Speaker 1: Hey everybody, it's Monday, November eighteenth, twenty twenty four. If you're listening live right now on Monday, you can pause this now and listen to this tomorrow and I'll say the intro for tomorrow. Hey everybody, it's Tuesday, November nineteenth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode eight hundred and sixty seven, powered by N sixty. I am your host, jan Ochoa, powered by carneos out of Burritos, diet Cokes, and a little bit of hot sauce I still had in the fridge joining me. Co Captain of the Ship is on vacation, so get the hell out of here, Grub, you better not be listening to this. Go spend time with your gosh darn family. And we had to split the co captain hat into four equal pieces for these four lovely people, we got the warheads man. He hit fun Factor through the roof. Dan REICHERT, Hello, that's me.
Speaker 2: I was hoping to do a podcast about video games. It's been a while. It's been a.
Speaker 1: While, just like it's been a while since I have seen the bad boy of games media from games Beat by Mannadi.
Speaker 3: I checked in my piece of the co captain hat is actually a little bit bigger than everyone else's.
Speaker 4: Oh well, its feet underneath it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's getting ready to walk away. Speaking about bad boys, he's to the bone and he's revving up his engines.
Speaker 3: We've got days.
Speaker 4: It's November eleventh, jan What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Earlier this morning, I was very confused and freaked out. For a hot second, I thought I finally figured out time travel on accident.
Speaker 4: You know, sometimes you look at the calendar wrong, right man?
Speaker 1: Speaking about time travel, We've got the youngest, the oldest, the hippest, the coolest person, that giant bomb.
Speaker 3: We've got Nikki Grace.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 5: I have no idea where the video Ninja tab is closing both of my browser windows, but somehow it's still working.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, because you're podcasting from either the future or the past. How's everyone doing on this fine Monday afternoon?
Speaker 3: Get cold? It's cold? All right? Hang on?
Speaker 1: Hang on, Nikki, Well it's sixty one degrees right now.
Speaker 5: You can go shit Jesus when I woke up, and when I woke up it was forty four.
Speaker 4: Oh no, okay, you know what, Actually.
Speaker 1: It's pretty chilly for me over here to y'all. Yeah, what's it like fifty six?
Speaker 2: Go fuck yourself?
Speaker 5: Breezy chilly.
Speaker 4: I will say it's almost that here today, which is kind of messed up that that we're almost in terms of do you.
Speaker 1: Think the climate's changing?
Speaker 3: That would never happen.
Speaker 4: Hey, everyone, Sean here from the editing day. Jan had a lot of audio issues at this point in the podcast. So while that was happening, me, Dan, Mike, and Nikky just continued the bance for an excessively long time. So I'm going to put all that at the end of the show if you want to catch it. And right now we're going to cut directly to the news.
Speaker 1: Uh everyone, we're gonna do things differently since it's Monday. We're gonna start with the news. I was so scared to press that button. Yeah, my butt was clutched.
Speaker 2: She pulled us into a phantom zone where we could look at your live face and yell at you, but you couldn't hear us.
Speaker 3: We couldn't hear us. That's that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, that's that's my worst nightmare, actually knowing that people are watching me and not knowing that people are watching.
Speaker 2: You're live, you can't communicate it with anyone, and never Wane's yelling at you this nightmare.
Speaker 3: Uh, folks.
Speaker 1: First news story today, I'm gonna try and pull up the headlines as I'm talking. But the Game Awards had announced that DLC expansions, et cetera may be nominated this year. During the Game Awards, Jeff Keey put this in a statement, saying, the Game Awards aims to recognize the best creative and technical work each year, irrespective of the format of that Contents, released expansion packs, new game seasons, DLC's remakes and remasters are eligible in all categories.
Speaker 3: Worries.
Speaker 1: If the jury deems new creative and technical work to be worthy of nomination, factors such as the newness of the content and its price slash value should be taken into consideration. So here's my podium. I'm going to say that we should just nominate No Man Sky for every single category, including Best Mobile and Best Sports person.
Speaker 2: This is the year we can make Vampire Survivors game of the Year.
Speaker 1: Finally, I guess so yeah, I deserved.
Speaker 4: They did put out a d l C.
Speaker 2: I think a couple contract and Castlevania two canonic properties that within a while, I would have.
Speaker 5: Just been easier to make a category called best DLC slash.
Speaker 2: Though, because then it's like, are you putting Shadow of the Tree against like a downloadable fighter? You know, It's like it's you know.
Speaker 4: Sure are Yeah, you go get good if you want to compete with.
Speaker 2: Versus Tree.
Speaker 3: Even within fighting games though, like Mortal Kombat one had like a straight up expansion. Also, there were enough expansions size things to do that this year between Er Tree, Protasy fourteen and World of Workout that expansions well or an expansion.
Speaker 4: I really really view the MMO expansions as their own thing, because especially Final Fantasy, because they just make a new game and then fourteen is just the content delivery service for that game. It's I think it's very different than just adding a new area to the single player game. I don't know, it's sad what we were talking about. Yeah, it gets fuzzy, but like how we were talking about this morning, I think it's a vibes's thing, you know, and the vibe of Shawy or Tree, regardless of quality, is a DLC. It is an add on for the game.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: Dawn Trail on the other hand, for Final Fantasy fourteen, people like even let's say, even Dan, Dan, you've if you've heard people talk about Fantasy fourteen, Dawn Trail is.
Speaker 2: The only person I know that's ever talked about this game. I don't think it's not for six years.
Speaker 4: Hang on, hang on. But when someone says that to you, you do not kind of think of it as like its own thing rather than like someone.
Speaker 2: Says Final Fantasy anything to me, my brain shuts off for the most.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you're not getting out here.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was hoping to go for the noormy, but I'm like, now, he like wraps around so hard that it's an interesting bell curve.
Speaker 2: You bring up tactics, and I'm listening.
Speaker 3: I think that, look, sure, DLC expansions that can be eligible, whatever, anything can be eligible. I don't know. I don't know if that necessarily means that we should let it win. I think it's a little bit of me. That's the point. That's the point I think a lot of us are trying to make though. That's why it just shouldn't be eligible because well, we're gonna we're gonna have Eldon Ring win another game.
Speaker 4: Awards. No, probably not, so, then why even nominate it?
Speaker 3: I mean, got its flowers already, it goes out more than enough of them, and I like shallow or tree a lot. You need to find some way to recognize that. I you know, I think that's fine. But in the Game of the Year slot specifically, it seems like a little.
Speaker 4: It just feels like a bad But there's so many our categories you could either already have and then slot it into or just make a new categor.
Speaker 2: Can I just bring up that Sean called me a normy, so that by default makes Mike the weird one.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you got I.
Speaker 1: Think you weren't part of the normy.
Speaker 4: I said with what Kayla said, Mike is weirder, you are dumber.
Speaker 3: But I also always agreed with it. Don't worry, Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Thinking about the t GAS, the Game Awards had announced the nominees for this year's slate of awards. I'm going to start from the very bottom that E G I g N has announced this list, So we're gonna save the Game of the Year in the big big awards for the very end. Here gents, friends, Best Esports Team, Billy Billy Gaming, Jen g Navvy, T one and Team Liquid. Who do we think is taking I think it's gonna Team.
Speaker 5: Liquids gotta take it. This year they had a great year Call Duty three and Halo six and Mario Party. Their teams really showed out and showed hard this year.
Speaker 3: Whatever, okay, okay, three.
Speaker 4: Sports category they have best Esports Team, Best Esports player, and is it still best Esports coach? Or is a game now?
Speaker 3: I don't see.
Speaker 4: Oh it's yeah, it's esports games.
Speaker 5: They switched it to a game.
Speaker 3: It feels like it's just all left over from like that same era when the Overwatch League was launching, off esports were like gonna really take over. Here's my scheme.
Speaker 1: I don't think any of these esports teams necessarily have to win things. So what if we just make ourselves an esports team and even if we don't want to win anything, the vibes are so immaculate that we will win people's hearts. We need to intro video. Yeah, okay, that's what we're for sure doing this year. We have to do that. Yeah, we're doing that this year. Yes, I'm going to make a calendar invite after this for best Esports game, we have DODA to Counter Strike two, League of Legends Valorant in Mobile Legends Bang Bang.
Speaker 5: So I said that Mobile Legends Bang Bang was fake, and then John Drake said, actually, there's Star Wars stuff in there, so it is real enough for Disney to acknowledge.
Speaker 2: How many meetings do you think John Drake has been in? We're on the Google calendar thing. It says Mobile Legends Bang Bang a lot descriptor at.
Speaker 3: Least from a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as far as we can tell, it's just some mobile on your face.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I played thirty seconds of it. I played it for as long as Dan played Metaphor, and I realize that it's not for me.
Speaker 2: So that's a validated to approach a game. Yeah, so why don't you do that the third Well I did twelve minutes. That's a lot longer than thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: Well, Dan, if the game is called Metaphor Bang Bang, would you, like, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, it would give like a plus twenty percent chance to me, Like, I'll give it more of a shot, okay, just because I get to say it more than Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you know how like Persona games will re release a year or two later with like an r what if there is going to be metaphor refantasio bang bang, then that's when I do.
Speaker 2: The desk randing flip on it, and then suddenly I love it.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah folk, Yeah, yeah, we're all playing the long game here.
Speaker 2: I kind of had that this weekend. People showed I was, you know, scoffing, like, oh the bad guys are the humans whoa crazy deep? But no, then somebody showed me what the humans actually look like during the fire Escape Game of the Year bank and I was like, well, that's fucked up and cool.
Speaker 4: So yeah, hey, hey, Dan, did anyone has anyone bothered to give you the context for that line that you hate so much?
Speaker 3: You did you did before?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, the thing where I'm intentionally not uh don't we don't have to do this?
Speaker 3: Okay, greater the year we have? Case? Oh case you sure?
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter, It doesn't just want matter. Do you want to go through the rest of the list. Yeah, techno gamers, typical gamer and usada pecora.
Speaker 2: It's weirde.
Speaker 4: The only person on this list I know is the YouTuber which one is that?
Speaker 3: The last one?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: And I don't even know what she does. I just I've seen that name.
Speaker 2: If we pulled all of our experience and talents and everything together for you know, years, if needed, do you think we could make Mike Manatti the content creator of the year. I had a whole team behind him, like a campaign team for an election, like like looking up data, analyzing the best ways to do it, the stuff he's got to play, Like, we totally get behind him. Could we make that?
Speaker 1: We could make the million dollars Manati million dollar mint the marginalized groups he has to disenfranchise. Well, I think if we.
Speaker 5: Do it, I think it's possible.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you all know this, but these are all voted on by games media people, So a million dollar campaign could literally just be a million dollar campaign. You know.
Speaker 1: I also voted for.
Speaker 2: The game words and can you guess what sections I left blank?
Speaker 1: So maybe it doesn't take that much. Maybe we just convince our friends in the industry.
Speaker 5: Does this happened because people don't know who any content creators are?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 1: It's actually a situation where it's like six people voted for whoever.
Speaker 5: The typical gamer is.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, so we just need to do a rallying thing. We know people, right, can everyone behind Mike Manatti like, Hey.
Speaker 1: Kitt and Krista, what do you think about nominated man? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Seeking Out?
Speaker 1: Hey do you want to nominate someone?
Speaker 3: Who is it you? Where's backs a million? Dude?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Where's Max? Where's say Jam? Where's like?
Speaker 3: What's his face? The other bald man?
Speaker 1: And the people.
Speaker 3: Either different?
Speaker 2: We have our video game nerd on there.
Speaker 3: Why not are Kanye Fallout?
Speaker 1: Kanye knuckles knuckles like a dragon Yakuza and then tomb Raider the Legend of Laura.
Speaker 3: It really up by not doing knuckles at the end so they could says, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: The Fallout was a very good TV show. Yeah you don't. I feel like Arcane has picked up a lot of heat. But people don't like this.
Speaker 5: People don't. People, and by people, I mean three people including Natalie Flores, says that Arcane Season two is poorly paced.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, Well then that's pretty damning to me.
Speaker 1: Best multiplayer game Call of Duty Black Op six, Yeah, Hell Divers too, Super Mario Party Jamboree ten eight, Warhammer forty K, Space Marine two.
Speaker 3: There's some good contenders here. I think Hell Divers, who might have this one? It's kind of the most interesting multiplayer game in a lot of ways, right.
Speaker 2: I could see Black Ops winning Held Divers.
Speaker 3: Only fell off, like if the Game Awards happened like a couple months after Hell Divers who came out. It may have been nominated for a Game of the Year. It was really intense there for a bit. But you're right, fall off a bit. But still, this is the category where I think it has the best chance to do well.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised Space Marine two got nominated and put here. I mean, yeah, what's fun? I do miss myself a Space Marine Monday.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's like the token co op game, you know, I guess outside of Hell Divers.
Speaker 1: But Dan, do you see any possibility of this Mario party taking multiplayer game?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, not against Call of Duty and Hell Divers?
