Speaker 1: You like fantasy ball, sense talk chasm that I shall not me hear myself stops fans and they can't even count some of uniforcasom s Rodo.
Speaker 2: You ain't better the health?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, several charges on everyone coming.
Speaker 1: Else and I'm alreadium to hear my baby sounds just like your name was Mark.
Speaker 3: And it's a ride by podcast.
Speaker 4: It's a rapop podcast. It's a rapp podcast.
Speaker 1: It's a ride bo podcast.
Speaker 4: It's a rap up podcast. Don't have a rap up podcast? Got a turn? It should rap bo podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome back. It is the Rasball Fantasy Baseball Podcast. I am beat on, joined by the Fantasy Master Thio.
Speaker 3: Great, alright, how you doing over that? Great?
Speaker 4: Hey man? What's going on? I just I just actually heard that I got traded to Yahoo and then I got DFAD. So so you're back with us?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 3: Is that how that works?
Speaker 4: I honestly don't know how waivers work. I hope so. I mean, I enjoyed my time at Rasball. It was fun. I don't know. I mean, you know, there is some some moments where it could have been better. I guess the head of the company, Great Albright bit of an idiot. I can say that now that I'm free. Oh man, we'll.
Speaker 1: Have We'll have gray Bot to replace Gray's daily articles that he writes starting next season. So tune in the rasball for gray Bot starting twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gray Bot with five percent less terrible puns. So I'm mad, man, I'm mad. Bro, I'm mad, you know, I hate to uh And he's lead the second week in a round. I'm starting off a little bit fired up. I'm a little fired up, but like you know, so, I'm in Los Angeles, so I'm happy the Dodgers got to Reek Scooble, right, Like, it's cool. I mean, I've already I've been to a World See game. Though, I've already gone to a World Series parade. I don't need to go to another one. I'm fine. I've done it. I'm fine. I honestly, I don't have to go again. It's okay. I'm not I'm not selfish. Let someone else have the glory. I'm good with it. So the fact that the Dodgers got to Rescooble, you would think I'd be like, Wow, that's great, but it's really kind of ridiculous. Man, Like what's going on? What's going on with major League Baseball that no one can meet the demand? Like the Dodgers' prospects Are they really that good? I don't think so. It seems to me according to even taking Rasboll out of the equation, according to the MLB prospects, the pipeline there, MLB pipeline, their prospects thing they have, Uh, the guy who went to the Angels for Soriano above the top guy who Hope, the guy the best guy who went to the Tigers for schoobl So it's like, what what are we doing?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: Like? Also the fact that Tarik's Schooble. So I'm out at Uh, I'm not at at dinner on Saturday night because you know, Gray's got a life. Okay, So I'm out a dinner and I get this notification that to Reschooble gets sent to the Dodgers, and I'm like, it's Saturday, man, It's Saturday night. I mean it's not just not just because I'm out, but also I mean, yes, I mean that has something to do with why I was a little annoyed. I was a little annoyed because I was out a dinner. But even even if I was home watching TV doing nothing, watching the pan Am bombing of one oh three or whatever I'm watching on Netflix. Right, even if I'm there on the couch with Ted watching TV, I'd still be a little annoyed if this happened on Saturday night, because like, why not wait until the last minute or at least Monday? Why not wait until to see maybe you could get more? Like, Okay, the Dodgers offered us this, right, they offered us like a thirty year old prospect in River Ryan Brady Smith who no one seems really now and the here Hope, who's the prize of that trade? Okay, fine, all right, so Hope's supposed to be good. But still, let's see you have two more days. Why not at least let it play out a little bit and see if you can get something else instead, like they do they send a treschooble, the actually the prize of MLB trade deadline? Do they send them two days early and not even wait to see if they can get anything better?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: What is why? Like what is going on?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: Like? Why why are they doing it on Saturday? I just don't get it. I really don't, like I don't want to be I don't want to be wearing a tinfoil hat here, right, But it does really seem like MLB wants to do a lockout next year, and the rest of the owners are like, this is good for us. Let's let the Dodgers win again. This is great. I like it. You know, if I'm a billionaire and I own the you know, the Marlins or whatever teams are not going for it as usual. Are the Orioles. We'll get to the Orioles in a bit. But if I'm a billionaire and I see the Dodgers going for a threepeat, I'm like, Okay. First of all, you gotta pay Pat Ryan to even say th repeat, so that's money. I don't I don't wantn't want to deal with those legal replications. And then you have, on top of it all, you have the dog who are gonna go for a three peat. And then all the other teams are gonna be like, see, we need a salary cap. Man. Then we told you, we told you we need a salary cap. Even though it's during Schooble, who could have been treated anywhere, he couldn't he could have went to any team, anyone could have had him instead the Dodgers get them. Really, come on, man, like, don't make me into a conspiracy lunatic please.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Great, So we'll talk to everybody next week. Have fun. That was that was our show. Good stuff?
Speaker 1: No great, I mean it is what it is. It's the Dodgers are the team. They're they're loaded everywhere. I would agree that they you know, it would have felt better if if they had waited till last second to kind of make this trade, and you'd be like, oh, nobody else wanted to add, you know, the best pitcher in baseball to their lineup. Okay, I'm I mean, I guess if that's how it goes, then so be it. But you know, maybe this was the best offer that came in. It makes me a little sick that if you know, a couple of one one like we'll say top twenty five and then one top one hundred ish prospect gets the best pitcher in baseball.
Speaker 3: I'm wondering why there weren't more teams in it. But you never know.
Speaker 1: Maybe Detroit really likes say your hope. I mean, there's plenty of reason to like him. The numbers are obviously outstanding, but it does feel a little late, but trades haven't been like we used to see you six top prospects traded for one guy on a rental for you know, two months. I don't feel like we get that anymore.
Speaker 4: Right, No, no, you're right, But I mean, like Mason Miller got traded for a top ten prospect, you know, other other big names get traded for other like big prospects. I don't know, man, I feel like this is this feels light, and maybe it has a lot to do with the fact that it was Saturday and they didn't even like hold out to see what they could get on like by Monday. But I just don't understand why you wouldn't, like why you wouldn't hold out, Like even if you have a deal on the table from the Dodgers, you then go to every other team and you're like, you really want the Dodgers to get Scooba, I mean, because they're gonna get them. I mean, you know what, I'm just saying, they're gonna get him if you don't like pony up a better prospect. And I feel like they could have been that that deal could have been met like someone else. I mean, I know the Padres don't necessarily have any other prospects because the aj Preller has given away everyone, even though even though somehow they still ended up getting mis and Robbie Ray today, which we'll talk about a little bit. But I mean the fact that you know, there's I don't know, like the Yankees, I mean they they couldn't pony up some guys for schoobl or I don't know, I mean the Red Sox, anyone, any team. And when I say any team, I'm going through my I'm going through my roll decks in my head of all the teams that are actually attempting to win, and it's like four teams. So that is an issue. I will I will admit it's a bit of an issue that you have teams like the Brewers who are, like you know, probably the favorite outside of the Dodgers, which is basically that's basically what the odds now are. It's like the Dodgers are the favorite to win everything. Who else is there? So the who else is there? The Brewers, I mean, I guess they don't want to touch Jesus made, which you know, I mean, I mean fair, But like Scooble and Mesiroski, you put those guys together, and it's like, I mean, I know that the Brewers don't want the Brewers like want to hold on to their prospects, but like Scooble can make I mean Scooble coming in after MESIASKI in a three game playoff to get to the to get to the to get to the four game playoffs. I mean it's like you have, or you have or even like a seven game series you have, like you know, Scooball and Meserrowski going four times total, Like that's huge. I mean, like, don't you want to win? I mean, I know Jesus Jesu's Maid is supposed to be incredible, but it's like I'm ponying up. I'm I'm giving whatever it takes to get Scooble if I know he's on the table, and I feel like no one else, no other teams did that, Like no other teams were like, We're gonna give you whatever it takes to get schoo Ball. I mean, unless unless they're I'm wrong, but I mean, it doesn't it obviously isn't. That wasn't the case because you know they didn't the Tigers didn't get whatever it took. I mean they got they got. I mean, you know, one guy, really, I don't know what rever Ryan. I honestly have a major Also. I mean, this goes back to what I've been saying for years, but I have major questions about any Dodgers prospect because I really think that they're paying off their prospect people. They're paying off prospect writers to make their prospects seem better. I don't. I gotta Actually, I'm gonna I'm gonna do a sting operation and have the itch. I'm gonna get the itch on the phone and We're gonna do a sting operation. I'm gonna pretend like I'm a Dodgers guy. I'm gonna call up Itch and I'm gonna be like, hey, I'm I'm calling here from the Dodgers, and I'm I'm wondering if you could boost up some of our prospects. I give you. I give you a couple of hundred every every prospect writer I think knows the Dodgers the front office in some way. I think I think the front office is paying off people. It's like, come on, man, this is not real. How did the Dodgers get Scooball. It's ridiculous anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think they reverse like inflated andy pies.
