Speaker 1: Today, your bet builders hang away a thread here. Relax, Relax, they still need one more goal.
Speaker 2: Well if it loses, nov BET's got you covered. Nobe Besh is the.
Speaker 3: Home of the betbuilder this World Cup from goalscorers to cards. Get the best value on every match, plus get money back as a free bash. If your bet builder loses on the biggest game every single day, join today and get seventy euros in pre bets nov Bash More power to you, Tecencys apply eighteen plus bet Responsibly, Gamblingcare dot Ie.
Speaker 1: The Rush Hour with James Golden entertaining and informative.
Speaker 4: On the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 1: Attention Jettoheads, Attention bow Scouts, Rose by the pseudonyms Nerdly, It's time for the soul of excellence. That's a radio host here in New York. The Rush Hour is on the air. Rush Rush Now here's James Golden.
Speaker 5: People sometimes ask me why is an assemblyman from Long Island talking about New York City. Well, because while New Yorkers are getting crushed by high electric and gas bills, Kathy Hochele, as we saw just handed New York City one point five billion dollars. That's on top of the eight billion dollars of our money spent on the illegal aliens, including those fancy hotels in New York City paid for by US taxpayers, on Long Island and across New York State. Many of the laws passed in all but he seemed to benefit New York City first, while the rest of us pay the price.
Speaker 2: And why did they do it?
Speaker 5: Because they're afraid of being primaried, as most of them are by the DSA, The Democrat, Socialist, communist crowd. Long Islanderers and upstate New Yorkers are not the piggy banks of New York City.
Speaker 2: You are, and get over it. You're gonna keep paying.
Speaker 6: Welcome my friends to the Thursday edition of both Snurly's Rush Hour. There is still all sorts of controversy in New York over the new mayor's tax plan. We will cover that things are happening around the country, areas where you are. If you are in Florida, oh Man, today was kind of a weird day.
Speaker 2: Cut three, kick the music going, Just play.
Speaker 6: This is one of the things that happened in the Florida today.
Speaker 7: A student participating in a walkout at Palm Beichlakes High School was hit by a car along North Military Trail.
Speaker 8: That child was rushed to the hospital and is expected to be okay.
Speaker 9: And as tensions flared up separate protest sites across our area, cameras capturing two people here or a woman appears to be maybe a student struggling with police as officers tried to control the growing crowds.
Speaker 6: Letting kids out of school, the test ice and yeah, kid gets hit by a car. I wonder if the school is going to get sued. Things are happening, keep the music. I wonder things are happening in Chicago of all places. Cut one the mayor, Don mayor of Chicago. Here, dun mayor of Chicago.
Speaker 10: It's my face straight okay, No, all right, keep a straight face here. The Bears belong in the city of Chicago. The Chicago Bears belong in the city of Chicago.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 10: And I've said repeatedly that the door is always opened for conversations, you know, and you know, you know, Kevin Warren did call me yesterday.
Speaker 2: We didn't get a chance to connect, you know.
Speaker 10: And I still firmly believe that their best position is in Chicago. And it's evidence.
Speaker 2: The evidence is clearly speaking for itself.
Speaker 6: That's because the Bears are planning on getting out of Chicago, going down the road, going to Indiana. I mean, look, you gotta no offense to people in Indiana, America. Small cafeinated moms out in Indiana owny about to take offense. But how let me see how I can frame this WI not to be is insulting to the good people of Indiana. If you are du Chicago Bear the Bears and you're thinking about getting out of Dodge and you're saying we're moving to Indiana, how how never mind? I think you can figure how desperate do you have to not that Indiana is a bad in Indiana is a nice, lovely place. But the Indiana Bears they're not gonna change. It'll be like the New York Giants when they left New York. They still call themselves in New York. They're really the Jersey Giants. They're really the Jersey Jets, but they keep the name New York because he wants to call themselves the Jersey Giants, even though I mean they play like that, all right. Not only that things are happening in Oakland, the city by the Bay.
Speaker 2: More stuff.
Speaker 6: Here's here's cut to Here's what's going on in Oakland, California.
Speaker 7: Oakland police say someone broke into the mayor's office and stole a city suv on Monday.
Speaker 8: The keys to.
Speaker 7: The vehicle were taken. The car was recovered the next day in Ballejo, and the suspect is still at large.
Speaker 6: The thieves in Oakland are going into the mayor's office. They take the keys to the suv and come out and steal the suv from the mayor's office at city Hall.
