Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by the guests of Sasquatch Experience do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the host, sponsors, or affiliates of the Sasquatch Experience. As always, listener discretion is advised.
Speaker 2: We got someone or something crawling around out here?
Speaker 3: Does a legend walk among us working in the forests of our world?
Speaker 4: Did you see what it was?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: Did a person or an animal? Or I can't go. Oh, I know it's that my thunder light came on and I heard happened to glen and see this thing running across the yard A good fight man or something works like a man.
Speaker 6: I don't know what it was.
Speaker 3: For over fifteen years, we've talked with scientists, researchers, investigators, and witnesses trying to gain insight and truth around the existence how this mysterious.
Speaker 2: Entity Jesus quite cal Hello, get somebody out of here.
Speaker 5: What's going to announce there?
Speaker 2: That's got a mention about six ft nine? I don't know, easy announced there? Yeah, I'm working right ry Oh, okay, hand on her yarn? Yeah, got you're big?
Speaker 1: Okay, what's he doing in your yard?
Speaker 2: We're gonna bring you.
Speaker 3: Join us as we continue into the investigation of the Sasquatch Experience.
Speaker 4: And good evening, every Welcome to the Sasquatch Experience for Monday, February seventeen, two thy twenty five. This is the crossover you've all been waiting for. Probably next from Doctor Who in Star Trek, you've got Squatch Detective and the Fork Shop with our friends here tonight for a very exciting episode because Steve and I happened to be two of the most senior podcasters on Bigfoot on the planet. Steve, how the hell are you doing, my friend?
Speaker 7: We're doing wonderful, marvelous as I like to say, look out for that.
Speaker 4: Just go buy my own microphone trying to take me out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, it's amazing, you know.
Speaker 7: And how many years we've been doing this that we haven't been injured having on the job podcasting injury, although I did have a podcast once where a meteor did explode overhead and that was called audio.
Speaker 4: Well, we did have one related injury I remember, and that was the Henry May spilling noodles on his cry Yes, oh yeah, that was a We used that sound bite forever. Let's know. We also used to have the annual Ramen Noodle Awards, because it literally sounded like a YETI screaming in the we'll have to fight. I think, Yeah, I think Steve has it. I think occasionally from time to time he plays it. But what a hell of a time we had back in the early days, back in blog talk radio. None of us on that platform anymore, but here we are still making it, still going. And Steve, I guess you know, for folks who aren't familiar with you, Steve, you've you've got a background in private investigating loss prevention, with evidence analysis and forensics. You've done just about every type of investigating you can think of. You've used that to build your framework for the investigating you do into cryptozoological and paranormal phenomena. You just don't do bigfoot. You branch across the whole spectrum. But you and I have You know, we became a quainted and became friends over the sasquatch mystery.
Speaker 8: Sure, and yeah, the paranormal thing.
Speaker 7: I was in it from about twenty ten till about twenty nineteen.
Speaker 8: I've kind of stepped back from that a little bit now.
Speaker 7: You know, a lot of boohoo weird stuff too, weird for me, and the.
Speaker 8: I mean weird, I mean weird physically.
Speaker 7: You know, in my tenure of doing that, I got a lot of physical ailments that were Bell's palsy and hives and boils and really.
Speaker 4: All the biblical legs. Huh.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you know that's the associated dangerous with that, with that, yeah, right, it's these things do happen. I know this isn't a paranormal podcast per se, but you know, that was one of the fears I've always had going into doing those type of research, as Steve is, the you know, potential attachment or the physical you know, ramifications of doing that investigating and folks, rather you believe it or not, you know, Steve will tell you that these things, you know, sometimes it's more than a coincidence.
Speaker 7: Well yeah, I mean I to get hives, I mean I didn't have hives since I was a little kid. To get boils that even my doctor says, I just don't understand it. And then I and then you know, another year, I go to him, I have Belt's palsy. I had Belt's palsy for a few weeks and he says, I can't explain why this happened. Yeah, yeah, so it's just and it was always right after certain investigations.
Speaker 4: Right, and when you do as much public presenting as you do, you know, Bell's palsy is no picnic.
Speaker 8: No no.
Speaker 7: But luckily I caught it within like when it for the onset it first happened. Because my first fear was is that I was having a mini.
Speaker 4: Struggle, right, very symbiatic.
Speaker 7: But when I got to the er, the doctor explained to me and showed me how to tell the difference.
Speaker 8: And it had to do with the eyebrows.
Speaker 7: If you can move your eyebrow, like your one eyebrow on the side that's not moving because my eyebrows, my eye wouldn't move, and or my eye lids wouldn't move. So he's, you know, automatically, they put you on anti viral stuff, he says, because we caught it early. Should clear up in nine days and you'll be fine. No permanent effects. The people who get the permanent affection, the people who don't treat it for way too long, gotcha.
Speaker 4: Or have botox in their eyebrows. I guess then you're screwed. Hey, Henry, thanks for popping in the night. Henry may, folks, Henry, Henry must be having some difficult there is we got a little bit of signal back Welcome the planet Earth, Henry.
Speaker 8: I was having some difficulties, Steve. Oh Henry.
Speaker 4: So Steve, Steve and I started talking last week. I mean, Steve and I talked rand throughout the year, but we started talking last week because he's got a new book coming out. He's got four books previous to this, and if you want him to start getting into your you go to Squatchdetective dot com. I'm sure he's got links to buy his books on there. But you got fifty large The Real Story of the Georgia Bigfoot Body Hoax, What would Sasquatch Do? The Sasquatch Playbook, The Psychology of Bigfoot, and the brand new book coming out, Bigfoot, A Scientific Examination. So Steve's got quite the writing credentials behind him now writing his fifth book, which, folks, it could probably be six or seven books if you'd have broken up a little bit. But this new one's atone and we're excited to talk about it tonight, Steve, so let's dive right into it. What the hell prompted you to write this one?
