Speaker 1: Bottle five. Let's keep out k r C.
Speaker 2: The talk stations is a vacation.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 4: It is must be Friday, a woohoo, thank you, Judge Record Executive producer for the woo Who Brian Thomas here hosting the fifty feive k morning shows, inviting phone calls. I enjoy speaking with the listeners and maybe a topic out there you want to talk about. It's Friday, kind of a lightening up day anyway, and sort of a kind of a light news cycle post election. As they scan through the news articles this morning, the scene of heavy I don't know, seemingly overall softer tone anyhow.
Speaker 1: It is Tech Friday Day.
Speaker 4: I always enjoy six thirty with Dave at or Tech Friday coming out. We are fortunately, I was looking forward to having this on the list, to be talking about that Salte Typhoon, Chinese Communist Party effort to basically engage in further warfare against us along the tech realm. Worried about all of our systems being I don't know, taken over by the Chinese Communist Party. Really concerned about that. And there's some specifics. Notably we talk about Salt Typhoon, and that is a pervasive attack. But topic number two with Dave, our water supply system are under our wide open for hacker attacks our water supply I don't know specifically. That's why we have Dave around to find out why the water supply system is a bigger problem than maybe everything else, which also seems to be to attack but.
Speaker 1: Frightening.
Speaker 4: That takes me back to an article that and we actually talked with Dave about it. Someone invaded a water supply company or or network, or however you want to describe it, but change the composition of the water. I think was it the fluoride level or something they were able to remotely doctor it and change that. Now, say what you want about fluoride, and I'm not a huge fan, and I know there's a lot of efforts now to maybe get it out of the water, affecting people's intellect and cognitive abilities perhaps, But the idea that someone could just sort of hack in and do anything to the water supply system. I regularly commented on my concern over the unregulated flow of humanity into our country over the last several years, notably much larger over the last several years, and who the people are and what their objectives are having entered into the United States. Are they potential terrorists? Are they taking that massive supply of fentanyl, which I think at this point is probably literally enough to kill every man, woman, and child in the United States of America, should it be somehow poured down upon us in some way, shape or form. I think about the water supply. God knows what's in the water supply. You hear those commercials about proper disposal of your opioids, like if you're not using them anymore, don't flush them down the toilet, Like, okay, good idea. And I've mentioned before when I was getting my cancer treatments, I always thought this was rather strange and concerning and alarming patients. They're getting chemotherapy OHC. And the sign is not unique to OAHC. My cancer doctors. Every probably everybody who's getting chemotherapy flushed the toilet twice. And I guess that's to protect the next person who's using the facilities from whatever chemo agent you're getting. But what of the chemotherapy ingredients and agents that flowed from your body if you're getting it into the water supply. Is there anybody out there that works for the water department that knows whether or not there can even filter that kind of thing out of the water supply asking for a friend frightening stuff. So anyway, that and then finally Google artificial intelligence responds to questions.
Speaker 1: About human please die. Yeah, somebody was dealing.
Speaker 4: With artificial intelligence and going and doing a back and forth with it, and ultimately artificial intelligence decided that yes, we are the problem, sounding like global warming alarmists, that you and I are the problem. We are the cockroaches of the world. We are the ones that are doing everything wrong. We are the ones who are literally destroying the planet. So anyhow, those topics with Tech Friday's Dave Hatter, Adam Kaylor returned to the program, how do we unify the local GOP going back to Hamilton County and is it redeemable? Is it always going to be blue? Is it over? The last person out? Please bring the flag as that already happened. Kind of talked about this the other day with Alex Chiantepilo, head of the Ohio Republican Party. It didn't necessarily sound upbeat about the idea of Hamilton County ever, returning to the safe red Conservative bastion that it once was, and that we all, I guess fondly remember, except for those of my listening to audience from the left side of the Ledger who are happy with the direction it's con But Adam kahl Or does he have any ideas about how we can unify the local GOP for the purposes of I suppose moving forward with the idea of recapturing Hamilton County away from the from the left. And It's come up in conversation quite a few times, and I always laugh when I hear it because I'm so used to hearing the comment. Mark Twaining has been given attribution for that idea that you know, I want to be in Cincinnati, but if the world ends or whatever, because they won't find out about it until ten years later, it's sort of we're behind the curve. Well, you know, maybe we're still behind the curve in connection with politics, since we've shifted further and further blue, as illustrated by the last election. Every place else that's shifted further and further blue now feeling the aftermath of their poor policy decisions and these leftist ideas like sanctuary cities and paying for literally everything under the sun, and they're all strugging mightily with their deficits. They're falling apart. The citizenry is angry and upset with runaway rampant crime, drug abuse, people shooting up in the streets, homeless camps popping up everywhere, shutting businesses down, runaway crime. Even Democrats who voted for those politicians are screaming at them. I saw that article the other day about I think it was twenty two of the George Soros backed leftist prosecutors. I think it was prosecutors don't hold you that have been voted out of office or recalled. And those are in really really deep blue areas, you know, and I don't necessarily think they were quite there here in Hamilton County. But if you've got all of these warning signs and all of these illustrations about how bad things have gone, it's like, over the years, how many times have I commented and other commentators have mentioned looking at socialist countries like Venezuela, you can see it. If you run the printing press into your currency will devalue to the point where it's valueless. Weimar Republic. I always mentioned that Venezuela run away massive inflation because they run the printing press. Government takes over everything and takes over the means of production, but doesn't know how to operate it. It falls apart, like, for example, the oil production in Venezuela used to be privately owned. Then the socialist takeover and it falls apart. Don't do that. Isn't that the point? I mean, there's learning that you can glean from this looking at the rest of the world. But in terms of local politics, like Hamilton County right here in the United States of America, we can look out to those areas of government and cities that have adopted these far left policies that have literally fallen apart before our very eyes. People are screaming at council meetings and you know, the aldermen all get together and the citizenry comes out and what in the hell have you done to our community? So just the other day with Chicago, oh my god, the people are angry. And no it's just not the random Republican who shows up at the meeting and makes all these valid points. I mean, these are people, just regular, every day working people of all stripes and colors and religions and ethnicities and ethnicities and everything else.
Speaker 1: On Hey, what about me.
Speaker 4: I'm a citizen of the United States of America, and you know you have literally taken my working tax dollars and given everything away to people who invaded our country unlawfully. We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore. Okay, can't we learn a lesson from all of those cities who've led the way down that stupid path? Say wait a second, that crap doesn't work. Look what happened to fill in the black Seattle? Look what happened to fill in the black Chicago? Look what happened to fill in the black New York Tell And then there's that problem that Dodds ends or and I talked about it earlier in the week about Cincinnati literally going back to Hamilton County in the focus in the county seat, the pension problem it's facing. Where are their priorities? You got a budget, you gotta work within it. You gotta finite amount of money, you gotta fund the pension. It's an obligation that those people are relying upon. And yet you want to pay for stained glass windows for homes in Avondale. And I know it's a small component of a bigger budget. But it's a dumb idea. Why should Cincinnati even be discussing or engaged in a discussion about giving people free stuff and things in certain areas. How much benefit does the city of Cincinnati gain overall in all the various communities by giving free stained glass windows to just one small area of the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make any sense. Blah.
Speaker 4: Just the idea of talking to Adam Kahler about how we unify the local GOP.
Speaker 1: Look what kind of.
Speaker 4: Terear I ended up going on Keegan Corkoran eight oh five. Do you remember who Keegan is? Just a great guy. He's one of the preeminent sommeliers in the world rarefied air. He is second highest tiers sommelier. He knows wines, he knows cigars, he knows liquor, and he knows holiday wine pairings. I love when Keegan comes in. He's going to be an at oh five to talk about holiday wine pairings. Perfect topic in the fifty five Ky Morning Show on a Friday before I go into a three day weekend. Yes, I am going back to Camp Batterbury with my dear friend, retired Colonel Bob Gattire, who's gonna be leading a fifty cow sniper class. I got to do that once before with him, and it is an amazing experience. If you're a shooter and you enjoy squeezing off rounds, let me tell you there is nothing like shooting a fifty BMG at fourteen hundred yards and actually hitting the target you're aiming at. Yes, I was able to do that. I'm patting myself on the back because I was so concerned last time before I went, because I hadn't shot at a target beyond three hundred yards of my entire life, and I'm thinking, you're just gonna miss everything when you get out at seven hundred yards or whatever. No, no, no, no, not with the right instruction. Boy, that's a hell of a time. Man, it is one hell of a good time. So while Canada gets ready to take away literally every firearm from every human being in the country and there is an article on that, I will be enjoying my Second Amendment right to keeping bare arms at Camp adderburd in a very safe environment under very very close supervision by people who really know what they're doing when it comes to being behind the trigger. So I am a lucky, lucky man to be in that situation, and thank you retired Colonel Bob Kattire for him providing me and my son this time with the opportunity to do that. And that's what I've been doing. On Monday, Dan Carroll's going to be covering for me. Phone calls feel free five one three, seven fifty five, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk go with pound five fifty. If you have an AT and T phone, I'd love to hear from you whatever topic you want to talk about, kind of like an open line Friday like Rush used to do. Beyond that, I'll find something to talk about because I am surrounded by a multitude of topics. Don't go away, be right back got thinking.
Speaker 1: I was just thinking giving you the tool up your own mind, and thank you for yourself.
Speaker 5: You don't have to be in this group block mental breakout the news than for yourself.
Speaker 2: The issues don't go with the flow and the place to talk.
Speaker 1: About it all fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 6: William is one of millions of Americans who uses good RX to save on the.
Speaker 4: I like that refreshing to have that message and not have it followed up. I keep your stupid mouth shut. Thanks as always the Lemmy for giving us a wake up calling a Friday, and thanks for calling Jay. Welcome to the five K Morning Show. Good to hear from you, Jay. Happy Friday to you, Happy Friday to you, Brian.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir. What's on your mind to day?
Speaker 3: Hey? I met you at a red ball game about two years ago. My brother in law was down there.
Speaker 7: UH.
Speaker 3: He was a veteran.
Speaker 1: The fort Oval of Honor thing.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, and you you did a great job. I appreciate so much how you step up in our community and you continue to do things like that. I mean, I enjoy your program. I told you that I just felt like the world was getting disconnected from like our core beliefs and our values. Says. We were there and I started to tell you about my father in law that had went to UH World War Two. He was drafted in the army, called out of line while he was getting ready to be deployed, and then because of his UH, his wife had died during childbirth. Came back to Bethale, Ohio right, tried to establish his life again, but kept thinking about all his friends that were already over there serving their country, and signed again tried to sign back to the Army, was declined because his brother was already there, so only surviving sons something like that, right, yeah, yeah, ends up we went to the Navy. He goes to the Navy, and in his later years, I just was appalled at the fact that we print and hand out money and we got people like that that serve their country, that are sitting in nursing homes and we just love to talk to people, play checkers, just reminisce it. I was at a very hard time in my life, and I think I told you, Brian, keep telling people the truth and do the right things every day and it works out. And I appreciate so much how your voice resonates with you know beyond the city of Cincinnati that that's a mess. I agree with you. But you got a good thing going on here, and I think our country's waking up. And I get up and pray every day that Donald Trump gets into office. He's not the total answer, but he puts the right people around him. We can turn the corner and we can, you know, make America healthy, great, whatever we want to make it.
Speaker 4: I share in your optimism, and you know I'm with you. I don't know what Donald Trump can ultimately accomplish, but he does at least represent the American publics putting the brakes on that direction you're talking about. It's a full stop like whoa, what in the hell has happened to us? And I think about it in the context, and I always refer to this long demonization of Donald Trump as if he is the embodiment of the Antichrist that they have, you know, been pounding into our heads now for years and years and years. Evil Orange man, you know that. I go through that whole list of all the things, the terms and adjectives that they apply to him's NFL hamophob racist, sexist, you know, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah. Oh my god, he's a fascist, he's a Nazi. And none of it ever made any sense, I mean, none of us accurate or true.
Speaker 1: If you look behind.
Speaker 4: The veneer of whatever random comment or phrase. Contextually speaking, it was never as bad as they've been making it out. But Lord Almighty for the uninformed of people who do not pay attention to the context. They're not hearing that, they're just hearing evil evil, evil, evil evil evil evil, And in spite of that, and in spite of how many how many voters are so called low information, they elected Donald Trump in the face of all that. And I think that speaks volumes to what you're talking about. It's kind of like my point about why would the city of Cincinnati, the Hamilton County generally speaking, want to move further and further in the direction of this stupidity that is unfolded before our very eyes. Look at Seattle, I mean, look at the other woke cities, the sanctuary cities, and the problems, the no prosecutor cities, the George Soros back woke da results that have been that have just brought nothing but despair and chaos and and and lawlessness on these places. Why would you want to go down that road? Well, I think the election of Donald Trump illustrates what you're talking about. Maybe the American people are smart enough and they can see enough, and they have they have at least been proven to enough information like well, no, no, no, no, no no. And of course the Democrats didn't do themselves any favor by pulling the Kamala Harris stunt. They may not have done themselves any favors by pulling the Joe Biden stunt, Uh, you go ahead and talk to Bernie Sanders about that. He was going to be the nominee till they pulled the plug on Bernie Sanders, you know, and they force fed the Democrats Joe Biden, who went full on leftists because he's not even aware of what day it is, let alone, so what policies he is supporting or not supporting. And here's where we are. Donald Trump is the president elect. So I do feel optimistic, and I appreciate you know, your kind words, and God, you know, I love the American veterans, you know I do. I do anything I can to help mount and I'm invited to speak at those events, and I'm honored to receive the invitation to say a few words on behalf of the American veterans at the fort Oval of Honor.
Speaker 1: Every year.
Speaker 4: I do that kind of thing as often as I'm asked to be, just because it makes me feel good and it makes me uplifted. And when I'm surrounded by the American veteran I get a feeling and a sense of optimism. They're wonderful people, They're patriots, they serve their country in spite of the directions, it tends to go one way or another. But I hope and I pray that where we are right now represents a dramatic shift, a halt, a stop to the insanity of how much the federal government, notably and local governments have intruded into our lives and misspent our labor for following stupid policies and chasing stupidity in the name of I don't know what. Fifty five KRSC Talk station, Thank you very much, sir for that call. If I went three, seven, four nine, fifty eight hundred and eighty two to three talk, be right back.
Speaker 1: This Christmas, Glenn Beck is giving. It is better to give than received information. But inside you're like, no, it's not, where's my stuff?
Speaker 8: When you receive, you gain something, you get a gift, you'll be receiving it. The opposite is true and we know it this morning after Brian giving brings deep and abiding sense of fulfillment. It's weird you feel better On fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Why pay more for prescriptions?
Speaker 6: Stop me?
Speaker 4: jEdit nine pays today will be well a sunny day. I have thirty four overnight low at nineteen clear skyes tomorrow's high forty two. It's gonna be sunny over Saturday night down to thirty and on Sunday, partly cloudy day with a chance of rain after one pm and a high f fifty two nineteen degrees Right now fifty five Caseity Talk Station five thirty two. Very Happy Friday to you three seven fifty two three talk found Fact fifty on eight and ten funds. Make sure you get over to fifty five Carsea dot com when you cannot listen live. Check out what comments on Lieutenant govern to John Houston in the Bathroom Bill did a wonderful job defending that one. William Hazel Gross book Dead Air the Night orson Wells Terrified America. I really enjoyed talking with him about that whole thing. War of the World's just totally freaked America out, and people just perceive that it is real. And of course, as he explained the story where you can certainly understand, but most notably back when it aired, how America might have been confused by that thinking it was an actual broadcast. Jay ratlof Aviation Issues always enjoyed talking with them, and then all the rest of the content right there fifty five krc dot com get tryhard media app. All right, here we go, ah sort of local stories.
Speaker 1: Governor Mike DeWine.
Speaker 4: Asked the legislator legislature to I guess pass the built requiring driving training for all Ohioans seeking a driver's license, not just those under eighteen years old. And thank you Aaron Glenn from the Columbus Dispatch for enlightening me because I get forgotten.
