Speaker 1: It's Fix sinety six to nine, the Valley's Best Mix. I'm Priscilla. It's time for What's Trending, brought to you by Hila River Resorts and Casinos.
Speaker 2: I guess Lana Delray really is in love.
Speaker 1: With this Alligator tour guide Jeremy durf Rain, because she has obtained a marriage license. I am just so dumbfounded by this, but she is set to She got it on September twenty third, and they have thirty days from today to actually get married. So we'll see if by October twenty third she is married to mister Alligator Man.
Speaker 2: This is kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Billy Joel stops selling front row tickets to his concerts.
Speaker 2: He was tired of scalpers reselling to rich.
Speaker 1: People who were not quote unquote real fans, So now he has his crew bring down fans from the worst seats from up above and puts people in the front row that are gonna have a good time speaking a good time. Lady Ga Gay is on Cloud nine. She announced the release of her new album LG seven. It's set to come out in February, and she says the first singles coming out really really soon, so keep an eye out for that.
Speaker 2: She is so excited.
Speaker 1: That's live, I'm mixcit He six nine, The Valley's Best Mix, I'm Priscilla. Don't forget your chance to go to Universal Studios Hollywood. Halloween Horn Nights is coming up at seven twenty five this morning, But surprise, Shawty Hoda announced that she's leaving the Today Show. Her announcement was pretty shocking to fans and in fact some of the staff too. They didn't realize that she was hanging up her hat. And she's been on the show since two thousand and seven, which is wild. She did say that she was going to be stay a part of the NBC family, just didn't say what capacity. But the part that really got us is how emotional she got addressing her co host Jenna Bush.
Speaker 3: And just took a deep breath and I thought about you, of course, because it's like certain relationships are one in a million, and this is and that's why it's hard, Because saying goodbye to something that's not working, something hads tired, and something you don't want is easy. But saying goodbye to something that's amazing is hard, really hard hard, It's really so.
Speaker 1: Oh my heart is hurting, but it sounds like they had a really beautiful relationship. So we're sending a hold a lot of love while she finishes out.
Speaker 2: Her career at the Today Show.
Speaker 1: Okay, on the way, it is a beautiful morning in Arizona, so of course we're going to play some music to match the mood. Fallout, Boy on the Way, Shaboozie, Taylor Swift. It's all coming up on Mix ninety six nine. It's Mix ninety six to nine, Valley's Best Mix. It's time for your dropper of the day.
Speaker 2: It's not girl, I think you drop something my jaw, all right, sid So what is the scoop on Ketchup? Do you like ketchup? I can't. I have to have it.
Speaker 4: Yes, I do too, Okay, I feel like some people really don't like it. But apparently in the eighteen hundreds, ketchup was used for medicine, really in what perspective like They said that they could treat diarrhea, indigestion, jaundice, and it was as far one doctor sold them as a form of tomato pills.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, And I'm sure obviously they've debunked that since then. It's funny though, because I do know that, Like there are other foods that were originally marketed as medicine, like marshmallows were created for sore throats. I also read that graham crackers were originally made Are you ready for this to prevent people from having lust and desire while maintaining a strong sense of health. So basically it was like curb your appetite for oh cerb but that appetite I was like what expert back then thought whatever graham crackers had an ingredient for They're like giving all the women graham crackers a while settled down. And then also when Coca Cola was originally created, it was created as a health drink. They thought that the the bubbly you know, the what's the carbonation created good digestion.
Speaker 4: It's like a ginger all growing up in the Midwest, so like, yoh, you're not feeling well.
Speaker 2: Haven't been trail exactly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now we know it like burns car batteries. There's so much sugar all right on the way, we have your chance to go to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween whore Nights coming up around seven to twenty five.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful, says it.
Speaker 1: Oh It's six ninety six Night of the Valley's Best Mix and Priscilla, It's time for What's Trending, brought to you by Hilo River Resorts and Casinos.
Speaker 2: And that's where we start with HLA Happening.
Speaker 1: So Cheap Trick is gonna be at wild Horse Pass October third. They're the ones that saying, I want yude wanm me.
Speaker 2: You know I'm going with that.