Speaker 3: No way?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, sean likelihood of Teken eight may be winning this. No, okay, all right, Best Sports slash Racing Game F one twenty four, EA, Sports Football Club twenty five, NBA two K twenty five, Top Spin two K twenty five, WW two K twenty four.
Speaker 5: Actually shocked at this category because I don't understand how college football was not nominated.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that the one that, like a lot of that' sold Gangbusters.
Speaker 5: Right, Yes, yeah, it sold a lot. People liked it.
Speaker 1: Now did it fall off for sure, But it was better than F one twenty four. Like this year's F one game was awful. They changed they changed this year in F one twenty four they changed the way that the tires interact with the ground and it all the cars slipped and slot slid, slipped and slid.
Speaker 5: For a really long time. The friction is just wrong on the ways that the cars interact with the floor.
Speaker 4: Well, so I'm willing to bet that a lot of people who voted for these games didn't play any of.
Speaker 1: Them playing so that I thought the wrestling one was and maybe that's why the wrestling one came came up on this one. Best SIM slasht ategy game Frost Punk two, Age of Mythology retold Kunitsugami, Path of the Goddess, Manner Lords, and Unicorn Overlord. Yeah, this is a fun one. I'm happy to see Kunisugami make this list.
Speaker 5: I hadn't seen the logo for Unicorn Overlord before this, and that logo goes so fucking hard, it's so cool.
Speaker 1: I'd really like to see Unicorn Overlord win this.
Speaker 3: It's a possibility.
Speaker 1: Nice Best Family Game, Princess Pete Showtime, Astrobot, Super Mario Party Jamboree, Legend of Zelda, Echoes of Wisdom, and the Plucky Squire.
Speaker 2: Plucky Squire denominated.
Speaker 3: Somewhere.
Speaker 5: This is tough though, right because usually this is the Nintendo category, but astro about has to win it. But then you look at the rest of the slate, and does that mean Nintendo is gonna walk away empty handed this year?
Speaker 3: It's all you're for an intend I mean, this might be the first year in a long time, not to jump the gun, that Nintendo doesn't have a game nominated for Game of the Year, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, I asked Roger get this.
Speaker 3: I guess yeah.
Speaker 1: I think Astrobot would get this. Princess Pete Show Time. Not enough on the bone there, Super Mario Party Jamboree. Dan, you weren't as high on this one, and I consider you a good barometer for Mario Party good.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, a lot of people did. I think that one does have a chance. A lot of people did like it. Echoes of Wisdom.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I see too many little gimmicks picking it up, especially.
Speaker 3: For this category. That one does almost feel like it just got in because it's the Nintendo category. I don't know what about it is specifically so family ish.
Speaker 4: Like it's cute. I'll give it that. And it is kind of fun to, like, you know, place the beds everywhere. I could see like grubs kids having fun just placing random crap all over the place. So maybe.
Speaker 1: Moving on to best Fighting Game, Grand Blue Fantasy Versus Rising, Dragon Ball, Sparking Zero, Marvel Versus Capcom Fighting Collection, Arcade Classics, Multi Versus and Teken eight.
Speaker 4: This was all right, Yeah, because techn eatees go win like it's not even a contrast.
Speaker 3: Amazing though, if the Mars is capt Collection one, I would love that.
Speaker 4: Well, if history is a indication, the thing that may overtake it is multi versus apparently.
Speaker 3: But right, that's not winning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, surprising to see multiverses nominated.
Speaker 2: Well shut down, Yeah, he came back, turned it off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the original release was its beta release, and I don't not why anyone says that was a beta and now it's officially back one point zero.
Speaker 1: Well, you know how many fightings? Which of these fighting games has Lebron James just one.
Speaker 4: Shoot, unless you count my really good creative character in techn eight. You can make those look like anything you want, and they're not as good as Leonos if I were. We customize everything on a creat a character, but you can make people look like where we want tekena.
Speaker 1: You know, Parada put Lebron James in Teken eight.
Speaker 3: I'd buy that.
Speaker 1: Best RPG I forgot.
Speaker 3: This came out this year.
Speaker 1: Dragons Dogma two, The Golden Ring, Shadow of the Urd Tree, Final Fantasy seven, Rebirth Like a Dragon, Infante, Wealth and Metaphor Refantasio.
Speaker 3: One of the stronger candy goes. You're right about Dragons Dogma two, which got reviewed really well. It feels like, yeah, fell off super hard. This is its only nomination in the entire list, and I don't necessarily disagree with that, but it is like, I mean, it was such a good year for rbgs that you know they even are things missing here. Persona three Relo got no love. I think a lot of people were just like, well, we got metaphor in there, so and that's probably gonna win. So why even bother with Persona? But that's too bad? Is I liked that?
Speaker 4: Remake a Lot Yeah, it doesn't matter that it's a remake. It's just a phenomenal game. It's just like you know, Silent Hill too. Maybe it's on here, but maybe deserving a little bit more recognition because of how they nailed it. And Otam was talking about that over on Blue Sky of just you know, the whole remake thing is silly how we like group those games off in our heads. Sometimes I feel like Persona getting snubbed here is a result of that. Also, it's really really messed up if elden Ring beats out all these games for RB likely War. Yeah, that's why it just feels weird and growing.
Speaker 3: Like especially like, yes, it's an RPG, but it's like, you know, it's like it's not IT'SPG the way that the other ones are.
Speaker 4: It is not an RPG that came on twenty twenty four. That's that's just why it's weird.
Speaker 1: I'm noticing no Dragon Age the Veil Guard in this category.
Speaker 3: I just didn't get a Lot one. Maybe it didn't hit quite as hard, but two timing was maybe a little bit not on inside.
Speaker 4: That's always a problem with doing uh, you know, Awards show. In the beginning of December, but.
Speaker 5: October it should shift. It'd be during the BAFTA window when the window because the BAFTA window is later, right, Because I think the BAFTAs aren't until like February.
Speaker 4: Question Mark and a lot of people say.
Speaker 5: Should do it January to January, so then if your game comes out in December, it still counts in the window. So then the awards aren't until oh March says like, yeah, which is even better because then you have a full calendar year plus time to play all of the things.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the mess up thing is that anything that comes out late November or early December is just automatically going to forget last.
Speaker 3: Year's December games that we were supposed to remember to consider for the right we forgot. Yeah, right out.
Speaker 4: No, it's it's rare cases, Like why I think Smash Ultimate came out in December. I want to say it's like that one was on the list for the next year or something like that. There there are notable examples, but yeah, it's just weird.
Speaker 1: Moving on to best action adventure game, we have Astrobot. No, it's not an action adventure game, that's the problem.
Speaker 4: Okay, sorry, Jan.
Speaker 3: It's a game with where anything that's more action and movement focused. I guess it goes here true.
Speaker 1: Prince of Persia, of the Lost Crown, Silent Hill to Star Wars, Outlaws and the Legend of Zelda Echoes of Wisdom.
Speaker 2: This is astronaut. I mean, Prince of Persia is right up there.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'd like to see Prince of Persia win it here just because it's not nominated for much else. It'd be cool if it got this one, but probably astrobot.
Speaker 4: Category. All Okay, it's just not aventure game.
Speaker 1: Look at your world where Silent Hill too could get it.
Speaker 3: That's not one way I want to see it get some love. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like there's action adventure game and there's best action game, and looking at the list, I feel like the difference is like action game has guns and swords, an action adventure doesn't. But other than that it can kind of be the same.
Speaker 4: What what the difference is supposed to be? And I give rub crap all the time because it's very very clear delineation where action is double may cry, action adventure is uncharted. You picture those two things very distinctly and clearly in your mind, and that's what those things are grouped into those two categories, but with the Game Awards, there's so many that you don't have the spoke categories for, so they get bumped into here.
Speaker 2: I mean in my head, like you know, back in the day, like action adventure, the prototypical one for that was like a Zelda.
Speaker 3: You know, That's how I thought about it too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, back in the day, they're like solving some puzzles, doing a little bit of exploration. Combat is there, but not necessarily a focus, and then action is combat is the focus and maybe go off to a branch path.
Speaker 3: I think that's it. It's just yeah, action combat is like entirely a focused action adventure. There's traversal or some puzzles or some other things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, speaking about action, we have Best Action Game with Black Myth, Wokong, Waking, Waking, Waking, Call of Duty, Black Op six, Held Divers two, Stellar Blade, and then Warhammer forty K Space. In my write and two, I hope Black Myth wins this one so it doesn't win Game of the Year. Mmmmm.
Speaker 5: I'm just I am so emotionally prepared for Blackmith who coung to win one of these?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that much juice I've been meaning to play it, like, but I felt like I heard so much like it don't.
Speaker 5: Think it has juice, but I think it will win one of them. Yeah, yeah, that's the bone feeling I have.
Speaker 1: Best VR AR Game Arizona Sunshine remake as Guard's Wrath to Batman, Arkham, Shadow Metal Hell Singer VR, Metro Awakening Batman. If anyone missed Grub and Dance VR last week, go back and check that out. Tiber best Mobile game or no a f K Journey, Blatro, Pokemon Trading Card Game, Pocket, Wuering Waves, and then Zendless Zone Zero Lotro.
Speaker 3: Right, it's.
Speaker 5: On the list, but best, but it's also not the best mobile game. Like I agree with you because Pokemon TCG Pocket is actually the best mobile.
Speaker 4: Game so made for mobile, made for like one handed use while you're in line at McDonald's or whatever, whereas Bilatro is a better game. But it's also like Landscape mode and kind of have to.
Speaker 5: Also it did not it was not ideated for mobile, right, like, yeah, it came out on other stuff and then was poureded to mobile and now he has placed into this either of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no for sure, but yeah, I think there's also a world where Zendals Zone zero could walk.
Speaker 3: Away with it.
Speaker 4: That's so weird to think about because at this point me Judeo games are just full blown console games that also happen to be on phones.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: It's like it's like Fortnite getting Best Mobile Game. Like, yeah, I guess, but I feel it doesn't feel in the spirit.
Speaker 1: I think we underestimate the size of that casual audience that has abandoned the console market and only plays games mobile.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm well aware. I remind you guys of it all.
Speaker 1: The time, people that only play mobile Legends Bang Bang and then lazone zero.
Speaker 5: How did Mobile Legends Bang Bang not get nominated for Best Mobile Game.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's not the best mobile game, but esports wise, the scene is hot, all right, I have my microphone like that. I was only terrified I wasn't actually recording.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't worry, it wouldn't be the worst thing that I could have just wait till I talked again. I was like, I gotta start smacking my microphone right now. Best debut indie game Ballotro Animal well Manor Lords Specific Drive and The Plucky Squire.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was impressive yes.
Speaker 4: I so messed up that thousand times resist asn't on that list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's nuts, Dan, I know you're upset. We'll move.
Speaker 3: I know I know the best.
Speaker 1: Independent billion that damn.
Speaker 3: What do you think about the Plucky Squire though? Oh boy? I told us that, please help never mind.
Speaker 2: I was surprised by how angry I was about it when I started talking about it during fires.
Speaker 1: I hate that.
Speaker 4: Both were just like not happy with that.
Speaker 2: It seemed like it was for me. It seemed like my type of game, and they fucked it up so bad.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we'll speed up a couple of these best independent game Animal wel Billatro, Laura and the Laser Eyes never and UFO fifty.
Speaker 5: Seems like a they'll split it so like Animal Well is going to win. One of these is going to win the other one, and then.
Speaker 2: I would like to see UFO get something here, but that would got some heavy.
Speaker 3: Laura, I also deserve some love. It does.
Speaker 1: Best community support boulders Gate three, Final Fantasy ZEV Fortnite Hell Divers to No Man's Sky. Sure yeah, ongoing game Deblo Diablo, I've Final Fantasy ZEV Fortnite Hell Divers to Okay, Games for Impact, Closer to the Distance, Indica Never Life is Strange, Double Exposure, Sent You with Saga hell Blade to Really Tales of Kenzara.
Speaker 3: That's about.
Speaker 4: Ye my mental health.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Innovation and Accessibility, Call of Duty, Black Op six, Diablo or Dragon Age, The Vailguard, princip Persia, The Lost Crown, and Star Wars Outlaws Well Game of the Year Part two, Best Performance Hannah tl Life is Strange, Double Exposure, Breonna White, Final Fantasy seven Rebirth Humberly Gonzales, uh, Star Wars Outlaws, Luke Roberts, Silent Hill two, Melina Jurgen's Send You with Saga hell Blade Too.
Speaker 3: This is actually the category that has made me the most angry.
Speaker 1: Yes, go off, believe taking off, though I.
Speaker 3: Can't believe a single person from Metaphor didn't make make it on here. I think that Metaphor has the probably the best voice acting in a video game I have ever heard. And maybe that's the problem because the entire cast is so good that maybe everybody was just nominating different people from the cast, But god, we really should have all got behind his may So that was so freaking it's amazing.
Speaker 4: Kind of remarkable how actually on typical anime, the voice acting is in metaphor. They kind of do just sound like regular ass people doing a good job voice acting. They're not leaning way too hard into it.