Speaker 7: Well, the funny thing is the last book I wrote, The Psychology of Bigfoot, was really my antithesis of the Bigfoot witness very you know, everything is in science and references and citations and trying to put it all together on what you know, what makes a real bigfoot witness seem credible, what makes a phony bigfoot witness sound not so credible, and how to kind.
Speaker 8: Of tell the difference.
Speaker 7: And then we talk about other things like PTSD and and why we don't get good photographs and pictures.
Speaker 8: Well, I decided to start.
Speaker 7: Doing a scientific paper on the psychology of bigfoot witnesses. And when I got done with it, I was like, you know, I should do this on all the great questions and my philosophies and the reason why you know, when people say, you know, well can bigfoot use in for sound? Well can it? Let's do the research on it, let's look it up, let's take some sources, and before you know it, in the book, I have forty nine separate scientific papers broken up into three separate categories, with an introductory scientific paper and an epilogue scientific paper which it'd be very quite. The introductory one is basically making a case for a bigfoots as or creating a scientific profile of the Bigfoot, and at the very end is all the evidence that supports Bigfoot being a real creature.
Speaker 4: Nice, I was trying to pull the paper up here, I had it saved into my can I ask a question, You can ask all you want to, Buddy.
Speaker 5: So you've been gathering evidence of witnesses for.
Speaker 4: How many years?
Speaker 8: Since nineteen ninety eight?
Speaker 4: Okay, so this might work.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure have you noticed that at the physical representation of witnesses idea of what Bigfoot has has evolved to what is shown on multimedia and movies and things like that. Like lately, I've noticed a lot of the Bigfoot esque hype. Things all look like Harry from Harry and the Hendersons, But before that movie came out, they had a different look.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like how all the grays kind.
Speaker 5: Of look like the given alien from like Paul or the given alien from another movie or Close Encounters of the Third Kind, but originally they looked slightly different.
Speaker 4: Do you see that evolution too?
Speaker 7: No, and actuality. In New York, the Bigfoot are actually described as quite lanky. As a matter of fact, one witness I talked to last year or I'm sorry the year before last said it looked like almost like a hippie.
Speaker 8: He goes, it just was.
Speaker 7: Like kind of, you know, very longish, shaggy, you know, grayish hair. It wasn't even a brown or a reddish brown or a black they put it was kind of grayish.
Speaker 8: So I have not seen that most of that.
Speaker 7: Most of the time, we don't see that robust, hairy Harry and the Henderson's type big foot. Here in New York, we always see the lanky, which which to me kind of supports that people are all seeing the same type of creature because of the description.
Speaker 4: Well thank you, because I get a lot.
Speaker 6: I mean, me and Shawn go to a lot of these places and people come up with the stories, and I've just noticed that the narrative or what the story looks like, Like my friend Snuffy makes some really cool bigfoots.
Speaker 4: They all have that look.
Speaker 5: But he's doing it as an artist and that's what he's using it from interpreting from not just Harry, but.
Speaker 4: You know whatever.
Speaker 5: But I noticed that a lot of the people when they start explaining bigfoot, and me and Foker and Matt have had this conversation multiple times.
Speaker 4: We teach people how to fake sightings. We teach people how. We don't mean to, but we have the conversation. People listen and then they fake something, you know what I mean. But I want to know if you were catching any of that.
Speaker 7: Well, well, throughout history, you know, we you know, as you know creatures of habit, we tend to describe things like we know them. You go back to the eighteen hundreds, everybody called them wild men, right, you know, but they would describe essentially the same thing, large footprints covered in reddish brown hair or brownish hair.
Speaker 8: I've heard them described it.
Speaker 7: I've seen newspaper reports from the eighteen hundred describing them as bear men. And then you know, somebody said there was you know, gorillas loose in the woods.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 7: So as we got to know the known creatures, people kind of associated what they look like with them.
Speaker 9: I'm just going to say this, I really have to to interrupt here. So Steve, you mentioned about a witness stating that it looked like a hippie and these guys here. Now, my mom had an encounter, you know, back in the nineteen eighties, and she doesn't know anything about you know, but she described it as like a long stringy hair, you know, like rock type person. You know, she didn't use the term hippie, but she used the term, you know, like you know, somebody you'd see walking down the road with the long, greasy hair, And that's exactly. But she said it was a monster. It had a nape like face. But as soon as you said that, I was like, wow, that hit the nail on the head.
Speaker 4: We do have a question here from Scott the chat. Scott asked, picking up from Baker's line of thought, do you feel though that there are enough stories out there now that people could create a credible sounding report without a personal experience.
Speaker 7: Well, one of the things I try to do is educate people, because yeah, people can create credible sounding stories, but they fall apart upon questioning, and a lot of times.
Speaker 8: Even the stories break apart.
Speaker 7: And I'll give you a great example from the famous case, the bigfoot peeper case, where the guy had filmed this thing in the window originally this is before and he had the pictures. You know, he's saying he sat there and filmed it for seven minutes.
Speaker 8: Then his wife came in and screamed. So then.