Speaker 1: What do I know about it?
Speaker 4: I've been driving since I was sixteen years old, but Ohio law does not require driver training for residents who are over eighteen who apply for a driver's license. Currently, if you're younger than eighteen, you have to complete a driver's education class at a licensed driver training school, which includes twenty four hours of classroom or online instruction eight hours of driving time. They also have to complete fifty hours of driving with at least ten hours of night driving. In addition to the driver education requirements. I remember going through all that I went to BIS driving school. Are they still open adults who? Adults who failed the first attempt at maneuverability or road portion of the state driving tests required to take an abbreviated adult driver training course. So the magic number is eighteen. You can never be behind the wheel up until the age of eighteen, and then you go to the DMV and ask for a driver's license and they give you one. You know me, I'm not about laws and rules and regulations, but you're driving a deadly thing, something that weighs tons, and if you're an idiot, you might kill somebody, which made me think of Springfield. This is exactly what prompted this. Apparently the report of the governor's comments came as a part of an announcement on driving simulators that are going to be available throughout Springfield, which of course is having a problem with the recent influx of Haitian immigrants that have been causing a multitude of traffic accidents, in a huge spike in traffic accidents because the Haitians don't know how to navigate the roads up there now substitute hation for literally anyone who doesn't understand how to operate a car, you're gonna have problems. Apparently everything escalated after a Haitian immigrant named Harmonio Joseph hit a school bus back in twenty twenty three. Eleven year old Aiden Clark died and twenty other students were injured in the crash. He was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter vehicular homicide, sentenced to a minimum of nine years in prison. The father of the seased child pleaded for people to stop using his son's death as a political tool in spring f and a commission meeting in September.
Speaker 1: But what.
Speaker 4: The wine set issues with driving are understandable given to laws and norms in Haiti are different exactly, But I don't know that you necessarily need need to be from Haiti where the laws are different. If you don't know anything about operating an automobile, just because you turn eighteen, does that somehow make you aware of and capable of operating one. See here's where I like the idea of having to go through at least some sort of rudimentary driving class. Now they say ten of these driving simulators are going to be available around Springfield with a translator and instructor, of course, representing yet another cost of the unchecked, unregulated flow of humanity into our world, which has already caused a severe problem with the school systems, because well, they need translators too. And now apparently you and I America are the taxpayers of the state of Ohio, apparently paying for some well driving simulators for Springfield. Yes, this is the world we live in. Five point thirty seven fifty five kr SE Detalks Station. Stack is stupid coming up, think I'm already there five p one three, five seven.
Speaker 1: Eighty three talk can be right back as Trump makes his picks. Elan and I were not politicians. The left fields dicked. There will be pushback.
Speaker 5: Nobody who President Trump nomina is just going to get sixty votes?
Speaker 6: Well, businessman, no business being in that position.
Speaker 1: Most of the.
Speaker 8: People making these decisions, from healthcare to the Department of Defense are failing on effectiveness because they have no accountability.
Speaker 1: Come join the conversation.
Speaker 3: They love the fact that Trump is appointing businessman. We're never going to find the perfect candidate.
Speaker 8: Fifty five krc D Talk Station celebrate the season with the very.
Speaker 4: Called it gun into some message from Jeffrey three minutes ago, John the Fisherman exclamation point.
Speaker 1: He knew it was coming.
Speaker 4: It must be Friday and its about Casey Morning Show, honoring Joe's love of Primus.
Speaker 1: A master of the base.
Speaker 4: He is Okay, Stack is stupid, which has a bunch of naked women in at this time. It's surprisingly large stack this morning. Thank you, Joe Strecker. We'll go start started well, yeah, starting Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. This could be a Florida story just based on the subject matter alone. Margaret Marench booked into the Jay Rubin Long Detention Center Saturday on one kind of assaulting a police officer while resisting arrest discharge after posting a thirty five thousand dollars bond court to the police report. November twenty second, they arrived at the Sandbar Hotel in South Ocean Boulevard, where the manager reported that a woman was standing on the balcony in front of Unit thirteen twenty two, yelling boisterously and throwing objects while completely naked in public view. When they arrived there, the offer sir, he detected a burning odor when he showed up at the front door. I noticed so an opening in the blinds that smoke appeared visible in the room. After knocking several times, the officer had to force his way inside, where a quote heavily intoxicated.
Speaker 1: Close quote woman.
Speaker 4: Grabbed a bottle of mouth wash, gardled it and spit it on the officer's shirt and pants freezing. This woman has at least four other arrests just this year between Man November on public disorderly and intox occasion charges. According to the Wealth the Detention Center's website, struggling with a bit of a substance abuse issue there. Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. We got a woman charged with murder after she was seen running naked and covered in blood in Harrisburg. According to the police, taieyah, that's close enough, Greer, that's easy. Now twenty nine years old Harrisburg arrested in charge with the death of a man following an investigation by the Harrisburg Police where she allegedly admitted a man that she got into an altercation with was now dead. Corner identified the victim as Michael Thompson, sixty six, out of Harrisburg. Caused death, stab wounds, man or death ruled a homicide. Officers called in around five pm to the area sixth Street, Wiscon, Wiscon. It doesn't matter what street, I know, you don't care which intersection this hafter dead after they got reports of a naked woman covered in blood running through the street. Police spoke with a woman was later identified as Greer, found that she had been involved in an altercation with the man. Court documents revealed she admitted to attacking him inside of the apartment, allegedly stated the man was dead. Police said Greer went to the area knocking on doors to get help after she claimed she was hit by a car. Local man answered the doors, answered the door anyway. Officers located the deceased man in the area, Thompson, who appeared to have been stabbed multiple times, covered in blood, laying face down. Police said there was blood throughout the apartment when the officers made entry. They determined Greer was allegedly responsible for the death. She was taken to the hospital treatd for minor injuries. She allegedly was hit by the car. After being treated and released, interviewed by detectives and admitted she was at the apartment where with the victim and there was a scuffle between the two, police said. She then admitted it was her only her and Thompson in the apartment during this alleged scuffle. Of course, now she's been charged with murder. People just don't stab themselves multiple times. Five forty five. I think there's more naked people in the stack, believe it or not, five forty five, fifty five Krcity Talk Station. I see Jays on the line as well. I will take your call first, j before we die back on into the stupid don't go away as we embrace the.
Speaker 1: End of an era.
Speaker 9: The outcome of this election is not what we.
Speaker 6: Want to defeat does not mean we are defeated.
Speaker 1: There's plenty to celebrate this holiday season.
Speaker 3: I'm mistatic. Hopefully this isn't the last time I call in feeling this good.
Speaker 1: I'm happy about everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you's got a great game of people around him. I just want the man protected. I am so excited about the potential to changes government.
Speaker 1: And the conversation's happening here.
Speaker 3: It's really exciting.
Speaker 8: On fifty five KRC, the talk station, Cincinnati men's basketball is back in action at fifth third Arenas.
Speaker 4: Here's your nine first morning Wether forecasts. Gonna be plenty of sun today, apparently high at thirty four overnight clear skuys sundy Tomorrow forty two overnight clear or well partly cloudy rather a little thirty fifty two the high on Sunday with a partly cloudy Sky's seventeen degrees right now, time for traffic.
Speaker 10: From the UCE Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: You see Health's Weight Loss Center on first Comprehensive Obesity Care and Advanced Surgical Expertise called five one three nine three, nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine two two six three. It's pretty quiet morning drive out there. Traffic volumes are still on the lighter side. The work continues on four seventy one either way at the Big Neck Bridge and the Daniel Carter Beard Bridge, so you use some caution and watch for the detours and lane closures. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 4: Five forty nine at fifty five KRC Decalk Station, Happy Friday. I'll go straight to the phone before I jump back to the stack. Is stupid chalk full of naked people running around various neighborhoods. Jay, Welcome to the show. Happy Friday to you.
Speaker 1: Happy Friday.
Speaker 11: Brian, Hey, my son a few years ago turned sixteen and we had to run the gauntlet to figure out how to get him a driver's license. Being from Pennsylvania, my parents taught me how to drive and then I.
Speaker 3: Took the test.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so we had to figure out that we had in BIS driving School still is in business, and they did a fine job good.
Speaker 1: We homeschooled, so as.
Speaker 11: Homeschooling parents, we had to figure out how do we get him.
Speaker 3: To figure to.
Speaker 11: Get to driving lessons whenever BIS has a schedule. Nobody flexed for us, not that I expected BIS too, The state had absolutely no flexibility. Here were the requirements.
Speaker 1: I had to go earn the.
Speaker 11: Money to pay bicks. He had to go find the time and make the school work up after driving or around the driving class.
Speaker 3: And this is the.
Speaker 11: Problem with the Republican Party that now I have to pay for again and pay for immigrants who I thought they had good I thought they were here working. If they're here working, then they're earning money, and so why do they get special treatment? And all the rest of us have to pay for it? And the problem with the Republican Party is that if they had a chance to put Mike DeWine in office for a third term, they would rally around him, fund it, support him.
Speaker 3: Starting with the biggest cheerleader of Mike the.
Speaker 11: Wine is Alex Trantapilo, who, when you ask him about who DeWine was going to replace the JD Vance, saying his praises a trusted governor, he's done a fantastic job.
Speaker 1: I let you know, that's Alex's job.
Speaker 4: He can't buck the Republican Party generally, and he's not allowed to say a single negative thing about the Republican Party. And he almost admits I know, but he kind of even admits that he wants to. But his job is to not do that and take away from the Republican brand. So that's a separate issue. But in so far as the driving will be done with him, so far as the driving issue is concerned, completely separate topic beyond politics. It just seems to me to be odd and it's a revelation for me to see that the driving requirements magically change when you cross the threshold of adulthood eighteen. Does that magically give you the skills to get behind the wheel, whether you're from Haiti or from I don't know, Dell High. No, you get behind the wheel for the first time at eighteen, you don't have to take any driving tests. You don't have any obligation to prove you're capable.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, I agree with you.
Speaker 4: Well, that's my only point. So the Haitians have shed a light on this. They are they're adults. We're talking about adults who have gotten behind the wheel for the first time and are causing a bunch of accidents. Well, the rules in Haiti are different. I guess maybe people don't have any concept of driving in Haiti because they're so poor. They they don't have access to automobiles. But it has shed a large shine of light on well, idiots out on the road who don't know how to drive. And I don't care what country you come from. Just because you're eighteen doesn't qualify you to get a driver's license without having some skill sets behind the wheel. So you know, let's say what you want about the wine. I just find the whole thing to be absolute backcrap insanity. Go ahead, turn eighteen, get a driver's license and see how well it works out for you, even if you can speak English. God uh. Connecticut woman charged with a breach of peace after his report that he I'm sorry man, he walked around a restaurant completely naked tall in Connecticut, forty two year old Andrew kinghorn Ellington taking into a custody in the restaurant restroom when the police showed up. Troopers said the incident happening in a business on the twenty ninth of last month. When they got there, they spoke with a restaurant und who said the man came into the business fully clothed, sat at the counter, and asked for menu. Shortly thereafter, the year one hundred report, the man went into one of the restroom's bathrooms. He was in there ten or fifteen minutes and emerged completely naked. State Police said children and adult customers saw him walk through the restaurant that way. Troopers said he found the man identified as this Kinghorn guy in the restroom. He's still naked. They ordered to put on his clothes. He complied, taking to the State Police barracks, charged with second degree breach of priest who counts a risk of injury to a minor. He was released on a twenty thousand dollars bond. Clearly he was not in Hamilton County. The Aristocrat, Okidoky police call to Windmill Point Elementary School November twenty eighth. According to the rest report, thirty four year old Joe Franklin Yurias was arrested after a deputy spotted this naked guy running through the school after shining his flashlight on him, he has put his clothes on and exited through the rear of the building. Deputy attempted to apprehend him, but he resisted, resulting in injury to the deputy. Once back up arrived, he was placed in handcuffs. He told officers he was homeless. I don't think that justifies the nakedness. Several personal items in the classroom, including a laptop, food, and clothing, as well as women's underwear, were found. Officers found sex toys and at least less slightly less than twenty grams of marijuana in a clear plastic container, which, yeah, I'm with you on that, Joe. Officers also located the unlocked window where he had entered the school.
Speaker 1: Rest of the pricular.
Speaker 4: At The report notes that Urius is a teacher at the Somerset College Preparatory Academy in Port Saint Luci. You think it's was now The reporting here says is presently teacher. I suppose he probably has been relieved of his employment situation charge with loudon Lassivius behavior, burglary of an unoccupied structure, marijuana possession. There's still can pointing all right, that's still a charge and battery on an officer being held in the counting jail on a thirty one thousand dollars bond. Five fifty six fifty five carri City talk stations. Stick around. We're gonna have some fun and games between six and six thirty, and we have more fun and games tech Friday with Dave Hatter. We'll talk salt Typhoon, not fun and games on any level at all, but got a whole lot more to talk about with Dave.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to it. I hope you are too. Stick around me right back your voice.
Speaker 6: Thank you for taking that call.
Speaker 3: Your country gives us all somewhat to think about.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna leave this zero six six to thirty five kr CD talk station by the time I see her. To wish everyone a very happy Friday, three day weekend for me, looking forward to Monday shooting the Big Old fifty Cows at Camp Batterbury and Indiana. So Dan Carroll be filling in for me, So enjoy Dan on Monday. And Dan, if you're out there listening, thank you very much for covering for me while I take a day off. Coming up bottom of the hour, we'll talk Salt Typhoon. Other Chinese Communist Party has well effort and successful. It was to basically infiltrate computer systems all over the place. Topic number two, our water supply systems are wide open for hacker attacks. Lord almighty, won't people get ahead of this stuff? And finally, Google Artificial Intelligence says.
Speaker 1: We all need to die.
Speaker 4: Adam Kaylor and studio we're going to talking about what can we unify the local GOP. Is it possible to transform Hamilton County back into something that resembles sanity because it continues to move further and further into dark blue territory. And Keegan Corcoran Somolier extraordinary. He'll be joining us to Day to five to do holiday wine pairings, ending the morning show on a very positive, positive note. And according to Westside Jim Keefer responding to the caller, doesn't like Alex Truant to feel as support of the Republicans generally speaking, including Governor to Wine, which I know many of my listeners have a problem with Governor to Wine, and I include myself among those who are critical of the governor. Apparently he gets tons of money, same as Bayner used to And of course the Republican Party needs money, and my reply is along those lines. And I think it's always about money in my observation, and go ahead and feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong. The hardcore conservatives out there that always make fun of Point To and have negative comments to say about the Rhinos, they don't donate. They believe the system to be irredeemably corrupt. And even if you've got a guy you want to support over somebody who's in office and a rhino and a big money gatherer, you don't give them any money. So the rhinos end up getting the endorsement because they're the ones that bring in the fat cash, and that provides them with access to a corrupt government which reaches into every aspect of our life. They just want to slice of that corruption for their own benefit. So that's my observation anyway. Five point three seven four nine fifty eight hundred two to three talk Kimberly Strass a Wall Street journal on Doge, and I have been expressing my optimism about this Doge, this mission to cut the size and scope of government. Vvy grama swimming Elon Musk, not government paid officials, just guys sitting in a room telling people in elected office what they need to do. That's the concept. They don't need money or funding because they're both multi multi millionaires in the case of Elon Musker force billionaire. They're doing it as a service to the nation. And this is her op ed is very, very, very astute, and that's why I wanted to bring it up because it reminded me a little bit about Judge of Politana's comments about the pardoning of Hunter Biden. Three cheers for the Hunter Biden pardon was the topic of his op ed piece. I was like, oh, my god, you know he thinks this is a great thing. But no, his point was to illustrate that the federal government, the Constitution limits the power of the federal government. But over the years two hundred and fifty coming up, they've expanded the criminal Code, the federal laws that you know they are, so there's so many of the five thousand, two hundred or so laws that you might break, which in the judge's mind and in mind included the core philosophy of the Constitution is to limit the size and scope of the federal government. These are state issues. There's only two crimes in the Constitution that the federal government's really even respecting, you know, as a constitutional authority to go after. And yet look how many laws are on the books, federal laws. So it sort of that in the background, I thought she made some astute observations, and she's right. In the wake of the Obama IRS scandal, remember the lowest learner, a well meaning GP, can congressman pose this question, what rules might Congress enact to ensure that the tax bureaucrats couldn't again harass civic minded Americans.