Speaker 3: In fact, I'm bess saying look normally, hey, do what you gotta do. I see NATS will probably might people like, oh I picked Japanese, I just picked audio. I think you made a mistake this time. I think the voice acting in English is just so amazing that that is absolutely the way to go in this one. So that one was a bit of a barm me. I wonder it's because it's not mo cap and so many people all these other ones seems like they're probably no cap performances, and we give more gravity to that. I just don't care.
Speaker 1: The category is best Performance, so that, yeah, I guess kind of makes sense there, Best Audio Design, Astrobot, Call of Duty, Black Ops six, Final Fantasy seven, Rebirth send you a Saga hell Blade two.
Speaker 5: It can't be Call of Duty because I have never played that game with this sound on.
Speaker 2: Okay, why to be Call of Duty?
Speaker 4: They actually do have a really good three D sound.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can pick out.
Speaker 4: Interesting, yeah, but I feel like Call of Duty gets it a lot as well, So I mean, whatever.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing that makes sense to give credit to hell Blade for it's audio design.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Silent Hill two was really good here to actually just have the little sounds and whatnot that happens you're walking around, very very effective Rebirth.
Speaker 4: It feels like an odd one out here.
Speaker 3: Music your audio design, you see you think of its music, So.
Speaker 1: I guess, but the very Jane, what's the next category best scoring music? Astrobot, Final Fantasy seven, Rebirth, metaphor, Refantasio, Sold Hill two Andsllar Blade. I don't remember a lot of Stellar Blades's music.
Speaker 2: I ever think the music was good and selling.
Speaker 4: No, Stellar Blade has just an awesome soundtrack. Yeah, Like it's a little sparse, but when it kicks in, it's very good.
Speaker 3: You Rebirth there on that one. Probably you know. Astrobot has good music, but it wasn't as great as maybe I would have hoped for, Like Astro's playroom was just I think the music is better, a bit more filler here, Sean.
Speaker 1: This was one of your like deltas with Astrobot, right, like the music just not being as spectacular, and I think I felt that way so yeah, you do get a little more variety as the game goes on, but still does because they're going for that very electronic sound the whole time. It kind of started to blend together for me within the first couple of worlds and didn't. Yeah, I don't think it's quite stuck the landing there. Silent Hill too, I haven't played that.
Speaker 4: Does that sound.
Speaker 3: It had? It had very good music. I think actually this the audio design does stand out to me more than the score specifically.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, best art direction, Astrobot, black Myth, Moo Kong, Elden Ring, shot of the Tree, metaphor, Refantasio, and never.
Speaker 2: Will win probably.
Speaker 1: I think metaphor gets this.
Speaker 3: Those menus are so many.
Speaker 2: Recently, but I don't know how many people play.
Speaker 4: That same metaphor, Dan, I wanted to come out of your mouth. Metaphor should win that one.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I saw the tweet from the game words metapahor.
Speaker 1: Closing in in the last couple of categories, Friends, best narrative, I don't Fantasy seven, Rebirth like a Dragon, infinite Wealth, metaphor, Refantasio, send you a saga Hillblay two, Silent Hill two like a Dragon. I would love like a dragon win. I don't think it will against rebirth and Refantasio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think is a better chance than rebirths, especially since rebirths ending is so controversial for people. Yeah two is a very good story, but like that, you know, that's one place where being a remake is like, well that's that game's narrative again, So maybe that hurts it there. I don't know. I think metaphor probably a front runner.
Speaker 1: I feel bad saying that. I don't want Senya Saga Hill Play two to win, but I think this could be one of those like alubs here of like.
Speaker 3: Oh, here you go.
Speaker 1: You guys have this just because haven't they been at every Kieley thing like the last.
Speaker 3: They had the music performance last year to promote the game coming out.
Speaker 2: Here nominated an awful lot here despite being a bad video game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like a lot of nominations.
Speaker 3: Some people are even thinking about that game since it came out right, Like it doesn't come up phil No.
Speaker 1: Best last two categories here, Best Game Direction, Astrobot, Balatro, Black Myth, Wukong Elden Ring, Shot of the Er Tree metaphors or Final Fantasy seven rebirth metaphor refin.
Speaker 4: Jane Can you also read the next category.
Speaker 1: Game of the Year, Astrobot, Bollatro, Blackmith, Mukong, Eldon, Rings, Out of the Tree, Final Fantasy seven, Rebirth, and metaphor Refantastic.
Speaker 4: Why do we have these two categories?
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess there's Best Director and Best Picture at the Oscars. You know it's actually not the.
Speaker 4: Exactly though, but at the Oscars. Yeah, yeah, I uh.
Speaker 1: I don't feel good about these mostly for like that distinction of like, shouldn't best direction win Best Game of the Year, because then you're just conflating and just like confusing both categories the more you dig deep into it, I f game direction, Which who were we polling for?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: That's well, that's kind of the problem here is if people don't know the difference, Like as much as it sucks to take away recognition, maybe we just don't let the people who don't know the difference make that decision. I don't know, it just feels weird to me.
Speaker 1: Game direction I could see Astrobot. Yeah, I think game direction is astrobot.
Speaker 3: I think who's the most famous year? Which one is the most director though involved?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 3: Right, it's me as Zaki, so maybe it wins. Game direction because of that.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, so we can walk them out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and then that show up.
Speaker 3: Clinton kid.
Speaker 4: Do you think that's how it's gonna go down. Every one just wants to give me a Zakia award. Something else gets Game.
Speaker 2: Of the Years.
Speaker 3: I think it's the same for both of them, and I It's interesting because I I'm not sure what wins the Game of the Year this year. Last year, I think we all were pretty sure it was gonna be Boorderskate three. You know there's years where it's just inevitable. The ero's out and ring here. I'm like, I don't know. It could be astrobotic, could be metaphor, it could be like a slightly more of a dark horse, like even a Bilatro. So I'll be interested to see where it goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think y'all are right just giving an order to Miyazaki for the sake of keeping an award to him in direction and then awarding something else Game of the Year. I'd like it if it was Blatro, Yeah, got it. Blatra is sweep on these on.
Speaker 5: These two would bang though it's not gonna happen, but I thought it would bang.
Speaker 1: I think I read that this maybe one of the first times the Game of the Year nominations during the Game Awards, Bolotro the first time a single dev game or nominated like.
Speaker 2: Stardo Vampire Survivors, they weren't.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If Vampire Survivors started, definitely was okay, so maybe maybe first or second time. Then yeah, I would not mind if Bolotro.
Speaker 3: I'd bend at all. I'd be a little surprised, but that would be neat.
Speaker 4: Probably not the one I would pick, but I think I also wouldn't be mad.
Speaker 1: How are we going to be when Black Myths uh Wukong went.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the thing, right, it is going to be I'd be up. I'd be I would be upset. You're right, it's gonna happen, but I would not like that. But I would be a little upset for the showier treats you. Again, it's a great experience.
Speaker 4: But well, I would be annoyed. But I also wouldn't get man. I know I've been a little pessimistic during this segment, but also, these awards aren't the end all be all, you know.
Speaker 1: Our awards are.
Speaker 3: I do think it's either metaphor Astrobot, and I could probably do a coin flip on on myself, which what I'm going for. That's what I think is going to win this. So I don't know. Maybe maybe maybe Astrobot is a little bit more chance here, but not of course. Yeah, it's it's a talker, and you know it's more than that's not possible, that isn't.
Speaker 4: Real.
Speaker 3: You would have sold more than Astrobot Black mcfoodcon exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, packs packs of Pokemon trading cards in the first day of TCD pocket Yeah, on the market.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, friends, that does it for the game awards. A couple more quick news stories before we hit our first real break, and not because of a technical malfunction. Assassin's Creed Syndicate is getting a sixty FPS update for PS five and Xbox Series X. Any of y'all get to go check that out?
Speaker 3: No, I was. I almost want to because I didn't play this one at all, because this was the one that happened after Unity, which everybody hated, and everybody's kind of done with the Assassins Creed. Everybody talks this one up a bit, and you know what, since it's kind of got that Victorian England thing, it reminds me of Christmas Carol. Maybe it's kind of a Christmas game. Yeah, this is the Oiguvnor one, right, this is correct, and you have male and female yeah protagonists.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So like if I was gonna go back to a slightly older Assassin's Creed, I think this is the one I will want to play. And I'm always a big fan of patching order games so that they run better. So I think this is neat yeah, industrial and not Victoria in my bagscuse you know.
Speaker 1: The patch is launching November nineteenth, will also include four K resolution to PS five PS five pro Xbox Series X. Blows my mind that the original syndicate came out in November twenty fifteen. That's what times ten years, Time flies, Time flies friends. Speaking about time flies, time continues to fly. For the hit Man World of Assassination VR two version is getting delayed. Previously scheduled to release in December of this year, it's getting delayed to March twenty seventh, twenty twenty five. A quote from John Lacaie lakale Io's interactive global marketing director, This decision to move the release day was not made lightly. We know there is a lot of demand to bring Hitman on PSVR two, and we're excited to see the great reception following the announcement. This is supposed to support the full main campaign of hit Man World of Assassinations. The PSVR two version of the game was announced in September of this year. Jonathan goes on to say, now supporting dual wielding, a wide array of actions and interactions have been added, including the possibility of performing actions with both controllers at the same time, active reloading on body weapon, hall string, aiming through the sniperscope, and manual interactions to take disguises. Dan, I think you were the only one here with a PlayStation VR two. Any interest in revisiting kit Man through virtual reality.
Speaker 2: It has not left the box since we shot that launch video, and I cannot imagine something that would change that.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, That about does it for folks interested in hit Man and VR. I hope when it hits, it hits big. I love the hit Man team. In entertainment news, Tom Hardy's splinter Cell movie is reportedly canceled with we just couldn't get it right.
Speaker 3: This is news to me, Okay, we couldn't figure out to make a military movie it's never been done before. It's never done smart done it.
Speaker 1: Apparently this movie was first announced in twenty twelve.
Speaker 4: Okay, that explains it. When you read the headline, I was like, what do you mean Tom Hardy's splinter Cell movie.
Speaker 1: With Tom Hardy playing Sam Fit. There is a world where Venom never took off, and we have three splinter Cell movies. However, speaking to the direct producer Basil or Basil Iwanic, who signed on for the splinter Cell project in thirteen, who suggested it's no longer happening, the movie would have been awesome. Oh what, just couldn't get it right script wise, budget wise, he said, but it's gotta be great. It's gonna be so fucking sick. Listen.
Speaker 3: We didn't have many people in it.
Speaker 1: The guns were not real. We couldn't get a location, we didn't have a script.
Speaker 2: But listen, yeah, you couldn't get the goggles.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't let up, let me tell.
Speaker 1: You, they continue on. We had a million different versions of it, but it was going to be hardcore and awesome. That's one of the ones that got away, which.
Speaker 3: Is really sad.
Speaker 2: I think Catherine Biglow could have made a good splinter Cell movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the second time you've been talking about today on the website.
Speaker 2: Well, she's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the five of us could make a good splinter Cell movie. All right, Yeah, it's not that hard to make a spy thriller in Hollywood. You're gonna be Sam Fisher.
Speaker 2: I could be Sam Fisher.
Speaker 1: I would do it, all right, Mike Manad, you're the goggles.
Speaker 3: Okay, the goggles.
Speaker 2: Talk, Okay, sound like this.
Speaker 3: They say, Sam, look out, there's a guy over that corner.
Speaker 2: And then the goggles talking reveals Sam's position and he gets shot.
Speaker 3: Already a better premise. I'm so sorry I had my pat dude, my past.
Speaker 2: This sounds like a good movie.
Speaker 1: God, I just want the pickled version of that.
Speaker 3: That sounds so much better. Okay.
Speaker 1: And last news story here, I think this one will make is a Mikey like story.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Half Life two has broken its concurrent Steam Records players records after twenty years of the initial release. This got up to upwards to sixty five thousand concurrent players over the weekend. The surge is from a twentieth anniversary celebration held by Valve over the weekend, where the game was temporarily given away for free. I believe it is no longer free as of this podcast going out. The surprise twentieth anniversary update also included episode one and Episode two expansions to the base game, enabling players to play through the game and both expansions as one playthrough.
Speaker 4: Jam Big News is no longer free, but you can get it for the very expensive price of ninety nine cents.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's always on sales. You'll be missed it for free. It'll be fine.
Speaker 4: Uh, I would be amazing Steam account in on this game.
Speaker 1: Didn't be surprised. What if I want to buy Angry Birds? That's ninety nine cents?
Speaker 3: Still?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta your money appropriately, that's.
Speaker 1: Hard, calculous.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: I got like at least five birds in that game? What do I get in Half Life?
Speaker 3: You can kill story?
Speaker 2: Okay, I think you can.
Speaker 3: True. I love Alfy two so much. Glad to see you get a little bit love for the Big Anniversary. To me, it's up to like Mario sixty four in terms of being one of those games that you play for the first time and it feels like a game from the future and It's still kind of fun. Still probably my favorite first person shooter campaign.
Speaker 1: Mikey, you think someone would get as much out of Half Life two if they played it for the first time today?
