Speaker 1: Good evening, everybody. Welcome to another episode of Fire Up or we Fired Up tonight or what.
Speaker 2: As fired up? As you're gonna get.
Speaker 3: Out of me?
Speaker 1: I hear you, I hear you.
Speaker 2: I know you're l look at this. They're coming out of the woodworks already.
Speaker 1: All right, that's what we like to see. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Ay I shortly. I just messaged him.
Speaker 1: So I should introduce my crew. Of course, my co host, smoking Jeremy B.
Speaker 2: How are you good evening? I've been better than worse. Guess what, I'm still here. That's all that matters.
Speaker 1: That's true. That is so true. And then our usual guest or I should say, almost another co host, because you're on all the time, mister are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good, Candy, thank you, and thank you for the introduction. As always, it's great to be here. Almost didn't make it. We're here tonight. As you see. I'm wearing green glasses because I have some issues with my eyes. But other than that, I'm feeling better, and you know, so here we are.
Speaker 3: I'm ready to go.
Speaker 4: Ready sound try hosts.
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 3: What's that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I said, try host because we're three?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I don't know, I don't know about that one.
Speaker 2: That if you if Orlando's talking about the fake Tom Pellisario that made a fake post about Crosby blowing up in the locker room. Yeah, it's fake. It never happened.
Speaker 4: No, that didn't happen at all. I mean, come on, Crosby's a nice guy. He would never blow up in the locker room at anybody.
Speaker 2: O a debo. The safety for the is that the safety for the Broncos horde.
Speaker 3: Got carted off the field.
Speaker 1: Well that's never good.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm talking. You're talking about Max Crosby. Okay, I tell you what's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're talking. They're talking about Max Crosby, and I'm just saying, oh my goodness, I keep trying.
Speaker 4: I seriously get better. Well, thank you. I appreciate that, Patty.
Speaker 2: You don't need to put his up. That's the same troll that always is. That isn't my son, No the CD. Okay, yes, well we're doing fantastic.
Speaker 1: Hello Will, I haven't seen you. And forever football as well. Okay, Well, I know everyone's like getting into the football talk, but there is another sport playing and they're actually in their postseason. So I thought we would lead with the one that's in their postseason, so.
Speaker 2: The CODs are trying to make it a series.
Speaker 1: Yes, the Guardians. The Yankees leave the series to one, but the Guardians took the game today seven to five. It's a final and it went ten innings to do so interesting. Interesting, and the win was Pedro a Villa. And the losing picture is Clay Holmes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give up another run home.
Speaker 4: Hey, Clay Holmes used to be a former parate Clay Homes.
Speaker 2: I know Clay David Fry right, Yeah, he goes driving down the field again. All hold the moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Guardians won today seven to five, and then the Dodgers and the Mets three one, Dodgers one third.
Speaker 1: It is that Cleveland game though, as I look at it, the score was seven to five Cleveland. They both both teams had airrors, but Cleveland had eleven hits to the Yankees only six, So sounds like the Cleveland bats room were moving it was played out.
Speaker 4: I'm actually gonna come on here, and I'm gonna say I was wrong because I thought the La Dodgers were going to choke again like they do every year, you know, in the first round of playoffs. They did not. They've moved on. So I was wrong, and I've been wrong too much lately. I gotta start getting right again.
Speaker 2: It looked like the Dodgers, if they win tonight, that series is done because those one Yeah yeah, but you know, I don't expect the Mets as much as they're paid to go quietly into that good night.
Speaker 1: Well. And the other thing is is I was listening to some of the announcers before the game, and even though some of the games the score would lead you to believe they were very lopsided, they have said that the teams are really more evenly matched and they're not that bad. So okay, but yes, playoff baseball it it'll be interesting to see the Dodgers do lead them three to one, although the bases are loaded. The Mets have the bases loaded at this point with only one out, so we will see. You know, it only takes one swing.
Speaker 3: So yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So who do we think we have? Who do we think it's going to go to the World Series.
Speaker 2: I think it's going to be Dodgers Yankees.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I agree with Jeremy. I don't see the Guardians, although it could happen, you know, sad to see the Tigers didn't move forward.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: You know eventually when you only have one ballad starting pitcher and you're doing the bullpen thing, it comes back to bite you. I just think they thought too much, and they got used to what we were doing, and they adjusted their bats to what the pitchers were doing.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, the parts did that this year. Derek Sheldon.
Speaker 4: I don't know how many times had a starter come in for three innings and then uses wooping the rest of the way and just you know, it's just every time because that they lose.
Speaker 1: I agree, Robert Robert, MLB media TV revenue. They all want to oh judge series, yep, oh.
Speaker 3: That's going to be.
Speaker 2: That was Devanta Williams that rushed it in from about a little over ten yards out.
Speaker 4: Patty says, Cleveland and New York. So we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 1: I think it would be interesting if it was a Yankees Mets subway.
Speaker 2: I thought that that would be best because that's the biggest media market. But the second biggest media market in the United States is LA. So if LA gets in, that keeps the West Coast and the East Coast going, and it's great for the airline is.
Speaker 3: You got that right, You got that right?
Speaker 2: You knowines if the airlines can keep up, you know the trouble that boeings and they need as much help with the airlines exactly exactly well.