Speaker 1: It was a classic political answer to a.
Speaker 4: Problem, more rules, and therefore entirely the wrong one. When it comes to controlling the ranks of bureaucrats, the biggest priority isn't reorganization or even cutting numbers. It's about destroying their mission their power. The IRS was able to target conservatives because its mission is to police an insanely complex tax code. Counting regulations and guidelines runs to an inconceivable sixteen million words are tax code folks. This provides some ninety thousand functioning stunning discretion to snoop, question, dispute, reinterpret, and penalize want to end targeting, create a flat tax income, eliminate the corporate tax, abolish tax credit, simplify nonprofit rules, take away the mission, and you take away both the power and the need for most of that workforce. Amen, Kim Strassel. That's the point. I've been advocating for this for years. The tax code is a mechanism of manipulating you and threatening you and giving benefits to well friends of government, whether on the right or the left side of the ledger. Without the tax code, there wouldn't be a Green New Deal, there wouldn't be tax incentives to go down some path, and no normal company looking out for their bottom line would ever pursue. Why would I want to buy a windmill? You wouldn't. Well, you would if you get this big fat government tax credit anyway for it. Back to her, This is the point of government reform geeks that are hoping Elon Muskin, VV Grammasamy and more important Congressional Republicans internalize as they meet this week in Washington to ramp up the Department of Government efficiency. Happy talk of mass firings is thrilling, and so one remembers that most bureaucrats are there because of complex programs mandated by Congress. Programs that don't simply disappear with pink slips might shave dollars the fire half the employees of program X, but it's still the easy other half to double down on Program X. Misjeff Brilliant Brilliant. For a sense of that threat, consider the recent New York Times lament for the exhaustion felt by bureaucrats at the prospect of a second go round with Donald Trump. They express anxieties about Trump's priorities that will clash with their own expert opinions. They dislike any administration impeding on their work on climate change, civil rights reforms, and regulatory protections. The piece ends with the smug hope that the bureaucracy is now so vast as to provide it imperviousness. This is the arrogance and resistance the reformers are up against. Mister Ramuswimmy is showing strong signs he gets it on the pages of the Wall Street Journal in recent interviews. He seized on the enormous opportunity the Supreme Court has provided this Doge Department cabinet heads in Congress via its rulings. The Supreme Court rulings recent ones. They are, and they are fantastic on the major questions docrine and the Chevron defense, two things that we've talked about here in the Morning Show. Those two decisions cabin bureaucrats power to make decisions on their own, at least going forward. The idea is, if you don't have specific congressional authority for any given regulation, then that given regulation is verboten. You know what I'm saying. Congress has specifically specifically tell you that a tablespoon of water on private land is somehow navigable, or that you have the authority to control it before you can control it. You can't just write a rule in the background without the specific congressional authority. That's what those two decisions specifically spell out, and that's a great opportunity to curb back the size and scope of the federal bureaucracy, which is so far completely unchecked.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Back to Kim Strassel, Mister Ramusommy's idea is that it also opening the subject to opening to subject thousands of existing regulations to those court tests, and, under a posture of executive humility, eliminate them. He said, last month. All we need right now is an executive branch that says, hey, Supreme Court, you've told us a lot of what we're doing is illegal, So we're not going to do that anymore. And that requires us to take any regulation that fails these standards, we're just going to rescind they're null and void because they were never written by the people who we elected. Close quote Viva Gramuswami.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 4: He also added that if you have fifty percent fuel regulation, that creates an industrial logic to say, okay, then we don't need fifty percent of the people around anymore. Exactly, get rid of the mission and you get rid of the people and the behavior horse before KRT reformers are also hoping the Doge duo alongside Trump understand how many of these missions and programs are jealously guarded, even by Republicans in Congress. Going back to my earlier callers lament over Governor de Wine and the rhinos in Columbus. Exactly, that's a fight no one is picking, but it will need to be engaged if Doge won success. Must for instance, is keen to over a broken federal procurement system. But why does such an embarrassing system continue on autopilot because behind every six hundred dollars pentagon Hammer is a congressman with a district whose factory produces it. This is one place where threats and demands from Trump's bully pulpit could produce benefit. And this has been my point as well my observations about DOGE. Look, they're gonna highlight the waste, they're gonna highlight the fraud, they're gonna highlight the abuse. They're gonna highlight the stupidity of for example, my favorite pet peeve, the F thirty five aircraft coming in at thirty five billion dollars a pop. We don't need it anymore. Oh, but there's some Republican out there. That's my jurisdiction. I'm not gonna cut that program. Only that level of public shaming might might move Republicans to give reform priority over their personal, district or state interest. Ameni's back to that IRS story. Sureight to gripe all you want about the unelected branch, but never forget this. BEAMA bureaucracy was created and emboldened by legislators who turned out programs and complexity for decades, even as they abdicated their duty of writing clear limits into law. Yes, any elimination of waste or duplication or fraud is welcome, and those will be the easiest DOGE targets. But this GOP Congress and presidency shouldn't get away with suggesting DOGE can do work. Only they can. Real change requires cutting programs, simplifying rules, handing power back to states, abandoning earmarks and handouts, and that requires votes. There's a brilliance to the DOZE titled as the goal of efficiency can justify about anything. Cuts, restructures, re allocations. There's a need for all of it. But for those to be successful, it's north star must remain pairing back the federal government's missions and reminding Americans that to diminish the government's power, legislators will need to get off their duffs. A man six eighteen if you five Kerosity talk station. I love banking with Emory Federal Credit Union. I've talked about it. It is a better way to bank. And one of the reasons the rates. Their rates are always very low. I mean, they're great rates, and the customer service is fantastic there. But right now, special opportunity if you need some money. Get a personal loan from Emory Federal Credit Union. Call it a holiday loan, call it whatever you want. It's a personal loan. Right now members get one point eighty five percent off of the already low Emory Federal Credit Union rate. Fantastic opportunity. If you get the cash you need at this time of year, for whatever project you're working on, or for whatever need, you might have one point eighty five percent off. Remember, hurry up. The offer ends at the end of this month, December thirty first. Certain restrictions apply. Learn more by going to any Federal Emory Federal Credit Union branch, or more easily the website EMORYFCU dot org, every FCU dot org and them the less number four zero one zero eight seven federally insured by NCUA, Equal Housing.
Speaker 6: Lender fifty five KRC Forever.
Speaker 4: Sex twenty three fifty five KERC Detalk station. I am very happy it's Friday. I hope you are too, David chime in. I think that makes a unanimous So over to the phones we go. Before we get to Tech Friday with Dave had Or coming up to the next segment, I got Dennis on the phone with the comment Dennis, thanks for calling in today, and a happy Friday to you, sir.
Speaker 1: Happy Friday to you as well. Say this.
Speaker 5: Problem we have in Hamilton County with a Republican Party in a blue area, you got to remember that, uh the well, you got to realize or accept the fact that the Republican Party didn't support any of their candidates in this last election here in Hamilton County. The only thing that candidates got was an endorsement on a sheet of paper that they were accepted by the Republican Party. So naturally, without funding from the party, we had no coordination, We had really no assistance given to any of the candidates. They had to form their own campaign organizations and raise all of their own money.
Speaker 4: Well, I know, Melissa Powers was literally everywhere around the county for the I mean almost the last full year. I saw Powers signs literally everywhere I know they have on Kundy. Republican Party supported her for example.
Speaker 1: Didn't do any good maybe, but no, that's true.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's that's a fact. That's a factual statement. You painted a broad brush that the party did not help any candidate in county, and I'm saying no, they put a lot of effort behind Melissa Powers, and look what happened. It didn't do a damn bit of good. Orlando's sons as well, he got huge support from the Republican Party and he was literally everywhere. He spoke at all kinds of meetings and events in town halls, and I mean, I don't know what to say. It's the overwhelming number of Democrats. And look I bet that. I mean, was there a dime spent on our upcoming Hamilton County prosecutors campaign by the Democrats.
Speaker 1: I didn't see a word about her. Nothing.
Speaker 4: She didn't do town hall events, she didn't show up, she didn't do a debate with Melissa Powers. Absolutely nothing. So without lifting a finger or spending a dime, the Democrats now control the Hamilton County Prosecutor's office. The problem is we've lost the Republicans to these surrounding suburbs. At least that's my observation. And yes, we can be critical of the Republican Party, and we can talk about what stupid things they do and continue to do and raise awareness about it, and hope to god that's someday they wake the hell up and stop doing stuff like that. But you know, you got to deal with the just simple practical reality that that blueset of paper means a hell of a lot more these days than the red And regardless of how much money you throw behind a campaign, there are so many damned Democrats in Hamilton County that you can't unring that bell. How do we unring the bell? Maybe Adam Keller offers some you know, the advice about that. We're gonna find out what he is to say about it. Coming up in the next hour Tech Frida with Dave had He coming up next six to twenty six. Right now, if you have Casey Detalk station, how about twenty twenty five e in the year you get rid of the pain, the back pain, the knee pain, the joint pain. It's q C kinetics, regenerative medicine and their advanced protocols have well helped tens of thousands of people with lasting relief. Those medical professionals are waiting right there for you with treatments in the office with no downtime. They take your body's natural healing properties, not some kind of you know, pharmaceutical or whatever, and they place it right there where your pain is. Attacking the root cause of the pain. Revitalizing your joints so you can move again. And the future of medicine is what this is. So have been told surgery is your best or only option. You're done with the steroid injections and you're done with the pain pills. How about a second opinion. Find out if all natural regenerative medicine is the right way to go for you, and if it's not, they'll tell you it's a free consultation, So give them a call and schedule that. Maybe you get rid of the pain next year. Wouldn't that be an awesome thing? Get out of bed without a kiss and pains and the stuff that you're living with.
Speaker 1: Call them up.
Speaker 4: QC Kinetics five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine one more Time five one three eight four seven zero zero one.
Speaker 6: Nine fifty five KRC prety.
Speaker 1: One on a Friday.
Speaker 4: Means, of course, it is that time brought to you by end Trust It, which the business carrier says are the best in the business when it comes to helping businesses with their computer related problems, needs, best practices and hacking issues and stuff like that. With interest, I t thank you for sponsoring the segment and providing us with wonderful advice and information and also every Friday, scaring the living.
Speaker 1: Hell out of all of this. Good to have you back on the show, my friend.
Speaker 7: Always my pleasure, Brian. Sorry that it's always scary, but that's just the world we're in now, you know.
Speaker 4: Well, sometimes fear is a good motivator, and topic number two is the one that scares the hell out I mean more today, but I read about salt Typhoon, this latest Chinese communist party hack. Apparently they've been floating around for a long time in our computer systems and the problem has yet to be resolved. Let's talk about this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so salt Typhoon. I don't know who comes up with these names. You know, when you look when you get into the APT space Advanced persistent threat these nation state actors like China, Russia ran North Korea and that's sort of your access of evil in the cybersecurity space. They, you know, come up with these names to have a way to track a specific group. Typically, and attribution is always hard too, But we've seen now where these salt Typhoon actors have been in our telecom system. They estimate from a year to two years now. I think this is super scary, Brian, because if you think about it, everything is telecom connected now right, These large telecom companies AT and T, Verizon, lumin T Mobile, they provide the backbone for all of our data that's going across the Internet. So whether it's a text that you sent your friend, or it's an email you got from work, or it's critical communications related to some sort of critical infrastructure somewhere, all of that's going through this infrastructure. So if they're in there, and you know, I've read a lot about this recently and some of the some of the reporting on it and the comments coming from the government are quite disturbing because it seems like they're not really sure that they're going to be able to get these folks out in any point. I know, I know, which that's a little hard for me to understand, now, you know, I get that. And we've seen outages in the telecom networks where they're speculation that it's a cyber attack, and you know, I'm trying to calm people down and say, well, you know, it could be something like a switch or a router went out or something. There's a lot of equipment. There the idea that they're in this equipment, now, could you just go replace it all? Maybe what would that cost? Can you do that without bringing things down? So, I mean, this is a complex problem, and if it's as pervasive as what's reported, it's really disturbing. And then the thing that really started to alarm me is now you've got the FBI and other agencies saying, well, you need to use in crypto communications. If you recall Brian and you and I have talked about this many times the last ten years, They've generally been against that because then it makes it more difficult for them to intercept your communities. So it's it's a it's a wild thing, and you know they're they're basically saying like, if you you need to switch to something like Signal or Telegram or WhatsApp. Now you know WhatsApp being a meta product. These are messaging apps that and then encryption. I'm not going to use a meta product. I'm going to stick to something like Signal. That would be my recommendation. But that adds a lot of friction for people too, because you know, right now you and I can text each other regardless of what phones were on. If you're on an Apple phone, it's got into an encryption. I'm on an Apple phone. We're good.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: If you switch boundaries to Android, that's more problematic for you to install signal, for me to install signal, for us to exchange the information we need to talk to each other. I just this isn't wild pro really Yeah, print in the butt. It's disturbing, And it also tells you from what they've reported that I mean theoretically, for anything that wasn't encrypted, they can just read anything they want that's gone through there. And even if it is encrypted, depending on the encryption mechanism, they might be able to break it today or at some future point thanks to quantum computing, they might be able to break it in the future. So it's it's really disturbing, and I mean, we have just got to get serious about this critical infrastructure in this country or we're going to have a really bad, bad situation.
Speaker 4: Well, and I saw the Wall Street Journal reporting on this and the comments from President Biden's Deputy National Security Advisor for cyber Emergent and Emergency Technology and Neuberger, and the article points out that in addition to compromising all these private, unencrypted calls and texts. The hackers were able to access information from systems maintained by the various carriers to comply with US surveillance requests. So, in other words, our government forced these you know, these companies to incorporate into their systems an ability for the federal government to get in there to easily surveil, and that part has been hacked.
Speaker 1: So great, great, and.
Speaker 7: Brian, that goes to show you why when you have tenfol hat nuts like me saying backdoors are always bad. If there's a backdoor, it can be exploited. Well, now now we have evidence of that, so yes, so if you build a back door in for law enforcement, then it can be exploited by the bad guys. We're seeing that back doors are never good, never right.
Speaker 4: Joe, record that one for further use. I'm surprised you didn't get a phrasing call from well right back more with tech Freddy's Dave Hatter even scaring you more? Are water supply systems in jeopardy First Chimneycare Fireplace and stew of chimneycareco dot Com, final online and learn about everything they do and they literally do everything when it comes to chimneys and related things. Think of a firebox, regardless whether it's a free standing stove, a self feeding wood waste pellet stove, a gas fireplace, a regular run them a woodburner. You have to have it inspected occasionally because you know, gosh darned lives really do depend on it, which is why always like to remind people at this point, get yourself a carbon monoxide detector curbage. Mike told me the other day they lit their gas fireplace for the first time. Oh some kind of was a smoke or a haze or something invaded in the house and like freaking out. Guess what. Call the Chimneycare fireplace and stove. They have them take care of that. Thank you, Mike. Just don't you know, don't don't let it get away from you. These are other kind of things you need to take care of ahead of the comfort season, which we are in right now. Hecket's only seventeen degrees outside. Chimneycare fireplaces though, take care of your safety. It's never too late to have them come over and inspect your fireplace to make sure everything's in working order. They do a video camera inspection of your flu make sure it doesn't need to be swept.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 4: They got certified chimney sweeps. They do water repair, they do tuckpointing, cap and damper replacement. They do it all A plus with the BBB been locally inoperated since nineteen eighty eight four p.
Speaker 1: Thirteen.
Speaker 4: Ward's Corner Road is where you find the showroom. Find them online chimneycarec dot com. Call for the appointment five one three two four eight ninety six hundred two four eight ninety six hundred.