Speaker 3: Maybe not as much, who knows, but I think you still get a lot out of it. I think in a lot of ways it still looks good because there was strong art direction there on top of everything else, and all the physics stuff is still pretty neat, especially when you get the gravity gun and you're going through Raven Home and you're you know, shooting those saw blades through zombies and cutting them in half. It was all just really cool stuff.
Speaker 1: Sean, you grimaced your face. Do you want to say something about Half Life two?
Speaker 4: I have to do a podcast with Mike tomorrow as well. I choose to please the fifth Jane.
Speaker 3: All right, they don't well, please don't please don't pull up super much weight on Half Life two. Now, please well, I mean you same for that.
Speaker 1: Don't hurt me the thing that hurts my my brain, hurts my soul. As like someone on the cusp of being an elder millennial. I think I'm like smack dab in the middle of that demo. I think more people now are more into prop Hunt versus Half Life two. Yeah, and that hurts my soul to field legacy, Dan, What do you think prop hunt is?
Speaker 3: What is prop hunt?
Speaker 2: I think it's a mode that is where you hide as like a trash can, and somebody has to find you. Now I've heard this brought up, and I apparently I see nodding, So I think I do have the concept what it is. I don't really know what it's like. When I hear that, I think of that Prey remake or the New Prey. Yeah, pretty much. But what is it most known for?
Speaker 1: Its Gary.
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and now it's in everything. It's in Call of Duty. It's not this one, right, not Black Ops right.
Speaker 1: No, it was in Modern Warfare three.
Speaker 4: I think the first one it was in was Modern Warfare Remastered. I can't remember if there were ones before that, and then they bring it back here and there. But yes, it's just hide and seeking a video games.
Speaker 2: I see why that would be popular.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, folks, that about does it for the news. We're gonna take quick bricky break and get at you with some video games right after this.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I've ever been more.
Speaker 1: Scared to press a bun than when I'm at my desk with the audio device that I keep in front of me all the time. I'm more scared of this than I have ever been scared of a horror movie, horror game, or my own failures in life, video game music.
Speaker 5: I can't do it.
Speaker 3: I can't do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh Jesus, sweet baby Jesus, I can just add that post, Jan I know about I need it excited a little bit of the live element, Yes, this live element when we could have not done this live? Uh, but who's dumb? My deal was it to do it live? It's like the devil was speaking into my ears, just like Dan Reichert and Mike Manatti have been playing Diablo for Oh yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 2: Spot We're all I'm playing right now is Activision Games with battle passes, which is not really weird, the usual thing.
Speaker 3: But yeah.
Speaker 2: I decided yesterday to pick up Diablo four because I was hearing a lot about the DLC from Mike Maharty during Firescape this weekend, and I was like, you know what, I was moving when Diablo four Base Edition came out, so I never really got around to it. Despite wanting to, and so yeah, I got Vessel of Hatred, started the new character, and I'm going through the original campaign right now.
Speaker 3: But it's fun.
Speaker 2: I played for like seven hours last night. It was it's really good. I'm gonna play more tonight. I don't know what exactly the DLC added, because you know, I didn't really play the base game, but damn, it's just it's a really really solid game, and it's got really good a cross progression or cross save basically between PS five and and PC. So I've been going kind of back and forth. A really good game for the portal. I've been playing on that. So it's not super you know, twitch reflexe or anything. So, uh, it's a lot of systems, especially now it seems like they've probably added a bunch of stuff, and it's like, all right, certain things I can figure out pretty quick, like Okay, here's how I salvage this stuff, and here's how I craft a jewel and put it into the But I'm seven hours in and there's still like a lot of things that like, oh, I don't know this transmutation thing is or this this occult is, Like there's just a lot of like merchants in the town room, just like I don't think i'm here yet. I don't have the like or I'm unlocking stuff and I don't. It's a lot of textboxes and stuff I don't quite understand yet, and I'm just kind of assuming if I keep playing, I'll understand, because there's just a lot going on in that game.
Speaker 1: Mikey, did you play Diablo for much when it came out originally?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I played the original, and I've been playing the Diablo series for a long time, and I always enjoy it to varying degrees. I like to deal before a good bit. I finally did check out some more Vessel of Hatred last couple of weeks, you know, spansion excitement. Want to try the new class, the God. It's got a weird name, Alborn, isn't it soul Sucker, spirit Worn.
Speaker 2: It's fun, It's a fun class.
Speaker 3: It's fun. I will say. I don't know. Maybe I'm just not in the mood for it right now, or maybe I've just played so much Yabo, but the Diebo has always been a little bit mindless, and I like that mindless fun. But if something about it right now feels especially mindless, to me, I've been having a hard time like really getting engaged and really progressing through the storyline of this expansion, which is so far has been kind of like, oh, you're looking for this person, go find this person.
Speaker 1: And that's fine.
Speaker 3: I don't need a big narrative hook to get me fighting monsters. But yeah, for whatever reason, I even been super engaged with it, I might try to force myself to get through more of it, though.
Speaker 2: I think that's almost why I'm getting into that and Call of Duty right now is like I feel like, you know, with the Game of the Year rush to like kind of play as much as I can. I feel like, you know, I got caught up on the stuff I want to and so to have these two games now that I'm playing where it's just like I'm just playing multiplayer Call of Duty, which is pretty mindless.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: You can put something on in the background and then Diablo, like I was watching Kyless stream all last night while I played. I don't need much audio for Diablo. I don't need to pay too much attention, like just turn your brain off and have something on in the background, Like I'm so ready for that right now, And I think that's why I'm ready for this game.
Speaker 1: Well, Dan, speaking about getting all with the rest of the games of the year, I'm also getting caught up in Black Op six. I had a bunch of fun playing with y'all last Friday that I was half tempted to see text all.
Speaker 3: Y'all you up for the weekend.
Speaker 4: You could have done that, Jane.
Speaker 3: It turns out Call of Duty six.
Speaker 1: Even though I think I'm or Black Op six, even though I think I'm garbro at the game, which I am, I still had a fantastic time play.
Speaker 3: There you go, do you do that?
Speaker 2: Ransack mode.
Speaker 3: Is so good?
Speaker 5: So pissed they took out my child in stakeout and I said, this game is ass It's useless, And then I said what is ran Sack? And it's a game mode where it the goal is to get one hundred and fifty gold bars into your box and the map will spawn at like three or four locations and it rotates on a timer. It will spawn a vault that you can rob for ten You can carry ten dollars at a time, but you also can actively take money and points out of your opponent's vault, so it's moving.
Speaker 1: It's the ways that it really.
Speaker 5: Like the ways that it reconfigures the lanes in these maps is really interesting because there are obviously, because it's called duty, people don't play the objective. It does throw things off. But when you have people moving in what feels like commutes because the teams are large enough, moving around in circles from point to point, it feels really good. And when you when you catch a spawn at the right time and like a handful of the opponents die and you are like on your way to cycle out to take money out of their vault, and then they all they all spawn in front of you and you can take them out, and then you can it's really really good. I really really do like Grandsac.
Speaker 2: And there's a cool thing too where it's like not just the vault and the enemies, you can also like jan Let's say we're on opposite teams, and if you took you know, one or two bars, and you've got it on your person and I kill you, it'll drop like a little floating one or two bar thing that I can steal, or if you have a full ten, it'll drop like a duffel bag, and so I can just steal those ten bars you were carying and just bring it right back to mine and deposit it again. So's there's also super exciting things where it's like, holy shit, the other teams at one forty five, they're five away and we're at one twenty. But if you don't go to the neutral vault, if you go to the other base, you're literally stealing the points out of their pool and bringing it back, so like big swings can happen late. It's so much fun.
Speaker 1: This sounds a lot like the whole flow of the finals of Yeah, the cash from people, Oh sure, for sure, Okay.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 4: I saw that mode and yes, my first thought was nobody plays Objective and Call of Duty, so I'm not trying this mode. But I'm hopping on with some friends Layered tonight, so maybe we'll check.
Speaker 3: That's good, good, it's great.
Speaker 4: I've been hooked on this game. That's why I'm lagging behind and try to play Metaphor and catch up on ours up before a game of the years, I just hop on for a couple hours of Black Ops six like every night. I haven't been this hooked by a game, both playing with friends, you know, playing it here on the site, and now I play by myself. I'll just like Solo Cube said, it's been a long time, like, uh, Modern Warfare three. The reboot three was an anomaly because it was just the old MWt maps, which is very nostalgic for me and my friends. So I played a lot of that. But outside of that, I maybe haven't been this hoked accol of due since Black Ops two, like a decade ago. So it's they really knocked out of the park with this one. And every part is good. You know, we we've talked about before. But the single player campaign is excellent. It's did y'all finish that campaign yet? Yeah? Yeah, Dan did, Mike?
Speaker 3: Did you No? I might be good on the campaign, but I've been just absolutely loving the time I want to play it. I have so much of them with the monthly player, that's really what I want to Last night, that was tough, fantastic. The campaign is great because they just looked at other games and they're like, we like this game and this game and this game. If we just do games there, you know, do levels. There are those games, and they nail it. The multiplayers good, zombies as good. It's just yeah, really good.
Speaker 2: Squire.
Speaker 4: Uh yes, such a swing in the campaign there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I think this is a Mount Rushmore call of duty. I think it's like this the first modern warfare recency bias.
Speaker 4: But it could be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it'd be my.
Speaker 3: Favorite, and I'm not a big call of duty person. But I don't know if even like in the Prime three sixty days, I don't know if I enjoyed playing any of them as much as I'm enjoying.
Speaker 4: This, right, It's weird that the Mount Rushmore is probably m W one, m W two Black Ops two Black Opps six.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the MW remake was very, very solid.
Speaker 4: I thought it was very solid. The maps fell apart if you spent a lot of time with unfortunately.
Speaker 2: But Nikki, I did get some time. I'm on Steakout twenty four to seven before they took it off because of your remendation, And you're right, domination on steak Out is stupid, throwing grenades into random rooms and just getting a million kills.
Speaker 3: I have kills.
Speaker 1: I have two builds.
Speaker 3: I have like my one build for everything else, and then I have a build just for Steakout. As sad, I hope it.
Speaker 1: I hope it comes back next week. Desperate for it. I if we do that Soldier boy games to get high to we need because for a while I was like, I felt out of touch. I think with like my interpretation of why people were playing Call of Duty after Modern Warfare two, because I was like Modern war for two was sick as hell. Also, I was a child when the game came I was like a teenager when the game came out, and I was like, why would you Why would you play a Call of Duty game after you were a child? And then I was like, oh, marijuana.
Speaker 3: Why because if.
Speaker 5: You get a little bit high and play Call of Duty. And again my review is that I don't I have not heard.
Speaker 3: Any audio.
Speaker 2: Alternative reason you might play Called Duty as an adult is if you were an adult when they started making those games.
Speaker 3: Still a teenager. I was a teenager. I'm not going.
Speaker 2: When they started making.
Speaker 3: The fact that my first game review is for a PS two game a very lame, but that fact does bother me.
Speaker 1: I'm so surprised that Black Op six has even entered my brain sphere because I think it's starting to inform some of my regular decision making where I thought, you know what, maybe I will eat a bunch of pizza hut crazy puffs.
Speaker 3: Because I could get some.
Speaker 4: Put some respect on the name.
Speaker 2: Little Caesars.
Speaker 1: I need.
Speaker 2: They have hats and stuff, right, you can get hot and Ready hats.
Speaker 4: You can you can get just a dude, just a skin for the game han Ready trucker hat, glasses on black and orange head to toe and his knife is a pizza cutter.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I need.
Speaker 1: How do I do?
Speaker 2: I have to get a pizza for that.
Speaker 4: I'll have to buy what it's like, buy a han Ready from Little Caesars. You get code and Dan. I hate this part. It's a loot box.
Speaker 3: You don't know what you're doing the way with this.
Speaker 4: So I've been I've been getting Little Caesars every week trying to get that. I get the little stupid charm that dangles off my gun. I get doublex CSL and gotten the guy man.
Speaker 2: I wish i'd do some of the Little Caesars the same way. When Titan Fall two was your Titfall one was big, and somebody that worked at the Dorito's factory reached out to me and they like stole sheets of the double XP stickers, and so the whole time I played Titan Fall. I had like hundreds of double XP Dorito's stickers.
Speaker 5: That was my move, was I was because that was when they printed them on the bag for some reason. Yeah, So I was walking into the seven eleven down the street from my high school and taking pictures of the bag Like I was just standing picking up the bag and taking a picture with my phone burning.
Speaker 1: All of these coachs. Hell yeah, uh, brighter, Brighter times ahead for Call of Duty Black Op six. We should play some more of that on the website.
Speaker 2: I was not able during the stream last time. I'd love to play that with you guys. I haven't touched zombies yet either. I would love to try.
Speaker 1: Maybe we could do zombies sometime soon. Something that I checked out for a little bit is Brighter Shores.
Speaker 3: This is a.