Speaker 1: And the other thing that if it if it goes coast to coast, then the times are always kind of weird for one for one fan base or not, Whereas if it was always if it was the subway series, it would always be eastern and they wouldn't have to I wonder if they would still take as many travel days as they wouldn't need him. But okay, so it is still bases loaded one out three to one?
Speaker 3: Is that on ESPN?
Speaker 1: It is on FS one? Okay, it isn't there was when I was looking through all the things that were on TV tonight. You can watch NFL football, you can watch NBA, you can watch MLB, you can watch NHL, like all of it is going on.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: See Boston College versus Virginia Tech. I'd like to see what Bill O'Brien.
Speaker 1: And there's yes, there's some college football going on as well. Well. It seems like most of the people in our chatroom want to talk football, so we might as well.
Speaker 2: Let's talk I'm evil, sorry, football, football and more football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's talk some football. Any any trades happened today or anything like that that we need to put out there.
Speaker 4: We can talk about Davante Adams trade. I didn't hear about anything today, I'm aware. Yeah, DeVante Adams went to the Jets, yep, and now he's gonna play with with crybaby Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: And then uh, the bigger to me, the more astonishing move Cooper to the Bill because I don't think anybody saw that coming. Everybody knew that Adams wanted to go to the Jets.
Speaker 1: Well we knew, we knew he wanted to go one place with the other. Well, either he was gonna, you know, reunite with Derek Carr or Aaron Rodgers. He has more of a history with Aaron Rodgers. And let's face it, with Derek Carr having the oblique injury, we don't know how much he's gonna be in there or not. So DeVante decided to go back to what was familiar in Aaron. Now does that improve the Jets? Yes? Will it make a difference is the.
Speaker 2: Question if they had traded a bigger piece of that defense that they don't need. Like in the secondary part, I'm gonna name a certain name. They should trade Reddick for offensive linemen. They need offensive line help because that'll help Aaron Rodgers much more than another valid target, because Mike Williams is a valid target. But a true leader doesn't throw his his teammates or anyone else under the bus when he makes a mistake. I was under pressure and I threw it where he was supposed to be. That's not what you're supposed to say as a quarterback if you're the leader of that team. As a leader in a mentory, it will say, yeah, I made a bad brow and leave it at that. You don't hear a lot of other quarterbacks making that type of stuff.
Speaker 1: Right, Nope? Well, and it's it's Aaron Rodgers, the GM. You know. He probably said after that game, I need I need guys that are going to catch these balls that I'm throwing. And so hmm, there goes Davante. Okay, well there wasn't. There was another trade this week, though. Why don't you elaborate on that one, Jeremy.
Speaker 2: Which one?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Well, Cooper, you know the one thing I can tell you about Amari Cooper is. He runs great route as far as hands. Believe it or not. He has the highest drop rate of any wide receiver in the league since he was drafted in twenty fifteen. So I don't think his hands are as sure as everybody thinks. But what it will do for the Bills does? It gives him another target that will be open. It's just whether or not he catches the ball.
Speaker 1: I agree. I agree, Ralph. What did you think about that trade?
Speaker 4: Oh? You know what, Amari Cooper probably he wanted out of Cleveland. I don't think he really wanted to be there. They're a failing team. They're one in five. They got the Deshaun Watson mess. I wouldn't want to be there either. Jamison Winston can't find his way out of a paper bag, as far as it's from when I'm told, so being it's a bad organization. A Marik Cooper, you know, moving on to something else. Let's see what he does. Change of atmosphere Candy and Jeremy always works out in some cases for some people. But a MARII Cooper's around the league. But I maybe this time, you know, he'll stay where he is.
Speaker 1: True true, maybe sometimes it does. Thanks Fernando, Team Candy. You gotta love that.
Speaker 2: Haha. Yeah, we're all part of Team Candy on this show.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly what do we think the Lions are gonna do now that Aiden Hutchinson is out for a while.
Speaker 2: Well for right now this week, I think it's gonna be defensive end by committee. They picked up Isaiah Thomas, defensive end that was drafted in twenty nineteen by the Browns, that was on the Bengals practice squad. What's funny about him being drafted by the Browns. It was the seventh rown to hundred and twenty third pick. The reason why I bring that up is that was the Detroit Lions pick. They traded to the Cleveland Browns to get David blow So at the full circle moment of how they got the pick and now he ends up with Detroit. He's already practicing when somebody needs to come off the field with the with the first team, and he's got a great bull rush and a decent first step. And it's actually surprised the nay Sewell and Decker. He hasn't gotten a sect yet, but he's been pushing him back and they're not used to.
Speaker 4: That, No, not at all. We'll see where Detroit goes with that. We're down Zach Fraser our center, and we've got a backup plan, you know. So Aiden Hodginson is a very key ingredient to Detroit, and you know, i'd like to I you know, I hope he comes back soon. But if he's done for the whole year, we'll see what Jeremy knows, what kind of backup's going to come in for him.
Speaker 2: So I think the starting line for Detroit is gonna be Pascal on one side, Reader and a Leam in the middle, and then they're gonna move Levi on Muzuriki. He had success getting pressure from the outside when he's been in relief roles when either Aiden or Piscal comes off the field. So you can say hack Hockinson was a sack dog, but when he was off the field, that's when the other sacks would happen for everybody else. So Detroit Lions have just as many sacks through five games with the rest of everybody help as they picked with Dayden Hutchinson through press. Most of his sacks came in that Tampa game where he damn near set the record for sacks with four and a half.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, yep. He uh.
