we made it again? To it another week? Nicola? How is you? I make I'll make ike long week, hard week week at work? I need to. We actually did record a podcast last week and there were technical issues with it being uploaded to apologies for that because that's literally where round twenty is. George, when's that in the can? Can lives closed? Now? Was that point releasing it now? But yeah? But yeah, unfortunately, how are you ten?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Good, really good? I am. It's actually not too cold up here. It's been I know it's like down there, but it's been raining a fair bit, like i'ves it's kind of making it a bit warmer. Like the other day it's like twenty degrees up there.
Speaker 1: To they go, okay, no we're not. We haven't got those numbers here down here too. Today was pretty the day was a bit warm because it was a bit overcast. I was a little bit warmer, but generally it's been it's been down to fifteen's and and night it's gone to single digits, eights and fives.
Speaker 4: Is everyone a bit sadder when it's colder in Sydney?
Speaker 1: I like, you know, you know what, We've still got sunny, crisp days team. So it's not like gloomy like Melbourne. It's yeah, probably So it's not terrible. I mean the nights get nights get cold, but it's like that, it's not terrible terrible.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was actually talking nick about it, but I'm recruiting a couple of roles because we recruit nationals, so I was recruiting a couple of full tech roles and plumbers and like with the team. I was talking to a guy this morning and he just sounded a bit sad.
Speaker 1: I was like, you're right, Sydney or Melbourne night Sydney, you know, And then.
Speaker 4: They kind of hear that. Every time I go to Sydney, people always know I'm from Queensland. I'm hopefully friendly.
Speaker 1: The Queensland thing was billy to say, little bit Queenslander. Yeah, you guys been watching a bit of a sport outside of rugby league boxing?
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean we watched the Poor Gun I mean you watched it, right, I've got the Poor Gun fight last Wednesday night. They go, yeah it look, you know they hadn't neither one of them study your Williams and Paul Gallant. Neither one of them had fought in three years, so you know they're a bit rusty. Sunny landed much cleaner shots. He had a much cleaner style Gallant. Gallen pushes forward, he comes forward, that's his style, and he goes to the body of lot. So he landed a lot more and you got win on a split points decision. I thought it was probably a bit closer and a tough one to call. Sunny landed some great then three great uppercuts in round two, and then you didn't throw them anymore? Are you? He stopped throwing them. That was odd because when you when you spot a weakness, you chase it, you know. So it was entertaining. I mean, seventy bucks much. Yeah, and I didn't watch the undercard because we were recording, which I don't know. I didn't watch it. Anthony mondne Son was one of them, but I didn't bother to go back and watch it. It wasn't really interested. But I enjoyed the main event and went the distance eight rounds, two minute rounds, short rounds. So did you end up watching it? No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did, and I just want to.
Speaker 2: So I was going for Gallan. I was going for Gallon, she was going for Sonny for Salevill Williams, and I don't know. At one point you just stopped texting me. I didn't he so I figured.
Speaker 4: There was Tim Zoo, which was I think a surprise to everyone. I was saying before we got on the potty, and like he got hurt in around two and then just tacked out at eight. And there's lots of controversy around all the fights, like even the Mani Pac one and the Gallon one. Many pack Yard didn't win, So that's that's disappointing, but lots of split decisions.
Speaker 2: I'm not a fan. I'm so glad when I know that you said that.
Speaker 4: I think I think it's more you know, for me, Like you know, my mum's from the Philippines, and yeah, he represents the Philippines. Yeah, but getting out of a terrible environment.
Speaker 2: But I told you you need to do your homework on Floyd Mayweather. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I got this lecture last week because Floyd went George is very outwardly very shall we.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know he had six or seven siblings, grew up in a one bedroom in Great and Rapids, Michigan. They had nothing. His mother was a heroin addict. His dad went to jail for dealing drugs. A genuine hard noch oh mate, Yeah yeah, what he what he did was what he's done. Is the man packards the same. A lot of these guys, you know, Tyson like arrested thirteen times before he was thirteen.
Speaker 4: You know, a lot of these guys don't get into boxing unless they have some sort of life. That's a very general, broad sweeping statement. But usually find that. I guess you find it in most sports, right, but I find boxing just not. It's a bit sloppy.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I'll tell you what really surprised me, and it's easy for me to sit here and talk about it. But I think Tim Zu's career is over because what he did. And you guys might not know what I'm talking about, but a lot of our listeners will. No mass. Do you know what no mass is? Roberto Due and Sugar at Leonard, I'm not a boxing man. When DuRane won the first fight Sugar and his first ever lost and in the rematch, Roberta DuRane normas no more. He quit. It's man. Looking up his documentaries on everything and that's what Tims you did. The referee went to his corner and around and he said, he said, do you want to go on? He said no, And like again, it's easy to say sitting here, but when you're in that situation, you'd go out and lose before you quit. He just quit.
Speaker 4: Did you see Nick? How they were kind of saying that Anthony Mundine overshadowed his son's fight by saying, Danny Green's kid will be coming along nicely soon.
Speaker 2: It's not when they talk about Anthony Mundine's dad like he was a great boxer or something. I mean, his nickname was Canvas Back. They used to put advertisements on the bottom of his shoes. Seriously, anyway, this isn't a boxing show and talking about I know you guys watched the bit so two bullfairs got in the ring and I paid seventy bucks to watch it. But running out of stuff to watch boxing is dead now, you know. We grew up on it. I'm not a big MMA guy. I was in the early days, Like I've actually got videotapes of the UFC when it was before it was UFC, like from ninety two to ninety three that I used to buy from from the markets. You know. It was almost being like Ken Shamrock, Dan Saverne, those guys you know, from the very very early days, and I followed it up until the tit or Teas, you know, Chuck Ladell, you know, all those guys, and then yeah, I kind of lost track after that. It just take the wrestling out of it, and I'll watch it, But when they go to the mat and spend five minutes hugging each other, it just gets boring.
Speaker 4: I think. I always because Corey used to study and teach kung fu, and I grew up on you know, Bruce like gently like all those got Jackie Chan, like I grew up martial arts. So I and for so many reasons spiritually, you know, philosophically, like just the you know state of flow that kind. I love martial arts. So when I say it's messy, because I've seen live boxing fights, gone to charity events and stuff, and the audience is.
Speaker 2: Just you know, when I was, when I was thirteen forty, my other brother in law, who you haven't met, Andy and you probably meet him soon. One night here him, I said to him, I said to him, because he used to come over every night when him and Luisa were just dating and I said, I want to start doing karate or something, so me and Tony Cavalaro, he started taking us too. We looked back in those days, you looked it up in the local paper. And he started taking us to local taekwondo, keto, keto, yokuchin and I didn't like any of them. I didn't like any because this is not fighting, man, this is dancing. It's ballet. And when when when I saw mutai, which is kick boxing, tie boxing with elbows and knees, So this is it, this is it. And then I spent eight or nine years doing it. Brutal, brutal, but that's fight. Like you get into a nightclub. You haven't got room to say, stand back. You've got to fight at two three four inches apart, right, And that's what boxing is, you know, And then the elbows and these come in it.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I think I find that interesting because, like I was reading, because they like in kung fu, they obviously have like you know, masters and BJJ of your professors and that kind of stuff. In this style that Corey does or did, it's a specific type of stance and it's actually designed when you're fighting in tunnel. So it's a really old so everything's very close movement versus like you see, you know extends.
Speaker 2: I just want, like with Taekwon day, you've got the kata and all that. You know, this is at that age you're not into the spiritual aspect of it. Yeah, you want pragmatic, you want to be able to fight.
Speaker 4: I think I just like you know historical stuff, like how in China they pretty much cut any form of martial arts. It was only a special group militia team that I only knew kung through, so they had to teach all the come through and passed down through generations in secret. Like it's it's pritty cool. I'll give you a book that I was reading. It's amazing to read about.
Speaker 2: Anyway, later on we'll cover Banglad. There's tournament right now. We should probably get back to footy, right. Your blogs are intense when it comes to this stuff. I didn't realize too. I didn't realize. Okay, I'll just say this, Do you know Dean Dean listens to the pod When you spoke to Dean the other nighttown on the phone when we went out for my birthday, when Mike Tyson lost the buglet Buster Douglas and we did school, were too depressed at the school on the Monday. Yeah, that's true fun. So let's get into George. What's the good thing of the week? The good thing of the week. That's a very good question.
Speaker 1: I was watching it R or W game actually it was the Eels and the Raiders last week, and on the sideline, Zach was I think, happened to be walking like around around the stadium, okay, because it was before their game, and he saw a young a young lady in consolvabily crying, just crying, and he stopped, and the cameras happened to be on him, stopped, and he started talking to her and you know, I mean dried her eyes. And he was there for at least, you know, maybe five minutes, you know, talking to her, stopping to talking. And I thought that was nice because he could have walked straight past over. So for Zach to see a young a young young girl, she might have been twelve crying and stop, it just it shows it shows his character. And I bring these type of humane stories up because Arthur started bringing like these personal stories and when I saw it, we don't.
Speaker 2: See enough of it. They don't they don't write it in print media. Well no one, No negative stuff gets headlined, so no one you like that know about it. I just have to see. Then my eye told me Lomax was crying after the game or something. Which one is that what you're talking about? A young girl? Okay, a young girl was crying. I just said, it's because he realized he's playing for Parrot. But it must have been a different story. I was. I was happy.
Speaker 1: Uh wasn't teaching how to kick goals? You know it was two weeks ago anyway. No, So that that's that's my that's the good thing of the week. I want to put Zach up for for, you know, just consoling a young girl.
Speaker 2: And and what's has been this week. You're not gonna like it. You're not gonna like it. And I don't want to drag this, but it comes up at the same time every year, this whole we can't pick an Australian team because they haven't decided whether they want to play for Samara or not. Yeah, I hate it with this. You be no tears. The should all be one teer in rugby league. And guess what if you want to play for Sama, play for Sama, be not eligible for state of origin. But the period for the Australians, well not if they're playing for Sama, Well are you Australian or are you got to pick one? But they're born here, well pick one or then they should be playing for Australia. This whole thing started because a bunch of these idiots weren't good enough to make the Kangaroos. They so they decided to become everything else. Maybe right.
Speaker 1: You know what if you if you if you look at the big picture, then I all won't change the tiering system because if you look at the big picture they're doing and then I was doing the right thing. Because if you want Australia winning fifty mil every every year and decimate the world, I'll.
Speaker 2: Give you the big picture. I'll give you two player names, and I know you're both fans of both of them. Tell me if these guys were made for Origin or Sunny Bill Williams Jerebia Hargreave. Yeah, of course? What Why isn't that okay for New Zealanders to play Origin? But it takes care for some moments to play Origin. Absolutely that the ranks are one the.
Speaker 4: First team behind that is it more money?
Speaker 2: Of course they want to make it more competitive, right, soas half of the half of the thirty players who played origin and playing, so it goes, it goes.
Speaker 1: It goes back to grassroots and infrastructure in the actual country. So if your if your heritage is if you let's say, if your father's Greek and I want to play for I want to play for the Greek national team, I can play for the Greek national team. But because I was born in Australia, I can play so of origin.
Speaker 5: Unless does that You've got to pick one and that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, look, you know what I mean. I got foot in both camps because I want the international game and it's got to grow, so we can get more people playing and bring people.
Speaker 2: To the NRAL to grow a game that not a lot of countries play. AFL won't grow. But they're manipulating, you know what I mean. Not not that I was ever even good enough to play for the local team, but I couldn't play soccer for Italy even though both of my parents were born there because I don't have an Italian passport.
Speaker 4: But the other thing too, like who was it that played is half marry, half Indigenous, and the last game he played.
Speaker 2: They've all pertained like Junior Paulo, so many of them have already represented both.
Speaker 4: That's what I mean. I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I agree when I was, when I was growing up, State of Origin and you know, you know this, you know what I'm going to say. State of Origin was a selection trial for the Kangaroos team, right, That's what it was. It was a trial series to pick the Kangaroo's team for the tests that were coming up. Now now most of those players aren't even representing Australia. It's pathetic. Again, that's my opinion. That's just one man's opinion. No, I get it. I get it.
Speaker 1: I understand what because most people say what you say, most people don't irritate that what you say. I can see both. I can understand what the land is saying for the big picture and expanding.
Speaker 2: The game and all those things.
Speaker 1: And I get that it's no more, it's no more a trial to play for Australia, and it's the jewel in the in the crown. The stay of Origin is the jewel in the crowd. You take that away and there's nothing there. Trust me when it comes to revenue, when it comes to everything. Also they've got to protect that with their life.
Speaker 2: Which is fine, right, but keep the prestige there, then keep keep the integrity of it, you know what I mean. Like, so now we've got players who are apparently they're not Australian anymore playing State of Vigin, but but New Zealanders cut or Victor Raveny. This tear is just bullshit. It's this tearing system is an absolute load of hog ship. If two teams are playing each other on the same field for the same trophy, it's not teared making. They're at the same level. I agree making, I agree making might as well. Sorry, I get a little bit passionate.