Speaker 2: They're like, no, he's terrible, you don't want him, you know, he's he's he's boring, like maybe he's a backup outfielder for us at some point, like then that's what he is, and then like boosted everybody else up and just hiding pies behind all the other all the other guys that they wanted to.
Speaker 4: Train, like man, serious, seriously, like absolute crack pots. I mean it's crazy, I mean it, you know, I mean in fairness though, I mean the Dodgers prospects, like you know, I mean they have, you know, some of them have turned out, like Miguel Fargus looks good this year, finally after like four years of Vargas looks good and the guys the NAT's goot, actually, I don't even know those are Padre guys, don't. I think that's it. I think Vargas is the only guy that's actually worth anyway, scooball going to the Dodgers from a fantasy standpoint, He's good. He's good. That's it, you know. I mean stadium is a little bit worse, but it's not gonna matter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's been better on the road this year. For what it's worth.
Speaker 1: That's not for the career, but for this year he has been I will say I'll just say this up and I've said it before, I do worry when people go from one league to the other. That being said, Triak Schoobles the best picture in baseball. I'm not concerned about him. So congratulations. Also, you know, if if you're out of your leagues and now you're bored of baseball because the Dodgers are set up with maybe the greatest rotation we've ever.
Speaker 3: Seen, then I hope that you're in the rass ball.
Speaker 4: So actually, no, wait before you say that, before you plug that. The Dodgers actually just got They just got better. The Dodgers actually got better while we were on this. We're recording this Monday, right after the trade deadline, and the Dodgers just actually got better. They optioned Sheian to the Miners, So not only did they get Scooble, but they also got rid of Emichian. So you know, I mean, really like a double whammy of positivity there for the Dodgers. Anyway, go ahead, sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, nothing like interrupting the plugging of site products and site events.
Speaker 3: Gray, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yes, so again you know imagine that transitioned wonderfully and then said happy ras Ball eight day. Hopefully you're in those leagues. If not, you know, sign up next year. I feel like if you are signing up and you haven't gotten in, there's something wrong, and message me if it's been a bunch of years, let me know. Also, if you really want to get in one, there will be the podcast league. Well, I guess it may not be a p my league at this point, but I'll run my league, and that's a slow auction on couch managers league hosted by our friends over at fan Tracks with all their great customizations. So as always, if you went into that, I think that league is about half full from people from last season.
Speaker 3: So if you won in that league, let me know.
Speaker 1: And the winner of that league gets their choice of ras boll ras Ball competition, whether that be baseball or football.
Speaker 3: Gray, the Dodgers get to reak school ball.
Speaker 1: I'm praying that I can somehow manage to get him for my you L only team, because it's just getting it's getting destroyed at this point.
Speaker 4: I actually, uh so uh Itch is uh itches, it is chasing me in the ale. Only and I saw today he had to drop to Reek school ball, so I said, I sent the message to him. It was I just I just screenshot uh th reak schoolball. Uh Itch drops to Reek schoolball. I just screenshot that and sent it to like a terrible person. I actually I know. Only I was. I'm trying to figure out how I can get to Reak schoolball. I don't think I'm gonna be ill to though. I think I think I I'm gonna try, Like everyone should ob me.
Speaker 1: No, don't everybody, please don't try. You should just let me have him.
Speaker 4: I have out of out of one hundred dollars, I still have like ninety eight dollars, like because we have zero dollar bids. So it's like, why bother unless, like you know, some people do bother to spend money. But I held on to ninety eight of the hundred, so I think. But I think someone else has one hundred. So I'm like, I'm gonna I'm gonna lose. I think I'm gonna lose Scuba by like a dollar or something. I just feel like it. I know it's gonna happen. Anyway, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the person who hasn't spent any money is I mean, he's in first place Gray, he's leading, he's leading, hitting by like ten points across the board by him everybody, and he's about to get scuball to add to his pitching staff, which was, you know, not good, it was, it was really bad pitching staff. But he's about to askuable because he has one hundred dollars of of fab left, which I can't you know, I'm not I'm not spending all of my FAB, but I can't even imagine not spending it leads a couple of bucks here or there, like you have a one hundred dollars left.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he's in first place. Good for him, hopefully, you know.
Speaker 1: He lost half his roster, like I'm losing half my roster and it'll be a little fairer.
Speaker 4: I almost feel like to actually make this a more of a strategy conversation versus us just talking about Yeah, I think there I think there's actually something to people. Well now it's too late, obviously, we're in August talking about this, but I think there actually might be something to like, if you're if you don't hold your full amount like there's really no point in holding that as much as like I held ninety eight dollars, like I could have spent thirty or forty dollars along the way, Like, there's no point if you're not going to be the top guy or or or woman on the UH with for FAB. If you're not gonna have the most FAB dollars, there's no point in uh in keeping as much as I have. So I don't know, keep keep that in mind.
Speaker 1: I guess, Yeah, obviously, drop full budget on Tree scooble. If you have zero dollar pickups you and if you don't in an only league, spend it, because what are you going to pick up in an only league that's gonna help you more than Tree Schoobluh Layne.
Speaker 4: Thomas, Now.
Speaker 3: He's on my pickups lists. Great, he's on our note slits, But no, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think so while we're with Detroit, we might as well give them a little positive news here.
Speaker 3: Max Clark was called up ninety.
Speaker 1: Games, eleven home runs, one stone bases hit two seventy six, three eighty six, four point thirty four at Triple A.
Speaker 3: He has three games in the majors.
Speaker 1: He's hitting five hundred and fifteen plate appearances with a home run in that in that mix and three walks.
Speaker 3: Max fuck looks pretty good here.
Speaker 4: Gray, Yeah, no, he does. And also the fact that he has a lot of speed. Uh, you know, because speed transfers from one level to the next. Obviously they don't. They don't take away guy's cleats when he gets promoted to the major leagues. So I mean the fact that he has speed, I think he's gonna be worthwhile in uh, in just about every league. I actually I've been on him pretty aggressively in all my uh in all my leagues, twelve team mix leagues and uh and Shallower. I think if you're if you're looking for a guy who could make a difference, uh, there's probably I mean maybe by the Cardinals, uh bias comes up, But I feel like Clark's gonna be even better than him. Yeah, So anyway, I would I would say grab Clark because if he's got you know, right now, he's I think they're batting him like seventh, which is really stupid. So hopefully he moves to the top of the lineup. He makes great contact, he has a little bit of pop, has amazing speed, definitely a difference maker in every league, so I would grab him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the only guys I can think of that might be then maybe we see along the way is Leo Debrees and Jesus Made and that would be like a September call up at best, I think. And that's really about it that I can think of from you know who we would see this year. Like you said, Jess Bias are from U Saint Louis Uh.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 1: It's not Jess, it's Joshua Bias m from Saint Louis Us.
Speaker 3: Obviously he'd be.