Speaker 6: Fifty five krcx.
Speaker 1: SO forty eight fifty.
Speaker 4: Five KRC Detalk Station Brian Thomas with a tech Friday's Dave at ur interest it dot com.
Speaker 1: Where you find Dave and the crew. Uh, let us start off.
Speaker 4: I see the headlines carrying the hot I me just based on the headline according to OIG, and you can explain who they are to my listeners when you talk about the topic of this. Let me just read one quote from this article. Quote, and we're talking about our water system here. If malicious actors exploit did the cybersecurity vulnerable vulnerabilities we identified in our passive assessment, they could disrupt service or cause irreparable physical damage. To drinking water infrastructure. That sounds very, very bad.
Speaker 7: Dave Brian, I'm gonna agree with you one hundred percent. So this this has been reported on in multiple outlets. This article is from Security Weeks, So yeah, it's a magazine focused for tinfo hat nerds like me to do this stuff every day, and you know it. I think they do a pretty good job of some rising the concerns. So EPA has an Office of Inspector General and they did a passive assessment. They don't explain what passive assessment is in detail here. Usually when you hear that term, what it means is they're not putting boots on the ground in these plants to do a deep dive, you know, a deep vulnerability assessment or penetration test. They're just like scanning external ips and gathering what information that might be publicly available.
Speaker 1: We'll give it, dude.
Speaker 4: That makes this article worse that they didn't need boots on the ground out a water plant to find out where these vulnerabilities are. They could sit in their offices in Washington and say, deem any Christmas. There are twenty seven million individuals that are maybe going to be vulnerable to critical high level security problems here.
Speaker 7: I mean, huh, I agree with you completely, because if they went in and had boots on the ground and really did it a deep penetration test, they'd probably find a lot more problems.
Speaker 4: Which is exactly what the Chinese Communist Party is doing. Twenty four hours day, seven day a week.
Speaker 7: Well, that's exactly right. And going back to the previous story, you know, if they're in the telecommunication network, these plants are using the Internet, clearly they've got information going through the telecommunication networks. It's entirely possible that some of the issues they warned about in this assessment through the PAOIG And there's a link in this article. You know, I'll post all this stuff later where you can dig down deep deeper into the OIG's report. But yeah, that they would be able to potentially learn about these vulnerabilities and exploit them through that. So yeah, I mean, first off, before I get back to the details on this, because it is pretty scary. I mean, we have just got to get serious about infrastructure in this country. It's one of the reasons why I get so frustrated when I turn on the news and it seems like we were sending a billion here, forty billion there. Hey, Ukraine, here's a couple hundred billion. Yeah, while our own infrastructure crumbles, whether it's bridges falling apart, expressways falling apart, critical infrastructure. You know, as you mentioned, Brian in the headline of this thing, three hundred drinking water system is exposed to attacks. They talk about the number of people. So again, according to this EPA assessment, this isn't my opinion, ninety seven of the assessed water system serve approximately twenty seven twenty seven million individuals contain critical and high severity issues. Another two hundred and eleven, covering roughly eighty three million people were found to be impacted by medium and load severity weaknesses, having externally visible open portals. And you know, they talk about some of this in more detail. I'll know we're out of time. I'll post the link. People should read this and then they should start contacting their local officials and saying, you know, what, what are we doing about this? Why can't we get funding for this?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 7: Some of these organizations are like quasi governmental, they're private companies. But if you don't have water in about three days, you got a real problem on your head. Yes, and think about the economic impact Brian. Imagine if per the reporting, per the OIG, the EPA OIG's report, that you would potentially be able to shut these plants down, cause physical damage to them, you know, restrict or prohibit the flow of water. Think of the economic impact that would cause, not just to say and the health of people who might not be able to get water to think of all the businesses that rely on this water that would potentially be shut down, in the economic impact that would create just by itself if you had no water. Could the telecommunications hacking be used to shut these plants down? Perhaps? I mean we I'm like a broken record on this topic right now, but we have got ticket serious events and do it now?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, when you look like, for example, the city of Cincinnati, we've been talking about the financial problems that they're facing, pension underfunded, roads and bridges collapsing around you. They don't take care of what they've got. And since you've mentioned quasi governmental entities, of course, the water system is one of those, and we all know who's responsible for it. Do you think they pay a witsworth of attention to applying resources and money to something that's not real sexy. That isn't going to be one of these bright and shiny objects that we can talk about like paying for people's stained glass windows and privately owned residences.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, that's all.
Speaker 4: This is an important resource that needs to be dedicated and they're responsible for it. I mean, this isn't like pointing to Boeing and saying, get your act together because doors are falling off your damn airplane. You know, the market forces may correct that. I won't buy a Boeing airplane anymore, But this is something the government owns exclusively, and therein lies a challenge in the rub. This is why I hate socialism and communism. And whenever the government has control over the means of production, you're putting it in the hands of probably some incompetent people. Six forty six fifty five k c Detok station one more with Dave Google artificial intelligence saying we're all cockroaches and need to die. So first though, Colon Electric, you got an electric situation, you got a problem, or you want something done and upgrade. Maybe you need some outlets installed. Can I love my canlights? I know I've used that example as a bunch of times. But Color Electric did our candlights in our home, and we've owned that home now or since we built it nineteen ninety eight. We went most of the time without much light in the room, had to rely on floor lambs, and oh my gosh, the beauty of those canlights and lighting up the room. The fact that you can control the the hue of the light in the sense you want to continue with that incandescent look, you don't need to have that anymore. The modern led lining systems are absolutely amazing, low energy and just beautiful. And that's one of the projects Colin did for us. And they can do that kind of thing for you. Ten year wiring warranty on everything they do for your home.
Speaker 1: Call them up.
Speaker 4: They have an A plus with a better business vureau free. I'm not I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say free. But call them up and you can have the best in the business, the folks with the right connections. Cullen Electric, c U, L L E. N. Color Electriccincinnati dot Com. Where you find them online. Here's the number. Please give them my regards when you call for your appointment. Five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one.
Speaker 6: Two fifty five krc.
Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Mark is the best. He is the best, right there? Amen, brother.
Speaker 7: In fact, you'll you'll get I think you'll get a kick out of this for years. Like when Windows first gave you the ability to change the sounds, it would play when something happened, like that ding noise when the er occurs. I found I found that sound clip, and I set Windows up so any time I got an error, it would play how saying I'm sorry, great, I need I think.
Speaker 1: I might bring that back, bring it up. Yeah, why not?
Speaker 4: And you know, introducing yet another generation to two thousand and one A Space Odyssey.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: Never thought much of that movie. I know it's whatever, but that's uh, let's see, I love it almost subjectivity. It was boring. It does have those long stretch Oh that's the problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean the storyline's great. I get the point of the whole thing. It makes sense. It's it's interesting, but jeez.
Speaker 1: It's a boring, boring, boring movie.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Moving away from that to the reason for the how comment we need all that we're just cockroaches inhabiting them, invading this earth and so why not just die? That's Google AI summed up in a nutshell, isn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's This is an interesting story, and it's not the first time this has happened. You may recall we talked about this a long time ago. Microsoft back in twenty sixteen laun stay quote ai chatbot unquote called Tay on Twitter slash x, and in less than twenty four hours they shut it down because the thing just went totally off the rams. And there have been other examples like this where people have claimed that, you know, the AI told them something negative, go kill yourself, you're a cockroachch whatever. This is the most recent example. Now there's been some controversy around this because there's been a lot of speculation that this guy purposely try to manipulate the system into producing this kind of result. And there's some folks that speculated that, you know, like you can see the whole trans action log of this, and then there's a place where they think maybe he talked to it that wasn't show here and that's what caused this. But regardless regardless of how this happened, whether it just happened naturally or the guy was trying to what people in the business would call jail break it to get it to do something it's not supposed to do. You know, while this does not concern me, you know, right now, these AI tools are nowhere close to being sentient. They're not general AI. They don't have any agency. It's not like this thing can you know, get into a robot and come over and kill this guy. So some of the alarm around this, I think is a little hyperbolic. Even some of the comments from the people that this occurred to or happened to when they were using the thing. It's a little hyperbolic for me. But in my opinion, it's less about all of these things. Thank human beings should be wiped out or whatever. Just keep in mind these large language models. Yes they have bias in their algorithms, Yes they have bias in their training data. But the only answer is they can give you of what they've been trained on when they go out. When they go out and they scrape the internet and they find content out there, and then their algorithm uses some you know, statistical model to figure out what words should come together. You know, Okay, it produces some texts like this. It goes against their rules. Supposedly. You know, it can't tell you to harm yourself. It can't tell you how to make a bomb. There's all these things it's not supposed to be able to do. But we've seen numerous examples where people try to jail break it. They specifically attempt to get around the guardrails that have been built into these things. You know, Google claims if you read what they had to say about this, Yeah, this shouldn't happen. You know, they'll fix it, blah blah blah. The bigger issue, in my mind is less the jail breaking or that it might say something like this, and the fact that these things and this is why I think the bloom is off the roads to a large extent on these generative AI models. You know, I've played with this stuff a lot. I use it in certain circumstances. It can be a helpful productivity booster when you understand what they're capable of and what they're not capable of, right and stay within those guardrails. Me, the issue really boils down to this hallucination idea that it just makes stuff up. How can you really rely on something even if it's as low as ten percent ten percent of the time, you just get something that's completely made up, you might not necessarily know that, how can you really rely on it? You know? And I think that's why. Well there again that.
Speaker 4: There were a couple of news reports recently they had to withdraw statemency had previously made in connection with the Hunter Biden parton claiming that some other prior president had pardoned his brother or something, and it was a complete lie art of it, And all I relied on chat GPT was the excuse from the talking head on the news. But that chat GTP thing made up and provided fake or wrong information, so they didn't bother following up and doing any any follow up checking. It reminds me that, you know, what is it that that sex panther cologne? You know sixty percent of the time that works one hundred percent of the time, you know, but what about the forty percent?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 7: That almost sounds like a brute force cyber NAT's commercial. Brian, Yeah, yeah, it's just classic stuff. Again, I'm not saying these tools don't have a place and can't be useful. They can't. They clearly can. But this stuff is still in its infancy. I would encourage everyone go try it for yourself, see what they can and can't do. But understand this idea of hallucinations. And my advice is always, if you don't know anything about a topic and you are going to use the information that outputs in a way that could somehow come back on you in a negative manner, then then don't use the AI because if you can't thoroughly vet what it's telling you, you're setting yourself up for a disaster. You could get some sort of crazy response like this. Again, if I had to guess, I would say this guy probably did coax something to cause this. Yeah, yes, coaxed it. That's an excellent description. But but even then, you know it goes against their policy so well.
Speaker 4: That you could coax this into doing something it's supposed to be programmed to never do is revealing in and of itself.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes it is, Yes it is. So these things have a long way to go. I encourage people to take a lot of this stuff with the grain of salt. But if you're going to use these tools and they can be helpful, just understand the limitations and don't set yourself up for a situation where you find that you're quoted in the media for something that is completely false because of all of these tools.
Speaker 4: Get in touch with Dave and the crew interest it dot com. I love talking with you every week, even though it's scary most of the time. Dave, it's so vitally important. I can only hope like elected officials are listening to you because they're the ones responsible for the damn water supply. I look forward to next Friday, in another edition of tech Friday, take care of my friend, have a wonderful weekend. Six fifty seven fifty five cares of the talk station. We're gonna fix Hamilton County coming up seven o five Adam Kaylor in studio.
Speaker 1: Happened.
Speaker 8: It's the greatest political comeback of all time.
Speaker 1: It's ever been two three four.
Speaker 8: Times today fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 12: This report is sponsored by Peerre seven.
Speaker 4: Oh six a fifty five KRSD talk station and Brian Thomas here with in studio, which is a great thing because I certainly enjoy talking to folks face to face. Adam Kelor, you may recall he ran for Hamilon County Commissioner. Of course, along with every other single human being who ran on a conservative platform, went down in flames. What the hell happened to Hamilton County? The Hamilton County that I grew up in and knew and used to love, has become this bastion of blue nonsense. Adam Keayler, welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show to solve our problems.
Speaker 1: Thank you, my American loving friend, Brian Thomas.
Speaker 4: I really love freedom and America, at least the concept of freedom that once existed in this great land of ours, only to be completely upended by idiots that we elect into public office. And somebody had called earlier to complain about, oh the helmet kind of Republican Party or the Republican Party at large in the state doesn't fund they don't back their candidates. And I said, wait a second, look at Melissa Powers. Signs everywhere, a demonstrably awesome career, all the accomplishments that you can document. Look what she actually did. Yeah, she had a well oiled campaign. She was she was willing to talk to anybody. Where was who is Connie Pilach? And where in the now was she? The whole time? Not a dime I didn't. I saw like three signs. You know, I'm obviously exaggerating to a certain degree. But she wasn't out there doing town hall. She wasn't debating Melissa Powers.
Speaker 1: She had.
Speaker 4: She kept her mouth shut and in her home and with the door closed up until the very last minute, and then maybe made a few states, ended up walking away with it.
Speaker 13: That's that's how my opponent did it too. I mean, but you know, a Denise tree House, great name recognition. Republicans on the West Side still vote for her, which we got to stop doing that. But you've also got Connie Pilach on the other end of that. So Denise street House, everybody knows the Dreehouse name right on the other end of that pillage hasn't prosecuted a case since the crack epidemic. People just don't do their research on some of these candidates. And we had a great slate, I would say, I mean, I met most of the Republican candidates, and Chris Lips he had signs everywhere. How does he not win? I mean, he worked harder than any candidate. I'd argue he probably worked harder than than Powers and everybody else. And he's out there at everything, he's standing on corners, he's got his signs, you go over the west side. His signs are everywhere, and somehow he loses. It's just crazy to me that this is happening. But Democrats have built their little they're they're hunkered down in the cities. Right now, they're hunkered down in the county. We have them surrounded. I mean, on a positive note, we won all three branches of government.
Speaker 1: Either.
Speaker 13: The MAGA movement is what, from what I can tell, is just somebody who likes to connect the dots. It's an entrepreneurial movement. It's a movement of former Democrats, even people that they're sick of big government. They see the problem, they're sick of politicians in a traditional sense. You've got guys like Elonveck, Joe Rogan, all probably former Democrats. I don't know about Vek, but the other two Trump Donald Trump, former Democrat, Taulcy Gabbard former Democrat. We've got a Kennedy in the Maga Maha movement. Now it is becoming the Party of common Sense are and I almost feel like the Mega Party is kind of in a way a third party. Now, we couldn't get a third party built up from scratching to get people to vote for it. So it almost went through the Republican Party, and you're you're adopting new people, You're adopting Fetterman, for God's sake, in Pennsylvania's making sense now all the time.
Speaker 4: I can't believe that, And you're right, and I'm you know, I almost part of me wants to be reluctant to acknowledge that he does make sense now because he's always proven himselself to be such a moron. Oh my gosh, I mean even he can't abide. That's I mean, he's reached the point where he can't abide. And dare I say out loud, I mean my dream all along, I mean my I ended up my eighteenth year radio here this month. My dream has always been that the Republican Party would wake the hell up and become more a libertarian.
Speaker 1: Party, which it's started to.
Speaker 4: The MAGA movement seems to be less government intrusion, pairing back the reach and the scope. And you know, as as I read this morning on Kimberly Strassel's brilliant article, Doege mission is the opposite of mission creep, she points out, and I've been screaming out loud for years but most recently in light of this mission to og to pairback government. You know, Republicans have their own little fiefdoms. If it's a stupid project, but it's in a Republican state, they'll do everything they can defend it.
Speaker 1: I love Thomas Massey. I love him.
Speaker 4: And I mentioned him about being maybe the agricultural secretary, and he's on the program, and I said, maybe if you were secretary of Agriculture, we can get rid of the stupid idea put.
Speaker 1: In ethanol in a day on gas tanks.