Speaker 1: I understand it because after me things the way you think, and after me have have discussions. We've we've had we started one at six o'clock in the morning in the afternoon and finished six o'clock the other morning about this thing, and we got top, we sleep and all the rest. And I understand. So that's what I mean. I understand, I get it. But in the big picture, because we have got limited, limited amount of players, this is the best option for for everything. So like I said, we're going. We're going to England and there will be a competitive game.
Speaker 2: Mitchell Moses can play for Lebanon, but you can play for Australia as well. Any Southwest play for Your son played for Australia last year. He played for Lebanon, what two years earlier than that. That's pathetic. So if I don't make one country, I'll go and represent another. Where's the integrity? But that makes that the idea is to make we don't need strong, we don't need Lebanon, but we don't need tongue or some are no, no, we need to Well, you know, I grew up watching Australia versus Great Britain and I'm telling you what. They were awesome clashes.
Speaker 1: And it will be awesome again at the end of the year as well, because I think you can pick fifteen players from England and there'll be a strong, strong team. But the small tongue, all the Pacific islands we're talking talking about, and.
Speaker 2: Then you know what I reckon, They should make it like the West Indies, pick one Irelander Polynesian team like the West Indies is a combination of everyone Pacific and I like, I love the Pacific idea. I love the Pacific idea so.
Speaker 4: Back, but the Saudi Arabian League three six is going to just shake it up.
Speaker 2: Well I was going to talk about that. Yeah, it is going to like we.
Speaker 4: Can talk about it, but it's kind of defeats the purpose.
Speaker 2: I won't be watching any Saudi Arabian anything. It will be rugby anyway, so we won't watching it.
Speaker 4: But well, if it's an off season, I'm going to be watching it.
Speaker 1: It's not going to be off season too, it won't be off season unfortunately.
Speaker 2: What's soccer? So let's go in the controversy corner with the Rabbit as Alex Johnson has extended for two years with the Bunnies. Oh really right, So he's a really good chance of breaking kenov Ones all time tries to going to record, he'll break it. Yeah, have to go.
Speaker 1: So he probably won't do it this year, I'd say, because it runs a little bit hard and he's playing full back.
Speaker 2: It's got two years. Oh, he'll do it early next year. He'll do it early next year.
Speaker 1: And it's something that I thought will never be broken, and we spoke about we spoke about before because Ken Irvine was an elite player and an Australian player. It's it's amazing that Johnson can can break a record not being well arguably not being an elite player. So we haven't seen, we haven't seen where Actually he's he's a Fiji international, but he's international, but he hasn't worn the blue of your so far was the green of Australia.
Speaker 2: So that reminds me of Nathan Blacklock back in the day. He couldn't get a guernsey for the for the Blues and he was three years in a row something leading tryscor in l yeah, or before it was NRL or actually around that time.
Speaker 1: It's strange some some some coaches just have a certain way of a certain style of playing.
Speaker 2: Still, it's a good story because you don't want to see a player that get pushed out of I love it. Into that club, I love it, And I thought they were going to move him on. But I'm I'm I'm glad because he's thirty years old. Now I'm glad he's got two more years. Well have you heard the rumors about Shibasaki maybe being on the outer at the Broncos? Fox Sports wrote about it today? Really, yeah, what are they saying up there just that there's no guarantee of Oh sorry, I'm referring to the article just at his no guarantee of being there.
Speaker 1: You know what, The cap must be getting pretty squeezy now at the Broncos. And I know they've got lots of good third parties, lots of good third parties out there, but still even.
Speaker 2: The reborn origin starf facing being squeezed out of the Broncos due to a salary cap squeeze. As clubs line up for his services. Broncos are keen to keep him on their books, but are struggling to fit him into the salary cap after resigning a number of stars on long term deals. His manager, who I'm not sure who it is, has been inundated with interest of course, So yeah, I'm interesting to see how that plays out. Brian Madison's has also been released on loan to the Super League to go he's already gone, which but I think he's on I think he's on loan though. Okay, it's interesting because I don't know if it.
Speaker 4: Was a it's a controversy thing, but did you guys see the thing about does Hazler like blowing up and getting the players out.
Speaker 2: Of their shouts after the actually actually feel sorry for for the in Warrington.
Speaker 5: George, you get at Warrington. Yeah, just for the rest of the season. Okay, so it's still contracted fixt year with paramounts.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Warrington Warrington. Warrington is a big Sam's team and they're not doing too well. They're sort of missing the beatle bit but hopefully.
Speaker 2: And Bryce cart Bryce Cartwright was let go to play Ron Massy playing message he's still got he's still a good enough player to play. I think he wants to sort of try to get back to.
Speaker 1: Penrith. I've got this because he's gone to his old junior club. So he's going it's funny, what did you ask me to?
Speaker 4: Sorry? I think it was a long time coming and it should have probably happened like ten rounds ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you're really unlucky.
Speaker 1: They were unlucky. But in terms of Dessy and we all know, and I'll pull my hand up that I'm a deasy fan. But you know what, Daisy, run away because you don't need at this age, you don't need that aggravation.
Speaker 2: They're just the club. Remember when he ripped the door off the Hinges.
Speaker 1: The club up there, it's rotten. The players are rotten up there. They don't know what hard work is. If they got surrounded and they had obviously some lo the Bulldogs are two years ago. We'll see how which one who would last? You know what I mean? So you know what, just go there please. I mean, I know you probably won't get another job, but you've done enough, Daisy. I mean, you're in your late sixties days and he's mid to late sixty.
Speaker 2: I think it's about sixty issues. Isn't he a bit more? A bit more than that? Surely? I mean when did he retire? He was playing with it was playing with Langmak and him wasn't he won the Grand Fire with mainly in eighty seven he was the halfback. Okay, maybe he's not, maybe he's not.
Speaker 4: And then and then obviously the other controversy was old mates elbow to the face. I don't know if we're going to talk about that.
Speaker 2: There was yeah, you know what you're talking about. Solomona Nelson for Solomona Zach Lomax did exact same thing in state of Origin. He wasn't penalized for it. How did they get away with that ship. And I mean, I'm glad that he wasn't obviously, but he should have been. Okay, yeah, look how many weeks did he get? Two weeks?
Speaker 1: Yes, two weeks, Okay, yeah, Look, it's funny. It's the inconsistency rex of reris of. I don't know what it recks, but he doesn't read it is it is a It is a style that they all teams, all teams do to get up, like swing the shoulder backs. Look, he was not doing it on purpose.
Speaker 2: He wasn't.
Speaker 1: He didn't do it on purpose. It just happened to his elbow connected with someone's head.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. I'm really not sure about.
Speaker 4: It was pretty obvious, but because Manny was watching it, he was like, oh, that's terrible, Megan, and I will, well, if you go back even ten years ago, like that was pretty uncommon if we didn't get elbow in the face during a game, you know what I mean. I think the general consensus over the last round from what I've been reading, is just fans like we were last week and hopefully we can get that episode. But we've been like this in previous ones, just generally frustrated with the inconsistency.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, definitely they won't they won't do it.
Speaker 1: But the riff wee's have got too much on their on their plates.
Speaker 2: You know. Well, I'm sick of the excuses, and we'll get into this when we cover the I've got a couple of things I want to say on that when we when we get a bit further in the NRL. Have back the referees, cause in the two calls for the Dragons against the Bulldogs, I thought that, I mean, which maybe the first one was contentious, the second one definitely not.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that that played the ball, I don't Yeah, okay, so fifty fifty.
Speaker 2: Well you know what he did, like, I mean, it was just trying, was just standing up. Yeah. But he did have his hand on crass back. I mean, I'm kind of easy. Yeah. But the second one was tip on. It wasn't a knock on. It wasn't it tipped it on. Yeah, So I think Flannel was just a little bit of I look, he.
Speaker 1: Was upset because that was a better team on the night. There's no doubt that was a better team on the night over the eighty minutes. So he needed two points pretty badly. So yeah, of course he's he's he got upset. But I got a I got a better idea for flannel. Just make sure your winger doesn't come in and exactly hold his line and make his tackles in it. You know, just the simple holding hold your line. There is no reason, no reason for Sloan to to rush in. Then then when you when Sloan rushed in, well, Galvin had one option make.
Speaker 2: It really easy to became easy for him.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if he held, if he held his shape, well, then Galvin actually had to play ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll never know. One other thing I'd like to add is that I watched in three sixty yesterday because Gordon Tallas wasn't they should get that Dane what's his name all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I look, I don't watch three sixty or Door watch any of those magazines.
Speaker 2: I loved tell Us as a player. Yeah, of course when he was playing Saint George used to see him and Nathan Brown together a lot out of the roundabout of Hearstville.
Speaker 7: Okay, but ricking machine absolutely, But as but three sixty he's I mean, first of all, he's boring, but he's so he argues like a school kid, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, you can't mention Kevin Walters because it's one of his close mate. He's just he's just like he argues like a kid in the school playground. Dude, just shut up. And he's given me a why.
Speaker 4: To him, it's just cantankerous.
Speaker 2: And I've never heard that word before.
Speaker 1: What does that mean to someone who dropped out a new turn to me? What does that mean?
Speaker 4: This is a cranky, cranky man that has an opinion that is his own.
Speaker 5: He doesn't offer everyone. He just argues like a school He doesn't offer too much. Yeah, there's an old saying. You can't argue with the buffet because it's always right. You can't argue with someone who's always right. Yeah, Jesus is a good player.
Speaker 1: Jes look like I liked him as a player. I liked him as as a coach. Look maybe maybe maybe things are beyond him, but he has his team. He's not responding to him. I can carry to you there, you're not responding.
Speaker 4: But also like he's a coach. He's not the coache. He's a coaching.
Speaker 2: It's just will know he's going to go, Will know he's going to get sacked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and also, so why would they be buying from the team. It's like when the Dolphins dipped after Bennett after being there for a year and a half, was like, hey, I'm going to the rabbit Os, like we saw the end of their season. Like that's not very inspiring. It's like, why should I try for you if you're going to leave?
Speaker 2: You know. At the same time, they're full time professionals who get paid a lot of money, and you should be able to hit a certain level. That's the other regardless, you know, Yeah, I agree, I agree, I don't know. Again, easy to say sitting here.
Speaker 1: Well gold Look, if you're talking Gold Coast, I'm going to put them in the two hard basket.
Speaker 2: I've got no I'm relying on them to get the experiences that we know. Oh no, they're specials. They're specials. There's specials, Nicola. We've got anything else for controversy corner? Nothing? All right, Well, I'd like to do a shout out. Yeah, the lovely and beautiful Jojo who's listening to the pod now, she's she's catching a rugulag bug thanks to me. She's a Victorian, so she's she's not what rugby league before, but now she actually googles the score when a mat of players and consoles me every time they lose. So that's every weekend and she's a bit of a regular listener now. So we're glad to have you on board. Jojo jojoh.
Speaker 4: Someone said to Cuda, you're a mad league fan or you just get roped in, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, oh, the rule, rape the rule, whatever works, do, whatever works.
Speaker 4: Joy that league is better than the NFL.
Speaker 2: Let's move into the round. That was or was it around twenty So the Dolphins opened up with another big performance, forty three points to twenty four over the hapless Cowboys. I didn't see a couple of games this weekend. This was one that I didn't see, but that doesn't surprise me.
Speaker 4: So close I want to see the Dolphins crack the sixty this year.
Speaker 2: Have they done? Ye? Have done? They came close? They've got fifty four eight Yeah yeah, wow. They actually beautiful to watch. What what did? What did you get out of this one day? Up there?
Speaker 4: Always like Hamma, It was brilliant and it was funny because like me, McGahan Cray have like a you know, just like the NRL tipping comp thing that every runs in and the boys will be like, and even when I talk to you, guys are like, oh, you know, who's your tip kind of thing. And they were a bit confused because like do we go Dolphins Cowboys? And like obviously Dolphins because they're mini Broncos. And it's so enjoyable watching it with the boys like and and Manny like he I'll get him on one day and even the listeners will be like, wow, he probably knows more than we do from perspective. But it was just like Hammer's amazing, like asuck is you for a try? Like they just they came out because who did they lose to last week?
Speaker 2: Last week? Carnela?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, And I that that game. I was like, look, they like Carnela didn't win, Like, in my opinion, I don't feel like that that was a fairly even contest with all the guys that are out. But it was nice to see the Dolphins kind of come back with the injuries they have got stuck out for the rest of the year. And how much just makes did you watch this Georgia makes He just makes it look so smooth and he's always smiling when he knows he's about to put the ball down.
Speaker 1: Well two, you set out there, there's nine regular first graders out from his team, so that's that's nearly nearly a team. So for them to do what they're doing is quite extraordinary. Really use anything six and they're not winning six out around Yeah, so yeah, look.
Speaker 2: Well now they lost the fallback too, and that's seven now yeah, yeah, Well the Dolphins have got going out, which again is extraordinary. I love they're performing, is that they're performing somehow. The Christian Wolf Man, he's got Christian wolf We don't know much about him. We're not talking much about him at either, right and we should we should be.