Speaker 2: They the the doctor that did the surgery at University of Michigan on Hutchinson. The first time came on Woodwards Sports on Tuesday. It was after the surgery. Then they said, yes, it's normally a four to six month recovery time because he has no tendon damage. He has no nerve damage, no vein damage or muscle damage, which is a godsend. That's the bullet that he does. If there was any of that, then it becomes an Alex Smith, almost career ending type of injury. But because of that, and it's a much better break than what he had with his right leg when he was a freshman in college, there is a he said, there's a fifty five percent probability because the kid does nothing but drink milk and eat high calcium foods, and he will. Actually, he has an outside shot, a fifty five percent shot of being back after three months, which means I don't think they'd start him in the playoffs, but if they make the Super Bowl, he could be there for them. But it's only a fifty five percent chance, not likely, it's just a possibility. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Correct, correct, and I mean everybody heals differently and stuff like that, so it really and they often you will hear people say that a clean break you heal from quicker than a sprain or anything like that, because that lingers. But so we'll see. I mean, the one thing about Aiden is that he was the life of that team, Like he brought so much energy that I hope that there is somebody else that will step up and help bring that same energy, well, you know.
Speaker 3: Energy or injuries.
Speaker 4: Now, Candy and Jeremy is like this, the reason why there's a lot of injuries here in the in the National Football League is because of conditioning. A lot of these guys are not going to conditioning like they used to do. And what's happening now is they're getting a lot of injuries grind, hamstring, ankle, knees, and it's getting more and more common now. And then, like Jeremy and I have talked about numerous times about this new bargaining agreement where they're going to cut the workout times and things like that down and everything else, there's nothing wrong with working out on your own, you know. And and I think now the mentality of these guys is why why work out and why put in a full effort.
Speaker 3: I'm getting paid. Who cares?
Speaker 4: That's where we are today, and it's a fact.
Speaker 2: Well that is effect with about probably sixty five percent of the league, is what I'm gonna say. There's always those few that come back in better shape, looking like they worked out all off Deson. Do you want to know what's crazy about that? One of those teams is the Detrait Lions. Everybody who left last season came back. Roderick Martin weigh three hundred and forty pounds and had like seventy percent body bet He came back at less than twenty percent body bets and cut twenty five pounds off the screen, which is why he was having it better.
Speaker 3: Ben.
Speaker 2: But I will say the lack of two A days is what leads to the soft issue injury because when they hit the two A days SOFTERTEO injuries, before they lowered the preseason regimen down even more, it was up thirty three percent after two O days was taken away, and as soon as they lowered the preseason even more and less workout and less time and less odas, they actually went up another eight percent.
Speaker 4: Absolutely but like I said, that's that's where we are today. We talked about that on the radio show today about how you know, guys are not working out like they used tune. It's crazy, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, And I was I was watching one of the interviews that Brett Favre did and he was talking about when he learned of his diagnosis, which he's diagnosed with Parkinson's, and he said that the doctors say, is there any body in your relatives that has had Parkinson's, because that's the first trigger is typically it comes hereditary. And he said no, and he goes, well, then you got it from all your hits, all your concussions. That's the second trigger. So I think that's why it's really important that to a really think about his future and what he wants to do with it. But I have a question for the two of you.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, what is.
Speaker 1: The rarest play in NFL. It's so rare that it has never happened yet.
Speaker 2: Almost Statue a liberty?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, what's the statue of liberty?
Speaker 2: That's the one where they make it look like they hand it off to one guy and he sits there and holds it behind his back and waits for everybody to chase him down and then he turns around and runs the opposite way. Are you talking about the hook and ladder.
Speaker 1: Nope, it's a scoring play, but it's the rarest scoring. It's the it's the rarest play in the NFL, and it has never happened that.
Speaker 2: The black extra point for two points.
Speaker 1: It's a one point safety. Is the rarest play.
Speaker 4: Dropkick, because I've never I've never seen that that's a one point play.
Speaker 2: You're talking about when they're going for the two point conversion, because if they fumble it in, the defense returns that that's the one point correct.
Speaker 1: And it's never happened yet in the NFL. I just thought that was kind of interesting, you know, I bring sometimes these interesting.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say, dropkick, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's ever happened either. Well, I could kick for a field goal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's never happened because so far, luckily, every guy that's tried to run it in on the play has been able to hold the ball. Yeah, whether they made it or not.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, that was cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, well, I remember the dropkick from uh the longest yard. Remember he did the drop kick and a referee was like, I haven't seen that in so long.
Speaker 1: Yeah mm hmmm, yes, Okay, guys, what what games are you looking forward to this weekend?
Speaker 3: We talked in college or ifow were both.
Speaker 1: You tell me whichever, Ralph you go first.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm interested to see what the what the Steelers do against the Jets, you know, Jets coming in with a a new well uh, the coach and general manager Aaron Rodgers. We're gonna find out what what what what's going on with the.
Speaker 3: Jets, so uh, you know.
Speaker 4: But anyway, I'm also checking out some of these college games that are coming up here this week. So hang on, let me get it where I need to be here.
Speaker 2: We go, all right, okay, all right.