Speaker 4: On that list who's made Joshua Bias Yeah, yes.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you. And maybe Walker Jenkins maybe we can see him. So those are those are probably the four guys I would look at. But take you know what, while you have the opportunity to pay at Clark, if you do have that opportunity, why wait for somebody else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's pretty much what I was about to say too, Like if you're if you're like you know at this point, if if these guys could really make a difference on your team, the guy who's up now is going to make the biggest difference, because, like you know, it's not like if you get Joshua Bias or uh Jyeshu's made or any or Jenkins or whoever in September. I mean, you know, at that point it may not matter anyway. Like the difference a guy can make in September. It's like pick up, you know, Eli White, who's hot for versus like, you know, random rookie call up or something. So yeah, I would, I would grab Jack, I would grab Max Clark everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, let's talk about the highest rated person on the never mind, that's that's not where we're going. Great, I had the wrong note here. I am sorry, but we're just going to keep keep going with it. Houston, it's a Dalton Marshaw Toronto gets Spencer arra Getty. This is a veteran's trade, which is usually pretty rare in this situation.
Speaker 3: But any thoughts on this one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I you know, I was actually I was, you know, I was doing the write up for the trade deadline, all the different moves, and I think this was like the only one that really felt like a veteran's trade, like so few. Maybe you know, it depends on how you feel about like Connor Norby or something. But yeah, for the most part, like varsh for Araghetti was like the only real big like you know, veterans move players anyway, that doesn't mean anything, I guess, but you know, it was just curious, curious, he says, well, he scratches his chin. Uh So anyway, So varshow finally feels that Astro's gap in their outfield that they've been struggling to fill for it feels like years since Billy Hatcher. No. So uh and var Show is good. I mean, I actually I wrote a sleeper post about him in the preseason, so I actually I really like var Show. His biggest issue is probably staying healthy. But he's good power speed, doesn't really strike out much. K rate's actually down a considerable amount this year. Uh So, as long as he's healthy, he's good. As for Spencer Raghetty is like, I mean, he's he's fine if he's healthy, and for a streamer in a deeper league, he's fine if he's healthy. But he's not even healthy now, so it's whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it's it's gonna be a little bit weird.
Speaker 1: He was really good at home, and he's kind of always been really good at home and not got good at all on the road, so a lot of pictures are that way. I don't think it necessarily means he's gonna just fall apart and be useless, but it's kind of an interesting thing because Houston's left field's a little interesting. I don't know if that completely translates in Toronto, but I don't I'm not totally concerned with it. Freddy Peralta heading over to Tampa Bay, New York. It's Aiden Smith, Gary Gill and a million petre four nine nine era A one four eight whip. But if there's any team that can fix a picture, it might be Tampa Bay.
Speaker 4: Uh. Yeah, No, Freddie Perlta probably uh in only two months, we'll figure out a way to challenge Cam Schlittler for the al Cy Young because because of what the Rays do to him. I mean, there's the Rays will fix Freddy Peralta that you can guarantee. I Actually, I feel like the it would be a fascinating uh experiment, like uh, you know, like a uh somewhat of a shock maybe to some people, but it would be like, uh, Freddy Peralta gets traded to the Rays and the Mets, all the Mets ask back is there the rays pitching coach. Then see then we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would be fascinating, that would be a big yeah. I don't think, uh, you know, I don't think Freddy Peralta is like uh, I mean, I don't think he's unusable on the rays because the rays are you know, like joke. But the rays do fix people. I mean they made Griffin Jacks look great. So I mean, I don't think he's unusable, but I do. I mean, coming into this year, I had serious problems with Freddy Peralta. I still have a lot of issues, Like his walks are up, his k's are way down, Like it's not just a matter of being unlucky and being on the Mets. I think there's bigger issues. But the rays. I mean, you know, it's like he had he sort of had these issues when he was on the Brewers and he was like a three seven to five ish era guy. So I think Freddy Perolta can get back to three seven five and he's currently at like five, so he can be better. But I don't think he's like, I don't think he's suddenly gonna be an ace. I mean, for two months, anything can happen. But I you know, I think Freddy Parolta brings you know, solid innings, which helps the Rays in for real baseball, and I think he's gonna be, like, you know, maybe at best a number four fantasy starter, where I still I don't think, you know, unless he's completely fixed, which I guess is possible. But I mean he's got real issues under the hood that I really I mean, we joke, but I kind of think I don't know if the Rays can really fix everything that's wrong here. I mean maybe maybe, maybe, maybe I'm wrong, Like, you know, the stuff still looks fine as far as like velocity and stuff, so I mean it's possible, but I mean there he does look pretty bad as of right now going to the Rays, so we'll see. I mean, you know, it'd be quite the feather in the Ray's cap if they are able to fix them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's it would be incredible. And he's it'd be one thing if you're like, oh, he's he's gotten it together over the seats and it's actually getting like Waterson worst by start. You know, if we're just looking at it, it looks it feels like there's a mechanical issue somewhere that maybe the Rays have kind of been scouting and see what they can fix. And there's a little bit of luck here too. I mean, he only has a sixty eight and a half percent left on base. He's a career seventy five percent, is a three thirteen Babbitt, He's career two seventy one. So I'm not saying this all luck driven, because he's just not been as as good as he has before. But there's definitely an element of luck here. So you know, again, maybe just getting to Tampa Bay helps some of that. But I'm with you, it's not like he's going to turn into, you know, top fifteen pitcher Freddie Perrault overnight, Philadelphia gets Luisa Rise and Caleb Killian while the Giants get Ramon Marquez and Marty Gare.
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts here? Killian gonna just fall into the bullpen.
Speaker 1: I don't necessarily think he's going to be in the running for closer at least immediately, And of course their eyes should slot in somewhere near the top of the lineup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, unlike past years when the Phillies would make a deadline trade at least this year they have Duran, so there's no chance Killian gets saved or even is within sneezing distance of the ninth inning. I wouldn't think they. Thankfully the Phillies don't need Caleb Killian. They traded it for a guy who, thankfully they do not need, because Killians has got some issues. I actually, I think the Arise thing is a pretty solid trade for real baseball and for fantasy. I can't, like, I can you know, I guess there's a few guys, but he's like one of those guys that's like, I mean, wherever he goes, it's you're getting Luisa Rise, like you're not. You're getting a better player no matter where he goes. Maybe Fenway, but very but other than that, I can't imagine a Rise ever going anywhere where. It's like shockingly different version of the guy who you who you think you have. It's like, you know, very little power, a little speed, a little, very little, but a little and you know, good average. That's that's a Rise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somehow less speed than Josh Naylor. I'm just gonna say out to everybody, somehow you have less steels than Josh Naylor. Somehow in this world we live.
Speaker 3: In, No, I like a rise.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he sluts in you know, one through five in that lineup, but he should be somewhere at the top.
Speaker 3: And like you said, he's just can he give you what he gives you?
Speaker 1: The biggest difference is probably where he what lineup Spotty sits in in regards to what you get from him.
Speaker 3: Rest of the season, Luis Garcia r.
Speaker 1: Goes to the Yankees, which hurts hurts my NL only team. Thanks thanks again? Uh back going back in the trade Jovanni CRUs Jake Bird, Jack Severt, and Ben Grabil. We'll just group the Yankees in here. They're also getting Helio Ramos and Henry lelan Llane and Caden Kent.