Speaker 1: Also, if you are down to watch the Cardinals game this weekend, or maybe some of you football or a UFC or boxing matches coming up, you can watch it on the big screens at the bet MGM Sports Book at any of the locations. And then Ferrari Fortunes every Friday in October at seven pm. Winners are drawn for cash prizes and free bonus play, and then the grand finale will take place on November first at wild Horse Pass, where one lucky winner will drive away with a brand new Ferrari.
Speaker 2: This is so Cool.
Speaker 1: A downtown Phoenix restaurant was named among the best in US by The New York Times. Mister Bonds Bar and Mukata in Downtown Phoenix was named one of the Best American Bars Top fifty which is so cool. They specialize in tile style food where diners grill their own meats. Cocktail menu features creative drinks with Tai influences, so make.
Speaker 2: Sure you check that out. By the way, about.
Speaker 1: An hour ago I told you that Lna del Rey applied for a marriage license. Well super quick. They officially got married yesterday.
Speaker 2: How wild. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: It blows my mind. It just doesn't seem like a fit for her. But to each their own. By the way, the cards play with the Washington Commanders this Sunday at one pm at State Farms Stadium, So make sure you check that out.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do this.
Speaker 1: If you want to go to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights, give us a call now six oh two two six oh oh nine six nine.
Speaker 2: That's six oh two two, six oh oh nine, six nine.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: It's Mix ninety six nine, the Valley's Best Mix.
Speaker 1: We're about to get into our hot topic, but just a reminder, Alternative income is making its way to Mix ninety six nine. We want to give you a free shot at one thousand dollars every hour, every weekday. It starts Monday morning at nine am with me and again we're not trying to get up in your business. We just want to tip you off to an alternative income.
Speaker 2: So that's extra cash.
Speaker 1: You can win your share of over three hundred thousand dollars starting Monday with again alternative income.
Speaker 2: Okay, So for a.
Speaker 1: Hot topic, Sid, did you hear what happened with a quote quote Bridgerton Ball in Detroit.
Speaker 2: Actually, all my friends were posting about this.
Speaker 1: So there was this production company that put on a Bridgerton Ball experience, but it ended up being like fire festival, like the Willy Wonka do Like festival? Back was that in London? Yes, it was just a disaster. We'll put the video and pictures on our Instagram at Mix ninety six to nine FM. But some of the things fans are saying were raw chicken. The photo experiences were literal, just like Party City.
Speaker 2: Decor not party City.
Speaker 1: They said that they were certain they saw some of the decor at Dollar General.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. They had an exotic dancer there.
Speaker 1: Detroit, and here's the cherry on top they had. They were promised classical music, but they had one violin player that was a high school girl that they didn't pay.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, and.
Speaker 4: She didn't get paid, and these tickets were expensive, guys like this is one hundred and fifty dollars a potcas.
Speaker 1: It was actually really funny because you see all these people dressed to the nines and then they're in like a school gym nightmare.
Speaker 2: How annoying.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: So it made us think for our hot topic today is what is something you were so excited for that ended up being a total flop? Flowers and Friends, It'll forever be lovers and friends. We were so excited to go. I got canceled, like what twelve hours before, literally at ten o'clock the night before the festival. We're in Las Vegas. Briscilla wasn't even there yet. I know, I'm actually in the hotel room. I'm actually surprised I ended up going to be honest with you, so disappointing.
Speaker 4: And so many artists we wanted to see. We were so excited. We had planned our outfits, I know, and it was just canceled.
Speaker 2: I know it was not.
Speaker 1: So I'm trying to think of if there was something else that I was so excited for that ended up being a flop.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. I think that's that takes the cake.
Speaker 4: I when we was first dating my husband, we were driving down to Mexico and we took my car and the registration was expired, and I was so excited for the trip on.
Speaker 2: This the whole day. Need to turn around because I would to let us through the border. Okay, that's what we're gonna do. If you were so excited for something that ended up being a flop, we want to hear it.
Speaker 1: Six oh two two, six oh oh nine, six nine. That's six o two two, six oh oh nine, six nine.
Speaker 2: It's exciting.
Speaker 1: Sixty nine The Valley's Best Mix. My name is Priscilla. We're in the middle of our hot topic and we're asking you, what is that thing that you were so excited for that ended up being a total flop. We got James on the phone, James, what was it for you?
Speaker 4: Well, for me, it was actually I bought like nine hundred dollars tickets to the game five with the Nuggets and Sons. We were losing by twenty five points before halftime.