Speaker 4: Tonight we got Georgia's State versus Marshall. I like this BC Virginia Tech game, which I'm gonna check out a few here, and I got the baseball game on now. Tomorrow night we got Florida State versus Duke. I'd like to see what Manny di As his team has made against Florida State. Mike Norvell's team has been horrible. Oregon's could wipe up produced stinks Oklahoma State versus b Yu. That's gonna be an interesting game. President State versus Nevada. Nevada's offensive coordinators Brandon Mayrin. He runs a go offense down there. Let's see Saturday Miami at Louisville, Virginia, Clemson, Nebraska at Illinois. I believe it's Illinois. Yeah, and then Auburn at Missouri Missouri. Auburn is terrible that they haven't had a good year in a long time. So Wisconsin, they're playing twelve noon m h useless La versus Rutgers. I'd like to see that. That would be It's gonna be an interesting game. Wake Forest versus Yukon with Jimmy Jim Moore junior. There are a lot of games here, were some really good ones too. Alabama Tennessee. That's gonna be the best. That's gonna be a good game right there.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jay's got a question for you, Rolph. Who wins Nebraska or Illinois?
Speaker 4: You know what, Illinois could upset him because Illinois's got a good team this year, and and and their coaches Brent believe Blama and uh, you know, he's he's won everywhere he's been and now he's at Illinois and he's fixed that program up.
Speaker 3: Levy Smith ran it into the ground.
Speaker 4: Looks like Santa Claus on the sideline, and uh, you know so, but yeah, I think Illinois might upset Nebraska.
Speaker 3: We'll say what Matt rule.
Speaker 4: If his team doesn't beat themselves, I think they're gonna be you know, Nebraska could win.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a dogfight, it's gonna be a really good game.
Speaker 1: So so wait, Jay, Nebraska doesn't play Illinois. So I don't know if that was a trick question or you were what you were thinking. Because Illinois plays Michigan this week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sorry. Nebraska plays somebody else, Indiana.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, they're playing Indiana, Nebraska.
Speaker 3: Nebraska in that game.
Speaker 4: But Indiana's number sixteen in the country and they got a pretty decent team this year.
Speaker 3: That's right, Jay, that's my fault.
Speaker 2: Oh you might be saying that, but uh, Candy, I need to know what is your shirt size?
Speaker 1: And men, I'll text you later.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, somebody just gave away your christmind, so.
Speaker 3: Give what.
Speaker 2: None of us are perfect, none of us are perfect, but he already paid for it.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, Jay, you did not need to do that, but thank you and Jay, your book that you ordered is in the mail. In fact, let me do a quick station identification break because my husband likes that. My husband, Scott the MotorCity Man Morgan Roth wrote the book Lessons the Microphone, Tuning to the Enduring Wisdom of Visionary Leaders. It is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Apple, and Google Books. Get your copy as a Christmas gift today. There's also a link on our website www dot Selflordatribune dot com where you can get that, or you can get all kinds of self Florida Tribune merchandise or MotorCity mad Mouth merchandise. So if you're from you know, the MotorCity and you want that or what not, go to our website, click on the link to our store and shop away. Go to our website www Self Floordatribune dot com. Read Jeremy's writings, I take pictures, go look at all the plethora of stuff we have on there. If you like to listen to podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts, and if you want to advertise or sponsor a show, you can call Scott nine five four three oh four four nine four one. Okay, back to our comments, Uh oh, okay, pop quiz for the legendary hosts best football sports movie ever.
Speaker 3: I can give you that real quick.
Speaker 1: Or okay, you want you want to do football? You want to do our best sports movie ever?
Speaker 2: Football movie. I'm gonna go by category when I do mine, but I'll let Ralph go first.
Speaker 4: All Right, Mine is football and I got any given Sunday at number one, number two, remember the Titans, and number three Invincible.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: For drama, number four, the Longest Short, but that's with Burt Reynolds.
Speaker 2: The original Longest Yard with Burt Reynolds is one of my favorites. The program, uh Friday Night Lights and remember the Titans are my four best dramas, my comedy one, and there's only one that I love that is football related, and that's the replacement. I quote that movie a lot.
Speaker 4: That is funny. That's a funny move. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And for baseball, I don't care if it's drama whatever. It's a tie at the top between Bold Dura Durham and the original Major League.
Speaker 3: I like the Rookie with uh Dennis Quaid, that would.
Speaker 2: Be that would be in the drama category. I stuck with the comedy and the drama would be the rookie. Uh for the love of.
Speaker 3: The game millions, love of the game too, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Brewster millions. You know that type of comedy. I was talking about baseball. It was loosely had baseball and Brewster's million, but it wasn't based off of base.
Speaker 4: Oh, it wasn't based on baseball. You're right, I mean, you know, but.
Speaker 1: There's beauty, there's weird Marshall. That was a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's lots of honorable mentions that you could throw in there. Unnecessary Roughness was one of the first ones that was funny. But that's more about college football. You know, if you do the if you go college football. The best series as I ever seen was in the late eighties early nineties at Delta Birke as a football team owner first and ten on HBO with Fran Tarkinson as the color and his analysts on there. And then there was for College Blue Mountain States that was hilarious.
Speaker 4: Bryan mentioned Great Iron Gang.