Speaker 4: He didn't agree with me, He didn't staunchly defend it, but he did say something to the effect in a passing way, and then moved onto a different subject matter, something about well, you know, there's a lot of farmers that really get a lot of benefit out of that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Again, I don't want to put words in this about the podcast is right there on my blog page. You got to go back a little bit, but it's there. Yeah, but that mentality, the idea that you know, the predicate for us burning food in our gas tank is this global warming nonsense. We've got an unlimited support of available petroleum products and we can refine gasoline to meet our domestic needs.
Speaker 1: We don't need corn in.
Speaker 13: Our gas tanks well honestly, but the farmer, yeah, well no, don't give me that crap. Well, it's awesome to me too, because I mean, and you know what the repercussions are of when she eat. We need fossil fuels. It's just what it is right now. I mean, there is no better alternative right now. And you saw what happened when Biden came in and he wanted to appease the mob.
Speaker 1: What did he do? Tap the strategic petroleum oil reserve? Yep, and then we ran out of oil.
Speaker 13: And Trump before that had mentioned purchasing getting more oil at what twenty or forty dollars a barrel, and then Biden ends up buying it back at what one hundred dollars a barrel or ninety dollars a barrel or something like that. So it's just it's wasteful spending. It's a lack of vision. And you see this with the Democrats. And you know what, I.
Speaker 1: Love, Brian, You got Ron Paul.
Speaker 13: Ron Paul is going to see his day finally after all these years. Now, you got him in this whole Doze movement, and Dose is a crypto currency. I don't know if you guys know that, but the whole Doze thing, I think is named after the fact that you know, which is kind of a you know, cryptocurrency in general and bitcoin everything. I've been telling people about it for years and it just hit one hundred thousand dollars. I could not believe that big libertarian thing, right, because what happens with money over time, the supply of money increases, Right. You got fixed asset like a bitcoin, which has twenty one million bitcoin that will ever exist, and there's only nineteen million something of them that exists right now. But the idea is is that the reason bitcoin's price goes up over time is because it's not the bitcoin's gaining value, it's that the dollar is losing values. So now you need more dollars inflationary dollars to pay for something that is consistent, has a consistent supply, and that's why you want to own assets and things like that. And this is the point I want to bring up, is Republicans, this whole movement has become this entrepreneurial movement, and I think in Hamilton County the Republican voice has been suppressed the media, even the business career, and say, inquire these publications. Most of the articles you read, they're written by progressives, not just Democrats, progressive democrats. And you see this stuff all the time. You saw it on Twitter before Trump or before Elon took over Twitter. What we need to do and one of the things I want to help with is marketing.
Speaker 1: This is what I do.
Speaker 13: I own an ad agency, and after running a couple campaigns, I'm starting to see where the where the problems are, where the gaps are. The Democrats have been telling our story for us in the cities in Hamilton County. There's this idea. And as a former Democrat, I used to believe this too, because that's what I was told. I was told in schools. Who runs the schools? The Democrats. They're in doctrination camps. But then after that, now you've got DEI programs, ESG programs in the companies and all these big companies in Cincinnati that people come and work at. Then they're indoctrinated in these companies. Right, So where do where's our voice coming from?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 13: How are we getting to the people of Hamilton County and Cincinnati, there is no voice, right, so I built a website, the Cincinnati Exchange dot com. It's just kind of a demo right now. But the idea is to bring on people, volunteers, folks that I've met while campaigning, and bring them on and have them write for us. Have guys like Todd Zinzer, former US Inspector General, who writes for the Inquiry all the time.
Speaker 1: Op Ed's right. That guy will investigate everything. He's brilliant. Oh, unbelievable, and he tells the truth. Yes he does. I mean, look at this.
Speaker 13: Bridge situation we got going on right now. All we can do is speculate that was that was Halloween. It takes this long to investigate what happened. Most people know probably what happened, right, and and you've got all this speculation. Somebody actually got on my Twitter the other day it was like, uh with fourteen followers by the way, a new account, right, Uh, what's speculation gonna do? What's gonna help? I'm like, why do you want me to shut up? Is that what you want? Who sent you here?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 13: Because I mean that's what it is. The powers that be, they know they're guilty of this stuff. And they want to get rid of qualified immunity for police officer. What about qualified immunity for these politicians?
Speaker 4: About Oh, it's a nerve on that one.
Speaker 1: What about that? Let's pause, We'll bring Todd.
Speaker 4: He'll be in the studio of the entire hour here Adam Keller, and we're going to identify more areas where perhaps we can make some inroads in spite of the fact that Hamilton County has gone completely blue. Seven sixteen fifty five KRC detalk station. Let me save you money, and we're talking real, genuine, fat money. That is, if you think three thousand dollars, for example, is a giant chunk of money, I personally will always believe that's a lot of money, and if I can save that much, I'm going to take that into consideration. For example, with medical imaging MRISCT scans, echo cartograms, ultrasounds, lung screenings, and cardiac scorings, you will pay literally thousands of dollars and your insurance company may at the hospital imaging department cover some of this. What you're out of pocket going to be what's your percentage your copay and how many bills will you get from the hospital. One for the MRI, two for the contrast, three separate one for the Board certified radiologists report everything one price, and that is Affordable imaging services, where an MRI without a contrast is only four hundred and ninety five bucks. Compare that to the hospital work it could be thirty five hundred at a contrast, at affordable imaging it's six hundred and forty five bucks. Small increase in price in that contrast could probably cost you more than the entire scan with a contrast. When you're going to affordable imaging services, maybe a little bit out of the way for you, and don't expect a lot of bells and whistles. It's low overhead, but the same hospital type equipment is used. The CT scans, the MRIs, et cetera. Professionals have been doing this for decades, and you get a board certified radiologist report you and your doctor within forty eight hours of the imaging, and it's all at unbelievably low prices. So get in touch with me. You have a choice when it comes to your medical care. Ask the imaging department at the hospital what it's going to cost you out of pocket and then go, wow, let me call that number Thomas gave me five three seven, five three eight thousand, five one three seven, five three eight thousand. Check them out online, Go ahead Affordable Medimaging dot Com.
Speaker 1: Fifty five The talk station read.
Speaker 4: Time for the nine first ony one forecast part plenty of sunshine today. We're going to say partly that word is plenty high a thirty four overnight down to nineteen clear skies forty two. Tomorrow's high sunny skies thirty overnight with partly cloudy skies. Then we get a partly cloudy Sunday with a chance range showing up after one pm, going up to fifty two degrees.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's sixteen in time for traffic from.
Speaker 10: The uce Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: U See Health's weight loss center offers comprehensive obesity care and advanced surgical expertise called five one three, nine three, nine two two sixty three.
Speaker 10: That's nine three, nine two two six three.
Speaker 9: Traffic is still on the lighter side, and I'm recording good news no accidents right now in and around in Cincinnati.
Speaker 10: Traffic volumes, though, are building, and of course you may find sim on.
Speaker 9: And off slowdowns. Four seventy one southbounds Block ten the Big Mac Bridge.
Speaker 10: I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KRC to talk.
Speaker 4: Station at five care City Talk Station Lively on and off air comic conversation between them. Adam Kayler is in studio and me and Brian Thomas as to the drive carrecy morning show course. Adam had an unsuccessful campaign for Hamilton County Commissioner, but he's run a couple of campaigns. He's seen the wharts and the problems, and he knows what we're dealing with here in Hamilton County. And I think these problems transcend Hamilton County. So if you're not in Hamilton County, you're going why do I care about this? It's a problem that's going on tround. This entire country is out them pointed out in the last segment, these enclaves of Democrats, like in the City of Cincinnati have an overwhelming impact on broader areas. But the question is what we can do about it, and throwing money at it isn't always necessarily the answer. We need coordination. We need to have a more, a better, more well oiled machine, and the question is what does that machine look like and how does it bring about positive change? And what you and I would call positive changes. Of course, this broader concept of less government completely across the board.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'd love that.
Speaker 13: But here locally in Himil County, I could go over some basic tactics, like I mean, one thing is you know, having a voice, having somewhere where the Republican voice can be heard, and that's one of the reasons I put the Cincinnati Exchange website up. Then on top of that pairing that was something like a podcast, like a conservative podcast that we can put on the website, and me personally, I'm just gonna throw some money at it. I'll put my SEO team on it. We'll get some good on page search going hopefully boost that in the rankings, so people outside of my group and the people your listeners can actually go to the website, dig in and find information.
Speaker 4: Well real quick on that point, because I'm certain there's someone out there going, eyes rolling, going, ah jeez, another podcast. There are literally hundreds of thousands of them, And how does you know in a blue city, how are you going to elevate that conservative message to get people to actually listen to it even though it's out there, Because I know where you can go and I know where I go and can go. There are places where conservative messages is spelled out and very very done, very well, but here in Hamilton County. So the answer to that question is again.
Speaker 13: To aggregate it, all, Right, we need to be aggregating things in one place. It needs to be easy for people to find a lot of that information, right, and it doesn't have to be a competition.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 13: This could be hey, whatever's good, whatever, people like, come on and talk about it, right. I mean, they've got the Cincinnati a Facebook page. Since at politics Facebook's page, I mean, it is a cesspool of Democrats and they make you absolutely no sense when you go on to some of the comments. It's just it's just crazy, I know. So we need a space and that's one thing. Then on top of that, what I want to do is we build a lot of WordPress website. So what I want to do is build a WordPress multi site, a new site for the Hamilton County GOP. And what a word Press multi site allows you to do is take that website, spin out other websites. As long as you got space on the server, which we do, you could always pop new sites up for these candidates. One of the things is is candidates, they struggle to find resources. So you may not be able to raise a bunch of money. But what we can do is help you save money. So instead of going out and paying five ten thousand dollars for a website, you go to the GOP. We have a tool available to you. Spin out a website, right, pop you up a new website. You go in there, change your content, add your logo, do whatever you want. And I would voluntarily offer my services to candidates, and I did this whole entire election cycle. Give you a new logo, help you design out your banners, help you design your yard signs, help you design postcards. I help Mary Hill, I help Jonathan Peerson. I did it for myself. There's a couple other candidates we helped out. But all of those resources right now, you struggle when you're a candidate to find everyone costs money. Printer should I use? Where's the cheapest place to get signs? Where should I do postcards?
Speaker 3: At?
Speaker 1: All that information needs to be consolidated and aggregated together in one place. And what about raising money? Why can't they sell swag on their websites?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 13: We could have a store so that their friends their supporters can easily go on their website, order some swag, donate to their campaign. Another thing we could do with these websites is we could give every Republican club in Cincinnati a brand new website. They could all be branded consistently. Can and I'm actually doing this for Westside Jim Jim Keefer, if anybody knows him, I'm piloting this with his club right now. I redid their logo. We're gonna work with them on building out a new website. And then instead of his little ten dollars, he might be charging people to be part of the group, maybe charges them one hundred bucks, but it comes with a T shirt, a mug, maybe a hat or something like that, which we can get super cheap. And then all the profits go into a pool that ends up supporting candidates.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sounds like you've thought it out a lot. And again over to campaigns, I'm certain that these ideas are all stellar and you face these uphill challenges. And again going back to the earlier color earlier talking about well the Hamilton County GOP or the GOP just doesn't support meaning money the candidates. Well maybe, but do we have to look to just them to have that accomplished, And the answer is clearly no. Independent individuals like yourself creating these opportunities and greasing the skids and making it so much easier for any given candidate that we support to help their campaign. I love the concept. We'll continue with a them Keayler seven twenty six. If you have care CD talk station. I always enjoy promoting USA's Premium Phone because I know how many listeners that have gotten it have been so happy that they did, because it's just a It's a great product. I you know, the ultimate no brainer. But when you're buying something that provides you immediate benefit like the comfort improvement in your home, and then you realize that every single month you're going to save a tremendous amount of money on your energy bill. With rising energy bills, point to the reasons they're rising. They are period, end of story, so you want to keep them down. Of course, keep the money in your pocket. Get the USA Premium Phone and injected into the exterior walls of your home, guaranteed savings on your energy bill, immediate improvement and comfort. It'll also keep the mice and things out of your house like it's one person who let me know about that, and I think she was in the commercials like, oh, you know, the other thing is no more mice in my house barely she had a problem with that. But that's not the reason you ultimately buy just added side benefit. It's only ninety nine dollars a month interest free. I know a lot of listeners who saved more than that. So if it could be a wash, you could maybe save more, maybe save less, but save you will, and then ultimately it's paid off and you're still enjoying the benefits of the comfort and savings. So you also get a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit thanks to the federal government telling me you do something you should do on your own anyway, So take advantage of all of that, and again, ninety nine dollars a month interest free makes it the ultimate no brainer, which it is in any case. Three eight one three sixty two six. It's a free inspection. So you may be under insulated. Find out maybe you have no insulation in there. You'll find out with a free inspection and free quote. Three eight to one foam online, USA, Insallation dot.
Speaker 1: Net, fifty five KRC dot com up.
Speaker 4: Weather Time TENN nine says today is going to be plenty of sunshine with a high thirty four to be clear of a night down to nineteen Tomorrow, a Sunday day with a high of forty two thirty degrees overnight with partly cloudy skies and a partly cloudy Sunday chance rain showing up after one rainy night as well. Sunday's high is going to be fifty two. It's sixteen right now.
Speaker 9: Traffic size from the UC Health Traffic Center U SEE Health's Weight Loss Center on first comprehensive obesity care and advanced surgical Expertise Call five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine two two sixty three. It's pretty quiet on your main roads and freeways for the Friday drive. We've got some moderate pockets of traffic, but overall I'm seeing everything moving a posted speed seventy one, because you know they're looking good either way. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KRC the.
Speaker 10: Talk Station.
Speaker 4: Seven thirty one Think about Krcity Thoughts Station by Thomas Wissen Adam Carroler in studio talking in politics, A better way, a better path for getting perhaps say a wiser, more conservative Dare I even say little libertarian message out there? Government is broke. The city of Cincinnati is, I think we can say literally broke. I mean, we talked about todd Zender pension program alone, six hundred ninety million dollars unfunded or underfunded. They want to try to pass it off to o pers which I'm thinking about if I'm in Columbus, I'm laughing even at the idea if they got themselves enough money back into the pension program that would qualify them for even consideration. If I'm a representative in Columbus, I got one finger raised and you know which one it is. I got two words for him, and it ain't happy Birthday. You dug this hole, you dig yourself out of it. But this is what liberal government does. They keep throwing money. It's stupid things like street cars, and they don't pay attention to the roads. They've got the infrastructure that they're supposed to be taken care of, the stuff that they're already responsible for. And they hardly have enough money, if they even have enough money to deal with that. So none of it makes sense. And yet when you try to telegraph that message out, for example, on social media, which you and I've been talking about, you are immediately just inundated with all of this anger and.
Speaker 1: Vile and and.
Speaker 4: If you're like me, it's like, screw it. I'm not even gonna get engaged. I don't do social media for that reason. Listen, I do it for a living here for four hours a day. You got a job, Brian. These people are unemployed and I know that. And I have no idea whatsoever what people out in the world say about Brian Thomas.
Speaker 1: You know why.
Speaker 4: I don't look but I but why would I want to throw myself into that. Like that Cincinnati politics site you mentioned earlier. I've seen the posts on Facebook from them. They're crazy.
Speaker 1: They're crazy people.
Speaker 4: I could write a book in response to the stupidity that comes out on there, and I could post it. I could have facts and footnotes and a bibliography citing you know, research studies and you know, prior history and all of that to defeat and refute any stupid thing that they're saying. And they wouldn't listen to it all, and they would just pile on and call me names, and I'd be like, this isn't worth my time. So how do you overcome that? If Brian Thomas can't be convinced to get in there and make his point, how can we get other people to actually engage, to overwhelm their seemingly overwhelming unified.
Speaker 13: They pile on as soon as a conservative comes on there, they send a message, they send a message out to all their people, and next thing, you know, all of their friends who are socialists that don't work, have nothing better to do, they get on and then they'll pile on. And the problem is with that. They seem like they're right, they seem well their own echo chamber, and other people that come on there they look at that and they assume that that narrative is correct because more people did it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 13: Like if a bunch of people start buying bitcoin today, right, you think, oh, well the masses like this.