Speaker 4: So Henrylaine, I wonder if he's related to Jack m'laine. Caden Kent is related to Jack Kent. He's uh, he's his son, Okay, not Clark Kent No, not Clark Kent No, and not Kent University either. Uh. Lou got you got you, Louis Garcia Junior, man, I mean, talk about a perfect park for a guy. I can't imagine a better park for Luis Garcia Junior. It's really like, I'm not a Yankee homer by any stretch of the imagination, but that's a that's a perfect situation for him, like going to that park, sitting in the middle of that lineup, and then even like Aaron Judge, you assume he's gonna return at some point, right, I mean he is gonna he is gonna come back, right, I don't know. Maybe, but Aaron Judge comes back, then Luis Garcia Junior could potentially sit in the three hole behind him Aaron Judge being a two hole and Ben Rice moving up to one, or maybe Louis Garcia Junior moves down to clean up Cody Bellinger returns. I mean, there could be he might move from the three hole. He's not He's not gonna move very far. And that's a fantastic spot for him. Like there's I can't imagine a better spot for Louis Garcia Junior. So I'm I mean, I'm a fan of him as it is, but I think like his value has gone, has his values basically as high as it's ever gonna be. Going to Yankee Stadium and and the Yankees lineup really like you know, the nets weren't bad. Don't get me wrong. The That's lineup, that is, their pitching had some issues, but the Net's lineup was really solid actually, But Louis Garcia Junior in a also it will be a solid lineup right now. It's obviously a little iffy without Judge, but it's it's good enough for him considering the park upgrade. So yeah, I mean, I'm an absolute fan of this. Uh Louis Garcia Junior and uh Helio Ramos. I mean, you know, the one thing that really sticks with me with Ramos is like he was the first guy, the first righty to hit a home run into McCovey Cove, which is, you know, obviously for lefties it's a lot easier. For rightys, it's incredibly, incredibly difficult. The fact that he Helio Ramos hit a home run into McCovey Cove shows you the kind of power he has. So I and he's a righty, which the Yankees don't have. The Yankees decided not to have rightys this year. So the fact that Hilio Ramos is a righty, he will sit also somewhere in the middle of that lineup. I'm assuming even when Judge returns, like, you know, you figure Spencer Jones is gonna be bye bye, you know, Trent Grisham hopefully moves out of the leadoff spot when Judge returns. Hilio Ramos stays in like the four or five spot in the lineup, And I like it for him too. I think it's a solid move for Hiliyo Ramos, and you know him even more so than Luis Garcia Junior. I mean, Ramos was really in a terrible lineup in an awful park. So now he's going to a better lineup, not not great, but better and and will continue to get better when jud returns, hopefully knock on wood and a much better park. So yeah, hili Oramos is also I think a pretty decent sized uptick in fantasy value. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's also the possibility that the Yankees, I don't know, demote or maybe just wave Trent Grisham at some point, because how what does he have that allows him to sit at the top of that lineup?
Speaker 3: Gray, Like this.
Speaker 1: Is getting absolutely absurd, Like he is a two to eleven hitter. Yes, he takes a walk, but he's just barely over three hundred on base It's not like he's a three point fifty on bass, four hundred on base like walk type of guy. He's sitting like one eighty in the leadoff spot. Gray, Like, what what does.
Speaker 3: Trent Grisham have on? I don't I don't even know who you needed on at this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think cash Man. I think Cashman's pulling the strings there. I don't think Boone really has anything to say. I I also I feel like Grisham is hopefully I mean again hopefully that he's Grisham's out of the leadoff spot, hopefully once Judge, and once Judge returns, and if not Judge, at least Bellinger Judge M. Bellinger will return at some point. Hopefully Grisham gets pumped out of there. It would be ridiculous. But yeah, I mean, I don't know. I'm not sure right right now because of the lineup been so depleted, I don't even know, Like who do you move up there? Really? I mean I could see Ramos used to hit lead off for the Giants, So I mean I would put Ramos probably lead off, ben Rice second, Louis lu Gaja third, and then maybe Jazz and then maybe Grisham or Caballero. So yeah, I mean I would probably move Grisham out of leadoff spot too, but it's a little bit more iffy without Cody and Judge there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I.
Speaker 1: Would probably just move Grisham off the roster. But that's that's me great. I'm you know, I think outside the box.
Speaker 3: A little bit.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: Moving over to Cleveland, they get Joe Adell, they they give up Jacob Kozart Gray.
Speaker 3: This is Adele still has a year of control.
Speaker 1: I'm man so baffled by what what is happening here at this trade deadline? Like, can you make any sense of of this?
Speaker 4: No? No, the best I have, the best I have in my in my right up. I you know, I say that the Angels just really they they missed having Zach Cozart and they wanted to, you know, they wanted to get a coz Art back. So that's that's all. I really, that's the only reason I can imagine you trade Joe Adell for Jacob Cozart, a guy, by the way, who's completely made up Jacob. I mean, it's like, I feel like you could have been like, oh yeah, Joe Adell got You could have said to the Angels. I'll trade you Joe Adell for beat On.
Speaker 3: We'll take we were finally.
Speaker 4: To learn how to do a podcast.
Speaker 3: I mean we spiked Joe Adell's created long enough. Yeah, we can let him go.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, I mean, I you know, I think Joe Adell was actually one of my top buys for the second half of the season. He was, he was definitely he was definitely struggling a bit this year. But I mean still, I mean, because the Angels incredibly, they promote people when they're like twelve, So Joe Adell is still only twenty seven years old. So I mean, I still think, I still think very highly of Joe Adell. I mean, he's still like a guy who I would be buying in on. Angels Stadium is actually one of the worst stadiums in baseball they hit at, so I mean, I wouldn't say progressive is great, but it's you know, it's got to be better than Angel Stadium. Adele hits the ball incredible hard. He doesn't really have strikeout issues like he had. He makes contact, So I yeah, I still like Joe Adell a lot. I'm not really sure why the Angels got If you're gonna if you're the Angels, you're gonna get rid of anyone. It's like there's guys on that FROs turn to get rid of. Joe Adell was not the guy, but you know they did it. So I mean, the the lineup isn't that much better for Joe Adell. It's better, definitely better because the Angels were really bad. But yeah, I mean it's a little bit better, Parks a little bit better. But I think it's really a matter of whether or not Joe Adell being great. It's gonna be It's gonna matter of whether or not, like you know, everything's clicking for Joe Adell, and I don't think any environment really is gonna matter. Maybe, you know, maybe the Guardians are a smart organization. Maybe they can help him when it comes to like you know, he goes is into a slump or something, maybe they can help him with that, where the Angels I think are completely rudderless. So yeah, I mean, maybe this is a good place for Joe Adell beyond like you know, the Tangibles. But I I do I like Jo Adell in general. I think he's probably he's still he's still a bie in my mind. I like I like that he's you know anything, any whenever you get out of Anaheim as a person who's been you, if you can get out Anaheim, it's a positive.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean I'm surprised they didn't trade zach Netto for like a yo yo and a ball in a cup with a string attached.
Speaker 4: So you know, it is it is what it is, good for, good for The absolutely nutty thing is well, we haven't talked about yet, but I mean the Angels I think got a decent return for Jose Siriano, Like, I mean, the Jay's even tried. They probably they probably could have gotten a lot cheaper anyway. Uh yeah, Joe Dell's decent. The Guardians also got who Nate Nate Lowe not not Nate low Nate Lowe, Uh Nate Lowe is. Actually it's sad to say that this is uh, this was supposed to be Josh Bell. I mean, that's that's really the random first baseman who goes to a new team and sucks. That's Josh Bell's music. Man. You got you gotta let Josh Bell go with that. Uh So yeah, I mean Nate Lowe is, I mean, he's fine for what he is. He's gonna be he'll be uh, you know, he's gonna be a platoon guy. Uh occasionally out out for I guess Manzardo. He'll be I mean in for in for Manzardo, or he'll be in for Chase the latter maybe. I mean, I don't know. He's he'll get he'll get some of bad, but he's a platoon guy, so it's you know, he's fine. I wouldn't I wouldn't, you know, break the bank in an AL only league to get Nate Low. I mean, if you really are struggling, I mean, you know AL only or NL only or tough leagues to find guys off of waivers. So if you're really struggling, I mean I would bid on Nate Low in an AL only if I really need a corner man. But I wouldn't expect much with this move. I don't think he's gonna get that many at bats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, since you brought that up grade, let's let's run back real quick. Let's I meant to ask you on each guy you know. Let's start with Freddy Peralta. He moves you know to the AL What are you spending on him in an AL only.