Speaker 2: And they want to defund ice. They want to defund the law enforcement.
Speaker 6: Oh boy, all right, things are still. Things are still, my friends, heating up. But across the pond today, as you may know, by the way, mister Bond is gonna be here. His real name is not mister Bond. We'll tell you his day, but mister Bond is going to be here a little later in the show. We promised during the week we would get we would talk to him.
Speaker 2: This week.
Speaker 6: We had a call on this Saturday show that wanted to know about gold and the high price of gold and all this stuff. We say, I need to talk to an investment guy, So we're gonna talk to mister Bond. His name is Tom Lemmon. But we're gonna talk to him at the bottom of the hour. Okay, other stuff to do before we get there. As you may know, Prince Andrew was arrested this morning. Now, usually the Brits can be counted on to put on a good show. This morning, France was not a good show. They come in the earth. It's his birthday today. Somebody did this on purpose. They're like, when can we get the best noise out of this? We can't stand this guy. When can we really stick it to him?
Speaker 2: I ain't there.
Speaker 6: It's his birthday coming up mine, good listen, raste him on his birthday. Stick him in a little cell. How's that for Bertha? You want a little cake? Bendover, have a cake and some soup. No, no, but it wasn't a good show. You're gonna arrest. You're going to arrest mister Mountbotton Windsor and they show up with a few police cars, drag him out, take he's released already. I was expecting something a little bit more dramatic if they had to do this. You show up, you take him to the Tims River, You get in a row boat with Constable's rowing and you take him under the London Bridge and then you take him. Once you get under the bridge and Tim's River, you take him to what's called Trita's Gate at London Tower and you make him walk up the stairs of London Tower under trapped, passing Traitor's Gate, and you put him in the cell that overlooks the Anne Bolin Memorial plaque. Carlos, you do know what the and Bolan you don't know. For those of you in American history, I never studied the brit history. And Bolan was the second wife of Henry the eighth. He's the one that the first one that he wanted to marry her. Pope said, no, we can't give you. You've already been married to you know, the queen for over a decade, and no, just because she didn't give you a son. No, so they trumped up some charges. Well, I guess history will confirm this out. They trumped up a bunch of charges of adultery. Supposedly she was making out with her brother and some other people. Yeah, it was pretty brutal. Put her on trial. They took her through Trader's Gate, marched her up the stairs, put her in a cell. After they beheaded the co conspirators, including her brother and a former person that she was besposed to before King Henry. They took her downstairs, marched her out, chop chop, bye bye. Yes, and now they have a plaque. Yes, they have a plaque at the tower at the park in the courtyard where she got chopped, chopped.
Speaker 2: Ann.
Speaker 6: Now, Henry went on to have you know, four other wives after that, the six wives of course of Henry the eighth Catherine Horrod got the chop chop treatment too, so two of them got chopped. But anyway, if you're gonna do it big, make and Drew mount Batton Windsor go through Trader's Gate, put him in the cell at the tower, make him look down on the Anne Boleyn memorial. They took him to Time's Valley, you know, and Tim's Valley Police. I mean, you see them all in the English cop shows, every cop almost every cop we're Tim's Valley Police. They have so many detectives. That place must have the biggest murder rate in the entire world because so many detective shows. Midsommer, you know, the Midsummer thing. Every episode three people get killed, and it's like dag Man. This place is just jumping with murders. Every detective they at like thirty five forty detective shows. Anyway, Democrats here are dancing themselves silly. New Mexico A representative Mulane stands Bury, part of the Sedition crew this edition six. If a prince can be held accountable, celt can that president? Yeah, so can congress women who deal in sedition. Miss Mulane stands Bury. Robert Garcia, that congress person out of California, is calling for Mount Batton Windsor to come clean about his time, his ties with Epstein. And now it's time for the United States to end the White House cover up these people, these one note Somba Democrats with this Trumps involved thing, it's just ridiculous. But anyway, and then others top House Democrat, former Prince Andrew arrests enormous step forward. One of these days I'm gonna actually speak about because then you have the stories about the so called the victims of Epstein. And I've said before some of them are genuine victims, others I don't think so. And I'm getting a little fed up with all this victimization around women, including some who were seventeen, yes, that knew exactly what they were doing and now and even recruiting other girls to do it.
Speaker 2: And now the.