Speaker 1: People go along with the masses, Right, They don't. They don't.
Speaker 13: They're not really contrary in most cases, which is a lot of times what you should be.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 13: If PNG stocks down today, it's probably going to be up later on, but nobody wants to buy it when it's low. They want to buy it when it's high. Right, Buy high, sell low is what a lot of people do so, and you just came up with a business idea. By the way, you need to go on the SINCAI politics page, take screenshots of all their things and write a book. Call it Stupid Things Progressive Say and just it's just a book of quotes. It would be a best seller.
Speaker 4: Brian Peter Bronson, are you out there, Peter Bron's the Chili Dog Press. That's you know what, somebody out there will do that, And I go ahead and knock yourself out. It's a million I don't know if it's a million dollar idea or whether you actually ultimately be profitable one, but it sure would be funny, a condensed one stop shop to look at all of the inane comments written by folks on that one single website.
Speaker 1: Brilliant insane. Adam, you might want to take on that. Yea, you're insane people.
Speaker 13: But I mean, one problem is is we need a unified effort, right They have a unified effort, certainly, and that's the point. And that one thing on social media just illustrates the coordination they have at the and the with the DNC and with Democrats and progressives in Cincinnati. If you think about it. Their jobs are on the line. A lot of these people work in the government. They if they have jobs, right, they either work in the government or on the dole.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 13: That's who a lot of city democrats and city progressives are, right.
Speaker 1: A vested interest in the system. Right. We're entrepreneurs.
Speaker 13: If we say something on Facebook, it could affect our businesses, right, So they know that. And these people they have nothing to lose, so they get on there and talk all kinds of crazy stuff and nobody holds them accountable because half of them don't work, right, So I mean this is the truth. So I mean what we need to do is we need to get our message out there, particularly young people.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 13: What do democrats offer? They offer, you know, basic living for people who can't figure out life. Essentially, that's who their target market is.
Speaker 4: You mean, products of a public education system that's completely broken and does not teach children to you to meet minimum standards of education at any given level, and then churned out into society, supposed to be left to their own devices to make a living when they can't because they lack the function and this basic knowledge base to live, thrive and survive on their own. Oh look, gee, Hey, we've found the problem in the system. For We're going to talk more with Adam Keayler. After I mention Foreign Exchange Westchester location is the foreign Exchange location. I will strongly recommend Austin and his ASE certified Master technicians taking care of your imported you know, traditionally imported cars, whether it's from Europe or Asia, giving you a full warranty on parts and service for everything that they do for you, and you not paying nearly as much as you pay at the dealer. The bottom line, as I like to point out, always is the bottom line. It's saving you money. Why would you pay more? I don't understand, and you probably. I don't know all what your personal dealership customer service like at your dealership's service department, but I know you're gonna be treated very very well at Foreign Exchange. Like family folks up there, their smiles and they're accommodating. And you need a rental. That got one there for you, So call them up and schedule your appointment. Tylersville exit off seventy five, head east. When you're on seventy five Tylersville Exit East, two streets, hang a right on Kinglin and you'll run right into Foreign Exchange Westchester location, and please give them my regards when you do, also when you give them a call to schedule the appointment. It's five one three six four four twenty six twenty six online Foreign X formthletterx dot.
Speaker 1: Com fifty five KRC the talk station home values in city or.
Speaker 4: There is your nine first warning weather forecast. Sun shined today with a high thirty four down then nineteen overnight. Claire skys forty two are high tomorrow again, sunny clouds roll in over Saturday night. Driving to thirty degrees. It's got to go up to fifty two on Sunday, but you're gonna have to deal with clouds and a chance of rain after one pm fifteen degrees.
Speaker 1: Right now, traffic time from the.
Speaker 10: UC Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: You see Health's Weight Loss Center of first comprehensive obesity care and advanced surgical expertise. Call five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine two two sixty three.
Speaker 10: Traffic is a little slow.
Speaker 9: Seventy five southbound Galberth Road to Town Street also planned for having slow traffic. On four seventy one North Fountain between Grand Avenue and seventy one.
Speaker 10: I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 4: Seven forty one for five KR City Talk Station, joining our lively discussion hear this morning Adam Callern Studio. Of course, Branford County Commissioner unsuccessfully, but we we are in Hamilton County, which is the reason Madam is here. He's got a lot of experience in the tech world and got a lot of experience with running campaigns. He knows where the problems in the pitfalls lie. So the idea is to come up with a more well oiled machine to facilitate any candidate running on a more conservative, logical, reasonable platform and needs to counter this dominant, dominant, loud, angry, left wing narrative and anybody of logic and reason can step back from and look at the aftermath of their policies. I mean, we're just talking about the pension system, that the roads, the infrastructure of the city of Cincinnati is literally falling apart. But who's been running it now for the last forty years. You have to go back to Ken Blackwell, for the last Republican mayor I mean I can't remember, but that's been decades, that's right, Yeah, and it's only gotten worse over time.
Speaker 13: And I just Cincinnati's become just nobody thinks about Cincinnati around the country. I mean, I go, I travel a lot of places, and you know, they think they think we're in Iowa half the time, right.
Speaker 1: They don't even know Ohio.
Speaker 13: They don't even know where Ohio is, right, And they think they confuse us with Cleveland. Please don't confuse us with Cleveland, for God's say, Really, but I mean, what's happened in Cleveland, and what's happening in a lot of these ultra progressive cities is start going to start happening here. I mean, we have a Democrat monopoly in this city. And what do Democrats offer the average person?
Speaker 1: Nothing, nothing at all nothing.
Speaker 13: These are politicians. These people haven't been successful in their lives. And if you look at people like Elon, if you look at people like Vivek Ramaswami, if you look at people like Joe Rogan, the Democrats hate them because they're successful, because they offer society something that the Democrats can't offer. What the Democrats are good at is thievery. They're good at stealing from you and I from regular citizens, the class warfare thing. They're good at at digging into people's anger. Right, Yes, I'm not successful at life. So instead of blame aiming myself and my own decisions, I can blame Vivek Ramaswami and Elon Musk and these other successful people that are hoarding all the money. But what people don't understand is money's not finite. They're printing money every single day, and even if it was finite, it exchanges hands an infinite amount of times. They just found a way to create more value than you did. You create zero values sitting in your mom's basement playing video games every day, getting drunk and smoking weed. That's just not productive. But Democrats have found a way to turn those people into victims and find these little groups, these little voter bases that they can dig in and get those emotions. But what Republicans are good at are building businesses, are networking. We know a lot of people. Why aren't we reaching out to the young Republicans in at University of Cincinnati?
Speaker 1: Well, isn't it? Isn't?
Speaker 4: The answer to it as simple as well, it's just easier to hook myself up to the abilical court of government than have to act supply myself.
Speaker 13: That's right, that's right. But I wouldn't be in college getting indoctrinated by the Democratic Party into Marxism if I wasn't looking for a job. The problem is a majority of these students are going to school for nonsense degrees underwater basket weaving. What are you going to do with that? When you know what you're going to do with that? One of the Democrats who's on you know, they went for the school for the same thing. They're going to create a program or you're going to come in and create a nonprofit. They're going to find a way to fund that with the extra money they have, right the Todds Enza wrote about it. They've got all this extra money.
Speaker 1: Would they do with it? Did they put it in a pension program?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: They did?
Speaker 13: They figure out a way to get these homeless people off the streets and out of these tents and potentially burning down our bridges.
Speaker 1: No, they didn't do that. What did they do?
Speaker 13: They gave it to their friends. They're friends who went to school for nonsense degrees. DEI is just a way to give people who can't get it.
Speaker 1: It's just a way to get them a job. It's a fake market. You're creating cancer in your company.
Speaker 4: Well, and I think that's the dirty secret of government. I've joked about that for years and years. You have mister Smith goes to Washington bright eyed, well you know, bushytailed optimists that I'm going to go there to fix things and I'm gonna I'm going to solve these problems. And they take you into the back room and close the door and they say, you know what, No, you're not.
Speaker 1: That's why tear it down.
Speaker 4: We are here to create fake economies. For example, next year, we're gonna rull out this thing we're gonna call DEI and all those people that went to college to get degrees and in social fill in the blank, that don't have a job, We're going to create opportunities for them, and every company in the planet is going to then have to have its own DEI department. They're gonna have to hire them, and then those people will end up having jobs and paying taxes from their salaries to help fund this nonsense that we create fake economies. I swear I think that's where the whole idea of of of climate change came from, Yeah, we need to we need to create fake jobs. We need a green economy. Why they are the regular economies were going fine because you're exhaling us into oblivion. That's right, gonna die. So welcome to a brand new market place.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 13: And I think there are plenty of students that go to UC and I actually mentor some students there at the Lenner School, and those kids actually want real jobs. They want to create companies, they want to be the future entrepreneurs of America. Well where's the Republican Party. Where are the Republican people who are successful with business like me, who are willing to go in there and talk to these kids and be like, hey, look, I'm a Republican. I'm a nice guy. The narrative right now is that Republicans are these mean, old people, stodgy, stuck in our ways. We're greedy, we don't give back.
Speaker 1: We need to.
Speaker 13: We need to get rid of that narrative. And that's what the Democrats say about us. I'm telling you that they're thieves. That's my narrative, right and that's the way I see it. As someone who was a former Democrat and grew up in poverty and used to see them as my savior. And then I realized I'm my own savior, Briana. We need to tell other people. We need to show people by example. I'm one of you. I was where you were. I was eating Ramen noodles, right I was.
Speaker 1: I was eating cereal with water.
Speaker 13: You know, I was drinking kool aid with no sugar in it, right and now here I am.
Speaker 1: I could do whatever I want.
Speaker 13: Honestly, I could run campaigns knowing that I'm probably gonna lose, but it doesn't matter if I was go back to winning a life.
Speaker 4: But at least you get your message out while you're doing that. I need a platform that's right well, and that's fundamentally the change that needs to be brought about, which you're helping to facilitate, and we're hoping well works quite well. We'll bring out them back for a few more minutes. Here, take a break, right now, mention my friends at Zimmer heating and air conditioning, and right now you can still do it. Save twenty two one hundred dollars on a new cool carrier comfort system. They say heating and air conditioning. I would go back to the air conditioning deal they had going on before. But Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning get that system replaced. Save yourself twenty two hundred dollars. Yes, winter is here and if yours goes belly up, perfect opportunity to save some serious cash.
Speaker 1: Call them up.
Speaker 4: Zimmer will take care of you twenty four to seven in emergency sit situations. But you know, get on a maintenance program too, because they offer them. They'll come over on a regular basis. I'll check your system, make sure it's clean, well oiled, and whatever was required to help it last longer and keep you out of emergency situations. But if you know it hits the fan for the wrong time, they're there for you as they always are for more than seventy five years, taking great, great care of their customers. Chris Simm will help you out. Give them a call to schedule that appointment. Five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three can take care of it and learn more about what the Zimmer can do for you. Head on over to the website. It's go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 4: Channel and I says, today's going to be a sunny day. Got that going for you? Thirty four degrees for a high, down to nineteen overnight with claire sky. Sunny again tomorrow forty two thirty overnight with some clouds. Got a cloudy Sunday, partly anyway. Rains showing up after one pm fifty two for the high right now fifteen degrees and time for.
Speaker 9: Traffic from the uce Health Traffic Center. U See Health's Weight Loss Center offers comprehensive obesity care and advanced surgical expertise. Call five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine two two sixty three. Traffic slows on I seventy four eastbound between Montana Avenue and spring Grove Avenue.
Speaker 10: Also watch for traffic.
Speaker 9: Solving things a bit on seventy five northbound Buttermilk Pike two twelfth streets. I'm Heather Pasco in fifty five KRC the talk.
Speaker 4: Station seven fifty two here fifty five KRCD Talk Station. I feel like we barely scratched the surface solving problems here, at least theoretically so. With Adam Keller identifying problems and appreciating the fact that, you know, a little tough love might be the right direction to go with a lot of people, not hooking them up to the umbilical court of government for the entire tea of their lives. But that's how these coalitions are built, and that's how these you know, left wing I will call them radicals take over and they get people hooked. And once you're hooked, you're going to continue to vote money into your pocket, which is in essence what happened. So you've got this mechanism to get to facilitate better candidates, get them the help they need to start their campaigns, to run their campaigns, one stop shopping. Here's all the resources we got. Here's how to get the T shirts out there, here's how to get the mugs out there, the signs, and also the message. Yeah, sadly, we got to get the message in front of people who otherwise would not bother to even look at it, and are surrounded by a well oiled machine of constant left wing messaging.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 13: And you've whenever you're doing a campaign, whenever you have a brand, all of your messaging needs to ladder up to some sort of concept right, and the concept for me as someone who was a Democrat grew up poor built companies, is successful and is now a Republican. What I see the difference between the Democrat and Republican parties is they are the party of dependency. Yes, we are the party of taking your God given talents and doing the best you possibly can in this country, which you're in the easiest country in the world to start a business and be successful, which is why we got people banging down our doors to get in here.
Speaker 1: Why are you doing.
Speaker 13: Nothing with your life? As Republicans, I have a network. I know a lot of people. I can connect young people to the resources that they need. If do you need an internship, I can almost guarantee you. I can find you an internship if it's in business doing something, if you need a leg up, if you need help doing something, if you need advice, I can help you like I've been through it. I've started stuff from scratch from nothing. You need to learn how to raise money. I've raised money before. So we've got to get out there as Republicans. It's not just on the Hamilton County GOP. It's on us. But the problem is is we're so downtrodden. Right now, we got decimated in this election. So what's in Hamilton County?
Speaker 1: In Hamilton County.
Speaker 4: But the hope and the bright light in all of this is that America woke up to the things that we're talking about, at least on a national scale. And Donald Trump and these maybe call them independent minded folks. Again, this coalition that he is putting together and that we saw coming has been so appealing to so many people. I mean, I never thought I'd say I'm happy about RFK Junior being a part of this process. I disagree with him on a lot of topics, but you know what, we need someone who's gonna be slap everybody in this country about our diet and our consumption and all the bad things that are going on in the world. We need to focus on that. He's going to be a great messenger for a better way of life, at least in terms of one's health. That's his that's his area. Now he's got a bully pulpit. He doesn't have the quote unquote baggage of being the hardcore right wing conservative demonized from the get go, like pick a guy like Ted something, there's a built in demonization so if he was in charge of.
Speaker 1: It, I screw that guy.
Speaker 4: That's DNA to McDonald rfkaging say they might listen to him.
Speaker 13: Well, the guys, what's sixty something years old? He's great. Yeah, the guy's doing push ups. You know, I saw him bench pressent. I'm gonna put a picture of him in my refrigerator so when I go down there at two o'clock in the morning, is his face is right there. But I mean, there's a lot of stuff we have to do, and that is really becoming the Big Tent Party. And I think, you know, a lot of Democrats hate trickle down economics, but I think trickle down policy is gonna work in our favor because I think they are going to deliver. And I'm I'm actually positive that they're gonna deliver. And I'm going to DC on the twentieth to go to go to the inauguration and celebrate. But I think now that we have all three branches of government, people are gonna start seeing this economy turn. They're gonna start seeing things change. They're gonna see the government shrink, they're gonna see the deficit trink. And if we can actually deliver on those things, it's gonna come down to Hamilton County, which everybody knows. Everything comes to Cincinnati ten years late, right Mark Twain's old quote. Yeah, but if that's it starts to happen, we need to be in a position to take advantage of it.
Speaker 1: Right now's the time to start.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 4: It has been a real pleasure Adam having in the studio. Always enjoy our conversations. Keep up the great work. I know you and I'll be talking again in the future about the progress you're making on behalf of everybody in Hamilton County, and that means everybody, because this path is a much better one for everyone.
Speaker 1: Seventy five KRC Talk Station. Have a happy holidays, brother, and.
Speaker 4: You and your family stick around speaking holidays, holiday wine pairings with Keegan Corcoran, my sommier friend. He's gonna help us all out. We're gonna have a little bit of fun at the eight o'clock hour, which is always my pleasure to do.