Speaker 4: Uh Freddy Parolta would probably be out of a hundred. I mean, it's all this is depending on how badly you need a guy, Like if you really need a pitcher, but Freddy Perolta al only assume one hundred dollars, I mean, i'd probably go to like, i'd probably go to twenty one, between seventeen and twenty one probably if I are you just doing this because we're in an AL only an NL lay together, just are you trying to get my bids out of me? Yeah, I would say seventeen to twenty one for Freddy Peralta. But it's really dependent on how much you need a guy, And that's out of one hundred. If you only have, say sixty, you gotta you know, you gotta pro rate that back a little bit. You can't like it, I mean, you know. But it's also like it's a matter of whether or not you have zero dollar bids. If you have zero dollar bids, then you can bid a little bit more. And also if you're like, you know, if you're an AL only an NL only and you're like at the trade deadline, this is really the last time you're gonna be able to get guys like it's not like other guys are really coming into the league necessarily, like outside of like rookie call ups, and those guys are probably rostered. So yeah, seventeen to twenty one for Freddy Parolta, I'll say roughly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fine with me.
Speaker 1: I would say I would even go up to thirty if you're sitting on one hundred and you're just kind of like spreading the money around. Obviously, if there's something you need, specifically drop your money on what you need.
Speaker 3: But let's move on to.
Speaker 1: Luis Garcia Junior. He's the next one who traded, and we can move size. We can also add Ilio Ramos into that evaluation.
Speaker 4: Uh, Louis Garcia Junior, I would probably break the bank. I mean you have to assume, like unlike Freddy Peralta, who's a you know, a pitcher, so you only have nine spots. I mean you probably need a picture and in a al only but if you but you definitely could use a utility guy, I mean Louis Garcia juniors at worse, a utility guy in a lineup for any team al only. Wise, I'd probably go to I mean, I think you break the bank really like It depends on, you know, kind of how how much you need to spread money around. Like if you need Freddy Perlta and Louis Garcia Junior, then you have to sort of balance it. But I'd probably go to like eighty eighty seven out of one hundred for Louis Garcia Junior. I mean, I just I would put it all down. Really, I mean, that's that he would be the guy, right, I mean, because I don't think anyone else really moved to the AL that's gonna be better than that.
Speaker 3: No, there's nobody better.
Speaker 1: There is a lot more movement to the Alan the NL. So you know, I think it's kind of if you want Freddy Perlter, you want Louis Garcia Junior, you drop all of your money and hope that you get them. I think the other way to go about it is, you know, you can make those beds and see if you get those guys. But then maybe you spread that, you know, say, again you have one hundred, maybe it's forty dollars, thirty dollars, ten, ten, ten on some of the other guys and kind of round out your roster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, totally, no, I agree. I'm also kind of annoyed that the deadlines on Monday, because all these leagues are like weekly leagues, so you're losing an extra week of these guys, you know, because these you're not gonna be like get them in your lineup for this week and then Helio Ramos, I'd probably go to like sixty something sixty seven ish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you should regularly start and let you be a solid lineup at least once it's healthy.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I have no problem, no problem spending up there either.
Speaker 1: Great, let's go ahead and move on to Tampa Bay where they get Liam Hicks. Seattle gets Brady Taylor, Jacob Christine and Santana Liam Hicks.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's he's.
Speaker 1: Great, and I think I put their team down wrong, but that's okay. It's definitely my I was reading it and I'm like, you put the wrong name in here.
Speaker 3: It's okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I actually I feel like this is like, I mean, I don't know if it's like confirmation biased because I just assume the Rays are gonna make the smartest moves in the league, and it's just me just assuming that. So that's why I look at this as like such a great move. But I feel like this is the best move pound for pound, of any that anyone made throughout the whole deadline, Like for what the Rays need, Liam Hicks is a great contact hitter. The Rays love guys who make contact. They had a hole at catcher, like Liam Hicks should be on the Yankees, Like I don't know what the Yankees are doing, like they're the Yankees are asleep at the wheel to not get Liam Hicks, Like he's really good and he's also like you know, I mean, yeah, I mean, I don't know, man, I don't think he's necessarily like you know, I don't think he's amazing for fantasy necessarily, and I don't think like his value has like skyrocketed with his move. But I think, pound for pound, I feel like this might be the best move that any team made, you know, I mean, Scooble's a great move. Obviously it's Treik Scooble, but for like what a team can spend and what they actually got, it feels like a really good move. So yeah, I like it for real baseball, for fantasy, it feels like whatever. I mean, you know, I think he is what he is. I think he's solid. I think he'll be fine on the Rays a little bit better, probably a little bit better lineup, and the park's probably about neutral of a change.
Speaker 3: You know, I think I think we.
Speaker 1: Need to see who Liam Hicks agent is, because he clearly has some good contract negotiating skills that he can never be traded.
Speaker 4: To a state.
Speaker 3: He's gonna have pay in compacts in he just doesn't.
Speaker 4: He doesn't go there, Gray because there like we uh and this week we have our sponsor H and R Block. Yeah, no, you're right, Yeah, it's that's a good point.
Speaker 3: No, no taxes never, never for Liam Hicks.
Speaker 1: I'm actually shocked by I mean, when be even trade Liam Hicks Like that feels weird, like he's a cost controlled petcher who's useful.
Speaker 3: Like it feels like a really weird, weird trade.
Speaker 4: But trade though it doesn't make sense, right, I.
Speaker 3: Really don't understand.
Speaker 4: I don't either. I don't understand some of these Some of these trades are like why why did you do that? I don't I don't get it. But I think it's a great trade for the Rays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, next trade, Gray Seattle gets Taylor Ward sends back Alex hop Harrison kraling In brock More I really want to say, alex oh Hop, But that's that's for later on the show.
Speaker 5: That's that's too bad that the Angels didn't get Alex Hop, just like the uniform guy could have just putt masking tape over the ow, like.
Speaker 4: Oh there you go, man, You're you're good. Oh yeah. Taylor Ward is like, I mean, he's he's really struggled to find power this year. I I kind of feel like it's probably a situation of an injury or something like, I feel like there's something going on there injury wise. I could like his power is so dramatically down, his heart hit is down, his fly balls are down. I don't know, maybe you know, there's maybe it's a swing adjustment thing. I don't know. The launch angle's down, but it's still over fifteen. His power shouldn't be this far down, and his power's not gonna be helped by going to Seattle. So I don't think this is necessarily a great move for Taylor Ward. I don't think. I don't think it's like it's the end of his value completely. Like, I don't think he's become unusable in mixed leagues. Probably a bit of a struggle for a twelve team mix league, if he's now like hitting at the bottom or towards the bottom of the Mariner's lineup, the stadium's terrible. The bottom of the Mariner's lineup isn't great. So I mean, in a twelve team mix league, this might have put a little bit of a kabash on Taylor Ward's fantasy value. But for the most part, he's probably the same player as he was for you know, for the first four months of the season, which is like, you know, very very light pop, not really much speed, and struggling a bit on average. You know, he was really his value was really coming from runs, and those are kind of I think those are going to be out the window. I mean, you know, as of the recording of this, we don't know how the new lineup is going to shake out. But I wouldn't be surprised if he's hitting towards the bottom of the Mariners lineup. So yeah, it may not be great for him, and he hasn't been good anyway, so yeah, I don't know. In a twelve team mix league, I could see looking elsewhere. In a fifteen team you're kind of stuck, I think, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would agree with that. I mean in twelve team, maybe somebody shoot on him. But I really don't think every team needs to be owning Taylor Ward. He's he's been terrible and really like he's just not swinging the bad hard like he's a He's at less than three percent fast swing rate.
Speaker 4: Gray.