Speaker 1: We should be because he's he's a he's a coach who who's paid his dues. He has done his time in assistant roles in Australia. And let's not forget the Super League, Super League. Make no mistake, the three of the three from Saint Helen's now he got him. He got him there because when he got him, they weren't in the on the bottom part of the semi finals.
Speaker 2: They are now.
Speaker 1: So let's give him some credit. And we see this is a team and what happens to a team when Wayne Bennett leaves, they usually crash out.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you it's not fair to judge because they've had horror. I mean from what I'm about the say, it's not fair to judge. But in hindsight, I'm glad that we missed out on Bennett and got Ralphs. I'm looking forward now. No, he's been. He's been a revelation. And that's not that's not a no criticism, no, no, no, no. They've had more injuries and he's been.
Speaker 1: He's been a revelation. But the key players this is this Dolphin teams. I think Jake Averello at number six is an inspired move. And I'll tell you what. As the year goes on and he performs like this and he gets a combination with Katala, he won't he won't get moved.
Speaker 2: He won't get moved. He's he's that good.
Speaker 1: Allo is so good and not And like I said, when I saw him as a young man, can he killed me when he when he left killed me, killed killed me.
Speaker 2: I knew he was going to Dolphins.
Speaker 4: The Dolphins story is so good right for so many reasons. And he's just and Nick knows what I'm like. At some point I'm going to because I'm in the process of writing my second book, but at some point I'm going to get into which I'm already trying to make my way in there to be either here or someone in the Dolphins for because the next books around business and building teams and things like that. But they've got that thing that I always that I'm just if you could bottle that, that's synergy, that amazing leadership. You know what Monster was for the game, like that thing. I've got that, and you guys know, But I don't feel like anyone else realizes what a threat they are in the calm.
Speaker 2: Absolutely if they make the AID. If they make the aid.
Speaker 1: Too well absolutely long term oh no, no, no, long term and what they've got underneath is mind boggling. So no, no, there what you call them mini Broncos, I agree, I agree many Broncos. This is the team to fit and they've made it.
Speaker 4: On their own. I think Bennett Going was really good.
Speaker 2: At the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ninth and and I'm not sure about their own home. But I wouldn't be surprised if they do make the aid and course some case, some problems when you've got someone like Isaia Kataa in in this game, he was he was amazing in a different way. Let me touch a little bit on the Broncos. I'm going to say the pathetic. And why do I say the apathetic? The Cowboys? Sorry the Cowboys, the pathetic? Sorry, God, I thank you. They were pretty bad. And when I say that pretty bad, there's spacings in defense was were terrible. There were holes everywhere. Isaiah always must have lit up. He goes, this is this is, this is my paradise.
Speaker 2: Look at all the holes everywhere.
Speaker 8: And it was putting everybody through holes. You know what, we've ball in hand. They're okay when it comes to tackling. They just don't want no part of it. And and I'm not going to dwell on dwell on the Cowboys. And I don't even know if it's a coaching thing. I really don't.
Speaker 2: And some of the older guys I think, is Tamala coming back soon? Maybe? Maybe?
Speaker 4: Exactly you probably said Broncos because to us jumping on tonight.
Speaker 2: We were talking talking Bronx. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was saying, you know, they're like the Broncos last year, like all talent like you've got Talungey drink.
Speaker 2: Just think Tom, Tom didn't them.
Speaker 4: You've got all these brilliant guys. But then there's some there's that thing that's missing, that the.
Speaker 2: Dolphins have something missing. There's something's missing. And again, I'll say it again, I'm not even sure if it's coaching to I'm really not sure. I know what it is. I've seen it with my team. I've told you before. It's that that crucial forty minutes before and after halftime.
Speaker 1: So look, Cowboys were terrible and the Fins they just they just keep on impressing me. If Herbie Farm Farm work with ball in hand is the most damaging ball runner in the game. At Cenna, you said about the hammer he's when he runs, it's elegant, it's beautiful. It's like a gazelle. It's like a gazelle. You know.
Speaker 4: There's so much love between them.
Speaker 1: Absolutely that that was That's the word I got from a convert from an interview I heard from a young Katoa on s CN that they're so they're so tight. I want to give another shout out to Kurt Dona, who now I don't.
Speaker 2: Even think he's a lock.
Speaker 1: I think he's a hooker, but because of the thing in the in the fours, they just like him a lot.
Speaker 2: And let me tell you, guys, the guy's a maniac. How many tackles does he do a game? Does he do? Forty five? Fifty tackles? Tea?
Speaker 1: You know what, he wasn't meant to debut this ship. You know that he wasn't meant to be a first grader this year. But how you going to get him out?
Speaker 4: I was actually reading because obviously I've got and then Elise, so Isaiah is the brother of but the Katoa in Storm is not related at all to them, because I was sitting as Corey and I was like, can you imagine the kind of greatness in that family? Just even with those two guys anyway, but if they were all related, like that's just because I was thinking, you know, Katoa and the biggest panels, the little one will get confused and he's like, wait, he plays for Storm and we're like, no different one. But imagine just like what that growing up? Like? Well what would it be like? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: My brothers tell you there's a famous SD ball team which Katole was seven. That's why Lecky was in the centers. They told me the names, and it's like it's like the Penriff and the you know all these players you know more And apparently they didn't lose the game.
Speaker 2: They didn't. They didn't. They didn't lose under forty points a year, so to see.
Speaker 4: But No k was brilliant, like Asarco always like he was off. He did five out of seven compresions but hit the penalty goals. But he was pretty tired.
Speaker 1: Look, I'll say it again, the fin's going from strength to strength.
Speaker 2: Nicola.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see him again play because I just love watching him play. I actually love watching their patterns play. And there's and people think it's we're throwing the ball for good luck. No, it's a pattern. It's it's a one hundred pattern. And the Cowboys, I look at the list and I get excited and I watch them play and I go the same old rubbish they're going to dish up to.
Speaker 2: So let's move on. Let's move on, let's move on, let's move on the Shark. He is back in the winning circle. They won last week as well, but bety one points to eighteen over the Chookies. What a game. I got in trouble for saying something about the Roosters last week to a few of my friends really and and them, and I said, what do you get when you go to a Roosters game? You know what I said? A bunch of cocks watching a bunch of cocks. I love it. I love it.
Speaker 1: The Coronela Sharks n a couple of weeks ago had a brutal It was a by round and by around and they had apparently they had a brutal, honestly session. Since that since that day, since that training session, what I believe, everything's changed. They look a million dollars. They look fantastic. Young young Blake Brailey is shooting out of dummy half really straight straighting the making heaps of meters. Then all of a sudden, Nico looks like the Nico with the gold medal around his neck the last three or four matches. And I hope he keeps it up because you know that I've got a sou for Nico. Adam Phenol. Blake is just charging back in the middle and they're just clicking it just it's just working so well.
Speaker 2: This team.
Speaker 1: They're looking like a top four team, which are not in the top four team. In the top four team.
Speaker 4: One of you guys were saying last year that the Sharks get one of the best draws.
Speaker 1: The last three years in a row because because Eddinghusen does the whole drule.
Speaker 4: Because I was explaining it to Manny because Money was looking at it, and he's like, because you know at the end of the game, how they show the next couple of games they pay. I was like, look at because I said the term before and then the games showed up and I was like, see. I was like, look at that. I was like, you don't think that they're not going to win.
Speaker 2: I think the first year in the last four where they haven't had busiest strong They're.
Speaker 1: Run, they're running. They play at the bottom outside the eight teams. Yeah, so they're going to make They're going to make the aid anyway, and how high up I'm not sure, but they're going to make the aid. But the thing is that they're running into some really good form maybe for once in the last four years their time.
Speaker 2: They run and they have one hit four they've won one finals match in three seasons. Yeah, exactly last year. Yea, So maybe maybe this is maybe, yeah, maybe this is different, and we're waiting to see. We're waiting to see look into of the roosters. They had.
Speaker 1: They had a bad hair day. They really had a bad hair day. One of two his favorite players, Teddy for him. It was a bad game. He did score a try, but the amount of drop walls, the amount of mistackles from all this team, the Chad looked. Chad had a good a good career. But it's time for him to go and raise kids because he's not a first grader. He's not a first grader. And I don't even like his podcasts actually, but it's time now, it's time threw a grandma after roof something like that. Sam Walker. I'm a fan of Sam Walker. But Sam Walker hasn't played for a while, and his first instinct to go wide, not straight, So he goes white. He crowds everybody up, and he just throws sometimes these passes which cramp people up and sell hospital passes.
Speaker 2: He'll get better. As the sex Week's whispers that his dad and uncle would be in line to take over the Titan roll. You know they're co coaching.
Speaker 4: And they probably find out.
Speaker 2: And they want a co coaching gig. They've applied for several Okay, yes, there's whispers about the gold Coast. Yeah, look just quietly.
Speaker 1: You know what, the gold Coasts have tried nearly nothing else, and you never know, you might even get Sammy in the in the deal. Yeah, So, all I can say about the Rousters it was it was an uncorre characteristic poor performance. Any team that misses forty five tackles shouldn't win the game anyway, And Carnella were just white hot and I can't wait to see him play again. I'm not sure if the russ got a horrid run. I'm not sure if the Rusters going are going to make the eighth this year. But let me tell you, compared to what we thought at the start of the year, whatever happens from now and on, because they've discovered so many good youngsters, they're they're doing well.
Speaker 4: Yeah next year.
Speaker 2: An interesting story on the Roosters, And you guys might have may already know this, but I was. I was doing some reading up in the week on the whole Isaac Moses team. You know, he was suspended twice and he was brought back right suspended along with the other well known manager as well. For get his name now, but they were just they was slap on the wrist things. But you know, the second time he was brought back, it was actually Nick Poliitis who got him reinstated. You know why he wanted to play, He wanted yeah, everybody. But then the reason he doesn't talk to him now because he snaked him, well, because he did a deal with so to get a union. So when it's self serving, it's okay, right, that's what and that's what, and that's what I say.
Speaker 1: I don't get angry when when the Gallvan thing happens or when because teams moved players on remember Gus moved twelve two years ago.
Speaker 2: Teams moved players as.
Speaker 1: Much as four or five year Yeah, so I don't you know, it's just the way it is.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I thought i'd throw that in. You can see it on YouTube. There's a half an hour interesting doctor on Isaac moses that someone's put up Check it out.
Speaker 4: Tell you about that.
Speaker 2: Check it out if you haven't. It's really interesting. Panthers thirty points to ten over the rabbit as the poor rabbits. They're busted, Yeah, they're busted up. They're missing so many players now, now, Katie Walker's gone and the Trell Mitchell's gone standard period.
Speaker 1: And probably for the season. I say I'll shut them down there and try the youngsters. You know what, I before we get into the game, I just want to say something about this pend of team this year is I believe Ivan Cleary's best coaching from all those all those four years. I'll tell you why, when he got his ability to take young men and accelerate their developments.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying they're going to make the eight. I just I just I've been a shitty Eels team and they beat it.
Speaker 1: The player I'll no, I forget, forget who they're beating. I'm just talking about their personal growth. So Jenkins' personal growth, McClain's personal growth, Blaze's personal growth. He's got the ability and we saw it the last four years. How he can he can really advance youngsters, youngsters growth. It's obvious. And in this year, you know what, they will probably make the EID and they're going to fizz out. It's about the next couple of couple of years. In in saying that exactly exactly what Nicola, Nicola said, they played. They played a depleted, non responsive South Sydney team, and when you've got Dylan Edwards running over three hundred meters, when you got Almighty, which I always knew was going to be a good player, but not this good Poor Ala Mighty Blaze and Bryant doing what they do, they're always going to go into win. Was it comfortable. It was comfortable. They did self showed something in the second half. But I don't think they'll ever ever indulged. Now people people keep on saying.
Speaker 2: That penfin this is on on on now what Nicol said, Penriff's back. No, I don't know if they're bad, but they're alive. I just think they've lost too much over the last three or four years. Absolutely, it's just you can't you can't produce them fast enough. It's not a knock on them. It's amazing that they've done what they've done exactly, but they're just they've been gutted that team. Yeah, absolutely, they're human.
Speaker 1: So it was It was a decent game, but I don't think that I don't think pen were ever in down on this game. Now, I don't know that they're run home, so I'm going to assume that they're gonna make the eight. So are they back I'm not sure about that. Are they alive, Yes, they're alive.
Speaker 4: Yeah they.
Speaker 2: Did you watch the game? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I did. But they run home. That's a crazy run home as wells Titans, Knights, Storm Raiders, Bulldogs.
Speaker 2: Last three, last three, that's the top three.
Speaker 4: No, but the next ones. That's a better practice for them.
Speaker 2: Well, the Tigers are in red hot form. They won over the last place Gold Coast. But we'll get to that. Yes, we're going to talk about the next game. Just move on. Let's move on this game. No, no, that was a little game. This is one of the games where texting me and you guys, I just googled the score. So camera forty or sixteen. I want to say a couple of things about this game. First of all, I was happy with paramount of leading at half time to go down the camera and in front of a packed house camera ran away with it and blew out the score in the last ten minutes. Para lost this game just with the amount of unforced eras and did you watch it? The amount of forced errors and just stupid mistakes. So so there's a there's the The pillar account was nine two. The parody count was nine to the set restart count was six nil. Now answer me this for a team that's losing at half time? Were they perfect for a team that's losing at half time with a five nil restart count?
