Speaker 1: All right, it's time for What you watch on Wednesday is brought to you in living color, but you're watching in there. Americans love television. They win their kids USA television.
Speaker 2: You've been watching too many of those live television shows.
Speaker 3: We missed.
Speaker 4: We missed an opportunity to play or tear in the sky is talking about all those terrifying airports.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I guess we could have done that. But by then you're on the ground.
Speaker 3: Right, That's true, that's true.
Speaker 5: There is that so the better sister. I had a couple of revelations about this show. This is Jessica Biel and Elizabeth Banks.
Speaker 4: I've tried, like I've made it into episode two, and I just keep getting distracted because for me, I like Jessica Bill and Elizabeth Banks. I like their chemistry, I like their back and forth. But they're the whole show for me. But they're not on the show the entire time, and I just when they're not on the screen, I find myself picking up my phone and look at at other things.
Speaker 6: I watched the whole thing and it was actually, I think you should I think you should go back to it.
Speaker 3: I should stick to it.
Speaker 5: I think you should well let me ask you this deb because I okay, I liked or I still like.
Speaker 1: I'm only in through episode four.
Speaker 5: I like the relationship between the two sisters, and I think that there are times when obviously there's there's they're estranged, because that's how they set up the whole show. Yeah, you kind of cheer for them to get back together, Like there's you know, these outside things. One of the husbands was killed murdered, and you're trying to figure it out through the whole show. You're cheering for them to get back together, and like it kind of happens, and then it doesn't. It kind of happens, and then one gets mad. It kind of happens. So you kind of want them to get back together and rebuild that that race.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm early on this series, but I want them to be the strong women that they are and work together to uh, to fight whatever the evil is and you have to finish it. Yeah, I mean, I think I've read the book. I read the book years ago. I don't remember how it ends, but the acting aside from them is a little cringey, a little cringey.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I I I didn't love it, but there is a little twist.
Speaker 3: Ah, I do like a twist.
Speaker 5: Matthew Modine in it. Awful, awful, hard to watch, don't. I don't understand what his character's doing. I don't understand. And again, maybe he's part of the twist because he's obviously not a great guy, the oldest guy with the gray hair, the flamboyant uh.
Speaker 3: Uh oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't like him. I don't like him.
Speaker 4: I don't think we're supposed to like him. I'm early on, right, yeah, but I.
Speaker 5: Mean just as the actor, it's he's not doing a great job, for sure. I like him too and other stuff.
Speaker 6: Right, Well, that's why you guys have to you have to keep watching, Okay, Okay, just trust me on That's okay.
Speaker 4: I will trust you if you trust me and watch the Buccaneers.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm going to my husband actually heard you say that, and he sent me a text.
Speaker 3: It's on Apple Okay.
Speaker 1: I gotta play the right music, the one we were talking about, Better Sisters on Amazon Prime.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So the Buccaneers, I've never heard of this or Buccaneers.
Speaker 4: It's it's just like, you know, a period story of when the Americans came over to London, and uh, you know, it's just one of those of where they come over with their American esque vibe and there's a lot of pushback from the people in England, London and specifically here. And the thing about the Buccaneers is they take away the distracting accents and you don't have to overcome that. Oh good, yes, you know, there's there's there's family intrigue, and there's status, and there's love, and there's all the things that go along with you know, if you like Downtown Abbey, if you liked although that one's kind of different because that dives into the class system a little bit more more.
Speaker 3: But if you like all the coming.
Speaker 4: Out type storylines of the debutants and finding a suitor and what it means for the family, and beautiful costumes and landscape, then you will like it.
Speaker 1: That's the way we were asking you what you have been watching? On what you're watching?
Speaker 2: Wednesday, I finished rewatching Israeli public television show Tehran, broadcasting the United States by Apple. So I'd really like to call on the worldwide influence of the Gary and Shannon Show to get Apple to release season three of Tehran in the United States. It's already been shown in Israel. I thought there was no way the messade is that far integrated into Iranian intelligence, but by recent events, it turns out that they're far more embedded, embedded than we could have imagined.
Speaker 1: So could you please get that they're released in the US.
Speaker 5: Do what I can timely as well, Debrah, You and I will not enjoy that program, probably not. Probably not. There is a trio of trailers up on the website. Go check it out at KFI AM six forty dot com. Gary and Shannon, you've got the new Eddie Murphy Pete Davidson movie with Eva Longoria and Keky Palmer.
Speaker 3: Caral is that called I'm gonna watch that trailer now?
Speaker 5: The Away It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia season seventeen. If you can believe that trailer is out there and they're showing some crossover it looks like with Abbott Elementary and The Golden Bachelor, and then Jeremy Allen White in the Bruce Springsteen biopic called Deliver Me from Nowhere.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I couldn't even wait.
Speaker 3: I'm in old. I couldn't hear over them all you. I can't turn it off. Jimmy Carter would not like that.
Speaker 4: So I looked at the trailer of the Eddie Murphy Pete Davidson movie Awful. It looks really bad. I love the Eddie Murphy of my youth. There's something about old Eddie Murphy that's not doing it for me. It's not funny for me. Really, I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, he has been in some stinker movies and stuff. Maybe that's it. Maybe it's a movie that going into Yeah, this is a bad one.
Speaker 1: You mentioned.
Speaker 5: Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders are coming back for Netflix's America's Sweethearts, of course, and apparently they're gonna get a raise for the twenty twenty five season.