Speaker 3: That was a mention.
Speaker 2: Hob Yeah. Ji asked about Rob the woman, the bass player, the Bears player who died from cancer.
Speaker 4: That was Brian's song Brian's song I was a good one. Yeah, Yeah, that's an hornorable mention.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of them that I like that are baseball like. I mean, I mean, I do like of course.
Speaker 4: I liked.
Speaker 1: Well, why can I think of that? If you build it, they will come, Chase, I can't think of that. I mean I can say now this was yes, and lot is good. Field of Dreams is one of my favorites. In fact, we've been to the Jay. We were at the Field of Dreams. If you check out our YouTube channel, there is a there's a couple of videos. One is Scott coming out of the cornfield and then we actually did an interview with one of the guys that gives tours of Field of Dreams. So yes, we were at the field. So that was really cool. That was really really cool. We even he did an interview. We were upstairs in the house in the bedroom overlooking the field, so that was cool. I can say not that you ever see me, but I actually was a paid extra in the sports movie Mister three thousand, which was Bernie Williams Bernie mac so that yeah was actually that was filmed in in Milwaukee's So yes, I was actually paid extra in that. So that was kind of cool that I got a little bit of money, very little, but yes, so no we did not.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you a movie that extras could have came out and made a bunch of money and all they had to do was sit in the stands. Was the Batman movie Batman Batman or Not Retired? Not the Batman The Batman begins, Then it was Batman's with the Joker, and then the last one, the third one of Christopher Nolan, where it was filmed in Pittsburgh. They asked for extras to phill Hines Field for a football game and they only got about twelve thousand people, and they were paying fifteen dollars an hour plus food, free food. The Dark Knight, Yeah, The Dark Knight Rises. That's the one, okay, the one made in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: Thank you? Yeah. Hm, I would have been there in a minute. If I wasn't doing something, I would have been there in a minute.
Speaker 2: You didn't like it, you don't like the show, I'm sorry, go ahead, hit it again. We like it when you like the.
Speaker 1: Show, Yeah, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 2: I have been blessed. When I say I've been blessed is in my lifetime, and granted I'm only fifty four, I'm on my fifty fifth revolution around the Sun at this point.
Speaker 1: Thanks Jay.
Speaker 2: I've lived in forty one cities in five different states, so I've had the pleasure of being able to go to different stadiums than most people would in their lifetime because I lived near them. Well, let's base it. In ninety six, even though I had just finally recovered from my achilles tendon, the Tennessee Titans, while they were the Oilers, did walk on tryouts because they didn't have enough picks in the expansion draft to fill their team, and I was one tenth of a second from being a defensive.
Speaker 3: Back in the Wow, I really did that. I didn't know that. You know, somebody else did?
Speaker 2: They did it that first year in nineteen ninety six. I believe they did that. And I ran a four point seventy five as a twenty six year old smoker. So that isn't bad for a twenty six year old smoker. When I say I was a smoker back then, I was smoking two and a half back the day whoa whoa, whoa, whoa, So yo, say what you want. I was still in shape from the Army.
Speaker 3: What do I run now?
Speaker 2: I'm lucky if I get five seconds down a forty yard hill rolling sideways.
Speaker 1: He depends on what he's running too or running.
Speaker 2: If a mare is behind me, I might run as fast as Jamison Williams, a mean, lean fighting machine.
Speaker 1: That's funny. That's funny. Okay, okay, So sports movie I like. I like like some of those sports movies. Things we're gonna have to do a theme like that, you know, do something different each time.
Speaker 2: That would be a good thing to do is go with a different sports genre each week in the off season. When the news base goes flow right after the Super Bowl, correct, because the news base super slow too. If the JI said, if a bear is behind me, I'm a gunner.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't care. If I got a bad back, I don't care. If I got a broken leg. I'm getting to a tree and getting up it and bringing to God. The bear can't knock it out.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you a good bear story. I was in boy Scott camp when we were in our tents and a bear came to our campsite. And it was this kid.
Speaker 4: He was six hundred pounds. He was up at the dining hall and he had to run to his campsite. When he got there, the Scott Master was was banging frying pants to get rid of the bear. But the bear came to our campsite. We were We stayed locked in our tents. I didn't I didn't go nowhere. I said, I'm not dealing with this bear.
Speaker 1: Yike. So Nick says, I love watching movies, but sport movies are not my cup of tea theme theme, best stadium team, intro basketball and hockey. You know how to do it right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I have some good ones.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, So.
Speaker 2: Locked in a tent protected by less than an inch of nylon.
Speaker 3: No, I was a really good boy, Scott ten, which it's good.
Speaker 1: That's funny, that's funny. Okay. So Dodgers are winning now still for five two two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and somebody just said at.
Speaker 1: Home, I don't know who that and the Broncos are up at halftime sixteen three.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny is I actually predicted a twenty four to three Froncos wins prior to the game in a chat I screenshot.
Speaker 4: Look, it's still my Bay Saints defense might come out in the second half, shut him down.
Speaker 3: You know, you never know.
Speaker 1: I cursed the mess. I didn't curse the I just said that it's typically always been the team that took the Brewers out. Doesn't mean it's always I mean there's a first time for everything, right, guys.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Oh.