Speaker 1: Was it first half the five nils? Yeah, okay, I thought it was all over the game. I thought for the game.
Speaker 2: Five five a half time. Okay, okay, the camera camera were perfect even though they were losing at half time. No, no, no, they were perfect. Actually they started like a house on fire. That's what I was pissing me off. Then all of a suddenly they, I mean, Parat lost it themselves. I'm not, I'm not, you know what I mean. Like the mistakes. They made some terrible mistakes. Yeah, a lot of the youngsters, but they're learning. Oh but I saw enough to But it doesn't help when you get again, like, camera must have been perfect. When you look at the parenty count and the restart count, it's rare that you see a team losing at halftime leading by such a heavy margin in those areas, So you know they're talking about consistency.
Speaker 4: They were saying at the beginning of the game that Sean Russell is the only player left in the Eels from in the last twelve months, and obviously you know there's movement. But I was like, holy, that is.
Speaker 2: Well, he's turned over the whole team. But there's there's seven or there's seven or eight or nine out at the moment, but five or six out of first graders.
Speaker 4: When's when's Moses this week?
Speaker 2: You'll you'll see him live? Yes, but the full backs gone? Now young future future future modal? Long? Are you sure he's part of Greek I've got his mum's between George and Arthur. Right, they'll spot a nine year old future modal. We can smell a Greek.
Speaker 4: We love mum's cretin my big from the Greeks invented everything.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we spot him from under sixers. We know, we know who this is.
Speaker 4: This was a rough game, I will say, just a bit of a side note. Judge Stewart's doing very well.
Speaker 2: Here's here's them, but not really pisses me off seeing Ricky Stewart on the sideline. Swell god, you know why, and you know why because he's only been doing it for like a year or so. He does it now because the media goes, oh, look at now Benji's doing it too. Do you think they want to be on the sideline. They want to be sitting up in the box. But the media pumps them up and you look a good day.
Speaker 4: You know it pisces me off and I will say Young is tongue and Cypriot, so with freaks.
Speaker 2: Sometimes Greek or cypris same thing to me. You can play for Greece, he's illegible to play for Green Brown, play for Italy, explain Craig. Yeah, anyway, Look, I was happy with the first half performance. Camera were too good in the second half, but I just think the lopside accounts didn't help. Yeah, look, and the individual unforced areas were terrible.
Speaker 1: Look, at the end of the day, I saw enough in Paramounta to know that the developing there on the right track. And I still say that he was the Jason is the best coach for this team and next is the you will see improvement.
Speaker 2: In terms of Canberrait Moses has hardly played this year as well. That's a big thing.
Speaker 1: You put Moses in his team, control, controlled in the flow and things might be different. But anyway, all back into the back end of the game. In terms of this Canel In terms of Canberra team, look, they keep on. They keep on winning, but they've got a bad habit of going in and out of a game, in and out of the game in terms of con sitration. So they're good enough to start off like a house on fire and put two trolls on you. Great, fantastic, then they go miss in. Then at the end they're good enough and they're good enough to blow a team away in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Fantastic and great.
Speaker 1: But when you're we're talking, because they're going to be more premiers, we're talking September now, I want to be sure that.
Speaker 2: They'll be top four. Anyway, they'll be top three to four.
Speaker 1: So back in the back end of the year, you're going to go through cycle one to two games to get into the GF.
Speaker 2: So I haven't seen it yet. Have they gotten into him?
Speaker 1: They've got eight weeks to or seven weeks to develop in that because they've got all the ingredients.
Speaker 2: He mentioned Jedge Stewart. Absolutely, I'm not sure if the start up the story. I'm not sure if everybody's back.
Speaker 1: He's in the team, because guess what is not letting anyone down k weeks is something something absolutely special. I want to talk about a kid I spoke to it, I spoke about him, spoke about him a couple of weeks ago, owned Paddy Again.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. I'm not sure if everybody's back is even on the bench. But this kid will be the Marines hooker or in that team in the next in the next three to five years. He's that good.
Speaker 1: He really isn't He's only nineteen, I think so. Yeah, But that's that's all about this game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, uh, thirty minutes at the end of madness and that's how lost the game and Cambridge keeps on chugging along. Happened with the Bulldogs twenty points to and over the Dragons in a very tight one. What a game? What what a what a what a what a great game?
Speaker 1: First half? We look, we look great, Nico. Honestly, first half I'm thinking of how good is this? We're gonna we're gonna win and win.
Speaker 2: Well, let's let's let's let's let's go to the elephant in the room, Lucky. You know what. Let's give Lucky some some time because he comes from a very simple system to very very very complex system, so he has to learn the system then change his sort of gameplay because he has to go more square than across, and his initial first movement is to go across, so I guess to change his ways. And one pass saved.
Speaker 1: His week because if that pass didn't happen and we lost the game, all the media will be attacking Galve. But all of a sudden he's thrown the pass, and wow, he had a great game.
Speaker 2: He didn't have a great game. He had a steady game, had a steady game. He didn't want to count. He didn't when he count he did, he didn't want to count.
Speaker 1: And and one thing I've got to give him credit to is the one thing I say about him in big moments.
Speaker 2: He wants the ball in his hands. So people kids don't do it, and it's easier to say slam moved in or whatever. But he saw that, he read it and he acted yeah. Oh absolutely no no no, yeah no, no, he did it. You know, you know what, what what what? This canoedy team has enough confidence to give him the ball at that minute, because I would be giving the ball to Burton, but guess what, they gave it to Lucky. So they're either being told they've either been drilled or they've ever got confidence to give it to him. So George was the better team on the on the night. There's no doubt in my mind over the eighty minutes. And that's why I found out a few times year, haven't I think six times under there really or should or could have won, should should have won. And they looked at me and me and dollars. They were more physical. They had had that second half. They had us in terms of physicality. If it wasn't for us scrambling defense, we would have been we would have been gone. And if it wasn't for Slang moving in, we would have been gone. I really enjoyed the game, Canary. He's not playing well at the moment, but winning, and that's what you've swapped the heart. There's an adjustment. Yeah, and that's that's that's what I mean. That's what I said. The swinning ugly is good, good sign.
Speaker 1: That's what I said at the start of the my my rant that you've got to give the kid a month, a month to understand even the system.
Speaker 4: Because he's always going to be under suppression.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Heaps suppression now from ever forever, forever, forever, and I believe you'll deliver. The thing is, the thing is this canoby system is extremely, extremely complex, even the defensive system where they where they in bad or you're bad, well they close up. Then as they come out they move out. That that takes I was still in some maas the other day, and I think I figured out exactly what his manager has planned for him to go to Canterbury and do his apprenticeship and he come over and replace Moses. You're joking about it, You're you're joking about who knows. But look, it's a good watch. But it had on the edge of the edge of the s A lot of these games were like a lot of these games were close. They were, they were.
Speaker 4: I just I don't think he's the best five eight.
Speaker 2: He's not.
Speaker 4: He just turned twenty still, So he gets so much airtime.
Speaker 2: That's not his fault though, that's not his fault, I know. But what a minute. It doesn't get air time up there, not not no, not as you know why, all right, And it's probably a good thing that no one heard last week's pod because I went off a little bit on it. But I'll just touch on it slightly. Now. You know why he gets so much airtime because of where he came from. Yes, it all goes back to the West Tigers. No, I'm just saying how many good players they're losing, and they've lost in recent years. Right, they're the ones who get on the airtime. Right.
Speaker 1: The media loves the media loves Media's got favorites, favorites to bay shop and one of them, one of them is the Tigers.
Speaker 2: But it's their own fault, fault, you know that whole gatherant thing. I said it at the time, Right, No one, none of us would have known a thing about that. If their ceo, Wait a second, if their CEO, Shane Richardson didn't come out publicly the following day and tell everyone what happened in a private meeting. He blew it out, He blew it up, and he he's the one who shipped the bed and he couldn't get the ship back into the horse the next day. And then it all went to ship after that. And then three guys who apparently don't speak to each other, Shane Richardson, feel Good and Isaac Moses all sat together and did a deal a month later, which we knew about three weeks before.
Speaker 4: They're not They're not the only team like that's going through.
Speaker 2: No one has no one's done it like them ten No one, right. Shane Richardson. San Richardson came in as the CEO, only goes, this club is one of the biggest and best in your bases, which is true. He goes, We're not going after big names anymore. We've got our marquee man Lui, who, by the way, no tries, no line breaks. Great signing there, right that they've won more games without him than they have with him. This year, he said, we're going to focus on our juniors. Now you've got Galvin, who technically is a paramount of junior anyway. But Galvin and the Silver both gone, two promising youngsters gone, and every Tiger's fan And they'll hate me for saying this, but I don't give a shit because it's the truth. Every Tiger's fan, I'll tell you I we don't care about losing the Silver because the guy behind him is better. Well, a month ago, you didn't know who the fuck he was, and no one was talking about him until the Silver announced he was leaving, and then all of a sudden, it's next next cab off the rank. So this shit just keeps happening, And where's the guarantee that they're going to keep the ones that they're coming through anyway.
Speaker 4: But everyone in that whole scenario, they're all adults. They all made the decision. It was not just one person. They all collectively made the decision. So he's made his bed, he can lie in it. I just think he's not the best five eight. Yes, it's not.
Speaker 2: They signed a coach who has no experience anywhere in coaching as an assistant or anything, you know, right now for a club that's trying for a club that I'll say it again, in a competition where half of the competition makes the semi finals, they haven't done it in fourteen years, thirteen, fourteen years. That's pathetic, all right, And you don't go and hire a coach with no experience.
Speaker 4: Well up here they had. There was a bit of like last year when Wolf took over Dolphins, right like, and you know, because you're you're following the super.
Speaker 2: Coach, you know, yeah, I choose the field.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, So I just think, you know, we've we've actually come through a really good period, but we haven't heard stuff. I just don't need to see Guskold regularly or stuff about Galvin because he probably is sick of himself.
Speaker 2: Well, if it wasn't the Tigers he left, you wouldn't wouldn't have had half the media that it does. They're an easy target because they make themselves an easy target.
Speaker 1: Can I answer that question for you to regarding Galvin and in terms of right this moment we're using.
Speaker 2: In his maturity, it's just started. Yeah, but Kato twenties, Well, Kato Kato, you'll put him in origin now he's read doesn't have the headlines that your talent. He's under a lot more pressure because of all this crack.
Speaker 4: But we're talking to you in origent, SOEs no.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is that if you put it, you can put him in by the way. By the way I said, I said it on this part about two months ago, and I can go back and find it if I need to, that Tigers is going to lose their hooker Silver because Shan Richardster was stupid enough after the Galvan situation to go on a podcast and actually state on a podcast that we were prepared to let players like the Silver go and throw that money at Galvin. But now that he's gone, we can turn our attention to them. What the fuck do you think's going to happen? I said it two months ago. Is this going an idiot?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: I think what it is the general consensus of the shitty calls the changing of coaches and then hiring everything like I say to the boys like and then I just seems to lock it down.
Speaker 2: You know what, he's something that he's something that toast fans are not going to want to hear. Right, No, No, it's truth. I'm only staying in fact.
Speaker 4: Who hurt you on the weekend?
Speaker 2: You brought it up. I'm calling it as it is. Right. You know those two former fucking tweedtl D and tweedled dumb Pasco and Leepalis right, the former CEO and chairman. Right, they were at Good Up a restaurant. Now, anyone who knows anything about rugby League in Sydney knows that Good Up a restaurant Likehard is an NRL hangout. Wayne Bennett there, it's his favorite restaurant. And you said you sitting there all the time, right, Lee hendgepen Talus back on what's today? Tuesday? I think it was on Friday or Saturday night. I wasn't there, but this is you can look it up Lee, had Talis and Justin Pasco were there in the restaurant, and you know how they were sitting at the table with three current first grade West Tigers players who are unnamed. Probably not, Why would you be sitting with the former regime?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: That automatically shows that you're not on board with the current regime. Think about it for a second. You could say there's nothing to it, but let's see how it plays out over the next few weeks, right are you? You're talking Benji or players players, but you're talking cry resume, like in terms of Benji or in terms of Richardson. Let me tell you this, And I've got attacked for saying this at the time that I stated at the time that apparently Alvin and Moses never said Benji was a ship coach. They said that he wouldn't develop under Benji. And I've got to tax him everyone by saying he's probably right, because you can only judge a coach off his record, and Benji's record is orseship, no record, right, I don't think Benji will even be there next year. If he is, he won't see after year and then and then and then once that happens, I'm going to go back to everyone and say, ye, fuck yourself, because I told you a year and a half, You've got to give you I'll stop. You got to you got to give you more time.
Speaker 4: Speaking of thinly veiled anger. The next game, Storm, how.