Speaker 1: MMO Gary with a bunch of title tiles. It is a pointy clickie very early into it, so I can't speak to you how it is so far, but as it is right now, And maybe this is why it's taken me a while to get bit by the Final Fantasy ZIV Bug. But I just find it to be very slow and boring, just because they have you doing the fetch quests in the beginning, just to do tutorials and whatnot. But as soon as I got to the actual combat, your boy was excited because I saw nothing but tiles. It's a tile game, but it wasn't the tile game that I like, So it is just they're just tiles there for show. I'm not slapping and slideing them where I want them to be. It is more of MMO style combat, where you have your hot bar of your specific spells, your weapons to trigger off as you go by. I do want to spend a little bit more time with it and get to the actual MMO element of it, just because I'm still I think at the very end of the tutorial world before they unleash me to the rest of the world. Very simplistic art style. It reminds me of if RuneScape was made in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Well you know the good reason for that, don't you. Jan why it is from the original designer of runs game. But when you had this on the dock, I was like, huh, this name sounds amilliary. I was like, oh, yeah, the game from the guy. Yeah, that's why I was on game.
Speaker 3: The picture of Dan now with his Doritos XP things, and it's just very funny. It's a lot of like several of those Oh my god, that's great. God, that's taller than you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, so went a little Caesars something boxes my way.
Speaker 1: Oh god. Uh speaking about game that's done by the dude. Dragon Quest three h D two D a remake of Dragon Quest three. Mike Manatti and Turbo Sean. You two have been playing it. I've also dipped my toes into the dragon Quest Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just dipped my toes in. I think Mike spent a little bit more time it last night.
Speaker 1: We were streaming this the other day, right kind of a toe dippy like.
Speaker 3: I wanted to start this game before we did this. I wanted to beat Metaphor first, and I did my best to do that this weekend. But I am at like the very very end, in the middle of what I am sure has to be the last dungeon now. But I still wanted to start this. I started on stream. I like Dragon Quest. I played Dragon Quest three a couple of years ago. The old version on Switch, which is just basically a port of a mobile version, doesn't look great, but the game still played really well. This game is gorgeous, even among other HD two D games. I love everything about the way that this game looks. Just the town so the best. The best is when it's darkout, like you're in a little cave or it's a nighttime and your guys this little lamp. He's walking around with the lamp and it just glows. That is cozy. That's a cozy game for me. And even just you know, you know, Jen, I heard you know, you're you know, saying, oh, there's you know, a lot of grinding and stuff like that, and I get that's not for some people. I love that shit so much. The first thing I do, and these really old school JRPGs, is I just go outside right outside of the first town, and I walk around for a while, just grinding levels, knowing that I could just go back to my home and Mommy will make my bed for me and let me take a nappy nap and get my MP back.
Speaker 1: I guess I could do that.
Speaker 3: For hours in the beginning of a JRPG.
Speaker 1: I love that mechanic going home to sleep and then mom heals you up and like sends you back out, like yeah, go keep fighting, kid.
Speaker 3: I love that that first town still has an inn that you could pay for if you want to. But Mom's place is right there. Let's definitely do that.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Dragus three is just a fun game. I love making my little party at the beginning. You pick the job, you know, characters you want, you get to name them. I've got Rubbie, Penny and Daisy and my party prioritizes here. You got a food adventuring Buruiously, I'm you know, like seventy five minutes in, but I'm very happy. I know I'm going to have a great time with this, and it's agous.
Speaker 1: Character named Mikey to continue the y trend.
Speaker 3: No, Tolkoto, that's a stupid question. If I'm playing like something very real worldie, then like then it could be Mike. It's anything remotely fantasy, it's gonna be Tolkota.
Speaker 5: Well hold on, now, I have.
Speaker 1: A bunch of questions. What is the line between.
Speaker 5: What's an example of.
Speaker 4: Fas in reality?
Speaker 2: Do you think that fantasy can't affect reality or.
Speaker 1: Is it.
Speaker 3: Like for a persona, I'll be Michael, But for metaphor, I'm told.
Speaker 4: I can see your reflection.
Speaker 3: Try to reflection.
Speaker 4: Good effect. You know, I saw people saying that maybe this remake actually isn't very beginner friendly, which I was a little surprised by because I saw multiple difficulty options that you can change at any time. There's variety of things that you can change. There's graphical sayings and change if something is like not appealing.
Speaker 3: To you, and a big difference between the original games that you can't just have like the away markers tell you where to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's so many of these games before it was kind of you're supposed to wander around and just kind of discover things or talked to townspeople and hope that they'll tell you something that has its own charm. But even I'm not that much of a sick. Oh, I will just turn the waypoint on. That's fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love that because it's just so easy to get lost in a world that is, you know, it was designed of the time, and a lot of stuff looks the same. A lot of those tile sets all kind of blend together after a certain point. So yeah, just having a general hey, go over here, I do like having that. One thing we'll say about the visuals, I think as much as they nailed what they were going for. It was when I was playing on my TV that I really noticed that they've moved away from HD two D being entirely pixel art. Oh and then you know, like the three D stuff is like three D models, but with pixel art for the texturing.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: Now it's just like you're walking around in a more modern two D Zelda. But the characters are sprites. That looks a little jarring to me on the big screen, But I am also fired up in handheld. It's a little less noticeable there, so it looks better there. And I I assume I will play most of this game on the Steam deck in handheld MOE, because that's where you play an old school someone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I streamed in on PC, but gonna be my rog my next rock ally.
Speaker 4: Yeah for sure, bedtime game.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I'm gonna be on a plane for a hot minute. This may be the playing game.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna raw dog it.
Speaker 1: I thought about it, but then because like, I, oh, you know, I'm gonna know someone else on the flight. I don't want to scare anyone. Uh who knows who don't.
Speaker 5: Want to scare anyone. You've already said out loud that you could do it. That is scarier. The threat of it is almost scarier than the act of doing it.
Speaker 1: The threat of raw dogging is always terrifying. Christ Hm Planes, I only meet planes. Everyone, Please please calm down, put the pitchworks away. We're all friends on Blue Sky. Nothing bad has happened yet. I don't want to be the main character there, uh Turbo Shawn Sean McDowell.
Speaker 3: I've been playing a group of games.
Speaker 1: The first one I see here is Horizon Apostrophe Capital s is Horizon now available on the switch?
Speaker 4: There's no Apostrophe there, but it technically one of those games is on the switch. Yeah. So I have been playing Lego Horizon Adventures as the resident Horizon fan of Giant on now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like, yeah, yeah, I can't believe you were living with Sicko Nikki.
Speaker 5: Can you believe that's nuts and be your own people?
Speaker 4: Lego Horizon is bizarre.
Speaker 3: It's so.
Speaker 4: I am not up on the Lego games. I know that they branched out in a million different directions past. You know, I played the first couple Lego Star Wars. I think I played what the first where the first DC Lego one was?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 4: Was that Batman or.
Speaker 2: Whatever much as Batman.
Speaker 3: At first, I think, yeah.
Speaker 4: And here it is what I picture those games being in my head, at least, being a little dungeon crawler e while being you know, the very cute Lego esthetic. But yeah, just mixing Lego with Horizon is such an odd pick because a lot of things they can get away with a t for team game just don't quite translate. Well, we need to make it for kids. I told Mike about it the r night when I asked about it. But yes, there is in fact a scene in this game early on where they have to explain cultis to kids, and it's just what they're like, Oh, yeah, Cultists are people who believe in something so strongly that it's really bizarre and you can't believe it. And Ala is like, oh, you mean, like how you think pancakes and gravy go together? Right, He's like, yeah, just like that, but worse. And so it's like, yeah, it's it's very quippi. It's a very again, not as familiar, but why I imagine the anime Lego stuff being but for Horizon. So yeah, I don't know, I I kind of like it. It just feels weird every step of the way, like, why this.
Speaker 5: The Lego tone has really changed post movie, Like, yes, when they put that movie out, like the tone of what like the media representation of what Lego was as established by those games was always kind of goofy, but it never said anything. And then the movie came out, and then the second movie came out, and then post that they have been more acknology of the real world. They you know, Pharrell's biopic.
Speaker 2: Is in Lego, right, Yeah, Weird is going to be in it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Martinly their kings in it. But they do the they do the there's a bunch of stories, like retellings of like how Pharrell like writes songs, and there is a long extended bit where he tells the story of tells a story about working with Snoop Dogg, And critical to that story is that Pharrell makes the beat while high out of his mind, and you can't tell the story without also explaining that they were on all of America's weed. So they have the way they get around it is that they call it PG spray, And anytime anyone does weed in the motion picture, they pull out a can and the can says PG spray, and then they spray a bunch of it and then it's like misty inside of the room. Apparently it's pretty good. So like I'm already soft on this, but like Lego tone has changed a bit, and I think as they have shifted that tone, a lot of it has become weird to perceive because it's not it is not as sharp as it was when that new tone was introduced with the movie.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm glad you were here to explain that, because that makes a lot of sense. Then because a lot of that, I don't think it's they nail it quite as much as what you just said, but a lot of that type of tone of like we need to take something from tray to more E or E ten plus rating. We need to explain it to kids. We need to have this sense of humor with something that is often very serious. It's cute. I've been liking it so far, but it's you know, Aloy is very very quippi, and in an era where like PlayStation mascots are kind of getting a lot of crap for not being able to shut up, it's kind of ironic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, cute I think is the word for it. I really want to see grubbing the kids play it because I think they might have a good time with like seeing all these like weird, funny little jokes that they make. As for the game itself, yeah, like I said, it very much just feels like a Lego game. I think that's maybe the weakest part of it, because the writing can be pretty funny. Visually, it looks fantastic. I've been playing the PC version, you know, four K sixty ray Racing. It looks phenomenal. If you look around, everything is lego, which is wild. Everything like the ground is the flat big Lego pieces, the rocks are all like bespoke pieces. It's a stunning game. But then the gameplays kind of just move Aloy around, climb some cliffs, shoot the bow. It's very simple. So I'm not the target audience, so maybe kids would like something like that more. I'm kind of curious. For me, I think it's you know, it's just okay. I probably won't even finish the game, but I thought it was an interesting experiment of nothing else.
Speaker 5: Have you played any of this stuff, the Lego Fortnite stuff?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 4: Did we play some of that?
Speaker 5: I think we must have played. I think we might have played a little bit of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe I'll remember. I feel like I fired it up at least once, because that's like a survival game.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, right, But like I'm trying to I was really curious and it's just seems like I also haven't played it in a really long time. But like, mechanically, how much of that survival stuff feels like it is present in this very little Yeah that's very simple.
Speaker 4: I mean literally, the buns are basically jump shoot bo and the interactions with the world are arrow can go through fire to light things on fire. Cool, and that's kind of it. I'm always in the first like little world, so maybe it gets more.
Speaker 1: So this is a full price title, huh, sixty smack roof sixty seventy stops full price anymore?
Speaker 3: What are you talking about? That is a budget title that's not the full seventy bucks.
Speaker 4: Yeah I do. Yeah, full price are close to it, which is sixty is a little simple for that? I don't know. But again, it's weird to talk about because despite being a Horizon fan, the game isn't for me because they're trying to get kids in the door with this one so that eventually when they get older, they will buy the other game. I played a little bit of Horizon zero Don Remastered, which I've also been playing on PC, and that one is Horizon zero Down but remastered. Oh how that works? Huh yeah, yeah, not a lot to say there. Anytime they do that, anytime they you know, bring a game up to modern standards, I think that's very cool. It's bizarre that that is also a full price if you haven't owned it before. That's how you know they get around things is by re upping the MSRP using the guys are remastered. But yeah, it's just I don't know, if you've ever wanted to play that game, this is now the definitive edition, so go for it. It's an interesting strategy that they got going on there with the Lego game then this master coming out. I'm curious to see how it all works out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, trying to create an entire funnel but just for one of your franchises kind of nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a it's an interesting strategy, Sean. But that's not the only PS four game or game that started out on the that you've been playing this morning. Because Jeff Grubb is out on a vacation assignment we're not having game as Mornings in place. We're having perhaps one of the best titles of a future ever, Days Sean, where you are deaking it up. It's deep week Baby.
Speaker 4: The comments are saying that they someone Week Baby. Days Gone is a video game that Ben's studio made for the PlayStation four.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. That's how far.
Speaker 1: Your sister is she your wife?
Speaker 3: I don't know both.
Speaker 4: I don't know jam. It's really weird. Okay, so okay. The point of day Sean is not just a dunk on a game that I don't like. That is definitely not it. Hopefully people didn't get that impression. It's just a funny, little fish out water thing where this is not the type of game I normally play. But a dumb pun is a dumb pun, and if it hits hard enough, we do it at giant bumps. That's why I am playing Days Gone and in full costume and everything.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: The game part itself honestly does seem fine. The problem is that's so average to me that I don't really think anything of it. You sneak around, avoid the zombies, sometimes shoot the zombies, sometimes shoot the humans, and yeah, I don't know it's.
Speaker 3: Okay called video game. The video game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's Mike, you were saying during the stream. It feels very ps for just in general, like a lot of the things are popular then a lot of the systems and everything. It's just it's it's not bad, it's just so comage.
Speaker 1: It's it's like deeply competent. If you were making if you were asked to make a triple A video game, Yeah, tens did they do that? Totally fine.