Speaker 2: I actually said when he was coming out of college, every year he dealt with a new offensive coordinator and got better as a quarterback every time. And he also switched head coaches three times. Remember his head coach from Oregon was hired somewhere else the first year and he had to learn a whole new system. His last year in college. He did only do the five years of eligibility, but in those five years, every year he improved. Remember when they almost beat Georgia and Georgia's national championship run in Week one that season bone knicks but on aplining, they couldn't stop him. So that being said, I said, because of that, he might adapt well into the NFL and not take as long to learn a NFL playbook, which will make he doesn't have as high of a ceiling, but he's almost at that ceiling already. Kind of like when Mac Jones came out of college, I said he was almost at his ceiling when he came out of Alabama. He just went to a very bad situation where he couldn't even get the rest of his ceiling potential.
Speaker 1: Yikes, yikes.
Speaker 3: Okay, So.
Speaker 1: What is happening in your guys's tones, Guys, Ralph, what's happening in your towne?
Speaker 3: Not a whole lot.
Speaker 4: Russell Wilson's going to start this Sunday, his first start this year. A lot of people are upset, fired up around and here about it. A lot of people are criticizing the decision by mediocre Mike, But I think it's a good decision because A he's the starting quarterback and B he was promised he would be the starting quarterback. And see, Justin Field's got to fix a few things up in his game. So I would like to see Justin Field sit down and watch Russell Wilson put on a clinic because I think he's going to Our offensive line is a little choppy right now, but you know what, I think they're gonna pull it out. I predicted on my radio show today seventeen thirteen Steelers against the Jets, maybe even more than that, depending on the kind of game. Russell Wilson has but I said seventeen thirteen because the Steelers are going to pulling out these games the last minute. Also, the hockey Penguins straight too, and oh just won six to five and overtime last night. So uh, the River Hounds fin are getting ready to close up their season beat the Charleston Battery two to nothing. And uh, other than that, we got property taxes going up here and some other stuff happening on politics and whatnot. We got Trump and Kamala Harris coming here. So that's what's going on.
Speaker 1: Jeremy, what's happening in your town?
Speaker 2: Well, uh, we all know we're reeling and praying for Hutchinson to recover as fast as possible, but not earlier than it's necessary. We want them back at one hundred, whether that this season, in the playoffs or next season. That being said, we're all waiting with the baited breath to see what this defense can do without Aiden Hutchison for the first time since he was drafted. The guy plays ninety. So we're hoping that ag is going to dial up some exotic flips packages for the Minnesota Bikings and continue to stuff the run on defense. As we have done whether he was in the lineup or not. If that happens, the Vikings may have a very long day. Aaron Jones is dealing with a hamstring injury and it was limited in practice today. Even though he had the bye week to get healed, he ended up with a hammy in the one day of full practice he had on Friday last week, so he's questionable on whether or not he'll be ready to go.
Speaker 3: T J.
Speaker 2: Hockinson just had his twenty one day activity window brought up and he has not been put onto the fifty three man roster as of four pm today, so that makes him ineligible for Sunday's games. They also lost Blake Cashman for the next two to three weeks due to turf toe, so they're reeling right now. Plus they had a d lineman that is out and a couple of defensive backs that are in limited practice but not looking like they'll be able to go. So with all of that, and they just traded for Cam Akers from the Texans, which is kind of a funny story if you think about it, because cam Acres didn't like the deal that Minnesota offered him, went to the Texans perform for more money, and then he gets traded back once everybody gets healthy there to Minnesota for a seventh round pick. That almost a slap in the face to cam akers from both teams. Minnesota didn't feel like it was worth giving up more than a seventh and Texans didn't ask for more than a seventh, And he may have to be there RB one and he's nowhere near as good as Aaron Jones.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to go with Oh, I'm going to talk a little bit about obviously what the group is not gonna like, because I'm gonna talk about my packers, of course. So they let go oh Brandon Narvelssen, who missed again five of his seventeen field goals. It's it's like a trend. I don't want to say though in the league. There are some that are hitting and then there's some that are like missing, like if you watch that Jets game the other night, like they were hitting the uprights and out. So they're signing Brandon. They signed Brandon McManus. Now, this is gonna be the third kicker in the last two years because we let Andre's Carlson go, who made twenty seven out of thirty three last year. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Jet is that older cut the older.
Speaker 1: McManus. The problem with McManus is he still has some outside of football legal issues.
Speaker 3: Not good.
Speaker 2: No, Well, Grandon McManus. The stuff he was accused of, if he was acquitted of it, that doesn't mean they dropped the charges. That means that he was found completely innocent and not guilty. What what he was accused of was bad. But the girl that accused him of it had they found out it was mistaken identity? Mm okay, because he was just at the party and she was the last one that he was the last one that she saw wealthore parents. So you can say what you want about how bad that is, but in all actuality, he was cleared.
Speaker 1: Patty, we can't sign Jake Bates. He's hunt Detroit. We'd have to trade for him, and Detroit's not going to give him up anytime soon. Let's face it out. Because they got him good, they got him at a reasonable price, and he's doing very well. He did very well in the the other league. And so there's I'm gonna say that late lately kickers are not They're hard to come, fight to find ones that are reliable.