Speaker 7: I put my camera down and I got my gun. Well, why why would you film it for eight minutes? And then because your wide screams, you feel the need to get your gun. You know, if what I've tried to do is try to take it from a like a criminal psychology type of work, look at the the pre offense behavior, of the offense behavior, and the post offense behavior, and if none of it makes sense, and that obviously didn't make sense, is like, wait a minute, you're filming for seven minutes and your wife walks, and you didn't say anything to your wife, Hey, honey, look out the window, and then when she screams, then you then you decide to put your camera down and get your None of it makes sense.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So a lot of the stories.
Speaker 7: That come out that come out, and there was a recent one I just did on my show and I don't have the details enough of my head to paraphrase it too well. But again, the story did not It broke down because it did not make natural order sense or psychological sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, And I think you know, the frame of thought that you're on is spot on people's behaviors often a lot more telling than what they're actually saying right, and I think, you know, I think you're one of the people to teach me that a long time ago. But it's the things that aren't said that are the giveaways. And to your point, and that one, you know, I don't know how many people if you have other folks around you see something so extraordinary, you're not going to call somebody and say, hey, someone else, get a set of eyes on this, What the hell is this? And in that particular instance, you know, the wife comes in the room and screams, you know, probably didn't happen, You're right, more likely didn't happen that way. I just have my seat in my mind Steve going after that guy like George Anderson does with the guy in the bike. Do you know what I'm talking about? Like, Yeah, what you really did is got scared and ship your pants and you know, fell off your bike. He didn't touch it, you know, and it was all It's all downhill from there. But when you go through. I finally got the book pulled up here again. I thought I had it saved in my files, but it doesn't like that. And folks, I'm not kidding here when I say it's comper hints of the table of contents, though we were saying right before we came up, if you're somebody that's going to use this as a reference book, somebody that's going to use it to help them along. Steve has this framed out very well because it's broken up in sections biological, psychological, social science, and case studies furthering the research. I mean, it's all there, and I haven't made it all the way through the book yet. It's almost the size of Sasquatch Games among us. Steve, you might have the next book here to go up on the shelf next to it, But there are some very important topics that he touches on in here, and guys, there are topics that we've touched in the past, but one are the interesting ones. I want to talk to you about, Steve, camouflage, because you know we hear all the time. Is it become a woo thing or a situation where this thing kind of looks like the predator the Shimmerman scenario going on out there, But how Bigfoot just disappears or how it reappears. What's your thoughts on that. We don't have to go into the whole giveaway because we are trying to sell a book here for you. But you know, some interesting topics that I think we didn't talk about. This is well of them.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, it's kind of funny. I covered this in a couple of different ways. In one particular way in the new book, I cover it more of the animal world type of nature is that you know, there's lots of you know, creatures that adapt, including jimpanzees, gorillas, orangutans. They have natural camouflage. They blend just like a deer. A deer blends toe into the forest. You hear a lot of times people see a deer cross the road. As soon as it goes into the forest, you look as you're driving by, you don't see it. It didn't cloak, it didn't jump into a portal, it didn't shape shift, it didn't it didn't turn into the predator. It just naturally blends and with the fauna. Now, if you add a little bit of the psychology element of that, now you're seeing something and your mind is stuttering a little bit to figure out what am I looking at? And by the time you're looking it's gone and you've completely lost your kind of bearing on it. So there's a lot of normal reasons why Bigfoot disappears.
Speaker 8: Into the woods.
Speaker 7: It's not because its shape shifts or it's translucent or any of that. There's a lot of stuff that that you know, obviously our metabolism or primate metabolism is not high enough to do those sorts of things. That's you know, is basically claimed by the WU factor.
Speaker 4: Well we sorry, go ahead, Jis.
Speaker 5: We had this actually same discussion multiple times. Was So, I'm digging a hole for my golf course, my mini.
Speaker 4: Put and I'm putting in one of those plast liners and I'm digging. I got a pick axe, I'm digging everything.
Speaker 5: There's a deer behind me, maybe as close as the.
Speaker 4: The behind me is from where I am.
Speaker 5: He's been there fifteen minutes that I can think of. There's a deer across the thing. They both see me the whole time, but I didn't recognize they were there until the one deer decided to make enough noise that I heard him. And I think that's what people don't realize. Also is is because we're walking into their territory, they're aware we exist, and then we acknowledge their existence, but by then they already have.
Speaker 4: Oh, Hey, Bob's over there, Steve's over there.
Speaker 5: I'm watching him, but I also know my exit planned if Steve notices me, and.
Speaker 4: I don't want to interact anymore.
Speaker 5: Where you're just like, oh, you're here, and then they're gone, and you're like, oh, it's got to be It's not magic.
Speaker 8: They've planned that whole interaction right now.
Speaker 7: Now, just picture that being a primate doing that, not an ungulate.
Speaker 8: How much more smarter is that going to be?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 4: And one of the things I appreciate about again going into the book is in each one of these sections, each one of these papers, you do have it chimpanzees, gorillas, right, You have known animal behaviors and no animal characteristics as a reference point in there. So you do a lot of the homework for the people that are reading this book, which is, you know, the purpose of you actually are writing a scientific paper people like you, you know, give a damn about and want to learn something from. Particularly, the camouflage is important because I think you touch in there too on you know, the type of hair, hair coloration it you know, the coloration being important because of how easily it can blend into the environment, the natural environment Banker, you're talking about deer. You know that deer is the perfect color to blend into the area around it. Why would a bigfoot be any different in that respect? Bears are that way, other animals that reside in the wilderness are that way. But now think about it, what was the was it the now I'm losing my train of thought here, But there was an animal whose hair is designed pretty much to kind of take on that characteristics or you know, reflect that coloration, and you know, make it maybe it's a bear right that, you know, make it even more susceptible than you in No, you're right, because I think it was you that brought brought it up to me bakery and got me the zoo books when I was good, and that's where he ended his uh his education. You make you make a perfect point?