Speaker 6: Whole world's supposed to just feel sorry for them because they want to call themselves victim when they knew exactly what they were doing and recruiting other girls to do the same. But we're not supposed to talk about that. Oh no, anyway, let's take a quick break because Latina is back. Latina Brown sounds like, you know, Jackie Brown, remember the Quentin Tarantiotto movie Jackie Brown. It sounds like we could do it in the movie with Latina Brown. She's back and some of the other activists are back. They're all, ma'am. Domi in New York, has these people upset? James Golden slurly with you here.
Speaker 2: Fast. This hour in American media continues.
Speaker 11: Rash.
Speaker 1: This is the Rush Hour with James Golden. The Rush Hour with James Golden, entertaining and informative.
Speaker 4: On the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 7: James Golden, known popularly as both Nerdly, This is.
Speaker 1: The Rush Hour with James Golden. Rush.
Speaker 6: So we're looking at the clock. Welcome back, folks, and we realize we don't have enough time to get the full Latina Brown cut in. If anybody knows Latina Latina Brown, tell her she's wanted on this program because I want to have this woman on.
Speaker 2: We may be able to squeeze to.
Speaker 6: It after we check in with mister Bond, but if not, we will hold it for tomorrow. People are going off. They are realized who and what man Damie really is. Now there's also another case that we cannot get to just now. I could play one sound bite, but it doesn't explain the full story. This happened down in Georgia. A highly respected black educator, woman teacher, and she taught special needs children and anybody that knows how difficult that is. She's so loved for the work that she does and well did. In Georgia, you had an Ice stop. ICE had stopped an illegal immigrant. He decided to flee in a truck pickup truck high speed during the course of ICE chasing him after he took off and decided not to obey orders from ICE here in this country illegally, he does and pops a U turn and slams into the car of this teacher.
Speaker 2: She happens to be black by the way he kills her.
Speaker 6: She is dead, and some in the left have taken to blaming Ice, saying they shouldn't have been chasing him. But there is rage, a growing rage on the part of some of the residents in Georgia who number one don't understand why this story has not generated national headlines, why it isn't being talked about like Renee Good, because the victim here was a black school teacher killed by an illegal immigrant. We will cover that story in detail at some point this week. We got to take a quick break. When we get back, mister Bond is going to join us, So whatever you do, do not go away. We've got so much more on This fastest hour in American media.
Speaker 1: The Rush Hour with James Golden, entertaining and informative on the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 7: James Golden, known popularly as both Nerdly.
Speaker 1: This is the Rush Hour with James Golden.
Speaker 6: Rush James Golden, starting with your hair all right. Time for mister Bond, folks, his real name is not Bond. He and I met sim the beautiful seas of the Adriatic Sea on a cruise. I saw him, We shared at dinner table and he arved in a tuxedo that was so exquetly tailored and everything, which so finally coff I said, my gosh, you look Lord James Bond. Mike and I said, I guess what. I seriously, I came home talking and I said, Man, you gotta see this guy. This guy saw in a cruise. Man, this guy wore tuxsie. I never seen nobody look as sharp as in a tux seedor as this guy did. He looked like James Bond, and so I've been calling him mister Bond. In reality, his name is Tom Lemming. He is the chief investment officer of Normandy Investment Advisers. He said, over thirty six years of investment experience, and before that was an engineer.
Speaker 2: What a brain for over ten years? Uh Tom, mister Bond, welcome to the show.
Speaker 12: How are you very good? James? Thank you? And you're too kind, way too kind.
Speaker 6: Well, yes, I'm told that once in a while, but not by many. We had a call on the Saturday Show, and you've heard the call. He wanted to know what could explain the high prices of gold. I said, what a great opportunity. I told him Saturday, we're gonna have mister Tom Lemming on the show, and he will explain because he's a financial expert and he and I and Tommy, you and I have also talked about we are going to have you on the Saturday show because you and I have been talking about the four seasons of financial health. People go through different things, and we're going to keep revisiting these topics what people should do at different stages in their lives with finance and so forth. But let's get to his question, which was what explains what's happening with gold now? And I guess by extension precious metals and their prices.