Speaker 4: Oh absolutely, Yeah, it's it's not good this year. There's a couple of guys sitting out there. Steelers put a guy on his Mike, right, he or Matt Wright. He h comes in and plays when Boswell's hurt. Fortunately, we were able to get a Hunter Corless weightman, and he's done a pretty decent shop because Cameron Johnson went down. So you know, the kickers, You're right, they are hard to come by, hard to find, and the ones you do get, you gotta pray they can make fields.
Speaker 1: You know, we were pretty lucky for the longest time we had Mason Crosby and he did very well for us, and so we were we were fortunate in that for those years that we had him. But so back to let's see, Oh, Ralph, here's a question for you. Do you really think Mike Tomlin is mediocre?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's about super Bowls. It's not about nine and eight records. He's mediocre. The owner's mediocre. Nobody cares, So you know what mediocre football team. We'll see what happens this year, though, I said that if Ler's go to the super Bowl, I will do all my shows naked. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Uh, Patty in all actuality, Jake Bakers visited with four teams in the area of the Midwestern region before the season was over. He had an interview with the Packers, He had an interview with the Bears, He had an interview with the Vikings, he had an interview with the Browns, the interview with the Bengals, and an interview I believe with Pittsburgh because that as far as that region was covered. Jake bakoon the offseason the kickers that from the UFL that was bombing all the kicks. But as soon as he was able to sign with somebody once the Michigan Panthers was out of the playoffs, he immediately immediately contacted Detroit because he was familiar with Pordfield and that was where he had all of his success where he hit one hundred percent of his field goals while in the UFL.
Speaker 4: All right, Virginia Tech was up twenty eight to three, and now it's twenty eight to twenty one.
Speaker 3: Boston College caught up.
Speaker 1: So, Jay, your random basketball question, does Milwaukee win it if healthy or did the Damian Lillard trade end up not working out? What I'm gonna say to that is defense wins championships and Damien does not play defense like Drew Holiday did. I missed Drew Holliday. Drew Holliday did both, OK, and he's he's having He had an awesome season with Boston and you know it was unfortunate that he's no longer with the Bucks. The Bucks do need to be healthy though. Can they win all yes, they can, but they need to be healthy and they need to learn how to really play together and gel together. And I think part of when you get a I don't know if I would call Demon a superstar, but you would think because the contract he has, that they need to learn how to work together and gel together, him and Giannis and all the other guys. And the problem is is they have those two top guys. Middleton's gotta stay healthy because if Middleton doesn't, there goes the three. Because we all know Giannis isn't good at hitting free throws, so if he's out there and they're gonna foul him. So you really need all five guys, and you need depth because Milton has not been able to stay healthy for I don't know how long. So do I think it was a bad trade? I missed Drew Holiday yes, but yeah, I don't think I would call him a superstar either, but he has a big contract, let's put that way. So whether you think he's a superstar or not someone that commands as much of the salary as he does, you've got to kind of put him in a different category than all your other players because you have one that's and you have a couple that. I mean, obviously Giannis is up there too, and Gianna's fell in love with the city. The city fell in love with him, and they embraced him. And kudos to him for staying in such a small market because let's face it, Milwaukee is not a big market like some of your other like your New York's and your other lot of your other teams that have a lot more money and stuff like that. But that's my take on and not a huge bit basketball person, and I'm probably but I do follow my bucks though at.
Speaker 4: Times, Candy, let me say this, you know, whether or not this guy's will bump, uh, he still will get paid.
Speaker 3: And then on top of that, the team still has to.
Speaker 4: Play them because of the salur and uh, you know that happens all the time in every sport. And then now I see it's happening here. But I mean, you know, it's it's crazy, but it's true.
Speaker 1: You know, yes, yes, it's kind of it's I think it's kind of weird that we're already talking basketball, but I guess it. I mean it is October basketball and hockey or you know.
Speaker 2: Third of the season. Yeah, and how about that Detroit band Heston's won their last preseason game. Wow, ayden Ivy looked like a superstar out there. He had sixteen point uh eight and a half, eight boards and six or sixth.
Speaker 4: Well, this game is slow, this baseball game only fifth inning?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, there's been a lot of hitting and not a lot of scoring.
Speaker 3: Oh, somebody just got hit by a pitch one of the Mets.
Speaker 2: Were the Mets players?
Speaker 4: Yeah, y on the Moto hit hit hit the Mets player. I'm trying to see who it.
Speaker 1: Is, Francisco Alvarez. Yes, Andy, I wouldn't say, Jay, I wouldn't say. They're looking like they're going to lose five too. I don't know. I mean this bottom of five. The one thing you can said.
Speaker 3: Right string whoa in the ninth? Yeah, he and him right in the hams with that ball. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yep, mid time.
Speaker 3: I have nothing more to add.
Speaker 1: Anything else, guys that you want to talk about tonight.
Speaker 4: I just want to thank everybody for their kind words on my emails and Facebook and all that when I had my I issues this week, So thank you.
Speaker 2: I do want to add one more thing. If the Lions fans are serious about wanting to trade for somebody, but not spend the farm to get somebody big, we should be praying that the Patriots beat the snot out of the Jaguars come Sunday morning, because rumor is out of Jags country, there will be a fire sale and a lot of big defensive names go on the trade block at that time. And I'm talking both of their defensive ends. So if you want, if you want to trade for the big guy, Josh Allen will be there, but personally I would go for the first round pick that hasn't lived up to his billing yet. It could probably get him for a date three pick and a late day two pick.