Speaker 5: Is The thing with the deer is, though, is like I was.
Speaker 4: In their habitat.
Speaker 5: I was making all kinds of noise, so they knew where I was exactly, and I had no clue they were stalking at me. If it would have been a bear or something huger than wanted to kill me, I's done because I haven't noticed.
Speaker 4: Until they come at me. But just like most people that have an encounter with a big foot, you're just doing everyday things. You're not doing anything out of the ordinary. I was just watching this one of these last episodes, I think was Skyline Sasquatch. They were talking to Mike Lucci and we were talking to Mike on the video, and Mike's like, you know, when I looked at all these reports, at least over sixteen percent of these reports were driving encounters, people seeing these things as they're driving. You know, when most folks, unless you're us and you're out there with the express purpose of trying to look for bigfoot, aren't out there trying to find bigfoot. They're just doing their normal, everyday thing. And I think when they stumble upon a bigfoot, I really believe it was because the bigfoot made a mistake.
Speaker 7: Now, you know what, I don't think that's necessarily true. I think the bigfoot's just going about is a lot of times, like you have the roadside crossings and stuff like that, that's just a.
Speaker 8: Bigfoot doing their things.
Speaker 4: That's normal thing, right.
Speaker 8: I don't think they made a mistake.
Speaker 7: I think it's just a complete happenstance, Like because a lot of times the Bigfoot looks just as surprised as.
Speaker 4: We do in most situations. And I could see to that point. I think what I'm talking about is some of these more like obscure in the woods type sightings. Maybe not so much the roadside one, Steve, because I think you might have a point there. But these things are seen accidentally, and that would be the hence it's surprise too, like Wow, I can't believe my slip yap and screwed up. But then there's these reports, you know, these things stepping out of portals and these things. And I just had an interview earlier today and the host was really pressing on some of the more paranormal aspects of this, and fairly he had a lot of, you know, interesting questions like how do we know it's not true because we can't, Steve, you make this point in your book, like it's not I'll let you make your point again.
Speaker 7: Well, the biggest thing about adding the paranormal aspect to this is something called anthropomorphism.
Speaker 10: Right, we tend to assign human thought processes, human behaviors, and human.
Speaker 7: Motives to animals that are not humans. We cannot even do that with chimpanzees. And I just finished up another book, What would Sasquatch Do Too, which is coming out in April. Again, very much like this book, except for it's a little less. It's not written like a scientific paper or sorry, a series of papers. It goes in different chapters. It discusses the behaviors of that, and I discuss anthropomorphism in that as well, and we can very easily assign, you know, and admittedly there were some primatologists that originally had anthropomorphosized some chimpanzee behaviors and then they realized who we were wrong, It was actually the and why they were doing this was because of this like you always hear that thing, Well, if you kill this asquatch, if there's a dead body, you better look out because they're going to be coming back for revenge. Revenge is as a human motive, right right, that's anthropot morph as an animals in wildlife, including chimpanzees, don't have this revenge motive.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna get I'm gonna get even with this guy. They just don't have that.
Speaker 4: Steve, we have another question from Scott. Scott asked do you feel that as we have become more civilized, our ability to see animals or be aware of creatures in nature has decreased. By being able to see deer bigfoot in their natural habitat, have we distracted ourselves to the point, Steve, that we can't even notice them when they are around?
Speaker 7: It depends again. It's I'll give you a great example. We are attuned to our environment, all right. You ask somebody that grew up on the streets of New York City. They can stand on the street corner if somebody shady comes walking around the corner, they're gonna know it in a heartbeat.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 7: If you grew up in the woods or the forest, you're gonna know when something is a mess. So it doesn't have to do with necessarily our intelligence or losing something. It just happens to where our natural habitat is. The forest is no longer our habitat. It's it's the urban jungles that are our habitats now, right.
Speaker 4: Fair enough, folks were at that time of the mid show, We're gonna take our break, folks. You're listening to the Sasquatch Experience showing Forker, James Baker, Matt Arner, Henry May with our guest tonight, Steve Coles Vince Nesbit is out for the evening, but he did leave us with this nice little ditty, so we'll catch on the flip side, folks, stay tuned.
Speaker 9: New Steam A symbol.
Speaker 8: I want a dog. You guys have dogs? You got dog? Hell?
Speaker 11: Yeah, man, you're right under my nose this whole time. You got two dogs. One of them is husky and ones an Australian shepherd. What is it a lab? And Okay, I wasn't close at all, but you have an energy that's like you know what? Sure, that's what I got?
Speaker 8: Man? Ah.
Speaker 1: Yes, fur babies. You know our friends, the far Georgio's they lost a fur baby family member, and all of us here at the Sasquatch Experience want to extend our condolences to Eric and Carrie far Georgio. Iggy was a good pup. And on that note, happy Monday night to you all. As the cold wind and snow blows, but out of Ohio there was an Ohio hunter could not believe his eyes when he ascended his tree stand and spotted what appeared to be bigfoot bounding across a field. Witness Andrew Bonn reported the possible sasquatch sighting, which occurred on the afternoon of December twenty eighth near the community of Mansfield, Ohio. He reported this to the BFROO late last month. While appreciating the expanse of view provided by a newly installed tree stand, the hunter recalled he suddenly caught sight of something unusual off in the distance. Quote it was a bigfoot, Bond marveled or a very big person, fast moving across a wide open field. The peculiar biped creature he observed took fast, big steps, not running, but still covering ground faster than someone should. It seemed very odd, Bonn explained, and explained excuse me that he noticed the mysterious figure because it was dark in color, which caused it to stand out from the wheat field it was crossing.