Speaker 3: He was seven point two last year, eight point four the year before. So either I think he has hit a huge age wall or he's hurt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's injured. I think it sounds injury wise, Yeah, it sounds injury related. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I agreed over to the White Sox, who added just a bunch of people. They got Luis Castillo. They also got Jose or Keaty from Pittsburgh, Uascar Braza band from the Mets, uh, and then they also got Joey Park Gray. There's a bunch of pieces going back across. I think the only real interesting ones for us would be what happened in the Louis Castillo trade. They sent back sar Anthony Domingez, Nolan Jones, and Boston Smith, and I u's interesting to us very loosely when I talk about those three players.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I mean if I was Boston Smith, I would be like sar Ay Domingez and Nolan Jones. You guys go ahead of me. I don't whatever you guys have. I don't want I want to be separate from you. Man. I don't want to catch what you guys got. Oh man, Nolan Jones, Wow, Nolan Jones and uh. I think actually the White Sox also got Breton Doyle, didn't they? I think they did?
Speaker 3: Oh, yes they did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the White Sox got Breton Doyle and uh, Seattle got Nolan Jones. I mean the Rockies are just out there like they're just like sprinkling garbage around the league. They're just like, here you go, here's here's Victor vonnik Man. Here that take that guy.
Speaker 1: Bro I'm gonna ruin a bunch of really talented players by putting them in weird altitudes for their whole career and then shipping them out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, the Rockies. Rockies are doing their own little experiment. I think Luis Castillia is totally broke. I would not go anywhere near him on the White Sox. You know, his k's are way down, he's got an over five array. I would I would stay away. Joey Bart is not not interesting to me outside of Ale only, he should he actually might be the White Sox starting catcher because of the injury to Kyle Teel. So I mean that still doesn't it still doesn't make Joey Bart really interesting. But I mean he for al only. You do what you have to do. So I could see Joey Bart in an ale only but outside of that, I don't want him. I don't want any of these guys really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's that's a fair fair statement there. Let's move on.
Speaker 1: Sampeio gets Marcelo Mayor, Boston gets Eric Miller.
Speaker 4: I mean Marcelo Mayor, I feel like, so he brings up some feelings in me because I'm like, so are people lying? Because I feel like there is a moment where it was like the Red Sox are like, oh no, he's He's found. He's a foundation piece, man, He's I gotta we gotta build around Marcelo Mayor, him and Rom and Anthony. We're building around those guys. Like what, how do you just drop Marcelo Mayor for Eric Miller? What? How does that happen? How do you trade him for Eric Miller? When you're like saying, what a like a future piece he's gonna be for like the future of your franchise. I don't get it, man, Marcelo Mayors, that's a confusing one to me. For fantasy, he's he's been injured for a while. Uh, he's not. He's not playing, so it's irrelevant for now. I would ignore him even and now only may I don't know, drop a dollar for him to see if he comes back this year. But I don't even know if he's coming back. I think he's more for the Giants, like looking ahead to the future, which you know, and we'll see on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Again, it does not make sense to me.
Speaker 1: It's all great feels like giving up on a young like you said, top prospect for them very very quickly. Robbie Ray moves to San Diego. They can't do nothing obviously. Also the Padres Casey Mize engaged workmen. How do you have anybody left in the miners to move and make anything happen.
Speaker 4: Actually, a J Preller sent Fernando Tatis junior Junior's rights, Robbie whatever. Whatever kids the the current players have, that's those guys will eventually they'll be after they're born. We'll see you know, Yeah, you know, I like Robbie Ray to a certain extent. I mean, the Giants Park is a good park, so it's not like going to Peco is going to help him like that tremendously, But it's you know, Robbie Ray always manages to be better for like the statue you need, then he has any right to be Like right now, he's got a three point zero eight ERA. He's really not that good this year, but he's still able to, you know, have the decent ratio of the decent era. So I mean that could change, obviously, I mean, regression could happen because the underlying stats aren't great. But he's you know, he goes out, he gives you six plus innings and usually keeps teams in the game, so I mean he's fine. I don't think his value changes though with this move.
Speaker 3: All right, And what about Casey Mice, Oh.
Speaker 4: Casey Mice, I like to a lot. I think this is actually I kind of like both of these moves by the Padres for them for real baseball. But I don't think like k America again is like a good park, so I mean pet Go is a good park too, so but Casey Miz actually I mean, he looks super legit under the surface. I think I think we could actually be seeing Casey Mies a bit of a breakout here. I like him a lot. I think, you know, I think he could potentially be a solid number two like his His numbers look good. It's just a matter of him staying on the field, being healthy. But I do I like Casey Mice a lot. I think this is a good move for him as well, you know, and the fact they gave up Manny Machado junior junior. Yeah, we'll see in twenty forty, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, classic classic loose for I mean Preller deals being made over there in San Diego. Laye Thomas and Bailey Falter go over to Atlanta Royals Gay Lucas Braun and Carter Houlton.
Speaker 3: Layane Thomas just slots in the outfield for for Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And knowing Atlanta, he's gonna become an all star. I mean, he's probably gonna be He's probably gonna be fantastic. I you know, I think he'll It depends on like what you Strempsky, I guess if I guess if he platoons with your Strempsky, his value is takes a little bit of a hit. Casey my is. Actually I think Casey Miz outside Treek Scooble was obviously the biggest name to go to the NL. I think Casey Mies was probably the second biggest, right I believe, or Gousman, maybe Gasman or Mize.
Speaker 3: I guess, yeah, we're talking name. It's probably Gasman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think, uh, yeah, I mean I like both of I like both, uh uh, Casey Mize and Galasman. But for n now only, I'd probably have Casey Mies above Gosman if I were doing my my bidding, I think you probably can get Casey Mice for a little bit cheaper than Kausman, who we haven't talked about yet. But yeah, Lane Thomas's platoon with Stremsky. We can move on to Gasman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Uh, let's move on. Then let's talk about Gasman. He goes to the Cubs along with Braxton Garrett. Uh, going back to nothing.
Speaker 3: We really have to worry about for this year, so we'll leave that for a different time. Let's talk about the starters on the cups before moved to the bullpen.
Speaker 4: Here. Uh, I would say, you know, I would say, Gossman, He's another one where I think his uh, I think he's probably a bit underrated as far as like because his uh, his ear ray looks a little bit of wonky this year, but he's actually pitching pretty well. I mean, I think it's you know, maybe a little bit off from like he was, I say, probably a three and a half earra guy coming into this year. I probably put him more at like a three seven, but he's still I mean, that's still solid, and his era is over it's at four point thirty eight. So I mean, I think Gossman is probably a little bit underrated, even though like he's well known. Uh So it's surprising to say he's underrated, but I think he probably is because his e ray is a little bit inflated. So I would say I like Goussman. I mean, you know, I like myes as well, though I would put I would go for Miz above Gousman. Obviously, I think this for NL only. I mean, uh, but I would, honestly I'd go for you. I would take either of them, you know, push came the shove, I would you know, I'd probably just drop as much as I felt like I needed, say over over sixty probably on either of them, because you know, there's not gonna be guys coming into the league that good the rest of the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I agree, spend what you need to right now.
Speaker 1: Anybody, anything that happens from here on out is just going to be you know, a random call up here or there, and like you said, any truly meaningful call up will probably be owned in any any good holy league. So spend your money while you can't hear. Grab Casey miz if he's available.
Speaker 3: He's he's been this season, and like you said, this could be the startup of his breakout over in Chicago. I have to back to Chicago. I have to talk about this for a second. Gray and another. You know, obviously the Cubs have to make a completely questionable trade.
Speaker 1: That I hate because it wouldn't be it wouldn't be a Cubs fandom if it didn't happen. But Moist spell Steros are number one prospect, a top ten prospect last season at this time, Gray gets traded for Ryan Zephyr John.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was actually that was the other one from the I mean, the the Adele trade is definitely questionable, But I have to say this Zephyr John trade by the Angels. Really isn't that bad?
Speaker 3: I mean, no, they did a good job here. That's I don't know, that's terrible.
Speaker 4: I don't know why the Cubs did this.
Speaker 3: I hate this so so much great. I can't even begin to fathom.