Speaker 6: Be right back there we go again.
Speaker 1: Another news updates.
Speaker 7: We're gonna get all the.
Speaker 11: Facts, an ear full of information.
Speaker 14: At the top of the hour and they'll break it down fast.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 12: This report is sponsored by being ready.
Speaker 8: For work at all day in fault and check in throughout the day fifty.
Speaker 4: Five krs the talk station fifty five ker CD talk station. Hooray it's Friday, Hooray it's eight o'clock hour, and hooray in studio from Ignition Wines, which is a wholesale wine distribution company. Formerly the sommier for all of the Jeff Ruby restaurants, but I think speaks volumes for his sommolier skills, happens to be one of the the rarefied air in the world in terms of his sommier status. Welcome back, my dear friend, Keegan Corcoran. It is awesome having you in the studio today. Thanks for having me Brian doing holiday wine pairings. But also we're going to talk about wine today because you might and before we get to some of the wines you brought and what we should be thinking about in pairing wines. And I always like to qualify these conversations by initially saying, you know, I feel like I don't know a lot about wines. I like what's in front of me. If I taste it and it tastes great, thumbs up from me, I don't feel like I'm capable of analyzing it in terms of you know, well, it's a subtle wine. It's a you know, non pretentious and you know, the kind of words you hear quite often with people in the elevated areas wine and you're not though. This is one of the reasons I like you in spite of the fact that you happen to use this second highest tier you can possibly reach in the world of wine. Yeah, and well spirits and other things too, because we've talked about before, it means more than.
Speaker 1: Just runch yeaheah.
Speaker 14: So and I'll be sitting for the master exam again in April, so that's a yeah, yeah, yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: My god, I cannot imagine. I cannot imagine a lot of work. Yeah, I know it is. And hopefully the next time you're in studio after that happens, you will be what is it master?
Speaker 1: Uh they call it if I yeah.
Speaker 14: That so the the first part you start off with theory, the theory examination. So you have a couple of day process of getting grilled by panels of masters, and you know, you try to break that up with shots of tequila here and there to calm the nerves and keep the brain steady.
Speaker 1: But you know, so that's almost like.
Speaker 4: It's almost like a board certification process for medicine. You got to sit in front of the panel.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's it's it's you know, I've never taken the boards obviously, but the Masters exam is the most difficult exam in the world.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 14: It's it's comprised over three parts over multiple days. First theory, where it's just an oral exam and they can ask you anything on the world of beverage, includes spirits. Yeah, emphasis on wine for example, correct emphasis on wine, but you know, inclusive of beer, inclusive of you know, liquor possibly cigars, tea, coffee.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 14: And then you have a service practical where you're working this kind of mock uh, kind of restaurant scenario. Of course, every table is filled with master Soya's and they're conducting a secondary oral exam while you're trying to conduct proper wine service at the time, decanting and you know, proper placement of glasses.
Speaker 1: It's own.
Speaker 4: They're sitting there sort of like with a menu thinking I'm considering having the Oh yeah, my wife and I are having the chateau on and we'd like to know what your recommendation is to go along with that.
Speaker 14: Uh, we don't have a right between nineteen eighty three and nineteen eighty nineteen eighty seven, what are the differences between those four?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, crazy thing.
Speaker 14: So And meanwhile, you're trying to decant, you know, a bottle of wine while looking through a candle. It's very old school and et cetera. And it's it's it's it's awesome. You know, it's a it's a very uh as far as you know service within classic fine dining parameters. It's it's you know, it's it's it's very appropriate, and it's.
Speaker 4: It's like Emily Post Book of rules for just that whole process. It's like, I don't know, I want to think, like a traditional dance, there is a proper way to do it, and there's not, and there's an improper way of doing it, and there's a multitude of improper ways.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and and you know you could you can mess it up. But also you know, your nerves are going you're trying to keep the rolodex of your flash cards in your head, which of you know, there's tens of thousands for anyone that is taking that exam. Uh and and meanwhile, you know they're asking you questions and the whole the whole point is to try to throw you off balance. And you know, for those of us, you know, like you said, my background is a Jeff Rubies, and that's a trial by fire. You know, a very high level of expectation for the service standards. And I'm thankful for my time there because it really helped me prepare for these examinations, because you know, I know how to carry a tray without thinking about it, I know how to place class where I know you know how to move around the dining room. I know how to move around a guest and keep them comfortable and X y Z. But at the same time, I'm used to, you know, guests asking you difficult questions at a time where you know, like you know, asking you about Bordeaux, for example, or asking you about Rioha, or asking you about some NAPA what are the differences between these five NAPA cabs for example? But meanwhile, I'm in the back of your brain. You got okay, I got a water that table over there, I got to that table there, I'm waiting on salads for this table. Oh did I put in the order for this one, you know, that kind of thing on a busy Saturday night.
Speaker 4: So it's are they gauging your personality as well? Because oh yeah, you know you've everybody's been to a public speaking event where you had this. I mean, you almost feel sorry for them. They up in front of the room and they're reading from their notes or they feel like, oh my god, the spotlight's on me. You almost feel how nervous. You feel bad for them because they're projecting that out. So they're actually they're gauging your comfort, your personality. I mean, can you be humorous with them and try to keep things light while dealing with all these difficult questions that are being posed.
Speaker 1: That kind of stuff.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and I remember, you know, and there's a I think grace is a good word when it comes to it, because you know, you can certainly make mistakes at any point, you know, during service, whether it's a real restaurant scenario or where it's or whether it's you know, an actual examination. And I remember one time when I was taking my advanced exam, the time when I passed in twenty eighteen, and you know, I'm trying to keep everything in my head and make sure I'm not making mistakes, make sure I'm answering questions correctly, all while conducting service in the service practical Because the advance is structured very similarly to the master exam, the depth of the information isn't is intense, but it's pretty close. Yeah, And how many advanced people are there in the world? Got six hundred, so you're one of six hundred on the entire planet. And how many masters are there in the world, uh to twenty nine? I believe it's the last count.
Speaker 4: But you've got eight billion people in the world. There are two hundred and twenty nine people who've got to that level.
Speaker 1: It's a tough exam. Is amazing. It's a very tough exam to a clickish group too.
Speaker 4: I imagine they're not interested in any outsiders actually joining the club.
Speaker 1: I suspect there's ativeove them in their environment.
Speaker 14: No, no, no, you know, there's a you know, I mean, certainly within any organization, you're gonna have you know, groups within groups and whatnot and people that whatever.
Speaker 1: But that's just the tribal nature of human nature. But no, but if you can pass most or they're happy to have you in.
Speaker 14: The sub absolutely absolutely always looking you know, the quarter master so is always looking for quality people and want to the whole the whole function of the Court is to expand the the the nature and the standards of hospitality, particularly with respect to wine and wine service throughout the throughout the world. And it has a very strategic restaurant focus. So you know, not to say that people that are in retail or for example, now I'm in wholesale since I started this company, uh, don't have a place within the Court. They certainly do, but it's it's it's more to kind of uh stratify and create a more cohesive and uniform standard of service, and it has significantly elevated that standard across you know, the entire world. I would argue as far as what even your base level server or you know, wine professional within a restaurant scenario or restaurant environment is able and capable of doing.
Speaker 1: They publish a book Uh.
Speaker 14: Uh not really, So you know there's a kind of a suit I think now there's a They didn't when I was, you know, going up in the court, but you know they've the Court is evolved over time.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 14: I believe when you take your level one your introductory you are given like a kind of guideline manual sort of thing, but even that doesn't encompass everything. So it's it's it's one of the elements that makes the exam so difficult too, especially once you get to the upper lash echelons of the testing. You know, it's not a it's not a hey, memorize this book, right, it's a hey, go learn wine and come come play around with our test. And there's no journeyman apprentice kind of thing going on that. I mean, I'm just wanting you to acquire all of this knowledge that clearly it is a well, i mean almost unimaginable potential for questioning the inter facing infinite person word for it. Yeah, but you have to you're on your own to get all the way to the point where you're going to be subjected to that critical analysis. I mean, this is a self learned process. It Yes, it's a personal journey, it really is. It's a personal journey. But also you know that's also also not to say I would say the most important word left out, regretfully was that it's a fellowship. So you do have to rely on people that have gone through the tests, your your mentorship with other Master Samiers is crucial, and it makes it difficult for us in the Ohio region, or at least the Midwest, because a lot of the Master Sambier's live in some of the bigger markets.
Speaker 1: And that's fine.
Speaker 14: Yeah, there's a lot of people that that moved, you know, to be closer to the master Samiers and work in the same restaurants so that they can get that tutelage. But now, in the advent of zoom and Skype and everything else, you know, we do tons of the world is a much smaller place than it certainly is.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll pause, We'll bring kicking Korf back talking about wines, and I have some other questions trends in wines. I mean, has everything already been done? They've been making wines since, you know, the time before before Jesus was around. So have we crossed all the bridges? Are there new inroads that people are making out there? Are there different regions where new wines coming from, But also some fantastic pairing recommendation specific wines that Keegan's brought with him to talk about. Stay sixteen right now, don't go away, We'll be right back.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 4: Have you taken your thing Somolia and he is the second tier from the top, which means he's in rarefied air with only about what six hundred he said in the world. So we'll keep our fingers crossed before you moving forward. And if you're a bit you're a restaurant out there and you're looking for a wholesale distributor of some fantastic wines tried, tested and proven by my friend Keegan Corcoran here in studio. Ignitionwines dot com is where you want to go to contact him and talk to him because he'll be happy to bring some of his wares to you and of course do his best to sell you some. But trust me, if Keegan is carrying it, it is really good stuff. That's what his job is, to separate the wheat from the chaff. And we'll be talking a little bit about that this morning. But before we do get a wine recommendation, I wanted you to mention you said something about events off air, and I, well, do you want to tell the listeners about the events?
Speaker 14: You said, well, absolutely so go ahead. Well I appreciate it. Yeah, I have a couple of things coming up. One tonight at Village Wines Glendale. Really nice tasting event there. I'm not sure if the tickets are sold out, but go ahead and call and find out. And then my friend's over at Country Fresh farm Market, the one there's two locations, yeah, one off Beachmont and then one on Vine Street. I've got an event at the Vine Street location tomorrow. I believe it's four to seven, So you get tickets for that, and that's more kind of a grand tasting. There's multiple vendors and you get to taste and whatnot. But both both Jamie at the Beachmont location and the Heather at at the Vine Street they are awesome people. They've got a great wine selection and it's gonna be a good little event.
Speaker 6: Cool.
Speaker 4: So there's one place, a couple of different places you can go to get your wines, but also the events you can attend if you are so inclined. All right, move to I wanted to ask you about this because I kind of let into as we're closing out the last segment, not to restate everything over again, but has it all been done?
Speaker 1: I mean, well, I've been.
Speaker 4: Making wine since like since Adam, you know, and and so I think like there's always these regions, but lo and behold. In the nineteen seventies they discovered California. Oh my god, they make great wines in California, and the whole world was rock because France was blown back and go, oh my god, we actually have competition. And then Washington State, and then you heard about Chile, you heard about South America, and all this has happened during my lifetime.
Speaker 1: The world's gotten smaller, like you said, well it.
Speaker 4: Has, so, I mean in the context I'm thinking of and don't laugh at me, never would, But I know that there are small er wineries, like I've heard of some in California, Like smaller. Is there such a concept as like a microwinery? Like we have micro breweries popping up everywhere because you need acreages, you need grapes, or could could you go out in the world and just buy the grapes from somebody else and then make them in small quantities and say, you know here it's Brian's winery And yeah.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Yes to all of that.
Speaker 14: So you know what my portfolio typically represents is I go after the smaller, more boutique esque wineries that a lot of some of the bigger portfolios. Some of the bigger distributors kind of look up because it's not a production size that might satisfy them. But for me, being a sole operator and a smaller distributor, it's perfect. And also, you know, can I like working with smaller, more family oriented vineyards and winemakers. So for example JB Neufeld there, I mean the JB stands for Justin and Brook, their husband and wife wine making team. They're based out of Yakama in Washington. Small productions. Some of their stuff they only make like two hundred cases of and you know, that's not that much wine, you know, in the grand scheme especially, I mean it's really not that much. Let's say even just for Ohio because their brand is really starting to grow here and spread. But also you know, imagine you got to spread that across the entire world or even just the United States. That's not that much to go around. So so yes, to answer your question. But then there's also historically would have been called the French term is called garagies, so basically garage winemakers. You know, it's it's it's it's it's common for people to just have like a warehouse and source their grapes from somewhere and they store you know, they use that garage quote unquote to store their barrels.
Speaker 1: So that's funny.
Speaker 4: I had forgot about that because it was a an Italian grocery store that my wife and I used to go to. It's called Capudos on Harlem Avenue in Chicago, and there was this I guess, whatever grape season would come and people would buy these cases and cases of grapes. They make their own homemade wine at home, So the garage wine I had forgotten about that. I've so there's there's the people make homemade beer, that people make home made wine. I'm just thinking, right in terms of a commercial scale micro you have to do what the the JB folks are doing.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean it's you can be kind of as large or as small as you want, but you know, it's also a matter of uh, you know, I've heard a lot of people ask me over the years, you know how much money is in the wine making side of wine? And the classic expression is do you know how to make a million dollars making wine? You throw ten million at it.
Speaker 4: So that's I'm thinking of Maynard James keenan from tool and he built a winery in Arizona. Yeah me, what the hell? Yeah, they'll go away. We're continue with Keeking Corker. I promise we'll get the wine record dation that's coming up A twenty six at fifty five KR see de talk station.
Speaker 13: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 4: It's time for the weather. Channa nine says, we got a nice day in our hands today. If you like a high thirty four and sunny skies tonight down in nineteen, clear skies, sunny again tomorrow forty two, partly cloud every ninth down thirty and a partly cloudy Sunday, chance of rain after one pm, and a high half fifty two sixteen degrees.
Speaker 1: Right now, let's hear about traffic from.
Speaker 10: The uc Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: UC Health's Weight Loss Center offers comprehensive obesity care and advanced surgical expertise. Call five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three, nine two six three. Traffic is slow on I seventy four eastbound between Montana Avenue and Spring Grove Avenue. Heavy traffic may slow you as well. On seventy five South found between Galberth Road and Town Streets. I'm Heather Pasco in fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 4: This Giraldi, It's Christmas Time. The only sanctioned Christmas music on the fifty five KRC Morning Show is the Events Garaldi Trio and the Charlie Brown Christmas alveul In Studio Keegan Corcoran. We're enjoying the holidays right now with some yeah, really interesting. I hope you find it as fascinating as I do, because again, I'm not a wine snob. I'm not a wine guy generally speaking, but I really, you know, just enjoy a nice class of wine from time to time. So I just love having a brilliant sommelier and one of the rarefied air in the world to talk to who doesn't come across as a SEC compliance rules kind of boy. Just go ahead and use the word snob. You don't have to use the dump button again. Yeah, I know, but it was a D word I wanted to use. It's a hyphenated word. And you know what I'm talking about, right, You've been in conversations with people like that and you're like, give it a break, which at.