Speaker 8: Quote.
Speaker 1: I was looking for deer and saw this thing, the hunter wrote, and I almost freaked out. I would have freaked out. Bond subsequently descended the tree stand to allow his stepfather a chance to see the creature, but it had vanished into the woods before he could catch a glimpse of it. A follow up investigation by Matt Moneymaker found the sighting report to be credible, the Sasquatch researcher specified and pointed to Bond's observation of the creature moving with brisk strides rather than full out run as an indication that the figure could very well have been a baked for it when we come back. Ow. Fuck, see what I did there.
Speaker 8: You're listening to the big football hunt right here on the Sasquatch Experience.
Speaker 1: It's not Dockers, It's god Knockers. Hey. Have you been to the squatch field site on the interweb that has it all? Introducing Godknockers dot Org. Stop on buy for an intriguing story of the encounter that started it all. But wait, there's more. Got Knockers offer some fabulous merchandise like T shirts, hoodies, onesies for the baby, plus a stunning array of jewelry and some fantastic sauces that will make your taste buds dance. But the coolest of all is a genuine God Knockers tree. Stop on by and say hi to the folks of gott Knockers, Gwendolyn and Michael Purcell. Get in on the action and just visit got knockers dot Org again. Got Knockers dot o rg. It's the twenty twenty five Fuk Monster Festival celebrating the Falk Monster and the legend of Boggy Creek, brought to you by our friend Craig Woolheater, April twenty fifth from seven pm through April twenty six to eight pm of twenty twenty five. The location for this event is to zero one East Redcut Road in Foalk, Arkansas. There are confirmed speakers which a follows Chester Moore, Todd Nise, Daniel, Allen Jones, Mitchell Whittington and Jeff Stewart. Thanks again for listening to this edition of the big Foot Bullhorn right here on the Sasquatch Experience. And as Steve calls, Allie says, after slapping a big foot in the face with a white glove, until we meet again, keep you in.
Speaker 4: The Vance nesbit, folks, I challenge you to a duel, sir, you big Harry, Big Harry bastard and folks, just to clarify, that's got knockers dot Org, got knockers dot orgy. I like to throw that out there because Vance always kind of you never know what Vance is gonna throw out there with that. But Willie wish Vance was here with us tonight, Thoughie he had some very important things to take care of, more important than us, but we do appreciate him setting along this week's big Foot bull Horn and again the falc Arkansas Monster Conference. Go check that out, Steve, have you been down to one of those yet?
Speaker 7: I spoke at the twenty I think I spoke that was the twentieth. Yeah, the twenty anniversary Texas Bigfoot Conference.
Speaker 4: You had to look at one of his posters in the water. I did, Steve and I even before we came on air tonight. We forget which conferences we've gone to because we've gone to so many, and that's one of the downsides to knowing each other for so long, but being around you have to remember it. Once upon a time there weren't so many conferences. Now there's almost a different one a weekend, which is not necessarily a bad thing, because you know, we want this to be a you know, a lucrative experience. Oouch, damn it again, a lucrative experience for everybody. But it's just a lot.
Speaker 8: Is that Mike spring loaded?
Speaker 4: I don't know what you know. I switched boom Arms tonight because it the old one just wasn't cutting it. But every time I turn around, I smacked myself in the face of the boom. Here comes the boom. That's gonna be the new tagline for the show, Big Thanks. Anyhow, back to the important thing Steve called. So we were before we went on break. We were talking about camouflage and had some good discussion around that. But a couple more topics that I think we have to go into Steve is you know, you have an interesting piece on vocalizations in there, and vocalizations are interesting, right, And I like how you break it down and you give associated primates with the type of calls they're known for and what they mean. And when we were on another show, you and myself and Eric Altman, we were on Billy Willard Show Sasquatch Watch Radio. We were talking about communication and I think you and I are pretty much aligned here on on communicating and I think it does kind of relevate to the intelligence that they hold.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, I mean they are are intelligent.
Speaker 7: They may not have as an extensive communications set as we do. They don't write things, right, you know that that is a whole other level. They're not seen, you know, I know there's a lot of people that think, oh, well, they speak like a language such as this or that. But if you compare them, you know, if you compare that again anthropomorphism sting into that theory as well. But the other thing is, we don't see them using fire, we don't see them using complicated tools. You know, if they're going to actually have an advanced language such as US, one would think or you know, some people say, oh, it sounds like a native American language or whatever.
Speaker 8: You know, if they were to have.
Speaker 7: A language, you would think they would be a little more far along the evolutionary chain, using fire, using a little more complicated tools, they would be in the next step of evolution.
Speaker 8: But they're not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with that. And the different types of primates and the different types of vocalizations that they use. You've what have you noticed in similarities between sasquatch and known primates.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, from what the biggest thing I've noticed is the hoots, the whoops, the whoops and the hoots.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 7: Myself and I was out a couple of years ago in my research area, one where I've had two sightings my own self amongst other people over the years It's where the Ford m cast came from.
Speaker 8: It's, you know, where my primary research area.