Speaker 12: Yeah, James, I'd focus on three things. One is just basedic econ one oh one that a lot of your listeners probably had in college, supplying demand curves. You'd see those drawn. Supply has not then that interesting, but demand has definitely gone up from central banks around the world. Interestingly, Poland now owns more gold. It's central bank owns more gold than the European Central Bank, and Poland was the biggest buyer of gold last year among banks, and Princess Die on Your show on Saturday mentioned some of that. China has been a big buyer Brazil, India and a few other central banks. That's part of it, but that doesn't explain all of it. In my mind, some of it, and this is probably the most important part, is just speculation. Gold has gone asymptotic and sort of other commodities. And we'll talk about why that's the case, why everything at once, But the thing that's noticed with bubbles, whether it's Internet stocks in the late nineties or housing in the four to five time period, or even AI stocks today, the higher the price goes, the better the story gets as to why you need to continue to own this or buy more. And it creates that fear of missing out fomo. And so that's part of the speculation. And then finally, the third one I would say is the yardstick by which we measure gold keeps shrinking. So that's the dollar. Gold is priced around the world. Most transactions are en dollars. It's because the dollars the world's reserve currency, and if you keep shrinking the value of the dollar through inflation, then you're gonna get gold at higher prices. I liken that to if you measure the dimensions of the room you're in, and if I lay a yard stick down five times in this direction and five times in the other. I'm in a five y five yard room. If one of my kids cut six inches off that yard stick and a month later, I can't remember, I'm going to measure my room again and I lay it down, I'd lay that yardstick down six times. Now, Now my room didn't get bigger, and gold is not any better than it was. Same conductivity, same number of protons in the atom, same color, but the way in which we're measuring the value of it has diminished. And so that's why you see everything precious metals, uranium, even stocks have been driven higher, and housing prices, so they're all related, and in that case it's related to a week or dollar.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 6: All right, let me ask you one general question for today. You said we would get back and talk about you're going to cook something, But let me let me just ask you this. Where do you, in broad strokes, not specifics, are you optimistic, passive, mystic, neutral about where the American economy is headed.
Speaker 12: I'm optimistic in terms of the policies, in terms of lesser regulation, all of those things are very positive. But Donald Trump came into office with stocks up a lot. It does remind me certainly for the Internet related or in this case now the AI related parts of the market very expensive, just like the late nineties. And so by the time the two thousand rulled around, we were clearly in a bubble. And by two thousand and nine stock prices were even lower than they were in two thousand. I am worried about that that we were going to need all these positive policies to try to grow out of the high prices. There's only there's only been two periods of time where price earnings multiples are higher than today, and that's nineteen twenty nine and two thousands. That's not good. Company will need these good policies to grow our way out of it. So there's places where an investor can go, just like in two thousand. But I worry about the broader indices, whether it's like the S and P five hundred, and I worry about gold. When things go on symtotic, it's time to start asking some pretty hard questions.
Speaker 2: Great, great advice, Okay, we've got that.
Speaker 6: I'm going to ask you to come back with us on the Saturday program within a very few days. We will start talking about what especially young people I want to get started with them. What do young people do that are just starting out now to secure their future? So if you don't mind, that will be the first thing that we talk about. Then there was a brilliant article in the Wall Street Journal, and this article it says that you will over sixty five, congratulations, you own the economy. The premise of that is that the elderly are physically and financially healthier than ever, so why do their needs keep taking priority over younger generations? But it's a lengthy article that talks about how the elderly grew wealth, and so we're going to cover all that stuff.
Speaker 12: Tom, I'd love to do that, James.
Speaker 2: Okay, everybody, that is mister Bond.
Speaker 6: Tom Allomming is his name, Chief investment officer of Normandy Investment Advisors. He's a seasoned investment advisor, as you can hear when he talks about the past and how things have shaped out in previous decades, in previous bubbles. So I'm looking forward to you getting to know Tom very well, especially on our Saturday program. Thanks again Tom for joining us.
Speaker 12: Thank you, James, looking forward to thank you.
Speaker 6: James Golan snarly here with you let's go to the break now so we can do that a and have some time. On the other side, we're gonna check in if we have time. We're gonna check in with Latina. James Golden. Fastest hour in American media continues Rush.
Speaker 1: This is the Rush Hour with James Golden, The Rush Hour with James Golden entertaining and informative.