Speaker 14: All fairness Brian, there's probably been plenty of people that have called me that, but you know, yeah, well and me too. I mean, I do this. I do politics basically for a living. So I'm sure that there's probably a majority of people who would reach that conclusion about me. But I personally don't care. Yeah, but I like wine, but I don't know wine. So talking to a guy like you makes it really a comfortable conversation. So you're answering a lot of questions I have that I'm inquisitive about. Now moving over, since we promised we would give some wine recommendations, and this again a Kegan. You can find them if you're looking for a wholesale wine distributor, if you're a small wine store, if you're a restaurant. Ignition wines dot Com is how you reach Keegan, and he's got some fantastic stuff. Like I said, it's past the Kegan Corcoran test, So you know you're in good You're in good realm. But it's it's wines that you probably never have heard of, wines that you know, he's happy to bring to people's attention in a region which otherwise wouldn't have them. That's a lot of these small wineries. So let's talk about the Withers shardon ay, Yeah, this is one of my one of my favorite. I've known Andrew tow since probably oh Man twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen. We met at a tasting event down in Nashville one time and I just happened to be down there and I tasted through all of his wines. Loved him and he was a great guy. And I was like, you know, at the time, I was with Jeffrubies, and I was like, let's put these on the Ruby's list because I know that they would really really kill and they've done really well. So now they're on all the Jefferbyes lists. And then it was probably about six seven months ago maybe Andrew gives me a call out of the blue and he's like, you know what I want to get with you? How do we get with the Ignition wines? He was like awesome, cool man, Oh yeah, yeah. So so he registered the brands and with me, and you know, Bob's your uncle. I've been slinging them all over the State's cool. Yeah. I mean hence the name Withers.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 14: You know, there's a nice horse which I've learned is his name is mister Burgess. It's his his wife isn't accomplished equestrian, and uh, they're they're just really really cool people. And there's a music component there too. He's big, in, big into the music scene. I remember hearing a story one time. He he said he was working at h at the vineyard bus pulled up very non a script and ended up being Kings of Leon And they've been friends ever since.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they love thee Yeah, they love the wine. Yeah.
Speaker 14: And I've been trying to nudge Andrew to get me, uh you know, some backstage passes, but you know, I don't know if that will happen, but.
Speaker 4: It probably will, I think if I probably guess. I mean he got him on the Jeff Ruby Restaurants wineless, the Osia Favor, not at all, but uh Withers Winery. It's Santa Rosa, California. How big is this winery? I mean we're talking about sizes total production. Uh, you know, a few thousand cases. I'm not sure entirely how how much.
Speaker 14: So I don't want to I don't want to misquote, you know, but but well, okay, it's not a gigantic winery.
Speaker 1: I'll say that some of the.
Speaker 4: Best wine I've ever had in my life comes from Farneyante you're familiar with, which is awesome wine.
Speaker 1: Yeah. How many cases do they produce?
Speaker 4: By way of contrast to the two thousand that you mentioned that this winery producers? Oh, I mean, I'm not going to hold you the number tens of thousands probably, Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. Yeah, I mean they're a big operation and they make awesome wines.
Speaker 1: Don't get me wrong, you know, Oh my god, yes they do. Dulce.
Speaker 4: I'll bring it up again, my favorite wine, and I know, man, I got two bottles at home Land on the side. I wanted one over the last couple of months I've been in that Keto diet and there was Did.
Speaker 1: You keep that magnum bottle? Did you? Of course I did? Signed by the guy. Now I don't know. Yes, dolt folks.
Speaker 4: If you want to dessert wine, Brian Thomas here to tell you it's the best blanking stuff on the planet. You will be immediately addicted. And it's expensive, but it's worth every penny you spent on it because it tastes the damn good. We say it tastes like a bouquet of flowers blew up in your mouth. It's really good, amazing stuff. All right, we're going to get a recommendation on what Keegan described to me as what it delivers on what Pino Noir promises. It's a grenache and it's from another small winery that you can get via Ignition Wines, as long as you are buying a wholesale. A little more with Keegan corkor and coming up, don't go away.
Speaker 6: Fifty five krc Hey, it's the snee and for the past.
Speaker 4: Sixteens, what does Channel nine say about the weather today? We have plenty of sunshine. Thirty four is going to be the high nineteen overnight with clear skies. Sunny tomorrow as well, thankfully going up to forty two with an overnight little thirty and partly cloudy skies. Now we will have a partly cloudy Sunday, but we'll see a high of fifty two. But there is a chance of rain after one pm. Sixteen degrees. Right now, if you give up pair city talk station time.
Speaker 9: For traffic from the UC Health Traffic Center see helps. The Weight Loss Center offers comprehensive obesity care and advanced surgical expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine two two sixty three. An accident on two seventy five westbound at Madison Pike leaves traffic stop and go from Taylor Mill Road. Also, I'm seeing traffic slow on seventy five northbound between Norwood Lateral and Town Street. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KRC the talk station, a thirty.
Speaker 1: Nine for five k city talk station. It is that time of year.
Speaker 4: Glad you see Joe Strecord dusting off the Vince Giraldi trio in honor of Christmas and in honor of Keegan Corkor and Master Samier soon to be Master Sammis. I just I know you're gonna make it. Yeah, thanks, uh wholesale distributor at he owns Ignition Wines. You can find him online Ignitionwines dot com, where he carries some absolutely amazing wines that you just can't find generally speaking. Smaller wineries one that are maybe unsung heroes and heroes they are because that they meet Kegan's tough standards. Then you know you've already passed the test. So you're dealing with great wines. The question is which one you want to buy? So we talked about this shardon Ay, and again it's a wonderful Shardona, which I was if I was allowed to drink in studio. Of course, apathetically, so withers shardon Ay. So we dealt with that one, moving over to what you described to me as Grenache delivering on what Pino Noir promises. Yeah, what do you mean by that? I you know, I I love Grenache. I think it's an unsung hero in the wine world. A lot of times it's splendid, but as it stands alone, uh, and produced domestically, it's a fun wine. It's just it's it's it's uh, it's it takes you, It looks and it has a feel very similar to panan Noor, but it's more lively. It kind of has this like crunchy, bouncy red fruit going on. It's it's a lot of fun. So and and it has I think a little bit more flexibility when it comes to pairing with food, So it's a little bit more food friendly. This is all Keegan's opinion, by the way, but uh, you know, it's it's So this is chiron made by Bobby moy who is a Napa Valley native. This is a Central Coast grenache and it's it's some killer juice.
Speaker 1: Chyn c H I R O N.
Speaker 4: I like the the The subheading unfamiliar truth yeah is written on the bottle.
Speaker 1: It's cool. So uh a default.
Speaker 4: Immediately if you were sitting down in front of a plate of fill in the blank, you would say, I want a grenache. What would that food be?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 14: Uh, you know what you said. It's flexible. I think you could have a burger with it. I think you could have duck with it. I think you could have a lean steak with it, like yeah, yeah, duck would be great. Yeah, it with some kind of like cranberry sauce kind of thing I love. Oh yeah, and I love or cherry sauce, you know.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Now you got my mouth watering. Hey ducks on the approval list for Keto?
Speaker 1: Is that the problem?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: There you go, all right?
Speaker 4: And then a moving over and again it's Ignition wines dot com. The first ventnor that you ever had signed up that this this group actually helped you to get where you are, and you help them to get where they are. This is like this great relationship you were talking about earlier, probably more the former than the latter.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 14: I'm not going to give myself credit that I helped them too much now. So Wallawalla Ventnor's there walla walla yep. Washington out of Wallawalla, Washington, yep. So it's a small hope. Yeah, well it's at Oregon. It dips, it crosses the border, so there's actually walla wall at Oregon too, in the northern parts.
Speaker 1: I did not know that, yep.
Speaker 14: So these guys are are great. They make excellent wines. It's their woven fields red blend.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 14: It's it's mostly mer Low for this vintage.
Speaker 4: But it's sixty five thirteen percent cab, twelve mileback and ten SRaw. So that is a real nice balance because I'm not real big on cabs because of how dry they are, ye, but with the mix cap today because of that. So, but I'm not a looted of drinking studios, so it doesn't matter. You can bring anything you want. I just you can look at the bottle. I didn't see bottle of dulce in your back, but I have found over the years. Personally speaking, I want to get your reaction to this. I really really enjoy red blends better than any individual red grape like cab or fill in the black of any other type of grape we're talking about.
Speaker 14: Well, here's something that's going to blow your mind. Most wines are red blends. It's actually very well red wines particularly it's it's kind of it's it's it's less common to find varietal wines because one particularly as it pertains to the United States, and then also historically across the rest of the world. A lot of places blend, you know, and there are different labeling laws too where it could be uh. For example, in California, it's seven twenty five percent labeling law. So if it says cabernet on the bottle, and not to confuse anyone, but if it says cabernet in the bottle, it only has to be seventy five percent cabernet. Oh wow. And they don't have to include what what else? And and that's not a bad.
Speaker 4: That's part of the magic though, because if if you can call it a cab but they have that extra special twenty five percent blend that separates theirs. They're keeping that proprietary way.
Speaker 14: And it's also it allows flexibility for the wine grow because they're farmers after all, and not every single year is perfect for Cabernet. So if there mer Low came in better, you know they can. It allows for a little again grace for the wine making. But also, you know, the very few grapes are perfect and are complete quote unquote on the pallette that you know you can say like, oh, I'm drinking this and uh and I don't. There's nothing else that this wine needs, right, So very classically, you know, cab and mer Low are very historically linked. So a lot of people like to describe Cabernet as like the out side of the donut and then the mer Low being like the jelly filling kind of thing to complete the two, right, you wouldn't want to have I mean, you can't have a donut with that without jelly filling. But you get what I'm saying, like, it's it's it's it completes the picture. So one without the other is not necessarily a good or bad thing.
Speaker 1: I just stood.
Speaker 4: It's just yeah, I stood well as you heading a break again, if I were able to consume one while I'm on the studio or in the studio, I would recommend all of my listeners get a bottle of Walla Walla Ventnor's Columbia Valley Woven Fields Red Blend. You got me on that one. Columbia Valley Woven Fields Red Blend from Walla Walla Ventnors. Rumor on the street says it's really, really, really really great eight forty five five cacity talkstation. One more as we wrap up a Friday, as I segue into a three day weekend, don't go away.
Speaker 6: Be right back fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Prescriptions required online consultation.
Speaker 4: Yes, what a wonderful world it is, especially if you've got the right wine in front of you.
Speaker 1: Joey Geez.
Speaker 11: Loses too.
Speaker 1: Ah, I dearly love that song.
Speaker 4: That's a concert reminded me every time I hear it, I think it's Friday at the end of the hour. But thank you Joe Shrekker for rolling that bump for me every Friday at this time. And thank you Keegan Corcoran, our so many a friend again. Online you'll find men Ignitionwines dot Com wholesale he is so you can go looking for him to buy a single bottle of Folds of Honor Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon. This is see we can help the American veteran and help Folds of Honor because every time you buy a bottle of this final wine we're gonna talking about, they donate the Folds of Honor, which helps educate and support the children of fallen and disabled American military heroes. So it's got a beautiful uh, the the fold from the American flag on the front, the blue part, and uh, it's a Cabernet savign You and Keegan Corcoran tell us about this one.
Speaker 14: Yeah, So this is made by the Westerly Winery and Mike Speakman, who is a friend of mine who who owns the winery. Westerly in general makes fantastic wines. Uh. Before I even did this, my friends and I have been big fans of of what they do. They're based out of Santa Barbara and Mike hit me up. He's a solid guy. He's a great guy. He's like a he's a fifty five Carosne Morning show kind of guy. He absolutely is. He absolutely is, and he's he's just very generous and and a super dude. And you know he'd called me yesterday. You know, everyone's so often he'll hit me up. He's like, tell me what's going on in the wine world out in California. But you know, he hit me up and he said, you know I have these wines. You know that my partnership with I make for the Folds Honor Foundation, which, as you said, it benefits the children of fallen military and first responders.
Speaker 1: It's an awesome cause they're a great group. Uh.
Speaker 14: And he's like, would you be interested in these wines? He's like, absolutely, you know, I I'm a I'm a patriot. I like to consider myself, you know. And and and you know who your mom.
Speaker 4: Is, Claria Corkoran, for God's sake, Clary Commissioner Corkoran. My dad loves you, your mom, and I love your dad. I've known them longer than you've been alive. So yeah, they're they're you come from good stock. And that's my way of shouting out to your mom and dad and telling them. Right now, I'm shating forward to the Christmas party, an annual tradition. It's just so much fun. Anyway, moving on, I bring the egg nog too. Back to the one. Oh my god, you know, you can make millions of dollars bottling that and just selling that by itself. That is just crazy. And it's a proprietary recipe. He won't share it even with me, So go ahead, tell me. Let's finish up this discussion on the cab. Yeah, so this is their this is their reserve cabinet. It's all spring Mountain Fruit. It's classic NAPA cab. And for the price point that it's that it sits at is incredible. Uh, you know, comparable wines will be charging you know, well over one hundred and fifty dollars and this is something you can get retail for, you know, in the mid thirties.
Speaker 1: Oh really, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know what all morning, we didn't talk price.
Speaker 14: Yeah, well, all of all of these sit around the same price point, you know, and anywhere. I mean, and I get that, you know roughly, Yeah, yeah, which is it's it's not it's not cheap, but for a bang for your buck. And that's what you also get I find for some of these boutique wineries too. You it's it's it's uh that the price point is much more skewed in the consumer's favor, right, Okay, compare this to a I mentioned farney Ante earlier. Yeah, a comparable bottle of farney Ante Cabernet sauvignon would cost at a at a restaurant, for example, you're talking north of two hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was thinking of retail price.
Speaker 14: But yeah, they're Oakville bottle and you're probably playing three hundred, which is I mean, I get. And that's where I think a lot of people get lost in the white conversation. They see the price point. Now, you don't have to break the bank to enjoy a great bottle, Okay, So I'm glad.
Speaker 4: You brought in what I consider and I think probably my listeners would consider, you know, affordable, even if it's just sort of a rare occasion. You're gonna have an excellent bottle of wine. It's not going to break the bank. And you can buy two of them because usually, you know, you got a nice crew going, you got a really big meal, You're getting my bottles exactly at the dinner table. So let's review Folds of Honor Reserve Napa Valley Cabernet sauvignon. Yep, and that's from the thirteen Stripes Winery. Gee, there's a whole level of patriotism going on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, there's a few things going on.
Speaker 4: We had the Withers Chardonnay from Peters Vineyard, Sonoma Coast. That's a Shardona outstanding. I'm certain it is if I was able to have any. And the boss it's the Grenache and that's uh Chiron Chiron. Yeah, I keep wanting to say chyn but it's Chiron. So if you're interested in at Grenache, and then of course my favorite the Walla Wallaventnors twenty twenty one, Columbia Valley woven Fields red Blend, you will not go wrong buying.
Speaker 14: Well, how wouch is that one? Uh that's uh, let's see retail. We'd be talking load to mid twenties.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't me.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's great stuff, and there's there's sob American. There's Savignon blanc is awesome too, and that's poured by the glass at all the E and O restaurants.
Speaker 1: So fantastic.
Speaker 4: And if you're a restaurant or you're a I guess retail winery, I my friend's up at Bottle or two. You know who to get in touch with Ignition Wines dot com. Keegan Corcoran, you know, I always enjoyed the time we spend together, especially given it's the time of year. It's a perfect time I celebrate and a reminder that, you know, sit down over a beautiful bottle of wine, share with friends, enjoy the fellowship and and excellent recommendations. I wish you best coming up on your Master Somolier exam and.
Speaker 1: You say it was mar April.
Speaker 4: Twe people, and then real quick, the events go back to that real quest.
Speaker 14: I got an event tonight at Village Winn's Glendale, and then I have one coming up times tomorrow at the Country Fresh. December is already crazy, man, I tell you what, I've got a few more coming up as well.
Speaker 4: So I'll see you at the corkor and Christmas party and I'm looking forward to that, folks. I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful weekend. I won't be here. Dan Carroll's covering for me, so I can go over to the Camp Babbury with my buddy lu retired Colonel Bob Katar and shoot fifty caliber BMG's. Oh, it's so much fun doing that. That's gonna be Monday for me, Dan Carroll, Monday for you. I hope you tune in and enjoy Dan covering the program. Joe Streker, God bless you and thank you for all that you do.
Speaker 1: You're a good man.
Speaker 4: And if you're interested in starting a podcast, remember free advertising for Joe. He's the podcast genius. He will help you produce and get the best podcast out there that's possible. Just get in touch with him weekend. Don't forget fifty five KRC dot com for the podcast Speaking of podcasts, Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. Scary stuff this Morning with Day but yes you need to hear about it again. Have a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 1: Good ever changing world.
Speaker 8: There's one constant you can depend on. Fifty five KRC, the talk station at the top end, bottom of the hour