Speaker 2: Did they lose at home to the Seagulls, explained to me what happened?
Speaker 4: Nice work?
Speaker 2: I like, hey, did that?
Speaker 4: I get like I have to wait to watch the press conference with Bellamy because I want him to kind of blow up, but he never does. I think I'm just gonna I said to Maybe the other night, I'm just gonna watch Ricky Stewart's coming to the podcast. But he was flipping out to bellow me like it's almost as entertaining as watching the game.
Speaker 2: Have you heard the locker room?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you said to me. Was this one from me? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, from this weekend? It was real? No, I deserve it.
Speaker 4: I deserve it, but I will set Was it the second coach try? Oh beautiful straight over? That was I know they didn't win, but yeah, and you know what I said to make it at the end, how they're talking to the players and stuff, and I'm like, if my boss was Bellamy, I would not be out on the field smiling and laughing.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 4: I was like, go into the shield.
Speaker 2: Now, that's that's what the game is missing more and more. But you watch that. Okay, yeah, but he's right, what are you waiting for?
Speaker 1: I who was Billy was right to you know what, they haven't been playing well or year, but they're playing well enough or they do enough because they've got so much start star power to to win games. Mainly came down there. He went down there with a plan. And for all the all the crap we hear about the Professor, the Professor can coach, no doubt in my mind, when he needs to translate when he gets his message across and the Professor is Sea Bolt, when Sua Bolt gets his message across and they understand it. And this was a very simple message, a very simple message they gave him. Okay, and these boys executed the plan perfectly. I'll tell you that from fifteen minutes on, you man, it was going to win because they had him physically. They had him physically, and they had him mentally as well.
Speaker 4: So you watch all their tries, albeit three and ten minutes for all in the first half, like I wouldn't I feel like Melbourne really rested on their laurels, was just sat like just complacent, like you you were so right and that they're just doing enough.
Speaker 1: And it's just but what what actually happened in this game to the mainly forwards absolutely decimated their middles and and it's it's a it's a consistent thing when you want to get them.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows.
Speaker 1: So so what what Apendels get them all the time because they decimate their middles. Teams, the big teams get them because they just crash them. They're not built that way. They're built. Uh, we hold teams and we let the stars do the do our job. Well, they've got to do more because they're going to have to get in because they're going to be top four, right, So to get into a GF or into a pre limb, they're going to have to cycle and and their fours have to stand up.
Speaker 2: And they haven't done that yet.
Speaker 1: But I'll could tell you something after after what they're going through right this moment, they've they've probably seen they haven't touched the ball. They're probably seeing hills in front of them or they've seen his hills. They're running, they're running they're running. What Bellamy is going to do to them this week, you wouldn't do to your dog, okay, And they're going to change what's the best when they come out this week. They're going to be completely different team from now on, because what's the what's.
Speaker 4: Their run home? They've got Rooster's at home, US's home, Eels, Broncos in Melbourne, Panthers like they've got the easiest.
Speaker 1: Well, I think I honestly believe that they're going to be a changed team now. Bell had enough.
Speaker 2: If they're alive, it's time to get started until That's what I think now. And you know what, they needed this wake up call because maybe they thought that everything's going fine. M hmm. Maybe they thought everything's own fine and just you know.
Speaker 4: When I just saw them doing that dancing two weeks ago and Melmy's plowing up. Obviously they won't said five straight winds or six. It's just they're not taking it seriously.
Speaker 2: They weren't. The weren't, but they tell you what they are this week.
Speaker 1: Let me just before we go on, I just want to mention Tommy all of a sudden been supposedly one of the better fullbacks.
Speaker 2: He's supposedly one of the better centers in the comp he's good. I don't know if he's injured. I don't know magically what's happened. But he swings both sides for now right now.
Speaker 1: Who knows what happens next week because he could break his fibbler. Who knows what with Tommy, But at the moment he's playing old school. Swings both sides makes extra man really confuses the defenses because they're not used to seeing center aside and half five eight center center. They're not used to seeing no, so they've got to make decisions. So I'm loving Tommy and that's more. Not too much more we can say about that. Jacob Walks, walks in and Kicks were so happy Kicks over the water bottle what it did. But Ben Travoyevich is probably going to be better than all of them. I reckon he's been killing.
Speaker 4: So if you weren't Eagles player, would should be happy with the win based on what have And at the end with Brooks.
Speaker 2: What happened with Brooks, it was a penalty, okay, Harry gret by Law by law, I thought that was ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It is, it is, It's crazy it's ridiculous. It's the same thing but having an escort or it's the same thing about it.
Speaker 2: There's nothing in it exactly, but he touched.
Speaker 4: The leg, barely moved nick.
Speaker 2: He didn't even know no, no, no, he didn't even expect to get a pillow. There's nothing in it. But it shouldn't have been. It's like, well, I'll talk about it when we get there, but it's just some of these over officiating giving the spectacle. Agree me.
Speaker 4: Someone asked felling me well twice because I was like, oh my gosh, are going to ask him sin for that? He goes, I am, He's like, I've got an opinion, But I get fine like.
Speaker 2: That. Yeah, some of the crap was saying on the field this year. I agree, And he got sin for that. I agree.
Speaker 4: I also feel like it was a bit unfair that old mate elbow. The other one he went off for a HI and he got to stay the field.
Speaker 2: Should he should have got sim in for that? Yeah? He should absolutely clear as day.
Speaker 4: So how in one game, which obviously seen it a lot across a lot of games, but how in one game have we seen just the wild pendulum swing.
Speaker 2: That's we see it you're seeing week in week out, every game. It's it's ridiculous. In the next game, the Tigers hundredth game, like I had over is West Tigers. I did watch it. They beat the Titans twenty one points to twenty. The funny thing is they shouldn't have even equalized. You know how they equalized the drop Good old Taylor May stays on the ground, he's next killing him penalty. Oh, and that's how they got to try to equalize. Like you see it every week. You see it all the time, these players just lying down, laying down. No, I hate it. I hate the reft in scene. Bunker looks at it. It has to come up with something. The Bunker, bloody Bunker had The Bunker.
Speaker 4: Field goal was pretty pretty exciting at the seventh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the games, we're excited, blaure of the game, bluddure of the game.
Speaker 4: No, we I think we all we all tipped up the Tigers. I think last week probably well.
Speaker 2: How could you're not the gold coaster sitting there? Last Oh not terrible coldcast was terrible. It's like a few weeks ago with paramounta when when at a car did did he or did he not step on the sideline. It's irrelevant. What a rule. The linesman puts his flag up, so we can't go to the bunk. We go to the bunker for everything, everything, but we can't go to the bunker because the linesman put his flag upstate is this game in? Look? I agree? I agree, crowd, great scene over Sunday afternoon. But I'm just saying, like every every game, like the Harry Green thing, I mean, that was you are singing in for that. I agree, But that's the law. Law says.
Speaker 1: You know that when the when the when the bunker reviews it, they say a touch, that's it. They cut their hands are time?
Speaker 2: Why can't they do Why can't they use comments? You know what, there's a touch there, but it didn't have any Get on with it. You're too logical, You're too logical.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine the audacity of an organization that makes very obvious because they used to cover it up and make a bit more slight, very obvious biased decisions like that's what it is again.
Speaker 2: The Heels camera game six nel restarts nine to two penalties Camera were perfect. I agree, even though they were losing a halftime in total control. We should start a showing next year that they just reviews every game and pulls out of the bullshit the NRL price to sweep under the carpet. That's what we should do. Send it the buzz rsfield. There's the other another problem now now now, George, Now I reviewed their game.
Speaker 4: No no, no, I also forgot to mention what we're talking about, the round the boys pulled together, and I want to mention it, so I probably won't. We might not mention it next week. But the boys were pulling together their cards for next birthday because obviously it's coming up this week, and kind of started it halfway and then obviously just got distracted with something else. And then when he came back, he forgot that he was writing it for your birthday. So it ended up like almost like a commiserations. I'm sorry. Then Eels lost, I'm sad was his birthday and he's like, oh, yeah, so that will give you a bit of a yeah I did. Yeah, sorry to move on, but man, I did not see this coming. With the next game, Nights Worries.
Speaker 2: At fifteen points the field goal, George, what happened?
Speaker 7: J what A?
Speaker 2: What A? What an interesting game? What a? That was the last gap, win the last gap. I didn't watch this game, okay, so because I went out for dinner. So did you watch it too? You watched it? Okay?
Speaker 1: So so the Knights, I think over the eighty minutes were the better team who was leading at half time? The Knights were leading at half time? Weren't they too?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They were?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it was like yeah, it was like twelve. I can't remember, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were basically basically this whole game, you can scrape it and it's all about the last ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Last ten minutes kind of boyd missed how many how many how many job job field goals that he missed? He missed two field goals and two kicks to win the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: And then the last field goal, Nicola, he went to kick it, it got block, got ricocheted and.
Speaker 2: What's his name? What's what's the youngster's name? To?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 2: Scored that try?
Speaker 4: Pumpy?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 4: What's happening in halloemia? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 4: It was like, I know what. While she's thinking it was kind of like the Melbourne Storm game, Warriors should have absolutely smashed them, I'm like, what were you guys doing there? Was I missed it. The boys have yelled out to me Rick James how to try it, but it was disallowed.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, yes, what's happening in new We spoke about this last week but obviously I didn't get uploaded. I don't know. I don't Jason Rale sat Till and Brown down and said you can go now, yeah, and he goes, I'm going to. I'm going to. He said no, stay and he's not being picked in the in the in the eighteen but I'm going to. I'm going to. But it's still rather stay. I'm going to defend Brown because you've done a whole preseason with with your mates. It's only how many players have changed clubs. I hear what you're saying. Newcastle can still make the ap mathematically, but I mean when you want to go there and get comfortable with the joint before you start your thirteen years what was a ten year contract. I've also been there for six seven years, right, thirteen million dollars and he's not prepared to go three months early. I do know what you mean, but I'm looking at me. I would want to live. That's you know.
Speaker 4: We're shocked that he's just wanting to do the right thing.
Speaker 2: But he's but he's not getting picked in the squad. That's cool. And Jason Ross said he's not going to play cup. I'm not going to insult him. So he's just not playing like when you're kicking he's not playing again, but he's not kicking Stade. But when you're arare to go, you're going to spend the next decade there. But would you but what do you want to be? Well, that's exactly what would you want to spend the next six weeks with your mates playing for six years playing not playing? I don't know, not playing it. If I'm in New US a fan, I'm going this is a big, huge, remember Jurassic Park, Jeff Goblin, there's one big pile of ship, big first one. This is this is just bad. It's bad, bad, it's bad.
Speaker 4: I think the Nights are in the most trouble, Like when your fans are you regularly yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's just they deserve they deserve to cheat or boo those those supporters. But in terms of the in terms of sorry props to the Warriors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, they didn't play well and they still want and that that taught us they're a good they're a good team.
Speaker 2: Kind a boy.
Speaker 1: The last fifteen minutes, the last ten minutes was diabolical, but in general, yeah they probably well, HA had a better team on the night. I think I thought Newcastle was Yeah.
Speaker 4: I agree, I thought the Newcastle I thought nights were. Again, it's like a strong game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have a close game?
Speaker 1: Can I can I just can I just say that Jackson Hasting is an actually good Bloody player. I know the issues he has behind closed doors, but gee, is a good player. He's had those troubles at every close He's a good player. I've heard whispers what the issue is, yeah here, but I mean, what do you believe? But regardless of that, it's every club he's gone to, every club, not one. It's not one that he hasn't gone to. So when you see him play for extended time and he gets comfortable, Gee, he's changed the fortunes of this team since he came in. I don't know everything's changed. Bradman Best got pretty badly stripped a few times, but that last plasma run he just absolutely ripped him, ripped him apart. They're indeed poopoo Newcastle. I don't think Adam will be there next year, O'Brien. I think should be, But I don't think Adam will be there next year. I'll give you the tip. His assistant coach, I know, won't be there next year because he's going to go to Super League.
Speaker 2: He was one of the one tip to be fav for the job. Yeah, he's signed for Super League team to coach. Yeah. So so I don't know. Maybe you could do something.
Speaker 4: I quite like from the nights.
Speaker 2: I like maj great Player's great.
Speaker 4: Take him. He's so wonderful. He's just a good, decent player. It's like him.
Speaker 2: T t They've got, They've got a lot of good players. This is what's more.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's a it's a cowboys sort of thing for me. Fletcher Hunt great player, best, great player, marj You great player, Hastings great player, Cogger, Okay, he's okay, you know what I mean, Sophie, great player, Bailey, good player, Lea Thompson great player. I don't get it. I don't understand Paul great player. I don't get it. I don't understand the Tigers. He's going to Tigers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I don't know. I don't know. Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 4: It's just a culture thing, right, I think. And the Jackson Hastings thing. I was looking back it was around eight or nine. It's just his missus said something to a more senior player's wife or whatever like. It's just you know, and obviously there's other backstuff, but he was stepped down or put down agreed after that happened.