Speaker 7: A couple of years ago I was out there with with Mike Lucci and Alex Pettakov and a filmmaker by the name of Eric Swanson, and Eric had his recorders going thank goodness, and I am in the camp and Alex and Mike and Eric are on the roadside and I start, I start, I whistle a couple of times and I go, come on, fellas, I've been coming up there for twenty years. You know who I am. Come on, just make yourself known. And you know, within two and a half minutes we get a whoop call and it was recorded by Eric and it was clear as day. So they do respond. And again that's ante morph advising a little bit on my end by speaking English to them, but I figured they know my voice. They hear me for the last twenty years of going to this research area, and in twenty ten through twenty thirteen, they were very responsive when they would hear me. I would always come there. I've always came there and announced myself. And very similar to the way Jane Goodall did it with the chimps and the way Dianne Fosse did it with the gorillas. Is you got to make yourself known. If you keep making yourself known and they realize you're not a threat, then they're liable to kind of warm up to you a little bit.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 4: Well, it's kind of no different than cats or dogs. Right. They may not understand a lick of our English, but they sure do understand our tone, they understand our intent. Right, And while it's not we don't anthropomorphosize them, we do kind of in a way where we give the more attributes that they understand a lot more than they actually do, right, And I think think it's healthy to try to, you know, project some of that. I several times going on a.
Speaker 7: Really interesting note, Sean, this is something dogs that do that chimpanzees cannot, and that is do you know dogs are born with the ability to look where we point in their DNA. Interesting, They puppies will do it. You start pointing at a puppy and the puppy will look. But they've tried it with wolves, they've tried it with foxes, and they've tried it with chimpanzees and none of them do that.
Speaker 4: And it's just probably from domestication through DNA. It's a DNA, right, Well, you know we've often talked about that kind of response. You know, we have a embedded response to certain situations. Right, it's almost like a learned behavior that's been you know, a DNA passed through. Right, Why would that be any different from dogs? And we've been domesticating them for thousands of years, so, like, it's not new. I think that's fascinating though I didn't know that until it said that.
Speaker 8: That's why you're like, but again, though, you know.
Speaker 4: That's not projected, that's proven, right.
Speaker 8: That's evolution. It's just how they evolved.
Speaker 4: Matt Henry Bank, any questions for Steve Here in the vocalizations category, you're muted, Matt, almost unmuted.
Speaker 8: There you go, there you go.
Speaker 9: No, I was just gonna say the whole thing with the pointing thing. I know my dog every time I point, she doesn't look that way. Yeah, she's she just does her own thing.
Speaker 8: What kind of dog.
Speaker 9: It's a pug, just like oh yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah. If I had food there, maybe she would she would do that. But uh so you go into the differ different type of vocalizations through prime eates what was besides the whoop? What other vocalization do you think is key for Sasquatch.
Speaker 7: I think the biggest one is not so much the scream because they're from a distance. The vocals I like to hear are the ones that are closer by the whoops and probably a grunt or two.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 7: I caught a one, believe it or not, on my recorder back in twenty ten. And what we did is I left a recorder going in the camp and we left the camp to go walking. And within a half hour of that recorder being there, something you could hear something walking up to You can hear leaf litter movement, and you just shar this. So the grunt thing is very you know, that's more of a to me. It's more of a curiosity thing to them, you know. But the whoop, their whoops, the reason why they're so important is that is their way of checking in, you know, and if they're gonna whoop, but yeah, they're just checking in, and that means you're looking at a more friendly encounter, you know.
Speaker 8: And in my in my research area, we.
Speaker 7: Had and I'm going to give away a little secret, I have a bonus in what would sasquatch do coming out. It's a series of pictures where we actually got a profile of what we believe is one of the creatures. We got an eve shine as it's walking by us, just one eye, just one eye, and you actually have a series of two pictures. We heard it and I had a flash camera. This goes back to twenty I think twelve. But as they get to know you, we would constantly have this movement in towards our camp. We would go out, they would move back, and then we would go back to camp, and then they would come back in and this would go on all night long, you know. And there would be times we had walk down the roadway and we would be parallel, parallel, we'd hear something walking on both sides of the road with us. To the point where I came back and I sent my son and his buddy down.
Speaker 8: I go to a walk down. Let me know what.
Speaker 7: They came back and something was following us on both sides of the road, Like uh huh. So you get this case, and that was the whole goal at that time. We were really building that interaction. But over the years, something terrible happened was called the pandemic and what happened is everybody went to the woods, and for the last couple of years it's been really quiet there, but then all of a.
Speaker 8: Sudden it's starting to pick up a little bit again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, that's a good point though, the increased activity of folks going into the wilderness because it's the only place you could go. You know, I had to have stirred up, you know, and pushed them away or pushed them further into these spots that they do go to. It made a big difference, I think, or Matt and I because we live in such we research in such a remote area. I think we were lucky, Steve, just because population density there weren't a lot more people going to these areas. You know, we're not the areas we search aren't really a state park in a park, but it's not an area people go. There's no attraction to go there outside of hunting season. Would you agree with that, Matt, Like, there's nothing really driving folks there.
Speaker 9: Arbitrarily, Yeah, I mean this area here, it's so remote and it has the area where we're at, we're right next to the largest roadless area in Pennsylvania. So really the only people that come up there are you know, fisherman hunters and you know people camping and backpacking. And when people backpack, they're just staying on the trail. They're not going off trail. They're not going into the into the deep hollows that you know I've been exploring. And but the problem is is that there's so many of them up there that it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Speaker 4: Oh good god. Well you can get lost, Steve, just by driving the back roads if you didn't have an expert like Matt uh Take. We have to get you up here or down here to our area. You know, Steve's to the north of us. We have to get him out to the area. We just had Alex and Mike Lucci there last year, and they've been coming out with us because it's an area of high interest. I think, Yeah, we'd like to see you get out.