Speaker 1: Like, if he went to any other team, I'd be really really worried he's begin gonna become like a Preennial All Star, borderline Hall of Famer. But the fact that he went to the Angels, I'm just gonna feel bad about it for everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel funny myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and and for Moyses because he's not gonna be good now because he's gonna be on the Angels. Unfortunately, he ruined his own career. Poor guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All he can say is, you know, follow the Adele path, go to Driveline, don't don't go to the Angels.
Speaker 3: Don't follow the Angels, don't.
Speaker 4: I wonder how good is uh? Is Maguire any good? Mark's kid?
Speaker 3: I don't know? Actually?
Speaker 4: Okay, Also, the Cub's got Clay Homes, not a not a league switch. But I think that's you know, I mean, Meco City Field is a solid place to pitch, so the fact that he leaves there could take a little bit of a hit. I think Clay Holmes is, you know, a vet. He knows his way around well enough where he could He's probably gonna be fine with the move. I think he's also, uh, you know, riglarly if the wind's blowing in. I mean, it's a great place to play, a great place to pitch too. So it's not like it's a you know, it's not like it's a the end of the world for Clay Holmes. He still has to get healthy, obviously, but I don't think he's that far away from getting back out there in the majors. So yeah, I like, I mean, I think the Cubs did pretty good. To be honest, Zephyr John thing is obviously questionable, but Galsman and Clay Holmes are solid additions.
Speaker 3: I mean, what's what's the number one prospect for a career three ninety four? You're a one two seven reliever. I mean, why, you know, it's not It's fine, it's no big deal.
Speaker 1: It's not like I'm just gonna angrily chew my lipoff as we communicate this next one. I looked up Mason Guire's numbers. He's he's not good, so Bill concerns there. But yes, if boy says Bostaios becomes Hall of Famer, I will I will hate myself great, not actually myself. I'll hate the Combs organization as I as I pretty much do already. I love trading for a bunch of injured players and trading way top prospects.
Speaker 3: It's it's really fun.
Speaker 1: We've talked about it already a little bit. It's been brought up Toronto Andtsea Soriato. Any any thoughts here, Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, you know, it's like I think the the Angels are, pound for pound, the pretty terrible uh develop and teams. I mean they they they're bad at developing, like I said with Joe Adell, So I think the fact that Sriana leaves there, maybe they can maybe they can sort something out as far as his command goes, because like Soriano's really like his last sort of the last final boss for him to beat is the command. If he can get his command in order, he looks like he could be you know, he looks like he could be really solid. So I kind of I like this move for the Jays, Like moving forward. I think they're you know, he could be good for them. He's also under control too, for like I think a year or two. So yeah, I mean it's a solid move for the Jays, and Soriano's value could get better. I mean the park, I mean the division in the park. It's like sriana wasn't a good park, so I'm not gonna say like the park gets better, but I think he I think he could be better just to get out of Anaheim, So I mean, I think also, but I also feel like just neutrally, Soriano is not as good as he's been this year, so it could be a bit of a push. It could be like, you know, he he regresses a little bit just because that's just who he is, and he also gets better because of the Jays, and it just ends up being a bit of a push and he ends up with like, you know, a three point sixty array type guy with a nine plus k per nine, which is good. I don't mind. O was a Siriano and I think I think this could be a good move for him, but it's it's hard. It's hard to say because his big issue is command, so it's a matter of how quickly he can fix that, or how quickly the Jays can fix him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, I will say.
Speaker 1: You know, they've they've had a couple of fishing prospects been okay come up even though most of the rotation is like sixty five years old at this point. So maybe they can find something in his delivery that that just cleans it up, or or just you know, how he approaches the batters. I feel like it's really just he gets behind more than he's necessarily completely lost on control out there. It's not he's not a command picture by any means, but it doesn't look like it's he's lost.
Speaker 3: Like he was when he first came up.
Speaker 1: So it could just be like a an attack kind of mental approach that he needs to get ahead early.
Speaker 4: Wait till the Jays find out like the Jays did this move and Josh Smith they got Josh Smith too, and like, wait till the Jays find out that there's not gonna be a twenty twenty seventh season. They're gonna be like, oh man, we got all these we got all these guys for next year.
Speaker 3: Why did someone tell us, Hey, anything can happen in the A L grade. I mean everybody except for the Royals, A's and Angels are still in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's fair.
Speaker 3: Boston who is still in it?
Speaker 1: Uh? They get Atlee Rushman and Jake Rogers and as well as Eli Waite.
Speaker 3: Who was a member of my ely team.
Speaker 4: Bitch this So this is a fun This is really frustrating for me because I really feel like the the O's, well, Adelaie Rushman isn't necessarily like the most exciting name for fantasy. I know, I know he's not. I don't. I don't like him for fantasy necessarily, but for real baseball. The fact that the uh, the O's just gave up him, Like I I don't get this move at all, man. I mean, the O's are like in the perennials sort of like the O's are basically like, oh, we're in year fifteen of our rebuild. Like, guys, like enough of the rebuilder, y, Like this rebuild ain't happening, man, it's not happening you. It's like, what are you doing? Why are you You're tearing down a rebuild that you're in the middle of, Like you all you had to do was add pitching. They could have added Gousman. They could have added who else they could add a school ball? I mean, anyone could add schoolball, Like they could have added Freddy Baralta. They could have at least tried. The Oreos are like two and a half games out of a playoff spot as of the recording of this, and they just decided to tear it all down and start again. Like how many times are they gonna start again? It just doesn't make any sense, man, I this, These Oreos are really frustrating me today. I don't get it. I don't understand it at all. It just makes euro sense.
Speaker 2: Why.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know they have Bisello and you know, like Adelaie rushman Is, you know, catchers, so they could fix they could they could have went with Bassello as catcher and Adelaide becomes uh, you know, uh tradable then. But it's like you, I mean, you could have just put Besello at d H and Adelaie a catcher and and got a pitcher, get Jose Soriano, Like what are you doing? It's like, oh man, they've they've needed pitching. The Oreos have needed pitching for literally five years. They keep going like hey, yeah, man, we we you know, we got uh we got Trevor Rodgers. You know, we had uh, Chris Bassett pretty good, right, I mean Chris Bassett's good. No, man, I don't know. Man, the Oreos really are frustrating anyway, Adelaie Rushman. So he goes to the Red Sox, which is you know, I mean, I don't love him in general, but it's a good move for him because of Fenway and you know, of the Green Monster. He's a bit of a you know, he could his average goes up, say, fifteen twenty points in that stadium. He's a he's gonna be a seventeen homer to seventy hitter in Fenway, which is fine. I mean, it's good. So yeah, I don't I don't hate him. I just think he's probably a little bit overrated as far as fantasy goes. But yeah, I mean he's a you know, a solid enough hitter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's fine. There's nothing wrong with him.
Speaker 4: It's fun.
Speaker 1: You're getting with Ao only and he was already in Ale at least there's nothing really to do. It is weird that they're rebuilding. They're kind of silly in like, uh, you know, night me move, as I like to think of it. You know, night Me makes a lot of plans for for next day me and the next day me. He does not ever fall through with those plans, like, you know, waking up at five am to go to the gym.
Speaker 3: That me thinks that's a great idea. Morning me does not.
Speaker 1: They're constantly in knight Me mode because they're just making plans and never never go in with them.
Speaker 4: Over there, Namey is still thinking Kobe Mayo is gonna pan out. Needs to move off of Kobe Mayo. Man, you're terrible. You're a terrible drafting team. Man, you can't up. Needs to figure out what the hell Dylan Beaver's is doing. This's that.
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: I mean if needs to figure out Coulton Kowser, Like, what are you guys doing? Bro? It's awful, It's terrible.
Speaker 3: If we ship them and them all to Tampa Bay, would they immediately be good?
Speaker 1: Gray?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm just saying, yeah, you know they would. Actually Kobe Mayo would just become like you would become like a lefty, only he would only hit lefties. That It would be like it would be like, uh, you know, he would he would he would probably get like two hundred and fifty at bats a year, and he'd be good those two hundred and fifty at bats, and it would be totally frustrating for fantasy because you'd be like, no, he should get he should get every day at bats. And then you're like, well, actually, now no, we remember what that looks like.