Speaker 1: Are the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders? They should a four hundred raise?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, they make nothing.
Speaker 5: They were getting about seven bucks an hour with no overtime and a flat rate of two hundred bucks a game.
Speaker 4: They're their whole entity, like they're their own attraction.
Speaker 5: They ended up that that total of the seven dollars an hour two hundred dollars per game was less than the pay for the mascot of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Could you name it if you had to.
Speaker 4: Sowardo Sam. Rowdy, Oh, Sowardo. Sam is the forty nine Ers from the mascot. He also has like the big hat though right, like is it also.
Speaker 3: Like a cowboy?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I think he's a horse. I think the Cowboys mascot is a horse. Oh so like okay, so Denver, But.
Speaker 1: What do they do on this show? What do they do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not gonna You're not gonna ruin this for me, and I'm not gonna let you. I'm not gonna answer your dumb questions because you're not going to listen to the answer. You're certainly not gonna digest any of the words that I have to say following the question.
Speaker 1: Is that it I didn't know that was what it was about.
Speaker 3: Exactly, thank you.
Speaker 1: No, I guess Rowdy is a cowboy okay, not a horse?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Yeah, I thought it was a cowboy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, running around, big old happy face. Okay.
Speaker 3: He looks kind of like Sourdo Sam, doesn't He.
Speaker 5: Probably the same basic costume that someone then altered. If you were a fan of Bad Thoughts by Tom Sigura on Netflix, it has been renewed for a second season.
Speaker 1: This is one of the most.
Speaker 5: It's so Deadline dot Com wrote this up in such a sanitized way. They said, Sigura takes the viewer through a series of vignettes in each episode. The twisted comedic sensibility if his stand up is the core DNA of this series, where every story unfolds in a hilariously disturbing way only he could imagine that is putting it lightly. These are the darkest of dark stories that end up being funny in some way. Yeah, but it is available for a season two. Watching season four of Clarkson's Farm on Amazon Frio, Jeremy Clarkson, longtime British host of shows and game show host, etc. Is gotten into the farming business. They're now in their fourth season. He was hit right smack in the teeth with COVID and all the restrictions thereof, and now has built not only a functioning farm, but he's hired a couple of great characters to kind of work along with him as a farm manager, one as his sort of legal farming consultant guy, and now they are opening a pub. One of the things that he really wanted to do when he's started this was get a lot of this the meat that he's gotten the produce and everything into restaurants, so he's now going to open his own pub to do so.
Speaker 4: I heard it. I got to check that show out. What's it on again? Amazon?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: I heard Conway last night talking about one of his lifelong dreams was to open a bar. He and Doug Steckler had a dream to open a bar. He knows quite a bit about opening up a bar, the business side, how it would go, things like that Conway does. And I thought to myself, what a fun place that would be.
Speaker 3: That'd be a cool.
Speaker 4: Place if he's there, like the best, Like I'd watch that show Conway is Yeah, like he's Sam Malone, you know, but it's Conway, Like I would tell if I was giving him advice, I'd tell him have somebody else buy the bar, because Conway would just give everyone free drinks all the time.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't. He wouldn't be able to say no.
Speaker 5: Well, I was going to say, you'd almost in terms of you couldn't do it to make money. Ye do it because you love it, and you do it hopefully with your if financially independent right and you didn't have to worry about.
Speaker 4: I think what I'm saying is Conway, if this whole radio thing doesn't work out, should just go be a bartender somewhere. I think that would be the place I would want to hang out all the time.
Speaker 7: Hey, Gary and Shannon, I was just listening about some of the Netflix shows. But there's an holding on there that I don't know if you've ever watched. I found it very hilarious. It's an Australian comedy called Kath and Kim. He might enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Kaf and Kim.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of it.
Speaker 8: Hello, Okay, if I family Gary and Shannon, this is High Desert Mike. What you watch on Wednesday?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: Man, you guys have to watch Netflix The Black Mirror. All the new episodes are so great. Yeah, check it out, guys.
Speaker 4: I'm waiting till I have to travel to just download the whole season and of it something to look forward to day.
Speaker 1: Never gotten into Black Mirror. I told a couple of different people.
Speaker 3: If you like Twilight Zone, yeah you get into it. I like it.
Speaker 5: And then next week, by the time we start doing this show next week, we will have been able to have seen the.
Speaker 1: Entire Dallas season four of The Bear.
Speaker 3: You're going to watch the whole season.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying I'm going to watch the whole season. I'm saying it's possible that by the time we do this twelve thirty Wednesday next week, you could have watched.
Speaker 4: Where do you fall in the whole season drops versus the like the Buccaneers I mentioned just debuted season two yesterday, They do one episode a week.
Speaker 3: Where do you fall on that?
Speaker 4: Do you like it when the whole season drops or do you like to build up a little patience flex that muscle?
Speaker 5: I like it when the whole season drops, but I won't watch the whole thing in one day. That would be too crazy. But then that gives me the opportunity to watch it over the course of four days.
Speaker 4: Well that's what I'm saying, Like, do you prefer I mean, I kind of like the one episode a week just because it gives you something to kind of like look forward to.
Speaker 5: Give me my drugs and let me dole them out. Ah Okay, yeah, you made that clear.
Speaker 4: Now I know why you don't do drugs, because I think we know you would end up in a gutter.