Speaker 7: You got you guys got to come up to the Adiron to accident fall time, yea, and come up to my research area because it's always there's always something that goes on, you know, not always.
Speaker 4: But we we have to. We have to. I'm a I'm a big fan of squatching. When the weather's a little cooler. I'm getting a little older and a little fatter, so don't exactly enjoy the humidity if you catch the drift.
Speaker 8: And that's the other thing too.
Speaker 7: In that particular part where I'm at, the peak season seems to be August, September, October, November and dies out, you know, through mid December.
Speaker 4: Right now, Why do you think that is? Do you think the activity dies down, Steve and they go to areas where it's a little bit more temperate, or do you think it's because there's not a lot of people out there to report it?
Speaker 8: Well, the reason why I think, I mean, I'm not sure the reason why they go to that particular area in the first place. But if you look at.
Speaker 7: The dynamics of the area, you have the you know, Whitehall, New York, which is the Bigfoot capital of New York, right and it's nestled in between the eastern side of the Adirondack State Park and the Green Mountain National Forest.
Speaker 8: Now in the Adirondacks.
Speaker 7: In the fall time, by the winter time, all the trees in that part of the Adirondacks, which is maple birch oak, they all lose their leaves so there's no cover, but the Green Mountain National Forest is you know, deciduous fir trees and evergreen. So I think what happens is we think we've noticed there's a movement in the springtime into the Adirondacks, and in the fall time it's back to the Green Mountains, or right by December, I should say, it's back to the Green Mountains. And what's in the crossairs Whitehall, New York, which is why they have so many sightings.
Speaker 4: Right, it's Matt. You were kind of on this last episode of Skyline Sasquatch. Yeah, the Adirondack Bigfoot Files. You kind were talking about that yourself, but you know about the the transversing of the Appalachian Trail, but also the you know, I don't want to call it migration because it's really not migration but movement Sasquatch movement. Ye, which, by the way, folks, if they haven't, they got to check that out.
Speaker 7: It's actually it's actually a seasonal migration, and it is you know what it is common amongst primates. We did it as Aboriginal Native Americans. You know, they had their summer homes and their winter homes too, So right, it's it's the beautiful thing about primate behavior. It's constant amongst.
Speaker 8: All of the great apes.
Speaker 4: Ye, more info for you folks. That's why we like to have people like Steve on the show to help educate some of the dumb ones like us, Henry, what do you got see? You're popping there? Brother, he's muted. No, hold on a second, I think, Henry, hold on, try that again, Mulla me testing testing, Now, we gotcha.
Speaker 12: Oh okay, No, I had a statement and I wanted to make about how people get into the wood and everything. Well, you know, the lad John Green said he didn't feel comfortable. He didn't he didn't feel there's anything attractive about bringing about solving one mystery by bringing in another mystery, which I ever to agree with.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, the the amazing thing about that is it is attractive to a lot of people for the fact is it gives them an out or a way to explain everything.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 7: Well, the reason it's paranormal, you know, it's trying to explain something without explaining it. And I think for some people who are like Eric Becher, for example, who was a flesh and blood guy, right, but he's so anthropocentric, meaning that he thinks that his species is the smartest of them all. No, right, that that that's the reason why we get because they're they're smarter than us. They are you know, they can do all this magical stuff, and that that will explain away why we can't find them.
Speaker 8: And that's just not good enough.
Speaker 4: That's just the one thing that always frustrates me about that is there's no proof whatsoever anywhere about all these claims. Folks make that attribute to these behaviors. What other creature transversus dimensions? What other creatures speak to us telepathically like what other It's not documented, it's not proven, and so why try to spin these ridiculous notions to something that we have a hard time proving in flesh and blood terms. To people, I mean, yeah, there are many of us that know this thing exists or would like this thing to exist, and are comfortable making that statement. But to the overall general public and to the scientific community, it's not accepted as fact. That and when you put those things out there makes us look even lunier than looking for giant apes out in the woods. Like it doesn't help.
Speaker 7: The problem is is they listen to certain people who have illusionary superiority. And what happens is they begin to believe in what they are hearing, and then they become what we call something called they have cognitive dissonance. They don't want to listen to scientific fact. They totally reject the facts as they see them. You know, you see cognitive dissonance when it comes to the Catchum study. You see Melba instead of taking what other scienceists are saying, instead you have her say it's a conspiracy against me. You know, it's very apparent that you know. And you couple that with illusionary superiority, where a veterinarian thinks they're a genetics expert, and you begin to see a trend. And what happens is you get a bunch of people that follow these people, and then they begin to.
Speaker 8: Pile on it. Before you know it, you have a religion more than you have a science.
Speaker 4: Right, and that gets dangerous and it becomes cult like it. And it's not that I begrudge anybody steve from having their own opinions. That's fine. It's when you start forcing them at people and saying things with such certainty that it becomes offensive and it becomes detrimental to the work the rest of us are trying to do, and it's where it just doesn't it's not where it belongs. We do have a comment here, I'll pull up from Ron Meldrum explaining Bigfoot mysteries with WU is like saying your cell phone works on magic right. Well, you know, I guess if we showed these cell phones to the you know, unindoctrinated or folks that don't know that technology exists, it would be magic right. Isn't there an Arthur C. Clark quote around that or a quote from someone around indistinguishable from magic?
Speaker 7: Today's science was yesterday's magic, right? And I forget what movie they came from. That was a quote from a movie.