Speaker 3: That's okay, U what is what is daily daily?
Speaker 2: Him in?
Speaker 1: And now yeah, let's let's betis up grade a few guys. Let's talk about Milwaukee does a little bit of action. They get Dustin May, they get Jojo Romero, and then in a separate deal, they get Antonio sends a telea anything here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, you know, Milwaukee fixes guys. So Dustin May is probably gonna be uh, he's probably gonna become the uh he's gonna be like he'll be a runner up to Mizerowski for NL. I yeah, I mean I don't think Dustin May is I mean, you know, like I mean we joke about the Brewers fixing guys. I mean Dustin May is kind of broke. I mean he's not he's not doing great. I mean he's like, I don't know, he seems like he needs a lot of fixing. So we'll see. I would probably say, a streamer still at best for most mixed leagues. Uh, you know, and now only you do what you gotta do. But he's already rostered in NL only, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if this doesn't work out, the only place left that he can go is is Tampa Bay, greg because he's already been with the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: He's already been Boston and Saint Louis. These are all teams that have resurrected pitchers.
Speaker 1: Like if he can't get it going and he you know, this time around, it may like Tim Bay maybe the last resort. But yeah, not a whole lot here in regards to what happens in those bullpens.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to bring those up. Since we're going through all.
Speaker 1: The trades, Uh, I guess in uh, in full transparency of the trade, we have to talk. Victor Vondnick did get traded, tra we have to you know obviously. So yeah, Jeff often gets traded. Victor Vondick goes for another failed prospect in Connor Norby all fun deals here done a trade deadline day, Tyler Maley goes to Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Any thoughts on this one?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: No, I mean, you know, Maley Tyler. Uh, Malee was in uh probably the best one of the best parks in baseball, and he was a five plus era guy. So I mean, the Braves just create guys out of nowhere. So uh, you know, Martin Perez shouldn't be as good as he is and you see what's going on there. So I won't I won't count out Maley, but I would not be interested in the mixed league. Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mainley only likes bounty ball years. Gray, That's that's the only time he can pitch. Put him in these these non bouncy ball years. For some reason, the Earra just spikes on him. Dean Kramer goes to Minnesota. You already mentioned Jeff Hoffen. Uh nothing nothing.
Speaker 3: Really here, right, No, no, nothing, nothing nothing.
Speaker 1: Now Brooks really goes to the Braves. James Ataie on to the Blue Jays. Uh, he got dfad and then traded for money. A j mintor goes to Minnesota. You know, he may get a random saved just because it's Minnesota. But that's that's about it.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, Yeah, maybe I wouldn't. I wouldn't be picking him up and even only but yeah, he could get a random save.
Speaker 3: I'm sure yeah, I actually don't mind picking him up.
Speaker 1: If you just if nothing on wire looks good, you get a random save and Anji Mincher is always good, So I don't mind that as a you know, I don't have anybody else in an only league play, but that's probably what it is. The Dodgers get Chris Bubick, then a bunch of catchers got traded. Logan ho Hop goes to the Rangers, Bo Naylor goes to Milwaukee, and Ben brough bet goes to the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Not a whole lot there, uh, And also Hunter Fiducia went to the Dodgers. One of the biggest moves of the day. I actually I saw Dalton Rushing just went to the AL so yeah, I think that. Yeah, then the Dodgers. The Dodgers went out and got some defensive specialists because they they yeah, they're waiting on Will Smith and Russians at the Rushing is on the IL. So yeah. But Bubic, Chris Bubick is like another one that's like what I mean anyone could have. I mean, he's he's injured, so you know, the Dodgers probably just won him, like in as a sixth inning guy in like the playoffs, which is nuts. But that's basically all the Dodgers need Chris bubicch to be. But I mean, you know, like any team could have had I mean, he's a great arm. Like it's like, you know, obviously it's an injured arm, but I mean any team could have had him. Well anyway, Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talked about a lot of the closer stuff after we were going through the show. Great, the last one to bring up here is Luke Weaver. He's setting off to Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh also gets Kirby Yates. So how do you see that bullpin shaking out? Is it now Luke Weaver's job?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I think so. Actually I was really you know, and we we started on a down now with scooball ruining uh baseball with the Dodgers, But you know, this is actually this feels like a good positive upbeat ending because like I really I like that the Pirates got someone. I mean, we're not gonna do anything really in the playoffs, but it's nice to see the Pirates actually try. I mean, you know, it's uh, it's it's positive. It's a positive thing. Good for the Pirates going out and getting Luke Weaver. He's not he's not gonna answer all the problems. I mean, Ryan O'Hearn is out for two months. There's other issues now with the Pirates. Uh, Paul Skiing's no longer pitch as well. That's a that's a problem. But Luke Weaver, good for the Pirates going out and getting someone. I I appreciate it. I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Yes, good for them.
Speaker 1: They did something, even if it's you know, just tell the fans they did something. They did do something, grant good for them. You have the you have any way or wire bats for the people.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, so many, so many Okay, so mentioned him earlier. Spencer Jones has been hot. Has been playing Yankees outfielder Eduardo Valenzia catcher for the Tigers. He's actually been hot and he's also dhing, so that's always good when you get a catcher who can d h. Claybor Torres has been hot, hitting at the top of the Tigers lineup, which I think is kind of nuts when you have Max Clark up, but you know what, whatever, Griffin Conine has been hitting, Jack Peterson hitting well hot, Kyle Manzarto, Cole Young Seattle second basement very been very hot hitting at the top of the Mariners lineup as well. Tyrone Taylor, who I we didn't really mention him, but he got traded. He actually has been hot as well. I don't we'll see what his playing time right is like in his new team. Uh. Willie Cashtro is hot, but you know it's kind of like when the Rockies are home, then he's good. If the Rockies are away, then he's not. So you know, if the Rockies are home, Willie Castro anyway, Uh, ty Franz has been hot going on like a month. I think he's been hot for a while. Mike Yastremsky mentioned him earlier with Lane Thomas Yawshremsky has been hot. Lawrence Butler has been hot.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know that's also the A's playing in bing Bong, so there's that.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Andrew benin Tendi has been hot. And finally John Rave, the Royals outfielder who's was called up recently. He's been hot and he's on my ale only first place team. Let's go.
Speaker 3: Congratulations.
Speaker 1: Great like those names you're throwing out there streamers, Jake Bennett versus the a's David Peterson versus Toronto.
Speaker 3: Shane Rowan.
Speaker 1: I don't know actually he's gonna get the start or not, but it would be versus Pittsburgh, I believe, or versus Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Brady Singer has been really good lately.
Speaker 1: Actually he's versus the A's at home and then at Washington, Christian Scott at Cleveland, god Zach.
Speaker 3: Thornton at Pittsburgh. And then it's getting a little it gets a little little.
Speaker 4: Rough round here.
Speaker 3: But I'll throw a few more names out if you're looking deeper. Anthony Kay versus Cleveland, Brandon Young versus the Angels.
Speaker 1: You always throw anybody versus the Angels, Colinraad at Kansas City.
Speaker 3: And that's about as good as I can do.
Speaker 1: Gray, I don't, I don't really want to recommend a lot more than that, Oh, Hobby or Sad at Kansas City isn't isn't the worst idea. But this is a This is a dangerous time of year here in August to be starting. It's the hottest days, and uh, you know, a lot of teams are pushing for the playoff push we need to get to you know, we needed to like half the teams eliminated, like the old days where you know everybody's just kind of cashing it in.
Speaker 3: For the next year, we get some some good easy streamers in.
Speaker 1: If you have any specific questions still, you can find us on x I Am at rasbeat on grays at Rasball. You can find us on YouTube dot com slash rasball Fantasy. Also check out the football side on YouTube if you're over there. If you have any other questions, you can also kind of find us on the comments section.
Speaker 3: In rasball dot com.
Speaker 1: May your allow us be perfect, May you start chasing down those points and I will talk to you next week.
Speaker 3: See you great lads.