Speaker 1: Yes. Thanks okay, So Ralph, how can people get a hold of you?
Speaker 4: Facebook, Twitter, X platforms also LinkedIn and I'm also I also have my own YouTube channel. Please subscribe. I need twenty four more to make two hundred by the end of the year, and we're coming up on what sixty eighty days or something before the end of the year, so you have a lot of time yet to give me twenty four subscribers so I can make it to two hundred. And also I have my two radio shows, well, one radio show right now on twelve fifty am ninety two point five FM, The Answer here in Pittsburgh called Sports Corner with Me Ralph Williams Smoking Jim Fraser Claudia was on on Luther Deprie and then coming on November Saturday, November Night, the Ralph Williams Show on twelve fifty am ninety two point five FM, The Answer as well, So I have that coming up. And check out all my archive shows on my YouTube channel Ralph Williams RW Media. Also if you could check my website at www dot RW Media Productions dot com.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, I guess that means it's me now right, it's you. Well at first, you can find my writings on the selfboard at Tribune dot com under the MotorCity Tribune head heading, and other than that, you can pay me right here on the selboard, a Tribune channel on Tuesdays occasionally on Inside the Picton Wednesdays, I'm on No Filter dot Net with Scott on the MotorCity maud Mouth Show, and of course Thursday Night's Fire up right here, where I am actually the co host and I'm her every week unless I'm dead. Then of course you can fight me on my channel where I go live every day of the week, including when I'm on this channel or someone else's chandels, because I always hear it back here. That's Kneecap fiting with the MotorCity Lions. I might be rebranding that the Kneecap Sports Network. Just because we have so many shows going live into my channel, I can't just say it's about the Lions anymore. We have a Bear show, a Factor's Show, a Viking show, three different NFL shows. It's kind of crazy right now.
Speaker 4: Also, I forgot to mention Saturday morning, nine am on YouTube, Facebook, Twitch platforms the External Bomb Show with me Ral William Scott, Morgan Rath and also Jeremy Barwick Leo Haggerty. Leo said he will be on the show this week. Jarre me will be here depending on how his back feels, and we're going to find out what's going on. If Scott will be available, So if not, Candy, so I'll be here if I gotta be off camera.
Speaker 1: Candy will not be filling in this week because I head off today because I was taking doing some other errands and things we needed to do. So I am actually working Saturday mornings.
Speaker 3: So so you won't be on the air.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fine, I will not No, no, what was I gonna say. Well, let's get into Scott. My husband wrote a book, Lessons from the Microphone, Tuning into the Enduring Wisdom of Visionary Leaders. Talks about Scott's forty plus years in the media industry and how it has changed. It has a picture of him with a young Muhammad Ali and there's a couple just a couple other pictures. Go check it out. It is available on Barnes and Noble, Amazon, Kindle, Google, and Apple Books. There's also a link on our website www. Dot Solford attribute dot com where there's a to our merchandise store as well. And one of the things jay I would say is you ask why we don't link all of the shows on on one site so people can easily view them all, because we all do different shows and we talk about different things, and sometimes we're streaming at the same time, so we can't stream to one spot. So but when Jeremy comes on here, he's streaming to his site. And when we a lot of times when we go on other ones, we'll stream to ours as well.
Speaker 2: It's just called smart it's smart viewing, yes, yes, because what happens is when we share them to our own channels. Usually, if the people like what they see here, they're going to want to check out the other shows, so they'll go subscribe to the other channel.
Speaker 4: I just figured out how to stream to my audience right here. I've just seen the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can click that link now and it'll automatically be on there and your viewers can see later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll check it out and Ralph.
Speaker 1: That's how we know, Like like Jay is watching through Jeremis right now, and you can tell because it shows you the link on him on when he comments, So he's not watching it through self word to Tribune, he's watching it through Jeremis, which is great because we we want you guys to you know, go out there and view others and subscribe to everybody's channel because everybody is giving us their time, free time, so please, you know, go and check them out as well. Go to our website www dot self, word atribute dot com. Jeremy Rights, my husband Rights, I take pictures. Go to our YouTube channel we have we've put up some new stuff lately. We put we obviously cover the Hurricanes, so after each Hurricane's home football game or away with some of the away games, we've actually put up interviews. But Scott did an interview on Saturday with a military veteran that actually won a silver medal in the Paralympics, and so he did a thirteen minute video where he talked and asked ask all kinds of questions. So go to our YouTube channel and check it out. And if you have any suggestions or want to be a guest on our show, you can always email us. So, Jay, if you want to be a guest, you can always email us self Alert Tribute at gmail dot com. We'll bring you on and no offense. You can be on one of Scott's shows, or you can be on what Scott would call the country club show and the one that I here run. So but thanks, Jay, I'm glad you watched the video and thought it was good. But yes, Jay, you should go. You should go back in the archives and find the one about Field of Dreams because we did do a couple of videos on Field of Dreams and that was pretty cool. So Jeremy you want to take us home.
Speaker 2: Of course, try every day to be a better person than you heard the day before. That's the only way to make the world a better place. It starts right here. Much love to everybody in the chat, thank you for watching, and.
Speaker 4: I have a great figure out how to do it, Jeremy, thank.
Speaker 1: You much love. Bye guys.