Speaker 4: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic, Arthur C. Clerk. I knew he did. He had a quote on that somewhere, and that's true. I mean, but you know, we're not talking about us being ignorant to technology. We're talking about you know, not having either not having the ability to detect it with our current technology, or that we're just making shit up because it sounds cool And maybe we saw it on an episode of some science fiction show and thought it was a great thing to add.
Speaker 7: To Bigfoot, if I may, If I may add one thing too, And one of one of my biggest pet peeves is people assuming that Bigfoot knows what a trail camera does, or an audio recorder does, or any of that stuff. That is anthropomorphism to the highest extent. They have no clue what a trail camera does.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 7: If anything, they may see a foreign object can be leery of it just for that fact.
Speaker 4: Steve magic is fake Steve or good friend Steve who's a magician. He's a magician, so he could say that. And we've had that.
Speaker 5: Discussion here multiple times about trail cams and things like that, and a lot of it isn't as much that it understands how these things were is you change their environment when you put it up, you know, And I have proof from a trail cam. I have that when I put the trail cam up, all the deal all the animals flock to it because I changed the environment.
Speaker 4: The spells are different. I move things around.
Speaker 5: They want to know why they didn't care what the box was.
Speaker 4: They wanted to know why that tree was important to me.
Speaker 7: Well, the other thing, too, is who the hell says they didn't see it putting it up in the first place, right, And now they're wondering, is this some sort of trap? Is this some sort of because understand what they're learning from us, A lot of the stuff they learn from people that interdict into their habitats or hunters. Correct, So what they're learning is why is their avoidance of humans because they're used to seeing humans and their habitats hunting other animals and when we start setting things up, they get leary of them, and rightfully.
Speaker 8: So that is proper primate lodge that can abstract bought.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we used to talk about that quite a bit back in the old days, Steve. You know, they got used to anytime they pull something out to point it towards them, they're waiting for a boom. You know, they're not waiting for like why would you stick around wait for something new a human to come out and take your picture. Every time they pull something out on you, it ends up burt hurting something or killing somebody out right, And that's just truth.
Speaker 8: Guys.
Speaker 4: We're here at the end of the show already, Steve, when's the book coming out? For folks already asking that question?
Speaker 8: It comes out in March first.
Speaker 4: March first, to get your copy? Where can they get it?
Speaker 7: At min It'll be on Amazon, and I'll have the link on my website as well as soon as it comes out.
Speaker 4: Your two websites for folks that want to check you out.
Speaker 7: Steve Well, I just have the one main website website at Squatchtective dot com, but there'll also be a link on any of my beginning March. The first show after March first, we'll have a link. I think Sunday is March second, so Sunday night we'll have the link in the show description as well.
Speaker 4: All right, and they can go listen to uh, they can go watch Squatch Detective TV, Squatch DTV s team. Where can they check it out?
Speaker 7: Aut uh YouTube dot com for slash at Squatch d TV.
Speaker 4: Man, this hour went by too quick. We got to do this again, my friend, Absolutely anytime, Henry. Any final thoughts there, my friend.
Speaker 12: Well, as far as the cult aspect, I don't want to mention any names of cultist and bisup for their initials are Matthew Johnson.
Speaker 4: Did I say that Henry throwing shave, spitting facts and throwing shade to night Henry may he's ordering, he's ornering Matt Bake. Any final thoughts, I'm coming.
Speaker 9: On, go ahead, and Matt no, I'm gonna say the from what I saw from the book, I'm definitely gonna get a uh, get a copy and a hard copy of it, and it's definitely a fascinating read, so you know, and a lot of research into that. So that was, you know, outstanding.
Speaker 5: If you send me twenty five editional dollars.
Speaker 13: Thinking, go ahead and speaking of books, Speaking of books, I'm a plug.
Speaker 12: Daniel Prince is brand new book, Bike for the Bluff Creek. This is the next look book. Highly recommend it. You can get it by emailing Daniel at PRIs nine two at sbcglobal dot net.
Speaker 8: It's thirty nine dollars fifty four cents. Heck of a bargain. Recommend this book highly.
Speaker 4: All right, ye, Steve. One question I had for you that I didn't ask, did you learn anything new while you were putting this book together?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: And what it was I actually forgot because I've already ingrained it into my learning.
Speaker 8: But I know it had something to.
Speaker 7: Do with with with burial with because one of the topics I cover is bury you know, do sasquatch bury their dead? And a lot of times, you know, my standard argument was that again that was something humans did, and if we buried their dead, we'd be finding their bones because burying preserves them. But how do you explain if they die in the winter time in the northeast the ground is so hard, right that how would they dig them up? You know, how would they would They would expend so much energy to do that that it would be counterproductive to an animal in the wild, which the reason why we are and why primates, other primates don't do that because they're in the wild.
Speaker 4: There's times we don't dig graves because the ground so frozen. Absolutely, and we have machines to do that. Steve, my friend, again, a pleasure. Thanks for coming on with us.
Speaker 8: Oh anytime, Thank you. I had a great time, guys.
Speaker 4: Thanks my friend. Folks, you've been listening to The Sasquatch Experience. Sean Foralker, James Baker, Matt Arner, Henry may our guest tonight. Steve calls. Thanks for listening to Henry take us out with those dulcet tones.
Speaker 8: I'll be good, it'd be good.
Speaker 14: You've been listening to Sasquatch Experience. Please rate interview where this podcast has been consumed. To share your experience, visit us on Facebook, our website, or email us info at sasquatch experience dot com. Keep on squatching