Speaker 1: I left at.
Speaker 2: Halftime because You're like, I'm done. This is not what I wanted it to be exactly. All right, let's move on to sherry.
Speaker 1: Sherry, what is that thing you're really excited for that turned out to be a fullop?
Speaker 5: Well, your wedding day, you're it's supposed to be, like you want everything to go perfect, right, yeah, yeah, and just so many things went wrong. So for example, the limousine did not have air conditioning, and it was a hot, humid day in the Midwest and everyone is just stripping sweat. My whole bridal party. It rained and the kitchen flooded. For the where our reception was, there was no waiters, and waitresses were coming out with wet shoes. And then so one more thing. My third thing is the bouquet was supposed to have white roses and when I took it out of the box when they were delivered, I only had pink. And I'm like, well it prom instead of having like a bridle. Okay, So yeah, there were some hiccups. It was supposed you know, so I would.
Speaker 1: Have to say, let me ask you this though, Please tell me that wasn't a sign. And you and your husband are still married.
Speaker 5: No, we've been married at twenty six years.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 1: See, maybe it was the sign of good luck, like if you guys.
Speaker 5: Could get past the ray definitely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, thanks Chary. You know what for calling us up.
Speaker 1: We're gonna hook you up with the pair of tickets to Viva Phoenix in downtown Phoenix on October nineteenth, So thank you again for that.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, hang tight, all right, let's keep this going.
Speaker 1: If you have something that you were so excited about and then it was total flopping, you're like, really, we want to hear at six oh two two six oh oh nine six nine. That's six oh two two, six oh oh nine, six nine. It's mixed ninety six nine the Valley's Best Mix. I'm Priscilla and Sid. This hurricane in Florida is so intense, so I know, so there's been a lot of talk.
Speaker 2: It's in Tallahassee.
Speaker 1: It's called Hurricane Helen Helene, and they're calling it a dangerous category for storm. I think I saw that the it is now like lowered to a tropical storm. But the warnings that they were giving out before we knew all of that, the police department said, like sent out their scariest warning yet, and they said, if you or someone you know chose not to evacuate, please write your name, your birthday and important information on your arm or leg in a permanent marker and they put that in all caps and said so that we can identify you and notify your family.
Speaker 2: Wow, I know that's intense. I mean, it says four million without power this morning.
Speaker 1: I am so curious why anyone would choose to stay like I understand you just never know. But there are the experts, you know, they know what's up. Like in fact, there's this video that went viral this morning of a man and a dog being rescued in the high seas because his like boat capsized.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, we'll get the dog go.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: We'll put this video up on our Instagram at ninety six to nine FM.
Speaker 1: But just a warning to everybody at the end of the day, like, listen to the experts. They know what's going on, you know what I mean? Yes, all right, coming up, we have What's Trending. We're gonna give you an update on Lona del Rey plus commercial free music all starting around eight twenty five.
Speaker 2: Right here on mix It's.
Speaker 1: Mix ninety six to nine, the Valley's Best Mix, and it is time for What's Trending. It's brought to you by Hila River Resorts and Casinos and Maggie Smith, one of the most distinguished actresses she starred in Harry Potter, has passed away at.
Speaker 2: The age of eighty nine.
Speaker 1: Lived a beautiful life and we're all gonna remember her from Downton Abbey and Harry Potter. People's Choice Awards were last night. Shaboozi won New Artists of the Year for Tipsy Dasha one Best Female Song of the Year with Austin. They did amazing. But the thing I'm really excited about listen. I've always wanted to go to New York during the holidays because I heard it is so magical, and now more than ever, I want to go after hearing the iHeartRadio twenty twenty four jingle Bell Lineup, Tate McCrae, Katie Perry, twenty one Pilots, Teddy Swims, Benson Boone, Shaboozi.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 1: It's at Madison Square Garden December thirteenth. Also, this is kind of cool. There is a new trend. These are the trends I love. It's called the she Deserved the Purse trend and basically there was a video that went viral of a mom that put a purse back at the baby food aisle, and it just really showed like she wanted this purse but decided to get baby food instead. So now moms and women across the country are hiding like money and gift cards in the lids of formula and diaper boxes, just so the moms can get something for themselves too. Whoever ends up buying that kind of like a little surprise. So we love it when everyone takes care of each other.