Speaker 4: On the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 1: It's the Rush Hour with James Golden. Rush. Now here's James Golden.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: The beautiful voice of Smokey Robinson and the Miracles his wife. By the way, at the time, you hear her voice loud and clear in the background vocals. She didn't perform with them for many years, but she did continue to sing with the group. She was part of the original Miracles anyway. Today's birthday of Bobby Rogers, who was born in nineteen forty, American musician and tenor singer with Smokey and who was with the Miracles. Born on the same day, the same year as Smokey Robinson. Smokey and Bobby Rogers both born on this day. Smokey Robinson singer, songwriter, record producer, record executive, one of the most beautiful voices in the history of music to me, Smokey Robinson, over four thousand songs he's written, including some really really big hits, really big James Godnes sternly, Okay, we have time, ladies and gentlemen, for Latina Brown. It goes for almost three minutes. I'm wanting so please be patient with us, but I think she deserves every single moment of this. Mandanni wants to raise property taxes. This is the reaction from New York activist Latina Brown. We played one from her yesterday and here she is again today as.
Speaker 8: A Latina favorite community advocate. So this conversation about Mandanni wanted to tax increase property taxes. As I said before, the ones who are going to feel it is the black community attack on the community. People who understand where I'm coming from. We are all on the same page. This is an attack to get New Yorkers, born and bred New Yorkers out of their homes, to take away their homes so that you can have his people come in and take over New York City. This has always been the plan of the Democratic Party. The only difference is that Mundanie is telling you straight to your faces with a big smile on your face. You can give your heart, mind, body, and soul to an employer to this city, and it wouldn't make one bit of a difference because the party, which is one party rule, the Democrats, would take everything away from you quickly. Right now. They prop up this guy, they propped up AOC, they propped up Mandanni, they propped up all of these DSA people, these radicals, to come in and strip you of your dignity, strip you of your pride, take away your home ownership, your businesses, make your communities unsafe, make you feel like you're trapped in your own community, make you feel like you have to be forced to give up your pay checks to illegals to take care of illegal criminal aliens. Really think about this. What are the Democrats, or better, what have they done for the black community. What have they done for the middle class families. What have they done for families who are struggling to make ends meet? Besides tearing up the homes and putting criminals out on the streets and protecting criminals and putting illegal aliens ahead of us black people, You're going to have to really wake up and really start rethinking how you vote and vote the opposite, because Mundani is a plant, and he is telling you to your faces, to all of us, that we are not welcome in our own damn city anymore. That's exactly what's happening here. We are no longer welcome in our own city. This is a takeover, this is a shakedown. It's him telling taxpayers that if he doesn't get money to fund illegal aliens, it's an f you to American citizens.
Speaker 6: Let that sink in, Oh my my mind. All right, let's be fair and balanced, so to speak. That was Latina brown black activists from Queen's I Think New York talking about Mondminie's tax policy. Let's go to a young white woman to just cover all bases, not just focused on what you know. She was focused on how he's hurting the black black people the state. Let's bring that cut ten. Here's another young lady from social media with her analysis of Mandanni's tax plan.
Speaker 13: Would rather do is ensure that they remain as they are so that the city can be on firm financial footing. However, in order to get to this point of closing the gap on both this fiscal year and the next fiscal year, we are forced to raid the Rainy Day Fund, the retiree health Benefits Trust Reserve, and to increase property taxes across these other years.
Speaker 14: But I thought everything was supposed to be free. And what is considered an emergency today in New York City? An emergency enough where you have to raid the Rainy Day Fund of nearly a billion dollars while also giving one point two billion to illegals. What's the emergency? Could it be mom Donnie's policies? If your political strategy is considered an emergency enough to raid and rob and steal from the emergency fund, it is you that is the problem. You have nearly five percent GDP growth. Where's the emergency? Oh that's right. People are leaving, which means the tax base is shrinking and the government is overspending. That's the emergency that was created by socialist policies that the people voted in. So the solution. Get this, This is how socialism works. Tax the rich, tax the corporations. Okay, well, the people with the financial freedom then leave, So the solution becomes tax everyone else. So the middle class, the working class get hit the hardest and they get taxed basically until they're poor. Socialism does its thing. Where what socialism? Everyone except somehow the ruling class. And the more you tax the average person, the more people are going to.
Speaker 6: Leave, which, yeah, you get the drift. We're gonna leave you today with smoke, you Robinson. May God bless each and every single one of you, your family's, your loved ones, love and gratitude if you're being here with me, allowing me to be with you, God willing. We are back tomorrow for the Friday edition of bos Nerdlease Rush Hour. Until then, my friends, I bid you, I do.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 11: Thanks for listening to Bo s Nerdley's Rush Hour. You can hear bo Nerdley's Rush Hour weekdays at four on seventy seven WABC. If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at WABC radio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcast platforms. Plus follow WAB we see on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 2: What the heck is going on here