Speaker 2: I think it was, you know what, I'll tell you something about nice. They need a strong coach because Adam's going to lose his job. El Wayne Bennett failed there. Yeah, it's something I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's something decided on that we were talking about last week.
Speaker 2: This goes.
Speaker 10: I hope he doesn't. Yeah, I happy doesn't lose job. I don't think I have the answer the next season. It's clear as day and I think and I think we have a precedent now. Ma Moning is going to coach the new Birth team. It'll be his first NL club coaching role in twenty seven years. So Warren Ryan should go to Newcastle job. I should get the walkout of the time a good job.
Speaker 4: Didn't you guys say they were looking at Hannah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hannah definitely wants a geek.
Speaker 1: But if you give me all these teams which are which are available, I'm going to North Queensland that list. I'm going the Cowboys with that list. And he played there and he played there. But when I look at all the lists, give me, give me Cowboys.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys are also looking for a CEO because I put it on LinkedIn, I'm connected with the CEO and it's for next year. It was it was advertised like a few months ago. The amount of people that text me and they were like, I'm fine towns Will is way too. But yeah, I agree, like especially being Josh Hannah, who.
Speaker 2: Is like if I was in gon can I get in trouble for saying this? I was in Townsville last year the first time, I'm serious, and I went to Cole's or wool Words. I went to Woolworths.
Speaker 4: Why were you in town?
Speaker 2: Good question? Anyway, I went to woolwors and in the city center. You've been there, right? Have you been there? Yeah? All right? So I went to Woodies and all the aerosol cans are locked up in cupboards. You can't pick them off the shelf. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But in like Cooley, like call and Gatta. Everyone in Sydney Melbourne. They're like, let's go to cool and Gatta like call and get as one of the roughest places you don't want to go to on the coast. Same thing. Yeah, yeah, it's pretty out.
Speaker 2: I thought that was funny anyway.
Speaker 4: Pretty well and worst the places in Brisbane.
Speaker 2: Back my life as an eel. But the Broncos had to buy so they'll be well arrested for this week.
Speaker 4: I think they went somewhere. I went to Camma or something.
Speaker 2: That's good news for fans. Let's move into crystal Wall. The round that's coming up kicks off on Thursday night with the Roosters hosting in Melbourne. Storm here you guys sipping for that one. It's Teddy. I think Melbourne. I think Melbourne, Oh.
Speaker 4: Melbourne won't be seeing twenty twenty six if they didn't win every single game.
Speaker 2: It could be. I think it'll be closer than we think. But again, what happened to Melbourne Storm and what's happening to him this week? Melbourne will win, even if it's it's in Sydney. Is in Sydney, Melbourne will win. It's it's good. It's a short turned round. So they can get get get it out of the system. But I think I think luss Is know exactly what's going to happen and what's coming. So it might be it might be closer than we think to you, But I don't think that Melbourne will. I don't think Melbourne will lose this one. Over there, over there their body. I love this time of Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it gets really really like. The last week is the start of these really wild games. It's so good.
Speaker 2: Kicking off Friday night up in Townsville, the Cowboys are hosting the Dragons. This is a tough one. They picked, you know what, only with the Dragons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, My on the issue is the heat up there and then the Cowboys do play better in their environment. But surely surely and Georgia and Georgia being playing half decent rugby league and Cowboys couldn't catch a cold.
Speaker 4: So I don't know. I'm going to go. I'm going to go Cowboys watching homes play. I think they've played.
Speaker 2: Their homes recer soraid they still they still put Brandon Burns in the team. The guy's a turnstile, but he's on the wing. Who's Thomas Duff remember that French showing used to climb the revolving door. Look, good ball in hand. But the defense in soccer we call those players which is hat's batter because the ball bounces off of which is hat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Bryden unfortunately, he's a good ball hand, you know when he gets the ball in his hand.
Speaker 2: But so just to confid, you're going, who are you tipping Saint George? But to who's Thomas Duffy? I don't. I'm not aware of him. He's another youngster.
Speaker 11: Yeah he is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was looking at him.
Speaker 1: So play last So they took per Dume and put him back in the centers. Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 4: I've seen him play. Did I see him play for the under nineteens origin? No, he wouldn't have been.
Speaker 2: He's older, he's a local product. Yeah, I over looked at him. Over look at him. Okay, I over looked at him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, and George will win and probably by the end when when we'll sorry in Nicolna, I've never seen I've never seen his name, Thomas Thomas Duffy. He didn't play on the Nine Names because I watched that game twenty two. Yeah, okay, so's he's is a man. So okay, now what's the next game? The Broncos are hosting the Eels. What's so special about this game?
Speaker 2: The Tenure and nicol are going to be in the stands at one of the best grounds in the world. And my first game at Lane Park. I know I'll be there with you. We'll be there together, the first game at Lane Park. I can't wait because just the other night I started watching on YouTube the game from eighty eight or eighty nine, and I was throwing the b cans on the field when while Lewis got five minutes in there, yeah, and Ben your Las picked up one of the cans and started drinking from it. Love it.
Speaker 4: It's pretty. It's not don't get it's not like.
Speaker 2: I know, it's not Lane Park.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it's not like because we went to combat. Yeah, that's very nicely like it's very nice. You know, like some court, you know, they spend a lot of money on the grounds, but like the from when Georgia went wherever you went, it has a really changed it for the first time I went there in terms of get booths and stuff.
Speaker 2: Lots of stairs too, ye remember that, lots of yeah, yeah, Broncos as as perlisted, So everyone's in and gee they're looking scary with Paramatta.
Speaker 1: We got Baba Liki at full back Nicola so obviously we know that the normal fullback the Greek.
Speaker 2: And Mortal is future Mortal is injured.
Speaker 1: But the big inn is of course Mitchell Moses in doing Hawkins at six, which is going to be very interesting.
Speaker 2: Which I think that's the way he's going to go. He's been so good, has he really has?
Speaker 1: I believe that's the way that they look. The back line solid, you can't complain short, Yeah they have, but this youngster.
Speaker 2: Is good playing first game and in the middles. Do you like do you like the forwards Nicola halfgood Smith Polo? I think? I mean, I think paying uses back.
Speaker 4: Yeah he is, Yeah, that would be a nice matchup.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 12: I think I don't think we can match him in before okay, and and and of of course the silver ready and and uh off the off the bench do you have at least they have player who are unavailable.
Speaker 2: Could be four pages. Look, I'm going the Broncos but as well, but I don't think it'll be well arrested to him too. Had to buy yeah, I don't think the school will be as wide as Nichols thinking. I don't know. I mean, I don't know. I know the Broncos will win. I don't know Mitch will keep it nice. I'll probably blow it out in the last twenty minutes or whatever. But I don't know, maybe not even because Mitch my keep things a little bit more controlled.
Speaker 4: I wonder if, I wonder if the luck will be there though, because the last time, obviously.
Speaker 2: The game we went to, we had lost, people had lost every game, and tenure seeing next to me in the stands and she telling me to be more positive, and I said, fuck ship, we're going to lose. Is a positive human, she really is, and she's telling me to shut up and be positive. And sure enough, Golden Point Max feel a great game.
Speaker 4: I feel like, I don't know if we can sit next to each other on Friday now.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm sob meitting, so don't worry. Yeah, you can just pour a drink out of my head, do whatever you want. If you will. Tickets your tea, Yeah, make up them.
Speaker 4: As a birthday present to Nick. And she's if she's got the ones. I think that the best spot, like best so.
Speaker 2: Good, just underlie the corporates.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but it's kind of like on this sweet corner that you don't get too much thorough fan and it.
Speaker 2: Is going to be there. I hate I hate Buck back the whole. I hate Buck. Bring you know what we need to do?
Speaker 4: Actually send you guys something, actually might do it. Next week. We were sitting around because Meg was trying to figure out what the sounds were for each team to try, and I know them obviously, so I played this YouTube thing that plays every single sound. Do you guys know every sound?
Speaker 2: No, I don't even know what my.
Speaker 4: Wait, don't listen to it. I'm going to play it next week.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't even know we have one. It irritates me every time the Roosters score and I hear that, Yeah, teach me.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Anyway, Buck number ten will be there. That looks slightly different every.
Speaker 2: Year, but yes, but I'm definitely looking forward to it. I'm definitely looking forward to it and I'll see you in a two days time. I'm going to be jealous to be cool cool the way too. So kicking off Saturday, the Warriors are hosting the Gold Coast Titans Warriors at home in New Zealand. No brainer, no brainer.
Speaker 4: We said it's about Warriors nights though, no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they want it, they wanted we're talking about. It's going to be painful for Dsy, very painful. I think Warrows will win and win will Panthers at home, which is at com Bank against the Tigers, which is one of their fourteen home grounds as well. Yeah, apparently, I think I think tighter than a game. This game will be tighter than we think. The penwiff contingent. Contingents in this West team will make sure of that. I think I expect we're penriff to win, but going to it's going to be a dog fight. Rumors going around this week that Adam do you will be joining Penrith next season? Oh really yeah, on the mark, I didn't know that he's going to I thought it was coming to Paris. Actually no, no, I heard. Okay, I don't know what they'll do with it, but the last.
Speaker 4: Time they played at Combank around fourteen fourteen eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it t yeah, so I don't think I think it'll be a dog There's four or five x pan as in the Tigers team, so they'll stand up for this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just ili like a good game, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: This will be a good game. Y, It's be a good game. And then finishing off Saturday, the rabbit As are hosting the Sharks. Unfortunately. I think that's they're at four dollars twenty. I think it's a Shark win, is it?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: I think it'll be a Sharks win.
Speaker 1: The Sharks have hit some reform. I'd like to see them continuing and keep on building for the semi final series. I think selves Joe Gray's back in, but Joe Gray's Joe Gray's fullback, and and Alex Johnson on the wing so that he might score another trial trial too. They don't look that bad on paper, but I think they've they've lost confidence and the Carnal will win.
Speaker 4: I don't know what Bennett's saying. Hey, do you remember at the beginning of the year, the guy's talking about it the other day, how we were talking on the potty and Jai Gray daily m runner up blah blah blah. And then obviously he's broken his thumb or whatever.
Speaker 13: But prior to that he was Mitchell came back, I know, a bit like that changed everything. He was on fire until that happened, So Ben that has his favorites.
Speaker 4: It's you know, to what detriment right like its obviously there's but anyway, I just I find that disappointing and back, you know what.
Speaker 1: I don't know Joy's contract, but if he's if he's coming off and there's someone who needs someone like that, he will get picked up because he's a he's an excellent player.
Speaker 2: He's a first grader. He goes back to the regis and calves up.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, you know, even I was looking at the teamless for Broncos, I'm like, fire out, we can't fit anyone.
Speaker 2: No, no, well your selary cap stretched apparently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like, I think we might be over.
Speaker 2: Eric and paint Ass will become the highest paid player in the game with the birth team of the wife twenty six million dollar deal three years. That's just rumorous. Kicking off Sunday afternoon is a real tough one. Camber ran home to Newcastle.
Speaker 1: Look in terms of confidence here, yeah, in terms of confidence, I think the Knights confidence is shot. I think raiders are flying, raiders flying. It's just it's just about getting an eight minute performance out of him. But something like the Broncos. Maybe twenty minutes of Canbra Canberra football is enough to normally win a game, maybe win a camp.
Speaker 2: So I think they'll do just enough to win. I think they'll be like in second year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty yeah, that's what I mean. Maybe twenty minutes of Canberra football is enough. That's what they That's how much they played.
Speaker 4: Again, why is Sebastian Chris out Sebastian Chris is out spend and Chevy Stewart. I wonder if.
Speaker 2: Probably is. But I'll tell you what. Looking at the cambercteen pretty, I'll tell you what. The last game of the round has just become a hell of a lot more interesting considering mainly beat Melbourne Bulldogs at home to the Seagulls. George, this is the game I find Bulldogs didn't have a great game, Seaguals did have a great win. It's a tough one to tip only on the Dogs. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, game of the round this one, Nicola. I noticed carraz and Bronston Cherry back into the team. Hopefully Galvin can build on on last week and the fourth pack where the most important part is King Marnie Hughes kick out Preston and salmon and of course Harry Hayes and man off the bench and current he's got We've got all fours on the bench.
Speaker 2: That that that that says.
Speaker 1: And then in the case that last time we played them and last year in the semi final they got us through the middle. And I'm not sure how smart, how good And I'll tell you next week. The professor is because he knows how to beat Canterbury. He's one of the best technicians.
Speaker 2: And guess what.
Speaker 1: Serrouto has responded with a bench of all forwards. This will be a hum dinger. I'm going to pick a good game. I'm going to pick around.
Speaker 2: It is the game of the round. I'm going to pick Canterbury for sentimental values. But this this this mainly team has got Canabi's cryptonite. I mean, outside of this one, I think I think the Broncos and the Eels will be really close. It will be the first seven or eight minutes. But this one here, I think this is going to be a really good game around. I really believe that's the game around. Ye I'll go the Dogs and the Finns have the buy that's goods And then ended a week off so Georgie, what are you go for us?