Speaker 4: The problem of the game, I just can't get into this main character and the story and everything is going on there.
Speaker 2: I looked it up while your Planet and realized he was also the voice and likeness of the Force Unleashed dude star Killer. Yeah, same guy.
Speaker 1: Yeahs does star Killer kill women or what's his deal?
Speaker 3: Path?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it was sure to see a lot of people bleeding out in the first like hour of this a lot.
Speaker 1: Of women bleeding out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very specifically, which I still don't know why that second woman was beaten to death.
Speaker 5: For that's the That's the thing that is like immediately frustrating to me is that the game is like the world sucks and it's.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, dog, and that's exactly why this should have just been the Last of Us spin off or like, you know, a small sequel thing Miles Morales or I don't know, even like a full blown sequel, because it feels like they just had the Last of Us right there and said we want to do that. But because it's biker culture, it needs to be its own thing, which is just such a wild.
Speaker 1: They they already named the Monsters and Last of Us clickers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very different, very far assulting that Sony used Deep to promote that little indie game to put out this year. I just can't believe that absolutely franchise.
Speaker 1: Oh god.
Speaker 4: Anyways, Hopefully people had fun with the stream because it is supposed to just be you know, us just hanging out shooting the ship while I play perfectly okay video game. Oh no, I thought it was a fun time. People seem to enjoy it. Hopefully they will. We keep doing it for the rest of this week. I did say during Extra Life I would do a full play through. If people want to full play through, we can bring it back in the future where there it's downtime. But yeah, for the most part, you get your.
Speaker 1: Because you're half way through the game, right now.
Speaker 4: Uh huh, yep, that's exactly where I am too. So how long to be thirty eight?
Speaker 1: Whoa?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so maybe not finishing that one anytime soon, but yes, every day this week is the plan. Yes, including tomorrow, since you know we're recording the BombCast on Monday.
Speaker 1: Sean, you don't have to do it tomorrow, all right?
Speaker 4: I should tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We should have done a stretch goal where you have one hundred.
Speaker 4: Damn did you know that if I one hundred percent and I would automatically be second place at speed run dot com because there's only one.
Speaker 3: Other person who has done wow. Oh boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, folks, be nice to Sean if Sean choose not to do it tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Just cranky mood this episode.
Speaker 2: I can't mention why.
Speaker 1: All right, folks, that about does it for video games, we have played a lot of upcoming news and stuff to come out and stuff to talk about as we reach Game of the Year season for ourselves, We're gonna take another quick bricky break and we'll be back with some emails. Oh thank us. Podcast at GiantBomb dot com is the email address to send your emails to. You can send any type of email you want if you want to specifically address a member of the crew, you can tell me to do that. I'll forward it to them. If you want to send or advertise your local crystal company, I will politely nod my head and smile as I read the email speaking about specific emails for specific people. This came in two hours ago. Dan, please forward this website where you can buy cheese to Dan. The oven baked cheese is incredible. And then I clicked on the link. Dan, they're having a Black Friday sale.
Speaker 2: On cheese by cheese sale shipped, Yeah, shipped, safe to ship cheese.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, swhere.
Speaker 1: This specific place is Gardeners, Wisconsin Cheese.
Speaker 4: Oh okay.
Speaker 2: If it's from Wisconsin, that's I'm also like ten minutes from the border of Wisconsin. I could probably just get over there.
Speaker 4: The hand off. You're just gonna go grab.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a baton, folks.
Speaker 1: I'll also put this in the Giant Bomb chat for y'all.
Speaker 3: Oh, Buffalo chicken cheese. I don't know what that.
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Oh, we have another one from uh that just hit the email box. This is from Rebecca. Hey, Jan, can can you tell Sean his hair looks great today?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 4: Oh? Thank you.
Speaker 1: There you go. Uh first email of the show. This is too long of a document. Nikki is going to Kansas City. This one comes from uh Nikki.
Speaker 4: No, I think it's from Nikkiel.
Speaker 2: Nikiel sign Nikki at the bottom.
Speaker 1: It is a live email. This is a female first of the first kind. Hey everyone, my name is Nikki. First time, long time. I'm going to Kansas City this weekend. Where should I eat? Nikki? He'ss never mind, that's the well.
Speaker 2: I know emails can't talk back, but if anyone on this call wants to be the voice of the emailer, Okay, all right, in I wonder where this emailer would be staying in Kansas City.
Speaker 5: I'm staying the the the person is staying in uh huh bye, I mean thereby they're in. They're on the south just south of the river, near the Negro League's Baseball Museum.
Speaker 2: Okay, so near downtown. Okay, yes, Well, I always say Casey Joe's or Joe's. Casey is my favorite barbecue, and probably just this is my death row meal. You know, this is like last meal, final meal, whatever they call it. You know what I mean. They're about to kill me and I'm one more good.
Speaker 3: I got it all right, You got it all right.
Speaker 2: So this is something I realized because like, there are actual Joe's Casey locations. There's one Casey k there's one in the suburbs. There's a couple in the suburbs. But I didn't know there were any downtown. But there is a place in the Power and Light District which is like the big tourist area with a bunch of bars. That's where everyone goes to watch Chiefs games and stuff like that. And when I was staying there for the extra life ignite thing this summer, I found a place called the County Road ice House, which is there and they just straight up serve Joe's case. They have a deal with them, where like all of the burn ends, all that the z man, all that stuff. So I wonder, if this is this emailer, if they would prefer burnt ends or like a really good signature like sandwich with with fried endine rings and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Poor Kalinos dose, I guess is kind of what the caller or the emailer is letting me know.
Speaker 2: I would say the burn ends are my favorite. That is the death row death meal, electrocution meal thing where I'm about to die and they give me one more meal. Uh, okay, are you following it? Yeah, yeah, you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna so hold on. I just need to understand that you're about to die.
Speaker 2: I've done a horrible crime and I'm going to be put to death for it.
Speaker 3: But whatever you want.
Speaker 2: And they say, I don't know if they actually do this for shoot, but if they're like, you name anything on the planet, and I say, like, get me some burn INDs and fries from KC. Joe's. And that's the thing is I get the stuff shipped all the time from for the meat, but the fries are also some of the best fries I've ever had, So you get to actually have it at the location. So you get the fries, you dip it in the barbecue sauce. Just douse everything in the barbecue sauce like crazy. That's a big part of it. So just take the squeeze bottle. They got the spicy one. The spicy one's good, but the original is the best, and just soak everything on that plate in that barbecue sauce. Get the prize. It's incredible. Great at the County Road ice House. So don't look for Joe's case. You're not gonna find it. The County Road ice.
Speaker 3: House has their stuff perfect. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope and I would like to hear from the emailer on their their thoughts on it.
Speaker 5: Absolutely yeah.
Speaker 3: I also want to go to Kansas City.
Speaker 2: It's gotten better since the.
Speaker 1: Yeah I'll write next email comes from Eddie in Canada. They write in high bombshells, Oh high bombshells. As a true gamer, I still enjoy partaking in nacho cheese doritos. However, now every time I eat them, I say to myself, nacho cheese bitch because of the minati gamer rapp. This is a reference that nobody else in my life will understand. It's just something I say for myself. What's something in your life that is That is a self inside joke that nobody else will understand, and it's just for you.
Speaker 3: Stay cheesy.
Speaker 1: Eddie from Canada.
Speaker 3: Um, my friend's order brother made a lot of like home movies. We were like teenagers and I wasn't in them, but I would watch them and at one point the one character says to the other one, so they're like, I, Uh, your sister gave me a dump truck last night, and then the other guy goes h dump truck, fo excuse me? And we would say foe excuse me to each other all the time and still do, but nobody else knows what FO excuse me means. We made Derek Jeter say it? Not Jack Jeter? What's that guy from Jew Carry Show? Hold what.
Speaker 1: We made Derek Jeter say it? Hold on the guy from the Drew Carrey Show. Which guy? Could you possibly?
Speaker 3: Ryan Styles?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: The other one, Dadrick Bater. You understand it's kind of similar Daydrick Baiter, Thank you chat. It's close, It's close bad. We made Dadrick Bater say for excuse me one time he had a terrible delivery. Oh really Yeah, he seemed very confused. They tried to get Boushemy to say it too. He is at the same conference. His publicist did not let him say fo excuse me.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: I hope Dadrid Bater gets a little bit of a spike on his IMDBA to.
Speaker 3: There you go. He's on something. I was at a bar last night or on Saturday night and he was on TV on some new show or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it was. He's getting work. Good for him, good, good, I'm one that if you ever I'm sure back in the day we said it several times on the Game of the Years and stuff and never explained it. But if you ever heard, I know, Abby you did it a lot. And Benny My it's get in there said like that. Yeah, it's from a thing. It's from a pilot that was sent to me ten years ago, probably from a friend of mine that works in TV, and it never aired. It's a you know, Mark Prochs, he was on the Office and what we do in the shadow is kind of the bald guy. He was the Yo Yo master guy that would fuck with local news and stuff.
Speaker 3: That guy.
Speaker 2: He did a pilot called Good Morning Try State, which is an incredible premise where it's he's got like a morning show in the Tri State area, but he's the only one that knows it's a bit. So he brings all these people on animal experts and cooking segment people and co hosts, and they think they're on an actual morning show and he's being a real weirdo about everything. And there was a cooking segment where as they pour the wine into the cooking stuff, He's just like, get in there, get in there, and I'm looking. It's on YouTube now.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I never showed it before because it was a thing a friend just sent to me. Is like a locked Vimeo thing. The whole episode is fucking awesome. It's got like eight hundred views on YouTube. I just linked to the chat. I would highly recommend people watching this. It's nineteen minutes long, and just keep in mind that the main host is the only one that knows this is a bit. It's very very good.
Speaker 1: Back at MythBusters, since the parent production company was Australian, we'd get a lot of Australian memes sometimes. So one of the producers is just dying as she's looking at her phone, and then me and the camera team look what's up and it's just a clip of like the oldest man possible in I think the local news is interviewing him, and then he's just.
Speaker 3: Going, what a joker.
Speaker 1: And then for the longest time, anytime somebod who would be a little silly, I would just say that to myself, what a joker, Harley Quinn place, it's really good any other self inside jokes?
Speaker 4: Friends, I got nothing to all top Derek Jeter, Yeah, no.
Speaker 2: Mike reminded me of when Kayla saw already laying at the comedy seller when she visited me in New York, and she told my mom that she saw al Pacino do stand up, but I.
Speaker 3: Knew it was wrong.
Speaker 2: In my defense, Kayla actually thought she saw do a staked upset.
Speaker 1: Would that would be amazing? It's good that Greb isn't here because the next email subject reads, I have eaten pickmen.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I was listening to a lot of Cops episode and I was reminded that on the way back from the first Annual Midwest Mixed Fest in Minneapolis, we stopped into Kurasushi in mal of America, where they're serving special Pickmen branded foods, where I had the Red Pickman crunchy roll, a sushi roll topped with red breadcrumbs as to simulate hundreds of pickmen being upon it. He was delicious, but the implications made me feel like a monster. If you could eat a food based around any game or character of your choice, what would it be?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 1: Guys love to hear the podcast every.
Speaker 2: Week Snake Eater, Snake Eater Snake Well, but like the and wanted to be like a cake that looks like a snake or something, you know, but they like, but.
Speaker 3: They have those giant candy snakes, and I find that discuss. I don't need that much gummy snakes. Yeah, that much gummy. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe a boring answer, but I really want to eat some of that photo realistic food that they have in games like Foule Fantasy fifteen and like Bosster Hunter and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I would like to eat the steak from that new Mario Party mini game A lot that's so good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like the Orange or whatever and paper Mario that was weirdly high resolution. And yeah, anytime they put super photo realistic food in something.
Speaker 1: Like the Dragon's Dog mustake from earlier this.
Speaker 2: That was awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, any hot dog in a video game, I'd like to eat that in real life naturally.
Speaker 3: They just look so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, uh, we got uh. Since Travis has been banned from the emails, we have a lot of people coming for the multi question thrown here and we got a couple of Cooper cues. Hey, folks, what's the game slash genre mashup that you'd be interested in seeing? First person immersive sim, Metal Gear, Solid city Builder, God, Animal Crossing, Hitman style stealth puzzle game version of Assassin's Creed, with each level being a different time period and setting.
Speaker 2: Set it Beforeesight again. Car Combat PUBG Car Combat Battle Round like Twisted Metal on an Island. Sure you know it's kind of already in Fortnite, right, Oh then Matt Max stuff.
Speaker 4: No, just Fortnite.
Speaker 2: You can just do with cars.
Speaker 4: Oh you do anything with just cars?
Speaker 3: Is it good?
Speaker 1: They got helicopters in it again? Oh?
Speaker 2: Try that.
Speaker 3: That's like a flying car. True.
Speaker 1: I feel like we could do more rhythm based games with other games.
Speaker 3: Yea Meganman rhythm game, Meganman rhythm game. Yes, Meganman Rhythm game.
Speaker 4: Okay, oh, High Fi Rush, but it's just just a rhythm game spin off.
Speaker 1: Why not Rush?
