Speaker 1: Head over to NFL shop dot com today for the largest collection of officially licensed gear from all your favorite brands. NFL Shop is your ultimate destination for the official NFL sideline collection worn by players and coaches on game day. Explore the same sideline and on field gear worn by your favorite players and coaches at NFL Shop to shop now go to nflshop dot com.
Speaker 2: Every day when you log into chumbacasino dot com, the ultimate online social casino, you get a free daily bonus. Imagine if you got daily bonuses in other parts of your life.
Speaker 3: I chose French Fries, overloaded French Fries.
Speaker 4: I asked Stuart from accounting about his weekend even though I don't care.
Speaker 5: I updated my operating system without having to call tech support.
Speaker 2: Collect your free daily bonus at jumbacasino dot com. Now jump and live the Jumba life you don't remember necessary for We're phibited by lots in terms of eighty.
Speaker 6: Bus Black Friday is coming, and for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and under thirty seconds at the push of a button, and right now, Bartsian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartesian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off. Amazing toys aren't.
Speaker 3: Just for kids.
Speaker 6: Get one hundred off a cocktail maker when you spend four hundred Through Cyber Monday, visit Bartsian dot com slash cocktail. That's pa r T s I a N dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 5: There's something coming to East Austin that I'm not exactly sure about, but I got a feeling I won't be going. I'm just saying, all right, we'll get to that in just a second. It's the JB and Sandy are My name is Sandy. This is JB. Hello, and Tricia is here too.
Speaker 3: Hip friends.
Speaker 7: You just joined us. You missed the earlier part of the show. You can grab it.
Speaker 5: Grab the podcast, search the Sandy Show and look for the ones labeled the JB and Sandy Show. So, JB say, this is happening at Caesar Chavez and Pleasant Valley?
Speaker 7: Is that right?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 8: Back where the softball fields are not far from just a little bit north of that. Yeah, you're in the right area. But uh yeah, bath Austin, Like we're getting a I guess this is more of a European kind of thing, a bathouse.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, that immediately has a image to it, but it's probably not what I'm thinking.
Speaker 7: Can you tell us more?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm looking at a photo that looks at pools and it looks very jungle roomish, lots of vegetation, lots. There's a finish dry sauna, which will be the largest of his kind. Thirty people can go in there comfortably, What about uncomfortably. Let's push the limits. There's a there's a salt cave.
Speaker 3: Oh I did that. I did it help. It was cool. It was something very mesmerizing.
Speaker 9: And they played the bowls, you know when they do the Yeah, I don't know what that's called.
Speaker 3: The balls. It was oddly soothing.
Speaker 8: Yes, now it's gonna have pools just for dipping into heated mineral pools, a steam room, a eucalyptus steam room, and alixer lounge confused with adaptogens, superfoods, cacao and kava, treatment rooms for massage, body where and stuff like that, and a sound lounge. For an additional charge, guests can access. The immersive sound Lounge will include vibrating sound beds, weighted blankets, headphones, imasks. I guess you can just go veg out in there. Yeah, doesn't say what it's going to cost to use it. I doubt it's cheap, but I don't know. I just m there's something here. There'll be a scandal there.
Speaker 7: Absolutely there will be.
Speaker 5: So Jimmy, is is the one that you're looking at called Bathhouse at x dot com.
Speaker 8: It just says on here because Austin with an E on it b a T H E bath.
Speaker 5: Okay, because there's another one too, bathhouse at x dot com. Here's something that will get your attention. When I went to the rules section of their website, under swimwear is.
Speaker 3: Not allowed, not allowed, not allowed. Yeah, you know what happens when you have that rule. It's a bunch of dudes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly right, you are.
Speaker 3: Have you been to Hippie Hollow? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I never have been to Hippie Hollow, which I've always just seen.
Speaker 3: But you've seen it, You've seen it from the lake.
Speaker 8: It's it's you know, if anyone's new here and hasn't been or hasn't seen it, you're picturing a beach.
Speaker 3: It is nothing like.
Speaker 8: It's more like mountain goats.