Speaker 1: I've got a few things Nicola I want to talk about, and team mentioned it or suggested through the Rugby three sixty. Now why I bring it up. I think he might It might affect rugby league, and I think he might affect rugby league all around the world and definitely the NRL. So this concept as we don't know rugby around the world. Besides, France is in trouble in terms of in terms of viewership, in terms of plague because the Union refuses to make the game a little bit modern. Again, beside France, the whole world is crumbling. So a bunch of Saudi trillionaires have got together and they did it with golf, they did it with Formula one. And what they're gonna do is a rebel league, something like Super League Nicola. And their aim is to go and find the best rugby and rugby league players, put them in a twelve team competition, have a three month have a three month competition. And what we do is you don't have like the teams are countries. So it's to Yo, it's Toyo and and Toyota, uh Japan, Toyota. You know, Panasonic France. You know what I mean that starting, George, It's it's it's in the infancy, but it will start because they're signing players, signing players already. So entry, yeah, entry for this is two million, So I'm going to give you two million for three months work. Yeah, and then and the good players getting excess in excess of that. So my question to you guys is will they come in and rip some of their good players, because go yes, unfortunately, and it just meant at this point, man's just at this point. Yeah, probably yeah, men's at this point. And look, you know what, what's scary places? They say it's a lot of chatter, But what I mean they did it at gold Live Golf in the Formula one, So it's something that they've done before. This this this group, and they've got they've got the companies like Toyota, like Honda, all the biggest companies in each part of the world, even South Summer, South African, humongous country. They've got them all on board. So this will happen. The issue is that how much are they going to desecrate the rugby league. I don't care about rugby. They can do whatever they want to rugby, but how much how many players are gonna they're going to take from from us? That was the chatter of Ponga. Now Ponger says he's going to stay and see out his contract and it probably isn't, Probably isn't or isn't, but no one will will begrudging if he went for three months work for two million dollars.
Speaker 2: He signed. He signed. Yeah, he's already signed.
Speaker 4: And it's funny, right because we were talking about, you know, not longer go the land. He's wanting to buy into Super League and stuff, and then the Saudi Arabians like, yeah, what will actually buy in and do something and pay them? Well, when't you go like they could take Shibasaki, Jai Gray, Jermainisaka. All these people will not. I don't think the first two have kids, but all of them as if you're not going to set your family out, go for a year, plague, come back play again. But you're so much better set up because we know and they know that they're breaking their bodies for our entertainment. Might as well be a bit richer for it.
Speaker 1: Right, Remember to live over there, it's only three months, so you're going to extend your shelf life as well. So it's interesting. It's interesting to see what's going to happen. And I fear them because it's not if when it's when it's going to happen.
Speaker 4: It will where are the games going to be played?
Speaker 1: All around the wolf, So it will be a team in Japan fragment's sake, a team in America, will be a.
Speaker 2: Him in Europe or you know what, when it happens, he won't be a shambozo. I don't know. Just yeah, I just missed rugby league. Oh it's not going to touch us. It's rugby unless they take our players. And that's when we were watching them about it. Because going to take you're going to take a place.
Speaker 1: So so that that look you know what if like if a manager comes up to you and say, pretty much work two million dollars, Oh you're good, like you're going to have two point eight?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, it's so all over again. Yeah yeah no yet.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we'll watch it. Well, we'll wait and see. We'll wait and see on that. But I hope Landis is putting his head together with his other CEO so they can.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what they're they're hoping to tea the next television deal. And this is everything they're doing about head Knocks and everything that we talk about is all geared for one humongous deal. Like I said last week, he was over a meeting with Amazon, he was over meeting with Netflix. He's going to sell this for a record. Now he wants more than the record, so he wants to throw it back into the He wants to trail back into the.
Speaker 2: L So the idea is that the.
Speaker 1: Top player he is one point five, Well that one point one goes to two point two. That's what he wants to do. Then the girls, he wants to make them fully professional.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the problem is they've spent the best part of eighteen months just pissing off the fans. And like obviously when they're not going to we're not the ones they're going to fund the whole viewing experience and pay for that. Like they they have. Valandi's schemed to ahead of things. And while he is deciding and having all these meetings, you have Saudi Arabians.
Speaker 2: Yes, he doesn't care about the game, He just cares about commercial growth. Well, he needs to do that's his job. The other guy. The other guys is about the game, and he's about the growth is better as useful as I agree with that, seriously agree he isn't better as useful as an astronium of matter, but I agree with I agree with that as well. But that's the that's the that's their jobs.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so at the end of the day, so we know in a year and a half or two years, the game will be will be behind a payball, no doubt, more so than it is now because he's still it's still behind a payaball.
Speaker 2: We have to get Fox to watch it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think yeah that like, yeah, we paid double, don't tell care.
Speaker 1: My fear is what he wants to do is split the whole game up. So someone else is going to have the Grand Final, someone else is going to have the Origin Series, someone else is going to have the that's if that happens, that's going to it's going to cost us.
Speaker 2: But anyway, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: Not to stop players that were considering burly sorry Perth Bears, and you know you've got P and G team to being like, you know what, take that four hundred grand and jam I'm going to spend my first year doing three sixty.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, you know what you were joking last week when you went joking you were talking about the Queensland little brother thing whatever. Right, it was a Sydney comp it was. It was, it was the ns W whatever, it was, Rugby league, it was, it was. It was a Sydney camp. Queens ain't had their own comp. You know, Brisbane's house all of those origin players before Brisbane Broncos joined the camp. When Brisbane joined the camp, it was awesome. Newcastle joined the camp in the same year, Gold Coast joined around the same time, a little bit later later and that was wonderful right for me. It became a fast five years later when the Warriors New Zealand team joined the camp. Hasn't that been a good thing?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so, because it's not a national rugby league when you've got another country in it, is it we should call the i r L? What should call it the International Rugby League? Well they don't, they don't have enough place to form a team. But seriously, it's not a national rugby league. When there's another country, you might as well have Italy in it. It's not a national rugby league. When you have an international country participating in it.
Speaker 4: It feels like Italy, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It grew too and now it's becoming ridiculous. Papua New Guinea, even Perth, we've been there, done that. It flopped, it failed. Watch it flop again. Actually, Perth might be a good thing. I hope watch it flop again. They haven't even in what universe does there's the governing body decide the coach of a club, appoint the coach of a club. It's not even they're puppeteering the whole franchise. Yeah no, no, you know what I mean though, because they sort of invitally they're forcing it on the club, which is ridiculous. Well that's that's that's a that's a conflict right there. Well then then the governing body owns one, it's not the Gold Coast government. Then the government takes I've said the government doesn't even want any part of it. I said this years ago, back in twenty fifteen. I think it was telling you know better than me when Gold Coast went broke and NRL took over. Right, And I've always used the West Tigers as an example, right West Tigers. Even though there are two clubs who emerged and were financially rewarded for it, they still found themselves with no money. But they fought tooth and now did everything right, signed whoever they could afford and did their best to and they're still doing that. Right. Gold Coasts were bankrupt and roll took over all of a sudden, they had the full cap at their disposal and they did a deal with DCE which he backflipped on anyway, so the governing body steps in. So so you know what if you're running a club in your bankrupt and then you have your full full compliment back to be able to spend ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Well that was that was the whole point.
Speaker 2: It's the most corrupt run competition on the planet.
Speaker 4: But around around the commentary that George and I were saying people going to Perth Bears or p ANDNG they might just go do three sixty instead, Like, yes, it's only three months, but it's two million dollars. That's a nice three months.
Speaker 2: You know, we've had a twenty team camp and it flopped, and it's going to happen again. You watch, it's going to happen again. Yeah, these are they're making bitter plans this time.
Speaker 1: But I'm going to I'm going to I'm going to make it clear that I understand what you're saying, and it'll be nice. Well, bimin to play norths and all the rest like back in the day.
Speaker 2: That's what we grow. I'm not even saying that. I'm just saying keep it like, keep it down to fourteen teams. That's it. That's it, that's it wants to be. But if you're not growing and well for one hundred years, George and it grew fine without adding in all these other countries and say it.
Speaker 5: Was some pretty hard. We went through some pretty hard when when what the seventies, eighties, nineties went.
Speaker 2: Literally bankrupt, it wasn't between a turno that they were nearly on there. They can I have fucking Michael Jackson or someone for next year. We can't do Mickey Jackson. So I just get pissed off because it's for me, it's just all bullshit, like it's none of this has anything to do with better in the game. It's all commercial financial and it's killing the game. The game is you know, I like watching the old game. Sometimes they're a lot of them on YouTube. You forget how much fun it was to watch the game. Now it's ridic You can't even celebrate a try anymore. You've got to wait for two minutes to see if it's confirmed or not. And then after jumping up and down, the ref goes like this, which we all know is not a review. It's a no try. And I've never seen a ref do this and see the try awarded. So why are we going through all this bullshit process? Pathetic? That Casey Badger on the on the sideline the other day, are you kidding me? Seriously, don't start me, because they're going to think that I'm sexist if I if I'm Casey or if I not what the other one there's two players. Defending player wraps his hands around the ball and it pops out. Casey Badger looks at the replane. She goes, he's made an attempt to secure the ball. It's part of the tackle. He's fucking raked it out.
Speaker 4: A great impersonation. You know what? Then, Nick, I think maybe what with this three sixty thing? It will put a lot of pressure on the NRL to actually be better, so it will actually be I think a good thing.
Speaker 2: NRL. I'm telling you now, mark my words, right now, timestam. This it's going to out backwards ten years from now, will be the worst position we're in right now, you know. And this guy is going to cause so much damage. You know. When he came in, he saved the game, all right, and he and he led the way of he said that he laid out the blueprint for many other sports, right, but he started believing his own press and he should have stopped. He should have held it, he would have been What he's doing is ridiculous. And go back to the Jonathan Thurston what's his name, Spencer lennything. We're not going to get involved unless one of the clubs complain. But you get involved in it literally everything else that has nothing to do with you. But it's just so inconsistent from week to week to week to week. No one knows what to expect anymore. You go to a game, you're guaranteed that this weekend there's going to be some bullshit that we're talking about next week.
Speaker 9: You know it.
Speaker 2: You already know it, don't you. No, I'm talking about that. I'm talking I'm not gonna out here. I told you I'm giving in right, but I'm saying. What I'm saying is, you just know there's going to be contentious, ridiculous decisions that we're talking about next week, and we're not talking about the footage. It's like we're sitting here one night talking about Galvin and I think it might have been new Taan. You said State of Origins tomorrow night. We're not even talking about it because we keep talking about crap. That's also that's also a bit to do with the journeys as well. We see it with our own eyes. You see it, We see it with our own eyes.
Speaker 4: Did you watch Rooster's Broncos Women's are We don't talk about that.
Speaker 2: I actually actually actually didn't watch it, love or watching on a replay.
Speaker 1: We're talking o W. Let's go for the Super League very quickly because we're probably going a little bit over time. Nicola boil over at St. Helen's Lee sixteen Helen's four. Somebody bringing back Christian Sale doesn't deserve what he's getting there. Hull Left thirty two Wiga twelve another boil over on the same day. Nicola, my favorite coach, Brad Arthur forty two of his leads team being Salted six Catolans an absolute mess Nicola, the French team six hul KR thirty four.
Speaker 2: It's a retirement.
Speaker 1: Village now Huntersfield, hunters Field ten Nicola, Wakefield Trinity. They just came up from First Division forty sixth and doing well. Luke Keary from hunters from Catalan's Nicola.
Speaker 2: They don't want him.
Speaker 1: He doesn't want to be there, Eather basically they get it. They getting rid of him and they're bringing in Toby Sexton j sorry TPJ to Warrington. He's doing well.
Speaker 2: He's Ryan Madison to Warrington.
Speaker 1: Now Ryan Madison to Warrington as well a loan spell for Big Sam's desperate Josh Licky was supposed to supposed to be going to Saint Helen's but there's some murmur that he might stay in Canberra. Maybe maybe we'll see about that, but I think so too. Jazz to Tawanba from Mainly going to Trinity, Wakefield Trinity. Jock Madden your hook up there, Tea. He's going to Saint Helen's. So yeah, they're probably clean cleaning some Celery cap and Blake Green is signed for Castleford for next year to coach Castleford let's go a little bit of Q Cup. And that's why I asked you before Q Cup, Tea. The team coming first, Nicole, the black Hawks second, the Seagulls, Queensland, the que Cup.
Speaker 2: Yeah sorry, que Cup.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to go the top five because we're running into we're running into semi final series.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The black Hawks, which are North Queensland or North Queensland team, the Seagulls. If you know any of these teams, Tea, if you seen them, players, shout out and I'll stop. The Seagulls coming second, Nicola, the Devils coming third, the Bears, Burly.
Speaker 2: Bears, and that's I think part of tenures are Tangers area. Yeah, yeah, it's just near Broadbeach, isn't it.
Speaker 4: No, it's further down. It's like near. We'll go past it from the airport, like ten minutes.
Speaker 1: From the airport, okay, and around out the top five, the Dolphins and Nicola are coming fifth, and that might even stay the top five.