Speaker 2: It's what makes us great. Right, don't forget your.
Speaker 1: Chance to go to Viva Fina coming up this morning just after nine oh five.
Speaker 2: Let's get back into some music.
Speaker 1: Here's three Doors Down on Mixed ninety six nine. It's Mixed ninety six nine, the Valley's best mixer. Chance to go to Viva Phoenix is coming up at nine oh five. Say it's time for the vibe check, and I would want to know, since you're about to have a baby, if your friend sent this text, if they would pass.
Speaker 2: The vibe check. Oh I love this.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this mom went on social media and just shared that this is the perfect text to send to a new mom. It says, good morning, my love I am yours from the hours of twelve to three tomorrow, so please let me know.
Speaker 2: How you would like to use me. Here are some options.
Speaker 1: One, I can come while you hang out with the baby and do laundry, bottles, cooking, buy and put groceries away, basically do chores.
Speaker 4: Two.
Speaker 2: I can come and take care of.
Speaker 1: The baby while you sleep alone or do something by yourself. Or you guys can go out without the baby.
Speaker 4: Three.
Speaker 1: I can come and take you out to lunch with or without the baby. Or we can sit on the couch and just chat or watch a funny movie with baby.
Speaker 2: You decide whenever you want, just let me know.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Ten out of ten vibe check passed, totally passed.
Speaker 2: I love that, I was gonna say.
Speaker 1: I can imagine some people would feel like they didn't want to overstep, so they wouldn't want to normally send.
Speaker 2: A text like that.
Speaker 1: But I think it's a nice gesture so new moms don't feel alone.
Speaker 2: I think the specifics are good. It's like, what do you need right now? Exactly?
Speaker 1: Because the hardest question is like tell me when you need something, or tell me what you need.
Speaker 2: It's like and you're not going to reach out. You know, it's hard.
Speaker 4: It's funny because my best friend Page is literally like that really booked a ticket and she said, I'm gonna come and do your laundry.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take care of the house. I'll snuggle with baby if you know there's time. Oh, Mike, she's so sweet. She's just there to take care of you. I know, because she'll be taking care of That makes me emotional. I know she's an angel.
Speaker 1: I can't So if you have a new mom in your life, or you have someone that's about to have a baby, just know that she needs to be taken care of just as much as that little baby that's about to come. Okay, so all right again, those Viva Phoenix tickets on the way just after nine right here.
Speaker 2: All mix you taught them to enjoy.
Speaker 1: Zach Bryan, I'm Mix ninety six nine of the Valley's Best Mix, I'm Priscilla and Dancing with the Stars said, there's a lot of controversy because of the felon or criminal that was on the show.
Speaker 2: What was her name, Anna delv Yeah, what was her crime again?
Speaker 4: I mean, she basically scammed all of these rich people out of lots of lots of money and it was a lot of fraud and I don't know the exact charges, but I saw the Netflix documentary and she just worked. She talked her way into like high society in New York City.
Speaker 1: Which is wild, and she joined the show with a ankle monitor. Yeah, and people were really upset by it, and they actually like just dumped on her the whole season, right pretty much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So she just got eliminated.
Speaker 1: And people are shocked by what she responded to this question about what she's going to take away from the show.
Speaker 2: It's actually kind of hilarious.
Speaker 5: Are you going to take away from this competition?
Speaker 2: Nothing? There?
Speaker 4: You have.
Speaker 2: Nothing, absolutely nothing.
Speaker 4: She gave us nothing on the dance floor and she's taking away nothing.
Speaker 1: That's what I heard too, because she was just like a limpfish, right, I know.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, who are her pr people that got her to do that? If she didn't want to do it, why was she doing it?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe to make her look better and it totally failed.
Speaker 1: Here's what I'm guessing too, is that maybe this is the only way she was allowed to leave her house because of.
Speaker 2: The inkle money. Oh yeah, they had to get it approved by.
Speaker 1: Ice I think buzzarre I know if you want to see her lackluster performance, will put an example on Instagram at Mix ninety six nine FM.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do this.
Speaker 1: If you want to go to Viva Phoenix on October nineteenth and downtown Phoenix, now is your chance. Six oh two two six oh oh nine six nine. That's six oh two two, six oh oh nine, six nine