Speaker 9: Men and tivas with fanny packs and no clothes on.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I did get the lowdown finally on the rules. I was always confused by the rules and Hippie Hollow, like do you just walk in naked?
Speaker 7: Or do you take your clothes off when you get on?
Speaker 3: Are you leave it on six twenty start right?
Speaker 5: But then I was told by someone when we talked about this once before, that no, you disrobe inside of Hippie Hollow. You just go it and you go in and then right, So I've sit on the cliffs, right, and but it's okay to wear your clothes if you want. Now that would make you feel a little weird too. There's just a weird spot no matter what you're doing there it's weird.
Speaker 9: A whole lot of other places to go if you want to wear your clothes, Why would you go to the place where the naked people are if you're not going to be naked too?
Speaker 3: That makes it weird, right, Yeah? I wonder how this place will do that.
Speaker 8: I mean, it seems like maybe it's just because I'm paying attention to this stuff, but it seems like these wellness things are popping up on every corner. Yeah, that's true, and then not of all of them are going to make it. You know, It's just there's no way. It just seems like a flood of it.
Speaker 3: Too much, too fast. Yeah, I think so, it doesn't.
Speaker 5: Didn't Dallas You lived in Dallas years and years and years ago, But didn't Dallas have a pretty famous bath house that was.
Speaker 3: I think so down by White Rock Lake maybe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that sounds right. I know they're huge in New York. They've been and they've been around for one hundred years in New York City. In fact, somehow my Instagram feed got kept getting bathhouse feeds in it with people now their co ed and they're legit trash.
Speaker 3: He's looking at you somehow. No idea how this got in my friend, right.
Speaker 5: I mean, it was just people coming out of it going, yeah, it's great, it's great, it's great. Turkish baths is what it was, Turkish Russian baths. I don't know what the difference is there, Tricia. Didn't you do one in Turkey?
Speaker 9: Yes, when we went to Istanbul, we went to a Hammam massage, but it was the big pools that you could get in, you could wear clothes, and I did not see anybody naked. The only time I was naked was when they were doing the massage. And they're a little bit less restrictive on massage in your body there than they are here, because I was like, okay, all right, all right, we're a massage, all right, wearing Turkey.
Speaker 3: It's fine, it's fine, it's fine. It was fine, it was great.
Speaker 9: But yeah, I mean, they were a lot less restrictive with stuff like that. So I wonder if that'll carry over if they hear in the States, Jamie.
Speaker 7: The one you're talking about, is it open yet?
Speaker 3: I don't believe so.
Speaker 7: I think the one that I was talking about is.
Speaker 3: Coming in fall of twenty twenty five, so it's going to be a year.
Speaker 5: Right, Okay, Well, be interesting to check out. But you're right. I think it's going to attract a lot of dudes. You're right, Yeah, you know what I'm saying. A lot of dudes are going to be there of ours severe see, maybe they'll just go from playing softball over to the to the house time.
Speaker 8: Let me ask you, this wasn't I mean Barton Springs originally was a bathhouse inside some regard.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, right, I think so. Yeah.
Speaker 9: I remember going there as a little girl, going into the bathroom and wandering back behind the where you get to change clothes.
Speaker 3: And then some ladies sunbathing naked in this little walled in yard and I was all from there. It's weird, no roote, and so they could sun with some privacy.
Speaker 9: But then at the same time people were sitting topless outside, so.
Speaker 5: It was probably is still topless, isn't there like two separate times. I mean the Barton Springs in twenty years.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you can still be topless of Bartners.
Speaker 8: You can, I think you can anywhere in Austin. Actually, yeah, on the uh I want to say Robert E. Lee side, it's not Robert E. Lee anymore.
Speaker 9: It's that uh Asia then starts with an a. I can't think of the name Morton as you Morton. Yes, this was where I saw where the changing roams where we're on the Zulker Park side.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, okay, all right, and that's the naked side.
Speaker 9: There was a little naked room with no roof that ladies were sunbathing naked. And I wigged out when I was like eight.
Speaker 8: Did you know right by the pool and in the park there's a bomb shelter?
Speaker 3: No, whoa really built in the fifties.
Speaker 8: Really, yep, it was a It was a model like where you could go look at one if you wanted to have one built.
Speaker 3: Really, it's apparently still there.
Speaker 8: I don't know exactly where, but it's right there, you know where that I think it's where that whole hillside thing is.
Speaker 3: And yeah, but it was like it was like a showroom bomb shelter.
Speaker 5: That's weird to think that people were shopping for those, right what any good?
Speaker 8: Well, you know, my wife and I looked at buying a house just off of South Congress that had a bomb shelter in the front yard. I just thought it be the ultimate man cave. No, kid, that's funny. You are just like maybe two blocks off of Congress. Aaron said, no on that.
Speaker 3: Huh, well, we.
Speaker 8: Were looking at it as an investment property and passed on. Now right, if I own something two blocks off Congress, are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no kidding. Well, we'll let you know when that old bath house opens up. That's going to be I have a little man dates handy. I'll put the over under at thirty days before there's an incident.
Speaker 7: Yes, stay with us. More coming up.
Speaker 5: It's the Jamian Sandy Hour and a kind of a flashback show tonight at the Moody Center. Cindy Lauper is playing wowk about a flashback? She was big, like, I don't know. We're in junior, senior in high school. She's got to be in her late sixties by now. I'm guess.
Speaker 8: I just recently looked it up because I saw that she was coming and I thought, how old is she? Because I remember her being older than you think, because she's such a young at heart person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's seventy one.
Speaker 5: Oh really, you were just talking about her about how great she was because you watched the We Are the World documentary.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 9: I watched it last weekend the making of We Are the World. I've never watched it before. I was blown away by it. I heard that song like everybody did what was in eighty four eighty five, But watching how they put it together, how they wrote it, how they pieced it.
Speaker 3: Together on all film day, Yes, was amazing.
Speaker 9: And I decided that the part that Cindy Lapper sings along with Huey Lewis and who's the other person in that little trio maybe Algio where she does that yell at the.
Speaker 3: End of her part, do you know what I'm talkingalking about?
Speaker 9: Got a change that the whole song for me now thirty years later.
Speaker 8: And in the making of it, her jewelry around so much she had to take it off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like what's that sound? What's that sound? And it was her bracelets and necklaces and stuff. Yeah, and Algero got just think and drunk.
Speaker 9: Kept drinking bottles of wine. Waylon Jennings got mad and left. Oh that's right, Yeah it was. It was very cool. And Sandy had watched it before me, and now he says that he wants hue Lewis to be his new best friend.
Speaker 5: Hugh Lewis was just so cool and humble in it. He was like, I was freaking out in that room with all those singers. He's like, I'm not that great of a singer, you.
Speaker 8: Know, They're all like I want to be in charge. That had to have been so hard to pull off. Yeah, Quincy Jones was there. Lionel Ritchie was is like herding cats. If you've not seen this song and that just passed away, didn't he?
Speaker 9: I watched it because of hearing about it talking about him passing away, And Lionel Richie said, above the door before all the celebrities walked in, they put a big sign that said check your ego at the door.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I know that many superstars, and they weren't allowed to bring their entourage or their helpers.
Speaker 3: It was just them, so you can't get out of control.
Speaker 7: JB.
Speaker 5: Do you remember when those of you that may not know, JB and I did a radio show together every morning, four hours a day for eighteen years in Austin.
Speaker 3: That sounds daunting when you say, now it does.
Speaker 5: Do you remember when we had dan Aykroyd on the show and he got some pissed off at me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he was pimping Crystal Skull vodka. Yeah, and I asked him, I go, we are the world. Why were you there?
Speaker 3: So everybody got mad.
Speaker 7: And you know, he had a pet answer for it though.
Speaker 5: Here was well the Blues Brother touring show was the biggest single tour of the year that year, and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. And I'm like, yeah, but you're not Johnshi, you know what I mean. He got really pissed when I asked him that, because he's clearly been asked that before. But he did look like a fish out of water, right, yeah, right, really, whether he wants to admit it or not, he looked like.
Speaker 7: A fish out of water at that whole thing.
Speaker 8: Funny thing about Cindy Lapper. So when I was a producer, sidekick, whatever you want to call it in Dallas, when when Kiss FM got launched, yep, Cindy comes through. In the host he was a guy named Kid Kratic. He's no longer with us, I think it's been eleven years. But to the kid, he he said, all right, take Cindy, We're gonna do this.
Speaker 3: Just two blocks.
Speaker 8: Away from the station was a blockbuster music music like a big maybe it wasn't Blockbuster, but a big mega music store like a Tower Records or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 8: It wasn't Tower, but I can't remember exactly what it was, but it's huge, huge record store. He goes go down there with Cindy and see if they'll give her her own record for free, and she was.
Speaker 3: So down to do it. We went down there and.
Speaker 8: She was like, yeah, can I like have this record? They did, She did copy of her own record, and then she signed some for them and left time.
Speaker 3: She was sweet.
Speaker 8: So I just always liked her because she's just like this scrappy punk from the streets of New York that could say, yeah, I contend that time after Time is one of the best pop songs ever written. The next time that comes on, just sit there and like really listen to and you go, god, this is a good song.
Speaker 5: And she was back then for her, it was tough to get any publicity because Madonna dominated everything. And remember it was like how she ever got a hit when Madonna was doing her thing back in the eighties.
Speaker 8: It's pretty amazing. Yeah, I mean, Cindy played well on an MTV.
Speaker 5: And she got remember oh I don't remember that she got involved with with wrestling back early. You know, WrestleMania comes around every year, right, were like the first or second one. They wanted to have a bunch of stars there, like Muhammad Ali was a guest referee, and Cyndi Lauper had teamed up with one of the guys, Captain Lou Albano, and she was all in on wrestling, and it.
Speaker 3: Just sounds like a democratic convention, it sounds like.
Speaker 5: But yeah, she So she's playing tonight at the Moody Center, and uh, that seems like you know who else?
Speaker 7: Trician I saw commercial the other day and we're.
Speaker 5: Like, they're playing at the Moody Center, Alabama and the Melanie Brothers and out.
Speaker 7: That Alabama had long since retired.
Speaker 3: That mountain over there. One of these days, I'm climbing that mountain.
Speaker 5: That's that's how the song started.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's how the mountain music started out.
Speaker 3: But is it the Moody Center. There's a huge venue. Are they filling up this Moody Center?
Speaker 7: I guess they are.
Speaker 8: I don't know, maybe they don't have it fully open in the round. Like I went and saw Neighborgatzi there and it was the whole arena maybe they close off a portion of it. They could just be in between. Yeah, yeah, that's true. I don't know if we what's the in between venues Stubbs. Yeah, actually the HTV Center in Cedar Park. Yeah, it's really good.
Speaker 5: But that's a that Moody Center is really built for Longhorn basketball. It's great for Longhorn basketball. I went to a game last year. Don't know how bad it used to be at the Irwin Center.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Head over to NFL shop dot com today for the largest collection of officially licensed gear from all your favorite brands. NFL Shop is your ultimate destination for the official NFL sideline collection worn by players and coaches on game day. Explore the same sideline and on field gear warned by your favorite players and coaches at NFL Shop. To shop now, go to nflshop dot com.
Speaker 4: Ryan Seacrest here. When you have a busy schedule, it's important to maximize your downtime. One of the best ways to do that is by going to Chumbucasino dot com. Chumpbu Casino has all your favorite social casino games like spin, slots, bingo, and solitaire that you can play for free for a chance to redeem some serious prizes. So hop on to chumbuck Casino dot com now and live the Chumba life sponsored by Chumpa Casino. No purchase necessary, VGW group void. We're prohibited by Law eighteen plus. Terms and conditions apply.
Speaker 6: Black Friday is coming, And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Martisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than six seasonal and classic cocktails each in under thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartesian at the push of a button, make bar quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off. Amazing toys aren't just for kids. Get one hundred off a cocktail maker when you spend four hundred. Through Cyber Monday, visit Bartsian dot com slash cocktail. That's b A r t E s i a n dot com slash cocktail