Speaker 3: But it's Mega Man.
Speaker 2: H that's right.
Speaker 3: That is just insane.
Speaker 4: No, no, we are not stopping there. Go on, Dan, explain yourself.
Speaker 2: Play an action game. I like to control when I get to attack enemies. I don't need to be.
Speaker 3: Dan's white as hell.
Speaker 4: He has no rhythm.
Speaker 2: Yeah I don't. But I like to play rhythm games. I want to play rhythm games. I want to play an action game. I'm play an action game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you suck and therefore you don't like it. We get it, Dan, It's okay.
Speaker 2: I like freedom to play games the way I want you.
Speaker 1: I've seen Dan play a dance game on an arcade once and you looked like he was hitting the beat.
Speaker 3: We were both.
Speaker 1: Confused as that play though, So yeah, you know, okay the jury another question from coop here. License games are a dime a dozen, but not very many of them come from books. There's some high profile games adapted from books, such as an Thing based off of Journey to the West, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Witcher series, Stalker Slash, Metro adapting Roadside Panic, but most adaptations come from movies, comics, or shows. Even a lot of those only came about because of film adaptations. First, what book would you want turned into a game? Out of the dust RYE? Okay, one at a time, All Kay out the dust by Karen Hesse. It's a It's a book about a stupid kid living in the fucking dust bowl and her life sucks and it's boring and it's awful.
Speaker 5: But this in my video game. You're a thirteen year old girl and your life sucks, and you live in the dust bowl, and you don't really do anything. And then I think, like your brother dies, you have to bury him in the backyard. Oh does that sound cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Funny? All right, I'll work it.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah.
Speaker 4: Funded what if they turned Thomas Moore's book Utopia into a video game, like maybe an RPG or something fun. That might be pray good.
Speaker 1: Let's let's take another stab at the Bible.
Speaker 4: Huh, take another stab at the Bible.
Speaker 3: You know we are joking, but speak for yourself.
Speaker 5: How has there not been There is so much money in the in the Christian grift business, right, how has there not been a triple A Bible game?
Speaker 2: Bible Adventures? I don't think anyone really played it.
Speaker 1: So, like I said, why hasn't there been a Triple A?
Speaker 5: Is exactly the passion.
Speaker 3: So much of the audience for that is like very old people, and they're just not going to play video games. You never know.
Speaker 4: They did the Bible game on the PlayStation two, if you remember, developed by Mass Media and published by Crave Entertainment.
Speaker 1: Everyone's favorite Christ would be so over if they added him to Fortnite?
Speaker 3: What about?
Speaker 1: Okay, hear me out here, And I don't mean to step down any of the religious toes here instead of candy Crush Candy Christ, Candy Christ.
Speaker 2: I bet there's mobile Jesus game.
Speaker 4: Wait okay, okay, no, no, hold the phone, Hold the phone. I never knew this about this game. This, this is, this changes everything. The Bible game is a Mario Party clone.
Speaker 1: No oh damn, it's a mini game game at.
Speaker 4: The very least. I don't know if it's Mario Party or if it's like Pokemon Stadium style. But yeah, this looks like a.
Speaker 2: God are you all doing Friday hopping out?
Speaker 3: These reviews are not good. It's kind of sixty on Xbox. Not bad.
Speaker 2: Whoa, oh, yeah, these are many games. Okay, testament trivia, Okay, here's the here's the screen. Who did the Egyptians say was fighting for the Israelites as they crossed through the Red Sea? The correct answer is be the Lord. It's always the Lord.
Speaker 1: It's probably gonna be a lord.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Are there trick ones where it's like the Father Son the Holy Spirit? Because that's all the Lord, the Son of God Jesus Christ.
Speaker 5: Speedrun dot com the game.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, look at the host.
Speaker 5: Fourteen minutes.
Speaker 1: I need to ask this question again, But do you think i'd get in trouble if I started like a fake offshoot Christianity, like grift online.
Speaker 2: No, you just want to start a baby.
Speaker 1: No, but I'm talking about like what if I become the priest of Patreon? No, that's good?
Speaker 2: Is that not a priest?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like what if I just like bless people online? You give five bucks a up. I'm like, hey, uh, Elaine, I hope here's your blessing.
Speaker 5: Worse people than you are doing worse under the guise of Christianity.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't want to do that. I don't want to do a grift. I think we just start like a one nice but benevolent cult. I think that's what we do. We could do, but no one gets have to have some kind of even if it's bad.
Speaker 4: Possibly just go too far.
Speaker 2: But what if we didn't. What if we went the right amount.
Speaker 1: For too far in a safe and tame way.
Speaker 2: But I still want to get rich.
Speaker 1: That we have too much orange soda, there's exact about that. Yeah, and like or like we pour too much orange soda in the Chicago river.
Speaker 4: Isn't that Yeah? Isn't that like just being a CEO or something?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we could be like pranksters and stuff, but like not any harm ment. Benevolent yeah, benevolent? Yeah yeah, yeah, I know we could do it all right. All right, Well that's all the convincing I need. I'm gonna drop some links later. H Cooper has two more a couple more questions about read too of them. What's the best game with the worst pacing?
Speaker 3: Oh oh, I'll big Final Fantasy fourteen. I like that game a lot of times. It is actually just kind of watching people talk to each other without much animation.
Speaker 5: Keeper Mario or a Gami king because the game where the game is fun, you have to stop doing to play the video game, which isn't fun.
Speaker 2: I've been watching Kale play Medal Your Solid four and uh that third act in particular, where it's like this atrocious stealth segment that takes way too long followed by very cool but very long cut scene like that pacing is kind of weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I just said this the other day to like rubbing Mike. I cannot remember what the game is, but if I think I'll come back to just a really good game with awful pacing, yeah I can.
Speaker 3: It's almost a tip of my time, right, I'll ring up if.
Speaker 1: It comes back to me, all right, And last question from Cooper here, which do you prefer perfect parry into a stagger slash opening or perfect dodge into a slowdown?
Speaker 2: Which time? Every time? Which time?
Speaker 3: I think? I'm a Perry pal Actually I think paring so especially the knife Perry resumeal for. Yeah, although it's weird because I never do Perry builds and souls like, even though I like paarying, I guess I'll get it taste for that one. I eventually do sec.
Speaker 4: I think perfect dodge because of the spectacle that you usually get after the perfect dodge, just the game going slow mo. You get some cool sound effects and stuff that's usually better. Obviously, fighting games don't necessarily have a perfect dodge most of the time, but that's where parrying, I think, is a little bit more hype.
Speaker 5: Isn't it so nuts that they put a perfect dodge in Zelda? Yeah, Like, mechanically it is so wide, it feels great, But it is nuts that they were, like, I just.
Speaker 1: Put a fighting perfect dodge in this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like everything else in those games, it just feels good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you in I forget which pac Man game it was the one that came out in three sixty You know when you narrowly.
Speaker 2: Avoid Championship edition. Yeah. I was just playing this a couple of weeks ago, when you like the Ghosts is about to hit you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I was just playing it on your TV.
Speaker 2: The Yeah that's what.
Speaker 1: God, what a good That kind of counts as a dodge, right yeah, yeah, sure, yeah, all right. Next email is about fries. High Bomb cast crew chatting about fries recently got me thinking of one of the best dirty fries I make for my wife when it's a special occasion. Fahita fries. I make all the topics of Fijidas like normal, then load them onto some freshly deep fried fries top of guacamole, jllapenno, sour cream, pink pickled onions, and cheese. They're absolutely felt. What's your favorite dirty fries to go or go to? Longtime listeners since the Certain String Days, Absolutely love all of you. Heart emoji, hard emoji Aaron from Brisbane, Australia.
Speaker 3: Now poutine counts as a kind of dirty fry, right, yes, sure not fries in a burrito that's different. Fries is an ingredient.
Speaker 5: It's delicious, but I do think it is different different. I think fries has to be the delivery mechanism for the stuff on the top of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do love just like the classic cheese fries where you get got longhorns, that very good cheese fries. So they probably still do. I just can't eat it anymore. I'll probably just explode. But because you had the fries and they had the cheese sauce and the shredded cheese and just a ton of bacon, and you would just get ranch and dip it in that also, and boy, boy, that's good.
Speaker 2: I'm a dipper. I don't like I'm like that way with chips and too. I don't want ship on top of my fries or nacho's. I want to control exactly how much of what I'm putting on it, you know, I get that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they get soggy, exactly like anytime I would go for this, like chili cheese fries, you know, simple but good. But even then, yeah, like cheese on the side gives you a little bit more choice. But anytime, yeah, you do like carneosada fries or anytime. Guy, it's just like nachos, but you're replacing the nachos with fries. Those are good too.
Speaker 1: I will say I do enjoy when like you order nachos and you get them to go because you can't finish them and they get all coagulated and stick together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's one lie like that Saving silver right, We've all seen Saving Silverman.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: Okay, there's this.
Speaker 3: When I get nachos, I always get one chip and put it in the dep right away, and I ate that one way later because it does get like that real kind of like super saturated, kind of softy texture. So I kind of like that on the Bartilla chips.
Speaker 5: There's a place in Providence called Frisky Fries downtown that is just it's a FRI's establishment. They put stuff on the fries, and they had a pulled pork one that was a go to when I was drunk walking through downtown Providence. They also had a sweet one. It was like cinnamon sugar and then they would put whipped cream on it. And I didn't really fuck with that one because it conceptually.
Speaker 1: And scared me. That sounds too heavy, but yeah, all right, I want to give a special shout out to all the emailers. We got an obscene amount of emails this week compared to normally and just as many newsletters. Last two emails of the show, Hey bomb Doooders. After hearing that none of you guys had tattoos, I had to finally email you to send a picture of the gb tattoo I got on my calf.
Speaker 4: Very crucially, here, Jan did not include the picture of said tattoo. Okay, okay, all right, all right, diddy, go explain some tattoos then.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I have this one which is just some water. And then I have on my it's on my left arm, and it's go. It goes from like my lower bicep to the upper part of my forearm.
Speaker 1: And then on the other.
Speaker 5: Hand, I have a squiggle portal situation that goes from the middle of my forearm and then it wraps around my wrist onto the the top of my hand. Was oh, and then I have this one, which is just some You can't see it if you're watching the video, but you know what, if you're at home and listening, you can't see it either.
Speaker 3: It's just.
Speaker 5: They are it's just colored dots.
Speaker 1: Uh. Simon continues on, this was my first tattoo, and I couldn't think of what to get parentheses. I got a voucher for Christmas, then forgot about it until near this the time, so decide to get something near and dear to me. Almost everyone I've shown it to has no clue what it means, uh, what it is meant to be, which makes it even better for me. Question if you guys were to get a tattoo that means something to you, but if you showed it to almost anyone else, they wouldn't know what it was.
Speaker 2: What would it be?
Speaker 1: Keep up the good work. Simon from Aberdeen, Scotland.
Speaker 3: PS.
Speaker 1: Please don't suit me for copyright infringement and then I've included.
Speaker 2: Too late buddy, Can we send a picture synthesis for a tattoo for human? It's pretty funny.
Speaker 1: You're looking to repossess another person's leg.
Speaker 4: It is the what what would you say like mid era giant bomb bombing.
Speaker 2: That's only twenty tens. Yeah, yeah, yeah, this.
Speaker 1: Is the day and hour redesign. Yeah of the bomb.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I like that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my favorite, my favorite version of the bomb.
Speaker 3: I like that one.
Speaker 1: I would get a brown coffee cup to commemorate my time as a little hoodlum at the coffee shop I used to work at.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 4: People know broadly what this means, but I've always said for a very long time. I've told my friends this for years and years and years. If I ever got a high ranking job at Nintendo, I would get a faint triforce on the back of my left hand.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: Because Link has the triforce on the back of his left Link the princess you save in those Zeldas. Oh, in the Zelda games.
Speaker 3: Yes, I said before, but Spaceship Earth and epcot Aka the Big golf Ball has a logo that I like a lot. If I ever gotta tattoo, it would be that and most people.
Speaker 1: Your whole back right what it is?
Speaker 4: Ah, just like oh, arm, what if Mike got a yaka is a back tattoo? But it was just Disney references.
Speaker 3: You would not see it through the hair.
Speaker 1: They would have to shave off all that hair first the tattoo.
Speaker 3: You Yeah, it would not.
Speaker 4: Be with the tattoo payment.
Speaker 2: Like I remember someone asked me this, probably on a podcast like twelve plus years ago, like what I would get if I got something, And we're like, I can't think of what I would do, like maybe like like a sleeve of the American flag And imagine I did that and now looking with a giant beard, bald guy with a big American flag sleeve. How that would rain upon meeting me? Like how much work I would have to do to be like no, no.
Speaker 3: No no no, I'm yeah, It's like.
Speaker 2: That would not go quick. I'm glad, I'd.