Speaker 2: New South.
Speaker 1: I was Cup, we're talking about it before. The Warriors and I've only lost one game all year. They're coming first, Saints are coming second. I think they've lost three games all year, and the Earls. I think they've lost four games all year. That's the top four.
Speaker 2: They're the three teams which.
Speaker 1: Are absolutely stacked them to the max, and they basically play nearly when you watch them play, they nearly play in a real level team. The Jets, which are I feed a team for Cronella. Oh no, no, this is this is so well, Yeah for Coronella and Penrith coming fifth, now some fun.
Speaker 2: Then I rolled w you call. The Raiders scored twelve, but our girls they went down. They caught a bus, they went down to Cambu, but they scored forty six points. Oh wow, Yeah, we're killing it. Abby Church and my favorite player absolutely rocking it. Last minute try for Saint Georgia and Nicolla sunk the Dogs, the Dogs fourteen iron when you look.
Speaker 9: At the men's last second, last minute try sunk the Dogs. The Dragons eighteen, the Dogs fourteen. They gotta the Sharks are fourteen. The cow Girls I shouldn't know. I heard that they don't like that, but the cow Girls sixteen. There at Townsville, Nicola, the Titans came down and played a game before the Tiger's there.
Speaker 1: The Tigers scored twenty four points. Unfortunately, so the Titans scored twenty four points. Unfortunately, the Tigers only scored twelve. The game after the Knights on the Warriors game and Nicola the Girls played. The Knights scored thirty six and the Warriors twenty and the feature game of the weekend, the one Tanua and.
Speaker 2: Me were watching, I called your tenure. How about that?
Speaker 1: The Broncos twenty six the Roosters thirty and well, what a game that was. I don't know if the best I don't know if the best team won on the on the night. You know what, I'd watch this game over and over. I watched them. I watched these two two teams play every week.
Speaker 2: That's how good it was. How good was it?
Speaker 4: Brilliant? Like I think I mentioned it last week on Ghost Putty. The Roosters Trasca, I think she did three or four the week before ton Tina and Naveti. She scored the second try for the Roosters. She is like an animal for Roosters. Obviously I'm looking at Broncos, but you know, Tamika up Dinner's always Kerrie Johnson was really good like she She's actually she's quite a good player. But I think It's funny though. I don't know if you guys know this, but when Broncos, you should come up when a game's on, When Bronco next year, when Broncos and Roosters play, noo, guys, it is like an origin game, Like there is deep hatred between those two teams when they play. And so it was interesting. And you know, the dur almost lined up quite nicely with the guys ones, like in terms of what teams played as.
Speaker 2: Well, but.
Speaker 4: Not dissimilar, right, like us have a thing. Yeah, and I think probably maybe that's part of my internal, my subconscious bias too.
Speaker 2: But you don't have any bias at all. Tell me about Tell me about my favorite player, Chelsea Lennard lover. Yeah, she rights, She comes in and absolutely makes a difference, smashes everybody in front of her.
Speaker 4: I expected to score to be a bit higher. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: The good they're they're really good defensive units, they really are. How How good was Isabel Kelly and Jesse Surgiers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she just likes another another Greek and model, the future Greek and model anyway, Now she's Greek.
Speaker 2: This one's Greek.
Speaker 1: Alie looked maybe not maybe a be the Biggie numbers but didn't show right she she controlled the team really well the Broncos. And you said about Tamika, If she's not the best player in the world, who is she? And you know what, I really loved Kiri Johnston on the wing. Yes, she's a little maniac and a little she.
Speaker 4: I think it was last week she scored a couple of tryes, So that's why I was because they both had quite Obviously they're a fairly evenly matched team, I think, but I think I saw more which I find this These two teams are the ones I'll probably watch the most. Obviously not like the Eels team too, but they're probably the ones I'm going to watch the most.
Speaker 2: Just a special mention to Julia Robertson. She's a maniac. Yeah, she's a maniac, Absolutely maniac. That girl maniac and it's you know.
Speaker 4: It's rough watch it like I obviously be female. Get I'm just wincing when I watch the game like the girls, because.
Speaker 2: I just like.
Speaker 4: It's just that technic.
Speaker 2: Tell me, tell me your your thoughts on Olivia. I like her.
Speaker 1: She's a last year Delium winner and she just rocks. Did you like Jasmine Stranger in the background.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think, I think, because who's who's the top of my head, it got prints and coaches the girls.
Speaker 2: No, no, oh yeah, Scot Princes coaches coach your girls.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, he's got a he's got a really good like obviously, looking at both teams, but I'm always Broncos bias. I think whatever they've done in the Roosters, they've made a very good team. Obviously they won the premiership last year for the Broncos. Because the ladder is pretty this this will be.
Speaker 2: The great one. But sure the other teams are so far far away.
Speaker 4: M m yeah, no, it's it's good. But I just as winterlo rushed the boy love watching.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 4: It was really pretty.
Speaker 1: You know what, cast cast your eyes on the Paramatta team and uh my, my my favorite player, Abby Church.
Speaker 4: Have a look at her this week, Abby Church, I love in South Wales.
Speaker 1: Yeah she does, yeah yourself, she she rocks And uh like I said that went to camera and they and they put on forty six points and I actually think they might actually make the semifinals.
Speaker 2: Paramount.
Speaker 4: But that's what I was saying in terms of a lineup. Don't kill me Mick. But you know the girls, the Eels girls played Camera forty six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they come on, they me, they're good. They're good girls, they're great.
Speaker 4: And Dragons beat Bulldogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I know, but you know what, the Dragons they're probably the third best team.
Speaker 4: Well they're on the Eels and then Cowboys Beach, so it's almost Titan's Big Tigers. It's a bit of a vessel. We need to have inter gender games.
Speaker 2: The St. Georgia got a girl called tagan Berry. She she's she's equivalent. If not, she's younger, but she will be like to make her up them one day.
Speaker 4: I think when I was I think is when I was watching The Queen the Women's State of Origin, Like I was watching all the players, and obviously I did my research into what teams are from obviously again following World Broncos. But there's some really decent players in the women's.
Speaker 2: Well they talk about growth, and the growth is in the women's game, not the men's game.
Speaker 1: But I enjoyed watching that. There was a smash up Dooby on on the on the Bulldogs Nicola. What I like about the Bulldogs They've got some x X Canoy players like DIMIs daughter like Millard Millard's Millard's daughter.
Speaker 2: And it's nice. It's nice when you say the daughters of the sons of the daughters of coming through.
Speaker 1: It's nice. It makes you makes you think how old you are. But I like throwing my eye and you know what they want something funny. They played that grind the physical style. It's like it's like the whole club plays the same way. It's interesting. But the next time Bronco girls play the Russ's game throw throw your eye on it.
Speaker 2: You might actually be entertained. You might actually be entertained. This fun stuff. Yeah, and that and Nicola, that's that's that's me for this week. That's me for this one. Well, I might as well take the what do you call it? The empty strike? Keep your eyes on all socials this weekend. There will be of tenure and myself and one of us, well actually probably both of us. We'll be wearing the Marones gear and right, you haven't you know, having a change of hard No, no, how did you think? So? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I found about because I usually buy a jersey every year, so I think I've got about twelve with my cupboard.
Speaker 2: Well, I won't fit into your journey.
Speaker 4: I've got I've got three framed Marones. I've got my JT one here. I'll have to put them up on the wall. I actually had the twenty sixteen framed Queensland one that way want because it was a year that money was born. So it's got like the ball cut out and the signature and stuff. You might hold that, Nick, I'll get you to balance the other one.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I met your backing course. I can't argue with any I'm just gonna get up there and get habits. And then the book ended with the game itself.
Speaker 1: So the next week talk will be Nicolas and Nicola and Tea's trip to sun Corps Stadium next week. The first part they'll be there will be controversy. Then Park there'll be the controversy part of it. I want to tell you if you have you got a story of a song that means something to you before, just before you think of that. I wanna tomorrow and not. I think Nicola told me I want to wish the Italian ladies soccer team. They're playing a semi final against the Big Bad No that about tomorrow. I think that was tomorrow. I want I wanted to wish the girls luck there. They're playing the big bad English team, so full luck to them. On the other side is the world champions, the Spanish team. So who they're playing. They're playing the Netherlands. Oh no, they playing Germany. Sorry, Germany's same thing.
Speaker 2: Germany the hardcore English sort of bully team against absolutely technical. So if we get Italy and Spain in, it will be like technical city. I don't know how that looks like, but they'll be technical ball around. I don't know. I'm to see if I can watch it, if it's if those two teams get in, because maybe I can learn something. But I'll give you a stat. In the men's Germany have never beaten Italy in a World Cup match. Really. In fact, they've only ever beat in Italy once drawn. They've only ever beaten Italy once in a competitive match ever, and that was a penalty shootout in twenty sixteen Euros twenty sixteen. We've played in World Cup finals, semi finals, European Cup semi finals, you name it. That's interesting. The only time in history they've ever beaten it is one time on a penalty shooter. Is there some sort of style stylistic issue es mentally obvious. Yeah, okay, what do you got for me to to wrap up the pod?
Speaker 4: So I like to listen to a lot of old school music, and I was I heard so I sound contankerously. We were driving up to Brism and we just had the music kind of rolling through and it was on a mix and I heard the remix of a song and I was like, God, that sounds so familiar, and said to Gray, I was like, I'll just chuck the lyrics into Google because I feel like I know the voice of the person and you guys should know this song. And I've just been playing on repeat since it's amazing. But there were so many remixes of this song that and like I couldn't find the original person because I had this particular you know when you just know the sound. Anyway, do you guys remember Synick from the two thousands? You'll know it. I'll say that song. It feels so good to sing it. Yeah. No, when when she's like no, I'm going to send it to you can plain at the end.
Speaker 2: I have to hear it.
Speaker 4: But it's just one of those it just takes me back right, Like there's a lot of the music now and obviously your son George, she's getting very successful to doing the music VIDs and and everything else. But I the lyrics and everything else, like now it's just not you don't have the same as what it used to be back then. And there was stories behind it because I was reading into her like she was in the top, like she was number one in the UK for like I don't know, four weeks or something for this song, and it's just one of those ones, you know, it just takes you back. It's like a smell or it's like a yeah, and it just it probably isn't your flavor, but you should remember it because it was.
Speaker 1: I sort of I can't remember the song, but I remember the young girl, curly hair, dark dark kin.
Speaker 2: I remember the song the video when I hear ye talking to the street and.
Speaker 4: She's just and I love. It's like I like discovering or rediscovering, you know, parts of myself right like especially as parents or whatever, we don't never have time to do that. And it just reminds me of you know, like, what was it two thousands, I would have been like starting my first job. I think I was working at macas or something. That second job, and you know, my brother would have been driving me to work and we would have been playing it. And you remember the Wild CDs.
Speaker 2: And when they kicked off in ninety five. The thing about those songs is that when I hear those songs, I know where I was, where we were, and where we were hanging out and who is Yeah, it looks like a photo album and we knew each club were in when what year it was.
Speaker 4: It's funny two guys and we can chuck it on the end to me, should you remember it?
Speaker 2: I'm sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah, those pep up songs. It's been a repeat like all week with my Other option was to play kids one that you know, It's a little Bit Girl because I convince the boys to watch her GIRLEYE cartoon with me for the first time ever. I love it or what Yeah, I was like, oh, she's pretty, and I'm like, Okay, this is how I'm going to string you into listening watching girls shows with me.
Speaker 2: It works. When I was little, like really little, at a crush on Betty from the Flint Starts, everybody has everyone had a crush on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my my brother, Nicholl's brother had a crush on more more Sha Adams, Is that right that.
Speaker 2: I loved Adams family? Also the name right? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah? But which which one? It would have been the original.
Speaker 2: One, the original one, yeah yeah, the black and white one, yeah, haunting, haunting, Yeah, say to me now. My crush was on Barbara. I dream of Jennie, which everyone loved. I read the order bouve if it's so good, I actually got in my car so good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah good, Yeah, I should bring it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I will, I will. Hmmm already, Well that wraps us up, going back to be weech and I dream of Genie. We've gone tonight, you guys. Yeah, that's a rap, that's a rap. It's been a long one. Two hours minutes.
Speaker 4: I missed us last week.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh, have a good week everyone, obviously, Tenure, I will see you in less than forty eight hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just at the airport. Just look for the sign that says very and then you on a billboard.
Speaker 2: Perish. I'm missing it already to you, I'm jealous. Already, Have a great week, everyone, and we'll catch you all on the rebounds next week. Hope you rug.
Speaker 6: You always smile when I'm feeling down. You getting such a vibe. I just totally gonna find it's not the way you walk and the way you talk. It ain't the job you got that gives me satisfied.
Speaker 11: Takes me the case man.
Speaker 6: Going you want stand County DEEPENSA.
Speaker 4: Oh shame?
Speaker 6: What deal is in my heart?
Speaker 11: To champlained Casement.
Speaker 14: Champa Satanic a casement, Jason Champlin, che sorry Satanic
Speaker 11: The Casement