Speaker 1: Great almost. Yes, tattoos are almost gotten in Germany. It's good that we didn't come across another tattoo place.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Last email comes from Brett. That's right, we would have made both if you get them too. Uh sure Brad from Minneapolis, Right, And Brad is emailing about leveling up in real life? Hey, dudters, have you ever noticed how leveling up in video games is the complete opposite of leveling up in real life? If games were like real life, you leveled up, you'd have things like new pain unlocked randomily take ten hpee of damage throughout the day, or limp unlocked minus fifteen percent of movement speed. What level of up abilities would you add to games? That's trying to be like real life, Brad from Minneapolis, It would just be like a d buff of like depression and.
Speaker 4: Sometimes immediately went to depression, like you can't move for the next hour. I think it would be if stuff like left your quest log for like like you receive a quest.
Speaker 5: You receive a quest and then it shows up in your thing and then it immediately goes away, but you.
Speaker 3: Gotta go back to a different room.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good, say on the same tip as Nikki's forgetting the objective, you forget a key item of whether or not you grabbed it and picked it up. Yeah, just like checking your pockets and your inventory of like oh where did I put it?
Speaker 5: Or you have the item and there's no description because you don't remember the description, so you just you're in possession of the thing and you're like, okay, so this is green ORB.
Speaker 1: I do not remember what green orb.
Speaker 2: Is for, like inventory upgrades, so there's just more space to put stuff.
Speaker 1: Good, that'd be great. I wish I could go to my mom's house and sleep the day if I'm not feeling it, and then everything would be fine the next day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great, everything's better. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: In chat, everyone's name text bubbles says question mark, question mark, question mark, five seconds after they introduced themselves, perfect for two textboxes, and then it goes away.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm not looking forward to the game award. It's all the people whose names I should know.
Speaker 1: But oh, you know the trick.
Speaker 3: You know the trick. You know the tricks. You don't say nice to meet you, you say good to send.
Speaker 2: Did I tell you about the trick that Ben Hanson taught me about remembering names?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, So okay, this is a very Ben Hansen thing. But let's say you meet someone. Okay, you you need to imagine a celebrity with the same first name and they are carrying this person you're meeting on their shoulders. So let's say I meet someone named Chris. I have to mentally picture that person riding on like Chris catan shoulders, like like he's a dinosaur.
Speaker 3: You know, Orr, that is so wild. You said Chris and you went to Chris. That's the first Chris.
Speaker 2: What is there a more than Chris?
Speaker 3: First? Chris Smsworth, Chris Evans, Chris Rock, Chris.
Speaker 2: I don't really, I couldn't point Hm out in the police line up, but you could. You could. Hesworth. I don't. I've probably seen him something. But Pratt, you can you know it's mister papers. Come on, he's the biggest star in the world. That Mocky bone.
Speaker 3: While from Undercover Brother.
Speaker 4: It's so wild when you described it, But that basically is like the visual equivalent of a mnemonic device, Like I kind of get it, just like giving yourself something ridiculous to remembers that you'll remember the small detail as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Sean, Yeah, you'd be on Sean Michaels, what would I be on?
Speaker 4: How many of these are going to be wrestling?
Speaker 1: Mike?
Speaker 3: Are you going with? Micro?
Speaker 2: Mitch?
Speaker 3: Was Mitch?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: I want to know you're gonna know any other?
Speaker 2: That's the first Mitch I think of, Mitch McConnell, Mitch interchangeable.
Speaker 3: Is there a famous Jan the most famous Jan Janos.
Speaker 1: Jan Michael Vincent? Oh right, all right, Nikki, I saw Nicki Glazer in an episode of Beat Bobby Flay.
Speaker 3: I was like, Hey, nice, Oh dang, did she win? Did they beat Bobby FLA No, she was a judge. They usually the judges usually conspire against Bobby Flay though.
Speaker 1: All right, folks, that about does it.
Speaker 3: For emails.
Speaker 1: Bombcastigiant bomb dot com is the email address to send your emails to This is going to be an interesting week. So no game mess mornings because Grub is out on vacation. I will be out on assignment. And uh, you know, we're getting close to the Game of the Year in the Game Awards folks, so there's a lot of meetings coming up all the time, all the time, all the time. But hey, GB at night, we're doing one night the week of the Game Awards, I believe the night before the Game Awards. Also look forward to some stuff around the actual Game Awards. I don't know if we've announced that.
Speaker 2: At some point. Hey, we're supposed to announce that, right, I think we can talk about it.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it eventually.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: But for the rest of this week, Sean, you are undertaking the gigantic task of playing through days.
Speaker 3: Sean.
Speaker 1: Uh, there's gonna be some other stuff. Uh, there's gonna be a dump truck of sorts this week, maybe a d LTE club folks probably know BCR just because there's a lot of work for the team as E is. But things will be popping off this week.
Speaker 4: I'd imagine we'll cook up something for a upf just whatever the hell we want to pat or something plays zombies. I don't know, because we'll probably four of us.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and what we learned to We learned that Jesus fucking Christ, things are boozy over here. And I gotta go pack because I've yet to pack. I don't know where my passport is either.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, you don't need that. I kind of do my cage.
Speaker 1: I'm good for it at the chill chill, folks, that does it. Thank you for joining us for a special Monday edition of the Giant bomb Cast. They have been Nikki, he's been Sean, he's been Mike, he's been Dan, I've been Jad and you and home have been doing great. Go drink some water, Go breathe some fresh air. Go I don't know, look up the Cinnamon Challenge videos from twenty fourteen and laugh. And what a different time it was in the world when we didn't really have to.
Speaker 3: Worry as much. But we should be worrying.
Speaker 1: Folks.
Speaker 3: Go check in on loved ones I don't know, do that, or check in on yourself.
Speaker 1: We'll see next week. But also next week is gonna be weird because the Thanksgiving week here in the States will probably have a bomb cast. We might even have a light club. Uh, since I think grubbed his back next week, but will say good bye.
Speaker 3: I've been getting some texts from Jeff. He's been having fun Disney World. He's an Animal Kingdom today. He's been enjoying all the avatar them to offer ranks. He's a good time. He got the kids each their own little avatar Ekron. So that's cute.
Speaker 2: Is that good?
Speaker 1: Do you want what you want?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 3: You know the little dragon things they fly at the end of the ride, kind of make your own and buy one like the lights kind of like the Lightsabers. Yeah, not quite as much of a to do as we did the Lightsabers. It's like half a show. The Ghost of Yoda talks to you at the n thing is animal part of like this complex that I saw.
Speaker 2: You were in disney Land only Oh so the Animal came tom a whole separate place.
Speaker 3: So Walt Disney World. There are four theme parks.
Speaker 2: Oh so he's in Orlando. He's in Orlando. Yeah. Oh, I've been to Typhoon Lagoon. That's a good one. That's a solid water.
Speaker 3: Does episod about it on nineties Disney A good one to listen to that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we can't yeah, but we can't hear him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the show is writerless about Ja.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna say, like, does Jan just not know how to host anymore.
Speaker 1: Water parks? Broadly?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, one hundred per I love water parks, but I don't do the slides very much, and I never did a much these days even less, but just lazy rivers and why pools and just kind of lounging about and tiki bars all that crap.
Speaker 2: I want the biggest crazy are we on the internet?
Speaker 5: Jan just disappeared gone, and we're because that's where, because that's where I'm looking at you, because I still don't have my video Ninja window, so I'm looking at all of us but delayed.
Speaker 2: I like, I like the biggest crazy marks you can find. Uh, Like the last one I went to, like a year after I went there, a kid got his head ripped off about the uh and it was like a senator's son or a congressman's son. They got his head ripped off, and so they closed it and tore it down.
Speaker 1: The kid that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ten year old that snuck on he was under or whatever, and there were two ladies and then there they came down the slide and then I head rolled down the slide.
Speaker 3: That's fuck me up. Back here. This podcast is getting dark.
Speaker 4: Kid about giant bomb killing kids today. This is a messed up day.
Speaker 2: Look up schlitterbond in Kansas City. It's a bad bad scene. The river was good before that also had to get torn down because it was associated with the capitation.
Speaker 5: There's there's a lazy River at Marango Good Times, which is the casino that is like by Palm Springs, And I've only been there underage. So everything I did was hang out in the lazy River with my sister while my mom and grandma gambled in the casino on penny slots for like four hours, and I just kind of hang out in the lazy river. It was pretty good. I haven't been in a lazy Oh, penny slots.
Speaker 1: Should we get into penny slots.
Speaker 2: It's good for free drinks.
Speaker 3: All the old ladies in my family dead right, Like, they all were super into that. I think a lot of them are dead now. But they would like take buses through the casino and then just put money in penny slots and then come back, and that seemed to make them happy.
Speaker 4: I realized this, but our penny slots still one like just I.
Speaker 2: Think they still exist. I mean you can still find the like you know, here's the Nickel video poker stuff, and if you go to like Circus Circus, you'll probably find a whole district of those.
Speaker 3: Jen Jen there he is weird are great because it's like your.
Speaker 2: Just for us though.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's all.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Uh, pump your fists still you're fine?
Speaker 3: Now, Okay, that's it.
Speaker 4: Remember what we consider pre recording this the thing that would these issues that would never work.
Speaker 1: No, hold on, my mike, keep keep talking, my audios.
Speaker 2: Do you all remember this weekend the boxing was boring?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 5: Where did you watch?
Speaker 2: At a watch bar in Minneapolis? And it was very loud. Everybody was very excited for the first round and you can see every tod the excitement level going down and people leaving. U bummer.
Speaker 4: I was watching Maximilian Dude get ready to fight Mike Tyson in punch Out. That was a very good bit that he did, and he said, I'm going to wait until the fight is over so that way as made people as possible will get in here. I'm like, okay, well, I guess I'll pull up the fight just cause because everyone else is waiting on it. And so I caught the last two rounds and.
Speaker 5: It was where they were standing around for I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, you tell me. Was it better in the first couple rounds where they had l or it?
Speaker 2: It was just when there was the possibility that like, oh, Tyson might just pull out some crazy ass appercut and kill this guy, and then it just became very clear that, like, this is not going to happen. So, uh, excitement maybe lasted forty five seconds.
Speaker 4: I would say, okay, cool.
Speaker 1: And also I watched it at a David Busters, which I think is like the ideal place to.
Speaker 3: Go watch that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Right, And by the end of it, people were booing the televisions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good time.
Speaker 3: I was playing of Hearts too instead smart.
Speaker 1: That's a way better way to spend the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been looking at Yeah.
Speaker 4: You could have said pretty much anything there, Mike.
Speaker 1: Ah, Oh my mic sounds super low, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lovey.
Speaker 5: It's good that Netflix hasn't signed any long term live television programming deals because it seemed like they had some issues with the live stream.
Speaker 2: I heard that at the bar I was at. It was fine, but I heard it was pretty widespread at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was rough at the Dave and Busters. Oh really, okay, it did.
Speaker 5: It was cutting in and out. It was like some some of them because it was really I could tell that they weren't like all on the same Netflix account because they were off slightly. So it seemed like there were like fifteen TVs.
Speaker 1: Or whatever, but like half of them were on one Netflix account and half of them were on another one, so they were out of sync and offering and artifacting and the sound was weird.
Speaker 5: So it just kind of seemed it was a miserable experience.
Speaker 3: Top her.
Speaker 4: Maybe their Internet was just complete ass and they didn't all.
Speaker 1: Possible, also possible, And then I played Papa Shot for a while.
Speaker 3: I just really liked the sentence. It was rough at the Dave and Busters. I got my ear drum burst out of Dave and Busters in Kansas City.
Speaker 1: How did that happen?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was on a first date and we were playing big Buck Hunter and we were competing against each other, and believe it or not, I was doing a little bit of like ha I won type of stuff and she hit me in the ear open a slapped me in the ear and burst my ear drum. First day?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then did you go again?
Speaker 2: I don't think she was a fan of the the playful, competitive razzing.
Speaker 4: Yes, first day? Do you say first date?
Speaker 2: Birthday?
Speaker 3: Given for a first date energy Dan, we're talking.
Speaker 2: Twenty three year old Dan. That was at different, much more subdued man.
Speaker 3: Now, hmmm, all right, Jan working.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna no, no, no, it is not sound sound like it sounds like you have asshole.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jan, it's a great show. Good one sounds like aw.
Speaker 3: No, it sounds like a robot.
Speaker 1: What I sound like a robot in my own head?
Speaker 3: Yeah you too? Oh no, that's a problem.
Speaker 1: Oh god, y'all ever had a Long Island iced tea? I had my first one at the David Buster because I felt like that was appropriate.
Speaker 4: The first drink I had my twenty first birthday was a long You I were just a terrible job, Nikki, And I was like, yep, I'm I'm legally getting messed up after this, and.
Speaker 3: I sure did. It was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fat shows at Ku this bar they would have on Wednesday's dollar fifty long Island iced teas, no bad nights.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was not good that's such a good deal.
Speaker 2: What was the mid seventies?
Speaker 5: So yeah, Jane says, we're canceling the episode so he can restart his computer and we'll be back right after these commercial messages.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounded crazy.
Speaker 1: Should we still keep recording?
Speaker 3: Keep recording, I'll be right back.
Speaker 4: Oh no, remember save your audio. Remember saving your audio before you restart.
Speaker 1: I okay, yeah, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay,